No data available that match "Viral Structures"
Molecular Genetics | BioEd OnlineDNA and RNA structure and function, gene regulation, proteins, mutation, viral structures and replication, genomics, medical ... DNA and RNA structure and function, gene regulation, proteins, mutation, viral structures and replication, genomics, medical ... Raye Lynn Alford, PhD, explains the structures and functions of genomes, and discusses how chromosomal changes lead to certain ...
PDBSince then hundreds of viral structures have been determined. Scientists know that the coordinates for these structures can be ... Do you have plans to include non-icosahedral structures, e.g. viral glycoproteins? ... Human Hepatitis B Viral Capsid (1qgt) Orthohepadnavirus, Hepadnaviridae. Foot and Mouth Disease Virus/Fab Complex (1qgc) ... The first crystallographic X-ray structure of a virus was that of tomato bushy stunt virus in 1977, followed by structures of ...
Lab/Branch SectionsAfter entering the host cell, a DNA copy of the viral genome is made by reverse transcription. Integration of this viral DNA ... and how dynamic RNA structures contribute to the regulation of gene expression and human pathophysiology. Current research ... that prevents integration of the viral DNA into itself. Our studies suggest that compaction of the viral DNA by BAF makes it ... Integrase processes the ends of the viral DNA and covalently inserts these processed ends into host DNA. We study the molecular ...
GEB - Morphogenese von Pestiviren - Schmeiser, StefanieThis will allow a three dimensional and therefore improved resolution of cellular and viral structures and thereby an extensive ... In the first part of the thesis infection models were established based on virus growth curves and quantification of viral ... To establish the methods cell culture expression models were chosen which allowed over-expression of viral proteins. The cryo- ... It is assumed that the structural proteins of the viral envelope accumulate at membranes of the rough endoplasmic reticulum ( ...
Five-prime cap - Wikipedia"Recognition of mRNA cap structures by viral and cellular proteins". Journal of General Virology. 86 (5): 1239-1249. doi:10.1099 ...
"Genetic variations in a well conserved 5 '-untranslated region of hepatitis C virus genome isolated in Pakistan" by Anila...... isolates from Pakistan were studied and the probable effects of these variations were assessed on secondary viral structures. ... isolates from Pakistan were studied and the probable effects of these variations were assessed on secondary viral structures. ...
The Strange, Small World Of Viruses - tribunedigital-orlandosentinelMolecular biologist Bergit Fleurent of the Dow Chemical Corp., where viral structures are studied as part of the company's drug ... Welcome to the viral domain, a world where mere snippets of genetic material can carry the threat of wiping out entire ...
The Rife Way - KeelyNet 01/06/02Fortunately for mammals, our cellular structure is said to be about one hundred times tougher than viral cellular structures ... And the nano-hz and pico-hz signals active at viral dimensions cannot possibly penetrate the body because of 'skin effect' ( ... This allowed him to view said viral destruction. (2). All five of Rife's revolutionary microscopes had a monochromatic option. ...
Gene Therapy: The Age of AAV... which are the viral structures known to confer tropism and can be recognized by immune cells, are more tolerant to changes in ... Current delivery methods are broadly categorized in viral vs. non-viral systems. The viral category includes retrovirus, ... Generally non-viral methods suffer from highly inefficient targeting while viral-based methods offer advantages related to ... The AAV genome consists of the rep and cap genes responsible for the viral life cycle and the formation of the capsid shell ...
ORBi: Browsing ORBiOther evidence of morbillivirus infection was provided by the demonstration of specific viral structures in syncytia and in ... This might lead to progressive weakness, predisposing the animals to secondary pathogens such as viral diseases. Finally, the ... Etude clinique et anatomopathologique de l'infection expérimentale de lapins par une souche virale amyxomateuse isolée en ...
orbi.ulg.ac.be/browse?type=author&sort_by=1&order=DESC&rpp=20&etal=3&value=Coignoul, Freddy p001324&offset=60
Patent US7220419 - Self-assembling recombinant papillomavirus capsid proteins - Google PatentsThe capsomer structures and viral capsids, consisting of the capsid proteins that are expression products of a bovine, monkey ... Recombinant papillomavirus capsid proteins that are capable of self assembly into capsomer structures and viral capsids that ... The capsomer structures and viral capsids, consisting of the capsid proteins that are expression products of a bovine,...http ... The capsomer structures and viral capsids, consisting of the capsid proteins that are expression products of a bovine, monkey ...
Faculty PageFremont, D.H., Matsumura, M., Stura, E.A., Peterson, P.A., and Wilson, I.A. (1992). Crystal structures of two viral peptides in ... as well as other the viral proteins. The avian H5N1 and swine H1N1 influenza virus HA structures have been determined as well ... Stanfield, R.L., Fieser, T.M., Lerner, R.A., and Wilson, I.A. (1990). Crystal structures of an antibody to a peptide and its ... Over 250 crystal structures of monoclonal Fab fragments and complexes with a variety of antigens, such as peptides, steroids, ...
Adjuvants and delivery systems in veterinary vaccinology: current state and future developments | SpringerLink... central interactive region of human MxA GTPase is involved in GTPase activation and interaction with viral target structures. ... Murphy PM (2001) Viral exploitation and subversion of the immune system through chemokine mimicry. Nat Immunol 2:116-122PubMed ... Harpin S, Hurley DJ, Mbikay M, Talbot B, Elazhary Y (1999) Vaccination of cattle with a DNA plasmid encoding the bovine viral ... Lee SR, Pharr GT, Boyd BL, Pinchuk LM (2008) Bovine viral diarrhea viruses modulate toll-like receptors, cytokines and co- ...
A. Kar-Roy, H. Korkaya, R. Oberoi, et al. The hepatitis E virus open reading frame 3 protein activates ERK through binding and...In recent years, much more attention has been paid to the structures of viral genes and the functions of viral proteins. The ... is one of the most important pathogens of acute viral hepatitis prevailing in developing countries. There are four major ...
Viruses | Free Full-Text | RSV Fusion: Time for a New Model | HTML... and the second involving fusion to the cell membrane mediated by the viral F protein and a specific cellular fusion receptor. ... which may be enhanced by electrostatic interactions with cellular glycoproteins/heparin and the viral G protein, ... White, J.M.; Delos, S.E.; Brecher, M.; Schornberg, K. Structures and mechanisms of viral membrane fusion proteins: multiple ... Binding of viral G protein in an electrostatic fashion to the cell surface may be the first step in efficient viral attachment ...
Chemokine Receptors | Sigma-AldrichSecreted viral chemokine binding proteins with unique structures have also been identified. Finally, some viral proteins ... vMIP-II: Viral macrophage inflammatory protein II. h: human. m: mouse. r: rat ... Seet, B.T. and McFadden, G., Viral chemokine-binding proteins., J. Leuk. Biol., 72, 24-34 (2002). ...
Inter Research » DAO » v79 » n3 » p199-205... although the primary structures of the viral RNAs and encoded proteins are similar among the viruses. We have previously ... ABSTRACT: Betanodaviruses, the causative agents of viral nervous necrosis in marine fish, have bipartite positive-sense RNA ... KEY WORDS: Betanodavirus · Host specificity · Viral nervous necrosis · Chimeric virus · RNA2 · T4 region · SJNNV · RGNNV ...
Arabidopsis HAP2/GCS1 is a gamete fusion protein homologous to somatic and viral fusogens | JCBStructures and mechanisms of viral membrane fusion proteins: multiple variations on a common theme. Crit. Rev. Biochem. Mol. ... The results are means ± SEM (n = 3). (D) Viral class II trimeric fusion proteins (viral Fusexins) have a unilateral fusion ... SnapShot: Viral and eukaryotic protein fusogens. Cell. 151:1634-1634.e1. doi:10.1016/j.cell.2012.11.041. ... Structures are colored according to domains as in A and E; cd loops are shown in orange (facing up). (C) Structural similarity ...
Viruses : Wikis (The Full Wiki)An enormous variety of genomic structures can be seen among viral species; as a group they contain more structural genomic ... Uncoating is a process in which the viral capsid is degraded by viral enzymes or host enzymes thus releasing the viral genomic ... The adjective viral dates to 1948. The term virion is also used to refer to a single infective viral particle. The plural ... depending on whether it is complementary to the viral messenger RNA (mRNA). Positive-sense viral RNA is identical to viral mRNA ...
Publications | The Dana and Yossie HollanderApplication of the Use of High-Throughput Technologies to the Determination of Protein Structures of Bacterial and Viral ... Application of the Use of High-Throughput Technologies to the Determination of Protein Structures of Bacterial and Viral ... Flexibility of the Flap in the Active Site of Bace1 as Revealed by Crystal Structures and Molecular Dynamics Simulations. Acta ...
Distemper in CatsSince the viral structures are similar, the veterinarian can also run a dog parvovirus test on the cat's stool sample to detect ... Feline distemper is a highly contagious viral infection that was once a leading cause of death in cats before effective ... In a normally functioning immune system, antibodies are produced to fight invading viral and bacteri... ...
Dorota Lucja Piekna-Przybylska, Ph.D. - University of Rochester Medical CenterWe have recently shown that guanine-rich sequences in the HIV-1 genome can adopt G-quadruplex structures in both viral RNA and ... Viral RNA G-quadruplexes support genome dimerization and may facilitate viral recombination, which contributes to viral ... This suggests that these structures may also contribute to the regulation of viral gene expression (i.e., regulation of latency ... G-quadruplexes are guanine rich nucleic acid structures capable of forming a four-stranded structure. DNA G-quadruplexes have ...
Viruses | Free Full-Text | Endocytic Pathways Involved in Filovirus Entry: Advances, Implications and Future Directions | HTMLWhile it is generally agreed that filovirus entry into the host cytoplasm requires viral internalization into acidic endosomal ... of the host-virus interactions that accompany filovirus entry into cells is expected to identify determinants of viral ... White, J.M.; Delos, S.E.; Brecher, M.; Schornberg, K. Structures and mechanisms of viral membrane fusion proteins: Multiple ... 3. Cellular Endocytic Pathways Implicated in Viral Entry. Cellular endosomes are pleomorphic structures, which fuse with one ...
Databases and tools related to finding cis acting regulatory elements in mRNA sequencesConserved viral RNA secondary structures (2001). IRESdb (last updated 2002).. SelexDB (2000) ...
MAXITROL - neomycin sulfate, polymyxin b sulfate and dexamethasone suspension - Prescription (RX) Marketed Drugs EncyclopediaUse of ocular steroids may prolong the course and may exacerbate the severity of many viral infections of the eye (including ... and also in mycobacterial infection of the eye and fungal diseases of ocular structures. MAXITROL® is also contraindicated in ... MAXITROL® (neomycin and polymyxin B sulfates and dexamethasone ophthalmic suspension) is contraindicated in most viral diseases ...
drugsdb.eu/drug.php?d=Maxitrol&m=Alcon Laboratories, Inc.&id=277ff310-b7dc-43b6-8a16-885b58882bc0.xml
No data available that match "Viral Structures"
(1/2) Periodic table of virus capsids: implications for natural selection and design.
(2/2) Critical role of leucine-valine change in distinct low pH requirements for membrane fusion between two related retrovirus envelopes.
- Recombinant papillomavirus capsid proteins that are capable of self assembly into capsomer structures and viral capsids that comprise conformational antigenic epitopes are provided. (google.com)
- The capsomer structures and viral capsids, consisting of the capsid proteins that are expression products of a bovine, monkey or human papillomavirus L1 conformational coding sequence proteins, can be prepared as vaccines to induce a high titer neutralizing antibody response in vertebrate animals. (google.com)
- Over 250 crystal structures of monoclonal Fab fragments and complexes with a variety of antigens, such as peptides, steroids, cocaine, and proteins, including HIV-1, gp120 and gp41, have led to significant insights into antibody-antigen recognition, virus neutralization, and vaccine design for HIV-1. (scripps.edu)
- The 1918 flu, which killed 20-40 million people worldwide, is being investigated through structural and binding studies of the 1918 viral proteins, such as the hemagglutinin (HA) and neuraminidase, as well as other the viral proteins. (scripps.edu)
- We have also determined structures of almost all of the rare, broadly neutralizing antibodies against the HIV-1 envelope proteins, gp120 and gp41, in order to elucidate the sites of vulnerability that can be used for HIV-1 vaccine design. (scripps.edu)
- In recent years, much more attention has been paid to the structures of viral genes and the functions of viral proteins. (hanspub.org)
- The viral genome encodes 11 proteins, three of which, small hydrophobic (SH), glycoprotein (G) and fusion (F) contribute to the viral coat. (mdpi.com)
- Secreted viral chemokine binding proteins with unique structures have also been identified. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Finally, some viral proteins function as chemokine mimics. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Betanodaviruses have marked host specificity, although the primary structures of the viral RNAs and encoded proteins are similar among the viruses. (int-res.com)
- Structural modeling of the HAP2/GCS1 protein family predicts that they are homologous to EFF-1 and viral class II fusion proteins (e.g. (rupress.org)
- In these images, all viral capsids are placed in a single icosahedral orientation convention, making it easy to compare different structures. (virology.ws)
- However, it is not a straightforward task to produce a complete viral capsid from those data, and non-scientists searching for a pre-made complete virus image may find the site daunting. (virology.ws)
- VIPERdb solves these problems with its collection o f icosahedral virus capsid structures. (virology.ws)
- The adhoc approaches to virus capsid analysis culminated into robust and uniform analysis of virus structures, when the group moved to The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI) and started a collaboration with Charles Brooks III, and joined the NIH Research Resource Center for the Development of Multiscale Modeling Tools for Structural Biology ( MMTSB ) in 1997-1998. (virology.ws)
- The AAV genome consists of the rep and cap genes responsible for the viral life cycle and the formation of the capsid shell surrounding the genome, respectively. (harvard.edu)
- The diversity and extent of sequence variations between hepatitis C virus (HCV) isolates from Pakistan were studied and the probable effects of these variations were assessed on secondary viral structures. (bepress.com)
- However, some viruses including those causing HIV and viral hepatitis evade these immune responses and result in chronic infections. (thefullwiki.org)
- Current delivery methods are broadly categorized in viral vs. non-viral systems. (harvard.edu)
- The first crystallographic X-ray structure of a virus was that of tomato bushy stunt virus in 1977, followed by structures of the animal viruses poliovirus and rhinovirus in 1985. (virology.ws)
- [ 4 ] Viruses are found in almost every ecosystem on Earth and these minute structures are the most abundant type of biological entity. (thefullwiki.org)
- Viruses vary from simple helical and icosahedral shapes to more complex structures. (thefullwiki.org)
- Microorganisms also have defences against viral infection, such as restriction modification systems which restrict the growth of viruses. (thefullwiki.org)
- Fortunately for mammals, our cellular structure is said to be about one hundred times tougher than viral cellular structures and about fifty times tougher than bacteria and fungi. (keelynet.com)
- RSV binding and entry is likely to be a two-step process, the first involving the attachment of the virus to the cell membrane, which may be enhanced by electrostatic interactions with cellular glycoproteins/heparin and the viral G protein, and the second involving fusion to the cell membrane mediated by the viral F protein and a specific cellular fusion receptor. (mdpi.com)
- In order to understand attachment and fusion/entry into cells it is crucial to determine which viral envelope protein(s) are involved and what are their corresponding cellular ligands. (mdpi.com)
- As will be discussed in further detail below, we propose that RSV binding and entry into cells is likely to be at least a two-step process: first, attachment of the virus to the cell membrane mediated by electrostatic interactions with cellular glycoproteins/heparin and the viral G protein, and secondly, fusion to the cell membrane mediated by the viral F protein and a specific cellular fusion receptor. (mdpi.com)
- Other evidence of morbillivirus infection was provided by the demonstration of specific viral structures in syncytia and in cell cultures, and the detection of neutralizing antibodies to canine distemper virus. (ac.be)
- Immune responses can also be produced by vaccines , which confer an artificially acquired immunity to the specific viral infection. (thefullwiki.org)
- AAV, or adeno-associated virus, is currently the main viral vector that researchers use and further develop for gene therapy because it is considered to be non-pathogenic to humans and because it has been successfully altered to prevent its integration into the genome, thus eliminating DNA damage and unpredictable consequences. (harvard.edu)
- Fusion of the virus to the cell membrane as well as the formation of syncytia, the characteristic cytopathic effect of RSV, is mediated by the viral F protein. (mdpi.com)
- It was clear that if it took an expert in structural virology 3-4 hours to determine the appropriate symmetry matrices to create a single complete particle, members of the virology community interested in using the structures were frustrated and probably not using the information. (virology.ws)
- Molecular biologist Bergit Fleurent of the Dow Chemical Corp., where viral structures are studied as part of the company's drug research, said the ''knobby'' protein coat of the human immunodeficiency virus sets the stage for AIDS. (orlandosentinel.com)
- The avian H5N1 and swine H1N1 influenza virus HA structures have been determined as well as mutations that enhance binding to human receptors that may allow the virus to cross the species barrier into humans and be transmissible. (scripps.edu)
- Viral infections in animals provoke an immune response that usually eliminates the infecting virus. (thefullwiki.org)
- [ 10 ] The term virion is also used to refer to a single infective viral particle. (thefullwiki.org)