Heart Valve Diseases
Aortic Valve Stenosis
Microfluidic Analytical Techniques
Blood Flow Velocity
Chemistry Techniques, Analytical
Silicone polymers which consist of silicon atoms substituted with methyl groups and linked by oxygen atoms. They comprise a series of biocompatible materials used as liquids, gels or solids; as film for artificial membranes, gels for implants, and liquids for drug vehicles; and as antifoaming agents.
Chromatography, Ion Exchange
Diagnostic Techniques, Surgical
Temporomandibular Joint Disorders
A variety of conditions affecting the anatomic and functional characteristics of the temporomandibular joint. Factors contributing to the complexity of temporomandibular diseases are its relation to dentition and mastication and the symptomatic effects in other areas which account for referred pain to the joint and the difficulties in applying traditional diagnostic procedures to temporomandibular joint pathology where tissue is rarely obtained and x-rays are often inadequate or nonspecific. Common diseases are developmental abnormalities, trauma, subluxation, luxation, arthritis, and neoplasia. (From Thoma's Oral Pathology, 6th ed, pp577-600)
The 7th cranial nerve. The facial nerve has two parts, the larger motor root which may be called the facial nerve proper, and the smaller intermediate or sensory root. Together they provide efferent innervation to the muscles of facial expression and to the lacrimal and SALIVARY GLANDS, and convey afferent information for TASTE from the anterior two-thirds of the TONGUE and for TOUCH from the EXTERNAL EAR.
Drugs designed and synthesized, often for illegal street use, by modification of existing drug structures (e.g., amphetamines). Of special interest are MPTP (a reverse ester of meperidine), MDA (3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine), and MDMA (3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine). Many drugs act on the aminergic system, the physiologically active biogenic amines.
The valveless pulsejet's first widespread use was the Dutch drone Aviolanda AT-21 A properly designed valveless engine will ... It was the grandfather of all valveless pulsejets. The valveless pulsejet was experimented with by the French propulsion ... Valveless pulsejet engines have no moving parts and use only their geometry to control the flow of exhaust out of the engine. ... Valveless designs are not as negatively affected by ram air pressure as other designs, as they were never intended to stop the ...
"February 1906: The valveless motor car". www.theengineer.co.uk. Retrieved 30 July 2019. "Garelli Mosquito". www.ukwheels.com. ...
Timeline of motor vehicle brands
Internal-combustion: Arno, Sheffield-Simplex, Valveless; touring car: Argon; light car: Alex; motorcycle: Premier US. Internal- ...
Danger triangle of the face
Zhang J, Stringer MD (July 2010). "Ophthalmic and facial veins are not valveless". Clinical & Experimental Ophthalmology. 38 (5 ...
doi:10.1016/0924-4247(90)85039-7. Stemme and Stemme (1993). "A valveless diffuser/nozzle-based fluid pump". Sensors and ... doi:10.1016/0924-4247(93)80213-Z. van der Wijngaart (2001). "A valve-less diffuser micropump for microfluidic analytical ... Micropumps having nozzle-diffuser elements as flow rectification device are commonly known as Valveless Micropumps. In ...
Darracq and Company London
At the end of 1912 the chairman reassured shareholders a return on their investment in the valveless motor would arrive in 1913 ... Company Meetings, The New Darracq Valveless Model. The Times, Thursday, Dec 14, 1911; pg. 18; Issue 39768 Darracq Meeting ...
Cavernous sinus thrombosis
It was previously thought that veins in the area were valveless and that this was the major cause of the retrograde spread, but ... "Ophthalmic and facial veins are not valveless". Clin. Experiment. Ophthalmol. 38 (5): 502-10. doi:10.1111/j.1442-9071.2010. ... Studies have since shown that the ophthalmic and facial veins are not valveless. Staphylococcus aureus is the most common ...
List of car manufacturers of the United Kingdom
Valveless (1908-1915). *Vanden Plas (1960-1980). *Vanwall (1954-1960). *Vapomobile (1902-1904) ...
Due to a valveless design, Duke engine loses less energy between the power strokes. Current prototypes of Duke's engines claim ... "Duke Engines' incredibly compact, lightweight valveless axial engine". newatlas.com. Retrieved 2016-10-07. "A four stroke " ...
In 1915 De La Rue launched the Onoto Valveless. The Onoto ink pencil and the Onoto Safety 'Receder' (with retractable nib) ...
Gluhareff Pressure Jet
The Gluhareff Pressure Jet (or tip jet) is a type of jet engine that, like a valveless pulse jet, has no moving parts. It was ... Valveless Pulsejet Pulsejet Jet Engine Rocket Engine Ronald Barrett. "Gluhareff Pressure Jet Engine" (PDF). "US Patent#: ...
Valveless testicular veins are a major contributing factor to varicocele. Since the left testicular vein goes all the way up to ...
Nafir, a long natural horn, a type of valveless trumpet. This instrument is used mostly as a signaling instrument to send out ...
Hudson Motor Car Company
A valveless oil pump improved the Hudson splash lubrication system. The new eights were the only engine offering in the Hudson ...
Donald S. Miller
Singhal, V (2004). "Low Reynolds number flow through nozzle-diffuser elements in valveless micropumps". Sensors and Actuators A ...
... ie using valveless cylinders)...". Four of the five Panhards exhibited featured increasingly lavish and pricey 6-cylinder ...
Pulse Ejector Thrust Augmentor
Valveless pulse jet engines are insensitive to sand and small debris. The engine's thrust augmenters can be incorporated as ...
Valveless pumping assists in fluid transport in various biomedical and engineering systems. In a valveless pumping system, no ... In microfluidics, valveless impedance pumps have been fabricated, and are expected to be particularly suitable for handling ... The fluid pumping efficiency of a valveless system, however, is not necessarily lower than that having valves. In fact, many ... Ink jet printers operating on the piezoelectric transducer principle also use valveless pumping. The pump chamber is emptied ...
Stabat Mater in G minor (Schubert)
However, the early horn was valveless, limiting it from producing certain notes; the minor key setting made it impossible to ...
Symphony No. 1 (Brahms)
Although Brahms commonly specified "natural" (valveless) horn tunings in his compositions (e.g., Horn in F), performances are ...
The old valveless horn was barely capable of playing in B-flat minor; the only example found in 18th-century music is a ...
The two-stroke design introduced in 1908 was the origin of the Valveless. After 1908 production moved to David Brown and Sons ... The valveless motor car". theengineer.co.uk/. Retrieved 1 March 2015. Commercial Motor, 11 October, 1921, p 16 Sharp, Dennis; ...
"A low-energy-consumption electroactive valveless hydrogel micropump for long-term biomedical applications". Lab on a Chip. 11 ( ...
Pulse detonation engine
Valveless designs typically rely on abnormalities in the air flow to ensure a one-way flow, and are very hard to achieve in a ... As with conventional pulsejets, there are two main types of designs: valved and valveless. Designs with valves encounter the ...
Regenerative heat exchanger
This regenerator may be part of a valveless system, such as a Stirling engine. In another configuration, the fluid is ducted ...
Pop pop boat
The internal-combustion analog of the pop pop boat engine is the valveless pulse jet. The operation of the pop pop boat may ... Steam engine Pulse jet engine Valveless pulse jet Feynman sprinkler Basil Harley, Toyshop Steam, (Argus Books, 1978). ISBN 0- ...
These included: Ivyette: This had a 2 ¼ horsepower Valveless 224 cc two-stroke Ivy engine. Designed to be a cheap and reliable ...
The post horn (also post-horn) is a valveless cylindrical brass instrument with a cupped mouthpiece. The instrument was used to ...
In most cases it is beneficial to have a "balanced poppet" in a direct-acting valve. Less force is needed to move the poppet ...
When the caterpillars are ready, they spin a flimsy, valveless cocoon made from a dark, coarse silk. Some larvae will crawl to ...
Valveless - Wikipedia
Valveless pulsejet - Wikipedia
The valveless pulsejet is not really valveless - it just uses the mass of air in the intake tube as its valve, in place of a ... A valveless pulsejet (or pulse jet) is the simplest known jet propulsion device. Valveless pulsejets are low in cost, light ... "Blast Compression Valveless Pulsejet Engine (A Laymans Concept)" (PDF). Retrieved 2013-05-29. Valveless you can find under ... Some basic differences between valved and valveless pulsejets are: Valveless pulsejet engines have no mechanical valve, ...
RespoLab | Valve-less Engineered Face Masks by WIlliam Wood - Kickstarter
Valveless Methanol Metering Pump
Fluid Meterings valveless CeramPump QDX Hazardous Duty Metering Pump is designed for the low volume addition of methanol for ... Ceramic, Valveless Metering Pumps. Hydraulics & Pneumatics. Fluid Metering has been providing pilot plant fluid control ... Valveless Methanol Metering Pump. Enquire / contact me for wastewater denitrification. Hydraulics & Pneumatics. ... Fluid Meterings valveless CeramPump QDX Hazardous Duty Metering Pump is designed for the low volume addition of methanol for ...
www.ASAP.org • View topic - Valved vs. valveless syringoperitoneal shunts?
You have given me something to think about and some questions to ask my neuro consult re the valveless shunt (as not sure what ... valveless syringoperitoneal shunts?. Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? ... valveless syringoperitoneal shunts?. by cashewhead » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:39 am ... valveless syringoperitoneal shunts?. by gunflint » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:37 pm ...
Computational Study of Joint Effects of Shear, Compression and Swirl on Flow and Turbulence in a Valveless Piston-Cylinder...
... was investigated by computational study of idealized valveless piston/cylinder configurations. The main flow cases considered ... Computational Study of Joint Effects of Shear, Compression and Swirl on Flow and Turbulence in a Valveless Piston-Cylinder ... Compression and Swirl on Flow and Turbulence in a Valveless Piston-Cylinder Assembly," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1236, 2001, ... was investigated by computational study of idealized valveless piston/cylinder configurations. The main flow cases considered ...
A Novel Valve-Less Supercharged Small Two Stroke Engine of Top Brake Efficiency Above 36% and Power Density above 100 KW/Liter
1709.05264] Bifurcations in valveless pumping techniques from a coupled fluid-structure-electrophysiology model in heart...
Hnh 430 Pressure Red Valve Less Ends 15 : Hattersley
Hnh 430 Pressure Red Valve Less Ends 15 FEATURES AND BENEFITS. • PRVs enable control of pressure from boosted. cold water ... Hnh 430 Pressure Red Valve Less Ends 15 buy online at trade prices , blog , feedback , view cart , contact us , faq , home ... HNH 430 PRESSURE RED VALVE LESS ENDS 15 Fig. 430 - PRVs enable control of pressure from boosted cold water supplies to match ... Why choose MyTub Limited for hnh 430 pressure red valve less ends 15 004B00430JWM? ...
A valveless capillary mixing system using a novel approach for passive flow control, Microfluids and Nanofluids | 10.1007...
"A valveless capillary mixing system using a novel approach for passive flow control, Microfluids and Nanofluids" on DeepDyve, ... A valveless capillary mixing system using a novel approach for passive flow control. A valveless capillary mixing system using ... A valveless capillary mixing system using a novel approach for passive flow control. Taher, Ahmed; Jones, Benjamin; Fiorini, ... This paper presents an easy-to-fabricate, valveless capillary system allowing for high-reliability flow control without using ...
A Thermopneumatic Valveless Micropump With PDMS-Based Nozzle/Diffuser Structure for Microfluidic System | ASME 2008 First...
A Thermopneumatic Valveless Micropump With PDMS-Based Nozzle/Diffuser Structure for Microfluidic System Lung-Jieh Yang, Tzu- ... A thermopneumatic valveless micropump with a PDMS-based nozzle/diffuser structure was firstly designed and realized herein by ... In this valveless microchannel, fluid is driven by asymmetric flow resistance produced from the nozzle and diffuser ... Yang L, Lin T, Ou Y. A Thermopneumatic Valveless Micropump With PDMS-Based Nozzle/Diffuser Structure for Microfluidic System. ...
valveless vein | Bangladesh Result
Valveless Metering Pump Technology Explained
In this design there are no inlet or outlet valves to control the direction of flow. To achieve the ultra precise pumping action a highly polished piston and sleeve are used. The piston has a flat on the end to provide fluid displacement. As the piston is rotated across the inlet port suction is created and fluid fills the pump chamber. Continuing with its rotation the piston then moves the fluid to the outlet or discharge port. One complete rotation equals one suction and discharge cycle. The piston can also be reciprocated to provide variable displacement during the suction and discharge strokes. By moving the pump head at different angles, the piston stroke length changes and the displaced volume varies resulting in variable outputs. There are infinite flow adjustments from 0-100% based on the pump head alignment angle. The pump design is self-priming with lifts of up to 13 ft possible. Slurries and viscous liquids can be handled and with the use of materials such as silicon carbide (SiC), ...
The Piezoelectric Valve-Less Pump: Series and Parallel Connections | Journal of Fluids Engineering | ASME DC
Average pumping flow rate, for two valve-less pumps in parallel with resistance (R2P, R2P√), CL = 0.5, CH = 1.0, and ωv0 = 1 ... Average pumping flow rate, two valve-less pumps in series with resistance, (R2S, R2S√) CL = 0.5, CH = 1.0, and ωv0 = 1 ... Average pumping flow rate for two valve-less pumps in series (2S, 2S√), CL = 0.5, CH = 1.0, and ωv0 = 1 ... The piezoelectric valve-less pump is an attractive device to be used as a micropump for low flow rates. In these pumps, the ...
July 07, 1888 - Scientific American
US8119419B2 - Check valve-less fluid-transfer collection assembly and method of using the same - Google Patents
US8119419B2 - Check valve-less fluid-transfer collection assembly and method of using the same - Google Patents. Check valve- ... Although the check valve-less fluid transfer collection assembly 10 will be described in terms of transferring a sample fluid ... US12/549,214 2008-08-29 2009-08-27 Check valve-less fluid-transfer collection assembly and method of using the same Active 2029 ... an embodiment of a check valve-less fluid transfer collection assembly 10, and method of using the same will now be described. ...
This reusable face mask uses a pleated HEPA filter to let you breathe 99.9% clean air | Yanko Design
AMT - Development of an automated high-temperature valveless injection system for online gas chromatography
Development of an automated high-temperature valveless injection system for online gas chromatography N. M. Kreisberg. 1, D. R ... Extension of the valveless interface to dual collection cells is presented with less than 3% cell-to-cell carryover. ... A traditional multi-port valve is replaced with a valveless sample introduction interface that offers the advantage of long- ... Field performance results for two versions of the valveless interface used in the in situ instrument demonstrate typically less ...
List of car manufacturers of the United Kingdom - Wikipedia
New Adapter Fittings Products
Continuous variable valve lift - definition of Continuous variable valve lift by The Free Dictionary
Ion Chromatography | Analytical Chemistry | Chemistry | Subjects | Wiley
Patent US7674431 - Microfluidic devices having a reduced number of input and output connections - Google Patents
Ion Chromatography / Edition 4 by James S. Fritz, Douglas T. Gjerde | | 9783527320523 | Hardcover | Barnes & Noble®
Patent US7550267 - Microscale diffusion immunoassay utilizing multivalent reactants - Google Patents
Anatomy Tables - Infratemporal Fossa & Oral Cavity
maaike roozenburg: dutch roots
RIMOWA and dior launch luxe luggage capsule collection
MP26-16: Comparison of Valve-less and Standard Insufflati ... tial Nephrectomy: A Prospective Randomized Trial | AUA University
Comparison of Valve-less and Standard Insufflation on Pneumoperitoneum-Related Complications in Robotic Partial Nephrectomy: A ... MP26-16: Comparison of Valve-less and Standard Insufflation on Pneumoperitoneum-Related Complications in Robo. Open/Close ... Data on the effects of valve-less insufflation (AirSeal) on the development of pneumoperitoneum-related complications, namely ... MP26-16: Comparison of Valve-less and Standard Insufflation on Pneumoperitoneum-Related Complications in Robo. ...
- A thermopneumatic valveless micropump with a PDMS-based nozzle/diffuser structure was firstly designed and realized herein by stacking three layers of PDMS on a glass slide. (asme.org)
- In the second type, valveless micropump with secondary chamber shows that the secondary chamber plays a key role in the application of the valveless micropump. (hindawi.com)
- In addition, when a nozzle/diffuser element is used in valveless micropump, the flow rate can be further improved to 1.183 mL/s at a frequency of 150 Hz. (hindawi.com)
- Moreover, in 2011, valveless micropump with two chambers has been developed to actuate fluid at a higher flow rate in one direction by adding a secondary chamber. (hindawi.com)
- In this study, the actuation mechanism and performance of one-sided piezoelectric actuating micropump with valve/valveless are discussed. (hindawi.com)
- A simple, valveless microfluidic sample preparation device for extraction and amplification of DNA from nanoliter-volume samples. (qxmd.com)
- Some basic differences between valved and valveless pulsejets are: Valveless pulsejet engines have no mechanical valve, eliminating the only internal "moving part" of the conventional pulsejet. (wikipedia.org)
- The valveless pulsejet is not really valveless - it just uses the mass of air in the intake tube as its valve, in place of a mechanical valve. (wikipedia.org)
- A traditional multi-port valve is replaced with a valveless sample introduction interface that offers the advantage of long-term reliability and stable sample transfer efficiency. (copernicus.org)
- Valveless adapter constitutes alternative to Z802 adapters with valve. (thomasnet.com)
- 5 Recently, valveless spacers have been reported to enhance the delivery of aerosol to the lungs in infants with chronic lung disease, when compared to the same spacer with a valve. (bmj.com)
- Fluid Metering 's valveless CeramPump QDX Hazardous Duty Metering Pump is designed for the low volume addition of methanol for nitrate removal in wastewater effluent in small and mid-size treatment facilities. (ien.eu)
- The valveless Fluid Transfer Pump from Fluid Metering, Inc. delivers precision fluid control for analytical instrumentation. (designworldonline.com)
- Brain abscesses are more common in children, adolescents, and young adults (7-20 years of age) than in other age groups because they are likely to have highly vascular diploic bone, which increases valveless bidirectional flow between frontal sinus mucosa and the dural venous drainage. (renalandurologynews.com)
- Performance of air purifying organic vapor respirators in valveless, bidirectional flow configurations. (cdc.gov)
- In this valveless microchannel, fluid is driven by asymmetric flow resistance produced from the nozzle and diffuser configuration. (asme.org)
- FMI's Valveless, Fluid Transfer Pump integrates CeramPump® pumping technology with the long life performance of a brushless DC motor and integral driver electronics. (designworldonline.com)
- Fig. 1 - Illustration of FMI's Valveless Pumping Principle In general, the trend for fluidic systems used for medical applications is to deliver smaller and smaller volumes at higher and higher accuracy. (techbriefs.com)
- This ability is useful in small, valveless fluidic microchips. (unt.edu)
- The potential of single-point turbulence closure models for predicting the flow aerodynamics and turbulence in internal combustion engines (IC) was investigated by computational study of idealized valveless piston/cylinder configurations. (sae.org)
- Computational Study of Joint Effects of Shear, Compression and Swirl on Flow and Turbulence in a Valveless Piston-Cylinder Assembly," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1236, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-1236 . (sae.org)
- This paper presents an easy-to-fabricate, valveless capillary system allowing for high-reliability flow control without using traditional capillary stop or trigger valves. (deepdyve.com)
- Analytical calculations were used to deduce a design criterion for flow control in the valveless system. (deepdyve.com)
- Furthermore, electrical analogy modeling was used to analyze and optimize the flow characteristics in the valveless system. (deepdyve.com)
- At the earliest stages of life, the tubular embryonic heart works as a valveless pump capable of generating unidirectional blood flow. (imechanica.org)
- The first prototype of a valveless pump consisting of a circular cylindrical volume where the top had a thin brass diaphragm to which a piezoelectric disc was fixed and its flow rate was 0.26 mL/s [ 3 ]. (hindawi.com)
- Also the name for a straight, valveless trumpet used in this ceremony. (sporcle.com)
- They have all the advantages (and most of the disadvantages) of conventional valved pulsejets, but without the reed valves that need frequent replacement - a valveless pulsejet can operate for its entire useful life with practically zero maintenance. (wikipedia.org)
- My surgeon is recommending a valveless shunt since valves tend to clog or malfunction and require further surgery. (asap.org)
- Valveless Adapter connects 9 mm and 13 mm systems. (thomasnet.com)
- Cerebral veins are thin, valveless structures that do not contain smooth muscle. (appliedradiology.com)
- Extension of the valveless interface to dual collection cells is presented with less than 3% cell-to-cell carryover. (copernicus.org)
- The unique valveless construction and the excellent resistance to wear of SiC, it is possible to handle slurries with fast precipitation speed as well as abrasive slurries. (iwakipumps.jp)
- A valveless pulsejet (or pulse jet) is the simplest known jet propulsion device. (wikipedia.org)
- The valveless pulsejet is, mechanically speaking, the simplest form of pulsejet, and is, in fact, the simplest known air-breathing propulsion device that can operate "statically", i.e. without forward motion. (wikipedia.org)
- Field performance results for two versions of the valveless interface used in the in situ instrument demonstrate typically less than 2% week −1 response trending and a zero failure rate during field deployments ranging up to 4 weeks of continuous sampling. (copernicus.org)
- 7 The results of our clinical study suggest that a valveless bottle spacer provided effective drug delivery to the lungs resulting in similar bronchodilation compared to that obtained with a valved conventional spacer. (bmj.com)
- You have given me something to think about and some questions to ask my neuro consult re the valveless shunt (as not sure what type I have). (asap.org)
- The Valveless was an English automobile manufactured, after lengthy development, from 1908 until 1915 in Huddersfield, Yorkshire. (wikipedia.org)