An autoimmune disorder mainly affecting young adults and characterized by destruction of myelin in the central nervous system. Pathologic findings include multiple sharply demarcated areas of demyelination throughout the white matter of the central nervous system. Clinical manifestations include visual loss, extra-ocular movement disorders, paresthesias, loss of sensation, weakness, dysarthria, spasticity, ataxia, and bladder dysfunction. The usual pattern is one of recurrent attacks followed by partial recovery (see MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS, RELAPSING-REMITTING), but acute fulminating and chronic progressive forms (see MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS, CHRONIC PROGRESSIVE) also occur. (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p903)
A vitamin that includes both CHOLECALCIFEROLS and ERGOCALCIFEROLS, which have the common effect of preventing or curing RICKETS in animals. It can also be viewed as a hormone since it can be formed in SKIN by action of ULTRAVIOLET RAYS upon the precursors, 7-dehydrocholesterol and ERGOSTEROL, and acts on VITAMIN D RECEPTORS to regulate CALCIUM in opposition to PARATHYROID HORMONE.
Vitamin D Deficiency
A nutritional condition produced by a deficiency of VITAMIN D in the diet, insufficient production of vitamin D in the skin, inadequate absorption of vitamin D from the diet, or abnormal conversion of vitamin D to its bioactive metabolites. It is manifested clinically as RICKETS in children and OSTEOMALACIA in adults. (From Cecil Textbook of Medicine, 19th ed, p1406)
Multiple Sclerosis, Relapsing-Remitting
The most common clinical variant of MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS, characterized by recurrent acute exacerbations of neurologic dysfunction followed by partial or complete recovery. Common clinical manifestations include loss of visual (see OPTIC NEURITIS), motor, sensory, or bladder function. Acute episodes of demyelination may occur at any site in the central nervous system, and commonly involve the optic nerves, spinal cord, brain stem, and cerebellum. (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp903-914)
Retinol and derivatives of retinol that play an essential role in metabolic functioning of the retina, the growth of and differentiation of epithelial tissue, the growth of bone, reproduction, and the immune response. Dietary vitamin A is derived from a variety of CAROTENOIDS found in plants. It is enriched in the liver, egg yolks, and the fat component of dairy products.
Multiple Sclerosis, Chronic Progressive
A form of multiple sclerosis characterized by a progressive deterioration in neurologic function which is in contrast to the more typical relapsing remitting form. If the clinical course is free of distinct remissions, it is referred to as primary progressive multiple sclerosis. When the progressive decline is punctuated by acute exacerbations, it is referred to as progressive relapsing multiple sclerosis. The term secondary progressive multiple sclerosis is used when relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis evolves into the chronic progressive form. (From Ann Neurol 1994;36 Suppl:S73-S79; Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp903-914)
Motion Pictures as Topic
Encyclopedias as Topic
Anniversaries and Special Events
Splenorenal Shunt, Surgical
Pathology Department, Hospital
Adults are on wing year round in warmer areas, with a peak from November to March. There are multiple generations per year. The ... Animal Demography Unit. Retrieved 27 April 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Woodhall, Steve (2005). Field Guide to ... Animal Demography Unit. Retrieved 27 April 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Afrotropical Butterflies: Nymphalidae ...
Game Developers Choice Awards
Multiple awards per year were given before 2007. 2000: Counter-Strike; Crazy Taxi; Deus Ex; Jet Grind Radio; No One Lives ... Forever 2001: Black and White; Grand Theft Auto III; ICO; Majestic; Rez 2002: Animal Crossing; Battlefield 1942; Medal of Honor ... This was formerly known as the New Studio of the Year Award. In years prior to 2008, the award was awarded to the studio name, ... The Game of the Year Award recognizes the overall best game released during the previous calendar year, as interpreted by the ...
All animals purchased at the shop were three years old. The price for animals generally ranged from around 200 to 350 coins. ... Players could add multiple items to their cart and buy them all at once. They also sold horses and dogs, plus crates and stalls ... As their animals gained points, the user also gained "Player Points," which were equal to the number of points the animal ... such as veterinary visits to maintain the health of their animals. Elective services, such as the boarding of animals in ...
Zhang, Z.; Chen, J.; Li, L.; Tao, M.; Zhang, C.; Qin, Q.; Xiao, J.; Liu, Y. & Liu, S. (2014). "Research advances in animal ... doi:10.1093/beheco/ary018.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) van Hooft, P., Keet, D.F., Brebner, D.K. and Bastos, A ... Another 11 animals thought to be Barbary lions kept in Addis Ababa Zoo are descendants of animals owned by Emperor Haile ... Most lionesses reproduce by the time they are four years of age. Lions do not mate at a specific time of year and the females ...
doi:10.1007/s00265-007-0361-y. S2CID 1069171.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) Byrne, P. G., & Roberts, J. D. ( ... Animal Behaviour. 57 (3): 721-726. doi:10.1006/anbe.1998.1019. PMID 10196064. S2CID 9370476.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors ... PMC 1689823.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) Byrne, P. G., & Roberts, J. D. (2000). "Does multiple paternity ... Roberts, J. D., Standish, R. J., Byrne, P. G., & Doughty, P. (1999). "Synchronous polyandry and multiple paternity in the frog ...
List of Star Wars creatures
Contents: Top 0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z The following is a list of non-sentient, animal fictional ... Thrantas are a group of flying animals found on Alderaan, Bespin, and Coruscant. While there are multiple breeds varying in ... Asyyyriaks primarily prey upon avians and other small animals. A few small Wookiee children are lost each year because of the ... Eopies reach maturity around six standard years of age and their average lifespan is 90 standard years. Fabools are balloon- ...
He fell from the balloon and died roughly a year later on 7 March 1809 due to severe injuries. His widow continued to support ... Her death is described in detail, with multiple citations, in the Wikipedia article about her. Holmes, Richard (2008). The age ... sfn error: no target: CITEREFHolmes2008 (help) Beischer, DE; Fregly, AR (1962). "Animals and man in space. A chronology and ... annotated bibliography through the year 1960". US Naval School of Aviation Medicine. ONR TR ACR-64 (AD0272581). Retrieved 2011- ...
Wobbly hedgehog syndrome
Most animals die within two years of diagnosis. Symptoms usually begin in hedgehogs before they reach two years old, but can ... There is no known cure for WHS, which has been compared to human multiple sclerosis. Various vitamin supplements, antibiotic ... "Wobbly hedgehog syndrome". VCA Animal Hospitals. Retrieved 5 June 2014. Graesser, Donnasue; Spraker, Terry R.; Dressen, ... Exotic Animal Practice. 19 (2): 465-499. doi:10.1016/j.cvex.2016.01.008. PMID 27131160.. ...
Badgers can live for up to about fifteen years in the wild. Like other badger species, European badgers are burrowing animals. ... These burrows have multiple chambers and entrances, and are extensive systems of underground passages of 35-81 m (115-266 ft) ... In the UK, this was outlawed by the Cruelty to Animals Act of 1835 and again by the Protection of Animals Act of 1911. Moreover ... They form a bag or pocket made from a pelt and a badger or other animal's mask may be used as a flap. The pelt was also ...
Xenopus egg extract
PMID 17339377.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) Masui Y (2000). "The elusive cytostatic factor in the animal egg ... PMID 21908712.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) Shimamoto Y, Maeda YT, Ishiwata S, Libchaber AJ, Kapoor TM (2011 ... PMID 21703450.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) Hara Y, Merten CA (2015). "Dynein-based accumulation of membranes ... Kubota Y, Mimura S, Nishimoto S, Takisawa H, Nojima H (1995). "Identification of the yeast MCM3-related protein as a component ...
Polygynous groups usually consist of one male and multiple females. The mountain weasel breeds once a year. Males fight ... Overall, these animals are thought to be solitary animals except when mating. The mating system for these animals is unknown, ... and abandoned burrows of other animals or the animals it previously hunted. The home range size of this animal is currently ... The animals were trained to swim, build dens, and hunt, then were reintroduced into the wild to live and reproduce. ...
The seeds and foliage also offer a source of food to animals. Mature Acacia victoriae grow into a shrub-like tree with multiple ... It has a life-span of about 10-15 years. The tree has a large root system, known to extend to 20m. It is able to survive ... Animals such as birds and small mammals are known to use the tree as protection. ...
... multiple names: authors list (link) Abbott, Alison (2018-05-30). "German court dismisses animal-welfare case against leading ... doi:10.1038/d41586-018-07868-y. Retrieved 2020-01-27. Abbott, Alison (2019-01-08). "Max Planck Society returns duties to ... skepticism and lack of support for animal research in germany as well as the diminished legal standing of animals and animal ... removed Logothetis's animal research responsibilities and right to conduct animal experiments. Logothetis garnered significant ...
... s are gregarious burrowing animals, living in colonies typically containing multiple burrows. Activity varies ... A female Olympic marmot has a litter of from one to six young (3.3 on average) in alternate years. In a given year, a third of ... Hibernation is the most dangerous time for them as, in years of light snowfall, as many as 50% of the young born that year will ... The trill, which sounds like multiple ascending calls put together as one longer sound, consists of multiple ranging notes and ...
The Chitwan population has increased from 188 to 368 animals in the years 1997 to 2016. Census conducted in Parsa National Park ... Hanoi, Viet Nam: Unpublished report to IUCN and WWF.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) Polet, G.; Ling, S. (2004 ... Sexual maturity occurs in the gaur's second or third year. Breeding takes place year-round, but typically peaks between ... In young animals, the horns are smooth and polished. In old bulls they are rugged and dented at the base. The gaur has a head- ...
Y. (ed.). Animal, Plant and Microbial Toxins. New York: Plenum Press. pp. 111-121.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link ...
11: 82-85.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) Lee, Y. F., & Kuo, Y. M. (2001). "Predation on Mexican free-tailed ... The Journal of Animal Ecology. 77 (2): 416-24. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2656.2008.01342.x. PMID 18254921.CS1 maint: multiple names: ... some may reuse a nest in subsequent years or may leave a nest for a year and then come back to it the following year. A red- ... 128 (2): 265-8. doi:10.1016/0304-3940(91)90276-Y. PMID 1945046. S2CID 13802495.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) ...
Multiple community-based cleanup efforts have taken place on Kamilo Beach in recent years. Prior to these efforts, the debris ... These toxins are absorbed by animals when consumed. ...
Therefore, dogs have no pair bonding and the protection of a single mate, but rather have multiple mates in a year. The ... Canines are one of a number of non-human animals that can express jealousy towards other animals or animal-like objects. This ... Therefore, domestic dogs have no pair bonding and the protection of a single mate, but rather have multiple mates in a year. ... Dogs reach sexual maturity and can reproduce during their first year in contrast to a wolf at two years. The female dog can ...
Over the years, he held a number of menial jobs but was mostly homeless. Clark was arrested multiple times for theft and ... As a teenager, Clark tortured and killed animals owned by children who bullied him. Clark trained as a chef ... and 23-year-old Laura Houghteling in 1992. He was also given a 10-year sentence for robbery after stealing from a former ... When 23-year-old Laura Houghteling goes missing police suspect the family gardener, an eccentric man with a history of cross- ...
... s have been introduced into animal tissues by multiple methods. The two most popular approaches were in 1999 ... Sato Y, Roman M, Tighe H, Lee D, Corr M, Nguyen MD, Silverman GJ, Lotz M, Carson DA, Raz E (July 1996). "Immunostimulatory DNA ... Chen Y, Webster RG, Woodland DL (March 1998). "Induction of CD8+ T cell responses to dominant and subdominant epitopes and ... Letvin NL, Montefiori DC, Yasutomi Y, Perry HC, Davies ME, Lekutis C, Alroy M, Freed DC, Lord CI, Handt LK, Liu MA, Shiver JW ( ...
Kishi Y, Ohta S, Kasuya N, Sakita S, Ashikaga T, Isobe M (Fall 2001). "Ibudilast: a non-selective PDE inhibitor with multiple ... "Ibudilast reduces alcohol drinking in multiple animal models of alcohol dependence". Addiction Biology. 20 (1): 38-42. doi: ... Rile G, Yatomi Y, Qi R, Satoh K, Ozaki Y (May 2001). "Potentiation of ibudilast inhibition of platelet aggregation in the ... regulates Th1/Th2 balance and NKT cell subset in multiple sclerosis". Multiple Sclerosis. 10 (5): 494-8. doi:10.1191/ ...
Domestic sheep reproduction
Ear tags with numbers are the primary mode of identification when sheep are not named; it is also the legal manner of animal ... The number of lambs a ewe produces per year is known as the lambing percentage. The condition of the ewe during breeding season ... Largely as a result of the influence of humans in sheep breeding, ewes often produce multiple lambs. This increase in the lamb ... Over the course of a year the average is 6.8 transferable eggs per donor with a 75% conception rate for those eggs. Infertility ...
He has also suggested it could be related to animals in the early Cambrian Small Shelly Fauna whose "shells" were internal body ... doi:10.1111/j.1475-4983.2011.01099.x. Fedonkin, M. A.; Ivantsov, A. Y. (1 January 2007). "Ventogyrus, a possible siphonophore- ... ISBN 978-0-8018-8679-9.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) Retallack, Gregory (15 November 2011). "Problematic ... However, investigators agree it was an animal. Findings from studies on fossils from the Arkhangelsk region have been published ...
Rosalie A. Reed
During the summers, she returned to New York City and worked multiple jobs in different parts of town. She was also a member of ... As a young girl, she brought home stray animals and "mothered" pets, and her mother has described being unable to remember a ... Reed Attended Tuskegee University and worked on campus during the academic year. ... During college, Reed decided to specialize in exotic animals. She graduated in 1972 with a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree ...
Aaltonen spent many years advocating for a statue in Seinajoki celebrating war horses. The monument was unveiled in 1996. ... Aaltonen was raised on a farm and learned to love animals at a very young age. She studied journalism, sociology and psychology ... Aaltonen was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1993. Aaltonen worked as a journalist at YLE and contributed to Anna [fi] ... She wrote a number of books for young people about sex education and animal cruelty. In 1994 she served as manager for ...
Karl K. White, Lynn G. Wheaton, and Stephen A. Greene (1992). "Curriculum Change Related to Live Animal Use: A Four-Year ... 19.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) N.A. Jones, R.P. Olafson, and J. Sutin (1978). "Evaluation of a Gross Anatomy ... while ensuring that animals are not used harmfully and that respect for animal life is engendered within the student." Others ... 21.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) J.F. Guy and A.J. Frisby (1992). "Using Interactive Videodiscs to Teach Gross ...
This was ended after multiple protesters that claimed this was animal abuse. One can also view a sheep show, a hog show, a ... The Ephrata Farmer's Day Fair was held in October from the year of its conception to the 1940s. After that time, the event was ... The Ephrata Fair is held each year in Ephrata, Lancaster County, and is the largest street fair in Pennsylvania. In the late ... Tent City took shape every year in the Ephrata Park on the baseball diamond beside the Cocalico Creek. Two of the main ...
Händeler K., Grzymbowski Y. P., Krug P. J., Wägele H. (2009). "Functional chloroplasts in metazoan cells - a unique ... Atucha A. M., Aragonés J. D. R. (1989). "The chloroplast-animal association in four Iberian sacoglossan opisthobranchs: Elysia ... PMID 19951407.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) Jensen K. R. (November 2007). "Biogeography of the Sacoglossa ( ... evolutionary strategy in animal life". Frontiers in Zoology. 6 (1): 28. doi:10.1186/1742-9994-6-28. PMC 2790442. ...
Colombian red howler
5: 7-16.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) Mercado, Nohelia I. & Robert B. Wallace (2010). "Distribución de ... Normile, R. V. (2001). "Alouatta seniculus information". Animal Diversity Web. Retrieved 2008-07-30. Louise Emmons & Francois ... accessory chromosomes and Y-autosome translocation related numerical variations". Kyoto University Overseas Research Reports of ... small animals, fruits, seeds, and flowers for important nutrients. These foods provide sugar necessary for growth and energy. ...
Dietary and lifestyle factors in multiple sclerosis progression: results from a 5-year longitudinal MRI study | SpringerLink
... of dietary and lifestyle factors in the pathogenesis of multiple sclerosis (MS) is poorly understood. ... Ethical approval for research involving human participants and/or animals. The study was approved by the University at Buffalo ... Azevedo CJ, Cen SY, Khadka S, Liu S, Kornak J, Shi Y, Zheng L, Hauser SL, Pelletier D (2018) Thalamic atrophy in multiple ... Dietary and lifestyle factors in multiple sclerosis progression: results from a 5-year longitudinal MRI study. ...
Analysis of Multiple Routes of Analgesic Administration in the Immediate Postoperative Period: a 10-Year Experience |...
Human and Animal Rights and Informed Consent. This article does not contain any studies with human or animal subjects performed ... Analysis of Multiple Routes of Analgesic Administration in the Immediate Postoperative Period: a 10-Year Experience. ... Mann C, Pouzeratte Y, Boccara G, Peccoux C, Vergne C, Brunat G, et al. Comparison of intravenous or epidural patient-controlled ... in 107,671 consecutive surgical cases performed over a 10-year period at Yale New Haven Hospital. This study included variables ...
"Modulation of Notch in an Animal Model of Multiple Sclerosis" by Manit Nikhil Munshi
Multiple Sclerosis (MS) is a neurodegenerative autoimmune disease that affects millions of people worldwide. Although the exact ... Multiple Sclerosis (MS) is a neurodegenerative autoimmune disease that affects millions of people worldwide. Although the exact ... Munshi, Manit Nikhil, "Modulation of Notch in an Animal Model of Multiple Sclerosis" (2016). Masters Theses. 437. https:// ...
Over 60 pigs removed from home where couple faces animal charges | FOX59
The pigs that were still alive have been in muddy living conditions for at least two years, according to Davis. ... 14 dogs found living in urine and feces; owner faces multiple charges. ... Roy Fish and Penney Carey each face charges of animal cruelty for leaving dead animals in living quarters with dozens of living ... Over 60 pigs removed from home where couple faces animal charges. Posted 4:57 PM, June 10, 2019, by Randy Spieth, Updated at 08 ...
Multiple reciprocal adaptations and rapid genetic change upon experimental coevolution of an animal host and its microbial...
Carton Y, *Poirie M. (2009) Local, geographic and phylogenetic scales of coevolution in Drosophila-parasitoid interactions. Adv ... Multiple reciprocal adaptations and rapid genetic change upon experimental coevolution of an animal host and its microbial ... Multiple reciprocal adaptations and rapid genetic change upon experimental coevolution of an animal host and its microbial ... Multiple reciprocal adaptations and rapid genetic change upon experimental coevolution of an animal host and its microbial ...
Students auction their animals today at Tarrant's junior livestock show | Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Seven sets of triplets help make 2018 a year for multiples at Fort Worth hospital February 28, 2018 3:00 PM ... Last year, the top rabbit sold for $2,000.. One of the biggest buyers each year is usually Tarrant County Commissioner J.D. ... Students auction their animals today at Tarrants junior livestock show By EVA-MARIE AYALA - [email protected] ... Bathing the animal and keeping it clean for the ring were a lot of work, she said, but she was having fun. ...
Annual Report of Animal Contact Outbreaks | CDC
Find the latest reports on animal contact outbreaks, with info on the pathogens, animals, settings, and other exposures ... Multistate Outbreaks Spanning Multiple Years. Three multistate outbreaks investigated in 2017 were not included in any 2017 ... "Multiple Animal Types Implicated." If animal contact was identified as the mode of transmission but no animals were implicated ... and single animal type outbreaks (83%). A single animal type was identified in 44 (88%) outbreaks. Multiple animal types were ...
Vitamin D and multiple sclerosis | Science News
Women who consume little vitamin D develop multiple sclerosis at a rate about 50 percent higher than those who get lots of the ... Animals One blind, aquatic salamander may have sat mostly still for seven years By Jake Buehler. 16 hours ago. ... Microbiologists took 12 years to grow a microbe tied to complex lifes origins By Jonathan Lambert. February 14, 2020. ... 50 years ago, protests and promises launched the Trans-Alaska Pipeline By Mike Denison. February 14, 2020. ...
Human Exposure following Mycobacterium tuberculosis Infection of Multiple Animal Species in a Metropolitan Zoo - Volume 8,...
10 mm within 2 years. Probable converters had no two-step test but had either an induration increase of ,10 mm within a 2-year ... Human Exposure following Mycobacterium tuberculosis Infection of Multiple Animal Species in a Metropolitan Zoo On This Page ... Synopsis of Animal TB Cases. From 1997 to 2000, M. tuberculosis was identified in six animals at the Los Angeles Zoo. In March ... Synopsis of Animal TB Cases Veterinary Epidemiologic Investigation Examination of Animal Isolates Epidemiologic Findings and ...
Landmark Results Achieved in Aging and Chronic Disease: Danish Group Extends Disease-free Life by 8 Years - The Health Care Blog
Rapamycin slows aging in multiple animals. Metformin does the same thing. These disease-modifying medications dont just impact ... This medical protocol coupled with life style advice produced a "disease-free life extension of 8 years." At the 13-year mark ... Landmark Results Achieved in Aging and Chronic Disease: Danish Group Extends Disease-free Life by 8 Years. Jul 11, 2019. • 3 ... Twenty-one years of follow-up comparing usual care with a protocol-driven team-based intervention in diabetes proved that ...
Re: Please help me cure my dog! Golden Retriever 6, multiple Lipomas (Animals & Pets Health Support) 2/15/2011 1770366
... dead tissue from you or your animal. They have one specifically for pets called SerraPet. Serrapeptase digests non-living ... My 5 year old Beagle also has 2 fatty tumors/non c... Hidden Username 10 years ago 23,271 * I treated both my rednose pitbull ... Please help me cure my dog! Golden Retriever 6, mu... FreedomWins 10 years ago 23,737 C * Our Golden Retriever has been plagued ... with these l... Uncle J 10 years ago 23,357 * Thank you for responding Jeff! I have seen a fe... FreedomWins 10 years ago ...
Animal tests positive for EEE virus in Madison County
An animal in the town of Sullivan has tested positive for the Eastern Equine Encephalitis virus (EEEv), according to the ... Oneida man sentenced to 120 years in prison for sexually abusing multiple minors. ... WAMPSVILLE, N.Y. - An animal in the town of Sullivan has tested positive for the Eastern Equine Encephalitis virus (EEE), ... An animal in the town of Sullivan has tested positive for the Eastern Equine Encephalitis virus (EEEv), according to the ...
Grimace scale (animals) - Wikipedia
PMID 22330867.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) Mittal, A.M., Lamarre, Y.Y. and Gupta, K. (2014). "Observer based ... PMID 24211778.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) Liao, L., Long, H., Zhang, L., Chen, H., Zhou, Y., Ye, N. and Lai ... PMID 24428464.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) Long, H., Liao, L., Gao, M., Ma, W., Zhou, Y., Jian, F., ... & Lai ... PMID 21801409.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) Chi, H., Kawano, T., Tamura, T., Iwata, H., Takahashi, Y., Eguchi ...
Remote control animal - Wikipedia
CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link). *^ a b Davis, R.L. (2005). "Remote control of fruit fly behavior". Cell. 121 (1 ... Zhang, D., Dong, Y., Li, M. and Houjun, W. (2012). "A radio-telemetry system for navigation and recording neuronal activity in ... an expert in animal welfare law at Rutgers University School of Law, says "The animal is no longer functioning as an animal," ... there has been criticism aimed at the use of remote control animals, especially regarding animal welfare and animal rights. A ...
Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee - Wikipedia
Each animal use protocol (AUP) must be reviewed by full IACUC committee at least once every three years, and can be reviewed ... The actions of the IACUCs are subject to inspection by multiple agencies. PHS staff and advisors may inspect any PHS awardee at ... Online resources of the NIH Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare. tutorial ^ Animal Welfare Act ^ Historical review of animal ... Thus catalyzed, and spurred by the efforts of Representative Joseph Y. Resnick, Congress created the Animal Welfare Act (1966 ...
EFSA Journal | European Food Safety Authority
... animal health and ecological risk assessment of combined exposure to multiple chemicals. This Guidance document describes ... Remove Ingredientes y envases alimentarios filter Ingredientes y envases alimentarios. *Aditivos alimentarios (5) Apply ... Salud y bienestar de los animales (15) Apply Salud y bienestar de los animales filter ... Plásticos y reciclado de plásticos (1) Apply Plásticos y reciclado de plásticos filter ...
Compendium of Measures To Prevent Disease Associated with Animals in Public Settings, 2005
Multiple venues exist where public contact with animals is permitted (e.g., animal displays, petting zoos, animal swap meets, ... resulting in millions of human-animal contacts each year. These settings include county or state fairs, petting zoos, animal ... If animals or animal products (e.g., animal pelts, animal waste, and owl pellets) (100) are used for educational purposes in ... Multiple other animal helminths might infect humans through fecal-oral contact or through contact with animals or contaminated ...
Cruelty to animals - Wikipedia
Intentional acts of cruelty can lead to multiple years behind bars. These acts (of intentional animal cruelty or non- ... Cruelty to animals, also called animal abuse, animal neglect or animal cruelty, is the infliction by omission (animal neglect) ... The Animal Protection Act No 71 of 1962 in South Africa covers "farm animals, domestic animals and birds, and wild animals, ... Main article: Animal welfare and rights in India. The Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act,1960 was amended in the year 1982.[ ...
3 Bad Driving Habits Kill More Than 20,000 Every Year
Multiple puncture wounds following animal attack.. Net to client: $124,036.64. Year Closed: June 2019 ... Year Closed: March 2019. Our client sustained multiple injuries when a fully loaded trailer crashed into his SUV at highway ... One of the animals attacked the client during feeding and caused multiple puncture wounds to the clients legs and abdomen, ... Year Closed: November 2018. A ten-year-old boy was attacked by a dog in a public park in Harris County. The dog had been ...
Multifaceted interactions between adaptive immunity and the central nervous system | Science
S. Y. Lee, * J. M. Goverman. , Modeling the heterogeneity of multiple sclerosis in animals. Trends Immunol. 34, 410-422 (2013). ... Y. Wang. , TREM2 variants: New keys to decipher Alzheimer disease pathogenesis. Nat. Rev. Neurosci. 17, 201-207 (2016). 10.1038 ... The challenge of multiple sclerosis: How do we cure a chronic heterogeneous disease? Ann. Neurol. 65, 239-248 (2009). 10.1002/ ... Enter multiple addresses on separate lines or separate them with commas. You are going to email the following. Multifaceted ...
Recommendations of the ITFDE
... domestic animal sandfly; destroy animal New World; reservoirs; multiple reservoirs; estimated 12 strains of parasite; ... There is no known animal reservoir, but foci of the organism are now known to persist for years in aquatic environments in the ... Wild infected armadillos shed the bacteria into the soil and may transmit the disease from animal to animal.. The introduction ... following a 5-year, $2-million campaign to identify and slaughter infected animals (13). The Rockefeller Foundation began ...
Multiple antigen peptide consisting of B- and T-cell epitopes of F1 antigen of Y. pestis showed enhanced humoral and mucosal...
F1 and V antigen based vaccines have shown remarkable protection in experimental animals. In order to develop epitope based ... F1 and V antigen based vaccines have shown remarkable protection in experimental animals. In order to develop epitope based ... Multiple antigen peptide consisting of B- and T-cell epitopes of F1 antigen of Y. pestis showed enhanced humoral and mucosal ... The present study highlights the importance of multiple antigen peptide approach of F1-antigen with CpG as an alternative ...
Animal mothers trick multiple males they are the father to prevent infanticide | Daily Mail Online
... mate with multiple partners in a short space of time so there is less chance of males killing their babies. ... Animal mothers-to-be such as mouse lemurs (pictured) ... Machine Gun Kelly mourns death of his father on one year ... Whos the daddy? Animal mothers trick multiple males they are the father of their young to prevent infanticide. *University of ... Animal mothers trick multiple males they are the father to prevent infanticide. * ...
Major steps taken by Department of Animal Husbandry Dairying Fisheries DAHDF | Business Standard News
Major steps taken by Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries (DAHDF) to discourage the Adulteration of Milk and ... Read more about Major steps taken by Department of Animal Husbandry Dairying Fisheries DAHDF on Business Standard. ... Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres. *Access to 17 plus years of content archives ... Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries is regularly reviewing the availability of milk situation in the country ...
Animals | Free Full-Text | Pet Humanisation and Related Grief: Development and Validation of a Structured Questionnaire...
A sample of 369 Italian dog owners filled in the questionnaire (mean age ± SD 42.00 ± 10.70 years). Reliability indices were ... the Animal-Human Continuity Scale, the Positivity Scale, and the Testoni Death Representation Scale. The Italian version of the ... since dog owners perceived animals no differently from humans in terms of emotions, needs and legal rights. Findings arising ... Thomas, J.; Sours, T. Multiple lacerations of the heart: When grief accumulates. Fac. Publ. Present. 2007, 15, 4-5. [Google ...
Material didáctico de fundamentos del HTML y conceptos de estándares web - Web Education Community Group
Note that you can have multiple attributes. they should all have a space between them, and the attribute name, equals sign, ... img src="kittens.jpg" alt="a beautiful black kitten" class="animal masthead",. ... Material didáctico de fundamentos del HTML y conceptos de estándares web. From Web Education Community Group ... Retrieved from "https://www.w3.org/community/webed/wiki/index.php?title=Material_didáctico_de_fundamentos_del_HTML_y_conceptos_ ...
David Warren on HubPages
5 years ago. Brief personal experience regarding several neck surgery procedures. Multiple fusions, associated hardware, ... Marine Aquarium Animals. Exploding Marine Stealth Pro aquarium heater, a do it yourself (DIY) fish tank project run amuck. ... 5 years ago. Marine Stealth Pro aquarium heaters recalled. Reports of fires and damage. This was my introduction to the pain ...
The Role of CD8+ T Cells in Multiple Sclerosis and its Animal Models | Bentham Science
Year: 2005. Page: [239 - 245]. Pages: 7. DOI: 10.2174/1568010053586264 Price: $58 ... The Role of CD8+ T Cells in Multiple Sclerosis and its Animal Models. Author(s): Joan Goverman, Antoine Perchellet, Eric S. ... Abstract: The role of CD8+ T cells in multiple sclerosis (MS) and its animal models has been enigmatic. Most studies of MS have ... The role of CD8+ T cells in multiple sclerosis (MS) and its animal models has been enigmatic. Most studies of MS have focused ...
FARK.com: (7187509) Active duty military man facing multiple year deployment seeks homes for his 4 cats. If this man can risk...
When we moved the offices, we marked every other box "Live Animals"..with air holes..and then we numbered them..:) We didnt ... Active duty military man facing multiple year deployment seeks homes for his 4 cats. If this man can risk his life to protect ... Sacrifice in that going by the kittehs ages, theyve been his companions for a long time...and multiple year deployment is ... 5657 clicks; posted to Main » on 30 Jun 2012 at 8:00 AM (5 years ago) , Favorite , share: more» ...
IJERPH | Free Full-Text | Asthma Associations in Children Attending a Museum of Science | HTML
... and multiple colds in a year (OR = 2.9; 95%CI = 1.5-5.7). Several other associations approached statistical significance, ... stuffed animals in the bedroom, vitamin D supplement directive, and water damage in the home were all significant independent ... stuffed animals in bedroom (OR = 0.4; 95%CI = 0.2-0.7), hospitalization within a week after birth (OR = 3.2; 95%CI = 1.4-7.0), ... We chose to ask about 10 stuffed animals to distinguish between children who had many stuffed animals in their bedroom and ...
Humans201920202017Applied Animal Behaviour ScienceInstitutional Animal Ca2016Multicellular animalsPreclinical animalHusbandryVeterinaryBehaviorShelter10,000 yearsFecesDiseasesSpeciesSurgeriesHospitalCruelty to animLivestockHumanGeneticTumorsChimpanzeesRescuePigs1,0002000Dozens of livingResearchersOutbreaksLaboratoryLeading animal welfare organizationCatsResearchGeneticsFoundVeterinarian1966HealthMilkEnvironmentsGenesRabbitsNoncomplianceAutoimmuneExperimentalHumaneZhang200,000CentersPathogenesisLocal sheltersShortlyBehaviourOccurAssessWelfare of animalsScientistsGoatWoundsFiscalVirusesVetsAdoptionInjectionsBreedsElected officialsImmunologyStudyFindings
- In more unconventional settings, such as circuses and exotic animal facilities, outbreaks pose unique tuberculosis (TB) control challenges because transmission may involve animals as well as humans ( 6 , 7 ). (cdc.gov)
- Zoos are a particular public health concern because of the close contact between TB-susceptible animals and humans, specifically animal handlers and visitors to the facility or exhibit. (cdc.gov)
- Although evidence for human-to-animal transmission of M. tuberculosis has been described ( 11 ), little documentation of zoonotic transmission to humans exists ( 7 ). (cdc.gov)
- Twenty-one years of follow-up comparing usual care with a protocol-driven team-based intervention in diabetes proved that healthy life in humans can be prolonged by 8 years . (thehealthcareblog.com)
- The grimace scale (GS), sometimes called the grimace score, is a method of assessing the occurrence or severity of pain experienced by non-human animals according to objective and blinded scoring of facial expressions, as is done routinely for the measurement of pain in non-verbal humans. (wikipedia.org)
- The biologist, Charles Darwin, considered that non-human animals exhibit similar facial expressions to emotional states as do humans. (wikipedia.org)
- Remote control animals are animals that are controlled remotely by humans. (wikipedia.org)
- Diseases called zoonoses or zoonotic diseases can be transmitted from animals to humans. (cdc.gov)
- Cruelty to animals , also called animal abuse , animal neglect or animal cruelty , is the infliction by omission ( animal neglect ) or by commission by humans of suffering or harm upon any non-human animal, regardless of whether the act is against the law. (wikipedia.org)
-  He also expressed anger within his notebooks with the fact that humans use their strength and power to raise animals for slaughter. (wikipedia.org)
- Some philosophers and intellectuals, such as Peter Singer and Tom Regan , have argued that animals' ability to feel pain as humans does make their well-being worthy of equal consideration. (wikipedia.org)
- We found that pet owners have the tendency to humanise their pet and perceive animals no differently from humans in terms of emotions, needs and legal rights. (mdpi.com)
- There are many differences between European rabbits and Eastern cottontail rabbits but perhaps the most important difference is this: European rabbits have been selectively bred and domesticated by humans for centuries while Eastern cottontail rabbits are wild animals. (rabbit.org)
- For hundreds of years these rabbits have been dependent upon humans to feed and house them. (rabbit.org)
- As a prelude to evaluating cmvIL-10-based vaccines in humans, the rhesus macaque model of HCMV was used to interrogate peripheral and mucosal immune responses to rhcmvIL-10 in RhCMV-infected animals. (nih.gov)
- These are the kind of people we need more of on this planet: humans who not only understand that animals, no matter how snuggly, are inferior, can and should be exploited, or dispatched, if it benefits humans to do so, provided it's done in an appropriately responsible, sustainable, and - as much as is feasible - humane way. (nationalpost.com)
- Thankfully Canadians, like New Zealanders, still by and large have their humans-first ethical priorities in order: it's why so many of us cheered when former Governor General Michaëlle Jean, every bit as unabashed as a Kiwi rabbit hunter on Easter morn, publicly gulped down that raw seal heart a few years back. (nationalpost.com)
- Researchers at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine have identified the evolutionary origins of human herpes simplex virus (HSV) -1 and -2, reporting that the former infected hominids before their evolutionary split from chimpanzees 6 million years ago while the latter jumped from ancient chimpanzees to ancestors of modern humans - Homo erectus - approximately 1.6 million years ago. (phys.org)
- This level of divergence indicated that humans must have acquired HSV-2 from an ancestor of modern chimpanzees about 1.6 million years ago, prior to the rise of modern humans roughly 200,000 years ago. (phys.org)
- Hundreds of thousands of years ago, the ancestors of modern humans diverged from an archaic lineage that gave rise to Neanderthals and Denisovans. (phys.org)
- The average life span of the retrievers, 12 years, corresponded with the worldwide lifetime expectancy of humans, which is 70 years. (livescience.com)
- While not infectious to humans , the cave bacteria can resist multiple classes of antibiotics, including new synthetic drugs. (nationalgeographic.com)
- An honest discussion of the use of animals in scientific research must acknowledge these facts, how we arrived at them, and recognize that despite the difficult ethical decision to use dogs in the discovery of insulin, today millions of humans are alive thank to the work of scientists engaged in biomedical research. (opposingviews.com)
- Evidence indicates that stress or the peripheral injection of anxiogenic drugs can bias animals and humans toward the use of striatal-dependent habit memory in dual-solution tasks in which both hippocampal and striatal-based strategies can provide an adequate solution. (frontiersin.org)
- Finally, recent work examining the effects of stress on the use of multiple memory systems in humans is described, and the hypothesis that the modulatory influence of emotional arousal on cognitive and habit memory systems may be relevant to understanding various human psychopathologies is briefly considered. (frontiersin.org)
- The study, available in today's online edition of Current Biology, confirms captive chimpanzees have the capacity to sustain the same kind of multiple-tradition cultures many researchers believe exist in the wild, providing further evidence chimpanzees and humans shared a common ancestor five to six million years ago who had a similar level of cultural complexity. (bio-medicine.org)
- IOWA - The Iowa State Veterinarian confirmed "multiple" cases of Canine Brucellosis, a disease that can be transmitted from infected dogs to humans and other animals. (wreg.com)
- The table on zoonoses (animal diseases transmissible to humans) can be accessed under the heading Zoonoses (human cases) . (oie.int)
- Alcohol's effects on the brain: Neuroimaging results in humans and animal models. (thefreelibrary.com)
- Steroid-induced osteonecrosis of the femoral head (SONFH) is a condition documented in humans and animals exposed to chronic steroid administration. (awionline.org)
- Animals perceive the emotions of the humans around them, and the anecdotes in the release could easily be evidence that Koko was responding to the sadness she sensed in her human caregivers. (slate.com)
- At one year of age, Gua could respond to verbal commands, but to her humans' disappointment, she never learned to speak. (slate.com)
- This summary includes single state and multistate animal contact outbreaks reported through NORS by January 4, 2019, in which the first illness began in 2017. (cdc.gov)
- This is the 5th volume of selected discussions that took place on the electronic Laboratory Animal Refinement & Enrichment Forum between February 2016 and December 2019. (awionline.org)
- All information contained in HANDISTATUS will be transferred to the new version of WAHIS from the year 2020. (oie.int)
- In 2017, 59 outbreaks of enteric disease associated with animal contact were reported, resulting in 1,518 illnesses, 312 hospitalizations, and 3 deaths. (cdc.gov)
- This aggressive driving behavior caused 9,700 fatalities in 2017, which was over a quarter of the total traffic deaths for that year. (terrybryant.com)
- Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries vide letter dated 31st March, 2017 have requested Chief Secretary, Government of Uttar Pradesh to take the stock of the situation and ensure immediate drive to check sale of adulterated milk in the State especially in the Western District of Uttar Pradesh. (business-standard.com)
- Streamed over 30 million times and charting in multiple countries, "Drinkee" went on to receive a Grammy nomination in 2017. (spotify.com)
Applied Animal Behaviour Science2
Institutional Animal Ca2
- 1] Every institution that uses certain animals for federally funded laboratory research must have an Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC). (wikipedia.org)
- All procedures were conducted after approval from the Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee. (cdc.gov)
- Munshi, Manit Nikhil, "Modulation of Notch in an Animal Model of Multiple Sclerosis" (2016). (umass.edu)
- Data for 2016 shows that 37% of speeding drivers involved in fatal crashes that year were alcohol-impaired. (terrybryant.com)
- Although industry mitigation efforts have significantly reduced the total numbers of Salmonella isolated from turkey products over the years, the recent NARMS report indicate an increase in the isolation of MDR Salmonella clones (46.7%) (NARMS, 2016). (umn.edu)
- Ongoing efforts at UMN to control MDR S. Heidelberg using A2A interventions (2015-2016): Due to multiple sources of Salmonella on farms, no single approach effectively eliminates the pathogen. (umn.edu)
- Drinkee" appeared on the pair's 2016 debut EP, Soft Animals. (spotify.com)
- Their hypothesis builds on an old idea that suggests a link between cancer and the origin of multicellular animals, sometime before 600 million years ago. (newscientist.com)
- Whereas initial events leading to primary photosynthetic eukaryotes involved phagocytosis by a unicellular protist (see below), the acquisition of photosynthetic symbionts by multicellular animals poses multiple challenges. (biologists.org)
- Senesco announced positive results of preclinical animal studies focused on multiple myeloma. (nanotech-now.com)
- The use of juvenile conventional pigs as a preclinical animal model to perform pharmacokinetic (PK), pharmacodynamic (PD) and safety studies for the paediatric population is increasing. (awionline.org)
- Contact with animals in public settings (e.g., fairs, farm tours, and petting zoos) provides opportunities for entertainment and education concerning animals and animal husbandry. (cdc.gov)
- Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries is regularly reviewing the availability of milk situation in the country with National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) and State Milk Federations. (business-standard.com)
- 2. One of these members must be a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine with training or experience related to laboratory animal research 3. (wikipedia.org)
- Our doctors use their more than 130 years of combined veterinary experience every day to help keep our patients in good health and feeling great. (vcahospitals.com)
- The information contained under the heading Annual animal disease status is obtained from the Veterinary Services of OIE, FAO and WHO Member Countries in response to an annual questionnaire from the OIE Headquarters. (oie.int)
- That's why I support SPANA's work offering free veterinary treatment to working animals in need, & why on International Working Animal Day I'm asking that these animal heroes get the recognition they deserve. (telegraph.co.uk)
- to improve the quality of life of animals, people & the environments in which they live by providing veterinary. (worldvets.org)
- Our recent campaign was a great testament of this as our veterinary team worked tirelessly with local partners to provide hundreds of free sterilizations, among other surgeries, for local animals in need. (worldvets.org)
- We value patient safety and quality patient care and are proud to be able to facilitate skilled veterinary care for countless animal populations around the world. (worldvets.org)
- These veterinary field projects provide direct veterinary services and care to animals in need on a large scale over a short amount of time, and may target small animals, equines and/or livestock. (worldvets.org)
- For several years we have been partnering with Pataz Pro-Animalista Cusco and local municipalities to provide free veterinary services for animals in need. (worldvets.org)
- However, inadequate understanding of disease transmission and animal behavior can lead to infectious diseases, rabies exposures, injuries, and other health problems among visitors, especially children, in these settings. (cdc.gov)
- In that same timeframe, AHS moved from offering basic care and core services to providing spay/neuter before adoption, advanced medical care, behavior modification programs and a host of services that build the human-animal bond. (issuu.com)
- For years, primatologists have suggested different communities of chimpanzees across Africa vary in many behavior patterns, indicating they have cultures specific to each community. (bio-medicine.org)
- While it's not uncommon for some animals to wait months or years for a home, shelter workers don't give up. (nwfdailynews.com)
- He was about three years old when he arrived at the animal shelter. (edhelper.com)
- Since she had gotten Casey from the animal shelter, she went there to find another friend. (edhelper.com)
- Many of the animals had life-threatening wounds and sicknesses, said Heather Lear, an adoption coordinator for Bishop Animal Shelter of Manatee County, which took 35 guinea pigs and 18 rabbits. (sun-sentinel.com)
- LITCHFIELD, Conn. (AP) - The director of the Society for the Protection of Cruelty to Animals of Connecticut has been arrested on 62 counts of cruelty to animals in a dispute involving an animal shelter still being built. (theday.com)
- Indigenous people have been on the far northeastern edge of Canada for most of the last 10,000 years, moving in shortly after the ice retreated from the Last Glacial Maximum. (phys.org)
- Experts say sheep were first domesticated about 10,000 years ago in central Asia, but they weren't favored for their hair. (grit.com)
- 1 These illnesses are attributed to contact with an animal's feces or bodily fluids, which can be present on the animal, in its environment, or in its food or water. (cdc.gov)
- Serum, feces, bulk tank milk, and environmental samples will be taken multiple times per year on each farm. (usda.gov)
- That home was allegedly full of animal feces, guns and drugs. (oxygen.com)
- On multiple occasions, investigators found that a barn holding cows was covered with an accumulation of feces and urine, dogs suffered untreated interdigital cysts, and researchers deviated from approved protocols. (pcrm.org)
- Each year, enteric diseases linked to animals or their environments are estimated to cause 450,000 illnesses, 5,000 hospitalizations, and 76 deaths in the United States. (cdc.gov)
- Although multiple benefits of human-animal contact exist, infectious diseases, rabies exposures, injuries, and other human health problems associated with these settings are of concern. (cdc.gov)
- Invasive species can include plants (Eurasian watermilfoil), animals (quagga mussel), and emerging infectious diseases (amphibian chytrid fungus). (usgs.gov)
- IMPORTANCE Monocyte recruitment to the brain is associated with multiple neurological diseases. (asm.org)
- Monocyte recruitment to the CNS has been reported for traumatic brain injury (TBI), misfolded-protein diseases, and multiple sclerosis (MS), as well as many different viral infections, including West Nile virus (WNV), herpes simplex virus (HSV), and retroviruses, such as HIV ( 1 - 4 ). (asm.org)
- Multiple sclerosis (MS), a chronic autoimmune demyelinating disease of the central nervous system (CNS), is one of the most common acquired neurological diseases in young adults. (springer.com)
- Along with a technique called TALENs, invented several years ago, and a slightly older predecessor based on molecules called zinc finger nucleases, CRISPR could make gene therapies more broadly applicable, providing remedies for simple genetic disorders like sickle-cell anemia and eventually even leading to cures for more complex diseases involving multiple genes. (technologyreview.com)
- Information on Former List A , B and C diseases includes the species and the number of animals affected and the prevention and control measures implemented. (oie.int)
- select the country of choice (with this selection, information on all animal diseases in this country will be available). (oie.int)
- In 2010, a team of researchers successfully developed the first method to assess pain using changes in facial expression in any non-human animal species. (wikipedia.org)
- Several species of animals have been successfully controlled remotely. (wikipedia.org)
- It's appalling, and yet another example of how the human species instrumentalises other species," says Gill Langley of the Dr Hadwen Trust based in Hertfordshire (UK), which funds alternatives to animal-based research. (wikipedia.org)
- In 1979, U.S. Public Health Service (PHS) policy took over, requiring an animal care committee for each animal-using grantee institution and expanding the species covered to include all vertebrates. (wikipedia.org)
- Monitor the behaviour of several species of animals in the Biology Discovery Centre. (edu.au)
- Quantification of host species-specific reservoir competence can identify animals most responsible for producing infected ticks and therefore increasing risk for human exposure. (cdc.gov)
- All animals of the canine or feline species, both male and female. (ecode360.com)
- Animal species that have few offspring during a reproductive event usually give extensive parental care, devoting much of their energy budget to these activities, sometimes at the expense of their own health. (oercommons.org)
- A total of 525 animals have found their forever homes through adoptions, 200 cats have been served through the TNR (trap-neuter-return) program, and 366 dogs and cats have been served through low-cost public surgeries. (theintelligencer.com)
- His facial injuries were severe and he faces multiple surgeries and permanent scarring. (dailymail.co.uk)
- She will be needing multiple surgeries. (gofundme.com)
- This study consisted of an analysis of the various routes of analgesic administration (parental, neuraxial, and oral/rectal) in 107,671 consecutive surgical cases performed over a 10-year period at Yale New Haven Hospital. (springer.com)
- A 72-year-old woman was admitted to hospital with (R) knee pain and swelling for 6/52. (hindawi.com)
- At the Toms River Animal Hospital, we love our pets. (vcahospitals.com)
- When you bring a new antibiotic into the hospital, resistance inevitably appears shortly thereafter, within months to years,' said study leader Gerry Wright , a chemical biologist at McMaster University in Ontario. (nationalgeographic.com)
- A 27-year-old female was referred from a primary health care centre to the University Teaching Hospital (UTH) with a 3-week history of ill health. (hindawi.com)
Cruelty to anim2
- Students learn early that much of the livestock ends up being sold for meat, and they take steps not to get too attached, such as not naming the animals. (star-telegram.com)
- Livestock (25 outbreaks) and poultry (15) were the most common types of animals implicated. (cdc.gov)
- Outbreaks were assigned to one of four animal categories determined by the type of animal implicated as the confirmed or suspected source: livestock, companion, poultry, or reptiles. (cdc.gov)
- If a single animal type (e.g., cattle) was implicated, the outbreak was assigned to one of the four categories (e.g., cattle fall under the livestock category). (cdc.gov)
- Zoning regulations often prohibit livestock, which is how some animals end up at shelters. (nwfdailynews.com)
- This article does not contain any studies with human or animal subjects performed by any of the authors. (springer.com)
- Outbreak data can provide insight into human illnesses caused by pathogens transmitted through animal contact and can inform efforts to prevent disease. (cdc.gov)
- An epidemiologic link was defined as documented exposure to an infectious human or animal with TB. (cdc.gov)
- The health department received the positive results from the Wadsworth Laboratory in Albany, after testing the "non-human vertebrate" animal. (wktv.com)
- citation needed] Facial expressions have long been considered as indicators of emotion in both human and non-human animals. (wikipedia.org)
- rather, they signal a direction or action desired by the human operator and then stimulate the animal's reward centres if the animal complies. (wikipedia.org)
- This Guidance document describes harmonised risk assessment methodologies for combined exposure to multiple chemicals for all relevant areas within EFSA's remit, i.e. human health, animal health and ecological areas. (europa.eu)
- The European Food Safety Authority has produced this Guidance on human and animal health aspects (Part 1) of the risk assessment of nanoscience and nanotechnology applications in the food and feed chain. (europa.eu)
- Multiple venues encourage or permit the public to come in contact with animals, resulting in millions of human-animal contacts each year. (cdc.gov)
- 25 human infectious disease outbreaks during 1990--2000 associated with visitors to animal exhibits ( 1 ). (cdc.gov)
- The National Association of State Public Health Veterinarians (NASPHV) recognizes the positive benefits of human-animal contact. (cdc.gov)
- NASPHV recommends that local and state public health, agricultural, environmental, and wildlife agencies, and other organizations use these recommendations to establish their own guidelines or regulations for reducing the risk for disease from human-animal contact in public settings. (cdc.gov)
- For example, the animal welfare position holds that there is nothing inherently wrong with using animals for human purposes, such as food, clothing, entertainment, and research, but that it should be done in a way that minimizes unnecessary pain and suffering, sometimes referred to as "humane" treatment. (wikipedia.org)
-  In Cartesian dualism, consciousness was unique to human among all other animals and linked to physical matter by divine grace. (wikipedia.org)
- However, close analysis shows that many human features such as complex sign usage, tool use, and self-consciousness can be found in some animals. (wikipedia.org)
- Darwin believed that not only did human beings have a direct kinship with other animals, but the latter had social, mental and moral lives too. (wikipedia.org)
- These arguments have prompted some to suggest that animals' well-being should enter a social welfare function directly, not just indirectly via its effect only on human well-being. (wikipedia.org)
- The research model was based on a grid of five different questionnaires: the Pet Bereavement Questionnaire, the Lexington Attachment to Pets Scale, the Animal-Human Continuity Scale, the Positivity Scale, and the Testoni Death Representation Scale. (mdpi.com)
- Nothing brings out the kitsch in the human heart like animals in distress. (nationalpost.com)
- Other animals provide other kinds of help to their human friends, too. (edhelper.com)
- Without appropriate animal models that recreate the prolonged human neonatal developmental period it is not possible to effectively analyze interventions designed to restore regional microbial populations. (frontiersin.org)
- These analyses have been limited by a lack of appropriate animal models that recreate the prolonged developmental period of human infants and the lack of methodology to identify significant relationships between the microbial community and functional changes in the neonatal mucosal immune system. (frontiersin.org)
- Researchers came up with a new equation to calculate your dog's age in human years. (livescience.com)
- In early 1923, just one year after the first test injection, insulin became widely available and has saved countless human lives since. (opposingviews.com)
- Further research examining the neural mechanisms linking emotion and the relative use of multiple memory systems should prove useful in view of the potential role for maladaptive habitual behaviors in various human psychopathologies. (frontiersin.org)
- Consistent with the hypothesis that emotional arousal can serve to modulate memory processes in a bi-directional manner, both enhancing and impairing effects of stress and anxiety have been observed in lower animal and human studies. (frontiersin.org)
- It is likely to be at least several years before such efforts can be developed into human therapeutics, but a growing number of academic researchers have seen some preliminary success with experiments involving sickle-cell anemia, HIV, and cystic fibrosis (see table below). (technologyreview.com)
- The animal study, led by Duke University scientists, built on the human vaccine design tested in the RV144 trial to develop an investigational vaccine using a combination of five targets in one, known as a pentavalent vaccine. (thebody.com)
- For the animal trial, Korber said she wanted to "get the best coverage you can for a small set" of targets in the vaccine that would protect against an HIV-like virus -- in this case, the simian-human immunodeficiency virus (SHIV). (thebody.com)
- Whether the combination therapy was injected intratumorally or systemically, human multiple myeloma tumors grown subcutaneously in the flanks of immunodeficient mice were reduced by approximately 95% versus tumors in untreated mice. (nanotech-now.com)
- After nearly a decade of research on human embryonic stems cells, 25 years of research on animal embryonic stem cells , and over $500 million in federal funding, embryonic stem cell research has yet to deliver any cures or treatments. (freerepublic.com)
- After 25 years of research, there are zero human clinical trials or proven therapies using embryonic stem cells. (freerepublic.com)
- Lineweaver and Davies think the genetic toolkit at work in these first animals is buried within all of us. (newscientist.com)
- Though genome editing with CRISPR is just a little over a year old, it is already reinventing genetic research. (technologyreview.com)
- In particular, it gives scientists the ability to quickly and simultaneously make multiple genetic changes to a cell. (technologyreview.com)
- If a scientist wants an animal with multiple mutations, the genetic changes must be made sequentially, and the timeline for one experiment can extend into years. (technologyreview.com)
- If the affected animal is a sheep, it may be given a genetic test to determine its susceptibility to scrapie. (gc.ca)
- My 5 year old Beagle also has 2 fatty tumors/non c. (curezone.com)
- New collaborative research reveals chimpanzees can sustain multiple-tradition cultures ( Scientists have long wondered if local. (bio-medicine.org)
- This study nicely summarizes our collaborative work of the last five years, showing we can artificially introduce cultures in chimpanzees, which supports the idea cultural variation observed in the wild is learned," says Dr. de Waal. (bio-medicine.org)
- Remote control animals can be directed and used as working animals for search and rescue operations or various other uses. (wikipedia.org)
- To find a new home for an animal contact local humane organizations, rescue or sanctuary organizations, or local animal control. (rabbit.org)
- A 5-year-old Australian boy who was constantly bullied because of his dwarfism, has found comfort in a rescue dog who happens to have the same condition as him. (theepochtimes.com)
- Yarraka's friend, a veterinarian, told her she had a 9-year-old Shih Tzu rescue dog who was looking for a home. (theepochtimes.com)
- When word of the situation reached Dylan Warfel, a Pompano Beach senior at North Broward Prep, she began a massive coordination effort to rescue dozens of the animals and find them new homes. (sun-sentinel.com)
- Warfel, who has been rescuing animals for five years, called animal rescue groups she'd worked with in the past and others that could offer help. (sun-sentinel.com)
- Warfel recently filed paperwork with her business partner, Kristina Gertser, to start a non-profit animal rescue company. (sun-sentinel.com)
- AHeinz57 Pet Rescue & Transport, Inc., an animal rescue organization in De Soto, Iowa, has quarantined 32 dogs purchased at an auction from a breeder while they undergo testing. (wreg.com)
- The pigs that were still alive have been in muddy living conditions for at least two years, according to Davis. (fox59.com)
- Other categories of hard-to-adopt pets include farm animals like pigs and ducks. (nwfdailynews.com)
- Warfel has been rescuing rabbits and guinea pigs since she was 12 years old. (sun-sentinel.com)
- From 1997 to 2000, M. tuberculosis was identified in six animals at the Los Angeles Zoo. (cdc.gov)
- This database, created in 2000, is updated every three months with newly published scientific articles, books, and other publications related to improving or safeguarding the welfare of animals used in research. (awionline.org)
Dozens of living1
- Roy Fish and Penney Carey each face charges of animal cruelty for leaving dead animals in living quarters with dozens of living animals. (fox59.com)
- These data clearly suggest that the Maritime Archaic people are not the direct maternal ancestors of the Beothuk and thus that the population history of the island involves multiple independent arrivals by indigenous peoples followed by habitation for many generations," the researchers write. (phys.org)
- Scientists at the USDA's Environmental Microbial Safety Laboratory, are collaborating with researchers at Cornell University, The Pennsylvania State University, and the University of Pennsylvania (all members of the Regional Dairy Quality Management Alliance) to investigate the sites on operating dairy farms that act as reservoirs for pathogenic microorganisms that affect animal health and that decrease product quality because of their zoonotic nature. (usda.gov)
- but researchers have made a connection between retroviruses ability to demyelinate neurons, and the demyelination of neurons in multiple sclerosis patients, and endogenous retroviruses. (scienceblogs.com)
- Scientists have long wondered if local animal cultures exist, and now, based on findings by researchers at the Yerkes National Primate Research Center at Emory University, the University of Texas and St. Andrews University, Scotland, they have their answer: Yes. (bio-medicine.org)
- Yet "more than 6 years after approval, the trial had not been completed because of recruitment difficulties despite the manufacturer reporting $2.8 billion in sales," the researchers write. (yahoo.com)
- CDC conducts surveillance for enteric disease outbreaks associated with animal contact in the United States through the Animal Contact Outbreak Surveillance System (ACOSS). (cdc.gov)
- Multistate outbreaks were defined as outbreaks in which exposure to the implicated animal(s) occurred in more than one state or territory. (cdc.gov)
- We demonstrate that 48 host generations of experimental coevolution under controlled laboratory conditions led to multiple changes in both parasite and host. (pnas.org)
- Animals were implicated as confirmed or suspected sources based on the following types of evidence: epidemiologic, laboratory, or traceback/environmental. (cdc.gov)
- Most research involving laboratory animals is funded by the United States National Institutes of Health or, to lesser extents, other federal agencies. (wikipedia.org)
- The NIH Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW) has been directed by law to develop policies that describe the role of Institutional Animal Care and Use Committees. (wikipedia.org)
- A group of veterinarians formed the Animal Care Panel and began work in 1961, and in 1963 they published the first edition of The Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, referred to hereafter as the Guide. (wikipedia.org)
- Subsequent editions of the Guide were supported by NIH and published by the Institute of Laboratory Animal Research branch of the National Academy of Science. (wikipedia.org)
- Its name was AAALAC, the American Association for the Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care. (wikipedia.org)
- In 1996 this committee changed its name to the "Association for the Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International (AAALAC)" A series of reports on poor animal welfare in the US led to a major article in Life magazine in 1966. (wikipedia.org)
- Compliance required adhering to the Guide, the Animal Welfare Act, and an additional set of "Principles for the Use of Laboratory Animals. (wikipedia.org)
- 3] The IACUC reports to the NIH Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW) annually, and is issued an animal welfare assurance number by OLAW without which no federally funded use of animals in research may occur. (wikipedia.org)
- The 78-year-old can was found to be in excellent condition by laboratory personnel. (chicagotribune.com)
- Barton scraped off and bagged samples of biofilms-thick mats of bacteria-growing on the cave walls and delivered them to Wright's laboratory, where his team spent three years probing the samples for any signs of antibiotic resistance. (nationalgeographic.com)
- Many cows presented to the laboratory for necropsy (an animal "autopsy") revealed a total absence of fat and few, if any, other problems. (drovers.com)
- Laboratory Animal Science Professional 8(3) (May/June), 51. (awionline.org)
- Laboratory Animals 54(3), 272-280. (awionline.org)
- Laboratory Animals 54(3), 261-271. (awionline.org)
- Laboratory Animals 54(3), 251-260. (awionline.org)
- It's Okay to Cry - Discussions by the Laboratory Animal Refinement & Enrichment Forum [LAREF], Volume V. Animal Welfare Institute, Washington, DC. (awionline.org)
- Laboratory Animals 54(5), 469-478. (awionline.org)
Leading animal welfare organization1
- Animal Humane Society is the leading animal welfare organization in the Upper Midwest dedicated to engaging and serving local and regional communities of people and animals. (issuu.com)
- FARK.com: (7187509) Active duty military man facing multiple year deployment seeks homes for his 4 cats. (fark.com)
- Throughout its 30-year history, MEHS has placed thousands of dogs and cats with forever families, including more than 525 dogs and cats so far this year. (theintelligencer.com)
- A married 43-year-old woman had two dogs and five cats. (yahoo.com)
- However, zoonotic transmission of the mycosis from infected animals like cats may also occur. (hindawi.com)
- Murali Ramanathan received research funding the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, the National Institutes of Health and Otsuka Pharmaceutical and Development. (springer.com)
- There is a 17-year delay between new medical research in its broad application in medical practice. (thehealthcareblog.com)
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committees (IACUCs) are centrally important in applying laws about animal research in the United States. (wikipedia.org)
- Each local IACUC reviews research protocols and conducts evaluations of the institution's animal care and use, which includes the results of inspections of facilities that are required by law. (wikipedia.org)
- Prior to 1963, regulation was conducted solely by investigators, and research laboratories had inconsistent animal care policies and standards of care. (wikipedia.org)
- Each local IACUC reviews research protocols and conducts evaluations of the institution's animal care. (wikipedia.org)
- Over the years, our understanding of the complexity of this disease has grown as a result of intensive research on its underlying mechanisms. (sciencemag.org)
- This is only one of multiple stories about how animal research has benefited mankind. (opposingviews.com)
- Recent studies have begun to link study of the influence of emotional arousal on memory with earlier research indicating that memory is organized in multiple systems in the brain that differ in terms of the "type" of memory they mediate. (frontiersin.org)
- Koko, Kanzi, and ape language research: Criticism of working conditions and animal care. (slate.com)
- Employees at these famed research organizations have mostly kept quiet over the years, fearing retaliation from the organizations or lawsuits for violating nondisclosure agreements. (slate.com)
- Again, 25 years of embryonic stem cell research has produced zero cures. (freerepublic.com)
- With its very high number of Animal Welfare Act violations, including repeat and severe violations, the University of Pennsylvania's Research Misconduct Score dwarfs those of other Ivy League schools. (pcrm.org)
- Despite its consistent violations of the Animal Welfare Act, the University of Pennsylvania continues to receive the most NIH research funding of all Ivy League schools. (pcrm.org)
- Other violations included the presence of multiple expired medications and the poor condition of primates' research environments. (pcrm.org)
- Despite this history of violations, Princeton continues to receive nearly $40 million in NIH research funding each year. (pcrm.org)
- He became interested in showing two years ago when he found his mother's box of ribbons and awards. (star-telegram.com)
- In the current study, we found that neuropeptide Y (NPY) suppressed monocyte recruitment to the CNS in a mouse model of polytropic retrovirus infection. (asm.org)
- In the current study, we found that neuropeptide Y, a protein produced by neurons, affected monocyte recruitment to the brain during retrovirus infection. (asm.org)
- The sample set included a Maritime Archaic subadult more than 7,700 years old found in the L'Anse Amour burial mound, the oldest known burial mound in North America and one of the first manifestations of the Maritime Archaic tradition. (phys.org)
- Five years after graduating, I found myself back on the Harvard campus in a familiar situation: late to meet with a professor. (marksdailyapple.com)
- One in five pet owners described their animals as disruptive, but two in five perceived the pets as unobtrusive or even beneficial to sleep, the survey found. (yahoo.com)
- The cat belonged to a 66-year-old man who lives just a block away from where his pet was found. (q13fox.com)
- In designing the vaccine, Korber said she tried to capture the multiple strains and types of HIV found among the Thai population. (thebody.com)
- Groton - The town's animal control officer is looking for the rightful owner of a rat snake that was found Wednesday evening on Georgia Street. (theday.com)
- Animal Control Officer Donna Duso said that the domestic snake, who is the family of the corn snake, was found in a tree. (theday.com)
- In one incident of extreme negligence and disregard for animals, a newborn puppy was found dead, trapped beneath a floor grate. (pcrm.org)
- The animal care committee was required to have five members with expertise to regulate animal welfare at that institution, including at least one veterinarian. (wikipedia.org)
- If a producer or their veterinarian suspects scrapie in any animal they are obliged to report it to the nearest CFIA office . (gc.ca)
- A CFIA veterinarian will examine the animal as soon as possible after a report is made. (gc.ca)
- Thus catalyzed, and spurred by the efforts of Representative Joseph Y. Resnick, Congress created the Animal Welfare Act (1966), which named the USDA the responsible agency. (wikipedia.org)
- Legislation passed by the General Assembly made it mandatory for all political business divisions in Maryland to change their fiscal year by 1966 to coincide with the federal fiscal year. (chicagotribune.com)
- The findings in this report exemplify the One Health concept by highlighting how the health of people is interconnected with animals and the environment. (cdc.gov)
- We conducted an infection control assessment of the animal compounds and health-care facilities and measured air flow in the compounds by smoke testing ( 12 ). (cdc.gov)
- Eating real food, avoiding cigarettes , activity , lisinopril , losartan, atorvastatin, metformin , (and spironolactone ) are now proven to extend healthy life by 8 years in patients who are at high risk of health catastrophes and early death! (thehealthcareblog.com)
- An animal in the town of Sullivan has tested positive for the Eastern Equine Encephalitis virus (EEEv), according to the Madison County Health Department. (wktv.com)
- Rabid or potentially rabid animals in public settings can result in extensive public health investigation and action. (cdc.gov)
- This report provides standardized recommendations for public health officials, veterinarians, animal venue operators, animal exhibitors, visitors to animal venues and exhibits, and others concerned with disease-control and with minimizing risks associated with animals in public settings. (cdc.gov)
- NASPHV considers that the risks of these contacts can be minimized in properly supervised and managed settings by using appropriately selected animals that receive regular health examinations and preventive care. (cdc.gov)
- The influence of circadian rhythms on metabolic health: are animal studies providing the evidence? (cambridge.org)
- Animal disease reservoirs are extremely important for global public health. (phys.org)
- If the King Amendment becomes law, says Wayne Pacelle , president and CEO of the Humane Society of the United States, it will obliterate "every state, county or local law that creates any standard or condition relating to an agricultural production activity - so we'd have no state laws for agricultural facilities relating to worker rights, animal welfare, environmental protection or public health. (care2.com)
- Microbial pathogens have long been a concern in dairy production due to their potential impact on animal health, milk production, and economics. (usda.gov)
- It will allow us to determine a baseline for these organisms on two farms and set the stage for investigation of the effect of interventions, in the form of BMPs, on animal health and product quality. (usda.gov)
- You also need to give them the proper food and look after their health to keep them with you for years to come. (wikihow.com)
- Animal health status information by country for multiple years is available in Handistatus II . (oie.int)
- Under the Health of Animals Act , the CFIA may compensate owners for animals ordered destroyed . (gc.ca)
- Living with multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid Arthritis, Lisa Emrich is an award-winning, passionate patient advocate, health writer, classical musician, and backroad cyclist. (healthcentral.com)
- The company released a statement to Reuters Health saying recruitment was slow because multiple sclerosis therapy has evolved. (yahoo.com)
- He had contact with animals but did not consume raw milk. (hindawi.com)
- In recent years, increasing concerns over zoonotic pathogens in the dairy environment and in milk and meat products have added a new dimension to the challenge of biosecurity and biocontainment. (usda.gov)
- Instead, those early animals provided meat, milk and hides. (grit.com)
- But how this happens is a frustrating problem, Wright said, considering that studies suggest the preponderance of antibiotic-fighting genes should have taken thousands or millions of years to emerge. (nationalgeographic.com)
- Mitochondria also contain their own genome (mtDNA)-in animals, a circular DNA molecule that contains 37 genes encoding 13 subunits of the respiratory chain and ATP synthase, along with the tRNAs and rRNAs necessary for their production 1 . (nature.com)
- For many questions in biology, we want to know how different genes interact, and for this we need to introduce mutations into multiple genes," says Rudolf -Jaenisch, a biologist at the Whitehead Institute in Cambridge Massachusetts. (technologyreview.com)
- Two original rabbits reproduce in exponential numbers, quickly creating a population of hundreds or even thousands of stray animals. (rabbit.org)
- The IACUC is required to report significant noncompliance with animal use protocols to OLAW, as well as IACUC actions taken to correct the noncompliance. (wikipedia.org)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) is a neurodegenerative autoimmune disease that affects millions of people worldwide. (umass.edu)
- The development of an animal model [experimental allergic (or autoimmune) encephalomyelitis (EAE)] of a major neuroinflammatory disease [multiple sclerosis (MS)] led to closer scrutiny of the interactions between adaptive immunity and the CNS ( 9 ). (sciencemag.org)
- Some of these strategies were effective in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE), a widely used animal model for MS dependent on CD4+ T cells, but paradoxically have worsened disease in MS patients. (eurekaselect.com)
- F1 and V antigen based vaccines have shown remarkable protection in experimental animals. (nih.gov)
- Animal rights theorists criticize these positions, arguing that the words "unnecessary" and "humane" are subject to widely differing interpretations, and that animals have basic rights. (wikipedia.org)
- These organizations exist to help unwanted animals in a humane way. (rabbit.org)
- Through comprehensive programs and services, Animal Humane Society provides resources that compassionately serve all the stages of an animal's life. (issuu.com)
- Animal Humane Society is a member of the National Federation of Humane Societies and Pets Across America, a consortium of humane organizations throughout the country that raise funds to care for animals in local shelters. (issuu.com)
- uring the past two years, you've likely seen discussions in Animal Humane Society communications about community and community engagement - references to the greater community of people in which we all live, work and socialize, but also to the community of individuals who care about companion animals and their welfare. (issuu.com)
- Animal Humane Society is a founding member of Minnesota Partnership for Animal Welfare (MnPAW) and the Minnesota Horse Welfare Coalition. (issuu.com)
- In contrast, -Jaenisch and his colleagues, including MIT researcher Feng Zhang (a 2013 member of our list of 35 innovators under 35 ), reported last spring that CRISPR had allowed them to create a strain of mice with multiple mutations in three weeks. (technologyreview.com)
- Last year, the auction raised nearly $200,000 for students. (star-telegram.com)
- 2005. Worldwide phylogeography of wild boar reveals multiple centers of pig domestication. (tolweb.org)
- She is one of countless animals on "long-term stays" at local shelters. (nwfdailynews.com)
- For example, the analgesic morphine reduces pain but can affect other aspects of behaviour in pain-free animals, for example, excitement, increased activity or sedation, which can hamper traditional behavioural assessment of its action on pain. (wikipedia.org)
- Learn to appreciate the societal and ethical contexts of conservation biology, animal behaviour and animal welfare. (edu.au)
- This degree provides you with training in retrieving, analysing and evaluating information relevant to animal behaviour, and communicating this information to a variety of audiences. (edu.au)
- An adult animal may show changes in general behaviour such as aggression or apprehension, tremors, incoordination, or abnormal gait. (gc.ca)
- Understand animals to assess their welfare, survival and evolution. (edu.au)
Welfare of animals1
- I look forward to continuing to grow and develop a partnership that builds on our shared values and vision for the stature and welfare of animals in our community. (issuu.com)
- Promiscuous mothers-to-be encourage 'sperm wars' by tricking multiple partners into thinking they are the father of their young, to stop infants being killed off, scientists claim. (dailymail.co.uk)
- Experience the work of real-life fieldwork scientists working with wild animals. (edu.au)
- 50 years ago, scientists reported a possible connection between the environment and multiple sclerosis risk. (sciencenews.org)
- 50 years have refined a basic understanding of the brain, but scientists are still exploring how memories form, change and persist. (sciencenews.org)
- Scientists have long wondered if local animal cultures exist and now. (bio-medicine.org)
- Have you seen the animals licking their wounds multiple times in a day? (hubpages.com)
- The Harford County Commissioners decided 50 years ago this week to adopt the new July 1 to June 30 fiscal year starting in 1964. (chicagotribune.com)
- In a response published in the Journal, the FDA said that by its tally, 88 percent of all postmarketing requirements - not just those mandated in 2009 and 2010 - "were progressing according to their original schedules" as of the 2015 fiscal year. (yahoo.com)
- Considerable evidence has accumulated that multiple viruses, bacteria, and protozoa manipulate interleukin-10 (IL-10)-mediated signaling through the IL-10 receptor (IL-10R) in ways that could enable establishment of a persistent microbial infection. (nih.gov)
- The animal was humanely euthanized after vets determined its injuries were too severe to recover from. (q13fox.com)
- World Vets has been working in the Cusco region of Peru for almost six years. (worldvets.org)
- This is an unbelievable accomplishment that surpasses the total number of sterilizations ever performed on a World Vets small animal project. (worldvets.org)
- World Vets operates multiple international field service projects throughout the year. (worldvets.org)
- During the month of August, World Vets was in Central America, South America and Eastern Europe carrying out large scale operatives for small animals. (worldvets.org)
- During the month of June World Vets continued its small animal project in Peru. (worldvets.org)
- These are all recycled pets," says Aly Martinez, adoption counselor at Panhandle Animal Welfare Society. (nwfdailynews.com)
- Another challenge for adoption counselors are "bonded pairs" - animals who may or may not be related, but who are so attached to each other that they can't be separated. (nwfdailynews.com)
- Failure to thrive, feeding problems, and behavioral disorders emerge in the first year after the adoption. (aappublications.org)
- More studies analyzing methylation are needed to figure out lifespan for different breeds - and different animals, they wrote. (livescience.com)
- Now he collects money through the year from fellow commissioners, elected officials and, well, anyone he can talk into donating to the cause. (star-telegram.com)
- For more than 80 years, studies with the EAE model resulted in many breakthrough findings in the fields of immunology and neuroscience ( 10 - 20 ). (sciencemag.org)
- The study enrolled 175 MS or clinically isolated syndrome (CIS) patients and 42 age- and sex-matched healthy controls (HCs) who were longitudinally followed for 5.5 years. (springer.com)
- We wish to acknowledge all study participants and investigators that were involved and contributed to the CEG-MS study over the period of 8 years. (springer.com)
- A recent study by the AAA Foundation shows that the time Americans spend in their cars has increased by about 20 minutes a week, compared to 5 years ago. (terrybryant.com)
- The present study highlights the importance of multiple antigen peptide approach of F1-antigen with CpG as an alternative approach for subunit vaccine. (nih.gov)
- In this new study, the group analyzed the DNA, including its methylation, in blood samples taken from around 100 dogs, mostly Labrador retrievers, from a little over a month old to 16 years old. (livescience.com)
- A recent study published in Nature Communications builds upon that promise and seeks to create an HIV vaccine that targets multiple strains. (thebody.com)
- This fascinating 'green animal' provides a unique model to study the evolution of photosynthesis in a multicellular heterotrophic organism. (biologists.org)
- In this short review study, the aim was to compile biomarkers that reflect the progress and development of disability in MS that have been introduced in the past 5 years. (thefreelibrary.com)
- The sponsor was given more than 1 year to submit the trial protocol and 5 years to complete the trial," the study authors write. (yahoo.com)
- Results of the study are expected in the second half of next year. (yahoo.com)
- Also reviewed are neuroimaging findings in animal models of alcoholism and related neurological disorders. (thefreelibrary.com)