Electronic Nose: A device used to detect airborne odors, gases, flavors, volatile substances or vapors.Electronics: The study, control, and application of the conduction of ELECTRICITY through gases or vacuum, or through semiconducting or conducting materials. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)Nose: A part of the upper respiratory tract. It contains the organ of SMELL. The term includes the external nose, the nasal cavity, and the PARANASAL SINUSES.Volatile Organic Compounds: Organic compounds that have a relatively high VAPOR PRESSURE at room temperature.Conductometry: Determination of the quantity of a material present in a mixture by measurement of its effect on the electrical conductivity of the mixture. (Webster, 3d ed)Volatilization: A phase transition from liquid state to gas state, which is affected by Raoult's law. It can be accomplished by fractional distillation.Gases: The vapor state of matter; nonelastic fluids in which the molecules are in free movement and their mean positions far apart. Gases tend to expand indefinitely, to diffuse and mix readily with other gases, to have definite relations of volume, temperature, and pressure, and to condense or liquefy at low temperatures or under sufficient pressure. (Grant & Hackh's Chemical Dictionary, 5th ed)Odors: The volatile portions of substances perceptible by the sense of smell. (Grant & Hackh's Chemical Dictionary, 5th ed)Amorphophallus: A plant genus of the family ARACEAE. Members contain konjac glucomannan (MANNANS) and SEROTONIN.Biosensing Techniques: Any of a variety of procedures which use biomolecular probes to measure the presence or concentration of biological molecules, biological structures, microorganisms, etc., by translating a biochemical interaction at the probe surface into a quantifiable physical signal.Electrical Equipment and Supplies: Apparatus and instruments that generate and operate with ELECTRICITY, and their electrical components.Chlorofluorocarbons, Methane: A group of methane-based halogenated hydrocarbons containing one or more fluorine and chlorine atoms.Principal Component Analysis: Mathematical procedure that transforms a number of possibly correlated variables into a smaller number of uncorrelated variables called principal components.Biomimetics: An interdisciplinary field in materials science, ENGINEERING, and BIOLOGY, studying the use of biological principles for synthesis or fabrication of BIOMIMETIC MATERIALS.Quartz Crystal Microbalance Techniques: The use of a quartz crystal microbalance for measuring weights and forces in the micro- to nanogram range. It is used to study the chemical and mechanical properties of thin layers, such as polymer coatings and lipid membranes; and interactions between molecues.Exhalation: The act of BREATHING out.Transducers: Any device or element which converts an input signal into an output signal of a different form. Examples include the microphone, phonographic pickup, loudspeaker, barometer, photoelectric cell, automobile horn, doorbell, and underwater sound transducer. (McGraw Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)Discriminant Analysis: A statistical analytic technique used with discrete dependent variables, concerned with separating sets of observed values and allocating new values. It is sometimes used instead of regression analysis.Orthosiphon: A plant genus of the family LAMIACEAE that contains pimarane-type diterpenes. Several species of Orthosiphon are also called Java tea.Semiconductors: Materials that have a limited and usually variable electrical conductivity. They are particularly useful for the production of solid-state electronic devices.Food Analysis: Measurement and evaluation of the components of substances to be taken as FOOD.Pasteurization: Treatment of food with physical methods such as heat, high pressure, radiation, or electric current to destroy organisms that cause disease or food spoilage.Wine: Fermented juice of fresh grapes or of other fruit or plant products used as a beverage.Neural Networks (Computer): A computer architecture, implementable in either hardware or software, modeled after biological neural networks. Like the biological system in which the processing capability is a result of the interconnection strengths between arrays of nonlinear processing nodes, computerized neural networks, often called perceptrons or multilayer connectionist models, consist of neuron-like units. A homogeneous group of units makes up a layer. These networks are good at pattern recognition. They are adaptive, performing tasks by example, and thus are better for decision-making than are linear learning machines or cluster analysis. They do not require explicit programming.Smell: The ability to detect scents or odors, such as the function of OLFACTORY RECEPTOR NEURONS.Nose Deformities, Acquired: Abnormalities of the nose acquired after birth from injury or disease.Breath Tests: Any tests done on exhaled air.Nose Diseases: Disorders of the nose, general or unspecified.Equipment Failure Analysis: The evaluation of incidents involving the loss of function of a device. These evaluations are used for a variety of purposes such as to determine the failure rates, the causes of failures, costs of failures, and the reliability and maintainability of devices.Equipment Design: Methods of creating machines and devices.Nose Neoplasms: Tumors or cancer of the NOSE.
MEMS-Enabled Electronic Nose Is Nothing to Sneeze At | EE TimesRe: MEMS-Enabled Electronic Nose Is Nothing to Sneeze At docdivakar 10/10/2013 9:40:34 PM ... Honeywell is working to downsize its MEMS "electronic nose" into a one millimeter thin package--small enough to fit inside any ... Having watched research on a number of electronic nose technologies for years now, this innovation really is pretty exciting. ... This sounds like a giant leap for "electronic noses". As digital storage becomes smaller and cheaper, the necessary library ...
An electronic nose to sniff out nasty chemicals - CNET... scientists develop an electronic nose sensor able to be tied into clothing or paper. ... An electronic nose to sniff out nasty chemicals. Using materials technology to add a touch interface to devices, U.K. ... For the electronic nose, the material can be placed on films and even be woven into clothing. ... There's a long history of trying to make electronic noses. NASA, for example, needs sensors to monitor certain chemicals, such ...
electronic noseTags: cancer, detecting, diabetes, diagnosis, disease, doctor, doctors, dog, dogs, electronic nose, medical, nose, offices, ... Tag: electronic nose. A dog in every doctor's office? Why not?. With evidence both anecdotal and scientific showing dogs have ... "At the moment electronic noses are not as advanced as the dogs', they are about 15 years behind. But the work that we are doing ... Pretty amazing stuff, but I think I'd rather be diagnosed by a dog than an electronic nose. And what's so impractical about a ...
Sensors | Free Full-Text | Towards a Chemiresistive Sensor-Integrated Electronic Nose: A Review | Notes... electronic nose signal processing chip, and the electronic nose system-on-chip. ... In addition, the state-of-the-art technology integrated in the electronic nose is also presented, such as the sensing front-end ... metal-oxide semiconductor gas sensors and conductive polymer gas sensors in an electronic nose for system integration to reduce ... and the complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor integrated technology for a chemiresistive gas sensor electronic nose, ...
International Symposium on Olfaction and Electronic Nose... demand for electronic instruments that can mimic biological olfaction processes led to the development of electronic nose and ... 14th International Symposium on Olfaction and Electronic Nose. Instructions for formatting the accepted abstracts in AIP's own ... Nanotechnology has enabled the development of handheld electronic olfaction systems that are promising non-invasive health ...
Commissione europea : CORDIS : Progetti e risultati : Rapid detection of microbial contaminants in food products using...This project will examine the use of innovative electronic nose (e .nose) detection systems for the early detection of bacteria ... Rapid detection of microbial contaminants in food products using electronic nose technology. Dal 2000-12-01 al 2004-04-01 ... Rapid detection of microbial contaminants in food products using electronic nose technology ... Interlaboratory validation will be carried out with four different e.nose systems for optimising detection. In collaboration ...
Electronic Nose Market by Manufacturers,Types,Regions and Applications Research Report Forecast to 20222.5.2 Electronic Nose Type and Applications. 126.96.36.199 Type 1. 188.8.131.52 Type 2. 2.5.3 Electronic Sensor Technology Electronic Nose ... 2.1.2 Electronic Nose Type and Applications. 184.108.40.206 Type 1. 220.127.116.11 Type 2. 2.1.3 Alpha MOS Electronic Nose Sales, Price, ... 2.2.2 Electronic Nose Type and Applications. 18.104.22.168 Type 1. 22.214.171.124 Type 2. 2.2.3 Airsense Electronic Nose Sales, Price, ... 2.3.2 Electronic Nose Type and Applications. 126.96.36.199 Type 1. 188.8.131.52 Type 2. 2.3.3 Odotech Electronic Nose Sales, Price, ...
Microbial processes and volatile metabolites in cheese : detection of bacteria using an electronic noseThe electronic nose is able to identify the sum of volatile metabolites in a food, which is unlike the gas chromatograph that ... Enterobacteriaceae, Lactococcus, electronic nose National Category Biological Sciences Identifiers. URN: urn:nbn:se:oru:diva- ... Microbial processes and volatile metabolites in cheese: detection of bacteria using an electronic nose. Westling, Magnus Örebro ... We believe that there is evidence that metabolomics together with the electronic nose have future prospects in terms of quality ...
His and Her Electronic Nose and Ear Hair Trimmer Hygienic Nasal Clipper [E20288] : Electronic Gadgets, Home Gifts & Unusual...This Hygienic Clipper for nose and ear trimming both fits with men and women.Nose and Ear Trimmer removes that unsightly nose ... BestOfferBuy His and Her Electronic Nose and Ear Hair Trimmer Hygienic Nasal Clipper [E20288] - Description: ... and ear hair .Steel blades for excellent cutting performance and rotary trimmer for nose and earsDetail trimmer for eyebrows ... Great Hygienic Nose and Ear Trimmer for ears, nose and eyebrows.. *Electronic Nose and Ear Trimmer has easy to hold grip with ...
polymer electronics - Tag Search - IEEE SpectrumElectronic Noses Sniff Success. E-noses will soon be ubiquitous, thanks to printed organic semiconductors ...
New type of artificial nose that can detect cancer cells developed in South Korea - FareastgizmosPusan National University researchers from South Korea has developed a new type of artificial nose, or electronic nose which is able to detect endocrine di
ISOEN 2017The International Symposium on Olfaction and Electronic Nose (ISOEN) is the world's premiere technical conference in artificial chemoreception (olfaction and taste). ISOEN 2017 provides a forum for scientists, engineers and practitioners to share their latest findings, innovations and products in the area of artificial chemoreception. ...
Thin Film Electronics ASARed Noses: Red Noses is a comedy about the black death by Peter Barnes, first staged at Barbican Theatre in 1985. It depicted a sprightly priest, originally played by Antony Sher, who travelled around the plague-affected villages of 14th century France with a band of fools, known as God's Zanies, offering holy assistance.To Kau Wan: To Kau Wan () is a bay on the north shore of northeast Lantau Island, Hong Kong. Contaminated soil from Penny's Bay was transferred here for thermal desorption to separate the Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) and Semi-Volatile Organic Compounds (SVOC) along with cement immobilization of metal contamination from Penny's Bay.Conductometry: Conductometry is a measurement of electrolytic conductivity to monitor a progress of chemical reaction. Conductometry has notable application in analytical chemistry, where conductometric titration is a standard technique.Ammonia volatilization from urea: Urea (46-0-0) accounts for more than fifty percent of the world’s nitrogenous fertilizers.Schwab, G.Volumetric heat capacity: Volumetric heat capacity (VHC), also termed volume-specific heat capacity, describes the ability of a given volume of a substance to store internal energy while undergoing a given temperature change, but without undergoing a phase transition. It is different from specific heat capacity in that the VHC is a 'per unit volume' measure of the relationship between thermal energy and temperature of a material, while the specific heat is a 'per unit mass' measure (or occasionally per molar quantity of the material).Acidovorax konjaci: Acidovorax konjaci is a Gram-negative bacterium. It can cause a plant disease, the leaf blight of Amorphophallus rivieri, a food crop of Japan.Fluorescent glucose biosensor: Fluorescent glucose biosensors are devices that measure the concentration of glucose in diabetic patients by means of sensitive protein that relays the concentration by means of fluorescence, an alternative to amperometric sension of glucose. No device has yet entered the medical market,No fluorescent biosensor has yet entered the medical market, however, in the market for research tools several fluorescent biosensors are present, such as a kit using [Vibrio fischeri] but, due to the prevalence of diabetes, it is the prime drive in the construction of fluorescent biosensors.Helsinki Motor ShowRefrigerant: A refrigerant is a substance or mixture, usually a fluid, used in a heat pump and refrigeration cycle. In most cycles it undergoes phase transitions from a liquid to a gas and back again.RV coefficient: In statistics, the RV coefficientHans GaffronMicrobalance: A microbalance is an instrument capable of making precise measurements of weight of objects of relatively small mass: of the order of a million parts of a gram. In comparison, a standard analytical balance is 100 times less sensitive; i.Luis Gabriel Cano: Luis Gabriel Cano Isaza (1924-2010)El Espectador obituary (In Spanish) was the President and publisher of El Espectador who won the Golden Pen of Freedom Award in 1990 for his writings on the cocaine traffic. His brother Guillermo, who had also worked on the paper, had been assassinated by drug gangs.Mechanical filter: A mechanical filter is a signal processing filter usually used in place of an electronic filter at radio frequencies. Its purpose is the same as that of a normal electronic filter: to pass a range of signal frequencies, but to block others.Modified Maddrey's discriminant function: The modified Maddrey's discriminant function) was originally described by Maddrey and Boitnott to predict prognosis in alcoholic hepatitis. It is calculated by a simple formula:SinensetinOrganic semiconductor: An organic semiconductor is an organic material with semiconductor properties, that is, with an electrical conductivity between that of insulators and that of metals. Single molecules, oligomers, and organic polymers can be semiconductive.Pasteurization: Pasteurization (American English) or pasteurisation (British English) is a process that kills bacteria in liquid food.Rice winePhysical neural network: A physical neural network is a type of artificial neural network in which an electrically adjustable resistance material is used to emulate the function of a neural synapse. "Physical" neural network is used to emphasize the reliance on physical hardware used to emulate neurons as opposed to software-based approaches which simulate neural networks.Shape theory of olfaction: The Shape theory of smell proposes that a molecule's smell character is due to its molecular shape, molecular size and functional groups. It has also been described by a 'lock and key' mechanism by which a scent molecule fits into olfactory receptors in the nasal epithelium.Nasal septal hematoma: Nasal septal hematoma is a condition affecting the nasal septum. It can be associated with trauma.Erythromycin breath test: The erythromycin breath test (ERMBT) is a method used to measure metabolism (oxidation and elimination from the system) by a part of the cytochrome P450 system. Erythromycin is tagged with carbon-14 and given as an intravenous injection; after 20 minutes the subject blows up a balloon and the carbon dioxide exhaled that is tagged with carbon-14 shows the activity of the CYP3A4 isoenzyme on the erythromycin.Cable fault location: Cable fault location is the process of locating periodic faults, such as insulation faults in underground cables, and is an application of electrical measurement systems. In this process, mobile shock discharge generators are among the devices used.Beta encoder: A beta encoder is an analog to digital conversion (A/D) system in which a real number in the unit interval is represented by a finite representation of a sequence in base beta, with beta being a real number between 1 and 2. Beta encoders are an alternative to traditional approaches to pulse code modulation.
(1/23) Classification of agarwood oil using an electronic nose.
(2/23) Electronic nose based on independent component analysis combined with partial least squares and artificial neural networks for wine prediction.
(3/23) Species discrimination among three kinds of puffer fish using an electronic nose combined with olfactory sensory evaluation.
(4/23) The detection of patients at risk of gastrointestinal toxicity during pelvic radiotherapy by electronic nose and FAIMS: a pilot study.
(5/23) Overcoming the slow recovery of MOX gas sensors through a system modeling approach.
(6/23) In tube integrated electronic nose system on a flexible polymer substrate.
(7/23) A hybrid sensing approach for pure and adulterated honey classification.
(8/23) An analog multilayer perceptron neural network for a portable electronic nose.
- Nanotechnology has enabled the development of handheld electronic olfaction systems that are promising non-invasive health monitoring tools, as well as environmental testing and quality control devices. (nanowerk.com)
- Adaptation of the electronic nose technology to wearable personalised monitoring system capable of early detection and identification of the wound clinical infection. (europa.eu)
- Guest said having a dog in every doctor's office would be impractical, but the research could help lead to the invention of an electronic nose that will mimic a dog's. (ohmidog.com)
- Nanowerk News ) An increasing demand for electronic instruments that can mimic biological olfaction processes led to the development of electronic nose and tongue systems, that is, intelligent chemical sensor arrays for odor classification and/or gas discrimination. (nanowerk.com)
- An electronic nose consists of a mechanism for chemical detection, such as an array of electronic sensors, and a mechanism for pattern recognition, such as a neural network. (free-press-release-center.info)
sense of sm
- Adding an electronic sense of smell with a chemical sensor, the dot at the end of this device. (cnet.com)
- Now researchers are taking the phenomenon a step farther to develop the technological equivalent of the Labrador's powerful sense of smell: an electronic nose, or e-nose. (pbs.org)
- Great Hygienic Nose and Ear Trimmer for ears, nose and eyebrows. (bestofferbuy.com)
- I'm all ears for your comments about noses and tongues, electronic or otherwise, as described in today's Science feature. (washingtonpost.com)
- As this 2007 video shows, some dogs already have the skill down, but the Cancer and Bio-Detection Dogs research center in Aylesbury, based on recent evidence suggesting a dog's hyper-sensitive nose can detect impending attacks, is now working to train 17 dogs that will be paired up with diabetic owners. (ohmidog.com)
- This project will examine the use of innovative electronic nose (e .nose) detection systems for the early detection of bacteria yeasts and filamentous fungi and off-odours in these related economically important industries. (europa.eu)
- Interlaboratory validation will be carried out with four different e.nose systems for optimising detection. (europa.eu)
- Using materials technology to add a touch interface to devices, U.K. scientists develop an electronic nose sensor able to be tied into clothing or paper. (cnet.com)
- The electronic nose is designed to isolate chemicals in odor signatures in order to help diagnose diseases. (pbs.org)
- Materials scientists have turned high-tech powders into an electronic nose that could be used for safety and health applications. (cnet.com)
- But the work that we are doing and what we are finding out will help scientists advance quickly so that they can use electronic noses to do the same thing," she said. (ohmidog.com)
- Implementing methods for the dynamic data recording and analysis in the electronic nose technology and adapting of the recognition algorithms to automate diagnosis. (europa.eu)
- The aim of this review is to evaluate the use of metabolomics of selected Enterobacteriaceae together with electronic nose technology in order to analyse possible patterns of volatile metabolites produced in soft cheese. (diva-portal.org)
- Pioneering 'electronic nose' technology for waste odour monitoring will be showcased by Enviro Technology at the Association for Organics Recycling (AfOR) conference on 15 March. (environmental-expert.com)
- Development of prototype system based on electronic nose technology. (europa.eu)
- An electronic nose (e-nose) is a device that identifies the specific components of an odor and analyzes its chemical makeup to identify it. (free-press-release-center.info)
- In the lab, the e-nose device is hooked up to a system of plastic tubes and vials. (pbs.org)
- The electronic nose is able to identify the sum of volatile metabolites in a food, which is unlike the gas chromatograph that identifies individual metabolites. (diva-portal.org)
- Having watched research on a number of electronic nose technologies for years now, this innovation really is pretty exciting. (eetimes.com)
- Pretty amazing stuff, but I think I'd rather be diagnosed by a dog than an electronic nose. (ohmidog.com)
- We believe that there is evidence that metabolomics together with the electronic nose have future prospects in terms of quality control and microbial contamination screening. (diva-portal.org)
- The pilot study was done together with the center for AASS, Örebro University where bacteria were analysed using the electronic nose NST3320. (diva-portal.org)