Serum Albumin, Bovine
Herpesvirus 1, Bovine
Leukemia Virus, Bovine
Diarrhea Viruses, Bovine Viral
A group of viruses in the genus PESTIVIRUS, causing diarrhea, fever, oral ulcerations, hemorrhagic syndrome, and various necrotic lesions among cattle and other domestic animals. The two species (genotypes), BVDV-1 and BVDV-2 , exhibit antigenic and pathological differences. The historical designation, BVDV, consisted of both (then unrecognized) genotypes.
Bovine Virus Diarrhea-Mucosal Disease
Acute disease of cattle caused by the bovine viral diarrhea viruses (DIARRHEA VIRUSES, BOVINE VIRAL). Often mouth ulcerations are the only sign but fever, diarrhea, drop in milk yield, and loss of appetite are also seen. Severity of clinical disease varies and is strain dependent. Outbreaks are characterized by low morbidity and high mortality.
Enzootic Bovine Leukosis
Respiratory Syncytial Virus, Bovine
Infectious Bovine Rhinotracheitis
Encephalopathy, Bovine Spongiform
A transmissible spongiform encephalopathy of cattle associated with abnormal prion proteins in the brain. Affected animals develop excitability and salivation followed by ATAXIA. This disorder has been associated with consumption of SCRAPIE infected ruminant derived protein. This condition may be transmitted to humans, where it is referred to as variant or new variant CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB SYNDROME. (Vet Rec 1998 Jul 25;143(41):101-5)
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
Amino Acid Sequence
Herpesvirus 4, Bovine
Immunodeficiency Virus, Bovine
Diarrhea Virus 1, Bovine Viral
A species of PESTIVIRUS causing systemic infections (BOVINE VIRUS DIARRHEA-MUCOSAL DISEASE) in cattle and some other cloven-hoofed animals. There are several strains and two biotypes: cytopathic (rare) and non-cytopathic. Infections range from clinically inapparent to severe, but do not correlate with biotypes.
Electrophoresis, Polyacrylamide Gel
A species of gram-negative, facultatively anaerobic, rod-shaped bacteria normally commensal in the flora of CATTLE and SHEEP. But under conditions of physical or PHYSIOLOGICAL STRESS, it can cause MASTITIS in sheep and SHIPPING FEVER or ENZOOTIC CALF PNEUMONIA in cattle. Its former name was Pasteurella haemolytica.
Bovine papillomavirus 4
Bovine Respiratory Disease Complex
The restriction of a characteristic behavior, anatomical structure or physical system, such as immune response; metabolic response, or gene or gene variant to the members of one species. It refers to that property which differentiates one species from another but it is also used for phylogenetic levels higher or lower than the species.
The inner portion of the adrenal gland. Derived from ECTODERM, adrenal medulla consists mainly of CHROMAFFIN CELLS that produces and stores a number of NEUROTRANSMITTERS, mainly adrenaline (EPINEPHRINE) and NOREPINEPHRINE. The activity of the adrenal medulla is regulated by the SYMPATHETIC NERVOUS SYSTEM.
Diarrhea Virus 2, Bovine Viral
A species of PESTIVIRUS causing systemic infections including BOVINE VIRUS DIARRHEA-MUCOSAL DISEASE and BOVINE HEMORRHAGIC SYNDROME in cattle and some other cloven-hoofed animals. There are several strains and two biotypes: cytopathic (rare) and non-cytopathic. The severity of disease appears to be strain dependent. Cytopathogenic effects do not correlate with virulence as non-cytopathic BVDV-2 is associated only with Hemorrhagic Disease, Bovine.
Parainfluenza Virus 3, Bovine
A genus of FLAVIVIRIDAE, also known as mucosal disease virus group, which is not arthropod-borne. Transmission is by direct and indirect contact, and by transplacental and congenital transmission. Species include BORDER DISEASE VIRUS, bovine viral diarrhea virus (DIARRHEA VIRUS, BOVINE VIRAL), and CLASSICAL SWINE FEVER VIRUS.
Herpesvirus 2, Bovine
A post-MORULA preimplantation mammalian embryo that develops from a 32-cell stage into a fluid-filled hollow ball of over a hundred cells. A blastocyst has two distinctive tissues. The outer layer of trophoblasts gives rise to extra-embryonic tissues. The inner cell mass gives rise to the embryonic disc and eventual embryo proper.
RNA sequences that serve as templates for protein synthesis. Bacterial mRNAs are generally primary transcripts in that they do not require post-transcriptional processing. Eukaryotic mRNA is synthesized in the nucleus and must be exported to the cytoplasm for translation. Most eukaryotic mRNAs have a sequence of polyadenylic acid at the 3' end, referred to as the poly(A) tail. The function of this tail is not known for certain, but it may play a role in the export of mature mRNA from the nucleus as well as in helping stabilize some mRNA molecules by retarding their degradation in the cytoplasm.
The outer layer of the adrenal gland. It is derived from MESODERM and comprised of three zones (outer ZONA GLOMERULOSA, middle ZONA FASCICULATA, and inner ZONA RETICULARIS) with each producing various steroids preferentially, such as ALDOSTERONE; HYDROCORTISONE; DEHYDROEPIANDROSTERONE; and ANDROSTENEDIONE. Adrenal cortex function is regulated by pituitary ADRENOCORTICOTROPIN.
Chromatography, High Pressure Liquid
Chromatography, Ion Exchange
An iron-binding protein that was originally characterized as a milk protein. It is widely distributed in secretory fluids and is found in the neutrophilic granules of LEUKOCYTES. The N-terminal part of lactoferrin possesses a serine protease which functions to inactivate the TYPE III SECRETION SYSTEM used by bacteria to export virulence proteins for host cell invasion.
Ephemeral Fever Virus, Bovine
Bovine respiratory disease found in animals that have been shipped or exposed to CATTLE recently transported. The major agent responsible for the disease is MANNHEIMIA HAEMOLYTICA and less commonly, PASTEURELLA MULTOCIDA or HAEMOPHILUS SOMNUS. All three agents are normal inhabitants of the bovine nasal pharyngeal mucosa but not the LUNG. They are considered opportunistic pathogens following STRESS, PHYSIOLOGICAL and/or a viral infection. The resulting bacterial fibrinous BRONCHOPNEUMONIA is often fatal.
Any liquid or solid preparation made specifically for the growth, storage, or transport of microorganisms or other types of cells. The variety of media that exist allow for the culturing of specific microorganisms and cell types, such as differential media, selective media, test media, and defined media. Solid media consist of liquid media that have been solidified with an agent such as AGAR or GELATIN.
Sequence Homology, Amino Acid
Any of various animals that constitute the family Suidae and comprise stout-bodied, short-legged omnivorous mammals with thick skin, usually covered with coarse bristles, a rather long mobile snout, and small tail. Included are the genera Babyrousa, Phacochoerus (wart hogs), and Sus, the latter containing the domestic pig (see SUS SCROFA).
A deoxyribonucleotide polymer that is the primary genetic material of all cells. Eukaryotic and prokaryotic organisms normally contain DNA in a double-stranded state, yet several important biological processes transiently involve single-stranded regions. DNA, which consists of a polysugar-phosphate backbone possessing projections of purines (adenine and guanine) and pyrimidines (thymine and cytosine), forms a double helix that is held together by hydrogen bonds between these purines and pyrimidines (adenine to thymine and guanine to cytosine).
A basic element found in nearly all organized tissues. It is a member of the alkaline earth family of metals with the atomic symbol Ca, atomic number 20, and atomic weight 40. Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body and combines with phosphorus to form calcium phosphate in the bones and teeth. It is essential for the normal functioning of nerves and muscles and plays a role in blood coagulation (as factor IV) and in many enzymatic processes.
Hemorrhagic Syndrome, Bovine
Fertilization in Vitro
The characteristic 3-dimensional shape of a protein, including the secondary, supersecondary (motifs), tertiary (domains) and quaternary structure of the peptide chain. PROTEIN STRUCTURE, QUATERNARY describes the conformation assumed by multimeric proteins (aggregates of more than one polypeptide chain).
A single-chain polypeptide derived from bovine tissues consisting of 58 amino-acid residues. It is an inhibitor of proteolytic enzymes including CHYMOTRYPSIN; KALLIKREIN; PLASMIN; and TRYPSIN. It is used in the treatment of HEMORRHAGE associated with raised plasma concentrations of plasmin. It is also used to reduce blood loss and transfusion requirements in patients at high risk of major blood loss during and following open heart surgery with EXTRACORPOREAL CIRCULATION. (Reynolds JEF(Ed): Martindale: The Extra Pharmacopoeia (electronic version). Micromedex, Inc, Englewood, CO, 1995)
Polymerase Chain Reaction
In vitro method for producing large amounts of specific DNA or RNA fragments of defined length and sequence from small amounts of short oligonucleotide flanking sequences (primers). The essential steps include thermal denaturation of the double-stranded target molecules, annealing of the primers to their complementary sequences, and extension of the annealed primers by enzymatic synthesis with DNA polymerase. The reaction is efficient, specific, and extremely sensitive. Uses for the reaction include disease diagnosis, detection of difficult-to-isolate pathogens, mutation analysis, genetic testing, DNA sequencing, and analyzing evolutionary relationships.
Methods of maintaining or growing biological materials in controlled laboratory conditions. These include the cultures of CELLS; TISSUES; organs; or embryo in vitro. Both animal and plant tissues may be cultured by a variety of methods. Cultures may derive from normal or abnormal tissues, and consist of a single cell type or mixed cell types.
Sequence Homology, Nucleic Acid
Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay
An immunoassay utilizing an antibody labeled with an enzyme marker such as horseradish peroxidase. While either the enzyme or the antibody is bound to an immunosorbent substrate, they both retain their biologic activity; the change in enzyme activity as a result of the enzyme-antibody-antigen reaction is proportional to the concentration of the antigen and can be measured spectrophotometrically or with the naked eye. Many variations of the method have been developed.
A pair of highly specialized muscular canals extending from the UTERUS to its corresponding OVARY. They provide the means for OVUM collection, and the site for the final maturation of gametes and FERTILIZATION. The fallopian tube consists of an interstitium, an isthmus, an ampulla, an infundibulum, and fimbriae. Its wall consists of three histologic layers: serous, muscular, and an internal mucosal layer lined with both ciliated and secretory cells.
Rod Cell Outer Segment
Cells that store epinephrine secretory vesicles. During times of stress, the nervous system signals the vesicles to secrete their hormonal content. Their name derives from their ability to stain a brownish color with chromic salts. Characteristically, they are located in the adrenal medulla and paraganglia (PARAGANGLIA, CHROMAFFIN) of the sympathetic nervous system.
An OOCYTE-containing structure in the cortex of the OVARY. The oocyte is enclosed by a layer of GRANULOSA CELLS providing a nourishing microenvironment (FOLLICULAR FLUID). The number and size of follicles vary depending on the age and reproductive state of the female. The growing follicles are divided into five stages: primary, secondary, tertiary, Graafian, and atretic. Follicular growth and steroidogenesis depend on the presence of GONADOTROPINS.
The major progestational steroid that is secreted primarily by the CORPUS LUTEUM and the PLACENTA. Progesterone acts on the UTERUS, the MAMMARY GLANDS and the BRAIN. It is required in EMBRYO IMPLANTATION; PREGNANCY maintenance, and the development of mammary tissue for MILK production. Progesterone, converted from PREGNENOLONE, also serves as an intermediate in the biosynthesis of GONADAL STEROID HORMONES and adrenal CORTICOSTEROIDS.
The part of CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM that is contained within the skull (CRANIUM). Arising from the NEURAL TUBE, the embryonic brain is comprised of three major parts including PROSENCEPHALON (the forebrain); MESENCEPHALON (the midbrain); and RHOMBENCEPHALON (the hindbrain). The developed brain consists of CEREBRUM; CEREBELLUM; and other structures in the BRAIN STEM.
Embryo Culture Techniques
Mature male germ cells derived from SPERMATIDS. As spermatids move toward the lumen of the SEMINIFEROUS TUBULES, they undergo extensive structural changes including the loss of cytoplasm, condensation of CHROMATIN into the SPERM HEAD, formation of the ACROSOME cap, the SPERM MIDPIECE and the SPERM TAIL that provides motility.
Classic quantitative assay for detection of antigen-antibody reactions using a radioactively labeled substance (radioligand) either directly or indirectly to measure the binding of the unlabeled substance to a specific antibody or other receptor system. Non-immunogenic substances (e.g., haptens) can be measured if coupled to larger carrier proteins (e.g., bovine gamma-globulin or human serum albumin) capable of inducing antibody formation.
Linear POLYPEPTIDES that are synthesized on RIBOSOMES and may be further modified, crosslinked, cleaved, or assembled into complex proteins with several subunits. The specific sequence of AMINO ACIDS determines the shape the polypeptide will take, during PROTEIN FOLDING, and the function of the protein.
Dose-Response Relationship, Drug
Members of the class of compounds composed of AMINO ACIDS joined together by peptide bonds between adjacent amino acids into linear, branched or cyclical structures. OLIGOPEPTIDES are composed of approximately 2-12 amino acids. Polypeptides are composed of approximately 13 or more amino acids. PROTEINS are linear polypeptides that are normally synthesized on RIBOSOMES.
Supporting cells for the developing female gamete in the OVARY. They are derived from the coelomic epithelial cells of the gonadal ridge. Granulosa cells form a single layer around the OOCYTE in the primordial ovarian follicle and advance to form a multilayered cumulus oophorus surrounding the OVUM in the Graafian follicle. The major functions of granulosa cells include the production of steroids and LH receptors (RECEPTORS, LH).
Fluorescent Antibody Technique
Test for tissue antigen using either a direct method, by conjugation of antibody with fluorescent dye (FLUORESCENT ANTIBODY TECHNIQUE, DIRECT) or an indirect method, by formation of antigen-antibody complex which is then labeled with fluorescein-conjugated anti-immunoglobulin antibody (FLUORESCENT ANTIBODY TECHNIQUE, INDIRECT). The tissue is then examined by fluorescence microscopy.
Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction
Sequence Analysis, DNA
The arrangement of two or more amino acid or base sequences from an organism or organisms in such a way as to align areas of the sequences sharing common properties. The degree of relatedness or homology between the sequences is predicted computationally or statistically based on weights assigned to the elements aligned between the sequences. This in turn can serve as a potential indicator of the genetic relatedness between the organisms.
Techniques used to separate mixtures of substances based on differences in the relative affinities of the substances for mobile and stationary phases. A mobile phase (fluid or gas) passes through a column containing a stationary phase of porous solid or liquid coated on a solid support. Usage is both analytical for small amounts and preparative for bulk amounts.
Nuclear Transfer Techniques
The measurement of infection-blocking titer of ANTISERA by testing a series of dilutions for a given virus-antiserum interaction end-point, which is generally the dilution at which tissue cultures inoculated with the serum-virus mixtures demonstrate cytopathology (CPE) or the dilution at which 50% of test animals injected with serum-virus mixtures show infectivity (ID50) or die (LD50).
A species of gram-negative, facultatively anaerobic, rod-shaped bacteria (GRAM-NEGATIVE FACULTATIVELY ANAEROBIC RODS) commonly found in the lower part of the intestine of warm-blooded animals. It is usually nonpathogenic, but some strains are known to produce DIARRHEA and pyogenic infections. Pathogenic strains (virotypes) are classified by their specific pathogenic mechanisms such as toxins (ENTEROTOXIGENIC ESCHERICHIA COLI), etc.
Gene Expression Regulation
A chemical reaction in which an electron is transferred from one molecule to another. The electron-donating molecule is the reducing agent or reductant; the electron-accepting molecule is the oxidizing agent or oxidant. Reducing and oxidizing agents function as conjugate reductant-oxidant pairs or redox pairs (Lehninger, Principles of Biochemistry, 1982, p471).
The family Cervidae of 17 genera and 45 species occurring nearly throughout North America, South America, and Eurasia, on most associated continental islands, and in northern Africa. Wild populations of deer have been established through introduction by people in Cuba, New Guinea, Australia, New Zealand, and other places where the family does not naturally occur. They are slim, long-legged and best characterized by the presence of antlers. Their habitat is forests, swamps, brush country, deserts, and arctic tundra. They are usually good swimmers; some migrate seasonally. (Walker's Mammals of the World, 5th ed, p1362)
Analysis of PEPTIDES that are generated from the digestion or fragmentation of a protein or mixture of PROTEINS, by ELECTROPHORESIS; CHROMATOGRAPHY; or MASS SPECTROMETRY. The resulting peptide fingerprints are analyzed for a variety of purposes including the identification of the proteins in a sample, GENETIC POLYMORPHISMS, patterns of gene expression, and patterns diagnostic for diseases.
A sulfated mucopolysaccharide initially isolated from bovine cornea. At least two types are known. Type I, found mostly in the cornea, contains D-galactose and D-glucosamine-6-O-sulfate as the repeating unit; type II, found in skeletal tissues, contains D-galactose and D-galactosamine-6-O-sulfate as the repeating unit.
Carrier proteins for OXYTOCIN and VASOPRESSIN. They are polypeptides of about 10-kDa, synthesized in the HYPOTHALAMUS. Neurophysin I is associated with oxytocin and neurophysin II is associated with vasopressin in their respective precursors and during transportation down the axons to the neurohypophysis (PITUITARY GLAND, POSTERIOR).
A genus of protozoan parasites of the subclass COCCIDIA. Its species are parasitic in dogs, cattle, goats, and sheep, among others. N. caninum, a species that mainly infects dogs, is intracellular in neural and other cells of the body, multiplies by endodyogeny, has no parasitophorous vacuole, and has numerous rhoptries. It is known to cause lesions in many tissues, especially the brain and spinal cord as well as abortion in the expectant mother.
Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
Small proteinaceous infectious particles which resist inactivation by procedures that modify NUCLEIC ACIDS and contain an abnormal isoform of a cellular protein which is a major and necessary component. The abnormal (scrapie) isoform is PrPSc (PRPSC PROTEINS) and the cellular isoform PrPC (PRPC PROTEINS). The primary amino acid sequence of the two isoforms is identical. Human diseases caused by prions include CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB SYNDROME; GERSTMANN-STRAUSSLER SYNDROME; and INSOMNIA, FATAL FAMILIAL.
No data available that match "year bovine"
The cow that CAN jump over the moon... almost: Finland's bizarre 'bovine agility' competition (and don't ask us to pull the...
Fair has run for 20 years and attracts farmers from all over Finland. ... Last year the show had more than 50,000 visitors. There were the usual draws for farmers fairs, including sheepdog trials, ... There was also a bovine beauty contest which aimed to find a Mr and Miss to be crowned king and queen of the show. ... Seth Rogens handmade ceramic vase sells at a charity auction for almost $10K... after he picked up pottery several years ago ...
Nazi bovine overlords set to rule for 1000 years
... Or at the very least claim a working majority at the next election.. Full ... Tommy Sheridan: I am working class and I have a cute two year old. How could you accuse me? ... John Terry stripped of Dad of the Year gong; title awarded to runner-up Tiger Woods ... Sports Personality of the Year: Lewis Hamiltons tax advisor takes runners-up spot ...
Chow - Page 2 - Eugene Weekly
Bo & Vine Expands to Eugene. Chow 1 year ago. On a recent Saturday at the Corvallis location of Bo & Vine Burger Bar two boys, ... 1 year ago. Its the last day Screamin Jays is open for the fall term when I stop by for a sandwich. The food cart opened Oct ... 1 year ago. True confession: I have eaten way too many salmon bento boxes. But any fan of Sushi Ya can tell you: That place is ... 1 year ago. Sweet Life Patisserie and Sweet Life Petite reopened with limited hours May 2 after receiving a Paycheck Protection ...
Watch for bovine respiratory disease in weaned calves
Bovine respiratory disease (BRD) remains one of the major diseases causing losses in weaned calves placed into feedlots. What ... Holding back calves this year? Were here to help. Feeding & backgrounding info relevant to your operation, all in one place. ... Bovine respiratory disease (BRD) remains one of the major diseases causing losses in weaned calves placed into feedlots. BRD ... Ron Clarke prepares this column on behalf of the Western Canadian Association of Bovine Practitioners. Suggestions for future ...
American Library Association Awards Announced (Opinion)
proposals - Entertainment.ie
Gold medal bovine | Alberta Farmer Express
Buy Bovine University Tee - Original Tees. Fanisetas - Tees Shop
Buy Bovine University Tee. Personalize your own tee of Original Tees. Fanisetas. Freak, Geek, Cool, Nerd & Funny T-Shirts. ... LanfaTees(8) - bovine(1) - university(8) - simpsons(93) - simpson(117) - homer(50) - vegan(35) - salad(2) - meat(6) - bbq(3) - ... Tees LanfaTees (8) - Tees bovine (1) - Tees university (8) - Tees simpsons (93) - Tees simpson (117) - Tees homer (50) - Tees ...
The End of an Era; and a Nice Surprise
Fast forward 12 years. When I found out that Choke was shutting down; and that May 10th would be my last chance to catch up ... I got a text message: "Choke is about to play at the bovine, $5." I ran out the door. What a good decision. ... When I was 17, I thought (like every 17 year old), I had it all figured out. Me and few friends decided in our infinite wisdom ... What I witnessed was probably one of the best live shows Ive seen in about 10 years. Choke took to the stage and rocked for ...
We Be Reading: Blackmailing Bovines and Other Farm Oddities
Amazon.com: Catherine Dellosa: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle
As an avid comic book fan who frequents the annual geek fests in our country year after year, I havent actually had the chance ... Book Review: Going Bovine by Libba Bray How do you know whats real and whats not? At the end of it all, does it really even ... And when 22-year-old Anna comes home to return to the life she left behind, she learns that there are just some things you ... Its mid-year madness this June, as some of the most awaited releases are coming this month. Pat your pockets and get your ...
A look at the last 100 years | AVA
100 years of advancing veterinary science, the health and welfare of animals, disease prevention and veterinary services. ... Australia is declared free of bovine pleuropneumonia. This disease had prevented live cattle exports for over 100 years. ... 100 Years of our Veterinary Community We take a look at key milestones, achievements and events within our profession, ... 100 years of advancing veterinary science, the health and welfare of animals, disease prevention and veterinary services. ...
Bovine Bling - Low Sizergh Barn
Leather croc strap watch - Black | Accessories | Ireland Site
Possible boat-bovine collision - Soundings Online
The man received a phone call last Wednesday informing him that one of his 29 cows was dead in a canal near Whitehall, N.Y., a ... Possible boat-bovine collision. Author:. Soundings Editors. Updated:. Jun 16, 2017. Original:. Jun 22, 2007. ... Speeding boats on the canal have been a problem in recent years, a police officer says in the report. Area police officials are ...
In 50 years, we'll look back on what we did to animals with complete horror
Inoculation is the answer to bovine tuberculosis, not the mass murder of innocent animals. ... The past 30 years has seen a massive increase in house building. But its not enough - for on average we take in 250,000 ... Basically, the Tory view down the years has been chase it and then kill it. Theyre not so much friends of the earth as mortal ... The thing is, I suspect that 50 years from now we will look back on how we treated our animals with the same appalled horror we ...
Re: On Protein or "Funny Protein"(NPN)--Killing "US" (Alkaline/Acid Debate Forum) 6/30/2007 909808
Como your bovine ability to follow the ML crowd h... Corinthian 14 years ago 1,949 * Here is some reading on the imaginary ... This is ... Corinthian 14 years ago 1,820 * I do not think it deceptive, nor dishonest... Y... grzbear 14 years ago 1,904 ... On Protein or "Funny Protein"(NPN)--Killing "US" Corinthian 14 years ago 2,203 * On "answer-- alkaline imbalance" Corinthian 14 ... C -- The source of the poison is not Funny Prote... R grzbear 14 years ago 3,229 * grz, thank you so much for your time and ...
May | 2009 | The Bovine
More than 10 years ago, Brazils fourth-largest city, Belo Horizonte, declared that food was a right of citizenship and started ... "For some years, Stephanie and Blake Alexandre were socially friendly with Mari and Peter Tardiff in northern Californias Del ... And the suggestion seems even more prescient now than when he first made it some 25 years ago on his farm near Kincardine in ... During the first six years of Belos food-as-a-right policy, perhaps in response to the new emphasis on food security, the ...
Y Vocabulary Words Quiz #1
Guess these vocabulary words that start with the letter Y. ... Long-haired bovine of the Himalayas. Yak. The masculine ... Y Vocabulary Words Quiz #1. Guess these vocabulary words that start with the letter Y. ... In New Zealand we got rid of 1c, 2c and 5c coins quite a few years ago, thank goodness! I couldnt believe it when I visited ... In fact, the term "yearling" does not refer to an animal which is aged between one and two years. In horse ages, it is a ...
Meat is disaggregated into bovine meat, pig meat, poultry, mutton and goat meat, and other meat. Dairy is divided into whole ... Figure 2 presents the development of the consumption of these products as an index to the reference year (1995). Food ... Figure 2 shows the development of per capita consumption of bovine meat, pig and poultry meat, total meat, and aggregated fish ... Consumption is shown in both kg/capita/year (Figure 1) and as an index of the per capita amount consumed (Figure 2). Figure 1 ...
Cinema Scene | Supreme Master Television - English
Yesterday was the Lunar New Year, and to welcome the Year of the Ox, we will present two wonderful films about our bovine ... For the fourth year in a row, the 72nd Cannes Film Festival hosted a Positive Cinema Week. It was founded by Jacques Attali, a ... "Well meet again in the coming months and years to make cinema become more and more positive in a country. That deserves to be ... About 10 years after the films release, we are experiencing something very similar with the current coronavirus pandemic. Like ...
The Phantom Windbreaker by Red Bovine
How futuristic food tech is transforming how we eat | Analysis & Features | The Grocer
For years, of course, that was a long way from the reality of cultured meat products. Posts burger required buckets and ... buckets of foetal bovine serum (FBS) to be made. In fact, early attempts at cultivated meat nearly all required more blood and ... 10 years, 10 big tech moments. 2011: Quorn launches its first vegan product - binding its fermented fungus with potato protein ... "In recent years there has been an explosion of new technology being developed to facilitate new products," says Alan Harper, ...
UK sets out new Bovine TB control strategy, but faces criticism from NFU
... but the National Farmers Union says that the measures could undo the UKs hard-won progress on bovine TB. ... The UK governments next phase of bovine TB control focuses on developing a TB vaccine for cattle, increasing badger ... In addition, existing cull licenses could be cut short after two years, down from five years, where supported by sufficient ... The UK governments next phase of bovine TB control focuses on developing a TB vaccine for cattle, increasing badger ...
Herero Genocide - Everything2.com
During the ten years (1894-1904) Major Theodor Leutwein was governor of the colony, there were six cases of whites murdered by ... A widespread rinderpest (contagious bovine typhus) epidemic wiped out an estimated fifty percent of the Herero cattle in 1897. ... Later that year, they announced "punitive measures" against tribal members who leave their "land" and cross the border onto ... Further, that year, German geneticist Eugen Fischer and others conducted "studies" that determined the inferiority of the ...
Bovine TB found in Manitoba cow - AGCanada - AGCanada
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) offered those assurances in a release Thursday confirming the finding in a five-year ... Bovine TB found in Manitoba cow. Posted May. 8th, 2008. by FBC staff No Comments ... Bovine TB poses no health threat to the general public, CFIA said, due to safeguards in place in the food safety system. The ... Human infection with bovine TB would come from "prolonged, close contact" with an infected animal or from consuming an infected ...
TuberculosisGoing Bovine by Libba BrayCowsHerdRecombinantCattleRespiratoryVetsInfectionRacesCalfChickenMeatSamplesIndiaBeefVeterinaryAnimalsFarmersThreatMeatsGrowthBadgerListGoodProductionPostMillionSlaughterRecent yearsCullMonsantoPercentEarlierFarmAbilityRoughlyWatchProductsRallyPassagePastTeamAdventuresImportantLast yearTimeShowsFoodEditorBackHighestCareHorsesReporter
- Inoculation is the answer to bovine tuberculosis, not the mass murder of innocent animals. (thesun.co.uk)
- Work to develop a vaccine for cattle and to vaccinate badgers is underway as new measures to eradicate bovine tuberculosis (bTB) in England by 2038 have been announced by the Environment Secretary George Eustice. (thebeefsite.com)
- Neither Manitoba's "TB-free" status for bovine tuberculosis, nor its beef and cattle export status, will be affected by the finding of a TB-positive beef cow in the province's northwest. (agcanada.com)
- The strategy to tackle the spread bovine tuberculosis (TB) will now incorporate field trials of a cattle vaccine that is likely to be deployed within the next five years. (wsbuzz.com)
- Bovine tuberculosis is a disease of cattle that can also infect badgers, deer, goats, pigs, dogs and cats. (wsbuzz.com)
- Bovine tuberculosis is typically transmitted aerially through coughs and sneezes. (wsbuzz.com)
- In the United Kingdom, most bovine tuberculosis outbreaks occur in the South West and the West Midlands. (wsbuzz.com)
- It's also proposing to keep funding bovine tuberculosis management by $30 million per year up to 2015. (rnz.co.nz)
- In his comments to ringside spectators, Mr Tomlinson, who has just rebuilt his dairy herd after losing 200 cows culled because of TB (bovine tuberculosis) in the past year, said that the Jerseys were perfect examples of a good, modern dairy cow. (edp24.co.uk)
Going Bovine by Libba Bray1
- Going Bovine by Libba Bray. (edweek.org)
- The trade fair has run for 20 years - and jumping cows were not its only unusual attraction. (dailymail.co.uk)
- Our main crop is the grass that the cows eat all year round which helps them produce organic raw milk. (lowsizerghbarn.co.uk)
- The man received a phone call last Wednesday informing him that one of his 29 cows was dead in a canal near Whitehall, N.Y., a report in the Post Star newspaper says. (soundingsonline.com)
- Yesterday was the Lunar New Year, and to welcome the Year of the Ox, we will present two wonderful films about our bovine animal friends who, just like us, are born free and should be respected: "Ferdinand" and "Bovines or the Real Life of Cows. (suprememastertv.com)
- Preliminary test results of both of the 3-year-old cows are expected later this week. (infectioncontroltoday.com)
- Raw, or unpasteurized, milk appears to be a radical concept these days, but humans have been drinking it this way since they figured out how to milk cows thousands of years ago. (wordpress.com)
- Genetically modified E. coli bacteria is used in the production of recombinant bovine growth hormone (rBGH), which is injected into some cows to boost milk production. (vegetariantimes.com)
- Beyond the tired bovine stereotypes, cows are also complex and intelligent animals with big personalities that often belie their docile reputation. (treehugger.com)
- The cow was in a herd of 240 cattle in the Riding Mountain eradication area (RMEA), considered to be at the highest risk for bovine TB due to its known presence in wildlife. (agcanada.com)
- All susceptible animals in the herd found to have been exposed to bovine TB will be ordered destroyed and compensation paid to the owner, CFIA said. (agcanada.com)
- In the inter-breed native category, there was no real surprise that a two-year-old Aberdeen Angus bull from the Hawstead Lodge herd, near Bury St Edmunds, was the supreme champion. (edp24.co.uk)
- The center of the controversy is recombinant bovine somatatropin (rbST), a synthetic growth hormone used to increase milk production in dairy cattle. (farmanddairy.com)
- In the view of several Alberta feedlot operators, "Although the mix of diseases in the 'dead pile' has changed and the cost of preventing cattle from getting there has increased, mortality today is just as high as it was 20 years ago! (canadiancattlemen.ca)
- The UK government's next phase of bovine TB control focuses on developing a TB vaccine for cattle, increasing badger vaccination and will end intensive badger culls after 2022, but the National Farmers Union says that the measures could undo the UK's hard-won progress on bovine TB. (thebeefsite.com)
- Last year, the Government announced that bTB cattle vaccination trials in England and Wales had been given the green light, as a result of ground-breaking research by government scientists. (thebeefsite.com)
- A widespread rinderpest (contagious bovine typhus) epidemic wiped out an estimated fifty percent of the Herero cattle in 1897. (everything2.com)
- The term "genetically pure" refers to bison being without bovine, or cattle, DNA. (thefencepost.com)
- Cattle in Europe are being watched carefully for any signs of bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE), also known as mad cow disease. (infectioncontroltoday.com)
- The shift in strategy has been made possible through a breakthrough by the Animal and Plant Health Agency (Apha) which will allow for field trials of a cattle vaccine, with efforts to accelerate the vaccine's deployment to within five years. (wsbuzz.com)
- Bovine TB is a slow-moving and insidious disease, leading to the slaughter of over 30,000 cattle every year and considerable trauma for farmers as they suffer the loss of highly-prized animals,' said Environment Secretary George Eustice. (wsbuzz.com)
- However, the growth medium for the production line includes fetal bovine serum, which is extracted from cattle fetuses, generally in slaughterhouses. (idtechex.com)
- Bovine respiratory disease (BRD) remains one of the major diseases causing losses in weaned calves placed into feedlots. (canadiancattlemen.ca)
- With your help, we are proud to say that TB Vets has provided approximately 20 ventilators/year since 1980 to address the urgent need for respiratory equipment throughout British Columbia. (tbvets.org)
- We are grateful to the thousands of British Columbians who invest so generously, year after year, in the programs, the people and the tools and technologies that, one gift at a time, are transforming the healthcare of respiratory patients in our province. (tbvets.org)
- Meats include cold meats of Iberian or white pork, bovine from the sayaguesa and morucha races, cuchifrito piglet and kid or lamb roasted or stewed with almonds. (turismocastillayleon.com)
- The Charolais bull, which was last shown as a calf at foot two years ago, clearly impressed the judge, Alistair Houston, from Gretna Green in the Borders. (edp24.co.uk)
- Although prices are now likely to be lower, the company's cultured chicken will still probably be a super-premium product for the first few years. (idtechex.com)
- Figure 2 shows the development of per capita consumption of bovine meat, pig and poultry meat, total meat, and aggregated fish and seafood, together with a single value for milk that represents all dairy products excluding butter. (europa.eu)
- CPF is confident that 'MEAT ZERO' will be the best-selling alternative meat brand in Asia and the top 3 in the world within 3-5 years. (prnasia.com)
- MEAT ZER0' will be the world's top 3 alternative meat brand within 3-5 years. (prnasia.com)
- In recent years, investment has poured into the industry, with companies like Memphis Meats, Shiok Meats and Mosa Meat having completed funding rounds in 2020. (idtechex.com)
- Before Wednesday's announcement, no regulatory regime in the world had approved cultured meat, with the approval process in the EU and US set to take years. (idtechex.com)
- This is problematic - one of the main aims of cultured meat is to move away from animal slaughter and fetal bovine serum is very expensive and produced in comparatively small quantities. (idtechex.com)
- In the same year, the RSS - a fascist paramilitary - was founded in India with the goal of establishing a theocratic Hindu state. (countercurrents.org)
- Forget years of successive droughts having broken their backbones, the extent of damages caused by them across India even this year is hidden to none. (countercurrents.org)
- The move spells the beginning of the end of the controversial policy of intensive badger culling, which some farmers have argued is necessary to control the spread of bovine TB, a disease that has been devastating the beef and dairy industries. (wsbuzz.com)
- 100 years of advancing veterinary science, the health and welfare of animals, disease prevention and veterinary services. (ava.com.au)
- Veterinary Practice News marks its 25th anniversary this year. (veterinarypracticenews.com)
- An unfortunate experience derailed her childhood interest in veterinary medicine, but several years, a marketing degree, a master's degree and a business career later, Felsted graduated in 1996 from the Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine. (veterinarypracticenews.com)
- Digital Portable Veterinary Ultrasound Scanner Machine Equine Bovine Box A+. (portableultrasoundscanner.info)
- The item "Digital Portable Veterinary Ultrasound Scanner Machine Equine Bovine Box&Gift A+" is in sale since Thursday, October 17, 2019. (portableultrasoundscanner.info)
- Throughout his 35-year tenure there, Gary gradually became more involved with MSU, where he worked with a wide range of clients and disciplines, from veterinary medicine and animal science to water resources, food science, and everything in between. (msu.edu)
- His sister, Virginia, 21, after parading the champion in the grand parade, was writing the conclusion to her 5,000-word essay as a final assignment in her second year of study in veterinary sciences at the Royal Veterinary College. (edp24.co.uk)
- Farmers who gathered at an agricultural show picked their favourite animals for a bizarre 'bovine agility' contest, which pitched the 1,500-pound beasts against each other in a dusty arena. (dailymail.co.uk)
- The thing is, I suspect that 50 years from now we will look back on how we treated our animals with the same appalled horror we now look back on slavery. (thesun.co.uk)
- A five-year badger vaccination programme in East Sussex has been awarded £2.27 million to enable farmers to deploy vaccinations over an area of 250 square kilometres. (thebeefsite.com)
- Bovine TB is one of the most difficult and intractable animal health challenges that the UK faces today, causing considerable trauma for farmers and costing taxpayers over £100 million every year. (thebeefsite.com)
- For the third year since the passage of Act 62, which enabled the direct sale of raw milk by farmers to consumers, Rural Vermont has presented an overview of how the law is working for farmers and the economic impact of raw milk sales. (wordpress.com)
- Worse even, this year has seen the crisis earlier hitting the farmers worst in Maharashtra, Bundelkhand and Telangana engulfing newer areas like Karnataka. (countercurrents.org)
- In such a scenario , allowing the farmers to use old currency notes to buy seeds, especially after a good monsoon this year might have led to relative easing of pressure off their shoulders. (countercurrents.org)
- Bovine TB poses no health threat to the general public, CFIA said, due to safeguards in place in the food safety system. (agcanada.com)
- As plant-based meats are gaining popularity across the globe, CPF, a leading agro-industrial and food business operator in Thailand and worldwide, has been inspired to throw huge supports on the research and development of alternative meats for more than 2 years. (prnasia.com)
- Monsanto has developed chemical products for many years, some of which have eventually become controversial or been banned - such as DDT, Agent Orange, bovine growth hormone and PCBs. (naturalnews.com)
- It also ignores its own evidence in its consultation which showed the current strategy, which includes badger controls, delivered reductions in TB incidents in cull areas by 51% after four years. (thebeefsite.com)
- However, officials have announced that the current intensive culling policy will start being phased out in the next few years, to be replaced with Government-supported badger vaccination schemes. (wsbuzz.com)
- Run by Pauline Kidner and helped and supported by a large number of highly committed staff and volunteers, Secret World do the difficult job of rescuing dozens of orphaned and injured badger cubs every year. (badgerland.co.uk)
- These badger cubs are hand-fed in the spring and summer and assembled into new badger families for release in the autumn every year. (badgerland.co.uk)
- This will be a tough year for the badger, with the impending cull(s) looming and the massive propaganda machine that is the NFU providing much misinformation. (badgerland.co.uk)
- This year has seen high levels of badger cubs through the doors of Secret World Wildlife Rescue, not helped by the long hot dry spells of weather. (badgerland.co.uk)
- As always our doors are open to all wildlife and the 24/7, 365 days a year service we provide ensures we are available to anyone, anywhere with a badger problem. (badgerland.co.uk)
- Producers will be tempted to sidestep good management practices, anxious to see semi-trailers disappear en route to auction. (canadiancattlemen.ca)
- More than 10 years ago, Brazil's fourth-largest city, Belo Horizonte, declared that food was a right of citizenship and started working to make good food available to all. (wordpress.com)
- I found him good home with a Miami family that had a big outdoor atrium with a swimming pool and he lived another 9 years. (huntingpa.com)
- A good example in my 'patch' is the Capistrano Formation, a late Miocene (these are about 8 million years old) mix of unconsolidated sand and muds that are in places 20 meters thick. (noanswersingenesis.org.au)
- The Right to Education Act is a very good law as it guarantees eight years of free and compulsory education for all children aged 6-14 years. (countercurrents.org)
- Eat Just claims that a plant-derived serum will be used in the next production line, however it wasn't available when the Singapore approval process began two years ago. (idtechex.com)
- some might say that it's been a year since I last posted, but looking at the time stamp of my last post, you can clearly see that I've still got like two months before it officially becomes a year apart, so HA! (amazon.com)
- I really don't know why I opened with that statement, considering it's my first post in a year (fine). (amazon.com)
- The Government has struck a $25 million deal with AsureQuality to cover biosecurity response field operations for 10 years. (rnz.co.nz)
- Every year, more than three million people pour into Yellowstone National Park, eager to escape the cramped cubicles and tiny apartments from whence they came. (washingtonpost.com)
- In February 1975, the Village Voice published details of a covert action program supplying Iraqi Kurds with weapons and material that had run for three years costing $16 million. (countercurrents.org)
- In this mostly Hindu-populated village where cow is revered as a deity and its slaughter is banned under state laws inviting upto 10 years in jail, the revelation sent shock waves. (hvk.org)
- Speeding boats on the canal have been a problem in recent years, a police officer says in the report. (soundingsonline.com)
- In recent years, they have started to see some light at the end of a very dark tunnel but today's announcement will drive a coach and horses through this positive hope. (thebeefsite.com)
- In recent years, tourists have started taking selfies with Yellowstone's 5,000 or so bison. (washingtonpost.com)
- In addition, existing cull licenses could be cut short after two years, down from five years, where supported by sufficient scientific evidence, and there will be no option for them to be renewed. (thebeefsite.com)
- Of course, we have known how corporations like Monsanto (and Bayer ) have operated for many years, whether it is by bribery, smear campaigns, faking data, co-opting agencies and key figures, subverting science or any of the other actions or human rights abuses that the Monsanto Tribunal has shed light on . (countercurrents.org)
- The Consumer Price Index rose 2.9 percent in June from a year ago, its highest rate of the last six years. (cnbc.com)
- Home furnishing prices have barely risen at all over the last year, and prices for information technology hardware and services have fallen by 2.3 percent in that time. (cnbc.com)
- Most bison herds in Colorado contain anywhere from 2-5 percent bovine DNA. (thefencepost.com)
- Como your bovine ability to follow the ML crowd h. (curezone.com)
- Roughly a week later, a 68-year-old Georgia woman was hiking along Storm Point Trail when she was gored by a bison. (washingtonpost.com)
- In alphabetical order, we present our 25 to Watch in Our 25th Year. (veterinarypracticenews.com)
- Figure 2 presents the development of the consumption of these products as an index to the reference year (1995). (europa.eu)
- 75 years later, that rally was replicated when 20,000 people attended a Madison Square Garden reception organized for Modi by the Nazi-inspired RSS. (countercurrents.org)
- Braving cold weather, dedicated South Asian activists gathered at the Holland Park in Surrey on Saturday to hold rally in commemoration of the 25 years of the demolition of Babri Mosque. (countercurrents.org)
- This bill has been introduced this year and we hope for its passage. (vegofwa.org)
- Despite being a Caldecott Honor Book, I never picked this one up for Z. Of course, he was exposed to it in preschool this past school year and when we saw it at the library he was extremely excited--so excited that he screamed the title out in the middle of the room. (webereading.com)
- vCJD similarly causes sponge-like holes in the human brain and has killed more than 100 people in Europe during the past 5 years. (infectioncontroltoday.com)
- Bovine had the PAX count off in 3's, and sent each team off to their assigned station. (f3omaha.com)
- And we are always on the lookout for another to add to our collection of bovine adventures. (safaripress.com)
- We urgently need sites for this years cubs and it is important that cubs are released early enough in the season before the winter sets in. (badgerland.co.uk)
- Last year the show had more than 50,000 visitors. (dailymail.co.uk)
- Last year, black-footed ferrets were released into the Soapstone Prairie with the help of reproduction technology. (thefencepost.com)
- Last year, because of your generosity, we were able to grant just over $800,000 to British Columbia Hospitals, First Responders, Researchers and Education. (tbvets.org)
- India's imports from China actually increased in the second half of last year and China surged as India's number one trading partner, surpassing the US. (countercurrents.org)
- Cases such as this one occur from time to time, CFIA said, even though Canada's herds are considered bovine TB-free. (agcanada.com)
- During the ten years (1894-1904) Major Theodor Leutwein was governor of the colony, there were six cases of whites murdered by blacks with 15 death penalties assigned and at the same time, five blacks murdered by whites only brought prison sentences of between three months and five and a half years. (everything2.com)
- Three years ago, it appeared as if Schmidt was at a dead end legally, when he was threatened with extended jail time following legal setbacks in his long crusade to legalize raw milk sales in Ontario and elsewhere in Canada. (wordpress.com)
- I was the lucky one to manage the Program at MMPA, so I was involved with setting up the interns and projects throughout the years, and walking them through the Program and their time with us. (msu.edu)
- What I witnessed was probably one of the best live shows I've seen in about 10 years. (blogto.com)
- The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) offered those assurances in a release Thursday confirming the finding in a five-year-old cow within 10 km of Riding Mountain National Park. (agcanada.com)
- Thanks also to "THE BOVINE " editor for providing some of the questions and for reprinting the interview in it's entirety here. (wordpress.com)
- As promised, my new book titled The Bookshop Back Home is finally out today after 7 years. (amazon.com)
- It began about 10 years ago when the city of Fort Collins partnered with the USDA to bring bison back to the Soapstone Prairie. (thefencepost.com)
- On May 15, a 16-year-old Taiwanese exchange student similarly turned her back on a bison to pose for a group photo when the even-toed ungulate took umbrage. (washingtonpost.com)
- Our cultural ties go back a thousand years," said John Le Fondre , Jersey's chief minister, who has been working with the UK government and European Commission on resolving the fishing problem. (countercurrents.org)
- But it was May, insisted the foreign secretary, who had won the highest share of the vote in any election in the last 25 years, May who was true victor. (countercurrents.org)
- That's approximately 36,500 patients a year whose care has been delivered with support from loyal donors like you. (tbvets.org)
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture reports that more than 100,000 American horses are exported to Canadian and Mexican slaughterhouses each year. (vegofwa.org)
- Years after the fire, Chicago Republic reporter Michael Ahern admitted that he had fabricated the whole "cow kicking lantern" bit. (treehugger.com)