Platelet Storage Pool Deficiency
Membrane-bound compartments which contain transmitter molecules. Synaptic vesicles are concentrated at presynaptic terminals. They actively sequester transmitter molecules from the cytoplasm. In at least some synapses, transmitter release occurs by fusion of these vesicles with the presynaptic membrane, followed by exocytosis of their contents.
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
A basic element found in nearly all organized tissues. It is a member of the alkaline earth family of metals with the atomic symbol Ca, atomic number 20, and atomic weight 40. Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body and combines with phosphorus to form calcium phosphate in the bones and teeth. It is essential for the normal functioning of nerves and muscles and plays a role in blood coagulation (as factor IV) and in many enzymatic processes.
A greenish-yellow, diatomic gas that is a member of the halogen family of elements. It has the atomic symbol Cl, atomic number 17, and atomic weight 70.906. It is a powerful irritant that can cause fatal pulmonary edema. Chlorine is used in manufacturing, as a reagent in synthetic chemistry, for water purification, and in the production of chlorinated lime, which is used in fabric bleaching.
Radioisotope Dilution Technique
Bile Acids and Salts
Steroid acids and salts. The primary bile acids are derived from cholesterol in the liver and usually conjugated with glycine or taurine. The secondary bile acids are further modified by bacteria in the intestine. They play an important role in the digestion and absorption of fat. They have also been used pharmacologically, especially in the treatment of gallstones.
Intracellular messenger formed by the action of phospholipase C on phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate, which is one of the phospholipids that make up the cell membrane. Inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate is released into the cytoplasm where it releases calcium ions from internal stores within the cell's endoplasmic reticulum. These calcium ions stimulate the activity of B kinase or calmodulin.
Quaternary Ammonium Compounds
Amino Acid Sequence
Substances used on inanimate objects that destroy harmful microorganisms or inhibit their activity. Disinfectants are classed as complete, destroying SPORES as well as vegetative forms of microorganisms, or incomplete, destroying only vegetative forms of the organisms. They are distinguished from ANTISEPTICS, which are local anti-infective agents used on humans and other animals. (From Hawley's Condensed Chemical Dictionary, 11th ed)
A species of gram-negative, facultatively anaerobic, rod-shaped bacteria (GRAM-NEGATIVE FACULTATIVELY ANAEROBIC RODS) commonly found in the lower part of the intestine of warm-blooded animals. It is usually nonpathogenic, but some strains are known to produce DIARRHEA and pyogenic infections. Pathogenic strains (virotypes) are classified by their specific pathogenic mechanisms such as toxins (ENTEROTOXIGENIC ESCHERICHIA COLI), etc.
The distal terminations of axons which are specialized for the release of neurotransmitters. Also included are varicosities along the course of axons which have similar specializations and also release transmitters. Presynaptic terminals in both the central and peripheral nervous systems are included.
A chemical reaction in which an electron is transferred from one molecule to another. The electron-donating molecule is the reducing agent or reductant; the electron-accepting molecule is the oxidizing agent or oxidant. Reducing and oxidizing agents function as conjugate reductant-oxidant pairs or redox pairs (Lehninger, Principles of Biochemistry, 1982, p471).
RNA sequences that serve as templates for protein synthesis. Bacterial mRNAs are generally primary transcripts in that they do not require post-transcriptional processing. Eukaryotic mRNA is synthesized in the nucleus and must be exported to the cytoplasm for translation. Most eukaryotic mRNAs have a sequence of polyadenylic acid at the 3' end, referred to as the poly(A) tail. The function of this tail is not known for certain, but it may play a role in the export of mature mRNA from the nucleus as well as in helping stabilize some mRNA molecules by retarding their degradation in the cytoplasm.
The intracellular transfer of information (biological activation/inhibition) through a signal pathway. In each signal transduction system, an activation/inhibition signal from a biologically active molecule (hormone, neurotransmitter) is mediated via the coupling of a receptor/enzyme to a second messenger system or to an ion channel. Signal transduction plays an important role in activating cellular functions, cell differentiation, and cell proliferation. Examples of signal transduction systems are the GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID-postsynaptic receptor-calcium ion channel system, the receptor-mediated T-cell activation pathway, and the receptor-mediated activation of phospholipases. Those coupled to membrane depolarization or intracellular release of calcium include the receptor-mediated activation of cytotoxic functions in granulocytes and the synaptic potentiation of protein kinase activation. Some signal transduction pathways may be part of larger signal transduction pathways; for example, protein kinase activation is part of the platelet activation signal pathway.
Sequence Analysis, DNA
Rats, Inbred Strains
Lipids containing one or more phosphate groups, particularly those derived from either glycerol (phosphoglycerides see GLYCEROPHOSPHOLIPIDS) or sphingosine (SPHINGOLIPIDS). They are polar lipids that are of great importance for the structure and function of cell membranes and are the most abundant of membrane lipids, although not stored in large amounts in the system.
A deoxyribonucleotide polymer that is the primary genetic material of all cells. Eukaryotic and prokaryotic organisms normally contain DNA in a double-stranded state, yet several important biological processes transiently involve single-stranded regions. DNA, which consists of a polysugar-phosphate backbone possessing projections of purines (adenine and guanine) and pyrimidines (thymine and cytosine), forms a double helix that is held together by hydrogen bonds between these purines and pyrimidines (adenine to thymine and guanine to cytosine).
Components of a cell produced by various separation techniques which, though they disrupt the delicate anatomy of a cell, preserve the structure and physiology of its functioning constituents for biochemical and ultrastructural analysis. (From Alberts et al., Molecular Biology of the Cell, 2d ed, p163)
Semiautonomous, self-reproducing organelles that occur in the cytoplasm of all cells of most, but not all, eukaryotes. Each mitochondrion is surrounded by a double limiting membrane. The inner membrane is highly invaginated, and its projections are called cristae. Mitochondria are the sites of the reactions of oxidative phosphorylation, which result in the formation of ATP. They contain distinctive RIBOSOMES, transfer RNAs (RNA, TRANSFER); AMINO ACYL T RNA SYNTHETASES; and elongation and termination factors. Mitochondria depend upon genes within the nucleus of the cells in which they reside for many essential messenger RNAs (RNA, MESSENGER). Mitochondria are believed to have arisen from aerobic bacteria that established a symbiotic relationship with primitive protoeukaryotes. (King & Stansfield, A Dictionary of Genetics, 4th ed)
Tetrahydrofolates which are substituted by a formyl group at either the nitrogen atom in the 5 position or the nitrogen atom in the 10 position. N(5)-Formyltetrahydrofolate is leukovorin (citrovorum factor) while N(10)-formyltetrahydrofolate is an active coenzyme which functions as a carrier of the formyl group in a number of enzymatic reactions.
Polymerase Chain Reaction
In vitro method for producing large amounts of specific DNA or RNA fragments of defined length and sequence from small amounts of short oligonucleotide flanking sequences (primers). The essential steps include thermal denaturation of the double-stranded target molecules, annealing of the primers to their complementary sequences, and extension of the annealed primers by enzymatic synthesis with DNA polymerase. The reaction is efficient, specific, and extremely sensitive. Uses for the reaction include disease diagnosis, detection of difficult-to-isolate pathogens, mutation analysis, genetic testing, DNA sequencing, and analyzing evolutionary relationships.
Strains of mice in which certain GENES of their GENOMES have been disrupted, or "knocked-out". To produce knockouts, using RECOMBINANT DNA technology, the normal DNA sequence of the gene being studied is altered to prevent synthesis of a normal gene product. Cloned cells in which this DNA alteration is successful are then injected into mouse EMBRYOS to produce chimeric mice. The chimeric mice are then bred to yield a strain in which all the cells of the mouse contain the disrupted gene. Knockout mice are used as EXPERIMENTAL ANIMAL MODELS for diseases (DISEASE MODELS, ANIMAL) and to clarify the functions of the genes.
Chromatography, High Pressure Liquid
Any liquid or solid preparation made specifically for the growth, storage, or transport of microorganisms or other types of cells. The variety of media that exist allow for the culturing of specific microorganisms and cell types, such as differential media, selective media, test media, and defined media. Solid media consist of liquid media that have been solidified with an agent such as AGAR or GELATIN.
The communication from a NEURON to a target (neuron, muscle, or secretory cell) across a SYNAPSE. In chemical synaptic transmission, the presynaptic neuron releases a NEUROTRANSMITTER that diffuses across the synaptic cleft and binds to specific synaptic receptors, activating them. The activated receptors modulate specific ion channels and/or second-messenger systems in the postsynaptic cell. In electrical synaptic transmission, electrical signals are communicated as an ionic current flow across ELECTRICAL SYNAPSES.
The restriction of a characteristic behavior, anatomical structure or physical system, such as immune response; metabolic response, or gene or gene variant to the members of one species. It refers to that property which differentiates one species from another but it is also used for phylogenetic levels higher or lower than the species.
Specialized junctions at which a neuron communicates with a target cell. At classical synapses, a neuron's presynaptic terminal releases a chemical transmitter stored in synaptic vesicles which diffuses across a narrow synaptic cleft and activates receptors on the postsynaptic membrane of the target cell. The target may be a dendrite, cell body, or axon of another neuron, or a specialized region of a muscle or secretory cell. Neurons may also communicate via direct electrical coupling with ELECTRICAL SYNAPSES. Several other non-synaptic chemical or electric signal transmitting processes occur via extracellular mediated interactions.
Within a eukaryotic cell, a membrane-limited body which contains chromosomes and one or more nucleoli (CELL NUCLEOLUS). The nuclear membrane consists of a double unit-type membrane which is perforated by a number of pores; the outermost membrane is continuous with the ENDOPLASMIC RETICULUM. A cell may contain more than one nucleus. (From Singleton & Sainsbury, Dictionary of Microbiology and Molecular Biology, 2d ed)
A system of cisternae in the CYTOPLASM of many cells. In places the endoplasmic reticulum is continuous with the plasma membrane (CELL MEMBRANE) or outer membrane of the nuclear envelope. If the outer surfaces of the endoplasmic reticulum membranes are coated with ribosomes, the endoplasmic reticulum is said to be rough-surfaced (ENDOPLASMIC RETICULUM, ROUGH); otherwise it is said to be smooth-surfaced (ENDOPLASMIC RETICULUM, SMOOTH). (King & Stansfield, A Dictionary of Genetics, 4th ed)
Microscopy using an electron beam, instead of light, to visualize the sample, thereby allowing much greater magnification. The interactions of ELECTRONS with specimens are used to provide information about the fine structure of that specimen. In TRANSMISSION ELECTRON MICROSCOPY the reactions of the electrons that are transmitted through the specimen are imaged. In SCANNING ELECTRON MICROSCOPY an electron beam falls at a non-normal angle on the specimen and the image is derived from the reactions occurring above the plane of the specimen.
A polynucleotide consisting essentially of chains with a repeating backbone of phosphate and ribose units to which nitrogenous bases are attached. RNA is unique among biological macromolecules in that it can encode genetic information, serve as an abundant structural component of cells, and also possesses catalytic activity. (Rieger et al., Glossary of Genetics: Classical and Molecular, 5th ed)
Dose-Response Relationship, Drug
A family of synaptic vesicle-associated proteins involved in the short-term regulation of NEUROTRANSMITTER release. Synapsin I, the predominant member of this family, links SYNAPTIC VESICLES to ACTIN FILAMENTS in the presynaptic nerve terminal. These interactions are modulated by the reversible PHOSPHORYLATION of synapsin I through various signal transduction pathways. The protein is also a substrate for cAMP- and CALCIUM-CALMODULIN-DEPENDENT PROTEIN KINASES. It is believed that these functional properties are also shared by synapsin II.
Tumor Cells, Cultured
Cell Membrane Permeability
Biological Transport, Active
Green Fluorescent Proteins
The synthesis by organisms of organic chemical compounds, especially carbohydrates, from carbon dioxide using energy obtained from light rather than from the oxidation of chemical compounds. Photosynthesis comprises two separate processes: the light reactions and the dark reactions. In higher plants; GREEN ALGAE; and CYANOBACTERIA; NADPH and ATP formed by the light reactions drive the dark reactions which result in the fixation of carbon dioxide. (from Oxford Dictionary of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 2001)
Linear POLYPEPTIDES that are synthesized on RIBOSOMES and may be further modified, crosslinked, cleaved, or assembled into complex proteins with several subunits. The specific sequence of AMINO ACIDS determines the shape the polypeptide will take, during PROTEIN FOLDING, and the function of the protein.
Lymphocytes responsible for cell-mediated immunity. Two types have been identified - cytotoxic (T-LYMPHOCYTES, CYTOTOXIC) and helper T-lymphocytes (T-LYMPHOCYTES, HELPER-INDUCER). They are formed when lymphocytes circulate through the THYMUS GLAND and differentiate to thymocytes. When exposed to an antigen, they divide rapidly and produce large numbers of new T cells sensitized to that antigen.
Technique using an instrument system for making, processing, and displaying one or more measurements on individual cells obtained from a cell suspension. Cells are usually stained with one or more fluorescent dyes specific to cell components of interest, e.g., DNA, and fluorescence of each cell is measured as it rapidly transverses the excitation beam (laser or mercury arc lamp). Fluorescence provides a quantitative measure of various biochemical and biophysical properties of the cell, as well as a basis for cell sorting. Other measurable optical parameters include light absorption and light scattering, the latter being applicable to the measurement of cell size, shape, density, granularity, and stain uptake.
The part of CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM that is contained within the skull (CRANIUM). Arising from the NEURAL TUBE, the embryonic brain is comprised of three major parts including PROSENCEPHALON (the forebrain); MESENCEPHALON (the midbrain); and RHOMBENCEPHALON (the hindbrain). The developed brain consists of CEREBRUM; CEREBELLUM; and other structures in the BRAIN STEM.
Electrophoresis, Polyacrylamide Gel
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
Chromatography, Thin Layer
Recombinant Fusion Proteins
St Catherine's School, Waverley
... swimming pool; Junior School and library; and Year 12 common room and Senior School Library; The Boarding House, uniform shop, ... After the Second World War, the swimming pool, a new assembly building and the junior school were added amongst other ... It is a non-selective school, and currently caters for approximately 1,000 girls from Year K to Year 12, including 70 boarders ... When enrolments began to decline during the depression years of 1891-1895, day girls were admitted to the school for the first ...
"Racial History of American Swimming Pools". NPR.org. Retrieved 2019-04-28. Hackman, Rose (2015-08-04). "Swimming while black: ... "Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Fatal Unintentional Drowning Among Persons Aged ≤29 Years - United States, 1999-2010". www.cdc.gov ... where black communities were denied access to public swimming pools. For the artist, swimming is tied to a childhood fear of ... Dreams from the Deep End depicts the Harlem Honeys & Bears swimmers in and around the swimming pool. In some of the paintings, ...
Peabody City Park
Open year around as weather permits. Outdoor swimming pool. Open approximately memorial day to labor day. Kansas portal ... In July 2011, will mark the 90th year of fireworks at the park. The fireworks are infamous for the ending display named Battle ... It was held annually for many years by the Marion County Agricultural Society. In 1881, the Fair Floral Exhibition Hall was ... Silverthorne toured Austria where he competed for three years against the best race horses in Europe. In 1900, the Marion ...
Tøyenbadet contains indoor and outdoor swimming pools. The water park features a swimming hall and several open-air pools along ... Small children have their own pool. The outdoor pool is open year-round. The park provides a dressing area and shower ...
Ashfield, New South Wales
Ashfield Aquatic Centre has 5 swimming pools. The swimming pools first opened on 23 January 1963 and underwent a $44.7 million ... The outdoor 50m pool is open all year round and heated in winter. The facility also includes a multi-purpose outdoor pool with ... an indoor 25m multi-purpose pool, an indoor baby/toddlers pool, a world-class health and fitness centre, a new sauna, steam and ... she lived in Ashfield during her later school years. The major community event in Ashfield each year is the Carnival of ...
Two public swimming pools (indoor and outdoor). The city government is organized under an aldermanic form. The mayor is elected ... who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 41 years. For every 100 females, there were 89.4 males. For every 100 ... John and Carla Edwards Aquatic Center: a $5.6 million public pool complex featuring climbing walls, pool house, diving boards, ... It collapsed not a year and a half later. In June 1856, I.S. Hyatt founded the Geneseo Republic and began publishing in a ...
... Swimming Club have organised an annual swim from Elizabeth Castle to Saint Helier Harbour for over 50 years. A round- ... Jersey has two public indoor swimming pools. Swimming in the sea, windsurfing and other marine sports are practised. ... Snow falls rarely in Jersey; some years will pass with no snow fall at all. The terrain consists of a plateau sloping from long ... In particular students can study at Highlands for the two-year foundation degree in financial services and for a BSc in social ...
The King's School, Ottery St Mary
1966 - Swimming Pool built. 1972 - Dr. M E Denning appointed Headteacher. 1976 - New Craft Block built. 1982 - Drama, Art, ... Entry of 75 to First Year. The Sixth Form was 40. 1963 - New Hall, Library, Changing Rooms, new Physics Laboratory. ... and Thomas Fairfax stayed at the house from October to December in that year. The poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge's father was ... For over two hundred years the canons carried out Bishop Grandisson's instructions and the choir school boys were educated. ...
Alyangula, Northern Territory
... a 25m swimming pool; a church; half a dozen shops; a bank; a post office and a travel agency. The township also has a school ( ... Up to and including Year 10); a child care centre; a training centre; an area health centre; and a court house and police ...
Alamo Plaza Hotel Courts
Year-round guest control air-conditioned. Swimming pool and playground. Room phones, T.V. radios, room service. Town House ... Farmer put in a 50-foot swimming pool at his 73-unit Dallas court "in self-defence." He also bought 65 TV sets outright to keep ... Beautyrest mattresses on every bed and later swimming pools and televisions in rooms. The roadside tactic of using distinctive ... The franchise attempt was abandoned in 1960, after about a year of use with 50 locations listed in a "Alamo Plaza Hotel Courts ...
Cachoeira da Fumaça State Park
Visitors may swim in the streams and pools. There are four tracks with different levels of difficulty. The falls are reached by ... The park has an area of 162.5 hectares (402 acres). In the hottest season of the year the park usually has around 3,000 ... Visitors may swim in the pools. Cachoeira da Fumaça State Park is in the municipality of Alegre, Espírito Santo, about 33 ... The original vegetation was semi-deciduous forest, but over the years there were plantations of native oil and fruit trees. 27 ...
... swimming pools; 2 ice rinks. Also, there are sport-entertainment centers, such as "Selena", "Bochka", and "Sportohota" which ... The year of establishment is considered[by whom?] to be 1286 on the Kyivan Rus territory. There are few facts about the ... According to 5-year plans, the city began to re-develop its economy, infrastructure and socio-cultural sphere. In 1954 the city ... Every year more than 200 sport events, contests, competitions, tournaments are held in the city, with total of 10,000 ...
Pathophysiology of asthma
Nemery B, Hoet PH, Nowak D (2002). "Indoor swimming pools, water chlorination and respiratory health". Eur. Respir. J. 19 (5): ... Zhao J, Takamura M, Yamaoka A, Odajima Y, Iikura Y (February 2002). "Altered eosinophil levels as a result of viral infection ... Various industrial compounds (e.g. toluene diisocyanate ) and other chemicals, notably sulfites; chlorinated swimming pools ... "Perinatal air pollution exposure and development of asthma from birth to age 10 years". European Respiratory Journal. 47 (4): ...
Cumberland City Council
There are also five council-run swimming pools. On 9 September 2017 a poll put to the residents by council asked for their ... Children aged 0 - 14 years made up 20.5 per cent of the population and people aged 65 years and over made up 11.2 per cent of ... Of people in the area aged 15 years and over, 53.3 per cent were married and 9.8 per cent were either divorced or separated. ... On 9 September 2017 the current council was elected for a fixed three-year term of office. The Mayor is elected bi-annually and ...
Western Province Prep
It has 3 sports fields: the Dauncey, the Mount Royal and the Douglas Murray; and a 25m swimming pool. The newest building on ... the Newlands side is the Centenary Pavilion, built to celebrate the school's 100th year. Stuart Abbott - rugby player for ...
West Toronto Collegiate Institute
Renovations removed the swimming pool. The TDSB uses some floor space on the third floor. West Toronto offered grades nine ... In July 2009, it was announced that the grade nine classes for the 2009-10 school year were cancelled due to a lack of students ... That September of the same year, an area mall began housing an area which served as the location of West Toronto Secondary's ... West Toronto students transferred to other schools for the 2010-11 school year and the site was transferred to Toronto Land ...
British International School Lagos
The campus is a large one with the teaching buildings surrounded by playing fields within which can be found a swimming pool ... Each year the school awards the "Dux Litterarum" cup to the most academically gifted scholar. Students at BIS have a track ... The campus includes a multi-purpose hall; a swimming pool; a theatre; and suites for computers, music, and tutorials. Encomium ... In recent years they have been regional contact and tag rugby champions in multiple age and gender Davido - singer, songwriter ...
Indian Institutes of Technology
... and swimming pools for aquatic events. Usually the hostels also have their own sports grounds. Moreover, an Inter IIT Sports ... It is completed in five years as against six years in conventional BTech (four years) followed by an MTech (two years). ... The BTech course is based on a 4-year program with eight semesters, while the Dual Degree and Integrated courses are 5-year ... Some coaching institutes say that they have individually coached nearly 800 successful candidates year after year. According to ...
Dorothy Mae Taylor
In time, schools, playgrounds, and swimming pools were desegregated. In 194, Taylor married Johnny Taylor, Jr., and the couple ... Even so, some 15 years after the ordinance was unanimously passed by the City Council and nearly six years after Mrs. Taylor ... She had started her career as a teacher in the Head Start Program, designed to benefit children in their early years. She was ... She was active for years in the Mt. Zion Methodist Church. While working as a deputy clerk in the New Orleans Civil District ...
Timeline of London
1742 28 May: Opening in London of first known British bagnio to offer a swimming pool. 16 September: Construction starts on the ... A Year-by-year Record of a Thousand Years of History. University of California Press. ISBN 978-0-520-22795-8. Leonard Schwarz ( ... ISBN 978-184831-247-0. Gordon, Ian; Inglis, Simon (2009). Great Lengths: the historic indoor swimming pools of Britain. Swindon ... 23 April: Mozart family grand tour: 8-year-old W. A. Mozart settles in London for a year. December: Benjamin Franklin arrives ...
Robert Morrison (missionary)
The Morrison Hill Swimming Pool at the centre of the former hill is a present public swimming pool in Hong Kong. The University ... In this year Morrison baptized the first convert on 14 May 1814 (seven years after his arrival). The first Protestant Chinese ... "Information on Public Swimming Pools: Morrison Hill Swimming Pool". Leisure and Cultural Services Department. Retrieved 17 ... In 1809, he met 17-year-old Mary Morton and married her on 20 February that year in Macau. They had three children: James ...
... was a swimming champion in his University and specialised in butterfly stroke. He swam for 14 years but had to quit ... "Sung Hoon returns to swimming pool". Kpop Herald. 8 August 2017. "ONE Exclusive Interview - Sung Hoon". ONE TV ASIA. 28 March ... The same year, he featured in historical drama Faith, playing an antagonist role. Later that year, he was cast in the daily ... The same year, Sung was cast in the romance-fantasy film Are You in Love? opposite Kim So-eun. The film premiered in 2020. In ...
Oaklands includes a swimming pool. This was closed in July 2012 after a leak was found. The Labour council leaders consulted ... Anon (10 July 2012). "A mini-budget to save the authority a further £800,000 this year". Daily Echo. Daily Echo. Southampton ... "Oaklands swimming pool is currently CLOSED". Southampton City Council. Archived from the original on 14 May 2012. BBC (6 July ... The closure of the pool meant a loss of 20 jobs. On 14 February 2014, the work needed to repair and reopen Oaklands swimming ...
"Why save Broomhill outdoor swimming pool". Broomhill Pool Trust. Archived from the original on 11 March 2012. Retrieved 21 ... Advertising appeared around the perimeter of the ground in the same year, while the following year saw the construction of the ... The following year, on the back of winning the Southern League, a similar terrace was built at the southern "Churchmans" end ... During the years when Ipswich were members of the Amateur Football Alliance (AFA), Portman Road was a regular venue for ...
Some hotels offer swimming pool access. Outdoor pools may be open seasonally in temperate climates. Indoor pools can be open ... year round in any climate. Most hotels offer free self-parking, though many in cities charge for parking, especially if the ...
There is a municipal swimming pool. The hunting season of large wild animals opens each year on the 15th of August. Two ...
Warren High School (Downey, California)
At the same time, a swimming pool was finally constructed for aquatic sports. In the mid-1960s, the student body raised funds ... Eventually, in 1956, Downey incorporated as the City of Downey and a few years later, the Downey Unified School District was ... "Warren High swimming pool nears completion". The Downey Patriot. Retrieved 10 October 2017. "Warren (Earl) High". SchoolDigger ... The heating pipes had corroded in the ground and at various points resulted in pools of boiling mud where the pipes had ...
St Wilfrid's Catholic High School, North Featherstone
It has its own swimming pool. The April 2007 inspection by OfSTED recognised the school as "Good with Outstanding features". ... The school has launched a theatrical production every year for approximately 20 years; the plays and musicals always draw in ... Newlands has been used for maths, music, technology and language lessons for all year groups. The school became an academy in ... were introduced in September 2006 and the school aims to extend its provision and training in NVQ in future years as it ...
H. D. Woodson High School
An olympic-sized swimming pool with spectator seating, a large gymnasium, health suite, dance studio, auditorium/theater, ... The colors of the graduating class alternated year after year. The class of 1975 was outfitted in red. The next year black, ... The closing of the school's pool did not stop the Warrior Sharks from winning the DCIAA Championship during the 1994 swim ... Hence an excerpt from the school song, "I ain't never seen a school... Equipped with such a swimming pool....Elevators, ...
Tahlee Bible College
Over the years more than 1000 students have been trained at the college. 1970 Swimming pool installed, library established. ... Over the next year, applications to rent the property to the mission were forwarded to the owner, Mr. Alfrey Beecher Stewart ... Lectures commenced on 10 June 1959, while the public opening held on 31 October of that year attracted 400 people. By 1979 the ... Tahlee Bible College (TBC) functioned for nearly 70 years as an interdenominational training centre situated at Tahlee, a 170- ...
Amphibian - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They swim together as she lay eggs in the water.p7 Sometimes, males fight to mate with a female.p7 Frogs can lay up to ... The rise of amphibians: 365 million years of evolution. Baltimore: The Johns Hopkins University Press. ISBN 978-0-8018-9140-3 ... Tree frogs usually lay their eggs on a leaf in a rainwater pool. Bullfrogs, such as the male American bullfrog and the male ... Carroll, Robert L. (2009), The rise of amphibians: 365 million years of evolution, The Johns Hopkins University Press, ISBN 978 ...
Huang, Y.; Li, Y.; Burt, D.W.; Chen, H.; Zhang, Y.; Qian, Wubin; Kim, Heebal; Gan, Shangquan; Zhao, Yiqiang; Li, Jianwen; Yi, ... The wild mallard is the ancestor of most domestic ducks, and its naturally evolved wild gene pool gets genetically polluted by ... The ducklings are precocial and fully capable of swimming as soon as they hatch. ... Yamashina, Y. (1948). "Notes on the Marianas mallard". Pacific Science. 2: 121-124.. ...
The senior school serves students from Year 7 to Year 12. They are taught according to the Dalton Plan. This method gives the ... persistence and the ability to swim against, as well as with, the tide; the wings suggest aspiration and ambition; the lamp and ... In all, the campus hosts the Packer Theatre, a studio theatre, an indoor heated pool, a gymnasium, tennis courts, playing ... Students from Years 3 to 6 are housed in the Fiona building. Junior School students have access to a broad range of school ...
Yekutieli, Y.; Sagiv-Zohar, R.; Aharonov, R.; Engel, Y.; Hochner, B.; Flash, T. (2005). "Dynamic model of the octopus arm. I. ... Jet propulsion, or backwards swimming, is their fastest means of locomotion, followed by swimming and crawling. When in no ... As juveniles, common octopuses inhabit shallow tide pools. The Hawaiian day octopus (Octopus cyanea) lives on coral reefs; ... Cephalopods have existed for 500 million years and octopus ancestors were in the Carboniferous seas 300 million years ago. The ...
The gymnasium and swimming pool were designed by Tange for the 1964 Tokyo Olympics, which were the first Olympics held in Asia ... He spent two years doing so and during that time, he read extensively about western philosophy. Tange also enrolled in the film ... His experiences at the conference may have led him to set his fifth year students a project to design a 25-thousand-person ... The "Athens Charter" promoted the idea that a city gains character from its continual changes over many years; this notion was ...
Winter Park, Florida
... gulping down 250,000 cubic yards of soil and taking with it the deep end of an Olympic-size swimming pool, chunks of two ... who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 43 years. For every 100 females, there were 83.6 males. For every 100 ... The following year the Seminole Hotel on Lake Osceola opened. This was a resort complete with the luxuries of the day: gas ... The following four years both hotel and the town became a fashionable winter resort for northern visitors. The next president ...
Rummy's Beach Club, LLC, Standard Poodle Louie dives underwater in swimming pool for his dog toy chicken - slow mo, retrieved 1 ... Standard Poodles in UK, Denmark and USA/Canada surveys had a median lifespan of 11.5 to 12 years. In a UK survey, the most ... or to jump in the swimming pool in summertime to chase after diving rings or to splash with the kids so long as they have been ... bigzaza, Standard Poodles Go Swimming, retrieved 1 February 2019. *^ "Poodle Dogs and Children - Poodle Savvy". Poodle Savvy. ...
The man was told not to go to sea for twenty years, but during the nineteenth year he went fishing and a whale came and killed ... When swimming, whales rely on their tail fin propel them through the water. Flipper movement is continuous. Whales swim by ... They were kept in a tidal pool with a sea-gate at the Izu Mito Sea Paradise. Another, unsuccessful, attempt was made by the U.S ... Males typically mate with multiple females every year, but females only mate every two to three years. Calves are typically ...
Singapore American School
... swimming pools, tennis courts, a rainforest, and an eco-garden. ... SAS teachers' average stay at the school is 8.4 years. Currently, 60% of SAS teachers have over five years' tenure at the ... 2 elementary school pools and a 25-meter pool shared by the middle and high schools ... Offering around 25 AP courses each year, SAS has one of the largest AP programs of any school outside the US in the spring of ...
Aquarius Reef Base
Access to the water is made via the 'wet porch', a chamber equipped with a moon pool, which keeps the air pressure inside the ... Cousteau estimated the team collected the equivalent of two years' worth of surface diving data during the mission, enough for ... Swimming at the 1900 Summer Olympics - Men's underwater swimming. Organisations. *AIDA International ...
... swimming pool, water depot, etc. (ideally, it should be a body of "living water"). At the end of the ceremony the priest will ... Between the years 1973 and 1991 Epiphany was observed in Finland on a Saturday each year no earlier than January 6, and no ... thousands of people jump into the Black Sea at midnight each year on Epiphany and begin to swim in celebration of the feast.[ ... Good Year Books. p. 97. ISBN 9780673165855. .. *^ A Study Guide for William Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night" (2 ed.). Cengage ...
The age of the Earth is about 4.54 billion years. Scientific evidence suggests that life began on Earth at least ... the cell membranes of archaea are usually bounded by a cell wall and they swim using one or more flagella. Structurally, ... square archaea that live in hypersaline pools. These unusual shapes are probably maintained both by their cell walls and a ... Wegley, L; Yu, Y; Breitbart, M; Casas, V; Kline, D.I; Rohwer, F (2004). "Coral-associated Archaea" (PDF). Marine Ecology ...
Jewish insurgency in Mandatory Palestine
Two policemen were abducted from a swimming pool in Herzliya but escaped shortly afterward. During this period, the Haganah ... a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z aa ab ac ad ae af ag ah ai aj ak al am an ao ap "Timeline of British Rule ... a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z aa ab ac ad ae af ag ah ai aj ak al am an ao Bell, Bowyer J.: Terror out of ... Y. Bauer, Out of the Ashes: The Impact of American Jews on Post-Holocaust European Jewry (Oxford: Pergamon 1989) chapter 2. ...
Death of Caylee Anthony
Walter Pacheco, Defense bombshell: Caylee Anthony drowned in family swimming pool[dead link], Orlando Sentinel, May 24, 2011. ... July 5, 2011; 6 years ago (2011-07-05). Verdict. Not guilty on one count of first-degree murder, one count of aggravated ... The defense team, led by Jose Baez, countered that the child had drowned accidentally in the family's swimming pool on June 16 ... Caylee has passed on far, far too soon, and what my driving force has been for the last three years has been always to make ...
... which at one point trapped his father Greg under a marble column and caused water from their swimming pool to flood their house ... Early years. Cassel was born in Northridge, Los Angeles, California. When he was 11 years old, his family home was at the ... Cassel, in the last year of his four-year rookie contract, was scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent in 2009. Given the ... He also had an appearance in the HBO Family program Freshman Year, a reality show in which his younger brother was one of the ...
Leighton Park School
In Years 7-8 students can stay until 7.30pm, while in more senior years students are welcome to stay until 9.30pm. ... King's Meadow swimming pool. *Leighton Park School. *Maiwand Lion. *Malmaison Hotel. *Prospect Park ... Entry to the school is usually at Year 7, 9 or 12 - but may also be permitted in other years, subject to availability. The ... Leighton Park School, Leighton Park: The first 100 years (pub. 1990).. External links. Wikimedia Commons has media ...
... drawing from a pool of 30 new songs written by Wilson in the previous two years. Recording sessions took place at Avatar ... "Stop Swimming", Wilson can be heard saying "the saddest music is often the most beautiful." ... It's always conceivable that we could get back together in a year or five years, or 10 years. I really can't say - there are no ... The Delerium years (1991-1997). On the Sunday of Life.... Along with the A Psychedelic Psauna compilation, which ...
East End of London
The complex was completed with a library, swimming pool, gymnasium and winter garden, by 1892, providing an eclectic mix of ... Fishman, William J. (1988). East End 1888: a year in a London borough among the labouring poor. London: Duckworth. ISBN 0-7156- ... After years of disuse, it has been converted to a public house. The theatre spawned two further arts projects: the Half ... This cost a single penny for bathing or washing, and by June 1847 was receiving 4,284 people a year. This led to an Act of ...
... now home to a leisure centre with an indoor and an outdoor swimming pool, and the Museum in the Park, a museum of the history ... For many years Stroud has hosted a fringe festival on the second weekend in September. A new committee took over in early 2015 ... Stroud Swimming Club was officially formed in 1978, but can trace its origins back to 1905 when it was known as Stroud Swimming ... "Severnside Tritons Swimming Club". Swin England. Retrieved 19 July 2020.. *^ "General ElectionResult: Siobhan Kathleen Baillie" ...
1934-92: Growth years and lake decline. The descendants of European settlers began coming to the area of the lake in the ... 1967 picture of swimming facilities at McNiven Beach. Yellowknife's growth was briefly interrupted by World War II, but when it ... Just south of McNiven Beach is a recreational facility with an arena and pool, again close to the water's edge. ... By 8,000 years ago, it had drained and evaporated to the point that only small remnants were left, such as Athabasca, Great ...
The rat must swim around the pool until by chance it discovers just below the surface the hidden platform onto which it can ... Cho, Y. H.; Kesner, R. P. (1996). "Involvement of entorhinal cortex or parietal cortex in long-term spatial discrimination ... Typically, rats swim around the edge of the pool first before venturing out into the center in a meandering pattern before ... The owners and the cat hadn't lived in that house for well over a year. Logie (1995) proposed that the visuo-spatial sketchpad ...
Burbank High School (Burbank, California)
By 2005, the campus also had a new gym, pool, visual and performing arts center, parking structure[clarification needed], ... In the past several years, the Academic Performance Index score (derived from State Testing) has risen by 95 points to a score ... swimming, water-polo, volleyball and soccer. It competes in the California Interscholastic Federation's Southern Section as a ... "Burbank High School celebrates 100 years of memories". Los Angeles Daily News. Retrieved April 24, 2014.. Check date values in ...
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z aa Hardiman O, Al-Chalabi A, Chio A, Corr EM, Logroscino G, Robberecht W, ... swimming, and stationary bicycling can strengthen unaffected muscles, improve cardiovascular health, and help people fight ... "Smoking and risk of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: a pooled analysis of 5 prospective cohorts". Archives of Neurology. 68 (2 ... 2.6/100,000 per year (Europe). Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also known as motor neurone disease (MND) or Lou ...
The Park incorporates an outdoor Swimming Pool, GAA grounds (Páirc Shíleáin), Lakeside Pitch & Putt Course and an all-weather ... Over the next 200 years, this family was to play a significant part in the development of the town and district which has the ...
Hassal, IB (1989). "Thirty-six consecutive under 5 year old domestic swimming pool drownings". Australian Paediatric Journal. ... These children most commonly drowned in swimming pools, often at their own homes. Traditionally, swimming lessons started at ... Children are essentially taught to swim, flip over and float, then flip over and swim again. Thus, the method is called "swim, ... to 4-year-old children receive swimming lessons. The AAP further stated that in spite of the popularity of swimming lessons for ...
... and was honorably discharged after five years of service. He learned to scuba dive while working with Florida State University' ... Neutral buoyancy pool. *Neutral buoyancy simulation as a training aid. *Neutral Buoyancy Simulator ... Swimming at the 1900 Summer Olympics - Men's underwater swimming. Organisations. *AIDA International ...
United States Marine Corps Reconnaissance Training Company
Marines in this platoon typically do a pool based workout in the morning followed by a land based workout in the afternoon. ... Students can expect daily running, swimming and calisthenics required for the Basic Reconnaissance Course. Students receive ... facilitated the reconstruction of the course's training protocol and to meet the demands of 600 more recon Marines per year. ... 3 mile run in maximum time of 22 minutes and 30 seconds and a 500 meter swim in 20 minutes wearing camouflage utilities  ...
These ten chromosomes form five unique pairs of XY in males and XX in females, i.e. males are X1Y1X2Y2X3Y3X4Y4X5Y5. One of ... The milk pools in grooves on her abdomen, allowing the young to lap it up. After they hatch, the offspring are suckled ... When swimming, it can be distinguished from other Australian mammals by the absence of visible ears. Uniquely among mammals ... In captivity, platypuses have survived to 17 years of age, and wild specimens have been recaptured when 11 years old. Mortality ...
The Judd School
... followed three years later by a new gymnasium. Although not first used until two years later, a swimming pool was constructed ... 20 per year. In June of that year, a shed to house cricket equipment was constructed at the cost of £13/10s. It was soon ... Post-war years: 1945-1986. 10 Brook Street is known as Lawton's, after a former head of the Kent Education Committee who ... A minimum of 40 offers per year will be made to external applicants; girls are admitted in Year Twelve (aged 16) and make up ...
Full face diving mask
For very many years British armed forces divers have used the Admiralty Pattern full face mask, with a long rectangular window ... CGI image of 2 divers swimming with CDBA British armed forces rebreathers with Admiralty pattern full face masks ... as in the Admiralty Pattern full-face mask made for many years by Siebe Gorman and used on the Siebe Gorman CDBA. ... A diver in a pool wearing an AGA full face mask. A diver wearing an Ocean Reef full face mask ...
Livermore: 4-year-old boy drowns in backyard swimming pool
LIVERMORE - A 4-year-old boy who briefly wandered from his mothers view drowned Thursday afternoon in the family swimming pool ... from a mother who reported that she had found her child at the bottom of her backyard swimming pool, Livermore police Officer ... Livermore: 4-year-old boy drowns in backyard… Share this:. *Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window) ... The woman pulled the boy from the pool and moved him to a poolside deck, and was on the phone with dispatchers who were helping ...
Demi Moore 'in absolute shock' after 21-year-old man drowned in her swimming pool - NME
Demi Moore has issued a public statement after a 21-year-old man was found dead in her swimming pool yesterday (July 19), ... Demi Moore in absolute shock after 21-year-old man drowned in her swimming pool. Credit: Getty ... Los Angeles Police Department officer Mike Lopez described the victim as "a 21-year-old male Hispanic from Los Angeles". He is ...
Swimming pool drownings among US residents aged 5-24 years: understanding racial/ethnic disparities
Targeted interventions are needed to reduce the incidence of swimming pool drownings across racial/ethnic groups, particularly ... Swimming pool drownings among US residents aged 5-24 years: understanding racial/ethnic disparities Am J Public Health. 2006 ... Objective: We examined circumstances surrounding swimming pool drownings among US residents aged 5 to 24 years to understand ... Results: During the study period, 678 US residents aged 5 to 24 years drowned in pools. Seventy-five percent were male, 47% ...
10-year-old girl saves little sister from drowning at swimming pool
... Share ... A 10-year-old girl is being heralded a hero for her quick-thinking actions that saved her 3-year-old sister from drowning. ... A 10-year-old girl is being heralded a hero for her quick-thinking actions that saved her 3-year-old sister from drowning. ... She jumped into a pool located at the Savoy Apartment Complex in the Atlanta, Georgia, area with a floatie on but when she got ...
9-year-old California girl electrocuted while swimming in pool, police believe
Police say a 9-year-old Northern California girl died Sunday afternoon after she was apparently electrocuted when a swimming ... 9-year-old California girl electrocuted while swimming in pool, police believe. Published July 18, 2019. ... Nesson has operated All Clear Pool and Spa Supply in Elk Grove for 30 years. He said theres a reason that ground wires for ... say a 9-year-old Northern California girl died Sunday afternoon after she was apparently electrocuted when a swimming pool ...
Mother's Urgent Summer Safety Message After 6-Year-Old Escapes Death By Swimming Pool Filter
The six-year-old from Leeds was playing in the swimming pool at the H10 Rubicon Palace in Lanzarote in April when it appears ... Mothers Urgent Summer Safety Message After 6-Year-Old Escapes Death By Swimming Pool Filter. Family * ... The manager just said that in 15 years of that swimming pool being there, they had never had any problems." ... Darcey Morgan was trapped under the water by her hair, unable to swim up to the surface. The force of the swimming pool filter ...
'Save our pool': £5k campaign to fix Hagbourne's 50-year-old swimming pool | Oxford...
... teachers and parents are campaigning to save their school swimming pool after a small leak became an urgent problem. ... Save our pool: £5k campaign to fix Hagbournes 50-year-old swimming pool. ... Save our pool: £5k campaign to fix Hagbournes 50-year-old swimming pool. ... Hagbourne CE Primary School near Didcot has had a swimming pool for more than 50 years, but a major leak has been found which ...
Coroner: 71-year-old man drowns after falling into a residential swimming pool
A 71-year-old man drowned after he accidentally fell into a swimming pool while doing yard work, according to the Kern County ... A 71-year-old man drowned after he accidentally fell into a swimming pool while doing yard work, according to the Kern County ... Coroner: 71-year-old man drowns after falling into a residential swimming pool. ... Alberto Flores Garcia was doing yard work at a home in Northwest Bakersfield when he fell into a swimming pool and died. ...
North west smokers drop enough butts to fill an Olympic-sized swimming pool every year | Blackpool Gazette
North west smokers drop enough butts to fill an Olympic-sized swimming pool every year. Smokers in the north west drop enough ... Smokers in the north west drop enough cigarette butts to fill an Olympic-sized swimming pool every year, according to new ... Thats enough cigarette butts found discarded on the streets of England to fill seven Olympic swimming pools every year (and ... cigarette butts to fill an Olympic-sized swimming pool every year, according to new research.. By Phil Cunnington ...
Francis Family Y Stingrays Swim Meet (Lap Pool Closed) - YMCA of Greater Toledo
The Y is the nations leading nonprofit committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and ... Francis Family Y Stingrays Swim Meet (Lap Pool Closed). Date: November 11, 2017. Time: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm. ... Join the Y and pay no joiner fee, plus receive FREE Y gear.*. *While supplies last. ... Joiner fee waived and receive free Y gear while supplies last. Offer valid until January 31, 2018. ...
Heroic San Diego woman rescues baby possum drowning in swimming pool
Daina Buchner saw a baby possum drowning in her swimming pool and goes in the water with a red bucket to save it. She takes ... The 46-year-old suspect, named only as Jurgen C, had previously made threats against Marc van Ranst, one of Belgiums most high ... Daina Buchner saw a baby possum drowning in her swimming pool and goes in the water with a red bucket to save it. She takes ... Heroic San Diego woman rescues baby possum drowning in swimming pool. 18 April 2021, 7:00 am. ...
German lifesavers urge gov't to counter closure of public swimming pools - Xinhua | English.news.cn
In the last 20 years, an average of around 80 indoor and outdoor public swimming pools had been closed annually in Germany. ... German lifesavers urge govt to counter closure of public swimming pools Source: Xinhua, 2019-12-10 00:37:27,Editor: Mu Xuequan ... For years, the DLRG had been "very concerned about the disastrous trend" of closures of public pools in Germany, said DLRG ... 9 (Xinhua) -- Too many public swimming pools in Germany had closed or were in a bad condition, the German Life Saving ...
Ocular and Respiratory Illness Associated with an Indoor Swimming Pool --- Nebraska, 2006
... venues each year (4). Throughout the country, swimming-pool operators are responsible for proper maintenance of public pools ... nonmunicipal pool operators. To ensure the safety of indoor swimming-pool environments, pool owners should ensure that pool ... swimming in an indoor motel swimming pool. The pool was inspected the same day and immediately closed by NDHHS because of ... pool operators and refrain from entering the implicated pool area and swimming in the pool. References. ...
Ark. Girl, 12, Who Battled Brain-Eating Amoeba Goes Swimming in Hospital Pool - ABC News
... girl who is recovering after battling a rare infection caused by a brain-eating amoeba went swimming at a hospital pool on ... A 12-year-old Arkansas girl who is recovering after battling a rare infection caused by a brain-eating amoeba went swimming at ... The girl prepared for her swim by going into the hospitals pool room to feel the water and get acclimated with the pools ... Kali took steps to conquer her fear of the water on Friday afternoon, spending an hour swimming at the hospitals pool ...
INFINITY POOLS - Swimming Pools & Spas - Huntington Beach, CA - Reviews - Kudzu.com
AND DOES WEEKLY SERVICE ON SWIMMING POOLS, SPAS, AND WATER... ... Rated 0 of 5 stars 0 Reviews of INFINITY POOLS - OUR COMPANY ... Home Services & Furnishings>Swimming Pools & SpasHome Services & Furnishings. Swimming Pools & Spas. ... THE C-61 D-35 IS A POOL AND SPA MAINTENANCE CLASSIFICATION AND THE C-53 WHICH IS THE SWIMMING POOL AND SPA CONSTRUCTION LICENSE ... OUR COMPANY BUILDS, REMODELS, AND DOES WEEKLY SERVICE ON SWIMMING POOLS, SPAS, AND WATER FEATURES. WE ARE A LICENSED CONTRACTOR ...
Ou Est le Swimming Pool - Wikipedia
The Golden Year (11 October 2010; Australia: 1 October 2010) Ou Est le Swimming Pool Allmusic Ou Est Le Swimming Pool biography ... "Discography Ou Est Le Swimming Pool". Hung Medien. chart.org.nz. Retrieved 14 September 2010. Ou Est le Swimming Pool on ... "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool:The Golden Year". The Guardian. Retrieved 25 October 2011. "Live Review: La Roux and Ou Est Le Swimming ... Haddon was 22 years old. On 3 October 2010, the remaining Ou Est Le Swimming Pool members arranged a festival, billed as ...
Samoan 52" Steel Above Ground Swimming Pool Kit
The Samoan above ground pool features durable all steel construction at a competitive price. Choose a complete kit in round or ... 30 Year Warranty. Backed by a 30 year above ground pool warranty*, a 6 month price match guarantee and a 75 Day no-hassle ... Complete Pool Kits. Everything you need to get swimming!. Choose from two convenient pool packages. Standard Kits are perfect ... Ready to swim in one weekend!. Assembly and installation are easy and simple! Samoan pools are designed to assemble quickly and ...
Does Access to Saltwater Swimming Pools Reduce Ear Pathology and Hearing Loss in School Children of Remote Arid Zone Aboriginal...
To assess whether access to saltwater chlorinated swimming pools in remote Aboriginal communities is beneficial in reducing ... Children of Remote Arid Zone Aboriginal Communities? A Prospective Three Year Cohort Study.". To assess whether access to ... Injured coliforms in swimming pools : How big a threat?. A swimming pool is an important leisure facility, but it can harbor ... Health risk of swimming pool disinfection by-products: a regulatory perspective.. While disinfection of swimming pools is ...
4 Ways to Diagnose and Remove Any Swimming Pool Stain - wikiHow
However, swimming in a dirty pool can put a damper on the fun and keep people out of the pool. Stains occur... ... Jumping into a nice, cool pool provides a great escape from the summer heat. ... How to Diagnose and Remove Any Swimming Pool Stain. ... diagnosticar y quitar cualquier mancha en una piscina, العربية ... Keep organic pool stains out of your pool by keeping your pool water free of natural debris. Either skim your pool or use an ...
BBB Business Profile | Min's Swimming Pool Contractor
Business Reviews and Ratings for Mins Swimming Pool Contractor in Glendale, CA. ... BBBs Business Profile for Mins Swimming Pool Contractor, ... Mins Swimming Pool Contractor. 23 years in business. 315 ... BBB reports on a company that is out of business for one year from the date the company closes its doors or ceases to do ... BBB Business Profiles generally cover a three-year reporting period. BBB Business Profiles are subject to change at any time. ...
How to Get Rid of Blackspot Algae in Your Swimming Pool: 13 Steps
How to Get Rid of Blackspot Algae in Your Swimming Pool. Algae are diverse, simple plants that thrive in water. Of all the alga ... Get-Rid-of-Blackspot-Algae-in-Your-Swimming-Pool-Step-9.jpg\/v4-460px-Get-Rid-of-Blackspot-Algae-in-Your-Swimming-Pool-Step-9. ... Get-Rid-of-Blackspot-Algae-in-Your-Swimming-Pool-Step-10.jpg\/v4-460px-Get-Rid-of-Blackspot-Algae-in-Your-Swimming-Pool-Step-10 ... Get-Rid-of-Blackspot-Algae-in-Your-Swimming-Pool-Step-11.jpg\/v4-460px-Get-Rid-of-Blackspot-Algae-in-Your-Swimming-Pool-Step-11 ...
The 10 Best Swimming Pool Maintenance Services in Oro Valley, AZ
Here is the definitive list of Oro Valleys swimming pool maintenance services as rated by the Oro Valley, AZ community. Want ... How much does it cost per year to maintain a pool?. It will cost around $1,032 per year for a weekly pool cleaning service. ... The pool expert can give you advice on things you can do to better maintain your pool, and your swimming pool may retain its ... How long does it take to clean a pool?. The time it takes to clean a swimming pool depends heavily on the pools condition and ...
Acute Illness and Injury from Swimming Pool Disinfectants and Other Chemicals --- United States, 2002--2008
Chlorine-related inhalation injury from a swimming pool disinfectant in a 9-year-old girl. Pediatr Emerg Care 2006;22:254--7. ... Acute Illness and Injury from Swimming Pool Disinfectants and Other Chemicals --- United States, 2002--2008. Swimming pools ... Swimming pools require frequent application of disinfectants and other pool chemicals, and exposure to these chemicals can ... Chlorine-based disinfectants are the most commonly used disinfectants for treating swimming pool water. A total of 36 pool ...
Could Norwich get a new public swimming pool at Mile Cross depot? | Politics | Eastern Daily Press
Norwich could be set for a new public swimming pool, with council bosses ready to spend more than £200,000 to explore whether ... Its more than 25 years since the gates were locked for lost time on Lakenham Swimming Pool. ... St Augustines Swimming Pool opened in 1961 at a cost of £163,000. The 110ft long and 42ft wide pool was beloved by swimmers, ... But, in late 1996 the pool was closed and never re-opened. Years passed, with Norwich not having a public pool, until Riverside ...
All New Certified Pool-Spa OperatorÂ® Handbook Introduced The Most Important Recreational Water Manual Written in the Last 10...
... introduced the long-awaited Certified Pool-Spa OperatorÂ® ... The National Swimming Pool FoundationÂ®(NSPFÂ®) introduced the ... Â The launch of the new CPOÂ® Handbook is the biggest educational advance in the recreational water field in many years. It ... The National Swimming Pool FoundationÂ®(NSPFÂ®) introduced the long-awaited Certified Pool-Spa OperatorÂ® Handbook at the ... Certified Pool-Spa Operator HandbookFollow this professional training manual to properly operate pools and spas. Reduce risks ...
Quaint Holiday Home with Swimming Pool in Montrichard France, Bourré, France - Booking.com
Located in Bourré, Quaint Holiday Home with Swimming Pool in Montrichard France has self-catering accommodations with a terrace ... We bring more than 35 years of experience in satisfying our guests (you!) and helping them find the perfect holiday. When you ... Vacation Home Quaint Holiday Home with Swimming Pool in Montrichard France Quaint Holiday Home with Swimming Pool in ... Does Quaint Holiday Home with Swimming Pool in Montrichard France have a pool? ...
Coronavirus and Memorial Day: Are the pool, beach, gym safe to visit?
I have a 7-year-old grandson and they are opening swimming pools. How can I protect him?. - Connie from Columbus, Ohio ... Risk of transmission increases if the pool is crowded.. An outdoor pool would likely be a safer option than an indoor pool, ... "If youre in a community that has transmission, a community swimming pool makes no sense," said Greg Poland, director of the ... However, the greatest risk at pools isnt the water, experts say. Its the other people at the pool, who could spread the virus ...
Punta Cana Catamaran Tour with Reef Snorkel, Natural Swim Pool 2020 - Dominican Republic
Minimum age to drink alcohol is 18 years old. *Minimum age to attend is 2 years old ... Stop at the natural swimming pool to relax and take in the scenery. Sip domestic drinks from the open bar while listening to ... Natural swim was where the party really started, drinks on the water, jumping off the boat, great music from our own personal ... Even surprised me with a cake! The kids loved eating nachos and salsa in the water at the natural pool. I do recommend the ...
Swimming Pools as Low as $49 at Walmart! - Common Sense With Money
Swimming Pools as Low as $49 at Walmart!. 6 years ago No Comments ... If the quick set pools just arent your thing, here are a couple metal frame swimming pools… ... If youve given up o the idea of getting a swimming pool because you think theyre too expensive, think again! Walmart has some ... decent swimming pools right now for as low as $48.88!. Two of these are the "quick set" pools, with the inflatable rings at the ...
Suspected illegal 'tries to rape girl' - WND
12-year-old swimming in pool. Published: 06/07/2006 at 3:32 PM. ... trying to rape a 12-year-old girl he saw in a swimming pool. ... Authorities say the suspect, 24-year-old Noe Lorenzo Moran, a native of Honduras, was working as a painter at Vero Beachs ... Waterford Lakes when he targeted the child, who was swimming alone.. Police reports indicate Moran forced the girl against a ...
SPASTubsPool'sDisinfectSwimmers and swimRemote Aboriginal communitiesAdultsBackyard swim2017AdultAlgaeLearnt to swimMaidstone Swimming ClubIngroundMultifamily buildings2016InflatableChemicalsDisinfectionInfancyHeat exchangerChildrenOutdoorInhalationRacquet Club of PhilDrankTraditional swimCaliforniaPublicChildren's poolTimeOlympicKuttam PokunaSupervisionRecreationalChlorine levelsAfternoonShapeLifeguardCONTRACTORSearchAreaPrivate Swimming PoolFactorsRespiratoryOccasionContractorsFoundDeckCommonlyFiltration199719thShockUnderwaterPandemicAssess the influence
- Certified Pool-Spa Operator Handbook Follow this professional training manual to properly operate pools and spas. (prweb.com)
- There is no evidence that the coronavirus can be spread to people through the water in pools, hot tubs, spas or water play areas , according to the CDC. (coloradoan.com)
- Swim spas can be grouped into three main types. (hubpages.com)
- These swim spas can often seat up to six people whilst the swim end is also in use. (hubpages.com)
- Dedicated fitness pools are usually deeper than other swim spas, and offer the ultimate home swimming experience, using powerful, zero-turbulence counter-current arrays designed to satisfy the serious swimmer. (hubpages.com)
- Swim spas offer a number of advantages over conventional, traditional swimming pools. (hubpages.com)
- We sell Sundance Hot Tubs and Hydropool Swim Spas. (homestars.com)
- Hot tubs and spas are pools filled with water that is heated and then used for relaxation or hydrotherapy . (wikipedia.org)
- Designed to remove leaves from hard-surface pools or spas, this Swimming Pool Leaf Vacuum. (homedepot.com)
- Spas and hot tubs, like pools, can be a wonderful addition to your home and lifestyle. (hometips.com)
- Spas and hot tubs may be freestanding, set in the ground, or part of a larger swimming pool. (hometips.com)
- The NSF is made up of many different divisions covering a wide range of topics, including the Water Division which covers swimming pools and spas. (hydrologicblog.com)
- Most Spas will also have on site leisure facilities for you to take advantage of - including swimming pools, saunas, Jacuzzis and steam rooms. (visitsouthdevon.co.uk)
- Public resorts have indoor and outdoor swimming pools, as well as fitness centres, gym classes, spas and play areas for children. (visitsouthdevon.co.uk)
- Disinfecting the water with chlorine or bromine - disinfectants typically used in pools and hot tubs, respectively - should inactivate the virus, the CDC says. (coloradoan.com)
- The CDC this week published guidance for public pools, hot tubs and water parks on how to safely reopen. (coloradoan.com)
- Water products for both swimming pools and hot tubs. (homestars.com)
- The six-year-old from Leeds was playing in the swimming pool at the H10 Rubicon Palace in Lanzarote in April when it appears her hair became stuck in the pool's filter. (inquisitr.com)
- The girl prepared for her swim by going into the hospital's pool room to feel the water and get acclimated with the pool's surroundings on Thursday, Tompkins said. (go.com)
- The time it takes to clean a swimming pool depends heavily on the pool's condition and size. (thumbtack.com)
- Your pool's surroundings should be just as appealing and relaxing as your swimming pool. (medium.com)
- Sanitizers (like chlorine and bromine) disinfect pool water. (thumbtack.com)
- Chlorine is a chemical that is commonly used to disinfect water , such as the water in swimming pools. (naturalnews.com)
- These findings led to the postulate that the chlorine used to disinfect swimming pools can cause airway changes making the lungs more sensitive to infection- and asthma-inducing agents 12 . (ersjournals.com)
Swimmers and swim2
- This study aims to assess the influence of exposure to swimming pool environment on respiratory symptoms and diseases, and on cancer outcomes among swimmers and swimming pool attendants. (bioportfolio.com)
- An investigation detects for the first time the presence of haloacetic acids in swimmers and swimming pool employees. (uco.es)
Remote Aboriginal communities2
- To assess whether access to saltwater chlorinated swimming pools in remote Aboriginal communities is beneficial in reducing levels of middle ear disease and hearing loss in school children. (bioportfolio.com)
- 3. Hall G, Sibthorpe B. Health benefits of swimming pools in remote Aboriginal communities. (mja.com.au)
- Today, the pool is popular for both children and adults. (worldatlas.com)
- Some of them even started a Change.org petition asking that the event criteria be changed to allow for only people 18 years of age or older, as it simply wouldn't be appropriate to have young children present in the nude alongside adults whom they don't even know. (naturalnews.com)
- Aquarius Swimmers Sandbach are a not for profit organisation offering recreational swimming for adults and children, and whilst supporting people of all abilities they are especially welcoming of those with disabilities and learning difficulties, offering swimming in a quiet and informal environment. (justgiving.com)
- The Leça Swimming Pool complex consists of changing rooms, a café and two swimming pools, one for adults and one for children. (archdaily.com)
- Public swimming pools in South Devon can be found in most towns and cities - so no matter what the weather, kids and adults can enjoy a great day out in the water. (visitsouthdevon.co.uk)
- Officers responded to a 911 call in the 1400 block of Heidelberg Drive at 12:49 p.m. from a mother who reported that she had found her child at the bottom of her backyard swimming pool, Livermore police Officer Steve Goard said. (mercurynews.com)
- Targeted interventions are needed to reduce the incidence of swimming pool drownings across racial/ethnic groups, particularly adult supervision at public pools. (nih.gov)
- According to the "Ready Reckoner" tool created by Ash.org.uk, in England, an estimated 15.5 per cent of the 18-plus population smoke cigarettes (2016) - that's 6,739,832 adult smokers - at an approximated £12.6 billion cost to society each year. (blackpoolgazette.co.uk)
- It is located further inland whereas the adult swimming pool seems to be set inside the Atlantic Ocean. (archdaily.com)
- The adult swimming pool is made with low concrete walls and natural rock formations are spread along its edges. (archdaily.com)
- There are no Adult Swim lessons currently scheduled. (lakelandgov.net)
- Next Steps The Lap Pool will be open to adult masters swim team and youth swim team during construction work needed in the Family Pool. (aspenrecreation.com)
- These are likely caused by leaves, berries, algae, worms, dead animals, or other organic debris that will leave stains if allowed to settle on the pool surface. (wikihow.com)
- Of all the alga types and species on the planet, black algae can be the most difficult to treat and most resilient to remove from a swimming pool. (wikihow.com)
- Alga spores may always be present in your pool, but problems arise when the right conditions are present and the algae are able to bloom. (wikihow.com)
- There are ways to treat your pool and rid it of black algae, but prevention is always the best approach. (wikihow.com)
- Other alga species that are common in pools are green algae, mustard or yellow algae, and pink algae, which is actually a bacterium. (wikihow.com)
- Algae tend to bloom in pools that have poor circulation, poor filtration, a high pH level, and a low chlorine level. (wikihow.com)
- By spot-cleaning when needed, such as skimming leaves and debris out of the pool or scrubbing away an algae spot, you can keep your pool in prime condition. (thumbtack.com)
- You can use sphagnum moss to naturally fight algae and bacteria in your swimming pool. (naturalnews.com)
- Swimming helps keep mustard algae away by circulating pool water. (ehow.com)
- Mustard algae can take residence in pools for a number of reasons: poor water circulation, low chlorine levels or not enough sun light. (ehow.com)
- In general, on the first day the mustard algae is spotted, brush the entire pool and add the metallic algaecide. (ehow.com)
- Look for any signs of the mustard algae by the distinctive yellow tarnish over tiles, brick, anything else inside and near the pool. (ehow.com)
- Mustard algae can live outside of a pool, so check the nearby area as well. (ehow.com)
- Regularly test your pool for the main factors that keep algae at bay: pH, sanitizer such as chlorine, levels, alkalinity and calcium hardness. (ehow.com)
- Even though you can see mustard algae, there are places in the pool system where mustard algae could live but that you can't observe, such as in the pool filter. (ehow.com)
- Douglas Buege and Vicky Uhland explain how to build a natural swimming pool on your homestead, includes information on pool zoning, natural filtration, sealing the pool and algae control. (motherearthnews.com)
- The Olympic diving pool turned green Aug. 9 after a maintenance worker mistakenly added hydrogen peroxide, which neutralized the chlorine and allowed organic compounds like algae to bloom. (thewrap.com)
Learnt to swim2
- Parents, pupils and teachers are appealing to everyone who learnt to swim at the school pool or who has ever enjoyed a swim there to come forward and help out by donating £5. (oxfordmail.co.uk)
- This club has been an absolute blessing for Sam, as not only has he increased in confidence and learnt to swim, but he has also made an incredible group of friends. (justgiving.com)
Maidstone Swimming Club1
-  The Maidstone Swimming Club in Maidstone , Kent is believed to be the oldest surviving swimming club in Britain. (wikipedia.org)
- The most common pools are "inground", meaning they are built into the ground and are of custom size and shape. (worldatlas.com)
- What are your thoughts about having a swimming pool in small multifamily buildings? (biggerpockets.com)
- Conclusions Paediatric swimming pool submersions in multifamily buildings are spatially clustered. (bmj.com)
- The likelihood of submersions is higher for children who live in multifamily buildings with pools than those who live in single-family homes with pools. (bmj.com)
- Most cases were reported in the months of July and August, and 2016 was a peak year for outbreaks with more than 80. (fox2now.com)
- Two of these are the "quick set" pools, with the inflatable rings at the top. (commonsensewithmoney.com)
- Chemicals that kill or inhibit the growth of fungi in agricultural applications, on wood, plastics, or other materials, in swimming pools, etc. (bioportfolio.com)
- Test pool levels and balance chemicals often. (wikihow.com)
- Ultimately, the cost will depend on the size of your pool as well as the materials, chemicals and service needed. (thumbtack.com)
- Pools that receive regular weekly cleaning should take less time to clean, even if the cleaning includes skimming, scrubbing, applying chemicals and vacuuming. (thumbtack.com)
- What chemicals do you need to clean a pool? (thumbtack.com)
- The main categories of pool chemicals include sanitizers, oxidizers, water balancers, and specialty chemicals. (thumbtack.com)
- If you don't know how to properly use pool cleaning chemicals, consider hiring a professional pool cleaner to help you maintain your pool. (thumbtack.com)
- Swimming pools require disinfectants and other chemicals to maintain water quality and prevent swimmers from acquiring infections ( 1 ). (cdc.gov)
- To assess the frequency of illness and injury related to pool chemicals, CDC analyzed data for the period 2002--2008 from six states participating in the Sentinel Event Notification System for Occupational Risk (SENSOR)--Pesticides surveillance program and from the National Electronic Injury Surveillance System (NEISS). (cdc.gov)
- This report describes the results of that analysis, which identified 584 cases of illness or injury associated with pool chemicals in the six SENSOR-Pesticides states and indicated an estimated national total of 28,071 cases (based on 688 NEISS cases) during that period. (cdc.gov)
- NEISS cases † were those involving exposure to swimming pool chemicals (product code 938). (cdc.gov)
- Neither state nor NEISS cases were included if the illness or injury was not directly caused by pool chemicals. (cdc.gov)
- Their Eco-Smart pools match the topography of your backyard, use a filtration system that doesn't require harsh chemicals, and can be heated using solar panels. (grist.org)
- According to a study in the American Journal of Epidemiology , exposure to swimming pool chemicals through inhalation, ingestion, or skin absorption can be detrimental to one's health. (naturalnews.com)
- In one study, exposure to chemically treated pools that had concentrations of chlorine-based pool chemicals at a rate of two to four parts per million (ppm) was observed to cause constriction in the airways of the lungs, resulting in breathing problems. (naturalnews.com)
- Natural swimming pools use gravel stone and clay in place of concrete or fiberglass, and aquatic plants instead of harmful chemicals and complicated mechanical filtering systems. (motherearthnews.com)
- Natural swimming pools require no harmful chemicals, are fairly low-tech, and once established call for only a modicum of management. (motherearthnews.com)
- An exploration of disinfection by-products formation and governing factors in chlorinated swimming pool water. (bioportfolio.com)
- This paper investigates disinfection by-products (DBPs) formation and their relationship with governing factors in chlorinated swimming pools. (bioportfolio.com)
- Disinfection of swimming pools can cause bacterial injury, when cells are exposed t. (bioportfolio.com)
- Health risk of swimming pool disinfection by-products: a regulatory perspective. (bioportfolio.com)
- While disinfection of swimming pools is indispensable for microbiological safety, it may lead to the formation of disinfection by-products. (bioportfolio.com)
- 7 Due to the common use of chlorine and its compounds for water disinfection, mishaps in the chlorinating of swimming pools represent an important risk of exposure. (bmj.com)
- Haloacetic acids appear when the chlorine habitually used in the disinfection of the water reacts with other components present in swimming pools (residues of urine, hair, etc. (uco.es)
- Recent studies suggest that swimming in chlorinated pools during infancy may increase the risks of lower respiratory tract infection. (ersjournals.com)
- 20 h spent in chlorinated pools during infancy. (ersjournals.com)
- Swimming pool attendance during infancy is associated with a higher risk of bronchiolitis, with ensuing increased risks of asthma and allergic sensitisation. (ersjournals.com)
- A Swedish study also described decreased levels of serum CC16 in children who swam during infancy compared to those who did not 14 , providing further evidence that terminal airways and, in particular, Clara cells may be damaged during infant swimming. (ersjournals.com)
- Though fairly common in Europe, natural swimming pools (like the one pictured above in an Austrian family's backyard), are in their infancy in the United States. (motherearthnews.com)
- Low pH and high chlorine levels can also erode the copper heat exchanger in a pool heater. (wikihow.com)
- From 2007 to 2009, an annual average of 390 pool- or spa-related drownings of children younger than 15 occurred, about 75 percent of which involved children younger than 5. (mercurynews.com)
- Campaigners say swimming has been an integral part of school life for generations of local children and post pandemic, its importance has grown. (oxfordmail.co.uk)
- It is estimated that more than 1,000 children have learned to swim at Hagbourne over the years. (oxfordmail.co.uk)
- The pool committee plans to offer lots of opportunities for Hagbourne children to catch up on the swimming sessions they missed during the pandemic, over the summer holidays, but first the pool needs to be fixed. (oxfordmail.co.uk)
- Does Access to Saltwater Swimming Pools Reduce Ear Pathology and Hearing Loss in School Children of Remote Arid Zone Aboriginal Communities? (bioportfolio.com)
- Children will also have to be naked, as their portion of the event will apparently take place at the Naked Water Slides and Wave Pool. (naturalnews.com)
- According to another study in the journal Pediatrics , typical levels of chlorine in pool water were found to raise the risk of developing asthma in children by as much as six times. (naturalnews.com)
- Rates of middle ear infections, skin infections and antibiotic prescriptions among children aged 1-15 years were assessed using a retrospective analysis of clinic records between May 2007 and April 2009. (mja.com.au)
- 3 , 4 Although we found no specific health benefits of having a pool, interviewees reported that the pool benefited the community in other ways, including providing an opportunity for exercise and recreational activity for otherwise unoccupied children, and creating an incentive to attend school, owing to a "no school, no pool" policy. (mja.com.au)
- Ledyard - A driver and two young children were injured early Sunday morning when he lost control of his car and struck a telephone pole on Route 12 in Gales Ferry before landing upside down in a swimming pool on adjacent Baldwin Hill Road. (theday.com)
- The Littlewoods Paediatric Neurology Ward is a is a 14-bed ward with nine beds, four cubicles and a telemetry suite and provides rehabilitation and care to children with Neurological conditions, as well as general medical patients up to the age of 18 years. (justgiving.com)
- At the tract level, submersions in single-family and multifamily residences were best predicted by the number of pools by housing type and the number of children aged 0-17 by housing type. (bmj.com)
- This study investigates the relationship between swimming pool submersions involving children, the location of pools and sociodemographic factors by housing type in Harris County, Texas. (bmj.com)
- 2-4 Among US children 0-4, 50% of fatal and 65% of non-fatal submersions occurred in pools. (bmj.com)
- 1 Over the time period of our study (2003-2007), 179 Texas children drowned in swimming pools. (bmj.com)
- One study found higher pool drowning rates for children under 10 in affluent communities in California. (bmj.com)
- This was a retrospective study of children and youth 0-17 who were swimming pool submersion victims in Harris County, Texas, between 2003 and 2007. (bmj.com)
- Not suitable for children under 3 years old. (argos.co.uk)
- Children can romp and play in the separate pools that are kid friendly. (travelguru.com)
- Children most often drown in a neighborhood or backyard pool. (medicinenet.com)
- Rule - All children under the age of 8 years old must be supervised at all times by another guest of 12 years or older within arms reach. (aspenrecreation.com)
- Children of ages 8 to 12 are eligible to be in the pool without direct supervision as long as swimming skills have been demonstrated to a lifeguard by performing a swim test of one length of the lap pool. (aspenrecreation.com)
- Children under the age of 7 may also demonstrate skills by doing the same swim test. (aspenrecreation.com)
- Rule - Children of diaper wearing age must wear swim diapers. (aspenrecreation.com)
- In the last 20 years, an average of around 80 indoor and outdoor public swimming pools had been closed annually in Germany. (xinhuanet.com)
- A garden, grill and an outdoor swimming pool are available at the vacation home. (booking.com)
- An outdoor pool would likely be a safer option than an indoor pool, especially if visitors are able to socially distance, Rose said. (coloradoan.com)
- Pools can be indoor or outdoor and can include private pools, public pools, children's pool, and competition (or "olympic sized" pools. (worldatlas.com)
- It was first opened to the public in 1903 as the Ladies Swimming Bath and is believed to be the oldest surviving outdoor municipal pool of a similar early Edwardian era. (wikipedia.org)
- And luckily, these outdoor pools are allowed to open to the public again. (timeout.com)
- The city is flooded with outdoor options, so when the temperature rises, it's a total breeze to find a lovely lido or outdoor pool to splash around in. (timeout.com)
- These are the best lidos and outdoor swimming pools in London. (timeout.com)
- The church, built in 1883 as the main cathedral in Russia, was destroyed during the communist war on religion in 1931 and for a time was the site of the world's largest outdoor swimming pool. (nationalgeographic.com)
- Pursuant to the definition of "swimming pool" contained within the aforementioned code, this article shall not include within its control naturally or artificially constructed outdoor ponds, rivers or lakes or swimming or wading pools established or maintained upon any premises by any individual for his own or his family's use or use by guests of his household. (ecode360.com)
- The complex houses five pools (a leisure pool, a combipool, a competition pool, an instruction pool and an outdoor pool), but also club facilities for four local sports clubs: a hockey- and two football clubs and jeu de boules. (archdaily.com)
- Many of these municipal pools are outdoor pools but indoor pools can also be found in buildings such as leisure centers . (wikipedia.org)
- Availability Outdoor pools are available in Snowmass and Basalt. (aspenrecreation.com)
- The short term respiratory effects of acute chlorine inhalation during a swimming pool accident were examined. (bmj.com)
- However, the health effects of chlorine inhalation after swimming pool accidents have been documented in only few studies, and have concentrated on pathophysiology, clinical presentation, and types of treatment. (bmj.com)
- The users of swimming pools are exposed to the inhalation and consumption of diverse toxic components, probably cancerous, according to research by Professor Michael J Plewa of the University of Illinois, and this has been proved for the first time by a group of researchers at the University of Cordoba. (uco.es)
Racquet Club of Phil1
- In the US, the Racquet Club of Philadelphia clubhouse (1907) boasts one of the world's first modern above-ground swimming pools. (wikipedia.org)
- For the Kendrick Lamar song, see Swimming Pools (Drank) . (wikipedia.org)
- Reduced Maintenance - traditional swimming pools demand a lot of effort to maintain, with regular cleaning. (hubpages.com)
- One of the main reasons traditional swimming pools are constructed with a steel framework is to ensure the walls stay vertical and perpendicular to the bottom surface of the pool. (motherearthnews.com)
- CITRUS HEIGHTS, Calif. - Police say a 9-year-old Northern California girl died Sunday afternoon after she was apparently electrocuted when a swimming pool light malfunctioned. (q13fox.com)
- In the six SENSOR-Pesticides states (California, Iowa, Louisiana, Michigan, North Carolina, and Texas),* a case of poisoning associated with pool disinfectants was defined as two or more acute adverse health effects resulting from exposure to any pool disinfectant. (cdc.gov)
- We have a 13x25 Legacy soft sided pool that has sat empty for 3 years, and we live in the high desert of California. (poolhelpforum.com)
- The majority of Black victims (51%) drowned in public pools, the majority of White victims (55%) drowned in residential pools, and the majority of Hispanic victims (35%) drowned in neighborhood pools (e.g., an apartment complex pool). (nih.gov)
- BERLIN, Dec. 9 (Xinhua) -- Too many public swimming pools in Germany had closed or were in a bad condition, the German Life Saving Association (DLRG) said, as the petitions committee of the Bundestag lower house of parliament discussed the issue in a public hearing on Monday. (xinhuanet.com)
- To counteract the closures of public swimming pools in Germany, DLRG called for a "nationwide master plan" and presented a petition which was signed by around 120,000 supporters. (xinhuanet.com)
- The German lifesavers called for the establishment of a new association which would be "exclusively responsible" for coordinating the restoration of German public pool facilities within a ten-year timeframe. (xinhuanet.com)
- According to DLRG's estimate, the financial requirements for the restoring public pools were quantified at 14 billion euros (15.5 billion U.S. dollars). (xinhuanet.com)
- For years, the DLRG had been "very concerned about the disastrous trend" of closures of public pools in Germany, said DLRG President Achim Haag on Monday at the petitions committee. (xinhuanet.com)
- According to DLRG, many German municipalities were under financial pressure and could no longer finance the maintenance of public swimming pools. (xinhuanet.com)
- Already, 25 percent of primary schools in Germany would no longer have access to nearby public swimming pools. (xinhuanet.com)
- Could Norwich get a new public swimming pool at Mile Cross depot? (edp24.co.uk)
- Norwich could be set for a new public swimming pool, with council bosses ready to spend more than £200,000 to explore whether it would be feasible. (edp24.co.uk)
- The pools at Riverside and at the UEA Sportspark are available for public use. (edp24.co.uk)
- Years passed, with Norwich not having a public pool, until Riverside Leisure Centre opened in 2003. (edp24.co.uk)
- Deep Eddy Pool was rebuilt and opened to the public in 1936 after being destroyed by a massive flood in 1935. (worldatlas.com)
- The three oldest pools, the Great Bath, Kuttam Pokuna, and Roman Pool are preserved as monuments and are not open for use but can be accessed by the public who want to view them. (worldatlas.com)
- In September 2009, the council rejected the proposal to grant a 250-year lease to Askett Hawk and decided to give a local campaign group the opportunity to develop a scheme to restore the pool for public use. (wikipedia.org)
- Natural News ) Local Calgarians are expressing deep concern about an upcoming event at a public recreation center in Calgary, Canada, where individuals both young and old will be swimming in the nude together at a "naked swim day" that many feel has overtones of encouraging pedophilia. (naturalnews.com)
- Provides professional and friendly customer service for the public at the City pools. (simplyhired.com)
- Collects pool fees, issues admission tickets, answers phone, and provides information concerning the pool facility and its programs to the public. (simplyhired.com)
- The pool is a "public good" 2 that cannot be denied based on lack of health benefits. (mja.com.au)
- Three copies of the said Swimming Pool Code of New Jersey (1970) have been placed on file in the office of the Clerk of Plainsboro Township upon introduction of this article and will remain on file in said office for use and examination by the public. (ecode360.com)
- Simpson Pool will close to the public after August 16th. (lakelandgov.net)
- It is common for municipalities of every size to provide pools for public use. (wikipedia.org)
- In 1939, Oxford created its first major public indoor pool at Temple Cowley. (wikipedia.org)
- Current Status › We are working diligently on a safe reentry plan for public uses of the lap pool, ice rink and weight room. (aspenrecreation.com)
- The children's pool is bound on one edge by a curving concrete wall, a bridge and large rocks on another. (archdaily.com)
- Hagbourne School is proud to say that most of its pupils can swim a length of the 12-metre pool by the time they are seven years old. (oxfordmail.co.uk)
- For a limited time, get a FREE Aqua First Nemo Suction Cleaner with this pool! (familypoolfun.com)
- Premium Kits are tailored to first time pool buyers and come with everything listed here! (familypoolfun.com)
- As well as swimming, spectators were able to pay (6d in the day time and a shilling in the evening) to sit in the stands to watch. (edp24.co.uk)
- It's more than 25 years since the gates were locked for lost time on Lakenham Swimming Pool. (edp24.co.uk)
- Choosing a swim spa, exercise pool, fitness pool or swimming pool is a big decision, as it's a choice you'll be living with for a long time. (hubpages.com)
- In this type of swim spa, you can adjust the temperature for swimming to something around 28-29 degrees Celsius, which will allow swimmers to exercise for long periods of time without overheating. (hubpages.com)
- The swimming spot is allowing 60 swimmers at a time in the new era of social distancing, with lifeguards on watch and changing facilities available. (timeout.com)
- And When the right time comes to introduce your baby to the swimming pool, you can only imagine the fun they'll have as they swim like the other members of the family. (rocksforkids.com)
- Once the high chlorine level is maintained for the recommended amount of time to ensure pool decontamination, the chlorine level is quickly lowered using sodium sulfite. (ehow.com)
- Both the Leça Swimming Pools and the Boa Nova Tea House were constructed and completed around the same time in the mid 1960s. (archdaily.com)
- pool reappeared in the email [[keep cool]], where Strong Bad asserts that they've always had it and used it all the time. (hrwiki.org)
- Over time swimming pools begin to reflect signs of aging like poor surface quality, breakage, leakage, and filter blockage that can ruin your swimming experience. (medium.com)
- At the time, it seemed appropriate for pools. (hydrologicblog.com)
- Mickelson has decided to play the Saudi International next year, missing the Phoenix Open for the first time in 29 years. (yahoo.com)
- That's enough cigarette butts found discarded on the streets of England to fill seven Olympic swimming pools every year (and that's not counting cigarette packaging and other smoking-related litter). (blackpoolgazette.co.uk)
- It is an in-ground, Olympic-sized pool with a white and red checkerboard-patterned liner. (hrwiki.org)
- In-ground pools are most commonly constructed from materials such as concrete , natural stone, metal, plastic, or fiberglass , and can be of a custom size and shape or built to a standardized size, the largest of which is the Olympic-size swimming pool . (wikipedia.org)
- The modern Olympic Games started in 1896 and included swimming races, after which the popularity of swimming pools began to spread. (wikipedia.org)
- WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Olympic swimming champion Amy Van Dyken said she finally felt "normal" when she took to the pool recently as part of her rehabilitation program following an all-terrain vehicle accident that left her partially paralyzed. (reuters.com)
- Under general supervision of Pool Manager and Concession Coordinator, responsibilities include checking. (simplyhired.com)
- Long-term maintenance and supervision are needed to ensure efficacy of a pool. (mja.com.au)
- 5 Factors that affect drowning include inadequate supervision, poor swimming ability and insufficient pool fencing. (bmj.com)
- Recreational water - mostly swimming pools, but also kiddie pools and water playgrounds - were responsible for 156, more than a third of the cases. (fox2now.com)
- Â The launch of the new CPOÂ® Handbook is the biggest educational advance in the recreational water field in many years. (prweb.com)
- Educational facilities such as high schools and universities sometimes have pools for physical education classes, recreational activities, leisure, and competitive athletics such as swimming teams. (wikipedia.org)
- On a weekly or bi-weekly basis, shock your pool to remove chloramines (chlorine molecules that have attached to other particles) and raise chlorine levels quickly. (wikihow.com)
- After decontaminating the pool with these high chlorine levels, adding sodium sulfite will decrease the chlorine concentration to a level safe for swimming. (ehow.com)
- Chlorine levels in swimming pools should fall between 1 ppm and 2 ppm. (ehow.com)
- Swimmers should not use pools that have chlorine levels in excess of 5 ppm. (ehow.com)
- You need to get some CYA/stabilizer in the pool to help hold the chlorine levels. (poolhelpforum.com)
- LIVERMORE - A 4-year-old boy who briefly wandered from his mother's view drowned Thursday afternoon in the family swimming pool, police said. (mercurynews.com)
- Surveillance footage from May 15 captured the moment Kali Dallis went from enjoying a sunny afternoon at the pool to struggling to breathe. (wtae.com)
- Kali took steps to conquer her fear of the water on Friday afternoon, spending an hour swimming at the hospital's pool alongside her mother and three therapists, Tompkins said. (go.com)
- She swam and played for more than an hour on Friday afternoon, and even swam underwater. (go.com)
- Your geometry teacher may have told you that a circle is the most efficient shape, but when it comes to swimming pools, ovals sometimes fit in the yard better! (familypoolfun.com)
- NASSAU, Bahamas (AP) - Seven tournaments from the six largest tours over the next three weeks could shape the field for the Masters, and perhaps pave the way for the largest gathering at Augusta National in more than 50 years. (yahoo.com)
- They rely mostly on fundraising and donations to pay their weekly costs which include pool fees and the provision of a lifeguard. (justgiving.com)
- We are an elite Colorado pool contractor with more than 30 years of experience - specializing in residential and c. (houzz.com)
- Pool cleaning services will range from small businesses to larger companies, so to help you narrow down your search, base your decisions on customer reviews, ratings, customer-uploaded photos and conversations you have with the pool cleaners. (thumbtack.com)
- You may narrow down your search by applying the creation year filter. (architonic.com)
- Also, during the [[In Search of the Yello Dello Commentary]] Strong Sad relates how 'back in school' every one started being really nice to him because he had a pool, which may or may not be the pool in question. (hrwiki.org)
- She jumped into a pool located at the Savoy Apartment Complex in the Atlanta, Georgia, area with a floatie on but when she got into the water, she struggled a bit and it fell off. (wtae.com)
- The immediate pool area was contained within a larger enclosed courtyard area with a single exhaust fan for ventilation in the ceiling directly above the pool. (cdc.gov)
- Of 24 persons reporting illness, 20 (83%) had entered the immediate pool area, and four (17%) had entered the courtyard only. (cdc.gov)
- If you want to leave the stain removal to the experts, use your yellow pages to find pool specialists or pool retailers in your area. (wikihow.com)
- To get a more accurate estimate, contact several pool cleaners in your area and ask for price quotes. (thumbtack.com)
- Hiring a professional pool cleaner in your area has many advantages. (thumbtack.com)
- The pool traces its ancestry back to 1860 as a bathing area. (wikipedia.org)
- 7 During the 1980s, in the same area as our study, drowning at multifamily (apartment) pools was more frequent than in single-family homes and was concentrated among minorities. (bmj.com)
- A cross-section of a natural pool, showing the plant zone and swimming area. (motherearthnews.com)
- You'll want to separate the swimming area of your pool and the filtration area, or plant zone (see the illustration in the image gallery). (motherearthnews.com)
- A rim within an inch of the water's surface keeps plants in their place but allows water from the swimming area to move to the plant zone for filtering, As water passes through the fibrous root structure of the plants, bacteria concentrated on the plants' roots act as a biological filter, removing contaminants and excess nutrients in the water. (motherearthnews.com)
- The government said Monday it will soon have in hand the recommendations of experts concerning the landslide in the area of Pissouri, which has seriously damaged dozens of properties throughout the years. (cyprus-property-buyers.com)
- Have fun with the kids in a local swimming pool - or get active in one of the many local leisure clubs in the area. (visitsouthdevon.co.uk)
- The residence offers to its residents and guests a large and lush park as well as a communal swimming pool and a solarium area. (engelvoelkers.com)
- A few kilometres from Albufeira in a very quiet residential area and just a few minutes from the beach is this 8-room villa with swimming pool and tennis court. (engelvoelkers.com)
Private Swimming Pool1
- Nothing herein contained shall require a portable private swimming pool erected above the ground to a height of at least four feet to be completely surrounded by a fence, provided that any and all steps, ladders or other approaches leading into said pool are removed at all times when the said pool is not in use and is unattended. (ecode360.com)
- With hypoendemic rates of trachoma and possible confounding factors, including a small sample size, population mobility, reporting bias and a high turnover of health personnel, we were unable to demonstrate health benefits of pool usage. (mja.com.au)
- It's the other people at the pool, who could spread the virus through respiratory droplets when they cough or sneeze. (coloradoan.com)
- People tend to laugh, shout and spit in the pool, possibly exposing others to their respiratory droplets, Poland said. (coloradoan.com)
- These authors noted that infants of atopic parents were more likely to develop wheezing or lower respiratory tract infections when they were attending swimming pools. (ersjournals.com)
- Ask most American swimming-pool contractors to build a backyard pool and chances are they'll roll out a long list of goods, including rebar, gunite, fiberglass, chlorine and an energy-sapping filtration system. (motherearthnews.com)
- Pools that are built or renovated to code have a circuit breaker but are also attached to a ground fault circuit interrupter, like the ones commonly found in bathroom sockets. (q13fox.com)
- Darcey had been swimming in the pool with her cousin when her hair became stuck and it was only after a man noticed she had been under the water for a while that she was found. (inquisitr.com)
- Hagbourne CE Primary School near Didcot has had a swimming pool for more than 50 years, but a major leak has been found which the school cannot afford to fix. (oxfordmail.co.uk)
- No inlet drain has been found in the pool leading to speculation that the pool relied on rain water and water from a well that was dug in one of the rooms located along the eastern edge. (worldatlas.com)
- Chlorinated swimming pools were often found to contain traces of trihalomethane (THM), a disinfectant byproduct that can pose an increased risk of bladder cancer. (naturalnews.com)
- 8 However, a recent study found no differences in the outcome of paediatric swimming pool submersion victims when compared by age, ethnicity and location of pool. (bmj.com)
- In a cross-sectional study of schoolchildren aged 10-13 yrs, it was also found that infant swimmers were more likely to develop asthma and recurrent bronchitis than their peers who had never attended a chlorinated pool before the age of 2 yrs 11 , 12 . (ersjournals.com)
- They've found it's possible to construct pools that are more about building with nature and blending into the natural landscape. (motherearthnews.com)
- Pools can be built into the ground (in-ground pools) or built above ground (as a freestanding construction or as part of a building or other larger structure), and may be found as a feature aboard ocean-liners and cruise ships. (wikipedia.org)
- The woman pulled the boy from the pool and moved him to a poolside deck, and was on the phone with dispatchers who were helping her through CPR efforts when police arrived, Goard said. (mercurynews.com)
- Deck resurfacing is a great option when you consider remodeling your pool as it will beautifully transform the look of your pool. (medium.com)
- The Deck Mount which is designed for exisiting pools and the In Wall unit which is designed for new build or renovations. (poolstore.co.uk)
- Roll the Fastlane across your pool deck and lower it into your swimming pool water. (poolstore.co.uk)
- There are various stain colors that commonly appear in pools, and identifying yours will lead you in the right direction for treatment. (wikihow.com)
- The metals that commonly cause pool stains are iron, manganese & copper. (wikihow.com)
- The said code established and adopted by this Article is described and commonly known as the "Swimming Pool Code of New Jersey (1970). (ecode360.com)
- Swimming pools most commonly use chlorinated water or salt water and may be heated or unheated. (wikipedia.org)
- Independent filtration, heating and covers for each end allow you to use each part of the pool as and when you wish. (hubpages.com)
- But there has long been criticism that, following the closure of St Augustine's swimming pool in 1997, parts of the city are not well served. (edp24.co.uk)
- Shock the pool regularly. (wikihow.com)
- The same day you add the algaecide, shock the pool. (ehow.com)
- Also, a week after the initial shock treatment, shock the pool again. (ehow.com)
- WE have shocked it with pool shock and alge guard vaccumed to waste as well as skim the top with a net to remove dibris. (poolhelpforum.com)
- The six-year-old had been underwater for at least two minutes when she was pulled unconscious from the pool and CPR was administered. (inquisitr.com)
- Watch for anyone who seems to be swimming ineffectively or are bobbing in the water in an uncoordinated way, and whose head drops underwater. (medicinenet.com)
- The 46-year-old suspect, named only as Jurgen C, had previously made threats against Marc van Ranst, one of Belgium's most high-profile virologists, who became famous during the pandemic. (yahoo.com)
- Open water swimmers get ready by their cars on Pescadores beach where open water swimming is booming while pools are closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic in Lima, Peru, before sunrise Tuesday, April 27, 2021. (keloland.com)
- One of the few sporting disciplines that have been maintained during the coronavirus pandemic is swimming, which due to the closure of the swimming pools, has moved to the open sea. (keloland.com)
Assess the influence1
- The aim of the present study was to assess the influence of swimming in chlorinated pools on the risks of bronchiolitis and its late consequences. (ersjournals.com)