What diseases can cause the same symptoms as anxiety disorder?
- I was doing some research (helping a friend) who complains of being constantly dizzy and disoriented. He had a panic attack in his car a few months ago and now everytime he gets into his car he comes close to suffering another one. However, the dizziness and disorientation (he also has problems sleeping) are constant, car or not. His parents think it's anxiety but I'm not quite sure.
What other diseases or disorders can cause those symptoms?
What diseases does the doctor check for during a checkup?
- I had to go to the doctor for a checkup and various immunizations before college. I wanted to also get tested for STDs. The thing is, I'm pretty sure I don't have any (I'm not sexually active) but I don't want any surprises like HPV from sharing lip gloss. Anyway, I went to the doctor last week for a checkup and I wanted to know what diseases the doctors check for.
- They dont check for diseases they check for symptoms.
PS Tony you're too excited.
What diseases can you find out you have when you go donate blood?
- I am about to donate blood for first time. I was just wondering what they can all find in the blood as far as diseases. I know HIV and AIDS but what else?
What diseases and disabilities are linked to chromosome 17? I need a full list please.?
- Can someone please make a list of all the diseases, disabilities and conditions linked to chromosome 17?
- Genetics Home Reference includes these conditions related to genes on chromosome 17:
Amish lethal microcephaly
epidermolysis bullosa simplex
familial atrial fibrillation
hereditary folate malabsorption
hereditary neuropathy with liability to pressure palsies
hyperkalemic periodic paralysis
hypokalemic periodic paralysis
N-acetylglutamate synthase deficiency
neurofibromatosis type 1
pyridoxal 5'-phosphate-dependent epilepsy
short QT syndrome
very long-chain acyl-coenzyme A dehydrogenase deficiency
Chromosome Trisomy 17 p 11.2- Down's Syndrome
GeneCards provides a table of genes on chromosome 17 and disorders related to those genes.
Why are older people more vulnerable to diseases and illnesses?
- Why is it that the older you get, the more vulnerable you are to diseases and illnesses?
- Everything begins to wear out as we grow older, including our immune systems. The same thing happens to our eyes with cataracts, our joints with arthritis, and our hearing with age-related deafness. Stuff just wears out.
What diseases can you get from touching trash?
- Say you take out the trash and don't wash your hands afterward. What kind of diseases/germs can you pick up? Or is this a germaphobe type of question?
- It is a germaphobe kind of question.
So take a deep breath, take out the trash, and wash your hands.
All the best.
What other diseases can be acquired by getting addicted to alcohol?
- Harry, my lab partner, is an alcoholic. He doesn't want to admit it but he is an alcoholic. Alcohol is like his daily vitamins or something. He drinks whenever he can... even before going to class! I'm really worried about him and I want to help him overcome his alcoholism. I'm also scared that he might develop other diseases just because of his bad drinking habits. I can't get through a day in chem without him. Please help me.
- Are you in love with you lab partner? I'm just kidding. Anyway, there are certain diseases which may be developed because of alcoholism. Some of these are Wernicke's Encephalopathy, Korsakoff's syndrome, cirrhosis, fetal alcohol syndrome (for babies with drinking mothers), liver diseases and even cancer. Alcoholics have difficulties in coordination, reflexes, concentration, judgment and sleeping. Other effects of alcoholism include distorted vision, memory lapses and blackouts.
What causes the emergence and reemergence of infectious diseases?
- What causes the emergence and reemergence of infectious diseases?
-Thank you sooo much!
- Many things cause the emergence/reemergence of infectious diseases: antimicrobial resistance, increasing global travel, globalization of the food supply, ecological and climate changes, people and wild animals living in closer proximity and human behavior to name a few.