Word Association Tests
Electronic hearing devices typically used for patients with normal outer and middle ear function, but defective inner ear function. In the COCHLEA, the hair cells (HAIR CELLS, VESTIBULAR) may be absent or damaged but there are residual nerve fibers. The device electrically stimulates the COCHLEAR NERVE to create sound sensation.
Tests designed to assess language behavior and abilities. They include tests of vocabulary, comprehension, grammar and functional use of language, e.g., Development Sentence Scoring, Receptive-Expressive Emergent Language Scale, Parsons Language Sample, Utah Test of Language Development, Michigan Language Inventory and Verbal Language Development Scale, Illinois Test of Psycholinguistic Abilities, Northwestern Syntax Screening Test, Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test, Ammons Full-Range Picture Vocabulary Test, and Assessment of Children's Language Comprehension.
Database Management Systems
Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of facts and data garnered from material of a specialized subject area and made available for analysis and application. The collection can be automated by various contemporary methods for retrieval. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, BIBLIOGRAPHIC which is restricted to collections of bibliographic references.
A field of biology concerned with the development of techniques for the collection and manipulation of biological data, and the use of such data to make biological discoveries or predictions. This field encompasses all computational methods and theories for solving biological problems including manipulation of models and datasets.
Speech Production Measurement
Analysis of Variance
Terminology as Topic
Contraceptive Agents, Female
Drugs capable of inducing illusions, hallucinations, delusions, paranoid ideations, and other alterations of mood and thinking. Despite the name, the feature that distinguishes these agents from other classes of drugs is their capacity to induce states of altered perception, thought, and feeling that are not experienced otherwise.
Speech Discrimination Tests
Small computers using LSI (large-scale integration) microprocessor chips as the CPU (central processing unit) and semiconductor memories for compact, inexpensive storage of program instructions and data. They are smaller and less expensive than minicomputers and are usually built into a dedicated system where they are optimized for a particular application. "Microprocessor" may refer to just the CPU or the entire microcomputer.
Persons With Hearing Impairments
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Electrical responses recorded from nerve, muscle, SENSORY RECEPTOR, or area of the CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM following stimulation. They range from less than a microvolt to several microvolts. The evoked potential can be auditory (EVOKED POTENTIALS, AUDITORY), somatosensory (EVOKED POTENTIALS, SOMATOSENSORY), visual (EVOKED POTENTIALS, VISUAL), or motor (EVOKED POTENTIALS, MOTOR), or other modalities that have been reported.
Pattern Recognition, Visual
Studies in which subsets of a defined population are identified. These groups may or may not be exposed to factors hypothesized to influence the probability of the occurrence of a particular disease or other outcome. Cohorts are defined populations which, as a whole, are followed in an attempt to determine distinguishing subgroup characteristics.
Contraceptives, Oral, Combined
The part of CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM that is contained within the skull (CRANIUM). Arising from the NEURAL TUBE, the embryonic brain is comprised of three major parts including PROSENCEPHALON (the forebrain); MESENCEPHALON (the midbrain); and RHOMBENCEPHALON (the hindbrain). The developed brain consists of CEREBRUM; CEREBELLUM; and other structures in the BRAIN STEM.
A disturbance in the normal fluency and time patterning of speech that is inappropriate for the individual's age. This disturbance is characterized by frequent repetitions or prolongations of sounds or syllables. Various other types of speech dysfluencies may also be involved including interjections, broken words, audible or silent blocking, circumlocutions, words produced with an excess of physical tension, and monosyllabic whole word repetitions. Stuttering may occur as a developmental condition in childhood or as an acquired disorder which may be associated with BRAIN INFARCTIONS and other BRAIN DISEASES. (From DSM-IV, 1994)
A specified list of terms with a fixed and unalterable meaning, and from which a selection is made when CATALOGING; ABSTRACTING AND INDEXING; or searching BOOKS; JOURNALS AS TOPIC; and other documents. The control is intended to avoid the scattering of related subjects under different headings (SUBJECT HEADINGS). The list may be altered or extended only by the publisher or issuing agency. (From Harrod's Librarians' Glossary, 7th ed, p163)
Abstracting and Indexing as Topic
A cognitive disorder characterized by an impaired ability to comprehend written and printed words or phrases despite intact vision. This condition may be developmental or acquired. Developmental dyslexia is marked by reading achievement that falls substantially below that expected given the individual's chronological age, measured intelligence, and age-appropriate education. The disturbance in reading significantly interferes with academic achievement or with activities of daily living that require reading skills. (From DSM-IV)
Communication Aids for Disabled
Equipment that provides mentally or physically disabled persons with a means of communication. The aids include display boards, typewriters, cathode ray tubes, computers, and speech synthesizers. The output of such aids includes written words, artificial speech, language signs, Morse code, and pictures.
Interviews as Topic
INFLAMMATION of the LIVER in humans caused by HEPATITIS C VIRUS, a single-stranded RNA virus. Its incubation period is 30-90 days. Hepatitis C is transmitted primarily by contaminated blood parenterally, and is often associated with transfusion and intravenous drug abuse. However, in a significant number of cases, the source of hepatitis C infection is unknown.
Unified Medical Language System
A research and development program initiated by the NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE to build knowledge sources for the purpose of aiding the development of systems that help health professionals retrieve and integrate biomedical information. The knowledge sources can be used to link disparate information systems to overcome retrieval problems caused by differences in terminology and the scattering of relevant information across many databases. The three knowledge sources are the Metathesaurus, the Semantic Network, and the Specialist Lexicon.
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
Hospital Information Systems
Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.
A bibliographic database that includes MEDLINE as its primary subset. It is produced by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), part of the NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE. PubMed, which is searchable through NLM's Web site, also includes access to additional citations to selected life sciences journals not in MEDLINE, and links to other resources such as the full-text of articles at participating publishers' Web sites, NCBI's molecular biology databases, and PubMed Central.
Computerized compilations of information units (text, sound, graphics, and/or video) interconnected by logical nonlinear linkages that enable users to follow optimal paths through the material and also the systems used to create and display this information. (From Thesaurus of ERIC Descriptors, 1994)
Substance Abuse Treatment Centers
Databases, Nucleic Acid
Task Performance and Analysis
Statistical models which describe the relationship between a qualitative dependent variable (that is, one which can take only certain discrete values, such as the presence or absence of a disease) and an independent variable. A common application is in epidemiology for estimating an individual's risk (probability of a disease) as a function of a given risk factor.
Image Processing, Computer-Assisted
Studies which start with the identification of persons with a disease of interest and a control (comparison, referent) group without the disease. The relationship of an attribute to the disease is examined by comparing diseased and non-diseased persons with regard to the frequency or levels of the attribute in each group.
Various units or machines that operate in combination or in conjunction with a computer but are not physically part of it. Peripheral devices typically display computer data, store data from the computer and return the data to the computer on demand, prepare data for human use, or acquire data from a source and convert it to a form usable by a computer. (Computer Dictionary, 4th ed.)
Analog or digital communications device in which the user has a wireless connection from a telephone to a nearby transmitter. It is termed cellular because the service area is divided into multiple "cells." As the user moves from one cell area to another, the call is transferred to the local transmitter.
A method of differentiating individuals based on the analysis of qualitative or quantitative biological traits or patterns. This process which has applications in forensics and identity theft prevention includes DNA profiles or DNA fingerprints, hand fingerprints, automated facial recognition, iris scan, hand geometry, retinal scan, vascular patterns, automated voice pattern recognition, and ultrasound of fingers.
National Library of Medicine (U.S.)
An agency of the NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH concerned with overall planning, promoting, and administering programs pertaining to advancement of medical and related sciences. Major activities of this institute include the collection, dissemination, and exchange of information important to the progress of medicine and health, research in medical informatics and support for medical library development.
Protective measures against unauthorized access to or interference with computer operating systems, telecommunications, or data structures, especially the modification, deletion, destruction, or release of data in computers. It includes methods of forestalling interference by computer viruses or so-called computer hackers aiming to compromise stored data.
Estrogen Replacement Therapy
The use of hormonal agents with estrogen-like activity in postmenopausal or other estrogen-deficient women to alleviate effects of hormone deficiency, such as vasomotor symptoms, DYSPAREUNIA, and progressive development of OSTEOPOROSIS. This may also include the use of progestational agents in combination therapy.
Sequence Analysis, Protein
Radiology Information Systems
Health Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice
A province of Canada on the Pacific coast. Its capital is Victoria. The name given in 1858 derives from the Columbia River which was named by the American captain Robert Gray for his ship Columbia which in turn was named for Columbus. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p178 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p81-2)
Central Nervous System Stimulants
Consumer Health Information
Rats, Inbred Strains
Linear POLYPEPTIDES that are synthesized on RIBOSOMES and may be further modified, crosslinked, cleaved, or assembled into complex proteins with several subunits. The specific sequence of AMINO ACIDS determines the shape the polypeptide will take, during PROTEIN FOLDING, and the function of the protein.
A cognitive disorder marked by an impaired ability to comprehend or express language in its written or spoken form. This condition is caused by diseases which affect the language areas of the dominant hemisphere. Clinical features are used to classify the various subtypes of this condition. General categories include receptive, expressive, and mixed forms of aphasia.
Contraceptives, Oral, Hormonal
Speech Reception Threshold Test
Therapeutic practices which are not currently considered an integral part of conventional allopathic medical practice. They may lack biomedical explanations but as they become better researched some (PHYSICAL THERAPY MODALITIES; DIET; ACUPUNCTURE) become widely accepted whereas others (humors, radium therapy) quietly fade away, yet are important historical footnotes. Therapies are termed as Complementary when used in addition to conventional treatments and as Alternative when used instead of conventional treatment.
Maleness or femaleness as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from SEX CHARACTERISTICS, anatomical or physiological manifestations of sex, and from SEX DISTRIBUTION, the number of males and females in given circumstances.
The arrangement of two or more amino acid or base sequences from an organism or organisms in such a way as to align areas of the sequences sharing common properties. The degree of relatedness or homology between the sequences is predicted computationally or statistically based on weights assigned to the elements aligned between the sequences. This in turn can serve as a potential indicator of the genetic relatedness between the organisms.
Pattern Recognition, Physiological
Contraceptives, Oral, Synthetic
Procedures for finding the mathematical function which best describes the relationship between a dependent variable and one or more independent variables. In linear regression (see LINEAR MODELS) the relationship is constrained to be a straight line and LEAST-SQUARES ANALYSIS is used to determine the best fit. In logistic regression (see LOGISTIC MODELS) the dependent variable is qualitative rather than continuously variable and LIKELIHOOD FUNCTIONS are used to find the best relationship. In multiple regression, the dependent variable is considered to depend on more than a single independent variable.
Health Services Accessibility
Pattern Recognition, Automated
Data Interpretation, Statistical
Anti-Inflammatory Agents, Non-Steroidal
Anti-inflammatory agents that are non-steroidal in nature. In addition to anti-inflammatory actions, they have analgesic, antipyretic, and platelet-inhibitory actions.They act by blocking the synthesis of prostaglandins by inhibiting cyclooxygenase, which converts arachidonic acid to cyclic endoperoxides, precursors of prostaglandins. Inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis accounts for their analgesic, antipyretic, and platelet-inhibitory actions; other mechanisms may contribute to their anti-inflammatory effects.
A language dysfunction characterized by the inability to name people and objects that are correctly perceived. The individual is able to describe the object in question, but cannot provide the name. This condition is associated with lesions of the dominant hemisphere involving the language areas, in particular the TEMPORAL LOBE. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p484)
Databases as Topic
... and Scripsit word-processing programs...The Model 16 can accommodate up to six users..." Goben, David. "In Search of Lost ... Super SCRIPSIT word- processing program ($199, Model III), which rivals the features of $10,000 office word-processing machines ... Scripsit is a word processing application written for the Radio Shack TRS-80 line of computers. Versions were available for ... word processing aid) (evaluation) By Dan Robinson. - CREATIVE COMPUTING VOL. 9, NO. 2 / FEBRUARY 1983 / PAGE 63 Mini Review of ...
TRS-80 Model II
Tandy offered multi-user word processing (Scripsit 16), spreadsheet (Multiplan), and a 3GL "database" (Profile 16, later ... and Scripsit word-processing programs...The Model 16 can accommodate up to six users..." Mace, Scott (1983-07-25). "Tandy ... to general-purpose applications for word processing, database management, and later spreadsheet work. Some were produced in- ... If the user is planning to run a BASIC program that performs file handling, it is also required to specify the number of open ...
... and word processing tasks not used to control hardware via command-line interface or graphical user interface. This does not ... User-written software tailors systems to meet the user's specific needs. User-written software includes spreadsheet templates, ... Some application packages focus on a single task, such as word processing; others, called integrated software include several ... Even email filters are a kind of user software. Users create this software themselves and often overlook how important it is. ...
... another professional word processing software, first released in 1991 "Meeting Notes Archive". Chicago InDesign User Group. 4 ... The software includes standard word processing features such as spell check, track changes, and word count, and has various ... Official website InCopy software updates from versions CS to CS6 available direct from Adobe Adobe "User to User" forums for ... InCopy is used for general word processing. The software enables editors to write, edit, and design documents. ...
Direct manipulation interface
The user interface for word processing, for example, is commonly used. It is easy to learn for new users and is sufficient for ... The process of generating CG images is not considered to be intuitive or easy in comparison to the difficulty of what the user ... most word processing purposes, so it is a mostly solved and standardized UI. However, the user interfaces for 3D computer ... Having real-world metaphors for objects and actions can make it easier for a user to learn and use an interface (some might say ...
Nonetheless, the word processing was not of the highest quality, and the PT65 was subject to software errors that scrambled the ... Addresses were 16 bits, with each of up to 32 time-sharing (time slice) users, receiving a virtual 64 K-word address space. It ... Word processing was available either on dumb terminals like the PT25, PT45 and PST100, or on the partially intelligent PT65 ... The PT65 had to download the word processing software from the host minicomputer whenever the terminal was turned on. The ...
Text Services Framework
ctfmon (ctfmon.exe) is a process used to activate the Alternative User Input Text Input Processor (TIP) and also the Microsoft ... The Text Services Framework is designed to offer advanced language and word processing features to applications. It supports ... ISVs can write their own text processing feature for TSF. TSF-enabled applications can receive text input from any text service ... Ctfmon is also a component of Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, Windows Vista and Windows 7 which enables advanced user input ...
While WordPerfect had more than 50% of the worldwide word-processing market in 1995, by 2000 Word had up to 95%; it was so ... It allowed a user with certain compatible printers to use Word Perfect as a conventional typewriter. This functionality was ... "Word Perfect Furor". "ST USER". Atkin, Denny (August 1989). "Amiga Isn't Perfect". Compute!. p. 7. Retrieved 11 November 2013 ... By the time WordPerfect 6.0 was released, the company had grown "to command more than 60 percent of the word processing ...
... word processing capability, which had previously only been available with dedicated word processors. As of 2007, Vector Graphic ... still had a small but active user community. Corona Data Systems - founded in 1982 by Robert Harp Back On Line: Lore Harp; Can ... Vector Graphic was known for their Memorite word processing application. When combined with the Flashwriter, the Vector Graphic ...
... word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation files can be opened in earlier versions of iWork applications Pages, ... "AppleWorks Users Group (AWUG), iWork Users Group (iWUG)". awug.org. Retrieved December 3, 2017. "Abandoning AppleWorks". wilmut ... The iWork package, which includes a word processing program, a spreadsheet, and a presentation graphics program, is intended to ... Apple instead promoted its recently launched iWork suite as a replacement, which contains word processing, spreadsheet, and ...
A user could use pfs:Write for word processing and link to Lotus 1-2-3 for spreadsheet use through the pfs menu system. Some ... "an elementary program for users who don't have time to major in word processing or who have basic needs". It cited "major ... but as Lotus was deficient in word processing, this proved popular, especially among users already devoted to 1-2-3. Byte in ... Cameron, Janet (1984). "Word Processing Revisited". Byte (review). p. 171. Retrieved 23 October 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged ...
Internet scavenger hunt
Hunts can also be crafted in some word processing software and run from the individual computer desktop. Some developers are ... A moderately challenging activity takes the user to a web site that has the answer to a posed question and requires them to ... The single site strategy is employed to introduce users to the elements of a highly sophisticated site like the Library of ... Hunts offer several advantages to using the Internet with younger web users. Since the developer chooses the web pages and ...
Real program word processing software tool software of CAD user's application software (i.e.: MIS) Component Benchmark / ... Users can have very different perceptions of performance than benchmarks may suggest. In particular, users appreciate ... Transaction Processing Performance Council (February 1998). "History and Overview of the TPC". TPC. Transaction Processing ... "TPC-A". Transaction Processing Performance Council. Retrieved 2018-07-02. Transaction Processing Performance Council. "TPC-C". ...
Microsoft Office 2010
... and Word. The main process of each app is assigned the current user's access token and hosts the Office user interface elements ... New features in Word 2010 A new navigation pane replaces the document map in previous versions of Word and allows users to drag ... Users can adjust the zoom level of Outlook. Users are now notified before sending a message without a subject. Users are now ... which automatically resizes the selection rectangle when users start the crop process; users can manually resize the selection ...
While some modern word processing programs include limited outline capability, none has the features of KAMAS. A number of ... None has achieved a significant market share, or the enthusiastic user base which supported KAMAS. Adam Trent ... which required extensive editing to import into a word processing program. Except for a limited export in the MS-DOS version to ... It was a type of word processor that edited outline elements, enabling showing, hiding, promotion, demotion, and moving ( ...
For example, in a word-processing program, the user manipulates document files that the user personally names. Although the ... Microsoft Word files are normally created and modified by the Microsoft Word program in response to user commands, but the user ... content of the document file is arranged in a format that the word-processing program understands, the user is able to choose ... Files are typically organized in a file system, which tracks file locations on the disk and enables user access. The word "file ...
Features new to Windows XP
Session ID and User name columns have been added on the Processes tab. The Delete key can also be used to terminate processes ... The Text Services Framework is designed to offer advanced language and word processing features to applications. It supports ... Fast user switching allows another user to log in and use the system without having to log out the previous user and quit his ... Per-user Recycle Bin for NTFS volumes. In earlier versions of Windows NT, one user could see the other user's deleted files ...
... and was actively marketed to Wang corporate users, while several other WYSIWYG word processing programs also became popular. ... general-purpose personal computers with word processing software in the 1980s. Word processing was not actually the mainstay of ... The calculators, word processing systems and OIS were sold into individual departments, bypassing the corporate data-processing ... On its journey from calculators and word processing to serious data processing Wang developed and marketed several lines of ...
Mac OS X Tiger
... mail messages and word processing files. Complete keyboard navigation lets the user control the computer with the keyboard ... Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger was included with all new Macs, and was also available as an upgrade for existing Mac OS X users, or users ... However, the user interface was criticized for creating a hybrid widget that looks like a plain button but acts like a pop-up ... Apple notes that this will be a user-level feature in a future version of Mac OS X. Among the changes, the maximum size of ...
The Star user interface was based on the concept of objects. For example, a word processing document would hold page objects, ... The software development process was intense. It involved much prototyping and user testing. The software engineers had to ... However, comparison with the IBM PC may be irrelevant: well before it was introduced, buyers in the Word Processing industry ... Teams in El Segundo and Palo Alto collaborated on developing the user interface and user applications. The staff relied heavily ...
A M Jacquard Systems
The systems were sold with Type-Rite, a word processing system and Data-Rite, a data management system. They also offered ... The original J100 Videocomputer, a "shared logic" system was joined by the single user J500 Videocomputer. Jacquard was ... Their word processors, manufactured by AM Jacquard Systems and in operation at Stanwick since 1978, have significantly reduced ... This article describes the AM text 4256 stand-alone word processor from AM Jacquard Systems Ltd [...] The system can interface ...
Word processing that works for you on many different levels". InfoWorld. 11 (44): 12. October 30, 1989 - via Google Books. ... Because the two systems were so similar, an experienced Displaywriter user could start using DisplayWrite immediately. For the ... DisplayWrite's feature set was based on the IBM Displaywriter System, a dedicated microcomputer-based word processing machine. ... DisplayWrite/36 was the word processing component of IBM Office/36, which allowed an office to use the SQL-based database file ...
These analyzers provide features such as text segmentation, word normalization, and entity recognition when processing text ... Faceted Navigation allows users to specify a field to facet in the query parameters passed to Azure Search. Users can drill ... This allows users to explore data based on a specified geographic location. An overview of Geo-spatial support can be found in ... Type-ahead queries or auto-complete search bars provide potential search terms while a user types. The suggestions capability ...
John Fry (journalist)
He was an early user of computer word processing, enabling freelancers to operate from their homes. He wrote a column on ...
... it increased user expectations of a word processing program. MacWrite established the conventions for a GUI-based word ... and was based on a word processing engine purchased from Quark, Inc. By 1989 Word already dominated the Mac with about 60% ... List of word processors Pages, the word processor in Apple's iWork suite Citations "Macintosh: The Word Explosion". Compute!'s ... The word-processing module of AppleWorks is very similar to MacWrite Pro. While it was written entirely from scratch, it ...
... word processing, games and utilities to advanced payroll, accounting and industry specific applications. Users wanted readily ... The company believed the more end-users learned about computers and the engineering behind Core products, the less these users ... Users and the computer press raved about Core's products. InfoWorld described Core's ATplus "is built like a Sherman tank, ... A User's View. InfoWorld. Retrieved January 31, 2010. Bates, James (March 17, 1987). "Disk-Drive Maker Put Its Eggs in One ...
Complete Word processing software in ROM. 16 kilobytes of RAM. Rechargeable Nickel-cadmium batteries - sufficient to run the ... To type a letter "T", for example, the user would tap the top thumb button to shift to uppercase, then chord a "t" by pressing ... There were two versions of the interface software, one optimised for entering BBC BASIC commands, the other for word processing ... The second thumb button is used to toggle through a range of modes that allow the user to switch case, enter numbers, insert ...
Strategic planning software
The user was to be guided through the steps of the planning process. The process of guidance existed at several potential ... Word processing and spreadsheet templates are common in this area. Consolidation is often a critical aspect of this domain with ... Previously, report creation often required hand writing or dictation which was then typed up by a secretary or word processing ... As a result, strategic planning software was relatively simple to create via word processing templates, graphical outputs and ...
AtariWriter, a word-processing application introduced in 1982, featured undo. NewWord, another word-processing program released ... When multiple users can edit the same document simultaneously, a multi-user undo is needed. Global multi-user undo reverts the ... Local multi-user undo only reverts actions done by the local user, which requires a non-linear undo implementation. Where undo ... But the most popular development for novice users in FRESS was not its capacity to accommodate multiple displays and users; it ...
Expense and cost recovery system
... to support user applications such as word processing, graphics, document management, spreadsheets; and cost recovery devices ... so they can be processed into billing. Security features are sometimes available to control access by the user to only those ... User security access - Access rights (viewing or editing) may be established by user and cost type. This permits a company to ... Multiple user identifiers - Employees can be recorded in an ECRS so that they may have an unlimited number of identifiers that ...
Error correction code
ECC processing in a receiver may be applied to a digital bit stream or in the demodulation of a digitally modulated carrier. ... If the number of errors within a code word exceeds the error-correcting code's capability, it fails to recover the original ... the corruption of some symbols by noise usually allows the original user data to be extracted from the other, uncorrupted ... No word is completely lost and the missing letters can be recovered with minimal guesswork. ...
... may lead to a false understanding of the body and of the process of science. Steven Novella, a ... In this case, the words balance and holism are often used alongside complementary or integrative, claiming to take into account ... A 2015 study of users in the United States also found elevated blood lead levels in 40 percent of those tested. Other concerns ... CAM includes such resources perceived by their users as associated with positive health outcomes. Boundaries within CAM and ...
Chi's Sweet Home
While being housebroken, the kitten mistakenly answers to "Chi" (as in shi- from shikko, the Japanese word for "urine") and ... Chi tries to remove the tape off her tail, and in the process she wrecks Dad's room. ... Chi believes she understands why people say a certain word to her a lot. ... Magic User's Club (1999). *Bomberman B-Daman Bakugaiden V (1999-2000). 2000-2005. *Boogiepop Phantom (2000) ...
Re-education through labor
Among its criticisms it cited the fact that the wording of re-education through labor laws was excessively vague, allowing ... Most detainees in re-education through labor facilities are reported to be drug users, petty criminals, and prostitutes, as ... the WGAD called for the establishment of rights to due process and counsel for individuals detained; and in 2005, the ...
Level of measurement
Duncan (1986) objected to the use of the word measurement in relation to the nominal type, but Stevens (1975) said of his own ... A common application of the law is the analytic hierarchy process. Further progress was made by Georg Rasch (1960), who ... Statistical analysis software such as SPSS requires the user to select the appropriate measurement class for each variable. ... This ensures that subsequent user errors cannot inadvertently perform meaningless analyses (for example correlation analysis ...
Unisex public toilet
Multi-user facilities which are open to all and where users may either share sinks in an open area or each have their own sink ... They also object to the replacement of the word "sex" with the word "gender." Such persons often express a preference for the ... by excluding women/girls from important social networking processes in male toilets. Important agreements and decisions by ... This ordinance directed all city bureaus to convert all "single-user gender-specific restrooms" into "all-user restrooms" ...
"War" cannot be started with a permbanned user. All article edits by banned users are to be reverted immediately, despite the ... Why don't we just take out the word harsh and let people decide for themselves? heqs ·:. 02:40, 22 June 2007 (UTC). I do not ... I'm in the process of doing that now. It is, however, difficult to expect the people who contribute these sort of articles to ... This is Bot placed notification, another user has nominated/tagged the image --CommonsNotificationBot (talk) 01:10, 27 April ...
The word "technology" can also be used to refer to a collection of techniques. In this context, it is the current state of ... The use of tools by early humans was partly a process of discovery and of evolution. Early humans evolved from a species of ... Modern technology increasingly relies on training and education - their designers, builders, maintainers, and users often ... Many technological processes produce unwanted by-products known as pollution and deplete natural resources to the detriment of ...
Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Mathematics
And this: The word "isotopy " refers to the deformation of the string. The word "ambient" refers to the fact that the string is ... In the process, I've added several figures and tables, and almost doubled the size of the entry. I've tried to be careful and ... Just a reminder about m:Wikimedia Community User Group Math, which any person who supports the group's goals is welcome to join ... This is maybe a bit of a quibble, but I don't think "concept" is the right word for topology in the sense of a collection of ...
"One of the horrible words we use is 'users'. I am on a crusade to get rid of the word 'users'. I would prefer to call them ' ... through a process known as identity correlation. In Unix systems, the username is correlated with a user identifier or user id. ... End user. See also: End user. End users are the ultimate human users (also referred to as operators) of a software ... A user often has a user account and is identified to the system by a username (or user name). Other terms for username include ...
In the open-source industry, the user decides the quality of the software. A user must learn the skills of software creation ... The authors then suggest that GitHub, as a tool, can aid in this process by supporting "checkbox" features on a team's open ... The defendant claimed Artistic License in not adhering to the conditions of the software's use, but the wording of the ... community has no clear distinction between developers and users, because all users are potential developers. There is a large ...
listen)) is the science and practice of the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. The word "medicine" is ... Molecular biology is the study of molecular underpinnings of the process of replication, transcription and translation of the ... International healthcare policy researchers have advocated that "user fees" be removed in these areas to ensure access, ... These are the 'symptoms.' They are in the patient's own words and are recorded along with the duration of each one. Also called ...
Wikipedia talk:Manual of Style
The word in dispute was "Haynes", which I maintain is commonly pronounced Haynes's, reflecting the equivalent sounding words of ... The Arbitration Committee has authorized uninvolved administrators to impose discretionary sanctions on users who edit pages ... or any normal editorial process. ... not with its wording. However it is worded, if the appropriate ... I was always taught that essentially any word ending in "s" should be possessified (!) by just appending an apostrophe. I have ...
... auditory processing disorders, cochlear implant users and/or hearing aid users), from pediatric populations to veterans and may ... Berger, KW (1976). "Genealogy of the words "audiology" and "audiologist"". Journal of the American Audiology Society. 2 (2): 38 ...
ASTM E2314: Standard Test Method for Determination of Effectiveness of Cleaning Processes for Reusable Medical Instruments ... Although these bodies often collaborate and discuss the definition in general, there are subtle differences in wording that ... the FDA issued to regulate mobile medical applications and protect users from their unintended use, soon followed by European ... Zuckerman, Diana (2011), "Medical Device Recalls and the FDA Approval Process", Archives of Internal Medicine, 171 (11): 1006- ...
Computer graphics (computer science)
"Digital Geometry Processing". cs.ubc.ca. Retrieved 2014-05-01.. *^ "Discrete Differential Geometry". ddg.cs.columbia.edu. ... Computer Graphics and User Interfaces Lab at Columbia University. *High Performance Computer Graphics Lab at Purdue University ... Note that there is some confusion since the word "shader" is sometimes used for programs that describe local geometric ... It focuses on the mathematical and computational foundations of image generation and processing rather than purely aesthetic ...
... appended after his name the word "epoiei" (ἐποίει, "he made it"). In The Assumption the painter used the word "deixas ... the process for the activation of the painterly values of El Greco which had been started by Manet and carried on by Cézanne".[ ... by the user. ... in the words of Ephraim Chambers' Cyclopaedia in 1899. ... "Δομήνικος Θεοτοκόπουλος (Doménicos Theotocópoulos) ἐποίει." The words El Greco used to sign his paintings. ...
The selection process is deterministic, although it may be based on earlier preferences established by the same process. ... "This emphasis upon words has led some philosophers to claim the problem is merely verbal and thus a pseudo-problem. In ... Tor Nørretranders (1998). "Preface". The user illusion: Cutting consciousness down to size (Jonathan Sydenham translation of ... but is inferred from various cues through an intricate mental process, authorship processing. Although many interpret this work ...
Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society
In August 2011, users uploaded over 18,500 articles to the collections of the Internet Archive. The collection received 50 ... The Committee mostly based its judgements on which papers to publish and which to decline on the 300 to 500-word abstracts of ... The editorial processes were also transformed. In 1968 the Sectional Committees had been abolished (again). Instead, the ... The Sectional Committees took on the task of managing the refereeing process after papers had been read before the Society. ...
Hard disk drive failure
Around 1995 IBM pioneered a technology where a landing zone on the disk is made by a precision laser process (Laser Zone ... If either the drive or the media is dirty, users may experience the buzz of death when attempting to access the drive. ... in other words no failures attributed to the head-platter interface were seen before at least 50,000 start-stop cycles during ... disk manufacturers argue that the calculation [of MTBF] corresponds to a user who buys a disk and keeps replacing the disk ...
... the ordering of bytes in a 16-bit word differs from the ordering of 16-bit words within a 32-bit word. Such cases are sometimes ... And if you think about a serial machine, you have to process all the addresses and data one-bit at a time, and the rational way ... When reading the file, the application converts the endianness, invisibly from the user. An example of the first case is the ... which bit should travel first, the bit from the little end of the word, or the bit from the big end of the word? The followers ...
Consumer Thought Process. Meaningful Savings: Gain or Loss. Many discounts are designed to give consumers the ... The right digit effect focuses on the right digits of prices when the left digits are the same. In other words, prices like ... 1. Consumer sales promotions: Sales promotions targeted at consumers or end-users and designed to stimulate the actual purchase ... Operates and influences only the last phase of the purchase process;. *Exhibits a secondary role in relation to other forms of ...
A poorly worded press release is not very reliable. Vesta may be a Dwarf Planet Remnant, and thus may not be an asteroid *IF* ( ... User:126.96.36.199 is correct in their calculations.. Are external references really needed? This is pretty simple math:. ... it is the same process as we know ALH84001 is from Mars. I just read about Vesta and those meteorites probably did originate in ... on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors. ...
A visually impaired infant may jabber and imitate words sooner than a sighted child, but may show delay when combining words to ... In addition to making rules about who can and cannot use a cane, some governments mandate the right-of-way be given to users of ... It has been shown that blind echolocation experts use what is normally the "visual" part of their brain to process the echoes.[ ... The word "blind" (adjective and verb) is often used to signify a lack of knowledge of something. For example, a blind date is a ...
5 Processing and classification *5.1 Additional processing and additives *5.1.1 Blending ... The word tú 荼 appears in the Shijing and other ancient texts to signify a kind of "bitter vegetable" (苦菜), and it is possible ... Tony., Gebely,. Tea : a user's guide. pp. Chapter 6. ISBN 9780998103006. OCLC 965904874.. ... After basic processing, teas may be altered through additional processing steps before being sold, and is often consumed ...
... process skill, time skills, product skills, behaviour process, behaviour time, and patient effects. When compared with other ... Using this approach, users can engage in proper medical training as if a live patient was being used without subjecting the ... Also note the use of the word guided in the definition, further implying that the interactions which occur in a simulated ... Full Process of Casualty Assessment in Combat Simulation. Electronic Casualty Card. Combat Trauma Patient Simulator. Human ...
The alcohol myopia model posits that rather than disinhibit, alcohol produces a myopia effect that causes users to pay more ... Alcohol myopia limits those under the influence of alcohol to see the world through a nearsighted lens; in other words, ... By depriving the individual of the attention capacity necessary to process undesirable thoughts, alcohol myopia can bring the ... Alcohol's myopic effects on the drinker's cognitive processes can be characterized into three classes: self-inflation, relief, ...
The current processes produce wood pellets, cubes, or pucks. The pellet process is most common in Europe, and is typically a ... "Microsoft Word - IA 55 EN.doc" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-07-14.. *^ Sukla, Mirtunjay Kumar; Thallada Bhaskar; A.K. Jain; S.K. ... one of the largest diesel fuel users in the world. A group of Spanish developers working for a company called Ecofasa ... the typical process is to densify the biomass. This process includes grinding the raw biomass to an appropriate particulate ...
... a character generally represents one syllable of spoken Chinese and may be a word on its own or a part of a polysyllabic word. ... Various current Chinese characters have been traced back to the late Shang Dynasty about 1200-1050 BC, but the process ... "User's Manual of the Romanization of Minnanyu/Hokkien Spoken in Taiwan Region". Republic of China (Taiwan) Ministry of ... but because modern polysyllabic words are usually composed of older monosyllabic words, Chinese characters have always been ...
"This process is often referred to as release planning or transition planning and its parameters may be largely limited to ... Articles with specifically marked weasel-worded phrases from April 2017. *Articles containing potentially dated statements from ... This therapy is intended to wean heroin users from the drug by administering small doses of methadone, thereby avoiding ...
Less Than 10 Percent of Drug Users Receive Appropriate Help
A recent research presented at the world AIDS conference has pointed out that less than 10 percent of injecting drug users ( ... Delayed Word Processing Predicts Development of Alzheimer�s. Vaginal Estrogen Safe in Treating Menopause Symptoms. ... These are the most effective techniques to help drug users to return to good health, wean themselves off their addiction and ... A recent research presented at the world AIDS conference has pointed out that less than 10 percent of injecting drug users ( ...
How to: Retrieve Property Values from a Word Processing Document
How to: Change the Print Orientation of a Word Processing Document How to: Change Text in a Table in a Word Processing Document ... How to: Remove Hidden Text from a Word Processing Document How to: Remove the Headers and Footers from a Word Processing ... Word Processing How to: Retrieve Property Values from a Word Processing Document ... How to: Create a Word Processing Document by Providing a Filename How to: Delete Comments By All or a Specific Author in a Word ...
F8 User Guide - Single page view for printing - Fedora Project Wiki
Word Processor is the Open. Office.org Writer application, a word processing program. ... Next, check Allow other users to control your desktop.. *Make a note of the command listed under Users can view your desktop ... During the post-installation process, you created an identity with a user name and password, called an account. If you have ... Recovering the password for a user account is not a difficult process, but it is beyond the scope of this guide. For an ...
AbiWord for Linux 2.9.2 - AbiWord is a free word processing program similar to Microsoft?
AbiWord is a free word processing program similar to MicrosoftA Word It is suitable for a wide variety of word processing ... The MOSDAL Support Toolkit can be used by a user having issues with the Microsoft Online services. The tool collects system ... AbiWord is a free word processing program similar to Microsoft?*A* Word. It is suitable for a wide variety of word processing ... Jarte is a free, small, portable word processor based on the Microsoft WordPad word processing engine built into Windows. It is ...
Patent US20050015279 - Service order system and user interface for use in healthcare and other fields - Google Patents
The display images also include a second menu of display items enabling a user to select a service to add to the initial order ... The display images include a first menu of display items enabling a user to select an initial set of services for order from ... An order processor initiates ordering of the orders in the combined order set in response to user command. ... A system provides a user interface display allowing clinicians to perform computerized treatment order entry by concurrently ...
15-1151.00 - Computer User Support Specialists
Word processing software - Google Docs ; Microsoft Word Hot Technology - a technology requirement frequently included in ... May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing ... 15-1151.00 - Computer User Support Specialists. Provide technical assistance to computer users. Answer questions or resolve ... Data base user interface and query software - Amazon Web Services AWS software ; Microsoft Access ; MySQL ; Oracle JDBC (see ...
Word Processing Software Free Download - Soft32
Word Processing software free download. Soft32, a pioneer of downloads and reviews website, delivers up-to-date software, free ... User rating. Coolmuster PDF to Word Converter 2.1.7 Free to try Coolmuster PDF to Word Converter allows to quickly convert to ... Texts 1.4 Free to try Texts is a word processor for well-structured documents that uses plain text. Updated: November 2nd 2016 ... Cisdem PDFtoWordConverter for Mac 4.0.0 Free to try Convert PDF files to fully editable Word or Rtfd documents on Mac.. Updated ...
User-centered evaluation of adaptive and adaptable systems: a literature review | The Knowledge Engineering Review | Cambridge...
User-centered evaluation of adaptive and adaptable systems: a literature review - Volume 23 Issue 3 - LEX VAN VELSEN, THEA VAN ... Seeword: A personal word processing environment for dyslexic computer users. British Journal of Educational Technology 34(3), ... User Modeling and User-Adapted Interaction 15, 235-273.. Chin D. N. 2001. Empirical evaluation of user models and user-adapted ... User Modeling and User-Adapted Interaction 10, 47-72.. Chesnais P. R., Mucklo M. J. & Sheena J. A. 1995. The Fishwrap ...
Apache OpenOffice Accepted Projects
User Interface. ui. Common user interface for OpenOffice.org applications.. Writer. sw. The Word Processing Application. ... User Experience ux. The main goal of the User Experience Team is to make OpenOffice.org the best office suite in terms of ... End-user documentation for the various components making up OpenOffice.org.. External. external. This project will host all the ... The following Apache OpenOffice Focus Areas provide core technical development as well as key user information. To learn how ...
Patent US7730394 - Data binding in a word-processing application - Google Patents
Data can be stored in a separate location from the presentation surface of the word processor document. Users of the word ... A user can modify content of a word processor document, by editing a data store without any knowledge of the current layout of ... A user can modify contents of a word processor document by directly changing the linked data without having to deal with the ... A user can modify complex backing data through simple document edits, without exposure to the complexities of the data ...
Fast typing word Jobs, Employment | Freelancer
Search for jobs related to Fast typing word or hire on the worlds largest freelancing marketplace with 13m+ jobs. Its free to ... typing word genuine, typing word work, typing word processing, data typing word job, typing word documents, paid typing word, ... I am a new user I am a returning user Link your account to a new Freelancer account ... book typing word, pdf typing word, data typing word, typing word job, Offline typing word, online typing word, typing word ...
Android word game app Jobs, Employment | Freelancer
Search for jobs related to Android word game app or hire on the worlds largest freelancing marketplace with 13m+ jobs. Its ... I am a new user I am a returning user Link your account to a new Freelancer account ... word game app ipad, android ski game app, android app word game iphone, android word game, android strip game app, android word ... android word search game, android train game app, word search app android, android word game source code, word game app ...
Patent US20030187930 - Messaging system and method with transcoder filtering of baseline message ... - Google Patents
User interface for integrated spreadsheets and word processing tables. US7676843. 24 Jun 2004. 9 Mar 2010. Microsoft ... Data stream processing on networked computer system lacking format-specific data processing resources. ... User generated content publishing system. US20080299956 *. 10 Sep 2007. 4 Dec 2008. Ubiquity Holdings. Digital Data Compression ... Two-dimensional radial user interface for computer software applications. US7721190. 16 Nov 2004. 18 May 2010. Microsoft ...
Application software - Wikipedia
... and word processing tasks not used to control hardware via command-line interface or graphical user interface. This does not ... User-written software tailors systems to meet the users specific needs. User-written software includes spreadsheet templates, ... Some application packages focus on a single task, such as word processing; others, called integrated software include several ... Even email filters are a kind of user software. Users create this software themselves and often overlook how important it is. ...
OpenXmlElement class (DocumentFormat.OpenXml)
The following code example shows how to access elements at the same level in a word-processing document. The test file used in ... Users\Public\Documents\AccessElementsSameLevel.docx"; using (WordprocessingDocument wordprocessingDocument = ... in a word-processing document. // The example is using a file that contains the text "OpenXml Element." static void Main(string ... DocumentFormat.OpenXml.Wordprocessing.Paragraph firstParagraph = body.Elements,Paragraph,().FirstOrDefault(); // Get the first ...
Infrastructure as a Service Cloud Concepts | Workloads | InformIT
Users logging on interactively for email, word processing, and so on. Network bandwidth and latency, data backup, security ... For example, free online social networking web sites need many virtual machines to support many users and save large numbers of ... For example, a desktop workload might be supporting a number of users logging on to interactive desktop sessions. An SAP ... Freely available web sites for social networking, informational web sites large number of users ...
GUIDELINES FOR DESIGNING USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE : Introduction
guidelines for design of user interface software in six functional areas: data entry, data display, sequence control, user ... Neal, A. S., and Emmons, W. H. (1984). Error correction during text entry with word-processing systems. Human Factors, 24, 443- ... An explicit user action that effects computer processing of user entries. For example, after typing a series of numbers, a user ... Information on current data processing status which is displayed to a user either automatically or by user request, perhaps ...
Current Trends National Electronic Telecommunications System for Surveillance -- United States, 1990-1991
Epi Info, version 5: a word processing, database, and statistics program for epidemiology on microcomputers. Atlanta: US ... Users should not rely on this HTML document, but are referred to the original MMWR paper copy for the official text, figures, ... WONDER (Wide-ranging ONline Data for Epidemiologic Research) (software users\ manual). Atlanta: US Department of Health and ... where they are processed in a mainframe computer. During a 24-hour period each Tuesday and Wednesday, tables are produced, ...
Post 6: How to run FrameMaker on Mac? - Adobe Technical Communication Blog
Today, we will be discussing a very important topic, one which has been discussed several times in the FrameMaker user comm ... we are doing to provide accurate and complete information to our user base. ... I still miss using FM every time I have to do any word processing. ... Ill join it to know more about the FM users on Mac. Itll help us make a strong case.. PS: Sorry for the delay in response, ...
Will MyWebOS.com catch on? - Developer.com
Users also get word processing, e-mail, and other software for free. They also get access to their files and a familiar ... Users must still boot up their computers using Windows, Linux, or another operating system, then connect to the Web before then ... MyWebOS.com, which launched in beta form on Tuesday, creates a personal Web page for users that looks and feels like a Windows- ... Dell said during an appearance on CNBC that the most enticing part of the company was the notion that users files would no ...
What's New in Lab & Life Sciences April/May 2012 by Westwick-Farrow Media - issuu
Per-well size selection provides users with the flexibility to process samples for multiple applications in a single run. For ... No additional software is needed to interface with spreadsheets, databases, word processing and laboratory software. Shimadzu ... The product allows researchers to process libraries with greater speed and sample reproducibility and decrease processing costs ... the process parameters are repeatable and there is adequate margin of safety in the process to take account of minor variations ...
AMD A6-3500 with GIGABYTE A55M-S2H, Entry APU OC Review - Phoronix Forums
For normal users or word process machine, A55 is enough. If you have more budget, you also can consider A75.. This review I use ... Some users would like to see the difference. I add the DDR3 capacity test as reference.. BIOS Boot Up Screen. OC Setup - M.I.T ... For only using IGP and need better 3D performance users, PU structure can be your good options. ...
Identifying the Sources of Tuberculosis in Young Children: A Multistate Investigation - Volume 8, Number 11-November 2002 -...
Popular questions and responses by Lori
D) word processing packages. I answer is C, it sounds where all three of these would be, is this correct? ... you have been asked to compare the steps of the current coding process with a proposed coding process. what would be the best ... math word problems. Sally and marta had the same number of postcards. After sally sold 18 of her postcards, marta had 4 times ... The Haber process for ammonia synthesis is exothermic: N2(g) + 3H2(g) 2NH3(g) ∆H° = -92 kJ If the equilibrium constant Kc for ...
ADHD Apps: Mobile Resources for ADD Minds
Its as close to distraction-free word processing as you can get. It doesnt even underline misspelled words. The goal is: ... Desktop prices vary based on users and platform ). I am not a linear thinker, but I love mind mapping. Simple Mind is my go-to ... For iOS users, a similar app called Writemator ($4.99) is available.. 22. Brainsparker. (iOS: free; web programs also available ... The apps Focus Mode may be ideal for users with ADHD, as it displays only the most important tasks in your list and hides the ...
word processing. *e-mail. *user configurability and programmability. The development of these required the creation of:. *the ... As explained in "On Bootstrapping," the focus of this work is to bring together computer vendors, developers, and end-users to ... However, NLS was an integrated environment for natural idea processing. The emphasis was on a visual environment--a ... the concept of consistency in user interfaces. Itemizing these accomplishments using todays terminology emphasizes their ...
Organizational Behaviour | Undergraduate Admissions
Students are required to have background preparation on basic micro computer skills including spreadsheet and word-processing. ... The principles, components and uses of financial accounting and reporting from a users perspective, including the recording of ... then interpersonal processes (e.g., attraction, communication, love) and finally social influence processes (e.g., conformity, ... Anthropology: Processes of developmental change, as they affect small communities in the Third World and in unindustrialized ...
User Guide - Tour of the GNOME Desktop - Fedora Project Wiki
Office.org Writer is a word processing program. Open. Office.org Impress is for creating and editing presentations. ... Fast User Switching. If you clicking the current username located next to the clock, a list of available users appears. To ... There is a different home directory for each user, and users cannot access each others home directories by default. ... The Preferences menu contains tools that affect only your account, and only require normal user access. The Administration menu ...
Patent US7599901 - Processing data-centric business models - Google Patents
... and computer program products for processing data-centric business models. An execution engine accesses a commingled data- ... some applications are tailored to word processing; other applications are tailored to data management. Often, users of such ... For example, a user of a data management application may desire to add form processing functionality that was not included in ... Alternatively, if the users company was large enough to have an IT department, the user could ask his or her IT manager to ...
Google previews new Google Docs interface | Apps & wearables | Techworld
In particular, users have complained about difficulty formatting word processing documents, forcing them to export Docs files ... The rebuilt word processing editor also offers more accurate import of third-party documents (such as Microsoft Word), tab ... The word processing editor in Google Docs now offers simultaneous collaboration. That addition comes just months after Google ... The new word processing, spreadsheet and drawing editors allow up to 50 collaborators to simultaneously edit. Docs in general ...
SpreadsheetsSpreadsheetDocumentsInterfaceMicrosoft WordDataPronunciationSoftwareTasksInterfacesAndroidTextCollaborateIntermediateSystemWorkers or WorkBusinessApplicationGoogle DocsCreateProgramLoginPronunciationsMacintosh UsersProcessor documentAccessFunctionalityEmailProductivityFilesFileApplicationsGuidancePrevalencePerson'sComputer usersFasterFeaturesOpenPresentationProgramsIncludesEstablishClaimsNoviceOfficeSatisfactionTextsSystemsWorkAllows usersFocusesDesktopOffersDrawSelect
- He said he hopes to commoditize the office application business by renting everyday software like spreadsheets and word processors on the cheap. (developer.com)
- Google Sheets allow users to create and edit spreadsheets. (fcps.edu)
- Provide an intuitive web browser-style interface for access to most document types, including word processing, spreadsheets, scanned paper documents, HTML forms, fax, audio and video. (ibm.com)
- If you have a huge bundle of Word Documents, Excel Spreadsheets and PowerPoint Presentations on your hard drive that you would like to convert into PDF at once without investing in commercial software like Adobe Acrobat, try Google Docs. (superuser.com)
- Examples of an application include a word processor , a spreadsheet , an accounting application , a web browser , an email client , a media player , a file viewer , simulators , a console game or a photo editor . (wikipedia.org)
- The new document and spreadsheet editors previews will roll out to Google Docs users over the next few days, and the drawings editor is already available to all users. (techworld.com)
- The new word processing, spreadsheet and drawing editors allow up to 50 collaborators to simultaneously edit. (techworld.com)
- Web browsers, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and graphics applications are included and are free. (kde.org)
- With a push of a button, users could call up an integrated office suite that included word processing, spreadsheet, and drawing capabilities. (macworld.com)
- Modem spreadsheet applications allow users to enter, manipulate, and organize data. (google.com)
- Windows compatible software with simple exporting means that users can view, select and export items into word processing, desktop publishing and spreadsheet packages. (europa.eu)
- Texts 1.4 Free to try Texts is a word processor for well-structured documents that uses plain text. (soft32.com)
- Cisdem PDFtoWordConverter for Mac 4.0.0 Free to try Convert PDF files to fully editable Word or Rtfd documents on Mac. (soft32.com)
- A word processor application is provided for creating word processor documents wherein the data and presentation can be separated. (google.com)
- In a blog post , Google announced improvements in the formatting area for its Docs word processing application, including what it calls better "fidelity" when importing and exporting documents to and from Microsoft Office, improved margins and tab stops, better image layout and an enhanced in-document comments system. (techworld.com)
- The rebuilt word processing editor also offers more accurate import of third-party documents (such as Microsoft Word), tab stops, a ruler for adjusting margins, and better in-document image handling. (techworld.com)
- In particular, users have complained about difficulty formatting word processing documents, forcing them to export Docs files to Microsoft Office for things like pagination and setting margins. (techworld.com)
- Learn to create elegant and effective documents with Pages 6, the macOS word processing and page layout application. (lynda.com)
- David begins with a tour of the user interface, and then walks viewers through how to create unique, eye-catching documents using the built-in text tools, templates, and styles. (lynda.com)
- Google Docs is a word processing tool used to create and edit documents online. (fcps.edu)
- For example, modem electronic word processing applications allow users to prepare a variety of useful documents. (google.com)
- WordOutput automates the process of printing multiple Microsoft Word documents without requiring users to first open each Word file. (macobserver.com)
- Oliver Meyer, Creating Validated XML Documents on the Fly Using MS Word, Oct. 20, 2002, pp. 113-121. (patentgenius.com)
- The desktop environment is also referred to as a Graphical User Interface, or GUI . (fedoraproject.org)
- A system provides a user interface display allowing clinicians to perform computerized treatment order entry by concurrently applying multiple strategies for placing computerized orders for a specific patient. (google.com)
- User interface adaptation: Evaluation perspectives. (cambridge.org)
- Common user interface for OpenOffice.org applications. (openoffice.org)
- 7. The word processor application of claim 1 , wherein the method further comprises exposing a programming interface to the word processor application, and using the programming interface to develop code for causing/reacting to changes in the data store or in one or more content regions of the presentation surface. (google.com)
- This report offers guidelines for design of user interface software in six functional areas: data entry, data display, sequence control, user guidance, data transmission, and data protection. (hcibib.org)
- The guidelines are proposed here as a potential tool for designers of user interface software. (hcibib.org)
- That translation from general guidelines to specific rules will help focus attention on critical user interface design questions early in the design process. (hcibib.org)
- If you are a manager responsible for user interface software design, you may find in these guidelines a means to make the design process more efficient. (hcibib.org)
- Guidelines can help establish rules for coordinating individual design contributions, can help to make design decisions just once rather than leaving them to be made over and over again by individual designers, can help to define detailed design requirements and to evaluate user interface software in comparison with those requirements. (hcibib.org)
- The design of user interface software will often involve a considerable investment of time and effort. (hcibib.org)
- In designing computer-based information systems, special attention must be given to software supporting the user interface. (hcibib.org)
- For the past several years, guidelines for designing user interface software have been compiled as a continuing effort sponsored by the Air Force Electronic Systems Division (ESD). (hcibib.org)
- This present report revises and expands previously published material, and proposes a comprehensive set of guidelines for design of user interface software in computer-based information systems. (hcibib.org)
- Thus some introductory comments are needed to help familiarize readers with the general problems of user interface design and the particular need for guidelines to design user interface software. (hcibib.org)
- It sounds: Create an interface that emulates basic word processing. (physicsforums.com)
- Removing and inserting sentences will not be difficult, but 'modifying' sentences could mean that you'd have to create an user interface that allows a user to insert, replace, or delete characters in a sentence. (physicsforums.com)
- Localization in Korea of User Interface of the 3G Mobile Handset Built on Open OS. (exlibris.ch)
- The MAHIIprovides the user an interface that is built in accordance with a novice user.MAHII provides free style sketching, recognizes the sketch produced by the userwith accurate results.Keywords: MAHII, sketch, interface, stroke, multi-domain, Heuristics.1. (slideshare.net)
- Thesketching interface must be such that it allows the user to draw sketches freely and naturally. (slideshare.net)
- Itmust know when the system should take input from the user, edit the sketch as well as when itshould recognize the sketch.For sketching and recognizing the user drawn sketches, we propose here a system known asMachine And Human Interactive Interface (MAHII). (slideshare.net)
- One of the most popular aspects of ZCS is its AJAX-based user interface (UI). (zimbra.com)
- When a user signs into their Zimbra account, AJAX is the default interface. (zimbra.com)
- The number of concurrent active users that uses the AJAX interface will be noticeably less than that of HTML (non-AJAX) users. (zimbra.com)
- It consists of a graphical interface, and other types of software such as word processing software. (openpr.com)
- wherein the content includes at least one instantiated software application on a graphical user interface, and the content state information includes information about the object that spans and relates multiple unique items. (google.ca)
- Through the use of a web page editing user interface, style settings may be applied to web page items through drag and drop operations and through application via conventional style setting application methods such as highlighting a selected web page item, followed by selection of a desired style setting. (google.com)
- With its user friendly interface and numerous powerful features, Transcribe! (seventhstring.com)
- BizTalk Server 2002 Mapper User Interface", http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/bts.sub.--2002/htm/lat.sub.--xmlt- ools.sub. (patentgenius.com)
- MOS (Microsoft Office Specialist) Microsoft Word 2010 Course The Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Word 2010 Course is an ideal course for. (hotcourses.com)
- Experience in software programs such as Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Adobe, and document imaging is beneficial. (simplyhired.com)
- For example, if the exploit document is an RTF document, the document will open in Microsoft Word. (cert.org)
- It requires Microsoft Word 2004 and Mac OS X 10.4.2 or higher. (macobserver.com)
- They were all named MICROSOFT WORD - [filename].pdf, but I can solve that easily. (superuser.com)
- Data can be stored in a separate location from the presentation surface of the word processor document. (google.com)
- Users of the word processor application can establish links (or bindings) between the contents of the data and the presentation surface. (google.com)
- A user can modify contents of a word processor document by directly changing the linked data without having to deal with the complexity of the presentation format, which can be constantly changing. (google.com)
- A user can modify content of a word processor document, by editing a data store without any knowledge of the current layout of the presentation surface. (google.com)
- A user can modify complex backing data through simple document edits, without exposure to the complexities of the data structure. (google.com)
- 2. The word processor application of claim 1 , wherein the method further comprises providing access to data in the data store. (google.com)
- 3. The word processor application of claim 2 , wherein the method further comprises editing of the data directly within the data store. (google.com)
- 4. The word processor application of claim 3 , wherein the method further comprises updating the one or more content regions associated with the data edit. (google.com)
- 6. The word processor application of claim 1 , wherein the method further comprises creating a dangling reference when a data binding refers to a nonexistent location in the data store. (google.com)
- 8. The word processor application of claim 1 , wherein the method further comprises updating content of multiple content regions based on a modification associated with at least one node in the data store. (google.com)
- The present invention extends to methods, systems, and computer program products for processing data-centric business models. (google.ca)
- Sometimes (often, according to some frustrated users) this feature malfunctioned and created a garbled data file. (wikipedia.org)
- Once data is entered (or read from a file), it's not clear how the user will specify which sentence to change. (physicsforums.com)
- Information Knowledge gained from processing data. (slideshare.net)
- Hardware All tangible elements of a computer system -t he input devices, the components that store and process data and perform required calculations, and the output devices that present the results to information users. (slideshare.net)
- Next, in a separate step, these files were "batch" processed by composition software to create data files in the specific language used by a particular phototypesetting machine. (encyclopedia.com)
- It mostly allows users to access data remotely with secure tunneling as well as encryption methods. (openpr.com)
- The prevalence of SRMS was significantly higher in the computer users than the non computer users and younger age, being male, working longer hours daily, increasing years of computer use, data entry tasks and computer designs/graphics were the significant risk factors for reporting musculoskeletal symptoms among the computer users. (biomedcentral.com)
- This chapter familiarizes users with Jules Verne Voyager, a freely available online map tool that includes data for Earth as well as 19 other planets and moons. (nottingham.ac.uk)
- In the activity, users explore the range of data that are available to create map images: 100 different types of data are available to characterize portions of Earth. (nottingham.ac.uk)
- E-discovery is the electronic process by which records are gathered from data stores and processed for litigation requirements. (eweek.com)
- This includes anything digital: word processing files, photos, email, audio and video files, instant messaging transcripts, Internet bookmarks-even data center users' logs. (eweek.com)
- The ability of an organization to successfully adopt AI in its business process will greatly depend on identifying the correct use case, presence of a data driven culture and ability to scale the solution. (accenture.com)
- Modem electronic slide presentation applications allow users to create a variety of slide presentations containing text, pictures, data or other useful objects. (google.com)
- A contextual enquiry consists of visiting several users on site, observing them carrying out their tasks, and analyzing and documenting the resultant data. (infodesign.com.au)
- Immediately after each site visit you should enter your data into a word processing program. (infodesign.com.au)
- This allows a teacher to customize word pronunciation, making them more 'hearable' and understandable. (tcnj.edu)
- I think you actually meant 'process-əz', which has been the 'standard' pronunciation. (stackexchange.com)
- I find that the plural process-EEZ pronunciation is much more common nowadays at least in tech circles. (stackexchange.com)
- I am all American and must agree with Mr. Campbell that this new pronunciation of processes is simply a snobbism created with no etymological basis. (stackexchange.com)
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems. (onetonline.org)
- Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software. (onetonline.org)
- Application software ( app for short) is a program or group of programs designed for end users. (wikipedia.org)
- User-written software tailors systems to meet the user's specific needs. (wikipedia.org)
- Even email filters are a kind of user software. (wikipedia.org)
- Users create this software themselves and often overlook how important it is. (wikipedia.org)
- In some types of embedded systems , the application software and the operating system software may be indistinguishable to the user, as in the case of software used to control a VCR , DVD player or microwave oven . (wikipedia.org)
- The word "application" used as an adjective is not restricted to the "of or pertaining to application software" meaning. (wikipedia.org)
- By the legal point of view, application software is mainly classified with a black box approach , in relation to the rights of its final end-users or subscribers (with eventual intermediate and tiered subscription levels). (wikipedia.org)
- At the moment, the Web site is another in an increasingly crowded field of companies hoping to convince Net users they no longer need to buy software or keep files on their home or office computers. (developer.com)
- Users also get word processing, e-mail, and other software for free. (developer.com)
- Pishevar, a 25-year-old Berkeley grad, thinks computer users are currently paying far too much for software, and that a la carte renting would really benefit consumers. (developer.com)
- The left side contains three menus and a number of default icons that start some software applications, and on the right it provides a clock, fast user switching, a volume control, and a notification area. (fedoraproject.org)
- While the cost of operation is lower, users enjoy a faster and more reliable software environment. (kde.org)
- A programmable object model allows a user/programmer to programmatically access the Extensible Markup Language (XML) functionality of a software application. (freepatentsonline.com)
- Comparing User and Software Information Structures for Compatibility. (exlibris.ch)
- 11. The method as recited in claim 1 , generating the first unique item includes generating the first unique item that corresponds to a user association of at least one software application displayed on a graphical display of the computer system and includes links to at least one unique item corresponding to the at least one software application in the user association. (google.ca)
- Computer software proficiency including MS Office (Word, Excel). (simplyhired.com)
- And Word Processing software. (simplyhired.com)
- With the advent of the computer age, computer and software users have grown accustomed to user-friendly software applications that help them write, calculate, organize, prepare presentations, send and receive electronic mail, make music, and the like. (google.com)
- It is suitable for a wide variety of word processing tasks. (filetransit.com)
- Google Tasks enable users to create, edit and organize task lists. (fcps.edu)
- Avoid preconceptions about the users and their tasks. (infodesign.com.au)
- Do not prompt users to carry out tasks differently, or in an order other than the one they use normally. (infodesign.com.au)
- Do not rely on users' recollection of how they carry out tasks. (infodesign.com.au)
- In User interfaces for All , Stephanidis C. (ed. (cambridge.org)
- The programmable object model is comprised of a plurality of object-oriented message calls or application programming interfaces for allowing a user to access the XML functionality of an application by sending one or more object-oriented message calls or application programming interfaces to the XML functionality of a given application along with any required parameters for customizing or otherwise manipulating XML markup applied to a document. (freepatentsonline.com)
- The papers of this second volume cover global and local user interfaces and are organized in topical sections on designing global and local products and services, as well as enhancing and personalizing the user experience. (exlibris.ch)
- Looking for Android word game app Workers or Work? (freelancer.com)
- Need help with Android word game app? (freelancer.com)
- Do you specialise in Android word game app? (freelancer.com)
- Use your Android word game app skills and start making money online today! (freelancer.com)
- Android users are especially lucky. (additudemag.com)
- Cisdem PDFConverterOCR for Mac 3.1.0 Free to try Convert native/scanned PDF and Image to Word, Excel, Pages, Text, etc. on Mac. (soft32.com)
- Google Hangouts is a communications service offered by Google that allows the users to text, chat in real time, use. (merlot.org)
- It has basic text entry and margin controls, as well as word wrap. (wikipedia.org)
- Word processors typically require the use of special function keys to access editing commands as opposed to text entry. (wikipedia.org)
- The Model 4 version, for example, would inject random text throughout the document if the user held the control key ('@') down for more than a few seconds. (wikipedia.org)
- Ask the user to input text and save it to 'txt' format. (physicsforums.com)
- The core technologies (the personal computer, WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) text processing, page description languages, and high-resolution laser printing) were developed at the Xerox Palo Alto Research Center (PARC) in the 1970s. (encyclopedia.com)
- 13 - 17 Segmentation of Handwritten Text in Gurmukhi Script Rajiv K. Sharma, Amardeep Singh 18 - 28 Object-Oriented Image Processing Of An High Resolution Satellite Imagery With Perspectives For Urban Growth, Planning And Development Afroz Shaik Mohammed1, Shaik Rusthum2 A Simple Segmentation Approach for Unconstrained Cursive 29 - 35 Handwritten Words in Conjunction with the Neural Network. (slideshare.net)
- Is there a word processing program that will number the lines and then I can type in the text? (deseretnews.com)
- No word processing program will number the lines before you type your text. (deseretnews.com)
- Text-to-speech requires the user to wear headphones or play the sound out loud. (slideserve.com)
- This course is designed to prepare students for the Medical Word Processing unit (ref. 6996), part of the OCR Level 2 Text Processing (Business. (hotcourses.com)
- Pasting into Scrivener or Word as unformatted text gives the same result. (literatureandlatte.com)
- If I copy from Acrobat, Pasting into Scrivener or Word as unformatted text gives me a string of placeholder boxes. (literatureandlatte.com)
- KidBooks supplements the written word with flexible reading supports including highlighting, text enlargement capabilities, and synthesized speech. (tcnj.edu)
- Course Level: Beginner and Intermediate - The overall concepts are designed for beginners while the specific ideas on how to improve budgeting are applicable to both beginner and intermediate users. (nottingham.ac.uk)
- This guide is intended for users who have a working Fedora 8 system and are able to use a mouse and keyboard. (fedoraproject.org)
- This section of the Fedora Desktop User Guide explains how to identify yourself, or login , to your system. (fedoraproject.org)
- Fedora is a multi-user operating system. (fedoraproject.org)
- Users must still boot up their computers using Windows, Linux, or another operating system, then connect to the Web before then can access their MyWebOS.com files. (developer.com)
- An individual computer system dynamically monitors its end user, without regard to. (google.com.au)
- An individual computer system dynamically monitors its end user, without regard to network connectivity, in order to calculate a risk score and to ensure that the end user's behavior does not put corporate information or other assets at risk. (google.com.au)
- 3. The method of claim 1 , wherein informing further comprises displaying, to the end user of the computer system, the risk score corresponding to said end user. (google.com.au)
- 4. The method of claim 3 , further comprising allowing the end user of the computer system to modify the risk score via additional interactions between the end user and the computer system. (google.com.au)
- 5. The method of claim 1 , wherein the end user interacts with the computer system remotely. (google.com.au)
- e) returning to step (a), and repeating at least steps (a) through (e) to evaluate the risk posed by the real time interactions between the end user and the computer system. (google.com.au)
- 10. The method of claim 1 , wherein monitoring interactions further comprises monitoring interactions between the end user and a computer system local to the end user. (google.com.au)
- The proposed paper demonstrates how a sketching system can bemade user friendly and user interactive too. (slideshare.net)
- For the benefit of non-JAVA savvy folks, a JVM is a process inside an operating system running a JAVA binary (JVM) distributed by JAVA providers. (zimbra.com)
- KPassivePopup is the class that displays information next to taskbar icons, system tray icons or windows without interrupting the user. (kde.org)
- System runs SILENT and cool and processes video files much faster than on spinning drives. (newegg.com)
- SelectHub is the only product of its kind in the market that has a real time system of record, optimizes spend, and improves the time to market for the business around the enterprise IT vendor selection process. (informationweek.com)
- In certain environments, such as a classroom or the workplace, either act can potentially draw unwanted attention to the user and thus discourage the use of the system. (slideserve.com)
- Windows 7 users who have EMET configured for ASLR to be "always on" at a system-wide level are protected against known exploitation techniques for this vulnerability. (cert.org)
- CE is appropriate whenever you need to develop or communicate an understanding of the users of an existing or proposed system. (infodesign.com.au)
- This course presents accounting as an information system that produces summary financial statements, primarily for users external to a business enterprise organized as a corporation. (svcc.edu)
Workers or Work1
- Looking for Fast typing word Workers or Work? (freelancer.com)
- Still, the lack of Microsoft Office on this model could be a big negative for business users. (smallbiztechnology.com)
- Tablets are still iffy for business users, but with this keyboard dock option, businesses now have a way to enjoy tablet functionality without sacrificing the convenience of having a keyboard. (smallbiztechnology.com)
- Users of the word processor application can establish links (or bindings). (google.com)
- Scripsit is a word processing application written for the Radio Shack TRS-80 line of computers. (wikipedia.org)
- Depending on what application you're in (such as Word), start your print process. (calstatela.edu)
- Because Equation Editor is an out-of-process COM server, this also means that protections specific to any Microsoft Office application may not have an effect on this vulnerability. (cert.org)
- Enable users to access, view and manage FileNet Image Services content within a familiar Java application. (ibm.com)
- The word processing editor in Google Docs now offers simultaneous collaboration. (techworld.com)
- Users create a variety of map images then save and import the images into a presentation or a word-processing document. (nottingham.ac.uk)
- How many times has an IT department asked one of their vendors to create a workaround or a shadow process to meet their requirements in their timeframe? (informationweek.com)
- Google Contacts allow users to organize, review, and create personal mailing lists, making it easier to keep their contact information in one place and reach several people at once. (fcps.edu)
- Google Draw enables users to create flowcharts, organizational charts, concept maps, and other types of diagrams. (fcps.edu)
- Google Forms allow users to create surveys and quizzes that collect response information. (fcps.edu)
- Google Sites can be used to create and share internal websites with other FCPS G Suite users. (fcps.edu)
- AbiWord is a free word processing program similar to Microsoft? (filetransit.com)
- is a word processing program. (fedoraproject.org)
- This program slows down the recording while retaining the original key and can loop a solo repeatedly using a foot pedal controller to simplify the process. (seventhstring.com)
- The many optional settings make this a helpful program for users with various disabilities. (tcnj.edu)
- An interesting feature is the 'exceptions dictionary' that allows users to change the pronunciations of words that are not spoken in the students' particular dialect. (tcnj.edu)
- MacValley Macintosh Users Group - The Hilarious Reverend Doctor Bobby Mac presents ways you can manage that old Debbil Email! (mugcenter.com)
- 10 . The method of claim 8 , wherein the attachment includes a word processor document. (google.co.uk)
- After you have opened the word processing file for read-only access, you can instantiate the ExtendedFilePropertiesPart class, and then you can examine document part instance. (microsoft.com)
- Multiple users, each with different access privileges, can be logged into the computer at the same time. (fedoraproject.org)
- The following code example shows how to access elements at the same level in a word-processing document. (microsoft.com)
- The Preferences menu contains tools that affect only your account, and only require normal user access. (fedoraproject.org)
- Offer a high availability environment that gives users quick access to critical information. (ibm.com)
- Overall, the Xiaomi Mi Band Pulse offers users the same functionality as a $100 fitness tracker at a fraction of the price. (makeuseof.com)
- Chortkeh BDF Font Viewer for Windows is able to process BDF Specification 2.2 font files including Unicode. (filetransit.com)
- For example, free online social networking web sites need many virtual machines to support many users and save large numbers of media files. (informit.com)
- Most of the files are transmitted through the Public Health Network on BT North America* (formerly Dialcom) to CDC, where they are processed in a mainframe computer. (cdc.gov)
- Dell said during an appearance on CNBC that the most enticing part of the company was the notion that users' files would no longer be trapped in a single desktop computer at work or at home. (developer.com)
- Dropbox is a tool that allows users to post files in the 'cloud. (merlot.org)
- In the same statement, open the word processing file at the specified document by using the Open(String, Boolean) method. (microsoft.com)
- Because of the potential for foot pedal control, ease of navigation within the file, and the very good quality of the digital signal processing, especially the "slowing down while maintaining pitch" feature, it will also be useful to almost anyone who needs to transcribe accurately from recordings-that means linguists, oral historians, etc. (seventhstring.com)
- The objective of the course is to provide guidance for the user on how to do financial planning. (nottingham.ac.uk)
- Combined, these practices can help reduce HIV prevalence among drug users by more than half, investigators have found. (medindia.net)
- This study compared the prevalence of SRMS between computer and non computer users and assessed the risk factors associated with SRMS. (biomedcentral.com)
- The prevalence of SRMS was significantly higher in the computer users than the non computer users both over the past 7 days (χ 2 = 39.11, p = 0.001) and during the past 12 month durations (χ 2 = 53.56, p = 0.001). (biomedcentral.com)
- Over the past 7 day duration, the neck (33.9%) and low back (11.4%) had highest prevalence of SRMS for the computer and non computer users respectively. (biomedcentral.com)
- Computer use may explain the increase in prevalence of SRMS among the computer users. (biomedcentral.com)
- Different prevalence statistics on the SRMS experienced by computer users have been documented for different anatomical parts of the body. (biomedcentral.com)
- Nobody else in the word can possibly duplicate the processing centre of this one person's life. (everything2.com)
- Provide technical assistance to computer users. (onetonline.org)
- An appendix lists local minority computer-users' groups, recommended magazines, and a glossary of computer terms. (edweek.org)
- Computer users were also asked: 'What do you use a personal computer for? (theregister.com)
- Analysis of responses to those questions led to a conclusion that "Computer users had a more active social network and were less likely than non-users to show evidence of clinically significant depressive symptoms or medical morbidity. (theregister.com)
- Incidence of dementia among computer users was 40% lower. (theregister.com)
- Literature abounds on the prevalent nature of Self Reported Musculoskeletal Symptoms (SRMS) among computer users, but studies that actually compared this with non computer users are meagre thereby reducing the strength of the evidence. (biomedcentral.com)
- A total of 472 participants comprising equal numbers of age and sex matched computer and non computer users were assessed for the presence of SRMS. (biomedcentral.com)
- More reasons have been adduced for musculoskeletal problems in computer users. (biomedcentral.com)
- All of the "killer apps" for home and general computer users run just fine on 32 bit machines. (osnews.com)
- The availability of computers have made varieties of work faster, easier, neater and less frustrating to the users. (biomedcentral.com)
- These features would give a small word-processing feel to an otherwise bland input tool. (uie.com)
- They started adding more word processing-like features. (uie.com)
- The word-processing document editor features what Google calls real-time editing collaboration, meaning people can see others making changes "character by character. (techworld.com)
- This allowed the user to take advantage of new features in a printer that were not intrinsically supported by Scripsit, such as different fonts or colours, or printing extended ASCII characters to produce simple lines and boxes. (wikipedia.org)
- The intuitive widget and icons enable users to discover the features as well as using drag and drop to manage calendar events and emails. (zimbra.com)
- In this course, David Rivers shares numerous creative, time-saving features that will help experienced and new users alike. (lynda.com)
- This topic describes how to use the classes in the Open XML SDK 2.0 for Microsoft Office to programmatically retrieve a property value from a document part in a word processing document. (microsoft.com)
- It will remain editable while the submission process is open. (kde.org)
- By convincing a user to open a specially-crafted Office document, a remote, unauthenticated attacker may be able to execute arbitrary code with the privileges of the logged-on user. (cert.org)
- This might be pushing it into stackoverflow.com territory, but you could script Word 2007 to open and save a document as PDF. (superuser.com)
- Web page authors and editors strive to present web page content and links in presentation styles and formats that are appealing to users and that make navigation of the content and links on the web page more efficient and user-friendly. (google.com)
- Word Processing, Bookkeeping, Presentation Development etc.) that I need. (brighthub.com)
- 8 . The method of claim 1 wherein the list of experts includes an author of the document and a user that has tagged the document. (google.es)
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications. (onetonline.org)
- As if that wasn't unnerving enough, the Gov.UK website says that users cannot submit claims using Mac OS X or Linux operating systems, either. (slashdot.org)
- Include both expert and novice users in your visits. (infodesign.com.au)
- Understands and can perform basic office-practice skills, including filing, light typing, processing and sorting functions. (simplyhired.com)
- User satisfaction questionnaire. (infodesign.com.au)
- Consisting of the front, middle and back matter texts, outer texts are thus defined as "all those components of a reference work which do not form part of the central word list" (Hartmann and James 1998 , s.v. outside matter ). (springer.com)
- The present article examines how outer texts are employed to impart dictionary pedagogy with long-term prospects of developing a dictionary culture among users of school dictionaries in South Africa. (springer.com)
- This literature review focuses on user-centered evaluation (UCE) studies of adaptive and adaptable systems. (cambridge.org)
- The article models the iterative design process for adaptive and adaptable systems, linked to the goals of UCE: supporting decisions, detecting problems and verifying quality. (cambridge.org)
- Introduction to basic user skills for Unix operating systems. (uwm.edu)
- A key advancement during these centuries was the development of phonemic (alphabetic) writing systems that were far easier to learn and use than previous word-based systems or syllabic systems. (encyclopedia.com)
- In the recent years, manysketching systems have been developed, but there is always a gap between how a user draws asketch and how a machine interprets the sketch. (slideshare.net)
- As explained in "On Bootstrapping," the focus of this work is to bring together computer vendors, developers, and end-users to work in commonality on the technology that today's rapidly changing world requires. (virginia.edu)
- In addition to this, and in keeping with other syndicated options, you will be required to submit two pieces of written work during the course (2 x 2-3,000 word essays). (ox.ac.uk)
- SelectHub saves months of work during the requirements compilation, vendor research and evaluation process. (informationweek.com)
- Unlimited revision history allows users to track changes, undo actions, and revert to previous versions. (fcps.edu)
- Although this lab focuses on user-defined procedures, editing, and recording sessions, the lab begins with three useful notes. (grinnell.edu)
- Welcome to the Fedora 8 Desktop User Guide! (fedoraproject.org)
- For example, a desktop workload might be supporting a number of users logging on to interactive desktop sessions. (informit.com)
- MyWebOS.com, which launched in beta form on Tuesday, creates a personal Web page for users that looks and feels like a Windows-based computer desktop. (developer.com)
- Desktop publishing also positioned its users to take advantage of digital inputs, which was important as word processing became the routine method for document creation. (encyclopedia.com)
- If I choose Save As and save a copy of the Manual to my desktop, then Copy and Paste fails with that pdf in the way I described earlier copying from either Preview and Acrobat Pro (vers 11) and pasting anywhere (Textedit, Scriv, Word). (literatureandlatte.com)
- As a member of the Newton family, the eMate allowed users to draw or write (via handwriting recognition) with an included stylus on its 480-by-320 backlit grayscale LCD. (macworld.com)
- Select your user name from the list of one or more choices. (fedoraproject.org)
- The display images include a first menu of display items enabling a user to select an initial set of services for order from predetermined candidate sets of services, in response to first criteria. (google.com)
- The display images also include a second menu of display items enabling a user to select a service to add to the initial order set from a set of orderable services associated with a healthcare provider organization department, to produce a combined order set. (google.com)
- To switch to a different user account, select the username. (fedoraproject.org)