PHDMC | - Every Baby Matters Health FairInfant Mortality is the key long-term indicator for birth outcomes as well as for overall community health and well-being. ... Public Health - Dayton & Montgomery County works to safeguard the health of Montgomery County. We reach out to all people, ... Call for information or to report a Public Health emergency 24/7 at:. (937) 225-5700. Email. * Employment @ PHDMC ... Public Health services are far ranging and comprehensive. We continually evaluate the changing needs of our community and ...
TIP.aspxThe program trains teenagers to work as educators on our teen pregnancy and STI prevention campaigns at health fairs and ... The TIP Coordinator is available to meet with you or your child on Thursday afternoons from 1pm - 6:45 pm in the health ... The mission of the Forsyth County Department of Public Health is to prevent disease and promote a healthy community through ... The Teen Initiative Project (TIP) is a coeducational adolescent health program for young people ages 9 - 21 that live in ...
At Bartlett's next health fair, it's all about pinkThe Pink Heals Health Fair and Blood Drive in Bartlett on Aug. 22 is really all about being 'in the pink.' While the event ... The Health Fair and Blood Drive will be from 8 a.m. to noon at Fire Station No. 1, 234 N. Oak Ave. in Bartlett. ... It's all about pink at the Pink Heals Health Fair and Blood Drive Wednesday, Aug. 22, in Bartlett. ... A limited number of shirts will be available for sale at the health fair. ...
Valley View | Health FairsValley View Presents the 2016 Community Health Fairs , Mar. 16 Pre-Draw Glenwood , Apr. 2 Carbondale , Apr. 16 Newcastle/silt ... health fairs. FREE Event. Please join Dr. Feinsinger for an informative Cholesteral Lecture. Attendees are encourage to bring ... New Castle , Blood Draw and Full Health Fair. April 8th - 7-11am. Coal Ridge High School. 35947 HWY. 6 , New Castle, CO ... Carbondale , Blood Draw and Full Health Fair April 1 - 7-11am. Roaring Fork High School. 32270 HWY 133 , Carbondale, CO ...
Free Health Fair | WGTS... health education tables, Mammograms for woman ages 40-65 (provided by Susan B. Koman grant. Please contact www.newhope316.org ... Health screening: Blood pressure, weight, A1C, Blood sugar, Lion's club van will be doing hearing and vision, ... Health screening: Blood pressure, weight, A1C, Blood sugar, Lion's club van will be doing hearing and vision, health education ...
Kendall Regional Medical Center to host free Family Health Fair - Miami's Community NewsThe free fair will include health screenings, seminars, healthy sweet treats for the public and activities for the kids. The ... The free fair will include health screenings, seminars, healthy sweet treats for the public and activities for the kids. ... Kendall Regional Medical Center to host free Family Health Fair By: Danielle Calleja ,August 11, 2010 ... Kendall Regional Medical Center, 11750 SW 40 St., will be hosting a Family Health Fair for the community on Saturday, Aug. 14, ...
Free health fair offered at Senior Center - Plainview Daily HeraldWe will host a health fair from 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Tuesday, May 21. All services are free for seniors 60 and above. Booths will ... Free health fair offered at Senior Center. Norma Casanova , Senior Citizens Center ... www.myplainview.com/lifestyles/article/Free-health-fair-offered-at-Senior-Center-8413753.php ... Also on Friday, a representative from Calvert Home Health Care will be here for blood pressure screenings from 11:30 a.m.-noon. ...
American Heart Association - tag ResultsSWA Health Fair Kits Are you having a health fair? Due to limited resources, we are unable to send a representative to your ... My Family Health Tree The American Heart Association offers this easy worksheet to help you learn your family health history of ... Dental Health and Heart Health The American Heart Association answers the question Do healthy gums mean a healthy heart? ... Promatoras promote blood pressure control Western States Affiliate Health Equity volunteers have trained a new wave of health ...
Health Fair Tickets, Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 9:00 AM | EventbriteTu's Raising Hope presents Health Fair - Sunday, November 17, 2013 at St. Thomas of Canterbury, Chicago, IL. Find event and ... Health Fair. Tu's Raising Hope Sunday, November 17, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM (CST) Chicago, IL ...
Health Fair on BehanceMade four different posters for an annual Health Fair held at Buffalo Thunder each year. Didn't want to use photos because I ... Made four different posters for an annual Health Fair held at Buffalo Thunder each year. Didn't want to use photos because I ... Made four different posters for an annual Health Fair held at Buffalo Thunder each year. Didn't want to use photos because I ... Made four different posters for an annual Health Fair held at Buffalo Thunder each year. Didn't want to use photos because I ...
Students attend Howard County NAACP Youth Community Health Fair - Sun SentinelStudents from the Southeast Horizon Council attended the Howard County NAACP Youth Council Community Health Fair Nov. 19, at ... Attending the Health Fair to learn more about what is being done locally to improve health and wellness of teens were, from ... Students from the Southeast Horizon Council attended the Howard County NAACP Youth Council Community Health Fair Nov. 19, at ... Neighbors in the News: Students attend Howard County NAACP Youth Community Health Fair. ...
Smoke-Free Policies in Multi-Unit Housing Complexes (2004) | San Francisco Tobacco-FreePing Yuen: On May 3, 2003, advocates held a health fair in the outside courtyard of this large multi-storied building complex. ... Cecil Williams: The awareness event at Cecil Williams was presented as a Health Fair on June 7, 2003 coinciding with World No ... Bayview Hunters Point Health and Environmental Resource Center Radon Fair, etc. According to ALA staff, events were ... Community Health Advocates received a total of 10 training/meetings and Housing Advocates from 7 to 10 training/meetings ( ...
Utah theft included health fair patients' personal information | GJSentinel.comPersonal information about Western Slope health fair participants was involved in a February car theft and has not been ... Utah theft included health fair patients' personal information. By Katie Langford Thursday, April 20, 2017 ... Personal information about Western Slope health fair participants was involved in a February car theft and has not been ... 7 while en route to another health fair, according to a statement from the company. ...
Health fair focuses on Hispanics - tribunedigital-orlandosentinel... her cholesterol measured and her blood-sugar levels checked at a health fair Saturday at the Central Florida Fairgrounds.But it ... the free exams at health fairs at least give her a general sense of the state of her health. At the Hispanic Health Initiatives ... This is the largest health fair for Latinos in Orlando, said Josephine Mercado, director of the nonprofit Hispanic Health ... For the Health Department, doing STD testing at the fair -- free syphilis and hepatitis exams also were available -- is a way ...
Nebraska Addiction Information And Treatment (p. 1) - Addiction Treatment CentersHealth Fair. The Fair is a comprehensive approach to Nutrition and Health empowerment for Butler and Preble County Head Start ... Alegent Health Psychiatric Associates Clinics - Southwest Omaha. Dial (800) 807-6150 For Intake Omaha, Nebraska - USA (Douglas) ... ABH Add & BEH Health SVCS. Dial (800) 807-6150 For Intake La Vista, Nebraska - USA (Sarpy) ... ABH Add & BEH Health SVCS. Dial (800) 807-6150 For Intake Omaha, Nebraska - USA (Douglas) ...
Dental Clinic<...The presentations are available for local schools, community centers, childcare centers, health fairs and career day events. To ... Oral Health Outreach. We have highly qualified staff available to provide presentations on oral health. ... preventive dental care to the children of El Paso through education and treatment that will enable them to develop into health ...
Massachusetts Drug And Alcohol Detection And Testing (p. 1) - Addiction Treatment CentersHealth Fair. The Fair is a comprehensive approach to Nutrition and Health empowerment for Butler and Preble County Head Start ... Occupational Health Services Inc. Dial (800) 807-6150 For Intake Winthrop, Massachusetts - USA (Suffolk) ... we would like to invite you to participate in our 2017 Wellness Resource Fair that will be held during the annual Nutrition & ...
2017 Open Air Health Fair Volunteer Interpreter Sign-upAre you interested in helping us out at the 17th annual Open Air Health Fair? We are looking for volunteers to help as ... This form was created inside of The Health Trust. - Terms of Service - Additional Terms ... interpreters with the health screenings. You MUST sign up for the entire shift. There will be a mandatory volunteer training on ...
Materials for Your Health Fair or Event | NIDDK... and consumer-friendly fact sheets to hand out at health fairs and community events. Each one-page health fair publication is in ... To receive printed copies of some of these materials for your event, please complete the NIDDK Health Fair form (PDF, 41 KB) . ... Materials for Your Health Fair or Event. View NIDDK's science-based, patient-friendly, ... Follow these 12 steps from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on how to plan a health fair. ...
Refugio County Memorial Hospital plans health fair - Victoria Advocate - Victoria, TXThis year's health fair includes home health and hospice care, dietary education, injury prevention, surgical and animal safety ... Refugio County Memorial Hospital plans health fair Oct. 19, 2011 at 5:19 a.m.. Updated Oct. 21, 2011 at 5:21 a.m. ... The Refugio County Memorial Hospital will conduct its 11th annual health fair Wednesday. ... Free flu and tetanus shots will be offered as well as a health screening panel that includes a complete blood count and 14 test ...
Osteoporosis in Men - North Kansas City Hospital, Kansas City, MOUltrasound is sometimes offered at events such as health fairs as a quick screening for osteoporosis. Ultrasound by itself ... Health Tools. Health Tools help you make wise health decisions or take action to improve your health. ... Decision Points focus on key medical care decisions that are important to many health problems. *Osteoporosis: Should I Have a ... Actionsets are designed to help people take an active role in managing a health condition. *Healthy Eating: Taking Calcium and ...
How do you plan for a health fair? | Reference.comTo plan a health fair, create a committee, identify key goals and milestones, set a budget, and assign the responsibility of ... To plan a health fair, create a committee, identify key goals and milestones, set a budget, and assign the responsibility of ... Holding a health fair involves complying with legal requirements, obtaining necessary waiver forms and purchasing adequate ... The next step is to send confirmation letters containing information about directions to the health fair, vendor name tags and ...
Shiner health fair Tuesday - Victoria Advocate - Victoria, TX"Partners in Health," the annual health fair in Shiner, will be from 3-6 p.m. Tuesday at the Knights of Columbus Hall, 102 S. ... Shiner health fair Tuesday Feb. 18, 2012 at 10:03 p.m.. Updated Feb. 17, 2012 at 8:18 p.m. ... The health fair is sponsored by the Shiner Chamber of Commerce, Shiner Knights of Columbus, Shiner American Legion, city of ... There will also be treats, giveaways and free information on sleep disorders, home health care, mental health, child ...
Wholistic Health Fair... 19 May 2012 "Where Angels Gather" is hosting a Wholistic Health Fair and Grand Opening celebration on ...
Star Trek (2009) / Headscratchers - TV TropesFair enough. One would think though that the two ships we saw, not having prior knowledge that this was actually a time ... Nero's torture has probably had very serious side-effects to his health. ... Since the last option is the only one that works it is fair to assume this was what Kirk did too. ... Pike does describe Chekov as the "Russian whizz-kid" at some point, so this is a fair assumption. ...
UM Department of Community Service: The UM Department of Community Service (DOCS) is a student-run organization at the University of Miami's Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine.Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center, Memorial Campus: Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center, Memorial Campus was a hospital that was located at 333 N. Prairie Ave, Inglewood, California, USA.
(1/24) Utilization of health care services among adults attending a health fair in South Los Angeles County.
A bilingual survey was developed to collect information regarding socio-demographics, access to medical and dental care, health insurance coverage, perceived health status, and use of folk medicine providers from 70 adults presenting to a health fair in South Los Angeles County. Ninety-seven percent of respondents were foreign-born. Seventy-nine percent reported having no health insurance during the year prior to survey. Of the uninsured, 61 percent lacked a doctor visit and 76 percent lacked a dental visit during the previous year. The high cost of care was the most frequently cited barrier to seeking medical (58 percent) and dental (67 percent) care even when respondents felt it was necessary. Respondents who felt they needed medical attention but did not seek it had a lower perceived health status (7.0 +/- 2.2) than those who did (8.0 +/-2.0). Among respondents perceiving themselves in poor health, only 17 percent were insured. Relatively few respondents (7.2 percent) reported seeing a folk healer during the past year. Our results support the argument that the medically indigent in some localities face serious financial, as well as less salient, barriers to access. These local conditions reflect inadequate enforcement by local governments in correcting the difficult problems indigent populations face in accessing medical and dental care. (+info)
(2/24) Providing consumer health information in the rural setting: Planetree Health Resource Center's approach.
Both lifestyle and geography make the delivery of consumer health information in the rural setting unique. The Planetree Health Resource Center in The Dalles, Oregon, has served the public in a rural setting for the past eight years. It is a community-based consumer health library, affiliated with a small rural hospital, Mid-Columbia Medical Center. One task of providing consumer health information in rural environments is to be in relationship with individuals in the community. Integration into community life is very important for credibility and sustainability. The resource center takes a proactive approach and employs several different outreach efforts to deepen its relationship with community members. It also works hard to foster partnerships for improved health information delivery with other community organizations, including area schools. This paper describes Planetree Health Resource Center's approach to rural outreach. (+info)
(3/24) Health care revival renews, rekindles, and revives.
In a Black community in Boston, Mass, a community health center developed a faith-based initiative to improve the health of community residents. In partnership with a steering committee composed of community health advocates, church leaders, and community leaders, the community health center planned and implemented annual Health Care Revival meetings at which screening activities and dissemination of health information are integrated with inspirational singing and scripture readings. The success of the Health Care Revival initiative is demonstrated by an increased use of community health center services after each revival meeting, by participants' evaluations, and by an increase in the number of community health improvement projects begun as a direct result of the Health Care Revival initiative. (+info)
(4/24) Screening, education, and associated behavioral responses to reduce risk for falls among people over age 65 years attending a community health fair.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE: Because of the high risk of falling and the recognition that falling is a "geriatric syndrome," screening for risk of falls has become popular at community health fairs. The purposes of this study were to determine whether health fair screening and educational intervention would result in behaviors that could reduce the risk of falls and to determine whether adoption of risk-reduction behaviors differed between people over age 65 years screened as being at high risk for falls and those screened as being at lower risk for falls. SUBJECTS AND METHODS: The Berg Balance Test was used to classify fall risk in 68 individuals aged 57 to 89 years who were attending a community health fair. A score of 45 or lower led to a categorization of the person being at high risk for falls. All subjects were provided recommendations intended to reduce fall risk. Participants were interviewed by telephone 30 days after the screening to assess implementation of these recommendations. RESULTS: Seventy-two percent of the participants reported implementing at least one risk-reduction behavior. The high-risk group was more likely to implement risk-reduction behaviors than the low-risk group. DISCUSSION AND CONCLUSION: Screening and education in a health fair setting appear to promote behaviors that could reduce fall risk among elderly people. Future study with a control group that does not receive an educational intervention is needed to draw more definite conclusions about the value of this health promotion activity for fall prevention. (+info)
(5/24) Health fair screening: the clinical utility of the comprehensive metabolic profile.
BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES: Health fairs are a common method used by providers and health care organizations to provide screening tests, including comprehensive metabolic profiles (CMPs), to asymptomatic individuals. No national organizations currently recommend the complete CMP as a screening test for asymptomatic individuals in primary care settings. This study evaluated the value of CMPs in a health fair setting by measuring the ability of a health fair CMP to predict new medical diagnoses among residents of a sparsely populated rural county. METHODS: Volunteer participants submitted fasting blood samples at a health fair conducted by a county health center in a county with 2,531 total residents. CMP values were determined to be "normal" or "abnormal" based on laboratory reference ranges and clinical judgment of the health center physicians. Medical records were reviewed 4 months later to determine if participants with abnormal CMP values had been diagnosed with new medical conditions as a result of the screening tests. Analysis was conducted to evaluate CMP test characteristics and determine whether demographic factors or specific CMP values predicted new medical diagnoses in the participants. RESULTS: Out of 478 health fair participants, 73 individuals had at least one abnormal CMP value. The most frequently occurring abnormal value was an elevated glucose level, with Hispanic participants significantly more likely to have this abnormality than whites. After all evaluation was completed, only about 1% of tested subjects had a new diagnosis as a result of the screening CMP test; most abnormal CMP tests did not result in a new diagnosis. The positive predictive value for an abnormal test resulting in a new medical diagnosis was 0.356. CONCLUSIONS: Comprehensive metabolic profiles have limited value as a screening tool in asymptomatic populations at health fairs. (+info)
(6/24) Barriers to planning and conducting a screening: prostate cancer.
African American men participated in a screening initiative and completed the 22-item Barriers to Prostate Cancer Screening Checklist. Forty-three men received a digital rectal exam (DRE) and prostate specific antigen (PSA) laboratory test. The age of the males was M = 56.4 (range = 45-76) years; 47% were compliant with the American Cancer Society annual screening guidelines for high-risk individuals. Nineteen men from the screened group completed a 22-item Response to Barriers Checklist. The barrier ranked a "big problem" for not getting a prostate exam, and the highest by 32% (n = 6) of the sample was "Too many things going on in their lives." The lowest ranked problem by 100% of the participants was "Takes too long to get an appointment." Two individuals reported taking the over-the-counter supplement, saw palmetto. It is important that when planning a health screening in the community, both barriers and advantages be evaluated during the planning and before the implementation phase of the project. (+info)
(7/24) Drive-by readings: a creative strategy for tuberculosis control among immigrants.
OBJECTIVES: We explored an innovative strategy for targeted testing and disease management among immigrant communities at risk for tuberculosis. METHODS: Taxi drivers were recruited at an airport holding lot to undergo tuberculin skin testing (Mantoux). After receiving their test results in a location convenient for them, drivers with positive results were referred for evaluation and treatment. We conducted baseline and follow-up assessments. RESULTS: Of 123 drivers who participated, two thirds (82) were at high risk for tuberculosis. Seventy-eight (63%) of the 123 returned for test readings; 62% of these drivers had positive test results. All drivers with positive results received a complete physician evaluation, but 64% of those evaluated were not treated for latent TB infection. Of the untreated drivers, 37.5% were at high risk. Systemic and physician barriers (e.g., lack of knowledge, erroneous beliefs regarding vaccines) affected adherence to evaluation and treatment. CONCLUSIONS: Targeted testing and treatment are important to the control of tuberculosis. The results of this study highlight the need for an aggressive physician educational campaign to identify latent tuberculosis infection and to tailor service delivery to meet the unique needs of foreign-born communities. (+info)
(8/24) FDA Science Forum: advancing public health.
You don't have to know the difference between a virus and a bacterium to benefit from the Food and Drug Administration's 2005 Science Forum, an annual event aimed at sharing the science behind the agency's regulatory decisions. (+info)
- Valley View Presents the 2017 Community Health Fair. (vvh.org)
- The free fair will include health screenings, seminars, healthy sweet treats for the public and activities for the kids. (communitynewspapers.com)
- Also on Friday, a representative from Calvert Home Health Care will be here for blood pressure screenings from 11:30 a.m.-noon. (myplainview.com)
- We are looking for volunteers to help as interpreters with the health screenings. (google.com)
- In the stolen van was a jump drive with password-protected personal information such as names, addresses, phone numbers and some Social Security numbers of people who participated in health fairs at Delta County Memorial Hospital, Montrose Memorial Hospital and Gunnison County Health between 2008 and 2012. (gjsentinel.com)
- The Refugio County Memorial Hospital will conduct its 11th annual health fair Wednesday. (victoriaadvocate.com)
- event presented by Public Health - Dayton & Montgomery County. (phdmc.org)
- This event is all about health. (dailyherald.com)
- The event will be hosted by Maritza Fuentes, MD, health reporter from Univision. (communitynewspapers.com)
- This is the largest health fair for Latinos in Orlando, said Josephine Mercado, director of the nonprofit Hispanic Health Initiatives, which organized Saturday's event. (orlandosentinel.com)
- Every department in the hospital, and local health agencies always do their part to help make the event a success, she said. (victoriaadvocate.com)
- The free event will feature health-related businesses, organizations, hospitals and nursing homes offering information on healthy living and wellness programs. (victoriaadvocate.com)
- Set up a meeting a week before the health fair to orient all volunteers properly. (reference.com)
plan a health fair
- Follow these 12 steps from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on how to plan a health fair. (nih.gov)
- To plan a health fair, create a committee, identify key goals and milestones, set a budget, and assign the responsibility of acquiring clearances and other tasks to committee members, recommends the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (reference.com)
Community Health Fair
- Students from the Southeast Horizon Council attended the Howard County NAACP Youth Council Community Health Fair Nov. 19, at the Ridgeley Run Community Center, in Jessup. (sun-sentinel.com)
- There will also be treats, giveaways and free information on sleep disorders, home health care, mental health, child development and physical therapy. (victoriaadvocate.com)
- Made four different posters for an annual Health Fair held at Buffalo Thunder each year. (behance.net)
- Partners in Health," the annual health fair in Shiner, will be from 3-6 p.m. Tuesday at the Knights of Columbus Hall, 102 S. Ave. G. (victoriaadvocate.com)
- Maria Vargas, 50, had a vision exam, her cholesterol measured and her blood-sugar levels checked at a health fair Saturday at the Central Florida Fairgrounds. (orlandosentinel.com)
- At the Hispanic Health Initiatives fair in March, she found out her cholesterol level was too high. (orlandosentinel.com)
- About 700 people came throughout the day to the group's last fair in March, she said. (orlandosentinel.com)
- Vargas said that for uninsured people like her, the free exams at health fairs at least give her a general sense of the state of her health. (orlandosentinel.com)
- View NIDDK's science-based, patient-friendly, and consumer-friendly fact sheets to hand out at health fairs and community events. (nih.gov)
- Mercado said that the health fair started nine years ago to help uninsured and underinsured Hispanics have access to primary care and to medical information in Spanish. (orlandosentinel.com)
- Linda Wilson, director of patient care, has been coordinating the fair for the last five years. (victoriaadvocate.com)
- This year's health fair includes home health and hospice care, dietary education, injury prevention, surgical and animal safety and others. (victoriaadvocate.com)
- As of 2015, antibiotics are only available by prescription from a health care professional, as stated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (reference.com)
- All money raised during the Bartlett fair is used to help women in the community affected by cancer. (dailyherald.com)
- Health screening: Blood pressure, weight, A1C, Blood sugar, Lion's club van will be doing hearing and vision, health education tables, Mammograms for woman ages 40-65 (provided by Susan B. Koman grant. (wgts.org)
- Representatives from Sherman Hospital, St. Alexius Medical Center, Provena Joseph's Hospital, Hanover Township's Office of Community Health, and the Bartlett Police Department will be present to distribute health and safety information. (dailyherald.com)
- For the Health Department, doing STD testing at the fair -- free syphilis and hepatitis exams also were available -- is a way to reach a community that's disproportionately affected by the HIV/AIDS epidemic. (orlandosentinel.com)
- Bringing the service to them eliminates the inconvenience of driving to the Health Department, in an area that's stigma-free to boot. (orlandosentinel.com)
- A limited number of shirts will be available for sale at the health fair. (dailyherald.com)
- We will host a health fair from 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Tuesday, May 21. (myplainview.com)
- Hispanic Health Initiatives plans extensive series of. (orlandosentinel.com)
- Sitting in a corner of the Orange County Health Department's booth, she waited for her name to be called. (orlandosentinel.com)
- The next step is to send confirmation letters containing information about directions to the health fair, vendor name tags and parking options. (reference.com)
- Public Health services are far ranging and comprehensive. (phdmc.org)
- Free flu and tetanus shots will be offered as well as a health screening panel that includes a complete blood count and 14 test chemistry at a reduced price. (victoriaadvocate.com)
- For directions to the Public Health office you are visiting, ask at the Security Desk in the middle of the lobby. (phdmc.org)
- This bilingual publication discusses the health problems linked to overweight and obesity, the importance of balancing calories with physical activity to lose or maintain weight, and tips to be more active and eat healthy. (nih.gov)
- Kendall Regional Medical Center, 11750 SW 40 St., will be hosting a Family Health Fair for the community on Saturday, Aug. 14, 9 a.m.-noon. (communitynewspapers.com)
- Western Health Screening began mailing letters to affected participants on April 14, according to the company's statement. (gjsentinel.com)
- Personal information about Western Slope health fair participants was involved in a February car theft and has not been recovered, according to a blood screening company that serves health fairs in Delta, Montrose and Gunnison. (gjsentinel.com)
- I think because we hold the fair on our own grounds, it becomes personal," she said. (victoriaadvocate.com)