National Socialism: The doctrines and policies of the Nazis or the National Social German Workers party, which ruled Germany under Adolf Hitler from 1933-1945. These doctrines and policies included racist nationalism, expansionism, and state control of the economy. (from Columbia Encyclopedia, 6th ed. and American Heritage College Dictionary, 3d ed.)Eugenics: The attempt to improve the PHENOTYPES of future generations of the human population by fostering the reproduction of those with favorable phenotypes and GENOTYPES and hampering or preventing BREEDING by those with "undesirable" phenotypes and genotypes. The concept is largely discredited. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)Sterilization, Involuntary: Reproductive sterilization without the consent of the patient.Concentration Camps: Facilities in which WARFARE or political prisoners are confined.Autogenic Training: Technique based on muscle relaxation during self-hypnotic exercises. It is used in conjunction with psychotherapy.Socialism: A system of government in which means of production and distribution of goods are controlled by the state.
"What Is National Socialism..."What Is National Socialism?". The Modern Thinker: Oct 1933. » marxists.org ...
British Library EThOS: A past misremembered? : depictions of Jewish persecution under National Socialism in East German cinemaThis interpretative framework undoubtedly resulted in the marginalisation of the fate of Jews under National Socialism in East ... A past misremembered? : depictions of Jewish persecution under National Socialism in East German cinema ... However, by focusing on East German cinematic engagements with National Socialist racial persecution, I seek to challenge the ...
Is National Socialism Dead in America? - Page 38 - StormfrontRe: Is National Socialism Dead in America? National Socialism has no use in modern America. National Socialism in Germany was ... Turning Philosophical National Socialism into Active National Socialism The Hon. Mr. Gilmore. Ideology and Philosophy. 36. 05- ... National Socialism has no use in modern America. National Socialism in Germany was born of the German workers party. It wasn't ... Why Nationalism and National Socialism has failed in America a1usmcwaffenss. Politics & Continuing Crises. 29. 08-11-2017 03:28 ...
National Socialism vs Socialism? - Page 2 - StormfrontRe: National Socialism vs Socialism? But you see, I'm interested in the actual aspect of National-Socialism.. Anytime I go to a ... Turning Philosophical National Socialism into Active National Socialism The Hon. Mr. Gilmore. Ideology and Philosophy. 36. 05- ... Differences between Socialism and National Socialism of today and the NSDAP Lamprecht. General Questions and Comments. 24. 03- ... National Socialism vs Jewish Socialism Movement baronmaximus. Opposing Views Forum. 23. 09-20-2011 09:33 AM. ...
The Differences between Socialism and National Socialism | Difference Between... socialism and National Socialism are different political ideologies that first emerged in the 19th century. ... Differences Between Socialism and National Socialism. There are numerous differences between socialism and National Socialism. ... Socialism advocates for the equal distribution of wealth across all social classes, while National Socialism is more focused on ... The Differences between Socialism and National Socialism. • Categorized under Miscellaneous,Politics , The Differences between ...
German National Socialism and the Quest for Nuclear Power, 1939-49 (repost) / AvaxHomeGerman National Socialism and the Quest for Nuclear Power, 1939-49' English , ISBN: 0521364132, 0521438047 , 1993 , PDF , 304 ... Mark Walker, 'German National Socialism and the Quest for Nuclear Power, 1939-49' English , ISBN: 0521364132, 0521438047 , 1993 ... German National Socialism and the Quest for Nuclear Power, 1939-49 (repost). Posted By: arundhati ... German National Socialism and the Quest for Nuclear Power, 1939-49 (repost). ...
Some Thoughts on German National Socialism on Hitler's Birthday | Deconstructing LeftismSome white nationalists use German National Socialism as their model. But German National Socialism was a political movement of ... Some Thoughts on German National Socialism on Hitler's Birthday. Posted on April 21, 2013 by thrasymachus33308 ... 43 Responses to Some Thoughts on German National Socialism on Hitler's Birthday. * mindweapon. says: ... If there is any lesson to be learned from National Socialism it is the need to look outside the English political outlook for ...
Our New Book: Can socialism make sense? | Workers' Liberty... democracy as the answer to national and other forms of oppression, democracy within the bounds of the labour movement, ... Can socialism make sense? Not only does socialism make sense - it is an unavoidable imperative. Socialism is necessary for the ... Socialism is essential for general human flourishing. Socialism is indispensable to preserve the planet we live on. Socialism ... "socialism" of the 20th century. Socialism is eclipsed, everywhere. This book, Can Socialism Make Sense? edited and introduced ...
DSpace@MIT: 21F.414 German Culture, Media, and Society, Fall 2004... and examines the rise of National Socialism. Readings include: Lessing, Kant, Schiller, Marx, Nietzsche, and Freud. Music by ...
National Socialism in the U.S - Page 3 - StormfrontTurning Philosophical National Socialism into Active National Socialism The Hon. Mr. Gilmore. Ideology and Philosophy. 36. 05- ... Differences between Socialism and National Socialism of today and the NSDAP Lamprecht. General Questions and Comments. 24. 03- ... National Socialism vs Jewish Socialism Movement baronmaximus. Opposing Views Forum. 23. 09-20-2011 09:33 AM. ... Scientific Socialism versus National Socialism Lycurgus. Ideology and Philosophy. 9. 06-01-2007 11:35 PM. ...
Philosophy against National Socialism: Hannah Arendt and Karl Jaspers : "The few cannot be too few" - On the "spirit of...Philosophy against National Socialism: Hannah Arendt and Karl Jaspers : "The few cannot be too few" - On the "spirit of ... philosophy; Arendt, H.; Jaspers, K.; Nazism; politics; ideology; National Socialist German Workers' Party; anti-facism; ...
National socialism Archives - Blacksun Sole NeroTags: Cathars, Crusade Against the Grail, Esoteric Hitlerism, Graal, Grail, Lucifer's Court, National socialism, Occult, Otto ... Tags: Book, Book of the Resurrection, Esoteric Hitlerism, esoterism, Miguel Serrano, National socialism, Nos, Occult ... Tags: Carl Gustav Jung, English, Esoteric Hitlerist, Esotericism, Interview, Lucifer, Miguel Serrano, National socialism, ...
Literary Encyclopedia | German Resistance to National Socialism [Nazism]1543 German Resistance to National Socialism [Nazism] 2 Historical context notes are intended to give basic and preliminary ... "German Resistance to National Socialism [Nazism]". The Literary Encyclopedia. First published 06 May 2005. [https://www. ...
The Audacity of Hype: John Key and the new National Socialism • Speaker • Public AddressSpeaker: The Audacity of Hype: John Key and the new National Socialism. Subscribe by Email RSS ... Much of National's support derives from anger at Labour, not support for National. For the past two years various right wing ... Much of National's support derives from anger at Labour, not support for National. For the past two years various right wing ... It's become a spooge rag for the National Party, with the sternest remark aimed at the National Party being Jane Clifton's ...
National Socialism - ConservapediaWhat is National Socialism? (yesterday.uktv.co.uk/warzone/world-war-two/nazi-germany/article/what-national-socialism) ... National Socialism is related to socialism in which the basic core is a control of people, property, and income by a ... National Socialism is revolutionary in nature and without end. National identity and nationalist ideology have been blended ... National Socialism (Nazism) is a totalitarian system originally created in Germany immediately following World War I, and ...
ConservativeHome's ToryDiary: Promoting National SocialismPromoting National Socialism. Guido Fawkes has noted that on the day No.10 confirms the appointment of their new web guru, they ... Of course it was national SOCIALISM, so I'm not sure if the current Labour party really counts.... ...
Political Iatrogenics-Why Socialism Doesn't Work | National Economics EditorialThis article explains how socialism (and other interventionist ideologies) doesn't work because it is predicated on meddling ... HomeHistoryPolitical Iatrogenics-Why Socialism Doesn't Work. Political Iatrogenics-Why Socialism Doesn't Work. June 20, 2017 ... Socialism As Political Iatrogenics. Socialism is predicated on action.. When socialists see problems, they want to do something ... This explains why socialism has a terrible track record: socialism is all about trying to fix problems by creating new ...
National socialism Bills - GovTrack.usNational socialism-related bills in the U.S. Congress. ... National socialism. Use this page to browse bills in the U.S. ... Congress related to the subject National socialism, as determined by the Library of Congress. ...
Readings on Fascism and National Socialism eBookMore summaries and resources for teaching or studying Readings on Fascism and National Socialism. ... from the Gutenberg Project consists of approximately 153 pages of information about Readings on Fascism and National Socialism. ... transgressed the law of the old regime because it was determined to suppress that regime as incompatible with the national ...
National Socialism | Definition of National Socialism by Merriam-WebsterLearn More about national socialism. * Britannica.com: Encyclopedia article about national socialism ... What made you want to look up national socialism? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible). ...
1934-Racial Hygiene / National Socialism / Germany / 1934 - 1936 ~ Hi Res #77905856National Socialism / Germany / 1934 - 1936. 00:00:13 . From $99. Royalty free. Download now on Pond5 ,,, ...
Alois Hudal - Wikipedia... even before he wrote the Foundations of National Socialism Hudal had said about Rosenberg: "If National Socialism wants to ... "Good" and "bad" National Socialism. Hudal is said to have received a Golden Nazi Party membership badge, but this is ... In his 1937 book, The Foundations of National Socialism, Hudal praised Adolf Hitler and his policies and indirectly attacked ... In 1937, in Vienna, Hudal published a book entitled The Foundations of National Socialism, with an imprimatur from Archbishop ...
Oxford University Gazette, 14 January 1999: Lectures... and National Socialism. The idea of the German university and the impact of National Socialism, 1920 60.'. DR M. RÖSSLER, ... National Socialism and the sciences in the Third Reich The following seminars will be held at 5 p.m. on Fridays in the European ... 29 Jan.: `Geography and area planning during National Socialism.'. PROFESSOR H. TRISCHLER, Deutsches Museum, Munich 5 Feb.: ` ... A. AGER, National Institute for Medical Research, Mill Hill 23 Feb.: `Regulation of lymphocyte and Langerhans cell migration.' ...
JustOneMinute: A Little Bit On The Holocaust Memorial ShooterWell of course nazis being 'National Socialists' are lefties too, the left just does not seem to want to claim them. ... The freepers also dug up some stuff where he supported socialism, just like the original Nazis. ...
The New American | Foreign PolicyTrump also issued a scathing condemnation of communism and socialism, saying the "ideologies" resulted in cruelty and suffering ... regimes that attack national sovereignty, the erosion of patriotism, and more. ...
Mass suicides in 1945 Nazi Germany: Mass suicides in 1945 Nazi Germany among civilians, government officials and military personnel alike occurred with unusual frequency during the final weeks of Nazi Germany and the end of World War II in Europe for numerous reasons. These include the influence of Nazi propaganda, reaction to the suicide of Adolf Hitler, loyalty to the tenets of the Nazi Party, the nation's impending defeat in war, the anticipated Allied occupation of Nazi Germany, and fears of harsh treatment at the hands of military personnel both from the Western armies and the Soviet army.Eugenics in the United States: Eugenics, the set of beliefs and practices which aims at improving the genetic quality of the human population played a significant role in the history and culture of the United States prior to its involvement in World War II.Johannes Alanus: Johannes Alanus (fl. late 14th or early 15th century) was an English composer.Danane concentration camp: The Danane concentration camp was an Italian concentration camp established near Mogadishu in Italian East Africa after the Second Italo-Ethiopian War.Michael R.Autogenic inhibition reflex: Autogenic inhibition reflex is a sudden relaxation of muscle upon development of high tension. It is a self-induced, inhibitory, negative feedback lengthening reaction that protects against muscle tear.Alexander Anderson (English socialist): Alexander Anderson (c. 1878–1926) was a British socialist who helped found the Socialist Party of Great Britain.
(1/45) Can we learn from eugenics?
Eugenics casts a long shadow over contemporary genetics. Any measure, whether in clinical genetics or biotechnology, which is suspected of eugenic intent is likely to be opposed on that ground. Yet there is little consensus on what this word signifies, and often only a remote connection to the very complex set of social movements which took that name. After a brief historical summary of eugenics, this essay attempts to locate any wrongs inherent in eugenic doctrines. Four candidates are examined and rejected. The moral challenge posed by eugenics for genetics in our own time, I argue, is to achieve social justice. (+info)
(2/45) Proceedings of the International Symposium on Torture and the Medical Profession.
... The main topic of this publication is the involvement of professional medical doctors in the course of torture in, generally speaking, the following ways: 1. Medical scientific knowledge and experience is used in the design of the methods and techniques of torture, for example pharmacological torture; 2. Doctors teach the torturers/perpetrators regarding the practical application of these methods; 3. Doctors actively participate in carrying out torture and in executions in relation to the death penalty; 4. Doctors are present -- "passive" -- during the implementation of torture (in more than sixty per cent of cases) for example monitoring the clinical condition of the victim in order to prevent death; are present when the death sentence is carried out, and then write out death certificates. Many of these are later shown by forensic documentation to be false.... This supplement is based on an international symposium, Torture and the Medical Profession, which was held at the University of Tromso in June 1990.... (+info)
(3/45) Nuremberg and Tuskegee: lessons for contemporary American medicine.
The activities of German doctors during the Nazi regime are well known and documented. They include efforts at eugenic sterilization and euthanasia, gruesome medical experimentation, and contributions to genocide. The German medical profession embraced the Nazi ideology of racial superiority. Nazi doctors enthusiastically perverted traditional medical mores of viewing each patient as a full individual towards a misguided sense of protecting the racial well-being of the nation from the perceived threat of certain groups of people. Similarly, some 20th-century American physicians engaged in activities prompted by a misguided sense of patients' worth as individuals. This essay will examine the ethical problems of Nazi medicine and ethical missteps in the United States in the context of challenges for contemporary physicians, particularly the way in which we refer to our patients. (+info)
(4/45) Huntington disease and the abuse of genetics.
Huntington disease, one of the longest established and most serious human genetic disorders, has been the subject of considerable abuse during the present century in relation to the application of genetic knowledge, most notably in Nazi Germany but also in other countries. This disorder provides a valuable example of how abuses in the past need to be recognized and confronted, if we are to avoid their recurrence in relation to new molecular and computing techniques in genetics. (+info)
(5/45) Origin of corpses received by the anatomical institute at the University of Jena during the Nazi regime.
During the Nazi regime (1933-1945), the anatomical institute at the University of Jena received 2,224 corpses, of which approximately 200 originated from executions. The available data clearly suggest that a large portion of these 200 executed persons must be considered victims of Nazi crimes. Approximately an equal number of bodies were delivered from state nursing homes and mental institutions in the state of Thuringia during the same time period. The available data suggest that it is highly likely that many of them were victims of decentralized "euthanasia" programs. The remains of many prisoners of nearby labor camps, mostly from Eastern Europe, are listed in the body register at the institute as well. A group of anatomists and historians has investigated the institute's association with Nazi crimes. Apart from documenting the association, the aim of the investigation is to clarify the whereabouts of the corpses. In particular, it must be ascertained that none of the specimens publicly displayed in the anatomical collection of the Friedrich Schiller University originated in the context of Nazi crimes. (+info)
(6/45) Human dignity in the Nazi era: implications for contemporary bioethics.
BACKGROUND: The justification for Nazi programs involving involuntary euthanasia, forced sterilisation, eugenics and human experimentation were strongly influenced by views about human dignity. The historical development of these views should be examined today because discussions of human worth and value are integral to medical ethics and bioethics. We should learn lessons from how human dignity came to be so distorted to avoid repetition of similar distortions. DISCUSSION: Social Darwinism was foremost amongst the philosophies impacting views of human dignity in the decades leading up to Nazi power in Germany. Charles Darwin's evolutionary theory was quickly applied to human beings and social structure. The term 'survival of the fittest' was coined and seen to be applicable to humans. Belief in the inherent dignity of all humans was rejected by social Darwinists. Influential authors of the day proclaimed that an individual's worth and value were to be determined functionally and materialistically. The popularity of such views ideologically prepared German doctors and nurses to accept Nazi social policies promoting survival of only the fittest humans.A historical survey reveals five general presuppositions that strongly impacted medical ethics in the Nazi era. These same five beliefs are being promoted in different ways in contemporary bioethical discourse. Ethical controversies surrounding human embryos revolve around determinations of their moral status. Economic pressures force individuals and societies to examine whether some people's lives are no longer worth living. Human dignity is again being seen as a relative trait found in certain humans, not something inherent. These views strongly impact what is taken to be acceptable within medical ethics. SUMMARY: Five beliefs central to social Darwinism will be examined in light of their influence on current discussions in medical ethics and bioethics. Acceptance of these during the Nazi era proved destructive to many humans. Their widespread acceptance today would similarly lead to much human death and suffering. A different ethic is needed which views human dignity as inherent to all human individuals. (+info)
(7/45) Flashbulb memories and posttraumatic stress reactions across the life span: age-related effects of the German occupation of Denmark during World War II.
A representative sample of older Danes were interviewed about experiences from the German occupation of Denmark in World War II. The number of participants with flashbulb memories for the German invasion (1940) and capitulation (1945) increased with participants' age at the time of the events up to age 8. Among participants under 8 years at the time of their most traumatic event, age at the time correlated positively with the current level of posttraumatic stress reactions and the vividness of stressful memories and their centrality to life story and identity. These findings were replicated in Study 2 for self-nominated stressful events sampled from the entire life span using a representative sample of Danes born after 1945. The results are discussed in relation to posttraumatic stress disorder and childhood amnesia. (+info)
(8/45) Jewish pediatricians in Nazi Germany: victims of persecution.
The plight and fate of German Jewish pediatricians during the Nazi period in Europe has not received much attention, yet the narratives of the victims still resonate today and they deserve to be remembered. The stories of two women serve as examples of the fateful turns taken by the lives of many German Jewish pediatricians between 1933 and 1945. The two women, Dr. Luci Adelsberger and Dr. Lilli Jahn, illustrate both the ordeals endured and the disparate ways the Nazi policies ultimately spared or ended lives. (+info)
Differences Between Socialism and National Socialism
- There are numerous differences between socialism and National Socialism. (differencebetween.net)
- Nazism, in short, is simply one of several varieties of socialism . (conservapedia.com)
- 1543 German Resistance to National Socialism [Nazism] 2 Historical context notes are intended to give basic and preliminary information on a topic. (litencyc.com)
- The German philosopher, Karl Marx, asserted that socialism would address the unequal distribution of wealth in all the nations where it was adopted (Holian, 2011). (differencebetween.net)
- While aspects of National Socialism such as the importance of maintaining the Übermensch , or race of supermen, were first embraced by 18th and 19th German leaders, this political ideology only became the German state's official ideology after World War One (Holian, 2011). (differencebetween.net)
- Even though there are numerous parties that champion National Socialism in many European nations today, this political ideology was not originally created to meet the needs of people outside the German state. (differencebetween.net)
- In contrast, socialism emerged as a political ideology that would challenge capitalism by championing the distribution of national wealth to all classes of society. (differencebetween.net)
- He wrote of Scottish voters: "A majority of them flung themselves into the arms of a party the ideology of which is modern national socialism light. (deadlinenews.co.uk)
- To have left-leaning ideology within a national context. (deadlinenews.co.uk)
- But isn't National Socialism (ie 'Nazi') just a nationalized form of Socialism? (stormfront.org)
- In Nazi Germany which embraced National Socialism, the superior abilities of Aryan citizens were exalted in an effort to appeal to individual pride. (differencebetween.net)
- This didn't take place during the national socialist era. (stormfront.org)
- Adolph Hitler, who was the leader of the National Socialist German Workers' Party, used National Socialism to bring Germans across the nation under his leadership. (differencebetween.net)
- However, by focusing on East German cinematic engagements with National Socialist racial persecution, I seek to challenge the assertion that films depicting Jewish victimhood were unwelcome or even taboo in the German Democratic Republic. (bl.uk)
- In this atmosphere was born the National Socialist German Worker's Party, or by its German initials the NSDAP. (wordpress.com)
- The "utopian" national socialism - a mutual dispute in the philosophy of Martin Heidegger and Carl Friedrich von Weizsäcker? (nih.gov)
- A thorough reconstruction of the lifelong connection that Weizsäcker maintained with Martin Heidegger and Heidegger's philosophy gives the answer: the young Weizsäcker was fired up by the "utopian" National Socialism with which Heidegger trumped the real existing. (nih.gov)
- Socialism advocates for the equal distribution of wealth across all social classes, while National Socialism is more focused on building pride in the special abilities of the Aryan race, rather than solving the long-standing problem of inequality. (differencebetween.net)
- According to Eccleshall (1994), the word socialism actually means common ownership, and the aim of socialists is to equally distribute the world's resources among all its peoples. (differencebetween.net)
- Willi Graf was a twenty-five year old medical student at Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich who was executed by the National Socialists (Nazis) on October 12, 1943, for high treason. (bepress.com)
- Use this page to browse bills in the U.S. Congress related to the subject National socialism, as determined by the Library of Congress. (govtrack.us)
- Even though they sound almost similar, socialism and National Socialism are different political ideologies that first emerged in the 19th century. (differencebetween.net)
- National Socialism and socialism are two different political ideologies that first emerged in the 18th and 19th centuries respectively. (differencebetween.net)
- Everywhere I go in the SF community, I see 'Goodnight Left Side' and 'Anti-socialism' posts everywhere. (stormfront.org)
- The German and Russian systems of socialism have in common the fact that the big government has full control of the means of production . (conservapedia.com)
- National Socialism was originally meant to build on the special identity of all ethnic German citizens. (differencebetween.net)
- This interpretative framework undoubtedly resulted in the marginalisation of the fate of Jews under National Socialism in East German historiography and memories of the past. (bl.uk)
- I say national socialism, and in the lower case, national socialism light, a modern form of national socialism light. (deadlinenews.co.uk)
- In contrast, socialism encourages public participation in national projects by stressing on the importance of belonging to a collective, rather than operating on individual strength. (differencebetween.net)
- For there to be socialism, there must be worker ownership over the means of production. (stormfront.org)
- Of course it was national SOCIALISM, so I'm not sure if the current Labour party really counts. (blogs.com)
- It's become a spooge rag for the National Party, with the sternest remark aimed at the National Party being Jane Clifton's recurring 'if only they were better able to capitalize on the failures, weakness, and craven excesses of the Labour Party, to show the voters the glorious strength and nobility that the Nats have in them! (publicaddress.net)
- National Socialism is related to socialism in which the basic core is a control of people, property, and income by a centralized government. (conservapedia.com)
- While socialism prevents class wars by asserting that no social class of people is more deserving than the other, National Socialism makes use of corporatism to bring together workers and entrepreneurs (Bel, 2006). (differencebetween.net)
- In nations that embrace socialism , workers are perceived as the real owners of production processes (Eccleshall, 1994). (differencebetween.net)
- More summaries and resources for teaching or studying Readings on Fascism and National Socialism . (bookrags.com)
- By giving workers the rights to national resources, socialism capitalizes on use value , rather than exchange value (Eccleshall, 1994). (differencebetween.net)
- National Socialism permits the private ownership of national resources and production processes. (differencebetween.net)
- In its first period, Fascist "squadrism" transgressed the law of the old regime because it was determined to suppress that regime as incompatible with the national State to which Fascism was aspiring. (bookrags.com)
- In nations that embraced National Socialism and socialism, citizens were expected to contribute to state projects on a daily basis. (differencebetween.net)