Chemical Industry: The aggregate enterprise of manufacturing and technically producing chemicals. (From Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed)Hazardous Substances: Elements, compounds, mixtures, or solutions that are considered severely harmful to human health and the environment. They include substances that are toxic, corrosive, flammable, or explosive.Occupational Diseases: Diseases caused by factors involved in one's employment.Occupational Exposure: The exposure to potentially harmful chemical, physical, or biological agents that occurs as a result of one's occupation.Industry: Any enterprise centered on the processing, assembly, production, or marketing of a line of products, services, commodities, or merchandise, in a particular field often named after its principal product. Examples include the automobile, fishing, music, publishing, insurance, and textile industries.Tobacco Industry: The aggregate business enterprise of agriculture, manufacture, and distribution related to tobacco and tobacco-derived products.Drug Industry: That segment of commercial enterprise devoted to the design, development, and manufacture of chemical products for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease, disability, or other dysfunction, or to improve function.
Chemicals Market Research Report - Chemical Industry Analysis | LucintelChemical industry analysis including Market Trend, Forecast and Profit Analysis, Growth Opportunities, competitive market ... These industry reports study annual trends; provide forecast statistics; detail the industry's drivers and challenges; discuss ... chemical type (epoxy, polyester, others), end use industry (industrial coatings, graphic arts, electronics, others), and region ... Top Five Global Pulp and Paper Chemical Companies: Performance, Strategies and Competitive Analysis, Top Five Global Pulp and ...
Imperial Chemical Industries PLC | Article about Imperial Chemical Industries PLC by The Free DictionaryFind out information about Imperial Chemical Industries PLC. An extensible, interpretated language by Tim Long with syntax ... similar to C. ICI adds high-level garbage-collected associative data structures, exception... Explanation of Imperial Chemical ... CONTACT: Imperial Chemical Industries PLC, +44-207-009-5410. Imperial Chemical Industries PLC Group Results (Unaudited); Second ... Imperial Chemical Industries PLC , Article about Imperial Chemical Industries PLC by The Free Dictionary http://encyclopedia2. ...
encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Imperial Chemical Industries PLC
chemical industry - Aliphatic hydrocarbons | Britannica.comBecause of the interlocking network of the chemical industry, it will be helpful to return briefly to the original raw ... Earlier the aromatic group of organic chemicals was described; contrasted with these are the aliphatics, of which a number of ... Because of the interlocking network of the chemical industry, it will be helpful to return briefly to the original raw ... The Perils of Industry: 10 Notable Accidents and Catastrophes. The fires of industry have long been stoked with sweat and toil ...
Chemical Industry - News and Events - NSF InternationalNSF International service solutions to the chemical industry include systems and product certifications, testing, analyses and ...
Tsai Kuang-Chueh, San Fang Chemical Industry Co Ltd: Profile & Biography - BloombergTsai Kuang-Chueh is President at San Fang Chemical Industry Co Ltd. See Tsai Kuang-Chueh's compensation, career history, ... President San Fang Chemical Industry Co Ltd, PRESENT * Executive Vice President San Fang Chemical Industry Co Ltd, 1/2005- ... Losers Earnings Calendar Industry Leaders Currencies Americas Europe, Middle East, & Africa Asia-Pacific Foreign Exchange Cross ... Markets Commodities Currencies Bonds Stocks Energy Markets Municipal Bonds Emerging Markets Funds Islamic Finance Industries ...
Chemical Industry Outlook - Oct. 2010HomeBusinessChemical Industry Outlook - Oct. 2010. Chemical Industry Outlook - Oct. 2010 October 15, 2010 Zacks Investment ... The entire US chemical industry is broadly divided into four segments - basic chemicals, life sciences, specialty chemicals and ... Chemical giant BASF is expecting about 10% growth in the US chemical industry on the back of rising demand for exports. ... The chemical industry as a whole remains heavily exposed to economic cycles and pretty much all of the industry's ...
Electrifying the chemical industry | TNOThe chemical industry electrification programme is tackling this ... ... How can we use sustainable electricity in the chemical industry, both directly and indirectly? ... Electrifying the chemical industry. 25 Mar 2015 How can we use sustainable electricity in the chemical industry, both directly ... The chemical industry electrification programme has a Technology Readiness Level of 5-7: in other words, the industry can ...
Silicone Chemical Factory | Made-in-China.comSelect 2017 high quality Silicone Chemical Factory products in best price from certified Chinese Chemical Sheet manufacturers, ... Chemicals Industrial Equipment & Components Light Industry & Daily Use Manufacturing & Processing Machinery Electrical & ... General Chemical Chemical Plastic Products Performance Chemical Chemical Raw China Chemical Oil Chemical Chemical Exporters ... General Chemical Factory Chemical Plastic Products Factory Performance Chemical Factory Chemical Raw Factory Chemical Factory ...
chemical industry - Synthesis gas | Britannica.comchemical industry - Synthesis gas: In, the words synthesis gas have been shown as the source of two products, ammonia and ... By far the most important use of ammonia within the chemical industry is to produce nitric acid (HNO3). Nitrogen and oxygen can ... Ammonia also has other uses within the chemical industry. The small amount of ammonia consumed in the course of making sodium ... As is true with many other branches of the chemical industry, the latest trend is to move to natural gas. ...
chemical industry - Carbon black | Britannica.comCarbon black is one of the most important industrial chemical products. Carbon black is considered a petrochemical because it ... chemical industry - Carbon black: The outstanding black pigment is the versatile product known as carbon black. ... The Perils of Industry: 10 Notable Accidents and Catastrophes. The fires of industry have long been stoked with sweat and toil ... American Industry and Innovation. Take this History quiz at encyclopedia britannica to test your knowledge American industry ...
Wastewater Treatment Chemical Industry Articles on Environmental XPRT... the world's largest environmental industry marketplace and information resource. ... Find wastewater treatment chemical industry articles on Environmental XPRT, ... wastewater treatment chemical industry Articles. Related terms for "wastewater treatment chemical industry ": wastewater ... Efficient reduction of chemical oxygen demand in industrial wastewaters Depending on the industry activity and the situation, ...
SinoCoking Coal And Coke Chemical Industries Commenced Production Of A Clean Coke Product1, 2013 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- SinoCoking Coal And Coke Chemical Industries Commenced Production Of A Clean Coke Product.... ... SinoCoking and Coke Chemical Industries, Inc., a Florida corporation, is a vertically-integrated coal and coke processor that ... SinoCoking Coal And Coke Chemical Industries Commenced Production Of A Clean Coke Product. Received Certificate of Achievement ... 1, 2013 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- SinoCoking Coal and Coke Chemical Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq: SCOK) (the "Company" or " ...
Do lawsuits drive innovation in chemical industry? - SectorWatch - MarketWatchLawsuits on health and environmental liability are among the biggest risks affecting the chemical industry. But could they also ... Lawsuits on health and environmental liability are among the biggest risks affecting the chemical industry. But could they also ... What marriage-phobic millennials mean for the wedding-ring industry. Posted July 13, 2017. ... How the 'grocerant' is disrupting the $500 billion food industry. Posted September 19, 2017. ...
Gao Feng, Hebei Jinniu Chemical Industry Co Ltd: Profile & Biography - BloombergGao Feng is Former Non-Executive Vice Chairman at Hebei Jinniu Chemical Industry Co Ltd. See Gao Feng's compensation, career ... Non-Executive Vice Chairman Hebei Jinniu Chemical Industry Co Ltd, 3/2016-UNKNOWN ... Losers Earnings Calendar Industry Leaders Currencies Americas Europe, Middle East, & Africa Asia-Pacific Foreign Exchange Cross ... Markets Commodities Currencies Bonds Stocks Energy Markets Municipal Bonds Emerging Markets Funds Islamic Finance Industries ...
Chemical Industry Gives Support to Reform - washingtonpost.com... chemical industry leaders said last week they are joining environmentalists, public health groups and consumer advocates in ... Chemical Industry Lends Support to Reform. In a reversal, chemical industry leaders said last week they are joining ... environmentalists, public health groups and consumer advocates in seeking more robust federal regulation of chemicals.. - By ... seeking more robust federal regulation of chemicals. ...
Chemical Industry Emissions Articles on Environmental XPRT... the world's largest environmental industry marketplace and information resource. ... Find chemical industry emissions articles on Environmental XPRT, ... Enhanced LDAR in the chemical industry As a result of recent ... Chemical Industry: Packed Cyclone Separator Removes Dust Particles While Recycling Process Liquids Chemical Industry New ... QUADRANT SR Thermal Oxidizer & the chemical industry - Case study Chemical processing facilities across the country are facing ...
Managing Disruption in the Chemical Industry - AccentureRead Accenture's report about how Chief Strategy Officers at chemical companies believe the industry is adapting to ... In the chemical industry, only 13 percent of the CSOs said their companies are well prepared for disruptions. When one chemical ... A full 80 percent of chemical-industry CSOs said that new technologies have changed their industry over the last five years, ... The chemical industry: Learning to live with disruption. Deepening alliances with customers and other companies means ...
The Chemical Industry: Without it, you would all die of terrorism!!!! - Greg Laden's BlogThe Chemical Industry: Without it, you would all die of terrorism!!!!. Posted by Greg Laden on May 24, 2009 ... "Without chemicals, life itself would be impossible." and all that.) Which is fine, who cares? But what I want to draw your ... And when you have to go to that great chemical spill down by the tanks next to the river … remember:. Chemistry … is essential ... In fact, I imagine the first responders as on their way from a chemical fire and cleanup site (they always look haggard like ...
The Future of China's Chemicals Industry - Accenture... and how chemical consultants think these factors will impact the global market. ... See what factors are influencing the growth of China's chemical industry, ... The future of China's chemicals industry. Speculation about China's future growth raises important questions for the chemical ... These issues raise a number of important questions for the chemical industry. ...
Complete Recyling in the Organics Chemicals Industry... the environment that wastewater treatment and effluent levels in the organics chemicals industry and many other industries are ... This paper will present case studies of three different organic chemicals and pesticide plants which have gone through studies ... Complete Recyling in the Organics Chemicals Industry. Regulations for both direct and indirect discharges have become so ... Complete Recyling in the Organics Chemicals Industry by E. Roberts Alley, E. Roberts Alley & Associates, Inc, Brentwood, United ...
Chemical company processes critical data via wireless Ethernet | Control EngineeringA chemical company switch to wireless communications saved money by eliminating costly trenching and increased reliability ... Case Study Database ListingAdvertise--Media KitContact UsHART Communication ProtocolInnovations from the IndustryWhite Papers ... Chemical company processes critical data via wireless Ethernet A chemical company switch to wireless communications saved money ... This data is used to calculate inventory levels of one of the company's feedstock chemicals. When the company switched from ...
Chemical Industry | Care2 CausesAfter Family Is Forced to Leave Animals in Car, Holiday Inn Grants Free Stays to Pets During ...
Global Metal Finishing Chemical Industry5. METAL FINISHING CHEMICALS - AN ASSESSMENT II-40 Metal Finishing Chemicals by Product Category II-40 Plating Chemicals ... Advanced Chemical Company. Atotech Deutschland GmbH. Chemetall. Coral Chemical Company. Dow Chemical Company. Download the full ... 9. RECENT INDUSTRY ACTIVITY..............II-76 Platform Specialty Products Acquires Alent II-76 DuPont and Dow Chemical to ... Future Analysis for Metal Finishing Chemicals by Product Segment - Plating Chemicals, Conversion Coatings, Cleaning Chemicals, ...
FIRETEX for Oil Gas & Chemical Industry - YouTubeThe FIRETEX M90 Series is a range of tough intumescent paint designed for the energy industry. As well as providing fire ... General Iron Industries Scrap Yard ( Chicago, IL ) [ 9-27-11 ] - Duration: 6:44. Arvell Dorsey Jr. 5,114 views ... The iron industry of the High Weald - Duration: 5:11. highwealdAONB 1,113 views ... Making Chemicals on an Industrial Scale - Duration: 4:28. NakedScientists 5,317 views ...
Global 3D CAD IndustryChemical * Construction & Building * HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning) * Machine Tools, Metalworking and ... 5. RECENT INDUSTRY ACTIVITY..............II-24 Polar 3D Takes over STEAMtax..............II-24 3D Systems Takes over Cimatron ... 1. INDUSTRY OVERVIEW.............. II-1 3D CAD - Expanding the Realms in Design Agility II-1 Outlook.............. II-2 ... II-20 Utility of 3D CAD in Construction Industry Briefings II-20 Significance of CAD in Presentations II-20 Uses of 3D CAD in ...
Advanced Chemical Industries (ACI): ৳ 238 Million http://www.aci-bd.Highly hazardous chemical: A highly hazardous chemical is a substance classified by the American Occupational Safety and Health Administration as material that is both toxic and reactive and whose potential for human injury is high if released. Highly hazardous chemicals may cause cancer, birth defects, induce genetic damage, cause miscarriage, injury and death from relatively small exposures.Occupational hygiene: Occupational (or "industrial" in the U.S.Pocket petList of tobacco-related topics: Nicotiana is the genus of herbs and shrubs which is cultivated to produce tobacco products.Pharmaceutical manufacturing: Drug manufacturing is the process of industrial-scale synthesis of pharmaceutical drugs by pharmaceutical companies. The process of drug manufacturing can be broken down into a series of unit operations, such as milling, granulation, coating, tablet pressing, and others.
(1/673) A comparison of the reproductive physiology of largemouth bass, Micropterus salmoides, collected from the Escambia and Blackwater Rivers in Florida.
Largemouth bass (LMB), Micropterus salmoides, were taken from the Escambia River (contaminated site) and the Blackwater River (reference site) near Pensacola, Florida. The Escambia River collection occurred downstream of the effluent from two identified point sources of pollution. These point sources included a coal-fired electric power plant and a chemical company. Conversely, the Blackwater River's headwaters and most of its length flow within a state park. Although there is some development on the lower part of the Blackwater River, fish were collected in the more pristine upper regions. Fish were captured by electroshocking and were maintained in aerated coolers. Physical measurements were obtained, blood was taken, and liver and gonads were removed. LMB plasma was assayed for the concentration of 17ss-estradiol (E2) and testosterone using validated radioimmunoassays. The presence of vitellogenin was determined by gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) and Western blotting using a monoclonal antibody validated for largemouth bass vitellogenin. No differences in plasma concentrations of E2 or testosterone were observed in females from the two sites. Similarly, males exhibited no difference in plasma E2. However, plasma testosterone was lower in the males from the contaminated site, as compared to the reference site. Vitellogenic males occurred only at the contaminated site. Additionally, liver mass was proportionately higher in males from the contaminated site, as compared to males from the reference site. These data suggest that reproductive steroid levels may have been altered by increased hepatic enzyme activity, and the presence of vitellogenic males indicates that an exogenous source of estrogen was present in the Escambia River. (+info)
(2/673) Persistent respiratory effects in survivors of the Bhopal disaster.
OBJECTIVE: To examine the role of exposure to the 1984 Bhopal gas leak in the development of persistent obstructive airways disease. DESIGN: Cross sectional survey. SETTING: Bhopal, India. SUBJECTS: Random sample of 454 adults stratified by distance of residence from the Union Carbide plant. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Self reported respiratory symptoms; indices of lung function measured by simple spirometry and adjusted for age, sex, and height according to Indian derived regression equations. RESULTS: Respiratory symptoms were significantly more common and lung function (percentage predicted forced expiratory volume in one second (FEV1), forced vital capacity (FVC), forced expiratory flow between 25% and 75% of vital capacity (FEF25-75), and FEV1/FEV ratio) was reduced among those reporting exposure to the gas leak. The frequency of symptoms fell as exposure decreased (as estimated by distance lived from the plant), and lung function measurements displayed similar trends. These findings were not wholly accounted for by confounding by smoking or literacy, a measure of socioeconomic status. Lung function measurements were consistently lower in those reporting symptoms. CONCLUSION: Our results suggest that persistent small airways obstruction among survivors of the 1984 disaster may be attributed to gas exposure. (+info)
(3/673) Measurement of some potentially hazardous materials in the atmosphere of rubber factories.
Two separate topics of work are outlined: methods for the measurement of chlorinated monomers in PVC and polychloroprene, and also methods for the measurement of these materials in factory air. Typical results which have been obtained in supplies of raw materials, in finished products, and in the working atmosphere at manufacturing operations are given. The second topic concerns the measurement of benzo[a]pyrene in the atmosphere of a tire manufacturing plant. This material is present in trace quantities in the mineral oils and carbon blacks used by the industry. The atmospheric concentrations present at various processes in this plant were measured on a daily basis over a period of two years, and the results obtained compared with results taken concurrently from an outside air station. It is shown that no significant quantities of benzo[a]pyrene are produced by tire manufacturing operations. (+info)
(4/673) Chronic diseases in the rubber industry.
An overview is presented of epidemiologic studies of chronic diseases in the rubber industry. Analyses of the mortality experience during the period 1964-1972 of workers age 40-64 and retirees age 65-84 of two large rubber and tire manufacturing companies consistently disclosed excesses of deaths attributed to leukemia and lymphosarcoma, and for cancers of the stomach, large intestine, and prostate. The relation of site-specific malignancies to work histories and grouped occupational titles as surrogate measures of work-related exposures to possible carcinogens is described. There was no evidence of company-wide, sizable, consistent excess for the other major chronic diseases causes of death. Although a total cohort deficit in the mortality rate for lung cancer was found, there was a history of increased frequency of exposure to certain work areas among lung cancer decedents. Morbidity studies, including analysis of disability retirements, and ad hoc questionnaire and health testing surveys, disclosed excesses of chronic pulmonary diseases. There was evidence of an interactive effect in the association of work and smoking histories with pulmonary disability retirement. (+info)
(5/673) Mortality and cancer morbidity in a group of Swedish VCM and PCV production workers.
The cohort of workers employed in a Swedish vinyl chloride/poly(vinyl chloride) plant since its start in the early 1940's has been followed for mortality and cancer morbidity patterns. Only 21 of the 771 persons could not be traced. Difficulties in establishing exposure levels at different work areas in the past makes an evaluation of dose-effect relationships impossible. A four- to fivefold excess of pancreas/liver tumors was found, including two cases later classified as angiosarcomas of the liver. The number of brain tumors and suicide do not deviate significantly from expected. Cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases, on the other hand, differ significantly from the expected. The discrepancies between previous reports on VCM/PVC workers and this report are discussed. The possible etiology of the cardiovascular deaths is also discussed. (+info)
(6/673) Clinical studies of styrene workers: initial findings.
Styrene monomer is a high volume chemical used chiefly in production of polystyrene. A clinical survey of 493 production workers was undertaken at the oldest and largest monomer production, polymerization, and extrusion facility in the U.S. Relative exposure durations and levels were obtained from occupational histories. Significant differences between the high and low exposure groups were found with regard to history of acute prenarcotic symptoms, acute lower respiratory symptoms, prevalence of FEV 1/FV less than 75 per cent, and elevated GCTP. Other liver function tests, chest x-ray, FVC less than 80 per cent, and hematological parameters showed no distinct pattern. A concomitant mortality study has been mounted and is in progress. (+info)
(7/673) Malignant tumors of the liver and lungs in an area with a PVC industry.
The incidence of malignant tumors of the lung and bronchus and of cytologically confirmed primary malignant tumor of the liver was analyzed for a 4-yr period in a city with several factories, including a PVC industry. Prior to the study two cases of angio-sarcoma of the liver were diagnosed in workers employed in PVC production. The total incidence of analyzed tumors was only slightly higher than predicted. The tumors of the liver recorded did not show any dependence on place of work or residence. During the period of observation, malignant tumors of the bronchus (lung) were not recorded in the PVC industry. Their rate in the area in which the PVC industry is situated was approximately the same as that for the entire city area. The study does not indicate that the occurrence of malignant tumors other than angiosarcoma is associated with exposure to vinyl chloride. (+info)
(8/673) Health hazards in the production and processing of some fibers, resins, and plastics in Bulgaria.
Results of the toxicological studies of working conditions, general and professional morbidity, and complex examinations carried out on workers engaged in the production of polyamides, polyacrylonitrile fibers, polyester fibers and poly (vinyl chloride) resin, urea-formaldehyde glue, glass fibre materials and polyurethane resins are given. An extremely high occupational hazard for workers in the production of poly (vinyl chloride) resin and porous materials from polyurethane resins and urea-formaldehyde glue has been established. Cases of vinyl chloride disease, poisoning from formaldehyde, isocyanates, and styrene were noted. Prophylactic measures were taken in Bulgaria to lessen the occupational hazard in the productions as set forth included limitation of the work day to 6 hr, free food, additional bonus and leave, and annual physical examinations of workers. (+info)
- The simplest organic chemicals are the saturated hydrocarbons methane (CH 4 ), ethane (C 2 H 6 or H 3 C−CH 3 ), propane (H 3 C−CH 2 −CH 3 ), and others. (britannica.com)
- Ethylene, one of the largest volume organic chemicals, can be produced either together with acetylene or with propylene. (britannica.com)
- This paper will present case studies of three different organic chemicals and pesticide plants which have gone through studies, design and construction during the last year and successfully reduced pollutant concentrations to recyclable levels. (asce.org)
- Regulations for both direct and indirect discharges have become so stringent in order to protect the environment that wastewater treatment and effluent levels in the organics chemicals industry and many other industries are below the acceptable reporting limits established by OSHA and SARA. (asce.org)
- Specialty chemicals cover industrial gases coatings, electronic chemicals, adhesives and sealants. (wallstreetpit.com)
- The entire US chemical industry is broadly divided into four segments - basic chemicals, life sciences, specialty chemicals and consumer products. (wallstreetpit.com)
- Some of the specialty chemical processes at a major chemical manufacturer's plant result in considerable HCl loading in the off-gas. (environmental-expert.com)
- Appendix A-List of highly hazardous chemicals, toxics and reactives (mandatory). (wa.gov)
- Catastrophic release" means a major uncontrolled emission, fire, or explosion, involving one or more highly hazardous chemicals, that presents serious danger to employees in the workplace. (wa.gov)
- Highly hazardous chemical" means a substance possessing toxic, reactive, flammable, or explosive properties and specified by WAC 296-67-001 (2)(a). (wa.gov)
- Process" means any activity involving a highly hazardous chemical including any use, storage, manufacturing, handling, or the on-site movement of such chemicals, or combination of these activities. (wa.gov)
- For purposes of this definition, any group of vessels which are interconnected and separate vessels which are located such that a highly hazardous chemical could be involved in a potential release shall be considered a single process. (wa.gov)
- It is made from propylene by a process similar to that used to convert ethylene to ethanol, and manufacture of 2-propanol by this process initiated the petrochemical industry in the 1920s. (britannica.com)
- Growth Opportunities in the Vinyl Ester Resin Market Trends, opportunities and forecast in this market to 2022 by chemistry (bisphenol-A vinyl ester, novolac vinyl ester, brominated vinyl ester, and other chemistry), end use industry (FRP, paint and coatings and others), and region (North America, Euro. (lucintel.com)
- In North America, we expect chemical production to rise notably this year, however production levels are likely to remain below pre-recession levels. (wallstreetpit.com)
- Of these, basic chemicals or commodity chemicals form the largest segment and includes products like polymers, petrochemicals, plastics and inorganic chemicals, as well as fertilizers. (wallstreetpit.com)
- Inorganic chemicals include acids like phosphoric, nitric and sulfuric, as well as caustic soda, chlorine and soda ash. (wallstreetpit.com)
- The chlorine industry is already using this, but the opportunities for other applications have not yet been exploited, for various reasons: there are not enough demonstration cases, there is insufficient familiarity with the benefits of electrochemistry, there are not enough equipment suppliers, and until recently Electrochemical Engineering figured only briefly as a subject in educational curricula. (tno.nl)
- This section contains requirements for preventing or minimizing the consequences of catastrophic releases of toxic, reactive, flammable, or explosive chemicals. (wa.gov)
- about half of the production goes to making formaldehyde (CH 2 O), a very reactive chemical with a large number of uses. (britannica.com)
- The recovering global economy has resulted in improved demand for chemicals in several end markets. (wallstreetpit.com)
- Growing emerging markets should propel production in the paper and textile industry while the electrical industry is expected to pick up with increased industrial investment. (wallstreetpit.com)
- One of the great challenges facing the chemical industry is to become more competitive by specializing and serving niche markets. (tno.nl)
- Acetylene and ethylene have been in competition for chemical industrial uses. (britannica.com)
- Ethanol could have been shown in Figure 3 between ethylene and the block containing acetaldehyde and several related chemicals. (britannica.com)
- One of the areas of research is electrosynthesis, i.e. directly converting electricity into chemicals using existing technologies such as electrochemistry, membrane technology and separation technology. (tno.nl)
- Rest of the chemical demand comes from the agriculture, architectural and industrial coatings, paper and textile, electronics and other industries. (wallstreetpit.com)
- All industries produce some type of waste product, either from production, maintanance or both. (environmental-expert.com)
- About 10% of chemical demand comes from the housing sector and another 10% from the auto sector. (wallstreetpit.com)
- However, the automotive industry has started showing signs of recovery while the housing sector continues to be sluggish. (wallstreetpit.com)
- In 2014 ECN and TNO started work for the Ministry of Economic Affairs and the Chemical Industry 'top sector' on a programme to electrify the chemical industry with the aim of reducing energy costs and creating new high-quality products. (tno.nl)
- contrasted with these are the aliphatics, of which a number of quite simple chemicals are of industrial importance. (britannica.com)
- The chemical industry comprises of companies engaged in the processing and refinement of agricultural and industrial chemicals as well as gases. (wallstreetpit.com)
- The chemical industry was particularly affected by weak industrial demand in the second half of 2008 and in the first half of 2009. (wallstreetpit.com)
- Carbon black is one of the most important industrial chemical products. (britannica.com)
- Priority pollutant behaviour in on-site treatment systems for industrial wastewaters The majority of wastewaters deriving from the chemical industry consist of aqueous discharges produced during the physico-chemical processing of synthetic mixtures involving operations such as filtration, centrifugation, extraction and/or distillation. (environmental-expert.com)
- Industrial pollution is one of the major concerns of industries and environment protection agencies worldwide. (environmental-expert.com)
- The chemical industry is a large consumer of oil, naphtha and natural gas, which are widely used as energy and feedstock input. (wallstreetpit.com)
- It is most familiar as the active constituent of fermented beverages, but it is also widely used in industry. (britannica.com)
- The technical advantages have assisted the industries to reduce water pollution to a certain level. (environmental-expert.com)
- C1 chemistry is all about converting CO2 into chemicals, or directly converting greenhouse gases into useful products, again reducing the CO2 footprint. (tno.nl)
- Pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, biological substance, animal health products and crop protection chemicals including herbicides, insecticides and fungicides form the Life sciences segment. (wallstreetpit.com)
- As a proactive and sustainable company, NXP has decided to publish chemical content information of its product portfolio through direct Internet access. (nxp.com)
- How can we use sustainable electricity in the chemical industry, both directly and indirectly? (tno.nl)
- Chemical oxygen demand (COD) emission is considered the most important water pollutant. (environmental-expert.com)
- A multitude of chemical and petroleum processing facilities across the country are now faced with having to meet new National Emission Standards for Miscellaneous Organic Chemical Manufacturing. (environmental-expert.com)
- Large cash flows, which should benefit from cost-cutting efforts and healthier balance sheets should support growth opportunities for chemical producers in the offing. (wallstreetpit.com)
- These are useful as fuels but are chemically rather unreactive, and so in order to process them to give further chemicals, they are "cracked" by a heat treatment to convert them to unsaturated hydrocarbons. (britannica.com)
- As flow and load to the plant are highly variable depending on the production process an aerated mixing and balancing reactor has been installed to equalise flow and load before final chemical pre-treatment. (environmental-expert.com)
- The drop in production in the chemical industry has been almost in sync with lower production in the key customer industries of housing, construction, automotive, electrical, furniture and paper. (wallstreetpit.com)
- 5 million in cash and is fully leased to Uniqema, a subsidiary of publicly traded Imperial Chemical Industries plc , focused on developing technologies to improve the performance and value of consumer products. (thefreedictionary.com)
- discusses demand and supply scenarios in the industry and much more.Here is a list of our latest market reports. (lucintel.com)
- Chemical giant BASF is expecting about 10% growth in the US chemical industry on the back of rising demand for exports. (wallstreetpit.com)
- Given that the rate of recovery in demand is slow, chemical companies have had to resort to plant shutdowns and right sizing, resulting in meaningful improvements in their bottom lines. (wallstreetpit.com)
- Air emissions in many cases are a waste of valuable natural resources that should have become useful chemicals. (environmental-expert.com)
- Chemicals are used to make a wide variety of consumer goods besides being necessary in the agriculture, manufacturing, construction and services industries. (wallstreetpit.com)
- The many processes used to manufacture semiconductors are complex and delicate, and require a variety of specialized chemicals and materials. (nxp.com)
- The European Union and the U.S. house the world's largest chemical companies. (wallstreetpit.com)
- Other industries, including food and agriculture, are also likely to gain momentum with the recovering economy. (wallstreetpit.com)
- As a result of recent leak detection and repair (LDAR) audits and the associated issues (as described in the Winter 2009 issue of Environmental Quarterly), EPA is initiating enhanced LDAR programs as part of the most recent consent decrees.1 The enhanced LDAR programs for chemical facilities are more stringent than the enhanced LDAR previously required for the petroleum refining industry. (environmental-expert.com)
- The terms methyl alcohol and methanol are synonymous, the former being used more in Great Britain and the latter expression universal in United States industry. (britannica.com)
- In fact, we follow some of the toughest practical standards in the industry. (nxp.com)
- Imperial Chemical Industries PLC (options/stock symbol: ICI) was allocated to GPZ Trading. (thefreedictionary.com)
- The construction industry, however, is expected to remain weak. (wallstreetpit.com)
- We expect a slow recovery in global chemical production after a sharp decline in the last couple of years. (wallstreetpit.com)
- We track our usage of chemicals in our company-wide Chemical Management program, which registers and classifies the chemical substances we handle. (nxp.com)
- AC: Could you please provide our readers with a brief introduction to the industries that Anguil Environmental works within? (environmental-expert.com)