What is the best treatment for metastatic melanoma?
- Someone close to me has been diagnosed and the outcome is looking very bad. Does anyone know of any hope for this? He is stage 4.
- There isn’t a best treatment. We haven’t found one yet that is effective. You may want to consider a clinical trial.
What usually are the therapy or activities that are included in drug treatment programs?
- My husband will undergo a drug treatment program next month and I want to know the sort of therapy or activities that are included in the program. Are there exercises included in the program? Let me know.
- If I'm not mistaken, such treatment programs include lectures, group discussions, yoga, exercises, acupuncture and therapy with psychiatrists and psychologists. The patients are also give healthy meals and whirlpool baths in order to regain the good health they lost and to provide the relaxation they need.
What is a good moisturizer to follow up a protein treatment with?
- I plan on using the Aphogee Two Step treatment, but I'm afraid because I've already used the Balancing Moisturizer with their regular shampoo, and I don't think it's going to be a strong enough follow up for their protein treatment. I want to buy another moisturizer, but I need recommendations.
- You don't have to get rid of you moisturizer you can just add some oil(s). When in doubt add oils. Coconut, olive oil, wheat germ oil, sunflower oil, walnut oil, and hemp oil are perfect! Coconut penetrates the hair shaft, olive oil nourishes the hair, wheat germ oil, sunflower oil, walnut oil, and hemp oil are ceramides/essential fatty acids. Heck, you can even melt some shea butter and put that in you moisturizer if you want. I'm sure you have at least one of these oils in your house.
Keep calm you don't have to buy a new moisturizer. ^-^
However, some great moisturizers after a heavy protein treatment:
1.Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Conditioner
4.Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner
5.Motions Moisture Plus
6.Verifen Complex Advanced Conditioning Treatment
7.Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment
8.Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep or the Hair Mask
Hoped that helped! ♥
What is the best way to convince a doctor that you are no longer in need of psychiatric treatment?
- My friend is receiving treatment at a psychiatric hospital. Clearly her, along with another lady, look way too sane than the other patients and in very stable condition. How can she convince that she can be trusted to be released. What does the psychiatric doctor want to see her comply in to officially release her from further staying there?
- It depends on her condition. She should follow all rules and take any medication she needs, etc. The best way to convince someone you no longer need treatment is to actually no longer need treatment. It won't do anyone any good if she fakes it just to get out.
How long does it take to clear genital warts after first treatment?
- I just had my first genital wart treatment today; I did the one where the clinician paints on the podophyllin stuff onto the warts and you wash it off 6 hours later. So, I just washed it off.. How long should it take until I see any real results?
- I use the same treatment - MAKE SURE ITS ALL WASHED OFF!
Or you will have /extreme/ discomfort (skin gets burned off). It doesn't wash off with alittle cloth or soap, really get it off.
My results were significant within the first 2 weeks, they were 80% clear!
I am still undergoing the treatment I am at week 5, out of the 6.
You should be clear after week 6 depending on your severity/immune system.
Taking Vitamin C tablets everyday definately progresses the treatment/help!
Even when you are cleared you need to work on preventing another outbreak and avoid sexual contact with (not sure if still) infected partner, he/she will only increase your viral load. You can get the HPV to the point where it is dormant within your body.
I wish you luck on your treatment. Its not the end of the world!
How long should treatment for major depression be?
- I have been in consistent treatment and on medication since early 2008. I don't want to go anymore. It just seems like a waste of time to me. I still get depressed even while on the meds so I don't understand how regular therapist visits or meds help the situation.
- Depression is like having diabetes, not the flu. Meaning it is a lifelong condition. Now-many people may have only ONE or TWO major episodes in their lifetime, but there will always be a possibility of relapse. So it must always be monitored and take preventive measures. Since you still have bouts of depression, it sounds like your treatment hasn't quite worked....so, instead of just continuing the same path (you'll have the same results), you should look into some medication changes, or if your depression is mild, then some other lifestyle changes. So the answer is treatment MAYBE could be discontinued IF you were in full remission for a sustained time period. BUT do not discontinue anything on your own. ONLY do so under doc's advice only and it is vital for people struggling with any mental illness to maintain a good support network so that people can help when they start to see you dip.
How much is laser treatment to get rid of stretchmarks?
- Ok so maybe im being a bit to vein now but im just wondering how much laser treatment would cost to get rid of stretchmarks? I dont think my doctor would admitt me for it, even though they are very bad!
- The cost of laser treatment varies. It's certainly not something you would be admitted to the hospital to do. You are not being vain; nobody wants stretchmarks. Just be aware that nothing takes them away completely; they may lighten a little, but that's about it.
How much does alcohol treatment usually cost, and does insurance cover this?
- I am looking into treatment centers for my husband, and I don't know anything about it or where to start. Any information will be appreciated.
- alcohol and treatment,well yes pretty much all insurance plans have a listing of providers.if i were you i`d give my insurance co. a call and ask for rehab providers ,and ask if thier is a co-pay,also not to be so straight forward,but are you sure he wants help i hope so for both of yalls sake,and the reason i say this is because if he does'nt have the desire to really stop it will be a loss of time.god bless girl.you can email me if youd like some support.BEEN THIER DONE THAT.firstname.lastname@example.org