Food Dispensers, Automatic: Mechanical food dispensing machines.Hand Disinfection: The act of cleansing the hands with water or other liquid, with or without the inclusion of soap or other detergent, for the purpose of destroying infectious microorganisms.Soaps: Sodium or potassium salts of long chain fatty acids. These detergent substances are obtained by boiling natural oils or fats with caustic alkali. Sodium soaps are harder and are used as topical anti-infectives and vehicles in pills and liniments; potassium soaps are soft, used as vehicles for ointments and also as topical antimicrobials.Fumigation: The application of smoke, vapor, or gas for the purpose of disinfecting or destroying pests or microorganisms.Food: Any substances taken in by the body that provide nourishment.Pharmacists' Aides: Persons who perform certain functions under the supervision of the pharmacist.Mineral Waters: Water naturally or artificially infused with mineral salts or gases.Alcohols: Alkyl compounds containing a hydroxyl group. They are classified according to relation of the carbon atom: primary alcohols, R-CH2OH; secondary alcohols, R2-CHOH; tertiary alcohols, R3-COH. (From Grant & Hackh's Chemical Dictionary, 5th ed)Disinfection: Rendering pathogens harmless through the use of heat, antiseptics, antibacterial agents, etc.Drug Packaging: Containers, packaging, and packaging materials for drugs and BIOLOGICAL PRODUCTS. These include those in ampule, capsule, tablet, solution or other forms. Packaging includes immediate-containers, secondary-containers, and cartons. In the United States, such packaging is controlled under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act which also stipulates requirements for tamper-resistance and child-resistance. Similar laws govern use elsewhere. (From Code of Federal Regulations, 21 CFR 1 Section 210, 1993) DRUG LABELING is also available.Social Marketing: Use of marketing principles also used to sell products to consumers to promote ideas, attitudes and behaviors. Design and use of programs seeking to increase the acceptance of a social idea or practice by target groups, not for the benefit of the marketer, but to benefit the target audience and the general society.Insect Control: The reduction or regulation of the population of noxious, destructive, or dangerous insects through chemical, biological, or other means.Equipment and Supplies: Expendable and nonexpendable equipment, supplies, apparatus, and instruments that are used in diagnostic, surgical, therapeutic, scientific, and experimental procedures.Food Supply: The production and movement of food items from point of origin to use or consumption.Anti-Infective Agents, Local: Substances used on humans and other animals that destroy harmful microorganisms or inhibit their activity. They are distinguished from DISINFECTANTS, which are used on inanimate objects.Hygiene: The science dealing with the establishment and maintenance of health in the individual and the group. It includes the conditions and practices conducive to health. (Webster, 3d ed)Education, Continuing: Educational programs designed to inform individuals of recent advances in their particular field of interest. They do not lead to any formal advanced standing.Automation: Controlled operation of an apparatus, process, or system by mechanical or electronic devices that take the place of human organs of observation, effort, and decision. (From Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, 1993)Automatic Data Processing: Data processing largely performed by automatic means.Guideline Adherence: Conformity in fulfilling or following official, recognized, or institutional requirements, guidelines, recommendations, protocols, pathways, or other standards.Food Labeling: Use of written, printed, or graphic materials upon or accompanying a food or its container or wrapper. The concept includes ingredients, NUTRITIONAL VALUE, directions, warnings, and other relevant information.Food Preferences: The selection of one food over another.Food Analysis: Measurement and evaluation of the components of substances to be taken as FOOD.Insecticides: Pesticides designed to control insects that are harmful to man. The insects may be directly harmful, as those acting as disease vectors, or indirectly harmful, as destroyers of crops, food products, or textile fabrics.Algorithms: A procedure consisting of a sequence of algebraic formulas and/or logical steps to calculate or determine a given task.Automatism: Automatic, mechanical, and apparently undirected behavior which is outside of conscious control.Cross Infection: Any infection which a patient contracts in a health-care institution.Food Habits: Acquired or learned food preferences.Food Microbiology: The presence of bacteria, viruses, and fungi in food and food products. This term is not restricted to pathogenic organisms: the presence of various non-pathogenic bacteria and fungi in cheeses and wines, for example, is included in this concept.Food Industry: The industry concerned with processing, preparing, preserving, distributing, and serving of foods and beverages.Food Hypersensitivity: Gastrointestinal disturbances, skin eruptions, or shock due to allergic reactions to allergens in food.Food Contamination: The presence in food of harmful, unpalatable, or otherwise objectionable foreign substances, e.g. chemicals, microorganisms or diluents, before, during, or after processing or storage.Pattern Recognition, Automated: In INFORMATION RETRIEVAL, machine-sensing or identification of visible patterns (shapes, forms, and configurations). (Harrod's Librarians' Glossary, 7th ed)Health Food: A non-medical term defined by the lay public as a food that has little or no preservatives, which has not undergone major processing, enrichment or refinement and which may be grown without pesticides. (from Segen, The Dictionary of Modern Medicine, 1992)Food Handling: Any aspect of the operations in the preparation, processing, transport, storage, packaging, wrapping, exposure for sale, service, or delivery of food.Food Safety: Activities involved in ensuring the safety of FOOD including avoidance of bacterial and other contamination.Fast Foods: Prepared food that is ready to eat or partially prepared food that has a final preparation time of a few minutes or less.Food Deprivation: The withholding of food in a structured experimental situation.Food, Fortified: Any food that has been supplemented with essential nutrients either in quantities that are greater than those present normally, or which are not present in the food normally. Fortified food includes also food to which various nutrients have been added to compensate for those removed by refinement or processing. (From Segen, Dictionary of Modern Medicine, 1992)Software: Sequential operating programs and data which instruct the functioning of a digital computer.Health Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice: Knowledge, attitudes, and associated behaviors which pertain to health-related topics such as PATHOLOGIC PROCESSES or diseases, their prevention, and treatment. This term refers to non-health workers and health workers (HEALTH PERSONNEL).
Automatic pet food dispenser Dog Supplies | Bizrate4.74 - $139.99) Find great deals on the latest styles of Automatic pet food dispenser. Compare prices & save money on Dog ... Arf Pets Automatic Pet Feeder Food Dispenser for Dogs & Cats Automatic Food Dispenser Makes Feeding Hassle Free for Pets' ... automatic pet food, automatic pet feeder more Related Searches: automatic pet door, automatic pet waterer, automatic pet dish, ... 8-Gallon Extra Large Pet Food Dispenser Store your bulk pet food in this 8-Gallon Extra Large Pet Food Dispenser for easy ...
bizrate.com/dog-supplies/products__keyword--automatic pet food dispenser__start--20.html
Patent US3237804 - Automatic food storing and dispensing apparatus - Google PatentsEach dispenser is adapted to handle individual, measured portions of food in paper or metal pans or trays which are designated ... Automatic food frying and vending system. US5224415 *. Feb 4, 1992. Jul 6, 1993. Gas Research Institute. Frozen food storage ... AUTOMATIC FOOD STORING AND DISPENSING APPARATUS Filed May 31, 1963 8 Sheets-Sheet 6 O O O O U a INVENTORS PETER J. BARDY JULIUS ... Automatic food frying and vending system. US5127544 *. Apr 13, 1990. Jul 7, 1992. Design Technology Corporation. Method and ...
Jam-Proof, Durable Automatic Pet Food Dispenser with Great Performance and Style - All Things Home Automation... automatic pet feeder beats the competition 'paws' down. Other units on the market can jam, break get full of ants and end up in ... 3 thoughts on "Jam-Proof, Durable Automatic Pet Food Dispenser with Great Performance and Style" * casque bluetooth says: ... Jam-Proof, Durable Automatic Pet Food Dispenser with Great Performance and Style. Published on April 4, 2012. April 4, 2012. by ... The Pet Feedster has the widest food range of any automatic pet feeder on the market, and will work with hard or moist pet food ...
Dog Mate Dog Food Automatic Dispenser - Inner WolfThe Dog Mate Automatic Feeder is designed to ensure a pet's recommended dry food allowance, in order to help consumers minimise ... The New Dog Mate D3000 Feeder is designed to ensure a pet's recommended dry food allowance, in order to help consumers minimise ...
Arf Pets Automatic Pet Feeder Food Dispenser for Dogs &Cats Daily Deal Arf Pets Automatic Pet Feeder Food Dispenser for Dogs & Cats - Features ... Arf Pets Automatic Pet Feeder Food Dispenser for Dogs & ... Arf Pets Automatic Pet Feeder Food Dispenser for Dogs & Cats. ← ... Arf Pets Automatic Pet Feeder Food Dispenser for Dogs & Cats Discussion. There are no discussions for this deal. You can start ... Amazon.com offers . Arf Pets Automatic Pet Feeder Food Dispenser for Dogs & Cats - Features Distribution Alarms, Portion ...
Automatic Cat Waterer: Automatic Pet Feeders, Cat Food Dispensers, Fresh Flow Fountain for Pets... and get an automatic cat waterer and feeder from PetStore.com instead. ... Search Results for Cat Supplies > Bowls, Feeders, & Waterers > Automatic Feeders & Waterers Cat Feeding and Watering Devices. ... Get an automatic cat waterer by visiting PetStore.com, which has a wide selection of items for the cat lover who's always on ... Every automatic cat waterer that you'll find has its own antimicrobial system that keeps stain- and odor-causing bacteria away ...
automatic cat food dispenser5 Tips to Help You Find the Best Automatic Cat Food Dispenser PetersonA April 16, 2016 Feeding 1 Comment ... about siamese cats affordable pet insurance anorexia in cats asthma in cats auto cat feeder automatic cat food dispenser best ... What Makes Siamese Cats Become Anorexic? - Siamese Cats UK on 5 Tips to Help You Find the Best Automatic Cat Food Dispenser ... What can you do in this situation? The solution is to use an automatic cat food dispenser. ...
Warnings for Using an Automatic Cat Food Dispenser with Timer... see our top rated automatic cat food dispenser, based on reviews, features, and price. ... The Best Automatic Cat Food Dispenser Reviews 2017 - MUST READ. WET FOOD cat feeder , Automatic Dispenser - Start Here >> ... 11 Best Automatic Cat Feeder Reviews 2017 , #1 Food Dispenser Guide. Best Automatic Cat Feeders (Food Dispensers) Reviews ... Auto Dog Cat Food Bowl Dispenser. This is a automatic cat food dispenser. Powered by a continuous servo and controlled by an ...
Automatic Daily Fish Food Dispenser - Josh VillbrandtAutomatic Daily Fish Food Dispenser. November 23, 2012. August 27, 2017. josh Leave a comment ... Simply hold down the button until the first chunk of food drops. At that point, the food will drop once a day for four more ... The cylinder features five pockets that food can be placed in. The servo rotates to drop food from each pocket independently. ... so I wanted to make something that would supply him with the right amount of food for the four days we would be gone. I came up ...
Arf Pets Automatic Pet Feeder Food Dispenser for Dogs & Cats - Features Distribution Alarms, Portion Control & Voice Rec: Buy...Get excited offers, read Arf Pets Automatic Pet Feeder Food Dispenser for Dogs & Cats - Features Distribution Alarms, Portion ... Buy Arf Pets Automatic Pet Feeder Food Dispenser for Dogs & Cats - Features Distribution Alarms, Portion Control & Voice Rec ... Food Bowls & Feeders * Arf Pets Automatic Pet Feeder Food Dispenser for Dogs & Cats - Features Distribution Alarms, Portion ... Arf Pets Automatic Pet Feeder Food Dispenser for Dogs & Cats - Features Distribution Alarms, Portion Control & Voice Rec. * ...
Buy Online Automatic Water Dispenser Feeder Utensils Bowl, Drinking Fountain Food Dish - Shechosethecat | Cat Supplies | Cat...Details: Buy Online Automatic Water Dispenser Feeder Utensils Bowl, Drinking Fountain Food Dish ... One thought on "Buy Online Automatic Water Dispenser Feeder Utensils Bowl, Drinking Fountain Food Dish" * Pingback: Buy Online ... Buy Online Automatic Water Dispenser Feeder Utensils Bowl, Drinking Fountain Food Dish. ... Details: Buy Online Automatic Water Dispenser Feeder Utensils Bowl, Drinking Fountain Food Dish ...
hampshire - Cats and Kittens, Rehome Buy and Sell in the UK and Ireland | Prelovedautomatic cat food dispenser wanted This advert is located in and around Southampton, Hampshire ...
pet water dispenser automatic | eBayFind great deals on eBay for pet water dispenser automatic and pet water dispenser. Shop with confidence. ... Large Automatic Pet Food Drink Dispenser Dog Cat Feeder Water Bowl Dish 3.5L 1pc Brand new ... 447 results for pet water dispenser automatic Save pet water dispenser automatic to get email alerts and updates on your eBay ... 3.5L Automatic Pet Food Drink Water Dispenser Dog Cat Feeder Bowl Dish Finest New (other) ...
https://ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_nkw=pet water dispenser automatic
Electronic Projects Design/Ideas/Reviews | Page 5 | Electronics Forum (Circuits, Projects and Microcontrollers)complete newbie) whr to get a circuit plan to make an automatic food dispenser? sean8822 ...
With Gagarin To The Stars - Version 2 - Reel 2 - British PathéTheir automatic food dispensers are shown. C/U of the two dogs inside their capsule. Low angle of the capsule being lifted up ...
7 Reasons To Home Cook For Your Pet | HubPagesAfter all most pet food companies now offer all natural and organic diets. Here are... ... With all the pet foods that line the shelf at your local pet store you may wonder why a home-cooked diet is so important. ... Automatic Pet Food Dispensers for Wet And Dry Food: Top Cat and Dog Feeder Picks from a Pet-sitter. by Elsie Nelson. 0 ... Pet foods are still making many pets sick. Your food company can label made in the USA if they actually produce the food on US ...
Automatic Sugar Dispenser | The Container StoreOne lump or two? It's easy to get just the right amount with our Automatic Sugar Dispenser. At the push of a button, it ... 75 and free in-store pickup on the Automatic Sugar Dispenser at The Container Store. ... They're ideal for preserving the freshness of all your favorite dry food staples. The innovative lids are designed to ... ... Automatic Sugar Dispenser is rated 3.9 out of 5 by 14. Rated 3 out of 5 by MrsClark from Good for small amounts of sugar I ...
Dog Bowls, Feeders, & Waterers, Drinkwell, $10-$20... gravity feed waters and automatic food dispensers and travel bowls. ...
China Fish Feeder, China Fish Feeder Manufacturers and Suppliers on Alibaba.comSource a Large Selection of Fish Feeder Products at automatic pet feeder ,baby feeder ,roll feeder from China Alibaba.com ... automatic pet feeder baby feeder roll feeder bird feeder automatic pet food dispenser bowl stroller ... 2016 New type automatic pond fish food feeder/automatic fish food feeder/automatic fish feeder in aquaculture Henan Ruiya ... Digital LCD Automatic Auto Aquarium Tank Fish Food Feeder Feeding AF-2009D Automatic timer Food Feeding Shenzhen Hengfengyuxun ...
Chord Progression Chart Guitar - Best Cord ProgressionsPingback: automatic pet food dispenser * Pingback: language * Pingback: Medicare Supplements 2018 * Pingback: Sub Zero ...
Online Get Cheap Small Dog Food -Aliexpress.com | Alibaba GroupOnline Get Best Small Dog Food You Need from Aliexpress.com, A Leading Online Retailer! ... Great but Cheap Small Dog Food, Cheap Home & Garden,Dog Feeding & Watering Supplies,Dog Accessories,Dog Toys, as well as Cheap ... Automatic Pet Dog Cat Puppy Water Dispenser Food Dish Bowl 400ml Feeder Pet Drinking Fountain 24 x22 x 10cm Pet Supplies US $ ... pet food stand double dog food pet bakery dog treat Big promotion for small dog food: small pet food dog food storages dog food ...
commercial fishing - Types of fishery | Britannica.comSuch food may be released into the ponds at predetermined intervals by automatic dispensers. Though many authorities claim that ... Jack mackerel, one of the earliest fishes used for human food, continues as an important food source. Although it lives in ... This food is extracted from Lake Chad in tropical Africa, and the Aztecs made a similar product. In China a scum called lan, ... Each transfer of food value from a lower to a higher level involves a considerable loss in the amount of recoverable organic ...
Adopt Local Other Pets in Fort McMurray | Pets | Kijiji ClassifiedsAutomatic 4-Meal Per Day 24/7 Dogs Cats Pets Food Dispenser Feeder - Voice Recording - Holds 11 Pounds of Pet Food - LCD ... Automatic 4-Meal Per Day 24/7 Dogs Cats Pets Food Dispenser Feeder - Voice Recording - Holds 11 Pounds of Pet Food - LCD ... Automatic 4-Meal Per Day 24/7 Dogs Cats Pets Food Dispenser ... About 3 months of food for 85lb+ dog. Paid $120 total. $80 OBO ...
METHOD OF MAKING UP USING AN ADDRESSABLE MATRIX LIGHT SOURCE - Patent application0260] It is possible to treat one portion of the face in a semi-automatic manner and another portion in an automatic manner. It ... such as certain food coloring agents and cationic filters.  It is also possible to use IR filters or compounds that, on ... the makeup tools and/or color dispensers.  For many years, numerous efforts have been made to improve makeup tools. In ... 0437] An automatic cutting system may be used that, starting from the content of the light-sensitive makeup, e.g. its contour, ...
Water and Wastewater Companies and Suppliers in Michigan | Environmental XPRTOur gas detection line was launched in the early 1970's and we have been manufacturing automatic strainers since the mid 1980's ... food & beverage, manufacturing and chemical industries. Founded in 1995, the company has successfully implemented its LIMS in ...
Glucerna: Glucerna is the brand name of a family of tube feeding formula, bottled or canned shakes, and snack bars manufactured by Abbott Laboratories. These medical nutritional products are meant for people with diabetes and are promoted for their ability to satisfy hunger without causing rapid increases in glucose concentration in the bloodstream.Global Handwashing Day: Global Handwashing Day (GHD) is a campaign to motivate and mobilize people around the world to improve their handwashing habits by washing their hands with soap at critical moments throughout each day. It takes place on 15 October of each year.Fumigation: Fumigation is a method of pest control that completely fills an area with gaseous pesticides—or fumigants—to suffocate or poison the pests within. It is used to control pests in buildings (structural fumigation), soil, grain, and produce, and is also used during processing of goods to be imported or exported to prevent transfer of exotic organisms.Banquet Foods: Banquet Foods is a subsidiary of ConAgra Foods that sells various food products, including frozen pre-made entrées, meals, and desserts.Damavand Mineral Water Co.Primary alcoholFull mouth disinfection: Full mouth disinfection typically refers to an intense course of treatment for periodontitis typically involving scaling and root planing in combination with adjunctive use of local antimicrobial adjuncts to periodontal treatment such as chlorhexidine in various ways of application. The aim is to complete debridement of all periodontal pocket areas within a short time frame such as 24 hours, in order to minimize the chance of reinfection of the pockets with pathogens coming from another oral niches like the tongue, tonsils and non-treated periodontal pocket.Child-resistant packaging: Child-resistant packaging or CR packaging is special packaging used to reduce the risk of children ingesting dangerous items. This is often accomplished by the use of a special safety cap.Social marketing: Social marketing seeks to develop and integrate marketing concepts with other approaches to influence behaviors that benefit individuals and communities for the greater social good. It seeks to integrate research, best practice, theory, audience and partnership insight, to inform the delivery of competition sensitive and segmented social change programs that are effective, efficient, equitable and sustainable.Biological resistanceFood desert: A food desert is a geographic area where affordable and nutritious food is difficult to obtain, particularly for those without access to an automobile.USDA Defines Food Deserts | American Nutrition Association Some research links food deserts to diet-related health problems and health disparities in affected populations, but this phenomenon has been disputed.TCP (antiseptic)Hygiene: Hygiene is a set of practices performed for the preservation of health.XAP Home Automation protocol: xAP is an open protocol used for home automation and supports integration of telemetry and control devices primarily within the home. Common communications networks include RS232, RS485, Ethernet& wireless.VisionxHealth claims on food labels: Health claims on food labels are claims by manufacturers of food products that their food will reduce the risk of developing a disease or condition. For example, it is claimed by the manufacturers of oat cereals that oat bran can reduce cholesterol, which will lower the chances of developing serious heart conditions.Insecticide: An insecticide is a substance used to kill insects. They include ovicides and larvicides used against insect eggs and larvae, respectively.Clonal Selection Algorithm: In artificial immune systems, Clonal selection algorithms are a class of algorithms inspired by the clonal selection theory of acquired immunity that explains how B and T lymphocytes improve their response to antigens over time called affinity maturation. These algorithms focus on the Darwinian attributes of the theory where selection is inspired by the affinity of antigen-antibody interactions, reproduction is inspired by cell division, and variation is inspired by somatic hypermutation.Automatism (law): Automatism is a rarely used criminal defence. It is one of the mental condition defences that relate to the mental state of the defendant.Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology: Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology is a peer-reviewed medical journal published by the University of Chicago Press. It publishes research on control and evaluation of the transmission of pathogens in healthcare institutions and on the use of epidemiological principles and methods to evaluate and improve the delivery of care, including infection control practices, surveillance, cost-benefit analyses, resource use, occupational health, and regulatory issues.Castleberry's Food Company: Castleberry's Food Company was an Augusta, Georgia-based canned food company founded in the 1920s by Clement Stewart Castleberry with the help of his father Clement Lamar Castleberry and closed permanently in March 2008 by the United States Food and Drug Administration.Elimination diet: An elimination diet is a method of identifying foods that an individual cannot consume without adverse effects. Adverse effects may be due to food allergy, food intolerance, other physiological mechanisms (such as metabolic or toxins), or a combination of these.SAFE FOODSHealth food storeHungarian Food Safety Office: The Hungarian Food Safety Office (HFSO) was established as the Hungarian partner institution of the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) in 2003 in conformity with the EU requirements. One of its priority aims is to assess the health risks derived from food and indirectly from feed, to liaise with international and Hungarian authorities, and to communicate with the public on food safety issues.Criticism of fast foodCompensatory growth (organism): Compensatory growth, known as catch-up growth and compensatory gain, is an accelerated growth of an organism following a period of slowed development, particularly as a result of nutrient deprivation. The growth may be with respect to weight or length (or height in humans).Micronutrient Fortification Programs: The 2002 farm bill (P.L.Mac OS X Server 1.0Behavior change (public health): Behavior change is a central objective in public health interventions,WHO 2002: World Health Report 2002 - Reducing Risks, Promoting Healthy Life Accessed Feb 2015 http://www.who.
(1/38) Pricing and promotion effects on low-fat vending snack purchases: the CHIPS Study.
OBJECTIVES: This study examined the effects of pricing and promotion strategies on purchases of low-fat snacks from vending machines. METHODS: Low-fat snacks were added to 55 vending machines in a convenience sample of 12 secondary schools and 12 worksites. Four pricing levels (equal price, 10% reduction, 25% reduction, 50% reduction) and 3 promotional conditions (none, low-fat label, low-fat label plus promotional sign) were crossed in a Latin square design. Sales of low-fat vending snacks were measured continuously for the 12-month intervention. RESULTS: Price reductions of 10%, 25%, and 50% on low-fat snacks were associated with significant increases in low-fat snack sales; percentages of low-fat snack sales increased by 9%, 39%, and 93%, respectively. Promotional signage was independently but weakly associated with increases in low-fat snack sales. Average profits per machine were not affected by the vending interventions. CONCLUSIONS: Reducing relative prices on low-fat snacks was effective in promoting lower-fat snack purchases from vending machines in both adult and adolescent populations. (+info)
(2/38) Food environment in secondary schools: a la carte, vending machines, and food policies and practices.
OBJECTIVES: This study described the food environment in 20 Minnesota secondary schools. METHODS: Data were collected on school food policies and the availability and nutritional content of foods in school a la carte (ALC) areas and vending machines (VMs). RESULTS: Approximately 36% and 35% of foods in ALC areas and in VMs, respectively, met the lower-fat criterion (< or = 5.5 fat grams/serving). The chips/crackers category constituted the largest share of ALC foods (11.5%). The median number of VMs per school was 12 (4 soft drink, 2 snack, 5 other). Few school food policies were reported. CONCLUSIONS: The availability of healthful foods and beverages in schools as well as school food policies that foster healthful food choices among students needs greater attention. (+info)
(3/38) The association of the school food environment with dietary behaviors of young adolescents.
OBJECTIVES: We examined the association between young adolescents' dietary behaviors and school vending machines, a la carte programs, and fried potatoes' being served at school lunch. METHODS: Using a cross-sectional study design, we measured a la carte availability and the number of school stores, vending machines, and amounts of fried potatoes served to students at school lunch in 16 schools. Grade 7 students (n = 598) completed 24-hour dietary recall interviews. RESULTS: A la carte availability was inversely associated with fruit and fruit/vegetable consumption and positively associated with total and saturated fat intake. Snack vending machines were negatively correlated with fruit consumption. Fried potatoes' being served at school lunch was positively associated with vegetable and fruit/vegetable intake. CONCLUSIONS: School-based programs that aim to promote healthy eating among youths should target school-level environmental factors. (+info)
(4/38) Competitive foods and beverages available for purchase in secondary schools--selected sites, United States, 2004.
The percentage of overweight youths aged 12-19 years in the United States more than tripled from 5% during 1976-1980 to 16% during 1999-2002. Overweight youths are at increased risk for cardiovascular consequences and other serious physical and psychosocial health problems. Because most youths are enrolled in school, the school nutrition environment is integral to any strategy to improve dietary behavior and reduce overweight among youths. In most schools, the nutrition environment has two components: the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) school meals program and the sale of competitive foods. USDA defines competitive foods as those foods and beverages, regardless of nutritional value, sold at a school separate from the USDA school meals program. To identify the types of competitive foods and beverages available for purchase from school vending machines or at school stores, canteens, or snack bars, CDC analyzed data from the 2004 School Health Profiles for public secondary schools in 27 states and 11 large urban school districts. This report summarizes the results of that analysis, which indicated that, in 2004, the majority of secondary schools (median across states: 89.5%; median across large urban school districts: 81.5%) allowed students to purchase snack foods or beverages from vending machines or at the school store, canteen, or snack bar. In addition, the percentage of schools offering certain types of snack foods and beverages varied across states and large urban school districts. Although the majority of schools offered some nutritious foods and beverages in these settings, the majority of schools also offered less nutritious choices. Educators, families, and school and public health officials should work together to provide school nutrition environments that will help improve dietary behavior and reduce overweight among youths. (+info)
(5/38) The vending and a la carte policy intervention in Maine public high schools.
BACKGROUND: A healthy school nutrition environment may be important for decreasing childhood overweight. This article describes a project to make healthier snacks and beverages available in vending machines and a la carte programs in Maine public high schools. CONTEXT: Seven public high schools in Maine volunteered to participate in this project. Four schools made changes to the nutrition environment, and three schools that served as controls did not. The nutrition guidelines were to offer only low-fat (not more than 30% of total calories from fat) and low-sugar (not more than 35% by weight of sugar) items in vending machines and a la carte programs. METHODS: Strategies to implement the project included early communications with school officials, monetary stipends for participation, identification of a school liaison, and a committee at each school to promote the healthy changes. Baseline nutrient content and sales of all competitive foods and beverages were assessed to develop the guidelines for changes in the four schools. Student volunteers at all seven schools were measured for height, weight, diet quality, and physical activity level to assess the impact of the change to the nutrition environment. Baseline measures were taken in the spring semester of 2004. Nutrition changes were made to the a la carte programs and vending machines in the four intervention schools at the start of the fall semester of 2004. Follow-up nutrition assessment and student data collection occurred in the spring semester of 2005. CONSEQUENCES: Healthy changes in vending machines were more easily achieved than those made in the a la carte programs. Technical assistance and ongoing support were essential for successful implementation of this intervention. INTERPRETATION: It is possible to improve the nutrition environment of Maine public high schools. Stakeholder support is essential to sustain healthy changes. (+info)
(6/38) Improving the school food environment: results from a pilot study in middle schools.
Our objective for this study was to examine the feasibility of instituting environmental changes during a 6-week pilot in school foodservice programs, with long-term goals of improving dietary quality and preventing obesity and type 2 diabetes in youth. Participants included students and staff from six middle schools in three states. Formative assessment with students and school staff was conducted in the spring of 2003 to inform the development of school foodservice policy changes. Thirteen potential policy goals were delineated. These formed the basis for the environmental change pilot intervention implemented during the winter/spring of 2004. Questionnaires were used to assess the extent to which the 13 foodservice goals were achieved. Success was defined as achieving 75% of goals not met at baseline. Daily data were collected on goal achievement using the schools' daily food production and sales records. Qualitative data were also collected after the pilot study to obtain feedback from students and staff. Formative research with staff and students identified potential environmental changes. Most schools made substantial changes in the National School Lunch Program meal and snack bar/a la carte offerings. Vending goals were least likely to be achieved. Only one school did not meet the 75% goal achievement objective. Based on the objective data as well as qualitative feedback from student focus groups and interviews with students and school staff, healthful school foodservice changes in the cafeteria and snack bar can be implemented and were acceptable to the staff and students. Implementing longer-term and more ambitious changes and assessing cost issues and the potential enduring impact of these changes on student dietary change and disease risk reduction merits investigation. (+info)
(7/38) Food intake measured by an automated food-selection system: relationship to energy expenditure.
Measuring food intake in a laboratory usually involves limited food choices. An automated food-selection system with two vending machines containing a large variety of foods was used to measure food intake in 10 male volunteers (31 +/- 6 y, 69.2 +/- 7.1 kg, 18 +/- 7% fat, mean +/- SD) on a metabolic ward. The effect of carbohydrate, fat, and protein intakes on 24-h energy expenditure (24EE) and substrate oxidations was measured in a respiratory chamber during day 4 of weight maintenance and day 7 of ad libitum intake. Ad libitum intake resulted in a 7-d overfeeding of 6468 +/- 3824 kJ/d above weight-maintenance requirements, leading to a 2.3 +/- 1.2-kg gain. The 10,975 +/- 3774 kJ excess energy intake on day 7 of ad libitum intake caused a 1205 +/- 920 kJ/d increase in 24EE (delta 24EE = 0.17 x delta intake - 695; r = 0.71, P less than 0.02). Of the excess carbohydrate intake, 74% was oxidized (r = 0.86, P less than 0.001), whereas excess fat intake was not. Carbohydrate and protein stores are regulated whereas excess fat intake is channeled to fat stores. (+info)
(8/38) School food environments and policies in US public schools.
- The New Dog Mate D3000 Feeder is designed to ensure a pet's recommended dry food allowance, in order to help consumers minimise the health risks and costs of overfeeding. (innerwolf.co.uk)
- A Feeder That'll Give You Peace of Mind Give your cat the required amount of feed with C3000 Automatic Dry Food Pet Feeder that's made to check your pet ' suggested dry food allowance to avoid overfeeding, wastage of food and lessen the health problems. (bizrate.com)
- 10% Off Everying (Subscriptions Not Included): THX10 The feeder uses a conveyor belt to dispense food for the best portion control and accuracy. (bizrate.com)
- The feeder works with most dry kibble and semi-moist pet foods . (bizrate.com)
- With so many varieties to choose from, you are sure to find an automatic cat waterer and feeder that fits your budget and needs. (petstore.com)
- Pet parents will love the timesaving convenience of the new Petmate Replendish Feeder & Waterers, & their pets will love the continuous flow of food & fresh, filtered water they dispense. (petstore.com)
- The Pet Feedster is an innovative, automatic pet feeder beats the competition "paws" down. (smarthome.com)
- This automatic pet feeder can be used with cats and dogs. (smarthome.com)
- The Pet Feedster has the widest food range of any automatic pet feeder on the market, and will work with hard or moist pet food* - no other unit will work with moist pet food. (smarthome.com)
- You may have the best automatic cat feeder but if your pet is determined to get extra food, she will try to break it. (siamesecatshome.com)
- Cats are usually obsessed food and if you don't teach them to respect the feeder, you should not expect it to last long. (siamesecatshome.com)
- The Super Feeder has a different system so it does not get stuck and works with any size or shape of food. (eoobot.com)
- I recommend round 1/4″ diameter size food because the Super Feeder gets a better accuracy when dispensing with that size and shape. (eoobot.com)
- All sophisticated automatic feeders work like that because you don' program them by cups or ounces, but by the time of the feeder releasing, for example, 1 minute of the feeder dispensing is equal to one cup of dry food. (eoobot.com)
- The Cat Mate C50 automatic pet feeder is a popular dish food dispenser so if you are thinking about buying this device, this review will give you all the information you need to decide if this solution is suitable for your needs. (eoobot.com)
- Feed and Go, is the world's first smart automatic cat feeder that allows you to feed your cat at regular times and control how much he eats every meal.PawBot is world's only fully automatic wet food dispenser which can open and serve wet food cans to your pet. (eoobot.com)
- Whether you are at home or on the go, PawBot automatic dog & cat wet food feeder will be your helper robot, making your life easier. (eoobot.com)
- The feeder holds up to 4.4 lbs. of pet food and dispenses it in 1/4, 1/2, or 3/4 portions. (eoobot.com)
- Hello Gina, for stars, fish or triangles shaped food I recommend automatic feeders that don't use screw systems to push the food out because they get stuck most of the times. (eoobot.com)
- Fortunately, our huge collection of electric, automatic cat feeders has the perfect solution! (eoobot.com)
- Pet Food Dispenser Color: Blue Size: 4 POUND Dog Dish/feedeers/water/beds/cagesIdeal for dog owners who want to both store & dispense pet food in one convenient containerSized to fit easily in a household cabinetFresh-tite seal ensures your pets food . (bizrate.com)
- Here you'll see easy-to-clean automatic cat watering and feeding devices that come in a variety of models, colors, sizes, and added features. (petstore.com)
- Both, the amount of food and the feeding times can be adjusted in the menu. (eoobot.com)
- With out the added fat, calories and preservatives in their food you dog will lose weight naturally just by feeding them a natural diet. (hubpages.com)
- You can switch your dog in three days by feeding them mostly dog food and a little stew the first day, half and half the second day, mostly stew with a little dog food the third day and then all stew from then on out. (hubpages.com)
- Pet water dispenser for dogs cats, large birds and other. (ebay.com.au)
- Van Ness Pet Food Dispenser - 4 lb Ideal for pet owners who want to both store and dispense pet food in one convenient container. (bizrate.com)
- It can be programmed to dispense cat food at different times. (eoobot.com)
- 2 . Pet food manufacturers add preservatives for shelf life, coloring for added appeal and artificial flavorings to please your pet's palate. (hubpages.com)
- You choose how much you want to cook your pet's food so it retains more of the nutrients. (hubpages.com)
- With adjustable levels of difficulty and two size options, this fun and puzzling treat dispenser is sure to keep your dog's mind keen and their appetite. (bizrate.com)
- Just add them to your dog's food. (hubpages.com)
- They can also record a 12-second message that automatically plays when food dispenses. (eoobot.com)
- In addition to your standard dog bowls you will find elevated bowls in stands, gravity feed waters and automatic food dispensers and travel bowls. (petstore.com)
- The Pet Feedster features a gravity fed per food hopper (holds up to 10 pounds of food) with FlexFeeder Technology System that performs as a food lifter, which is flexible in 3 locations, that drops and sweeps food out through an oversized chute for consistent and reliable food dispensing. (smarthome.com)
- I had an Arduino and a servo that were free, so I wanted to make something that would supply him with the right amount of food for the four days we would be gone. (joshvillbrandt.com)
- The servo rotates to drop food from each pocket independently. (joshvillbrandt.com)
- along with an adjustable dispenser release to dial in the exact amount of food for your pet to consume. (smarthome.com)
- It's easy to get just the right amount with our Automatic Sugar Dispenser. (containerstore.com)
- Holding up to 40 pounds of food , this Wall-mounted Dispenser simply mounts to the wall with the included hardware and mounting template. (bizrate.com)
- Save pet water dispenser automatic to get email alerts and updates on your eBay Feed. (ebay.com.au)
- Unfollow pet water dispenser automatic to stop getting updates on your eBay Feed. (ebay.com.au)
- Simply hold down the button until the first chunk of food drops. (joshvillbrandt.com)
- Every automatic cat waterer that you'll find has its own antimicrobial system that keeps stain- and odor-causing bacteria away. (petstore.com)
- The large capacity container can accommodate 25 lbs. of cat food , 20 lbs. of dog good, and up to 35 lbs of birdseed. (bizrate.com)
- A durable, plastic base holds a container filled with your pet s favorite kibble that self-fills the base when food levels get low. (bizrate.com)
- Our innovative Kingsford Charcoal Caddy Dispenser is a durable, weather-tight plastic container that conveniently holds charcoal in its original bag in an upright position, so it's always ready to pour. (containerstore.com)
- Pet foods are still making many pets sick. (hubpages.com)
- A built in moat below the food hopper prevents those pesky ants and bugs from crawling into your food. (smarthome.com)
- Have you been searching for the perfect automatic cat food dispenser so you can make sure your cat gets fed but not over-fed when you are away from home? (eoobot.com)
- These automatic food dispensers are simple to operate and make sure that your feline friend will be fed her regular meals at her regular time, whether you're in the room or not. (eoobot.com)
- complete newbie) whr to get a circuit plan to make an automatic food dispenser? (electro-tech-online.com)
- Get an automatic cat waterer by visiting PetStore.com, which has a wide selection of items for the cat lover who's always on the go. (petstore.com)
- The cylinder features five pockets that food can be placed in. (joshvillbrandt.com)
- The solution is to use an automatic cat food dispenser. (siamesecatshome.com)
- Our modular Good Grips POP Canisters by OXO are designed to stack securely to create a completely customized and space-efficient solution for food storage in your pantry or kitchen cabinets. (containerstore.com)
- Store your bulk pet food in this 8-Gallon Extra Large Pet Food Dispenser for easy pouring. (bizrate.com)
- This pet treat and food dispenser makes it easy to transport and treat your pet while on the go or during training sessions. (bizrate.com)
- Just pull the handle and the food comes out, giving you the ability to control the portion amount, store the food . (bizrate.com)
- With all the pet foods that line the shelf at your local pet store you may wonder why a home-cooked diet is so important. (hubpages.com)
- At that point, the food will drop once a day for four more days. (joshvillbrandt.com)
- Your food company can label made in the USA if they actually produce the food on US soil. (hubpages.com)
- This will allow you to change the food portions, say a large portion for breakfast and a small amount of cat food for dinner. (eoobot.com)
- The smallest portion that can be prepared is 1/8 cup, and the largest is 4 cups of cat food. (eoobot.com)
- They're ideal for preserving the freshness of all your favorite dry food staples. (containerstore.com)