Is it safe to use household cleaning products ie dettol and flash around a new born baby?
- I am scared after reading that ingrediants in these products can cause cancer and asthma
- I personally wouldn't use most sprays. Even Pam is a problem for asthmatics.
However, you can use whatever cleaning products you are accustomed to until the baby is crawling. After that, I would just use 10 drops of Dawn Dishwashing detergent in a bucket of warm water (put it in after you fill it) and use that. Much safer for baby and cleans your floor. I actually use it all the time since I have kitties.
Anyone know ways to remove lines under your eyes with household products?
- Really want to get rid of them but I don't want to go buy any creams. Are there any household things that can do this?
- Slices of cucumbers placed over your eyes for a half hour is supposed to help.
If it runs in your family the only thing you can do is to save up for plastic surgery.
Household products or foods that can LIGHTEN HAIR?
- I have thick brown hair, but I want to have a golden color for my hair without having the damaging effects of hair dye.
Are there any household products or food that can lighten my hair to this color?
- The safest way to do it is to buy a box of hair dye. Anything else can really damage your hair!
Household products to get rid of a wart?
- So i have this wart and i reallu dont want it frozen off. is there any household product that will get rid of it?
- I found this info at a website. Hope this helps out->
Home remedy for wart removal
Need a home remedy for wart removal?
The virus that causes warts enters through a crack in the skin. Although warts generally disappear on their own, you can hasten their demise with natural remedies. I have some ideas here if you need a home remedy for wart removal.
Because warts are contagious and can spread, avoid picking, scratching, or irritating them.
The herpes simplex virus, which causes cold sores and genital herpes, lives in nerve endings.
An outbreak is often precipitated by emotional tension or by physical stressors such as menstruation or too much sun.
TEN home remedies for wart removal
Home remedy for wart removal #1
Tea tree essential oil. Apply undiluted tea tree oil with a cotton swan directly on the wart several times a day.
Home remedy for wart removal #2
Boost your immune system with Echinacea. Take a dropper full of tincture three times a day for 10 days. If you want to make your own tincture or know how to use Echinacea, check out The Herbal Medicine Making Kit.
Home remedy for wart removal #3
Soak lemon slices in apple cider with a little salt. Let stand two weeks. Then rub the lemon slices on the wart.
Home remedy for wart removal #4
Garlic! Garlic has powerful anti-viral properties. Make a poultice of crushed raw garlic. Protect your skin with vitamin E oil (prick a capsule and apply to your skin). Mash the garlic and apply to the wart. Cover with a bandage. Remove it in 24 hours. A blister usually forms, and the wart should fall off in a week. The vitamin E will help as well. This is a powerful home remedy for wart removal.
Home remedy for wart removal #5
Calendula has anti-viral properties. Prepare a STRONG tea of it by steeping 2 tablespoons of herb for 20 minutes in a cup of boiling water. You can drink it AND apply it to the wart. Another herb you can use like this is St. Johns Wort.
Home remedy for wart removal #6
Raw potatoes have been found beneficial in the treatment of warts. The potatoes should be cut and rubbed on the affected area several times daily. This should be continued for at least two weeks.
Home remedy for wart removal #7
Aloe has been used for hundreds of years as a wart treatment. Applied externally in cream form or directly from aloe plant, aloe eases discomfort and helps to speed healing.
Home remedy for wart removal #8
Caster oil. Apply warm castor oil to a bandage and apply to the wart. Replace 3 times a day until wart dissolves. Shouldn’t take more than a week.
Home remedy for wart removal #9
Dandelion? Apply the milk from a dandelion stem several times daily.
Home remedy for wart removal #10
Chickweed! Crush it up, put in on the wart, and cover with a band aid. Keep doing this until the wart is going.
***This is the only one of these we have used in our family, and it works really well.
Here is another website below that hopefully will help.
Is there a way to clean sterling silver jewelry with just household products?
- I have some sterling silver jewelry that is starting to darken and am just wondering if there is a way to clean the jewelry just using regular household goods.
- The first step would be to try soaking it in warm water with a couple of drops of mild detergent. Then scrub it with an old toothbrush, rinse under clean water and leave it to dry on a paper towel.
If this isn't sufficient, and the jewellery does not contain gemstones or pearls, you can place it in a container lined with aluminium foil, sprinkle with bicarbonate of soda and pour in hot water. Soak for half an hour and then clean with a toothbrush as above.
Are the truly any household products to get rid of acne?
- I once was told you could use windex but i also herd that in a movie. Is there any house hold products you could use?
- mix baking soda with water!
Can you dye your hair with household products?
- My friend and I want to dye our hair, but we don't want to go and buy hair dye. Is there any way we can dye our hair with household products? (:
- You can lighten your hair with lemon juice.
Squeeze lots of lemons and cover your hair in the juice. Sit outside in the sun of a while and you will have lightened hair.
You can darken your hair with walnuts.
Crack open and leave walnuts soaking in hot for a day, the water should be stained a dark colour. Use this one your hair.
These effects don't last, but are chemical free and (probably) fun to try.
How can I remove a wart with household products?
- Safely, or can you recommend any guaranteed to work products from the store? Perhaps non-painless? It's a very small one...I think it might just be a tough blister.
- not sure this will help, but 300mg of alpha lipoic acid and 3000IU of vitamin D3 might help. ALA is the best antioxidant and lots of people use it for their skin. D3 control ur bodies immunity to clean up toxins, viruses.