• cutaneous squamous cell carc
  • Basal cell carcinoma (BCC) and cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) comprise the vast majority of non-melanoma skin cancers (NMSCs). (oncologynurseadvisor.com)
  • Baum CL, Wright AC, Martinez JC, Arpey CJ, Brewer JD , Roenigk RK, Otley CC. A new evidence-based risk stratification system for cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma into low, intermediate, and high risk groups with implications for management. (mayo.edu)
  • Objective: To compare the consistency in global recommendations for surgical excision margins for basal cell carcinoma, cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma, dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans, and Merkel cell carcinoma. (jcadonline.com)
  • Methods: A review of the current literature and global guidelines for surgical excision margins for basal cell carcinoma, cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma, dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans, and Merkel cell carcinoma. (jcadonline.com)
  • Guideline recommendations were found to be more globally consistent in margin selection for low-risk basal cell carcinoma and low-risk cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma, however, least consistent when concerning margin selection for dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans and Merkel cell carcinoma. (jcadonline.com)
  • This article provides a comprehensive global review of the current guidelines on surgical excision margins for basal cell carcinoma (BCC), cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (cSCC), dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans (DFSP), and Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC). (jcadonline.com)
  • skin
  • A few cases of pigmented squamous cell carcinoma affecting the skin and the ocular and oral mucosa of the elderly have been described in the literature. (bioportfolio.com)
  • First described by Krompecher in 1900 as "carcinoma epitheliale adenoides" [ 5 ] and named after its morphological affinity to the normal cell of the basal layer, BCC is the most common keratinocyte skin cancer (KSC) in persons of Caucasian ancestry. (hindawi.com)
  • Apart from the environmental exposure to arsenic, ionizing radiation, oral methoxsalen (psoralen), and immunosuppressive therapy such as in organ transplant recipients [ 11 , 12 ], persons with a fair skin type-I complexion (including red or blonde hair, light coloured eyes, freckling) and people with a history of intermittent sun exposure and severe sunburn during childhood are at highest risk [ 13 ]. (hindawi.com)
  • In particular ultraviolet (UV) irradiation in inverse correlation with reduced or impaired skin pigmentation is generally considered to be the major risk factor of basal cell carcinoma [ 14 , 15 ]. (hindawi.com)
  • The trainer continued: "We had a difficult time with Cue Card last season but he had a trapped epiglottis , a rare type of problem in which the skin comes up over his air pipe. (freethesaurus.com)
  • Most of the population had skin type IV and V. Majority (415, 83%) of our cases had chronological aging without photoaging and the remaining 85 (17%) individuals had photoaging along with chronological aging. (e-ijd.org)
  • Photoaging changes were less common than chronological aging changes in skin type IV. (e-ijd.org)
  • Review
  • A Diagnosis of Confusing NomenclatureABSTRACTObjective: To describe a rare case of nonkeratinizing carcinoma of the sinonasal tract and review the literature on the nomenclature of its many synonyms.Methods:Design: Case ReportSetting: Tertiary Referral CenterPatient: OneResults: A 45-year-old female presented with a 6-month history of left nasal obstructionassociated with epistaxis. (yumpu.com)
  • typically
  • Embedded in the cell membrane are a wide range of molecules that vary with the cell type and are typically composed of proteins or glycoproteins that have a cytoplasmic transmembrane and external domains. (thefreedictionary.com)
  • cells
  • bronchioalveolar carcinoma ( bronchiolar carcinoma ) ( bronchioloalveolar carcinoma ) ( bronchoalveolar carcinoma ) a variant type of adenocarcinoma of the lung , with columnar to cuboidal epithelial cells lining the alveolar septa and projecting into alveolar spaces in branching papillary formations. (thefreedictionary.com)