How Long Does it Take to Recover From an Injured Patella Tendon?
- Could this injury take over six months to heal?
- A completely torn patellar tendon requires orthopedic surgery. Recovery from this surgery is slow and could easily take over six months. In fact, a full recovery could take about two years!
How long is healing for elbow fracture with partial tear in ligament and tendon?
- Dr. doesn't want to do surgery because elbow is arthritic. Does anybody have any experience with healing time on this type of injury? There is also numbness on the right side of the hand.
- I think you can expect it to take at least several weeks.
i have been referred to a surgeon for a torn tendon?
- It is the tendon that runs round the outside of the ankle. It was diagnosed with an ultrasound scan. This may be a daft question but is surgery the only option. The injury is some 5 or 6 years old.
What are some knee injuries caused by sports?
- Please be specific to ligaments, muscles and tendons as well as type of sport.
- Soccer - grade 2 strain ( or tear ) on either a ligament ot tendon... couldnt have been bothered getting the expensive MRI to work out which one.
Has anyone ever injured their posterior tibial tendon? If so how long did it take for you to recover?
- I am 10 weeks into the injury. In the past week I have started 2 acupuncture sessions a week. Also I attend physical therapy 2 times a week.
- It really depends on the nature, degree and status of the injury. For someone with just a strain...it will take a couple weeks. For someone with a partial tear....several months, or it may never heal and require surgery...depending on the degree. for those with chronic tendonopathy but without any evidence of tears, 12 weeks of an eccentric loading program will be required before it is feeling signficantly better.
My friend is going to SURGERY to fix a torn TENDON in his leg?
- how serious is the injury if he needs to go to surgery to fix the tendon that was torn in the back of his leg? Is he in alot of pain?
Who should I see about a potential bicep tendon tear?
- I believe I may have the above injury. Shall I make an appointment to see my GP? Or do I need to see a specialist of some sort?
Can any describe two injuries or diseases of the skeletal system?
- And one more How are ligaments and tendons alike ? and how are they different?