Mineral Waters: Water naturally or artificially infused with mineral salts or gases.Minerals: Native, inorganic or fossilized organic substances having a definite chemical composition and formed by inorganic reactions. They may occur as individual crystals or may be disseminated in some other mineral or rock. (Grant & Hackh's Chemical Dictionary, 5th ed; McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)Carbonates: Salts or ions of the theoretical carbonic acid, containing the radical CO2(3-). Carbonates are readily decomposed by acids. The carbonates of the alkali metals are water-soluble; all others are insoluble. (From Grant & Hackh's Chemical Dictionary, 5th ed)Hepatitis A Antigens: Antigens produced by various strains of HEPATITIS A VIRUS such as the human hepatitis A virus (HEPATITIS A VIRUS, HUMAN).Water: A clear, odorless, tasteless liquid that is essential for most animal and plant life and is an excellent solvent for many substances. The chemical formula is hydrogen oxide (H2O). (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)Food Packaging: Containers, packaging, and packaging materials for processed and raw foods and beverages. It includes packaging intended to be used for storage and also used for preparation of foods such as microwave food containers versus COOKING AND EATING UTENSILS. Packaging materials may be intended for food contact or designated non-contact, for example, shipping containers. FOOD LABELING is also available.Balneology: Therapy by various hot or warm baths in natural mineral waters, spas, or "cures". It includes not only bathing in, but also drinking the waters, but it does not include whirlpool baths (HYDROTHERAPY).Water Supply: Means or process of supplying water (as for a community) usually including reservoirs, tunnels, and pipelines and often the watershed from which the water is ultimately drawn. (Webster, 3d ed)
Hildon mineral water gently spark - WaitroseBuy Hildon mineral water gently spark online from Waitrose today. Free delivery - T&Cs apply ...
waitrose.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductView-10317-10001-89102-Hildon mineral water gently spark.html?storeId=10317
Brecon Carreg mineral sparkling water - WaitroseBuy Brecon Carreg mineral sparkling water online from Waitrose today. Free delivery - T&Cs apply ...
waitrose.com/shop/ProductView-10317-10001-29108-Brecon Carreg mineral sparkling water
BRIEF-Gulfa Mineral Water and Processing Industries recommends FY dividend | ReutersMarch 16 (Reuters) - Gulfa Mineral Water and Processing Industries Co * Board recommends cash dividend of 4 percent for year ...
Natural Mineral Water Facial Spray | Ulta BeautyEvian's Natural Mineral Facial Spray is a convenient 5 oz canister. Perfect for your purse, gym bag, and car. Evian relieves ... Evian also removes harmful ocean water, pool water chlorine, and perspiration salt. Evian water contains very few mineral salts ... Evian also removes harmful ocean water, pool water chlorine, and perspiration salt. Evian water contains very few mineral salts ... Comments about Evian Mineral Spray Natural Mineral Water Facial Spray:. I use this at least once a day, It makes my face super ...
Perrier Mineral Water - 1L | London Drugs... www.londondrugs.com/perrier-mineral-water---1l/L5778337.html Our Price ...
Vytautas Mineral Water Ad Is The Weirdest Commercial For Water You've Ever Seen (VIDEO) | HuffPost... the water for 'men who can handle the raw awesomeness o... ... words after watching this ad for Lithuanian Vytautas mineral ... Vytautas Mineral Water Weird Mineral Water Ad Lithuanian Mineral Water Mineral Water Ad Lithuanian Water ... Vytautas Mineral Water Ad Is The Weirdest Commercial For Water You've Ever Seen (VIDEO). ... We're really struggling for words after watching this ad for Lithuanian Vytautas mineral water -- the water for "men who can ...
AHAVA Deadsea Water Mineral Hand Cream Duo - 7175699 | HSNShop AHAVA Deadsea Water Mineral Hand Cream Duo 7175699, read customer reviews and more at HSN.com. ... Do something for them with this luxurious, mineral-rich hand cream.. What You Get. *(2) 3.4 fl. oz. Deadsea Water Mineral Hand ... AHAVA Deadsea Water Mineral Hand Cream Duo. Your hands tell a story. What do they say about you? Are they hardworking and ... Korres Water Lily Blossom Hand Cream Duo Korres Water Lily Blossom Hand Cream Duo Indulge yourself with these fragrant hand ...
Levels of natural radioactivity in mineral and thermal waters of Bosnia and Herzegovina : NukleonikaKeywords: gamma spectrometry; natural radioactivity; mineral water; thermal water; groundwater uranium; radium ... Thermal and mineral waters in Bosnia and Herzegovina as well as the potential for tourism development. Int. J. Water Res., 1(1 ... 1 for thermal water and in the range 0.11-38.8 μSv·y−1 for mineral water. Measurement of activity concentrations of natural ... Saqan, S. A., Kullab, M. K., & Ismail, A. M. (2001). Radionuclides in hot mineral spring waters in Jordan. J. Environ. Radioact ...
Mineral water equipment Manufacturers & Suppliers, China mineral water equipment Manufacturers & FactoriesChina mineral water equipment manufacturer & factory list, find qualified Chinese mineral water equipment manufacturers, ... RO Water Bottle Water Bottle Mineral Water Machine Mineral Water Filling Machine Price Water Pouch Packing Machine Price Water ... RO Water Bottle Water Bottle Mineral Water Machine Mineral Water Filling Machine Price Water Pouch Packing Machine Price Water ... Water Equipment Factory Mineral Water Factory Filling Machine Water Packaging Equipment Mineral Water Machinery Mineral Water ...
Definition of Mineral waterFind out about Mineral water and what drinks you can make with it in the Drink Dictionary at Bar None ... Mineral water. Natural spring water that can be still or sparkling. Contains lots of minerals. ... Home , Tips , Dictionary , M - Mineral water # , A , B , C , D , E , F , G , H , I , J , K , L , M , N , O , P , Q , R , S , T ...
Bottled Mineral Water Manufacturer,Bottled Mineral Water Supplier,Mumbai,IndiaJ. M. INDUSTRIES - Manufacturer, Supplier of high quality Bottled Mineral Water, Packaged Drinking Water, Mineral Water based in Mumbai, India
Madly in Love: Design Mineral WaterPernah terjumpa, ternampak atau pun pernah dapat mineral water yang sudah dipersonalized? wah,,,everytime kalau saya pergi kenduri kahwin orang.....selalu terkecil hati kalau tengok bride tu buat design sendiri mineral water ...
Front Elevation of the Bath Mineral Water Hospital, Bath 1859 by 15038 at Bath in TimeFront Elevation of the Bath Mineral Water Hospital, Bath 1859 by 15038. Museum quality art prints and canvases with a selection of frame and size options. Bath in Time, Images of Bath online
Old Bond Street and the Royal Mineral Water Hospital, Bath 1966 by 17704 at Bath in TimeOld Bond Street and the Royal Mineral Water Hospital, Bath 1966 by 17704. Museum quality art prints and canvases with a selection of frame and size options. Bath in Time, Images of Bath online
Evian Mineral Water: 'ROLLERBABIES' Promo / PR Ad by BETC Euro Rscg ParisThe Promo / PR Ad titled ROLLERBABIES was done by BETC Euro Rscg Paris advertising agency for product: Evian Mineral Water (brand: Evian) in France. It was released in Jun 2009.
China Mechanical Filter for Water Treatment - China Water Processing Plant, Mineral Water MachineChina Mechanical Filter for Water Treatment, Find details about China Water Processing Plant, Mineral Water Machine from Mechanical Filter for Water Treatment - Zhangjiagang City Hongfa Machinery Co., Ltd.
Qadri Trading - bottled mineral water,bottled ro waterQadri Trading, Experts in Manufacturing and Exporting bottled mineral water,bottled ro water and 2 more Products. A Supplier on Alibaba.com.
Mineral water washing filling cappingFeatured products video titled Mineral water washing filling capping highlight hot products to import from verified manufacturers & suppliers.
PELICAN MINERAL WATERS CC - Mineral Water Manufacturers & Suppliers - Approved LocalStrict Standards: Non-static method Registry::getInstance() should not be called statically in /home/alocalza/public_html/defaults_setup.php on line 198 ...
Kerry Mineral Water Supply Co. Ltd - Irish Company Info - SoloCheckFor reliable company reports for Kerry Mineral Water Supply Co. Limited in the Manufacturing Industry visit SoloCheck - One of Ireland's most trusted company information websites
A geochemical traverse across the Eastern Carpathians (Romania): constraints on the origin and evolution of the mineral water...Autori: Vaselli O., Minissale A., Tassi F., Magro G., Seghedi I., Ioane D., Szakács A. Editorial: Elsevier, Chemical Geology, 182, 2-4, p.637-654, 2002.. Rezumat:. The inner sector of the Eastern Carpathians displays a large number of Na-HCO3, CO2-rich, meteoric-originated cold springs (soda springs) and bore wells, as well as dry mofettes. They border the southern part of the Pliocene-Quaternary Calimani-Gurghiu-Harghita (CGH) calc-alkaline volcanic chain. Both volcanic rocks and CO2-rich emissions are situated between the eastern part of the Transylvanian Basin and the main east Carpathian Range, where active compression tectonics caused diapiric intrusions of Miocene halite deposits and associated saline, CO2-rich waters along active faults. The regional patterns of the distribution of CO2 in spring waters (as calculated pCO2) and the distribution pattern of the 3He/4He ratio in the free gas phases (up to 4.5 Rm/Ra) show their maximum values in coincidence with both the ...
Study of the presence of geosmin in bottled mineral water by CLSA and GC-MSEl consumidor evalúa la calidad del agua a través de sus propiedades organolépticas, de entre las cuales el gusto y el olor son las más importantes. La geosmina es uno de los compuestos que ha generado más episodios de gusto y olor en el agua de bebida aportando un olor descrito como "tierra mojada". En este estudio se han analizado muestras de agua embotellada que presentaban el citado mal olor y se ha detectado la presencia de geosmina en concentraciones por encima de su umbral de percepción. La extracción y concentración de la geosmina se realizó mediante CLSA (closed loop stripping analysis) mientras que su detección y cuantificación se llevaron a cabo mediante cromatografía de gases acoplada a espectrometría de masas (GC-MS). Se han descrito numerosos casos donde se ha detectado la presencia de la geosmina, incluso en agua potable, pero según la bibliografía consultada, este es el primer estudio en que se detecta en agua mineral ...
Carbon Canyon Chronicle: Carbon Canyon Historical Artifact #42: La Vida Mineral Water Bottle OpenerThis is about 1 p.m. on Saturday, 15 November, some four hours after the fire started near the 91 and 71 freeways. High winds pushed the fire northwest through Yorba Linda. When I went to my local fire station, the fire was not heading towards Carbon Canyon, but that all changed with the winds died down by evening. Early Sunday morning the 16th, the Canyon was in the line of fire! ...
Chamber News and Events | Marlin Texas Chamber of Commerce | Mineral Water City of Texas | Page 6Strong school spirit makes for exciting Friday night light action as the Marlin Bulldogs defend their multiple district wins. The Palace Theatre is a community playhouse featuring plays and dinner theaters throughout the year. The Marlin County Club plays host to Texas' longest running two-man low-ball tournament. Marlin's new public library features a collection of nearly 15,000 books, 8 public use computers with high speed internet and email access, a children's room and computer classroom. There are many community events that happen throughout the year in Marlin; The Wood Street Blues Festival, Markets on Main Street, Christmas and Home Coming Parades, Old Homes Tour and the Historic Churches Tour all provide many options for family fun.. ...
Health Benefits Of Mineral Water | craigbrewer.infoHydrogen rich water is among the latest discoveries in the different medication. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, an ideal time to be taught more in
Massive Mineral water supply by factory ships for crisis management | DIHADOCEAN FRESH WATER. Summary. By offering the capacity to project its mobile bottling plants on board factory ships anywhere in the world, OCEAN FRESH WATER provides a responsive solution for drinking water needs in crisis management or contingency planning.. ...
Yale supplies LPG-powered Veracitor GLP20VX forklift trucks to Greencore Mineral Water - MHW MagazineExcellent Yale Service. The Warehouse Manager at Greencore in Lennoxtown, Jamie McNair said: 'We are handling over 300 pallets per shift, so forklift reliability and productivity was very important in our decision to continue working with Yale. The new Veracitor VX forklift trucks have proved very successful and are ideal for working in both our raw materials store and the new drive-in racking warehouse.'. Mr McNair concluded: 'Consumption of bottled water in the UK is estimated at only a quarter of the bottled water consumed in Continental Europe, making this a business with significant growth potential, which we are well placed to meet with the assistance of suppliers like Yale.'. Excellent Example of Efficiency. Yale UK's Regional Manager with responsibility for Scotland Dave Reaney said: 'The Greencore plant at Lennoxtown is an excellent example of efficiency, where we have a thorough understanding of the operation and their materials handling requirements. By working closely with Greencore ...
Road Traffic Accident - Water Cooler - SpiceworksI had to ring an IT colleague at an office 1000 yards away today. 'I need to borrow your mobile phone' 'Why?' 'That dodgy g... | 14 replies | Water Cooler
Drinking at work: The new water cooler? [Video]Some companies are providing beer to workers during office hours, so will the keg replace the water cooler at the workplace? Nikki Waller, management and careers editor at The Wall Street Journal, talks to the 'CBS This Morning: Saturday' co-hosts about this new trend.
Desert Hot Springs Becomes Relocation MagnetPeople have been flocking to Desert Hot Springs for decades to hike in the foothills and soak in the therapeutic mineral waters at one of its many spas.
3/4 Of Americans Are Obese! So Drink Water, Bottled Or Tap... Bottled Water Matters is the official voice of the bottled water companies, formed by the IBWA. Give bottled water consumers a voice to share their ideas about bottled water facts, types of bottled water, mineral water brands, bottled water, water bottle labels
Carbonated water - Social GoodCarbonated water seems like a great alternative for people who do not like the taste of water, but who want to stay hydrated throughout the day.. But is the bubbly beverage just as good for your body as the stuff that comes out of the faucet?. Basically, yes. "Sparkling water can be just as hydrating as regular water," according to Jennifer McDaniel, a registered dietitian and certified specialist in sports dietetics.. Carbonated or sparkling water is made by dissolving carbon dioxide in water. This process just adds bubbles - it does not add sugar, calories, or caffeine. Tonic water, club soda, and mineral water are all types of carbonated water, but these have added sodium, vitamins, or sweeteners, so it is important to read the label.. There are some common health concerns associated with drinking carbonated water - for instance, that it leaches calcium from the bones, causes kidney stones, and strips the enamel from your teeth - but these are not supported by clinical research.. "In ...
GastritisIf this is the most common variant with high acidity, you need regular fractional (4-5 times / day) meals at certain hours with the exception of products that stimulate the secretion of acid. Such products are, for example, nourishing meat, fish and mushroom broth. They should be replaced meatless soups or milk that neutralize excess acid. Alcohol, strong coffee and tea also stimulate the production of acid and digestive enzymes. But the sweet fruit juices, non-carbonated mineral water bicarbonate, cocoa and all kinds of jelly very well "quenched" symptoms. In addition, you have to give up foods irritate the stomach lining - from the acute, smoked, marinated and grilled ...
Not Your Usual Marketing Tips: November 2007According to the website Color Wheel Pro, "Blue is the color of the sky and sea. It is often associated with depth and stability. It symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven. Blue is considered beneficial to the mind and body. It slows human metabolism and produces a calming effect. Blue is strongly associated with tranquility and calmness. In heraldry, blue is used to symbolize piety and sincerity. You can use blue to promote products and services related to cleanliness (water purification filters, cleaning liquids, vodka), air and sky (airlines, airports, air conditioners), water and sea (sea voyages, mineral water). As opposed to emotionally warm colors like red, orange, and yellow; blue is linked to consciousness and intellect. Use blue to suggest precision when promoting high-tech products. Blue is a masculine color; highly accepted among males. Dark blue is associated with depth, expertise, and stability; it is a preferred color for ...
Damavand Mineral Water Co.List of minerals (complete): Mineralogy is an active science in which minerals are discovered or recognised on a regular basis. Use of old mineral names is also discontinued, for example when a name is no longer considered valid.Natron: Natron is a naturally occurring mixture of sodium carbonate decahydrate (Na2CO3·10H2O, a kind of soda ash) and about 17% sodium bicarbonate (also called baking soda, NaHCO3) along with small quantities of sodium chloride and sodium sulfate. Natron is white to colourless when pure, varying to gray or yellow with impurities.Outline of water: The following outline is provided as an overview of and topical guide to water:Self-heating food packaging: Self-heating food packaging (SHFP) is active packaging with the ability to heat food contents without external heat sources or power. Packets typically use an exothermic chemical reaction.Balneotherapy: Balneotherapy ( "bath") is the treatment of disease by bathing, usually practiced at spas. While it is considered distinct from hydrotherapy, there are some overlaps in practice and in underlying principles.Public water system
(1/68) Pseudomonas gessardii sp. nov. and Pseudomonas migulae sp. nov., two new species isolated from natural mineral waters.
Twenty-five non-identified fluorescent Pseudomonas strains isolated from natural mineral waters were previously clustered into three phenotypic subclusters, XIIIb, XVa and XVc. These strains were characterized genotypically in the present study. DNA-DNA hybridization results and DNA base composition analysis revealed that these strains were members of two new species, for which the names Pseudomonas gessardii sp. nov. (type strain CIP 105469T) and Pseudomonas migulae sp. nov. (type strain CIP 105470T) are proposed. P. gessardii included 13 strains from phenotypic subclusters XVa and XVc. P. migulae included 10 strains from phenotypic subcluster XIIIb. The levels of DNA-DNA relatedness ranged from 71 to 100% for P. gessardii and from 74 to 100% for P. migulae. The G + C content of the DNA of each type strain was 58 mol%. DNA similarity levels, measured with 67 reference strains of Pseudomonas species, were below 55%, with delta Tm values of 13 degrees C or more. The two new species presented basic morphological characteristics common to all pseudomonads. Various phenotypic features were found to differentiate them: P. gessardii strains utilized L-arabitol, myo-inositol, adonitol, xylitol and meso-erythritol as carbon sources, whereas P. migulae strains assimilated L-arabinose, D-xylose, D-saccharate, meso-tartrate, tricarballylate, D-glucuronate, D-galacturonate, phenylacetate and histamine. The complete 16S rRNA sequences of each type strain were determined and compared with those of the type strains of Pseudomonas species. Finally, a phylogenetic tree was inferred from sequence analysis and demonstrated that the two new species fell into the 'Pseudomonas fluorescens intrageneric cluster'. To date, their clinical significance is unknown. (+info)
(2/68) Effect of beer consumption on plasma magnesium: randomized comparison with mineral water.
Moderate consumption of ethanol lowers mortality from coronary artery disease, and one of the possible mechanisms is an antiarrhythmic action. We therefore investigated the effect of a small daily dose of beer on plasma electrolytes. 52 men who seldom drank alcohol, clinically stable more than one year after coronary bypass surgery, were randomized to drink either 330 mL beer (containing about 20 g ethanol) or mineral water with similar potassium, magnesium, calcium and sodium content daily for 30 days. Plasma electrolytes and liver function indices, and also heart rate, blood pressure and weight, were measured before and after the trial period. The only significant before-and-after difference was in the group consuming beer, whose plasma magnesium rose from 0.89 (SD 0.01) to 0.98 (SD 0.02) mmol/L (P < 0.0025). This level of beer consumption did no obvious harm to liver function and its possibly beneficial effect on plasma magnesium deserves further investigation. (+info)
(3/68) Mineral water as a source of dietary calcium: acute effects on parathyroid function and bone resorption in young men.
BACKGROUND: Calcium is a major component of mineralized tissues and is required for normal growth and maintenance of bone. Epidemiologic studies showed that a large percentage of the population fails to meet the currently recommended guidelines for optimal calcium intake. OBJECTIVE: The present study was designed to determine whether high-calcium mineral water is an efficient additional source of dietary calcium. DESIGN: Twelve healthy young men (mean +/- SD age: 21.1 +/- 1.2 y) ingested in a randomized order either 0.5 L of a mineral water containing 344 mg Ca/L or 0.5 L of a mineral water with a very low concentration of calcium (<10 mg/L) as a control. Blood samples were drawn before and 1, 2, 3, and 4 h after intake of the water. Urine was collected for 2 h before and every 2 h for 4 h after ingestion of the water. Serum concentrations of intact parathyroid hormone (iPTH) and serum concentrations and urinary excretion of a recently developed biochemical marker of bone resorption, type 1 collagen cross-linked C-telopeptide (CTx), were measured. RESULTS: Serum iPTH was significantly (P < 0.002) lower after ingestion of high-calcium water than after ingestion of the control. There was a significant (P = 0.01) progressive decrease in urinary CTx after ingestion of the high-calcium water, whereas after ingestion of low-calcium water the changes were modest and not significant. The fall in serum CTx concentrations was 34.7% 3 h after ingestion of high-calcium water, compared with 17.6% with the control. The decreases in serum CTx concentrations were significantly (P < 0.05) lower 1, 2, 3, and 4 h after ingestion of high-calcium water than after ingestion of the control. CONCLUSION: The present study showed that one oral intake of water containing a very moderate dose of calcium (172 mg) acutely inhibited iPTH secretion and bone resorption. (+info)
(4/68) Survey of bottled drinking water available in Manitoba, Canada.
Forty domestic and imported brands of bottled water were purchased in Manitoba, Canada and examined for total dissolved solids (TDS), chloride, sulfate, nitrate-nitrogen, cadmium, lead, copper, and radioactivity. The samples showed great variation in quality, and some exceeded the Canadian Water Quality Guidelines for drinking water for TDS, chloride, and lead. Carbonation, ozonation, and type of packaging were not associated with differences in metal levels, although carbonated samples tended to show higher TDS values. A number of deficiencies were found with respect to product labeling. (+info)
(5/68) Comparison of the mineral content of tap water and bottled waters.
OBJECTIVES: Because of growing concern that constituents of drinking water may have adverse health effects, consumption of tap water in North America has decreased and consumption of bottled water has increased. Our objectives were to 1) determine whether North American tap water contains clinically important levels of calcium (Ca2+), magnesium (Mg2+), and sodium (Na+) and 2) determine whether differences in mineral content of tap water and commercially available bottled waters are clinically important. DESIGN: We obtained mineral analysis reports from municipal water authorities of 21 major North American cities. Mineral content of tap water was compared with published data regarding commercially available bottled waters and with dietary reference intakes (DRIs). MEASUREMENTS AND MAIN RESULTS: Mineral levels varied among tap water sources in North America and among bottled waters. European bottled waters generally contained higher mineral levels than North American tap water sources and North American bottled waters. For half of the tap water sources we examined, adults may fulfill between 8% and 16% of their Ca2+ DRI and between 6% and 31% of their Mg2+ DRI by drinking 2 liters per day. One liter of most moderate mineralization European bottled waters contained between 20% and 58% of the Ca2+ DRI and between 16% and 41% of the Mg2+ DRI in adults. High mineralization bottled waters often contained up to half of the maximum recommended daily intake of Na+. CONCLUSION: Drinking water sources available to North Americans may contain high levels of Ca2+, Mg2+, and Na+ and may provide clinically important portions of the recommended dietary intake of these minerals. Physicians should encourage patients to check the mineral content of their drinking water, whether tap or bottled, and choose water most appropriate for their needs. (+info)
(6/68) Dethiosulfovibrio russensis sp. nov., Dethosulfovibrio marinus sp. nov. and Dethosulfovibrio acidaminovorans sp. nov., novel anaerobic, thiosulfate- and sulfur-reducing bacteria isolated from 'Thiodendron' sulfur mats in different saline environments.
Four strains of strictly anaerobic, sulfur- and thiosulfate-reducing bacteria, SR12T, SR13, SR15T and WS100T, were isolated from 'Thiodendron' sulfur mats obtained from different saline environments. All isolates were motile, Gram-negative, non-spore-forming curved rods with pointed or rounded ends. The sizes of cells varied from 0.9 x 3-5 microm for strains SR12T, SR13 and SR15T to 0.9 x 4.8 microm for strain WS100T. All strains could form long spiral filamentous cells up to 70-110 microm during the early stage of growth. All strains were motile by a tumbling movement and possessed lateral flagella arranged at the concave side of cells. Incomplete cross-septa were distinctive features of all strains. Growth occurred at temperatures of 10-40 degrees C with an optimum at 28 degrees C. The pH limits for growth were 5.5 to 8.0, with optimal growth at pH 6.5-7.0. All isolates were obligately anaerobic and slightly halophilic and grew in media containing 0.5-5% NaCl with an optimum at 2% NaCl. All strains were chemoorganoheterotrophic, having a fermentative type of metabolism and utilized proteins, peptides, amino acids and some organic acids, but not sugars, fatty acids or alcohols. Some organic substrates (isoleucine, valine, alanine, glutamate) were utilized only by strain SR12T in the presence of sulfur or thiosulfate. Fermentation of citrate yielded mainly acetate, CO2 and H2. Sulfur and thiosulfate were reduced to hydrogen sulfide during the fermentation of organic substances, which increased cell yields and growth rates. Sulfate, sulfite, fumarate, nitrate, Fe2O3, MnO2, DMSO and elemental selenium were not used as electron acceptors by these strains. The G+C contents of the DNA were 51 mol% for strains SR12T, SR13 and SR15T and 52 mol% for strain WS100T. Based on morphological, physiological and phylogenetic similarities, all four isolates could be assigned to three new species of the genus Dethiosulfovibrio, named Dethiosulfovibrio russensis (type strain DSM 12538T), Dethiosulfovibrio marinus (type strain DSM 12537T) and Dethiosulfovibrio acidaminovorans (type strain DSM 12590T). (+info)
(7/68) Meal effect on magnesium bioavailability from mineral water in healthy women.
BACKGROUND: Magnesium intakes in many industrialized countries are below recommended daily allowances. Magnesium-rich mineral water may contribute to coverage of magnesium requirements by providing significant amounts of natural, energy-free, bioavailable magnesium. OBJECTIVE: The objectives were to determine magnesium bioavailability from magnesium-rich (110 mg/L) mineral water in healthy subjects when consumed alone and to evaluate the effect of simultaneous meal consumption. DESIGN: Magnesium bioavailability was measured in 10 healthy women with the use of a crossover design. Stable magnesium isotopes ((25)Mg and (26)Mg) were administered orally with mineral water, which was consumed with or without a meal. Apparent magnesium absorption was determined by fecal monitoring, and magnesium retention was determined from urinary excretion of magnesium isotopes. RESULTS: The mean (+/-SD) magnesium absorption from mineral water consumed alone was 45.7 +/- 4.6% (range: 40.2-55.5%) and was significantly greater (P = 0.0001) when it was consumed with a meal (52.3 +/- 3.9%; 46.2-60.2%), a relative difference of 14.4%. Magnesium retention also was significantly greater (P = 0.0004) when mineral water was consumed with a meal (41.5 +/- 4.2%; 35.2-50.6%) than when consumed alone (37.4 +/- 4.0%; 33.1-47.0%), a relative difference of 11.0%. CONCLUSIONS: In healthy young women, approximately 50% of the magnesium from magnesium-rich mineral water was absorbed when consumed alone. Magnesium bioavailability from mineral water is enhanced when the water is consumed with a meal, perhaps because of a slower gastrointestinal transit time, the presence of digestion products from the meal, or both. Regular consumption of magnesium-rich mineral water could make a valuable contribution to magnesium requirements. (+info)
(8/68) Natural genetic transformation of clinical isolates of Escherichia coli in urine and water.
Transfer of plasmid-borne antibiotic resistance genes in Escherichia coli wild-type strains is possible by transformation under naturally occurring conditions in oligotrophic, aquatic environments containing physiologic concentrations of calcium. In contrast, transformation is suppressed in nitrogen-rich body fluids like urine, a common habitat of uropathogenic strains. Current knowledge indicates that transformation of these E. coli wild-type strains is of no relevance for the acquisition of resistance in this clinically important environment. (+info)
- Evian also removes harmful ocean water, pool water chlorine, and perspiration salt. (ulta.com)
- Evian water contains very few mineral salts and has a mineral content that is primarily calcium and magnesium in balanced proportions. (ulta.com)
- Evian Water, Nitrogen as Propellant. (ulta.com)
- The Promo / PR Ad titled ROLLERBABIES was done by BETC Euro Rscg Paris advertising agency for product: Evian Mineral Water (brand: Evian) in France. (coloribus.com)
- Evian is 3 times more expensive than other brands of spring water in France. (coloribus.com)
- With Kent's patented Mineral RO™ technology, this water purifier gives you 100 percent safe drinking water with double purification of RO + UV + UF keeping all the essential minerals and salts in the water you consume. (flipkart.com)
- Many doctors supported water cures, but some began to eschew balneology, the science of bathing, because of some resorts' extravagant claims. (marlintexas.com)
- The UV lamp of this water purifier has a high power of 11W to deactivate all harmful micro organisms, and ensure that the water you consume is safe from all bacteria and viruses. (flipkart.com)
- Bathers overcame the fears attendant upon the theory of miasma-that harmful vapors association with swampy waters cause disease-to seek the sanative pleasures of the springs and wells. (marlintexas.com)
- Mining districts and mineral deposits of Montana (exclusive of oil, gas, and water). (worldcat.org)
- I thought you might be interested in this item at http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/5485554 Title: Mining districts and mineral deposits of Montana (exclusive of oil, gas, and water). (worldcat.org)
- Includes index "List of mining districts and mineral deposits by counties" and "References. (worldcat.org)
- Both volcanic rocks and CO2-rich emissions are situated between the eastern part of the Transylvanian Basin and the main east Carpathian Range, where active compression tectonics caused diapiric intrusions of Miocene halite deposits and associated saline, CO2-rich waters along active faults. (ad-astra.ro)
- When bubbles and minerals come together-without the sugar or calories of a soda-Perrier becomes the perfect refresher. (samsclub.com)
- Perrier Sparkling Natural Mineral Water (11.15 oz. bottles, 24 ct. (samsclub.com)
- In 1910 Mineral Wells was the largest shipping point for mineral water in the South, with yearly shipments of more than three million bottles to cities in the South and Midwest. (marlintexas.com)
- Perrier Sparkling Natural Mineral Water has delighted generations of beverage seekers for over 150 years, with its unique blend of distinctive bubbles and balanced mineral content. (samsclub.com)
- From the early days of the Republic of Texas, mineral-water springs and wells attracted health seekers. (marlintexas.com)
- What happens to a Heat Exchanger if there is debris in the water, or high mineral content? (apc.com)
- Natural radioactivity in water samples from Assiut City, Egypt. (degruyter.com)
- Natural radioactivity in tap water of eastern Black Sea of Turkey. (degruyter.com)
- Natural radionuclides in Austrian bottled mineral waters. (degruyter.com)
- 9. Official Web Page of Natural Mineral Water Celvik. (degruyter.com)
- 10. Official Web Page of Natural Mineral Water Princess. (degruyter.com)
- Natural spring water that can be still or sparkling. (barnonedrinks.com)
- Context: the Natural Mineral Water Market is under pressure in Europe because of sustainability, and economical issues. (coloribus.com)
- Whether it is for your kitchen, restaurant, or shop, this neat and elegant water purifier can easily be installed and will ensure that you drink or serve your customers water that is clean and hygienic. (flipkart.com)
- You can even see the components through the elegant transparent cover of the water purifier and check the level of water inside with a look at the water level indicator. (flipkart.com)
- I bought this hoping it was going to be a good setting spray and I loved that it was 5 fl oz and budget friendly but this product is just water it doesn't do anything for your face or makeup and because of that I'm returning it. (ulta.com)
- Powering the entire product range is the exclusive Osmoter™ -- a perfectly balanced concentrate of Dead Sea minerals. (hsn.com)
- All the components and fittings in this water purifier come with a push fit, thus preventing leakages and wastage of water. (flipkart.com)
- Many waters that are now sold commercially come from Texas springs. (marlintexas.com)
- Contains lots of minerals. (barnonedrinks.com)
- Filling Machine , Hot Juice/Tea Filling Machine , Water Filling Machine , Plastic Bottle Blowing Machine , Carbonated Drink Filling Machine. (made-in-china.com)
- Water Filling Machine , Juice Filling Machine , CSD Drink Filling Machine , Water Treatment Plants , Label Sleeve Thermal Shrink Machine. (made-in-china.com)
- Water Filling Machine , Beverage Filling Machine , Carbonated Drink Filling Machine , Five Gallon Bottle Filling Machine , Bottle Blowing Machine. (made-in-china.com)
- Choose from 4 drink recipes containing Mineral water. (barnonedrinks.com)
- Learn more about Mineral water in the drink dictionary! (barnonedrinks.com)
- Tioga was founded where railroad workers stopped to drink the water. (marlintexas.com)
- Radium-226 in thermal and mineral springs of Croatia and associated health risks. (degruyter.com)
- Sam Houston bathed his wounds in the waters of Sour Lake in Hardin County and in the sulfur springs of Piedmont in Grimes County. (marlintexas.com)
- About 100 years ago the appropriation of mineral waters for medicinal purposes grew so popular that thousands of people visited springs and wells yearly. (marlintexas.com)
- The use of mineral springs for therapeutic purposes declined for several reasons. (marlintexas.com)
- Mineral Wells, Tioga, Sutherland Springs, and Wootan Wells owed their existence to their waters. (marlintexas.com)
- Taking the waters" was a site-specific activity, but it also included consumption away from the resort. (marlintexas.com)
- We're really struggling for words after watching this ad for Lithuanian Vytautas mineral water -- the water for "men who can handle the raw awesomeness of minerals. (huffingtonpost.com)
- With a built-in rugged Switching Mode power supply, the water purifier can handle a wide range of input AC voltages, enabling the device to stay resilient even during power fluctuations, which makes it ideal for Indian households. (flipkart.com)
- Texas resorts also attracted celebrities: Teddy Roosevelt visited Hot Sulphur Wells outside San Antonio, and Mineral Wells hosted, to name a few, Clark Gable, Tom (Thomas Edwin) Mix, Douglas Fairbanks, and J. P. Morgan. (marlintexas.com)
- Evian's spray is the perfect size for convenient, portable, non-leaking, pure water cleansing. (ulta.com)
- Designed with a capacity to hold seven liters, this Kent water purifier is perfect to have in Indian households. (flipkart.com)
- Mamie Wynne Cox, A Love Story in Mineral Wells (Mineral Wells, Texas: Index, 1932). (marlintexas.com)
- One company still bottled the water of Mineral Wells in 1990, and some people continued to believe in its health-promoting qualities. (marlintexas.com)
- This ensures a trouble-free operation, making the water purifier very convenient to have at home. (flipkart.com)
- This water purifier is made of non breakable ABS plastic which makes it durable and highly reliable. (flipkart.com)
- Borewells, water tankers, overhead storage tanks and municipal taps can all be used with this Kent Ace water purifier. (flipkart.com)
- The purifier begins the purification process as soon as the water level in the purified water storage tank goes below maximum, thanks to the fully automatic operation of the device. (flipkart.com)
- The estimated total annual committed effective dose received by population as a result of ingestion of water was in the range 0.11-2.51 μSv·y −1 for thermal water and in the range 0.11-38.8 μSv·y −1 for mineral water. (degruyter.com)
- Osmotic exchanges with the water were supposed to benefit the body. (marlintexas.com)