Firefighters: Professional or volunteer members of a fire department who are trained to suppress fire and respond to related emergency.FiresRescue Work: Activities devoted to freeing persons or animals from danger to life or well-being in accidents, fires, bombings, floods, earthquakes, other disasters and life-threatening conditions. While usually performed by team efforts, rescue work is not restricted to organized services.Emergency Medical Technicians: Paramedical personnel trained to provide basic emergency care and life support under the supervision of physicians and/or nurses. These services may be carried out at the site of the emergency, in the ambulance, or in a health care institution.Diabetes, Gestational: Diabetes mellitus induced by PREGNANCY but resolved at the end of pregnancy. It does not include previously diagnosed diabetics who become pregnant (PREGNANCY IN DIABETICS). Gestational diabetes usually develops in late pregnancy when insulin antagonistic hormones peaks leading to INSULIN RESISTANCE; GLUCOSE INTOLERANCE; and HYPERGLYCEMIA.September 11 Terrorist Attacks: Terrorism on September 11, 2001 against targets in New York, the Pentagon in Virginia, and an aborted attack that ended in Pennsylvania.Fire Extinguishing Systems: Automatic or hand operated equipment used to control and extinguish fires.Journalism: The collection, preparation, and distribution of news and related commentary and feature materials through such media as pamphlets, newsletters, newspapers, magazines, radio, motion pictures, television, and books. While originally applied to the reportage of current events in printed form, specifically newspapers, with the advent of radio and television the use of the term has broadened to include all printed and electronic communication dealing with current affairs.Employee Discipline: Regulations or conditions imposed on employees by management in order to correct or prevent behaviors which are counterproductive to the organization.Journalism, Dental: Content, management, editing, policies, and printing of dental periodicals such as journals, newsletters, tabloids, and bulletins.ChicagoInvestments: Use for articles on the investing of funds for income or profit.Employee Grievances: Formal procedures whereby the employee expresses any dissatisfaction or feeling of injustice regarding the work situation.IllinoisPharmacists: Those persons legally qualified by education and training to engage in the practice of pharmacy.Contracts: Agreements between two or more parties, especially those that are written and enforceable by law (American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 4th ed). It is sometimes used to characterize the nature of the professional-patient relationship.Strikes, Employee: Work-related situations in which the employees as a group refuse to work until certain conditions of employment are granted by the employer.Community Pharmacy Services: Total pharmaceutical services provided to the public through community pharmacies.Bees: Insect members of the superfamily Apoidea, found almost everywhere, particularly on flowers. About 3500 species occur in North America. They differ from most WASPS in that their young are fed honey and pollen rather than animal food.Contract Services: Outside services provided to an institution under a formal financial agreement.CaliforniaSchools, Pharmacy: Educational institutions for individuals specializing in the field of pharmacy.Education, Pharmacy: Formal instruction, learning, or training in the preparation, dispensing, and proper utilization of drugs in the field of medicine.Pharmacies: Facilities for the preparation and dispensing of drugs.Metronidazole: A nitroimidazole used to treat AMEBIASIS; VAGINITIS; TRICHOMONAS INFECTIONS; GIARDIASIS; ANAEROBIC BACTERIA; and TREPONEMAL INFECTIONS. It has also been proposed as a radiation sensitizer for hypoxic cells. According to the Fourth Annual Report on Carcinogens (NTP 85-002, 1985, p133), this substance may reasonably be anticipated to be a carcinogen (Merck, 11th ed).Digoxin: A cardiotonic glycoside obtained mainly from Digitalis lanata; it consists of three sugars and the aglycone DIGOXIGENIN. Digoxin has positive inotropic and negative chronotropic activity. It is used to control ventricular rate in ATRIAL FIBRILLATION and in the management of congestive heart failure with atrial fibrillation. Its use in congestive heart failure and sinus rhythm is less certain. The margin between toxic and therapeutic doses is small. (From Martindale, The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 30th ed, p666)Phenytoin: An anticonvulsant that is used to treat a wide variety of seizures. It is also an anti-arrhythmic and a muscle relaxant. The mechanism of therapeutic action is not clear, although several cellular actions have been described including effects on ion channels, active transport, and general membrane stabilization. The mechanism of its muscle relaxant effect appears to involve a reduction in the sensitivity of muscle spindles to stretch. Phenytoin has been proposed for several other therapeutic uses, but its use has been limited by its many adverse effects and interactions with other drugs.
Pennsylvania Association of Staff Nurses and Allied Professionals
George, "Wills Eye Workers Vote to Unionize," Philadelphia Business Journal, March 27, 2006. "Jeanes Hospital Nurses Unionize ... Unionized members of PNA became increasingly dissatisfied with the poor representation and low militancy of the nurses ... "Jeanes Hospital Nurses Unionize." Philadelphia Business Journal. May 17, 2007. Logue, Timothy. "Nurses Overwhelmingly Approve ... At a national meeting of unionized nurses sponsored by the California Nurses Association (CNA) in March 2000, CNA staff ...
University of Oregon Graduate Teaching Fellows Federation
Graduate student employee unionization
The number of unionized graduate employees nearly tripled from 14,060 unionized graduate students in 1990 to 38,750 graduate ... to unionize. The large California State University system, the third university system, unionized in 2006. Also in 2006, ... The next to unionize was the University of Oregon and three Florida universities: University of Florida, Florida A&M, and the ... Permission to unionize was finally approved by the Florida Supreme Court: United Faculty of Florida, Local 1847 v. Board of ...
Richfield Bus Company
University of Victoria Students' Society
Glass, Molders, Pottery, Plastics and Allied Workers International Union
Wedge Community Co-op
In 2015, the Wedge became the first consumer co-op in the Twin Cities metro area to unionize. In 2016 the members voted to ... "Workers at the Wedge Co-op vote to unionize". Star Tribune. Retrieved 2017-12-03. "In ambitious Mpls. co-op merger, Wedge and ... In November 2015, employees of the Wedge Lyndale location voted 76 to 31 to unionize it's retail location. In January 2008, the ... Gregory, Pratt (16 April 2012). "Wedge Co-op warehouse employees unionize". Retrieved 11 August 2012. "Co-op Partners Warehouse ...
Graduate Employees Together - University of Pennsylvania
"Penn graduate students move closer to unionizing with GET-UP group". Retrieved 2017-04-16. "Grad Employees Re-Unionize at New ... As can be gleaned from the DP exit poll, many graduate employees have no desire to unionize. As mentioned earlier, the two ... "NYU Grad Students Permitted To Unionize , News , The Harvard Crimson". www.thecrimson.com. Retrieved 2017-04-16. "Penn grad ... the National Labor Relations Board overturned the decision to allow graduate students to unionize before the votes could be ...
Federation of Hospital and University Employees
Arnold S. Relman
Employee Free Choice Act
"Unionizing bill advances; Cheney threatens veto". Reuters. Reuters. 2007-02-15. Retrieved 2014-04-15. "In Unprecedented Assault ... Greenhouse, Steven (2009-01-08). "Bill Easing Unionizing Is Under Heavy Attack". New York Times. Retrieved 2010-05-02. Forbes ... "some 50 million non-unionized American workers, according to surveys, now say that they definitely or probably would join one ... "Fierce Lobbying Greets Bill to Help Workers Unionize". The New York Times. H.R. 800 See generally, Beam, Christopher (2009-03- ...
Green Valley Ranch
It is the fourth and recent Station Casinos property to be unionized. The District at Green Valley Ranch was added as a multi- ... On November 8-9, 2017, employees voted in favor of unionizing the hotel and casino property by 78% as these vote margins were ... "Green Valley Ranch workers vote to unionize". Las Vegas Review-Journal. November 10, 2017. Retrieved November 14, 2017. "The ...
Incarcerated Workers Organizing Committee
The Home Depot
Association of College and University Housing Officers-International
National Women's Soccer League Players Association
Under these laws, employees in unionized workplaces may not be compelled to join a union, nor compelled to pay for any part of ... But Unionizing Should Be". Gould, Elise; Shierholz, Heidi (2011). "The Compensation penalty of "right-to-work" laws"" (PDF). ... unionized workforces, while not assuring provisions such as adverse hearings which benefit employees. According to Tim Bartik ...
Fort Worth Fire Department
"Marty McManus Heads New Effort to Unionize Players". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. June 3, 1951. p. 62 - via Newspapers.com. "Marty ... In 1951, he led an effort to unionize professional baseball, football, and basketball players under the umbrella of the ... In 1951, McManus led an effort to unionize professional baseball, football, and basketball players under the umbrella of the ...
Canadian Hockey League Players' Association
Jabez Bunting Snowball
Save Our Secret Ballot
Largo Medical Center
The Story Behind the Unjust Shutdown of Gothamist and DNAinfo | The New Yorker
Anna Heyward writes about the unionizing efforts at the local-news Web Gothamist and DNAinfo, and their eventual closure by ... The mission in unionizing, Whitford said, was, "We want this to be a place thats good to work at and stay. To keep the ... "Anyone out there thinking of unionizing, dont be scared by what happened to us, because this is the worst that can happen," ... A week before the sites were shuttered, the staffs of DNAinfo and Gothamist had unionized with the Writers Guild of America, ...
Unionized cooperative - Wikipedia
Goldman Sachs Workers Unionize In Japan: Report | HuffPost
Thats right, some Goldman Sachs workers in Japan are unionizing, according to the Japan Times (h/t Dealbook). The workers made ... In addition, SEIU tried to get tellers at Bank of America and other big banks to unionize in 2009, according to CBS. ... Still, bank workers in the U.S. are unlikely to unionize any time soon. Its already been tried, anyway. In 2008, after ... American bank workers might have more reason to consider unionizing than they have in the past. Bank profits rose to a five- ...
Graduate Students Can Unionize Now | Fox Business
Columbia University graduate students are ready to vote to unionize as early as this fall, after the NLRB regional director in ... Louis University and American University have also taken steps towards unionizing, the Service Employees International Union ... It is the second time the NLRB has said graduate students can unionize. ... clearing the way for the 2004 decision that graduate students could not unionize. ...
Lombard fire lieutenants look to unionize
Lombard Fire Department lieutenants are seeking to unionize, becoming the fourth employee group in the village to join or form ... "Im disappointed they feel they need to unionize, but they have to do what they believe is best," Ware said. "Personally, Im ... Lombard Fire Department lieutenants are seeking to unionize, becoming the fourth employee group in the village to join or form ...
Private University Graduate Students Can Now Unionize - The Atlantic
The Unionizing of Graduate Students. According to a new federal ruling, those who work as teaching or research assistants at ... NEWS BRIEF Graduate students at private universities can now unionize.. The National Labor Relations Board ruled 3-1 Tuesday ... Graduate students at public universities are subject to state collective-bargaining laws, and many have already unionized. ... Before the ruling, Columbia University expressed its concerns with graduate students unionizing, saying it "could adversely ...
Unionizing | allnurses
I think there is a big misnomer that if you unionize the head organization comes in and does all the work. It is the members ... Satisfied employees dont unionize because satisfied employees are treated fairly and well and are also fairly reimbursed for ... I cant see us unionizing because there are so many people who are paranoid about even discussing it. Management is so way out ... Clearly that is why so many nurses are opting for unionized environments.. The way to get started is to research various unions ...
Tech Workers Need More Than Sentimental Reasons To Unionize | Techdirt
Unionizing these workers sounds like a good plan in my opinion. But who am I, only a low level tech support agent in a small ... Tech Workers Need More Than Sentimental Reasons To Unionize. from the workers-of-the-world,-compete! dept. Tony Long argues at ... Can tech unionize, maybe but doubtful. I have been witness to many entry level techs being mistreated and working long hours ... Ive never seen any reason for tech workers to unionize, mostly because I was there in 1999 when they were whispering about it ...
US auto workers at VW plant reject bid to unionize
Office workers' movement makes a bid to unionize - CSMonitor.com
Apple, Yahoo, eBay, Zynga, Genentech bus drivers vote to unionize - SFGate
Is Gawker's vote to unionize a turning point for Internet culture? | PBS NewsHour
... voted earlier this week in a landslide to unionize. Gabriel Arana, senior media editor at The Huffington Post, joins Alison ... Is Gawkers vote to unionize a turning point for Internet culture?. Jun 6, 2015 4:16 PM EDT. ... For the first time ever, workers at a major online media outlet, Gawker Media, have voted to unionize. ... but here you have a really young workforce voting to unionize and in a nascent and thriving industry and especially as the ...
Grad Students Win Right to Unionize in an Ivy League Case - The New York Times
Many medical interns and residents have unionized in recent years, while a group of doctors at a medical center in Oregon ... Business,Grad Students Win Right to Unionize in an Ivy League Case ... found that on balance students at the unionized universities reported having better personal relationships and "professional ... that students who work as teaching and research assistants at private universities have a federally backed right to unionize. ...
Workers Organize, but Don't Unionize, to Get Protection Under Labor Law - The New York Times
Argentina: Thousands of Unionized Workers March Against Austerity | Democracy Now!
Workers at Cottondale plant vote to unionize - News - Tuscaloosa News - Tuscaloosa, AL
Campaign staffs around U.S. starting to unionize. In Philly, some see it not working
Petition · NIMFA GAMEZ, REMAIN NEUTRAL! LET YOUR WORKERS MAKE THEIR OWN DECISION TO UNIONIZE! · Change.org
LET YOUR WORKERS MAKE THEIR OWN DECISIONS TO UNIONIZE!. Remain neutral and allow employees a fair process to decide on ... Mission Hope Day Program employees deserve the chance to make a decision to unionize without fear or intimidation. Please sign ... NIMFA GAMEZ, REMAIN NEUTRAL! LET YOUR WORKERS MAKE THEIR OWN DECISION TO UNIONIZE!. ... NIMFA GAMEZ, REMAIN NEUTRAL! LET YOUR WORKERS MAKE THEIR OWN DECISION TO UNIONIZE! ...
David J. Bercuson: Angry veterans today, a unionized Canadian military tomorrow? | National Post
Greater Boston; Intern Physicians Unionize, Scalping Tickets
Intern Physicians Unionize, Scalping Tickets. Series Description. HUB CITY AT ITS BEST. A LOOK AT EVERYTHING AND EVERYBODY ... Greater Boston; Intern Physicians Unionize, Scalping Tickets. 11/30/1999. Dr. Arnold Relman, Dr. Andrew Yacht, Robert Mendillo ... APA: Greater Boston; Intern Physicians Unionize, Scalping Tickets. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from ... MLA: "Greater Boston; Intern Physicians Unionize, Scalping Tickets." 11/30/1999. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 21, ...
Paramedics on Ontario First Nations reserve unanimously agree to unionize | rabble.ca
Tag: unionized shop. Supreme Court takes up case that will devastate public sector unions. Posted on September 29, 2017. by Ian ... Unions are required by law to bargain on behalf of every worker in a unionized shop, even if those workers opt not to join the ... As such, non-members receive the same higher wages (one study found that workers in unionized shops enjoy a wage premium of ... unionized shop, wage premiumLeave a Comment on Supreme Court takes up case that will devastate public sector unions ...
Sasha: STD fears and unionizing strip clubs | rabble.ca
Sasha: STD fears and unionizing strip clubs Please chip in to support more articles like this. Support rabble.ca in its summer ... In the United States, one strip club (better described as a live peepshow) is unionized, the Lusty Lady. The Lusty push to ... Three months after the workers unionized, the owners put the club up for sale, and in 2003 the workers purchased the club and ... In the late 70s, CABE (the Canadian Association of Burlesque Entertainers) attempted to unionize under the CLC. Failing to ...
Chicago Reader staff votes to unionize, seeking 'stronger voice' in outlet's future - Columbia Journalism Review
The Readers move follows similar efforts at Chicago Public Media, which voted to unionize in December 2013, and the Chicago- ... By contrast, the Chicago Public Media employees, who voted to unionize two months earlier, are still negotiating on the terms ... Chicago Reader staff votes to unionize, seeking stronger voice in outlets future. ... who led her newsrooms unionizing effort. "That way, you have a better shot at actually winning things at the bargaining table ...
Estimating the Union Wage Effect for Public School Teachers When All Teachers Are Unionized
The Day - Union official: L+M administrators said physicians opposed unionized offices - News from southeastern Connecticut
Union official: L+M administrators said physicians opposed unionized offices. Published January 25. 2014 12:01AM , Updated ... and eliminated seven unionized positions in the process.. Rodriguezs account of events in 2012 and 2013 that culminated in the ... "doctors who run the offices didnt want their offices to be unionized.". So said Harry Rodriguez, president of the bargaining ... Hospital proposed a lower union wage scale for employees of hospital-affiliated physician practices compared to unionized ...
1199SEIU union renews push for labor protections, possible unionizing at University of Maryland Medical Center - Daily Press
But hospital officials say no legal changes are needed to give workers the right to unionize, noting that an effort to do so ... i,Earlier versions of this article mischaracterized efforts to unionize at the University of Maryland Medical Center in 2012. ... In the fall 2012, 1199SEIU solicited employes for union membership but chose not to pursue a vote to unionize. ... Eight hospitals statewide have unionized workers, according to the Maryland Hospital Association. ...
Raley's Unionized Pharmacists Reject Contract Proposal in Second Vote, May Plan To Strike | California Healthline
The Advantages of a Unionized Workplace | Chron.com
2 [Advantages] , The Advantages of a Non-Unionized Workplace. *3 [Unionized Vs.] , Difference Between a Unionized Vs. a Non- ... The Advantages of a Unionized Workplace. by Chris Joseph A unionized workplace can benefit employers as well as workers. ... According to the U.S. Department of Labor, a 1997 study indicated that productivity in unionized workplaces was 10 percent ... "The Advantages of a Unionized Workplace." Small Business - Chron.com, http://smallbusiness.chron.com/advantages-unionized- ...
Lets unionize… or maybe not. | The Angry Pharmacist
However, your unionized/non-unionized techs may or may not be qualified to work for you are forced to take breaks and ... we must unionize "NOW" BEFORE TOMORROW COMES OR WERE ALL VENDING MACHINES! we must unionize before dec 21 2012. please do it ... Lets unionize… or maybe not.. September 6, 2009. theangrypharmacist 88 Comments As I was reading a drunken rant by The Angriest ... Hello! We cant unionize, we have way to many female members, who arent designed to take the stress and lack of cash flow a ...
- More analytical test methods may be available for Ammonia, Free Unionized. (settek.com)
- You often will read a consistent ammonia level in your fish tank if you are consistently feeding your fish and at times this can be as high as 2 mg/L. The amount of unionized ammonia (UIA) in the water is dependent on the water temperature and pH. (earthanedge.com)
- Clearly that is why so many nurses are opting for unionized environments. (allnurses.com)
- Unionized members of PNA became increasingly dissatisfied with the poor representation and low militancy of the nurses association. (wikipedia.org)
- At a national meeting of unionized nurses sponsored by the California Nurses Association (CNA) in March 2000, CNA staff approached PSEA HealthCare leaders and suggested forming an independent nurses association associated (but not affiliated) with CNA. (wikipedia.org)
- After a barrage of accusations that Stanford's recently-acquired ValleyCare Medical Center is a poor work environment - including allegations of worker intimidation, bribery and patient endangerment - the hospital's nurses have taken matters into their own hands and unionized. (stanforddaily.com)
Right to unionize2
- Punctuating a string of Obama-era moves to shore up labor rights and expand protections for workers, the National Labor Relations Board ruled Tuesday that students who work as teaching and research assistants at private universities have a federally backed right to unionize. (nytimes.com)
- But hospital officials say no legal changes are needed to give workers the right to unionize, noting that an effort to do so last year failed. (dailypress.com)
- Columbia University graduate students are ready to vote to unionize as early as this fall, after the NLRB regional director in New York determines who is eligible to participate in the election, Kushner said. (foxbusiness.com)
- It is the second time the NLRB has said graduate students can unionize. (foxbusiness.com)
- GET-UP's decision is the latest in a string of similar moves at other colleges, where unionizing efforts have stalled due to fear that a GOP majority will soon take over the NLRB board and dismantle the Columbia precedent. (thedp.com)
- Many non-unionized employers might be surprised to learn that they, too, are governed by the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB). (jdsupra.com)
- There have been many efforts to organize the tech sector, to organize software engineers that have been largely unsuccessful, but here you have a really young workforce voting to unionize and in a nascent and thriving industry and especially as the unionization rates have declined over the last few decades. (pbs.org)
- But the information & examples given at http://www.nursingworld.org/uan/organize explains about the reasons why RNs unionize & how RNs go about doing that. (allnurses.com)
- There's some refocusing within groups working on organizing [journalists] … to adapt to the shifting landscape-to organize freelancers, think about the roles that interns are playing, and bring all those people into the movement," said Burns, who led her newsroom's unionizing effort. (cjr.org)
- Graduate students at private colleges such as Duke University, Northwestern University, St. Louis University and American University have also taken steps towards unionizing, the Service Employees International Union said in a statement. (foxbusiness.com)
- Partisan control of the board flipped after the 2000 election of Republican President George W. Bush, clearing the way for the 2004 decision that graduate students could not unionize. (foxbusiness.com)
- NEWS BRIEF Graduate students at private universities can now unionize. (theatlantic.com)
- Graduate students at public universities are subject to state collective-bargaining laws, and many have already unionized. (theatlantic.com)
- Before the ruling, Columbia University expressed its concerns with graduate students unionizing, saying it "could adversely affect their educational experience. (theatlantic.com)
- Lombard Fire Department lieutenants are seeking to unionize, becoming the fourth employee group in the village to join or form a union within about a year, officials say. (dailyherald.com)
- Deborah Jones, a 14-year employee at the Cottondale Johnson Controls plant, voted to unionize. (tuscaloosanews.com)
- The decision follows last fall's vote to unionize by drivers contracted by Facebook . (sfgate.com)
- Is Gawker's vote to unionize a turning point for Internet culture? (pbs.org)
- In the fall 2012, 1199SEIU solicited employes for union membership but chose not to pursue a vote to unionize. (dailypress.com)
- In Busan, a southern port city, 97 percent of 5,387 unionized bus workers at 33 companies approved a strike in a vote held on Wednesday. (koreabizwire.com)
- In Gyeonggi Province, 96.2 percent of unionized drivers at eight of 15 long-distance bus companies, which provide vital transport services for Gyeonggi residents commuting to Seoul, endorsed the strike plan in a vote held from Tuesday to Wednesday. (koreabizwire.com)
- An advocacy group for immigrant workers, Somos Un Pueblo Unido, advised Squeaky Clean's workers to set up such a committee because the National Labor Relations Act - enacted under President Franklin Delano Roosevelt in 1935 - prohibits employers from retaliating against workers for engaging in "concerted" activity to improve their wages and conditions, even when they are not trying to unionize. (nytimes.com)
- As such, non-members receive the same higher wages (one study found that workers in unionized shops enjoy a wage premium of nearly 12 percent ) and benefits enjoyed by their coworkers who belong to the union. (workplacefairness.org)
- The effects of union decline on the wages of nonunion women are not as substantial because women were not as unionized as men were in 1979. (epi.org)
- Estimating the Union Wage Effect for Public School Teachers When All Teachers Are Unionized ," Eastern Economic Journal , Eastern Economic Association, vol. 30(2), pages 273-291, Spring. (repec.org)
- Teachers and employees in Coahoma County's Head Start Program recently voted to unionize and join the Memphis chapter of the Teamsters Union. (teamster.org)
- Why Do Yoga Teachers Need to Unionize? (yogabasics.com)
- Satisfied employees don't unionize because satisfied employees are treated fairly and well and are also fairly reimbursed for their talent, skill and knowledge levels. (allnurses.com)
- By contrast, the Chicago Public Media employees, who voted to unionize two months earlier, are still negotiating on the terms of their contract. (cjr.org)
- Hartford - The union representing workers at Lawrence + Memorial Hospital proposed a lower union wage scale for employees of hospital-affiliated physician practices compared to unionized hospital workers, but L+M administrators countered that "doctors who run the offices didn't want their offices to be unionized. (theday.com)
- The union representing thousands of Maryland health care workers is renewing a push to apply state labor protections and collective bargaining laws to employees at the University of Maryland Medical Center , a move that hospital officials say is not needed to allow unionizing there. (dailypress.com)
- A November opinion from the state attorney general's office spurred 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East to argue that state officials should oversee the hospital's labor relations, which includes not just unionizing but responding to any grievances from nonunion employees. (dailypress.com)
- Many medical interns and residents have unionized in recent years, while a group of doctors at a medical center in Oregon formed a union of hospitalists in 2014. (nytimes.com)
- Unions are required by law to bargain on behalf of every worker in a unionized shop, even if those workers opt not to join the union. (workplacefairness.org)
- Absent something else, this arrangement would create a free-rider problem, because individual workers have little incentive to join the union if they know they will get all the benefits of unionizing regardless of whether they reimburse the union for its costs. (workplacefairness.org)
- The Reader 's move follows similar efforts at Chicago Public Media , which voted to unionize in December 2013, and the Chicago-based In These Times magazine, which joined the Communications Workers of America in February 2014 and signed off on a union contract in October. (cjr.org)
- So said Harry Rodriguez, president of the bargaining unit that represents 756 health care workers, during testimony Friday at a National Labor Relations Board hearing over whether the hospital violated federal labor law when it moved two outpatient clinics out of the hospital to affiliated doctors' offices, and eliminated seven unionized positions in the process. (theday.com)
- The National Labor Relations Board's decision to allow Northwestern University's football team to unionize has upended an understanding of college athletics, Oklahoma legal experts said. (journalrecord.com)
- Ross Reynolds speaks with Amy Hagopian, an associate professor in the School of Public Health at the University of Washington, about why she's joined an effort to unionize faculty at the University of Washington. (kuow.org)
- David Hyde speaks with Norm Arkans, associate vice president of media relations and communications at the University of Washington, about why the UW administration has "grave reservations" about an attempt by some of the UW faculty to unionize. (kuow.org)
- Still, bank workers in the U.S. are unlikely to unionize any time soon. (huffingtonpost.com)
- Tony Long argues at Wired.com that it's time tech workers unionized . (techdirt.com)
- For the first time ever, workers at a major online media outlet, Gawker Media, voted earlier this week in a landslide to unionize. (pbs.org)
- The bill, which has gathered more than 15 House co-sponsors, would bar unionized federal workers from engaging in bargaining or arbitration while on agency time. (nlpc.org)
- SEOUL, May 9 (Korea Bizwire) - Nationwide public transportation chaos is looming, as unionized bus drivers across the country have been voting overwhelmingly to strike to demand pay hikes and manpower increases in time for the implementation of a mandatory 52-hour workweek in the bus industry this summer. (koreabizwire.com)