No data available that match "Publishing"
Publishing Trends | HuffPost6 Trend-Savvy Book Publishing Strategies By Lisa Tener, Contributor Book writing coach ...
Capturing and publishing... capturing and publishing of all kinds. By trade I am a photographer, but this group has a wide variety of members of all trades ... Capturing and publishing is a Public Group with 405 members.. *Capturing and publishing ...
Double Dragon Publishing - WikipediaElectronic publishing. DDP publishes books in Rocket-eBook, Hiebook, Adobe PDF, MS Reader, Mobipocket, iSilo, Franklin ... Double Dragon Publishing is a Canadian-based publisher specializing in e-book format publication. Founded by Deron Douglas in ... The publishing house has since grown into a stable publisher with eight separate imprints, focusing on different genres, but ... Retrieved from "https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Double_Dragon_Publishing&oldid=794289384" ...
Publishing Paranoia - latimesI have long been convinced that the publishing industry includes some of the worst-run businesses in the country. I was ... I have long been convinced that the publishing industry includes some of the worst-run businesses in the country. I was ...
Publishing - Education WeekInTime, to be published twice a month during the school year, will be a companion to Time for Kids, which is designed for the ...
Books - JP Publishing AustraliaJP Publishing Australia is dedicated to bringing you fresh, interesting books, in both e-book and hardcopy, across a range of ... JP Publishing Australia is dedicated to bringing you fresh, interesting books, in both e-book and paperback format, across a ...
Workman Publishing Company - WikipediaStorey Publishing. Storey Publishing was founded in 1983 in North Adams, Massachusetts. The company specializes in do-it- ... In 1989, Algonquin was acquired by Workman Publishing, one of the largest independent publishing companies in the United States ... Peter Workman founded the company in 1968 when he published the book Yoga 28-Day Exercise Plan. As of July 2007, two-thirds of ... Workman Publishing Company is an independent publisher of trade books and calendars, known primarily for non-fiction books ...
Covenant Publishing - WikipediaLa Covenant Publishing è una casa editrice inglese fondata nel 1922 a Bishop Auckland da William Pascoe Goard. È stato il ... Covenant Publishing ha pubblicato libri e pamphlets fino al 1921. Le pubblicazioni successive furono pubblicate con la ... Covenant Publishing History, covpub.co.uk. ^ B.I.W.F History ^ William Pascoe Goard Biography, associationcovenantpeople.org ... Nel 1922 William Pascoe Goard, dopo essersi trasferito in Inghilterra, divenne il primo editore della Covenant Publishing. Egli ...
Methuen Publishing - WikipediaEm 2003 a Methuen Publishing comprou a empresa Politico's Publishing de seu proprietário, Iain Dale. Em 2006 a empresa vendeu ... Methuen Publishing Ltd é uma editora britânica. Fundada em 1889 por Sir Algernon Methuen (1856-1924), começou a publicar em ...
Dell Publishing - WikipediaDell Publishing foi uma editora estadunidense de livros, revistas e HQs. Foi fundada em 1921 por George T. Delacorte Jr.. Dos ... "Bantam Dell Publishing Group" da Random House, o qual também usa alguns dos outros selos editoriais da Dell. A Dell Magazines ... foi feito em parceria com a Western Publishing. Em 1943, a Dell entrou no mercado editorial de brochuras, com o selo editorial ... ", "Yearling Books" e "Laurel Leaf Library". A Dell Publishing não existe mais como empresa independente; foi vendida e tornou- ...
NTT Publishing - WikipediaNTT Publishing Co., Ltd. (エヌ・ティ・ティ出版株式会社, Enu Ti Ti Shūppan Kabushiki gaisha?) é uma editora e gravadora japonesa sediada em ... Entre os álbuns publicados pela NTT Publishing podem ser citados: Final Fantasy IV - Original Sound Version Final Fantasy IV - ... Consultado em 16 de junho de 2011 «Label: NTT Publishing - Rate Your Music». Rateyourmusic.com. Consultado em 16 de junho de ... NTT Publishing Co.,Ltd.». Yellowpage-jp.com/. Consultado em 16 de junho de 2011 «NTT HOME > Group Companies > Alphabetical ...
IDW Publishing - WikipediaA IDW Publishing (uma divisão da Idea and Design Works) é uma empresa americana de história em quadrinhos. A empresa foi ...
Paizo Publishing - WikipediaPaizo Publishing é uma editora americana de jogos e desenvolve e publica jogos de role-playing game (RPG) e tabuleiro (board ...
Holyoke Publishing - WikipediaLa Holyoke Publishing Company fu una casa editrice di fumetti americana fondata da Frank Temerson nel 1940, durante il periodo ...
Desktop Publishing... and some of what we might say about desktop publishing of paper products could extend to Web publishing or CD-ROM publishing. ... Check out Web Publishing to learn more about dtp in a webbed environment Good desktop publishing starts with a good design. ( ... I'd like to make the distinction between desktop publishing and other kinds of publishing based on the media used. The media ... Some believe that desktop publishing includes online manuals, multimedia CD-ROMs, and Web Publishing, and in a very true way, ...
Gatehouse Publishing.pdfTrusted computers will never ask you for a security code again. You should only trust this computer if you trust everyone who uses it ...
Self-Publishing 101 | GalleyCatAs publishing struggles through a difficult 2009, more authors will follow her self-publishing lead. For more tales from the ... self-publishing front lines, check out this Smashwords interview with Norman Savage. ...
Publishing adventures in TanzaniaLessons learned from teaching a book publishing workshop - and getting to know the people of Dar es Salaam ... Lessons learned from teaching a book publishing workshop - and getting to know the people of Dar es Salaam ... Publishing adventures in Tanzania. Lessons learned from teaching a book publishing workshop - and getting to know the people of ... Soma Educational Publishing Company chose to pitch a Physics textbook aimed at middle school students, while Maarifa Publishing ...
digital publishing (9)Digital Publishing Suite Released to Adobe.com. The public preview of the Digital Publishing Suite is coming to an end and ... Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Beta Released to Labs. The Adobe® Digital Publishing Suite is a turnkey set of hosted services ... Posts tagged "digital publishing". May 30, 2012 Adobe Digital Editions Preview 4 Released to Labs. Adobe Digital Editions 1.8 ... Project ROME is an all-in-one content creation and publishing application that lets virtually anyone at work, home or school ...
Publishing's New Frontier: SearchThe ability to search online for e-books is one of publishing's biggest hurdles. Inkling CEO Matt MacInnis joins digits to ... Publishing's New Frontier: Search. 1/31/2013 3:39PM The ability to search online for e-books is one of publishing's biggest ... I ... the ... a new fronts and publishing such ... the will Street gentle I'm Simon Constable to tell us about this new friends ... one easing before entering into publishing platform for content that you use CSFB might use the ... teachers all something new ...
Andrews McMeel Publishing | LibraryThingAndrews McMeel Publishing, author of Keep Calm and Carry On, on LibraryThing ... Andrews McMeel Publishing, Andrews McMeel Publishing, Andrews McMeel Publishing, LLC Andrews McMeel Publishing ... (see ... Andrews McMeel Publishing (primary author only). Author division. Andrews McMeel Publishing is currently considered a "single ... Andrews McMeel Publishing. Author of Keep Calm and Carry On. Includes the names: Andrews McMeel, Andrew & McMeel, Andrews and ...
Usherwood Publishing - Lulu.comFree Book Publishing and Global Distribution with easy to use Tools ... Self-Publish, Print & Sell Print-On-Demand Books, eBooks, Photo Books & Calendars. ... 122 pages of new material, much of it never published previously, illustrated with original line art by Peter Szmer and Hugh ... 122 pages of new material, much of it never published previously, illustrated with original line art by Peter Szmer and Hugh ...
Para PublishingWelcome to Para Publishing. Posted on 10/09/2017. by admin. Wherever you are in the development of your book (thinking, ...
SharePoint publishing solution guideSharePoint publishing topologies-Describes the main topologies you can employ to publish SharePoint sites through Forefront UAG ... Verifying SharePoint publishing-Describes how to verify that you have successfully published your SharePoint sites through ... Advantages of publishing SharePoint with Forefront UAG-Describes some of the benefits of using Forefront UAG to provide access ... Overview of SharePoint publishing-Provides an introduction to SharePoint Products and Technologies, and describes how you can ...
Dropbox - Richer Publishing.pdfDropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
No data available that match "Publishing"
(1/1217) Do case studies mislead about the nature of reality?
This paper attempts a partial, critical look at the construction and use of case studies in ethics education. It argues that the authors and users of case studies are often insufficiently aware of the literary nature of these artefacts: this may lead to some confusion between fiction and reality. Issues of the nature of the genre, the fictional, story-constructing aspect of case studies, the nature of authorship, and the purposes and uses of case studies as "texts" are outlined and discussed. The paper concludes with some critical questions that can be applied to the construction and use of case studies in the light of the foregoing analysis. (+info)
(2/1217) The impact of Alcohol and Alcoholism among substance abuse journals.
This article concerns the question of journal impact factor and other bibliometric indicators made available by the Institute for Scientific Information in their Journal Citation Report for 1996. The impact factors of journals within the subject category 'substance abuse' are listed along with total citations, immediacy indices, and cited half-lives. The relationship between cited and citing journals is discussed with the main focus on the data available for Alcohol and Alcoholism. Some of the problems and limitations of bibliometric measures of productivity are dealt with, especially when these are used to evaluate the work of individual scientists. Although bibliometric measures are easy to compute, they become difficult to interpret, such as when dealing with collaborative research and the problem posed by multiple authorship. The need to adjust impact factors and citation counts for the number of co-authors in a paper becomes important when credit has to be attributed to one individual from a multi-author paper. This is often necessary in connection with grant applications and when making decisions about academic promotion and tenure. The impact factor of Alcohol and Alcoholism has increased steadily over the past 5 years, even after adjusting for the number of self-citations, which resulted in an even greater increase in impact. However, the impact factors of substance abuse journals are generally low, compared with disciplines such as immunology, genetics, and biochemistry. Some suggestions are made for increasing the impact factors of substance abuse journals if this is considered necessary. But instead of paying attention to the impact factor of a journal, scientists should give more consideration to the speed and efficiency of the editorial handling of their manuscripts and particularly to the quality and timeliness of the peer review. (+info)
(3/1217) Lessons from a review of publications in three health promotion journals from 1989 to 1994.
A thematic analysis was undertaken of 72 editorials in three leading health promotion journals, Health Education Research: Theory & Practice, Health Education Quarterly and Health Promotion International, from 1989 to 1994. The three main themes which emerged were (1) the need to broaden health promotion interventions, (2) the need to promote rigour and professionalism in the discipline of health promotion, and (3) the need to respond to the information requirements of practitioners. Against this context, we conducted a content analysis of the journals, examining the nature of the 649 peer-reviewed publications in the same time period. Categories from the traditional bio-medical 'stages of research' models had to be adapted before full classification of articles published was feasible. The largest number of articles published could be termed descriptive research, followed by studies developing and validating health promotion measurement tools and health promotion theory. The proportion of program evaluations was small and the proportion of randomized controlled trials ('highest quality evidence' of effectiveness) decreased over time. Dissemination studies were also poorly represented in spite of this being identified in editorials as an important professional need. Ways to redress some of the imbalances observed are discussed. (+info)
(4/1217) Gastroenterology research in the United Kingdom: funding sources and impact.
AIMS: To determine the sources of founding for UK gastroenterology research papers and the relative impact of papers funded by different groups and of unfunded ones. METHODS: UK gastroenterology papers from 1988-94 were selectively retrieved from the Science Citation Index by means of a specially constructed filter based on their title keywords and journal names. They were looked up in libraries to determine their funding sources and these, together with their numbers of authors, numbers of addresses, and research category (clinical/basic) were considered as input parameters to the research. Output parameters analysed were mean journal impact category, citation counts by papers, and the frequency of citation by a US patient. RESULTS: Gastroenterology papers comprise about 7% of all UK biomedical research and 46% of them have no acknowledged funding source. One quarter of the papers acknowledged government support, and a similar fraction a private, non-profit source; 11% were funded by the pharmaceutical industry. The papers acknowledging funding had significantly more impact than the others on all three measures. The citing patents had six times more UK inventors than the average for all US Patent and Trademark Office patents in the relevant classes and were mostly generic in application. CONCLUSION: The variation in impact of papers funded by different sources can mostly be explained by a simple model based on the input factors (numbers of funding bodies, numbers of authors, numbers of addresses, and research type). The national science base in gastroenterology is important for the underpinning of UK invented patents citing to it. (+info)
(5/1217) Trends in antihypertensive drug advertising, 1985-1996.
BACKGROUND: Over the past decade, calcium channel blockers (CCBs) and ACE inhibitors have been used increasingly in the treatment of hypertension. In contrast, beta-blocker and diuretic use has decreased. It has been suggested that pharmaceutical marketing has influenced these prescribing patterns. No objective analysis of advertising for antihypertensive therapies exists, however. METHODS AND RESULTS: We reviewed the January, April, July, and October issues of the New England Journal of Medicine from 1985 to 1996 (210 issues). The intensity of drug promotion was measured as the proportion of advertising pages used to promote a given medication. Statistical analyses used the chi2 test for trend. Advertising for CCBs increased from 4.6% of advertising pages in 1985 to 26.9% in 1996, while advertising for beta-blockers (12.4% in 1985 to 0% in 1996) and diuretics (4.2% to 0%) decreased (all P<0.0001). A nonsignificant increase was observed in advertising for ACE inhibitors (3.5% to 4.3%, P=0.17). Although the total number of drug advertising pages per issue decreased from 60 pages in 1985 to 42 pages in 1996 (P<0.001), the number of pages devoted to calcium channel blocker advertisements nearly quadrupled. CONCLUSIONS: Increasing promotion of CCBs has mirrored trends in physician prescribing. An association between advertising and prescribing patterns could explain why CCBs have supplanted better-substantiated therapies for hypertension. (+info)
(6/1217) Digital photography of digital imaging and communications in medicine-3 images from computers in the radiologist's office.
To fully take advantage of the widespread use of digital imaging systems and to update and eliminate redundant steps involved in medical radiographic publication, we present our experience of processing Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM)-3 digital images from the point of acquisition to the point of publisher-ready radiographic images without intervening hardcopies. (+info)
(7/1217) Where do UK health services researchers publish their findings?
Health services research has emerged as the third vital requirement for understanding and improving health care, alongside basic science and clinical research. This has coincided with more stringent management of research, in particular by funding bodies. The latter are seeking to use bibliographic databases to aid the monitoring of the output of their investments. The principal source of data in the UK is the Research Outputs Database (ROD) set up by the Wellcome Trust primarily to monitor basic and clinical research. Health services researchers' output is difficult to monitor in view of the large number and wide variety of journals in which they publish. In addition, nearly half the journals (representing 35% of the articles) are not currently covered by the ROD. Funding bodies will underestimate the quantity of health services researchers' output unless they take these findings into account. (+info)
(8/1217) The impact of functional analysis methodology on treatment choice for self-injurious and aggressive behavior.
Self-injurious behavior (SIB) and aggression have been the concern of researchers because of the serious impact these behaviors have on individuals' lives. Despite the plethora of research on the treatment of SIB and aggressive behavior, the reported findings have been inconsistent regarding the effectiveness of reinforcement-based versus punishment-based procedures. We conducted a literature review to determine whether a trend could be detected in researchers' selection of reinforcement-based procedures versus punishment-based procedures, particularly since the introduction of functional analysis to behavioral assessment. The data are consistent with predictions made in the past regarding the potential impact of functional analysis methodology. Specifically, the findings indicate that, once maintaining variables for problem behavior are identified, experimenters tend to choose reinforcement-based procedures rather than punishment-based procedures as treatment for both SIB and aggressive behavior. Results indicated an increased interest in studies on the treatment of SIB and aggressive behavior, particularly since 1988. (+info)
- Methuen Publishing Ltd é uma editora britânica. (wikipedia.org)
- Dell Publishing foi uma editora estadunidense de livros, revistas e HQs. (wikipedia.org)
- Paizo Publishing é uma editora americana de jogos e desenvolve e publica jogos de role-playing game (RPG) e tabuleiro (board games em inglês), localizada em Bellevue, Washington e fundada por Lisa Stevens, em 2002, ex-funcionária da White Wolf e da Wizards of the Coast. (wikipedia.org)
- La Covenant Publishing è una casa editrice inglese fondata nel 1922 a Bishop Auckland da William Pascoe Goard. (wikipedia.org)
- Le pubblicazioni successive furono pubblicate con la denominazinazione di casa editrice "Convenant", mentre dal 1922 come "Covenant Publishing" Co., Ltd. Alcune delle prime pubblicazioni hanno venduto oltre 40.00 copie e in seguito è stata fondata una sede anche negli Stati Uniti. (wikipedia.org)
- La Holyoke Publishing Company fu una casa editrice di fumetti americana fondata da Frank Temerson nel 1940, durante il periodo che gli storici e i fan dei fumetti chiamano Golden Age. (wikipedia.org)
- JP Publishing Australia is dedicated to bringing you fresh, interesting books, in both e-book and paperback format, across a range of genres. (google.com)
- Workman Publishing Company is an independent publisher of trade books and calendars, known primarily for non-fiction books along with calendars. (wikipedia.org)
- As of July 2007, two-thirds of the books published by the company remained in print. (wikipedia.org)
- It publishes the bestselling pregnancy guide, What to Expect When You're Expecting , many of Sandra Boynton 's children's books, and Brain Quest. (wikipedia.org)
- Algonquin Books was founded in Chapel Hill, North Carolina in 1983 with a goal to publish quality fiction and nonfiction by unpublished young writers. (wikipedia.org)
- Storey also publishes nature, horse and craft books aimed at young readers under the Storey Kids imprint. (wikipedia.org)
- Artisan, founded in 1994 and based in New York City, publishes high quality illustrated books. (wikipedia.org)
- During our first week in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, we spent a lot of time preparing our training presentations for the books publishing workshops we are to run while we are here. (elsevier.com)
- On November 11, the first books publishing workshop got underway in the library of Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS). (elsevier.com)
- Em 2003 a Methuen Publishing comprou a empresa Politico's Publishing de seu proprietário, Iain Dale. (wikipedia.org)
- A IDW Publishing (uma divisão da Idea and Design Works) é uma empresa americana de história em quadrinhos. (wikipedia.org)
- Filling three days with publishing workflows and commissioning strategies felt like it could go either way. (elsevier.com)
- The teams incorporated information from our workshop, including a vision, target audience, marketing plan for a fictional book launch, staffing plans, print and electronic publishing strategies, and clear goals they would like to accomplish with their new organizations. (elsevier.com)
- Using the Digital Publishing Suite , professional publishers can design and deploy engaging reading experiences across mobile devices and marketplaces. (adobe.com)
- Double Dragon Publishing is a Canadian-based publisher specializing in e-book format publication. (wikipedia.org)
- Peter Workman founded the company in 1968 when he published the book Yoga 28-Day Exercise Plan . (wikipedia.org)
- Soma Educational Publishing Company chose to pitch a Physics textbook aimed at middle school students, while Maarifa Publishing House pitched a topical book on building collapse to sell to architects, engineers, surveyors, lawyers, researchers and university students. (elsevier.com)
- Virtually all can be created and manipulated on a desktop computer, and some of what we might say about desktop publishing of paper products could extend to Web publishing or CD-ROM publishing. (umsl.edu)
- Project ROME is an all-in-one content creation and publishing application that lets virtually anyone at work, home or school inject the power of graphics, photos, text, video, audio and animation into everyday projects. (adobe.com)
- The two teams - "Maarifa Publishing House" and "Soma Educational Publishing Company" - got so into the project that many people worked through their lunch break on the last day to finalize their presentations. (elsevier.com)
- The public preview of the Digital Publishing Suite is coming to an end and supporting content has moved to Adobe.com. (adobe.com)
- Good desktop publishing starts with a good design. (umsl.edu)
- The publishing house has since grown into a stable publisher with eight separate imprints, focusing on different genres, but generally within the science-fiction, fantasy, horror , and paranormal romance subgenres. (wikipedia.org)
- foi vendida e tornou-se parte do "Bantam Dell Publishing Group" da Random House, o qual também usa alguns dos outros selos editoriais da Dell. (wikipedia.org)
- In 1989, Algonquin was acquired by Workman Publishing, one of the largest independent publishing companies in the United States. (wikipedia.org)
- For more tales from the self-publishing front lines, check out this Smashwords interview with Norman Savage. (adweek.com)
- Capturing and publishing is a Public Group with 405 members. (yahoo.com)
- I have long been convinced that the publishing industry includes some of the worst-run businesses in the country. (latimes.com)
- Some believe that desktop publishing includes online manuals, multimedia CD-ROMs, and Web Publishing, and in a very true way, they're right. (umsl.edu)
- InTime , to be published twice a month during the school year, will be a companion to Time for Kids , which is designed for the 4th through 6th grades. (edweek.org)
- Given these changes, how could we expect anyone working in publishing to show up excited to learn skills for a job that might not exist in a year's time? (elsevier.com)
- We gave them time throughout the three days to apply things they had learned to build a strong publishing strategy and pitch. (elsevier.com)
- The Adobe® Digital Publishing Suite is a turnkey set of hosted services and viewer technology that tightly integrates with Adobe Creative Suite® 5 products. (adobe.com)
- Based on that distinction, this page will focus mainly on paper-media publishing. (umsl.edu)
- Desktop publishing (dtp) covers so many subject areas, that no single site could cover it all. (umsl.edu)
- I'd like to make the distinction between desktop publishing and other kinds of publishing based on the media used. (umsl.edu)
- One thing we did learn in advance is that the Tanzanian government announced recently that they plan to take control over scholarly publishing throughout the country. (elsevier.com)