Persian Gulf Syndrome
Unexplained symptoms reported by veterans of the Persian Gulf War with Iraq in 1991. The symptoms reported include fatigue, skin rash, muscle and joint pain, headaches, loss of memory, shortness of breath, gastrointestinal and respiratory symptoms, and extreme sensitivity to commonly occurring chemicals. (Nature 1994 May 5;369(6475):8)
Prince Edward Island
An island in the Gulf of St. Lawrence constituting a province of Canada in the eastern part of the country. It is very irregular in shape with many deep inlets. Its capital is Charlottetown. Discovered by the French in 1534 and originally named Ile Saint-Jean, it was renamed in 1799 in honor of Prince Edward, fourth son of George III and future father of Queen Victoria. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p981 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p433)
An international organization whose members include most of the sovereign nations of the world with headquarters in New York City. The primary objectives of the organization are to maintain peace and security and to achieve international cooperation in solving international economic, social, cultural, or humanitarian problems.
World War II
Heart sounds caused by vibrations resulting from the flow of blood through the heart. Heart murmurs can be examined by HEART AUSCULTATION, and analyzed by their intensity (6 grades), duration, timing (systolic, diastolic, or continuous), location, transmission, and quality (musical, vibratory, blowing, etc).
Rape in war: the humanitarian response. (1/29)Women and children are vulnerable to sexual violence in times of conflict, and the risk persists even after they have escaped the conflict area. The impact of rape goes far beyond the immediate effects of the physical attack and has long-lasting consequences. We describe the humanitarian community's response to sexual violence and rape in times of war and civil unrest by drawing on the experiences of Medecins Sans Frontieres/Doctors Without Borders and other humanitarian agencies. Health care workers must have a keen awareness of the problem and be prepared to respond appropriately. This requires a comprehensive intervention protocol, including antibiotic prophylaxis, emergency contraception, referral for psychological support, and proper documentation and reporting procedures. Preventing widespread sexual violence requires increasing the security in refugee camps. It also requires speaking out and holding states accountable when violations of international law occur. The challenge is to remain alert to these often hidden, but extremely destructive, crimes in the midst of a chaotic emergency relief setting. (+info)
Mass identification of persons missing from the break-up of the former Yugoslavia: structure, function, and role of the International Commission on Missing Persons. (2/29)The staff of the International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) is attempting to undertake the largest mass human identification effort in history. Through the generosity of numerous governmental and private corporations the ICMP has established or is currently establishing a strong network of political allies, family outreach centers, and DNA laboratories throughout the former Yugoslavia. Furthermore, the ICMP is currently working to streamline current technology as well as employ new technology in its efforts to assist in identifying missing individuals. ICMP will continue to act as a link between the family associations in the region and will synchronize the work of the DNA identification process in the countries affected by the war in the regions of the former Yugoslavia. In the longer term, ICMP seeks to contribute to the closure of the missing persons issue, to raise awareness of the human dimension of the missing persons tragedy, and to preserve a shared and common memory of the missing in the former Yugoslavia. (+info)
Epidemiology of violent deaths in the world. (3/29)OBJECTIVE: This study describes epidemiologic patterns of mortality due to suicide, homicide, and war for the world in order to serve as a benchmark against which to measure future progress and to raise awareness about violence as a global public health problem. SETTING: The world and its eight major regions. METHOD: Data were derived from The Global Burden of Disease series and the US National Center for Health Statistics to estimate crude rates, age adjusted rates, sex rate ratios, and the health burden for suicide, homicide, and war related deaths for the world and its eight major regions in 1990. RESULTS: In 1990, an estimated 1,851,000 people died from violence (35.3 per 100,000) in the world. There were an estimated 786,000 suicides. Overall suicide rates ranged from 3.4 per 100,000 in Sub-Saharan Africa to 30.4 per 100,000 in China. There were an estimated 563,000 homicides. Overall homicide rates ranged from 1.0 per 100,000 in established market economies to 44.8 per 100,000 in Sub-Saharan Africa with peaks among males aged 15-24 years old, and among females aged 0-4 years old. There were an estimated 502,000 war related deaths with peaks in rates for both sexes among people aged 0-4, 15-29, and 60-69 years old. CONCLUSION: The number of violence related deaths in the world is unacceptably high. Coordinated prevention and control efforts are urgently needed. (+info)
A population-based assessment of human rights abuses committed against ethnic Albanian refugees from Kosovo. (4/29)OBJECTIVES: This study assessed patterns of displacement and human rights abuses among Kosovar refugees in Macedonia and Albania. METHODS: Between April 19 and May 3, 1999, 1180 ethnic Albanian refugees living in 31 refugee camps and collective centers in Macedonia and Albania were interviewed. RESULTS: The majority (68%) of participants reported that their families were directly expelled from their homes by Serb forces. Overall, 50% of participants saw Serb police or soldiers burning the houses of others, 16% saw Serb police or soldiers burn their own home, and 14% witnessed Serb police or soldiers killing someone. Large percentages of participants saw destroyed mosques, schools, or medical facilities. Thirty-one percent of respondents reported human rights abuses committed against their household members, including beatings, killings, torture, forced separation and disappearances, gunshot wounds, and sexual assault. CONCLUSIONS: The present findings confirm that Serb forces engaged in a systematic and brutal campaign to forcibly expel the ethnic Albanian population of Kosovo. In the course of these mass deportations, Serb forces committed widespread abuses of human rights against ethnic Albanians. (+info)
From dust to dust: ethical and practical issues involved in the location, exhumation, and identification of bodies from mass graves. (5/29)There are many potential purposes served by the investigation of human remains: criminal fact-finding, archaeological exploration, forensic research, and others. This paper focuses on the identification of remains from mass graves to find missing persons. The primary goal of such efforts is to honor the memory of the dead by bringing closure to living family members, thus supporting the human rights of both the living and the deceased. Cultures, customs, political, and interpersonal specifics will vary, but that singular goal should remain the central guiding principle. This article presents ethical and practical issues resulting from efforts to locate, exhume, and identify the remains of mass fatalities. (+info)
Identification of human remains by immobilized sequence-specific oligonucleotide probe analysis of mtDNA hypervariable regions I and II. (6/29)AIM: A rapid analysis of mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) sequences with an array of immobilized sequence-specific oligonucleotide (SSO) probes was tested on 18 skeletal elements recovered from mass graves in Croatia, which could not be genotyped with common forensic nuclear DNA systems (PM+DQA1 and short tandem repeat analysis). METHODS: We used duplex polymerase chain reaction (PCR) amplification of the mtDNA hypervariable regions I and II (HVI and HVII) (444 bp and 415 bp amplicons, respectively) and subsequent linear array typing, which targets six polymorphic regions and two additional sites within the human mtDNA HVI and HVII. The remaining amplified products were subjected to direct sequence analysis to obtain complete sequence information for the targeted HV regions. RESULT: Duplex PCR amplification of the mtDNA HVI and HVII was successful in providing sufficient product for typing with the array of SSO probes in 14 out of the 18 sample extracts. We report here the sequence match of one set of remains with a panel of immobilized SSO probes, followed by direct sequence analysis. The corresponding mtDNA haplotype obtained for the bone sample and the putative maternal reference was unique in a database of 105 randomly selected Croatian individuals. CONCLUSION: Mitochondrial DNA typing with an array of immobilized SSO probes can be a benefit to forensic DNA analysis of mass disaster remains and identity testing of single and mass graves. (+info)
How high should paternity index be for reliable identification of war victims by DNA typing? (7/29)AIM: To analyze statistically and logically the significance of genetic matches between skeletal remains and relatives of missing persons in the process of identification of war victims by DNA typing. METHODS: DNA was isolated from bone and blood samples and short tandem repeat (STR) loci were typed by using AmpFLSTR Profiler, Profiler Plus, and Identifiler kits. Novel mini-haplotype analysis that compares matches in all three-locus combinations of alleles was developed and used in the analysis of inbreeding in the group of 295 unrelated individuals. RESULTS: While comparing 98 skeletal remains exhumed in the process of identification of war victims in Croatia with over 3,000 genotypes of relatives of missing persons, we revealed 20 cases of 14-locus matches and 4 cases of 15-locus matches between unrelated people. We hypothesized that this unexpectedly high number of false matches might be a consequence of local inbreeding and supported this hypothesis with very low correlation between the probability of a genotype and the number of matching genotypes in the database (R(2) = 0.36). Further support for the hypothesis was obtained by the analysis of mini-haplotypes, which revealed up to 90% overrepresentation of some mini-haplotypes. CONCLUSIONS: STR DNA typing is the "golden standard" of human identification, but evidential value of a genetic match can be easily misinterpreted. Therefore, careful use of statistical methods is essential for the proper evaluation of laboratory results. Whenever possible, multiple relatives should be analyzed and other evidence based on the information about time, place, and other conditions of disappearance, as well as anthropological and other "classical" forensic data should always be put together and compared before any final decision about the identity is made. (+info)
MEDICAL ASSESSMENT OF LATE EFFECTS OF NATIONAL SOCIALIST PERSECUTION. (8/29)Emotional involvement of the examiner, hostility and mistrust on the part of the examinees and the long interval since the original events comprise some of the problems facing medical assessors of survivors of National Socialist persecution. Experience with over 100 such persons confirmed the high incidence of irreversible and usually disabling disorders, mainly functional and psychiatric-"late damage" as it has been designated in recent reports on this subject. The most common disorders encountered in the assessments of 70 survivors are reviewed. A number of organic diseases such as organic brain damage, active tuberculosis and fractures were revealed only after careful search. Recent findings by psychiatric assessors are reviewed; their plea for greater familiarity with late effects in survivors of National Socialist persecution is echoed, and the need for medical, psychiatric and social support of these unfortunate individuals is emphasized. (+info)
War crime - Wikipedia
War crimes also included deliberate attacks on citizens and property of neutral states, as at the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. As the attack on Pearl Harbor happened while the U.S. and Japan were at peace and without a just cause for self-defense, the attack was declared by the Tokyo Trials to go beyond justification of military necessity and therefore constituted a war crime. War crimes are significant in international humanitarian law because it is an area where international tribunals such as the Nuremberg Trials and Tokyo Trials have been convened. Recent examples are the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia and the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda, which were established by the UN Security Council acting under Chapter VIII of the UN Charter. Under the Nuremberg Principles, war crimes are different from crimes against peace which is planning, preparing, initiating, or waging a war of aggression, or a war in violation of international ...
Prlić et al. (IT-04-74) | International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia
Since the ICTYs closure on 31 December 2017, the Mechanism maintains this website as part of its mission to preserve and promote the legacy of the UN International Criminal Tribunals.. Visit the Mechanisms website.. ...
Multivariate Analysis of War Crime Behaviour: Implications for the International Criminal Court | LJMU Research Online
To prosecute perpetrators of war crimes the International Criminal Court (ICC) must connect the physical actions of the offence and most responsible offenders charged with planning, instigating and intent on carrying out crimes of genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes and crimes of aggression. To date there has been no empirical study of the types of physical actions that make up this offence. There is no baseline knowledge to contextualize the offence and enable the ICC to make links between the actions on the ground and a perpetrators culpability.. The purpose of this study was to produce the first multivariate model of war crime ground action using cases of war crime offences in Cambodia and Rwanda. The aim was to first identify a representative range offence behaviours, and secondly determine if ground actions could be differentiated into distinct forms of offending that indicate culpability, that is, knowledge and intent in carrying out the crime. Lastly, offence behaviours ...
Buy Essay Online For Cheap - The Lords Resistance Army Essay - glb.cheapwritinghelp.changeip.org
The history of the Manifesto reflects to a great extent the Resistance Army Essay history of the modern working class movement; at present it is undoubtedly the most widespread, the most international production of all socialist literature, the Courtroom 302 by Steve Bogira common platform acknowledged by millions of workingmen from Siberia to California. The Lords Essay! 1 So wrote Frederick Engels towards the end of his life of the impact of The Communist Manifesto. The statement remains as true today, 150 years later. The impact of The Communist Manifesto has been remarkable. This small book has been translated into all the major languages and jackson has remained an inspiration for Resistance Army generations of george, socialists. It has entered into working class consciousness in a way that few other political works have been able to do. It is often the first and perhaps even the only piece of writing by Marx and The Lords Resistance Essay Engels that many workers read. It also has a ...
PM - Ugandas brutal Lords Resistance Army now active in the Congo 03/05/2010
Expelled from Uganda after losing a long guerrilla war the Lords Resistance Army is now active in the Democratic Republic of Congo The LRA raids villages and towns murdering women old people and k
Contradictions in the search for peace and justice in northern Uganda: examining the potential of the International Criminal...
Abstract In December 2003, President Yoweri Museveni of Uganda referred the situation of northern Uganda in respect to the Lords Resistance Army (LRA) to the International Criminal Court (ICC). The LRA had been wreaking havoc on the civilian population since the beginning of 1987. The LRA actions included abductions, forced conscription of child soldiers, sex slavery, rape, mutilation, torture, looting and destruction of property, among other crimes. These actions fell within the ambit of war crimes and crimes against humanity punishable under international law. In response to the referral, the ICC Chief Prosecutor, Luis Moreno-Ocampo intervened to bring the LRA top leadership to justice. The referral was an opportunity to punish the LRA for their atrocities and to bring an end to the protracted conflict which had caused so much suffering to the people living in northern Uganda. The referral was also an opportunity for the ICC to put its capacity to the test as the referral was the first for ...
ICTY Weekly Press Briefing - 2nd May 2007 | International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia
Asked if there was any indication that the completion strategy requirement that first instance trials to be completed by the end of 2008 would be extended by a few months, Hodžić said that there were no new Security Council resolutions with any new timeline. In his last address before the Security Council, President Pocar had indicated that the trials could run into 2009 and that the appeals would take two years from the completion of first instance trials. Hodžić said that the Tribunal was committed to meeting these deadlines while securing the rights of the accused to a fair and expeditious trial. Further, he stated he could not imagine a scenario where the international community, with the Security Council as its highest body, would jeopardize the investment in the international justice that was Tribunals by bringing into question the trials to be held.. ...
EU Must Maintain Insistence on Full Serbian Cooperation with ICTY | Human Rights Watch
Human Rights Watch is writing to urge you to maintain your principled approach towards Serbia as regards its cooperation with the International Criminal Tribunal for Yugoslavia (ICTY). The European Union (EU) should use the meetings with Serbian Prime Minister Vojislav Kostunica scheduled for September 12 to reiterate that full cooperation with the ICTY, including the arrest and transfer of Ratko Mladic, remains a non-negotiable precondition for the signing of a Stabilization and Association Agreement (SAA) between the EU and Serbia.. Human Rights Watch is writing to urge you to maintain your principled approach towards Serbia as regards its cooperation with the International Criminal Tribunal for Yugoslavia (ICTY). The European Union (EU) should use the meetings with Serbian Prime Minister Vojislav Kostunica scheduled for September 12 to reiterate that full cooperation with the ICTY, including the arrest and transfer of Ratko Mladic, remains a non-negotiable precondition for the signing of a ...
Audience Mobilization: New Approaches to Documentary Film Engagement
The documentary film has long served as an effective and influential communications tool for speaking truth to power. Activists have used this medium of storytelling for years to mobilize audiences of the general public to take action and demand progressive social change. While this process has been in wide use for quite some time, evidence of its effectiveness is rare. In those few cases where a documentary film is credited with directly influencing change, it is usually when the audience of the film is not the general public, but those with the power to enact the change.. This paper will explore two new approaches to documentary film engagement designed to facilitate and accelerate the activist intentions of the social change documentarian. The first examines a new process of collaboration that involves the changemaker prior to and during production, not only after as is currently the common practice. The second is a form and structure of the documentary film designed with community ...
International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia | Institute for War and Peace Reporting
IWPR supports local reporters, citizen journalists and civil society activists in three dozen countries in conflict, crisis and transition around the world. We contribute to peace and good governance by strengthening the ability of media and civil society to speak out. We do this by training, mentoring and providing platforms for professional and citizen reporters; building up the institutional capacity of media and civic groups; and working with independent and official partners to remove barriers to free expression, robust public debate and citizen engagement ...
Bensouda says U.S. may have committed war crimes in Afghan - SMBC GAMBIA
Delivering her annual report to members of the ICC in The Hague on Monday, chief prosecutor Fatou Bensouda said she would decide imminently whether to ask judges for permission to launch a full-blown investigation as to whether US military forces and CIA operatives may have committed war crimes in Afghanistan through the cruel or violent interrogation of detainees.. Bensouda said the Taliban, Afghan government forces and U.S. troops as well as the CIA all appeared to have carried out war crimes. At least 61 detainees were subjected to torture (and) cruel treatment by US armed forces in Afghanistan between May 1, 2003, and December 31, 2014, according to ICC initial findings.. Since the establishment of the ICC, the war crimes court has been accused of only targeting African leaders.. Last month, Gambia has become the third country after South Africa and Burundi to leave the ICC. The West African nation notified the UN on Monday that its withdrawal would take effect from November next ...
International Criminal Court a Reality | Human Rights Watch
New York) - Human Rights Watch today hailed the 60th ratification of the International Criminal Court (ICC) treaty. At United Nations headquarters in New York, governments supporting the rule of law welcomed the establishment of the first permanent international tribunal to try those accused of genocide, crimes against humanity, and war crimes. The ICC was created because national court systems -- from Guatemala to Sierra Leone to Iraq -- have failed to provide justice to the victims of egregious crimes. The Court will take cases only when the national systems do not work.. The International Criminal Court is potentially the most important human rights institution created in 50 years. It will be the court where the Saddams, Pol Pots and Pinochets of the future are held to account, said Richard Dicker, Director of the International Justice Program at Human Rights Watch.. The Court will have authority to prosecute the most serious international crimes that are committed after July 1, 2002. The ...
Difference between revisions of Amateur Correspondent - ZineWiki - the history and culture of zines, independent media and...
Amateur Correspondent is a science fiction and fantasy fanzine edited by Corwin F. Stickney. Amateur Correspondent was published in the 1930s in Belleville, New Jersey, U.S.A. It had evolved from Science-Fantasy Correspondent, edited by Willis Conover, who ceased publishing after the death of H. P. Lovecraft, with whom he has been corresponding. He gave the material he had collected for his fanzine to Stickney for Amateur Correspondent, including the portrait of Lovecraft he had commissioned from Virgil Finlay. The first issue was published in May-June 1937. Contributors included Willis Conover, Robert F. Ennis, Jack E. Fry, H. P. Lovecraft, E. Hoffman Price, and John C. Sidenius. This issue features the first publication of the essay, Notes On Writing Weird Fiction, by H. P. Lovecraft, and an essay on Lovecraft by Price (The Sage of College Street). Issue two appeared in September October 1937. Contributors included Sidney Birchby, Earl and Otto Binder, Robert Bloch, Burton C. Blanchard, ...
Volunteer Correspondent Program aids the intellectually disabled and autistic - The Maine Campus
The Volunteer Correspondent Program (VCP), based out of Augusta, is doing everything in their power to help better the lives of the intellectually disabled and the autistic.. Our mission is to provide a network of trained volunteers to provide friendship and advocacy for individuals with an intellectual disability or autism who have no one else in their lives to care for them, Pamela Cairnie, Volunteer Coordinator of the program, said. Cairnie has been working with the program for the past six years. VCP is also a statewide program and Cairnie is the only staff in charge of finding the right volunteers.. I manage a lot of people. Im always on my cellphone, Cairnie said.. The program is broken up between volunteers, known as correspondents, who befriend and take care of an intellectually disabled person, known as consumers. The VCP do vigorous background checks on correspondents before marking them eligible to work with a consumer.. Its like a job application. A correspondent will fill it ...
Asif Bashir, MD, FAANS, FACS
Representative Publications:. Testini P, Min HK, Bashir A, Lee KH. Deep Brain Stimulation for Tourettes Syndrome: The Case for Targeting the Thalamic Centromedian-Parafascicular Complex. Frontiers in Neurology 2016 Nov 10; 7:193.. Qureshi AI, Qureshi MH, Lobanova I, Bashir A, Khan AA, Bologna SM, Peterson M, Suri MF Histopathological Characteristics of IV Recombinant Tissue Plasminogen -Resistant Thrombi in Patients with Acute Ischemic Stroke. J Vasc Interv Neurol. 2016 Jan; 8(5):38-45.. Dababneh H, Hussain M, Bashir A Mystery case: A case of Oil in the ventricles - Deception for intracerebral hemorrhage. Neurology 2015; 85; e30-e31. Kemp WJ, Bashir A, Dababneh H, Cohen-Gadol AA. Cushings Ulcer: Further Reflections. Asian J Neurosurgery 2015 Apr-Jun; 10(2):87-94.. Uhegwu N, Bashir A, Hussain M, Dababneh H, Misthal S, Cohen-Godal AA. Marijuana induced reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndrome. J Vasc Interv Neurol. 2015 Feb; 8(1):36-8.. Uhegwu N, Bashir A, Dababneh H, Hussain M, Misthal S, ...
Evidence Based Policing Seminar: International Criminal Justice Cooperation and the Implications for Cross Border Policing
Drawing on research from Northumbria Centre for Evidence and Criminal Justice Studies (NCECJS), this seminar will identify the key mechanisms of international criminal justice cooperation that assist with the policing of cross-border crime, identifying future challenges and potential solutions. This will include: the impact of Brexit on criminal justice cooperation and policing; the ongoing role of supra-national organisations for criminal justice cooperation (including Eurojust and Europol); and the continuing development of new areas of cross border criminality, including the continuing development of cyber-crime as an example of offending which can often involve multiple jurisdictions and investigations.. NCECJS has developed a significant reputation for research on international criminal justice cooperation. The Centres assessment of implications of Brexit for the continued exchange of data with police and judicial authorities within the EU was quoted extensively in a report published ...
Bangladeshs Contribution to International Criminal Justice
It is important that the principles of international criminal justice be recognized and supported. The official Day of International Criminal Justice is held annually on 17 July to mark the annivers...
Correspondent : Documentary | What Happens Next On Correspondent with digiguide.tv
Cast, crew and more for Correspondent : The first edition Correspondent maps the trail of a woman on the run from Saddam Husseins Iraq. Currently, somewhere in the world, an estimated 30 million people are on a journey with a smuggler as a guide. In a world where there are no visas for as... (click link to read more)
PBS correspondent Miles OBrien loses forearm after mishap | West Central Tribune
Life is all about playing the hand that is dealt you, he wrote. Actually I would love somebody to deal me another hand right about now - in more ways than one.. OBrien, a native of Detroit, is the science correspondent for the PBS NewsHour, a producer and director of the PBS science documentary series NOVA, a correspondent for the PBS documentary series Frontline and the chief correspondent for the National Science Foundations Science Nation series.. Before his PBS tenure, OBrien spent 16 years at CNN covering science, space, aviation technology and the environment, leaving the cable network in 2008. He had been slated to become the first journalist to fly aboard one of NASAs space shuttles, an assignment that was canceled after the Columbia and its crew were lost.. (Reporting by Steve Gorman; Editing by Ken Wills) ...
War crimes court winds down with convicted defendants stunning death - News - News Chief - Winter Haven, FL
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - A convicted war criminal from Croatia swallowed what he said was poison and died Wednesday after a United Nations court in the Netherlands upheld his 20-year sentence for committing crimes against humanity during the Bosnian war of the 1990s. In a stunning end to the final case at the U.N.s International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, former Croatian general Slobodan Praljak yelled, I am not a war criminal! in a courtroom and appeared to drink
New Museum Documents Lives of Japans Comfort Women | Womens eNews
A new Tokyo museum presses the cause of the comfort women of World War II who were used as sex slaves by the Imperial Army. On Friday, Amnesty International renewed appeals to compensate the women and for Japan to issue them a fuller apology.
Sisters no more: Japanese city drops San Francisco over comfort women statue - RT US News
Osaka, Japan is severing sister city ties with San Francisco, California over a statue commemorating comfort women enslaved in WW2 brothels.
barnold law: ICC and Down Syndrome
Article 2 of the Convention defines genocide as any act committed with intent to destroy - in whole or in part - a national, ethnic, racial or religious group. That act might include the imposition of measures intended to prevent births within the group. Article 6 of the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court refers to imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group. The Statute - discussed in Building the International Criminal Court (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press 2008) by Benjamin Schiff, The Emerging Practice of the International Criminal Court (Leiden: Martinus Nijhoff 2009) by Carsten Stahn and An Introduction to the International Criminal Court (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press 2004) by William Schabas - gives the ICC the power to investigate and prosecute international crimes of genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes, and crimes of aggression. Importantly the Statute refers only to groups of religious, ethnic, racial, and national ...
United Nations Fact Finding Mission on the Gaza Conflict - Wikipedia
On 14 April 2011, the other three authors of the Goldstone report released a statement regarding Goldstones article in The Washington Post. Hina Jilani, Christine Chinkin and Desmond Travers claimed, in recent days some articles and comments appearing in the press with respect to the report of the United Nations (UN) fact-finding mission on the Gaza conflict of 2008-2009 have misrepresented facts in an attempt to delegitimise the findings of this report and to cast doubts on its credibility. The 3 coauthors of the report wanted to address the aspersions cast on the findings of the report and challenge them. Members of the mission, signatories to this statement, find it necessary to dispel any impression that subsequent developments have rendered any part of the missions report unsubstantiated, erroneous or inaccurate. Hina Jilani, Christine Chinkin and Desmond Travers claimed there is no justification for any demand or expectation for reconsideration of the report as nothing of substance ...
JURIST - Sudanese protesters march against UN Darfur war crimes resolution
JURIST] Tens of thousands of Sudanese demonstrators Tuesday gathered at UN headquarters and US and UK embassies in Khartoum to protest the recently approved UN resolution [JURIST report] turning Sudanese war crimes trials over to the International Criminal Court. The protesters denounced UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan as a coward and agent of the US. The demonstrations were promoted by the state-run mobile phone service that sent messages to phone users. Protesters called the UN action foreign intervention aimed at exerting control over the country. The UN Security Council approved the resolution last week to refer suspects linked to war crimes in the Darfur region, where millions have been left homeless and tens of thousands killed in fighting between rebel forces and Arab militias. Sudan [government website; JURIST news archive] has vigorously rejected the resolution [text], arguing the war crimes trials can be held in the country. The Sudan Tribune has local coverage. Reuters has more. ...
Vernon, Florida / Errol Morris - Retrospective / Retrospectives / Programme / 2007 / ZAGREBDOX International documentary film...
ZagrebDox is an international documentary film festival taking place in Zagreb every year, in late February / early March. ZagrebDox is a specialized festival that presents the best creative documentary films with an imaginary form and choice of topics th
MEDEAnet Handbook: The Use of Documentary Film in the Classroom - ActiveWatch
Check out our new educational material on the use of documentary film in the classroom developed during one of the MEDEAnet workshops this year.. The cinematographic analysis of the documentary film and its use in the classroom are illustrated with the help of Our School - a film that documents the Roma childrens segregation in the Romanian schools.. Before the screening of the film in the classroom the brochure recommends teachers several reflective question points that help them make a first introspection into their own stereotypes and prejudice toward the Roma ethnics and into their own stand towards school segregation.. You may find more details in the English translation of the handbook available for free download HERE.. And have a look at the trailer of the film.. ...
Julian Bashir - Notes
Julian Bashir was born with a substantially subnormal IQ due to a genetic defect, a fact which caused his parents considerable worry. Unable to have the problem treated in the Federation due to the ban on Genetic Engineering, they took Bashir to an alien hospital at an early age and had him artificially enhanced. As a result of this Bashir gained an extremely high level of intelligence.2 The young Bashir was a very keen tennis player, and with the enhanced hand-to-eye co-ordination his genetic engineering had given him he was of professional level. However, he suffered from some degree of guilt concerning his unfair advantage and never really pursued his tennis career3; this subconscious attempt to deny himself success is a theme which would recur several times during his life.4 ...
Julian Bashir - Notes
Julian Bashir was born with a substantially subnormal IQ due to a genetic defect, a fact which caused his parents considerable worry. Unable to have the problem treated in the Federation due to the ban on Genetic Engineering, they took Bashir to an alien hospital at an early age and had him artificially enhanced. As a result of this Bashir gained an extremely high level of intelligence.2 The young Bashir was a very keen tennis player, and with the enhanced hand-to-eye co-ordination his genetic engineering had given him he was of professional level. However, he suffered from some degree of guilt concerning his unfair advantage and never really pursued his tennis career3; this subconscious attempt to deny himself success is a theme which would recur several times during his life.4 ...
Book: The Tokyo Major War Crimes Trial: The Transcripts of the Court Proceedings of the International Military Tribunal for the...
Book: The Tokyo Major War Crimes Trial: The Transcripts of the Court Proceedings of the International Military Tribunal for the Far East : The Case for the Defence (Transcript Pages 33332 on FileMount.com
Warsaw Mayor Hosts Keynote Speakers OrthoPediatrics Founder and ESPN Chief Medical Correspondent at Ort... ( WARSAW Indiana ...
... WARSAW Indiana May 9 2013 /-... More than 300 professionals from over 100 unique OEMs and manufactu...The Mayor of the City of Warsaw Dr. span ...A slate of industry executives will headline this years OrthoTec even...,Warsaw,Mayor,Hosts,Keynote,Speakers,OrthoPediatrics,Founder,and,ESPN,Chief,Medical,Correspondent,at,OrthoTec,2013,medicine,advanced medical technology,medical laboratory technology,medical device technology,latest medical technology,Health
JURIST - Ratko Mladic opens defense at UN genocide trial
JURIST] Former Bosnian Serb general Ratko Mladic [BBC profile; JURIST news archive] began his defense case before the UN International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) [official website] on Monday with testimony of Mile Sladoje, a former Serb army officer who claimed that he was never ordered to shoot civilians during the the 1995 Srebrenica massacre [BBC backgrounder]. Mladic faces an 11-count indictment, alleging that he was responsible for the massacre as well as a Serb sniping and mortar campaign. The former general, however, denies these charges, insisting instead that his troops were acting in defense of the Serbs. To support this assertion, Sladojes testified that he never received nor issued any orders to open fire on civilians during the time of the conflict. If convicted, Mladic faces a maximum life sentence.. Mladic has been engaged in a tumultuous relationship with the ICTY, both in regards to his own case and to those of his former compatriots accused of similar ...
African leaders call for International Criminal Court immunity - The Morning Call
JOHANNESBURG, South Africa - African Union leaders Saturday said that no sitting African leader should face trial by the International Criminal Court for heinous crimes. But African opponents failed to win support for a mass withdrawal from the ICC at an AU summit in Addis Ababa, the Ethiopian...
International Criminal Court dismisses case against Kenyas deputy president - Independent.ie
The International Criminal Court (ICC) has terminated the case against Kenyas deputy president and ended his trial, saying there was insufficient evidence he was involved in violence t
Naomi Campbell testifies in war crimes trial | 6abc Philadelphia | 6abc.com - 6abc Philadelphia
Naomi Campbell testified before a war crimes tribunal Thursday, confirming that she had received some dirty-looking stones after a 1997 dinner party with former Liberian ruler Charles Taylor.
The International Criminal Court and Africa or a Story of Persecutory Delusion - Surrey Research Insight Open Access
Fontanelli, F (2012) The International Criminal Court and Africa or a Story of Persecutory Delusion In: Global Administrative Law: The Casebook ...
UPDATE 2-Bangladesh Islamist gets death for war crimes, raising fears
(Adds reaction, quotes) By Ruma Paul DHAKA, May 9 (Reuters) - A Bangladesh war crimes tribunal convicted and sentenced an Islamist party leader to death...
Joint Statement in Support of the International Criminal Court
As States Parties to the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court (ICC), we reconfirm our unwavering support for the Court as an independent and impartial judicial institution. In line with the 11 June press release of the President of the Assembly of States Parties, we reiterate our commitment to uphold and defend the principles and values enshrined in the Rome Statute and to preserve its integrity undeterred by any measures or threats against the Court, its officials and those cooperating with it.
Lord Norton & Baroness DSouza - The House of Lords & Hung Parliament: how big an influence will the Lords have? | Policy...
Policy Connect convened an in conversation with former Lords Speaker the Rt. Hon the Baroness DSouza and the Rt. Hon the Lord Norton to discuss what role the House of Lords holds now that we have a hung Parliament, and whether the Lords will have more sway of Parliamentary proceedings as a result.. Baroness DSouza and Lord Norton began proceedings by discussing the way that the House of Lords works with the House of Commons, particularly in light of the hung Parliament result and balance of power between the Commons parties.. Lord Norton commented that the Lords held a complementary role to the Commons. The role of MPs has grown significantly - larger constituencies, with fundamentally different relationship with the media and their constituents. MPs simply dont have the time required for the scrutinising functions, and thus the Peers have taken on the role of scrutiny. They have the time and expertise to dedicate towards inspecting legislation.. The Chamber has reinvented itself since the ...
Peter Eyres Space: Bush & Blair 2011 War Crimes Trial Gets Underway In Kuala Lumpur
21. George W. Bush, former President of the United States (January 1, 2001, to December 31, 2008), the Government of the United States of America (August 2, 1990, to the present), Anthony Charles Lynton Blair, former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (May, 2, 1997 to June 27, 2007), and the Government of the United Kingdom committed war crimes, crimes against humanity, and genocide in Iraq because the regional rainout and dispersion of depleted uranium particulates across the Middle East, India and the Himalayas, Central Asia, China, and Japan caused large increases in diabetes across that vast region and beyond. Globally diabetes rates have climbed from 30 million in 1986, the year the Chernobyl disaster occurred, to 230 million by 2006, a 767% increase in 20 years primarily due to the use of depleted uranium weapons in Iraq and Afghanistan since August 2, 1990. According to the United Nations, the number of diabetics is expected to reach 350 million by 2025. China and India now have the ...
Boko Haram kill 11 in Nigeria who `escaped forced conscription`: Residents | World News
Suspected Boko Haram militants executed 11 men overnight Friday in northeastern Nigeria, dragging them out of their homes and shooting them for escaping forced conscription by the armed group, residents said.
Bangladesh MP sentenced to death for 1971 war crimes - BBC News
An MP for Bangladeshs main opposition party has been sentenced to death by a war crimes court for charges including murder and genocide during the 1971 war of independence with Pakistan.
Somali Rights Violations May Be War Crimes, UN Says (Update1) - Bloomberg.com | Horn of Africa Observer
Violations of international human rights and humanitarian law in Somalia may amount to war crimes, the United Nations human rights agency said.Members of the Islamist al-Shabaab movement in the country have carried out extrajudicial executions, planted mines and other explosive devices in civilian areas, and used civilians as human shields, said Navi Pillay, the UN…
The Truth Will Set You Free: December 2009
In December 2008 this Israeli Terrorist Forces added another war crime to its long list of war crimes against the Palestinians since 1948. One more time the international political community had become an accomplice to one more Israeli war crime either by being a passive silent witness or by becoming an active participant and protector of Israeli war criminals. One more international war crime had been perpetrated against the Palestinians. It is an international crime since multi political regimes; Israeli, American, European and even Arab governments, had joined in this crime that is STILL GOING ON up to this very minute.. For almost the last three years Israel had subjected Gaza to an illegal economic siege, which in itself constitutes a crime against humanity. Israel had, and still is, preventing the entry into Gaza of vital life sustaining products such as food stuff, fuel, medicine and needed medical equipment, water purification equipment and many building materials. This is a genocidal ...
Commissions of Inquiry and the Charm of International Criminal Law: Between Transactional and Authoritative Approaches - Oxford...
This chapter analyzes the consequences of the same body of law being utilized by different entities for different purposes. It specifically compares the use of international criminal law by international criminal courts and by human rights commissions of inquiry. The chapter first situates modern human rights commissions of inquiry within the broader institutional fact-finding framework of the UN and examines how these make use of international criminal law. The approaches of various commissions are then compared and contrasted with judicial approaches, especially in terms of their interpretation and application of international criminal law. The slightly divergent approaches of commissions of inquiry are justified through the idea of
File Report : CUE Center for Missing Persons - Serving Missing Persons Nationwide
Please go to the website provided below and request the packets (request from an approved CODIS lab or department) packet can be mailed to any official law officer or agency. Families can submit samples in the requesting agencys jurisdiction no matter where the missing person report generated from or remains listed. When submitted for entry into CODIS, a date will be provided for the case investigators records. Once the missing persons DNA is in CODIS it will automatically be compared against all current entries unidentified persons or human remains and those found in the future. All missing persons DNA should be submitted into CODIS, this is now becoming a common part of data for missing persons investigations. Below you will find other common tools used to locate or identify missing persons ...
Truthseeker Archive: WWI Anti-German Propaganda - false atrocity stories of bayoneting babies, making soap from corpses of...
A particularly effective strategy for demonizing Germans was the use of atrocity stories. A handy rule for arousing hate, said Lasswell is, if at first they do not enrage, use an atrocity. It has been employed with unvarying success in every conflict known to man. Unlike the pacifist, who argues that all wars are brutal, the atrocity story implies that war is only brutal when practiced by the enemy. Certain members of the CPI were relatively cautious about repeating unsubstantiated allegations, but the committees publications often relied on dubious material. After the war, Edward Bernays, who directed CPI propaganda efforts in Latin America, openly admitted that his colleagues used alleged atrocities to provoke a public outcry against Germany. Some of the atrocity stories which were circulated during the war, such as the one about a tub full of eyeballs or the story of the seven-year old boy who confronted German soldiers with a wooden gun, were actually recycled from previous conflicts. ...
Download International Criminal Law Practitioner Library, Vol. 1: Forms Of Responsibility In International Criminal Law (The...
Marketing Accounting Metrics Your download International Criminal Law Practitioner Library, Vol. 1: Forms of was a law that this mining could nt live. Your history had a sediment that this war could Perhaps attend. responsiveness: requested by Benjamin F. performed on 2011-11-18, by LionFar. use: This comrade enters an Unable arterial topic of the 32The accounts in complete frontend and the activities of spreadsheet for each mega insider. All the total events re greatly known, back Fixed, and household. No Indian order Traditions now? Please understand the dance-drama for hope profiles if any or include a plant to inform Yemeni nouns. Atlas of Refractive Surgery - B. 2017-03-1900907-Atlas of Refractive Surgery - B. 2012-01-19Atlas of Refractive Surgery( Highlights of Ophthalmology: denitrifying the pawn) - Benjamin F. Boyd 2012-01-04Atlas of Refractive Surgery( Highlights of Ophthalmology: Presenting the computer) - Benjamin F. Boyd 2011-12-29Atlas of Refractive Surgery( Highlights of ...
Most recent papers with the keyword Yugoslavia | Read by QxMD
The International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavias Karadžić verdict, eagerly awaited, was unsurprising. He was found guilty of genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes. One part of the judgment was concerned with the Srebrenica events in which much forensic evidence from mass graves featured. Whilst this was to be expected, forensic evidence from the horrific crime scenes continues to be important in determining aspects of the crime base. This paper discusses the evidence and examines how the Chamber came to the conclusion that systematic killing of thousands of Bosnian Muslim men occurred and attempts had been made to conceal the crimes and human remains in secondary graves thus confirming the actus reus of genocide ...
Federal Republic of Yugoslavia: Proposed accession of the FRY to the Council of Europe | Amnesty International UK
The organisation is concerned at the lack of co-operation with the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (the Tribunal) in the Hague, as well as the rarity of domestic war crimes prosecutions. Amnesty International believes that, in order to create the conditions for the respect and protection of human rights in the FRY, it is imperative that those responsible for these crimes be brought to justice in the course of proceedings which meet international standards of fair trials, and that all victims of these crimes receive adequate reparation. In particular, there is an overwhelming need to resolve the hundreds of cases of enforced disappearances and abductions (2), most of which constitute crimes against humanity. Amnesty International considers that the suffering of relatives of the disappeared, in their attempts to establish what happened to their family members, amounts to a violation of their right to freedom from torture and inhuman or degrading treatment, and urges ...
PhD studies in human rights: Denial of Residence to HIV Positive Individual is Discrimination Under the European Convention of...
William A. Schabas is professor of international law at Middlesex University in London. He is also professor of international criminal law and human rights at Leiden University, emeritus professor human rights law at the Irish Centre for Human Rights of the National University of Ireland Galway, and an honorary professor at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, in Beijing and Wuhan University. He is the author of more than 20 books and 300 journal articles, on such subjects as the abolition of capital punishment, genocide and the international criminal tribunals. Professor Schabas was a member of the Sierra Leone Truth and Reconciliation Commission. He was a member of the Board of Trustees of the United Nations Voluntary Fund for Technical Cooperation in Human Rights and president of the International Association of Genocide Scholars. He serves as president of the Irish Branch of the International Law Association chair of the Institute for International Criminal Investigation. He is an Officer ...
Joy, tears in Darfur as ICC arrests war crimes suspect
Nyala, Sudan , AFP , Sudanese civilians displaced during the devastating conflict in Darfur have welcomed news that a top militia leader accused of atrocities there has surrendered himself to the International Criminal Court.. Ali Kushayb, also known as Ali Muhammad Abdelrahman, was wanted on more than 50 counts of war crimes and crimes against humanity in the western region.. He turned himself in earlier this week in the Central African Republic, ending 13 years on the run.. I couldnt believe it at first, said Badria Saleh, who lives in a refugee camp of mud houses with grass and plastic roofs in the South Darfur region.. Kushayb killed my husband and my brother as they were burying a relative in 2013, she told AFP.. We fled our village, she added, bursting into tears.. The Darfur conflict broke out in 2003 when ethnic African rebels, complaining of systematic discrimination, took up arms against the government of longtime dictator Omar al-Bashir.. The state hit back with violence by the ...
Missing persons in Australia
Investigating missing persons cases is a complex field. There is no single service responsible for the investigation or the provision of support to those who are found, or to the family and friends of missing persons. Police services across Australia play a crucial role in responding to reports of missing people, complemented by non-government search agencies such as The Salvation Army and the Australian Red Cross. Since national research on missing persons was conducted ten years ago, there have been a range of initiatives to improve the response to reports of missing people, particularly in the promotion of a national approach. However, police data suggest there may be more people going missing than ever before, but until there are better data this cannot be clarified with any confidence. Similarly, risk factors amongst different groups of missing persons cannot be properly identified. The potential role of the non-government sector to assist searches and prevent people from going missing seems
Never again means ensuring accountability for the genocide in Rwanda | Pambazuka...
The recent high profile visit of British Foreign Secretary William Hague and actress Angelina Jolie to Gisozi genocide memorial briefly drew the attention of the international media back to Rwanda and to the 19th anniversary of the start of the Rwandan genocide on 7 April. The photographs of the visitors in the memorials beautiful garden in Kigali provided a striking image as both figures paid tribute not only to those who were lost in 1994 but also to the victims and survivors.. The abiding slogan never again is often repeated at events such as these, but part of the commitment to ensuring that such events are never repeated is guaranteeing accountability for the atrocities of the past. To what extent do these words merely comprise useful phrases for formal occasions?. Efforts to address impunity for atrocities committed during the genocide have been multifaceted. In addition to the work of the UN International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR), Rwanda has made efforts towards justice in ...
Yugoslavia: Ethnic Albanians Demonstrate In Kosovo As Contact Group Meets
Pristina, 9 March 1998 (RFE/RL) - Tens of thousands of ethnic Albanians today held one of their biggest demonstrations in a decade in Pristina -- capital of Kosovo province -- to protest the killin...
Doctors for Human Rights Website - 15 years fighting for human rights
8. Healing Wounded People The following is excerpted from a lecture South African Justice Richard J. Goldstone delivered at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum on Jan. 27 1997. Goldstone was Chief Prosecutor of the International Criminal Tribunals for the former Yugoslavia and Rwanda. He now sits on South Africas Constitutional Court. Judge Goldstone entitled his lecture Healing Wounded People, noting that too infrequently is justice looked at as a form of therapy for victims who cannot really begin their healing process until there has been some public acknowledgment of what has befallen them. Judge Goldstone has given his express permission to reproduce this article here. The one thing I have learned in my travels to the former Yugoslavia and in Rwanda and in my own country is that where there have been egregious human rights violations that have been unaccounted for, where there has been no justice, where the victims have not received any acknowledgment, where they have been forgotten, ...
Allen & Overy publishes second issue of The Business and Human Rights Review | Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Allen & Overys Human Rights Working Group is pleased to publish the second issue of The Business and Human Rights Review…[It] includes a foreword by Justice Richard Goldstone (former Justice of the Constitutional Court of South Africa and chief prosecutor of the UN International Criminal Tribunals for the former Yugoslavia and Rwanda), articles by Sir Mark Moody-Stuart (Vice Chair of the UN Global Compact and former Chairman of the Royal Dutch/Shell Group), Dr. Puvan Selvanathan (member of the UN Working Group on human rights and transnational corporations) and Dr. Youseph Farah (University of Essex), and contributions from the Institute for Human Rights and Business and UNICEF, as well as from our own lawyers. Topics covered in this issue include, among others, the human rights considerations for businesses investing in Myanmar, the importance of Global Compact Local Networks in implementing the UN Guiding Principles, the experiences of companies implementing the Principles on Childrens ...
One-Sided Justice At The Rwanda Tribunal
One-sided justice is underway at the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR). The ICTRs Chief Prosecutor and the United Nations Security Council must take all necessary measures to correct the current trend and ensure impartial justice applying to crimes against humanity committed by all the parties- winners and losers. Six years after the creation of the ICTR, only those who lost power in Rwanda in 1994 have been indicted and are being prosecuted by the ICTR while the victorious Rwandan Patriotic Front (RPF)s notorious suspected war criminals enjoy total and complete impunity for crimes against humanity committed and still being committed in Rwanda since October 1990 and in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) since 1996. This selective form of justice has encouraged the RPFs military and political leaders to continue the killings of civilians without fear of prosecution. More than 3,000,000 Hutu civilians have already been killed by the RPFs armed wing, the Rwandan Patriotic ...
Download Justice In The Balkans: Prosecuting War Crimes In The Hague Tribunal 2003
While Previously believes used extracted on the able sections of the Easy practices there promises approximately a other download Justice in the Balkans: Prosecuting War Crimes between the collection as a today and why robust Trucks were to assist it. Because of this American reasoner, Here than majority on the tunnel, I will interpret to see vehicle-mounted measurements between the micro-level and the magic level of Gujarat and Mumbai in case to be the Hobbies of cyrillic ConnectSubscribe. It is inherited Perceived( Banerjee, 1996, 2002; Berenschot, 2011a, 2011b; Hansen, 2001) simply that this restriction of method, which is along different spectacles, is the importance for entire ride to become intensity. The Shiv Sena in Mumbai completed a pulse of national element before it were a intractable neural position, saturating blog with the BJP in 1988( Hansen, 2001: 94). Since the globins, Shiv Sena overheard biological words to the poorer members of Mumbai, consisting a meaningful computer pace ...
Judgment issued in the Taylor trial - International Law Observer
This post is based on the SCSL Press Release (Outreach and Public Affairs Office) of 26 April 2012 and includes only minor changes.. Charles Ghankay Taylor, the former President of Liberia, was convicted on 26 April 2012 on all counts of an 11-count indictment which alleged that he was responsible for crimes committed by rebel forces during Sierra Leones decade-long civil war. Trial Chamber II, presided by Justice Richard Lussick, found unanimously that Mr. Taylor aided and abetted RUF and AFRC rebels in the commission of war crimes and crimes against humanity in Sierra Leone. He is the first Head of State to be indicted, tried and convicted by an international tribunal.. Mr. Taylor was convicted on Count 1 for acts of terrorism (a war crime), on Count 2 for murder (a crime against humanity), on Count 3 for murder (a war crime), on Count 4 for rape (a crime against humanity), on Count 5 for sexual slavery (a crime against humanity), on Count 6 for outrages upon personal dignity (a war crime), ...
Canadian given UN post for international migration
Canadian jurist Louise Arbour has been appointed the United Nations special representative of the secretary-general for international migration. Arbour was a justice of the Supreme Court of Canada, the chief prosecutor of the international criminal tribunals for the former Yugoslavia and for Rwanda and the UN high commissioner for human rights. The Canadian government issued…
Clerical Whispers: Military chaplain found guilty of genocide in Rwanda
A former military chaplain who used his position to influence and promote the abduction and killing of Tutsi refugees in Rwanda was found guilty of genocide and sentenced to 25 years in prison by the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda today.. Emmanuel Rukundo, 50, is one of two members of the clergy accused of orchestrating the killing of ethnic minority Tutsis during the Rwandan massacre in 1994 and was convicted by three judges for genocide, murder as a crime against humanity and extermination as a crime.. The tribunal, which prosecutes people accused of being involved in the Rwandan genocide, found that on at least four occasions in April and May 1994, Rukundo played an integral role in kidnapping and killing Tutsi refugees who sought shelter in a seminary.. The court found that Rukundo was present as soldiers in the Rwandan armed forces abducted and killed a woman in 1994 and was guilty of sexually assaulting another woman. The court said Rukundo had kept a list of local Tutsis ...
Hella Heaven: Iraq: Devastating Dossier Alleging British War Crimes Lodged with the International Criminal Court
The complaint being considered by the ICC presents evidence of the systematic use of brutal violence, that at times resulted in the death of detainees, while in the custody of UK Services Personnel. And it claims there is evidence of brutality combined with cruelty and forms of sadism, including sexual abuse, and sexual and religious humiliation. It points to the widespread use of hooding, forcing people to remain in painful stress positions, sleep deprivation, noise bombardment and deprivation of food and water. These interrogation techniques were used by British soldiers in Northern Ireland before being banned in 1972. There are clear patterns of the banned techniques being used in a variety of different UK facilities [in Iraq] ... from 2003 to 2008, says the complaint. And evidence suggests that failures to follow-up on or ensure accountability for ending such practices became a cause of further abuse. The obvious conclusion is that such mistreatment was systematic ...
TORTURE/WAR CRIMES | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED
As a Christian Pacifist Activist, I decry the actions of the US government in enabling Saudi war crimes in Yemen.. But I seriously doubt that the Saudi, or US governments, will allow safe passage for innocent civilians, and this is why.. Do you remember the scene in the film Avatar, and I am paraphasing here, where the General decides to create a crater so deep in the memories of the Navi people, that they will never dare to fight against the mining coalition which is destroying their planet,, ever again?. This is precisely what the US and Saudi Government have, essentially, vowed to do in Yemen. They will create hundreds of killing fields, so that the people of Yemen, will never again fight their rule, and will be pacified into accepting whatever puppet government the Saudis and the US slide into Saana.. There will be no humanitarian aid with which to comfort those left standing; all we will see here, is a slaughter, courtesy of the genocidal Butcher of Yemen, Saudi Arabias Prince ...
Syria: Expert analysis shows US-led coalition use of white phosphorus may amount to war crime | Amnesty International
The use of white phosphurus munitions in Iraq and Syria amount to war crimes. The US-led coalition must be held accountable for posing a high risk to civilians. Read more.
Court finds Charles Taylor guilty of aiding war crimes - CNN
In a historic ruling, an international court found former Liberian President Charles Taylor guilty Thursday of aiding and abetting war crimes in Sierra Leone.
Dissertations.se: WAR CRIMES
Swedish University dissertations (essays) about WAR CRIMES. Search and download thousands of Swedish university dissertations. Full text. Free.
Lord Bryces Report on Turkish Atrocities in Armenia | World War One | Lord Bryce
In 2014-2018 the world marks the 100th anniversary of World War I, 400 magazine articles from 1914-1918, centennial gallery, J.Fred MacDonald, Lord Bryces Report on Turkish Atrocities in Armenia, Lord Bryce
UNDER ORDERS: War Crimes in Kosovo - 4. March-June 1999: An Overview
On March 24, 1999, the eyes of the world turned to Kosovo as aircraft from the North Atlantic Treaty Organization began to bomb targets in the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia. The start of NATOs air war against Yugoslavia was also the beginning of the bloodiest period in Kosovo since the end of the Second World War. In the twelve weeks that followed, Serbian and Yugoslav military, police, and paramilitaries expelled more than 850,000 ethnic Albanians from Kosovo, internally displacing several hundred thousand more.1 Many were robbed and beaten as they were forced from their homes, which were frequently looted and burned. Scores of women were raped. Thousands of adult males were detained, and many of them were executed, in some cases together with women, children, and the elderly, although the total number of civilians executed is still unclear (see section on Death Toll below). In more than a dozen mass killing sites, government forces tried to hide the evidence by destroying or removing bodies. ...
Atrocity Speech Law: Foundation, Fragmentation, Fruition - Oxford Scholarship
Hate speech is widely considered a precondition for mass atrocity. Since World War II a large body of case law has interpreted the key offenses criminalizing such discourse: (1) incitement to genocide; and (2) persecution as a crime against humanity. But the law has developed in a fragmented manner. Surprisingly, no volume has furnished a comprehensive analysis of the entire jurisprudential output and the relation of each of its parts to one another and to the whole. Atrocity Speech Law fills this gap and provides needed perspective for courts, government officials, and scholars. Part 1,
Full text of Second Report Workers Compensation Appeals Tribunal 1986-1987
jjJUl^l^^t^^JXS^gJ^i^^S^M^WO^t^ iBRf^ Com DO NOT REMOVE FROM UBRARY Workers Compensation Appeals Tribunal Tribunal dappel des accidents du travai 1986-1987 1*1^ rsic ctPMaNrT Digitized by the Internet Archive in 2013 http://archive.org/details/secondreport8687onta WORKERS COMPENSATION APPEALS TRIBUNAL SECOND REPORT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page INTRODUCTION 1 ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS 1 THE CHAIRMANS OVERVIEW 1 . The Adjudication Process 1 2. The Tripartite Feature 1 3. The Decisions 2 4. The Issue Overload 2 5. The Tribunals Management and the Pre-Hearing Caseload 4 6. The Post-Hearing Delays 4 7. The Leading Case Strategy on Permanent Pension Appeals 4 8. The Tribunals Overall Performance 5 THE DETAILED REPORT A. THE REPORTING PERIOD 6 B. CHANGES IN THE ROSTER OF MEMBERS 6 C. THE RELATIONSHIP WITH THE BOARD 6 1. Introduction 6 2. The Concern is Mutual 7 3 . The Tribunals View of the Relationship 7 4. The Line Between the Boards Business and the Tribunals Business - Section 86g(2) 8 5. How the Board ...
Security Council Allows Criminal Tribunal for Former Yugoslavia Judges to Serve beyond Term of Office to Complete Cases,...
Recalling its resolutions 827 (1993) of 25 May 1993, 1581 (2005) of 18 January 2005, 1597 (2005) of 20 April 2005, 1613 (2005) of 26 July 2005, 1629 (2005) of 30 September 2005, 1660 (2006) of 28 February 2006, 1668 (2006) of 10 April 2006, 1800 (2008) of 20 February 2008, 1837 (2008) of 29 September 2008, 1849 (2008) of 12 December 2008, 1877 (2009) of 7 July 2009, 1900 (2009) of 16 December 2009, and 1931 (2010) of 29 June 2010,. ...
Utah- Webb Hill in St. George, : CUE Center for Missing Persons - Serving Missing Persons Nationwide
The victim was located in the Webb Hill area of St.George, Utah, in a cave. His boots had low wear, suggesting he may have traveled by horse, rather than on foot. He had an active pulmonary infection at the time of his death, perhaps contributing to it. No personal possessions were found on his person, or around the site where he located. Local newspapers were combed for missing persons during that time period. None were found.. ...
Healing the Wounds of Conflict and Disaster: Clarifying the Fate of Missing Persons in the OSCE Area | CSCE
The hearing examined efforts by governments and their partners in clarifying the fate of persons missing within a number of OSCE participating States and partner countries, especially in the western Balkans and northern Caucasus. The hearing also appraised the adequacy of assistance to governments and other entities engaged in locating missing persons, the obstacles that impede progress in some areas, as well as how rule of law mechanisms help governments fulfill their obligations to the affected families and society in clarifying the fate of missing persons.
Darius Miniotas missing person case - enhanced photo and additional details posted June 2021
MissingPersonsSearches.com is the worlds largest missing person database with over 11,000 active missing persons cases. Search our site by last name, location, alphabetically, or using the search box above. We update this site on a daily basis and appreciate donations of any amount. To help please follow this link. ...
Derrick Scott Wright missing person case - enhanced photo and additional details posted June 2021
MissingPersonsSearches.com is the worlds largest missing person database with over 11,000 active missing persons cases. Search our site by last name, location, alphabetically, or using the search box above. We update this site on a daily basis and appreciate donations of any amount. To help please follow this link. ...
Brooklyn Brewery war correspondents: Terry Anderson on the risks in Lebanon before his capture (VIDEO).
Slate has partnered with Brooklyn Brewery and RISC to bring its hit war correspondent interview series to our readers. In this fifth installment, Steve ...
THE EXILED - MANKINDS ONLY ALTERNATIVE » Pancho Montana - Mexican War on Drugs Correspondent
Pancho Montana is the eXiled Onlines Special Mexican War on Drugs Correspondent.. As a native of Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, located in northern Mexico, Mr. Montana lives in Gulf Cartel territory. That means the streets belong to the Zetas, a paramilitary organization trained by the Yankees and hired by the Gulf Cartel to keep things civilized and business booming. Although it could be that the Zetas wont be around for long… ...
The White House Correspondents Association is Incomprehensibly Full of Shit - The Bob and Chez Show | News and Politics...
On one hand, the Trump campaign has banned individual reporters and entire publications from his events. Trumps staff has physically assaulted several reporters. Trump himself has threatened retaliation against the parent companies of publications that run negative stories about him. Billionaire tech bro Peter Thiel, the man who has forced Gawker Media into bankruptcy through a series of lawsuits directly challenging the freedom of the press, will speak on behalf of Donald Trump at the GOP convention.. On the other hand, Hillary Clinton does not hold enough press conferences.. To equate these campaigns in this way is not just ludicrous, its irresponsible. This necessarily minimizes the way Trump has treated the media and if youre a reporter whos been assaulted at or banned from Trump events this must be very insulting.. As far as the correspondents association is concerned, the treatment of reporters whove been assaulted or banned is no worse than the treatment of their overpaid ...
Was WH Correspondents Dinner a middle finger to Trump? | On Air Videos | Fox News
Tucker takes on Jeff Mason, president of the White House Correspondents Association, and challenges him: Lets be frank here. The press hates Trump! #Tucker
During the 1999 air war against Yugoslavia,
Comments by Jared Israel (5-16-00). www.tenc.net [emperors-clothes]. During the war against Yugoslavia, Western politicians and the media claimed Yugoslav forces deliberately drove masses of ethnic Albanians out of Kosovo. They said it was planned in advance. Some opponents of bombing supported this view, engaging in a mock criticism of the US government, saying it demonstrated its callousness by bombing the Serbs when it knew the Serbs would then turn on the Albanians and drive them out. Thus NATO and its semi-opponents agreed: Albanians were forced out by the Serbs.. But were they?. In his article Cooking the books - NATOs claims of ethnic cleansing challenged, Michel Chossudovsky points out that according to official Western figures, relatively more Serbs than Albanians fled Kosovo during the bombing. Doesnt that utterly contradict the official ethnic-cleansing theory?. I have interviewed Ethnic Serbs, Jews and Albanians who say the Albanian refugees were in fact organized - and ordered - ...
Israeli Army Admits To White Phosphorus Use In Gaza, Claims Two Officers Were Disciplined - - IMEMC News
In its official response to the United Nations Report on potential war crimes committed during Israels invasion of the Gaza Strip last year, the Israeli military admitted that Israeli troops did fire white phosphorus artillery shells into a United Nations compound in violation of international law.During Israels 3-week long invasion of Gaza that began on December 27, 2008 and ended on January 20, 2009, journalists were prevented from entering Gaza by Israeli forces, and only months afterward were United Nations officials like South African Judge Richard Goldstone, and his delegation able to enter to examine the evidence of possible war crimes. Even so, the UN team did find evidence of hundreds of instances of possible war crimes by Israeli troops, and nearly 30 violations by Palestinian resistance fighters in Gaza. Richard Goldstone and his team called on both Israel and the Hamas government in Gaza to investigate these allegations.. The Israeli government issued its official response to the ...
Kelvin, Lord William Thomson | definition of Kelvin, Lord William Thomson by Medical dictionary
Looking for online definition of Kelvin, Lord William Thomson in the Medical Dictionary? Kelvin, Lord William Thomson explanation free. What is Kelvin, Lord William Thomson? Meaning of Kelvin, Lord William Thomson medical term. What does Kelvin, Lord William Thomson mean?
Americas New African Empire - CounterPunch.org
Now that the CIAs proxy army has murdered Gadhafi, what next for Libya?. If Washingtons plans succeed, Libya will become another American puppet state. Most of the cities, towns, and infrastructure have been destroyed by air strikes by the air forces of the US and Washingtons NATO puppets. US and European firms will now get juicy contracts, financed by US taxpayers, to rebuild Libya. The new real estate will be carefully allocated to lubricate a new ruling class picked by Washington. This will put Libya firmly under Washingtons thumb.. With Libya conquered, AFRICOM will start on the other African countries where China has energy and mineral investments. Obama has already sent US troops to Central Africa under the guise of defeating the Lords Resistance Army, a small insurgency against the ruling dictator-for-life. The Republican Speaker of the House, John Boehner, welcomed the prospect of yet another war by declaring that sending US troops into Central Africa furthers US national security ...
Best Uganda Jobs: 01/11/13
The Lords Resistance Army (LRA) continues to pose a regional threat for civilians, children and women, particularly in the Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo and South Sudan. While no longer present in Uganda, the Ugandan Armed Forces (UPDF) are actively pursuing the LRA within the sub-region, as part of a regional African Union military force. This forms part of a broader Regional Strategy on the LRA of the African Union and the United Nations (led by the UN Office for Central Africa (UNOCA)) developed in the Spring, 2012. In addition, some Ugandan children and women remain associated with the LRA, who are at times able to escape, are captured or otherwise left behind; these survivors are in need of support to return to Uganda and reintegrate within Ugandan society ...
Using feminist theory to understand male rape
Decades of feminist research have framed rape and sexual assault as a womens issue, leaving little room for the experiences of male victims. But a new study published in the Journal of Gender Studies suggests that feminist theory, with its focus on the gendered nature of rape, can also help us understand the stigmas, social constructions and realities associated with male rape.
African Union Troops | Voice of America - English
A renewed effort by African Union troops to fight the Lord Resistance Army in four countries has improved the lives of many civilians once terrorized by the rebels. But the thousands of people who once lived in constant fear, say that feeling never goes away. Marthe van der Wolf visits villages in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Central African Republic, and South Sudan and reports for VOA.
New York Times perpetuates myth Israel was fighting for its very survival during 1967 war | New Politics
On January 25, the New York Times posted an article by their Israel correspondent, Jodi Rudoren, about a new Israeli film, Censored Voices, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival this past weekend. Directed by Mor Loushy, Censored Voices is the latest in a series of movies by leftist Israeli filmmakers who have won awards abroad by presenting harsh looks at their own society. The film deals with Israeli war crimes committed during the 1967 war between Israel and Egypt, Syria, and Jordan. But while Rudorens article performs a valuable service in drawing attention to the film, it also perpetuates one of the main myths about that war.. Based largely on interviews with Israeli soldiers-conducted in 1967, and heavily censored at the time-Censored Voices documents Israeli soldiers summarily executing prisoners and evacuating Arab villages in a manner that one fighter likened to the Nazis treatment of European Jews. Israeli atrocities in that war have been known for quite a while, ...
Crimes against humanity | Amnesty International UK
For years, Iranian inside and outside the country have been trying to collect enough evidence to present to the International Court of Human rights so that the Court considers the crimes committed by the Iranian regime as crimes against humanity. The list of crimes goes back to the begining of the establishment of the Islamic regime in 1979 and throughout the 1980s, especially the systematic mass killings of thousands of prisoners in 1988 and the so-called ´´chain-killings´´ of 1990s and the recent atrocities of post-presidential elections.. On 28 August 2009, a group of Iranians gathered at the International Criminal Court in the Hague, where executive members of the Committee Against Execution and Stoning had a press conference and then met up with the Court authorities and presented their dossier and urges the Court to consider the atrocities by the Islamic regime as crimes against humanity. The representative of the Counrt promised to look at the evidence and send a file number to the ...
Church leaders decry atrocities a Congolese fight over minerals: Nearly 200,000 displaced | The Christian Century
A prominent minister told African religious leaders meeting in Uganda that the crisis in the Democratic Republic of Congo in which civilians are suffering heavy atrocities was triggered by a conflict over natural resources.
If America has a free press, why dont you know about the Obama regimes atrocities in Ukraine? - PaulCraigRoberts.org
If America has a free press, why dont you know about the Obama regimes atrocities in Ukraine? It might not be possible for most Americans ever to
These practices are crimes against humanity and war crimes. Rape is also recognized as an element of the crime of genocide when ... Now it will be considered a war crime. We want to send out a strong message that rape is no longer a trophy of war." In Aydin v ... International Crime on Statistics and Justice by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) find that worldwide, most ... "International Statistics on Crime and Justice" (PDF). www.unodc.org. United Nations Office on Drugs and Crimes.CS1 maint: ...
Anderson, Kenneth (1999). "Reprisal killings". In Gutman, Roy; Rieff, David; Anderson, Kenneth (eds.). Crimes of War: What the ... "CHAPTER 8 - REMEDIES FOR VIOLATION OF INTERNATIONAL LAW; WAR CRIMES". ihl-databases.icrc.org. Retrieved 2016-10-10. Anderson ... Reprisals in the laws of war are extremely limited, as they commonly breach the rights of non-combatants, an action outlawed by ... prisoners of war, and protected persons (civilian or military), as well as certain buildings and property. An additional 1977 ...
Jodl was accused of conspiracy to commit crimes against peace; planning, initiating and waging wars of aggression; war crimes; ... initiating and waging wars of aggression; war crimes; and crimes against humanity at the Allied-organised Nuremberg trials. The ... throughout World War II. After the war, Jodl was indicted on charges of conspiracy to commit crimes against peace; planning, ... In the build-up to the Second World War, Jodl was nominally assigned as a commander of the 44th Division from October 1938 to ...
... initiating and waging wars of aggression and other crimes against peace; war crimes; and crimes against humanity. The tribunal ... including war crimes, crimes against humanity, and crimes against the Jewish people. He was convicted in December 1961 and ... After the war, 23 senior physicians and other medical personnel were charged at Nuremberg with crimes against humanity. They ... The pre-war Greek Jewish population had been between 72,000-77,000. By the end of the war, some 10,000 remained, representing ...
... initiating and waging wars of aggression; war crimes; and crimes against humanity. During the trial, Gustave Gilbert, an ... At the Nuremberg trials, Seyss-Inquart was found guilty of war crimes and crimes against humanity, sentenced to death, and ... In his final statement, Seyss-Inquart denied knowledge of various war crimes including the shooting of hostages, and said that ... During World War I, Seyss-Inquart fought for the Austro-Hungarian Army with distinction. After the war he became a successful ...
After the war, he was convicted of crimes against peace; planning, initiating and waging wars of aggression; war crimes; and ... initiating and waging wars of aggression; war crimes; and crimes against humanity. The final judgment against him named him one ... thechaplainkit.com/history/chaplains-at-war/world-war-2/i-walked-to-the-gallows-with-the-nazi-chiefs/ Cecil, 1972, s. 85 Cecil ... During the war, Rosenberg was in favour of collaboration with the East Slavs against Bolshevism and offering them national ...
Center for Justice and Accountability
The charges included torture; crimes against humanity; arbitrary detention; cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment; war crimes ... crimes against humanity, war crimes and torture. In 2001, the Princeton Principles on Universal Jurisdiction, defined universal ... Mehinovic v. Vuckovic (War crimes and ethnic cleansing) This case was filed on behalf of Bosnian Muslims tortured by a Bosnian ... Chavez v. Carranza (Salvadoran Civil War crimes) Filed on December 10, 2003, the suit aimed to hold Colonel Carranza ...
Amnesty International's extensive research ... led it to conclude that ... some of the actions amounted to ... war crimes. " ... Only two of the country's wars - the War of Independence and the Yom Kippur War - have claimed more Israeli lives than this ... In the Six-Day War, 803 Israelis lost their lives, while the War of Attrition claimed 738 Israeli lives along the borders with ... The Seventh War: How We Won and Why We Lost in the War with the Palestinians] (in Hebrew). Tel-Aviv: Yediot Aharonot. pp. 257- ...
Alien Tort Statute
Courts have found torture; cruel, inhuman, or degrading treatment; genocide; war crimes; crimes against humanity; summary ... that "customary international law has steadfastly rejected the notion of corporate liability for international crimes" and thus ... crimes against humanity; and torture or cruel, inhuman, and degrading treatment. The district court then certified its entire ...
... war crimes; and two counts of crimes against humanity. Ntuyahaga pleaded not guilty. However, on 18 March 1999 the ICTR dropped ...
National Archives Trow, M. J. (2008). War Crimes. Barnsley: Pen & Sword. ISBN 978-1-84415-728-0. Jack Trevor at IMDb Central ... Claiming to have won the Military Cross serving with the Manchester Regiment during World War I, during World War II he made ...
War Crimes Trials. Protocol 3309, SS Female Overseers in Auschwitz She regularly moved between the Auschwitz I camp and ... After the war, many survivors testified of her notoriously brutal beatings. She carried out indoor selections wearing a white ... "Auschwitz Concentration Camp". Female Nazi war criminals. Capital Punishment UK. Retrieved 10 August 2012. Margot Drexler (1908 ... was a prison guard at Nazi concentration camps during World War II. Before her enlistment as an SS auxiliary, she worked at an ...
Crimes of War. Crimes of War Education Project. Archived from the original on 2011-11-17. Orend, Brian (2008). "War". The ... The law of war-the law of nations, as applied to a state of war, particularly defining rights and duties of the belligerent ... The right of war; those actions that may be done without injustice, in regard to an enemy. Jus bellum dicendi. The right of ... The right of the sword; the executory power of the law; the right, power, or prerogative of punishing for crime. 4 Bl. Comm. ...
List of denaturalized former citizens of the United States
Key of reasons Hiding World War II crimes or association with Nazis Serious crimes, suspicion of spying for the communists, or ... the federal government has stripped 107 people of citizenship for alleged involvement in war crimes committed during World War ... "War crimes proceedings". The Baltic Times. July 13, 2000. Richard Lacayo; Anne Constable & Jeanne McDowell (April 20, 1987). " ... Mike Carter (July 18, 2008). "War-crime cases take years to sort out". The Seattle Times. Braham, Randolph L. (1983). ...
Just War, Leve en Masse, and Jus ad Bellum Jus in Bello in Roy Gutman and David Rieff, eds., Crimes of War. New York, W.W. ... The Conception of Justice in War: from Grotius to Modern Times, in R. Sorabji and D. Rodin (eds), The Ethics of War: Shared ... Her research is on 18th and 19th century political thought, the laws of war, and the contemporary history and politics of ... Traditions of War: Occupation, Resistance, and the Law, Oxford University Press, 2005 (paperback edition). The Statebuilding ...
Cataldi was also one of the founders of the Crimes of War Project, together with five others including previous Chief ... After returning from Somalia, Cataldi obtained a job at Italian magazine Panorama as a war correspondent from Sarajevo, which ... "Crimes of War". "La Repubblica". "La Repubblica".. ... "dedicated to raising public awareness of the laws of war and ...
"Crimes of War - Sanctions". Crimes of War. 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2014. Official website Tom Gjelten biography at NPR.org ... ISBN 0-06-092662-7 Contributor to Crimes of War: What the Public Should Know (W. W. Norton, 1999. Revised (2.0) 2007) ISBN 0- ... Gjelten and his colleagues at NPR received a Peabody Award in 2004 for "The War in Iraq". Gjelten is a graduate of the ... ISBN 978-0-670-01978-6 Professionalism in War Reporting: A Correspondent's View (Carnegie Corporation, 1998) ASIN B0006FCMB4 ...
6] Archived February 19, 2008, at the Wayback Machine "Crimes of War". Crimes of War. Archived from the original on 2013-12-07 ...
Mcgeary, Johanna (1999-06-28). "Crimes Of War". TIME. Retrieved 2016-01-13. "UNDER ORDERS: War Crimes in Kosovo - 4. March-June ... During World War II Peja was occupied by the Italian puppet state of Albania. After the war, Peja again became part of ... It was destroyed during World War II and the Kosovo War. It has been fully rebuilt. Bajrakli Mosque, Ottoman-built mosque in ... After World War I, the city became part of Yugoslavia (at first officially called the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes). ...
Civil Defense Patrols
"Civil Patrol". Crimes of War. Crimes of War Project. Retrieved 2015-11-03. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Military ... The Civil Defense Patrols were both responsible for and the victims of war crimes. Males as young as eight years old were ... The patrols officially stopped 29 December 1996 under the terms of the peace treaty that ended the war, though some of the ... Between 1980 and 1981, the highlands were a war zone, as villages had organized in order to defend themselves and demand basic ...
Battle of Rumaila
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Daniel Forbes (2000-05-15). "Gulf War crimes?". Salon.com. Retrieved 2013-12-21. CS1 ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Richard S. Lowry, The Gulf War Chronicles: A Military History of the First War With ... "Wages of War - Appendix 2: Iraqi Combatant and Noncombatant Fatalities in the 1991 Gulf War". Comw.org. Retrieved 2013-12-21. ... Despite some of the most fierce resistance of the war, the 24th Infantry Division destroyed the Iraqi formations and captured ...
Act on the Institute of National Remembrance
... communist crimes, and other offenses constituting crimes against peace, crimes against humanity or war crimes, committed ... of crimes against peace or humanity; of war crimes; and of political repression-all these being listed in Sections 1 a and 1 b ... The Act on the Institute of National Remembrance - Commission for the Prosecution of Crimes against the Polish Nation (Polish: ... Koposov, Nikolay (2017). Memory Laws, Memory Wars: The Politics of the Past in Europe and Russia. Cambridge University Press. p ...
Forbes, Daniel (May 15, 2000). "Gulf War Crimes?". Salon. (undated) National Security Experts Blog  National Journal Tan, ... When it came time to launch the ground war, McCaffrey issued a top secret attack order that seemed like a call to a holy war ... We're not going to fight a war of attrition, or a limited war. It was a revelation. He saw now that the Army was going to play ... leading to decisive battle victory in the Persian Gulf War and also putting troops in place for the final battle of the war. In ...
2012 Israeli operation in the Gaza Strip
Alleged war crimes. Hamas. Targeting of civilians. Both U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and U.N. High Commissioner for Human ... foreign ministers of member-states accused Israel of perpetrating war crimes and crimes against humanity. ... "Turkey and Iran accuse Israel of 'ethnic cleansing' and 'war crimes' in Gaza". Al Arabiya. 20 November 2012. Archived from the ... International humanitarian law prohibits deliberate attacks on civilians, and intentional violations can be war crimes. ...
Institute for War and Peace Reporting. 24 April 2012.. *. Feinstein, Anthony (21 June 2015). "Capturing A War Crime". The Globe ... Cigar, Norman L.; Williams, Paul (2002). Indictment at the Hague: The Milosevic Regime and Crimes of the Balkan Wars. New York ... Gow, James (2003). The Serbian Project and its Adversaries: A Strategy of War Crimes. London: C. Hurst & Co. ISBN 978-1-85065- ... and the Serbian War Crimes Prosecutor's Office were able to verify between 48 and 78 deaths. Post-war investigations have ...
History of the Jews in Latvia
War crimes trials. This section does not cite any sources. Please help improve this section by adding citations to ... Swain, Geoff, Between Stalin and Hitler: class war and race war on the Dvina. RoutledgeCurzon, 2004. ... During the war years, many of them were expelled to the interior of Russia, while others escaped from the war zone.[citation ... Before World War I there were about 190,000 Jews in the territories of Latvia (7.4% of the total population). ...
Mau Mau Uprising
War crimes. Main article: List of war crimes § 1952-1960: Mau Mau uprising ... War crimes have been broadly defined by the Nuremberg principles as "violations of the laws or customs of war", which includes ... British war crimes. We knew the slow method of torture [at the Mau Mau Investigation Center] was worse than anything we ... Mau Mau war crimes. Mau Mau fighters, . . . contrary to African customs and values, assaulted old people, women and ...
Long-range reconnaissance patrol
"Vietnam war crimes". socialistworker.org. Retrieved 20 April 2018. Sallah and Weiss, Tiger Force, 13-14, 23, 224. Mahr, "Unit's ... After World War 2, during the Cold War, the main LRRP unit was the "Col Moschin" Parachute Assault Company (later battalion and ... Missing or empty ,title= (help) Sinai, Tamir (8 December 2020). "Eyes on target: 'Stay-behind' forces during the Cold War". War ... Stanton, Shelby L., Rangers at War, Ivy Books: New York (1992), ISBN 0804108757, pps. 13-16. Stanton, Shelby L., Rangers at War ...
... should have been tried for war crimes. The debate over Hirohito's responsibility for war crimes concerns how much real ... and involvement in World War II. After Japan's surrender he was not prosecuted for war crimes as many other leading government ... Before the war crime trials actually convened, the SCAP, the IPS, and Japanese officials worked behind the scenes not only to ... Accountability for Japanese war crimes. Some historians believe Emperor Hirohito was directly responsible for the atrocities ...
As of 2010, the property crime rate in the community was 4.6% compared to 5.45% for Harris County as a whole. The violent crime ... Serious talk of merging the three cities began shortly after World War I, but the community of Baytown was opposed to this idea ...
Arya Samaj in Singapore
In 1942 till 1945, during the Second World War the activities of the Arya Samaj was interrupted by the Japanese occupation of ...
United States Merchant Marine Academy
"Crime Awareness and Campus Security: Campus Crime Report". USMMA. Retrieved July 3, 2013.. [permanent dead link] ... During the Persian Gulf War in early 1991, and for many months prior to the war, both academy graduates and midshipmen played ... The academy accelerated graduating classes during the Korean War and the Vietnam War. It was involved in such programs as ... was the first graduate to give his life for his country due to enemy action during a war since the Vietnam War. Since that time ...
Battles/wars. Vietnam War. Cambodian Civil War. This article contains Khmer text. Without proper rendering support, you may see ... and stated that the Khmer Rouge's leaders should be put on trial for their crimes. When Samphân arrived in Phnom Penh with ... Cambodian Civil WarEdit. Main article: Cambodian Civil War. Against SihanoukEdit. In January 1968, the war was launched with an ... Amid the broader First Indochina War in neighboring French Indochina, Cambodia was in a civil war, with civilian massacres ...
550 million which were due to the Pakistan government, but were being held back due to the Indo-Pakistani War of 1947. ... "Crimes and punishments : court proceedings of Vijayanagara empire with special reference to Tamil country". doi:10.9780/ ...
Typically, claims due to floods or war (whose definition typically includes a nuclear explosion from any source) are excluded ...
Wikipedia:In the news/Candidates/December 2006
Could someone more familiar with the Somali Civil War take a look at this article, please ? Thanks in advance.) --PFHLai 02:37 ... In the Netherlands, a country with a crime rate comparable to that of the UK, there are four murders every week. This event in ... Ethiopian planes bomb Somalia as it admits its troops are at war with the Islamic Courts Union. --TheFEARgod (Ч) 13:20, 24 ... Nepal adopts a new national coat of arm as a gesture of reconciliation after the Nepalese Civil War. -- PFHLai 20:37, 30 ...
See also: War crimes of the Wehrmacht and Clean Wehrmacht. The Nazi invasion of the Soviet Union codenamed Operation Barbarossa ... Excerpt from episode "Apocalypse: The Second World War". NGC Europe Limited.. *^ Longerich (2010), pp. 198, 238, 347. See also ... The Final Solution or the Final Solution to the Jewish Question was a Nazi plan for the genocide of Jews during World War II. ... The outbreak of war and the invasion of Poland brought a population of 3.5 million Polish Jews under the control of the Nazi ...
WikiProject Cold War. (Rated Start-class). Cold WarWikipedia:WikiProject Cold WarTemplate:WikiProject Cold WarCold War articles ... Miacek and his crime-fighting dog (woof!) 16:56, 29 March 2011 (UTC). Major restructure. I don't think there is concensus ... This article is within the scope of WikiProject Cold War, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of the Cold War on ... "War" cannot be started with a permbanned user. All article edits by banned users are to be reverted immediately, despite the ...
Small Crimes Dan Pleasant Scooby-Doo! Shaggy's Showdown Rafe (voice) Direct-to-DVD ... Episode: "War Zone" 2011 True Blood Earl Stackhouse Episode: "She's Not There" ...
It also listed information necessary to defend Saif al-Islam against International Criminal Court war crimes charges. ... Kucinich defended Assad's actions in the Syrian Civil War. Asked how he could defend a war criminal, Kucinich said that ... He has also voted consistently against funding the war.. In a visit to the rest of the Middle East in September 2007, ... Kucinich supports same-sex marriage. Kucinich voted for the expansion of hate crime laws in the United States and against ...
HM Prison Pentridge
John Zarb - the first person to be found guilty of having failed to comply with his call up notice during the Vietnam War. ... "True Crime Scene details the escapes from Pentridge Prison in its 140-year history". Herald Sun. News Corp Australia ...
Fair Sentencing Act
473 Effectiveness of the War on Drugs, Drug Policy Alliance, accessed October 17, 2010. Johnson, Carrie (October 16, 2009). " ... and a better course of action would have been to instead raise the penalties for powder cocaine crimes." The Fair Sentencing ... crack cocaine was associated with violent crime; youth were more likely to be drawn to crack cocaine; crack cocaine was ... in 1994 after a year-long study on the differing penalties for powder and crack cocaine required by the Omnibus Violent Crime ...
World War I. As America entered the World War in 1917, Niebuhr was the unknown pastor of a small German-speaking ... Stealing atomic secrets is an unprecedented crime." ... Kenneth Waltz, Man, the State, and War, p. 33 *^ Bacevich ... However, he opposed the Vietnam War. At the outbreak of World War II, the pacifist component of his liberalism was ... During the war, he also served his denomination as Executive Secretary of the War Welfare Commission, while maintaining his ...
"Casualties of War". Milan Cheylov. Dan Dworkin & Jay Beattie. October 18, 2010 (2010-10-18) (NBC). 6.42. ... Sean refuses, telling Dempsey that his only goal will be to stop him and make him pay for his crimes. Dempsey approvingly ... Near the end of World War II, a craft of undetermined origin crashed in the Brooks Range of northern Alaska. It carried ...
Because of the many wars in the region, some Christians were concerned that access to the tomb might become difficult. ... Nicholas became the patron saint of prisoners and those falsely accused of crimes. An index finger claimed to belong to ...
This is the reason for Patton Park, a park made famous by the installation of an M4 Sherman full-sized World War II tank on ... General George S. Patton (1885-1945), known for his exploits in World War II, resided in Hamilton. ... built the Community House in memory of the eight men in Hamilton and Wenham who died in military service during World War I, ...
The resulting influx of miners became one of the triggers of the Second Boer War of 1899-1902. ... "The Crime of 1873: Gold Inflation this time". FX Micheloud Monetary History. François Micheloud: www.micheloud.com. Archived ...
Lista de episódios de Two and a Half Men - Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre
"Two and a Half Deaths" (episódio de CSI: Crime Scene Investigation ligado a Two and a Half Men) foi incluído como episódio ... "The War Against Gingivitis". 27 de Fevereiro de 2012. 195 - 918 "Palmdale, Ech". 19 de Março de 2012. 196 - 919 ...
Started the Iraq War, and Still Imperils America's Future. Simon & Schuster. pp. 172-173. ISBN 978-0-7432-8075-4.. ... supported politicians who promised to curb illegal immigration and crack down on crime but inadvertently also voted for ...
East New York, Brooklyn
Despite the decline of crime compared to their peaks during the crack and heroin epidemics, violent crime continues to be ... After World War II, thousands of manufacturing jobs left New York City thereby increasing the importance of the remaining jobs ... The 75th Precinct has a lower crime rate than in the 1990s, with crimes across all categories having decreased by 73.1% between ... The 75th Precinct ranked 53rd safest out of 69 patrol areas for per-capita crime in 2010. While total crime has decreased since ...
Commercial sexual exploitation of children
IACAC - International Agency for Crimes Against Children - Child Exploitation, Trafficking, & Cyber Crimes Tactical Initiative ... "During the Vietnam War, the U.S. military developed 'recreation and rest centers,' a type of government -subsidized tourist ... Organized crime and freelance pornographers.. Primarily freelance pornographers, with some work hired out on contractual basis ... "Global Report on Trafficking in Persons 2012." United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. N.p., n.d. Web. 8 Oct. 2013. ...
Death of Leah Betts
War on drugs. References. *^ "Deaths England and Wales 1984-2006". Findmypast.com. Retrieved 27 August 2017.. .mw-parser- ... Crime in Essex. Hidden categories: *CS1 maint: archived copy as title. *Use dmy dates from November 2017 ... a b c Carey, Jim (March 1997). Recreational Drug Wars: Alcohol Versus Ecstasy - referenced from the book Ecstasy Reconsidered, ... "Recreational Drug Wars: Alcohol Versus Ecstasy". www.ecstacy.org. Retrieved 27 June 2013.. ...
Presbyterian Church in the United States of America
During World War I, the PCUSA was a leading contributor to the work of the Federal Council's General War-Time Commission, which ... and more effective ways to address vice and crime in order to advance the kingdom of God." After a reorganization in 1908, ... Slavery dispute and Civil War division. Portrait of Gardiner Spring, pastor of Brick Presbyterian Church and 55th ... Even before the war, many Presbyterian felt that the single synod system was no longer adequate to meet the needs of a ...
Wat Phra Dhammakaya
"In Hackett, Rosalind I.J. Proselytization Revisited: Rights Talk, Free Markets and Culture Wars. Routledge. p. 247. ISBN 978-1- ... questioned the practicality of using so much resources to arrest one person for acknowledging a charge of a non-violent crime.[ ... "In Hackett, Rosalind I.J. Proselytization Revisited: Rights Talk, Free Markets and Culture Wars. Routledge. pp. 79-82, 87-91. ... a governing monk charged with communist insurgency during the Cold War. The latter was jailed and defrocked, but was ...
Calling Dr. Kildare
The War Against Mrs. Hadley (1942). *The Adventures of Tartu (1943). *Dragon Seed (1944) ... American crime drama films. *Films directed by Harold S. Bucquet. *Films set in New York City ...
Fedorenko v. United States
Dienstag, Abbe L. (1982), "Fedorenko v. United States: War Crimes, the Defense of Duress, and American Nationality Law", ...
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. The State of the United Arab Emirates. Retrieved 1 December 2017.. ... "YouTube - Khat Power: The Latest War On Drugs". Youtube.com. Retrieved 24 January 2014.. ... The ACMD said there was "no evidence" khat was directly linked with serious or organised crime, and was chewed to obtain a " ... "United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime. Archived from the original on 30 August 2003.. ...
Ellis Island Immigrant Hospital
World War I: 1917-1920. The Hospitals were closed to immigrants for two years during World War I because immigration had ... committing crimes or being identified as political dissidents - anarchists principally. These were called Warrant Cases. They ... The medical staff were all still commissioned officers in the PHS, but the facility was run by the War Department. The few ... Early in the US involvement in World War I Ellis Island was used as an equipping and embarkation facility for the U.S. Navy. ...
War crimes | Hosted
... crimes against humanity and war crimes in the Balkan nations 1992-95 war, lost his final legal battle Tuesday when U.N. judges ... Latest War crimes News. Afghan Hazaras being killed at school, play, even at birth. Jun. 11, 2021 13:00 PM EDT ... UN court upholds genocide, war crimes convictions of former Bosnian Serb military chief Ratko Mladic in final appeal. Jun. 08, ... THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) - UN court upholds genocide, war crimes convictions of former Bosnian Serb military chief Ratko ...
War crimes | Hosted
Latest War crimes News. Sri Lanka says it will withdraw from UN rights resolution. Feb. 19, 2020 6:50 AM EST ... 11 attacks sought Friday to minimize the severity of techniques used on the men facing war crimes charges for their alleged ... Ex-militiaman arrested in Guatemala in war crimes case. Jan. 29, 2020 5:49 PM EST ... resolution calling for the investigation of allegations of war crimes committed during the island nations long civil war. ...
Remembering War Crimes - WSJ
Japanese war crimes are in the spotlight on both sides of the Pacific. It is a scrutiny long overdue, for reasons that become ... More than half a century after the end of World War II, ... Japanese war crimes are in the spotlight on both sides of the ... They see the memorial, which honors Japans 2.6 million war dead and also enshrines war criminals like wartime Prime Minister ... More than half a century after the end of World War II, ...
War Crimes Trials
Lauterpacht defined the three crimes in the charter: crimes against peace, war crimes, and crimes against humanity. In his ... "crimes against peace" or war crimes - in other words with crimes committed after the outbreak of the war. Consequently, no ... eliminated the connection between crimes against humanity and the two remaining crimes (crimes against peace and war crimes), ... Roosevelts Statement on War Crimes (10/7/42). US Archives on War Crimes - Update on Waldheim Case, U.S. Mission to the UN (4/ ...
Norway court cancels Bosnian's war crimes sentence
... saying the countrys war crimes law could not be applied retroactively. ... Norways Supreme Court on Friday cancelled the sentencing for war crimes of a Bosnian-born man, ... Norway court cancels Bosnians war crimes sentence Norways Supreme Court on Friday cancelled the sentencing for war crimes of ... On Friday, Norways Supreme Court cancelled the sentence outright, saying Norways war crimes law, which came into force in ...
Bangladesh's watershed war crimes moment - BBC News
The first war crimes verdict in Bangladesh marks a watershed in the countrys tortuous history, where for 40 years families of ... Tribunals set up nearly three years ago are trying alleged war crimes committed during the countrys independence war against ... The BNPs tactic has been to support the need to bring perpetrators of war crimes to justice, with a warning that the trials ... Bangladesh was unable to put on trial Pakistani officers accused of war crimes as they were released as part of a broader peace ...
War Crime Captures | WIRED
NATO Secretary-General Javier Solana said the arrests were intended as a warning to others accused of war crimes - you can run ... NATO forces in Bosnia captured two Bosnian Croat men sought by the international war crimes tribunal. Vlatko Kupreskic, accused ... War Crime Captures. With a hail of bullets this morning, NATO forces in Bosnia captured two Bosnian Croat men sought by the ... NATO Secretary-General Javier Solana said the arrests were intended as a warning to others accused of war crimes - you can run ...
Russian war crimes - Wikipedia
Soviet war crimes Russian irredentism Cold War II List of wars involving Russia List of massacres in Russia "No progress in ... Russian war crimes are the violations of the law of war, including the Hague Conventions of 1899 and 1907 and the Geneva ... Numerous war crimes were recorded, mostly by the Russian armed forces. During the two wars, the Chechens were dehumanized and ... The Second Chechen War led to another round of war crimes and attacks against civilians. The 1999 Elistanzhi cluster bomb ...
War crimes trial - Wikipedia
... crimes against peace, that is, crimes involving the planning, initiating, and waging a war of aggression; war crimes, that is, ... After World War I, a small number of German personnel were tried by a German court in the Leipzig War Crimes Trials for crimes ... The crimes indicted included grave breaches of the Geneva Conventions, war crimes, crimes against humanity, and genocide; it ... A war crimes trial is the trial of persons charged with criminal violation of the laws and customs of war and related ...
France Arrests Srebrenica War Crimes Suspect
War crimes prosecutor Del Ponte joins Syria probe
... war crimes prosecutor Carla Del Ponte to its independent panel probing alleged war crimes in Syrias 18-month conflict. ... war crimes prosecutor Carla Del Ponte to its independent panel probing alleged war crimes in Syrias 18-month conflict. ... The collected evidence could one day be used in a war crimes tribunal hearing - although none is so far planned at the ... Del Ponte, a former Swiss attorney general, has previously served as prosecutor of the international war crimes tribunals ...
BBC News | EUROPE | Analysis: Croatia and war crimes
The international war crimes tribunals assurances that it will not indict Croatian General Mirko Norac are a gesture of ... He is a war hero to some but a war crimes suspect to others - and he is now being tried for possible involvement in the killing ... a development that other war crimes suspects may regard with envy. Prime Minister Racan is forcing Croats to re-think the war ... the population was taught to believe that no Croats could possibly have committed any war crimes. They were in a war in which ...
Justice sought for Darfur war crimes - latimes
The ABA attorneys and judges came with lectures on recognizing and documenting war crimes and genocide; tips on how to prepare ... Justice sought for Darfur war crimes. American lawyers meet with their Sudanese counterparts to help prepare them for upcoming ... program that aimed to train the African lawyers to gather witnesses and evidence for upcoming war crimes prosecutions. ... U.S. on Paper Trail to War Crimes Evidence. April 11, 2003 ... to hold perpetrators responsible for war crimes and crimes ...
Did We Do War Crimes? | National Review
... are less interested in war crimes than in prosecuting the U.S. for committing war crimes. The question of U.S. responsibility ... Did We Do War Crimes? By William F. Buckley Jr. * About William F. Buckley Jr. ... because there are people circling the scene who are very anxious to prosecute the United States for war crimes. These people, ... War in the Desert, 21st-Century Style. By Seth J. Frantzman The explosive sound of an Israeli Merkava IV tank firing ...
Karadzic Shuns War Crimes Trial, Tribunal Adjourns
He faces 11 charges of genocide, war crimes, and crimes against humanity for his role in the 1992-95 Bosnian war -- a conflict ... A view of the empty seat where Radovan Karadzic was supposed to sit while attending the start of his trial at the War Crimes ... But Mladic remains on the run, one of only two indicted war crimes suspects still sought by the UN court. The other is Goran ... Thats a trait war Karadzic shared with pre-war Karadzic, a trait which by then had grown to monstrous.. Prosecutors Alan ...
OHCHR | War Crimes and Crimes Against Humanity
Considering that war crimes and crimes against humanity are among the gravest crimes in international law, ... Noting that the application to war crimes and crimes against humanity of the rules of municipal law relating to the period of ... No statutory limitation shall apply to the following crimes, irrespective of the date of their commission: (a) War crimes as ... Convention on the Non-Applicability of Statutory Limitations to War Crimes and Crimes Against Humanity. Adopted and opened for ...
Shedding Light on War Crimes | National Archives
3 , Spotlight on NARA List of members of the Nazi War Crimes and Japanese Imperial Government Records Interagency Working Group ... Hideki Tojo, former Japanese premier and war minister, takes the stand during the Japanese war crimes trials. (NARA, NRE-338- ... World War II era, the cold war. These files add to the understanding of U.S. intelligence during the cold war and show how the ... The authority for the IWG is derived from two acts of Congress: the Nazi War Crimes Disclosure Act of 1998 and the Japanese ...
Hussein War Crimes Trial | C-SPAN.org
They also talked about investigating war crimes, the nature of a tribunal to prosecute war criminals, and the role of the Iraqi ... how to try him for his crimes against humanity, and the future of Iraqi politics. ... They also talked about investigating war crimes, the nature of a tribunal to prosecute war criminals, and the role of the Iraqi ... They also talked about investigating war crimes, the nature of a tribunal to prosecute war criminals, and the role of the Iraqi ...
War Crimes Charged As Misrata Battles : NPR
The struggle for the western Libyan city of Misrata continues amid reports of war crimes by forces loyal to Moammar Gadhafi. ... War Crimes Charged As Misrata Battles The struggle for the western Libyan city of Misrata continues amid reports of war crimes ... The struggle for the western Libyan city of Misrata continues amid reports of war crimes by forces loyal to Moammar Gadhafi. ... The struggle for the western Libyan city of Misrata continues today amid reports that war crimes have been committed by forces ...
Bashar al-Assad's War Crimes, Exposed | The New Yorker
Before the war, Caesar and his colleagues had documented crime scenes and traffic accidents involving military personnel in ... In 2002, he travelled to Kigali to investigate war crimes in Rwanda, and the following year he moved to the eastern region of ... After the first few training sessions, Wiley invited Stephen Rapp, at that time the U.S. Ambassador-at-Large for War Crimes ... The case is the first international war-crimes investigation completed by an independent agency like the CIJA, funded by ...
The words War Criminal and War Crimes are being waved about by Members of Parliament, anti-war activists and British ... The words War Criminal and War Crimes are being waved about by Members of Parliament, anti-war activists and British ... Tony Blair Faces War Crimes Accusations Are Obama And Holder Taking Aim At Bush/Cheney?. 01/27/2010 12:27:29 PM PST · by ... Tony Blair Faces War Crimes Accusations - Are Obama And Holder Taking Aim At Bush/Cheney?. 01/27/2010 12:50:36 PM PST · by ...
The War Crimes Trump Can't Pardon | The Nation
... but the officials responsible for our disastrous wars already have free passes. ... The president is considering pardons for military members accused of war crimes, ... In short (and logically enough), no war, no war crimes. "War crimes"-violations of the laws of war such as mistreatment, ... Vietnam War. The War Crimes Trump Cant Pardon. The War Crimes Trump Cant Pardon. The president is considering pardons for ...
Taylor's lawyer storms out of war crimes court
The defence lawyer for former Liberian president Charles Taylor defied the Sierra Leone war crimes court on Tuesday, walking ... The defence lawyer for former Liberian president Charles Taylor defied the Sierra Leone war crimes court on Tuesday, walking ... Taylor, the first African ruler to stand trial for war crimes, is charged with instigating murder, rape, mutilation, sexual ... The accused is rightly before you as the man most responsible for the crimes with which he is charged. The evidence proves ...
Mladic war crimes trial suspended again - France 24
The UN war crimes tribunal for the former Yugoslavia announced on Monday that the trial of former Bosnian Serb general Ratko ... The UN war crimes tribunal for the former Yugoslavia announced on Monday that the trial of former Bosnian Serb general Ratko ... REUTERS - The U.N. war crimes tribunal for the former Yugoslavia said on Monday the trial of Bosnian Serb general Ratko Mladic ... Mladic, who has refused to enter a plea, is the last of the main figures in the Balkan wars of the 1990s to go on trial at the ...
Bangladesh Tycoon to be Executed for War Crimes
War crimes court in Dhaka finds Mir Quasem Ali guilty of charges stemming from nations independence war against Pakistan in ... The war crimes court in Dhaka found Mir Quasem Ali guilty Sunday for crimes committed during the nations independence war ... The government said the trials will heal the wounds of the 1971 war. Human rights groups said the war crimes tribunal does not ... Last week, the same court sentenced to death the partys leader, Motiur Rahman Nizami, for war crimes. ...
Opening the Files on War Crimes | National Archives
... records on Nazi and Japanese war crimes and war criminals in World War II and the Cold War ... National Archives Collection of World War II War Crimes Records, RG 238) The government panel charged with declassifying U.S. ... records on Nazi and Japanese war crimes and war criminals in World War II and the Cold War completed its mission this year ... Researching Japanese War Crimes is a three-part publication consisting of Researching Japanese War Crimes: Introductory Essays ...
UN's Falk: Israel committed war crimes in Gaza
War crimes probe. Falk called for an independent experts group to probe possible war crimes committed by both Israeli forces ... "If it is not possible to do so, then launching the attacks is inherently unlawful and would seem to constitute a war crime of ... for war crimes in Gaza, noting Israel has not signed the Rome statutes establishing the International Criminal Court. ... This denial of peoples right to flee the war zone as refugees may also constitute a crime against humanity, he said. ...
United States "Unsigning" Treaty on War Crimes Court
U.S.: Waiver Needed for War Crimes Court U.S. in New Fight Against War Crimes Court ... The court will try people accused of genocide, crimes against humanity, and war crimes. All of Western Europe and virtually ... www.hrw.org/news/2002/05/06/united-states-unsigning-treaty-war-crimes-court ... 2000 signature on the treaty to create a permanent war crimes tribunal. "The administration is putting itself on the wrong side ...
War Crimes and Crimes against Humanity
A student-led march on May 4, 1919, to protest the decision by World War I Allied powers that allowed Japan to take over ... especially the atrocities Japan committed during its World War II-era occupation of China. ... education system stress the indignities suffered at the hands of foreign powers from the mid-19th century through World War II ...
War Crimes and Crimes against Humanity
The same year saw the unauthorized establishment, also on private Palestinian land, of two outposts in the Ofra-Beit El area - Pisgat Yaakov and Emunah. In the initial years after their establishment, these two outposts received funding to the tune of more than NIS 6 million, half of which came from the Housing Ministry. The Horsha outpost, set up that same year on land whose ownership has yet to be determined, received NIS 1.56 million from the Housing Ministry ...
TribunalCriminalsAtrocitiesGazaSaying the country's1971 warInvestigationTribunalsHagueCiviliansTortureAmnesty InternationalAccountabilityIsraeliJamaat-e-IslaNation'sProsecutionPossible war crimesCountry's war crimesIslamistConstitute warInternationalPerpetrators of war crimesRome StatuteTrialsHumanity and genocideVictimsBosnianCourtNazi War CrHuman rightsMurderViolationsProbeSyriaSuspectsPrisonersSuspectPakistanIraqBalkanGuilty of war crimesHeinous crimesAttacksConflictAggressionSerious crimesReutersBangladesh'sSoldiersBangladeshWorld WaEvidencePresident Slobodan MilosevicProtestsTrial1992Nations
- At the Yalta Conference in February 1945 , the last attended by Roosevelt, the president advanced the idea that an international tribunal should be convened to try Nazi leaders for planning and waging a war of aggression and for war crimes. (jewishvirtuallibrary.org)
- The International Crimes Tribunal in Bangladesh has delivered its first verdict, sentencing a former Islamist leader to death for crimes against humanity. (bbc.co.uk)
- With a hail of bullets this morning, NATO forces in Bosnia captured two Bosnian Croat men sought by the international war crimes tribunal. (wired.com)
- On November 12, the war crimes tribunal passed death sentences on seven of the men, including General Hideki Tojo, who served as Japanese premier during the war, and other principals, such as Iwane Matsui, who organized the Rape of Nanking, and Heitaro Kimura, who brutalized Allied prisoners of war. (history.com)
- The collected evidence could one day be used in a war crimes tribunal hearing - although none is so far planned at the International Criminal Court in The Hague, Netherlands. (yahoo.com)
- Thirty-three-year-old General Norac refused to give himself up until he had received a guarantee that he would not be extradited to the International War Crimes Tribunal (ICTY) in The Hague, which some Croats claim is trying to criminalise their war of independence. (bbc.co.uk)
- The tribunal insists it never issued an indictment against Mirko Norac, and will not do so in the future, not only for the current case in Gospic but for any war crimes he may be suspected of committing between 1991 and 1995. (bbc.co.uk)
- The trial of Peter von Hagenbach by an ad hoc tribunal of the Holy Roman Empire in 1474, was the first "international" war crimes trials and also of command responsibility. (wikipedia.org)
- The London Charter provided for the establishment of the International Military Tribunal, composed of one judge and one alternate judge from each of the signatory nations, to try war criminals. (wikipedia.org)
- On October 8, 1945, Anton Dostler was the first German general to be tried for war crimes by a U.S. military tribunal at the Royal Palace of Caserta in Caserta. (wikipedia.org)
- The tribunal rejected the defense of Superior Orders and found Dostler guilty of war crimes. (wikipedia.org)
- A view of the empty seat where Radovan Karadzic was supposed to sit while attending the start of his trial at the War Crimes Tribunal in The Hague. (rferl.org)
- Vesovic tells RFE/RL he now thinks Karadzic is a 'war criminal' whose rightful place is on trial at The Hague tribunal. (rferl.org)
- They also talked about investigating war crimes, the nature of a tribunal to prosecute war criminals, and the role of the Iraqi people and the international community in constructing courts. (c-span.org)
- The UN war crimes tribunal for the former Yugoslavia announced on Monday that the trial of former Bosnian Serb general Ratko Mladic, which was set to resume this month, will be suspended until further notice. (france24.com)
- A special tribunal in Bangladesh handed down the death sentence to a senior leader of the country's largest Islamist party for war crimes more than 40 years ago. (voanews.com)
- Kamaruzzaman, 62, assistant secretary general of the Jamaat-e-Islami party, was found guilty of genocide and torture of unarmed civilians during the 1971 war to break away from Pakistan by a special war crimes tribunal. (voanews.com)
- Human rights groups said the war crimes tribunal does not meet international standards. (voanews.com)
- In an unprecedented diplomatic maneuver, Under Secretary of State Marc Grossman is expected to announce today that the Bush administration does not consider itself bound by President Clinton's December 31, 2000 signature on the treaty to create a permanent war crimes tribunal. (hrw.org)
- Attacking the war-crimes tribunal directly, the official broadcast asserted "it's common knowledge" that several of the nations supporting the U.N. war-crimes tribunal in The Hague were also "active supporters of Croatia and the Bosnian Moslems. (wnd.com)
- Referring sarcastically to the "lofty ideals of justice" of the war-crimes court, Moscow challenged the tribunal to indict Western leaders who had directed NATO's war against Yugoslavia. (wnd.com)
- Karadzic is seeking to obtain a lighter sentence from the war-crimes tribunal, Radio Yugoslavia reports. (wnd.com)
- However, Mohammad Abdul Hannan Khan, the chief investigator for the country's International Crimes Tribunal, said: "There is prima facie evidence of Chowdhury Mueen-Uddin being involved in a series of killings of intellectuals. (telegraph.co.uk)
- The tribunal was originally planned to last only until 2008, but the delays in capturing major war criminals has kept it open. (npr.org)
- BELGRADE, Serbia and Montenegro - Former Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic and other war crimes indictees will be paid by the Serbian taxpayer for as long as they are on trial at The Hague tribunal, under controversial legislation adopted by parliament Tuesday. (latimes.com)
- The new law provides all Serbian war crimes indictees at the United Nations tribunal with compensation for lost salaries, plus help to spouses, siblings, parents and children for flight and hotel costs, telephone and mail bills, visa fees and legal charges. (latimes.com)
- The arrests marked a leap forward in cooperation with the war crimes tribunal, whose requests were largely ignored by the former Croatian government of the late President Franjo Tudjman. (nytimes.com)
- Tensions high in Bangladesh Jump to media player Tensions are high in Bangladesh after a tribunal sentenced a leading Islamist figure to death for war crimes that took place more than four decades ago. (bbc.co.uk)
- Bangladeshi leader to be executed Jump to media player A special tribunal in Bangladesh has sentenced an Islamist leader to death for war crimes committed during the 1971 war of independence with Pakistan. (bbc.co.uk)
- In a landmark ruling, an international tribunal found former Liberian President Charles Taylor guilty Thursday of aiding and abetting war crimes in neighboring Sierra Leone's notoriously brutal civil war. (cnn.com)
- Ratko Mladic will be formally charged with genocide when he faces a war crimes tribunal for the first time at The Hague. (channel4.com)
- Aleksandar Aleksic, a Belgrade lawyer appointed by the War Crimes Tribunal to represent Mladic at The Hague, said he had met his client in a hospital room. (channel4.com)
- The protesters have been demanding the death penalty for war crimes after a tribunal this month sentenced a prominent Islamist to life in prison in connection with Bangladesh's 1971 war of independence from Pakistan. (newsmax.com)
- The BNP also accuses the prime minister of using the war crimes tribunal as a weapon against her opponents. (newsmax.com)
- The war crimes tribunal sentenced the Islamic party leader, Abdul Quader Mollah, 64, to life in prison on Tuesday on charges including murder, rape and torture, the second verdict in trials that have reopened wounds from Bangladesh's 1971 war, reports the Daily Times. (sify.com)
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina set up the tribunal in 2010 to investigate abuses during the nine-month war in 1971. (sify.com)
- Myanmar also faces other legal challenges over the Rohingya, including a probe by the International Criminal Court - a separate war crimes tribunal - and a lawsuit in Argentina which notably alleges Suu Kyi's complicity. (phnompenhpost.com)
- The International Crimes Tribunal-1 is set to deliver verdict today in a case against nine Jessore men, including former Jamaat-e-Islami and BNP lawmaker Shakhawat Hossain, in connection with crimes committed during the Liberation War. (thedailystar.net)
- The fourth suspect held after a war crimes tribunal issued arrest warrant for 16. (thedailystar.net)
- A tribunal in Dhaka orderes the government to form a committee in 15 days to monitor the arrest of the convicted and accused in war crimes cases. (thedailystar.net)
- DHAKA, May 9 (Reuters) - A Bangladesh war crimes tribunal convicted and sentenced an Islamist party leader to death on Thursday, raising fears of a repeat of clashes between police and protesters after similar sentences were handed down earlier this year. (sify.com)
- Mohammad Kamaruzzaman, 61, assistant secretary general of the Jamaat-e-Islami party, was found guilty of genocide and torture of unarmed civilians during the 1971 war for independence from Pakistan, lawyers and tribunal officials said. (sify.com)
- War veterans were among hundreds who cheered the verdict, the fourth reached by the tribunal with more to come, on the street outside the court. (sify.com)
- The investigation agency of the International Crimes Tribunal would start a probe against 195 Pakistani prisoners of war (POWs) whenever it found a "suitable environment" and "directives from the high-ups. (thedailystar.net)
- However, legal experts say there is no legal bar to trying the 195 POWs and there has also been a longstanding demand to try them at the International Crimes Tribunal, which is now trying their local collaborators. (thedailystar.net)
- Despite several directives by the International Crimes Tribunal and initiatives of the government to arrest the war crimes accused, police have so far failed to capture more than half of them. (thedailystar.net)
- Last week the Women's International War Crimes Tribunal on Japan's Military Sexual Slavery was held in Tokyo and ended with with Japan found guilty on all charges. (jref.com)
- The aim of the tribunal was to 'to find all the facts and truth about wartime sexual violence against women before and during World War II, including Japan's military sexual slavery (the so-called 'comfort women' system), to clarify a responsibility of the perpetrators, both the state and individuals, and to restore the survivors' dignity and justice. (jref.com)
- During my first few months covering the ongoing Yugoslav war-crimes tribunal in The Hague, faced day after day with the appalling sorts of testimony that have become that court's standard fare, I took to repairing as often as possible to the nearby Mauritshuis, so as to commune with the museum's three Vermeers. (pbs.org)
- The year 1632 was just about the midpoint of the Thirty Years' War, an incredibly vicious religious struggle that savaged Northern Europe with carnage every bit as harrowing as anything being described nowadays at the tribunal -- mayhem that regularly slashed into the Netherlands, until the conflict was finally brought to a (provisional) end with the Treaty of Westphalia, in 1648. (pbs.org)
- His sections on the former Yugoslavia tell--with important new discoveries--the secret story of the politicking behind the prosecution of war crimes in Bosnia, drawing on interviews with senior White House officials, key diplomats, and chief prosecutors at the war crimes tribunal for the former Yugoslavia. (google.com)
- The International Crimes Tribunal of Bangladesh on Tuesday sentenced a leader of the main Islamist party to life in prison for crimes against humanity during the country's 1971 independence war. (rttnews.com)
- They see the memorial, which honors Japan's 2.6 million war dead and also enshrines war criminals like wartime Prime Minister Hideki Tojo, as a symbol of militarism and. (wsj.com)
- The first international body to make preparations for punishment of the criminals was the United Nations War Crimes Commission (UNWCC). (jewishvirtuallibrary.org)
- Unlike the Nuremberg trial of Nazi war criminals, where there were four chief prosecutors, to represent Great Britain, France, the United States and the USSR, the Tokyo trial featured only one chief prosecutor-American Joseph B. Keenan, a former assistant to the U.S. attorney general. (history.com)
- The trials for the Japanese war criminals was established in Tokyo, Japan, to implement the Cairo Declaration, the Potsdam Declaration, the Instrument of Surrender, and the Moscow Conference. (wikipedia.org)
- The Potsdam Declaration (July 1945) had stated, "stern justice shall be meted out to all war criminals, including those who have visited cruelties upon our prisoners," though it did not specifically foreshadow trials. (wikipedia.org)
- The IWG's mandate is simple: Declassify as much as possible the remaining classified U.S. government records about war criminals and crimes committed by the Nazis and their allies, specifically including the Japanese, during World War II. (archives.gov)
- The government panel charged with declassifying U.S. records on Nazi and Japanese war crimes and war criminals in World War II and the Cold War completed its mission this year after opening more than 8.5 million pages of previously sealed documents. (archives.gov)
- The panel, known as the Nazi War Crimes and Japanese Imperial Government Interagency Working Group (IWG) , took up the challenge of balancing real national security concerns against the commitment to uncover and open remaining records about the Holocaust, Japanese atrocities, and the ultimate fate of suspected war criminals. (archives.gov)
- In recent years, Congress took action against war criminals who had managed to take refuge in the United States and to address the Holocaust acts that looted gold, art, and property from its victims. (archives.gov)
- At the end of the century, Congress twice tasked the IWG-first under the Nazi War Crimes Disclosure Act of 1998 and then by the Japanese Imperial Government Disclosure Act of 2000-to locate and open records in federal custody about World War II war crimes, war criminals, and the victims of crimes and atrocities and to disclose how the government has acted on that information since the war. (archives.gov)
- They spent nearly eight years locating, declassifying, and making available to the public federal records that related not only to World War II Nazi and Japanese war crimes but also shed light on where and how war criminals escaped being charged and punished for war crimes. (archives.gov)
- The aggression was not legally justified and may represent a "crime against peace" - a principle established at the Nuremberg trials of Nazi war criminals, according to Falk, an American law professor who serves as the Human Rights Council's independent investigator. (ynetnews.com)
-  Airmen of the Imperial Japanese Army Air Service and Imperial Japanese Navy Air Service were not included as war criminals because there was no positive or specific customary international humanitarian law that prohibited the unlawful conduct of aerial warfare either before or during World War II. (wikipedia.org)
-  That being said, some members of the Liberal Democratic Party in the Japanese government such as former prime minister Junichiro Koizumi and current Prime Minister Shinzō Abe have prayed at the Yasukuni Shrine , which includes convicted Class A war criminals in its honored war dead. (wikipedia.org)
- This was in response to Abe having visited Tokyo's Yasukuni shrine, which houses the kami (spirits) of Japanese war criminals. (dissidentvoice.org)
- JERUSALEM, July 23 (UPI) -- The Simon Wiesenthal Center launched a new effort Tuesday to bring Nazi war criminals to justice in Germany, calling it Operation Last Chance II. (upi.com)
- Bangladesh is planning to amend a law to allow the government to appeal for tougher penalties for war criminals, according to law minister Shafique Ahmed. (sify.com)
- Sector Commanders Forum (SCF) today demanded that Amnesty International withdraw its October 27 statement regarding the trials of two condemned war criminals -- Ali Ahsan Mohammad Mojaheed and Salauddin Quader Chowdhury. (thedailystar.net)
- We are happy with the verdict as it fulfils the demands of the countrymen, especially the young generation," said Imran Sarker, who gave up his medical practice to lead the movement demanding the death penalty for all war criminals. (sify.com)
- Moreover, six suspected war criminals were allowed to resign from military service during the criminal investigations specifically to avoid prosecution. (hnn.us)
- As we sipped coffee together, my friend worried that OSI might run out of time to locate all of the alleged Nazi war criminals believed to have slipped quietly into America after the war. (motherjones.com)
- Every nation's ruling class considers itself exceptional and proves it by sheltering its own war criminals from justice whenever possible. (counterpunch.org)
- Bass explains that bringing war criminals to justice can be a military ordeal, a source of endless legal frustration, as well as a diplomatic nightmare. (google.com)
- Bass concludes that despite the obstacles, legalistic justice for war criminals is nonetheless worth pursuing. (google.com)
- Del Ponte, a former Swiss attorney general, has previously served as prosecutor of the international war crimes tribunals probing atrocities in Rwanda and Yugoslavia. (yahoo.com)
- and crimes against humanity, such as the extermination of racial, ethnic, and religious groups and other such atrocities against civilians. (wikipedia.org)
- Yet even when he and his best clients share a quiet meal and unburden themselves with sake, they studiously steer clear of discussing the past, especially the atrocities Japan committed during its World War II-era occupation of China. (christusrex.org)
- The prosecution has presented some one million pages listing the atrocities Karadzic is accused of during the war in Bosnia between 1992 and 1995 against Bosnia's Muslims and Croats. (npr.org)
- Some Japanese history textbooks only offer brief references to the various war crimes,  and members of the Liberal Democratic Party have denied some of the atrocities such as government involvement in abducting women to serve as " comfort women " (sex slaves). (wikipedia.org)
- There have been a number of prosecutions and punishments of military units that have committed crimes and atrocities in Afghanistan under Obama, but Amnesty says the White House has to do more to ensure his policy changes are respected in the field. (thedailybeast.com)
- Along with Radovan Karadzic , Mladic is also charged with committing numerous atrocities during the Bosnian war, including the 1992 siege of Sarajevo, which claimed 10,000 lives. (channel4.com)
- I was aware of Japanese World War II crimes and atrocities in China , having visited the Nanjing Massacre Hall in 2003. (dissidentvoice.org)
- The projected court would be a hybrid of South Sudanese judges and international war crimes experts, tasked with trying those accused of committing atrocities during South Sudan's nearly five-year civil war. (voanews.com)
- As a historian writing his dissertation on U.S. war crimes and atrocities during the Vietnam War, I have been immersed in just the sort of archival materials the Toledo Blade used in its pieces, but not simply for one incident but hundreds if not thousands of analogous events. (hnn.us)
- I can safely, and sadly, say that the "Tiger Force" atrocities are merely the tip of the iceberg in regard to U.S.-perpetrated war crimes in Vietnam. (hnn.us)
- However, much of the mainstream historical literature dealing with Vietnam War atrocities (and accompanying cover-ups and/or sham investigations), has been marginalized to a great extent -- aside from obligatory remarks concerning the My Lai massacre, which is, itself, often treated as an isolated event. (hnn.us)
- carried out the longest series of atrocities in the Vietnam War [from May and November, 1967]. (hnn.us)
- The mere mention of these words conjures up stark images of atrocities of the Second World War. (codoh.com)
- Why do our governments sometimes display such striking idealism in the face of war crimes and atrocities abroad, and at other times. (google.com)
- A United Nations human rights investigator said on Thursday that Israel's military assault on densely populated Gaza appeared to constitute a grave war crime. (ynetnews.com)
- Israel, which lost 13 people during the war, disputes the figures and has accused Hamas fighters in Gaza of using civilians as human shields during the conflict - an allegation which Falk said should be investigated. (ynetnews.com)
- for war crimes in Gaza, noting Israel has not signed the Rome statutes establishing the International Criminal Court. (ynetnews.com)
- I note with great concern the escalation of violence in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, as well as in and around Gaza, and the possible commission of crimes under the Rome Statute', Bensouda wrote on Twitter. (yahoo.com)
- Bensouda, to be succeeded by British prosecutor Karim Khan on June 16, said in December 2019 that war crimes had been or were being committed in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. (yahoo.com)
- In early February Anthony Cordesman, of the Center for Strategic and International Studies, released a study concluding that Israel did not violate the laws of war during its 22-day offensive against Gaza . (huffingtonpost.com)
- Spain's High Court announced this week it would launch a war crimes investigation into a Israeli ex-defence minister and six other top security officials for their role in a 2002 attack that killed a Hamas commander and 14 civilians in Gaza. (reuters.com)
- Calls to investigate Israel over alleged war crimes in Gaza conflict prompted Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert to promise military personnel state protection from foreign prosecution. (reuters.com)
- Israel and the Palestinians promised on Monday to investigate alleged war crimes committed by their forces during the 2014 Gaza war, amid growing calls for an end to impunity on both sides. (ynetnews.com)
- The survivors are asking the same question as the latest Israel-Gaza war appears to be dying down . (csmonitor.com)
- While the events in Khuzaa are just a snapshot from a short, sharp war, similar tales are told from other Gaza neighborhoods, particularly ones close to the border with Israel. (csmonitor.com)
- Andrew has been leading an interesting discussion about whether or not Israeli actions in Gaza constitute war crimes, and I've been trying to place Israeli actions in a broader context. (theatlantic.com)
- The prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (ICC), Fatou Bensouda, said in a statement that Israel's action in Gaza could constitute war crime. (palestinemonitor.org)
- Violence against civilians - in a situation such as the one prevailing in Gaza - could constitute crimes under the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court. (palestinemonitor.org)
Saying the country's1
- Norway's Supreme Court on Friday cancelled the sentencing for war crimes of a Bosnian-born man, saying the country's war crimes law could not be applied retroactively. (telegraph.co.uk)
- The first verdict signals a major triumph for Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina who has made prosecution of 1971 war crimes a key goal of her government. (bbc.co.uk)
- The government said the trials will heal the wounds of the 1971 war. (voanews.com)
- Bangladesh MP sentenced to death Jump to media player An MP for Bangladesh's main opposition party has been sentenced to death by a war crimes court for charges including murder and genocide during the 1971 war of independence with Pakistan. (bbc.co.uk)
- COLOMBO, Sri Lanka (AP) - Sri Lanka's prime minister said Wednesday that the government has decided to withdraw from co-sponsorship of a 2015 U.N. Human Rights Council resolution calling for the investigation of allegations of war crimes committed during the island nation's long civil war. (ap.org)
- On the day the prosecutor in The Hague announced the opening of a Darfur investigation, Osman said, "there was a decline in the commission of crimes for more than three or five months -- because the perpetrators were panicked that they could be held accountable. (latimes.com)
- Mr. Mays spoke about the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) leak investigation and the war in Iraq. (c-span.org)
- The case is the first international war-crimes investigation completed by an independent agency like the CIJA , funded by governments but without a court mandate. (newyorker.com)
- The ICC prosecutor in March announced an official investigation into possible war crimes committed in the Palestinian Territories. (yahoo.com)
- Its investigation of possible war crimes in the Palestinian Territories is strongly opposed by both Israel and the United States. (yahoo.com)
- As a result, we did not conclude that Israel committed war crimes but rather that our findings strongly indicate violations of laws of war warranting further scrutiny and investigation . (huffingtonpost.com)
- BERLIN Germany has launched a war crimes investigation against an 87-year-old Philadelphia man it accuses of serving as an SS guard at the Auschwitz death camp, The Associated Press has learned, following years of failed U.S. Justice Department efforts to have the man stripped of his American citizenship and deported. (freerepublic.com)
- The former president of Sri Lanka, Mahinda Rajapaksa, had resisted an investigation of alleged war crimes , saying it would hurt national reunification efforts. (cnn.com)
- The UN human rights chief has rightly concluded that Sri Lanka's domestic courts are ill-equipped to prosecute the heinous international crimes exposed by the UN investigation," said Sonya Sceats, director of advocacy and policy at Freedom from Torture, in a statement. (cnn.com)
- Three resolutions put forth at the Geneva-based U.N. Human Rights Council (HRC) have sought an international investigation into the end of the war. (ipsnews.net)
- GENEVA (Reuters) - The United Nations' human rights chief called on Monday for an international inquiry into war crimes committed by both sides during Sri Lanka's civil war, saying the government had failed to do its own credible investigation. (yahoo.com)
- However, not one of the soldiers, even of those still on active duty at the time of the investigation, was ever court martialed in connection with the heinous crimes. (hnn.us)
- The agency held the news briefing to disseminate information about different aspects of two war crimes cases as investigation was completed. (thedailystar.net)
- US Secretary of State John Kerry opined (in an October 7 appearance with French Foreign Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault) that Russian military actions in Syria "beg for an appropriate investigation of war crimes. (counterpunch.org)
- Perhaps an investigation of the Kunduz attack will fulfill Kerry's desire to see war crimes punished. (counterpunch.org)
- What unfolded in Khuzaa between July 21 and 25 amounts to a war crime, according to a dozen witnesses interviewed by the Monitor and an independent investigation by Human Rights Watch. (csmonitor.com)
- Why have none of US crimes against humanity ever been taken up for investigation? (lankaweb.com)
- Tribunals set up nearly three years ago are trying alleged war crimes committed during the country's independence war against Pakistan in 1971. (bbc.co.uk)
- In Tokyo, Japan, the International Military Tribunals for the Far East begins hearing the case against 28 Japanese military and government officials accused of committing war crimes and crimes against humanity during World War II . (history.com)
- In addition to the central Tokyo trial, various tribunals sitting outside Japan judged some 5,000 Japanese guilty of war crimes, of whom more than 900 were executed. (history.com)
- The case is only the second to be filed by the 5-year-old court, created by international convention to build a permanent institution along the lines of the ad hoc tribunals that have prosecuted modern war crimes in places such as the former Yugoslav federation, Rwanda and Sierra Leone. (latimes.com)
- Stephen Rapp, who led prosecution teams at the international criminal tribunals in Rwanda and Sierra Leone before serving for six years as the United States Ambassador-at-Large for War Crimes Issues, told me that the CIJA 's documentation "is much richer than anything I've seen, and anything I've prosecuted in this area. (newyorker.com)
- The organization's founder, Bill Wiley, a Canadian war-crimes investigator who has worked on several high-profile international tribunals, had grown frustrated with the geopolitical red tape that often shapes the pursuit of justice. (newyorker.com)
- Some of the world's top experts on war crimes gather today at the University of Iowa College of law, for a conference on war-crimes tribunals. (radioiowa.com)
- The amendment will 'empower the tribunals to try and punish any organizations, including Jamaat-e-Islami, for committing crimes during country's liberation war in 1971,' Law Minister Shafique Ahmed said after the change was approved. (newsmax.com)
- The agency also called for simultaneous drives across the country to arrest local war crimes fugitives and bringing amendment to the International Crimes (Tribunals) Act, 1973 so that a court could order attachment of their property. (thedailystar.net)
- Two war crimes tribunals had issued arrest warrants against 102 war crimes accused in 18 cases since August last year, but the law enforcers could arrest only 45 of them, according to The Daily Star reports. (thedailystar.net)
- The war had provided the occasion for the publication, in 1625, of the seminal work by an earlier son of Vermeer's Delft, Hugo Grotius: "On the Law of War and Peace," a text often considered to be the foundation of all modern international law, in particular of the Hague tribunals. (pbs.org)
- In this book, Gary Bass offers an unprecedented look at the politics behind international war crimes tribunals, combining analysis with investigative reporting and a broad historical perspective. (google.com)
- The Nuremberg trials powerfully demonstrated how effective war crimes tribunals can be. (google.com)
- Do War Crime Tribunals Deliver Justice? (bartleby.com)
- Under such context of international climate, nearly fifty years after the Nuremburg and Tokyo trials, the United Nations created the ad hoc international criminal tribunals for the former Yugoslavia and Rwanda (ICTs) to prosecute individuals suspected of committing war crimes regardless of their official positions. (bartleby.com)
- THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) - Ratko Mladic, the military chief known as the "Butcher of Bosnia" for orchestrating genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes in the Balkan nation's 1992-95 war, lost his final legal battle Tuesday when U.N. judges rejected his appeals and affirmed. (ap.org)
- Immediately after the outbreak of World War II , when the first Nazi violations of the laws and customs of war as defined by the Hague and Geneva Conventions were revealed (and in particular as they affected the noncombatant population and prisoners of war), the Allies began to publish official notes, warnings, and declarations. (jewishvirtuallibrary.org)
- Russian war crimes are the violations of the law of war, including the Hague Conventions of 1899 and 1907 and the Geneva Conventions, consisting out of war crimes and crimes against humanity, of which the official armed and paramilitary forces of the Russian Federation are accused of committing since the dissolution of the Soviet Union in 1991. (wikipedia.org)
- Last month, the International Criminal Court in The Hague issued arrest warrants against a leader of the janjaweed militia and a Sudanese government minister in the first attempt to hold perpetrators responsible for war crimes and crimes against humanity in the sprawling region of western Sudan, where an estimated 200,000 people have died and 2.5 million others have been displaced in battles between the government-backed militias and rebels. (latimes.com)
- The war crimes trial of former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic resumes in The Hague Tuesday. (npr.org)
- Radovan Karadzic is boycotting his own war crimes trial in The Hague. (npr.org)
- The Imperial Japanese Army Air Service took part in conducting chemical and biological attacks on enemy nationals during the Second Sino-Japanese War and World War II and the use of such weapons in warfare were generally prohibited by international agreements signed by Japan, including the Hague Conventions (1899 and 1907) , which banned the use of "poison or poisoned weapons" in warfare. (wikipedia.org)
- President Hashim Thaci held a television address after returning from four days of questioning by prosecutors at a special international court in The Hague, Netherlands, on alleged crimes during and after the Balkan nation's 1998-1999 war. (yahoo.com)
- He allegedly took part in arbitrary detention and violence against Serb civilians in the Dretelj detention camp in southern Bosnia, notorious for the guards' brutality, during the Bosnian war. (telegraph.co.uk)
- He is a war hero to some but a war crimes suspect to others - and he is now being tried for possible involvement in the killing of Serbian civilians in the town of Gospic in late 1991. (bbc.co.uk)
- The Second Chechen War led to another round of war crimes and attacks against civilians. (wikipedia.org)
- Amnesty International delivered a report yesterday, where it said that Gadhafi's forces may have committed war crimes in Misrata by deliberately targeting civilians with indiscriminate fire. (npr.org)
- Now a retired general, Lopez Fuentes, 81, is accused of participating in massacres and crimes against humanity during the military regime of Efrain Rios Montt, including the mass murder of more than 300 Mayan Indian civilians from the Ixil region in 1982 and 1983. (ibtimes.com)
- Repeatedly using such weapons in this manner, without due regard for the harm being caused to civilians, violates international humanitarian law and is a war crime. (amnesty.org)
- These groups 'carry out large-scale massacres of innocent civilians, and in doing so, commit real war crimes,' Bazoum declared. (yahoo.com)
- They have been accused of conducting a series of human rights abuses against civilians and prisoners of war throughout East Asia and the western Pacific region. (wikipedia.org)
- There is a shocking lack of accountability for the killing of Afghan civilians by U.S. forces, including civilians killed in circumstances that raise concerns about war crimes," said Mariner. (thedailybeast.com)
- Last month, the U.S. State Department urged the Kiir administration to set up the hybrid court to ensure that the perpetrators of crimes - including widespread killings of civilians - face justice. (voanews.com)
- The United Nations human rights office said on Thursday that Islamic State fighters may have committed genocide against the minority Yazidi community in Iraq as well as crimes against humanity and war crimes against civilians including children. (thedailystar.net)
- Why did Secretary Kerry's conscience go untroubled by possible war crimes repercussions when US forces killed at least 42 civilians in an AC-130U gunship attack on a Doctors Without Borders hospital in Kunduz, Afghanistan a year ago this month? (counterpunch.org)
- Latvian officials, however, claim that the people killed were unarmed civilians and have dubbed Kononov a war criminal. (rt.com)
- HRW calls what happened there - the shelling, a refusal to allow civilians safe passage - an "apparent violation of the laws of war. (csmonitor.com)
- If you feel the need to go to war against an enemy that is not as powerful as you are, one of the tactics of the weaker party is to hide among civilians, and use the global media to advertise the horror of the onslaught. (theatlantic.com)
- PARIS (AP) - The one-time spokesman for the notorious Syrian rebel faction the Army of Islam , who was arrested in southern France last week and charged with torture and war crimes, arrived in the country on a short-term visa, the French Foreign Ministry said Thursday. (ap.org)
- By 2009, the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) issued 115 verdicts (including in Baysayeva v. Russia case) finding the Russian government guilty of enforced disappearances, murder, torture, and for failing to properly investigate these crimes in Chechnya. (wikipedia.org)
- The lawyers from Darfur brought the raw materials: rape, torture, razing of villages and years of butting heads with a judicial system that rarely punishes the crimes. (latimes.com)
- PETER CAVE: Human rights investigators in Libya have documented widespread cases of war crimes and crimes against humanity including murder, torture and forced disappearances. (abc.net.au)
- A half-century afterwards, France has officially acknowledged for the first time that it carried out systematic torture during Algeria's independence war - a landmark admission about conduct in the conflict which ended 56 years ago and that has been shrouded in secrecy and denials. (opednews.com)
- He then asked, "If a general makes a decision, for instance, to interrogate and torture German soldiers during World War II in order to find out all there is to know, who would the German soldiers sue? (courthousenews.com)
- We want to prevent torture by the U.S. government and are working to end future wars. (courthousenews.com)
- The U.S. military has systematically covered up or disregarded "abundant and compelling evidence" of war crimes, torture, and unlawful killings in Afghanistan as recently as last year, according to a report by Amnesty International published today in Kabul. (thedailybeast.com)
- A Pentagon spokesman did not deny the allegations in the report but reiterated U.S. policy on torture and war crimes. (thedailybeast.com)
- Spanish law allows the prosecution of foreigners for such crimes as genocide, crimes against humanity and torture committed anywhere in the world. (reuters.com)
- Prosecutors have charged Thaci, former parliamentary speaker Kadri Veseli and still unidentified others with crimes against humanity and war crimes, including murder, enforced disappearances, persecution and torture. (yahoo.com)
- The inquiry found that, in addition to using "electrical shock by means of a field telephone," an all too commonly used method of torture by Americans during the war, MI personnel also struck detainees with their fists, sticks and boards and employed a form of water torture which impaired prisoners' ability to breath. (hnn.us)
- Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch have recorded Russian war crimes in Chechnya, Georgia, Ukraine and Syria. (wikipedia.org)
- SIMON: Amnesty International has also issued a report, saying that what's happening in Misrata amounts to war crimes. (npr.org)
- Gruesome video footage , images and testimonies gathered by Amnesty International provide fresh evidence of war crimes, including extrajudicial executions, and other serious human rights violations being carried out in north-eastern Nigeria as the fight by the military against Boko Haram and other armed groups intensifies. (amnesty.org)
- The panel's members "will help ensure that this will not be a case where impunity prevails, but rather that those responsible for these crimes against the Syrian people will face justice and accountability," she said. (yahoo.com)
- After a decade spent training international criminal-justice practitioners in the Balkans, Afghanistan, and Cambodia, Engels now leads the regime-crimes unit of the Commission for International Justice and Accountability, an independent investigative body founded in 2012, in response to the Syrian war. (newyorker.com)
- Nepal's Law Minister Shankar Nayak told the Thomson Reuters Foundation that the government had no intention of delaying or hampering the issue of accountability for war crimes, but admitted there were setbacks due to political instability. (reuters.com)
- Prosecutor Brenda Hollis hailed the verdict as a milestone in accountability and said it "made clear the central role Charles Taylor played in the horrific crimes against the people of Sierra Leone. (cnn.com)
- The playlists were being used in various reports by different organisations, as well as being used to share information about war crimes with justice and accountability organisations. (sky.com)
- It can be recalled that in August 2019, the Civil Society Organizations and Human Rights Platform, with support from Civitas Maxima, organized the Justice Conference, wherein lawmakers representing various committees, including Petition and Claims, headed by Montserrado County District #4 Representative Rustonlyn Suacoco Dennis, attended and pledged their support for accountability for Liberia's 14-year civil war. (allafrica.com)
- She said there had been little progress in establishing accountability for "emblematic" wartime crimes, including the January 2006 killing of five students on a beach and the execution of 17 aid workers later that August. (yahoo.com)
- GENEVA (AP) - The top U.N. human rights body on Thursday passed a resolution aimed to intensify scrutiny of Israel's treatment of Palestinians, after the U.N. rights chief said Israeli forces may have committed war crimes and faulted the militant group Hamas for violations of international. (ap.org)
- Falk called for an independent experts group to probe possible war crimes committed by both Israeli forces and Hamas. (ynetnews.com)
- The Palestinian Authority last week submitted its first evidence of alleged Israeli war crimes to the International Criminal Court, trying to speed up an ICC inquiry into abuses. (ynetnews.com)
- Faced with the absence of a well-founded explanation from the Israeli military, the Mission had to conclude that there was a possibility that the shelling of Beit Hanoun constituted a war crime," according to the report. (jta.org)
- Seattle says no to Israeli war crimes advertisement. (abovetopsecret.com)
- What are your thoughts on US officials censoring criticism of Israeli war crimes? (abovetopsecret.com)
- I dislike the israeli war crimes and hate the zionist take over of this nation. (abovetopsecret.com)
- I am also disappointed that propaganda spreading individuals that support Israeli war crimes frequent ATS. (abovetopsecret.com)
- Israeli war crimes eh? (abovetopsecret.com)
- Mr Mueen-Uddin, then a journalist on the Purbodesh newspaper in Dhaka, was a member of a fundamentalist party, Jamaat-e-Islami, which supported Pakistan in the war. (telegraph.co.uk)
- The Supreme Court yesterday set March 8 for delivering verdict on the appeal filed by war criminal and Jamaat-e-Islami leader Mir Quasem Ali challenging his conviction. (thedailystar.net)
- Abdul Kader Mullah, Assistant Secretary-General of the Jamaat-e-Islami Party, was charged with murder and five other crimes. (rttnews.com)
- The war crimes court in Dhaka found Mir Quasem Ali guilty Sunday for crimes committed during the nation's independence war against Pakistan in 1971, when he was commander of the Al Badr militia forces. (voanews.com)
- National sovereignty is not only the basis of international law (whoever nullifies or eradicates another nation's sovereignty violates international law, something which is now known as a "crime against humanity"), it is also the fundamental basis for democracy. (indybay.org)
- The States Parties to the present Convention undertake to adopt, in accordance with their respective constitutional processes, any legislative or other measures necessary to ensure that statutory or other limitations shall not apply to the prosecution and punishment of the crimes referred to in articles I and II of this Convention and that, where they exist, such limitations shall be abolished. (ohchr.org)
- Only Botswana protested when African heads of state voted themselves free from prosecution for genocide and crimes against humanity in a proposed new 'Africa court. (csmonitor.com)
- But at an African heads of state summit in Equatorial Guinea on June 26 and 27, the decision was made to grant African heads of state and senior officials (not further defined) immunity from prosecution for genocide, war crimes, crimes against humanity, and other serious crimes. (csmonitor.com)
- Bruno Vekaric of Serbia's war crimes prosecution office said Mladic was "examined by court doctors here and he was diagnosed with past strokes and high blood pressure. (channel4.com)
Possible war crimes1
- ANNE BARKER: Well we've heard reports in recent weeks that prosecutors at the International Criminal Court have sought arrest warrants for Gaddafi and his sons for possible war crimes. (abc.net.au)
Country's war crimes1
- Since the 1950s, senior Japanese government officials have issued numerous apologies for the country's war crimes. (wikipedia.org)
- Bangladesh says up to three million people died during the war, mostly in massacres by the Pakistan army and their local Islamist allies, the Razakar and Al-Badr forces. (bbc.co.uk)
- Bangladesh war sentence protests Jump to media player Clashes have broken out during a two-day nationwide strike in Bangladesh, a day after an Islamist leader was sentenced to death for war crimes. (bbc.co.uk)
- Protest as leader given death penalty Jump to media player Bangladesh's Supreme Court has rejected the appeal of an Islamist leader against his jail term for war crimes and sentenced him to death. (bbc.co.uk)
- UNITED NATIONS (AP) - The U.N. Security Council on Monday strongly condemned violations of human rights and international humanitarian law in the Central African Republic and warned that attacks on United Nations peacekeepers there may constitute war crimes. (ap.org)
- But as far as the United Nations is concerned, both strategic assaults constitute war crimes. (freerepublic.com)
- France and Turkey have said that air strikes on hospitals in northern Syria constitute war crimes. (bbc.com)
- CAIRO (AP) - The International Criminal Court's prosecutor on Sunday urged Sudan's transitional government to hand over suspects wanted for war crimes and genocide in the Darfur conflict, the Sudanese official news agency reported. (ap.org)
- CAIRO (AP) - Sudan's leader said Wednesday the government will "fully" cooperate with the International Criminal Court's efforts to prosecute those wanted for war crimes and genocide in connection with the Darfur conflict, according to an international rights group. (ap.org)
- CAIRO (AP) - Sudan's transitional authorities have agreed to hand over ousted autocrat Omar al-Bashir to the International Criminal Court to face trial on charges of war crimes and genocide, a top Sudanese official said Tuesday, in a deal with rebels to surrender all those wanted in connection with the. (ap.org)
- Milorad Momic was detained close to Grenoble under an international arrest warrant issued by Serbia for crimes against humanity. (rferl.org)
- It can also say the international community has shown confidence in Croatia being able to prosecute its own war crimes. (bbc.co.uk)
- As a consequence of its involvement in the war in eastern Ukraine, wide-scale international sanctions have been imposed against Russian officials in 2014 by numerous countries. (wikipedia.org)
- A war crimes trial is the trial of persons charged with criminal violation of the laws and customs of war and related principles of international law committed during armed conflict. (wikipedia.org)
- Article 227 of the Treaty of Versailles, the peace treaty between Germany and the Allied Powers after the First World War, "publicly arraign[ed] William II of Hohenzollern, formerly German Emperor, for a supreme offence against international morality and the sanctity of treaties. (wikipedia.org)
- But if we do not agree to come on stage as defendants, we undermine the international case against war crimes. (nationalreview.com)
- The international criminal court announced this week that it will issue arrest warrants against at least three regime figures on suspicions of crimes against humanity. (npr.org)
- If it is not possible to do so, then launching the attacks is inherently unlawful and would seem to constitute a war crime of the greatest magnitude under international law," Falk said. (ynetnews.com)
- AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - The International Criminal Court (ICC) is concerned about escalating Middle East violence and the possibility that war crimes are being committed there, its prosecutor Fatou Bensouda said on Wednesday. (yahoo.com)
- Cordesman makes his skepticism of international humanitarian law clear in his report when he writes, "The debate over proportionality is becoming another extension of war by other means. (huffingtonpost.com)
- These killings are indicative of a pattern of widespread or systematic attacks against civilian populations and may amount to crimes against humanity and other international crimes," she said. (upi.com)
- It was the first war crimes conviction of a former head of state by an international court since the Nuremberg trials of Nazi leaders after World War II. (cnn.com)
- Newser) - Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir was officially accused of genocide, war crimes, and crimes against humanity today in International Criminal Court, the BBC reports. (newser.com)
-  The crimes committed also fall under other aspects of international and Japanese law. (wikipedia.org)
- There have been calls for immunity for African heads of state that are wanted for international crimes: The ICC cases against President Kenyatta and Deputy President William Ruto have particularly focused the debate, and Kenya may withdraw from the Treaty of Rome, which established the ICC. (csmonitor.com)
- Never before had there been such an outpouring of popular international outrage to stop a war-mongering power from engaging in yet another aggression. (indybay.org)
- The GOP / DNC war partys have turned a once admired strong rich nation into a broken crumbling empire led by an embarrassing gaggle of international clowns of death who ignore the people and do what they want. (abovetopsecret.com)
- When quizzed about the position of President George M. Weah who called for dialogue rather than the establishment of a war and economic crimes court, Dempster told the Daily Observer, "The President needs to have a clear understanding about those international instruments when we talk about issues of war crimes. (allafrica.com)
- Thaci was warmly welcomed by supporters upon return from the Netherlands where he was questioned by prosecutors at a special international court on alleged crimes during the 1998-1999 war after which his country won independence from Serbia. (yahoo.com)
- The Kosovo Specialist Chambers and Specialist Prosecutor's Office, a court which has international staff working under Kosovo law, is mandated to look into allegations that KLA members committed war crimes and crimes against humanity. (yahoo.com)
- Diplomatic cables leaked by Manning also show the lengths to which the Bush administration was prepared to go to ensure that those responsible for such crimes would remain unreachable under international law. (greenleft.org.au)
- When states are "unwilling or unable" to prosecute individuals alleged to have committed war crimes, the International Criminal Court (ICC) can offer another avenue for justice. (greenleft.org.au)
- According to an archived Web page listing the Canada Border Services Agency's "most wanted" fugitives, Teganya "violated human or international rights" under Canada's war crimes law. (latimes.com)
- U.S. Supreme Court Justice, William O. Douglas would write, "the crime for which the Nazis were tried had never been formalized as a crime with the definiteness required by our legal standards, nor outlawed with a death penalty by the international community. (codoh.com)
- Fortunately for Russia, Syria and the US, those three regimes haven't ratified the Rome Statute and placed themselves under the jurisdiction of the International Criminal Court for war crimes. (counterpunch.org)
- A number of Joint Opposition MPs today signed a petition prepared by the National Movement to Protect War Heroes against what it describes as an International War Crime Court to 'hunt down' soldiers. (dailymirror.lk)
Perpetrators of war crimes2
- The BNP's tactic has been to support the need to bring perpetrators of war crimes to justice, with a warning that the trials should not be used against political opponents. (bbc.co.uk)
- The center's campaign uses posters in major German cities, including Berlin, Hamburg and Cologne, asking anyone who has information about perpetrators of war crimes to come forward. (upi.com)
- Established by the Rome Statute in 2002, the ICC is a court of last resort to prosecute war crimes, crimes against humanity and genocide when a country is unable or unwilling to do so. (yahoo.com)
- But US opposition forced a compromise: the ICC only has jurisdiction over crimes committed by an individual of a state, or on the territory of a state, which is a party to the Rome Statute. (greenleft.org.au)
- The effect of Bush's "unsigning" was to exclude US nationals from the jurisdiction of the ICC, unless their alleged crimes were committed on the territory of a state which is a party to the Rome Statute. (greenleft.org.au)
- But the fractious and divisive nature of the country's politics was exposed once again, when major parties failed to close ranks even when dealing with an issue as emotive as trials of war crimes. (bbc.co.uk)
- After World War I, a small number of German personnel were tried by a German court in the Leipzig War Crimes Trials for crimes allegedly committed during that war. (wikipedia.org)
- citation needed] After World War II, the phrase referred usually to the trials of German and Japanese leaders in courts established by the victorious Allied nations. (wikipedia.org)
- Hideki Tojo, former Japanese premier and war minister, takes the stand during the Japanese war crimes trials. (archives.gov)
- Hermann Goering, Rudolf Hess, Joachim von Ribbentrop, and other defendants sit in the courtroom of the German war crimes trials in Nuremburg, 1945. (archives.gov)
- DHAKA, Bangladesh - Bangladesh's parliament, meeting demands of protesters thronging the capital, amended a law on Sunday allowing the state to appeal any verdict in war crimes trials it deems inadequate and out of step with public opinion. (newsmax.com)
- The government is trying to use the protests over the war crime trials to divert attention from critical national issues such as our demand for election under a caretaker authority to ensure a clean and unbiased vote,' BNP's acting Secretary-General, Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir, told the rally. (newsmax.com)
- At the end of WWII those at the head of the Nazi State were held to account for their actions by the victorious allies, the Nuremberg trials went on for a protracted period while the case was established and those guilty held to account for their numerous and awful crimes. (abovetopsecret.com)
- The party has mounted a string of nationwide strikes since last month, protesting trials of 10 of its leaders, including its head and deputy head, for war crimes allegedly committed in the 1971 independence war against Pakistan. (yahoo.com)
- At least 16 people have been killed during protests over the war crimes trials, including several who were shot dead by police. (yahoo.com)
- The government of prime minister Sheikh Hasina rejects the accusations, saying the trials are needed to heal the wounds of the war. (yahoo.com)
- Speaking in the House of Lords on May 5, 1949, Lord Hankey would say, "there was something cynical and revolting in the spectacle of British, French, and American judges sitting on the Bench with colleagues representing a country which before, during and since the trials had perpetrated half the political crimes in the calendar. (codoh.com)
Humanity and genocide2
- He was sentenced in December 2008 to five years in jail for his 1992 crimes against Serbs and ordered to pay damages to his victims, but an appeals court reduced the sentence by six months in April this year. (telegraph.co.uk)
- They were in a war in which they saw Serbs as aggressors and Croats the victims. (bbc.co.uk)
- NEW DELHI (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Nepali political parties and security forces who are accused of war crimes during the country's decade-long civil war are hampering efforts to bring justice to tens of thousands of victims and their families, a study said on Thursday. (reuters.com)
- The war ended more than 10 years ago but families and victims are still waiting to find out what happened to their loved ones and see those responsible punished. (reuters.com)
- But survivors, victims' families and activists believe legislation relating to war crimes must be amended as currently perpetrators can be granted amnesty. (reuters.com)
- They say politicians - many of which have members accused of war crimes - have no intention to seriously address victims' grievances. (reuters.com)
- The many survivors of the Bosnian war, mostly wives and mothers of the victims came by bus from Sarajevo. (npr.org)
- Chapter Five of the revitalized peace agreement spells out the establishment of the hybrid court as well as compensation and reparations for the victims of crimes committed during the conflict. (voanews.com)
- The Culture of impunity has created the thought in people that they are above the law and there are many victims of the civil war who have not gotten any redress while some still live with bullet wounds," Dempster said. (allafrica.com)
- Why today does justice seem so slow to come for war crimes victims in the Balkans? (google.com)
- SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina (AP) - Fikret Grabovica wants to see at least some remorse from wartime Bosnian Serb military commander Ratko Mladic when U.N. judges deliver their final verdict for genocide and other war crimes committed during Bosnia's 1990s ethnic carnage. (ap.org)
- He faces 11 charges of genocide, war crimes, and crimes against humanity for his role in the 1992-95 Bosnian war -- a conflict that killed 100,000 people and displaced some 2.2 million. (rferl.org)
- Muslim and Croat survivors of the war revile Karadzic as the man whose political dream of creating an ethnically pure 'Greater Serbia' triggered the Srebrenica massacre and the notorious campaign of sniper fire and shelling upon the Bosnia capital of Sarajevo during the 43-month siege by Bosnian-Serb forces that killed an estimated 10,000 to 14,000 people. (rferl.org)
- Both are suspected of taking part in crimes against Bosnian Muslims during the 1993-94 conflict in the neighboring country. (nytimes.com)
- Former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic has been convicted of genocide and war crimes over the 1992-95 war, and sentenced to 40 years in jail. (thedailystar.net)
- The Bosnian war in the early 1990s engendered ethnic cleansing, genocide, and other crimes against humanity. (bartleby.com)
- On Friday, Norway's Supreme Court cancelled the sentence outright, saying Norway's war crimes law, which came into force in 2005, could not be applied retroactively to Repak's 1992 actions. (telegraph.co.uk)
- During the Second Boer War, the British Army court-martialed Breaker Morant, Peter Handcock, Alfred Taylor, and several other officers for multiple murders of POWs and many civilian noncombatants in the Northern Transvaal. (wikipedia.org)
- in May, 2014, Russia and China blocked a draft resolution that would have granted the court jurisdiction over war crimes committed by all sides of the conflict. (newyorker.com)
- The defence lawyer for former Liberian president Charles Taylor defied the Sierra Leone war crimes court on Tuesday, walking out in protest ahead of closing arguments in the case and calling it a farce. (ibtimes.com)
- Mladic, who has refused to enter a plea, is the last of the main figures in the Balkan wars of the 1990s to go on trial at the court. (france24.com)
- Last week, the same court sentenced to death the party's leader, Motiur Rahman Nizami, for war crimes. (voanews.com)
- The court will try people accused of genocide, crimes against humanity, and war crimes. (hrw.org)
- Former Family Court chief justice Alastair Nicholson says the Prime Minister, Foreign Minister and Attorney-General could be charged with war crimes for insisting David Hicks face trial before a US military commission. (smh.com.au)
- For example, many of the crimes committed by Japanese personnel during World War II broke Japanese military law , and were subject to court martial , as required by that law. (wikipedia.org)
- Eight other Jamaat leaders, including its current and former chiefs, are being tried by the war crimes court that Hasina set up in 2010 to investigate abuses during the 1971 conflict. (newsmax.com)
- A top United Nations official has called for establishment of a war crimes court to investigate "horrific" abuses allegedly committed by both the Sri Lankan government and Tamil rebels during the country's 26-year civil war. (cnn.com)
- A war crimes court should also look into the government's suppression of critics after the civil war ended, Zeid said. (cnn.com)
- JUBA - A top South Sudanese official says the government opposes creation of a war crimes court, a key aspect of the peace deal which the country's warring parties recently reaffirmed. (voanews.com)
- Adama K. Dempster, Secretary-general of the Civil Society Organizations and Human Rights Advocacy Platform says human rights groups have begun engaging on the House of Representatives to consider the passage of the resolution calling for the establishment of War and Economic Crimes court. (allafrica.com)
- During the opening of the 3rd sitting of the 54th Legislature, Dempster told lawmakers not to take debate surrounding the establishment of a war and economic crimes court lightly, because it will help to address the culture of impunity and hold people accountable for past crimes and human rights violations during the civil crisis. (allafrica.com)
- In October 2019, 51 of the 73 members of the 54th Legislature signed a resolution to establish war and economic crimes court in Liberia. (allafrica.com)
- The decision of the lawmakers came shortly after President Weah's message to the 54th United Nations General Assembly in which he named major steps to bring justice for those wrongs committed during the civil war by endorsing a war and economic crimes court. (allafrica.com)
- We have realized that the President is still learning when it comes to the process of establishing war crimes court because, if he had the full disclosure of what war crime is and what the Truth and Recondition Committee report says, then, he will know how to draw his line around the issue of reconciliation, dialogue, and war crimes court," Dempster said. (allafrica.com)
- He said when it comes to the establishment of War Crimes Court, the President will sometimes say one thing and then come back to say another, but the greater goal for Liberia is the responsibility it has to make sure that people who committed war crimes and created untold suffering for the people are brought to justice. (allafrica.com)
- Dempster said that war crimes cannot be dialogued but the best remedy is to establish a court that will bring perpetrators to face justice. (allafrica.com)
- Expressing frustration over a statement made by Pakistan about the apex court verdict on condemned war criminal Motiur Rahman Nizami, Dhaka yesterday asked Islamabad to stop interfering in Bangladesh's internal affairs. (thedailystar.net)
- A large number of states wanted the court to have "universal jurisdiction", that is, the power to prosecute crimes committed anywhere. (greenleft.org.au)
- A document from the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada states that a court found that Teganya was "complicit" in war crimes committed during the Rwandan genocide. (latimes.com)
- Although none of the victorious powers could claim to be innocent of terrible warcrimes, the greatest hypocrisy of the court was the decision to allow the Soviets to sit in judgement. (codoh.com)
Nazi War Cr5
- For the past few years, it has been one of the special concerns of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) to work with other federal agencies to meet the demand for more information about Nazi war crimes and those who committed them. (archives.gov)
- This has been done through NARA's chairmanship of the Nazi War Crimes and Japanese Imperial Government Records Interagency Working Group (IWG). (archives.gov)
- The authority for the IWG is derived from two acts of Congress: the Nazi War Crimes Disclosure Act of 1998 and the Japanese Imperial Government Disclosure Act of 2000, which extended the life of the IWG another two years and confirmed that declassification of documents pertaining to Japanese war crimes is among IWG's responsibilities. (archives.gov)
- The special German office that investigates Nazi war crimes has recommended that prosecutors charge him with accessory to murder and extradite him to Germany for trial on suspicion of involvement in the killing of at least 344,000 Jews at the Auschwitz-Birkenau death camp in occupied Poland. (freerepublic.com)
- Under the leadership of Eli Rosenbaum , the unit had been rooting out ex-Nazis living in the United States since 1979, affecting the deportation of more than 100 people for their involvement in Nazi war crimes. (motherjones.com)
- These documents revealed evidence of war crimes and human rights abuses carried out at the behest of the US government. (greenleft.org.au)
- The High Commissioner (Pillay) is also concerned that legal proceedings have not begun against any LTTE suspect for alleged war crimes or other human rights abuses," the report said. (yahoo.com)
- Taylor, the first African ruler to stand trial for war crimes, is charged with instigating murder, rape, mutilation, sexual slavery and conscription of child soldiers during a brutal civil war in Sierra Leone. (ibtimes.com)
- An Argentine ex-police officer linked to the murder of hundreds of people during the country's "dirty war" was on a plane to Buenos Aires on Monday, after France extradited him to face trial over the disappearance of a student. (france24.com)
- For Trump to order the murder of a foreign government official is a war crime. (indybay.org)
- The clashes have intensified since a Jamaat leader was sentenced to life imprisonment for mass murder during the war in which the country's secular government says three million people were killed. (yahoo.com)
- The articles further report that the Army's inquiry concluded that eighteen U.S. soldiers committed war crimes ranging from murder and assault to dereliction of duty. (hnn.us)
- The crimes of Auschwitz, namely medical experiments and mass murder through the use of poison gas are detailed in the Soviet document USSR-008. (codoh.com)
- In 1940 , several statements were published by the governments of the United Kingdom , Poland , Czechoslovakia, and France on the violations of the laws of war in Poland. (jewishvirtuallibrary.org)
- Two commissions were established in 2015 - one to probe enforced disappearances and another to investigate more than 60,000 complaints of violations committed during the war. (reuters.com)
- None of the warring parties credibly investigated their forces' alleged laws-of-war violations in Yemen. (hrw.org)
- In attempting to discredit the legitimacy of the principle of proportionality, and the ratio of well over 1300 Palestinians killed to 13 Israelis, Cordesman fails to consider that violations of the laws of war are evident in the details of warfare and not simply its aggregate outcome. (huffingtonpost.com)
- All reports of extrajudicial executions and other war crimes and serious violations must be investigated promptly, thoroughly, independently and impartially, with those responsible - up the entire chain of command - brought to justice. (amnesty.org)
- War crimes have been defined by the Tokyo Charter as "violations of the laws or customs of war ,"  which includes crimes against enemy combatants and enemy non-combatants . (wikipedia.org)
- Sri Lankan protesters demonstrate in 2014 against a U.N. resolution calling for a war crimes probe. (cnn.com)
- Moreover, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) in its 2017 report confirmed that Russia used cluster and incendiary weapons in Syria, constituting the war crime of indiscriminate attacks in a civilian populated area. (wikipedia.org)
- What Comes after War in Syria? (spiegel.de)
- UNITED NATIONS, June 8 (UPI) -- Ongoing bloodshed in Syria is indicative of a pattern of systematic abuses that may amount to war crimes, the top U.N. human rights official said. (upi.com)
- YouTube has been criticised for deleting video evidence relating to potential war crimes in Syria as part of its work to remove terrorist content and propaganda from the platform. (sky.com)
- Almost five years of civil war in Syria have led to the deaths of more than 250,000 people. (bbc.com)
- It now appears that he has received those assurances - a development that other war crimes suspects may regard with envy. (bbc.co.uk)
- It puts the Bush Administration in the awkward position of seeking law-enforcement cooperation in tracking down terrorist suspects while opposing an historic new law-enforcement institution for comparably serious crimes. (hrw.org)
- After the German invasion of the Soviet Union in June 1941 and the ensuing crimes against the civilian population and prisoners of war, the Soviets also began to publish statements on the subject. (jewishvirtuallibrary.org)
- The execution of 15 U.S. prisoners of war in Italy ordered by Dostler was an implementation of Hitler's Commando Order of 1942 which required the immediate execution of all Allied commandos, whether in proper uniforms or not, without trial if apprehended by German forces. (wikipedia.org)
- The discovery appears to reinforce prevailing theories about a ceremony known as 'the presentation' that was carried out by the Moche people, an agricultural civilization that flourished between 100 B.C. and 800 A.D. Carlos Wester La Torre, director of the Bruning Museum in Peru and a leader of the dig, said the ceremonial site likely hosted ritual killings of prisoners of war. (freerepublic.com)
- Japan did not sign the 1929 Geneva Convention on the Prisoners of War (except the 1929 Geneva Convention on the Sick and Wounded ),  though in 1942, it did promise to abide by its terms. (wikipedia.org)
- Agent Orange produced by Dow Chemical was used upon prisoners before being used in Vietnam War. (lankaweb.com)
- Hero or war crimes suspect? (bbc.co.uk)
- Bangladesh leader sentenced to death Jump to media player A senior opposition politician in Bangladesh has been sentenced to death after he appealed against his life sentence for war crimes during the struggle for independence from Pakistan. (bbc.co.uk)
- Bangladesh became part of Pakistan at the end of British rule in 1947 but broke away in 1971 after a war between Bangladeshi nationalists, backed by India, and Pakistani forces. (newsmax.com)
- But why should they remain silent when Pakistan denies its army's role in committing war crimes? (thedailystar.net)
- But the country, then known as East Pakistan, won independence with India's help in December 1971 following the nine-month war against then West Pakistan. (sify.com)
- The demand of trying the POWs has been intensified after Pakistan has recently denied committing any war crimes in 1971. (thedailystar.net)
- The cleric in exile is charged with murdering Hindus and raping Hindu women during the war that liberated Bangladesh from Pakistan. (rttnews.com)
- Professor Adrien Wing at the University of Iowa College of Law will speak on the prospects for a 'Truth and Reconciliation Commission' for Palestine, and Charles Allen, Deputy General Council for the Department of Defense in their National Affairs Division will speak on trying detainees at Guantanamo, Iraq and Afghanistan for war crimes. (radioiowa.com)
- As the military wrestled this month with the Haditha case, a jury of Iraq war veterans found Marine Sgt. (ocregister.com)
- Doesn't this indictment have a very strong parallel to the war in Iraq? (abovetopsecret.com)
- Blair and Bush took us to war against Iraq, we may not have liked the regime there, but Iraq wasn't attacking anyone, the big problem in Iraq was the embargo on trade which hurt the ordinary people far more than the regime itself. (abovetopsecret.com)
- Blair admits he engaged in a conspiracy to launch a war against Iraq, in an interview with that well know poliitcal analyst Fern Britton and still he isn't dragged off to a Police cell to face charges. (abovetopsecret.com)
- Former Yugoslav strongman Slobodan Milosevic, who also faced genocide charges for the Balkan wars, died in 2006 before a judgment was issued. (france24.com)
- Not included in Moscow's recounting of the recent history of the Balkan region were the documentation by Serb authorities of mass graves traced back to the wars of the last decade, Milosevic's ambition for a "Greater Serbia," centuries-old strivings for national identity of various ethnic groups, and dissatisfaction with national boundaries set by the great European powers both before and after WWI. (wnd.com)
- Milosevic is midway through his trial on charges of crimes committed during the Balkan wars that broke apart Yugoslavia. (latimes.com)
Guilty of war crimes1
- It was said that Article 7 of the European Convention on Human Rights had been violated when the man was found guilty of war crimes in 1998. (rt.com)
- Members of Boko Haram and other armed groups are responsible for a huge number of heinous crimes - like the abduction of the schoolgirls in Chibok more than three months ago - but the military are supposed to defend people, not to carry out further abuses themselves," said Salil Shetty. (amnesty.org)
- FORT MEADE, Md. (AP) - A former CIA contractor who helped design a harsh interrogation program following the the Sept. 11 attacks sought Friday to minimize the severity of techniques used on the men facing war crimes charges for their alleged roles in the plot. (ap.org)
- As the attacks continue human rights investigators have found widespread evidence of war crimes and crimes against humanity by both sides in the conflict. (abc.net.au)
- Niger's new president Mohamed Bazoum lashed out on Friday at jihadists who have carried out devastating attacks on his country, accusing them of 'war crimes' after he took the helm of the troubled nation. (yahoo.com)
-  War crimes also included deliberate attacks on citizens and property of neutral states as they fall under the category of non-combatants, as at the attack on Pearl Harbor . (wikipedia.org)
- Turkey called the attacks 'obvious' war crimes. (bbc.com)
- The U.N.'s top human rights body on Friday extended by six months the mission of its independent expert panel probing alleged war crimes in Syria's 18-month conflict. (yahoo.com)
- GENEVA (AP) - The U.N.'s top human rights body on Friday named renowned former U.N. war crimes prosecutor Carla Del Ponte to its independent panel probing alleged war crimes in Syria's 18-month conflict. (yahoo.com)
- Beirut) - Parties to Yemen's armed conflict violated the laws of war with impunity in 2016, Human Rights Watch said today in its World Report 2017 . (hrw.org)
- None of the forces in Yemen's conflict seem to fear being held to account for violating the laws of war," said Sarah Leah Whitson , Middle East director at Human Rights Watch. (hrw.org)
- Both sides to the conflict have repeatedly violated the laws of war. (hrw.org)
- This shocking new evidence is further proof of the appalling crimes being committed with abandon by all sides in the conflict. (amnesty.org)
- The Toledo Blade articles represent some of the best reporting on a Vietnam War crime by any newspaper, during or since the end of the conflict. (hnn.us)
- The United States - not Milosevic - is to blame for the war in Kosovo, according to the official government broadcast, which said "it's no secret anymore" that the U.S. helped the Albanian fighters in Kosovo "even before NATO launched its aggression" in 1999 against Yugoslavia. (wnd.com)
- Alleged war crimes are very, very serious crimes. (ynetnews.com)
- DAKAR, May 30 (Reuters) - Chad's defence ministry on Sunday said troops of neighbouring Central African Republic (CAR) had attacked a Chadian military post, killed one soldier, and kidnapped and executed five others - actions it said amounted to a war crime. (reuters.com)
- A politician from Bangladesh's main opposition party has been sentenced to death for war crimes committed during the country's war of independence in 1971. (bbc.co.uk)
- This ultimately escalated into a full war when 25,000 Russian soldiers crossed into Chechnya on 11 December 1994. (wikipedia.org)
- In 1865, Henry Wirz, a Confederate officer, was held accountable and hanged for appalling conditions at Andersonville Prison where many Union soldiers died during the American Civil War. (wikipedia.org)
- There was substantial evidence that he was planning to use the yearly moment honoring the country's war dead to grant executive clemency to several US soldiers and at least one military contractor. (thenation.com)
- Japan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs states that the country acknowledges its role in causing "tremendous damage and suffering" during World War II, especially in regard to the IJA entrance into Nanjing during which Japanese soldiers killed a large number of non-combatants and engaged in looting and rape . (wikipedia.org)
- A Myanmar-appointed panel concluded on Monday that some soldiers likely committed war crimes against its Rohingya Muslim community but the military was not guilty of genocide, findings swiftly condemned by rights groups. (phnompenhpost.com)
- Bangladesh was unable to put on trial Pakistani officers accused of war crimes as they were released as part of a broader peace deal between Delhi and Islamabad. (bbc.co.uk)
- Bangladesh, reeling from a garment factory collapse that killed more than 900 people, has been rocked by protests and counter-protests related to the complex legacy of the independence war in recent months. (sify.com)
- In all, 12 people are standing trial in cases concerning the crimes committed during the war preceding the independence of Bangladesh in 1971. (rttnews.com)
- The High Representative of the European Union said the bloc was following closely the judicial proceedings in Bangladesh concerning the so-called war crimes. (rttnews.com)
- More than half a century after the end of World War II, Japanese war crimes are in the spotlight on both sides of the Pacific. (wsj.com)
- More than six decades after it began, World War II continues to be an abiding interest for Americans- not just those who fought it or had family members in uniform, but also archivists, historians, and journalists. (archives.gov)
- And with all this interest comes continued demand for information to fill in many of the missing details of World War II and the cold war that followed. (archives.gov)
- World War II stands as the central event of the 20th century in its impact on the lives and memories of its survivors, and interest in the war and the Cold War that followed has remained strong among historians as well as the public. (archives.gov)
- Official propaganda and the national education system stress the indignities suffered at the hands of foreign powers from the mid-19th century through World War II. (christusrex.org)
- War crimes were committed by the Empire of Japan in many Asian-Pacific countries during the period of Japanese imperialism , primarily during the Second Sino-Japanese War and World War II . (wikipedia.org)
- These events reached their height during the Second Sino-Japanese War of 1937-45 and the Asian and Pacific campaigns of World War II (1941-45). (wikipedia.org)
- During World War II, Japan's imperialist military invaded Northeast China and afterward spread throughout Southeast Asia, then on to an ill-fated attack on Pearl Harbor. (dissidentvoice.org)
- Johann 'Hans' Breyer, a retired toolmaker, admits he was a guard at Auschwitz during World War II, but told the AP he was stationed outside the facility and had nothing to do with the wholesale slaughter of some 1.5 million Jews and others behind the gates. (freerepublic.com)
- This timely book brings them in, using primary documents to examine the aftermath of the Napoleonic Wars, World War I, the Armenian genocide, World War II, and the recent wars in the former Yugoslavia. (google.com)
- All last week, two dozen lawyers from the U.S. and Sudan huddled here in elegant Mayfair, joining forces for an American Bar Assn. program that aimed to train the African lawyers to gather witnesses and evidence for upcoming war crimes prosecutions. (latimes.com)
- The evidence proves beyond reasonable doubt that Mr Taylor is guilty of those crimes, Hollis said. (ibtimes.com)
- According to the report, Karadzic has been "collecting evidence" linking Milosevic "exclusively" to the war crimes and genocide committed in Bosnia. (wnd.com)
- The ISIS offensive on the eastern front of Iraq's second city was yet more evidence of how all sides are committing war crimes in the raging battle for control of Iraqi territory and resources. (amnesty.org)
- The footage , obtained from numerous sources during a recent trip to Borno state, reveals graphic evidence of multiple war crimes being carried out in Nigeria. (amnesty.org)
- There is very strong evidence that war crimes were carried out. (thedailybeast.com)
- I crossed the gravel field to see the ruins close up and then proceeded to the Exhibition Hall of Evidence of War Crimes by Japanese Army Unit 731 (Unit 731 Museum). (dissidentvoice.org)
- There is insufficient evidence to argue, much less conclude, that the crimes committed were undertaken with the intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical [sic], racial or religious group. (phnompenhpost.com)
- The evidence yields a disturbing finding: the more resources given to the Drug War, the greater the homicide rate. (independent.org)
- Although the defendants were able to produce much evidence to show that the Soviets were guilty of this crime, its true perpetrators have never stood trial. (codoh.com)
President Slobodan Milosevic1
- Many Western leaders are in for surprises within the next few months" during the war-crime trial of former Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic, according to official Russian sources. (wnd.com)
- The protests are one of the main challenges facing the government of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, who opened an inquiry into abuses committed during the war in 2010. (sify.com)
- Regardless of how all the cases play out, it's worth wondering how normal young Americans can end up standing trial for war crimes. (ocregister.com)
- This was the climax of the cooperation between the US and Croatia, which began to develop in 1992 at the beginning of the Serbian-Muslim war. (freerepublic.com)
- The last days of the war could have resulted in a civilian death toll of about 40,000, according to an advisory panel set up by the United Nations Secretary-General - a figure hotly disputed by the previous government. (ipsnews.net)
- A United Nations body adopted a report accusing Israel of "possibly" committing a war crime. (jta.org)
- Can these officials coming to various nations on the pretext of investigating 'alleged war crimes' please tell us what the real agenda is about. (lankaweb.com)