Heat Stress Disorders
A condition caused by the failure of body to dissipate heat in an excessively hot environment or during PHYSICAL EXERTION in a hot environment. Contrast to HEAT EXHAUSTION, the body temperature in heat stroke patient is dangerously high with red, hot skin accompanied by DELUSIONS; CONVULSIONS; or COMA. It can be a life-threatening emergency and is most common in infants and the elderly.
Lung Volume Measurements
HSP70 Heat-Shock Proteins
Blood Volume Determination
Method for determining the circulating blood volume by introducing a known quantity of foreign substance into the blood and determining its concentration some minutes later when thorough mixing has occurred. From these two values the blood volume can be calculated by dividing the quantity of injected material by its concentration in the blood at the time of uniform mixing. Generally expressed as cubic centimeters or liters per kilogram of body weight.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Forced Expiratory Volume
Measure of the maximum amount of air that can be expelled in a given number of seconds during a FORCED VITAL CAPACITY determination . It is usually given as FEV followed by a subscript indicating the number of seconds over which the measurement is made, although it is sometimes given as a percentage of forced vital capacity.
The process of generating three-dimensional images by electronic, photographic, or other methods. For example, three-dimensional images can be generated by assembling multiple tomographic images with the aid of a computer, while photographic 3-D images (HOLOGRAPHY) can be made by exposing film to the interference pattern created when two laser light sources shine on an object.
HSP90 Heat-Shock Proteins
Image Processing, Computer-Assisted
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
HSP72 Heat-Shock Proteins
The part of CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM that is contained within the skull (CRANIUM). Arising from the NEURAL TUBE, the embryonic brain is comprised of three major parts including PROSENCEPHALON (the forebrain); MESENCEPHALON (the midbrain); and RHOMBENCEPHALON (the hindbrain). The developed brain consists of CEREBRUM; CEREBELLUM; and other structures in the BRAIN STEM.
Tomography, X-Ray Computed
The act of breathing with the LUNGS, consisting of INHALATION, or the taking into the lungs of the ambient air, and of EXHALATION, or the expelling of the modified air which contains more CARBON DIOXIDE than the air taken in (Blakiston's Gould Medical Dictionary, 4th ed.). This does not include tissue respiration (= OXYGEN CONSUMPTION) or cell respiration (= CELL RESPIRATION).
Image Interpretation, Computer-Assisted
Sensitivity and Specificity
Analysis of Variance
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
Respiratory Function Tests
HSC70 Heat-Shock Proteins
Functional Residual Capacity
The failure by the observer to measure or identify a phenomenon accurately, which results in an error. Sources for this may be due to the observer's missing an abnormality, or to faulty technique resulting in incorrect test measurement, or to misinterpretation of the data. Two varieties are inter-observer variation (the amount observers vary from one another when reporting on the same material) and intra-observer variation (the amount one observer varies between observations when reporting more than once on the same material).
Ventricular Function, Left
Disease Models, Animal
The measurement of the quantity of heat involved in various processes, such as chemical reactions, changes of state, and formations of solutions, or in the determination of the heat capacities of substances. The fundamental unit of measurement is the joule or the calorie (4.184 joules). (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)
Echocardiography amplified by the addition of depth to the conventional two-dimensional ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY visualizing only the length and width of the heart. Three-dimensional ultrasound imaging was first described in 1961 but its application to echocardiography did not take place until 1974. (Mayo Clin Proc 1993;68:221-40)
RNA sequences that serve as templates for protein synthesis. Bacterial mRNAs are generally primary transcripts in that they do not require post-transcriptional processing. Eukaryotic mRNA is synthesized in the nucleus and must be exported to the cytoplasm for translation. Most eukaryotic mRNAs have a sequence of polyadenylic acid at the 3' end, referred to as the poly(A) tail. The function of this tail is not known for certain, but it may play a role in the export of mature mRNA from the nucleus as well as in helping stabilize some mRNA molecules by retarding their degradation in the cytoplasm.
Radiotherapy Planning, Computer-Assisted
The capability of the LUNGS to distend under pressure as measured by pulmonary volume change per unit pressure change. While not a complete description of the pressure-volume properties of the lung, it is nevertheless useful in practice as a measure of the comparative stiffness of the lung. (From Best & Taylor's Physiological Basis of Medical Practice, 12th ed, p562)
Dose-Response Relationship, Drug
Predictive Value of Tests
In screening and diagnostic tests, the probability that a person with a positive test is a true positive (i.e., has the disease), is referred to as the predictive value of a positive test; whereas, the predictive value of a negative test is the probability that the person with a negative test does not have the disease. Predictive value is related to the sensitivity and specificity of the test.
Any method of artificial breathing that employs mechanical or non-mechanical means to force the air into and out of the lungs. Artificial respiration or ventilation is used in individuals who have stopped breathing or have RESPIRATORY INSUFFICIENCY to increase their intake of oxygen (O2) and excretion of carbon dioxide (CO2).
A family of multisubunit protein complexes that form into large cylindrical structures which bind to and encapsulate non-native proteins. Chaperonins utilize the energy of ATP hydrolysis to enhance the efficiency of PROTEIN FOLDING reactions and thereby help proteins reach their functional conformation. The family of chaperonins is split into GROUP I CHAPERONINS, and GROUP II CHAPERONINS, with each group having its own repertoire of protein subunits and subcellular preferences.
Amino Acid Sequence
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
Blood Flow Velocity
Expiratory Reserve Volume
Any of various animals that constitute the family Suidae and comprise stout-bodied, short-legged omnivorous mammals with thick skin, usually covered with coarse bristles, a rather long mobile snout, and small tail. Included are the genera Babyrousa, Phacochoerus (wart hogs), and Sus, the latter containing the domestic pig (see SUS SCROFA).
Devices or objects in various imaging techniques used to visualize or enhance visualization by simulating conditions encountered in the procedure. Phantoms are used very often in procedures employing or measuring x-irradiation or radioactive material to evaluate performance. Phantoms often have properties similar to human tissue. Water demonstrates absorbing properties similar to normal tissue, hence water-filled phantoms are used to map radiation levels. Phantoms are used also as teaching aids to simulate real conditions with x-ray or ultrasonic machines. (From Iturralde, Dictionary and Handbook of Nuclear Medicine and Clinical Imaging, 1990)
Procedures for finding the mathematical function which best describes the relationship between a dependent variable and one or more independent variables. In linear regression (see LINEAR MODELS) the relationship is constrained to be a straight line and LEAST-SQUARES ANALYSIS is used to determine the best fit. In logistic regression (see LOGISTIC MODELS) the dependent variable is qualitative rather than continuously variable and LIKELIHOOD FUNCTIONS are used to find the best relationship. In multiple regression, the dependent variable is considered to depend on more than a single independent variable.
HSP40 Heat-Shock Proteins
A family of heat-shock proteins that contain a 70 amino-acid consensus sequence known as the J domain. The J domain of HSP40 heat shock proteins interacts with HSP70 HEAT-SHOCK PROTEINS. HSP40 heat-shock proteins play a role in regulating the ADENOSINE TRIPHOSPHATASES activity of HSP70 heat-shock proteins.
Gene Expression Regulation
A species of gram-negative, facultatively anaerobic, rod-shaped bacteria (GRAM-NEGATIVE FACULTATIVELY ANAEROBIC RODS) commonly found in the lower part of the intestine of warm-blooded animals. It is usually nonpathogenic, but some strains are known to produce DIARRHEA and pyogenic infections. Pathogenic strains (virotypes) are classified by their specific pathogenic mechanisms such as toxins (ENTEROTOXIGENIC ESCHERICHIA COLI), etc.
A rigorously mathematical analysis of energy relationships (heat, work, temperature, and equilibrium). It describes systems whose states are determined by thermal parameters, such as temperature, in addition to mechanical and electromagnetic parameters. (From Hawley's Condensed Chemical Dictionary, 12th ed)
Translocation of body fluids from one compartment to another, such as from the vascular to the interstitial compartments. Fluid shifts are associated with profound changes in vascular permeability and WATER-ELECTROLYTE IMBALANCE. The shift can also be from the lower body to the upper body as in conditions of weightlessness.
Severity of Illness Index
Hydroxyethyl Starch Derivatives
A class of statistical methods applicable to a large set of probability distributions used to test for correlation, location, independence, etc. In most nonparametric statistical tests, the original scores or observations are replaced by another variable containing less information. An important class of nonparametric tests employs the ordinal properties of the data. Another class of tests uses information about whether an observation is above or below some fixed value such as the median, and a third class is based on the frequency of the occurrence of runs in the data. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed, p1284; Corsini, Concise Encyclopedia of Psychology, 1987, p764-5)
Saline Solution, Hypertonic
Transmission of energy or mass by a medium involving movement of the medium itself. The circulatory movement that occurs in a fluid at a nonuniform temperature owing to the variation of its density and the action of gravity. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed; Webster, 10th ed)
An element in the alkali group of metals with an atomic symbol K, atomic number 19, and atomic weight 39.10. It is the chief cation in the intracellular fluid of muscle and other cells. Potassium ion is a strong electrolyte that plays a significant role in the regulation of fluid volume and maintenance of the WATER-ELECTROLYTE BALANCE.
HSP20 Heat-Shock Proteins
The formation of an area of NECROSIS in the CEREBRUM caused by an insufficiency of arterial or venous blood flow. Infarcts of the cerebrum are generally classified by hemisphere (i.e., left vs. right), lobe (e.g., frontal lobe infarction), arterial distribution (e.g., INFARCTION, ANTERIOR CEREBRAL ARTERY), and etiology (e.g., embolic infarction).
Ventricular Function, Right
Studies which start with the identification of persons with a disease of interest and a control (comparison, referent) group without the disease. The relationship of an attribute to the disease is examined by comparing diseased and non-diseased persons with regard to the frequency or levels of the attribute in each group.
A curved elevation of GRAY MATTER extending the entire length of the floor of the TEMPORAL HORN of the LATERAL VENTRICLE (see also TEMPORAL LOBE). The hippocampus proper, subiculum, and DENTATE GYRUS constitute the hippocampal formation. Sometimes authors include the ENTORHINAL CORTEX in the hippocampal formation.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Cine
A type of imaging technique used primarily in the field of cardiology. By coordinating the fast gradient-echo MRI sequence with retrospective ECG-gating, numerous short time frames evenly spaced in the cardiac cycle are produced. These images are laced together in a cinematic display so that wall motion of the ventricles, valve motion, and blood flow patterns in the heart and great vessels can be visualized.
Plethysmography, Whole Body
Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.
Descriptive anatomy based on three-dimensional imaging (IMAGING, THREE-DIMENSIONAL) of the body, organs, and structures using a series of computer multiplane sections, displayed by transverse, coronal, and sagittal analyses. It is essential to accurate interpretation by the radiologist of such techniques as ultrasonic diagnosis, MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING, and computed tomography (TOMOGRAPHY, X-RAY COMPUTED). (From Lane & Sharfaei, Modern Sectional Anatomy, 1992, Preface)
Nerve Fibers, Myelinated
A class of nerve fibers as defined by their structure, specifically the nerve sheath arrangement. The AXONS of the myelinated nerve fibers are completely encased in a MYELIN SHEATH. They are fibers of relatively large and varied diameters. Their NEURAL CONDUCTION rates are faster than those of the unmyelinated nerve fibers (NERVE FIBERS, UNMYELINATED). Myelinated nerve fibers are present in somatic and autonomic nerves.
The restriction of a characteristic behavior, anatomical structure or physical system, such as immune response; metabolic response, or gene or gene variant to the members of one species. It refers to that property which differentiates one species from another but it is also used for phylogenetic levels higher or lower than the species.
Radiographic Image Interpretation, Computer-Assisted
Electrophoresis, Polyacrylamide Gel
An imaging technique using compounds labelled with short-lived positron-emitting radionuclides (such as carbon-11, nitrogen-13, oxygen-15 and fluorine-18) to measure cell metabolism. It has been useful in study of soft tissues such as CANCER; CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM; and brain. SINGLE-PHOTON EMISSION-COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY is closely related to positron emission tomography, but uses isotopes with longer half-lives and resolution is lower.
Peripheral AFFERENT NEURONS which are sensitive to injuries or pain, usually caused by extreme thermal exposures, mechanical forces, or other noxious stimuli. Their cell bodies reside in the DORSAL ROOT GANGLIA. Their peripheral terminals (NERVE ENDINGS) innervate target tissues and transduce noxious stimuli via axons to the CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM.
One of the mechanisms by which CELL DEATH occurs (compare with NECROSIS and AUTOPHAGOCYTOSIS). Apoptosis is the mechanism responsible for the physiological deletion of cells and appears to be intrinsically programmed. It is characterized by distinctive morphologic changes in the nucleus and cytoplasm, chromatin cleavage at regularly spaced sites, and the endonucleolytic cleavage of genomic DNA; (DNA FRAGMENTATION); at internucleosomal sites. This mode of cell death serves as a balance to mitosis in regulating the size of animal tissues and in mediating pathologic processes associated with tumor growth.
Heat Pipe Technology: Volume 2. Materials and Applications.
The heat pipe is one of the remarkable achievements of thermal physics and heat transfer engineering in this century because of ... The main applications of heat pipes deal with the problems of environmental protection and energy and fuel savings. The papers ... materials problems and heat pipe technology, and include commercial, scientific and space applications. 1213 pages, © 1993 ... These two volumes consist of more than 100 papers presented at the 7th International Heat Pipe Conference in Minsk. ...
European Seasonal Strip Weather Heating Degree Day (HDD) Volume & Open Interest - CME Group
Climate Change and El Niño Increase Likelihood of Indonesian Heat and Drought in: Bulletin of the American Meteorological...
Interdecadal Variability Driven by Mismatch between Surface Flux Forcing and Oceanic Freshwater/Heat Transport in: Journal of...
Internal oscillations again develop as a result of a mismatch between the atmospheric and oceanic heat transport. In a coupled ... Internal oscillations again develop as a result of a mismatch between the atmospheric and oceanic heat transport. In a coupled ... Parallel experiments are carried out to study the internal variability driven by a constant two-dimensional heat flux field ... Parallel experiments are carried out to study the internal variability driven by a constant two-dimensional heat flux field ...
SID.ir | FLOW AND HEAT TRANSFER ANALYSIS OF INCOMPRESSIBLE FLOW, USING FINITE VOLUME LATTICE-BOLTZMANN APPROACH
Download Free Full-Text of an article FLOW AND HEAT TRANSFER ANALYSIS OF INCOMPRESSIBLE FLOW, USING FINITE VOLUME LATTICE- ... FLOW AND HEAT TRANSFER ANALYSIS OF INCOMPRESSIBLE FLOW, USING FINITE VOLUME LATTICE-BOLTZMANN APPROACH. AEROSPACE MECHANICS ... FLOW AND HEAT TRANSFER ANALYSIS OF INCOMPRESSIBLE FLOW, USING FINITE VOLUME LATTICE-BOLTZMANN APPROACH. ... FARZADI A., RAZAVI S.E., GHASEMI J.. FLOW AND HEAT TRANSFER ANALYSIS OF INCOMPRESSIBLE FLOW, USING FINITE VOLUME LATTICE- ...
Franconatvs, Vulgo Het Vrye (page 64-65) - Volume 4 - Blaeu Atlas Maior, 1662-5
Mini heat pump - Pump - to 20 m³ volume - Gre Pools
... to 20 m³ volume The Mini heat pumps are the new models of heat pumps available in the pool market. These heat pumps are ... The Mini heat pumps are the new models of heat pumps available in the pool market. These heat pumps are installed very easily ... Designed to heat pool water with volumes of to 20 m³. *Effective and economic solution to lengthen our bathing season in our ... Above-ground pools Vacuum Filtration Water treatment heating system Covers Accessories About us Blog After-sales service Area ...
7.5 Heat and Vacuum - PTB.de
... from 3 K up to 200 K and volume of flowing heat transfer media in the temperature range between 3 °C and 90 °C for flow rates ... Chairmanship or membership in international and national expert committees (OIML, CEN, DIN) for heat meters and heat cost ... Workshop: Flow and Heat measurement at high temperatures On 23/24 March 2021, the department will hold a hybrid workshop ... Development and analysis of methods for the improvement of the measuring accuracy and measuring stability of heat meters. ...
Audiobooks written by Maggie Fremont | Audible.com
Heat Up Your Screen, Volume Two * Ten Explicit Erotica Stories * By: Karla Sweet, Francine Forthright, Maggie Fremont, ... Group sex, married swingers, orgies... this collection is filled with a hell of a lot of heat! With rough sex and lots of first ... From teacher-student sex to sex in public, the scenarios are exciting and high heat. Its all just a click away. ... Here are 20 explicit erotica stories packed with heat. From FFM threesomes to sex with strangers, the scenarios are varied and ...
Volume 140 Issue 5 | J. Heat Transfer | ASME Digital Collection
Topics: Flow (Dynamics) , Fluids , Heat exchangers , Heat transfer , Heat , Heat conduction , Modeling , Pressure drop , Two- ... Topics: Absorption , Carbon dioxide , Emissivity , Gases , Heat , Heat flux , Radiative heat transfer , Temperature , Water , ... Topics: Boiling , Flow (Dynamics) , Heat transfer , Heat flux , Forced convection , Bubbles , Heat transfer coefficients , ... Topics: Boiling , Bubbles , Heat flux , Heat transfer , Molecular dynamics , Simulation , Vapors , Water , Atoms , Dimensions ...
By the heat of the sun, things were made to split off from one another and, being projected on high, clashed with one another, ... Encyclopedia Volume. Free World Class Education. FREE Catholic Classes By this term is understood an account of how the ... Burst forth, one nature, from the fervent heat.. Then first came Love upon it, the new Spring. Of mind - yea, poets in their ... excessive heat, and bitter cold. From this enumeration of Ahrimans work one gathers that he and his good adversary were ...
Celebrating The Rate Cut: Refinance Volume Heats Up This Summer
... Published Date August 2, 2019 Author Melissa Ledesma ... The decline in mortgage rates this summer has turned up the heat for refinance application volume, and as long as rates remain ... Plummeting Interest Rates Ignite Explosion Of Refi Volume. Rates for all three of the major mortgage loan types have been ... By June, refinance loan volume was up 92% from June 2018. According to Freddie Macs June 2019 forecast report, in 2019, the ...
curling iron glove products for sale | eBay
Bed Head Curling Iron Wand for Curls & Volume, Heat Glove Included, Curlipops. $10.49 ... Curling Iron Mat, Heat Resistant Mat with Heat Resistant Glove Mat Glove Blue. $11.99 ... Professional Heat Resistant Glove Hair Wand Styling Curling Iron Heat Blocking. $5.14 ... Professional Heat Resistant Glove for Hair Styling Curling Iron, Flat Iron, 2 X. $6.99 ...
Decreeten der Nationale Vergadering, representeerende het volk van Nederland - Google Books
Decreeten der Nationale Vergadering, representeerende het volk ..., Volume 10. Full view - 1796. ... Decreeten der Nationale Vergadering, representeerende het volk van ..., Part 7. Full view - 1796. ... Decreeten der Nationale Vergadering, representeerende het volk van ..., Part 12. Full view - 1797. ...
Freight Costs and Volumes Surge, Inflation Fears Heat Up | Wolf Street
Freight Costs and Volumes Surge, Inflation Fears Heat Up by Wolf Richter • Mar 22, 2018. • 51 Comments February was off the ... 51 comments for "Freight Costs and Volumes Surge, Inflation Fears Heat Up" * Robert. says: ... The report by Cass also pointed out the consequences of this type of shipment volume growth:. Volume has continued to grow at ... The BNSF just reported to the regulators (STB) that in spite of record volume, they still have lots of spare capacity on both ...
Blackwood's Magazine - Google Boeken
Science and Technology - Page 228 - Nova Science Publishers
Investigator and Expositor of Prophecy - Google Boeken
International Heat Transfer Conference 15 - Volume 17, 2014, Fuel Cell - International Heat Transfer Conference Digital Library
International Heat Transfer Conference 8 - Volume 5, 1986, Flow Boiling - International Heat Transfer Conference Digital Library
International Heat Transfer Conference Digital Library Connexion utilisateur Panier Abonnement à la biblothèque: Guest ... Page daccueil Archives Thermal Letter Responsables Réunions à venir Assembly for International Heat Transfer Conferences Page ... Page daccueil Archives Thermal Letter Responsables Réunions à venir Assembly for International Heat Transfer Conferences ... The results are expected to be adaptable for practical heat transfer calculation of high-temperature quenching process for ...
Investigation of welded protective covers for heat treatment in: Pollack Periodica Volume 15 Issue 1 (2020)
Varga T. , Szepesi, G., Siménfalvi Z. Horizontal scraped surface heat exchanger - Experimental measurements and numerical ... A welded steel protective cover used for the heat treatment of steel sheet coils is investigated. The protective cover is made ... Horizontal scraped surface heat exchanger - Experimental measurements and numerical analysis. , Pollack Periodica, Vol. 12. , ... The investigation aimed to improve the lifetime and the number of heat cycles of the protective cover by changing the geometry ...
EPIC Sensor suits high-volume, remote sensing applications.
... - Jun 04, 2012 - Saelig Company Inc ... Thermal & Heating Equipment. *Timers & Clocks. *Transportation Industry Products. *Vision Systems. *Waste Management & Waste ... Saelig Introduces Low-Cost EPIC Sensor for High-Volume Remote Sensing Consumer Applications. Pittsford, NY. Saelig Co. Inc. ... EPIC Sensor suits high-volume, remote sensing applications.. Saelig Company Inc Jun 04, 2012 ...
Solar video: Legionella safety and solar water heating storage - clean energy ideas. | Solartwin - From Genfit
How to install solar-heating to minimise Legionellosis risks. Refers to HSE ACOP L8. ... How solar heating systems can be made safer regarding Legionella. ... DEDICATED SOLAR VOLUME. This element of the design of the solar heating systems comes up in many of the guidance documents, ... This problem will be exacerbated with the use of a pre-heat cylinder as the overall stored volume will be nearer to two days ...
Study on the Rheological Failure Mechanism of Weakly Cemented Soft Rock Roadway during the Mining of Close-Distance Coal Seams:...
Heat, Flow and Deformation in Rock Masses in Extreme Conditions. View this Special Issue. ... According to the curve of creep loading and considering the axial, lateral, and volume deformation characteristics of the rock ... Stress-strain isochronous curve cluster: (a) axial strain; (b) lateral strain; (c) volume strain. ... Volume. 2020. ,Article ID. 8885849. , https://doi.org/10.1155/2020/8885849. Wenkai Ru, Shanchao Hu, Jianguo Ning, Jun Wang, ...
Relationship among blood volume, aerobic fitness, and thermotolerance during uncompensable heat stress - NRC Publications...
Relationship among blood volume, aerobic fitness, and thermotolerance during uncompensable heat stress ... Relationship among blood volume, aerobic fitness, and thermotolerance during uncompensable heat stress. Author. Search for: ... Relationship among blood volume, aerobic fitness, and thermotolerance during uncompensable heat stress. From National Research ... The present study examined the relationships among blood volume (BV), aerobic fitness and thermotolerance as indicated by the ...
Volume Two Forming Methods - Forming by Draw Bench, Power Rolls, and Spinning/Heat Treatment of Aluminum Alloys
International Heat Transfer Conference 8 - Volume 3, 1986, Internal Forced Convection - International Heat Transfer Conference...
A STUDY OF HEAT TRANSFER IN VERTICAL CHANNELS FOR HIGH HEAT LOADS IN THE TRANSITION REGION Jurgis Vilemas, Povilas Poskas pages ... A NEW HEAT EDDY DIFFUSIVITY EQUATION FOR CALCULATION OF HEAT TRANSFER TO DRAG REDUCING TURBULENT PIPE FLOWS H. K. Yoon, Afshin ... International Heat Transfer Conference Digital Library Connexion utilisateur Panier Abonnement à la biblothèque: Guest ... FREE MOLECULAR HEAT TRANSFER IN A RECTANGULAR CHANNEL AT HIGH SPEEDS A. Ansari, D. Widman pages 963-967 DOI: 10.1615/IHTC8.1920 ...
International Heat Transfer Conference 10 - Volume 24, 1994, Special heat exchangers - International Heat Transfer Conference...
Special heat exchangers. Table des matières. RODbaffle HEAT EXCHANGER DESIGN & APPLICATIONS C.C. Gentry pages 137-142 DOI: ... International Heat Transfer Conference Digital Library Connexion utilisateur Panier Abonnement à la biblothèque: Guest ... Page daccueil Archives Thermal Letter Responsables Réunions à venir Assembly for International Heat Transfer Conferences Page ... HEAT EXCHANGER FOR HYDROGEN-ABSORBING ALLOY REFRIGERATION SYSTEM K. Nasako, N. Hiro, T. Nakamura, S. Fujitani, I. Yonezu, K. ...
Second Thermal and Fluids Engineering Conference - Volume 42, 2017, Micro-Nano Heat-Mass Transfer - ASTFE Digital LIbrary
The physical properties and transport behaviors of shale gas have a significant influence on shale reservoirs effective development. In this study, based on the real gas equation of state and dense gas theory, a new method with concise form and good generality was proposed to acquire the dynamic viscosity of the shale gas. On account of this method, a real gas model was developed to theoretically investigate the shale gas transport characteristics in nanopores, considering real gas effect, gas slippage and surface diffusion. In this model, the second-order slippage boundary condition coupled with surface diffusion was presented for the free gas, and the Langmuir adsorption theory was adopted for the adsorbed gas. The results show that the dynamic viscosity of the shale gas is a function of the pore pressure and temperature, and it increases with the pressure, while decreases with the increase of temperature. For free gas, the slippage effect is promoted dramatically through the surface ...
- By June, refinance loan volume was up 92% from June 2018. (digitalmediasolutions.com)
- 2 However, the residual strength measurements and the statistics used to analyze the data are not specific to heat-treatable aluminum alloys and can be used for other specimen orientations and different types of materials. (astm.org)
- Workshop: Flow and Heat measurement at high temperatures On 23/24 March 2021, the department will hold a hybrid workshop together with EMATEM e.V. on the industrial need for flow and temperature measurement at temperatures above 90°C. (ptb.de)
- In this paper, the thermo-hydro dynamical analysis of incompressible flow in conjunction with cell-centered finite volume-lattice Boltzmann method (FV-LBM) was developed. (sid.ir)
- There are, amongst others, standard measurement devices available for the quantities 'temperature difference' from 3 K up to 200 K and volume of flowing heat transfer media in the temperature range between 3 °C and 90 °C for flow rates between 6 l/h and 1000 m³/h. (ptb.de)
- The corresponding mathematical description is given, and a semi-empirical heat transfer correlation thus derived is well verified by experimental data for subcooled deionized water flow under atmospheric pressure. (ihtcdigitallibrary.com)
- TURBULENT HEAT TRANSFER TO THE FLOW IN A CONCENTRIC ANNULUS WITH A ROTATING INNER CYLINDER Sh. (ihtcdigitallibrary.com)
- 5.1 This standard practice is designed to specify the minimum training and testing required of HFE operators trainees before they obtain a Heat Fusion Equipment Operator Qualification card. (astm.org)
- The main applications of heat pipes deal with the problems of environmental protection and energy and fuel savings. (begellhouse.com)
- The papers published here cover basic processes and fundamentals, theoretical and experimental studies of heat pipes and thermosyphons, materials problems and heat pipe technology, and include commercial, scientific and space applications. (begellhouse.com)
- 1.5 The HFE operator qualification shall be on specific heat fusion procedures or standards specified for PE and PA pipes. (astm.org)
- and Luikov Heat & Mass Transfer Institute, Porous Media Laboratory, P. Brovka Str. (begellhouse.com)
- The author describes a series of mechanistic experiments showing the generation of interdecadal variability in the Bryan-Cox ocean general circulation model driven by a constant two-dimensional freshwater or heat flux field alone. (ametsoc.org)
- Parallel experiments are carried out to study the internal variability driven by a constant two-dimensional heat flux field alone. (ametsoc.org)
- The heat pipe is one of the remarkable achievements of thermal physics and heat transfer engineering in this century because of its unique ability to transfer heat over large distances without considerable losses. (begellhouse.com)
- Dissemination of the scale 'thermal energy' for the area regulated by law by means of pattern approval of measurement devices for thermal energy and calibration of selected measurement devices used for comparisons between officially recognized testing laboratories for heat. (ptb.de)
- April 9, 2014 - Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive Released - Solar Thermal has got the great government funding through the Domestic RHI which it deserves! (solartwin.com)
- Solartwin Solar Thermal panels have just become not only a cost cutting and very green option to heat your water but now you will receive additional. (solartwin.com)
- July 12, 2013 - Renewable Heat Incentive Updated - Solar Thermal to have Heavy Support - The Government have today released the Renewable Heat Incentive: The first step to transforming the way we heat our homes. (solartwin.com)
- May 27, 2013 - DECC announce they are doubling the RHPP grant for solar thermal from £300 to £600 - Solar Thermal Panels Receive Huge Renewable Heat Premium Payment - Solar Thermal has received a huge boost, it's a great time to buy a Solartwin Product. (solartwin.com)
- Attend to learn how you can eliminate heat-related product and component failures in your systems at this unique and interactive thermal management conference. (electronics-cooling.com)
- The results are expected to be adaptable for practical heat transfer calculation of high-temperature quenching process for rolled metals. (ihtcdigitallibrary.com)
- These two volumes consist of more than 100 papers presented at the 7th International Heat Pipe Conference in Minsk. (begellhouse.com)
- In this situation, High Volume PCB Assembly acts as a boon for designing the PCB. (electronics-cooling.com)
- Legionella Control International Limited, referred to from hence forth as LCI, have been commissioned by Solar Twin Limited to establish the level of compliance of their direct solar heating system with the HSE guidance note "Legionnaires Disease, The control of legionella bacteria in water systems, Approved Code of Practice and Guidance" referred to from hence forth as L8. (solartwin.com)
- By it we are led in a logical order, which is very beautiful, from the simple idea of temperature , through the registration of this temperature , and finally to the complex idea of the measure of heat . (wikisource.org)
- If you heat a 5 L balloon from a temperature of 250 C to 500 C, its new volume will be? (pakgk.com)
- Unlike purchase loans, which are affected by varying property prices, inventory and new construction, refinance volume is driven primarily by interest rates. (digitalmediasolutions.com)
- In a coupled atmosphere-ocean system the atmospheric freshwater (or heat) transport needs not always match the oceanic freshwater (or heat) transport. (ametsoc.org)
- Space heating is the main factor driving the energy consumption of households. (springer.com)
- Home » Solartwin Features » Solar SAFETY » Solar video: Legionella safety and solar water heating storage - clean energy ideas. (solartwin.com)
- Solar water heating systems = Solar panels + solar energy. (solartwin.com)
- Microwave oven is acting as a source of intense energy to rapidly heat the sample. (astm.org)
- It is believed that the electromagnetic radiation serves as a source of intense energy which rapidly heats the acid solution and the internal as well as the external portions of the individual particles in the slurry. (astm.org)
- Because space heating causes a large fraction of energy consumed in households, occupancy-based heating systems have become more and more popular in recent years. (springer.com)
- We apply our method to a dataset containing such data for several thousand households and show that when taking occupancy into account, a household can save over 9% heating energy on average, while certain groups, such as employed single-person households, can even save 14% on average. (springer.com)
- Using our approach, households with high potential for energy savings can be quickly identified and their inhabitants could be more easily convinced to adopt an occupancy-based heating strategy. (springer.com)
- Space heating in households thus bears great potential for energy savings, leading to both financial and environmental benefits. (springer.com)
- One way to decrease the amount of heating energy is to use a heating strategy based on the occupancy of the dwelling: when a building is unoccupied, the heating is turned down. (springer.com)
- It can be used to easily estimate the energy saving potential of occupancy-based smart heating for a given household. (springer.com)
- In the following we discuss different categories of related work aiming at saving heating energy in households. (springer.com)
- Internal oscillations again develop as a result of a mismatch between the atmospheric and oceanic heat transport. (ametsoc.org)
- Local internal heating taking place on individual particles can result in the rupture of the particles, thus exposing a fresh surface to the reagent contact. (astm.org)
- This rapid and intense internal heating either facilitates the diffusion processes of the inorganic constituents in solution or ruptures the individual particles thereby exposing additional inorganic constituents to the reactive acid. (astm.org)
- 1.1 This practice describes criteria for the training, assessment and qualification of heat fusion equipment (HFE) operators in, but not limited to, a field environment in order to establish and maintain competency in the joining of Polyethylene (PE) and Polyamide (PA) piping systems. (astm.org)
- Given the large variation - and thus the uncertainty - of achievable savings, home owners and tenants are understandably reluctant to install smart heating systems. (springer.com)
- While substantial work has been done on occupancy detection, previous work does not address a combination with heating simulation in order to provide an easily applicable method to estimate this savings potential. (springer.com)
- From teacher-student sex to sex in public, the scenarios are exciting and high heat. (audible.com)
- And, ultimately, the Fed's decision to decrease the benchmark rate from 2.25% to 2.00%, should help mortgage interest rates remain low and refinance loan inquiry volume high. (digitalmediasolutions.com)
- EPIC Sensor suits high-volume, remote sensing applications. (thomasnet.com)
- Saelig Co. Inc. announces the PS25451, an ultra-low cost version of Plessey's award winning EPIC Sensor that provides remote sensing for high-volume consumer markets. (thomasnet.com)
- This surge in shipment volume of 11.4% year-over-year "is yet another data point confirming that the strength in the US economy continues to accelerate," Cass said. (wolfstreet.com)
- Please note that the underlining in the section called dedicated solar volume has been added by Solar Twin Ltd and are not part of the original document. (solartwin.com)
- Save 20% with this PDF pack - containing a complete set of downloadable Fire Service Manuals for Volume 4: Fire Service Training. (tsoshop.co.uk)
- A welded steel protective cover used for the heat treatment of steel sheet coils is investigated. (akjournals.com)