What are some characteristics and symptoms of Leukemia?
- I'm really want to know about this disease because my best friends cousin has it. Does it also cause death? What symptoms and characteristics are found by this disease?
- My son was diagnosed with leukemia last year. There are four different types of leukemia: acute lymphoblastic leukemia, acute myelocytic leukemia, chronic lymphoblastic leukemia and chronic myelocytic leukemia. Some types are easier to treat than others and it also depends on the age of the person at the time of diagnosis. Some of the symptoms of leukemia are:
* pale skin
* mild fever
* shortness of breath
* petechiae (pinpoint size red dots under the skin)
* thrombocytopenia (low platelet count)
* bone pain
* enlarged spleen
* enlarged liver
I have created a leukemia website with lots of information....take a look and if you have any questions just contact me and I will do my best to get you the information you need.
What are the characteristics of an ecto-endomorph body type?
- I took a test to find out my body type online yesterday and it said I was an ecto-endomorph. When I searched this on Google to find out more, I got little results. As a result, I barely understand this body type and what it is capable of. Anyone know the characteristics of an ecto-endomorph? And if possible (as in you don't have to do it if you don't want to but it would be greatly appreciated) please give me visual example (picture of a celebrity or a random picture that shows how an ecto-endomorph looks like. Thanks.
What are the Characteristics of the cuisine of Italy?
- Why is it a characteristic? How Long has it been common?
- Pasta is certainly a staple but it isn't served with every meal and it is not necessarily used in all parts of Italy. The staples of Italian cuisine are pretty much the same is in Spain Tomatoes, Olive oil, bread and wine, lentils, aged cheeses and dry cured meats with lots of pungent and aromatic spices such as thyme, oregano basil, caraway, rosemary, and sage. fish and seafood are only staples in coastal areas. Garlic is a common ingredient in a lot of dishes. Italian food is hard to define because each region has its own dishes. also it is not the ingredients that define Italian food, it is the way that they are cooked. Or not not cooked at all because the integrity of fresh raw produce is very important as salads of all types are served with most meals. LARGE portions are not Italian in nature, its just that people have that misconception because Italian Americans in New York and New Jersey tend to be extremely fat, which has nothing to do with heritage.
What characteristics make up 30s & 40s style clothing?
- Hi there, I need to put together a costume as close to 30s or 40s style as I can, and preferably with clothes I already own. But I am a bit clueless about fashion, and when I look at photos online I have a hard time re-imagining them with my own wardrobe. What are some characteristics of female clothes in this style? If anyone could even help me eliminate options, that would be helpful. Thank you!
- Hello K,
Your question is a bit confusing. It can be interpreted in two ways. Clothes for a women aged 30 or 40 or secondly clothes with the style in the year 30's or 40's. It is not made clear in your question which one you are asking for.
Therefore I will answer your question both ways. If you are thinking of clothes for a woman aged 30 or 40 the ultimate fashion style would be classic. Women at these ages wear classic styles because they are polished, classy, high fashion, professional, and contemporary. Therefore you would need to wear suits such as blue or black trousers with matching double breasted jacket or same type of outfit with skirt and jacket. Accessories such as belts, jewellery and also handbags count a lot. You can add one point for every fashion accessory you wear including sunglasses and so on.
On the other hand if you are interested in clothes worn in the 1930's or 1940's you can check out youtubefashion and see what they can link you up with. Also most styles during this era were very retro style and expensive. Other sites to check this out are on ebay and you can get some good ideas from reddressshoppe.com or pinupgirlclothing.com. Some other characteristics of the clothing worn in this era were the long gloves up to the elbow, shoes and droopy socks, rayon material for dresses, viscose for linings, lingerie, synthetic nylon stockings.
I suggest you therefore get a dress and team it up with some synthetic nylon stockings. To give an added effect you could also get the long gloves which would make it more stylish and classy. Finally if you really wanted to go the whole way you could simply add some lingerie underneath that could be seen in a subtle yet provocative way but not too obviious. That way you would look sexy and coquettish as they did in those days. Hope this helps in some way. Good Luck!
What characteristics do pregnant women have?
- I'm playing a pregnant woman in a play (Tony n' Tina's Wedding). Having never been pregnant myself, what sort of mannerisms and physical characteristics should I have to make my character as believable as possible?
The character is in her 3rd trimester, 7 or 8 months pregnant. Thanks everyone for your answers, they all help a lot!
- ooo,sounds fun! are you supposed to be late pregnant? usually they exaggerate things in plays so i'll give you tips on how i am now in my 3rd trimester. i hope i can help,heres what i can think of:
1. heavy sighing when sitting down or getting up (because theres more pressure on your lungs)
2. place hand on belly often (not even totaly sure why but we all seem to do it,lol)
3. strained look on face with hand placed on belly and bent slightly foward (this can signify contractions or just ligament pain)
4. let fingers lightly stroke belly in circular motion at random points (its something i do often just to feel conected to my little guy,i do it when bored or talking,it works anywhere really)
5. LOOK TIRED! lol,this one you can do at any point since pregnancy puts a huge strain on the body and a pregnant woman is almost constantly exausted!
good luck! enjoy getting in touch with your inner pregnant woman,lol ^-^
EDIT: almost forgot,walk like theres an extra leg of space in the middle. and a little slower too,maybe add a sigh every once in a while cause walking can be a workout for us,lol ^-^
What is characteristics are considered beautiful in your society?
- (1) what society/culture are you from?
(2) what characteristics are considered beautiful in your society (ex: hair color, skin color, height, facial structure, etc.)
What is one characteristic you really want your child to have?
- What is the one personality trait/characteristic that you really want your existing or future child to have? For instance, I really hope my daughter likes to read. Is there an activity you want your child to do or an attribute you want him/her to have?
By the way, I will embrace my daughter no matter what she turns out to be like (only three weeks old, so, other than feisty, she doesn't have too many attributes yet) and love her dearly, so don't freak out on me.
What is your heart set on?
- be compassionate!
What are the characteristics of a fashion designer?
- What characteristics/personality traits do good fashion designers need to have?
not afraid to try new things