Urology: A surgical specialty concerned with the study, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases of the urinary tract in both sexes, and the genital tract in the male. Common urological problems include urinary obstruction, URINARY INCONTINENCE, infections, and UROGENITAL NEOPLASMS.Urology Department, Hospital: Hospital department responsible for the administration and provision of diagnostic and therapeutic services for the urologic patient.Urologic Surgical Procedures: Surgery performed on the urinary tract or its parts in the male or female. For surgery of the male genitalia, UROLOGIC SURGICAL PROCEDURES, MALE is available.Urinary Bladder: A musculomembranous sac along the URINARY TRACT. URINE flows from the KIDNEYS into the bladder via the ureters (URETER), and is held there until URINATION.Urinary Tract Infections: Inflammatory responses of the epithelium of the URINARY TRACT to microbial invasions. They are often bacterial infections with associated BACTERIURIA and PYURIA.Urinary Tract: The duct which coveys URINE from the pelvis of the KIDNEY through the URETERS, BLADDER, and URETHRA.Urinary Retention: Inability to empty the URINARY BLADDER with voiding (URINATION).Urologic Diseases: Pathological processes of the URINARY TRACT in both males and females.Urinary Incontinence: Involuntary loss of URINE, such as leaking of urine. It is a symptom of various underlying pathological processes. Major types of incontinence include URINARY URGE INCONTINENCE and URINARY STRESS INCONTINENCE.Urinary Catheterization: Passage of a CATHETER into the URINARY BLADDER or kidney.Urinary Calculi: Low-density crystals or stones in any part of the URINARY TRACT. Their chemical compositions often include CALCIUM OXALATE, magnesium ammonium phosphate (struvite), CYSTINE, or URIC ACID.Cystoscopy: Endoscopic examination, therapy or surgery of the urinary bladder.Urinary Bladder Diseases: Pathological processes of the URINARY BLADDER.Reference Books, Medical: Books in the field of medicine intended primarily for consultation.Urinary Bladder Calculi: Stones in the URINARY BLADDER; also known as vesical calculi, bladder stones, or cystoliths.Urinary Bladder Neoplasms: Tumors or cancer of the URINARY BLADDER.Patient Escort Service: A special service provided by volunteers to accompany patients who need help in moving about the health facility.Urologic Surgical Procedures, Male: Surgery performed on the male genitalia.Learning Curve: The course of learning of an individual or a group. It is a measure of performance plotted over time.Urogenital Neoplasms: Tumors or cancer of the UROGENITAL SYSTEM in either the male or the female.Urination Disorders: Abnormalities in the process of URINE voiding, including bladder control, frequency of URINATION, as well as the volume and composition of URINE.Urodynamics: The mechanical laws of fluid dynamics as they apply to urine transport.Urinary Incontinence, Stress: Involuntary discharge of URINE as a result of physical activities that increase abdominal pressure on the URINARY BLADDER without detrusor contraction or overdistended bladder. The subtypes are classified by the degree of leakage, descent and opening of the bladder neck and URETHRA without bladder contraction, and sphincter deficiency.Prostatic Hyperplasia: Increase in constituent cells in the PROSTATE, leading to enlargement of the organ (hypertrophy) and adverse impact on the lower urinary tract function. This can be caused by increased rate of cell proliferation, reduced rate of cell death, or both.Ureteroscopy: Endoscopic examination, therapy or surgery of the ureter.Hydronephrosis: Abnormal enlargement or swelling of a KIDNEY due to dilation of the KIDNEY CALICES and the KIDNEY PELVIS. It is often associated with obstruction of the URETER or chronic kidney diseases that prevents normal drainage of urine into the URINARY BLADDER.Urine: Liquid by-product of excretion produced in the kidneys, temporarily stored in the bladder until discharge through the URETHRA.Urologic Neoplasms: Tumors or cancer of the URINARY TRACT in either the male or the female.Robotics: The application of electronic, computerized control systems to mechanical devices designed to perform human functions. Formerly restricted to industry, but nowadays applied to artificial organs controlled by bionic (bioelectronic) devices, like automated insulin pumps and other prostheses.Urinary Diversion: Temporary or permanent diversion of the flow of urine through the ureter away from the URINARY BLADDER in the presence of a bladder disease or after cystectomy. There is a variety of techniques: direct anastomosis of ureter and bowel, cutaneous ureterostomy, ileal, jejunal or colon conduit, ureterosigmoidostomy, etc. (From Campbell's Urology, 6th ed, p2654)Hematuria: Presence of blood in the urine.Urethra: A tube that transports URINE from the URINARY BLADDER to the outside of the body in both the sexes. It also has a reproductive function in the male by providing a passage for SPERM.Nephrology: A subspecialty of internal medicine concerned with the anatomy, physiology, and pathology of the kidney.Dysuria: Painful URINATION. It is often associated with infections of the lower URINARY TRACT.Education, Medical, Graduate: Educational programs for medical graduates entering a specialty. They include formal specialty training as well as academic work in the clinical and basic medical sciences, and may lead to board certification or an advanced medical degree.Phimosis: A condition in which the FORESKIN cannot be retracted to reveal the GLANS PENIS. It is due to tightness or narrowing of the foreskin opening.Ureter: One of a pair of thick-walled tubes that transports urine from the KIDNEY PELVIS to the URINARY BLADDER.Ureteral Obstruction: Blockage in any part of the URETER causing obstruction of urine flow from the kidney to the URINARY BLADDER. The obstruction may be congenital, acquired, unilateral, bilateral, complete, partial, acute, or chronic. Depending on the degree and duration of the obstruction, clinical features vary greatly such as HYDRONEPHROSIS and obstructive nephropathy.Personnel Selection: The process of choosing employees for specific types of employment. The concept includes recruitment.Transurethral Resection of Prostate: Removal of all or part of the PROSTATE, often using a cystoscope and/or resectoscope passed through the URETHRA.Laparoscopy: A procedure in which a laparoscope (LAPAROSCOPES) is inserted through a small incision near the navel to examine the abdominal and pelvic organs in the PERITONEAL CAVITY. If appropriate, biopsy or surgery can be performed during laparoscopy.Financial Audit: An examination, review and verification of all financial accounts.Ureteral Calculi: Stones in the URETER that are formed in the KIDNEY. They are rarely more than 5 mm in diameter for larger renal stones cannot enter ureters. They are often lodged at the ureteral narrowing and can cause excruciating renal colic.History, Medieval: The period of history from the year 500 through 1450 of the common era.Internship and Residency: Programs of training in medicine and medical specialties offered by hospitals for graduates of medicine to meet the requirements established by accrediting authorities.Urethral Stricture: Narrowing of any part of the URETHRA. It is characterized by decreased urinary stream and often other obstructive voiding symptoms.Fellowships and Scholarships: Stipends or grants-in-aid granted by foundations or institutions to individuals for study.Journal Impact Factor: A quantitative measure of the frequency on average with which articles in a journal have been cited in a given period of time.Prostatic Neoplasms: Tumors or cancer of the PROSTATE.Acetylcholinesterase: An enzyme that catalyzes the hydrolysis of ACETYLCHOLINE to CHOLINE and acetate. In the CNS, this enzyme plays a role in the function of peripheral neuromuscular junctions. EC 188.8.131.52.Kidney Calculi: Stones in the KIDNEY, usually formed in the urine-collecting area of the kidney (KIDNEY PELVIS). Their sizes vary and most contains CALCIUM OXALATE.Calcium Oxalate: The calcium salt of oxalic acid, occurring in the urine as crystals and in certain calculi.Nephrolithiasis: Formation of stones in the KIDNEY.Urolithiasis: Formation of stones in any part of the URINARY TRACT, usually in the KIDNEY; URINARY BLADDER; or the URETER.Bariatric Surgery: Surgical procedures aimed at affecting metabolism and producing major WEIGHT REDUCTION in patients with MORBID OBESITY.
Urology. 78 (6): 1442.e9-15. doi:10.1016/j.urology.2011.08.039. PMID 22001099. "Urinary catheters". MedlinePlus, the National ... The Journal of Urology. 188 (6 Suppl): 2455-63. doi:10.1016/j.juro.2012.09.079. PMID 23098785. "Urinary Bladder, Overactive". ... "Lower urinary tract symptomatology: Its definition and confusion". International Journal of Urology. 15 (1): 35-43. doi:10.1111 ... European Urology. 57: 488-498. doi:10.1016/j.eururo.2009.03.080. Campbell-Walsh Urology, Tenth Edition, Chapter 66, Page 1948 ...
Urinary acidity is typically ensured by co-administering vitamin C (ascorbic acid) or ammonium chloride. Its use had ... ITS ANTISEPTIC POWER AGAINST VARIOUS BACTERIA IN URINE". British Journal of Urology. 7 (1): 9-32. doi:10.1111/j.1464-410X.1935. ... However, it was only used in cases of acidic urine, whereas boric acid was used to treat urinary tract infections with alkaline ... As the mandelic acid salt (generic methenamine mandelate, USP) it is used for the treatment of urinary tract infection. It ...
Bladder cancer in cats and dogs
Acierno, Mark J. (2016). "Chapter 12 Nephrology/urology. Tumours of the lower urinary tract". In Schaer, Michael; Gaschen, F. ... This can look very similar to an infection of the urinary system. Diagnostic tests typically include complete blood tests, ... Less often, cancer of the urinary bladder is squamous cell carcinoma, adenocarcinoma, or rhabdomyosarcoma. The most frequent ...
2005, 2004). "Urinary Incontinence: Causes and Diagnostic Work-Up". Urology-Textbook.com. Retrieved June 3, 2011. Check date ... If it's a daily issue, you may have to make that decision." Urinary incontinence Glahn, B. E. (1979). "Giggle Incontinence ( ... Berry, Amanda K.; Zderic, Stephen; Carr, Michael (2009). "Methylphenidate for Giggle Incontinence". The Journal of Urology. 182 ... The Journal of Urology. 168 (5): 2184-7; discussion 2187. doi:10.1097/01.ju.0000034703.53145.c3. PMID 12394756. Abrams, Paul ( ...
Cystic kidney disease
MD Urology & Philately, A Philatelic Ramble through Urology.. ... Lessons on urinary surgery. Traité pratique de cystoscopie et ... American journal of urology and sexology, Volume 11 by Henry G. Spooner IDREF.fr (bibliography) Surgery, gynecology & ... Treatise of urology. Académie Nationale de Medecine Contemporary figures: from the album Mariani .... by Angelo Mariani, Joseph ... Scandinavian Journal of Urology and Nephrology. 36 (4): 278-80. doi:10.1080/003655902320248245. PMID 12201920. ...
Sacral nerve stimulation
1999). "Sacral Nerve Stimulation For Treatment Of Refractor Urinary Urge Incontinence". The Journal of Urology. 162 (2): 352- ... as a sacral nerve stimulator for treatment of urinary incontinence, high urinary frequency and urinary retention. Sacral nerve ... "Sacral Neuromodulation in Urology". Journal of Urology. 1: 5. CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link) "Sacral Nerve ... There are currently no studies into the efficacy of this on an overactive bladder and other associated symptoms of urinary ...
Renal tubular acidosis
Its cardinal feature is hyperkalemia, and measured urinary acidification is normal, hence it is often called hyperkalemic RTA ... Buckalew VM Jr (1989). "Nephrolithiasis in renal tubular acidosis". The Journal of Urology. 141 (3 (part 2)): 731-737. PMID ... A defect in bicarbonate reabsorption with normal urinary acidification". Pediatr. Res. 1 (2): 81-98. doi:10.1203/00006450- ... Normal anion gap metabolic acidosis/acidemia Hypokalemia, Hypocalcemia, Hyperchloremia Urinary stone formation (related to ...
... : An Effective Technique for Urinary Bladder Foreign Body. Urology journal. 2014 Apr 1;10(4):1140-1.. ... The procedure involves insertion of a 5mm optical port into the dome of a saline-distended urinary bladder under cystoscopy ... bladder diverticula and foreign bodies in the urinary bladder. Rai R, Jacobsen AS. Recent advances in minimal invasive surgery ...
Double dye test
Obstetric fistula Rectovaginal fistula Colposcopy Urinary incontinence Cardozo, Linda; David Staskin (2006). Textbook of female ... urology and urogynecology, Volume 2. United Kingdom: Informa Healthcare. ISBN 978-1-84184-358-2. Macaluso, J. N.; R. A. Appell ... and indigo carmine or methylene blue is filled into the empty urinary bladder via a urethral catheter. Pyridium turns urine ...
"Functional reconstruction of the urinary tract and gynaeco-urology". BJU International. 95: 1371. 12 May 2005. doi:10.1111/j. ... "Legends in Urology: Richard Turner-Warwick, CBE" (PDF). Canjurol.com. Retrieved 9 April 2016. "RICHARD TREVOR TURNER-WARWICK - ... "ICS News: Richard Turner Warwick honoured at reconstructive urology meeting". Ics.org. 16 January 2015. Retrieved 9 April 2016 ... "Functional Reconstruction of the Female Urinary Tract". Rturnerwarwick.com. Retrieved 9 April 2016. "Richard Turner-Warwick ...
Other frequently described symptoms are urinary hesitancy (needing to wait for the urinary stream to begin, often caused by ... Urology. 71 (6): 1080-4. doi:10.1016/j.urology.2008.01.018. PMID 18372023. Verghese, Tina S.; Riordain, Richael Ni; Champaneria ... urinary chemicals can "leak" into surrounding tissues, causing pain, inflammation, and urinary symptoms. Oral medications like ... Urology. 80 (2): 280-285. doi:10.1016/j.urology.2011.12.053. PMC 3411912 . PMID 22658505. "American Urological Association ...
This lining is important in preventing urinary toxins from irritating the underlying cell layers. Evidence for this mechanism ... Urology. 50 (1): 39-43. doi:10.1016/S0090-4295(97)00110-6. PMID 9218016. Parsons CL (1994). "The therapeutic role of sulfated ... is a condition where patients struggle with symptoms of urinary frequency, urgency, pressure and/or pain, as well as nocturia ( ... polysaccharides in the urinary bladder". Urol Clin North Am. 21 (1): 93-100. PMID 7904388. Kalota SJ, Stein PC, Parsons CL ( ...
Kambal, A (1981). "The Relation of Urinary Bilharziasis to Vesical Stones in Children". British Journal of Urology. 53 (4): 315 ... Ibrahim, A (1978). "The relationship between urinary bilharziasis and urolithiasis in the Sudan". British Journal of Urology. ... They are typically light brown with dark patches and are usually formed in the urinary bladder and rarely in the upper urinary ... The use of urinary catheters may cause a bladder stone. Individuals who are paralyzed or are unable to adequately pass urine ...
Clinical outcomes of nonoperative management in emphysematous urinary tract infections. Urology 79: 1281-1285, 2012. ... Obstruction of the urinary tract as well as urinary stasis, often brought on by paralysis of the urinary tract, are also major ... In some cases of emphysematous cystitis, patients do not even claim to have any urinary symptoms (Mokabberi). Urinary symptoms ... "Emphysematous Urinary Tract Infections: Diagnosis, Treatment and Survival (Case Review Series)." The American Journal of the ...
"Optimizing radical prostatectomy for the early recover of urinary continence". Nature Reviews Urology. 9 (4): 189-95. doi: ... Tewari completed his urology residency at the Vattikuti Urology Institute (VUI) of the Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, Michigan ... British Journal of Urology, Contemporary Urology, Medscape, Post Graduate Medicine, and Oncology Operational. He is the ... In addition to directing serving as Chairman of Urology at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Tewari is a member of ...
The Journal of Urology. 184 (2): 616-22. doi:10.1016/j.juro.2010.03.147. PMID 20639026. Payton, S (August 2010). "Urinary ... It was assessed in clinical trials for the treatment of urinary incontinence and overactive bladder, but while it was superior ... Incontinence: Neurokinin Receptor Antagonist Inferior to Tolterodine for OAB". Nature Reviews Urology. 7 (8): 418. doi:10.1038/ ...
... and reduction of the risk of urinary tract infection by inhibiting the adhesion of certain bacteria in the urinary tract ... Journal of Urology. doi:10.1016/j.juro.2017.03.078. PMID 28288837. Liska, D. J.; Kern, H. J.; Maki, K. C. (2016). "Cranberries ... "Cranberries for preventing urinary tract infections". Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 10: CD001321. doi:10.1002/ ... McHarg T, Rodgers A, Charlton K (November 2003). "Influence of cranberry juice on the urinary risk factors for calcium oxalate ...
... problems emptying the bladder completely recurrent urinary tract infections Urodynamic tests are usually performed in Urology, ... Truzzi JC, Almeida FM, Nunes EC, Sadi MV (July 2008). "Residual urinary volume and urinary tract infection--when are they ... Urology - Health Topics/Urodynamic Testing". de Jong, Y; Pinckaers, JH; Ten Brinck, RM; Lycklama À Nijeholt, AA; Dekkers, OM ( ... Symptoms reported by the patient are often an unreliable guide to the underlying dysfunction of the lower urinary tract. The ...
June 1985). "Pathogenic significance of P-fimbriated Escherichia coli in urinary tract infections". The Journal of Urology. 133 ... He first became interested in the role of atypical bacterial forms after noting that a large number of patients with urinary ... Using a direct phase microscope, he examined the urine specimens of several patients with urinary tract infections and found ... Domingue GJ, Schlegel JU (December 1970). "The possible role of microbial L-forms in pyelonephritis". The Journal of Urology. ...
Urology. Société Internationale d'Urologie. 84 (4): 748-750. doi:10.1016/j.urology.2014.06.035. PMID 25260440. Arezou ... urinary symptoms in men attributed to common prostate conditions. Lesions may also be detected incidentally on radiological ... Travis W. Dum; Da Zhang; Eugene K. Lee (2015). "IgG4-Related Disease in a Urachal Tumor". Case Reports in Urology. 2014 (2015 ... The Japanese Journal of Urology) (in Japanese). 104 (4): 620-625. doi:10.5980/jpnjurol.104.620. PMID 23971373. Bobby B Najari; ...
In "Stenting the Urinary System" 2E: Yachia, 2004, ISBN 1-84184-387-3 Martin Dunitz Minimally Invasive Ureteric Stent ... H. B. Joshi (Specialist Registrar in Urology, Cambridge. Formerly Research Registrar at Bristol Urological Institute), N. Newns ... External urinary diversion: pathologic circumstances and available technology. Macaluso JN Jr. J Endourol. 1993 Apr;7(2):131-6 ...
Ureteric balloon catheter
External urinary diversion: pathologic circumstances and available technology. Macaluso JN Jr. J Endourol. 1993 Apr;7(2):131-6 ... H. B. Joshi (Specialist Registrar in Urology, Cambridge. Formerly Research Registrar at Bristol Urological Institute), N. Newns ... Up to 10% of patients who undergo ileal conduit urinary diversion may go on to develop ureteroileal anastomotic stenosis. This ...
"Neurophysiology of Stress Urinary Incontinence". Reviews in Urology. 6(Suppl 3): S19-S28. PMC 1472861. PMID 16985861 ... In anatomy, the urethra (from Greek οὐρήθρα - ourḗthrā) is a tube that connects the urinary bladder to the urinary meatus for ... Urine cytology evaluates this urinary sediment for the presence of cancerous cells from the lining of the urinary tract, and it ... Stein DM, Santucci RA (July 2015). "An update on urotrauma". Current Opinion in Urology. 25 (4): 323-30. doi:10.1097/MOU. ...
Sentinel lymph node
"Detection of Immune Responses Against Urinary Bladder Cancer in Sentinel Lymph Nodes". European Urology. 49 (1): 59-70. doi: ... Other cancers which have been investigated with this technique are penile cancer, urinary bladder cancer, prostate cancer, ... European Urology. 50 (1): 83-91. doi:10.1016/j.eururo.2006.03.002. PMID 16632191. Leijte, Joost A.P.; Olmos, Renato A. Valdés; ... The Journal of Urology. 168 (4): 1390-5. doi:10.1016/S0022-5347(05)64456-4. PMID 12352400. Brouwer, O. R.; Valdes Olmos, R. A ...
Diabetes mellitus type 1
"Increased Risk of Urinary Tract Calculi Among Patients With Diabetes Mellitus-A Population-Based Cohort Study". Urology. 79 (1 ... doi:10.1016/j.urology.2011.07.1431. PMID 22119251. Retrieved 28 November 2014. James, R; Hijaz, A (October 2014). "Lower ... urinary tract symptoms in women with diabetes mellitus: a current review". Current Urology Reports. 15 (10): 440. doi:10.1007/ ... People with diabetes show an increased rate of urinary tract infection. The reason is bladder dysfunction that is more common ...
2008). "Critical Evaluation of Urinary Markers for Bladder Cancer Detection and Monitoring". Reviews in Urology. 10 (2): 120- ... "Cancer of the Urinary Bladder - Cancer Stat Facts". seer.cancer.gov. Archived from the original on 8 July 2017. Retrieved 18 ... Bladder cancer is any of several types of cancer arising from the tissues of the urinary bladder. It is a disease in which ... "European Association of Urology (EAU)-Guidelines-Online Guidelines". Uroweb.org. Archived from the original on 28 January 2013 ...
Senarai reka cipta pada zaman pertengahan Islam Bahasa Melayu, ensiklopedia bebas
David E. Neal (6 December 2012). Tumours in Urology. Springer Science & Business Media. pp. 233-. ISBN 978-1-4471-2086-5.. ... a condition in which the prostate becomes enlarged and this results in urinary obstruction and discomfort. They are ... Dutch South-Eastern Urological Cooperative Group". Urology. 33 (5): 411-5. doi:10.1016/0090-4295(89)90037-X. PMID 2652864.. ... Wein AJ, Kavoussi LR, Novick AC, Partin AW, Peters CA (25 August 2011). Campbell-Walsh Urology: Expert Consult Premium Edition ...
"Therapeutic Advances in Urology. 2 (2): 69-75. doi:10.1177/1756287210370330. PMC 3126071. PMID 21789084.. ... Nikibakhsh, Ahmad (Sep 2011). "16". Clinical Management of Complicated Urinary Tract Infection. doi:10.5772/24859. ISBN 978-953 ... British Journal of Urology, Reconstructive Urology, Volume 100 Issue 4, Sep 2007) ... Muench, Peter J. (2013). "Infections Versus Penile Implants: The War on Bugs". Journal of Urology. 189 (5): 1631-1673. doi: ...
"Urology. Elsevier BV. 135: 124-132. doi:10.1016/j.urology.2019.10.003. ISSN 0090-4295.. ... Some studies found phimosis to be a risk factor for urinary retention and carcinoma of the penis. ... Minagawa T, Murata Y (June 2008). "[A case of urinary retention caused by true phimosis]". Hinyokika Kiyo (in Japanese). 54 (6 ... However, ballooning does not indicate urinary obstruction. In women, a comparable condition is known as "clitoral phimosis ...
International Urology and Nephrology. 6 (2): 61-74. doi:10.1007/bf02081999. PMID 4615073.. ... it is also effective in the treatment of urinary tract inflammatory disease in man. For a time, bovine liver SOD even had ... new anti-inflammatory metalloprotein drug evaluation of clinical efficacy and safety in inflammatory conditions of the urinary ...
Urinary tract infection
Kursh, edited by Elroy D.; Ulchaker, James C. (2000). Office urology. Totowa, N.J.: Humana Press. p. 131. ISBN 978-0-89603-789- ... A urinary tract infection (UTI) is an infection that affects part of the urinary tract. When it affects the lower urinary ... Urinary catheters. Urinary catheterization increases the risk for urinary tract infections. The risk of bacteriuria (bacteria ... A urinary tract infection may involve only the lower urinary tract, in which case it is known as a bladder infection. ...
Urology. 4 (10th ed.). Saunders Elsevier. p. 3121.. *^ Islam MA, Yun CH, Choi YJ, Cho CS (2010). "Microencapsulation of live ... Urinary tract. No good evidence indicates probiotics are of benefit in the management of infection or inflammation of the ... urinary tract. General research. Formulations. Supplements such as tablets, capsules, powders, and sachets ...
سرطان پروستات - ویکیپدیا، دانشنامهٔ آزاد
doi:10.1016/j.urology.2007.11.165. PMID 18372031.. *^ Cooperberg MR, Broering JM, Carroll PR (June 2009). "Risk Assessment for ... Changes within the gland, therefore, directly affect urinary function. Because the vas deferens deposits seminal fluid into the ... "European Urology. 63 (5): 810-20. doi:10.1016/j.eururo.2012.11.012. PMC 3597758 . PMID 23219353.. ... "Nature Reviews Urology. 9 (10): 595-602. doi:10.1038/nrurol.2012.157. PMID 22890299.. ...
Lower urinary tract infections.. As per diclofenac. Salsalate. Degrades upon contact with air; salicylate derivative.. As per ... "Drugs Used In The Treatment Of Interstitial Cystitis". Drug Treatment in Urology. John Wiley & Sons, 2008. p. 65.. ... Extensively metabolised by the liver; half-life = 8 hours; excretion = urinary and biliary.. Short-term relief from pain.. As ... Neuropathic pain; nocturnal enuresis; major depression; migraine prophylaxis; urinary urge incontinence.. Sedation, ...
Danat Al Emarat Women & Children's Hospital
Pediatric Surgery Specialties: Neonatal Surgery, General Pediatric Surgery, Pediatric Thoracic Surgery, Pediatric Urology, ... Urinary Incontinence, Hydronephrosis, Vesico-Ureteric Reflux, Appendicitis, Intussusception, Anorectal Malformations, ... Gyne-urology Clinic, Labor and Delivery, Maternity, Obstetrics and Reproductive Medicine. Women's Medical Services: Allergy & ... Pediatric urology, Pediatric Pulmonology, Pediatric Endocrinology and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. ...
위키백과:모든 언어의 위키백과마다 꼭 있어야 하는 문서 목록/확장판/생물학 및 의과학 - 위키백과, 우리 모두의 백과사전
Tatamba - Wikipédia
Hanno PM, Wein AJ, Malkowicz SB (2001). Clinical manual of urology.. McGraw-Hill Professional. p. 78.. .mw-parser-output cite. ... In urinary catheterization a latex, polyurethane, or silicone tube known as a urinary catheter is inserted into a patient's ... Female urinary catherization, Merck Manual Professional Edition. *Male urinary catherization, Merck Manual Professional Edition ... "Urinary catheters". MedlinePlus, the National Institutes of Health's Web site. 2010-03-09. Retrieved 2010-12-01.. ...
Intersex medical interventions
"The Journal of Urology. 171 (4): 1615-1619. doi:10.1097/01.ju.0000117761.94734.b7. ISSN 0022-5347. PMID 15017234.. ... Epispadias repair may involve comprehensive surgical repair of the genito-urinary area, usually during the first 7 years of ... "Journal of Pediatric Urology. 12 (6): 436-437. doi:10.1016/j.jpurol.2016.05.017. ISSN 1477-5131. PMID 27349148.. ... "Advances in Urology. 2012: 705212. doi:10.1155/2012/705212. ISSN 1687-6369. PMC 3332160. PMID 22567003.. ...
Urology (urinary)Edit. Urinary bladder (black butterfly-like shape) and hyperplastic prostate (BPH) visualized by medical ... This includes the uterus and ovaries or urinary bladder. Males are sometimes given a pelvic sonogram to check on the health of ... Ultrasound is routinely used in urology to determine, for example, the amount of fluid retained in a patient's bladder. In a ...
Obstetrics and gynaecology
"Urinary Incontinence". Merck Veterinary Manual. Merck Veterinary Manual. Retrieved 30 November 2012.. ... Muhammad A. Salam (2003). Principles & Practice of Urology: A Comprehensive Text. Universal-Publishers. pp. 684-. ISBN 978-1- ... Malkowicz SB (August 2001). "The role of diethylstilbestrol in the treatment of prostate cancer". Urology. 58 (2 Suppl 1): 108- ... The Journal of Urology. 131 (3): 553-4. doi:10.1016/s0022-5347(17)50493-0. PMID 6199525.. ...
Urology. Retrograde ejaculation occurs when semen which would, in most cases, be ejaculated via the urethra is redirected to ... that are used to relax the muscles of the urinary tract, treating conditions such as benign prostatic hyperplasia. By relaxing ... the urinary bladder. Normally, the sphincter of the bladder contracts before ejaculation forcing the semen to exit via the ...
Any part of the kidneys or urinary tract (ureters, urinary bladder, prostate, and urethra) can leak blood into the urine. The ... "The Journal of Urology. 185 (5): 1793-1803. doi:10.1016/j.juro.2011.01.074. ISSN 1527-3792. PMID 21420124. Archived from the ... urinary tract infection - infection of the ureters, bladder, prostate or urethra; signs include cloudy urine, urinary frequency ... "The Journal of Urology. 178 (6): 2314-2330. doi:10.1016/j.juro.2007.09.003. ISSN 1527-3792. PMID 17993339. Archived from the ...
Posterior urethral valve
Urinary diversion is used in selected cases, and its benefit is disputed. Following surgery, the follow-up in patients with ... "Variable expression of the congenital membrane of the posterior urethra". Urology. 45: 507-509 1995. doi:10.1016/s0090-4295(99) ... Incontinence Urinary tract infection Renal failure Vesicoureteral reflux Chronic kidney disease The female homolog to the male ... is made in the urinary bladder, also known as low diversion, after which the valve is ablated and the stoma is closed. ...
... lower urinary tract and bladder, or clenching of the anus which can exacerbate anal fissure. Botulinum toxin appears to ... European Urology. 60 (4): 784-95. doi:10.1016/j.eururo.2011.07.001. PMID 21782318.. ... "Contemporary management of lower urinary tract disease with botulinum toxin A: a systematic review of botox (onabotulinumtoxinA ...
Urology addresses diseases of kidney (and urinary tract) anatomy: these include cancer, renal cysts, kidney stones and ureteral ... Stephen Jones, J.; Inderbir S. Gill; Raymond Rackley (2006). Operative Urology at the Cleveland Clinic. Andrew C. Novick, ... Congenital obstruction of urinary tract. *Duplex kidneys, or double kidneys, occur in approximately 1% of the population. This ... Microscopic analysis can also identify the presence of urinary casts and crystals. The glomerular filtration rate (GFR) can ...
Urinary Issues - Urology - MedHelp
Urinary Issues. Hello, I recently have developed a problem where I have a constant dull ache in my bladder area. It also tends ... It is characterized by pain or uncomfortable sensation associated with urination (dysuria), urinary frequency, urgency, and ... It is characterized by pain or uncomfortable sensation associated with urination (dysuria), urinary frequency, urgency, and ...
Urinary Retention after surgery - Urology - MedHelp
Strange Urinary symptoms - Urology Message Board - HealthBoards
Urology. 1. 12-08-2009 07:05 AM. urinary tract infection symptoms without the infection Kathy287. Urology. 10. 12-06-2009 12:42 ... Urinary problems please read and help.. wessle2. Urology. 3. 03-17-2004 02:33 AM. ... 18 year old male with urinary tract infection davidjoshua. Urology. 1. 11-26-2005 04:46 PM. ... Strange Urinary symptoms Hi everyone,. Im a 16 year old male. I have had on off symptoms for a while. I started peeing a lot, ...
Urinary Stone Disease - Department of Urology
Department of Urology Academic Office 919-966-2571 , Adult Patient Appointments 984-974-1315 , Pediatric Patient Appointments ... Home › Patient Care › Adult Urology (Non-Cancer) › Stone Disease Schedule an Appointment ... Advances in Urology Symposium * Symposium Archives * 2014 Symposium (Keynote by Patrick C. Walsh, MD) * 2014 Symposium Schedule ... small caliber endoscopes and safe percutaneous access to the upper urinary tract, the entire urinary tract can be assessed, ...
Urinary Tract Infections | Department of Urology | SUNY Upstate Medical University
What is a urinary tract infection (UTI) in adults? Urology Care Foundation website. Available at: http://www.urologyhealth.org/ ... Problems in the urinary tract that slow the flow of urine, such as vesicoureteral reflux or polycystic kidneys ... If the UTI is due to a problem with the urinary tract it may need to be fixed. The repair may help prevent future infections. ... Men and women in Central New York and the surrounding area choose Upstate Urology to provide both time-tested and cutting edge ...
Urinary Incontinence - Male | Department of Urology |SUNY Upstate Medical University
Urinary incontinence is a problem with the control of urine as it flows out of the body. It may cause rare, minor leaks or more ... Urinary incontinence is a symptom of a change in your body. Call your doctor if you have any loss of urine control. Your doctor ... If the cause is not clear in first exam you may be asked to to keep a diary of your urinary habits. A specialist may also be ... There are different type of urinary incontinence including:. *Stress incontinence-urine leaks out when you are active and when ...
Urinary tract infection - Renal and Urology News
Are you sure your patient has a urinary tract infection? What are the typical findings for this disease?. Urinary tract ... How can urinary tract infections be prevented?. As noted above, prophylaxis is no longer recommended for the vast majority of ... Montini, G, Tullus, K, Hewitt, I. "Febrile urinary tract infections in children". New Engl J Med . vol. 365. 2011. pp. 239-50. ... Urinary tract infection [UTI] is one of the most common infections in childhood. The diagnosis should be made by culture ...
What is Urinary Diversion? - Urology Care Foundation
Urinary diversion is when the normal structures are bypassed and an opening is made in the urinary system to bring the urine ... What is Urinary Diversion?. Urinary diversion is when the normal structures are bypassed and an opening is made in the urinary ... What is Urinary Diversion?. Female Urinary Tract. Medical Illustration Copyright © 2015 Nucleus Medical Media, All rights ... The urinary tract is like a plumbing system, with special pipes that allow water and salts to flow through them. The urinary ...
Urinary Incontinence Archives - Renal and Urology News
Urinary Incontinence Baseline Urinary Dysfunction May Increase Following Rectal Cancer Treatment By Gastroenterology Advisor ... TVT-O for Urinary Incontinence Offers Good Long-Term Results By Jody A. Charnow ... OTC Urethral Support Device Now Available to Treat Stress Urinary Incontinence By Steve Duffy ... Renal & Urology News publishes timely news coverage of scientific developments of interest to nephrologists and urologists, ...
Urology Care Foundation - The Urinary Tract System
Urinary Tract Infections in Adults Urinary Tract Infections in Children Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI) ... The Urinary Tract System Urology is a part of health care that deals with a lot of different body parts. This includes body ... The Urinary System. Many of your body parts work with each other to form the Urinary System. Urine is taken out of the body if ... Urinary Incontinence Interstitial Cystitis Low Testosterone Kidney Cancer Erectile Dysfunction Kidney Stones Hematuria ...
Urinary Incontinence | Urology | UT Medicine San Antonio
The physicians practice of UT Health San Antonios Urology provides diagnosis and treatment of all types of urinary ... Related to:Leaky bladder treatment, stress incontinence treatment, urology Urinary incontinence can take many different forms, ... Urinary Incontinence Treatment. The physicians practice of UT Health San Antonio offers men and women of all ages expertise in ... Please call 210-450-9600 to make an appointment with Urology or to get a referral to one of our physicians. ...
Neuromodulation by implant for treating lower urinary tract... : Current Opinion in Urology
Neuromodulation by implant for treating lower urinary tract symptoms and dysfunction Current Opinion in Urology10(2):136-137, ... Neuromodulation by implant for treating lower urinary tract symptoms and dysfunction. Tubaro, Andrea. Section Editor(s): ... Current Opinion in Urology: March 2000 - Volume 10 - Issue 2 - p 136-137 ... Thought you might appreciate this item(s) I saw at Current Opinion in Urology.. ...
The impact of urinary extravasation after radical retropubic... : Current Opinion in Urology
The impact of urinary extravasation after radical retropubic prostatectomy on urinary incontinence and anastomosis strictures. ... The impact of urinary extravasation after radical retropubic prostatectomy on urinary incontinence and anastomosis strictures ... Current Opinion in Urology: March 2000 - Volume 10 - Issue 2 - p 143-144 ... Thought you might appreciate this item(s) I saw at Current Opinion in Urology.. ...
Urological Emergency | Urinary Incontinence | Urology
Majority can be managed by suprapubic urinary diversion for one week • Penetrating partial disruption (e.g., knife, gunshot ... 1. An ileus: the presence of urine within the peritoneal cavity • 2. Prolonged postoperative fever or overt urinary sepsis • 3 ... Patient is at varying risk of urethral stricture, urinary incontinence, and erectile dysfunction (ED) ... Compared to other surgical fields there are relatively few emergencies in urology ...
Response to the AAP Section on Urology Concerns About the AAP Urinary Tract Infection Guideline | Commentaries | Pediatrics
Section on Urology. UTI - urinary tract infection. VCUG - voiding cystourethrogram. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) ... Response to the AAP Section on Urology Concerns About the AAP Urinary Tract Infection Guideline. Kenneth B. Roberts, S. Maria E ... Response to the AAP Section on Urology Concerns About the AAP Urinary Tract Infection Guideline ... Response to the AAP Section on Urology Concerns About the AAP Urinary Tract Infection Guideline ...
Ask an expert - body - genitals / urology - urinary incontinence
Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) - Pediatric Urology - NewYork-Presbyterian
Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI) - Urology Care Foundation
A Patients Guide to Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI). Patient resource on SUI. The Foundations most comprehensive patient ... At the Urology Care Foundation, we support research aimed at helping the millions of men, women and children who struggle with ... Urology Care Foundation. 1000 Corporate Boulevard. Linthicum, MD 21090. Phone: 410-689-3700 or 1-800-828-7866. Fax: 410-689- ... This can result in a disruption to normal urinary, bowel and sexual function. Whether you have surgery, radiation or hormone ...
Urinary Incontinence - Adult Urologic Conditions and Treatments - Department of Urology - Rochester, NY - University of...
Information from the Urology Department at URMC regarding the symptoms, types, causes, diagnosis, and treatment of urinary ... Imaging of the Urinary Tract. Various imaging technologies are used to show abnormalities or problems with the urinary tract. ... Urinalysis. A urine sample is collected from the patient and examined for evidence of urinary tract infection, urinary tract ... When this happens suddenly or uncontrollably, urinary incontinence is the result.. Types of Incontinence. Urinary incontinence ...
Northland DHB Urology : Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) : Healthpoint
Hot Topics in Urology: UTIs, Urinary Incontinence, Overactive Bladder, Prostate Problems and more - NorthBay Healthcare's...
Urinary Incontinence, Overactive Bladder, Prostate Problems and more - NorthBay Healthcares Advanced Medicine Lecture Series ... NorthBay Healthcare presents Hot Topics in Urology: UTIs, ... Hot Topics in Urology: UTIs, Urinary Incontinence, Overactive ... Hot Topics in Urology: UTIs, Urinary Incontinence, Overactive Bladder and more. Stop spending more time in the restroom than ... Hot Topics in Urology: UTIs, Urinary Incontinence, Overactive Bladder, Prostate Problems and more - NorthBay Healthcares ...
Basic Research in Prostate Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Urinary Incontinence, Pediatric Urology and Erectile Dysfunction
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) in Children - Urology Care Foundation
Todays Urology Care Podcast episode is about Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) in Children. Did you know young children have a ... Todays Urology Care Podcast episode is about Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) in Children. Did you know young children have a ... Urology Health extra. Read the latest issue of Urology Health extra, the Urology Care Foundations patient-focused magazine. ... Urology A-Z * Urology A-Z From conditions to treatments to surgical devices and more, weve put everything you need to know ...
Urology Center | Diagnosis & Treatment of Male & Female Urinary Systems
The Urology Center at Bay Area Hospital is a state-of-the-art specialty service offering diagnosis and treatment of both the ... female and male urinary systems, including kidneys, ureters, bladders, urethra, and disorders of the male reproductive system. ... Urology Care The Urology Care at Bay Area Hospital includes diagnosis and treatment of both the female and male urinary systems ... pediatric urology; stone disease; reconstructive surgery; and prostate disease. ...
Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) - Pediatric Urology - NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital
ICS 2018: Neuro-Urology: Is There Still a Place for Bladder Augmentation and Urinary Diversion?
... refractory neurogenic lower urinary tract dysfunction, urinary diversion, cystectomy, continent catheterisable reservoir. ... urinary diversion, treatment of refractory neurogenic detrusor overactivity, intradetrusor onabotulinumtoxinA injections, ... ICS 2018: Neuro-Urology: Is There Still a Place for Bladder Augmentation and Urinary Diversion? Philadelphia, PA (UroToday.com ... Bywater and team assessed if there is still a place for bladder augmentation and urinary diversion in modern neuro-urology. ...
Urinary & Reproductive System (Urology) | Mount Elizabeth Hospitals
Get in touch with our urology specialists for swift evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic adult and ... Urinary & Reproductive System (Urology) * Introduction. Our urology specialists are some of the most experienced surgeons in ... Advanced Urology Associates Pte Ltd. Location:. 3 Mount Elizabeth #17-14 Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre Singapore 228510. ... Li Man Kay Urology Associates. Location:. 38 Irrawaddy Road #08-38 Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre Singapore 329563. ...
At Virginia Urology, we have two physical therapists, Kathy Oxford, DPT and Laura Broman, PT that specialize in female urinary ... Urinary Incontinence What is Urinary Incontinence?. Urinary incontinence is the loss of urine. It is a burden on quality of ... For patients struggling with an overactive bladder and associated symptoms of urinary urgency, urinary frequency and urge ... Virginia Urology is a very impressive organization. Everyone I met was cheerful and kind. You all were being very careful and ...
Bladder Slings Used to Treat Urinary Incontinence by Urology Doctors in Baltimore
Bladder Sling option for patients with urinary tract infection or bladder infection at The Urology Center at Mercy in Baltimore ... The Urology Specialists of Maryland at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore diagnose and treat urinary disorders including urinary ... Meet Our Doctors: Urology Center Robert Thompson, Jr., M.D. Dr. Robert Thompson, Jr., is a Board Certified urologist providing ... Urinary incontinence is a common problem, especially for older adults. It is the accidental leakage of urine which can result ...
Contact Goshen Physicians Urology for complete urinary tract care
Our specially trained team at Goshen Physicians Urology treats patients of all ages. Contact us for help with complete ... Contact our urology experts Contact our team of experts to learn more about our approach to treating problems with urologic ... Goshen Physicians Urology. 1615 Winsted Dr., Suite #4. Goshen, IN 46526. Phone: (574) 537-0861. Fax: (574) 537-0872 ...
RenalBladderInfectionTypes of urinaryMale urinary incontinenceAppointmentUrologistUTIsUrologistsHospitalLead to urinaryType of urinaryPhysiciansAssociatesUrologic conditionsStonesNocturiaTreated for stress urinary incoIncontinence is a common problemSurgicalTreat Urinary IncontinenceMinimallySymptomTract SystemFrequencyCalculiSpecialistsDiversionCauses of Urinary IncontinenceSuffer from urinary incontinenceStress
- It is characterized by pain or uncomfortable sensation associated with urination (dysuria), urinary frequency, urgency, and pressure in the bladder and/or pelvis. (medhelp.org)
- Bladder infection (urinary tract infection-UTI) in adults. (upstate.edu)
- Anatomic conditions can predispose to UTI: stasis or obstruction, posterior urethral valves, bladder or ureteral diverticulum, urinary tract stones, meningomyelocele, vesicoureteral reflux (VUR), and sexual activity. (renalandurologynews.com)
- The urinary tract is made up of 2 kidneys, 2 ureters, the bladder, and the urethra. (urologyhealth.org)
- Urinary incontinence can take many different forms, from simple leakage to the inability to know when your bladder is full. (uthscsa.edu)
- Incontinence - sometimes called "urinary incontinence" - is the inability to hold urine in the bladder. (rochester.edu)
- For the urinary system to work right, these muscles and nerves must work together to hold urine in the bladder and then release it at the right time. (rochester.edu)
- Various techniques used to examine many aspects of the urinary system, including pressure on the bladder, bladder muscle strength and functionality, bladder contractions, the bladder's ability to empty steadily and completely, and urine flow. (rochester.edu)
- ICS 2018: Neuro-Urology: Is There Still a Place for Bladder Augmentation and Urinary Diversion? (urotoday.com)
- As a consequence, bladder augmentation and urinary diversion for neuro-urological indications have almost disappeared from the operating theatres and many urologists will no longer be confronted with patients undergoing such reconstructive procedures for refractory neurogenic lower urinary tract dysfunction (NLUTD) during their careers. (urotoday.com)
- Bywater and team assessed if there is still a place for bladder augmentation and urinary diversion in modern neuro-urology. (urotoday.com)
- There was a total of 51, a total of 51 patients underwent bladder augmentation from January 2011 and October 2017 (n=12) or urinary diversion (ileal conduit: n=31, continent catheterisable reservoir, n=8) for NLUTD. (urotoday.com)
- Despite the triumphal era of onabotulinumtoxinA treatment in neuro-urology, there is still a place for bladder augmentation and urinary diversion in very selected patients with refractory NLUTD. (urotoday.com)
- Our doctors often utilize bladder slings for treatment of urinary incontinence, a surgical procedure that helps control urine leakage. (mdmercy.com)
- A bladder sling procedure is a surgical option that is offered to patients with urinary incontinence (urine leakage) issues. (mdmercy.com)
- Mercy's urologists treat a broad range of urological disorders including prostate cancer , bladder cancer , kidney cancer , kidney stones , interstitial cystitis and urinary incontinence . (mdmercy.com)
- Urolithiasis is defined as the presence of one or more stony concretions located at any level of a segment of the urinary tract: calyx, renal pelvis, ureters, bladder and urethra. (scirp.org)
- Klein A, Zemer R, Buchumensky V, Klaper R, Nissenkorn I: Expression of cytokeratin 20 in urinary cytology of patients with bladder carcinoma. (karger.com)
- The urinary system consists of the kidneys, bladder, ureters and urethra. (mountelizabeth.com.sg)
- Structural abnormalities of the urinary system, urinary stones and bladder obstruction. (mountelizabeth.com.sg)
- The urinary tract includes the kidneys, two ureters, the bladder and the urethra. (uant.com)
- It also is a one-way flap valve that allows unimpeded urinary flow into the bladder but prevents urine from flowing backward (vesicoureteral reflux) into the kidneys. (uant.com)
- Symptoms include a weak urinary stream, feeling unable to completely empty the bladder, frequent urination during the day, and increased urination at night (nocturia). (uant.com)
- Combined method of bladder neck closure and concomitant augmentation cystoplasty in the setting of refractory urinary incontinence. (ucsf.edu)
- Urinary incontinence can be a debilitating disease process that is defined as the inadvertent leakage of urine from bladder. (ucsf.edu)
- Most urinary incontinence treatments include learning specialized exercises or taking medications, which allow you to regain control of your bladder, starting today. (urologymedicalgroup.com)
- Lab work can be ordered, including a blood and urine analysis, to check for inflammatory markers, urinary tract infections, or bladder infections. (urologymedicalgroup.com)
- Bladder stones are a common form of urolithiasis of the lower urinary tract with formation of calculi in the bladder. (urology-textbook.com)
- The cause of urinary bladder stone formation in children is a diet low in animal proteins, which consists mainly of cereals. (urology-textbook.com)
- Urinary bladder stones in developed countries develop usually secondary due to urinary stasis, recurrent urinary tract infections , foreign bodies or intestinal mucosa in the urinary tract (urinary diversion or augmentation). (urology-textbook.com)
- Postvoid residual urine (urinary stasis) is the most common cause for bladder stones (75%) and mainly affects men over 50 years old. (urology-textbook.com)
- Bladder stones causes by urinary stasis consist of uric acid, calcium oxalate and magnesium ammonium phosphate (infection stone). (urology-textbook.com)
- If intermittent self-catheterization or urinary condom are necessary, the risk of bladder stones is increased 4-fold. (urology-textbook.com)
- Bladder stones imaging with ultrasonography shows an echogenic mass in the urinary bladder with posterior acoustic shadow. (urology-textbook.com)
- Non-radiopaque urinary bladder stones can be detected by cystography by causing a filling defect of the contrast media [fig. cystography with bladder stones ]. (urology-textbook.com)
- CT without contrast media is a very accurate method in the diagnosis of urinary bladder stones. (urology-textbook.com)
- Protein kinase C (PKC) is expressed in many tissues and organs including the urinary bladder, however, its role in bladder physiology and pathophysiology is still evolving. (biomedcentral.com)
- This is a non-systematic review of the published literature which summarizes the available animal and human data on the role of PKC signaling in the urinary bladder under different physiological and pathophysiological conditions. (biomedcentral.com)
- Urinary bladder function includes the ability to store urine at low intravesical pressure followed by a subsequent release of bladder contents due to a rapid phasic contraction that is maintained long enough to ensure complete emptying. (biomedcentral.com)
- More recent data suggests that PKC presents a broader range of effects on urinary bladder function including regulation of storage, emptying, excitability of the detrusor, and bladder innervation. (biomedcentral.com)
- In this review, we evaluated the mechanisms of peripheral and local regulation of PKC signaling in the urinary bladder, and their impact on different phases of the micturition cycle under physiological and pathophysiological conditions. (biomedcentral.com)
- Urinary incontinence refers to a loss or leaking of urine due to faulty bladder control. (medicinenet.com)
- Urinary control relies on the finely coordinated activities of the smooth muscle tissue of the urethra and bladder, skeletal, voluntary inhibition, and the autonomic nervous system. (urologynashville.com)
- Urinary incontinence is the loss of bladder control. (academicurology.com)
- It's more common in older adults and may be a sign of a urinary tract infection or an overactive bladder. (uhhospitals.org)
- Urinary incontinence , also known as loss of bladder control, refers to the accidental loss of urine. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- Urinary incontinence (loss of urine control and overactive bladder) is any condition of the bladder that is described as dysfunctional bladder in which the bladder has the problem of storage or voiding. (germantownurologycenter.com)
- Some medications or illnesses can cause temporary urine loss however, in chronic types victims have no underlying disease and a mechanical cause such as bladder prolapsed due to pelvic surgeries, multiple vaginal deliveries, hysterectomy, or even a C-section can cause overactive and urinary incontinence. (germantownurologycenter.com)
- In our daily practice, we see a wide range of bladder dysfunction ranging from sudden onset of urine leak with or without frequency and urgency and/or total urinary incontinence. (germantownurologycenter.com)
- We have been able to control the patient's urinary symptoms up to 90% of the time using oral medication combined with behavioral modification such as bladder training or timed voiding. (germantownurologycenter.com)
- As embarrassing as it can be, urinary incontinence, an overactive bladder, is both common and treatable. (urologyconsult.com)
- We may employ high resolution pelvic or transrectal ultrasounds, a non-invasive uroflow test, neurologic assessment, urodynamic testing (computer evaluation of the bladder and prostate), cystoscopy (looking in the urinary tract with a small scope). (urologyconsult.com)
- The most common symptom of overactive bladder is urinary urgency. (northaustinurology.com)
- The condition can be caused by a variety of things including: urinary tract infections (UTI), surgery on the bladder, bladder tumors, kidney stones, bladder stones, or nerve damage. (northaustinurology.com)
- Bladder control problems range from urinating too frequently to actual urine leakage (urinary incontinence). (coloradouro.com)
- BPH causes a number of urinary symptoms including weak urine stream, urinary urgency and leakage, frequent urination, nocturia, as well as overactive bladder. (coloradouro.com)
- Urinary tract infections are caused by microorganisms-usually bacteria-that enter the urethra and bladder, causing inflammation and infection. (alaskaurology.com)
- WASHINGTON -- The FDA has approved a topical gel formulation of oxybutynin 3% for the treatment of overactive bladder with symptoms of urge urinary incontinence, urgency, and frequency. (medpagetoday.com)
- The urinary tract consists of the kidneys, ureters (tubes that carry urine from the kidneys), bladder, and urethra (tube that carries urine from the bladder to the outside). (advancedurologyinstitute.com)
- A urinary tract infection is called pyelonephritis when it occurs in the kidney, cystitis when it occurs in the bladder and urethritis when it occurs in the urethra. (advancedurologyinstitute.com)
- Urinary tract infections are classified as complicated when there is a history of hematuria (blood in the urine), neurogenic bladder (e.g., spinal cord injury), recent urinary tract surgery or catheterization, unusual types of bacteria (e.g. (advancedurologyinstitute.com)
- It's not unusual for bacteria to get massaged into the urethra and bladder during intercourse, but a protective lining inside the urinary tract prevents the bacteria from sticking to the surface until they get flushed out during urination. (advancedurologyinstitute.com)
- Urinary tract infections typically occur when bacteria enter the urinary tract through the urethra and begin to multiply in the bladder. (renaihospital.com)
- Depending on the cause of your urinary dysfunction, it is possible that treatment may be as simple as taking some medications to help relax the muscles around your bladder. (vistaurology.com)
- Urinary incontinence is the inability to take control of the holding in urine in the bladder. (advancedurologyinstitute.com)
- There are many factors that can cause urinary incontinence, to name one is the anatomy of the human, it may be a birth defect or an accident that change the way a normal bladder would function. (advancedurologyinstitute.com)
- The bladder and urethra are the lower urinary tract. (highdesertroboticsurgery.com)
- Alarcon Urology Center provides a safe, compassionate and welcoming atmosphere for getting help for bladder control problems through minimally invasive treatment. (alarconurology.com)
- The Dribblestop is available from the Urology Health Store at a consumer-friendly price and will put a quick stop to those embarrassing and uncomfortable problems of bladder leakage. (urologyhealthstore.com)
- Overactive Bladder - Urinary frequency and urgency, with or without urge incontinence. (walshurology.com)
- More prevalent with age, urinary incontinence is a condition where bladder control is lost. (amarillourology.com)
- The urinary bladder is a hollow muscular organ in people and animals that collects and stores urine from the kidneys before disposal by urination. (wikipedia.org)
- Urine leaves the bladder via the urethra, a single muscular tube which ends in an opening - the urinary meatus, where it exits the body. (wikipedia.org)
- In males the neck of the urinary bladder is adjacent to the prostate gland. (wikipedia.org)
- The middle lobe of the prostate causes an elevation in the mucous membrane behind the internal urethral orifice called the uvula of urinary bladder. (wikipedia.org)
- The wall of the urinary bladder is normally 3-5 mm thick. (wikipedia.org)
- The Latin phrase for "urinary bladder" is vesica urinaria, and the term vesical or prefix vesico - appear in connection with associated structures such as vesical veins. (wikipedia.org)
- Layers of the urinary bladder wall and cross section of the detrusor muscle. (wikipedia.org)
- The detrusor muscle is a layer of the urinary bladder wall made of smooth muscle fibers arranged in spiral, longitudinal, and circular bundles. (wikipedia.org)
- About 40% to 70% of urinary incontinence is due to overactive bladder, It is not life-threatening. (wikipedia.org)
- Overactive bladder is characterized by a group of four symptoms: urgency, urinary frequency, nocturia, and urge incontinence. (wikipedia.org)
- Urinary Tract infection? (healthboards.com)
- Urinary track infection? (healthboards.com)
- Uncomplicated urinary tract infection (UTI) (pyelonephritis and cystitis). (upstate.edu)
- Available at: https://www.dynamed.com/topics/dmp~AN~T116894/Uncomplicated-urinary-tract-infection-UTI-pyelonephritis-and-cystitis. (upstate.edu)
- Urinary tract infection (UTI) in men. (upstate.edu)
- What is a urinary tract infection (UTI) in adults? (upstate.edu)
- Are you sure your patient has a urinary tract infection? (renalandurologynews.com)
- The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Section on Urology (SOU) 1 raises several concerns regarding the new AAP Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Clinical Practice Guideline. (aappublications.org)
- A UTI is caused by an infection in the urinary tract. (healthpoint.co.nz)
- Today's Urology Care Podcast episode is about Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) in Children. (urologyhealth.org)
- What is a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)? (mountelizabeth.com.sg)
- Sometimes it is the first and only symptom of a urinary tract infection. (columbiaurology.org)
- DNA sequence has a high sensitivity to detect a bacterial and fungal association with resistant genes to antibiotics revealed allowing to implement a targeted and individual prevention and treatment of urinary tract infection (UTI) with improved efficacy compared to standard culture and sensitivity technique. (canjurol.com)
- Usually, urinary stones in urinary diversion are magnesium ammonium phosphate stones (infection stones). (urology-textbook.com)
- however, if we do observe the urinary infection, we treat that first and hopefully, that will take care of the urgency incontinence or frequency by itself. (germantownurologycenter.com)
- Sometimes, however, bacteria from outside the body get into the urinary tract, and cause infection and inflammation. (alaskaurology.com)
- Cystitis is the most common type of urinary tract infection. (alaskaurology.com)
- Anyone can get a urinary tract infection, but they are more common in women. (alaskaurology.com)
- What are the symptoms of a urinary tract infection? (alaskaurology.com)
- Nearly fifty percent of women will develop a urinary tract infection during their lifetime. (advancedurologyinstitute.com)
- They have a urinary tract infection. (urologyaustin.com)
- In fact, women in general are much more likely to contract a urinary tract infection at the rate of 4 women to every 1 man. (urology-partners.com)
- How do I know if I have a urinary tract infection? (urology-partners.com)
- A urinary tract infection is identified by changes to urinary function. (urology-partners.com)
- Treating a urinary tract infection is usually as simple as prescribing an antibiotic and drinking plenty of fluids. (urology-partners.com)
Types of urinary8
- There are several different types of urinary incontinence. (rochester.edu)
- What are the various types of urinary incontinence? (uant.com)
- What are some of the different types of urinary incontinence? (columbiaurology.org)
- There are five different types of urinary incontinence, so your symptoms will depend on which kind you have. (urologymedicalgroup.com)
- Of the several types of urinary incontinence, stress, urge, and mixed incontinence account for more than 90% of cases. (urologynashville.com)
- There are several types of urinary incontinence and some men experience more than one kind. (coloradouro.com)
- Mixed incontinence - This is a combination of any of the above types of urinary incontinence. (coloradouro.com)
- All types of urinary incontinence are treatable at any age. (walshurology.com)
Male urinary incontinence3
- Male urinary incontinence is an oftentimes overlooked and underdiagnosed problem. (alaskaurology.com)
- In men, a damaged sphincter usually causes male urinary incontinence, sometimes as an unavoidable result of surgery. (advancedurologyinstitute.com)
- If you or a man you know suffers from male urinary incontinence, there is an affordable and simple solution, whether the problem is mild, moderate or severe. (urologyhealthstore.com)
- In many cases, patients will then be referred to a urologist, a doctor who specializes in diseases of the urinary tract. (columbiaurology.org)
- You may be referred to a urologist or urogynecologist, a healthcare provider who specializes in diseases of the urinary tract. (uhhospitals.org)
- Dr. Allen Farsaii, Urologist with more than 30 years of experience, is the Medical Director at Germantown Urology Center. (germantownurologycenter.com)
- Severe cases of urinary incontinence are treated by specialized urologist. (advancedurologyinstitute.com)
- Urologists are doctors who focus on urinary issues. (upstate.edu)
- At Urology Associates Medical Group in Burbank, California, the industry-leading urologists can diagnose and treat you right away. (urologymedicalgroup.com)
- This study aims to investigate practice patterns and attitudes of pediatric urologists regarding the use of antibiotics in the setting of urinary tract catheterization. (biomedcentral.com)
- There is substantial variation in practice patterns among surveyed pediatric urologists regarding prophylactic antibiotic use with urinary catheterization. (biomedcentral.com)
- The urologists at Colorado Urology understand how difficult it can be to open up about urinary incontinence. (coloradouro.com)
- Between 2006 and 2013, gynecologists in the United States performed four times more sling procedures for stress urinary incontinence (SUI) than urologists, as well as a larger number of concomitant pelvic floor procedures such as prolapse repair and hysterectomy, a study found. (medpagetoday.com)
- Advanced Urology Institute is a group of highly qualified and board certified urologists in Florida. (advancedurologyinstitute.com)
- Urologists provide comprehensive care for disorders of the urinary tract. (saratogahospital.org)
- He is a graduate of New York Medical College, a Resident and Fellow at the University of California and was Chief of Urology at Veterans Hospital, Los Angeles, and a Clinical Instructor at the West Virginia School of Medicine. (germantownurologycenter.com)
- The physicians in the Massachusetts General Hospital General Urology Program evaluate patients for urological diseases and common disorders, and provide outstanding care to patients diagnosed with urological conditions. (massgeneral.org)
- The Massachusetts General Hospital Female Urology Program provides advanced and comprehensive care for urinary tract disorders including incontinence, voiding dysfunctions and pelvic prolapse. (massgeneral.org)
Lead to urinary2
Type of urinary3
- The risk of urinary stone formation (4-48%) depends on the type of urinary diversion. (urology-textbook.com)
- The condition is the most common type of urinary incontinence in young women. (medicinenet.com)
- Frequent urination and nighttime urination often occur with this type of urinary incontinence. (medicinenet.com)
- Over 400 people--patients and family members--joined physicians and staff from the Academic Urology Prostate Center and Fox Chase Cancer Center Medical Group on June 4th at the Valley Forge Casino & Resort in King of Prussia to mark the annual National Cancer Survivors' Day. (academicurology.com)
- Almost 400 people-patients and family members-joined physicians and staff from the Academic Urology Prostate Center on June 5 at the Presidential Catering center in East Norriton to mark the annual National Cancer Survivors' Day. (academicurology.com)
- This technology uses shock waves generated outside the body by a lithotripter and are then targeted by fluoroscopy or ultrasound to fragment stones within the urinary tract. (unc.edu)
- Some predisposing factors appear to have a genetic component in some families, such as VUR and urinary tract stones. (renalandurologynews.com)
- The preferred treatment of urinary calculi today is the fragmentation of the stones by the means of Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL), endoscopic procedures for direct removal of the stone (utererorenoscopy, URS), (percutaneous nephrolitholapaxy, PCNL) as well as open removal of stones by opening the urinary tract via an incision. (sah-eschweiler.de)
- the difference in urinary stones between the standard and low-dose groups was not significant. (urologytimes.com)
- Major patients with urinary stones who have received minimally invasive urological treatment: extracorporeal lithotripsy (ECL), flexible uretero-renoscopy (URSsple) and percutaneous nephrolithotomy (NLPC). (ichgcp.net)
- Urinary stones occur three times more common in continent than in incontinent urinary diversion. (urology-textbook.com)
Treated for stress urinary inco1
Incontinence is a common problem3
- It is the most common surgical device used for stress urinary incontinence, which affects women more than men. (mdmercy.com)
- There is limited comparative data on the predictive value of the two most commonly employed classification systems (SFU hydronephrosis[HN] grades and urinary tract dilation[UTD] risk groups) in regards to future risk for surgical intervention and the development of fUTI. (urotoday.com)
- Long-term durability of the distal urethral polypropylene sling procedure for stress urinary incontinence: minimum 5-year followup of surgical outcome and satisfaction determined by patient reported questionnaires. (ucsf.edu)
- We work across many disciplines within Johns Hopkins to offer holistic care for the resolution of urinary conditions, including physical therapy, nonsurgical and surgical treatment options. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- Surgical procedures are available to treat male urinary stress incontinence. (alaskaurology.com)
- Advanced Urology Institute is a professional corporation of medical doctors (M.D.'s) who are board-certified and qualified in the surgical sub-specialty of urology. (advancedurologyinstitute.com)
Treat Urinary Incontinence1
- The AMS AdVance Male Sling System is highly effective, minimally invasive procedure to correct mild to moderate stress urinary incontinence. (alaskaurology.com)
- Alarcon Urology is a leading treatment center for the diagnosing, prevention and treatment of BPH, specializing in minimally invasive laser therapy. (alarconurology.com)
- In many cases, urinary calculi remain undetected during the entire life time or are suddenly diagnosed for the first time in connection with a ureteral colic. (sah-eschweiler.de)
- In addition to these, however, there are also other factors such as anatomic anomalies, metabolic disorders and genetic factors which can promote the development of urinary calculi. (sah-eschweiler.de)
- The therapy of symptomatic urinary calculi is manifold. (sah-eschweiler.de)
Causes of Urinary Incontinence1
Suffer from urinary incontinence4
- Approximately 25% of young women, up to 57% of middle-aged and postmenopausal women, and around 75% of older women in nursing homes suffer from urinary incontinence. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- An estimated 25% to 33% of people in the United States suffer from urinary incontinence. (medicinenet.com)
- If you suffer from urinary incontinence, you are definitely not alone. (medicinenet.com)
- Recent reports have shown that as many as 9-13% of American men suffer from urinary incontinence. (alaskaurology.com)
- Study concludes that few of the associated risk factors are modifiable and that clinicians should stress possible outcomes related to urinary dysfunction prior to patients receiving treatment for rectal cancer. (renalandurologynews.com)
- In a study, women undergoing a transobturator sling procedure had a 2.4-fold higher risk of reoperation for recurrent stress urinary incontinence than those undergoing a retropubic sling procedure. (renalandurologynews.com)
- An over-the-counter device to treat stress urinary incontinence (SUI) in women has been made available by Rinovum Women's Health. (renalandurologynews.com)
- This is another type of sling for stress urinary incontinence. (uro.com)
- Stem cell therapy for stress urinary incontinence: a critical review. (ucsf.edu)
- For uncomplicated stress urinary incontinence, urodynamic testing doesn't add much to the basic office evaluation, a clinical trial determined. (medpagetoday.com)