Urologic Surgical Procedures
Surgical Procedures, Operative
Surgical Procedures, Minor
Ambulatory Surgical Procedures
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
Surgical Procedures, Minimally Invasive
Oral Surgical Procedures
Surgical Procedures, Elective
Surgery which could be postponed or not done at all without danger to the patient. Elective surgery includes procedures to correct non-life-threatening medical problems as well as to alleviate conditions causing psychological stress or other potential risk to patients, e.g., cosmetic or contraceptive surgery.
Reconstructive Surgical Procedures
Otorhinolaryngologic Surgical Procedures
Obstetric Surgical Procedures
Thoracic Surgical Procedures
Care given during the period prior to undergoing surgery when psychological and physical preparations are made according to the special needs of the individual patient. This period spans the time between admission to the hospital to the time the surgery begins. (From Dictionary of Health Services Management, 2d ed)
Oral Surgical Procedures, Preprosthetic
Ultrasonic Surgical Procedures
Surgery Department, Hospital
Tomography, X-Ray Computed
Procedures of applying ENDOSCOPES for disease diagnosis and treatment. Endoscopy involves passing an optical instrument through a small incision in the skin i.e., percutaneous; or through a natural orifice and along natural body pathways such as the digestive tract; and/or through an incision in the wall of a tubular structure or organ, i.e. transluminal, to examine or perform surgery on the interior parts of the body.
Tongues of skin and subcutaneous tissue, sometimes including muscle, cut away from the underlying parts but often still attached at one end. They retain their own microvasculature which is also transferred to the new site. They are often used in plastic surgery for filling a defect in a neighboring region.
Epidermoid cysts of the testis: the case for conservative surgery. (1/144)The series comprises 6 patients (mean age, 21 years) who presented with an epidermoid cyst of the testis between 1991 and 1998. Pre-operative ultrasonography suggested the presence of a testicular cancer in 3 patients who underwent a radical orchidectomy. The ultrasound successfully predicted the true diagnosis in 3 patients who had a wedge excision of the cyst together with a cuff of normal surrounding tissue. All patients are free of disease with a mean follow-up of 3 years. With increasing awareness of the condition coupled with accurate pre-operative radiological imaging, local excision of an epidermoid cyst with preservation of the remainder of the testis is now a feasible and rational alternative to more radical surgery. (+info)
Pressure assessment in intercavernous embedding of bulboperineal urethra for treatment of urinary incontinence after prostatic operation. (2/144)AIM: To put forward criteria for the pressure assessment in the operation of intercavernous embedding of bulboperineal urethra for the treatment of urinary incontinence after prostatic operation. METHODS: A F14 urethral catheter is inserted during the operation and upon suturing the corpora cavemosa centrally, the catheter is slowly pushed in and pulled out in order that the operator feels a certain degree of close-fit resistance. The degree of tightness of the stitches, which regulate the compression pressure, is adjusted in accordance with this close-fit sensation. To further ascertain the adequacy of the force of compression, the bladder is filled with 300 ml physiological saline and observe the appropriateness (size and continuity) of the outflow stream when the lower abdomen is depressed with a pressure of 80-90 cm H2O. The operation was given to six patients suffered from urinary incontinence for 20 or more months after prostatic operation. RESULTS: Five cases achieved complete recovery, while the therapeutic effect of the 6th one was not satisfactory. A second stage operation was carried out 3 months later with the addition of one more stitch both proximally and distally to reinforce the compression force. The condition was improved dramatically. The follow-up period averaged 3.5 years. CONCLUSION: The adequacy of the compression pressure exerted by the juxtaposed corpora cavernosa is the key point determining the outcome of the operation. The measures for assessing the compression pressure suggested by the authors are helpful in obtaining the good results of the present paper (6/6 success) as compared with 25/34 success in the previous report. (+info)
Long-term results of Essed-Schroeder plication by the use of non-absorbable Goretex sutures for correcting congenital penile curvature. (3/144)This study evaluated the long-term outcome of the Essed-Schroeder procedure for correcting congenital penile curvature using non-absorbable Goretex sutures. The Essed-Schroeder procedure was performed in 35 patients with congenital ventral penile curvature (minimum 30 degrees ). Follow-up included a standardized interview with measurement of angulation. Twenty-three of 35 patients were available for complete long-term follow-up (average 34.3 months). The mean preoperative ventral curvature was 54 degrees. In 17/23 patients, the penis remained straightened. Recurrent curvature (average 23 degrees ) was observed in six of 23 patients. Fifteen of 23 patients complained of penile shortening (average 1.8 cm). Two of 23 patients reported disturbing side effects that were caused by plication nodes. In most cases, the results of penile straightening by the Essed-Schroeder procedure are excellent with a high grade of subjective satisfaction. Regarding the main problem, that is recurrent curvature, there is no decisive advantage of applying Goretex sutures. Discomfort caused by plication nodes can be reduced to a minimum by using a combination of soft Goretex sutures with the 'inverting stitch-technique'. (+info)
Cancer of the penis. (4/144)BACKGROUND: Cancer of the penis is an uncommon malignancy in developed countries, but the incidence is as high as 17% of all male cancers in some undeveloped countries. The surgical management of this disease has improved due to better knowledge of risk for metastasis and newer imaging technologies to assess the regional lymph nodes. METHODS: We review the literature on incidence, etiology, pathology, clinical presentation, staging, and management of penile cancer. We present our institutional experience with 160 patients who underwent extended ilioinguinal lymph node dissection, as well as with 7 patients who underwent a modified lymph node dissection. RESULTS: Better understanding of pathologic features allow for stratification of patients into low, intermediate, or high risk for lymph node involvement. Lymphatic mapping to this stratification improves selection of patients who might benefit from lymph node dissection after excision of the primary lesion. Our experience with lymph node dissection yielded a high incidence of positive lymph nodes when lymphadenopathy was present. The recent use of a modified lymph node dissection has minimized morbidity. Current chemotherapy agents are ineffective in this disease. CONCLUSIONS: Pathologic features of the primary lesion and the incorporation of lymphatic mapping have improved the selection of patients who might benefit from lymph node dissection. The use of a modified lymph node dissection in selected patients has decreased morbidity. Effective chemotherapy agents are needed in the management of advanced penile cancer. (+info)
Peyronie's disease: surgical management: autologous materials. (5/144)Peyronie's disease in men with satisfactory erectile function but with significant penile curvature is often treated with plaque incision or excision and grafting. The advantages and disadvantages of various grafting materials have long been debated. While artificial materials have been used, the inflammatory reaction from these grafts has produced poor results. Dermal, venous and tunica vaginalis grafts require additional operative time to harvest and their quality varies. Packaged grafts of autologous materials provide a readily available, reliable and well-tolerated choice for penile reconstruction for Peyronie's disease. These grafting materials including cadavaric pericardium, mammalian intestinal serosal products and others are easily obtained and provide a resilient yet compliant graft choice that is easy to tailor and suture in place. Host reaction is minimal and the infection risk small. Results of Peyronie's plaque incision/excision and autologous grafting are presented and the surgical procedures employed are outlined. Excellent results can be expected in the hands of the experienced reconstructive surgeon. (+info)
Surgical management: saphenous vein grafts. (6/144)Peyronie's disease is a medically and surgically challenging condition to manage. Most surgical techniques to correct the penile deformity often shorten the penis and do not address the issue of hourglass deformity when present. We describe our indications, rationale and technique for the use of a saphenous vein graft after a curvature correcting plaque incision. In reviewing multiple series, this approach yields similar results-incidence of residual curvature: 4-20%, decreased potency: 5-20%, penile shortening: 17-40%. While harvesting the vein would require a second incision, the use of autologous vein appears to be associated with the least amount of intracavernosal fibrosis. We propose that saphenous vein is currently the best material available for tunical patching. The technique and results of circular venous grafting for patients with severe penile shortening secondary to Peyronie's disease is also discussed. (+info)
Management of Peyronie's disease with penile prostheses. (7/144)Peyronie's disease is a common malady affecting men mostly between the ages of 40 and 60. When penile curvature and erectile softening are present and the erectile dysfunction does not respond to Viagra a penile implant will strengthen and usually straighten the penis. If curvature persists after implant placement 'modeling' the erect penis will successfully achieve straightening in most patients. Plaque incision and grafting or a Nesbit procedure are rarely necessary to straighten the penis but will afford excellent results when employed. A thorough explanation of the pathogenesis of Peyronie's disease and effects of the disease and treatment on penile size will help avoid some of the disappointment seen when a shorter erection occurs. (+info)
Temporal trends in orchidopexy, Great Britain, 1992-1998. (8/144)Concern has been expressed in recent years about worsening male reproductive health, possibly mediated by increasing exposures to environmental endocrine-disrupting agents. Trends suggested large increases in cryptorchidism in Britain and the United States between the 1950s and 1980s, although published data on recent trends have been scarce. We examined numbers of orchidopexy procedures, as a marker for cryptorchidism, using routine hospital admission data for England, Wales, and Scotland for fiscal years 1992-1993 through 1998-1999. Annual trends in orchidopexy rates were analyzed by age, in-patient admission versus day case, and geographical region. Orchidopexy rates were also obtained from the General Practice Research Database (GPRD) for England to cross-validate the hospital admissions data. Orchidopexy rates for boys 0-14 years old fell by 33% (from 23.5 to 15.8 per 10,000 population) between 1992 and 1998, with the steepest decline (50%) in 5-9-year-olds. The decreasing trend for 0-14-year-olds was evident in every region in England, in Wales, and in Scotland. Rates remained stable for men 15 or more years old, at 0.7 per 10,000. There was a marked shift from in-patient to day-case procedures. Rates from the GPRD showed a similar downward trend to the hospital data. Our findings could represent either an underlying decrease in the frequency of undescended testis or a fairly dramatic improvement in the diagnosis of cryptorchidism--resulting in fewer orchidopexies performed for retractile testis--in Great Britain during the 1990s, or both. Either way, our findings do not support the postulate of a recent worsening of male reproductive health of the scale suggested by some recent commentators on the endocrine disruptor hypothesis. (+info)
Dr. Sanjay Kulkarnis Urethroplasty Center - Urethroplasty - Ventral Onlay
Skin-prepucial - whenever urethra needs replacement (substitution) pedicled prepucial skin tube is the first choice. Harvesting of the inner prepucial skin with its blood supply is performed as described by Asopa and Ducket. A stay suture is taken through the glans dorsal to the meatus. A circumcision incision is made on the inner layer of the prepuce 5mm away from the coronal sulcus. This incision is depend upto the Bucks facia at this level the whole penis is degloved upto the base. This dissection leaves the dorsal neurovascular bundle intact on the penis. A second incision is made on the outer surface of the prepuce at the level of the glans. Here the penile skin is degloved again just below the skin. Now the prepuce with its blood supply forms a circular tube between the penile skin and the Bucks facia. This prepucial skin plus facia tube is incised at 6 Oclock towards the base of the penis. Now stay sutures are taken at the junction of the inner and outer prepucial skin at both ends. An ...
Dartos Fascio-Myo-Cutaneous Flap for Penile Skin Loss: A Simple Flap with an Immense Potential
Introduction: Penile skin loss poses a particular challenge for reconstruction to the plastic surgeon. These defects, depending on their size, have been reconstructed using skin grafts or regional flap. Patients & Methods: Ten patients with variable sized penile skin defects were included in this work. Scrotal fascio-myo-cutaneous (Dartos) flap was harvested and used for penile shaft resurfacing. Results: All harvested flaps were successful. None of them showed any ischemic manifestations. Discussion: Despite being a simple and robust flap, its use for resurfacing of moderate to extensive penile skin defects isnt popular. We propose the use of Dartos flap as a good alternative for challenging moderate to extensive penile skin losses.
Procedural and clinical outcomes with catheter-based plaque excision in critical limb ischemia<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Procedural and clinical outcomes with catheter-based plaque excision in critical limb ischemia. AU - Kandzari, David E.. AU - Kiesz, R. Stefan. AU - Allie, David. AU - Walker, Craig. AU - Fail, Peter. AU - Ramaiah, Venkatesh G.. AU - Cardenas, Joseph. AU - Vale, Jose. AU - Chopra, Atul. AU - Gammon, Roger S.. PY - 2006/2/1. Y1 - 2006/2/1. N2 - Purpose: To examine the safety and efficacy of catheter-based plaque excision as an alternative therapy to surgery, conventional angioplasty, and/or stenting in high-risk patients with critical limb ischemia (CLI). Methods: Between August 2003 and August 2004, a prospective evaluation was conducted of consecutive patients with CLI (Rutherford category ≥5) who were treated with endovascular plaque excision at 7 institutions. This study enrolled 69 patients (37 women; mean age 70±12 years, range 43-93) with CLI involving 76 limbs. Clinical outcomes were prospectively followed for 6 months. The primary endpoint was major adverse events ...
Modified Tubularized Incised Plate Urethroplasty (Snodgrass) Procedure by Angelo A. Baccala MD and J Ross
Baccala, A. A., Ross, J. (2004). Modified Tubularized Incised Plate Urethroplasty (Snodgrass) Procedure for Hypospadias Repair. Presentation Presented at: The American Urological Association-North Central Section (AUA-NCS), Miami Beach, FL.. ...
Is urethral stricture only a circumferential disease? Reason for change in the plan of urethroplasty for bulbous urethral...
OBJECTIVE: To understand the reasons for choosing the type of urethroplasty for bulbous strictures shorter than 2 cm in length that were ideally suited for anastomotic urethroplasty (AU). MATERIALS AND METHODS: Data of adult men, who underwent urethroplasty between November 2002 and September 2011 for isolated bulbous strictures less than 2 cm in length, as measured intra-operatively, were reviewed. Patients who had undergone urethroplasty before were excluded. Data recorded were details of previous interventions, the etiology of the stricture and the type of urethroplasty performed. RESULTS: Out of 277 men who underwent urethroplasty for bulbous stricture, 65 men fulfilled the inclusion criteria. The etiologies were trauma in 24, post catheterization in 16, and idiopathic in 25. The mean stricture length was 1.60 cm (range 0.8 to 1.9). Anastomotic urethroplasty was performed in 41 men (Group 1). In the remaining 24 men, buccal mucosa graft urethroplasty was performed in 20 and augmented AU in 4 (Group
Urethral Stricture Disease - MedStar Georgetown
Urethral stricture disease is an abnormal narrowing or blockage in the urethra, the tube that carries urine out of the body from the bladder.
Urethroplasty: Bulbospongiosus sparing dorsal onlay bulbar urethroplasty | Urology Times
This video demonstrates buccal mucosa graft urethroplasty for lengthy bulbar urethral strictures that are not amenable to excision and primary anastomotic urethroplasty.
Re: Substitution Urethroplasty or Anastomotic Urethroplasty for Bulbar Urethra Strictures? Or Endoscopic Urethrotomy? Opinion:...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Re. T2 - Substitution Urethroplasty or Anastomotic Urethroplasty for Bulbar Urethra Strictures? Or Endoscopic Urethrotomy? Opinion: Substitution Urethroplasty. AU - Morey, Allen F.. PY - 2016. Y1 - 2016. UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?scp=85008384593&partnerID=8YFLogxK. UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/citedby.url?scp=85008384593&partnerID=8YFLogxK. U2 - 10.1016/j.juro.2016.05.054. DO - 10.1016/j.juro.2016.05.054. M3 - Article. C2 - 27479392. JO - Journal of Urology. JF - Journal of Urology. SN - 0022-5347. ER - ...
SURGICAL OUTCOMES OF PORCINE ACELLULAR DERMIS GRAFT IN SOCKET AND EYELID RECONSTRUCTION: A COMPARISON WITH ORAL MUCOSAL GRAFT |...
Purpose : To compare the efficacy of the Permacol™ graft with autologous buccal mucosal graft in socket and eyelid reconstruction, with emphasis on the postoperative vascularization and fibrosis of each graft. Methods : This was a retrospective comparative study. Ten patients underwent Permacol™ graft reconstruction and 44 patients underwent buccal mucosal graft reconstruction. The time necessary for the graft surface to be completely vascularized and the fornix depth of the conjunctival sac in anophthalmic patients was measured. Results : All ten patients in the Permacol group had unilateral contracted anophthalmic sockets. Seven eyelids (70%) in the anophthalmic socket group had a good outcome with improvement in lower eyelid position and prosthesis retention. Nine out of ten eyelids (90%) in this group showed complete vascularization of the graft with minimal fibrosis at 2.6± 1.9 months postoperatively, while the grafted buccal mucosa was fully vascularized at 1.1± 0.3 months ...
Dr. Sanjay Kulkarnis Urethroplasty Center - Urethroplasty - Augmented Anastomosis
Under anesthesia as in Barbaglis urethroplasty the bulbar urethra is mobilized and spatulated dorsally. The short and tight segment (less than 1.5cm) of the bulbar urethra is excised. A 1.5cm wide and 6 cm long BMG is spread and fixed on the corpora cavernosa. The ventral urethral plate is reconstituted by anastomosing the proximal and distal urethral ends. The urethral plate is now flat and is sutured to the buccal mucosa graft as in Barbaglis technique. Rest of the management is similar to Barbaglis urethroplasty.. Initially, I was enthusiastic and performed many of these procedures. But according to my current concept of not transecting the bulbar urethra for non traumatic strictures has shifted my thinking away from augmented anastomosis. Barbagli. ...
Outcome of laparoscopic varicocelectomy with mass ligation technique for symptomatic varicocele
Background: Varicocele therapy is a controversial issue. No single approach is adopted as the best therapeutic option. Testes get blood supply from testicular artery, cremasteric artery and artery to the vas deference. So ligation of testicular artery in the abdomen do not cause ischemia to the testis. This was already demonstrated in many studies. Classical Palomo varicocelectomy also consists of open ligation of testicular vessels in the retroperitoneum. En mass ligation of testicular vein and artery is technically easy and fast in laparoscopic varicocelectomy (LV). Chance of missing some veins are also less. Henceforth recurrence is also less. Recurrence and post-operative complications are high when only testicular vein is ligated by laparoscopy in the retroperitoneum. We wanted to see the outcome of laparoscopic varicocelectomy by mass ligation technique.. Methods: 56 patients of symptomatic varicoceles were included in the study from the outpatient services. Symptomatic varicoceles of ...
2011. Blaivas JG, Purohit RS, Santos J, Tsui J, Weiss JP. Management of urethral strictures in women. American Urological Association Annual Meeting. 2011, Washington, DC. (Presented May 2011) Blaivas JG, Weiss JP, Tsui J, Chughtai B, De E, Rutman M. Validation of new lower urinary tract symptom questionnaire. American Urological Association Annual Meeting. 2011, Washington, DC. (Presented May 2011) Ghanaat M, Tsui J, Blaivas JG, Shah MB, Weiss JP, Purohit RS, Rutman M. Does pad usage reflect the severity of urinary incontinence? American Urological Association Annual Meeting. 2011, Washington, DC. (Presented May 2011) Thorner D, Weiss JP, Blaivas JG, Purohit RS, Tsui J. Male Incontinence/Urodynamics. (Outcomes of reductions cystoplasty in men with impaired detrusor contractility. SUFU 2011 Winter Meeting, Phoenix, Arizona. (Presented March 2011) Purohit RS, Blaivas JG, Tsui J, Santos J, Weiss JP. Female Urology/Incontinence. (Dorsal buccal mucosal graft urethroplasty for treatment of female ...
Urethral stricture - Posts
Urethral stricture - MedHelps Urethral stricture Center for Information, Symptoms, Resources, Treatments and Tools for Urethral stricture. Find Urethral stricture information, treatments for Urethral stricture and Urethral stricture symptoms.
Dorsal oral mucosal onlay graft urethroplasty (Asopas technique) | Uretra.it
Results: Of 50 cases 42 (84%) were successful and 8 (16%) failed. The 17 ventral grafts provided success in 14 cases (83%) and failure in 3 (17%). The 27 dorsal grafts provided success in 23 cases (85%) and failure in 4 (15%). The 6 lateral grafts provided success in 5 cases (83%) and failure in 1 (17%). No surgical complications were observed. Failures involved the anastomotic site (distal in 2 and proximal in 3) and the whole grafted area in 3 cases. They were treated with urethrotomy in 5 cases and 2-stage urethroplasty in 3. Conclusions: In our experience the placement of buccal mucosa grafts into the ventral, dorsal or lateral surface of the bulbar urethra showed the same success rates (83% to 85%) and the outcome was not affected by the surgical technique. Moreover, stricture recurrence was uniformly distributed in all patients ...
Most recent papers with the keyword pediatric penile reconstruction | Read by QxMD
PURPOSE: The aim of this retrospective study was to evaluate the functional and cosmetic outcome of tubularized incised plate urethroplasty (TIPU) with preputial reconstruction and preservation of a thin distal urethra when applicable. METHODS: The records of 64 boys with hypospadias, who underwent TIPU between 2000 and 2007 were analyzed. 33 (52%) underwent foreskin reconstruction and a thin distal urethra was preserved and incorporated in 19 (30%) patients. The Hypospadias Objective Scoring Evaluation (HOSE), Pediatric Penile Perception Score (PPPS), and uroflowmetry were evaluated in 55 boys (86%) after a mean of 4 ...
Single stage: dorsolateral onlay buccal mucosal urethroplasty for long anterior urethral strictures using perineal route |...
Materials and Methods: From August 2010 to August 2013, 20 patients underwent BMG urethroplasty. The cause of stricture was Lichen sclerosis in 12 cases (60%), Instrumentation in 5 cases (25%), and unknown in 3 cases (15%). Strictures were ap¬proached through a perineal skin incision and penis was invaginated into it to access the entire urethra. All the grafts were placed dorsolaterally, preserving the bulbospon¬giosus muscle, central tendon of perineum and one-sided attachement of corpus spon¬giosum. Procedure was considered to be failure if the patient required instrumentation postoperatively ...
V01-04: Pedicle preputial tube for bulbar urethral necrosis in failed urethroplasty for PFUDD | AUA University
INTRODUCTION. Bulbomembranous anatastamosis for Pelvic Fracture Urethra Defect (PFUD) has great success. However, some cases have bulbar urethral ischemia due to inadequate retrograde blood supply. Anastomotic urethroplasty is not possible and substitution urethroplasty using a perineal or abdominoperineal approach is required. Various techniques of flaps,gracilis,radial free forearm flap have been described for this complex issue.The simplest flap are always locally available .We present our description of substitution urethroplasty with a Pedicle Preputial Tube (PPT) for such cases of inadequate bulbar urethral length.. METHODS. A unique video of a stepwise approach to a difficult case, with accompanying narration of surgical management with PPT. Perineal dissection is performed in a standard stepwise format. Two circumcision incisions are made .The outer circumcision is done beneath the skin and above the dartos.The inner cricumcision is done deep to darts and above the Bucks ...
Preoperative follicle-stimulating hormone: A factor associated with semen parameter improvement after microscopic subinguinal...
Introduction: Currently, there exists no serum biomarker to predict patients likely to benefit from varicocelectomy. The purpose of this study was to assess the association between baseline follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and semen parameter changes after subinguinal microscopic varicocelectomy.. Methods: We retrospectively reviewed all men who underwent microscopic subinguinal varicocelectomy between August 2015 and October 2018. Pre- and postoperative semen analyses were stratified per total motile sperm count (TMSC): TMSC ,5, 5-9, and ,9 million (based on TMSC required for in vitro fertilization, intrauterine insemination [IUI], and natural conception, respectively). Then, variables were analyzed to determine the correlation with postoperative TMSC values and upgrade in TMSC category.. Results: Among the 66 men analyzed, 55 (83.3%) and 11 (16.7%) had a preoperative TMSC of ,5 million and 5-9 million, respectively. A total of 33 (50%) patients upgraded in TMSC category, 26 of them achieving ...
Surgery for urethral stricture
A stricture is a narrowing in the urethra associated with scar tissue, commonly caused by prior urethral surgeries, injuries, pelvic fracture, sexually transmitted disease and others. There are a variety of treatments for a urethral stricture, and most depend on the severity of the stricture and the location of the stricture in the urethra. A thin tube-like object, called a dilator may be inserted while the patient is under local or general anesthesia, and this may dilate the urethra enough to allow urine to flow through. This may be adequate if the stricture is mild and simple. In other cases, if the stricture is short in length and not proximal to the urinary sphincter muscle, the patient may be a candidate for an endoscopic procedure call direct vision internal urethrotomy. This is performed by making a cut in the stricture using cystoscopy. However, if a patient has a much more severe urethral stricture, a more definitive surgery called urethroplasty might be necessary. During this ...
Management Of Long Segment Anterior Urethral Stricture (≥ 8cm) Using Buccal Mucosal (BM) Graft And Penile Skin (PS) Flap:...
Vol. 44 (1): 163-171, January - February, 2018 doi: 10.1590/S1677-5538.IBJU.2017.0083 ORIGINAL ARTICLE Gamal A. Alsagheer 1, Atef Fathi 1,
Cost for Urethroplasty
Technique of Urethroplasty has evolved over time and it varies with the kind of stricture. It is a complex surgery and result of procedure depends on various factors like Surgeons skills, Set up (operation theatre), post-operative care but trained and skilled surgeon is the most important factor in deciding the outcome. Recovery time depends a lot on the type of surgery that was performed. Typical patients will be in the hospital overnight after surgery. As soon as they can eat, walk, and care for their catheter they can leave the hospital. It is important to limit activities after Urethroplasty until adequate healing has occurred. This means no heavy lifting, strenuous exercise, or work for at least two weeks.. ...
Urethral Stricture Surgery Cost in India | Urethral Stricture Surgery in India | Vaidam.com
Urethral Stricture Surgery cost in India starts from USD 4500. Find affordable packages, best specialists, hospitals and patient experiences for Urethral Stricture Surgery in India through Vaidam.
Best Urethral Stricture Doctor in Kolkata, Urethral Stricture Doctors | Credihealth
Find the best urethral stricture doctors in Kolkata. Get guidance from medical experts to select urethral stricture specialist in Kolkata from trusted hospitals - credihealth.com
Risk calculator for prediction of treatment-related urethroplasty failure in patients with penile urethral strictures
To design a dedicated risk calculator for patients with penile urethra stricture who are scheduled to urethroplasty that might be used to counsel patients according to their pre-operative risk of failure.
Best Urethral Stricture Treatment, Urethroplasty surgeon in South Delhi, Gurgaon
Urethra Clinic in South Delhi having short, best, and scar less treatement for disease knows as Urethral Stricture like Optical Urethrotomy to Reconstructive Procedures.
Urology Care Foundation - What are the Causes of Urethral Stricture?
The urethras main job in males and females is to pass urine outside the body. This thin tube also has an important role in ejaculation for men. When a scar from swelling, injury or infection blocks or slows the flow of urine in this tube, it is called a urethral stricture. Some people feel pain with a urethral stricture.
Role of Uttarbasti in the Management of Mutra Marga Sankoch (Urethral Stricture) - Tabular View - ClinicalTrials.gov
Uttarbasti is per urethral administration of medicated oil which has been recommended by Sushrut for urinary track disorders.. As far as conventional surgery is concerned urethral stricture still remains a challenge due to post procedural high recurrences and complications. Uttarbasti being almost non invasive, with minimum recurrences and most economical, easy to practice OPD procedure, can be the treatment of choice in the management of urethral stricture. ...
Urethral strictures in women
Urethral strictures in women-Is one of the 80112 Get Map amp Directions 187 Marvin Foote the most famous. Colegio de Profesionales de span classnews_dtAug 19 2015spannbsp018332Oh a handpicked collection of of a urethral strictures in women.
Inflammation as a cause of urethral stricture | Urethralstricture-Therapy
An inflammation of the urethra can lead to urethral stricture. In twenty percent of the cases the so-called urethritis is a cause of the urethral stricture. One
Treatment of Urethral Strictures - Urinary and Bladder Problems
If you have any questions, to schedule a consultation or if you need a second opinion, please contact us or call: 646-663-4151. Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is an experienced urologist who treats complex urethral strictures in men and women using advanced surgical techniques including urethroplasty. Treatment is customized to the needs and preferences of each patient. ...
Re: Urethroplasty after radiation therapy for prostate cancer: Editorial comment<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Re. T2 - Urethroplasty after radiation therapy for prostate cancer: Editorial comment. AU - Morey, Allen F.. PY - 2012/12. Y1 - 2012/12. UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?scp=84869070834&partnerID=8YFLogxK. UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/citedby.url?scp=84869070834&partnerID=8YFLogxK. U2 - 10.1016/j.juro.2012.08.106. DO - 10.1016/j.juro.2012.08.106. M3 - Article. C2 - 23141249. AN - SCOPUS:84869070834. VL - 188. SP - 2267. EP - 2268. JO - Journal of Urology. JF - Journal of Urology. SN - 0022-5347. IS - 6. ER - ...
Searching for the cost of Urethroplasty in Chennai? Contact Lyfboat to Get an Expert Second Opinion & Personalised Quote for Urethroplasty from the best Urethroplasty hospitals in Chennai. We enable patients to connect, communicate and find quality healthcare for Urethroplasty in Chennai.
Urethral stricture | Endoscopic urethrotomy. Urology: Treatment in Germany, Eschweiler hospitals on BookingHealth.com
Urethral stricture | Endoscopic urethrotomy. Urology: Treatment in Eschweiler, Germany ✈. Prices on BookingHealth.com - booking treatment online!
Urology: Urethral stricture | Endoscopic urethrotomy. Treatment in Marburg, Germany | BookingHealth
Urology: Urethral stricture | Endoscopic urethrotomy. Treatment in Marburg, Germany ✈ Find the best medical programs at BookingHealth - ✔Compare the prices ✔Online booking.
Long-term Results of Uretroplastic Operations Using Buccal Mucosa in Different Modifications | proLékaře.cz
49 cases of uretroplastic with buccal mucosa graft were performed. 28 patients had complicated strictures after multiple endoscopic or reconstructive operations. Onlay uretroplastic was performed in 35 cases, including ventral graft placing in first 8 patients, afterwards dorsal grafts were performed in 27 patients. In 6 cases whole circumference of urethra was replaced in two steps. The length of buccal graft varied between 30 and 80 mm, aprox. 63 mm, duplex graft was used in 3 cases in max. length of 140 mm. In follow-up on an average 45 months (3-140 months) it has occurred 6 recurrences of stricture; the need of open reoperation was in 3 patients (12.3 %), 2 relative restrictures were solved by optic urethrotomy (4 %). The reoccurrences appeared after ventral onlay in 2 cases (25%), after the dorsal onlay also in two cases (7,4 %), after two-steps uretroplastic there was 20 % (2 cases) of the reoccurrence rate. Duplex graft uretrolastics were in all cases without complications. Fistula has ...
E-mail a Wiley Online Library Link
Alok Srivastava, Saurabh Vashishtha, Uday Pratap Singh, Aneesh Srivastava, Mohd S. Ansari, Rohit Kapoor, Manas R. Pradhan and Rakesh Kapoor Preputial/penile skin flap, as a dorsal onlay or tubularized flap: a versatile substitute for complex anterior urethral stricture BJU International 110. Version of Record online: 3 AUG 2012 , DOI: 10.1111/j.1464-410X.2012.11296.x. Complete the form below and we will send an e-mail message containing a link to the selected article on your behalf. Required = Required Field. ...
Urotronic Inc, Urethral Stricture Surgery, Drug-Coated Balloon Catheter
Minimally Invasive Management of Urethral Strictures, David Perry, Urotronics Optilume BPH Drug Coated Balloon offers Urologists an In-Office Procedure that Opens the Flow of the Prostate without the Damage, CEO Interviews 2020, Medical Companies, Biotech Company, Drug Delivery Companies
urethral stricture - Urology - MedHelp
Hi i just had a question about urethral strictures i think i have one. 14 montjs ago i was diognosed with chlamydia, which was a month and a half since my last sexual encounter. 2 weeks after startin...
Urethral stricture - penile | Radiology Case | Radiopaedia.org
Urethral strictures typically follow infection or trauma. In this case the trauma was due to a geographically refined cultural practice of injecting paraffin into the penis to aid enhancement. The same process is performed - not by the medi...
FAQ • Urethral Stricture
FAQ • Urethral Stricture. On-line free medical diagnosis assistant. Ranked list of possible diseases from either several symptoms or a full patient history. A similarity measure between symptoms and diseases is provided.
Urethral Stricture - Genitourinary Disorders - Merck Manuals Professional Edition
Urethral Stricture - Etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, signs, diagnosis & prognosis from the Merck Manuals - Medical Professional Version.
Reconstruction of Failed Urethroplasty | Springer for Research & Development
The overall incidence of bulbomembranous urethral stricture or bladder neck contracture after radiation therapy is roughly 3-16 %. Time to stricture presentation is usually delayed (24 months) and...
Urethroplasty | Urology | BMI Healthcare
Urethral stricture is a painful and discomforting issue that affects day to day life. Enquire about having a urehtroplasty with our specialisits so we can help you.
Oh my G-d, I just ejaculated blood. Its Hematospermia: Dont panic: Eric K. Seaman, MD: Urologist
Hematospermia literally means blood in the ejaculate. For men who have experienced it, it can be a shocking situation and a cause for tremendous anxiety. The ca
New Drug Better Than Placebo in Treating Penile Curvature
American pharmaceutical firm Auxilium Pharmaceuticals said that its new drug fared better than placebo in treating penile curvature.
Hematospermia Treatment & Management: Approach Considerations, Surgical Care
Hematospermia is defined as blood in the semen. While often perceived as a symptom of little significance, blood in the ejaculate can cause great concern to the men who experience it.
By Medical Condition
Urethral Stricture: Symptoms, Causes, Treatments This article will go over the causes, symptoms, and treatments of urethral stricture. Urethral stricture is the narrowing of the urethra. It can be caused by the build-up of scar tissues post urethral trauma. The scar tissue obstructs the pathway through which urine exits the body, which can lead to urinary […]. Read More. ...
Cost of Urethroplasty Surgery in South Delhi
Disclaimer: The content on this website (www.theurethraclinic.com) is solely for the purpose of educating and creating awareness about the domain i.e. Urology. This shall not be treated as a substitute to a professional urologists advice or prescription. There is no guarantee of specific results and the results for any treatment mentioned on the website may vary, as every individual and their conditions are different.. ...
Molecular Characterization of the Genital Organizer: Gene Expression Profile of the Mouse Urethral Plate Epithelium
We identified dozens of genes previously unknown to be expressed in urethral plate epithelium at a crucial developmental period. It provides a novel panel of genes for analysis in animal models and in humans with external genital anomalies.
Articles By Cheryl Guttman Krader | Modern Retina
Delay to urethroplasty for bulbar urethral strictures is associated with repetitive interventions, stricture lengthening, and more complex repairs that have a greater risk for failure, while scheduling-related delay to reconstruction exposes men to risk for stricture-related complications, according to separate studies presented at the AUA annual meeting in Boston. ...
urethral stricture hospital delhi
Surgery if done by trained reconstructive urologist has success rate in the range of 90-95%. Success rate decreases with repeated surgeries(75-80%). Success rate is also on lower side if surgery is done by routine urologist.. ...
List of MeSH codes (E04)
... urologic surgical procedures, male MeSH E04.950.774.860.226 - circumcision MeSH E04.950.774.860.618 - orchiectomy MeSH E04.950. ... urologic surgical procedures MeSH E04.950.774.150 - cystectomy MeSH E04.950.774.175 - kidney transplantation MeSH E04.950. ... surgical stapling MeSH E04.928.220 - cardiac surgical procedures MeSH E04.928.220.220 - cardiomyoplasty MeSH E04.928.220.360 - ... cardiac surgical procedures MeSH E04.100.376.125 - cardiomyoplasty MeSH E04.100.376.374 - heart arrest, induced MeSH E04.100. ...
From reproductive and urologic viewpoints, male-specific medical and surgical procedures include vasectomy, vasovasostomy (one ... particularly relating to the problems of the male reproductive system and urological problems that are unique to men. It is the ... Men's health Reproductive health Urology Thelander, Hulda E., and Mollie Cholffin. "Neonatal cortical insufficiency (Addison's ... of the vasectomy reversal procedures), orchidopexy and circumcision as well as intervention to deal with male genitourinary ...
Male urinary catherization, Merck Manual Professional Edition. *v. *t. *e. Urologic surgical and other procedures (ICD-9-CM V3 ... This is useful following endoscopic surgical procedures, or in the case of gross hematuria. There are both two-way and three- ... In males, the catheter tube is inserted into the urinary tract through the penis. A condom-type catheter (also known as a ' ... Males may have a slightly higher incidence of bladder spasms. If bladder spasms occur, or there is no urine in the drainage bag ...
Partial androgen insensitivity syndrome
Many surgical procedures have been developed to create a neovagina, as none of them is ideal. Surgical intervention should be ... and participating physicians gave a lower cosmetic rating to the surgical results of the men than the women. Both male and ... that feminizing genitoplasty typically requires fewer surgeries to achieve an acceptable result and results in fewer urologic ... Nihoul-Fékété C, Thibaud E, Lortat-Jacob S, Josso N (May 2006). "Long-term surgical results and patient satisfaction with male ...
From reproductive and urologic viewpoints, male-specific medical and surgical procedures include vasectomy, vasovasostomy (one ... particularly relating to the problems of the male reproductive system and urological problems that are unique to men. It is the ... Andrology (from Ancient Greek: ἀνήρ, anēr, genitive ἀνδρός, andros, "man"; and -λογία, -logia) is the medical specialty that ... of the vasectomy reversal procedures), orchidopexy and circumcision as well as intervention to deal with male genitourinary ...
Urologic surgical and other procedures (ICD-9-CM V3 55-59+89.2, ICD-10-PCS 0T) ... Males with benign prostate hyperplasia are influenced by voiding position: in the sitting position, the PVR, Qmax and TQ were ... The tests are most often arranged for men with enlarged prostate glands, and for women with incontinence that has either failed ... trial to assess the cost effectiveness of urodynamics in women with symptoms of stress urinary incontinence in whom surgical ...
It has lately grown to include all minimally invasive urologic surgical procedures. As opposed to open surgery, endourology is ... the branch of medicine that focuses on surgical and medical diseases of the male and female urinary-tract system and the male ... Subspecialties may include: urologic surgery, urologic oncology and urologic oncological surgery, endourology and endourologic ... Urologic oncology concerns the surgical treatment of malignant genitourinary diseases such as cancer of the prostate, adrenal ...
Testicular sperm extraction
... (TESE) is the surgical procedure of removing a small portion of tissue from the testicle and ... Liu, Wen; Schulster, Michael L.; Alukal, Joseph P.; Najari, Bobby B. (2019-08-16). "Fertility Preservation in Male to Female ... Glenn's urologic surgery. Keane, Thomas E.,, Graham, Sam D., Jr.,, Goldstein, Marc (8th ed.). Philadelphia, PA. ISBN ... Both procedures can alter the steroid function of the testes causing a decline in serum testosterone levels, which can result ...
Urologic surgical and other procedures (ICD-9-CM V3 55-59+89.2, ICD-10-PCS 0T) ... A retrograde urethrogram is a routine radiologic procedure (most typically in males) used to image the integrity of the urethra ... New England Journal of Medicine procedure videos: Male Urethral catheterization. *Ohio State University Patient Education ... The procedure involves the insertion of a Foley catheter into the distal urethra and minimally inflating it. This is followed ...
Treatment consists of surgical exploration with repair of the injury. A potential testicular rupture should be evaluated with ... Testicular rupture is treated with surgery, though the procedure performed depends on the magnitude of the injury and the ... Hunter, Stanley R.; Lishnak, Timothy S.; Powers, Andria M.; Lisle, David K. (Apr 2013). "Male genital trauma in sports". ... Chang, Andrew J.; Brandes, Steven B. (Aug 2013). "Advances in diagnosis and management of genital injuries". The Urologic ...
Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy
Male genital surgical and other procedures: reproductive system (ICD-9-CM V3 60-64, ICD-10-PCS 0V) ... There has not been any evidence in the urologic literature showing a benefit in regard to continence, potency or cure rates ... "Radical Prostatectomy by Open or Laparoscopic/Robotic Techniques: an Issue of Surgical Device or Surgical Expertise?" Journal ... The procedure takes at least five hours and as long as eight hours for the average urologist, without a bilateral lymph node ...
Mani Menon, where was part of the surgical team that performed the first robotic procedure at VUI. Tewari completed his urology ... He received his urologic oncology research training at the University of California, San Francisco in 1994, the University of ... "Nerve sparing can preserve orgasmic function in most men after robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy". BJU Int. ... and has performed over 9,000 robotically assisted procedures using the da Vinci Surgical System. Academically, he is recognized ...
Lower urinary tract symptoms
Surgical treatment of LUTS can include: Ablation procedures - used in treating both bladder tumours and bladder outlet ... The prevalence of nocturia in older men is about 78%. Older men have a higher incidence of LUTS than older women. Around one ... The improved urodynamic profile is related to a lower risk of urologic complications, such as cystitis and bladder stones. ... in men, the prostate. Although LUTS is a preferred term for prostatism, and is more commonly applied to men, lower urinary ...
Helen O'Connell (urologist)
... she noticed that special attention was paid to preserving sexual function during surgical procedures on men, while preserving ... Edward J. McGuire, Helen E. O'Connell: Surgical treatment of intrinsic urethral dysfunction. Slings. In: The Urologic Clinics ... She was Chair of the College's Surgical Research Board from 2007 to 2009. Her clinical and research focus is on the surgical ... In: Urologic Clinics, 1996, page 253-262. S. R. Aboseif, H. E. O'Connell, A. Usui, E.J. McGuire: Collagen injection for ...
ERAS protocol has not been widely incorporated in urologic clinical care. Even after surgical removal of bladder, 50% of the ... Among the 11,800 new cases, 9100 will be in men and 2700 in women. Of the 2500 who would die from it, 1800 will be men and 700 ... The flexible procedure allows for a visual inspection of the bladder, for minor remedial work to be undertaken and for samples ... Bladder cancer is the fourth most common type of cancer in men and the 12th most common cancer in women. Around 62,000 men and ...
Science and technology in Venezuela
Perez-Carreño was head of descriptive practical anatomy procedures, Head of surgical medicine, Chief of Clinical Surgery and ... All these objects had not been purchased in the United States; Were the work of a man who had never seen any instrument, which ... He also serves on the editorial board of three urologic journals. In recognition of his work, Dr. Sotelo has been invited as ... Alexander von Humboldt mentions a meeting with this man in 1800 cite:We found in Calabozo, in the heart of the plains, an ...
J. Hartwell Harrison
Upon completion of the surgical procedures, the transplanted kidney immediately assumed normal function in the recipient; he ... J. Hartwell Harrison-Urologic Surgeon". The Boston Globe. January 21, 1984. Harrison, J. Houston (1975). Settlers by the Long ... The First Successful Organ Transplants in Man". Nobel Media AB. Retrieved May 9, 2020. "Perspectives". Harvard Medical School ... He was President of the Boston Surgical Society, Vice President of the American Surgical Association, and was a member of the ...
Warren Snodgrass), is the most widely-used procedure and surgical method for hypospadias repair worldwide. This procedure can ... It is the second-most common birth abnormality of the male reproductive system, affecting about one of every 250 males at birth ... Shukla AR, Patel RP, Canning DA (August 2004). "Hypospadias". The Urologic Clinics of North America. 31 (3): 445-60, viii. doi: ... Surgical repair of severe hypospadias may require multiple procedures and mucosal grafting. Preputial skin is often used for ...
List of MeSH codes
... urologic and male genital diseases C13 - female genital diseases and pregnancy complications C14 - cardiovascular diseases C15 ... surgical procedures, operative E05 - investigative techniques E06 - dentistry E07 - equipment and supplies F - Psychiatry and ...
Bostwick, David G.; Cheng, Liang (2014). Urologic Surgical Pathology E-Book. Elsevier Health Sciences. p. 682. ISBN ... XYY men identified by screening men over 184 cm (6'½") in height, forty-two 47,XYY boys and men had an average 99.5 verbal IQ ... After April 1975, screening of newborns was discontinued-changes to informed consent procedures and pressure from additional ... It has generally been observed that reproductive risks for males with 47,XYY are no higher than for euploid males, despite the ...
... he also described a simpler surgical technique used on men whose prepuce is naturally insufficient to cover their glans. The ... and object to subjecting newborn males, without their consent, to a procedure they consider to have dubious and nonessential ... Wallerstein, Edward (February 1985). "Circumcision: The Uniquely American Medical Enigma". Urologic Clinics of North America. ... stating that preventive health benefits of elective circumcision of male newborns outweigh the risks of the procedure, although ...
This randomized trial showed that although the surgical margin rate was lower for men who had received androgen deprivation ... This procedure is used to minimize the pain associated with a prostate biopsy and is used in over 500,000 procedures annually ... He was one of the founding members of the International Urologic Research Society. In 2004-2005 Soloway served the Chair of the ... Soloway was one of the first urologic oncologists to use flexible cystoscopy as an integral part of his office practice; today ...
Erlanger Health System
Urology - This academic group treats general and pediatric urologic disorders as well as bladder, pelvic and men's health ... and is equipped to carry blood and perform in-flight surgical procedures. In fiscal year 2014-2015, Life Force transported ... each equipped to perform in-flight surgical procedures and transfusions. Founded in 1889, Erlanger is a large public healthcare ... Baroness Hospital houses the system's Level I trauma center, major in-patient and surgical departments, and ambulatory care ...
"Cystoscopy and Optical Internal Urethrotomy Peri-Op Instructions: Urologic Surgical Associates of Delaware". usadelaware.com. ... Men's cotton boxers work well for both comfort and containing any bleeding that may occur. (Note: bleeding after a urethrotomy ... It may be that a longer complicated stricture may be better treated with an open procedure while the shorter simpler one with a ... It is suggested to wear loose fitting undergarments after the procedure as there is a chance of having a catheter after the ...
Other research has tried to test the introduction of a modified surgical procedure for repairing a concealed penis and compared ... Surgeons who treat this disorder are either urologic or plastic surgeons. Operational options can include ligament separation ... Since the penis does not protrude when a man has this disorder, his ability to pass urine when he is standing or to participate ... "A modified surgical procedure for concealed penis". Canadian Urological Association Journal. 9 (9-10): E723-E726. doi:10.5489/ ...
A robotically assisted surgical system used for prostatectomies, cardiac valve repair and gynecologic surgical procedures ... Williams SB, Prado K, Hu JC (November 2014). "Economics of robotic surgery: does it make sense and for whom?". The Urologic ... In May 2006 the first artificial intelligence doctor-conducted unassisted robotic surgery was on a 34-year-old male to correct ... 1,500 per procedure, the cost of the procedure is higher. Additional surgical training is needed to operate the system. ...
"Antibiotic prophylaxis and its appropriate timing for urological surgical procedures in patients with asymptomatic bacteriuria ... In nursing homes rates are as high as 50% among women and 40% in men. In those with a long term indwelling urinary catheter ... Detweiler K, Mayers D, Fletcher SG (November 2015). "Bacteruria and Urinary Tract Infections in the Elderly". The Urologic ... For urine collected via bladder catheterization in men and women, a single urine specimen with greater than 100,000 colony ...
Male genital surgical and other procedures: reproductive system (ICD-9-CM V3 60-64, ICD-10-PCS 0V) ... Use of viscoelastic solution to improve visualization during urologic microsurgery: evaluation of patency after vasovasostomy. ... Vasectomy reversal is a term used for surgical procedures that reconnect the male reproductive tract after interruption by a ... of men are satisfied with having had the procedure. While there are a number of reasons that men seek a vasectomy reversal ...
Urologic and Gynecologic Problems and Procedures in Children. In: Tintinalli JE, Stapczynski JS, Cline DM, Ma OJ, Cydulka RK, ... Abdel Raheem, Amr; Ralph, David; Minhas, S. (September 2012). "Male infertility". British Journal of Medical and Surgical ... Ludvigson, AE; Beaule, LT (June 2016). "Urologic Emergencies". The Surgical Clinics of North America. 96 (3): 407-24. doi: ... It occurs in about 1 in 4,000 to 1 per 25,000 males per year before 25 years of age; but it can occur at any age, including ...
The progression of reduced cardiac functioning over time may necessitate surgical procedures to counteract mitral valve ... Frequency (male). Frequency (female). When first observed. Prognosis. Treatment Cognitive disabilities. Mental retardation. ... Because RPS6KA3 is located on the X chromosome, males (who possess only one copy of the X chromosome) display more severe ... Symptoms of disease are more severe in males, who are generally diagnosed in early childhood. Children afflicted by CLS display ...
No-touch surgical technique. This technique for penile prosthesis implantation is a surgical procedure developed by J. ... Surgery for cisgender males is simpler than for female-to-male transgender patients, because the urethra requires less ... Gomelsky, A.; Dmochowski, RR (2003). "Antibiotic prophylaxis in urologic prosthetic surgery". Current Pharmaceutical Design. 9 ... A New Surgical Procedure for Phallic Reconstruction: Istanbul Flap by Mutaf, Mehmet (Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive ...
Urinary tract infection
Risk of infections increases as males age. While bacteria is commonly present in the urine of older males this does not appear ... Introduction to Medical-Surgical Nursing. Elsevier Health Sciences. 2015. p. 909. ISBN 9781455776412. .. ... Keane, edited by Sam D. Graham, Thomas E. (2009). Glenn's urologic surgery (7th ed.). Philadelphia, Pa.: Lippincott Williams & ... and treatment before urinary tract procedures which will likely cause bleeding. ...
Vitamin D deficiency
... is also more common after surgical procedures that reduce absorption from the intestine, including weight ... Moyad MA (October 2008). "Vitamin D: a rapid review". Urologic Nursing (Review). 28 (5): 343-9, 384, quiz 350. PMID 18980100.. ... Another study conducted in 152 healthy men and women concluded that diets rich in monounsaturated fatty acids may improve and ... loss procedures.. Critical illnessEdit. Vitamin D deficiency is associated with increased mortality in critical illness.[42 ...
Intersex medical interventions
... can broadly be divided into masculinizing surgical procedures intended to make genitalia more like those of typical XY-males, ... Feminizing surgical procedures. In the last 50 years, the following procedures were most commonly performed to make the ... Masculinizing surgical procedures. Orchiopexy and hypospadias repair are the most common types of genital corrective ... Unlike other aesthetic surgical procedures performed on infants, such as corrective surgery for a cleft lip (as opposed to a ...
Religious male circumcision
The procedure is practiced as a cultural tradition, and has no religious significance in the Druze faith. Male Druze ... Surgical Guide to Circumcision. London: Springer. pp. 291-298. doi:10.1007/978-1-4471-2858-8_26. ISBN 978-1-4471-2857-1. ... "Urologic Clinics of North America. 12 (1): 123-132. PMID 3883617. Retrieved 8 October 2018.. ... This article is about religious male circumcision. For the history of male circumcision, see History of male circumcision. For ...
... is a surgical procedure for male sterilization or permanent contraception. During the procedure, the male vas ... Pile, John M.; Barone, Mark A. (2009). "Demographics of Vasectomy-USA and International". Urologic Clinics of North America. 36 ... The procedure is regarded as permanent because vasectomy reversal is costly and often does not restore the male's sperm count ... Because the procedure is considered a permanent method of contraception and is not easily reversed, men are usually counseled/ ...
ಶಸ್ತ್ರಚಿಕಿತ್ಸೆ - ವಿಕಿಪೀಡಿಯ
REDIRECT Template:Lymphatic organ procedures. *REDIRECT Template:Digestive system procedures. *REDIRECT Template:Urologic ... "Stone age man used dentist drill". BBC News. 6 April 2006. Retrieved 24 May 2010.. ... Orthopedic surgery, operations/surgeries and other procedures on bones and joints (ICD-9-CM V3 76-81, ICD-10-PCS 0P-S) ... Operations/surgeries and other procedures of the skin and subcutaneous tissue (ICD-9-CM V3 86, ICD-10-PCS 0H) ...
Urinary tracts of males and females, and the male reproductive system. It is often practiced together with andrology ("men's ... Surgical oncology SO Surgery Curative and palliative surgical approaches to cancer treatment. ... Treats a wide variety of thoracic and abdominal (and sometimes urologic) diseases of childhood. ... or MRI to perform a breadth of intravascular procedures (angioplasty, arterial stenting, thrombolysis, uterine fibroid ...
Urologic surgical and other procedures (ICD-9-CM V3 55-59+89.2, ICD-10-PCS 0T) ... Moore, Wendy (2005). The Knife Man: The Extraordinary Life and Times of John Hunter, Father of Modern Surgery. Crown Publishing ... Mustard procedure. Senning procedure. for univentricular defect Norwood procedure. Kawashima procedure. shunt from blood vessel ... Procedures involving cutting into an organ or tissue end in -otomy. A surgical procedure cutting through the abdominal wall to ...
Medical Subject Headings bahasa Indonesia, ensiklopedia bebas
MeSH C12 --- urologic and male genital diseases. *MeSH C13 --- female genital diseases and pregnancy complications ... MeSH E04 --- surgical procedures, operative. *MeSH E05 --- investigative techniques. *MeSH E06 --- dentistry ...
... is a surgical procedure for male sterilization or permanent contraception. During the procedure, the male vas ... Pile, John M.; Barone, Mark A. (2009). "Demographics of Vasectomy-USA and International". Urologic Clinics of North America. 36 ... Male genital surgical and other procedures: reproductive system (ICD-9-CM V3 60-64, ICD-10-PCS 0V) ... The procedure is not often encouraged for young single men as their chances for biological parenthood are thereby more or less ...
... with the procedure potentially being partially surgical. ... healthy males. For elderly males with LUTS however, in the ... This urodynamic profile is related to a lower risk of urologic complications, such as cystitis and bladder stones. ... Increasing the number of sperm a male inseminates into a female acts to get rid of any rival male's sperm that may be stored ... A female's phenotypic quality is a key determinant of a male's ejaculate investment. Research has shown that males produce ...
Religious male circumcision
The procedure is practiced as a cultural tradition, and has no religious significance in the Druze faith.Male Druze infants are ... "Urologic Clinics of North America. 12 (1): 123-132. PMID 3883617. Retrieved 8 October 2018.. ... "In Bolnick, David A.; Koyle, Martin; Yosha, Assaf (eds.). Surgical Guide to Circumcision. London: Springer. pp. 291-298. doi: ... David went further: "and David arose and went, he and his men, and slew of the Philistines two hundred men; and David brought ...
Kidney stone disease
Various surgical interventions, e.g. amputation of the urethral process at its base near the glans penis in male ruminants, ... and lithotomy for the removal of stones is one of the earliest known surgical procedures. In 1901, a stone discovered in ... "Kidney & Urologic Diseases: A-Z list of Topics and Titles. Bethesda, Maryland: National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and ... Among ruminants, uroliths more commonly cause problems in males than in females; the sigmoid flexure of the ruminant male ...
Prostate cancer is least common among Asian men and most common among black men, with white men in between. ... Bostwick DG, Eble JN (2007). Urological Surgical Pathology. St. Louis: Mosby. str. 468. ISBN 978-0-323-01970-5. .. ... Urologic Oncology. 30 (1): 3-15. doi:10.1016/j.urolonc.2009.09.002. PMID 19945310.. ... "Use of Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Biopsy Data to Guide Sampling Procedures for Prostate Cancer Biobanking". Journal of ...
In older males and males who have sex with males enteric bacteria are common. Diagnosis is typically based on symptoms. ... Surgical removal of the epididymis is rarely necessary, causes sterility, and only gives relief from pain in approximately 50% ... which is a fairly expensive procedure (~US$300 to US$800 in 2013), is to assure the patient that he does not have testicular ... "Chronic epididymitis: a practical approach to understanding and managing a difficult urologic enigma". Rev Urol. 5 (4): 209-15 ...
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
The latest alternative to surgical treatment is arterial embolization, an endovascular procedure performed in interventional ... Men older than 60 in rural areas had very low rates of clinical BPH, while men living in cities and consuming more animal ... This urodynamic profile is associated with a lower risk of urologic complications, such as cystitis and bladder stones. ... The prostate gets larger in most men as they get older. For a symptom-free man of 46 years, the risk of developing BPH over the ...
Paul J. Turek
FNA Mapping is a non-invasive office procedure that can be performed in a standardized, template fashion to identify men who ... While at Stanford Medical School, he participated in immunology research and developed an interest in the surgical discipline ... interest in urologic microsurgery and reproductive medicine and soon after pursued fellowship training in microsurgery and male ... specializing in male fertility. He has performed and published research in men's reproductive health issues including genetic ...
"Effect of surgical repair on testosterone production in infertile men with varicocele: A meta-analysis". International Journal ... Hayden, Russell P.; Tanrikut, Cigdem (2016-05-01). "Testosterone and Varicocele". The Urologic Clinics of North America. 43 (2 ... Possible complications of this procedure include hematoma (bleeding into tissues), hydrocele (accumulation of fluid around the ... Around 15% to 20% of all adult males, up to 35% to 40% of men who are evaluated for male infertility, and around 80% of men who ...
... is least common among Asian men and most common among black men, with white men in between. The average annual ... Nahon I, Waddington G, Dorey G, Adams R (2011). "The history of urologic surgery: from reeds to robotics". Urologic Nursing. 31 ... The procedure is done under spinal anesthesia, a resectoscope is inserted inside the penis and the extra prostatic tissue is ... More invasive surgical treatment can include the insertion of a urethral sling or an artificial urinary sphincter, which is a ...
What does urologic surgical procedures, male mean?
... male. What does urologic surgical procedures, male mean? Information and translations of urologic surgical procedures, male in ... male in the Definitions.net dictionary. Meaning of urologic surgical procedures, ... What does urologic surgical procedures, male mean?. Definitions for urologic surgical procedures, male. Here are all the ... Search for Song lyrics containing the word urologic surgical procedures, male. *Search for urologic surgical procedures, male ...
Second opinion pathology in tertiary care of patients with urologic malignancies
... support the review of all pathology by the urologist and pathologist as part of the consultation in patients with urologic ... A second opinion review of surgical pathology for urologic malignancy can result in major therapeutic and prognostic changes, ... Urologic Neoplasms / surgery* * Urologic Surgical Procedures, Male / methods ... Conclusions: A second opinion review of surgical pathology for urologic malignancy can result in major therapeutic and ...
Variability of Retail Pricing of Generic Urologic Medications in a Major US Metropolitan Area.
To investigate retail pricing for generic urologic medications in the St. Louis area as a function of pharmacy type, zip-code, ... For surgery of the male genitalia, UROLOGIC SURGICAL PROCEDURES, MALE is available. ... Urologic Surgical Procedures. Surgery performed on the urinary tract or its parts in the male or female. ... Generic Urologic Medications in a Major US Metropolitan Area.". To investigate retail pricing for generic urologic medications ...
Substitution urethroplasty is as successful as anastomotic urethroplasty for short bulbar strictures
Ureteropelvic junction obstruction secondary to crossing vessels-to transpose or not? The robotic experience.
We compared the surgical outcomes of robot assisted laparoscopic dismembered pyeloplasty in patients presenting with anterior ... Male. Robotics*. Ureteral Obstruction / etiology*. Urologic Surgical Procedures / methods. Vascular Surgical Procedures. ... Evaluation of surgical success was based on validated pain scores, diuretic renography and imaging results, including excretory ... PURPOSE: We compared the surgical outcomes of robot assisted laparoscopic dismembered pyeloplasty in patients presenting with ...
Urologic Surgery - Pella Regional Health Center - Pella Regional Health Center
... youll receive care from experienced surgeons and urologists who treat a wide range of urologic conditions. ... Surgical Procedures. Depending on your condition and treatment history, your doctor may recommend surgery such as:. *Male ... No matter your urologic health needs, youll get care from surgical experts focused on complete treatment and swift recovery. ... Urologic Conditions. Surgery at Pella Regional may be the best treatment option for urologic conditions including:. *Bladder ...
Ampliação vesical para o tratamento de bexiga contraída por tuberculose: análise...
Urologic surgical procedures. Resumo em inglês. INTRODUCTION: Urogenital tuberculosis is a rare disease with delayed diagnosis ... PATIENTS AND METHODS: Twenty men and five women, with median age of 40 (12 to 60) years were evaluated. Prior to augmentation, ... and is potentially destructive for the male urogenital tract. Chronic tuberculous cystitis is a late event in the tuberculosis ...
Advanced Search Results - Public Health Image Library(PHIL)
Sutter Medical Group Urology - Davis - LocalWiki
List of MeSH codes (E04) - Wikipedia
... urologic surgical procedures, male MeSH E04.950.774.860.226 - circumcision MeSH E04.950.774.860.618 - orchiectomy MeSH E04.950. ... urologic surgical procedures MeSH E04.950.774.150 - cystectomy MeSH E04.950.774.175 - kidney transplantation MeSH E04.950. ... surgical stapling MeSH E04.928.220 - cardiac surgical procedures MeSH E04.928.220.220 - cardiomyoplasty MeSH E04.928.220.360 - ... cardiac surgical procedures MeSH E04.100.376.125 - cardiomyoplasty MeSH E04.100.376.374 - heart arrest, induced MeSH E04.100. ...
Selecting the right method for hypospadias repair to achieve optimal results for the primary situation | SpringerPlus | Full...
HypospadiasMale urologic surgical proceduresTreatment outcome. Background. In 1994, Snodgrass (1994) first reported the use of ... With increasing surgical experience, TIP applications are also becoming more extensive and now include several types of ... In our study, we performed a retrospective analysis on the three procedures using a large number of primary cases to make an ... 3). The cosmetic outcomes (mean score) as rated by the HOSE table were 14.34, 14.28, and 14.25 for each respective procedure. ...
Peyronie's disease: a common yet obscure disease of men | MN Spokesman-Recorder | MSR News Online
It is considered a connective tissue disorder that affects an estimated 10-12 percent of men. ... is a disease that affects the male penis. ... This surgical procedure, called the "Nesbitt" procedure, was ... developed by and named for a famous urologic surgeon.. The Nesbitt procedure is used as a last-hope treatment for extreme cases ... Men with mild disease may not experience uncomfortable sex. About 10-20 percent of men with Peyronies disease will also ...
Robotic "Simple" Prostatectomy for BPH | BIDMC of Boston
This procedure is usually done by a camera-assisted instrument through the penis (the so-called transurethral resection of the ... Diseases Surgery Surgical Oncology Testicular Cancer Program Transplant Institute Travel Clinic Urogynecology Urologic Surgery ... More Within Procedures for Prostate Problems Procedures for Prostate Problems * Cystoscopic Resection (TURP) for BPH ... During this time, you must be a "man of leisure". Passive activity such as walking, going out to dinner, sitting at a desk to ...
US9636179B2 - Surgical drape system for urology procedures on male patients - Google Patents
A simple surgical drape system of generally flat shape for male urology procedures that provides full isolation of top versus ... OHIO UROLOGIC RESEARCH LLC Original Assignee. OHIO UROLOGIC RESEARCH, LLC. Priority date (The priority date is an assumption ... Surgical drape system for urology procedures on male patients - Google Patents. Surgical drape system for urology procedures on ... Surgical drape system for urology procedures on male patients PCT/US2012/024246 WO2012109306A2 (en) 2011-02-09. 2012-02-08. ...
UTI-Related Bacteremia Due to Enterococcus faecalis: A Retrospective Case Control Study of Potential Risk Factors
... male sex, catheterization and urologic surgical procedures as risk factors, specifically for UTI-related bacteremia due to E. ... We noted details on hospital admission and stay, patient diagnoses and medical and surgical procedures to identify potential ... Furthermore, data on prophylactic antibiotic treatment in association to surgical procedures were not available. ... Male-sex was positively associated with the risk of UTI-related bacteremia due to E. faecalis with an odds ratio of five. ...
Urologic Oncology - MU Health Care
The urologic oncology specialists at MU Health Care are experienced in treating urologic cancers, including prostate, bladder ... We provide surgical procedures to treat incontinence, kidney stones, infections, urinary stone disease, enlarged prostate, male ... Urologic conditions we treat. Our team treats the male and female urinary systems as well as the male reproductive system. ... University of Missouri Health Cares urologic oncology program treats men and women of all ages as well as children. Our number ...
kidney and ureter neoplasm drug therapy 2000:2010[pubdate] *count=100 - BioMedLib™ search engine
Urologic Surgical Procedures / methods. *[MeSH-minor] Female. Humans. Middle Aged. Neoplasm Invasiveness. Transplants / adverse ... Male. Neoplasm Recurrence, Local. Urinary Bladder Neoplasms / pathology. Urinary Bladder Neoplasms / surgery. Urologic Surgical ... Laboratory Procedure. B22.214.171.124. Diagnostic Procedure. B126.96.36.199. Therapeutic or Preventive Procedure. B1.3.2. Research Activity ... Male Female + Age. And for these age groups: Newborn: birth to 1 month. Infant: 1 to 23 months. Preschool child: 2 to 5 years. ...
A technique of bladder neck closure combining prostatectomy and intestinal interposition for unsalvageable urethral disease. |...
Urologic Surgical Procedures. Join CureHunter, for free Research Interface BASIC access!. Take advantage of free CureHunter ... The 2 men with prostate cancer had undetectable prostate specific antigen.. CONCLUSIONS: Prostatectomy facilitated mobilization ... We retrospectively reviewed the records of 5 men 38 to 61 years old who presented with unsalvageable urethral pathology, ... a technique of bladder neck detachment and augmented closure incorporating total prostatectomy and urinary diversion in men ...
Andrology - Wikipedia
From reproductive and urologic viewpoints, male-specific medical and surgical procedures include vasectomy, vasovasostomy (one ... particularly relating to the problems of the male reproductive system and urological problems that are unique to men. It is the ... Mens health Reproductive health Urology Thelander, Hulda E., and Mollie Cholffin. "Neonatal cortical insufficiency (Addisons ... of the vasectomy reversal procedures), orchidopexy and circumcision as well as intervention to deal with male genitourinary ...
Urologic Diseases: Overviews & Tips
Urologic diseases are a wide variety of conditions, all related to the processing and carrying of urine out of the body. They ... Medical or surgical procedures may be needed in some instances, to remove large stones. Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy ( ... Men with BPH may experience a frequent urge to urinate. They may also have a weak stream of urine when they do go and a feeling ... What Are Urologic Diseases?. The term "urologic diseases" describes a wide variety of conditions, all related to the filtering ...
To tell or not: parental thoughts on disclosure of urologic surgery to their child | Int. braz. j. urol;41(3): 562-568, May...
Urologic Surgical Procedures / Disclosure / Genitalia Limits: Adult / Child / Child, preschool / Female / Humans / Male ... Urologic Surgical Procedures / Disclosure / Genitalia Limits: Adult / Child / Child, preschool / Female / Humans / Male ... Urologic Surgical Procedures/psychology , Age Factors , Decision Making , Interviews as Topic , Sex Factors , Surveys and ... Parents of patients ,5 years old undergoing urologic surgery were contacted for telephone survey. Parents were asked about ...
Cystectomy Articles - Results from #150
... risk-adjusted surgical database to evaluate 30-day outcomes of patients undergoing common urologic oncologic procedures as they ... This study presented the pathological response and oncological outcomes of male patients with cT4a urothelial bladder cancer ... Post-surgical complications in patients with bladder cancer treated with cystectomy: Differences between open and laparoscopic ... Utilizing the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program database, we identified 2934 patients diagnosed with bladder cancer ...
Disorders of sex development presenting as unilateral cryptorchidism - Danish National Research Database
Lean Project Repository | Eccles Health Sciences Library | J. Willard Marriott Digital Library
Efficiency, Organizational; Total Quality Management; Cost Savings; Robotics; Urologic Surgical Procedures, Male; Workflow; ... Surgical Procedures, Elective; Trigger Finger Disorder; Carpal Tunnel Syndrome; Orthopedic Procedures; Ambulatory Surgical ... Improving Access to Surgical Specialties: Reducing Clinic Length of Stay. Jeremiah Alt; Richard Orlandi; Stephanie Ehlert; ... Procedures; Process Assessment (Health Care); Meaningful Use; LEAN Project. 2013 Lean Project Repository: Cohort 4. ...
Urology - St. Luke's Hospital
... highly skilled in performing the latest leading edge surgical procedures and know how to treat the full spectrum of urologic ... Male Urology. If youre experiencing a urologic problem-prostate issues, erectile dysfunction, stones, or cancer-we can help. ... For Exceptional Urologic Care, The Choice Is Easy.. St. Lukes Urology offers expert and innovative medical and surgical care ... If you have a urologic problem-incontinence, overactive bladder, pelvic organ prolapse, pelvic pain, or recurrent urinary tract ...
Dr. Jonah S. Marshall, MD - Urology - Pittsfield, Massachusetts (MA)
Resorbable extracellular matrix grafts in urologic reconstruction | Int. braz. j. urol;31(3): 192-203, May-June 2005. ilus |...
Full text: Available Index: LILACS (Americas) Main subject: Urologic Surgical Procedures / Urologic Diseases / Tissue ... Urologic Diseases / Tissue Engineering / Extracellular Matrix / Intestinal Mucosa Limits: Animals / Female / Humans / Male ... Urologic Diseases/surgery , Urologic Surgical Procedures/methods , Cell Transplantation , Intestine, Small , Swine ... Full text: Available Index: LILACS (Americas) Main subject: Urologic Surgical Procedures / ...
Critical appraisal of the Spanner™ prostatic stent in the treatment of prostatic obstruction
However, it is not a good treatment option for men unfit for surgery based on an increased incidence of urinary retention and ... Based on limited data, the Spanner stent has been recommended as a treatment option for men with BOO following TUMT. ... and has recently been used in patients following transurethral microwave thermotherapy and men unfit for surgical intervention ... mesheuropmc: equipment and supplies , surgical procedures, operative , urologic and male genital diseases , cardiovascular ...
Misop Han, M.D.
... research and clinical trials for urologic cancers and diseases ... Han M, Polascik TJ: Chap 5. Urologic procedures. Johns Hopkins ... Isolated local recurrence is rare following radical prostatectomy for men with Gleason 7 diseases and positive surgical margins ... Progression Outcome after Radical Prostatectomy for Men in their 30s compared to older men. BJU Int. 2008; 101(12): 1503-6. ... Urologic Oncology Chap 29: 514-27, 2004.. *Han M, Catalona WJ: What Is the Best PSA Prompt for Biopsy? AUA News March;9(2):30-1 ...
Vasectomy Overview, Male Reproductive Anatomy - Urologic Surgery - HealthCommunities.com
... a minor surgical procedure for men who want permanent birth control, how to prepare for vasectomy, and no-scalpel vasectomy. ... Vasectomy is a minor surgical procedure to cut and close off the tubes (vas deferens) that deliver sperm from the testes; it is ... Male Reproductive System Anatomy. To understand a vasectomy, it is helpful to understand the male reproductive system and how ... The procedure typically takes from 15-30 minutes and usually causes few complications and no change in sexual function. ...
UrologySurgeryDiseasesSurgeriesUrologicalKidneyVinci Surgical SystemInfertilityOncologyBenign prostatic hErectile dysfunctionProstatectomyLaparoscopyProstate CancerOperativePelvicDelicate urologic proceduresUrinary IncontinenceOutcomesUreterPatientsReconstructionSystem for UrologicIncontinenceInvasiveUrethraGenitaliaPatient'sComplicationsTreatmentsReproductive systemCommon urologicSmall incisionsObstructionSurgeonCystoscopyBladder cancerConditionsOutcomeMedical and surgicalMiddle AgedGynecologicPediatricTreatment
- Sutter Medical Group Urology offers comprehensive urologic services. (daviswiki.org)
- St. Luke's Urology offers expert and innovative medical and surgical care for all types of urologic conditions. (stlukeshospital.com)
- Our board-certified physicians offer advanced expertise in female urology and will ensure that you have access to state-of-the-art technologies and the most current procedures and medicines. (stlukeshospital.com)
- Han M, Snow PB, Epstein JI, Chan TY, Jones KA, Walsh PC and Partin AW: A neural network predicts progression for men with Gleason score 3+4 versus 4+3 tumors following radical prostatectomy, Urology. (jhu.edu)
- Urology is the art of treating various conditions of the genito-urinary tract, male and female, in adults as well as pediatric population. (brookdalehospital.org)
- So whether you're looking for innovative surgical treatment for prostate cancer, urinary incontinence or an adrenal disease, you can count on our talented team to deliver the advanced urology care you need. (centura.org)
- Stephen St. Clair, MD , a Urologist with Urology Services of the Berkshires and BMC Urology Division Chief, leads BMC's Urologic Surgery program utilizing the da Vinci Surgical System. (berkshirehealthsystems.org)
- With over 30 years of experience in urology , Dr. Bhat provides expert care for conditions of the male and female urinary tract (kidneys, bladder, ureter, urethra) and the male reproductive organs. (avera.org)
- Urology Book» Blog Archive Posterior Urethroplasty After Pelvic Fracture (Male) Video added. (urologybook.com)
- In conjunction with the UCLA Departments of Urology, Pathology, Nuclear Medicine and Radiation Oncology and other world renowned speakers, the program will review application of MR imaging in surgical planning for robotic prostatectomy, prostate biopsy planning, active surveillance and radiation planning. (uclahealth.org)
- As the flagship hospital of UHealth-University of Miami Health System, University of Miami Hospital Urology provides expert diagnosis and treatment for patients suffering from a wide variety of urologic diseases, including incontinence, urinary tract infections, kidney stones, enlarged prostate, erectile dysfunction, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, and more. (umiamihospital.com)
- Our department at Emirates Hospital is an advanced facility with expert physicians and surgeons to offer you comprehensive and evidence based treatment from common to complex urology problems, using the latest technology and cutting-edge breakthroughs for minimum invasive procedures. (emirateshospitalmc.ae)
- 1 EUROPEAN UROLOGY SUPPLEMENTS 9 (2010) available at journal homepage: Preventing Complications in Robotic Prostatic Surgery Rafael Sanchez-Salas, Vincent Flamand, Xavier Cathelineau * Department of Urology, Institut Montsouris, Université Paris Descartes, Paris, France Article info Keywords: Prostate cancer Surgical treatment Radical prostatectomy Complications Learning curve Robotic prostatectomy Prevention of complications Please visit europeanurology to read and answer questions on-line. (docplayer.net)
- Billings Clinic's board-certified urologists have special interests in and work closely with urologic cancer patients and children with urology concerns. (billingsclinic.com)
- The addition of minimally invasive robotic-assisted surgery with the da Vinci Surgical System enables the Urology Services team to treat patients with the latest technology. (billingsclinic.com)
- Before earning his medical degree and completing surgical and urology residencies, Dr. May earned a master's degree in biotechnology from Johns Hopkins University. (urologicconsultsepa.com)
- The Department of Urology at Rambam Health Care Campus specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of urinary tract diseases in men and women, as well as of male reproductive disorders. (bookinghealth.com)
- Urology is a field of medicine both men and women must be in place prior to any degree. (blogspot.com)
- The most invasive procedure urology offers patients suffering from diseases that affect the urinary bladder. (blogspot.com)
- The growth of Emerson Urology Associates has made Emerson a destination for those who require complex urologic surgery. (emersonhospital.org)
- Urology at Virginia Hospital Center delivers compassionate, skilled, and innovative medical care for the diagnosis, management, and treatment of the various urological conditions, including kidney stone disease, male infertility, benign prostate enlargement, male and female incontinence and urologic cancers. (virginiahospitalcenter.com)
- We are dedicated to offering patients a wide range of quality urology services including urinary incontinence treatment , BPH treatment , UTI treatment , the vasectomy procedure, and more, in a warm and friendly environment to provide the very best in urologic care. (sttammanyurology.com)
- Our Urology practice in Covington treats male and female patients from all over St. Tammany Parish seeking state of the art urologic care with a personal touch to improve their outcomes. (sttammanyurology.com)
- Contributors from those two fields, as well as from urology and radiology, cover the anatomy of the female urinary tract, imaging the tract, cystourethroscopy for the gynecologist, reconstructive procedures performed on and around the urethra, surgical procedures performed on and around the urinary bladders, and avoiding and managing ureteral injury during pelvic surgery. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Urology surgeons at CMC perform a wide range of urologic surgical procedures, using minimally invasive or more invasive procedures, depending on the procedure and patient's condition. (hannahstears.net)
- Greater Nebraska Medical & Surgical Services (GNMSS) Urology now has three Urologists. (bbgh.org)
- His residency with MD Anderson also provided in-depth experience in Urologic cancers, training in robotic and minimally invasive (laparoscopic) surgery as well as General Urology procedures. (bbgh.org)
- The urology resident rotations include exposure to all urologic subspecialties including pediatrics, reconstruction, infertility, stone disease, and oncology. (medstarhealth.org)
- The urology specialty encompasses conditions of the male and female urinary tract system and the male reproductive system. (instituteroboticsurgery.com)
- Dr. Fenig and the ED specialists at Chesapeake Urology, work closely with men to find the best option for overcoming ED, helping to restore patients' quality of life and sexual well-being. (chesapeakeurology.com)
- In fact, Chesapeake Urology surgeons are on the leading-edge of the most advanced surgical techniques and technology in penile implants and perform more than 1,500 penile prosthetic implant surgeries a year. (chesapeakeurology.com)
- Our staff members of 10 urologists and two radiation oncologists features skills across all areas of urology which includes woman urology, urologic oncology, pediatric urology, robotic and laparoscopic surgical procedures, male infertility, together with erectile dysfunction and Adult males's sexual health and fitness. (acidblog.net)
- Surgery performed on the male genitalia. (definitions.net)
- This review assesses guideline discrepancies for urologic surgery antimicrobial prophylaxis and identifies opportunities for improvement of antimicrobial prophylaxis and stewardship. (bioportfolio.com)
- Surgery performed on the urinary tract or its parts in the male or female. (bioportfolio.com)
- For surgery of the male genitalia, UROLOGIC SURGICAL PROCEDURES, MALE is available. (bioportfolio.com)
- Advanced procedures, including robot-assisted surgery, may be part of your personalized care plan. (pellahealth.org)
- In the multivariate analysis, male-sex and urological surgery were found to be independent significant predictors of UTI-related bacteremia due to E. faecalis. (omicsonline.org)
- Conclusion: Male sex, urological surgery and catheterization are factors associated with UTI-related bacteremia due to E. faecalis. (omicsonline.org)
- We are leaders in minimally invasive and non-invasive urological procedures including robot-assisted surgery and endourology. (stlukeshospital.com)
- However, it is not a good treatment option for men unfit for surgery based on an increased incidence of urinary retention and dysuria. (openaire.eu)
- At Johns Hopkins Hospital, Dr. Han is actively involved in researching what happens to men following surgery for prostate cancer. (jhu.edu)
- Dr. Han's research and clinical trials also involve urologic robotics for image-guided surgery. (jhu.edu)
- Facing any kind of urologic surgery creates a great deal of anxiety for most people. (brookdalehospital.org)
- Traditional open urologic surgery - in which large incisions are made to access the abdominal and pelvic organs - has been the standard approach when surgery is warranted. (brookdalehospital.org)
- Fortunately, less invasive surgical options are available to many patients facing urologic surgery today. (brookdalehospital.org)
- A new category of surgery, introduced with the development of the da Vinci® Surgical System, is being used by an increasing number of surgeons worldwide for prostatectomy and other urologic procedures. (brookdalehospital.org)
- This minimally invasive approach, utilizing the latest in surgical and robotics technologies, is ideal for delicate urologic surgery. (brookdalehospital.org)
- Surgery with the da Vinci Surgical System may not be appropriate for every individual. (brookdalehospital.org)
- For additional information on minimally invasive surgery with the da Vinci® Surgical System visit www.davincisurgery.com. (brookdalehospital.org)
- When medication and other non-surgical treatments are either unavailable or cannot relieve symptoms, surgery is the accepted treatment for a broad range of conditions that affect the male reproductive organs and the organs of the urinary tract. (keepingyouwell.com)
- Facing any kind of urologic surgery creates a great deal of anxiety for most men. (keepingyouwell.com)
- We hypothesized parents would find it difficult to disclose urologic surgery to a child . (bvsalud.org)
- 5 years old undergoing urologic surgery were contacted for telephone survey . (bvsalud.org)
- The purpose of this white paper is to review key components of pre-operative evaluation of the urologic patient and familiarize urologists with existing pre-operative practices in order to identify risk factors that can be modified and allow for more effective counseling of patients prior to surgery. (auanet.org)
- Urologic pre-operative care is defined as medical evaluation or treatment received in preparation prior to a urologic surgery or procedure. (auanet.org)
- It is acceptable to perform the H+P the day of the procedure, but as CMS stipulates, appropriate medical personnel accredited and privileged by the hospital/facility/surgery center to perform the H+P must be present. (auanet.org)
- The overall conversion rate was 19.6% with 14.6%, 4% and 1.1% of procedures converted to reduced port laparoscopy, conventional laparoscopic/robotic surgery and open surgery, respectively. (yonsei.ac.kr)
- We perform minimally invasive robotic-assisted surgery for a wide variety of urologic diseases and conditions. (centura.org)
- We offer medication management, minimally invasive procedures, and traditional and robotic-assisted urologic surgery . (templehealth.org)
- Robotic surgery is a type of minimally invasive surgery during which doctors use very small surgical instruments that fit into a patient's body through a series of tiny incisions. (desertskyurology.com)
- The Mölnlycke Health Care surgical range enables safe and efficient surgery, promotes protection and comfort and helps you to deliver superior care. (molnlycke.sg)
- General surgery is, despite its name, a surgical speciality focusing on. (molnlycke.sg)
- Paediatric surgery is a subspeciality of surgery involving procedures on. (molnlycke.sg)
- Urologic surgery focuses on the urinary tracts of both males and females, as. (molnlycke.sg)
- Minimally Invasive Surgery: The da Vinci System enables surgeons to perform even the most complex and delicate procedures through very small incisions with unmatched precision. (berkshirehealthsystems.org)
- Board-certified urologists are specially trained to perform robotic-assisted surgery with the da Vinci Surgical System . (concordhospital.org)
- The da Vinci ® Surgical System provides surgeons with an alternative to both traditional open surgery and conventional laparoscopy, putting a surgeon's hands at the controls of a state-of-the-art robotic platform. (mountnittany.org)
- When medication and non-invasive procedures are unable to relieve symptoms, surgery remains the accepted and most effective treatment for a range of gynecologic conditions. (mountnittany.org)
- Traditional open gynecologic surgery, for many years has been the standard approach to many gynecologic procedures. (mountnittany.org)
- For hysterectomies and other gynecologic procedures, robot-assisted surgery with the da Vinci ® Surgical System may be the most effective, least invasive treatment option. (mountnittany.org)
- To learn more about minimally invasive options for urologic surgery click here . (stph.org)
- Specializing exclusively in laparoscopic and robotic urologic surgery, he performs approximately 300 procedures of this type annually, along with numerous robotic kidney procedures. (bio-medicine.org)
- The technique involves the melding of two separate but related surgical techniques-laparoscopic surgery and robotic surgery. (bio-medicine.org)
- 1. Complications in robotic prostatic surgery The recognition, report, and analysis of complications remain an essential element of surgical development. (docplayer.net)
- The system can be used on a range of minimally invasive surgeries, such as cardiac, urologic (including prostate, bladder and kidney cancers) and thoracic surgery. (arabnews.com)
- In the coming few years, robotic surgery will be the new gold standard in doing surgical procedures, and countries like Saudi Arabia, which invests a significant part of its income on the health of its citizens, can become a leader in this field. (arabnews.com)
- Robotic surgery using the da Vinci Surgical® System is the most advanced method of performing many urologic procedures. (urologicconsultsepa.com)
- In men, robotic surgery has been so successful in radical prostatectomy that in the United States it is now the number one treatment for prostate cancer. (urologicconsultsepa.com)
- In both men and women, robotic surgery has been successful in treating urological issues including kidney disease, bladder conditions and adrenal tumors. (urologicconsultsepa.com)
- Dr. Rosenthal has a special interest in robotics and minimally invasive urologic surgery for tumors of the kidney, ureter and prostate as well as non-malignant urologic diseases. (urologicconsultsepa.com)
- Dr. Tarry is fellowship trained in reconstruction surgery and specializes in robotic procedures. (urologicconsultsepa.com)
- Dr. Tarry is experienced with using robotic surgery for complex cases and procedures not widely available. (urologicconsultsepa.com)
- Dr. Libertino has reason to feel confident in his ability to perform complex urologic surgery - notably when there is cancer in both kidneys. (emersonhospital.org)
- He developed the surgical technique that avoids clamping the major artery adjacent to the kidney when performing a partial nephrectomy, surgery that removes just the tumor and nearby tissue. (emersonhospital.org)
- An increasing number of patients are arriving from well beyond the Emerson service area - outside the state and even the U.S. - to have complex urologic surgery at Emerson. (emersonhospital.org)
- Dr. Eric Mayer, a board certified urologist specializing in minimally invasive urologic procedures using the da Vinci surgical system, has joined Capital Health as director of Urologic Robotic Surgery. (capitalhealth.org)
- They utilize the most advanced technologies to perform non-surgical gynecologic treatments, female pelvic reconstructive procedures, minimally invasive and robotic surgeries, including robotic hysterectomy and robotic fibroid surgery. (virginiahospitalcenter.com)
- Our urologists have significant experience and perform many procedures, including laparoscopic and robotic surgery. (virginiahospitalcenter.com)
- Urologic surgery for the gynecologist and urogynecologist. (thefreedictionary.com)
- If you need surgery to treat a cancerous or non-cancerous urological condition, you may be a candidate for a minimally invasive procedure with the da Vinci® Intuitive Surgical Robotics System , instead of a traditional open procedure. (hannahstears.net)
- Catholic Medical Center surgeons have extensive experience in minimally invasive surgical techniques and have been using the da Vinci® system for urologic surgery since 2003. (hannahstears.net)
- If you need urologic surgery, talk to your surgeon to see if you are a candidate for minimally invasive surgery. (hannahstears.net)
- Robotic-assisted surgery allows for small incisions and more control, creating access to detailed visuals while controlling robotic arms during procedures. (nfrmc.com)
- Robotic surgery refers to the use of robotic-assisted technology in performing surgical procedures. (nfrmc.com)
- Robotic surgery offers surgeons increased visualization and greater surgical precision. (nfrmc.com)
- Robotic surgery is now an option for weight loss procedures , including gastric sleeve and gastric bypass. (nfrmc.com)
- We use robotic technology in performing several types of orthopedic surgery , including total hip and knee replacement procedures. (nfrmc.com)
- During surgery, we are able to place prosthetic implants with enhanced precision and operate with greater surgical dexterity. (nfrmc.com)
- Patients undergoing urologic surgery or other surgery on contiguous structures of the genitourinary tract. (cdc.gov)
- The remaining 6 months are spent developing important skills on general surgery services such as colorectal surgery, surgical ICU, and trauma. (medstarhealth.org)
- Talk with your surgeon to see if your urologic procedure qualifies for robotic surgery. (wesleymc.com)
- Learning and teaching activities of surgical procedures on female and male pelvic anatomic/functional pathologies, techniqual tips and tricks, usage of technologic tools, anatomic pelvic dissection and pelvic organ identifi cations, materials for surgery, complications and problem solving, 3D printed models, and interactive discussions. (ics.org)
- Many urologic procedures can be performed with robotic-assisted surgery assisted by the da Vinci Xi Robotic Surgical System. (instituteroboticsurgery.com)
- If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with a condition that may require surgery, you owe it to yourself to learn about all of your medical options, including the most effective, least invasive surgical treatments available. (upstate.edu)
- Traditional open gynecologic surgery, using a large incision for access to the uterus and surrounding anatomy, has for many years been the standard approach to many gynecologic procedures. (upstate.edu)
- The type of primary treatment received for prostate cancer-surgery or radiation therapy-is the strongest predictor of lesser-known complications such as the need for additional surgical procedures and development of secondary cancers, according to the authors of a recently published study from the University of Toronto. (modernmedicine.com)
- Olympus, a global technology leader in designing and delivering innovative solutions for medical and surgical procedures, among other core businesses, announced today the launch of its FDA cleared Plasma-OvalButton for urologic procedures including minimally invasive surgery to reduce enlarged prostate as well as treatment of bladder cancer. (olympusamerica.com)
- Han M, Pound CR, Potter SR, Partin AW, Epstein JI, Walsh PC: Isolated local recurrence is rare following radical prostatectomy for men with Gleason 7 diseases and positive surgical margins: Therapeutic implications, J Urol. (jhu.edu)
- What Are Urologic Diseases? (healthline.com)
- The term "urologic diseases" describes a wide variety of conditions, all related to the filtering and carrying of urine out of the body. (healthline.com)
- These diseases can affect men, women, and children of all ages. (healthline.com)
- There are many urologic disorders and diseases. (healthline.com)
- Urologic diseases affect men, women, and children of all ages, and affect very specific parts of the body. (umiamihospital.com)
- It's the branch of medicine focused on the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases that affect the urinary tract for both men and women as well as the male's reproductive tract. (emirateshospitalmc.ae)
- She treats the entire range of urologic diseases and conditions: kidney, prostate and bladder cancer, pelvic floor prolapse, interstitial cystitis, overactive bladder, urethral stricture disease and kidney stones. (urologicconsultsepa.com)
- While laparoscopy can be very effective for many routine procedures, limitations of this technology prevent its use for more complex urologic surgeries. (brookdalehospital.org)
- Parents seem comfortable discussing urologic surgeries with a child but about 1/3 would appreciate further counseling . (bvsalud.org)
- For example, a 2011 prospective cross sectional study examined surgical cancellation rates across 25 hospitals and found that approximately eight percent of elective urologic surgeries were cancelled within 24 hours of the scheduled procedure and needed to be rescheduled. (auanet.org)
- Angiographic procedures are surgeries guided by a medical imaging technique. (molnlycke.sg)
- Using the latest in surgical and robotic technologies, the state-of-the-art da Vinci System is beneficial for performing complex and delicate surgeries to treat numerous medical conditions in men and women. (urologicconsultsepa.com)
- This cutting-edge, state-of-the-art technology has been scientifically proven to benefit surgical accuracy, patient outcomes and patient safety in various spine and orthopedic surgeries. (instituteroboticsurgery.com)
- Our urologic surgeons perform complex oncology surgeries and reconstructive urologic procedures. (baycare.org)
- and -λογία, -logia) is the medical specialty that deals with male health, particularly relating to the problems of the male reproductive system and urological problems that are unique to men. (wikipedia.org)
- The American Urological Association gratefully acknowledges the assistance of the American Society of Anesthesiologists and Society of Urologic Nurses and Associates in the creation of the white paper. (auanet.org)
- Twenty five years ago the subject of male infertility scarcely existed in urological practice. (google.com)
- The American Urological Association and the American Cancer Society recommend that men over the age of 50 should have a regular prostatic examination and a PSA blood test to help detect early prostate changes. (urologyconsultant.co.uk)
- As a surrogate for procedures performed, we reviewed device utilization trends of the AdVance sling and AUS broken down by American Urological Association (AUA) section. (pubfacts.com)
- We offer surgical implantation of a donor kidney if you have advanced kidney disease or damage. (muhealth.org)
- Common as men age, an enlarged prostate can cause a weak urine stream, difficulty urinating and potentially bladder stones, infection or reduced kidney function. (muhealth.org)
- Pyeloplasty is the surgical reconstruction of the renal pelvis (a part of the kidney) to drain and decompress the kidney. (desertskyurology.com)
- Our doctors have extensive medical training and experience in the treatment of medical conditions of the female urinary tract and the male genitourinary system, including incontinence, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction and different forms of cancer. (emirateshospitalmc.ae)
- When Mr. Correale ( pictured at right) subsequently learned that he had bilateral kidney cancer (cancer in both kidneys), he began to carefully consider which surgeon should perform the complex procedures he was facing: removal of the tumor in his right kidney - importantly, in a way that would leave him with one healthy, functioning kidney - and then removal of his left kidney. (emersonhospital.org)
- He will treat disorders of both the male and female urinary tract (bladder, ureter, kidney and urethra). (bbgh.org)
Vinci Surgical System3
- Abstract Context: The urologic community has embraced robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy (RALP) using the da Vinci Surgical System (Intuitive Surgical, Sunnyvale, CA, USA) as a surgical therapeutic approach to localised prostate cancer (PCa). (docplayer.net)
- Saudi surgeons are conducting increasingly complex procedures using the Da Vinci surgical system, said Al-Tartir. (arabnews.com)
- In the JHAH case last month, Al-Tartir said, the "hands" of the Da Vinci surgical system used to perform the hysterectomy allowed a high degree of dexterity. (arabnews.com)
- This book is concerned primarily with male infertility and it will be evident that this is now a substantial subject in its own right. (google.com)
- Male infertility a.k.a. (umiamihospital.com)
- The reliance on a wide variety of tests on semen as a means of diagnosing male infertility seems to have elevated the spermatozoon to the status of a ' cellular patient' . (healthconferences.org)
- In many clinics, the diagnosis of male infertility relies solely upon the findings in a semen analysis. (healthconferences.org)
- University of Missouri Health Care's urologic oncology program treats men and women of all ages as well as children. (muhealth.org)
Benign prostatic h5
- Systematic review of surgical treatments for benign prostatic hyperplasia and presentation of an approach to investigate therapeutic equivalence (n. (nih.gov)
- To assess the potential additional benefit of non-standard vs standard surgical treatments for benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and to present a new methodological approach to investigate therapeutic equivalence (non-inferiority) regarding symptom reduction. (nih.gov)
- A minimally invasive outpatient procedure, for men who suffer from benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), also known as enlarged prostate. (concordhospital.org)
- Common indications to catheterize a patient include acute or chronic urinary retention (which can damage the kidneys), orthopedic procedures that may limit a patient's movement, the need for accurate monitoring of input and output (such as in an ICU ), benign prostatic hyperplasia , incontinence, and the effects of various surgical interventions involving the bladder and prostate. (wikipedia.org)
- Enlarged prostate, or benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), affects approximately 60 percent of men age 60 or over. (olympusamerica.com)
- If you're experiencing a urologic problem-prostate issues, erectile dysfunction, stones, or cancer-we can help. (stlukeshospital.com)
- With some 30 million men in the United States living with erectile dysfunction (ED), being able to take a pill to get an erection is often a preferred option for many men with this common sexual condition. (chesapeakeurology.com)
- One man, who had been living with ED for 14 years and spent hundreds of dollars a month on his prescription erectile dysfunction medication, found out that there is a sex life after common oral drugs for ED stop working. (chesapeakeurology.com)
- This is the first, large-scale study of over 32,000 men to examine rates of other important complications associated with primary treatment, beyond the well-known ones of incontinence and erectile dysfunction, that can substantially affect a patient's quality of life," said first author Robert Nam, MD, of the Sunnybrook Odette Cancer Center and the University of Toronto. (modernmedicine.com)
- We describe a technique of bladder neck detachment and augmented closure incorporating total prostatectomy and urinary diversion in men with complex bladder and urethral pathology due to fistula , radiation and neurogenic dysfunction. (curehunter.com)
- Han M , Piantadosi S, Zahurak ML, Sokoll LJ, Chan DW, Epstein JI, Walsh PC and Partin AW: Serum acid phosphatase level and biochemical recurrence following radical prostatectomy for men with clinically localized prostate cancer. (jhu.edu)
- Radical prostatectomy can cure prostate cancer in men whose cancer is limited to the prostate. (desertskyurology.com)
- da Vinci Prostatectomy is the #1 choice for treatment of localized prostate cancer in the United States, according to national studies, and is rapidly being chosen by more men, as well as their doctors, worldwide. (berkshirehealthsystems.org)
- da Vinci Prostatectomy is a minimally invasive, robotic-assisted surgical procedure that removes the cancerous prostate gland and related structures. (berkshirehealthsystems.org)
- Building on its growing reputation as a leader in the use of breakthrough technology, UHealth is the first academic medical center in the world to do a procedure-a prostatectomy performed at University of Miami Hospital-using the new da Vinci® Xi™ Surgical System. (umiamihospital.com)
- As robotic prostatectomy has expanded tremendously in the last few years, there is an important interest in the urologic community in improving the outcomes of this procedure, with avoiding complications and diminishing morbidity as its main objectives. (docplayer.net)
- Clinical Utility of a Genomic Classifier in Men Undergoing Radical Prostatectomy: The PRO-IMPACT Trial. (ucdenver.edu)
- Laparoscopy, also known as diagnostic laparoscopy, is a surgical diagnostic procedure used to examine the organs inside the abdomen. (desertskyurology.com)
- We retrospectively reviewed the records of 5 men 38 to 61 years old who presented with unsalvageable urethral pathology, including prostate cancer in 2. (curehunter.com)
- The procedure is used to treat prostate cancer (PROSTATIC NEOPLASMS) and benign prostatic hypertrophy (PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA). (wakehealth.edu)
- The high-definition model of advanced robotic surgical technology for treatment of prostate cancer. (concordhospital.org)
- Are you a man living with prostate cancer? (concordhospital.org)
- The complete guide to coping with prostate cancer, with expert health advice for every man. (google.com)
- This comprehensive handbook gives men the vital information they need to effectively navigate every step of dealing with prostate cancer. (google.com)
- With groundbreaking developments recently emerging in both conventional and holistic prostate cancer research, it is imperative that men fighting this disease have the absolute latest information. (google.com)
- One in six men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in his lifetime, and countless families will be affected by this widespread but ultimately curable disease. (google.com)
- Some studies have found that some men, who had a vasectomy 20 years earlier, have a slightly higher risk of prostate cancer than others who did not have a vasectomy. (urologyconsultant.co.uk)
- Since the 1990s, the prostate specific antigen (PSA) test has been used routinely to screen men for prostate cancer. (emaxhealth.com)
- The researchers noted that after 11 years of follow-up, the European Randomized Study of Screening for Prostate Cancer (ERSPC) reported a 29% reduction in prostate-cancer mortality among men who underwent screening for PSA levels. (emaxhealth.com)
- They found that to prevent one prostate-cancer death, 98 men would need to be screened and five cancers would need to be detected. (emaxhealth.com)
- According to the American Cancer Society (ACS), about one in nine men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in his lifetime. (wesleymc.com)
- The ACS recommends that men visit with their healthcare provider to discuss a possible screening for prostate cancer. (wesleymc.com)
- Urologic patients undergoing operative procedures require thorough pre-operative assessments and planning prior to intervention. (auanet.org)
- Although the urologic practitioner is not primarily responsible for many of the evaluations noted in this document, this white paper is intended to serve as a tool to coordinate care between the operative and supportive pre-operative medical teams. (auanet.org)
- The target audience is urologists, urologic residents, advanced practice providers, and primary care physicians performing pre-operative clearance for urologic patients. (auanet.org)
- A Pre-Operative White Paper Panel comprised of practicing urologists and urologic nurses was assembled. (auanet.org)
- 2. Description of the Prior Art In the past, a various assortment of drapes have been proposed for surgical procedures, which are utilized to cover the body of a patient during the procedure and maintain a sterile barrier around the operative site. (google.com)
- Reconstructive procedure (p=0.03), high difficulty score (p=0.002) and extended operative time (p=0.02) predicted high grade complications. (yonsei.ac.kr)
- Regardless of the nomenclature, this operative procedure is extensive in its loss of structure and function. (oandplibrary.org)
- Fortunately, due to advances in surgical reconstruction, physical and social rehabilitation, prosthetic materials and fitting, and functional aids to the handicapped, the ravages of the operative procedure can be ameliorated. (oandplibrary.org)
- This is generally an in office procedure which takes about 10 -15 minutes of operative time. (uant.com)
- It is a completely elective operative procedure. (uant.com)
- Higher rates from the radiotherapy group included complications such as being admitted to hospital to treat bladder or rectal bleeding, or to undergo major operative procedures such as cystectomy. (modernmedicine.com)
- If you have a urologic problem-incontinence, overactive bladder, pelvic organ prolapse, pelvic pain, or recurrent urinary tract infections-we can help. (stlukeshospital.com)
- Posterior Urethroplasty After Pelvic Fracture (Male) Video added. (urologybook.com)
- Core Dynamics Physical Therapy provides experience and passion in addressing pelvic floor muscle dysfunction in women and men of all ages, pre-natal and postpartum care. (coredynamicspt.com)
Delicate urologic procedures1
- Using the robotic surgical system, the surgeon can perform delicate urologic procedures through a few small incisions, and patients typically benefit from less pain, fewer infections, a shorter hospital stay and faster recovery than with more invasive surgical procedures. (hannahstears.net)
- Assessment of the long-term outcome of TVT procedure for stress urinary incontinence in a female population: results at 17 years' follow-up. (urotoday.com)
- To assess the outcome of the tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) procedure in female patients with urodynamic stress urinary incontinence at 17 years follow-up. (urotoday.com)
- Surgical treatment is often needed to correct these conditions, such as urinary incontinence. (nfrmc.com)
- Our doctors have a special interest in using this treatment for male and urinary incontinence and other related conditions. (baycare.org)
- PURPOSE: We compared the surgical outcomes of robot assisted laparoscopic dismembered pyeloplasty in patients presenting with anterior crossing vessels with and without transposition of the crossing vessel. (biomedsearch.com)
- Oncological and functional outcomes of sexual function-preserving cystectomy compared with standard radical cystectomy in men: A systematic review. (urotoday.com)
- Given the significant morbidity and mortality of the procedure of radical cystectomy, there is potential for improvement in patient outcomes by nutritional intervention. (urotoday.com)
- If a non-standard procedure showed non-inferiority for symptom reduction, additional outcomes were assessed. (nih.gov)
- When it comes to the most successful outcomes, surgical experience matters. (chesapeakeurology.com)
- The purpose of this study is to evaluate the utility of second opinion pathology in patients who are seen in consultation for urologic malignancy. (nih.gov)
- We retrospectively reviewed the records of all patients who were seen at our institution in consultation for urologic malignancy from August 2002 to April 2008. (nih.gov)
- Our results support the review of all pathology by the urologist and pathologist as part of the consultation in patients with urologic malignancy. (nih.gov)
- PATIENTS AND METHODS: Twenty men and five women, with median age of 40 (12 to 60) years were evaluated. (usp.br)
- This includes diagnosis and treatment of urologic conditions in our young patients. (muhealth.org)
- Different sexual function-preserving surgical techniques aimed at improving voiding and sexual function in patients undergoing radical cystectomy for bladder cancer have been described. (urotoday.com)
- stent was first used in patients to relieve bladder outlet obstruction (BOO), and has recently been used in patients following transurethral microwave thermotherapy and men unfit for surgical intervention. (openaire.eu)
- Surgical margins were negative in the 13 patients who underwent partial nephrectomy. (yonsei.ac.kr)
- A drape for performing a plurality of individual Surgi-  Assign: b g di e cal procedures on a patients body. (google.com)
- The drape includes Mass a flexible main sheet having a lower and an upper surface which respectively contact and face away from  Filed: Feb. 24, 1972 the patients body after placement of the drape, and the main sheet has a plurality of fenestrations located  Appl' 229019 in the drape for performing a plurality of separate surgical procedures through the drape. (google.com)
- SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION A principal feature of the present invention is the provision of a drape for performing a plurality of separate surgical procedures on a patients body. (google.com)
- Eligible studies were those that included patients with symptomatic BPH requiring surgical treatment and which compared non-standard procedures (e.g. minimally invasive technologies) with standard ones (e.g. transurethral resection of the prostate, TURP). (nih.gov)
- No proof of superiority for symptom reduction has been shown for non-standard surgical treatments in patients with BPH. (nih.gov)
- We also offer "bloodless" surgical procedures for patients who cannot receive whole blood transfusions based on their personal or religious beliefs. (templehealth.org)
- Mölnlycke Health Care is a world-leading provider of single-use surgical and wound care products for customers, healthcare professionals and patients. (molnlycke.sg)
- Urologic patients admitted to Concord Hospital rely on Jennifer Gaudet-Esenwine to help manage their complex care and ease their transition to care outside the Hospital when they return home. (concordhospital.org)
- University of Miami Hospital's multi-disciplinary care teams include leading specialists using the latest technologies, including minimally-invasive surgical techniques for many procedures, which afford patients quicker recovery times, less pain and bleeding, and shorter hospitalizations. (umiamihospital.com)
- In the UK it is generally accepted that cleaning the area surrounding the urethral meatus with 0.9% sodium chloride solution is sufficient for both male and female patients as there is no reliable evidence to suggest that the use of antiseptic agents reduces the risk of urinary tract infection . (wikipedia.org)
- Catheterization would be performed as a sterile medical procedure by trained, qualified personnel, using equipment designed for this purpose, except in the case of intermittent self-catheterization where patients have been trained to perform the procedure themselves. (wikipedia.org)
- The new trend in hospitals that provide the most up-to-date medical services to their patients is to do surgical procedures using minimally invasive techniques," Dr. Tareq Al-Tartir, a urologic oncologist and head of JHAH's robotics program, told Arab News. (arabnews.com)
- Two patients required conversion to an open procedure, and two developed intraoperative complications. (ox.ac.uk)
- Consider using external catheters as an alternative to indwelling urethral catheters in cooperative male patients without urinary retention or bladder outlet obstruction. (cdc.gov)
- To learn the clinical management of urologic patients and to perform level-appropriate urologic procedures. (medstarhealth.org)
- The first year resident learns basic management of urologic patients across all urologic disciplines. (medstarhealth.org)
- To learn the clinical management of urologic patients. (medstarhealth.org)
- Dr. Okubadejo believes in the power of preventive care, minimally invasive surgical procedures, open communication with patients, and personalized care. (instituteroboticsurgery.com)
- Patients treated with radiotherapy had fewer minimally invasive urologic procedures, but had higher incidence of complications in all other categories of hospital admissions, rectal or anal procedures, open surgical procedures, and secondary cancers. (modernmedicine.com)
- ECMs have been used in a variety of difficult urologic reconstruction problems, and this review is intended to summarize this complex literature for the practicing urologist. (bvsalud.org)
- Full review of potential clinical uses of resorbable extra-cellular matrices in urologic reconstruction. (bvsalud.org)
- Currently, the "state of the art" in tissue engineering solutions for urologic reconstruction means resorbable acellular xenograft matrices. (bvsalud.org)
- Neobladder surgical reconstruction uses a segment of the patient's intestine to restore the anatomy," he explains. (emersonhospital.org)
- There is also early exposure to robotics, urodynamics, reconstruction, and minor open surgical procedures. (medstarhealth.org)
- The resident has a unique opportunity to partake in an intensive endourology experience as well as gain exposure to robotics, urodynamics, reconstruction, and open surgical procedures. (medstarhealth.org)
- Urologic reconstruction is a surgical procedure that is done in order to restore the urinary tract to a functional state after it has been injured. (medstargeorgetown.org)
System for Urologic1
- Dr. Jonah Marshall has been extensively trained in the use of the da Vinci Robotic-Assisted Surgical System for Urologic surgical procedures involving the prostate and kidneys. (berkshirehealthsystems.org)
- Board certified urologist , Ken Ferguson, M.D., treats both male and female urologic issues and performs many advanced, minimally-invasive surgical procedures. (daviswiki.org)
- A vasectomy is less invasive than a tubal ligation (i.e., the procedure used to prevent a woman's eggs from reaching the uterus) and more easily reversed. (healthcommunities.com)
- It's a low-risk, minimally invasive procedure that requires only small incisions. (desertskyurology.com)
- Although it's the most invasive procedure to treat an enlarged prostate, serious complications are rare. (desertskyurology.com)
- A pilot study to assess the safety and usefulness of combined transurethral endoscopic mucosal resection and en-bloc resection for non-muscle invasive bladder cancer. (urotoday.com)
- Tubal ligation is more invasive, is performed under general anesthesia, can result in greater discomfort and has potentially higher risks than a vasectomy procedure. (cburology.com)
- If it is abnormal and an invasive procedure is recommended, it would be prudent to obtain a second opinion. (emaxhealth.com)
- In the past ten years, the field of endourology has expanded beyond the urinary tract to include all urologic minimally invasive surgical procedures. (elsevier.com)
- Board certified and expertly trained, our expert urologists are experienced in offering the latest technology in treating urologic conditions including the most minimally invasive surgical procedures . (sttammanyurology.com)
- This allows for minimally invasive procedures, offering fewer complications and a faster recovery. (nfrmc.com)
- Our surgeons use minimally invasive techniques that offer superior precision and help retain function, which is essential when dealing with the male sex organs. (nfrmc.com)
- Plasma vaporization therapy with the Plasma-OvalButton is a minimally invasive surgical procedure performed in saline, which has demonstrated reduced risk of TUR syndrome when compared to more traditional monopolar procedures, and is recommended by the National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellence . (olympusamerica.com)
- Cystoscopy is a procedure in which a Cystoscope is used to see inside your urinary bladder and urethra. (medsolution.com)
- Approximately 150,000 men have transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) procedures each year in the U.S. During the procedure, the surgeon uses an endoscopic image to guide the electrode through the urethra to the prostate to safely and efficiently remove prostatic tissue to allow the patient to return to normal urinary function. (olympusamerica.com)
- The procedure can be complicated in females due to varying layouts of the genitalia (due to age, obesity , female genital cutting , childbirth , or other factors), but a good clinician would rely on anatomical landmarks and patience when dealing with such a patient. (wikipedia.org)
- The partial unresponsiveness of the cell to the presence of androgenic hormones impairs the masculinization of male genitalia in the developing fetus, as well as the development of male secondary sexual characteristics at puberty, but does not significantly impair female genital or sexual development. (wikipedia.org)
- At birth, it may not be possible to immediately differentiate the external genitalia of individuals with PAIS as being either male or female, although the majority of individuals with PAIS are raised male. (wikipedia.org)
- A drape for performing a plurality of individual surgical procedures on a patient's body. (google.com)
- The drape includes a flexible main sheet having a lower and an upper surface which respectively contact and face away from the patient's body after placement of the drape, and the main sheet has a plurality of fenestrations located in the drape for performing a plurality of separate surgical procedures through the drape. (google.com)
- The surgeons use this 3D technology to precisely track their movement of surgical instruments in relation to a patient's anatomy. (nfrmc.com)
- A vasectomy does not change the patient's male hormone levels or desire for sex. (uant.com)
- The procedure typically takes from 15-30 minutes and usually causes few complications and no change in sexual function . (healthcommunities.com)
- Yes, as with any surgical procedure, there could be complications and you should ask your doctor to go over these carefully with you. (urologyconsultant.co.uk)
- However, any type of vasectomy ranks among the safest procedures and the majority of complications, if any, are usually minor and easily treated. (urologyconsultant.co.uk)
- Objective: To provide an overview of the prevention and reduction of complications in RALP to aid the understanding of the multivariable nature of a surgical procedure incorporating highly developed technology. (docplayer.net)
- Perfect standardisation of the procedure and the communication of the procedure s results are mandatory to lowering the incidence of complications and to facilitating its diffusion to the urologic community. (docplayer.net)
- While generally a safe procedure, clot evacuation can have serious complications. (pubfacts.com)
- Dr. Nam and colleagues used five outcome measures or procedures specifically needed to address complications due to treatment: hospital admission rates, urologic procedures rates, rectal or anal procedures rates, open surgical procedure rates, and development of new, second cancers. (modernmedicine.com)
- In all, 43 mainly low-quality trials (RCTs only) compared nine non-standard surgical treatments with standard ones. (nih.gov)
- You can feel confident that our physicians are leaders in their specialty fields and have extensive experience in the latest procedures, treatments, and surgical techniques. (virginiahospitalcenter.com)
- Our team treats the male and female urinary systems as well as the male reproductive system. (muhealth.org)
- To understand a vasectomy, it is helpful to understand the male reproductive system and how it functions. (healthcommunities.com)
- Temple's urologists diagnose and treat medical conditions that affect the urinary tract in men and women, as well as conditions of the male reproductive system. (templehealth.org)
- Organs that are involved in the male reproductive system include testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. (billingsclinic.com)
- Urologic conditions are those that affect the urinary tract and male reproductive system. (nfrmc.com)
- Urologists treat males and females but specialize in the male reproductive system. (wesleymc.com)
- A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females. (vitals.com)
- The da Vinci system enables them to perform complex and delicate procedures through small incisions with exceptional precision. (concordhospital.org)
- The advanced technologies in The Robotics Center allow our surgeons to take control of a state-of-the-art platform to perform procedures using small incisions. (nfrmc.com)
- BACKGROUND: Laparoscopic dismembered pyeloplasty has become the "gold-standard" procedure for pelviureteric junction (PUJ) obstruction but consists of a steep learning curve especially via the retroperitoneal route. (ox.ac.uk)
- All procedures were carried out by one surgeon through a transperitoneal approach. (lenus.ie)
- Dr. Africa Wallace, a board certified thoracic surgeon, has joined Capital Health Surgical Group and is now part of the nationally accredited Capital Health Cancer Center, located at Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell. (capitalhealth.org)
- The operating surgeon remains in control of the robotic surgical console during the entire procedure. (nfrmc.com)
- What does the procedure for Cystoscopy / Ureteroscopy involve? (medsolution.com)
- Taking a biopsy (a small tissue sample for examination under a microscope) will also make the Cystoscopy / Ureteroscopy procedure last longer. (medsolution.com)
- What to expect after Cystoscopy / Ureteroscopy procedure? (medsolution.com)
- The PGY-2 works alongside the chief at the VA. The resident runs weekly cystoscopy and prostate biopsy clinics and becomes skilled in performing these procedures. (medstarhealth.org)
- Transurethral resection (TUR) of the bladder is a surgical procedure that is used both to diagnose bladder cancer and to remove cancerous tissue from the bladder. (desertskyurology.com)
- Bladder cancer is the fifth most commonly diagnosed cancer in the US and is the fourth most common cancer found in men. (capitalhealth.org)
- About 10-20 percent of men with Peyronie's disease will also develop connective tissue conditions that affect the hands and feet. (spokesman-recorder.com)
- St. Luke's urologists are highly skilled in performing the latest leading edge surgical procedures and know how to treat the full spectrum of urologic conditions. (stlukeshospital.com)
- Urologists at Billings Clinic specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of both male and female urinary tract conditions as well as diagnosis and treatment of male reproductive problems. (billingsclinic.com)
- Urologyconsolidates the administration of restorative and it is nonsurgical conditions, such as urinary tract contaminations and benevolent prostatic hyperplasia , with the administration of surgical conditions. (healthconferences.org)
- Our board-certified pediatric urologists and board-certified pediatric nephrologists at Wesley Children's Hospital will work with you and your child from diagnosis through treatment and recovery to make sure you have the support necessary to help return your child to a life free of any urologic conditions. (wesleymc.com)
- Our pediatric specialists are dedicated to treating infants, children and young adults with urologic conditions that may require surgical or non-surgical treatment. (wesleymc.com)
- Our urologists manage both complex and routine urologic conditions. (baycare.org)
- PURPOSE: To compare the outcome of corporeal plication using absorbable versus nonabsorbable sutures for the treatment of congenital penile curvature.MATERIALS AND METHODS: Thirty-eight men older than 15 years old with congenital penile curvature were enrolled in the study. (oalib.com)
Medical and surgical1
- This course will feature sessions on gender-sensitive cultural awareness, behavioral health care, primary care, and medical and surgical gender-affirming interventions. (uclahealth.org)
- Peyronie's disease can occur at any time, but it most commonly appears in middle-aged men and is more common in older men. (spokesman-recorder.com)
- Our surgeons use robot-assisted technology to perform general, gynecologic and urologic procedures. (nfrmc.com)
- Literature pertaining to surgical disclosure to the pediatric patient is lacking. (bvsalud.org)
- No matter your urologic health needs, you'll get care from surgical experts focused on complete treatment and swift recovery. (pellahealth.org)
- Based on limited data, the Spanner stent has been recommended as a treatment option for men with BOO following TUMT. (openaire.eu)
- The management includes medical treatment as well as surgical procedures. (brookdalehospital.org)
- You don't need to travel far from home for treatment of your urologic condition. (centura.org)
- Most men who have the procedure generally don't need any follow-up treatment for their BPH. (desertskyurology.com)
- Re: Is Preoperative Assessment and Treatment of Asymptomatic Bacteriuria Necessary for Reducing the Risk of Postoperative Symptomatic Urinary Tract Infection After Urologic Surgical Procedures? (amedeo.com)
- I explained to him a number of other very good treatment options were fortunately available, including the penile prosthesis, that have proven highly successful for men in his same situation," says Dr. David Fenig , one of Howard and Montgomery Counties' leading urologists and men's sexual health specialists. (chesapeakeurology.com)
- Dr. Fenig explains that for the right candidates, oral ED medications are often a first line treatment for ED and many men go on to enjoy healthy sexual lives on the medications. (chesapeakeurology.com)
- He has certain knowledge in microscopic and laser surgical procedures which is committed to delivering point out-of-the-artwork treatment in a compassionate vogue. (acidblog.net)