Risk Management: The process of minimizing risk to an organization by developing systems to identify and analyze potential hazards to prevent accidents, injuries, and other adverse occurrences, and by attempting to handle events and incidents which do occur in such a manner that their effect and cost are minimized. Effective risk management has its greatest benefits in application to insurance in order to avert or minimize financial liability. (From Slee & Slee: Health care terms, 2d ed)Liability, Legal: Accountability and responsibility to another, enforceable by civil or criminal sanctions.Malpractice: Failure of a professional person, a physician or lawyer, to render proper services through reprehensible ignorance or negligence or through criminal intent, especially when injury or loss follows. (Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed)Security Measures: Regulations to assure protection of property and equipment.Risk Assessment: The qualitative or quantitative estimation of the likelihood of adverse effects that may result from exposure to specified health hazards or from the absence of beneficial influences. (Last, Dictionary of Epidemiology, 1988)Safety Management: The development of systems to prevent accidents, injuries, and other adverse occurrences in an institutional setting. The concept includes prevention or reduction of adverse events or incidents involving employees, patients, or facilities. Examples include plans to reduce injuries from falls or plans for fire safety to promote a safe institutional environment.Medical Errors: Errors or mistakes committed by health professionals which result in harm to the patient. They include errors in diagnosis (DIAGNOSTIC ERRORS), errors in the administration of drugs and other medications (MEDICATION ERRORS), errors in the performance of surgical procedures, in the use of other types of therapy, in the use of equipment, and in the interpretation of laboratory findings. Medical errors are differentiated from MALPRACTICE in that the former are regarded as honest mistakes or accidents while the latter is the result of negligence, reprehensible ignorance, or criminal intent.Insurance, Liability: Insurance against loss resulting from liability for injury or damage to the persons or property of others.Floods: Sudden onset water phenomena with different speed of occurrence. These include flash floods, seasonal river floods, and coastal floods, associated with CYCLONIC STORMS; TIDALWAVES; and storm surges.Primary Care Nursing: Techniques or methods of patient care used by nurses as primary careproviders.Occupational Health: The promotion and maintenance of physical and mental health in the work environment.Disease Management: A broad approach to appropriate coordination of the entire disease treatment process that often involves shifting away from more expensive inpatient and acute care to areas such as preventive medicine, patient counseling and education, and outpatient care. This concept includes implications of appropriate versus inappropriate therapy on the overall cost and clinical outcome of a particular disease. (From Hosp Pharm 1995 Jul;30(7):596)Yukon Territory: A territory of northwest Canada, bounded on the north by the Arctic Ocean, on the south by British Columbia, and on the west by Alaska. Its capital is Whitehorse. It takes its name from the Yukon River, the Indian yu-kun-ah, meaning big river. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p1367 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p608)Risk Factors: An aspect of personal behavior or lifestyle, environmental exposure, or inborn or inherited characteristic, which, on the basis of epidemiologic evidence, is known to be associated with a health-related condition considered important to prevent.Research Report: Detailed account or statement or formal record of data resulting from empirical inquiry.Management Audit: Management review designed to evaluate efficiency and to identify areas in need of management improvement within the institution in order to ensure effectiveness in meeting organizational goals.Environmental Health: The science of controlling or modifying those conditions, influences, or forces surrounding man which relate to promoting, establishing, and maintaining health.United States Environmental Protection Agency: An agency in the Executive Branch of the Federal Government. It was created as an independent regulatory agency responsible for the implementation of federal laws designed to protect the environment. Its mission is to protect human health and the ENVIRONMENT.Hazardous Substances: Elements, compounds, mixtures, or solutions that are considered severely harmful to human health and the environment. They include substances that are toxic, corrosive, flammable, or explosive.Guidelines as Topic: A systematic statement of policy rules or principles. Guidelines may be developed by government agencies at any level, institutions, professional societies, governing boards, or by convening expert panels. The text may be cursive or in outline form but is generally a comprehensive guide to problems and approaches in any field of activity. For guidelines in the field of health care and clinical medicine, PRACTICE GUIDELINES AS TOPIC is available.Product Surveillance, Postmarketing: Surveillance of drugs, devices, appliances, etc., for efficacy or adverse effects, after they have been released for general sale.Practice Guidelines as Topic: Directions or principles presenting current or future rules of policy for assisting health care practitioners in patient care decisions regarding diagnosis, therapy, or related clinical circumstances. The guidelines may be developed by government agencies at any level, institutions, professional societies, governing boards, or by the convening of expert panels. The guidelines form a basis for the evaluation of all aspects of health care and delivery.Genetic Counseling: An educational process that provides information and advice to individuals or families about a genetic condition that may affect them. The purpose is to help individuals make informed decisions about marriage, reproduction, and other health management issues based on information about the genetic disease, the available diagnostic tests, and management programs. Psychosocial support is usually offered.Naval Medicine: The practice of medicine concerned with conditions affecting the health of individuals associated with the marine environment.Patient Safety: Efforts to reduce risk, to address and reduce incidents and accidents that may negatively impact healthcare consumers.Peer Review, Health Care: The concurrent or retrospective review by practicing physicians or other health professionals of the quality and efficiency of patient care practices or services ordered or performed by other physicians or other health professionals (From The Facts On File Dictionary of Health Care Management, 1988).Australia: The smallest continent and an independent country, comprising six states and two territories. Its capital is Canberra.Occupational Exposure: The exposure to potentially harmful chemical, physical, or biological agents that occurs as a result of one's occupation.Genes, BRCA2: A tumor suppressor gene (GENES, TUMOR SUPPRESSOR) located on human chromosome 13 at locus 13q12.3. Mutations in this gene predispose humans to breast and ovarian cancer. It encodes a large, nuclear protein that is an essential component of DNA repair pathways, suppressing the formation of gross chromosomal rearrangements. (from Genes Dev 2000;14(11):1400-6)Environmental Monitoring: The monitoring of the level of toxins, chemical pollutants, microbial contaminants, or other harmful substances in the environment (soil, air, and water), workplace, or in the bodies of people and animals present in that environment.Safety: Freedom from exposure to danger and protection from the occurrence or risk of injury or loss. It suggests optimal precautions in the workplace, on the street, in the home, etc., and includes personal safety as well as the safety of property.Cardiovascular Diseases: Pathological conditions involving the CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM including the HEART; the BLOOD VESSELS; or the PERICARDIUM.Iatrogenic Disease: Any adverse condition in a patient occurring as the result of treatment by a physician, surgeon, or other health professional, especially infections acquired by a patient during the course of treatment.United StatesFood Contamination: The presence in food of harmful, unpalatable, or otherwise objectionable foreign substances, e.g. chemicals, microorganisms or diluents, before, during, or after processing or storage.EuropeGenetic Testing: Detection of a MUTATION; GENOTYPE; KARYOTYPE; or specific ALLELES associated with genetic traits, heritable diseases, or predisposition to a disease, or that may lead to the disease in descendants. It includes prenatal genetic testing.Great BritainGuideline Adherence: Conformity in fulfilling or following official, recognized, or institutional requirements, guidelines, recommendations, protocols, pathways, or other standards.Genes, BRCA1: A tumor suppressor gene (GENES, TUMOR SUPPRESSOR) located on human CHROMOSOME 17 at locus 17q21. Mutations of this gene are associated with the formation of HEREDITARY BREAST AND OVARIAN CANCER SYNDROME. It encodes a large nuclear protein that is a component of DNA repair pathways.Accidents, Occupational: Unforeseen occurrences, especially injuries in the course of work-related activities.Quality Assurance, Health Care: Activities and programs intended to assure or improve the quality of care in either a defined medical setting or a program. The concept includes the assessment or evaluation of the quality of care; identification of problems or shortcomings in the delivery of care; designing activities to overcome these deficiencies; and follow-up monitoring to ensure effectiveness of corrective steps.Case Management: A traditional term for all the activities which a physician or other health care professional normally performs to insure the coordination of the medical services required by a patient. It also, when used in connection with managed care, covers all the activities of evaluating the patient, planning treatment, referral, and follow-up so that care is continuous and comprehensive and payment for the care is obtained. (From Slee & Slee, Health Care Terms, 2nd ed)Public Health: Branch of medicine concerned with the prevention and control of disease and disability, and the promotion of physical and mental health of the population on the international, national, state, or municipal level.Netherlands: Country located in EUROPE. It is bordered by the NORTH SEA, BELGIUM, and GERMANY. Constituent areas are Aruba, Curacao, Sint Maarten, formerly included in the NETHERLANDS ANTILLES.Workplace: Place or physical location of work or employment.Education: Acquisition of knowledge as a result of instruction in a formal course of study.Agriculture: The science, art or practice of cultivating soil, producing crops, and raising livestock.Southeastern United States: The geographic area of the southeastern region of the United States in general or when the specific state or states are not included. The states usually included in this region are Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, West Virginia, and Virginia.Benchmarking: Method of measuring performance against established standards of best practice.Drug-Related Side Effects and Adverse Reactions: Disorders that result from the intended use of PHARMACEUTICAL PREPARATIONS. Included in this heading are a broad variety of chemically-induced adverse conditions due to toxicity, DRUG INTERACTIONS, and metabolic effects of pharmaceuticals.World Health Organization: A specialized agency of the United Nations designed as a coordinating authority on international health work; its aim is to promote the attainment of the highest possible level of health by all peoples.Questionnaires: Predetermined sets of questions used to collect data - clinical data, social status, occupational group, etc. The term is often applied to a self-completed survey instrument.Patient Care Management: Generating, planning, organizing, and administering medical and nursing care and services for patients.Decision Making: The process of making a selective intellectual judgment when presented with several complex alternatives consisting of several variables, and usually defining a course of action or an idea.Risk Reduction Behavior: Reduction of high-risk choices and adoption of low-risk quantity and frequency alternatives.Organizational Culture: Beliefs and values shared by all members of the organization. These shared values, which are subject to change, are reflected in the day to day management of the organization.Decision Support Techniques: Mathematical or statistical procedures used as aids in making a decision. They are frequently used in medical decision-making.Physician's Practice Patterns: Patterns of practice related to diagnosis and treatment as especially influenced by cost of the service requested and provided.Primary Health Care: Care which provides integrated, accessible health care services by clinicians who are accountable for addressing a large majority of personal health care needs, developing a sustained partnership with patients, and practicing in the context of family and community. (JAMA 1995;273(3):192)Incidence: The number of new cases of a given disease during a given period in a specified population. It also is used for the rate at which new events occur in a defined population. It is differentiated from PREVALENCE, which refers to all cases, new or old, in the population at a given time.Evidence-Based Medicine: An approach of practicing medicine with the goal to improve and evaluate patient care. It requires the judicious integration of best research evidence with the patient's values to make decisions about medical care. This method is to help physicians make proper diagnosis, devise best testing plan, choose best treatment and methods of disease prevention, as well as develop guidelines for large groups of patients with the same disease. (from JAMA 296 (9), 2006)Pain Management: A form of therapy that employs a coordinated and interdisciplinary approach for easing the suffering and improving the quality of life of those experiencing pain.Data Collection: Systematic gathering of data for a particular purpose from various sources, including questionnaires, interviews, observation, existing records, and electronic devices. The process is usually preliminary to statistical analysis of the data.Medical Audit: A detailed review and evaluation of selected clinical records by qualified professional personnel for evaluating quality of medical care.Environmental Exposure: The exposure to potentially harmful chemical, physical, or biological agents in the environment or to environmental factors that may include ionizing radiation, pathogenic organisms, or toxic chemicals.Time Factors: Elements of limited time intervals, contributing to particular results or situations.Treatment Outcome: Evaluation undertaken to assess the results or consequences of management and procedures used in combating disease in order to determine the efficacy, effectiveness, safety, and practicability of these interventions in individual cases or series.Models, Theoretical: Theoretical representations that simulate the behavior or activity of systems, processes, or phenomena. They include the use of mathematical equations, computers, and other electronic equipment.Patient Education as Topic: The teaching or training of patients concerning their own health needs.Prospective Studies: Observation of a population for a sufficient number of persons over a sufficient number of years to generate incidence or mortality rates subsequent to the selection of the study group.Family Practice: A medical specialty concerned with the provision of continuing, comprehensive primary health care for the entire family.Environmental Pollutants: Substances or energies, for example heat or light, which when introduced into the air, water, or land threaten life or health of individuals or ECOSYSTEMS.Air Pollutants, Occupational: Air pollutants found in the work area. They are usually produced by the specific nature of the occupation.Program Development: The process of formulating, improving, and expanding educational, managerial, or service-oriented work plans (excluding computer program development).Quality Control: A system for verifying and maintaining a desired level of quality in a product or process by careful planning, use of proper equipment, continued inspection, and corrective action as required. (Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed)Southwestern United States: The geographic area of the southwestern region of the United States. The states usually included in this region are Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, and Utah.Health Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice: Knowledge, attitudes, and associated behaviors which pertain to health-related topics such as PATHOLOGIC PROCESSES or diseases, their prevention, and treatment. This term refers to non-health workers and health workers (HEALTH PERSONNEL).EnglandRisk: The probability that an event will occur. It encompasses a variety of measures of the probability of a generally unfavorable outcome.Pharmaceutical Preparations: Drugs intended for human or veterinary use, presented in their finished dosage form. Included here are materials used in the preparation and/or formulation of the finished dosage form.Retrospective Studies: Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.Interviews as Topic: Conversations with an individual or individuals held in order to obtain information about their background and other personal biographical data, their attitudes and opinions, etc. It includes school admission or job interviews.Mass Screening: Organized periodic procedures performed on large groups of people for the purpose of detecting disease.Communication: The exchange or transmission of ideas, attitudes, or beliefs between individuals or groups.Breast Neoplasms: Tumors or cancer of the human BREAST.Hypertension: Persistently high systemic arterial BLOOD PRESSURE. Based on multiple readings (BLOOD PRESSURE DETERMINATION), hypertension is currently defined as when SYSTOLIC PRESSURE is consistently greater than 140 mm Hg or when DIASTOLIC PRESSURE is consistently 90 mm Hg or more.
Financial Risk Management. Tata McGraw-Hill Education, 2006. p. 197. Walton, Peter J. The Routledge Companion to Fair Value and ... United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of New York, 2003. p. 7. Holton, Gyn A. "Enron Debacle". Contingency Analysis ... "The Role of the Board of Directors in Enron's Collapse". Committee on Governmental Affairs; United States Senate. May 7, 2002. ... who pushed for the company to develop and expand its financial trading and risk management sectors instead. Skilling's goals ...
List of Louisiana hurricanes (2000-present)
United States National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. 43 (6): 152. Retrieved 28 December 2012. Risk Management ... According to the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development, in St. Bernard Parish, 81% (20,229) of the housing ... United States Department of Commerce (September 2000). Del Greco, Stephen, ed. "September 2000" (PDF). Storm Data. Asheville, ... United States Department of Commerce (August 2002). Angel, William, ed. "August 2002" (PDF). Storm Data. Asheville, North ...
2011 Myanmar earthquake
Disaster Risk Management. Retrieved 24 March 2011. USGS, 16 May 2007. "M6.3 - Laos". United States Geological Survey. Did You ... According to the United States Geological Survey's population exposure data, the final damage from the earthquake are most ... "Magnitude 5.4 - MYANMAR". United States Geological Survey. Earthquake Hazards Program. Archived from the original on 31 March ... USGS (12 May 2012). "Magnitude 6.9 - MYANMAR:Earthquake Summary". United States Geological Survey. Archived from the original ...
Effects of Tropical Storm Allison in Texas
United States Department of Commerce (2001). "Tropical Storm Allison Heavy Rains and Floods in Texas and Louisiana" (PDF). ... Risk Management Solutions (2001). "Tropical Storm Allison Event Report" (PDF). Retrieved May 18, 2006. https://www.weather.gov/ ... The storm continued to the east-northeast, made landfall on Louisiana, then moved across the southeast United States and Mid- ... United States Department of Commerce. 2001. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-02-05. Retrieved 2008-09-06. "University ...
... provide energy risk management services; and are involved in asset acquisition and management, natural gas exploration, ... Tenaska is a private independent energy company based in the United States. The employee-owned company was founded in 1987 and ... Other Tenaska affiliates include: • Tenaska Capital Management, LLC - Provides management services for private equity ... and is one of the largest marketers of physical power in the United States. ...
It is classified as an extremely hazardous substance in the United States as defined in section 302 of the U.S. Emergency ... Persistent Organic Pollutant Review Committee (POPRC). Draft risk management evaluation for lindane. May, 2007. "Archived copy ... February 8, 2006 United Nations Environment Programme. POPRC of the Stockholm Convention. Draft risk profile: Lindane. July ... The cancellation of agricultural uses in the United States will further reduce the amount of lindane introduced into the ...
Tropical Storm Linfa (2015)
Joint Typhoon Warning Center (Report). United States Navy. July 1, 2015. Archived from the original on July 2, 2015. Retrieved ... 10A re TS EGAY" (PDF). National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council. July 7, 2015. Retrieved February 9, 2016. ... Joint Typhoon Warning Center (Report). United States Navy. July 1, 2015. Archived from the original on July 2, 2015. Retrieved ... Joint Typhoon Warning Center (Report). United States Navy. July 2, 2015. Archived from the original on July 3, 2015. Retrieved ...
Headquarters, United States Department of Army. 2001. Archived from the original on 2013-03-13. Garcia, Mary Lynn (2007). ... Talbot, Julian & Jakeman, Miles (2011). Security Risk Management Body of Knowledge. John Wiley & Sons. pp. 72-73. ISBN ... Headquarters, United States Department of Army. 2001. Archived from the original on 2013-03-13. Fennelly, Lawrence J. (2012). ... Policies like this one have been created to combat the 94-99 percent rate of false alarm activation in the United States. ...
The United States is one of a handful of countries that allow plasma donors to be paid, meaning that the US supplies much of ... Therapeutics and Clinical Risk Management. 2010:6: 1. doi:10.2147/tcrm.s4353. Powell, Lynne. "Re: A Message from CSL Behring to ... Subcutaneous administration of immunoglobulin is associated with a lower risk of both systemic and localized risk when compare ... Patients in the United States" (PDF). Primary Immune Foundation. CSL Behring. Archived (PDF) from the original on 22 December ...
Tropical Storm Thelma
A cash grant of $17,300 from the United Kingdom was received on November 8. Two United States Air Force AC-130s from Subic bay ... "Updates re Effects of Typhoo "Yolanda" (Haiyan)" (PDF). National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council. April 17, 2014 ... Additionally, the United States provided 55,000 packages of food rations. This total nearly doubled two days later with grants ... United States Navy. 1992. pp. 132-135. Retrieved May 3, 2013. "1991 Thelma (1991304N08140)". International Best Track Archive. ...
Effects of Typhoon Bopha in Micronesia and Palau
United States Navy. 2013. Retrieved May 8, 2015. SitRep No. 38 re Effects of Typhoon "Pablo" (Bopha) (PDF) (Report). National ... Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council. December 25, 2012. Retrieved May 8, 2015. Prognostic Reasoning for Typhoon ... On December 1, a United States Navy vessel arrived in Palau in case requests for assistance were made after the storm. As a ... Joint Typhoon Warning Center (Report). United States Navy. November 26, 2012. Archived from the original on November 27, 2012. ...
History of tropical cyclone-spawned tornadoes
Within the United States 1,163 tornadoes were associated with tropical cyclones, accounting for slightly under 6% of all ... "Effects of Tropical Depression "Fabian" in Region IV-B" (PDF). National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council. June 22 ... Beven II, John L (August 8, 2012). Tropical Storm Arlene: June 28 - July 1, 2011 (PDF) (Tropical Cyclone Report). United States ... Beven II, John L (August 22, 2013). Tropical Storm Andrea: June 5 - 7, 2013 (PDF) (Tropical Cyclone Report). United States ...
2013 Bohol earthquake
The United States Geological Survey issued a yellow warning, saying "some casualties and damage are possible and the impact ... According to official reports by the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC), 222 were reported dead, ... The United States, through the US Agency for International Development (USAID), donated $50,000 worth of non-food relief items ... United States Geological Survey. Retrieved February 4, 2014. Kobayashi 2014. "SitRep No. 35 re Effects of Magnitude 7.2 ...
Typhoon Maysak (2015)
Due to their Compact of Free Association, United States President Barack Obama declared a state of disaster for the FSM on ... National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council. April 7, 2015. Retrieved April 7, 2015. Manolo B. Jara (April 4, 2015 ... According to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), a total of 29,000 people were directly affected by ... United States of America Member Report (PDF) (Report). ESCAP/WMO Typhoon Committee 10th Integrated Workshop. 2015. p. 7. ...
Hurricane Earl (1998)
Federal Emergency Management Agency (September 8, 1998). "Summary: Hurricane Earl in Florida". Government of the United States ... Casualty-Risk & Benefits Management. Retrieved June 8, 2009. Jim Pinkelman (December 3, 1998). "Transportation Secretary Slater ... The United States Military allocated $2.2 million to repair damage from Hurricane Earl to training academies and naval ports. ... In October United States Department of Transportation provided $2 million in funds to repair damaged and destroyed roads in ...
Philippines Charitable Giving Assistance Act
List of bills in the 113th United States Congress Income tax in the United States Acts of the 113th United States Congress "H.R ... 107 Effects of Typhoon "Yolanda" (Haiyan)" (PDF). National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council. March 14, 2014. ... 52 million worth of aid and deployed the United States Marines, United States Navy and United States Air Force in order to ... Eric Swalwell (D, CA-15). It was referred to the United States House Committee on Ways and Means and the United States House ...
According to the United States Fire Administration, in the United States there were approximately 31,000 fires caused by arson ... Risk Management Review, 2016 (article) Insurance Information Institute. Insurance Information Institute. Coalition Against ... United States of America v. Naseem Chaudhry. United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division. ... Section 1347 of Title 18 of the United States Code states that whoever attempts or carries out a "scheme or artifice" to " ...
Federal Crop Insurance Corporation
"History of the Crop Insurance Program". United States Department of Agriculture Risk Management Agency. "Living New Deal: What ... is a wholly owned government corporation managed by the Risk Management Agency of the United States Department of Agriculture. ... In September 2008, the U.S. Department of Agriculture approved the expansion of the FCIC's risk management program to include ... providing for FCIC to offer a wider selection of insurance-related risk management tools to farmers and agricultural entities. ...
Regulation of nanotechnology
Regulatory bodies such as the United States Environmental Protection Agency and the Food and Drug Administration in the U.S. or ... "Small concerns: nanotech regulations and risk management". SPIE Newsroom. 2009. Foundation, Planet Ark Environmental. "Positive ... Rather than adopt a new nano-specific regulatory framework, the United States' Food and Drug Administration (FDA) convenes an ' ... Berkeley, CA is currently[when?] the only city in the United States to regulate nanotechnology. Cambridge, MA ...
Typhoon Chan-hom (2015)
The Joint Typhoon Warning Center is a joint United States Navy - United States Air Force task force that issues tropical ... 09 re Effects of Enhanced Southwest Monsoon (PDF) (Report). National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council. July 14, ... The United States Department of Defense issued a Condition of Readiness 3. While looping near Rota, Chan-hom produced gusts of ... Significant Tropical Weather Outlook for the Western and South Pacific Oceans June 25, 2015 13z (Report). United States Joint ...
World Trade Center, den frie encyklopædi
Port Authority Risk Management Staff. "The World Trade Center Complex" (PDF). United States Fire Administration. Hentet 2007-05 ... "The National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States.. *^ Dwyer, Jim; Lipton, Eric et al. (2002-05-26). "102 ... Tårn 6 stod i det nordvestlige hjørne af komplekset, nordøst for PATH stationen, og husede United States Customs Service og US ... Freedom Tower Renaming Draws Criticism , United States , Epoch Times *^ Trump calls Freedom Tower design 'disgusting' - msnbc ...
Stone Canyon Reservoir
"Geonames". United States Geological Survey (USGS): Geographic Names Information System(GNIS). Retrieved 22 February 2011. " ... Taylor, Craig E.; Vanmarcke, Erik (2006). Infrastructure risk management processes: natural, accidental, and deliberate hazards ... The Federal and State Surface Water Treatment Rules stipulated that the rules prescribed that covering of all smaller ... following the Federal and State Government directives, a 20,000 square feet (1,900 m2) membrane filtration and pumping facility ...
Early Life Stage test
Section 11.06: Environmental Assessment, Risk Management and Corrective Action. United States Environmental Protection Agency. ... Following the passage of the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) in the United States in 1976, there was an increased need for ... United States Environmental Protection Agency. 2002. TSCA New Chemicals Program (NCP) Chemical Categories. Panter GH, ... ELS tests are used as part of environmental risk assessments by regulatory agencies including the U.S. Environmental Protection ...
Real property administrator
... risk management and insurance; leasing and marketing; asset management; environmental health and safety; and business ethics. ... Approximately 4,200 persons maintain the RPA designation, including about 3,500 in the United States and 700 in Canada. The ... The real property administrator (RPA) designation is a professional designation for people who work in property management. The ... English land law Statute of Frauds Property management Property manager Sholl, Anna (June 23, 2008). "Livingston Receives Real ...
United States farm bill
Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2013 (H.R. 1947; 113th Congress) (H.R. 1947) - failed passage in the ... so by the United States Congress and deals with both agriculture and all other affairs under the purview of the United States ... In the United States, the farm bill is the primary agricultural and food policy tool of the federal government. The ... bill allowed farmers to receive payment for not growing food on a percentage of their land as allocated by the United States ...
International Sustainable Development Studies Institute
ISDSI's Risk Management Policy Presented at Wilderness Risk Management Conference • Mentioned on the Cleanist Line Website ... ISDSI is also registered as a 501C-3 Non-Profit in the United States. • ISDSI's Website • "Sustainability Education, ... ISDSI's risk management practices have been referenced by a variety of organizations and were presented at the 2004 Wilderness ... External link in ,website= (help) Ritchie, Ph.D., Mark A. "THE OBJECTIVE HAZARDS OF CULTURE: RISK MANAGEMENT IN AN ...
Robert L. Hirsch
... and Risk Management, which was written for the United States Department of Energy. Hirsch directed the US fusion energy program ... 3] Hirsch, Robert L. (October 2005). "The Inevitable Peaking of World Oil Production". Atlantic Council of the United States, ... November 28, 2005). "Peaking of world oil production: impacts, mitigation, & risk management". AIChE. 52 (1): 2-8. doi:10.1002/ ... February 2005). "Peaking of world oil production: impacts, mitigation, & risk management". US Dept. Energy/National Energy ...
National Infrastructure Protection Plan
United States Department of Homeland Security. Retrieved 2014-07-15. 2. DHS NIP 2013 Supplement - Executing CI Risk Management ... United States Department of Agriculture United States Department of Defense United States Department of Energy United States ... of Health and Human Services United States Department of the Interior United States Department of the Treasury United States ... United States Department of Homeland Security-Transportation Security Administration United States Coast Guard United States ...
Francis E. Walter Dam
United States Army Corps of Engineers (11 Dec 2012). "2". Dams, Basin Planning, and Flood Risk Management (PDF) (Report). ... "Francis E. Walter Dam Flow Management Plan". United States Army Corps of Engineers. Retrieved 26 June 2017. "USGS 01447780 ... It was named after United States Congressman Francis E. Walter. The land on which the dam is built was originally owned by ... Constructed in 1961 by the United States Army Corps of Engineers, it spans the Lehigh River, creating the Francis E. Walter ...
Risk Management & Tax services and reports , Global". Deloitte United States. Retrieved 2016-01-22. "The Forbes Impact 30 List ... This scope allows partner schools to benefit from the best practices and success stories from across the United States. College ... successfully creating a college-going culture among that city's at-risk elementary and middle school students. Earlier, he ...
Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act
The Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) is a United States federal law that set up the basic U.S. ... sound science is used to assess risk to the listed species. *there is an attempt at finding means to avoid concerns of listed ... Copies of the labels of most pesticides registered in the USA can be obtained at Crop Data Management Systems, Inc. ... State primary enforcement responsibility Section 26 136w-2 Failure by the state to assure enforcement of state pesticides use ...
"United States Census Bureau. May 24, 2020. Retrieved May 27, 2020.. *^ a b "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. ... "Draining the Swamp: A scorched-earth management philosophy is sucking the life out of our region's wetlands". Houston Press. ... which reduces the risk of an earthquake. The one significant earthquake that has been reported in the area was the result ... County, state and federal services. The United States Postal Service operates the Baytown Main Post Office at 601 West ...
... evaluated against the balancing of risks and benefits of the medications. In the United States, this is guided by the evidence- ... "Management of Blood Cholesterol". JAMA. 321: 800. doi:10.1001/jama.2019.0015. ISSN 0098-7484. PMC 6679800. PMID 30715135.. .mw ... A risk exists of muscle damage (myopathy and rhabdomyolysis) with statins. Hypercholesterolemia is not a risk factor for ... Similar to statins, the risk of muscle damage exists.. *Niacin, like fibrates, is also well suited for lowering triglycerides ...
Type 2 diabetes
High-risk groups in the United States include: those over 45 years old; those with a first degree relative with diabetes; some ... Management. Further information: Diabetes management. Management of type 2 diabetes focuses on lifestyle interventions, ... the United States 17.7 million, Indonesia 8.4 million, and Japan 6.8 million. It is recognized as a global epidemic by the ... increases the risk of developing diabetes by 1.5 times and is the greatest risk of the common genetic variants. Most of the ...
2.2 Management. *2.3 Ash dieback in the United Kingdom. *2.4 Ash dieback in Ireland ... Network of Climate Change Risks on Forests (FoRisk): SNS Workshop, Umea, Sweden.: 14-15.. ... "Update on ash dieback (Chalara fraxinea) in Europe: New confirmed hosts and description of the perfect state". North American ... Management. There are currently no effective strategies for managing the disease, and most countries which have tried to ...
In the United States, the 1974 Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act (CAPTA) required that for states to receive federal ... "Journal of Pain and Symptom Management. 46 (6): 887-96. doi:10.1016/j.jpainsymman.2013.02.010. ISSN 1873-6513. PMID 23707384.. ... 7 Risks and problems *7.1 Negative outcomes *7.1.1 Adequacy of regulation and CAM safety ... All states require that applicants for MD licensure be graduates of an approved medical school and complete the United States ...
... the United States, and South Africa. Interaction with Haemophilus influenzae. Historically, Haemophilus ... risk factors, susceptibility patterns and antimicrobial management". The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal. 14 (9): 751-9. ... it is incorporated into the childhood immunization schedule in a number of countries including the United Kingdom, ... it must enter a special physiological state called competence. ...
Positron emission tomography
"Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 88 (5): 3223-3227. Bibcode:1991PNAS...88.3223M ... where the risk to the patient from lack of knowledge about disease progress is much greater than the risk from the test ... 18F-FDG, which is now the standard radiotracer used for PET neuroimaging and cancer patient management, has an effective ... In the United States, a PET scan is estimated to be ~$5,000, and most insurance companies don't pay for routine PET scans after ...
Main articles: Ebola virus cases in the United States, Ebola virus disease in Spain, and Ebola virus disease in the United ... recommends avoiding aspirin or ibuprofen for pain management, due to the risk of bleeding associated with these medications.[ ... United States. Archived from the original on 14 September 2012. Retrieved 14 September 2012.. CS1 maint: ref=harv (link). ... An Ebola vaccine, rVSV-ZEBOV, was approved in the United States in December 2019. It appears to be fully effective ten days ...
2013). Pituitary Disorders: Diagnosis and Management. United Kingdom: Wiley-blackwell. p. xiv. ISBN 978-0-470-67201-3.. ... Cushing H: The Pituitary Body and its Disorders: Clinical States Produced by Disorders of the Hypophysis Cerebra. Philadelphia ... reoperation has lower success rate and increases the risk of pituitary insufficiency. ... Howlet, T.A; Perry L.; Doniach I.; Rees LH.; Besser G.M (1986). "Diagnosis and management of ACTHdependent Cushing's syndrome: ...
United States portal. *. Medicine portal. *Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation. *Enhanced Primary Care Case Management ... The states pay a monthly capitated rate per member to the MCOs that provide comprehensive care and accept the risk of managing ... Not to be confused with Medicare (United States).. United States social health care program for families and individuals with ... The annual cost of care will vary state to state depending on state approved Medicaid benefits, as well as the state specific ...
... is currently legal in the United States except for the state of Florida, which has currently banned domestic ownership of ... Leedy, Daniel L.; Adams, Lowell W. (1984). A Guide to Urban Wildlife Management. National Institute for Urban Wildlife.. ... Niels C., Rattenborg (1999). "Half-awake to the risk of predation". Nature. 397 (6718): 397-398. Bibcode:1999Natur.397..397R. ... it winters south to the southern United States and northern Mexico, but also regularly strays into Central America and ...
New York, United States: Nova Publishers. ISBN 1-60021-247-6.. Pages 98 to 109 ... which allowed them a more nutritious diet and a decreased risk of famine. Many of the famines experienced by ... London, United Kingdom: Macmillan. ISBN 0-8050-5787-0.. Page 123 *^ a b Kelly, Raymond (October 2005). "The evolution of lethal ... Human societies from the Paleolithic to the early Neolithic farming tribes lived without states and organized governments. For ...
In the United States, acne vulgaris is responsible for more than 5 million doctor visits and costs over US$2.5 billion each ... Danby FW (27 January 2015). Acne: Causes and Practical Management. John Wiley & Sons. pp. 147-. ISBN 978-1-118-23277-4. .. ... Pregnancy category refers to an evaluation of a substance's risk of injury to a fetus if used by the mother during pregnancy.[ ... "Sales of the leading acne brands in the United States in 2015 (in million U.S. dollars)". statista: The Statistics Portal. ...
Unisex public toilet
United States. Main article: Bathroom bill. There are unisex toilets in some public spaces in the United States. Despite ... Journal of Public Management & Social Policy. Retrieved April 2, 2016.. *^ a b Transgender 'bathroom bill' leaves Texas ... "Unisex toilets put girls at risk of sexual harassment, claims women's rights group". The Independent. February 18, 2019. ... in the United States) first became separated by sex in the United States and Europe. Under one theory, offered by Terry Kogan, ...
In the United Kingdom this amount cost the NHS approximately £182 in 2015. The average wholesale price in the United States ... Rituximab is being used off-label in the management of kidney transplant recipients. This drug may have some utility in ... carries with it the risk of infection. ... In the United States, it has been FDA-approved for use in ... "Immunomodulators and Rituximab in the Management of Autoimmune Pancreatitis". Archived from the original on 2014-05-02. ...
Atascadero State Hospital
In recent years, the hospital, under the threat of a lawsuit by the United States Justice Department alleging violations of the ... "Total quality management and the reduction of inpatient violence and costs in a forensic psychiatric hospital". Psychiatric ... Initial research and treatment programs aimed at understanding and reducing the risk of reoffense in sexual offenders. In the ... "Forensic treatment in the United States: A survey of selected forensic hospitals". International Journal of Law and Psychiatry ...
Health in Nepal
"Health Profile: Nepal" (PDF). United States Agency for International Development. March 2008. Archived from the original (PDF) ... Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) h) Hospital-based nutrition management and rehabilitation The hospital-based ... Millions of people are at risk of infection and thousands die every year due to communicable diseases, malnutrition and other ... Nepal human development report 2009-State transformation and human development by United Nations Development programme Beine, ...
In the immediate wake of World War II, for example, it was widely considered in the United States that technology was simply " ... Eslamian, Saeid (2014). Handbook of Engineering Hydrology: Environmental Hydrology and Water Management. Boca Raton, Florida: ... Brief report:predictors of heavy internet use and associations with health promoting and health risk behaviors among Hong Kong ... United Kingdom: Oxford University Press. ISBN 0199102074.. *^ Crabb, George (1823). Universal Technological Dictionary, or ...
Abortion - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Women who had an abortion in Finland and the United States usually did not state that the pregnancy posed a risk to their ... "Beef cattle and Beef production: Management and Husbandry of Beef Cattle", Encyclopaedia of New Zealand (1966). ... In the United States in 2000, 11 women died from the complications of legal abortion. The risk of death from a legal ... "Breast Cancer Risks". United States House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. Retrieved 2008-04-14.. ...
"The Use of Medicines in the United States: Review of 2011" (PDF). IMS Institute for Healthcare Informatics. Archived (PDF) from ... Vaidya B, Pearce SH (July 2008). "Management of hypothyroidism in adults". BMJ. 337: a801. doi:10.1136/bmj.a801. PMID 18662921. ... Given that no increased risk of congenital abnormalities have been demonstrated in pregnant women taking levothyroxine, therapy ... As of 2011, levothyroxine was the second most commonly prescribed medication in the United States, with 23.8 million ...
Internet of things
But such action violates the United States DMCA section 1201, which only has an exemption for "local use". This forces ... Internet-of-things solutions by selectively constraining physical systems to allow for all management regimes without risking ... "Oregon State Legislature".. *^ a b c d Anthony, Scott (15 July 2016). "Disruptive Innovation: Kodak's Downfall Wasn't About ... "can save the United States more than $300 billion in annual healthcare expenditures by increasing revenue and decreasing cost." ...
HM Prison Pentridge
Eddie Leonski (US soldier, executed on behalf of the United States Army) 9 November 1942 ... Jika Jika - maximum security risk and for protection, later renamed K Division ... almost all of the buildings identified as being of no significance in the 1996 Pentridge Conservation Management Plan (1996 CMP ... 1999 The State Government of Victoria sells Pentridge to developers Luciano Crema and Harry Barbon in partnership with Peter ...
In the United States, these services are supervised by a pathologist. The personnel that work in these medical laboratory ... Pain management (also called pain medicine, or algiatry) is the medical discipline concerned with the relief of pain. ... These include trauma centers, burn treatment centers, advanced neonatology unit services, organ transplants, high-risk ... "The Case For Single Payer, Universal Health Care for the United States". Cthealth.server101.com. Retrieved 4 May 2009.. ...
Berlin Brandenburg Airport
... at gates A21-22 and B21 allows for additional pre-boarding security checks for high-risk flights to the United States and ... The project management missed a 7 October 2016 deadline to announce a definite opening date for the airport. In October ... "Bund schließt weitere Kostenrisiken beim BER nicht aus" [State does not rule out further cost risks with BER]. Stern. Hamburg. ... On 2 May 1991, the Berlin Brandenburg Flughafen Holding GmbH (BBF) was founded, owned by the states of Berlin and Brandenburg ( ...
"Temporal changes in fishing motivation among fishing club anglers in the United States - Abstract". Fisheries Management and ... Because of the risk of transmitting Myxobolus cerebralis (whirling disease), trout and salmon should not be used as bait. ... "North American Journal of Fisheries Management. 26 (3): 592-605. doi:10.1577/M04-220.1. Retrieved 2009-05-06.. ... Among the most often stated responses were the fun of catching fish, the experience, to catch a lot of fish or a very large ...
... in the United States: Training, Practice, and Research (PDF). Rockville, MD: Agency for Health Care Policy and ... Risk-benefit. A 2012 systematic review concluded that no accurate assessment of risk-benefit exists for cervical manipulation.[ ... Ernst E (May 2008). "Chiropractic: a critical evaluation". Journal of Pain and Symptom Management. 35 (5): 544-62. doi:10.1016/ ... Chiropractic in the United States: Training, Practice, and Research. Rockville, MD: Agency for Health Care Policy and Research ...
The United States saw its first medical X-ray obtained using a discharge tube of Ivan Pulyui's design. In January 1896, on ... have stated that the "risks of medical imaging at patient doses below 50 mSv for single procedures or 100 mSv for multiple ... Iowa State University. Retrieved 27 April 2013.. *^ Karlsson EB (9 February 2000). "The Nobel Prizes in Physics 1901-2000". ... or it may directly activate a matrix of solid-state detectors (DR-similar to a very large version of a CCD in a digital camera ...
For the remaining regions in the world the risk classifications are generally similar to the United States, European Union, and ... The ISO standards for medical devices are covered by ICS 11.100.20 and 11.040.01. The quality and risk management ... United States (Food and Drug Administration)Edit. Section 201(h) of the Federal Food Drug & Cosmetic (FD&C) Act defines a ... United StatesEdit. Main article: Medical device manufacturing. Further information: Federal_Food,_Drug,_and_Cosmetic_Act § ...
United States. Bureau of Mines. 1995.. *^ Burt, R. O. (1993). "Caesium and cesium compounds". Kirk-Othmer encyclopedia of ... 1999). Pollution Prevention: The Waste Management Approach to the 21st Century. CRC Press. p. 15 Section 27. ISBN 978-1-56670- ... "Chemical risk analysis: a practical handbook. p. 215. ISBN 978-1-903996-65-2. .. ... United States Geological Survey. pp. 77-78. Archived (PDF) from the original on 11 July 2007. Retrieved 19 August 2007.. ...
Risk Management Doctorate Campus Degrees & Graduate Programs in United States
Graduate Programs in United States on GradSchools.com the top site for accredited colleges. ... United States Campus Doctorates in Risk Management. If you describe yourself as a decision maker who works well under pressure ... The principal goal of the PhD program in insurance and risk management is to prepare students for careers as college and ... a risk management doctorate may be your calling. Browse online and campus-based programs to find the right education path for ...
Clerk Risk Management Salary in Maine, United States
Salary estimates based on salary survey data collected directly from employers and anonymous employees in Maine, United States. ... United States is $38,974 or an equivalent hourly rate of $19. ... The average clerk risk management salary in Maine, ... The average pay for a Clerk Risk Management is $38,974 a year and $19 an hour in Maine, United States. The average salary range ... Clerk Risk Management Salary. in Maine, United States. $38,974 (USD) Average Salary ...
Port Risk Management : United States Government Accountability : 9781240710324
Port Risk Management by United States Government Accountability, 9781240710324, available at Book Depository with free delivery ... Port Risk Management : Additional Federal Guidance Would Aid Ports in Disaster Planning and Recovery. *Paperback ... Ranging from historic Congressional Bills to the most recent Budget of the United States Government, the BiblioGov Project ...
Phase 2: A Risk Management Approach - United States Access Board
The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the United State Government or ... NOTICE: Neither the United States Government nor any agency thereof, nor any of their employees, makes any warranty, express or ... This report examines a risk management methodology to provide for both marine safety and disability access at weathertight ... Several well-regarded naval architects contributed their knowledge and insight to review of the risk management methodology, ...
Fraud Risk Management | Protiviti - United States
... mitigating and monitoring their risk of fraud and misconduct. We assist organizations with building sustainable fraud risk ... Protivitis Fraud Risk Management consultants help organizations build a solid infrastructure for evaluating, ... Such measures are a good start, but they need to be part of a comprehensive and ongoing fraud risk management strategy that ... Protivitis Fraud Risk Management consultants help organizations build a solid infrastructure for evaluating, mitigating and ...
SAS Training in the United States -- SAS® Model Risk Management: Workshop
... and base functionality that is integral to SAS Model Risk Management. After completing the course, participants are prepared to ... This solution overview training for SAS Model Risk Management prepares members of your organizations project team to be ... Introduction to SAS Model Risk Management. *Business overview.*Introduction to SAS Model Risk Management.*SAS MRM key concepts. ... Anyone who will be involved in implementing and using SAS Model Risk Management, including team members from Risk Management ...
Insurance and Risk Management Director Salary in United States - ERI | SalaryExpert
Salary estimates based on salary survey data collected directly from employers and anonymous employees in the United States ... The average insurance and risk management director salary in the United States is $137,061 or an equivalent hourly rate of $66 ... in the United States. How much does a Insurance and Risk Management Director make in the United States?. Get insights on the ... The average insurance and risk management director salary in United States is $137,061 or an equivalent hourly rate of $66. In ...
It's still risk management: Last Christmas | Article | The United States Army
Think about all the Christmases to come when you make those choices.These are risk management decisions. Is the risk really ... Its still risk management: Last Christmas. By Rae McInnis, Director, Assessments and Prevention U.S. Army Combat Readiness ... Ask yourself, is it really worth that last drink or last day at home to risk your life on the road when intoxicated or tired? ...
Top Risk Management Executive Salary in Kentucky, United States - ERI | SalaryExpert
United States is $154,182 or an equivalent hourly rate of $74. Salary estimates based on salary survey data collected directly ... from employers and anonymous employees in Kentucky, United States. ... The average top risk management executive salary in Kentucky, ... in Kentucky, United States. How much does a Top Risk Management ... The average top risk management executive salary in Kentucky, United States is $154,182 or an equivalent hourly rate of $74. ...
SAS Training in the United States -- SAS® Infrastructure for Risk Management: Overview
It discusses how this platform-based software interacts with other SAS Risk solutions. ... This video-based course covers SAS Infrastructure for Risk Management. The course introduces the basic features and then delves ... Overview of SAS Infrastructure for Risk Management. *introduction to SAS Infrastructure for Risk Management *overview of the ... SAS Infrastructure for Risk Management: Overview Virtual Lab 15.0 hours. 30 days English. 75 USD / 0.15 EPTO. ...
Making Management Risk Committees Effective | Protiviti - United States
While not a part of the board, such committees nonetheless can contribute to the boards risk oversight. The question arises as ... Many companies have management risk committees (MRCs) as part of their risk infrastructure. ... "management risk committee.". 2 According to The State of Risk Oversight: An Overview of Enterprise Risk Management Practices by ... risks - such as interest rate risk, currency risk, commodity price risk, credit risk, catastrophic risk, and health, safety and ...
Top Risk Management Executive Salary in New York-Manhattan, New York, United States
The average top risk management executive salary in New York-Manhattan, New York is $203,382 or an equivalent hourly rate of $ ... Top Risk Management Executive Job Prevalence in New York-Manhattan, New York, United States Job family: Financial Managers ... United States. The average salary range for a Top Risk Management Executive is between $139,661 and $254,079. This compensation ... Risk Management Executive Council to identify top of mind issues / topics and interact and communicate with senior management ...
Barriers to implementation of risk management for federal wildland fire management agencies in the United States | Rocky...
Barriers to implementation of risk management for federal wildland fire management agencies in the United States. Download ... Barriers to implementation of risk management for federal wildland fire management agencies in the United States. In: Viegas, D ... Barriers to implementation of risk management for federal wildland fire management agencies in the United States ... The new wildfire risk management tools we discuss provide Federal agencies in the U.S. the ability to integrate risk-informed ...
Podcast - Risk Management: Revised FCPA Corporate Enforcement Policy - Criminal Law - United States
United States Criminal Law Ropes & Gray LLP 9 May 2018 ... United States: Podcast - Risk Management: Revised FCPA ... Podcast - Risk Management: Impact Of Revised FCPA Policy On International Risk Management Programs (67% match) ... Podcast - Risk Management: Impact Of Revised FCPA Policy On International Risk Management Programs (67% match) ... Mimi Yang: Hello, and welcome to our podcast series on risk mitigation and management. My name is Mimi Yang and I am a Hong ...
United States Senate Agriculture Subcommittee on Commodities, Risk Management and Trade - Wikipedia
Barriers to implementation of risk management for federal wildland fire management agencies in the United States | Treesearch
Barriers to implementation of risk management for federal wildland fire management agencies in the United States. In: Viegas, D ... Barriers to implementation of risk management for federal wildland fire management agencies in the United States ... risk management, wildland fire. Related Search. *Progress towards and barriers to implementation of a risk framework for US ... The new wildfire risk management tools we discuss provide Federal agencies in the U.S. the ability to integrate risk-informed ...
Project Sentinel - The Army Announces Cybersecurity Risk Management Framework Reform | Article | The United States Army
In addition to focusing on a threat-based risk framework, Sentinel will look to institute a risk threshold. While there is risk ... process into a streamlined threat-informed risk decision process.. The Army adopted the Risk Management Framework in 2015. ... Project Sentinel - The Army Announces Cybersecurity Risk Management Framework Reform. By Nancy Kreidler, Cybersecurity and ... December 20, 2019Cutting edge model improves the Fargo-Moorhead Metro Flood Risk Management Project ...
United States House Agriculture Subcommittee on General Farm Commodities and Risk Management - Wikipedia
Refined avian risk assessment for aldicarb in the United States - Moore - 2009 - Integrated Environmental Assessment and...
Previous article in issue: A decision-analysis approach for contaminated dredged material management in South Korea Previous ... Refined aquatic risk assessment for aldicarb in the United States Next article in issue: Refined aquatic risk assessment for ... Refined avian risk assessment for aldicarb in the United States. Authors. *. Dwayne RJ Moore,. Corresponding author*E-mail ... and regions in the United States. The results indicated that, even for the most sensitive bird species, the risks associated ...
Environmental risk assessment of hydrotropes in the United States, Europe, and Australia - Stanton - 2009 - Integrated...
Environmental risk assessment of hydrotropes in the United States, Europe, and Australia. Authors. *. Kathleen Stanton,. ... Integrated Environmental Assessment and Management Explore this journal ,. * Explore this journal ,. * Previous article in ... The ratios were 0.0002 for a low flow (7Q10) stream scenario in the United States, 0.026 to 0.089 for regional and local water ... Global production equals approximately 46 500 metric tons, a little more than half of which is used in the United States. The 8 ...
SEC Issues Risk Alert On Adviser Personnel's Use Of Electronic Messaging - Wealth Management - United States
United States Wealth Management Ropes & Gray LLP 27 Dec 2018 ... issued a Risk Alert to share its observations from a recent ... United States: SEC Issues Risk Alert On Adviser Personnels Use Of Electronic Messaging. Last Updated: December 27 2018 ... The Risk Alert suggests that it is a good time to review your firms practices, as well as policies and procedures, concerning ... Assessing the advisers risk on an ongoing basis by soliciting feedback from employees regarding the forms of electronic ...
Understanding Suicide Across the Lifespan: A United States Perspective of Suicide Risk Factors, Assessment & Management - PubMed
Prior to attempts, individuals often seek help, prompting practitioners to perform risk assessments that ideally use evidence- ... based risk management strategies. A literature review was performed using Harvard Countway Library of Medicine, Google Scholar ... A United States Perspective of Suicide Risk Factors, Assessment & Management Ian H Steele 1 , Natasha Thrower 2 , Paul Noroian ... Understanding Suicide Across the Lifespan: A United States Perspective of Suicide Risk Factors, Assessment & Management Ian H ...
Telos Corporation Selected by the United States Air Force for IT Enterprise Risk Management and Compliance Automation - Telos
Telos Corporation Selected by the United States Air Force for IT Enterprise Risk Management and Compliance Automation. ... Telos Corporation Selected by the United States Air Force for IT Enterprise Risk Management and Compliance Automation. ... Telos Corporation Selected by the United States Air Force for IT Enterprise Risk Management and Compliance Automation ... today announced that it has been selected by the United States Air Force (USAF) to provide risk management and compliance ...
Risk management of emergency service vehicle crashes in the United States fire service: process, outputs, and recommendations |...
Risk management of emergency service vehicle crashes in the United States fire service: process, outputs, and recommendations. ... Emergency service vehicle crashes (ESVCs) are a leading cause of death in the United States fire service. Risk management (RM) ... based on risk ratings provided by risk management teams at each department. Risk ranking is based on severity of a risk/hazard ... The risk and hazards were ranked using a risk matrix approach commonly employed in formal risk assessments [9, 10]. Risk ...
Abstract: Corporate Risk Management and the Making of Industrial Medicine in the Early Twentieth Century United States | The...
Abstract: Corporate Risk Management and the Making of Industrial Medicine in the Early Twentieth Century United States. Nate ... Corporate Risk Management and the Making of Industrial Medicine in the Early Twentieth Century United States. ... This paper sketches the rise and transformation of workplace medical examinations in the early twentieth century United States ...
Graduate Certificate in Mathematics and Statistics Degree Programs in United States
Graduate Programs in United States on GradSchools.com the top site for accredited colleges. ... Risk Management. The Graduate Certificate in Risk Management is an "add-on" to Polytechnics existing graduate program in ... United States Graduate Certificate in Mathematics and Statistics Programs. Graduate Certificate in Mathematics and Statistics ... Kansas State University. Data Analytics ata analytics is a broad field requiring expertise in technical data science as well as ...
Best Practices in Risk and Crisis Communication: Implications for Natural Hazards Management by Toddi A. Steelman, Sarah...
... in the United States, or +1 212 448 2500 outside of the United States, 8:30AM to 6:00PM U.S. Eastern, Monday - Friday. ... Best Practices in Risk and Crisis Communication: Implications for Natural Hazards Management. Natural Hazards, Volume 65, ... Keywords: Crisis communication Risk communication Wildfire Disaster Emergency management Wildfire policy. Suggested Citation: ... The findings indicate how a type of desired management change (more flexible fire management) is associated with more effective ...
Renting a vehicle? | Enterprise Risk Management | Memorial University of Newfoundland
United States and Canada. If you are renting in either the United States or Canada for a period of greater than 30 days you ... Outside the United States and Canada. For rentals in excess of 30 days outside of the United States and Canada you will be ... Enterprise Risk Management. 230 Elizabeth Ave, St. Johns, NL, CANADA, A1B 3X9 ... must complete a Request for Motor Vehicle form and forward it to the Procurement Officer with Facilities Management, so that ...
IBM Application Security on Cloud - Resources - United States
Transform Your Application Security Testing & Empower Risk Management. Learn how you can stay on top of compliance and empower ... IBM Open Source Analyzer permits you to gain control over open source risk by identifying vulnerable components in your code. ... Effectively Manage Application Security Risk in the Cloud. Web and mobile applications continue to be a significant source of ... Learn how IBM Application Security on Cloud helps to manage and reduce risk in your mission-critical application portfolio. ...
IBM Security zSecure Compliance Administration - Resources - United States
Best Practices on Risk Management for z Systems Security. Learn 10 best practices to reduce risk for systems, applications and ... Maximize mainframe security to reduce risk with 10 best practices. Reducing the security risk to business "crown jewels" on ... Reduce the risk that comes from privileged user error or malicious external impersonation on mainframes. ... How zSecure™ solutions help manage risk, automate operations, improve efficiency, minimize complexity and enhance security. ...
2018AssessmentCapabilitiesInsightsGartner SecurityComplianceGovernanceCybersecurityAssessmentsMetricsOversight2017OutcomesMitigateOrganizationsBusinessRegulatoryOrganizationCompany's riskFrameworkEnterpriseWildfireOrganizationalAnalyticsResilienceCommoditiesManager SalariesIndustriesToday'sApproachLiquidityOperationalSolutionsExposureReportingFinancialCredit Risk ModelingRegulatorsSecurityDepartmentBehaviorLeadershipPlatformsEnvironmentalFraudWebinarLocationDecision-makersContentCountryInfrastructureCompanyContinuouslyManageInsurancePosesDataVolatilityPerspectiveServices
- On December 14, 2018, the SEC's Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations ("OCIE") issued a Risk Alert to share its observations from a recent exam initiative that focused on investment adviser personnel's use of electronic messaging for business purposes. (mondaq.com)
- Ashburn, Va. - January 17, 2018 - Telos ® Corporation, a leading provider of continuous security solutions and services for the world's most security-conscious organizations, today announced that it has been selected by the United States Air Force (USAF) to provide risk management and compliance automation support of their Enterprise NIPRNet and SIPRNet environments. (telos.com)
- Our 2018 Global State of Privileged Access Management Risk and Compliance Report describes the latest results from our groundbreaking global study. (thycotic.com)
- After more than a year of renegotiations, the leaders of the three countries signed the new United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) on November 30, 2018. (heritage.org)
- Following more than a year of renegotiations, the leaders of the United States, Mexico, and Canada gathered in Buenos Aires on November 30, 2018, to sign the new agreement, called the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA). (heritage.org)
- Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit 2018 will help enterprises and their security leaders transform their cybersecurity and risk management strategies and build resilience across the enterprise through leading-edge research and thinking on key topics such as agile architectures, business continuity management (BCM), cloud security, privacy and securing Internet of Things (IoT). (gartner.com)
- At Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit 2018, you'll find comprehensive coverage of today's top priorities for security and risk leaders. (gartner.com)
- and for States, 1949-2018. (usda.gov)
- Take a comprehensive look at your cybersecurity, risk management and compliance strategies at Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit 2018 . (gartner.com)
- In this report, Publisher studies the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Risk Analysis Management market for 2018-2023. (openpr.com)
- Protiviti's consultants assist organizations with building sustainable fraud risk assessment processes and developing anti-fraud programs and controls to meet fiduciary and regulatory responsibilities. (protiviti.com)
- Application of risk assessment to support wildfire incidents has been dramatically advanced with the Wildland Fire Decision Support System and allowed policy modifications that encourage management of incidents for multiple objectives. (fed.us)
- Key words used were "Forensic Science," "Suicide Risk Management," "Pediatric Suicide Risk Factors," "Adult Suicide Risk Factors," "Geriatric Suicide Risk Factors," "Suicide Risk Assessment. (nih.gov)
- Risk management (RM) is a proactive process for identifying occupational risks and reducing hazards and unwanted events through an iterative process of scoping hazards, risk assessment, and implementing controls. (biomedcentral.com)
- Risk assessment and risk management are terms quite often heard within the shipping industry but not everyone has a clear idea of exactly what is involved. (lr.org)
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Nashville District is preparing an environmental assessment in accordance with the National Environmental Policy Act, and is seeking public comment for a flood risk management study for the Cumberland River, Browns Creek, Richland Creek and Whites Creek. (dvidshub.net)
- Perform risk assessment of the model risk framework as part of Huntington's overall Operational Risk pillar. (huntingtonbank.jobs)
- Launched in late 2017, the Thycotic Privileged Access Management Risk Assessment has already engaged over 500 global IT security professionals. (thycotic.com)
- The assessment results indicate that a continuous growing awareness exists in Privileged Access Management, with a focus on Risk and Compliance and the significant impact they have on an organizations' security. (thycotic.com)
- The Thycotic Privileged Access Management Risk Assessment is intended to be a general privileged access management risk tool and is therefore based on a combination of these standards. (thycotic.com)
- The presentations from this conference held in January 2002 provide a broad background including the basics of what is known about health and ecosystem effects and exposure assessment for endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs), and the current state of knowledge in managing the risks of suspected EDCs. (worldcat.org)
- He or she will recruit top talent from universities located across the United States, and is responsible for the identification, development, assessment and hiring of top talent for undergraduate and graduate level hiring. (velvetjobs.com)
- Know where to allocate resources with data-driven risk assessment. (esri.com)
- Use location as the connective thread to uncover hidden patterns and trends for enhanced risk assessment. (esri.com)
- Senior credit analysts work closely with loan officers (who are the primary contact point to the client) to inform them about loan policy and the results of the risk assessment. (payscale.com)
- Extenuating circumstances may also be a contributing factor (e.g., a history of surprises, substantive improvements required in the company's risk management capabilities, a critical risk meriting special attention or a need to strengthen risk culture). (protiviti.com)
- Functioning under the auspices of the chief executive and/or executive committee, they assess and monitor the organization's internal and external environment and provide insights and recommendations to executive, operating and functional leaders for improving the company's risk management capabilities continuously in a changing business environment. (protiviti.com)
- Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests. (velvetjobs.com)
- This role is integral part of Global Information Management and supports Customer 360 enhancements and help building foundational data capabilities to be used across enterprise by developing new algorithms leveraging machine learning techniques. (velvetjobs.com)
- However, today's changing reality is affecting all levels of government in their efforts to improve the United States' resilience while grappling with the limitations of their capabilities. (oecd.org)
- Join the world's CISOs and top security and risk management professionals to hone your leadership capabilities and gather the information you need to enable digital business in a world of escalating risk. (gartner.com)
- IntelliRisk® offers unique risk management capabilities, including detailed claims analysis, customizable metrics, and data driven global insights for primary line claims. (aig.com)
- Financial Crime Risk Management Platform from Fiserv provides advanced fraud detection and anti-money laundering capabilities to financial institutions. (fiserv.com)
- PwC was announced as a Leader in Strategic Risk Management Consulting by ALM Vanguard, a company that assesses consulting firms in defined markets on the basis of their breadth and depth of service capabilities and ability to deploy those across highly-complex client requirements. (pwc.com)
- PwC's risk capabilities empower strategic risk thinking to help our clients better understand the policy, regulatory and risk environments, enabling them to innovate their businesses, confidently grow and improve profitability. (pwc.com)
- In this episode, we talk with Paula Loop, PwC's Governance Insights Center leader and Frank Martens, Global Risk Framework and Methodology Leader to find out how culture, cyber-attacks and increasing access to risk information are key issues influencing the need for a fresh approach to risk oversight. (pwc.com)
- Smart maps pinpoint areas of potential risk, reveal deeper insights on how to manage risk, and provide a common view that streamlines communication during all phases of risk management. (esri.com)
- This, in combination with individual risk insights gained through the Cyber Resilience Evaluation, makes possible the enhanced cyber insurance coverage to Cisco and Apple business customers. (apple.com)
- The IBM Center for The Business of Government, the Association for Federal Enterprise Risk Management (AFERM), and the Senior Executives Association (SEA) hosted a seminar that brought together ERM experts to share key insights and lessons learned about the use and application of ERM. (businessofgovernment.org)
- Now with lessons learned and experience using RMF over the past four years, the Army stands postured to pivot from compliance to a threat-informed risk management process. (army.mil)
- Thycotic's research shows Privileged Access Management is a Top Risk and Compliance requirement, yet it's significantly failing to be fully implemented meaning that most companies fall short on compliance for privileged access. (thycotic.com)
- It reveals major risk and compliance gaps in the way organizations manage and secure their privileged accounts and access to sensitive systems, infrastructure and data. (thycotic.com)
- But the results also confirm that many organizations fail to mitigate the risk or put effective security controls in place to meet compliance. (thycotic.com)
- We help clients assess, design and implement scalable and sustainable application security that addresses their risk and compliance requirements while improving business processes. (ey.com)
- In addition, through the foundation of the Risk and Reg platform, we assist our clients across all three lines of defense to ensure that they effectively comply with applicable tax and regulatory requirements, test and monitor for compliance and control, and help remediate any identified deficiencies. (pwc.com)
- In addition, Protiviti supports organizations in their efforts to prevent and detect fraud risk at every level, from fraud risk governance and employee training to fraud audits and fraud monitoring programs that helping organizations face changing global demands with confidence. (protiviti.com)
- Our Model Risk Management Governance Manager will manage the model risk governance team and oversee the implementation of model risk management framework across the bank. (huntingtonbank.jobs)
- The governance team is expected to collaborate with Segment Risk Officers and model owners/users throughout the organization to ensure MRM policy is implemented in accordance with regulatory guidance and the Bank's model risk policy. (huntingtonbank.jobs)
- Moreover, players with an existing commercial marketing and supply model must blend the classical approach with the previously described trading one-reaching a consistent concept for commercial steering and governance, performance and incentive management, and target behavior and culture. (bcg.com)
- Prior to attempts, individuals often seek help, prompting practitioners to perform risk assessments that ideally use evidence-based risk management strategies. (nih.gov)
- It shows them how to carry out operational risk assessments and incident investigationsbased on methodologies used by the UK's Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) and the United States Coast Guard (USCG). (lr.org)
- The method is also potentially applicable to risk assessments of activities other than DOE Environmental Management activities if rapid quantitative results are desired. (unt.edu)
- The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (Commission) proposes to approve supply chain risk management Reliability Standards CIP-013-1 (Cyber Security-Supply Chain Risk Management), CIP-005-6 (Cyber Security-Electronic Security Perimeter(s)) and CIP-010-3 (Cyber Security-Configuration Change Management and Vulnerability Start Printed Page 3434 Assessments). (federalregister.gov)
- While not a part of the board, such committees nonetheless can contribute to the board's risk oversight. (protiviti.com)
- PwC helps improve the "digital fitness" of risk management by working within the client's risk management functions to systematically co-create new technology-enabled control structures, processes and tools that enable it to broaden the scale and scope of its oversight abilities and to deliver data-driven intelligence to multiple stakeholders. (pwc.com)
- The subcommittee was renamed for the 115th United States Congress (2017). (wikipedia.org)
- 2017). H.R. 6083 - 112th Congress: Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2012. (govtrack.us)
- Over the next five years, Publisher projects that Risk Analysis Management will register a xx% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ xx million by 2023, from US$ xx million in 2017. (openpr.com)
- To study and analyze the global Risk Analysis Management market size by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023. (openpr.com)
- We then use this framework on three case studies of wildfires in California, Montana, and Wyoming, each of which used a different strategy for managing the fire, to understand whether approaching communication more holistically can lead to more desired natural hazard management outcomes. (ssrn.com)
- By focusing on core elements of successful, connected, and committed communities, emergency management can collectively achieve better outcomes in times of crisis, while enhancing the resilience of communities. (oecd.org)
- Enabling organizations to ensure adherence with ever-changing regulatory obligations, manage risk, increase efficiency, and produce better business outcomes. (wolterskluwer.com)
- This study documents outcomes and lessons learned from the State pilot programs. (usda.gov)
- Improve clinical, financial and patient outcomes with real-time data analytics and decision support for quality management, CDI leadership and patient safety teams to track, analyze and benchmark performance. (nuance.com)
- While there is risk that the Army is able to assume or mitigate, there also is risk that needs to be addressed before authorization can be granted. (army.mil)
- Examples of risk that the Army can assume or mitigate are vulnerabilities found on a closed or restricted network, or findings that are awaiting completion of documentation. (army.mil)
- The Chaoyang Firm aims to turn price volatility in raw material and manufactured products into tradable derivative products, and help producers mitigate risks in massive price fluctuations and inventory loss," the statement said. (reuters.com)
- Protiviti's Fraud Risk Management consultants help organizations build a solid infrastructure for evaluating, mitigating and monitoring their risk of fraud and misconduct. (protiviti.com)
- Directs risk management personnel and activities, and develops and implements self-insurance coverages for businesses and organizations, utilizing knowledge of tax and insurance strategies, securities, insurance, pension plans, and real estate. (salaryexpert.com)
- The majority of organizations begin to implement Privileged Access Management only after a failed audit or major cyber security attack, sometimes costing the organization millions of dollars. (thycotic.com)
- The report highlights the fact that the risk associated with privileged accounts is extremely high to organizations, yet so many fail to put complete, effective and measurable security controls in place to reduce these risks. (thycotic.com)
- Organizations that identify, manage and respond to these risks well are positioned to grow and remain successful. (ey.com)
- Organizations need to look beyond manageable risks (financial, operational, regulatory), better align their risk and business objectives, improve coordination and alignment of risk activities across the organization, and more effectively leverage technology so that they can better respond to their different risks. (ey.com)
- Organizations need to focus on the risks that directly affect their purpose and business strategy. (ey.com)
- Organizations that methodically identify, assess and respond to these risks are better equipped to define responses that reduce the negative impact of risk while maximizing their potential. (ey.com)
- Once organizations have determined their risk response plans or strategy, they need to align their functions, allocate resources and design risk management processes to efficiently and effectively execute their strategy. (ey.com)
- Organizations have historically dispersed responsibility for risk activities to specific functions. (ey.com)
- Organizations that embed risk management responses in the core of their business are better able to respond to risk and drive performance. (ey.com)
- The solution is designed to help a wider range of organizations manage cyber risk associated with common malware-related threats. (apple.com)
- The new solution is designed to help a wider range of organizations better manage and protect themselves from cyber risk associated with ransomware and other malware-related threats, which are the most common threats faced by organizations today. (apple.com)
- 1 This fact, combined with low adoption of cyber insurance, 2 an active adversary, a fragmented security technology market and a security skills shortage, means it is difficult for many organizations to understand and manage this risk effectively. (apple.com)
- Organizations urgently need to be managing these risks from both the technical and the financial perspective," said Jason Hogg, CEO, Aon Cyber Solutions . (apple.com)
- SAI Global helps organizations proactively manage risk to create trust and achieve business confidence, growth, and sustainability. (saiglobal.com)
- 2 That increase is likely due to the growing complexity of the risks inherent in the organization's strategy and business model and increasing sophistication of risk management infrastructure. (protiviti.com)
- For example, in financial institutions, commodity-based businesses or operations with hazardous activities, the MRC may focus on managing specific risks inherent in the business model that either are not managed by the business units or are more effectively managed enterprisewide, consistent with a portfolio view. (protiviti.com)
- Most notably, in the Risk Alert, OCIE acknowledged the ability of adviser personnel to use personal devices, social media and texting/IM for business purposes, provided the adviser maintained policies and procedures to comply with the relevant regulations. (mondaq.com)
- The Risk Alert suggests that it is a good time to review your firm's practices, as well as policies and procedures, concerning the use of personal devices, social media and texting/IM for business purposes. (mondaq.com)
- Reducing the security risk to business "crown jewels" on your IBM z Systems® mainframe. (ibm.com)
- Increase your confidence gained from better knowledge of risks which can help improve overall business performance. (lr.org)
- According to the National Association of Corporate Directors ("NACD"), "there are number of things that Boards need to do as the number and magnitude of business risks increase. (mondaq.com)
- Collaborate with model owners and users across different lines of business including market risk, interest rate risk, credit risk, marketing analytics, fraud, capital planning, and AML/BSA. (huntingtonbank.jobs)
- His sites also provide a detailed listing of online tools and resources concerning business credit issues as well as information about the Global Management Credit Group (GCMG), a 'virtual organization. (amazon.com)
- The team applies rigorous, solution-oriented analysis and machine learning techniques to help Business Units serve customer better by enabling 360 degree of the customer/business which will result in new revenue, high approval rate for new applicants, effective marketing and efficient risk management. (velvetjobs.com)
- however, it provides preferential accounting treatment for derivative instruments that effectively hedge the underlying business risk. (ssrn.com)
- The Office of Credit Risk Management (OCRM) for the United States Small Business Administration (SBA) manages the program credit risk and lender performance for the SBA 7(a) and 504 loan programs, which collectively comprise a portfolio of over $100 billion and engages with over 4,400 lending partners. (sba.gov)
- If operating a business requires taking risks, are you taking the right ones? (ey.com)
- That purpose is achieved through a series of strategic business decisions that require taking risks - these risks impact business performance. (ey.com)
- Transforming the way they manage risk requires business to challenge the way they think about, identify, manage, and, respond to it. (ey.com)
- They execute their risk response plans more effectively and can prevent, adapt and anticipate risk that would otherwise undermine their business strategy. (ey.com)
- We help clients improve their overall mix of controls while reducing risk exposure so that they can better focus on running their business. (ey.com)
- Business and government leaders face unprecedented risk from disasters, geopolitical shifts, and security threats. (esri.com)
- Offering the latest research and recommendations to help you transform your security strategy and build resilience across the enterprise, this year's event delivers leading-edge thinking on key topics such as agile architectures, business continuity management (BCM), cloud security, privacy and securing IoT. (gartner.com)
- Powered by Business Analytics, Financial Crime Risk Management Platform Reporting provides access to data and analysis across your enterprise. (fiserv.com)
- For more information on Business Analytics Financial Crime Risk Management Platform Reporting and other Fiserv solutions, call us at 800-872-7882 or click below. (fiserv.com)
- The Board's duty is to supervise the management of the business and affairs of CIBC. (cibc.com)
- Board agendas continue to be influenced by financial, operational, and societal risks that impact business decisions. (pwc.com)
- Our platforms and integrated solutions allow PwC to harness the power of the whole firm to address the risks that have the most strategic importance to business performance today. (pwc.com)
- Lastly, recent regulatory and mandate guidance has required most regulated industries to perform Vendor Risk Management as part of their security strategy. (youtube.com)
- OneSumX Liquidity Risk Management, which forms part of our Risk suite of solutions, introduces a risk management, stress engine and regulatory reporting platform to help firms monitor, manage and report on liquidity risk. (wolterskluwer.com)
- NIST - The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is a measurement standards laboratory, and a non-regulatory agency of the United States Department of Commerce. (thycotic.com)
- We invest in our understanding of emerging policies and risk events, and advise our clients on how they should engage as those policies evolve through the legislative and regulatory process. (pwc.com)
- This is particularly important in times of uncertainty in trade policy, regulation and the risks created by the rapid advancement of emerging technologies," said David Sapin, PwC US Risk & Regulatory Consulting leader. (pwc.com)
- The report further states that PwC is best-in class at "help[ing] clients proactively translate the impact of changing policy and regulatory expectations on their strategy and operations and develop innovative and cost-effective strategies and solutions to operationalize the need for stronger supervisory controls around emerging risk areas such as data privacy. (pwc.com)
- Compiles records of insurance policies covering risks to property and equipment of organization. (erieri.com)
- As a matter of fact, fraud risk exists in every organization - just in varying degrees. (protiviti.com)
- Find out about KONE's organization structure, management and board members. (kone.com)
- See what's happening throughout the organization, create robust risk mitigation plans, and know where to allocate resources. (esri.com)
- Educe Group, a global leader in talent management consulting services, today announced they have successfully passed a Service Organization Control (SOC) 2 Type 1 examination. (prlog.org)
- At the top, it starts with an understanding of external trends in legislation, regulation and public policy, then proceeds to drive execution down through the client organization as it impacts strategy, operations and risk management. (pwc.com)
- PwC works with clients to fine tune risk appetite measures to increase their relevance and application, drive ownership and accountability, and enhance confidence and clarity in taking risk to deliver real value at all levels of the organization. (pwc.com)
- Understanding organizational vulnerabilities and establishing an appropriate framework to identify and respond to them are essential in today's global marketplace, as regulators are demanding more active management and investigation for a wide range of risks, including financial crime, fraud and corruption. (protiviti.com)
- In this presentation we review progress towards the implementation of a risk-based management framework for U.S. Federal wildland fire policy and operations. (fed.us)
- The Army is launching Project Sentinel to adapt the current Risk Management Framework (RMF) process into a streamlined threat-informed risk decision process. (army.mil)
- The Army adopted the Risk Management Framework in 2015. (army.mil)
- In addition to focusing on a threat-based risk framework, Sentinel will look to institute a risk threshold. (army.mil)
- It and provides a strategic framework to guide all members of the emergency management community and integrates Whole Community concepts into their daily practices. (oecd.org)
- There are several merits to consider when evaluating whether to organize an MRC - for example, ensuring successful implementation of the organization's approach to enterprise risk management (ERM), focusing management attention on specific risk areas (e.g., technology, litigation and environmental issues), identifying emerging risks, and helping the company anticipate and react to disruptive events and trends. (protiviti.com)
- The committee's deliberations can enhance the risk dialogue in the C-suite and boardroom by sharpening the focus on critical enterprise risks and emerging risks. (protiviti.com)
- Executive Director of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) will be responsible for managing , facilitating and overseeing the Enterprise Risk Management Program. (erieri.com)
- If you have any questions please contact Enterprise Risk Management . (mun.ca)
- Traditional Risk Management vs Enterprise Risk Management: Which Approach Is The Best Choice For Your Company? (mondaq.com)
- The NACD supports the proposition that Boards need greater awareness of risk and a more disciplined board review of enterprise risk management ("ERM"), which is different from traditional risk management. (mondaq.com)
- How does traditional risk management differ from enterprise risk management? (mondaq.com)
- As the leading enterprise security company, we know that in a digital world security must come first, and our integrated security architecture reduces customers' overall risk of exposure to ransomware and malware attacks," said Chuck Robbins, Chairman and CEO, Cisco . (apple.com)
- Ransomware is an evolving risk that impacts every level of an enterprise. (apple.com)
- Enterprise Risk Management in Action: Mission Success in the 21st Century. (businessofgovernment.org)
- We first describe new developments in wildfire simulation technology that catalyzed the development of risk-based decision support systems for strategic wildfire management. (fed.us)
- These systems include new analytical methods to measure wildfire risk to human and ecological values and to inform fuel treatment investment strategies at national, regional, and local scales. (fed.us)
- The new wildfire risk management tools we discuss provide Federal agencies in the U.S. the ability to integrate risk-informed approaches to a wide range of wildfire management responsibilities and decisions. (fed.us)
- While much progress has been made, there remain several barriers that need to be addressed to fully integrate risk science into current wildfire management practices. (fed.us)
- In this article, we bring together the best practices and theoretical literature from risk communication and crisis communication and empirical literature on wildfire communication to derive the key characteristics associated with best communication practices. (ssrn.com)
- Often, the objective is to make the management of its "in scope" risks - such as interest rate risk, currency risk, commodity price risk, credit risk, catastrophic risk, and health, safety and environmental risk - an organizational core competency. (protiviti.com)
- Successfully trading and optimizing the entire commercial commodity value chain in commoditized and traded markets requires agile and scalable operating models, entrepreneurial and risk-accepting organizational cultures, and skill sets that many companies will find foreign. (bcg.com)
- Nuance Risk Management powered by the Clarity Healthcare SafetyZone ® Portal is a web-based, healthcare incident reporting and patient safety management system that enables you to collect and analyze data, facilitate internal communication, manage follow‑up, and foster organizational learning to support all your risk, quality, and safety initiatives. (nuance.com)
- Such measures are a good start, but they need to be part of a comprehensive and ongoing fraud risk management strategy that includes third-party due diligence , fraud auditing, brainstorming sessions and data analytics . (protiviti.com)
- Description The Risk Analyst reports to Corporate Concentration Risk Management and is responsible for refinement of existing portfolio performance analytics, supporting analysis for risk appetite and risk limits, and development of. (velvetjobs.com)
- Munich Re Trading Creates a Risk Analytics Platform with. (mathworks.com)
- The House Subcommittee on General Farm Commodities and Risk Management is a subcommittee within the House Agriculture Committee. (wikipedia.org)
- SINGAPORE (Reuters) - China Petrochemical Corp, or Sinopec Group, has started hiring for six top management positions for a new commodities risk management unit, according to a statement posted on the state energy company's official wechat account on Sunday. (reuters.com)
- The new entity, based in Shanghai and affiliated to Sinopec's existing commodities futures brokerage arm, is a pilot programme spearheaded by the group's asset management department, the firm said. (reuters.com)
- Risk Management Manager salaries at U.S. Bank can range from $72,444 - $125,000. (glassdoor.com)
- See all Risk Management Manager salaries to learn how this stacks up in the market. (glassdoor.com)
- Check out the latest Risk Management Manager Jobs or see Risk Management Manager Salaries at other companies. (glassdoor.com)
- Risk Management Manager salaries at American Express TRS can range from $105,290 - $114,092. (glassdoor.com)
- See all Risk Management Manager Salaries. (glassdoor.com)
- Company also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. (velvetjobs.com)
- 1. What does risk readiness mean in today's world and what are the top five information management risks most discussed by General Counsel today? (law.com)
- 3. Five things to look for to find modern solutions to the modern problems of the five hot risks in today's world and for dealing with the new regulations from U.S., Europe and beyond, relating to information management. (law.com)
- The Silver Jackets program provides a formal and consistent strategy for an interagency approach to planning and implementing measures to reduce the risks associated with flooding and other natural hazards. (iea.org)
- The Whole Community Approach to Emergency Management engages government at all levels with communities and individuals when responding to disasters. (oecd.org)
- This approach is not intended to be an all-encompassing or focused on any specific phase of emergency management or level of government, nor does it offer specific, prescriptive actions that require communities or emergency managers to adopt certain protocols. (oecd.org)
- Rather, the approach provides an overview of core principles, key themes, and pathways for action that have been synthesized from a year-long national dialogue initiated by the Federal Emergency Management Agency around practices already used in the field. (oecd.org)
- These three principles -understanding and meeting the actual needs of the whole community, engaging and empowering all parts of the community, and strengthening what works well in communities on a daily basis-provide a foundation for pursuing a Whole Community approach to emergency management through which security and resiliency can be attained. (oecd.org)
- The United States' traditional approach to managing the risks associated with these disasters relies heavily on the government. (oecd.org)
- Therefore, preparing for disasters requires a community-centric approach for emergency management that focuses on strengthening and leveraging what works well in communities on a daily basis. (oecd.org)
- This modern approach to risk management saves time, money, and lives. (esri.com)
- Reflecting on the crisis, Mills further explained that many Institutions had a siloed approach to risk management. (digitaljournal.com)
- This innovative approach to information management breaks down data silos to help you gain a more complete view of customer behavior, product utilization and financial performance. (fiserv.com)
- Regulators are continuing to apply greater focus on liquidity risk within firms, resulting in a heightened importance of assessing and monitoring liquidity risk more effectively. (wolterskluwer.com)
- As an integrated cash management and fixed income team, we are perfectly positioned to recognise that sometimes you may have bespoke liquidity needs which are not fulfilled by a standard fund solution. (northerntrust.com)
- Wow, I can't believe I can say that the financial crisis was a decade ago," said Chris Mills, Managing Director of Model Validation Services for MountainView, a Situs company, during Wednesday's liquidity risk webinar. (digitaljournal.com)
- Now, 10 years later, financial industry executives are assessing whether their financial risk management strategies will enable them to meet ongoing cash and collateral obligations if another crisis, or liquidity event, occurs. (digitaljournal.com)
- Indeed, since the crisis, regulators identified that ineffective liquidity risk management was a key contributor to the crisis. (digitaljournal.com)
- Watch the webinar on-demand , download the slides, or contact MountainView to find out whether your institution has put in place appropriate liquidity risk management strategies. (digitaljournal.com)
- According to the report, "leading consulting firms go beyond offering expert advice to supporting clients through multi-disciplinary and sustained initiatives focused on upgrading the people, process, and tools that collectively activate risk management at both the strategic and operational levels. (pwc.com)
- The aggregate risk score for a given door corresponds to a menu of possible access solutions. (access-board.gov)
- It discusses how this platform-based software interacts with other SAS Risk solutions. (sas.com)
- How zSecure™ solutions help manage risk, automate operations, improve efficiency, minimize complexity and enhance security. (ibm.com)
- These companies evaluate risks of every type and complexity and offer expertise, financial strength, and innovative solutions to strengthen your market position and create lasting value. (munichre.com)
- Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. helps clients succeed by offering traditional reinsurance coverages, specialty reinsurance and insurance products and innovative risk-transfer and capital-management solutions, across all non-life lines. (munichre.com)
- With risk management strength and biometric expertise, along with unmatched capacity, Munich American Reassurance Company develops customized solutions for clients to meet the challenges of medical advances, demographics trends and changing lifestyles. (munichre.com)
- Through our two US-based Risk Solutions units, we offer insurance solutions for corporate clients and industrial firms. (munichre.com)
- Alongside BCG's global risk-review program, those with risk management jobs help the firm's functional groups clarify risk ownership, evaluate risk management approaches, perform functional reviews, and implement solutions. (bcg.com)
- We're not satisfied until we've created an ambitious promotional campaign that can drive your sales and cap your exposure to risk at the same time. (opia.com)
- If you were to take on the risk yourself without Opia's services you would have to reserve the full exposure within your P&L restricting your ability to invest in other programs which may be required during the promotional period. (opia.com)
- A New Look at Hedging with Derivatives: Will Firms Reduce Market Risk Exposure? (ssrn.com)
- Using national surveillance data, Legionnaires' disease cases were characterized from the 21 jurisdictions (20 U.S. states and one large metropolitan area) that reported exposure information for ≥90% of 2015 Legionella infections. (cdc.gov)
- The main objective of this research is to evaluate health-risk distributions for plutonium (Pu) inhalation-exposure scenarios relevant to environmental management of plutonium dioxide (PuO2)-contaminated sites. (unt.edu)
- This collective knowledge enables us to carry out a detailed analysis of the key risks you face and their possible accounting and reporting impacts. (ey.com)
- Report Primary Property or Casualty Line claims online (Auto Liability, General Liability, Property, and Aerospace) using the AIG claim reporting site, which facilitates State and Loss Notice form reports and submission to the appropriate claim office. (aig.com)
- Formally known as Sinopec Chaoyang Risk Management Co and with a registered capital of 300 million yuan ($42.40 million), the new firm will provide financial services for the oil and chemical sector including hedging and inventory management, Sinopec said. (reuters.com)
- Opia's promotional risk management insurance gives you the creative freedom to run the most compelling sales promotions whilst locking down your costs and removing the financial risk of over-redemption, so you can rest easy and watch the sales roll in. (opia.com)
- Cloud-based application security offering that mitigates security risks for web, cloud and mobile applications. (ibm.com)
- Learn how IBM Application Security on Cloud helps to manage and reduce risk in your mission-critical application portfolio. (ibm.com)
- If you do not have third party risk management as part of your security strategy you potentially have a major gap in your program. (youtube.com)
- Under the umbrella of BarrettWells Credit Resources (www.barrettwells.co.uk and www.barrettwells.com), Ron Wells has gathered materials that explore credit management, payment security instruments, credit scoring and other related topics. (amazon.com)
- In 2012, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) introduced a Whole Community emergency management strategy to coordinate all levels of government, increaseindividual preparedness, and engagewith members of the community as vital partners to strengthen resiliency and security of the United States. (oecd.org)
- Cyber security risk is growing. (apple.com)
- Cisco Security technology is central to the new holistic risk management solution and we are excited to bring another important benefit to our customers with greater options for cyber insurance. (apple.com)
- This is a final rule amending the NASA FAR Supplement (NFS) to emphasize considerations of risk management, including safety, security (including information technology security), health, export control, and damage to the environment, within the acquisition process. (federalregister.gov)
- The Global Congress on Travel Risk Management offers travel professionals the chance to learn about best practices and current policies, the latest safety and security products and services available and the most recent research being conducted around the world. (sourcesecurity.com)
- The ETS Risk Management Travel Security Wing ExploreSecure® is releasing its Travel Security animated modules to its YouTube Channel and providing access to anyone for free. (prlog.org)
- 23: Information security policy, risk management standards. (23hq.com)
- Information security policy, risk management standards and procedure templates developed by our team of Certified Information Systems Security professionals! (23hq.com)
- Crash reports from department databases were reviewed to characterize the context, circumstances, hazards and risks of ESVCs. (biomedcentral.com)
- For rentals in excess of 30 days outside of the United States and Canada you will be required to purchase (at the expense of the rental department/faculty or research grant), additional insurance from the rental agency as the university's insurance policies will not apply. (mun.ca)
- James W. Pease is Professor in the Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia, USA. (ebay.co.uk)
- Larry D. Sanders is Professor and Economist in the Department of Agricultural Economics, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA. (ebay.co.uk)
- Description Position Description Company Firm Risk Management Department is seeking a candidate for the Risk Management COO Projects team based in New York to focus as a Project Manager covering Cross-Risk projects. (velvetjobs.com)
- Your submission to Department of Risk Management and Insurance has been sent. (petersons.com)
- Georgia State University / Department of Risk Management and Insurance is located in Atlanta, GA, in an urban setting. (petersons.com)
- The University of Texas at Austin / Department of Information, Risk, and Operations Management is located in Austin, TX, in an urban setting. (petersons.com)
- This report presents a simplified method to assess the health and safety risk of Environmental Management activities of the US Department of Energy (DOE). (unt.edu)
- Serving as both a federal and a state depository library, the UNT Libraries Government Documents Department maintains millions of items in a variety of formats. (unt.edu)
- The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) will provide benefits to veterans that the VA has determined suffer from PTSD, which developed during, or as a result of, their military service. (wikipedia.org)
- This paper examines the effect of the accounting standard for derivative instruments (SFAS No. 133) on corporate risk-management behavior. (ssrn.com)
- CVD risk factors of suboptimal blood pressure, lipids, and glycemic control are controllable through medical management and lifestyle behavior modification. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Environmental, Risk Management & Safety, Inc. (bbb.org)
- The method applies to all types of Environmental Management activities including waste management, environmental restoration, and decontamination and decommissioning. (unt.edu)
- Office of Environmental Restoration and Waste Management. (unt.edu)
- Office of Environmental Management. (unt.edu)
- Fraud prevention is the baseline of fraud risk management and has traditionally consisted of simple controls designed to set an ethical and moral tone and limit the opportunity of fraud. (protiviti.com)
- Our team's unique amalgamation of anti-corruption, fraud risk management and investigative subject matter expertise can quickly identify program shortcomings and remediate your critical programs. (protiviti.com)
- Platform dashboards track and display activity and trends in the Fraud Risk Manager™ and AML Manager applications. (fiserv.com)
- From the interactive dashboard, you can track information on alerts, CTRs, SARs and other activity in AML Manager and Fraud Risk Manager. (fiserv.com)
- In this webinar, you will learn how MATLAB can be used to streamline the development of energy trading and risk management applications from inception to deployment. (mathworks.com)
- This webinar presents an example of computing cash-flow-at-risk and expected profit from operating a portfolio of gas-fired plants. (mathworks.com)
- This webinar is for practitioners or academics in energy trading whose focus is quantitative analysis, modeling, risk management, or deal valuation. (mathworks.com)
- This webinar follows the creation of a value-at-risk application from its inception through data integration, modeling, and finally deployment. (mathworks.com)
- The methodology assigns numeric risk scores to several watertight integrity safety factors including door location and use, downflooding path, and vessel service. (access-board.gov)
- They can use location intelligence to visualize risk on smart maps, find patterns and trends in big data, and communicate seamlessly during risk mitigation and response. (esri.com)
- This has resulted in silos that can prevent critical information from reaching key decision-makers and undermine risk management. (ey.com)
- Essing further notes, "PwC Risk Assurance and Advisory services seeks to enhance value from client risk management programs by embedding accountability for risk deep into front-line decision making while simultaneously elevating awareness of risk by key decision makers in pursuing strategic objectives. (pwc.com)
- Ron's speaking engagements have included several presentations for FCIB, including 'Practical Country Risk and Bank Risk Management,' 'The Role of the International Credit Manager' and 'Generic International Trade Credit ScoreCard. (amazon.com)
- Since the founding of the country, the United States has sought to compensate the men and women who have served in its armed forces. (wikipedia.org)
- The Revised Policy states that when those standards are met, "there will be a presumption that the company will receive a declination absent "aggravating circumstances" involving the seriousness of the offense or nature of the offender. (mondaq.com)
- The group's trading arms such as Unipec and Sinopec Fuel Oil Company operate their own risk management teams. (reuters.com)
- Company provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name Company National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. (velvetjobs.com)
- Policies and annuities issued by American General Life Insurance Company (AGL), Houston, TX except in New York, where issued by The United States Life Insurance Company in the City of New York (US Life). (aig.com)
- The principal goal of the PhD program in insurance and risk management is to prepare students for careers as college and university faculty members wi. (gradschools.com)
- How much does a Insurance and Risk Management Director make in the United States? (salaryexpert.com)
- The average insurance and risk management director salary in United States is $137,061 or an equivalent hourly rate of $66. (salaryexpert.com)
- An entry level insurance and risk management director (1-3 years of experience) earns an average salary of $94,676. (salaryexpert.com)
- On the other end, a senior level insurance and risk management director (8+ years of experience) earns an average salary of $170,808. (salaryexpert.com)
- If you are renting in either the United States or Canada for a period of greater than 30 days you must complete a Request for Motor Vehicle form and forward it to the Procurement Officer with Facilities Management, so that the vehicle can added to the university's automobile insurance policy. (mun.ca)
- In the United States, Munich Re operates through several US-based subsidiaries that provide coverage for non-life, life, or health insurance or reinsurance issues. (munichre.com)
- This compensation analysis is based on salary survey data collected directly from employers and anonymous employees in Maine, United States. (erieri.com)
- Learn 10 best practices to reduce risk for systems, applications and data residing on the mainframe. (ibm.com)
- Much of the new United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) remains consistent with NAFTA, but improvements include chapters on digital trade, intellectual property protection, and cross-border data flows. (heritage.org)
- We used data from the 2013 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) to assess the clustering of the 5 behaviors among 395,343 BRFSS respondents aged 21 years or older. (cdc.gov)
- Nuance Risk Management is not just a home for data-it's a driver for improvement. (nuance.com)
- The Clarity PSO offers healthcare providers the opportunity to participate in patient safety and quality improvement efforts without the risk of losing the protection of data confidentiality or fearing discovery in the case of potential litigation. (nuance.com)
- By clicking "Accept and Continue" below, (1) you consent to these activities unless and until you withdraw your consent using our rights request form, and (2) you consent to allow your data to be transferred, processed, and stored in the United States. (medicalnewstoday.com)