No data available that match "Tanning"
Mens 7 Panel Leather Flat Cap Tan : Shelby... - Crafted from soft nappa sheeps leather the Shelby delivers on a luxury leather ... Home › Gift & Accessories › Hats › Ashwood › Ashwood 7 Panel Leather Flat Cap Tan : Shelby ...
VS | Hand-made Four Leather watch Straps Vintage Set - Leather watch straps, leather watch bands, VintagestrapsColors: Natural + Mustard + Tan + Brown Ranch. NOTE: if you need different measure for each strap or custom lenght, just ... The leather is choosed personally from the best Tuscany tanneries, is a vegetable tanned, oiled, aniline leather produced with ...
Taylor Suede/Poly Guitar Strap Black - Thomann PolskaSuede/Poly Guitar Strap Tan Taylor Suede/Poly Guitar Strap Olive Taylor ...
Dehairing: How to grain a hide and remove the epidermis layer for braintanning.BraintanBuckskin.com Tan your hide!. Home , About Melvin Beattie , Hide Tanning DVD , Notes & Updates , Classes. Deer , Elk , ... Tanning Spirit Notes and Updates. -Dehairing-. You can use the same tools for dehairing as were used for fleshing. The only ...
Wholesale Leather Tanning Agent | Made-in-China.comSelect 2017 high quality Wholesale Leather Tanning Agent products in best price from certified Chinese Drying Agent ... Calcium Lignosulfonate as Tanning Agent: Calcium Lignosulfonate as Tanning Agent in Leathe ... 21-23% BCS (basic chrome sulfate) for Tanning of Bull, Cow, Pig Leather FOB Price: $630 - $720 / Ton Min. Order: 1 Ton ... Chrome Leather Tanning Agent Basic Chrome Sulphate High Quality FOB Price: $580 - $880 / Ton Min. Order: 20 Tons ...
TanningGet the facts on sun and skin damage - and what you can do to protect yourself and still look tan. ... Trauma-free Tans. Even when you're serious about protecting your skin, you may sometimes want the glow of a tan. Luckily, many ... Tanning Downsides. UVA rays may make you tan, but they can also cause serious damage. That's because UVA rays penetrate deeper ... Avoid tanning "accelerators" or tanning pills that claim to speed up the body's production of melanin or darken the skin. ...
tanning beds - WiktionaryRetrieved from "https://en.wiktionary.org/w/index.php?title=tanning_beds&oldid=45593231" ...
Self-Tanning Mousse - KICKSMynewsdesk is the world's leading all-in-one brand newsroom and multimedia PR platform. Over 5,000 brands as diverse as Coca Cola, Google, Volkswagen, Canon, and UNICEF use their Mynewsdesk newsrooms to publish and distribute their content, achieve greater visibility across search and social media, connect with key influencers, and tell their stories.
WHO: Tanning Beds Cause CancerThe World Health Organization has moved UV tanning beds to its highest cancer risk category -- ... Tanning Industry Responds. Last September, International Tanning Association (ITA) Executive Director John Overstreet told ... This is significant because the indoor tanning industry has often claimed that tanning beds are safe because the bulbs have ... "People mistakenly see a tan as a sign of health when it is actually a sign of damage to the skin," he says. ...
Phoenix Tanning SalonsAZ tanning salons locations and reviews on Insider Pages. ... Surf City Tanning. * 245 E Bell Rd Ste 56, Phoenix, AZ. * 602- ... Good small place to get a tan and a great bikini and cute sandals to match! I think even the guys would really like to tan here ... I love eos tanning i never take the time to write reviews but i thought i needed to take the time to write one about eos ... Total tan charged my account then shut there doors. I went to surf city obviously venting about my prior experience with total ...
Tanning Prize | poetry award | Britannica.comIn 1994 he was awarded the first annual Tanning Prize from the Academy of American Poets for his "outstanding and proven ...
BBB Business Profile | Wild West TanningThis Business is not BBB Accredited. Day Spas in Ruidoso, NM. See business rating, customer reviews, contact information and more.
Spray Tanning - Island Glow | Groupon... or Five Spray Tans from Liquid Sunshine Mobile Spray Tanning Idaho (Up to 58% Off) ... One, Three, or Five Spray Tans from Liquid Sunshine Mobile Spray Tanning Idaho (Up to 58% Off) Boise ... 95 for five spray tans (a $225 value),p,. The spray formula can be customized to suit the client's needs, whether they're ... Their organic tanning sprays fuse 100% natural and organic ingredients such as aloe vera, witch hazel, caramelized sugar, and ...
Self Tanning Lotion Without Smell | WalgreensView current promotions and reviews of Self Tanning Lotion Without Smell and get free shipping at $35. ... Self Tanning Lotion Without Smell at Walgreens. ...
https://walgreens.com/q/self tanning lotion without smell
Alice Tan Ridley | ReverbNationR&B/Soul music, lyrics, and videos from New York, NY on ReverbNation
Sunburn Pictures - Bad Tanning Photos... ugly tan lines, and grody…well, just see for yourself. ... We asked you to find the craziest tanning offenses around-and ... "My friend tries to tan every possible inch of her body whenever we go to the beach together. And I always have to look at her ... "This girl was applying baby oil to her skin all day while baking by the pool in an attempt to get a tan! Doesn't she understand ... "This dude was so desperate to get a tan everywhere that he purposefully gave himself a wedgie…in public!" -Emma ...
X-TremeTan - Tanning Salon in Cedar ParkBrandon & Dallas make my tan time so fun! So glad I came here to get my tan on! Highly recommend X-Treme tan to anyone - they ... New location is awesome, got my base tan in only 3 times of going, and kept my tan for weeks after my month of tanning was over ... New Beds In ALL Levels, 5 Levels Of Tanning! Airbrush Tanning & Visage Frais Sunless Spray Booth! Teeth Whitening! New Extended ... Friends Tan Free On Fridays! Get A Free Upgrade For Bringing In Your Friends!WOOO HOO!!! ...
'Honeybee' Murderer Likely Killed In Tanning Salon Robbery |...L.A. Tan gave him a $5,000 reward--and free tans for life. ... On Saturday, an armed robber walked into L.A. Tan and tied up a ... Ballistic tests show the handgun Gary Amaya carried during the Saturday holdup at L.A. Tan also was used in an Oct. 5 shooting ... Orland Park police say that McDaniel may have saved the lives of himself and two females inside the L.A. Tan. ... Now, authorities believe the man responsible for the shootings was killed during a robbery in an Orland Park tanning salon over ...
Urban Dictionary: tans heelsThere aren't any definitions for tans heels yet.. Can you define it?. ...
Tanning Addiction? Study Suggests Link to Addictive Behavior - ABC News... adds to that body of literature that connects regular visits to a tanning booth with addictive behavior. ... Tanning Can Be Dangerous, But Is It Addictive?. While excessive tanning can prove destructive, and many frequent tanners know ... But for some, the idea that tanning is addictive makes sense. "I absolutely believe that I was addicted to tanning," said 27- ... Increased regulation and warnings about the dangers of habitual tanning have not curbed visits to tanning booths, much to the ...
Tanning Agent Factory | Made-in-China.comSelect 2017 high quality Tanning Agent Factory products in best price from certified Chinese Leather Pre-tanning Agent ... manufacturers, Chrome Tanning Agent suppliers, wholesalers and factory on Made-in-China.com ... Related Searches: Leather Tanning Agent Leather Pre-tanning Agent Chrome Tanning Agent Sodium Tripolyphosphate China STPP ... Calcium Lignosulfonate as Tanning Agent: Calcium Lignosulfonate as Tanning Agent in Leathe ...
Tanning Bed Lotions - A Basic Guide | HubPagesCommercial tanning salons are a plenty so doing so is fairly easy. You've probably seen these establishments in your town. They ... Indoor tanning is one of the best ways to stay nice and dark throughout the long winter season. ... Other Tanning Bed Hubs That You May Want To Check Out. *Sun Tanning Beds In The U.S And Europe. Despite a whole bunch of bad ... Used Tanning Beds For Sale. Tanning beds are as popular now as they have ever been. This is in spite of the fact that they are ...
Ben TanYou are here: Scientific Experts , Canada , University of Saskatchewan , Tan , Ben Tan ... Ben Tan. Department of Pediatrics, Royal University Hospital, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. ... Ben Tan. Department of Pediatrics, Royal University Hospital, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. ...
Tan Mom -- Hospitalized Following Seizure | TMZ.comTan Mom was hospitalized this morning after suffering a seizure inside rehab, TMZ has learned. Sources tell TMZ ... Patricia ... Tan Mom was hospitalized this morning after suffering a seizure inside rehab, TMZ has learned. Sources tell TMZ ... Patricia ... TMZ broke the story ... Tan Mom entered rehab on June 20 for 30 days of treatment. ...
No data available that match "Tanning"
(1/46) Pretanned leather shavings in a supplement mixture for steers: I. In situ and in vitro disappearance, ruminal fermentation, and organic matter, nitrogen, and fiber digestion.
Two digestion studies were conducted to evaluate the use of pretanned leather shavings as a component of a protein supplement. In Exp. 1, the in situ and in vitro disappearance of pretanned leather shavings and soybean meal was evaluated. Results revealed that less than 18.4% of the pretanned leather shavings was solubilized and disappeared when exposed to McDougall's buffer for 48 h, but there was 90.0% disappearance with 48-h exposure to a .1 N HCl/pepsin treatment and 97.0% disappearance with exposure to a two-stage digestion. In situ disappearance following 72 h in the rumen allowed 6.8% disappearance. Thus, leather shavings seem to be relatively indigestible in the rumen, but postruminal digestion may be possible. In Exp. 2, six Angus x Holstein steers, fitted with ruminal and duodenal cannulas, were used in a replicated 3 x 3 Latin square to evaluate ruminal and digestion effects of the following supplements combined with fescue hay at 1.7% of BW (DM basis): no supplementation (control); supplementation intraruminally with soybean meal at .07% of BW (as-fed basis); and supplementation intraruminally with a combination of soybean meal and pretanned leather shavings (17:8 ratio) at .05% of BW (isonitrogenous to soybean meal; as-fed basis). Ruminal fluid passage rate was greater and fluid turnover time was shorter in steers fed leather shavings than in those fed soybean meal (P = .10). Ruminal pH was lower (P = .04) for supplemented steers than for control steers and ruminal NH3 N concentration was greater (P = .01) in steers fed soybean meal than in those fed leather shavings. Total VFA concentration was increased (P = .02) by supplementation. Supplementation with soybean meal increased (P < .05) ruminal molar proportions of butyrate, valerate, and isovalerate compared with leather shavings. Duodenal OM flow and OM disappearing in the intestines were increased by supplementation (P < .10), but not by the type of supplement fed (P > .10). Ruminal digestion of OM and total tract OM digestion were unaffected (P > .10) by supplementation and the type of supplement fed. Flow and digestion of NDF were unaffected (P > .10) by the treatments. Flow of N and the quantity of N disappearing in the intestines were increased (P < .05) by supplementation but did not differ (P > .10) between supplementation groups. Microbial N flow, N utilization for net microbial protein synthesis, and ruminal N disappearance were unaffected (P > .10) by supplementation and the type of supplement provided. Combining pretanned leather shavings with soybean meal seemed to have no deleterious effects on digestion or fermentation and to allow for escape of some N to the lower tract. (+info)
(2/46) Pretanned leather shavings in a supplement mixture for steers: II. Digesta kinetics, ruminal fermentation, and grazing behavior in steers grazing dormant wheatgrass pasture.
Twelve ruminally cannulated steers (Angus x Holstein; average initial BW = 533 +/- 3.28 kg) were randomly allotted to one of three treatments (four steers/treatment) to evaluate the use of pretanned leather shavings as a component of a protein supplement for steers grazing dormant intermediate wheatgrass (Thinopyrum intermedium Host). Steers were allotted to one of three treatments: 1) no supplement (control); 2) supplementation intraruminally at 0700 with soybean meal at .2% of BW (as-fed basis); 3) supplementation intraruminally with soybean meal and pretanned leather shavings (17:8 ratio, respectively) at .16% of BW (as-fed basis). Supplements were formulated so that intakes were isonitrogenous and were placed intraruminally once daily (0700). Sampling periods were conducted February 3 to 16 and February 17 to March 5, 1995. In situ organic matter disappearance of the soybean meal supplement was greater (P > .05) than that of the leather shavings supplement at all incubation times (1, 3, 6, 9, 12, 24, and 48 h). Data suggested that pretanned leather shavings within the leather shavings supplement were only 25% degradable within the rumen. Forage OM intake (control = 12.7, soybean meal = 12.7, and leather shavings = 13.4 g/kg of BW), grazing time, and grazing efficiency were not altered (P > .10) by supplementation or type of supplement provided but did increase between the February and March samplings. Total intake was increased (P = .09) with supplementation and reflected the addition of the protein supplements. Particulate and fluid passage estimates were unaffected (P > .10) by the supplements; however, gastrointestinal fill increased (P = .01) between the February and March samplings. Ruminal pH was lower (P = .04) and ruminal NH3 N concentration was greater (P = .02) for supplemented steers than for control steers, and supplementation treatments did not differ (P > .10). Total VFA concentrations were increased (P = .01) by supplementation but were not affected by type of supplement provided (P > .10). Ruminal molar proportions of acetate and propionate and the ratio of these two VFA did not differ (P > .10) between supplementation types. Nonetheless, supplementation increased molar proportions of butyrate (P = .04), valerate (P = .02), and isovalerate (P = .05), and leather shavings supplementation increased (P = .10) isobutyrate proportions over those in steers supplemented with soybean meal. Combining pretanned leather shavings with soybean meal seemed to have no deleterious effects on forage intake, digesta passage, grazing behavior, or ruminal fermentation and seemed to provide effects similar to those of soybean meal alone. (+info)
(3/46) Inhibition of collagenase by Cr(III): its relevance to stabilization of collagen.
Bacterial collagenase has now been reacted with a select series of Cr(III) complexes and modifications in the activity of chromium-modified collagenase has been deduced from the extent of hydrolysis of (2-furanacryloyl-L-leucyl-glycyl-L-prolyl-L-alanine), FALGPA. A homologous series of Cr(III) complexes with dimeric, trimeric and tetrameric structures as in 1, 2 and 3 respectively has been investigated for their ability to inhibit the action of collagenase against FALGPA. Whereas competitive and non-competitive modes of inhibition of collagenase are expressed by 1, (dimer) and 2, (trimer) respectively, the tetramer, 3, exhibits poor affinity to collagenase and the inhibition of the enzyme activity is uncompetitive. Evidence for different modes of inhibition of collagenase depending on the nature of Cr(III) species has been presented in this work. Circular dichroism and gel electrophoresis data on Cr(III) modified collagenase corroborate the hypothesis that the inhibition of collagenase by the heavy metal ion arises from secondary and quaternary structural changes in the enzyme. The implications of the observed Cr(III) species specific inhibition of collagenase in gaining new insight into the mechanism of stabilization of collagen by Cr(III) are discussed. (+info)
(4/46) Case-control study of leatherwork and male infertility.
OBJECTIVES: To test the hypothesis that leatherwork is associated with male infertility mediated through the development of oligozoospermia. The basis of any association was postulated, at the outset, to be with exposure to the solvents used in leatherwork. METHODS: All new referrals with infertility presenting in Leicestershire hospital clinics between November 1988 and September 1992 and Kettering District General Hospital from August 1990 were eligible to participate; 88.5% agreed to be interviewed. Exposure to leatherwork and work with solvents was defined by job title. Comparisons were made with fertile controls and in an analysis within men from infertile couples with oligozoospermia as the primary outcome. Effects on sperm motility and deformity were investigated secondarily. Analyses used logistic regression for binary outcomes and multilevel modelling for continuous outcomes. RESULTS: 1906 men were interviewed. Compared with the fertile controls the men from infertile couples were 1.10 times (95% confidence interval (95% CI) 0.46 to 2.63; p=0.99) more likely to be leatherworkers and 1.73 times (95% CI 1.26 to 2.38; p<0.001) more likely to work with solvents. Compared with other men, leatherworkers were 1.20 times (95% CI 0.43 to 3.33; p=0.73) more likely to present with oligozoospermia and 1.65 times (95% CI 0.37 to 7.30; p=0.51) more likely to present with teratozoospermia. Being a leatherworker was associated with only a 6% reduction in sperm concentration; motility and deformity were similarly unaffected by this exposure. Work with solvents did not statistically, nor clinically, increase the risk of oligozoospermia, teratozoospermia, or asthenozoospermia. CONCLUSIONS: There was little evidence to support the hypothesis that leatherwork is associated with an increased risk of presenting with infertility or oligozoospermia. There was limited evidence that leatherwork is a risk factor for teratozoospermia. Workers with solvents were at an increased risk of presenting with infertility, although this was not mediated through effects on standard measures of semen quality; this finding merits further investigation. (+info)
(5/46) Comparative decades of experience with glutaraldehyde-tanned human umbilical cord vein graft for lower limb revascularization: an analysis of 1275 cases.
PURPOSE: Biological material has been used as an alternative to autogenous vein since the first lower extremity revascularization procedures were performed. Our experience with glutaraldehyde-tanned human umbilical cord vein graft (UVg), which spanned a period of 28 years, forms the basis of this report, with an emphasis on comparative results between the two decades from 1975 to 1985 and from 1990 to 2000. METHODS: Between 1990 and 2000, 283 lower extremity bypass grafting procedures were performed in 230 patients (264 limbs), with UVg used as the predominant, or sole, graft material. Our experience with 907 reconstructions in the decade from 1975 to 1985 has been previously documented and now serves as a baseline comparison with the past decade of experience with UVg. Each reconstruction was classified on the basis of the distal anastomotic site with or without distal arteriovenous fistulas (dAVFs). The primary and secondary graft patency rates were determined for each category as was cumulative palliation, which combines the end points of graft failure, amputation, and death. RESULTS: The results from the second decade (1990 to 2000) showed a continuation of improving patency rates for UVg grafts in lower extremity revascularization. Comparison results of complications showed no changes in the low incidence rates of infection, stenosis, dissection, and pseudoaneurysm. The original series results showed a 2.9% requirement for aneurysm surgery, with an incidence rate of biodegradation of 57% (36% aneurysms, 21% dilation), whereas the current series results have shown no aneurysms to date. The comparative 6-year secondary patency rates for past and current popliteal and crural bypass grafts (with or without dAVF) were: popliteal, 53% versus 67%, P <.05; and crural, 26% without dAVF versus 47% with dAVF, P <.05. The limb salvage rates for the two series at 6 years showed no significant changes between the decades and the types of bypass grafts. Thrombolysis was performed during the decade from 1990 to 2000 in 27 UVg cases, with lysis achieved in 23 cases (85%) and limb salvage achieved in 20 cases (74%). Since 1996, associated endovascular procedures (fluoroscopy, angioplasty) have assumed increasing importance in the reduction of perioperative graft closure and in the enhancement of patency. CONCLUSION: Our continuing experience with UVg confirms that favorable results can be obtained with this biologic alternative to autologous vein for lower limb revascularization. Concern regarding biodegradation and aneurysm formation even after 5 years are unfounded at this time. Improved patency and limb salvage rates can be achieved in concert with lower nonthrombotic failure rates, increasing performance of associated endovascular procedures, use of tourniquets, and the addition of dAVF for crural bypass grafting. Prospective randomized studies are still necessary for the assessment of the comparative role of all graft materials, a project that continues to evade our specialty. (+info)
(6/46) Elevated levels of DNA-protein crosslinks and micronuclei in peripheral lymphocytes of tannery workers exposed to trivalent chromium.
DNA-protein crosslinks (DPC) are a promising biomarker of exposure to hexavalent chromium, a known human carcinogen. Although trivalent chromium is considered to have much lower toxicity, the risk involved in chronic exposure is uncertain. DPC may be a useful tool in clarifying this risk, by signaling an exposure of body tissues to biologically active forms of chromium. DPC quantification was carried out in lymphocytes of a group of tannery workers exposed to trivalent chromium, a small group of manual metal arc stainless steel welders exposed to hexavalent chromium and a control group. This biomarker was compared with the frequency of micronuclei in cytokinesis blocked peripheral lymphocytes as a biomarker of cytogenetic lesions and total plasma and urine chromium levels as an index of exposure. The results indicate a significant increase in the formation of DPC in tannery workers compared with controls (0.88 +/- 0.19 versus 0.57 +/- 0.21%, P < 0.001, Mann-Whitney test) and an even higher level of DPC in welders (2.22 +/- 1.12%, P = 0.03). Tanners showed a significant increase in micronucleated cells compared with controls (6.35 +/- 2.94 versus 3.58 +/- 1.69 per thousand, P < 0.01), whereas in welders this increase was not significant (5.40 +/- 1.67 per thousand ). Urinary chromium was increased in both groups, with a greater increase observed in tanners compared with controls (2.63 +/- 1.62 versus 0.70 +/- 0.38 microg/g creatinine, P < 0.001) than in welders (1.90 +/- 0.37 microg/g creatinine, P < 0.005). Plasma chromium was also increased in both groups (tanners 2.43 +/- 2.11 microg/l, P < 0.001, welders 1.55 +/- 0.67 microg/l, P < 0.005 versus controls 0.41 +/- 0.11 microg/l). In summary, chronic occupational exposure to trivalent chromium can lead to a detectable increase in lymphocyte DNA damage which correlates with a significant exposure of the cells to the metal. (+info)
(7/46) Studies on the nature of interaction of iron(III) with alginates.
The interactions between the polysaccharide alginate and iron(III) were investigated. The solution properties were studied through pH-metry, viscometry, zeta potential and particle size measurements. In the presence of alginate, iron(III) was stabilized and no precipitation was observed. Studies indicate that iron(III)-alginate system was more stable than iron(III) or alginate alone. The binding constant is of the order of 10(4) M(-1). A case for 'site binding model' for the interaction between alginate and Fe(III) has been made based on the studies using circular dichroism and zeta potential experiments. The number of binding sites per molecule of alginate has been estimated to be 66. This indicates that the alginate can bind more number of Fe(III) ions and thus provide a stable complex which can find wide industrial applications. (+info)
(8/46) Incidence of high blood pressure in a group of tannery workers in Brazil.
The aim of this study was to measure the incidence of high blood pressure (HBP) in a medium-size tannery in Botucatu, Sao Paulo State, southeast Brazil. A previous study at this tannery showed a high prevalence of arterial hypertension. A positive correlation was found between cumulated work time and arterial pressure. We followed a cohort of workers for seven years. At the end of this period, HBP incidence rate was calculated as 0.0964.year(-1). This was considered high compared to other occupational groups. (+info)
- Experts believe this is partly due to an increase in the use of tanning beds and sun lamps, which have high levels of UVA rays. (kidshealth.org)
- The World Health Organization's International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) announced today that it has moved UV tanning beds to its highest cancer risk category -- "carcinogenic to humans. (webmd.com)
- Cogliano says the IARC group met last month to review the research on tanning beds and the role ultraviolet light exposure plays in skin cancer. (webmd.com)
- This is significant because the indoor tanning industry has often claimed that tanning beds are safe because the bulbs have more UVA radiation than UVB, says American Cancer Society Deputy Chief Medical Officer Len Lichtenfeld, MD. (webmd.com)
- The report cited the group's own research analysis published in 2006, finding the use of tanning beds before age 30 to be associated with a 75% increase in melanoma risk. (webmd.com)
- One of the established risk factors for melanoma is UV light, so both exposure to sun and exposure to tanning beds are probably risk factors. (webmd.com)
- In a news release issued at the time, ITA spokeswoman Sarah Longwell said, "Both the sun and tanning beds have been unnecessarily demonized by special interests using junk science and scare tactics. (webmd.com)
- But in a news release issued today, ITA President Dan Humiston acknowledged that UV exposure from tanning beds is not discernibly different from UV exposure from the sun. (webmd.com)
- New Beds In ALL Levels, 5 Levels Of Tanning! (foursquare.com)
- Of these, 229 utilized indoor tanning beds. (go.com)
- They usually have funny names like Fabutan or Quicktan and basically consist of a bunch of sun tanning beds in multiple rooms. (hubpages.com)
- Despite a whole bunch of bad press and controversy, sun tanning beds are still very popular all over the world. (hubpages.com)
- Tanning beds are as popular now as they have ever been. (hubpages.com)
- In an interview with WebMD, the IARC's Vincent Cogliano, PhD, called the scientific evidence linking indoor tanning to the deadly skin cancer melanoma "sufficient and compelling. (webmd.com)
- Study co-author Eleni Linos, MD, DrPh, of Stanford University, points to studies showing increases in outdoor and indoor tanning in recent years, especially among young women. (webmd.com)
- Last September, International Tanning Association (ITA) Executive Director John Overstreet told WebMD that a report by leading researchers in the fields of melanoma research, dermatology, and cell biology calling for greater regulation of indoor tanning included "irresponsible assertions without providing any concrete link between indoor tanning and melanoma. (webmd.com)
- We Will Continue To Strive To Provide The Best For Cedar Park Indoor Tanning Industry! (foursquare.com)
- Even after my wedding I continued indoor tanning until August of 2008, when I received my diagnosis of melanoma," she said. (go.com)
- A significant percentage of the self-identified young people going to indoor tanning met the criteria for addiction. (go.com)
- Indoor tanning is one of the best ways to stay nice and dark throughout the long winter season. (hubpages.com)
- I know that there is very damning evidence supporting the fact that indoor tanning causes skin cancer. (hubpages.com)
- Here's what you can expect as far as ingredients are concerned when it comes to a typical indoor tanning lotion. (hubpages.com)
- This is another ingredient that makes up indoor tanning lotions. (hubpages.com)
- Users must wear special eye protection and also cover their entire body's with a tanning bed lotion. (hubpages.com)
- But before you put on your bathing suit and head to the pool (or pay for a bed or booth in a tanning salon ), there are a few things to think about when it comes to your skin and sun exposure. (kidshealth.org)
- Airbrush Tanning & Visage Frais Sunless Spray Booth! (foursquare.com)
- A new study, released Monday in the journal Archives of Dermatology, adds to that body of literature that connects regular visits to a tanning booth with addictive behavior . (go.com)
- Beginning in the early 1990s, a particularly dramatic increase was seen in thicker and more lethal melanoma lesions, leading the researchers to conclude that tanning has probably played a significant role in this increase. (webmd.com)
- I absolutely believe that I was addicted to tanning ," said 27-year-old melanoma survivor Kristi Setzer, who said she began a tanning regimen to look good for her wedding in 2006. (go.com)
- My uncle actually died after a battle with melanoma, but even though I knew that, I felt compelled to go tan. (go.com)
- Tim Turnham, executive director of the Melanoma Research Foundation, said getting the answer to whether tanning is an addiction will be important in stopping people from getting cancer from it. (go.com)
- Commercial tanning salons are a plenty so doing so is fairly easy. (hubpages.com)
- They're available at the tanning salons mentioned above and online as well. (hubpages.com)
- A moisturizer helps to prevent skin from cracking under the heat of the tanning bed lamps. (hubpages.com)
- Cogliano said studies conducted over the past decade provide an "an abundance of evidence" that tanning bed use has played a role in this rise, along with direct sun exposure. (webmd.com)
- Because rapid aging and wrinkling is sometimes a result of exposure to UV rays, vitamin E is a must if you're looking for a good tanning lotion. (hubpages.com)
- Increased regulation and warnings about the dangers of habitual tanning have not curbed visits to tanning booths , much to the chagrin of doctors and public health advocates. (go.com)
- For the study, researchers asked 421 students about their tanning habits. (go.com)
- We think that tanning gives a brief cosmetic change for a lifetime of problems with skin cancer and wrinkles. (go.com)
- Their organic tanning sprays fuse 100% natural and organic ingredients such as aloe vera, witch hazel, caramelized sugar, and vitamin C to create a natural bronze glow free of harsh chemicals, malignant rays, or artificial butter. (groupon.com)
- Friends Tan Free On Fridays! (foursquare.com)
- L.A. Tan gave him a $5,000 reward--and free tans for life. (huffingtonpost.com)
- Depending on your specific needs, a tanning lotion can contain a number of different ingredients. (hubpages.com)
- UVA rays may make you tan, but they can also cause serious damage. (kidshealth.org)
- Brandon & Dallas make my tan time so fun! (foursquare.com)
- While excessive tanning can prove destructive, and many frequent tanners know this and tan anyway, that alone does not make it addictive. (go.com)
- If you're thinking about tanning, make sure you do a lot of research before hitting the sunbed. (hubpages.com)
- Come TAN In A Cool Salon! (foursquare.com)
- Now, authorities believe the man responsible for the shootings was killed during a robbery in an Orland Park tanning salon over the weekend. (huffingtonpost.com)
- UVA radiation is what makes people tan. (kidshealth.org)
- But for some, the idea that tanning is addictive makes sense. (go.com)
- Good small place to get a tan and a great bikini and cute sandals to match! (insiderpages.com)
- People are willing to take risks in order to be tanned. (hubpages.com)
- After going tanning, she estimates, almost every day for a year before her wedding, she continued afterward, despite better than average knowledge of its possible effects. (go.com)
- But despite that, he said, dermatologists see people continue to tan -- a phenomenon that suggests the benefits are beyond cosmetic. (go.com)
- Melanin is the brown pigment that causes tanning. (kidshealth.org)
- We were not able to examine possible causes for this increase, but there is a lot of evidence that it is related to tanning," Clarke tells WebMD. (webmd.com)
- If you have problems with blotching inconsistent tans, you may want to source out a tanning bed lotion that has a bit of copper in it. (hubpages.com)
- For better or for worse, tanning sunbeds are here to stay. (hubpages.com)
- Check out Amazon for a full selection of tanning lotions including Swedish Beauty, Hemporer, Brown Sugar and Designer Luminary. (hubpages.com)
- Dr. Bryon Adinoff, chief of the division on addictions at UT Southwestern Medical Center, said that imaging studies may be necessary to link brain responses to tanning and establish it as an addiction. (go.com)
- New location is awesome, got my base tan in only 3 times of going, and kept my tan for weeks after my month of tanning was over! (foursquare.com)
- There is a ton of great info online about both the risks and benefits associated with tanning. (hubpages.com)
- Tyrosine is a type of amino acid found in pretty much every tanning lotion on the market. (hubpages.com)
- The fact that the IARC has put tanning bed use in the same category as sunlight is hardly newsworthy," he noted. (webmd.com)
- In fact, I've never seen a tanning lotion that doesn't have a moisturizing element in it. (hubpages.com)
- July 28, 2009 - A leading global cancer research group is declaring tanning bed use a significant cancer hazard. (webmd.com)
- Prior to the move, the group had classified sun lamp and tanning bed use as "probably carcinogenic to humans. (webmd.com)
- While physicians agree that tanning can have severe and negative effects, a number of things need to be known before it can be considered a true addiction. (go.com)
- There are a ton of different tanning bed lotions on the market. (hubpages.com)
- I think even the guys would really like to tan here. (insiderpages.com)
- This dude was so desperate to get a tan everywhere that he purposefully gave himself a wedgie…in public! (cosmopolitan.com)
- Total tan charged my account then shut there doors. (insiderpages.com)
- I went to surf city obviously venting about my prior experience with total tan. (insiderpages.com)
- To many people, summer means hanging out at the pool or the beach, soaking up rays in pursuit of a golden tan. (kidshealth.org)
- Darker-skinned people tan more deeply than lighter-skinned people because their melanocytes produce more melanin. (kidshealth.org)
- People mistakenly see a tan as a sign of health when it is actually a sign of damage to the skin ," he says. (webmd.com)
- Testing results don't really support it but copper is supposed to help provide more of an even tan. (hubpages.com)