Loading...
*  Immigration to Brazil
While in São Paulo the Italians predominated, in the city of Rio de Janeiro the Portuguese remained as the main group. In 1929 ... In Paraná, on the other hand, the main group of immigrants was composed of Eastern Europeans, particularly Poles. In southern ... A similar process has occurred in Santa Catarina, with initially two main destinations for German immigrants (Blumenau, created ... there were three main groups of immigrants: Germans, Italians and Slavs (mainly Poles and Ukrainians). The Germans had been ...
*  Cyrus Edwin Dallin
Main and South Temple Streets, Salt Lake City, Utah. Sir Isaac Newton (1895), Main Reading Room, Library of Congress, ... Stood in the main hall until 1976 when Central closed its doors, and at some later point Central donated to Woodward Park, at ... It was installed outside the main entrance to the Boston Museum of Fine Arts. Appeal to the Great Spirit became an icon of ... He married Vittoria Colonna Murray in 1891, and returned to Utah to work on The Angel Moroni (1893). He taught for a year at ...
*  Henrik Rysensteen
Studien zur Brandenburgischen und Holländischen Kunstgeschichte, Heinrich Keller, Frankfurt am Main, 1893. Jahn, J.H.F.: Henrik ...
*  Israel Moses Hazan
152, 208, Frankfurt-am-Main, 1893. Jose Faur, Harav Yisrael Moshe Hazan: ha-ish umishnato (Rabbi Israel Moses Hazan: the man ...
*  Hartford (village), Vermont
Cascadnac Grange, 194 Hartford Main Street, c.1870. Hartford Diner, 190 Hartford Main Street, c.1940. Kneeland-Cone House, 173 ... Wyllys Lyman House, 185 Hartford Main Street, 1828. Brooks Store-Pease Block, 201-203 Hartford Main Street, c.1900. French ... Horace Pease House ("Sunnyacre")/Elks Lodge, 215 Hartford Main Street, 1884. Ephraim Morris House, 221 Hartford Main Street, ... The 50-acre (20 ha) historic district includes portions of Hartford Main Street, Park Street, Pleasant Street, School Street, ...
*  M-1 (Michigan highway)
The highway, called "Detroit's Main Street", runs from Detroit north-northwesterly to Pontiac. It is one of the five principal ... Whitall, Susan (March 12, 2007). "Woodward Avenue: Michigan's Main Street". The Detroit News. pp. 1A, 8A. ISSN 1055-2715. OCLC ... Baulch, Vivian M. (June 13, 1999). "Woodward Avenue, Detroit's Grand Old 'Main Street'". The Detroit News. ISSN 1055-2715. OCLC ... the main streetcar line was electrified by the DCRC. In 1901, the various lines throughout the city were consolidated as the ...
*  Oxford Pastorate
... the main focus of the Pastorate had been on working with undergraduates. In 2008, the Pastorate's trustees decided to focus the ... since it was founded in 1893 by evangelical Anglicans. Its objective is to encourage "true and lively faith" among Oxford's ...
*  Timeline of Indianapolis
Construction of the main building on its new site is completed in 1853. It is demolished in 1909 to make space for a new ... A new main library opens in 1893. Its first four branches open in 1896. A new main library building is dedicated in 1917. ... A new main public library opens on April 9, 1873, and its first branch library opens in 1896. 1870 - Indianapolis population: ... 1905 U.S. District Courthouse, which also includes the city's main U.S. post office, is built on Ohio Street between 1903 and ...
*  Forest Lodge (Namakagon, Wisconsin)
Construction of the main lodge began in 1893. Substantial remodelings in the 1910s, 1920s and 1930s expanded the retreat's size ...
*  Places of worship in Burnley
... although the main church opened in 1905. When the church was demolished, flats were built on the site, but the spire was ... The church started in 1884 as a mission in the High Street and in 1893, with the help of Aenon Chapel, established a chapel in ... Bishop Vaughan laid the foundation stone for a two-storey school-chapel in 1893, and at the end of that year the chapel was ... It had begun in 1893 as a Protestant Association Mission Room in Chaffer's Yard. It then moved to a room above Carter's Surgery ...
*  Braehead Ranch
The main house dates to 1893-1897, of frame construction. Cross established the ranch in an undeveloped area of Converse County ...
*  Frederic Clay Bartlett
Between May 1, 1893, and March 1920, Hugh Birch and Helen Birch Bartlett purchased hundreds of acres of Floridian land that ... Bartlett attributed the World's Columbian Exposition of 1893 as his main source of inspiration regarding fine art. In 1894, ...
*  Old Main, Augustana College
"Old Main (Augustana College)". City of Rock Island. Retrieved 2011-03-29. David Heitz (August 3, 2010). "Old Main getting new ... A large central pediment with four two-story pilasters dominate in main façade of the building over the main entrance. Smaller ... Old Main, Augustana College is an historic building located in Rock Island, Illinois, United States. It was built between 1884 ... Old Main was constructed from 1884-1893. It was dedicated as Memorial Hall in 1889 although it was still incomplete. The ...
*  CSR Refinery, New Farm
Although the main entrance is now from Lamington Street, the earlier parts of the site address the river. The original core of ... The main building is a long narrow structure centrally located on the eastern side of the site, addressing the river. It is ... The main building, the laboratory, the brown room, the wharf, the Amenities/Canteen Block, and the open space bounded by these ... A number of pieces of equipment are located in this area and some of the extensions connect the main building to the raw sugar ...
*  St Nicholas Church, Kelvedon Hatch
380 was spent restoring it in 1873; but by 1893 the main population centre of the village had shifted elsewhere, and it was ...
*  Talmage, California
The original main building, completed in 1893, was razed in 1952. By 1966, population was back under 1800 patients. The ... The hospital first opened in 1893 with one building at a site near the town of Ukiah, California. Its first patients, all male ...
*  Emily Post
Price met her future husband, Edwin Main Post, a prominent banker, at a ball in a Fifth Avenue mansion. Following their wedding ... The couple had two sons, Edwin Main Post Jr. (1893) and Bruce Price Post (1895). Emily divorced Mr. Post in 1905, because of ...
*  George Gill Green
In 1893 Green acquired an uncompleted hotel in Pasadena, California, and in 1894 completed and opened it as Hotel Green in ... 1893 Purchased and completed the main Hotel Green building, in Pasadena, California. 1898 Built the "Central Annex" to Hotel ...
*  Littleton Main Street
The Littleton Main Street is a historic district located along W. Main Street, from South Curtice Street, to South Sycamore ... 2530 West Main Street, O.G. Hill Drug Store, 1886. This small one-story commercial building was erected by O.G. Hill to house ... 2379-99 West Main Street, Valore Hardware, 1925. This one-story brick building was erected by A.J. Valore in 1925 to house his ... 2450 West Main Street, Littleton Town Hall, 1920, J.J.B. Benedict. When local officials requested a town hall whose front would ...
*  Name of Mary Church
The main one in the apse is made of the carved wood from Tyrol, the windows with stained glass from Budapest and the roof tiles ... The main construction was finished in November 1893. The 72-meters high bell-tower with the golden cross was finished in ...
*  Peabody and Stearns
Christ Episcopal Church, 750 Main St., Waltham (1897-1902) Worcester City Hall, 455 Main St., Worcester (1898) Dorchester ... The Main Line: Country Houses of Philadelphia's Storied Suburb, 1870-1930. 2002. Keels, Thomas H. and Elizabeth Farmer Jarvis. ... John's Episcopal Church, 275 N. Main St., Providence (1893) - Demolished. Shamrock Cliff (G. M. Gaun McRobert Hutton House), 65 ... Louis (1893-94) James J. Hill House, 240 Summit Ave., St. Paul (1887-91) - Peabody & Stearns were fired from the project in ...
*  Tugurt language
... its main speech area was in Temacine, Blidet-Amor, Meggarine and Ghomra. It is closely related to the nearby Tumzabt (Mozabite ... René Basset, 1893, Etude sur la Zenatia du Mzab, de Ouargla et de l'Oued-Rir', p. 12. Paris: Ernest Leroux.. ...
*  William Lewis (scientist)
Main reference: Lee, Sidney, ed. (1893). "Lewis, William (1714-1781)". Dictionary of National Biography. 33. London: Smith, ...
*  Ilse Friedleben
Friedleben was born under her maiden name Weihermann in Frankfurt am Main on 2 September 1893. Along with her sisters Toni and ... Ilse Friedleben (German pronunciation: [ˈʔɪlzə ˈfʀiːtleːbn̩], née Weihermann; 2 September 1893 - December 1963) was a German ...
*  Chas. T. Main
T. Main Inc. was an engineering company of the United States founded in 1893 and specialized in power generation-mainly ... T. Main Archived July 14, 2015, at the Wayback Machine. Confessions of an Economic Hit Man (2004), ISBN 0-452-28708-1 Interview ... For example, in the mid-1950s Charles T. Main was responsible for the building of a hydro-electric plant in Turkey (Sarıyar Dam ... In addition to the then-traditional business of water and steam power, Main soon expanded into the new field of water resource ...
*  Gunnies
... they ensured that they used an iron rod to bore a small hole several feet ahead of their main pickaxe excavation; by so doing ... The 1893 mining accident at Dolcoath in which seven men were killed was caused by failure of the stull holding up a huge ... The greatest loss of life in Cornwall caused by "holing into a house of water" occurred at Wheal Owles in January 1893. Twenty ... Ballantyne, R. M. (1893). An Author's Adventures, or Personal Reminiscences in Book-making. London: James Nisbet. pp. 90-91. ...
*  Otava (publisher)
Alvar Renqvist (fi) became managing director in 1893 and was the main figure during the company's early years. His descendants ...