Weapons of Mass Destruction
Receptors, Lymphocyte Homing
Cell surface glycoproteins on lymphocytes and other leukocytes that mediate adhesion to specialized blood vessels called high endothelial venules. Several different classes of lymphocyte homing receptors have been identified, and they appear to target different surface molecules (addressins) on high endothelial venules in different tissues. The adhesion plays a crucial role in the trafficking of lymphocytes.
Conducted Energy Weapon Injuries
Biological Warfare Agents
World War II
World War I
A live VACCINIA VIRUS vaccine of calf lymph or chick embryo origin, used for immunization against smallpox. It is now recommended only for laboratory workers exposed to smallpox virus. Certain countries continue to vaccinate those in the military service. Complications that result from smallpox vaccination include vaccinia, secondary bacterial infections, and encephalomyelitis. (Dorland, 28th ed)
Severe irritant and vesicant of skin, eyes, and lungs. It may cause blindness and lethal lung edema and was formerly used as a war gas. The substance has been proposed as a cytostatic and for treatment of psoriasis. It has been listed as a known carcinogen in the Fourth Annual Report on Carcinogens (NTP-85-002, 1985) (Merck, 11th ed).
The observation, either continuously or at intervals, of the levels of radiation in a given area, generally for the purpose of assuring that they have not exceeded prescribed amounts or, in case of radiation already present in the area, assuring that the levels have returned to those meeting acceptable safety standards.
Plutonium. A naturally radioactive element of the actinide metals series. It has the atomic symbol Pu, atomic number 94, and atomic weight 242. Plutonium is used as a nuclear fuel, to produce radioisotopes for research, in radionuclide batteries for pacemakers, and as the agent of fission in nuclear weapons.
Wounds and Injuries
Emergency Medical Service Communication Systems
Cell surface glycoproteins that bind to chemokines and thus mediate the migration of pro-inflammatory molecules. The receptors are members of the seven-transmembrane G protein-coupled receptor family. Like the CHEMOKINES themselves, the receptors can be divided into at least three structural branches: CR, CCR, and CXCR, according to variations in a shared cysteine motif.
Head Injuries, Penetrating
Integrin beta Chains
Integrin beta chains combine with integrin alpha chains to form heterodimeric cell surface receptors. Integrins have traditionally been classified into functional groups based on the identity of one of three beta chains present in the heterodimer. The beta chain is necessary and sufficient for integrin-dependent signaling. Its short cytoplasmic tail contains sequences critical for inside-out signaling.
A family of transmembrane glycoproteins (MEMBRANE GLYCOPROTEINS) consisting of noncovalent heterodimers. They interact with a wide variety of ligands including EXTRACELLULAR MATRIX PROTEINS; COMPLEMENT, and other cells, while their intracellular domains interact with the CYTOSKELETON. The integrins consist of at least three identified families: the cytoadhesin receptors(RECEPTORS, CYTOADHESIN), the leukocyte adhesion receptors (RECEPTORS, LEUKOCYTE ADHESION), and the VERY LATE ANTIGEN RECEPTORS. Each family contains a common beta-subunit (INTEGRIN BETA CHAINS) combined with one or more distinct alpha-subunits (INTEGRIN ALPHA CHAINS). These receptors participate in cell-matrix and cell-cell adhesion in many physiologically important processes, including embryological development; HEMOSTASIS; THROMBOSIS; WOUND HEALING; immune and nonimmune defense mechanisms; and oncogenic transformation.
Restriction of freedom of movement of individuals who have been exposed to infectious or communicable disease in order to prevent its spread; a period of detention of vessels, vehicles, or travelers coming from infected or suspected places; and detention or isolation on account of suspected contagion. It includes government regulations on the detention of animals at frontiers or ports of entrance for the prevention of infectious disease, through a period of isolation before being allowed to enter a country. (From Dorland, 28th ed & Black's Veterinary Dictionary, 17th ed)
Employer Health Costs
An acute infection caused by the spore-forming bacteria BACILLUS ANTHRACIS. It commonly affects hoofed animals such as sheep and goats. Infection in humans often involves the skin (cutaneous anthrax), the lungs (inhalation anthrax), or the gastrointestinal tract. Anthrax is not contagious and can be treated with antibiotics.
Integrin alpha4beta1 is a FIBRONECTIN and VCAM-1 receptor present on LYMPHOCYTES; MONOCYTES; EOSINOPHILS; NK CELLS and thymocytes. It is involved in both cell-cell and cell- EXTRACELLULAR MATRIX adhesion and plays a role in INFLAMMATION, hematopoietic cell homing and immune function, and has been implicated in skeletal MYOGENESIS; NEURAL CREST migration and proliferation, lymphocyte maturation and morphogenesis of the PLACENTA and HEART.
Bone Marrow Cells
A reaction that severs one of the covalent sugar-phosphate linkages between NUCLEOTIDES that compose the sugar phosphate backbone of DNA. It is catalyzed enzymatically, chemically or by radiation. Cleavage may be exonucleolytic - removing the end nucleotide, or endonucleolytic - splitting the strand in two.
District of Columbia
The excision of in-frame internal protein sequences (INTEINS) of a precursor protein, coupled with ligation of the flanking sequences (EXTEINS). Protein splicing is an autocatalytic reaction and results in the production of two proteins from a single primary translation product: the intein and the mature protein.
The amount of radiation energy that is deposited in a unit mass of material, such as tissues of plants or animal. In RADIOTHERAPY, radiation dosage is expressed in gray units (Gy). In RADIOLOGIC HEALTH, the dosage is expressed by the product of absorbed dose (Gy) and quality factor (a function of linear energy transfer), and is called radiation dose equivalent in sievert units (Sv).
Mating Preference, Animal
Cell Adhesion Molecules
The internal fragments of precursor proteins (INternal proTEINS) that are autocatalytically removed by PROTEIN SPLICING. The flanking fragments (EXTEINS) are ligated forming mature proteins. The nucleic acid sequences coding for inteins are considered to be MOBILE GENETIC ELEMENTS. Inteins are composed of self-splicing domains and an endonuclease domain which plays a role in the spread of the intein's genomic sequence. Mini-inteins are composed of the self-splicing domains only.
The soft tissue filling the cavities of bones. Bone marrow exists in two types, yellow and red. Yellow marrow is found in the large cavities of large bones and consists mostly of fat cells and a few primitive blood cells. Red marrow is a hematopoietic tissue and is the site of production of erythrocytes and granular leukocytes. Bone marrow is made up of a framework of connective tissue containing branching fibers with the frame being filled with marrow cells.
Mice homozygous for the mutant autosomal recessive gene "scid" which is located on the centromeric end of chromosome 16. These mice lack mature, functional lymphocytes and are thus highly susceptible to lethal opportunistic infections if not chronically treated with antibiotics. The lack of B- and T-cell immunity resembles severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID) syndrome in human infants. SCID mice are useful as animal models since they are receptive to implantation of a human immune system producing SCID-human (SCID-hu) hematochimeric mice.
Technique using an instrument system for making, processing, and displaying one or more measurements on individual cells obtained from a cell suspension. Cells are usually stained with one or more fluorescent dyes specific to cell components of interest, e.g., DNA, and fluorescence of each cell is measured as it rapidly transverses the excitation beam (laser or mercury arc lamp). Fluorescence provides a quantitative measure of various biochemical and biophysical properties of the cell, as well as a basis for cell sorting. Other measurable optical parameters include light absorption and light scattering, the latter being applicable to the measurement of cell size, shape, density, granularity, and stain uptake.
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
Lymphocytes responsible for cell-mediated immunity. Two types have been identified - cytotoxic (T-LYMPHOCYTES, CYTOTOXIC) and helper T-lymphocytes (T-LYMPHOCYTES, HELPER-INDUCER). They are formed when lymphocytes circulate through the THYMUS GLAND and differentiate to thymocytes. When exposed to an antigen, they divide rapidly and produce large numbers of new T cells sensitized to that antigen.
Acidic sulfated integral membrane glycoproteins expressed in several alternatively spliced and variable glycosylated forms on a wide variety of cell types including mature T-cells, B-cells, medullary thymocytes, granulocytes, macrophages, erythrocytes, and fibroblasts. CD44 antigens are the principle cell surface receptors for hyaluronate and this interaction mediates binding of lymphocytes to high endothelial venules. (From Abbas et al., Cellular and Molecular Immunology, 2d ed, p156)
Hearing Loss, Noise-Induced
White blood cells formed in the body's lymphoid tissue. The nucleus is round or ovoid with coarse, irregularly clumped chromatin while the cytoplasm is typically pale blue with azurophilic (if any) granules. Most lymphocytes can be classified as either T or B (with subpopulations of each), or NATURAL KILLER CELLS.
The sequence of transfers of matter and energy from organism to organism in the form of FOOD. Food chains intertwine locally into a food web because most organisms consume more than one type of animal or plant. PLANTS, which convert SOLAR ENERGY to food by PHOTOSYNTHESIS, are the primary food source. In a predator chain, a plant-eating animal is eaten by a larger animal. In a parasite chain, a smaller organism consumes part of a larger host and may itself be parasitized by smaller organisms. In a saprophytic chain, microorganisms live on dead organic matter.
Strains of mice in which certain GENES of their GENOMES have been disrupted, or "knocked-out". To produce knockouts, using RECOMBINANT DNA technology, the normal DNA sequence of the gene being studied is altered to prevent synthesis of a normal gene product. Cloned cells in which this DNA alteration is successful are then injected into mouse EMBRYOS to produce chimeric mice. The chimeric mice are then bred to yield a strain in which all the cells of the mouse contain the disrupted gene. Knockout mice are used as EXPERIMENTAL ANIMAL MODELS for diseases (DISEASE MODELS, ANIMAL) and to clarify the functions of the genes.
Mice, Inbred NOD
Hematopoietic Stem Cell Mobilization
Vascular Cell Adhesion Molecule-1
Cytokine-induced cell adhesion molecule present on activated endothelial cells, tissue macrophages, dendritic cells, bone marrow fibroblasts, myoblasts, and myotubes. It is important for the recruitment of leukocytes to sites of inflammation. (From Pigott & Power, The Adhesion Molecule FactsBook, 1993, p154)
Differentiation antigens residing on mammalian leukocytes. CD stands for cluster of differentiation, which refers to groups of monoclonal antibodies that show similar reactivity with certain subpopulations of antigens of a particular lineage or differentiation stage. The subpopulations of antigens are also known by the same CD designation.
Integrin alpha Chains
The alpha subunits of integrin heterodimers (INTEGRINS), which mediate ligand specificity. There are approximately 18 different alpha chains, exhibiting great sequence diversity; several chains are also spliced into alternative isoforms. They possess a long extracellular portion (1200 amino acids) containing a MIDAS (metal ion-dependent adhesion site) motif, and seven 60-amino acid tandem repeats, the last 4 of which form EF HAND MOTIFS. The intracellular portion is short with the exception of INTEGRIN ALPHA4.
A critical subpopulation of T-lymphocytes involved in the induction of most immunological functions. The HIV virus has selective tropism for the T4 cell which expresses the CD4 phenotypic marker, a receptor for HIV. In fact, the key element in the profound immunosuppression seen in HIV infection is the depletion of this subset of T-lymphocytes.
Mesenchymal Stem Cell Transplantation
Mesenchymal Stromal Cells
Bone-marrow-derived, non-hematopoietic cells that support HEMATOPOETIC STEM CELLS. They have also been isolated from other organs and tissues such as UMBILICAL CORD BLOOD, umbilical vein subendothelium, and WHARTON JELLY. These cells are considered to be a source of multipotent stem cells because they include subpopulations of mesenchymal stem cells.
Emergency Service, Hospital
Lymphocyte Function-Associated Antigen-1
An integrin heterodimer widely expressed on cells of hematopoietic origin. CD11A ANTIGEN comprises the alpha chain and the CD18 antigen (ANTIGENS, CD18) the beta chain. Lymphocyte function-associated antigen-1 is a major receptor of T-CELLS; B-CELLS; and GRANULOCYTES. It mediates the leukocyte adhesion reactions underlying cytolytic conjugate formation, helper T-cell interactions, and antibody-dependent killing by NATURAL KILLER CELLS and granulocytes. Intracellular adhesion molecule-1 has been defined as a ligand for lymphocyte function-associated antigen-1.
Deoxyribonucleases, Type II Site-Specific
Enzyme systems containing a single subunit and requiring only magnesium for endonucleolytic activity. The corresponding modification methylases are separate enzymes. The systems recognize specific short DNA sequences and cleave either within, or at a short specific distance from, the recognition sequence to give specific double-stranded fragments with terminal 5'-phosphates. Enzymes from different microorganisms with the same specificity are called isoschizomers. EC 184.108.40.206.
Morphologic alteration of small B LYMPHOCYTES or T LYMPHOCYTES in culture into large blast-like cells able to synthesize DNA and RNA and to divide mitotically. It is induced by INTERLEUKINS; MITOGENS such as PHYTOHEMAGGLUTININS, and by specific ANTIGENS. It may also occur in vivo as in GRAFT REJECTION.
Highly specialized EPITHELIAL CELLS that line the HEART; BLOOD VESSELS; and lymph vessels, forming the ENDOTHELIUM. They are polygonal in shape and joined together by TIGHT JUNCTIONS. The tight junctions allow for variable permeability to specific macromolecules that are transported across the endothelial layer.
Stem Cell Niche
Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation
Transfer of HEMATOPOIETIC STEM CELLS from BONE MARROW or BLOOD between individuals within the same species (TRANSPLANTATION, HOMOLOGOUS) or transfer within the same individual (TRANSPLANTATION, AUTOLOGOUS). Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation has been used as an alternative to BONE MARROW TRANSPLANTATION in the treatment of a variety of neoplasms.
Type 65 torpedo
Wake homing anti-ship weapon. Operates at 20 m depth. Sensor points upwards to detect the ships wake, the torpedo sweeps from ... Homing: active/passive sonar and wire guidance Warhead: 450/557 kg high explosive Propulsion: Probably gas-turbine powered by ...
Army Ranger Wing
"Army Home Weapon". Defence Forces. Archived from the original on 12 February 2012. Tactical Weapons, May 2010 Issue. Guns of ... In addition to standard weapons of the Irish Defence Forces, weapons used by the ARW include:- Denel Vektor M1 60mm Mortar ... "Army - Company Level Weapons". Defence Forces. Retrieved 19 November 2016. "Army - Platoon Level Weapons". Defence Forces. ... On average, a member of the ARW spends between 5 and 10 years serving with the unit before being returned to their home unit ...
"Brisbane Roar Home". Brisbane Roar. "Yeboah's Secret Weapon". footballcentral.com.au. Andrew Howe. "Brisbane Roar Home". ... "Brisbane Roar Home". Brisbane Roar. "Home - bundesliga.de - die offizielle Webseite der Bundesliga". bundesliga.de - die ... Six days later, Yeboah made his home debut in Brisbane's convincing 4-0 win against Sydney FC. He started the first four games ...
Front Sight Firearms Training Institute
Dry Practice Manuals in ammunition-less home practice are available via the website. These are soft cover manuals with black- ... Other training includes empty hand defense, edged weapons, rappel and climb, child safety, youth achievement, corporate team ... ISBN 1-4402-2400-5. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Hilliard, Frank (9 June 2009). Home Invasion Prevention. Lulu.com. ... a martial arts and edged weapons gym, a rope, rappel and climb facility including zip lines, a pro shop, and food service for ...
"Induced Seismicity - Home". Esd.lbl.gov. Retrieved 2018-06-05. Van Eijsa, R.M.H.E; Muldersa, F.M.M; Nepveua, M; Kenterb, C.J; ... 1988). Nuclear Weapon Tests: Prohibition or Limitation?. SIPRI Monograph Series. Stockholm International Peace Research ... "Induced Seismicity - Home". esd1.lbl.gov. Retrieved 2017-09-04. "M 4.3 Nuclear Explosion - North Korea". 2014-04-27. Retrieved ...
Jacqueline Grennan Wexler
"Sister J: Secret weapon". Life. 57: 53-61. 1964-10-23. Kaiser, Robert Blair (April 2017). "The nuns that quit". Ladies' Home ... She was the first girl in her high school to pursue a general science course rather than study home economics. After graduating ... Wexler died, unexpectedly, in her sleep at her home in Orlando, Florida, on January 19, 2012, aged 85. A funeral Mass was ... Home Journal, Look, and Change: The Magazine of Higher Learning. She also made television appearances, joining David Susskind ...
Messerschmitt Me 163 Komet
"Komet weapons: SG500 Jägerfaust". robdebie.home.xs4all.nl. Ethell and Price 1979, pp. 133-135. Ethell 1978, p. 140. Spick, Mike ... It appears that this weapon was used in combat only once, resulting in the destruction of a Lancaster bomber on 10 April 1945. ... A photocell in the upper surface of the Komet triggered the weapons by detecting the change in brightness when the aircraft ... "Me 163B powered by BMW P 3330A". robdebie.home.xs4all.nl. Stüwe 1999, p. 254. Atwood, Tom (21 July 2001). "Komet 163 - Chief ...
Hit Trot songs in the 1930s: "Traces Of Castle Ruins" (황성 옛터, 1932) "Living Away From Home" (타향살이, 1934) "Tears Of Mokpo" (목포의 ... "Trot Music Is S.Korea's Best Propaganda Weapon". December 30, 2010.. ... Interview with Monthly Chosun Magazine (October 2005) (in Korean). Gayo-mudae Home page. The Chosunilbo. " ... longing for sweet home. Some see the origin of this sentimentalism in "colonial tragedy." But that may well be ...
9th Wonder production discography
"Sound of the Weapon (9th Wonder Remix)" 04. "Count 'Em Up" (featuring Nipsey Hussle & Rapper Big Pooh) 07. "Falls Down" ( ... "Come On Home" 10. "Takin It With Me" 16. "The Bigger Picture" (featuring Krondon) 02. "Back and Forth" (featuring King Magnetic ... "Home" 17. "Nighttime Maneuevers" 18. "The Listening" 06. "Church" (feat. Spike Lee) 03. "Good Ol' Love" 05. "Is She the Reason ...
As part of her purpose to inspire young musicians, she visited Central High School in East Chicago, Indiana (her home state), ... Hiatt, Brian (2008). "Best Secret Weapon - Crystal Taliefero". rollingstone.com. Retrieved February 20, 2010. Graff, Gary ( ... "Best Secret Weapon". In 1986, Taliefero suffered a ruptured appendix while touring with Bob Seger. She was hospitalized for ... August 29, 1986). "Seger's storm electrifies home crowd". freep.com. Retrieved February 20, 2010. Watkins, John J. (2009). " ...
The Birthday Party (band)
"The Boys Next Door Concerts". Home.iae.nl. Retrieved 9 October 2011. David Nichols (22 October 2007). ""Lethal Weapons" 30 ...
Office of the Home Secretary; National Academy of Sciences (1 January 2004). Biographical Memoirs. Vol. 84. National Academies ... "War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Weapon of Choice, The; Interview with Victor Weisskopf, 1986". openvault.wgbh.org. Retrieved ... and later campaigned against the proliferation of nuclear weapons. Weisskopf was born in Vienna to Jewish parents and earned ... scientists sent by Pope John Paul II to talk to President Ronald Reagan about the need to prohibit the use of nuclear weapons. ...
"Home Guard weapons through time". histsamling.dk. p. Danish. Archived from the original on 26 July 2016. Retrieved 22 February ... The M72 LAW (Light Anti-Tank Weapon, also referred to as the Light Anti-Armor Weapon or LAW as well as LAWS: Light Anti-Armor ... It is used primarily as a backup to the Javelin and M136 (AT4) anti-tank weapons. The weapon is later reverse- ... "M72 Light Anti-tank Weapon System (LAW)". www.inetres.com. Gary's U.S. Infantry Weapons Reference Guide. E. T. DeRieux et al. ...
The novel The Home Team: Weapons Grade also mentions the site; the book's villains dig up two metric tons of "Anthrax 836" from ... Chalker, Dennis & Dockery, Kevin (2006). The Home Team: Weapons Grade. New York City: Avon Books. p. 373. ISBN 9780061746901. ... The area and its former biological weapons base and laboratories were also featured in a mission in Call of Duty: Black Ops. ... The official Soviet name of this city was the same as the weapons complex itself: Aralsk-7. It contained simple infrastructure ...
National Security Act (India)
"NSA, A Weapon of Repression". www.pucl.org. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 10 October 2015. "NSA, 1980 ... " (PDF). Home Ministry, Govt of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 February 2013. Retrieved 17 September 2013. "Dour ...
While She Was Out
He draws his weapon as they engage in foreplay. She tells him to have sex with her, and as he is distracted she ignites the ... Della returns home. Her husband Kenneth complains she was out late and is tracking mud throughout the house, but Della ignores ... As they pursue her some distance, she eventually crashes her car in a deserted area where homes are under construction. She ... road flare and blinds him, takes his weapon, and kills him. ...
HMS Vengeance (S31)
"The Current British Arsenal". The Nuclear Weapon Archive - A Guide to Nuclear Weapons. 30 April 2001. Retrieved 23 February ... "HMS Vengeance nuclear sub returns home after power loss". BBC News. 3 April 2011. " ... Spearfish torpedoes List of submarines of the Royal Navy List of submarine classes of the Royal Navy Nuclear weapons and the ...
The United States Marine Corps uses the following four weapons safety rules: Treat every weapon as if it were loaded Never ... Carry only empty guns, taken down or with the action open, into your car, camp and home. Always be sure that the barrel and ... "DIV 24 Pistol Weapons Handling" (PDF). United States Marine Corps. Bryce M. Towsley, Gunsmithing Made Easy, p. 91 "Can a bullet ... If families do keep a gun in the home, the AAP advises keeping it unloaded and locked up, with the ammunition locked in a ...
David Cooper (chaplain)
In 2002 it was reported in the media that the Royal Military Police had seized weapons during a raid on his home in the grounds ... "Weapons seized from Eton chaplain's home". The Independent. 3 December 2002. Retrieved 31 August 2008. CS1 maint: discouraged ...
List of Major League Baseball single-game grand slam leaders
Home Run: The Definitive History of Baseball's Ultimate Weapon. Potomac Books, Inc. p. 215. ISBN 9781597976572. Retrieved ... Frank Robinson is also a member of the 500 home run club. Of the nine players eligible for the Baseball Hall of Fame who have ... In baseball, a grand slam is a home run that is hit when all three bases are loaded, thereby scoring four runs-the most ... Lazzeri, for example, proceeded to hit a third home run in the game and finished with a total of eleven runs batted in, an ...
"WRC Home". USNA Weapons, Robotics and Control Engineering. Retrieved 19 November 2019. "Systems & Control Engineering FAQ , ...
Defensive gun use
Kellermann, AL; Westphal, L; Fischer, L; Harvard, B (14 June 1995). "Weapon involvement in home invasion crimes". JAMA. 273 (22 ... The study found that "For every time a gun in the home was used in a self-defense or legally justifiable shooting, there were ... Also in 2000, Hemenway and his colleagues conducted a small survey that found that guns in the home were used more often to ... In 2002, he repeated the survey, and reported that brandishing a weapon was sufficient to stop an attack 95% of the time. Other ...
Air Combat Command
"Air Combat Command > Home". www.acc.af.mil. Archived from the original on 24 January 2007. "Air Combat Command". Archived from ... "United States Air Force Weapons School". Archived from the original on 7 December 2017. "57th Wing". Archived from the original ... Concurrently, all KC-10 tankers and all KC-135 tankers except those at Mountain Home AFB, Idaho, which supported the fighter ... Following its activation, ACC was responsible for aircraft-specific aircrew training, including initial weapon system and ...
Laser sight (firearms)
Guide on firearms licensing law (PDF). U.K. Home Office. 2016. "Case 236 - Ban on laser sights in rifle range". www.hse.gov.uk ... "Exclusive POLICE Survey: Weapon Lights, Optics, and Lasers". www.policemag.com. Retrieved 2021-01-21.. ... This a significant issue for long distance shooting; shorter range weapons such as handguns are less affected. Another related ... although have some civilian use for hunting and self defense They are also found on some less lethal weapons, such as Taser ...
The Unborn (1991 film)
Home Edition] Pecchia, David. Los Angeles Times 14 Oct 1990: 42. Cinefile: [Home Edition] Honeycutt, Kirk. Los Angeles Times 14 ... Romano, Andrew (17 April 2014). "How 'Transcendence' Director Wally Pfister Became Christopher Nolan's Secret Weapon". Daily ... Home Edition] Simpson, Blaise. Los Angeles Times28 June 1992: 40. The Unborn at IMDb Review at Los Angeles Times Review of film ...
Criticism of United States foreign policy
The U.S. is advocating that Iran and North Korea should not develop nuclear weapons, while the U.S., the only country to have ... David S. Broder (August 25, 2008). "A Candidate At Home In Scranton". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2009-12-22. Anthony H. ... American exceptionalism is sometimes linked with hypocrisy; for example, the U.S. keeps a huge stockpile of nuclear weapons ... and suggested a linkage between its foreign policy abroad and racism at home. In 1971, a Time Magazine essayist noted 375 major ...
The GIs of Comedy
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Sokol, Jenny (November 8, 2013). "Sokol: Veterans trade weapons for punch lines". The ... and guest starred on the Lifetime Television series Coming Home (2012). Carey, Elizabeth (October 29, 2013). " ... "WNY native brings Hollywood home". Buffalo Business First. Retrieved December 31, 2013. ...
Their weapons were home-made and improvised. Bojler Bomba are now on display at a number of museums in Croatia including the ... As such, Assad has denied the use of these weapons, saying "We have bombs, missiles and bullets. There [are] no barrel bombs, ... Barrel bombs have been used extensively by the Syrian Air Force during the Syrian Civil War-bringing the weapon to widespread ... The Syrian military thus soon ran out of precision weapons, had trouble obtaining more and needed a cheap and readily available ...
Naomi: the Tsubaki Mk-I, an improved version of the Blood Berry, the Mk-II, a powerful five-beam weapon, and the Mk-III, ... Fletcher, JC (2007-08-29). "Travis Touchdown has a comfortable home life". Joystiq. Retrieved 2007-09-21. Lowe, Scott (2008-10- ... 09). "Weapons Locker: The Beam Katana". IGN. Retrieved 2009-09-18. "PAX 09: Gameplay Upgrades Featurette". GameTrailers. 2009- ...
Overview of gun laws by nation
Weapons may voluntarily be kept in the local armory and there is no longer an obligation to keep the weapon at home. The Swiss ... "Weapons and weapon's permits". eesti.ee (in Estonian). Retrieved 29 January 2015. "Defence League wants more guns in homes". 4 ... fully automatic weapons and armour-piercing weapons; "restricted weapons" includes weapons disguised as other objects, firearms ... Explosive weapons and ammunitions, fully automatic weapons, weapons camouflaged in the shape of another object, armor-piercing ...
Commander Operations (Royal Navy)
c-in-c home fleet, far east fleet. mediterranean fleet, western fleet. *Flag Officer Second-in-Command Far East Fleet *Chief of ... Weapons Department (Naval). *Director-General Weapons (Naval) *Director Weapons Coordination and Acceptance (Naval) ...
United States Merchant Marine Academy
The USMMA in Kings Point, New York is the home of the American Merchant Marine Museum. The museum houses: *A learning ...
... 's government held its early meetings in the Silver Pagoda, which later served as Pol Pot's home ... He stressed to Lê Duẩn that while he wanted the Vietnamese to supply the Khmer Rouge with weapons, he did not want troops: the ... Once home, Sihanouk settled into his palace and was well treated. He was allowed to travel abroad, in October addressing ... Pol Pot also took Ponnary's old family home in the rue Docteur Hahn as a residence, and subsequently also took a villa in the ...
Wikipedia:In the news/Candidates/December 2006
If/when Barry Bonds breaks the career home run record, it will be on the front page of The New York Times. On the other hand, ... The fighters left ? The End of ICU rule in Mogadishu article says they gave up their weapons. --PFHLai 13:11, 28 December 2006 ... If the cricket record is as big in cricket countries as Bonds' home run record would be (or Mark McGwire's single-season record ...
In July 2019, an infected man travelled to Goma, home to more than two million people. One week later, on 17 July 2019, ... May 2002). "Hemorrhagic fever viruses as biological weapons: medical and public health management". Journal of the American ... Transmission risk reduction of filoviruses in home-care settings" (PDF). World Health Organization (WHO). Archived (PDF) from ... This Is How Ebola Patients Are Equipping Their Homes Archived 5 March 2015 at the Wayback Machine Time magazine, by Alexandra ...
Nevertheless, it could have been an effective weapon for defense against predators. Choppers and scrapers were likely used for ... Homo erectus may have been the first people to invent central campsites or home bases and incorporate them into their foraging ... attacking them with mêlée weapons such as thrusting spears rather than attacking them from a distance with projectile weapons.[ ... and the Neanderthals in particular may have likewise hunted with projectile weapons. Nonetheless, Neanderthal use of ...
Unisex public toilet
"What a surprise! Women avoid £40K GENDER NEUTRAL Home Office loos - as too distressing". Express.co.uk. Retrieved May 27, 2019 ... "How The Religious Right Learned To Use Bathrooms As A Weapon Against Justice". Think Progress. Retrieved October 24, 2016 ...
Collins-class submarine replacement project
a b c d e f g Nicholson & Wallace, Home-built submarines deemed too expensive, too risky ... Weapons capabilities. The 2009 Defence White Paper identified a land strike capability as an important addition to ... A September 2012 weapons technology swap deal and a July 2014 agreement on the sharing of defence technology were seen as ... preferred combat system and main weapon. The government also announced a three-way competition between ThyssenKrupp, the ...
I will continue from my home IP (220.127.116.11 or whatever my ISP will give) tonight. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 13:12, 6 October ... As for legality, they fought in uniform carrying their weapons openly, now that makes them combatants. --22.214.171.124 (talk) ...
Ancient Minoan private homes had running water. A bathtub virtually identical to modern ones was unearthed at the Palace of ... In physics, the discovery of nuclear fission has led to both nuclear weapons and nuclear power. Computers were also invented ... The steady progress of military technology has brought weapons of ever-increasing destructive power, from clubs to nuclear ... In 1937, the American sociologist Read Bain wrote that "technology includes all tools, machines, utensils, weapons, instruments ...
"User-Centered Design: A Case Study on Its Application to the Tactical Tomahawk Weapons Control System."Johns Hopkins APL ... Each user account on a multi-user system typically has a home directory, in which to store files pertaining exclusively to that ... The files stored in the home directory (and all other directories in the system) have file system permissions which are ...
Matador (Danish TV series)
Ulrik Varnæs comes home with a waitress named Maja, who it turns out he has made pregnant. His father refuses to give him money ... However, resistance man Poul is shot dead by the Germans following a weapons pick up that goes awry, causing Kristen Skjern and ... Mads comes home from a trip to USA bringing with him new business ideas. Calling on Daniel to help implement the ideas - ... Agnes comes home and finds a baby carriage in their hallway, bought and paid for by Herbert using his advance. ...
"Home". Archived from the original on 2010-12-27.. *^ Frank, Barney. "Congressman Barney Frank for Dennis Kucinich in Ohio's New ... "Bashar-al Assad tells Dennis Kucinich that jihadists used chemical weapons in Syria (video)". cleveland.com. Retrieved 2018-02- ... Kucinich's brother found dead in home, CNN, December 19, 2007 *^ McRae, Sarena (2008-11-11). "Beth Ann Kucinich, 48, musician, ... In his home state of Ohio, he received 9% in the primary. Kucinich campaigned heavily in Oregon, spending 30 days there during ...
These occur in physician offices, clinics, nursing homes, schools, home visits, and other places close to patients. About 90% ... type of weapon used to inflict trauma, reconstruction of the facial features using remains of deceased (skull) thus aiding ... Medications (Rx): what drugs the patient takes including prescribed, over-the-counter, and home remedies, as well as ...
In April 1763 Teedyuscung was killed when his home was burned. His son Captain Bull responded by attacking settlers from New ... weapons, or women, the Iroquois (probably having heard of European wars of conquest) began slash and burn campaigns, often ... of his sister's children than did the father-for example likely being the one responsible for educating a young man in weapons ... Long Journey Home ISBN 978-0-253-34968-2. Indiana University Press (2007). ...
The family spoke German at home. His brother H. Richard Niebuhr also became a famous theological ethicist, and his sister Hulda ... and the development of nuclear weapons. However, he opposed the Vietnam War. ...
Thomas reveals that their home planet's sun has started going supernova, leaving their home uninhabitable in less than a year. ... a scientist is extracting the weapon from a frozen body when he accidentally cuts himself and infects himself with the weapon. ... Home media. The complete series was released on DVD in region 1 on August 23, 2011, in region 2 on October 17, 2011[ ... The weapon is a strain of the Spanish flu. At the same time, Michael confronts Leila over the call made using the stolen cell ...
The Banda are a patrilineal ethnic group, who traditionally have lived in the Savannas north of the Congo, in dispersed home ... The arrival of European colonialists at the turn of the 20th century initially provided slave-raiding states with more weapons ... a situation further worsened when European colonialists gave weapons to the slave-raiding states. In the late 19th century ...
Barbados-United States relations
After outgrowing the available space on Broad Street, the embassy began searching for a new home. In 1997, the diplomatic ... From 1956 to 1978, the United States operated a chemical weapons trade in Barbados. ...
Senarai reka cipta pada zaman pertengahan Islam Bahasa Melayu, ensiklopedia bebas
a b Zayn Bilkadi (University of California, Berkeley), "The Oil Weapons", Dunia Saudi Aramco, January-February 1995, pp. 20-27 ... seperti otomata home appliances dan muzik ditenagakan oleh air (lihat pada satu dari karya-karyanya di The Automata of Al- ... pada weapons-grade purity untuk digunakan dalam gunpowder, sebagai potassium nitrate perlu untuk purified untuk digunakan ...
Control of the Mastomys rodent population is impractical, so measures focus on keeping rodents out of homes and food supplies, ... and disposing of garbage far from the home to help sustain clean households. Gloves, masks, laboratory coats, and goggles are ... Biological weapons. *Hemorrhagic fevers. *Rodent-carried diseases. *Tropical diseases. *Virus-related cutaneous conditions ...
Bengal famine of 1943
Bhattacharya, Sanjoy (September 2013). Propaganda and Information in Eastern India 1939-45: A Necessary Weapon of War. New York ... Eventually, families disintegrated; men sold their small farms and left home to look for work or to join the army, and women ... Military barracks were scattered around Calcutta. Perhaps a thousand homes, including entire villages, were requisitioned ... Finally, military buildup caused massive displacement of Bengalis from their homes. Farmland purchased for airstrip and camp ...
... and 15,000 refugees with 1,500 able bodied riflemen who were supplied with 300 rifles and 1,000 pistols and antique weapons. ...
The main weapon in all crocodiles is the bite, which can generate very high bite force. Many species also possess canine-like ...
During the conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh, many non-Yazidi Kurds were forced to leave their homes since both the Azeri and non- ... According to the Chief Prosecutor, Iraqi forces repeatedly used chemical weapons, killed up to 182,000 civilians, forcibly ... which is now home to the largest Kurdish community in the United States and is nicknamed Little Kurdistan. Kurdish ... which is home to very traditional mosques such as the Markazi. Since the beginning of the turmoil in Syria many of the refugees ...
Chemical weapons. *Cheminformatics. *Computational fluid dynamics. *Corrosion engineering. *Cost estimation. *Electrochemistry ...
Programmes for distribution of mosquito nets for use in homes are providing reductions in cases of both malaria and yellow ... Yellow fever has been researched by several countries as a potential biological weapon. ...
Field Museum of Natural History
"iDigBio Home". iDigBio.. *^ Suarez, AV; ND Tsutsui (2004). "The value of museum collections for research and society". ... A shark tooth weapon from the Gilbert Islands. See also. *. Chicago portal ...
412th Test Wing
The 412th Test Wing plans, conducts, analyzes, and reports on all flight and ground testing of aircraft, weapons systems, ... Mountain Home (ACC). *Nellis (ACC). *Pope (AMC) Seymour Johnson (ACC). *Shaw (ACC) ... While deployed, it performed tests on radar and weapons system accuracy. ... in addition to the 412th's requirement to maintain aircraft on five-minute alert armed with conventional weapons. Alert ...
Conversely, examining habitats in which a species is less successful can reveal novel weapons to defeat invasiveness. ... For example, to feel more "at home," American colonists formed "Acclimation Societies" that repeatedly imported birds that were ... Novel weapons and exotic invasion". Ecology Letters. 7 (4): 285-292. doi:10.1111/j.1461-0248.2004.00576.x.. ...
Radioactive Fallout from Global Weapons Testing: Home | CDC RSB
Feasibility Study of Weapons Testing Falloutplus icon *Radioactive Fallout from Global Weapons Testing ... Radiation from Nuclear Weapons Testingplus icon *Dose Reconstruction Activities and the Cold Warplus icon * ... The weapons tests were done before 1963 by the United States and other countries. CDC and NCI found that such a study could be ... The CDC/NCI work builds on a study completed earlier by NCI on health effects from atmospheric weapons testing done at the ...
Weapons, drugs found at home - Crime/911 - recordnet.com - Stockton, CA
Suspect attacks Chandler man, steals weapons from home - Arizona's Family
Suspect attacks Chandler man, steals weapons from home. Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2010 2:23 PM EST. Updated: Monday, March ... The suspect reportedly hit and kicked the man then stole several weapons and other items from the home.. The suspect fled on a ... HomeNewsWeatherGood Morning AZAll Sections. All content © Copyright 2000 - 2015 Frankly Media and . All Rights Reserved. For ... Police officers are searching for a suspect who assaulted a Chandler homeowner and stole several weapons Thursday morning.. ...
Police: 39 weapons found at accused vandal's home - *GJ FOSTERS NEWS - fosters.com - Dover, NH
Two Natural Self-Defense Weapons That You Should Not Leave Home Without | HubPages
There are two weapons that you should never leave home without. They are steel or hard-toe shoes and SAP gloves. In todays ... The other weapon that you should never leave home without is SAP gloves. (Note: Before you go out and buy them, make sure they ... There are two weapons that you should never leave home without. They are steel or hard-toe shoes and SAP gloves. ... Two Natural Self-Defense Weapons That You Should Not Leave Home Without. Updated on November 22, 2008 ...
Cops discover World War II-era weapons cache and drugs in raid of Brooklyn home - NY Daily News
Cops say they found drugs and weapons in the Gravesend, Brooklyn, home of Ricardo Rodriguez.. A Coney Island Mermaid Parade ... Cops discover World War II-era weapons cache and drugs in raid of Brooklyn home. ... Cops seized a trove of World War II-era weapons - many still ready to blow - and a stash of drugs when they raided a Brooklyn ... Parked outside the Rodriguez home was the "Tractor Pirates" float, which won first prize at last years Coney Island Mermaid ...
10 weight loss weapons to shed kilos quicker | Better Homes and Gardens
... weapons that will help you stay on track and get the job done. ... 10 weight loss weapons. Make the journey more fun with these ... Losing weight is hard work, dammit! You need a solid plan of action, lots of determination and a stash of secret weapons that ... Shes the annoying friend who will guilt you into that walk, run or Zumba class and shes a weight-loss weapon in disguise. ...
DNA sought from weapons cache found near Serb leader's home - AP News - Breaking News
DNA sought from weapons cache found near Serb leaders home - AP News: BELGRADE, Serbia (AP) - Serbias prime minister said ... DNA sought from weapons cache found near Serb leaders home. AP News ... Many people just dump the weapons that they kept in their homes, fearing reprisals if authorities discover them. ... He said that if no DNA samples are recovered, the weapons could be part of a hit job planned by professionals. ...
Woman who shot and killed two men in home invasion arrested on drug, weapons charges | Crime and courts | tucson.com
The woman who shot and killed two men police said were trying to break into her home in mid-October was arrested Monday on drug ... Woman who shot and killed two men in home invasion arrested on drug, weapons charges * Stephanie Casanova ... Woman who shot and killed two men in home invasion arrested on drug, weapons charges ... was arrested in early November on drugs and weapons charges after killing two men during an attempted home invasion in October ...
Topic awaiting preservation: Assualt weapons ban to expire... - OZONE Asylum, home of the Mad Scientists
Weapons of destruction. Not weapons of sport, no general utilities or tools. Devices specifically made for the destruction of ... Why should someone have the right to own weapons like that? Should they have the right to own nuclear weapons? ... Assault weapons ban to expire Monday. Im wondering what people think of the expiration of the ban.. The biggest problem, IMO, ... I dont see where these weapons are a Constitutional right. The Constitution says: A well regulated militia, being necessary to ...
Sentencing This Week in Weapons Seizure at Booby-Trapped Home « CBS Connecticut
Filed Under:explosives, weapons, Zaleski. NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) _ A man faces sentencing for illegally possessing automatic ... Prosecutors say he should get nine to 11 years in prison for one of the largest seizures of illegal weapons and paraphernalia ... guilty last year of 15 counts of illegally possessing automatic machine guns and 12 counts of possessing unregistered weapons. ...
Why Home Equity is Your Strongest Weapon Against the Economy
You own a home, is now the right time to cash in on that good decision making? Explore the pros and cons of a reverse mortgage ... Why Home Equity is Your Strongest Weapon Against the Economy. Americans over the age of 60 hold 52% of all home equity in the ... You can use your home equity by downsizing into a less expensive home or, if you wish to stay in your home as you age and are ... Why Home Equity is Your Strongest Weapon Against the Economy. November 14, 2016. byEditorial Team ...
John Adams and Scott Paul: Make high-tech U.S. weapons at home - Opinion - providencejournal.com - Providence, RI
John Adams and Scott Paul: Make high-tech U.S. weapons at home. Thursday. Jun 13, 2013 at 7:48 AM ... But weapons that can t be built can t be fired. We must address the vulnerabilities in our military supply chain and fill in ... Without meaning to, we ve allowed our nation s defense industrial base the private companies that make all of our weapons, ... one of our military s most widely used and effective weapons. As for night-vision goggles, the U.S. is almost completely ...
Latin, the Secret Weapon of Successful Students - MACHE - Minnesota Association of Christian Home Educators
Safety Measures Around the Home
Guns and other weapons. Gun and firearm safety measures should be established for all households and especially those where ... Homes built before 1978 may still have lead paint on walls and other surfaces. For more information about lead, see the topic ... You can help protect your child from accidents and injuries by taking general safety measures around your home. Think ahead ... Prevent burn injuries to your child by identifying dangers in your home and removing them or blocking your childs access to ...
Birdy - Find Me (Live - At Home) Music Video
Care home owner sentenced for death of dementia patient - Washington Times
Police: 4 arrested after cocaine, guns found inside home - Washington Times
Lancer Lift & Plump Sheet Mask with Vegan Stem Cell Complex x4 | The best sheet masks for an at-home facial, from £6 - Beauty
Power outages hit 45,000 homes in Sydney as temperatures soar
Power outages hit around 45,000 homes across Sydneys upmarket eastern suburbs on Thursday as a forecast 40 degrees Celsius ( ... Lyra McKee: Police release first images of stocky suspect armed with murder weapon ... Power was lost to homes and businesses in suburbs from beachfront Bondi to the well-heeled areas of Double Bay and Woollahra. ... Power outages hit around 45,000 homes across Sydneys upmarket eastern suburbs on Thursday as a forecast 40 degrees Celsius ( ...
Firearms found in home after domestic dispute | Northern Star
A MAN will face court today charged with firearm and drug offences following an alleged domestic violence incident at a home at ... Mower used as weapon in neighbourhood fight. *24th Feb 2018 2:27 PM ... A MAN will face court today charged with firearm and drug offences following an alleged domestic violence incident at a home at ... About 10am on Monday (19 December 2016), officers from Tweed/Byron Local Area Command attended a home at Lennon Circuit after ...
Flamethrowers, weapons recovered from charred remains of Florida death metal guitarist's home
... and ammunition were recovered from the burning home of the lead guitarist for death metal band Cannibal Corpse Monday night, ... Flamethrowers, weapons recovered from charred remains of Florida death metal guitarists home. Published December 11, 2018. ... FOX 13) - Flamethrowers, numerous weapons, and ammunition were recovered from the burning home of the lead guitarist for death ... As his home burned, deputies say 53-year-old Pat OBrien broke into his neighbor's home, where he allegedly assaulted a ...
Cops: Suspects nabbed after struggle with homeowner during attempted home-invasion - Philly
Two men who attempted to force their way into a home in Port Richmond late Thursday afternoon were arrested after a struggle ... Walmarts latest Amazon weapon: A 16-foot tower to distribute online orders ... Cops: Suspects nabbed after struggle with homeowner during attempted home-invasion Updated: April 19, 2012 - 5:59 PM EDT * ... Two men who attempted to force their way into a home in Port Richmond late Thursday afternoon were arrested after a struggle ...
11-year-old who took mom's SUV confined to home - Sun Sentinel
SUV and leading six police agencies on a 13-mile chase before crashing into a car and rolling the SUV over was ordered to home ... Two students arrested at Stoneman Douglas on weapons charges; deputy suspended for sleeping. ... Judge orders home confinement for 11-year-old girl who led cops on 13-mile chase before rollover crash. ... After about 10 minutes, the mother realized her daughter and the Kia were missing from their home near Taft Street and ...
Salvation Army Nursing Home Must Allow Assisted Suicide | National Review
Among conservatives, there is the broad belief that the right to own a weapon for self-defense is every bit as inherent and ... Salvation Army Nursing Home Must Allow Assisted Suicide By Wesley J. Smith * About Wesley J. Smith ... A nursing home in the canton of Neuchatel, which belongs to the Salvation Army, must respect patients wishes and allow ... The home and the Salvation Army had contested a cantonal law that allows assisted suicide in charitable institutions, if a ...
Army conducts flag march in Indian PM's home state after 7 killed in violence | Asia Times
Myanmar is third on the list of total victims over the last decade and one of only two governments to use the weapon anew in ... Army conducts flag march in Indian PMs home state after 7 killed in violence. August 26, 2015 2:47 AM (UTC+8) *Share ... "The Home Ministry is in constant touch with the Gujarat government and additional forces have been rushed as requested by the ... Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh spoke to Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel in the morning and assured her of full ...
Federal Register :: Joint Advisory Committee on Nuclear Weapons Surety; Meeting
Federal Register :: Joint Advisory Committee on Nuclear Weapons Survey
"It's heartbreaking," Oklahoma family loses home to early morning fire | KFOR...
... but crews believe the fire started in the center of the home. ... A family is left without a place to sleep after their home ... Metro man arrested after threatening emergency crews with weapon. * News. Fire officials warn homeowners about space heater ... "Its heartbreaking," Oklahoma family loses home to early morning fire. Posted 4:00 pm, April 16, 2015, by Ashley Kringen, ... "I didnt think I was going to make it out," Fire nearly destroys sober group home in Del City. ...
Early fast-food joints made North Washington Street home | Alexandria Times | Alexandria, VA
Ammunition2019California20172016Centers2020SearchOfficialsSelf-defenseFoundType of weaponNEWSHomeownerNuclear weaponTrumpDeputiesRemedies10,000Attempted home invasionAuthoritiesFirearmsMakePoliceCrewsExportsSecretCopsSpokeSuspectInvestigatorsSanctionsMarijuanaMass destructionDementiaHealthcareNursingConstructShoeWidespreadCoronavirusDefend yourselfIntentAged careObamaDomestic violenceBlazeRetirementFireOfficerIranThreatsDozensCloserHeavilyMetroDrug
- NORTHDALE, Fla. (FOX 13) - Flamethrowers, numerous weapons, and ammunition were recovered from the burning home of the lead guitarist for death metal band Cannibal Corpse Monday night, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office. (fox13news.com)
- Meanwhile, inside O'Brien's home, ammunition began to explode under the heat of the raging fire. (fox13news.com)
- When officers searched the home they seized a loaded handgun, methyl amphetamine and cannabis, while they seized an SKS semi-automatic assault rifle, ammunition and military ordinance from a shed. (northernstar.com.au)
- LYON, France - An INTERPOL-led operation targeting illicit firearms in the Western Balkans has resulted in the arrest of 14 people and the seizure of explosives, weapons and ammunition.Nearly 40 firearms, six kg of explosives, 11 hand grenades and 1,300 pieces of ammunition were recovered during the 48-hour Operation Balkan Trigger during which some 5,000. (interpol.int)
- BEIJING (AP) - A FedEx pilot who was detained in southern China is under investigation on suspicion of "smuggling weapons and ammunition" after air gun pellets were found in his baggage, a foreign ministry spokesman said Friday. (yahoo.com)
- The pilot was questioned and released on bail on "suspicion of smuggling weapons and ammunition," Geng said at a regular news briefing. (yahoo.com)
- The major components of Obama's plan - background checks, the assault weapons ban, the limit on ammunition magazines - were quashed by the Senate. (journalgazette.net)
- Separate ammunition from the weapons. (medlineplus.gov)
- Italy, the top arms exporter to Turkey last year, also joined a ban on selling weapons and ammunition to Ankara after a weekend decision by France and Germany to suspend sales, and Spain signalled it was ready to do so. (yahoo.com)
- This wealth manager picked a home-run stock in 2019. (yahoo.com)
- Dozens of firearms found in the home of a Los Angeles police officer accused of having sex with a teenage cadet are illegal to own in California, three law enforcement sources said Monday. (ktla.com)
- On Monday, three sources confirmed that at least 35 of the weapons had been illegally modified and are not legal to own under California law. (ktla.com)
- Written and demoed at the Morning View Mansion in Malibu, California during 2005, Coming Home is lyrically themed around being away from home and loved ones. (wikipedia.org)
- The quintet decided to take on a new approach for the writing process of Coming Home, rather than the usual "tour bus and dressing room jams", they moved into a house together in Malibu, California called the Morning View Mansion to write and demo new material. (wikipedia.org)
- Investigators are seen handling firearms outside the Rancho Cucamonga home of Robert Cain on June 22, 2017. (ktla.com)
- An ambulance carrying the bodies of those killed in the fire exits the Virgen de Asuncion home, in San Jose Pinula, on the outskirts of Guatemala City, Guatemala, March 8, 2017. (voanews.com)
- About 10am on Monday (19 December 2016), officers from Tweed/Byron Local Area Command attended a home at Lennon Circuit after reports of a domestic violence incident, but a man is alleged to have already left the scene. (northernstar.com.au)
- Acting on information received, officers attended a home on Urliup Road at Carool, about 15km south-west of Tweed Heads, shortly before 12.30pm yesterday (Thursday 29 December 2016) and about 3.50pm a 42-year-old man surrendered to police and was arrested. (northernstar.com.au)
- In early 2016, the facility became aware of financial irregularities involving a previous nursing home administrator, Tina Lea Person, who had departed in October 2015. (kfor.com)
- This Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) web site provides information about radioactive fallout from nuclear weapons tests conducted in the atmosphere around the world (global weapons testing) during the 1940s and 1950s. (cdc.gov)
- However, many healthcare workers who work in these assisted living centers are now challenging this narrative, that these deaths are due to "natural illnesses" among the elderly that have nothing to do with the shots, including a whistleblower who is a Certified Nursing Assistant and went public with what he was seeing in his nursing home. (globalresearch.ca)
- The thriller, which centers on a home invasion, triggered Cage to recall his own experience with an intruder. (go.com)
- Euro 2020 is not an official 'home' tournament for England - but with group games at Wembley and the semi-finals and finals also held at the stadium, it is the nearest equivalent since the Euro '96. (bbc.co.uk)
- No-one at the Football Association will ever use the term 'home' tournament in relation to 2020 as it wishes to host its own event further down the line, but the cards could not have fallen better for England. (bbc.co.uk)
- This will be England's biggest weapon at Euro 2020. (bbc.co.uk)
- NEWMARKET - A search warrant executed at a Durrell Drive residence Tuesday resulted in a local felon being charged with possessing 39 weapons. (fosters.com)
- Detectives collected guns, drugs and several items of "evidentiary value" during the initial search of the home, police said. (tucson.com)
- According to AL.com (https://bit.ly/2bf9QZ5 ), authorities say 43-year-old Tyrone Dansby, 46-year-old Michael Williams, 37-year-old Latobian Dansby and 27-year-old David Bason were taken into custody after the Mobile Police Department Narcotics and Vice Unit executed a search warrant on a home on Todd Acres Drive on Friday. (washingtontimes.com)
- The woman who shot and killed two men police said were trying to break into her home in mid-October was arrested Monday on drug and weapons charges, officials said. (tucson.com)
- U.S. officials have warned Assad there would be unspecified "consequences" if he used his chemical weapons or lost control of them. (nwherald.com)
- Even more disturbing: In many cases, nursing homes and the government officials who oversee them are doing little -- or nothing -- to stop it. (cnn.com)
- The hypocrisy over Iran's nuclear energy program continues today after IAEA officials were refused access to a military base in Parchin, where the West and Israel claim Iran is secretly pursuing nuclear weapons. (activistpost.com)
- In a real sense, they are the ultimate self-defense weapon. (hubpages.com)
- Note: Before you go out and buy them, make sure they are legal to wear as a self-defense weapon in your state. (hubpages.com)
- The type of bullet might matter (for instance, hollow points used in handguns tend to be deadlier but also are more effective for lawful self-defense, since they tend to stop the attacker more reliably), but that too isn't a function of whether the gun is an "assault weapon. (reason.com)
- Cops say they found drugs and weapons in the Gravesend, Brooklyn, home of Ricardo Rodriguez. (nydailynews.com)
- WARNING: If you are found here tonight you will be found here tomorrow," reads a sign with two revolvers affixed in the window of the heavily surveilled home. (nydailynews.com)
- BELGRADE, Serbia (AP) - Serbia's prime minister said Sunday an investigation will determine whether a large cache of weapons found near his family house outside Belgrade was linked to a possible plan to attack him. (townhall.com)
- Corey Teixeira, 18, and Ali Mohamed, 18, were found in the backyard of the home in the 4600 block of East Duncan Street, near North Swan Road and East Grant Road. (tucson.com)
- Court records show a shotgun, two revolvers, suspected psilocybin mushrooms and LSD sheets were found inside the home. (tucson.com)
- The 47-year-old Zaleski was found guilty last year of 15 counts of illegally possessing automatic machine guns and 12 counts of possessing unregistered weapons. (cbslocal.com)
- THEODORE, Ala. (AP) - Four men have been arrested after $151,000 worth of cocaine, marijuana, multiple weapons and other drug related items were found in a Theodore home. (washingtontimes.com)
- PLACERVILLE -- The El Dorado County Sheriff's Office is searching for a suspect after a woman was found stabbed to death and a child was found with multiple stab wounds in a Placerville home. (fox40.com)
- We have had a weapon dog there but haven't found anything yet," control room officer Calle Persson told Sydsvenskan . (thelocal.se)
- Coming Home is the fifth studio album by American rock band New Found Glory. (wikipedia.org)
Type of weapon2
- News confirmed by The Associated Press this week that an unknown number of weapons in Syria were recently loaded with the nerve agent sarin brought the West's fears into sharp relief. (nwherald.com)
- When News 4 spoke with Pearson at her Drumright home Tuesday afternoon, she declined comment and deferred to her attorney. (kfor.com)
- Security personnel caught hold of the journalist, identified as Jarnail Singh, and took him into custody after the incident, which happened as Home Minister P. Chidambaram held a news conference in New Delhi. (cnn.com)
- At a news conference with the president, Mark Barden, who lost his 7-year-old son, Daniel, in the Newtown shooting, said the families would return home "disappointed but not defeated. (journalgazette.net)
- We've been led by the nose to believe that this container is important, when in fact it's not important at all," the ex-chief weapons inspector in Iraq told the Real News Network [ 7 ]. (activistpost.com)
- CHANDLER, Ariz. -- Police officers are searching for a suspect who assaulted a Chandler homeowner and stole several weapons Thursday morning. (azfamily.com)
- If you are a homeowner, consider ways to use your home equity for retirement expenses. (newretirement.com)
- Two men who attempted to force their way into a home in Port Richmond late Thursday afternoon were arrested after a struggle with the homeowner, cops said, and a police officer was taken to be checked out at the hospital after he came into contact with blood from one of the suspects. (philly.com)
- Smart home or not, any homeowner who experiences an internet outage knows what an irritating inconvenience it can be to be abruptly jolted back into the dark ages. (control4.com)
- And now, a secret nuclear weapon. (pahomepage.com)
- It cannot be ruled out that the U.S. is developing a new nuclear weapon in complete secrecy. (pahomepage.com)
- It's also possible that Trump had a non-nuclear weapon in mind when he spoke, although he used the word "nuclear. (pahomepage.com)
- According to the media, aerial photos show an evil bus-sized steel container [ 4 ], that they say may or may not have been there the whole time, and that may or may not be capable or playing a role in testing material related to a nuclear weapon. (activistpost.com)
- If there was evidence of trucks shipping in uranium (which there isn't) it would only be enriched to 20% as documented by the IAEA, which is some 70% short of the grade needed to develop a nuclear weapon. (activistpost.com)
- I have built a nuclear, a weapon, I have built a weapon system that nobody's ever had in this country before," Trump said in an interview with journalist Bob Woodward for his book published this week. (pahomepage.com)
- Acton says Trump may well have been making a garbled reference to some other weapon. (pahomepage.com)
- As his home burned, deputies say 53-year-old Pat O'Brien broke into his neighbor's home, where he allegedly assaulted a resident and then fled into the backyard. (fox13news.com)
- Deputies responded to a home on Newtown Road near Barragan Road in Placerville on reports of a stabbing about 5:15 p.m. Tuesday. (fox40.com)
- There are tons of other wholesome home remedies for yeast infection offered in this article, so carry on reading through! (bloguetechno.com)
- Aid in understanding that many of the home remedies I already have in my pantry. (bloguetechno.com)
- Which i can be capable of take care of yeast infection using home remedies, and if it will not do the job I should check with a professional medical practitioner. (bloguetechno.com)
- Home remedies for yeast infection are very popular Though many of them are problematic, utilized improperly and in a great deal of conditions do more harm than excellent. (bloguetechno.com)
- Ausgrid, which provides power to more than over 1.7 million customers down the east coast, later said power had been restored to 10,000 homes around Double Bay. (telegraph.co.uk)
- In comparison, Teel said, an assisted-living facility or nursing home can cost $5,000 to $10,000 per month. (centralmaine.com)
Attempted home invasion2
- Many people just dump the weapons that they kept in their homes, fearing reprisals if authorities discover them. (townhall.com)
- Health authorities moved every resident out of St Basil's aged care home and into hospital yesterday. (abc.net.au)
- Guatemalan prosecutors will seek to have President Jimmy Morales' immunity of office lifted in order to investigate him in connection with a children's home fire that killed 41 girls, authorities said Monday. (voanews.com)
- Investigators seized more than 100 firearms, including "assault rifles" and inert grenades, when they searched Officer Robert Cain's Rancho Cucamonga home last week, hours after he was arrested in connection with the sex crime, sources with knowledge of the investigation have said. (ktla.com)
- Without meaning to, we ve allowed our nation s defense industrial base the private companies that make all of our weapons, vehicles and essential military hardware to weaken in lockstep with the wider manufacturing sector. (providencejournal.com)
- In a recent article in The Atlantic , LSE philosopher of science Bryan W. Roberts argues that humans are what make AI weapons so scary. (lse.ac.uk)
- With personal experience with both a child who has autism and what home automation is capable of, Mark engineered his house to make everyday life with three and-a-half-year-old Brody a little easier. (control4.com)
- When you're setting up a heavybag at home, make sure you mount it on a sturdy beam or it might fall out. (hubpages.com)
- Many clandestinely make their dockside homes on creaky vessels and duck residency fees. (latimes.com)
- If things get so bad that we have to defend ourselves and our homes make sure you have arms and ammo and that all in that house know how to use them. (offthegridnews.com)
- It is important to make sure the homes of people who have dementia are safe for them. (medlineplus.gov)
- Cops seized a trove of World War II-era weapons - many still ready to blow - and a stash of drugs when they raided a Brooklyn home, police said Thursday. (nydailynews.com)
- An 11-year-old girl who is accused of driving her mother's SUV and leading multiple police agencies on a 13-mile chase before a rollover crash was ordered to home confinement after appearing in court Tuesday. (sun-sentinel.com)
- The McCloskeys said they came outside after hearing commotion caused by hundreds of protesters who were marching past their home to speak out against police brutality against black people. (yahoo.com)
- By the time crews got to the home, flames were shooting through the roof. (fox13news.com)
- CHINA, Texas (AP) - The slow-churning remnants of Tropical Storm Imelda flooded parts of Texas on Thursday, leaving at least two people dead and rescue crews with boats scrambling to reach stranded drivers and families trapped in their homes during a relentless downpour that drew comparisons to Hurricane Harvey two years ago. (counton2.com)
- Oct 14 (Reuters) - The United Kingdom is reviewing all weapons exports licences to Turkey as it faces mounting pressure over its military offensive in northern Syria, the Financial Times reported on Monday. (yahoo.com)
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh spoke to Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel in the morning and assured her of full central help to tackle the situation. (atimes.com)
- Joe Favazzo, a suspect confronted a 72-year-old man at a home near McQueen and Ray roads. (azfamily.com)
- The suspect reportedly hit and kicked the man then stole several weapons and other items from the home. (azfamily.com)
- If you choose the shoe right, no one will ever suspect that you are carrying a concealed weapon. (hubpages.com)
- Aleynikov has told investigators that Goldman knew he had worked on the relevant code from home previously without complaint, and that he had no intent to steal. (blogspot.com)
- The U.S. government claims that sanctions are necessary because the Iraqi regime might develop weapons of mass destruction, which it might use against its neighbors. (thirdworldtraveler.com)
- So the United States (no other country on the UN Security Council, except for the United Kingdom, continues to support the present sanctions) deploys actual weapons of mass destruction - epidemic disease and hunger on a massive scale. (thirdworldtraveler.com)
- Rodriguez, who wore a T-shirt that said "American Icon" on the back was arraigned in Brooklyn Criminal Court, charged with possession of weapons, drugs, marijuana and fireworks. (nydailynews.com)
- James Quinlivan, a Rand Corp. analyst who studies the elimination of weapons of mass destruction, said Syria is thought to have hundreds of tons of chemical weapons material, including not only sarin and mustard gas but possibly also the nerve agent VX, which, like sarin, kills by attacking the central nervous system. (nwherald.com)
- Do not leave a person who has advanced dementia alone at home. (medlineplus.gov)
- The deaths occurred at Pemberley House Care Home in Basingstoke, operated by private firm Avery Healthcare. (globalresearch.ca)
- As ambulances arrived at Kirkbrae nursing home in Melbourne's outer east to evacuate residents this week, staff at the home asked the drivers a question: where, exactly, were they taking them? (abc.net.au)
- Three residents died, including one who passed away at the nursing home, but the evacuations have now stopped, and the cluster is deemed under control, despite 87 people being infected. (abc.net.au)
- A nursing home in the canton of Neuchatel, which belongs to the Salvation Army, must respect patients' wishes and allow assisted suicide on the premises, following an order by the Federal Court. (nationalreview.com)
- The gadgets and visits from White and other volunteers are services offered by Full Circle America, a Damariscotta-based company that aims to help elderly people continue to live in their own homes, rather than move into a nursing home or assisted-living home. (centralmaine.com)
- They) would wag their fingers in my face and said, 'Don't you ever put me in a nursing home,'" he said. (centralmaine.com)
- Recognizing the coming 'silver tsunami' of graying baby boomers, tech companies are racing to help aging Americans spend more time living independently instead of in nursing homes. (blogspot.com)
- DRUMRIGHT, Okla. - A former nursing home administrator was charged with financial exploitation after she allegedly diverted nearly a quarter of a million dollars from elderly residents to support her gambling habit. (kfor.com)
- Pearson is accused of withdrawing more than $217,750 in cash from at least 33 Drumright Nursing Home resident's accounts between January 2012 and October 2015. (kfor.com)
- Pearson, who had worked for the nursing home off and on for roughly 27 years, worked as the administrator from 2005 to October 2015. (kfor.com)
- Fund sources -- including payments from residents, their families, retirement funds, social security, pensions and state tax dollars -- are to be placed into each resident's trust account, and payments for the resident's care to be paid from the Resident Trust Account (RTA) to the nursing home via check. (kfor.com)
- Nursing homes, essentially, aggregate everybody's money in a common account, and there are ledgers that are kept for each individual resident," Hunter said. (kfor.com)
- When the new nursing home administrator assumed responsibilities there, she discovered evidence there had been embezzlement. (kfor.com)
- According to an arrest warrant, Pearson withdrew funds, wrote checks to herself, checks to cash, and converted the money for personal use, and none of the amounts matched with residents' required nursing home payments. (kfor.com)
- In what is becoming almost a daily report of massive nursing home deaths following injections of experimental mRNA COVID shots, a nursing home in the U.K. is reporting over one third of their residents have died after receiving the mRNA experimental COVID injections. (globalresearch.ca)
- They come to nursing homes to be cared for. (cnn.com)
- Three nursing homes. (cnn.com)
- In other instances, nursing home employees and administrators are hamstrung in their efforts to protect victims who can't remember exactly what happened to them or even identify their perpetrators. (cnn.com)
- Nursing homes were slow to investigate and report allegations because of a reluctance to believe the accusations -- or a desire to hide them. (cnn.com)
- Mainly because cigarette smoking generates these significant quantities of pollutants, organic or mechanical air flow tactics do not take out them from your air within your home as rapidly because they Construct up. (blogocial.com)
- The Home Depot can Construct and install a personalized shed towards your liking making use of a variety of different materials. (tinyblogging.com)
- Gone are the days, it seems, of the "shoe box" modular home. (control4.com)
- NEW DELHI, India (CNN) -- A journalist hurled a shoe at the Indian home minister, apparently in anger over his Congress party fielding a leader who had been accused of leading anti-Sikh riots in New Delhi in the aftermath of the assassination of Indira Gandhi in 1984. (cnn.com)
- Whilst numerous air conditioning repairs demand knowledgeable, homeowners can find out how to troubleshoot and correct some widespread home A/C problems themselves. (blogocial.com)
- Even as home-flipping activity has generally declined in the past year, it continues to be quite widespread in parts of the country. (yahoo.com)
- Although Teel said there's widespread interest in the method, it hasn't quite been accepted as the solution to elderly home care by Southern Maine Agency on Aging, which also aids elderly people who live in their own homes. (centralmaine.com)
- At least twenty-two people have died at a Hampshire care home ( Daily Mail is reporting 24 deaths ) in one of the worst known outbreaks of the coronavirus pandemic to date. (globalresearch.ca)
- You never know when you'll need to defend yourself at home. (offthegridnews.com)
- One administration official, speaking on condition of anonymity because the official was not authorized to talk publicly, defined what would trigger a response: the use of chemical weapons, or movement with the intent to use them, or word that they were falling into the hands of a group like Hezbollah, that the U.S. considers a terrorist group. (nwherald.com)
- We're not worried about who runs aged care,' he said, in reference to recent discussion over public and private homes. (abc.net.au)
- It is, however, the first major addition to the strategic nuclear force in recent decades and is a departure from the Obama administration's policy of lessening dependence on nuclear weapons in pursuit of a nuclear-free world. (pahomepage.com)
- A MAN will face court today charged with firearm and drug offences following an alleged domestic violence incident at a home at Pottsville. (northernstar.com.au)
- The girls were apparently locked inside a room after a previous escape attempt when the blaze broke out at the state-run home for troubled youth. (voanews.com)
- But the nurses at her retirement home knew better: Motion sensors in the 86-year-old's bed detected too many restless nights. (blogspot.com)
- Jeffrey White, a defense expert at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, said that in addition to air-delivered weapons, the Syrian military can put chemical warheads on missiles like the Soviet-designed Scud, as well as artillery shells and short-range rockets and fire them into populated areas. (nwherald.com)
- AP) A man who opened fire outside a Kansas City nightclub, killing a woman and injuring at least 15 other people before a guard killed him, had a past weapons charge dropped after lawmakers loosened the state's gun laws. (ktrs.com)
- and again assault weapons aren't defined by rate of fire. (reason.com)
- Officer accidentally discharges weapon at George W. (alextimes.com)
- Although it's difficult for many in the West to get their heads around due to years of sensational headlines, the very concept of Iran building nuclear weapons is unfounded speculation, compounded by wild accusations and window-dressed intelligence by biased nations with ulterior motives. (activistpost.com)
- Although Iran says the the container is simply a toilet block [ 6 ], if we go along with the talking heads and assume it is some kind of testing tank, the IAEA report admits that it's not direct evidence of a nuclear weapons program, and it may just be used for regular high explosives testing - the kind the complex has been conducting since 1997. (activistpost.com)
- This right, however, must be balanced with the Second Amendment and Missouri law, which entitle each of us to protect our home and family from potential threats. (yahoo.com)
- Dozens of militia fighters in the Democratic Republic of Congo have laid down their weapons and surrendered, the first to do so since President Felix Tshisekedi announced martial law to tackle worsening security in two eastern provinces. (yahoo.com)
- Artificial Intelligence weapons turn out to be closer than many realise. (lse.ac.uk)
- OCEANA are fishing closer to home on this occasion, hoping to catch governments and those who wish to destroy our precious, and decreasing stocks of habitats , fish and even sea grass, mud and bivalves. (earthtimes.org)
- Fully automatic weapons have long been heavily regulated, and lawfully owned fully automatics are very rare, very expensive and almost never used in crimes. (reason.com)
- Indeed, many of the most popular counties for home flipping were located in metro areas where flips still accounted for a large percentage of sales. (yahoo.com)
- In the New York, Jacksonville, and Omaha metro areas, home flips accounted for more than 10% of all sales -- among the higher percentages in the nation. (yahoo.com)
- Quarterly figures on home flips by metro area are also from RealtyTrac. (yahoo.com)
- Charges against her included drug and weapon possession. (nydailynews.com)