Body Height: The distance from the sole to the crown of the head with body standing on a flat surface and fully extended.Spinal Fractures: Broken bones in the vertebral column.Anthropometry: The technique that deals with the measurement of the size, weight, and proportions of the human or other primate body.Thoracic Vertebrae: A group of twelve VERTEBRAE connected to the ribs that support the upper trunk region.Lumbar Vertebrae: VERTEBRAE in the region of the lower BACK below the THORACIC VERTEBRAE and above the SACRAL VERTEBRAE.Fractures, Compression: Crumbling or smashing of cancellous BONE by forces acting parallel to the long axis of bone. It is applied particularly to vertebral body fractures (SPINAL FRACTURES). (Blauvelt and Nelson, A Manual of Orthopedic Terminology, 1994, p4)Somatotypes: Particular categories of body build, determined on the basis of certain physical characteristics. The three basic body types are ectomorph (thin physique), endomorph (rounded physique), and mesomorph (athletic physique).Body Weight: The mass or quantity of heaviness of an individual. It is expressed by units of pounds or kilograms.Vertebroplasty: Procedures to repair or stabilize vertebral fractures, especially compression fractures accomplished by injecting BONE CEMENTS into the fractured VERTEBRAE.Kyphosis: Deformities of the SPINE characterized by an exaggerated convexity of the vertebral column. The forward bending of the thoracic region usually is more than 40 degrees. This deformity sometimes is called round back or hunchback.Fractures, Spontaneous: Fractures occurring as a result of disease of a bone or from some undiscoverable cause, and not due to trauma. (Dorland, 27th ed)Kyphoplasty: Procedures to restore vertebrae to their original shape following vertebral compression fractures by inflating a balloon inserted into the vertebrae, followed by removal of the balloon and injection of BONE CEMENTS to fill the cavity.Body Mass Index: An indicator of body density as determined by the relationship of BODY WEIGHT to BODY HEIGHT. BMI=weight (kg)/height squared (m2). BMI correlates with body fat (ADIPOSE TISSUE). Their relationship varies with age and gender. For adults, BMI falls into these categories: below 18.5 (underweight); 18.5-24.9 (normal); 25.0-29.9 (overweight); 30.0 and above (obese). (National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)Spine: The spinal or vertebral column.Sex Characteristics: Those characteristics that distinguish one SEX from the other. The primary sex characteristics are the OVARIES and TESTES and their related hormones. Secondary sex characteristics are those which are masculine or feminine but not directly related to reproduction.Regression Analysis: Procedures for finding the mathematical function which best describes the relationship between a dependent variable and one or more independent variables. In linear regression (see LINEAR MODELS) the relationship is constrained to be a straight line and LEAST-SQUARES ANALYSIS is used to determine the best fit. In logistic regression (see LOGISTIC MODELS) the dependent variable is qualitative rather than continuously variable and LIKELIHOOD FUNCTIONS are used to find the best relationship. In multiple regression, the dependent variable is considered to depend on more than a single independent variable.Social Conditions: The state of society as it exists or in flux. While it usually refers to society as a whole in a specified geographical or political region, it is applicable also to restricted strata of a society.Sex Factors: Maleness or femaleness as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from SEX CHARACTERISTICS, anatomical or physiological manifestations of sex, and from SEX DISTRIBUTION, the number of males and females in given circumstances.Polymethyl Methacrylate: Polymerized methyl methacrylate monomers which are used as sheets, moulding, extrusion powders, surface coating resins, emulsion polymers, fibers, inks, and films (From International Labor Organization, 1983). This material is also used in tooth implants, bone cements, and hard corneal contact lenses.Intervertebral Disc: Any of the 23 plates of fibrocartilage found between the bodies of adjacent VERTEBRAE.NorwayReference Values: The range or frequency distribution of a measurement in a population (of organisms, organs or things) that has not been selected for the presence of disease or abnormality.PolandCross-Sectional Studies: Studies in which the presence or absence of disease or other health-related variables are determined in each member of the study population or in a representative sample at one particular time. This contrasts with LONGITUDINAL STUDIES which are followed over a period of time.Age Factors: Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.FinlandObesity: A status with BODY WEIGHT that is grossly above the acceptable or desirable weight, usually due to accumulation of excess FATS in the body. The standards may vary with age, sex, genetic or cultural background. In the BODY MASS INDEX, a BMI greater than 30.0 kg/m2 is considered obese, and a BMI greater than 40.0 kg/m2 is considered morbidly obese (MORBID OBESITY).Venous Thromboembolism: Obstruction of a vein or VEINS (embolism) by a blood clot (THROMBUS) in the blood stream.Body Composition: The relative amounts of various components in the body, such as percentage of body fat.Osteoporosis: Reduction of bone mass without alteration in the composition of bone, leading to fractures. Primary osteoporosis can be of two major types: postmenopausal osteoporosis (OSTEOPOROSIS, POSTMENOPAUSAL) and age-related or senile osteoporosis.Risk Factors: An aspect of personal behavior or lifestyle, environmental exposure, or inborn or inherited characteristic, which, on the basis of epidemiologic evidence, is known to be associated with a health-related condition considered important to prevent.Cohort Studies: Studies in which subsets of a defined population are identified. These groups may or may not be exposed to factors hypothesized to influence the probability of the occurrence of a particular disease or other outcome. Cohorts are defined populations which, as a whole, are followed in an attempt to determine distinguishing subgroup characteristics.JapanBody Size: The physical measurements of a body.Bone Density: The amount of mineral per square centimeter of BONE. This is the definition used in clinical practice. Actual bone density would be expressed in grams per milliliter. It is most frequently measured by X-RAY ABSORPTIOMETRY or TOMOGRAPHY, X RAY COMPUTED. Bone density is an important predictor for OSTEOPOROSIS.Absorptiometry, Photon: A noninvasive method for assessing BODY COMPOSITION. It is based on the differential absorption of X-RAYS (or GAMMA RAYS) by different tissues such as bone, fat and other soft tissues. The source of (X-ray or gamma-ray) photon beam is generated either from radioisotopes such as GADOLINIUM 153, IODINE 125, or Americanium 241 which emit GAMMA RAYS in the appropriate range; or from an X-ray tube which produces X-RAYS in the desired range. It is primarily used for quantitating BONE MINERAL CONTENT, especially for the diagnosis of OSTEOPOROSIS, and also in measuring BONE MINERALIZATION.SwedenGrowth Disorders: Deviations from the average values for a specific age and sex in any or all of the following: height, weight, skeletal proportions, osseous development, or maturation of features. Included here are both acceleration and retardation of growth.Follow-Up Studies: Studies in which individuals or populations are followed to assess the outcome of exposures, procedures, or effects of a characteristic, e.g., occurrence of disease.Aging: The gradual irreversible changes in structure and function of an organism that occur as a result of the passage of time.Prospective Studies: Observation of a population for a sufficient number of persons over a sufficient number of years to generate incidence or mortality rates subsequent to the selection of the study group.Growth: Gradual increase in the number, the size, and the complexity of cells of an individual. Growth generally results in increase in ORGAN WEIGHT; BODY WEIGHT; and BODY HEIGHT.Multivariate Analysis: A set of techniques used when variation in several variables has to be studied simultaneously. In statistics, multivariate analysis is interpreted as any analytic method that allows simultaneous study of two or more dependent variables.Tomography, X-Ray Computed: Tomography using x-ray transmission and a computer algorithm to reconstruct the image.Prevalence: The total number of cases of a given disease in a specified population at a designated time. It is differentiated from INCIDENCE, which refers to the number of new cases in the population at a given time.Reproducibility of Results: The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.Blood Pressure: PRESSURE of the BLOOD on the ARTERIES and other BLOOD VESSELS.Socioeconomic Factors: Social and economic factors that characterize the individual or group within the social structure.Retrospective Studies: Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Non-invasive method of demonstrating internal anatomy based on the principle that atomic nuclei in a strong magnetic field absorb pulses of radiofrequency energy and emit them as radiowaves which can be reconstructed into computerized images. The concept includes proton spin tomographic techniques.Incidence: The number of new cases of a given disease during a given period in a specified population. It also is used for the rate at which new events occur in a defined population. It is differentiated from PREVALENCE, which refers to all cases, new or old, in the population at a given time.Puberty: A period in the human life in which the development of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal system takes place and reaches full maturity. The onset of synchronized endocrine events in puberty lead to the capacity for reproduction (FERTILITY), development of secondary SEX CHARACTERISTICS, and other changes seen in ADOLESCENT DEVELOPMENT.Age Determination by Skeleton: Establishment of the age of an individual by examination of their skeletal structure.Body Weights and Measures: Measurements of the height, weight, length, area, etc., of the human and animal body or its parts.
Bobs Auto Body in Harker Heights, TX - YellowBotBobs Auto Body at PO Box 2356, Harker Heights, TX 76548 ... body repair body shop Body Shops car Car Body Paint Car Body ... auto Auto Body auto body & collision repair Auto Body and Paint Auto Body Paint & Repair Auto Body Repair Auto Body Repair & ... Painting Automobile Body Painting Automobile Body Repairing Automobile Body Repairing & Painting Automobile Body Repairing and ... Bobs Auto Body. Address. PO Box 2356 Harker Heights TX 76548 Phone. (254) 690-1501 Visit:. bobsautobody.com ...
K&N Universal Chrome Air Filter 50mm Flange Inside Diameter, 174mm Body x 148mm Top Outside Diameter, 60mm HeightK&N Universal Chrome Air Filter 50mm Flange Inside Diameter, 174mm Body x 148mm Top Outside Diameter, 60mm Height. RC-5054,KN- ...
Lactase Persistence and Lactase Non-Persistence : Prevalence, influence on body fat, body height, and relation to the metabolic...Lactase Persistence and Lactase Non-Persistence: Prevalence, influence on body fat, body height, and relation to the metabolic ... 3. Milk consumption and body height in preadolescent and adolescent children. Open this publication in new window or tab ,,Milk ... 2. Body fat and dairy product intake in lactase persistent and non-persistent children and adolescents. Open this publication ... consumption and body height in preadolescent and adolescent children. Almon, Ricardo. Örebro University, School of Health and ...
JERSEY CITY LIST - Re: Body found wrapped in bag on Jersey City street (The Heights) [Crime & Safety]... then dumped her body in Jersey City: authoritiesBy Caitlin Mota , The Jersey Journalon May 01, ... Board index » Jersey City, NJ » Crime & Safety » Body found wrapped in bag on Jersey City street (The Heights) ... Board index » Jersey City, NJ » Crime & Safety » Body found wrapped in bag on Jersey City street (The Heights) ... Re: Body found wrapped in bag on Jersey City street (The Heights) ... Body found wrapped in bag on Jersey City street (The Heights). ...
Dearborn Heights Auto Body N' Collision Centers | Dearborn Heights Michigan Automotive DirectoryIncluding Dearborn Heights car repair shops, body repair stores and Michigan general car care. Our Dearborn Heights automotive ... Find auto repair specialists right there in Dearborn Heights Michigan where you live. ... iautobodyparts.com can tell you just what Dearborn Heights Michigan auto body repair shops, collision centers and auto body ... Home :: Auto Body Repair :: Detroit Auto Body Repair & Collision Centers :: Detroit Auto Body Repair & Collision Centers ...
Height Bra Size Body MeasurementsHeight Bra Size Body Measurements. The Place for comprehensive collection of Bio and Vital Stats of People. Menu. Skip to ... Height: 5′ 11". Weight: 160 lbs. Eye Color: Brown. Hair Color: Black. ... a new talent by GMA he already received several awards from different award giving bodies, he received 1st Filipino Amazing ...
Height Bra Size Body MeasurementsHeight Bra Size Body Measurements. The Place for comprehensive collection of Bio and Vital Stats of People. Menu. Skip to ...
Usher's Height, Weight And Body Measurements... but now it's time to check out Usher's height, weight & body measurements ... How Tall is Kevin Hart - Height and Body MeasurementsHow Tall is Taylor Swift - Height and Body MeasurementsVin Diesel Wife, ... Usher's Body Measurements. In addition to Usher's height and weight, here is a summary of his body measurements. ... Shoe SizeKylie Jenner Height, Weight, Bra SizeBeyonce Height, Weight, Bra and Dress SizeLebron James Height, Weight and Stats ...
Paisley Hunter Weight Height Body Stats2017 body stats. Current height - 5' 6¼', weight, date of birth, zodiac, background information, biography. ...
The Quest for Height: Grow Taller | Increase Height | Bone Size: The genes associated with human height developmentAdult height is a model polygenic trait, but there has been limited success in identifying the genes underlying its normal variation. To identify genetic variants influencing adult human height, we used genome-wide association data from 13,665 individuals and genotyped 39 variants in an additional 16,482 samples. We identified 20 variants associated with adult height (P , 5 × 10−7, with 10 reachingP , 1 × 10−10). Combined, the 20 SNPs explain ~3% of height variation, with a ~5 cm difference between the 6.2% of people with 17 or fewer 'tall' alleles compared to the 5.5% with 27 or more 'tall' alleles. The loci we identified implicate genes in Hedgehog signaling (IHH, HHIP, PTCH1), extracellular matrix (EFEMP1, ADAMTSL3, ACAN) and cancer (CDK6, HMGA2, DLEU7) pathways, and provide new insights into human growth and developmental processes. Finally, our results provide insights into the genetic architecture of a classic quantitative trait ...
Daily dose for kids: January 2013The negative effects on adult height were greater for children who were younger when they enrolled in the trial, but these differences were not significant. The investigators found that the difference in growth velocity occurred primarily in prepubertal children who were 5-10 years of age at enrollment. The evaluation of cumulative dose also demonstrated a dose-response effect. Patients who received higher daily doses of inhaled steroids during the treatment had a correspondingly greater reduction in their average adult height. Other factors associated with a lower adult height were Hispanic ethnicity and female sex as well as skin test reactivity and vitamin D insufficiency. Of interest, cumulative prednisone exposure during the treatment phase was not associated with differences in adult height. The height difference ultimately displayed by the children resulted from differences in their growth velocity in the first 2 ...
Am I average height and weight for a 16 year old? - relationship adviceI see alot of the people on here are taller than me.I am rather short 4'9.My parents tried medication to see if i would grow any taller but none worked.So i must have been dstined to be this height.The worst thing is my little sister she is 15 and i am 22.Well she is 5'8 and being nearly a foot taller doesnt help me if i try to tell her off she just says go and grow up.My doctor says my short height is from my mums side.I mean my parents are both 5'9,but my nan just happen to be 4'10.I used to love seeing her when i had problems.My aunt also was 5'0 and very protective of me.I have always been the shortest around all my family out of all my cousins has well.My cousin who is 15 like my sister she is 5'9 so she is way up there and still growing,just like my sister she is still growing.I couldnt tell you how much trouble being this short is.There is the looking really young bit i mean i look like a 8 yr old and has tall.When out shopping i can never buy decent clothes ...
KR4BS - Adolescent Size - Wide | Adaptivemall.comAvailable at Adaptivemall.com. This walker fits children in a target height range of 54'-67' that use Hip-Knee-Ankle-Foot Orthoses, and has a handle height adjustment range of 28.5'-36'. To Find the Correct Walker Size, measure the user from the floor to mid-buttocks, and match that distance with the handle height adjustment. If you don't find a 'fit' based on your measurement (28.5-36'), proceed to another size grouping to find an appropriate fit. Model KR4BS has 2 front swivel wheels, and 2 rear fixed-direction wheels.
search-results-example · Microformats Wikitable border=0 cellpadding=0 width=1% cellspacing=0 align=center,,tr align=center valign=top, ,td valign=bottom nowrap, ,font size=-1,Result Page: ,/font, ,td nowrap,,img src=/nav_first.gif width=18 height=26 alt="",,br, ,td nowrap,,img src=/nav_current.gif width=16 height=26 alt="",,br,,span class=i,1,/span, ,td nowrap,,a href=/search?q=microformats&hl=en&lr=&start=10&sa=N,,img src=/nav_page.gif width=16 height=26 alt="" border=0,,br,2,/a, ,td nowrap,,a href=/search?q=microformats&hl=en&lr=&start=20&sa=N,,img src=/nav_page.gif width=16 height=26 alt="" border=0,,br,3,/a, ,td nowrap,,a href=/search?q=microformats&hl=en&lr=&start=30&sa=N,,img src=/nav_page.gif width=16 height=26 alt="" border=0,,br,4,/a, ,td nowrap,,a href=/search?q=microformats&hl=en&lr=&start=40&sa=N,,img src=/nav_page.gif width=16 height=26 alt="" border=0,,br,5,/a, ,td nowrap,,a href=/search?q=microformats&hl=en&lr=&start=50&sa=N,,img ...
BEST REVIEW - TOP 17 HEIGHT INCREASE METHODS AUGUST 2017CLICK HERE TO READ Best Review - Top 17 height increase methods, a Top Best Review by Tarin, posted on 10/6/2010 at BEST-REVIEWER.COM with the tags height increase, grow taller under the category Health. Updated: 08/16/2017 - 14:28.
getComputedStyle... is a method within the DOM Style specification which provides access to the final computed style of any element within a document. This is helpful because frequently styles may apply to an element from multiple sources. Using the computed style lets you know all of the final styles and final absolute values which applied to the element. currentStyle is an older API which IE previously supported to retrieve the cascaded style of an element. Cascaded style values are similar to computed values however, they are not always returned in absolute values. For example, in this page, the cascaded value of the width of the source div is 75% but the computed value is given in terms of pixels and will change if you change the width of the page. Another difference to notice between computed and current values is for the height of the source div. The computed height is given in pixel units but the cascaded height simply has a value of 'auto' as it is actually not ...
Waterladder pumpSpinal fractureClay-shoveler fracture: Clay-shoveler's fracture is a stable fracture through the spinous process of a vertebra occurring at any of the lower cervical or upper thoracic vertebrae, classically at C6 or C7. In Australia in the 1930s, men digging deep ditches tossed clay 10 to 15 feet above their heads using long handled shovels.Vesselplasty: Vesselplasty is a surgical alternative in the treatment of vertebral compression fractures (VCFs). It is an image-guided procedure that requires conscious sedations and either general or local anesthesia.Indian National Trade Union Congress: Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC) is the trade union wing of the Indian National Congress. It was founded 3 May 1947, and is affiliated with the International Trade Union Confederation.Percutaneous vertebroplastyRegression dilution: Regression dilution, also known as regression attenuation, is the biasing of the regression slope towards zero (or the underestimation of its absolute value), caused by errors in the independent variable.Intervertebral disc damage and spaceflight: Astronauts have expressed an increased incidence of back pain during spaceflight and herniated intervertebral discs (IVD) have been diagnosed upon return of Skylab and Shuttle spaceflight participants.Hospital of Southern Norway: [[Sørlandet Hospital Arendal, seen from the north.|thumb|200px]]Katowice International Fair: Katowice International Fair () is an international trade fair in Katowice and one of the largest in Poland (the largest being the Poznań International Fair). Few dozen events are organized there each year, with the participation of some 4,500 companies.Age adjustment: In epidemiology and demography, age adjustment, also called age standardization, is a technique used to allow populations to be compared when the age profiles of the populations are quite different.Australia–Finland relations: Australia–Finland relations are foreign relations between the Australia and Finland. Diplomatic relations were established on 31 May 1949.Classification of obesity: Obesity is a medical condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to the extent that it has an adverse effect on health.WHO 2000 p.World Osteoporosis Day: World Osteoporosis Day is observed annually on 20 October, and launches a year-long campaign dedicated to raising global awareness of the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and metabolic bone disease. Organized by the International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF), World Osteoporosis Day involves campaigns by national osteoporosis patient societies from around the world with activities in over 90 countries.QRISK: QRISK2 (the most recent version of QRISK) is a prediction algorithm for cardiovascular disease (CVD) that uses traditional risk factors (age, systolic blood pressure, smoking status and ratio of total serum cholesterol to high-density lipoprotein cholesterol) together with body mass index, ethnicity, measures of deprivation, family history, chronic kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, atrial fibrillation, diabetes mellitus, and antihypertensive treatment.Niigata UniversityRestricted isometry property: In linear algebra, the restricted isometry property characterizes matrices which are nearly orthonormal, at least when operating on sparse vectors. The concept was introduced by Emmanuel Candès and Terence TaoE.Quantitative computed tomographyClimate change in Sweden: The issue of climate change has received significant public and political attention in Sweden and the mitigation of its effects has been high on the agenda of the two latest Governments of Sweden, the previous Cabinet of Göran Persson (-2006) and the current Cabinet of Fredrik Reinfeldt (2006-). Sweden aims for an energy supply system with zero net atmospheric greenhouse gas emissions by 2050.Idiopathic short statureDense artery sign: In medicine, the dense artery sign or hyperdense artery sign is a radiologic sign seen on computer tomography (CT) scans suggestive of early ischemic stroke. In earlier studies of medical imaging in patients with strokes, it was the earliest sign of ischemic stroke in a significant minority of cases.Generalizability theory: Generalizability theory, or G Theory, is a statistical framework for conceptualizing, investigating, and designing reliable observations. It is used to determine the reliability (i.Aortic pressure: Central aortic blood pressure (CAP or CASP) is the blood pressure at the root of aorta. Studies have shown the importance of central aortic pressure and its implications in assessing the efficacy of antihypertensive treatment with respect to cardiovascular risk factors.HyperintensityIncidence (epidemiology): Incidence is a measure of the probability of occurrence of a given medical condition in a population within a specified period of time. Although sometimes loosely expressed simply as the number of new cases during some time period, it is better expressed as a proportion or a rate with a denominator.Spermaturia: Spermaturia is a human disease characterized by the presence of sperm in the urine.Pedersen, J.John A. Pyle
(1/4132) Effect of growth hormone treatment on adult height of children with idiopathic short stature. Genentech Collaborative Group.
BACKGROUND: Short-term administration of growth hormone to children with idiopathic short stature results in increases in growth rate and standard-deviation scores for height. However, the effect of long-term growth hormone therapy on adult height in these children is unknown. METHODS: We studied 121 children with idiopathic short stature, all of whom had an initial height below the third percentile, low growth rates, and maximal stimulated serum concentrations of growth hormone of at least 10 microg per liter. The children were treated with growth hormone (0.3 mg per kilogram of body weight per week) for 2 to 10 years. Eighty of these children have reached adult height, with a bone age of at least 16 years in the boys and at least 14 years in the girls, and pubertal stage 4 or 5. The difference between the predicted adult height before treatment and achieved adult height was compared with the corresponding difference in three untreated normal or short-statured control groups. RESULTS: In the 80 children who have reached adult height, growth hormone treatment increased the mean standard-deviation score for height (number of standard deviations from the mean height for chronologic age) from -2.7 to -1.4. The mean (+/-SD) difference between predicted adult height before treatment and achieved adult height was +5.0+/-5.1 cm for boys and +5.9+/-5.2 cm for girls. The difference between predicted and achieved adult height among treated boys was 9.2 cm greater than the corresponding difference among untreated boys with initial standard-deviation scores of less than -2, and the difference among treated girls was 5.7 cm greater than the difference among untreated girls. CONCLUSION: Long-term administration of growth hormone to children with idiopathic short stature can increase adult height to a level above the predicted adult height and above the adult height of untreated historical control children. (+info)
(2/4132) Short stature and cardiovascular disease among men and women from two southeastern New England communities.
BACKGROUND: Short stature has been associated with an increased risk of coronary heart disease (CHD), although the reason for the association remains unclear. Data on the relation between stature and stroke is more limited. We examined the association between stature and CHD as well as between stature and stroke in men and women from two communities in southeastern New England. METHODS: Coronary heart disease and stroke events were abstracted from medical records between January 1980 and December 1991. An epidemiological diagnostic algorithm developed to measure CHD was used in the present analysis. Unadjusted relative risks (RR) and RR adjusted for age, smoking status, obesity, high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol <0.91 mmol/l, total cholesterol >6.21 mmol/l, hypertension, diabetes, education, and being foreign born were computed by gender-specific height categories separately for men (n = 2826) and women (n = 3741). RESULTS: A graded inverse association between stature and risk of CHD was observed among men which persisted after adjustment for confounders. Men >69.75 inches had an 83% lower risk of CHD compared with men < or = 65 inches. In addition, the tallest men had a 67% decreased risk of stroke compared with the shortest men. No significant relation between stature and CHD or stroke was observed among women. CONCLUSIONS: These data support the hypothesis that stature is inversely related to both risk of CHD and stroke at least among men. Factors which might explain this association remain to be determined. (+info)
(3/4132) Long-term results of GH therapy in GH-deficient children treated before 1 year of age.
OBJECTIVES: To evaluate the long-term effects of GH therapy in early diagnosed GH-deficient patients treated before 1 year of age. STUDY DESIGN: We studied all 59 patients (33 males) recorded by Association France-Hypophyse and treated with GH (0.50+/-0.15 IU/kg (S.D.) per week) before 1 year of age. Clinical presentation and growth parameters under GH treatment were analyzed. RESULTS: Neonatal manifestations of hypopituitarism were frequent: hypoglycemia (n=50), jaundice (n=25) and micropenis (n=17/33). Although birth length was moderately reduced (-0.9+/-1.4), growth retardation at diagnosis (5.8+/-3.8 months) was severe (-3.5+/-1.9 standard deviation scores (SDS)). Fifty patients (85%) had thyrotropin and/or corticotropin deficiency. After a mean duration of GH therapy of 8.0+/-3.6 years, change in height SDS was +3.11+/-2.06 S.D., exceeding 4 SDS in 19 patients. Only 9 patients (15%) did not reach a height of -2 S.D. for chronological age and 20 patients (34%) exceeded their target height. Pretreatment height SDS was independently associated with total catch-up growth. CONCLUSION: Conventional doses of GH allow normalization of height in patients with early GH deficiency and treatment. (+info)
(4/4132) Changes in body composition and leptin levels during growth hormone (GH) treatment in short children with various GH secretory capacities.
OBJECTIVE: The aim of this study was to follow changes in body composition, estimated by dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA), in relation to changes in leptin during the first year of GH therapy in order to test the hypothesis that leptin is a metabolic signal involved in the regulation of GH secretion in children. DESIGN AND METHODS: In total, 33 prepubertal children were investigated. Their mean (S.D.) chronological age at the start of GH treatment was 11.5 (1.6) years, and their mean height was -2.33 (0.38) S.D. scores (SDS). GH was administered subcutaneously at a daily dose of 0.1 (n=26) or 0.2 (n=7) IU/kg body weight. Ten children were in the Swedish National Registry for children with GH deficiency, and twenty-three children were involved in trials of GH treatment for idiopathic short stature. Spontaneous 24-h GH secretion was studied in 32 of the children. In the 24-h GH profiles, the maximum level of GH was determined and the secretion rate estimated by deconvolution analysis (GHt). Serum leptin levels were measured at the start of GH treatment and after 10 and 30 days and 3, 6 and 12 months of treatment. Body composition measurements, by DXA, were performed at baseline and 12 months after the onset of GH treatment. RESULTS: After 12 months of GH treatment, mean height increased from -2.33 to -1.73 SDS and total body fat decreased significantly by 3.0 (3.3)%. Serum leptin levels were decreased significantly at all time points studied compared with baseline. There was a significant correlation between the change in total body fat and the change in serum leptin levels during the 12 months of GH treatment, whereas the leptin concentration per unit fat mass did not change. In a multiple stepwise linear regression analysis with 12 month change in leptin levels as the dependent variable, the percentage change in fat over 12 months, the baseline fat mass (%) of body mass and GHt accounted for 24.0%, 11.5% and 12.2% of the variability respectively. CONCLUSIONS: There are significant correlations between changes in leptin and fat and endogenous GH secretion in short children with various GH secretory capacities. Leptin may be the messenger by which the adipose tissue affects hypothalamic regulation of GH secretion. (+info)
(5/4132) Gender-specific differences in dialysis quality (Kt/V): 'big men' are at risk of inadequate haemodialysis treatment.
BACKGROUND: Inadequate dialysis dose is closely related to mortality and morbidity of maintenance haemodialysis (MHD) patients. According to the DOQI guidelines a minimum prescribed dialysis dose of single-pool Kt/V (Kt/Vsp)=1.3, equivalent to equilibrated double pool Kt/V (e-Kt/Vdp)=1.1, is recommended. Knowledge of patient-related risk factors for inadequate delivery of hacmodialysis would be helpful to select patient subgroups for intensive control ofdialysis adequacy. METHODS: A retrospective survey was conducted to assess the prevalence of inadequate dialysis dose according to DOQI criteria during a 7-month period. A total of 320 e-Kt/Vdp measurements in 62 MHD patients were evaluated (mean effective dialysis time 222+/-32 min). Residual renal function (RRF) was expressed as renal weekly Kt/V (r-Kt/Vweek) and included into assessment of total weekly renal and dialytic Kt/V (t-Kt/Vweek). RESULTS: Inadequacy (e-Kt/Vdp<1.10) was prevalent in 37.2% of all measurements and in 22/62 patients (35.5%). In 54% of underdialysed patients r-Kt/Vweek compensated for insufficient dialytic urea removal. Mean weekly Kt/V was inadequate (t-Kt/Vweek<3.30) in 12/62 patients (19.4%) of whom 91.7% (11/12) were male. Body-weight, urea distribution volume (UDV). and body-surface area (BSA) were significantly higher in inadequately is adequately dialysed males. UDV>42.0 litres or BSA>2.0 m2 and a lack of RRF (r-Kt/Vweek<0.3) put 'big men' at increased risk to receive an inadequate dose of dialysis. CONCLUSION: Our data identify patients at risk for inadequate haemodialysis treatment. Special attention should be focused on 'big men' with UDV>42.0 litres or BSA>2.0 m2. In this subset of patients frequent measurements of t-Kt/Vweek and assessment of RRF should be mandatory. (+info)
(6/4132) Variation in subglottic size in children.
The incidence of variation in the subglottic size was investigated in 3304 infants and children. A mild degree of congenital subglottic stenosis was found in 0.91% and a moderate degree of stenosis in 0.06% of the patients. A mild degree of congenital subglottic enlargement was noted in 0.7% and moderate enlargement in 0.06% of the patients. (+info)
(7/4132) Burden of infection on growth failure.
The high prevalence of infections among children living in poor areas of developing countries impairs linear growth in these populations. Acute, invasive infections, which provoke a systemic response (e.g., dysentery and pneumonia), and chronic infections, which affect the host over a sustained period (e.g., gut helminth infections), have a substantial effect on linear growth. Such infections can diminish linear growth by affecting nutritional status. This occurs because infections may decrease food intake, impair nutrient absorption, cause direct nutrient losses, increase metabolic requirements or catabolic losses of nutrients and, possibly, impair transport of nutrients to target tissues. In addition, induction of the acute phase response and production of proinflammatory cytokines may directly affect the process of bone remodeling that is required for long bone growth. Infection of cells directly involved in bone remodeling (osteoclasts or osteoblasts) by specific viruses may also directly affect linear growth. Many interventions are possible to diminish the effect of infection on growth. Prevention of disease through sanitation, vector control, promotion of breast-feeding and vaccination is crucial. Appropriate treatment of infections (e.g., antibiotics for pneumonia) as well as supportive nutritional therapy (again including breast-feeding) during and after recovery, is also important. Targeted therapeutic interventions to decrease the prevalence of gut helminth infections may also be appropriate in areas in which such infections are widespread. Such interventions are of public health benefit not only because they reduce the incidence or severity of infections, but also because they decrease the long-term detrimental effect of malnutrition on populations. (+info)
(8/4132) Predicting longitudinal growth curves of height and weight using ecological factors for children with and without early growth deficiency.
Growth curve models were used to examine the effect of genetic and ecological factors on changes in height and weight of 225 children from low income, urban families who were assessed up to eight times in the first 6 y of life. Children with early growth deficiency [failure to thrive (FTT)] (n = 127) and a community sample of children without growth deficiency (n = 98) were examined to evaluate how genetic, child and family characteristics influenced growth. Children of taller and heavier parents, who were recruited at younger ages and did not have a history of growth deficiency, had accelerated growth from recruitment through age 6 y. In addition, increases in height were associated with better health, less difficult temperament, nurturant mothers and female gender; increases in weight were associated with better health. Children with a history of growth deficiency demonstrated slower rates of growth than children in the community group without a history of growth deficiency. In the community group, changes in children's height and weight were related to maternal perceptions of health and temperament and maternal nurturance during feeding, whereas in the FTT group, maternal perceptions and behavior were not in synchrony with children's growth. These findings suggest that, in addition to genetic factors, growth is dependent on a nurturant and sensitive caregiving system. Interventions to promote growth should consider child and family characteristics, including maternal perceptions of children's health and temperament and maternal mealtime behavior. (+info)
- Though today is all about Usher's height, weight and body measurements, here a few real facts about him. (heightline.com)
- In addition to Usher's height and weight, here is a summary of his body measurements. (heightline.com)
- Though today is all about Neymar's height, weight and body measurements, let's take a few moments to check out a few facts about the athlete. (heightline.com)
- So, before we get started on the topic of Anna Kendrick's height, weight and body measurements, let's check out some cool facts about the actress herself. (heightline.com)
- Her slim figure, rectangular body shape ( shoulder, waist and hip measurements do not vary much) and flat tummy have become something we expect to see when we hear her name. (heightline.com)
- Before we dive right into the topic of Megan Fox height, weight and body measurements, let's take a few moments to check out some cool facts about the star. (heightline.com)
- In addition to Liam Hemsworth's height and weight, we have a summary of all his body measurements here for you. (heightline.com)
- So it's only fair that before we delve into the topic of Ben Stiller's height, weight and body measurements, that we check out a few fun facts about him. (heightline.com)
- Our aim is to create a comprehensive celebrity body measurements list. (hollywoodmeasurements.com)
- Today it's all about Ryan Gosling's height, weight and body measurements, but you know we won't get started on that without checking out some cool facts about the actor himself. (heightline.com)
- Well, we obviously need to get some facts about the actor straight, so before we check out Hugh Jackman's height, weight and his body measurements, here are a few facts about him. (heightline.com)
- Justin Bieber, Angelina Jolie, Tom Cruise and Kurt Cobain all share Usher's height. (heightline.com)
- Usher, Tom Cruise, Kurt Cobain and Al Pacino all share Ben Stiller's height. (heightline.com)
- She is one of those celebrities whose bodies have remained the same since the first time we saw them. (heightline.com)
- We have got to give it to him, he knows how to make 6 feet 3 inches look amazing, also he is one of those celebrities whose listed height is not a constant topic of speculation, the man says he is 6 foot 3 and we all believe him. (heightline.com)
- She has officially made it unto out list of petite actresses in Hollywood, you do not need a tape measure to show you that the star is more inclined to the shorter side of the height spectrum. (heightline.com)
- If he's a Hollywood leading man, chances are that he's below the average American male height. (heightline.com)
- Yes, once in a wile we have people like the tall Hemsworth brothers or Vince Vaughn, but for the most part of it Hollywood actors seem to be on the short and average height side. (heightline.com)
- Hollywood is full of leading men who are more on the short or average height side, but once in a while the tall ones pop up. (heightline.com)
- No one needs to tell you that the star is extremely tall, his listed height makes him the same height as his brother, Chris Hemsworth . (heightline.com)
- Speaking of listed heights, lets check out a couple of celebrities who are listed to be as tall as our star. (heightline.com)
- Ryan Gosling is not at tall as any of these men, but his height still earns him a spot on this list. (heightline.com)
- In more Hugh Jackman's height related news, the star is a misinterpretation of the Wolverine character in the comics as he stands well above Wolverine who is actually only 5 feet 5 inches tall, the fans don't seem to mind though and some even like the twist that he has put on the character. (heightline.com)
- On our site you will find a comprehensive list of shops that you can use that are in Dearborn Heights and that will offer you affordable rates on all repairs needed. (iautobodyparts.com)
- We at iautobodyparts.com strive to make getting your vehicle fixed easy and affordable, that is why we have worked so hard to bring you a list of Dearborn Heights Michigan auto body repair specialists that will help you get your 1999 looking like new again. (iautobodyparts.com)
- Here is a list of celebrities who share Neymar's height. (heightline.com)
- Before we disclose Ryan Gosling's height, here's a list of a few of the stars that broke out from the 'short leading man' mold. (heightline.com)
- Though he may be taller than the 'actual' Wolverine, here is a list of notable personalities who share Hugh Jackman's height. (heightline.com)
- Shakira, Alyssa Milano, Nicki Minaj, Kim Kardashian and Salma Hayek all share Anna Kendrick's height. (heightline.com)
- Britney Spears, Tina Turner, Victoria Beckham, Pink and Drew Barrymore all share Megan Fox height. (heightline.com)
- Scarlett Johansson, Jodie Foster, Kim Kardashian, Natalie Portman and Vanessa Paradis all share Lauren Conrad's height. (heightline.com)
- Well known personalities like Muhammad Ali, John Mayer, the recently deceased Fidel Castro and of course Chris Hemsworth all share Liam Hemsworth's height. (heightline.com)
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Eva Herzigová, Jake Gyllenhaal and Benedict Cumberbatch all share Ryan Gosling's height. (heightline.com)
- Usher's height as listed is actually 5 feet 7 inches. (heightline.com)
- Some have argued that his hair do adds quite the number of inches to his general height and that he looks quite small when he is out on the pitch regardless. (heightline.com)
- Her height is listed as 5 feet 2 inches but you know the drill, there are some who believe that she is actually shorter than that… a few inches actually. (heightline.com)
- He's short guys, the actor stands at 5 feet 7 inches which is well below the average American male height of 5 feet 10 inches. (heightline.com)
- She also added, ' I have always used my flaws as motivation to work harder and stay in shape, but as I have grown, I have learned more to love my body for what it is. (heightline.com)
- These days, the actress sees her height as an advantage, we believe her exact words were. (heightline.com)
Auto Body Shops
- The following is offered: Auto Body Shops. (yellowbot.com)
- In Harker Heights there are 1 other Auto Body Shops. (yellowbot.com)
- iautobodyparts.com can tell you just what Dearborn Heights Michigan auto body repair shops, collision centers and auto body shops and car restoration shops you should be using to get your 1999 looking good again even after extensive damage has been done to it. (iautobodyparts.com)
- A Kapuso artist, he is now being mold by GMA talent center to be the next teleserye actor, he appeared in Alakdana, Tween Hearts, and One True Love, a new talent by GMA he already received several awards from different award giving bodies, he received 1st Filipino Amazing Male Newcomer in the first Yahoo! (biovitalstats.com)
- The actor is a healthy weight for someone his height, there's no doubt about that. (heightline.com)
- Some people feel that the actor looks a wee bit shorter than 6'0, but that's his listed height folks. (heightline.com)
- Now that we have had our fill of facts about the star, it's time to get back to the topic at hand beginning with Neymar's height. (heightline.com)
- What the star lacks in height, she makes up for in personality, she actually revealed in an interview that she has always had her volume on her side and would often shock people when so much noise came out of such a little being. (heightline.com)
- As much as we would like to go on and on… and on about the star, it's time to nip this segment in the bud and move on to the topic at hand beginning with Lauren Conrad's height. (heightline.com)
- See, we were not kidding at all, the star is one inch below the average American female height. (heightline.com)
- The star is not a big fan of the gym, but she goes anyway in order to maintain her banging body, on the other hand, she does prefer out doorsy types of activities, she told People's Magazine, ' I just like getting out, like going on a hike, going on the kayaks, going for a run on the beach. (heightline.com)
- His appearance in the Hunger Games trilogy catapulted the star to greater heights and he has been soaring since then. (heightline.com)
- There's no doubt that the Liam Hemsworth height seriously influences the roles he plays, he has his striking features, a great physique and an overall sense of confidence that is evident whether he is playing an ex military sniper or a Katniss Everdeen's star-crossed lover. (heightline.com)
- As interesting as the star is, we did promise to throw some light on his body statistics, so let's get started with Hugh Jackman's height. (heightline.com)
- It didn't happen overnight though, the star worked hard for his body. (heightline.com)
- Another member of the Hemsworth clan has found his way on to our radar, but as delighted as we are to be talking about Liam Hemsworth's height and other statistics, we can't resist the urge to tell our routine background story. (heightline.com)
- Every body has one nagging fear or phobia, Megan has quite a few. (heightline.com)
- People find it commendable that she is one of the few celebrities out there that is actually honest about their height, some would straight out accept their assumed height and run with it till the lie becomes the fact. (heightline.com)
- Speculations about the star's height have been so rampant that they actually got back to him and here is what he had to say in retort. (heightline.com)
- That's all we can fit in about the artist today, it's time to move on to the topic at hand beginning with Usher's height. (heightline.com)
- and on, the time has come for us to focus on the topic at hand beginning with Anna Kendrick's height. (heightline.com)
- As much as we would like to go on, it's time to get started on the topic at hand, beginning with Megan Fox height. (heightline.com)
- Well, that's our cue to put a pin in it, let's move on to the topic at hand starting with Ben Stiller's height. (heightline.com)
- Well that proved to be more interesting than we thought it would be, but the time has come for us to move on to the topic at hand starting with Ryan Gosling's height. (heightline.com)
- You depend on your 1999 and if you cannot find a dependable repair or restoration shop in Dearborn Heights Michigan then you are not going to be able to get your vehicle back on the road as quickly as you need to. (iautobodyparts.com)
- She even bragged a bit about getting her body back mere hours after she gave birth to her first child, Noah. (heightline.com)
- Well, unlike other celebrities who sometimes have a grueling routine to maintain their body, Anna does not. (heightline.com)
- The body) was in a brown -- almost like a blanket," said Allan Dauber, a resident of Prospect Avenue who noticed police on the scene at 8:30 a.m. (jclist.com)
- Despite it all, we can all say that he has made his height work for him. (heightline.com)
- Bob's Auto Body can be found at Cox Dr 109. (yellowbot.com)
- JERSEY CITY -- A 51-year-old Bergen Avenue resident has been identified as the woman found wrapped in blankets on the sidewalk in the Heights Saturday morning, officials said. (jclist.com)
- JERSEY CITY -- A body was found wrapped in a bag on a Jersey City street this morning, a witness to the initial investigation said. (jclist.com)
- The body was found on Reservoir Avenue, near Lienau Place, some time around 8:45 a.m., said Joe Shine, a freelance photographer for The Jersey Journal who is at the scene. (jclist.com)
- He has his role in X-men as Wolverine to thank for his drastic body transformation, of course he always had the makings of a great body but this was something else. (heightline.com)
- And even more than good tips on how to get the job done right, you need to know who to talk to in Dearborn Heights. (iautobodyparts.com)