Seasons: Divisions of the year according to some regularly recurrent phenomena usually astronomical or climatic. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)Influenza, Human: An acute viral infection in humans involving the respiratory tract. It is marked by inflammation of the NASAL MUCOSA; the PHARYNX; and conjunctiva, and by headache and severe, often generalized, myalgia.Rain: Water particles that fall from the ATMOSPHERE.Reproduction: The total process by which organisms produce offspring. (Stedman, 25th ed)Influenza Vaccines: Vaccines used to prevent infection by viruses in the family ORTHOMYXOVIRIDAE. It includes both killed and attenuated vaccines. The composition of the vaccines is changed each year in response to antigenic shifts and changes in prevalence of influenza virus strains. The vaccine is usually bivalent or trivalent, containing one or two INFLUENZAVIRUS A strains and one INFLUENZAVIRUS B strain.Influenza B virus: Species of the genus INFLUENZAVIRUS B that cause HUMAN INFLUENZA and other diseases primarily in humans. Antigenic variation is less extensive than in type A viruses (INFLUENZA A VIRUS) and consequently there is no basis for distinct subtypes or variants. Epidemics are less likely than with INFLUENZA A VIRUS and there have been no pandemics. Previously only found in humans, Influenza B virus has been isolated from seals which may constitute the animal reservoir from which humans are exposed.Breeding: The production of offspring by selective mating or HYBRIDIZATION, GENETIC in animals or plants.Population Density: Number of individuals in a population relative to space.Climate: The longterm manifestations of WEATHER. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)Poaceae: A large family of narrow-leaved herbaceous grasses of the order Cyperales, subclass Commelinidae, class Liliopsida (monocotyledons). Food grains (EDIBLE GRAIN) come from members of this family. RHINITIS, ALLERGIC, SEASONAL can be induced by POLLEN of many of the grasses.Weather: The state of the ATMOSPHERE over minutes to months.Rhinitis, Allergic, Seasonal: Allergic rhinitis that occurs at the same time every year. It is characterized by acute CONJUNCTIVITIS with lacrimation and ITCHING, and regarded as an allergic condition triggered by specific ALLERGENS.Ecosystem: A functional system which includes the organisms of a natural community together with their environment. (McGraw Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)Pollen: The fertilizing element of plants that contains the male GAMETOPHYTES.Influenza A Virus, H3N2 Subtype: A subtype of INFLUENZA A VIRUS comprised of the surface proteins hemagglutinin 3 and neuraminidase 2. The H3N2 subtype was responsible for the Hong Kong flu pandemic of 1968.Anestrus: A state of sexual inactivity in female animals exhibiting no ESTROUS CYCLE. Causes of anestrus include pregnancy, presence of offspring, season, stress, and pathology.Influenza A Virus, H1N1 Subtype: A subtype of INFLUENZA A VIRUS with the surface proteins hemagglutinin 1 and neuraminidase 1. The H1N1 subtype was responsible for the Spanish flu pandemic of 1918.Sheep: Any of the ruminant mammals with curved horns in the genus Ovis, family Bovidae. They possess lachrymal grooves and interdigital glands, which are absent in GOATS.Trees: Woody, usually tall, perennial higher plants (Angiosperms, Gymnosperms, and some Pterophyta) having usually a main stem and numerous branches.Humidity: A measure of the amount of WATER VAPOR in the air.Tropical Climate: A climate which is typical of equatorial and tropical regions, i.e., one with continually high temperatures with considerable precipitation, at least during part of the year. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)Sexual Behavior, Animal: Sexual activities of animals.Football: A competitive team sport played on a rectangular field. This is the American or Canadian version of the game and also includes the form known as rugby. It does not include non-North American football (= SOCCER).Estrus: The period in the ESTROUS CYCLE associated with maximum sexual receptivity and fertility in non-primate female mammals.Meteorological Concepts: The atmospheric properties, characteristics and other atmospheric phenomena especially pertaining to WEATHER or CLIMATE.Environmental Monitoring: The monitoring of the level of toxins, chemical pollutants, microbial contaminants, or other harmful substances in the environment (soil, air, and water), workplace, or in the bodies of people and animals present in that environment.Gambia: A republic in western Africa, constituting an enclave within SENEGAL extending on both sides of the Gambia River. Its capital is Banjul, formerly Bathurst.Population Dynamics: The pattern of any process, or the interrelationship of phenomena, which affects growth or change within a population.Animal Migration: Periodic movements of animals in response to seasonal changes or reproductive instinct. Hormonal changes are the trigger in at least some animals. Most migrations are made for reasons of climatic change, feeding, or breeding.Soccer: A game in which a round inflated ball is advanced by kicking or propelling with any part of the body except the hands or arms. The object of the game is to place the ball in opposite goals.Agriculture: The science, art or practice of cultivating soil, producing crops, and raising livestock.Athletic Injuries: Injuries incurred during participation in competitive or non-competitive sports.North DakotaParturition: The process of giving birth to one or more offspring.Temperature: The property of objects that determines the direction of heat flow when they are placed in direct thermal contact. The temperature is the energy of microscopic motions (vibrational and translational) of the particles of atoms.Burkina Faso: A republic in western Africa, south and east of MALI and west of NIGER. Its capital is Ouagadougou. It was formerly called Upper Volta until 1984.Insect Vectors: Insects that transmit infective organisms from one host to another or from an inanimate reservoir to an animate host.Disease Outbreaks: Sudden increase in the incidence of a disease. The concept includes EPIDEMICS and PANDEMICS.Animal Husbandry: The science of breeding, feeding and care of domestic animals; includes housing and nutrition.Sentinel Surveillance: Monitoring of rate of occurrence of specific conditions to assess the stability or change in health levels of a population. It is also the study of disease rates in a specific cohort such as in a geographic area or population subgroup to estimate trends in a larger population. (From Last, Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)Population Surveillance: Ongoing scrutiny of a population (general population, study population, target population, etc.), generally using methods distinguished by their practicability, uniformity, and frequently their rapidity, rather than by complete accuracy.Luteinizing Hormone: A major gonadotropin secreted by the adenohypophysis (PITUITARY GLAND, ANTERIOR). Luteinizing hormone regulates steroid production by the interstitial cells of the TESTIS and the OVARY. The preovulatory LUTEINIZING HORMONE surge in females induces OVULATION, and subsequent LUTEINIZATION of the follicle. LUTEINIZING HORMONE consists of two noncovalently linked subunits, alpha and beta. Within a species, the alpha subunit is common in the three pituitary glycoprotein hormones (TSH, LH and FSH), but the beta subunit is unique and confers its biological specificity.Guadeloupe: The name of two islands of the West Indies, separated by a narrow channel. Their capital is Basse-Terre. They were discovered by Columbus in 1493, occupied by the French in 1635, held by the British at various times between 1759 and 1813, transferred to Sweden in 1813, and restored to France in 1816. Its status was changed from colony to a French overseas department in 1946. Columbus named it in honor of the monastery of Santa Maria de Guadalupe in Spain. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p470 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p221)Time Factors: Elements of limited time intervals, contributing to particular results or situations.Snow: Frozen water crystals that fall from the ATMOSPHERE.Pandemics: Epidemics of infectious disease that have spread to many countries, often more than one continent, and usually affecting a large number of people.Deer: The family Cervidae of 17 genera and 45 species occurring nearly throughout North America, South America, and Eurasia, on most associated continental islands, and in northern Africa. Wild populations of deer have been established through introduction by people in Cuba, New Guinea, Australia, New Zealand, and other places where the family does not naturally occur. They are slim, long-legged and best characterized by the presence of antlers. Their habitat is forests, swamps, brush country, deserts, and arctic tundra. They are usually good swimmers; some migrate seasonally. (Walker's Mammals of the World, 5th ed, p1362)Geography: The science dealing with the earth and its life, especially the description of land, sea, and air and the distribution of plant and animal life, including humanity and human industries with reference to the mutual relations of these elements. (From Webster, 3d ed)Vaccination: Administration of vaccines to stimulate the host's immune response. This includes any preparation intended for active immunological prophylaxis.Soil: The unconsolidated mineral or organic matter on the surface of the earth that serves as a natural medium for the growth of land plants.Photoperiod: The time period of daily exposure that an organism receives from daylight or artificial light. It is believed that photoperiodic responses may affect the control of energy balance and thermoregulation.Meteorology: The science of studying the characteristics of the atmosphere such as its temperature, density, winds, clouds, precipitation, and other atmospheric phenomena and aiming to account for the weather in terms of external influences and the basic laws of physics. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)BrazilCryptomeria: A plant genus of the family TAXODIACEAE. Its POLLEN is one of the major ALLERGENS.Pregnancy: The status during which female mammals carry their developing young (EMBRYOS or FETUSES) in utero before birth, beginning from FERTILIZATION to BIRTH.Mali: A country in western Africa, east of MAURITANIA and south of ALGERIA. Its capital is Bamako. From 1904-1920 it was known as Upper Senegal-Niger; prior to 1958, as French Sudan; 1958-1960 as the Sudanese Republic and 1959-1960 it joined Senegal in the Mali Federation. It became an independent republic in 1960.Cattle: Domesticated bovine animals of the genus Bos, usually kept on a farm or ranch and used for the production of meat or dairy products or for heavy labor.Rivers: Large natural streams of FRESH WATER formed by converging tributaries and which empty into a body of water (lake or ocean).Biomass: Total mass of all the organisms of a given type and/or in a given area. (From Concise Dictionary of Biology, 1990) It includes the yield of vegetative mass produced from any given crop.Influenza A virus: The type species of the genus INFLUENZAVIRUS A that causes influenza and other diseases in humans and animals. Antigenic variation occurs frequently between strains, allowing classification into subtypes and variants. Transmission is usually by aerosol (human and most non-aquatic hosts) or waterborne (ducks). Infected birds shed the virus in their saliva, nasal secretions, and feces.Anopheles: A genus of mosquitoes (CULICIDAE) that are known vectors of MALARIA.Environment: The external elements and conditions which surround, influence, and affect the life and development of an organism or population.Hibernation: The dormant state in which some warm-blooded animal species pass the winter. It is characterized by narcosis and by sharp reduction in body temperature and metabolic activity and by a depression of vital signs.MontanaIncidence: The number of new cases of a given disease during a given period in a specified population. It also is used for the rate at which new events occur in a defined population. It is differentiated from PREVALENCE, which refers to all cases, new or old, in the population at a given time.Nesting Behavior: Animal behavior associated with the nest; includes construction, effects of size and material; behavior of the adult during the nesting period and the effect of the nest on the behavior of the young.Fresh Water: Water containing no significant amounts of salts, such as water from RIVERS and LAKES.Malaria: A protozoan disease caused in humans by four species of the PLASMODIUM genus: PLASMODIUM FALCIPARUM; PLASMODIUM VIVAX; PLASMODIUM OVALE; and PLASMODIUM MALARIAE; and transmitted by the bite of an infected female mosquito of the genus ANOPHELES. Malaria is endemic in parts of Asia, Africa, Central and South America, Oceania, and certain Caribbean islands. It is characterized by extreme exhaustion associated with paroxysms of high FEVER; SWEATING; shaking CHILLS; and ANEMIA. Malaria in ANIMALS is caused by other species of plasmodia.Skiing: A snow sport which uses skis to glide over the snow. It does not include water-skiing.Infant, Newborn: An infant during the first month after birth.United StatesSenegal: A republic in western Africa, southwest of MAURITANIA and east of MALI. Its capital is Dakar.Air Pollutants: Any substance in the air which could, if present in high enough concentration, harm humans, animals, vegetation or material. Substances include GASES; PARTICULATE MATTER; and volatile ORGANIC CHEMICALS.Sexual Maturation: Achievement of full sexual capacity in animals and in humans.Feeding Behavior: Behavioral responses or sequences associated with eating including modes of feeding, rhythmic patterns of eating, and time intervals.Birds: Warm-blooded VERTEBRATES possessing FEATHERS and belonging to the class Aves.Horses: Large, hoofed mammals of the family EQUIDAE. Horses are active day and night with most of the day spent seeking and consuming food. Feeding peaks occur in the early morning and late afternoon, and there are several daily periods of rest.Betula: A plant genus of the family BETULACEAE. The tree has smooth, resinous, varicolored or white bark, marked by horizontal pores (lenticels), which usually peels horizontally in thin sheets.Animal Feed: Foodstuff used especially for domestic and laboratory animals, or livestock.Agricultural Irrigation: The routing of water to open or closed areas where it is used for agricultural purposes.Ambrosia: A plant genus of the family ASTERACEAE. The POLLEN is one cause of HAYFEVER.
Geography of Senegal
... dry season (December to April) dominated by hot, dry, harmattan wind. Well-defined dry and humid seasons result from northeast ... The highest point is an unnamed feature 2.7 km southeast of Nepen Diakha at 648 m (2,126 ft). Tropical; hot, humid; rainy ... tropical rainforest, and Guinean mangroves. Most of the southern Casamance arm of the country has been classified by the World ... season (May to November) has strong southeast winds; ...
Geography of Sierra Leone
Climate: tropical; hot, humid; summer rainy season (May to December); winter dry season (December to April) Terrain: coastal ... There are two seasons; dry season (November - May) and rainy season (June - October). December to January are the coolest ... the border being formed here by 10th parallel north The climate is tropical; although it could be classified as a tropical ... could also be describe as a climate that is transitional between a continually wet tropical rainforest climate and a tropical ...
Geography of El Salvador
... rainy season (May to October); dry season (November to April); tropical on coast; temperate in uplands Terrain: mostly ... El Salvador has a tropical climate with pronounced wet and dry seasons. Temperatures vary primarily with elevation and show ... This season is known locally as verano, or summer. Temperatures vary little with season; elevation is the primary determinant. ... The rainy season, known locally as invierno, or winter, extends from May to October. Almost all the annual rainfall and the ...
Hurricane Fran (1973)
Tropical cyclones portal Other storms named Fran Hurricane Otto (2010) Staff Writer (October 1, 1973). "Tropical Weather ... Paul J. Herbert and Neil L. Frank (January 28, 1974). "Atlantic Hurricane Season of 1973" (PDF). National Hurricane Center. ... Originating from a tropical wave that developed off the coast of Hispaniola on October 1, the precursor to Fran slowly ... Bravo became increasingly tropical throughout the day as it intensified. Following a reconnaissance mission into the storm on ...
List of Category 5 Atlantic hurricanes
Tropical cyclones portal Weather portal List of Atlantic hurricanes List of Atlantic hurricane seasons List of Category 4 ... Dorst, Neal (2010-06-10). "Tropical Cyclone FAQ G1) When is hurricane season ?". National Hurricane Center. National Oceanic ... Only in six seasons-1932, 1933, 1961, 2005, 2007, and 2017 seasons-has more than one Category 5 hurricane formed. Only in 2005 ... Landsea, Christopher W (2010-06-08). "Tropical Cyclone FAQ G8) Why do hurricanes hit the East coast of the U.S., but never the ...
Geography of Barbados
Tropical; rainy season (June to October) Relatively flat; rises gently to central highland region Elevation extremes Lowest ... Cool, northeasterly trade winds are prevalent during the December to June dry season. The overall annual temperature ranges ... Its generally pleasant maritime climate is influenced by northeast trade winds, which moderate the tropical temperature. ...
List of disasters by cost
"Tropical Weather Summary". National Hurricane Center. 2008-12-01. Retrieved 2008-12-01. Report on 2008 Hurricane Season in Cuba ... 1996 Pacific Typhoon Tropical Cyclone Report: Chapter 3. Archived 2011-06-07 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved on 2007-01-07. ... Effects of Tropical Storm Glenda (PDF) (Final Report). National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council. October 23, ... Hurricane/Post-Tropical Cyclone Sandy, October 22-29, 2012 (PDF) (Service Assessment). United States National Oceanic and ...
Hurricane Sandra (2015)
Jeff Masters; Bob Henson (November 24, 2015). "Late-Season Tropical Storm Sandra Could Strike Mexico and Drench Texas". Weather ... Originating from a tropical wave, Sandra was first classified as a tropical depression on November 23 well south of Mexico. ... Reaching tropical storm status on November 24, Sandra was the fourth-latest forming tropical storm in the Northeastern Pacific ... Tropical cyclones portal Other storms named Sandra List of Category 4 Pacific hurricanes Timeline of the 2015 Pacific hurricane ...
Geography of Guam
Climate Tropical marine; generally warm and humid, moderated by northeast trade winds; dry season from January to June, wet ... typhoons are possible in any season but most common from August through December) Environment - current issues Extirpation of ... Irrigated land 2 km2 Natural hazards Frequent squalls during wet season; relatively rare, but potentially very destructive ... season from July to December; little seasonal temperature variation. Terrain Volcanic origin, surrounded by coral reefs; ...
Hurricane Arlene (1987)
Roth, David M. (October 18, 2017). "Tropical Cyclone Point Maxima". Tropical Cyclone Rainfall Data. United States Weather ... The first named storm of the 1987 Atlantic hurricane season, Arlene formed out of an area of low pressure associated with a ... As Tropical Storm Arlene tracked towards Bermuda, residents on the island were advised to take precautions and board up their ... Tropical cyclones portal Other storms of the same name List of Bermuda hurricanes Harold P. Gerrish (October 16, 1987). " ...
Geography of Martinique
... in two tropical habitats". Revista de Biología Tropical. 59 (2): 669-681. Tucker, J.W.; Campbell, S.W. (1988). "Spawning season ... At that time the FWC can choose to open or close Snook harvest for another season. The commercial harvest or sale of Snook is ... The common snook's spawning season appears to span the months of April to October, with the peak spawning occurring during the ... Centropomus undecimalis is widespread throughout the tropical waters of the western Atlantic Ocean from the coast of the North ...
Port of Santo Domingo
Typhoon Shanshan (2006)
The Joint Typhoon Warning Center considered Shanshan the 13th tropical storm and eighth typhoon of the season, a Category 4- ... Tropical cyclones portal Typhoon Tembin (2012) Typhoon Bolaven (2012) RSMC Tokyo - Typhoon Center. "List of names for tropical ... The storm quickly strengthened, being upgraded twice by the JMA on September 11, at 0600 UTC to a severe tropical storm and at ... The JMA downgraded the typhoon to a severe tropical storm at 0000 UTC September 18. Just before crossing the island of Hokkaidō ...
It was the eleventh tropical storm and the last of six major hurricanes in the 1950 Atlantic hurricane season. The cyclone ... Roth, David M. (October 18, 2017). "Tropical Cyclone Point Maxima". Tropical Cyclone Rainfall Data. United States Weather ... The name King was not used again after the season, although it was on the naming list for 1951 and 1952 due to being part of ... The tropical storm slowly intensified as it tracked toward Cuba, and on October 16, King attained hurricane status while ...
Carriacou and Petite Martinique
Tropical cyclones portal List of Pacific hurricanes 2001 Pacific hurricane season Other storms of the same name List of ... Despite the tropical storm warning and forecasts of minor impacts, no tropical storm force winds from Adolph were reported on ... Hurricane Adolph of the 2001 Pacific hurricane season was the first and one of only two East Pacific hurricanes in May to reach ... On May 7, a tropical wave left the coast of Africa. The wave moved across the Atlantic Ocean showing little signs of ...
Bantayan has a tropical climate. Most months of the year are marked by significant rainfall. The short dry season has little ... characterised by not very pronounced maximum rainfall with a short dry season from one to three months and a wet season of nine ... The dry season starts in February and lasts through April sometimes extending to mid‑May. ... Mangroves are salt-tolerant, woody, seed-bearing plants that are found in tropical and subtropical areas where they are subject ...
Climate of Beaumont, Texas
In June 2001, Tropical Storm Allison struck the upper Texas coast. The worst impacts were felt west of the Beaumont area, but ... "The Hurricane Season of 1963" (PDF). Monthly Weather Review. December 8, 1964. pp. 131-132. Retrieved October 2, 2015. " ... In 1980, Tropical Storm Danielle struck the area. The primary impact from Danielle was flooding. A National Hurricane Center ... "Tropical Storm Danielle Preliminary Report". National Hurricane Center. Retrieved October 2, 2015. "Storm floods kill Beaumont ...
It was the sixth named storm, fourth hurricane, and first major hurricane of the season, developed from a tropical wave in the ... Canadian Hurricane Centre (2004). "2003 Tropical Cyclone Season Summary". Retrieved 2006-10-17. Stephen Breen (2003). "First ... Oficina Nacional de Meteorología; Centro de Información Huracanes (2004). "Reports of hurricanes, tropical storms, tropical ... Tropical cyclones portal List of Bermuda hurricanes List of retired Atlantic hurricane names List of Category 4 Atlantic ...
2004 Alaska wildfires
"2015 wildfire season could be Alaska's worst ever". UPI. Retrieved 2015-11-24. "Tropical Fire Report Series" (PDF). USFA. Fema. ... The 2004 fire season of Alaska had large impacts on the air quality and safety of citizens. These impacts were relevant to ... The 2004 Alaska fire season was the worst on record in terms of area burned by wildfires in the U.S. state of Alaska. Though ... "Air Quality - 2004 Wildland Fire Season Summary". dec.alaska.gov. Retrieved 2015-11-24. " ...
Geography of Costa Rica
Tropical and subtropical; dry season (December to April); rainy season (May to November); cooler in highlands. It is said there ... some parts are tropical Lowest point: Pacific Ocean 0 m Highest point: Cerro Chirripo 3,810 m (12,500 ft) Hydropower from Lake ... Costa Rica´s climate is mostly tropical and subtropical. Like all Central American countries, Costa Rica is considered a ... frequent flooding of lowlands at onset of rainy season and landslides; active volcanoes. Costa Rica List of earthquakes in ...
Hurricane Klaus (1984)
Tropical Storm Klaus continued northeastward, and made landfall on extreme eastern Puerto Rico early on November 7. The storm ... Miles B. Lawrence & Gilbert B. Clark (1985). "Atlantic Hurricane Season of 1984" (PDF). National Hurricane Center. Retrieved ... Klaus was the first tropical cyclone on record to hit the Leeward Islands from the west, and as a result many were unprepared ... While moving past Puerto Rico, Tropical Storm Klaus dropped heavy rainfall peaking at 25.69 inches (653 mm) in Guavate Camp in ...
Retrieved on February 1, 2008.[dead link] Canadian Hurricane Centre (2004). "2004 Tropical Cyclone Season Summary". Archived ... On September 2, 2004, Tropical Depression Nine formed from a large tropical wave southwest of Cape Verde. As the system moved ... Ivan weakened rapidly that evening and became a tropical depression the same day, still over Alabama. Ivan lost tropical ... A tropical storm warning was issued for Saint Vincent and Grenadines and Tobago and Grenada. By 1500 UTC on September 6, the ...
Perla has a tropical climate. In most months of the year, there is significant rainfall in Perla. There is only a short dry ... Many programs are celebrated in Temple in the season. Idiyaduka Durgaparameshwari(Ullathi)Temple is famous temple in perla.It ... season and it is not very effective. The Köppen-Geiger climate classification is Am. The average annual temperature in Perla is ...
Hurricane Ella (1970)
The sixth tropical storm and third hurricane of the season, Ella developed on September 8 in the western Caribbean Sea. It ... Tropical cyclones portal Other storms named Ella R.H. Simpson; Joseph M. Pelissier (April 1971). "Atlantic hurricane season of ... As the tropical depression that became Ella moved over the Yucatán Peninsula, it produced wind gusts of 55 mph (89 km/h) and a ... A tropical depression developed from the system on September 8 near Swan Island off the north coast of Honduras. Moving ...
Canadian Hurricane Centre (2004). "2003 Tropical Cyclone Season Summary". Archived from the original on 2007-02-02. Retrieved ... Roth, David M; Weather Prediction Center (2012). "Tropical Cyclone Rainfall in the Mid-Atlantic United States". Tropical ... Isabel formed near the Cape Verde Islands from a tropical wave on September 6 in the tropical Atlantic Ocean. It moved ... A tropical wave moved off the western coast of Africa on September 1. An area of low pressure associated with the wave moved ...
Air Midwest Flight 5481
... whereas in areas with a severe dry season, some plants may shed their leaves until the dry season ends. In either case, the ... Verdcourt, Bernard; Bridson, Diane M. (1991). Flora of tropical East Africa - Rubiaceae Volume 3. CRC Press. ISBN 978-90-6191- ... Near the ground these Eucalyptus saplings have juvenile dorsiventral foliage from the previous year, but this season their ... falling off or dying for the inclement season). This mechanism to shed leaves is called abscission. When the leaf is shed, it ...
Tropical monsoon climate
This variation features pronounced dry seasons similar in length and character to dry seasons observed in tropical savanna ... A Tropical monsoon climate (occasionally known as a tropical wet climate or a tropical monsoon and trade-wind littoral climate ... There are also 3 types of tropical places tropical wet, tropical wet/dry and troical monsoon which this article is all about. ... this version of the tropical monsoon climate generally has less pronounced dry seasons than tropical savanna climates. ...
During the breeding season, both male and female mallards can become aggressive, driving off competitors to themselves or their ... and larger in tropical and desert equivalents to facilitate heat diffusion, and that the polar taxa are stockier overall. ... It is highly gregarious outside of the breeding season and forms large flocks, which are known as "sordes." ... until the female lays eggs at the start of the nesting season, which is around the beginning of spring. At this time she is ...
The start of the breeding season is largely determined by rainfall rather than the time of year; thus the season is February to ... The brolga is a common, gregarious wetland bird species of tropical and south-eastern Australia and New Guinea. It is a tall, ... In December, shortly before the start of the monsoon season, they disperse to their breeding areas. Some remain near the coast ... Further south, in Victoria and New South Wales, rainfall is spread more evenly throughout the year and the driest season lasts ...
The disease is most common in native laborers and in schoolchildren of the tropics and subtropics during the rainy season and ... Lecture notes on tropical medicine. Oxford: Blackwell Science. ISBN 0-632-06496-X. Tropical dermatology. 2001. pp. 310-313. ... Tropical ulcer is seen throughout the tropics and subtropics. In some of these countries, such as northern Papua New Guinea, it ... Tropical ulcer, more commonly known as jungle rot, is a chronic ulcerative skin lesion thought to be caused by polymicrobial ...
These spiraling columns of air frequently develop in tropical areas close to the equator and are less common at high latitudes. ... Increased moisture can fuel an increase in severe weather and tornado activity, particularly in the cool season. ... Season. Primarily spring and summer, but can be at any time of year. ... They form at the bases of cumulus congestus clouds over tropical and subtropical waters. They have relatively weak winds, ...
Pollination and fertilization occurs in a single growing season. Two-year reproductive cycle:The genera includes ... While tropical rainforests have more biodiversity and turnover, the immense conifer forests of the world represent the largest ... The tracheids of earlywood formed at the beginning of a growing season have large radial sizes and smaller, thinner cell walls ... Many nursery managers were long reluctant to apply nitrogenous fertilizers late in the growing season, for fear of increased ...
African pygmy squirrel
Bengal famine of 1943
In the dry season, partially drained tanks became a further breeding area for malaria-vector mosquitoes. Tank and river ... See also: North Indian Ocean tropical cyclone. Brown spot disease: symptoms of Cochliobolus miyabeanus on rice ... Some land produced more than one crop a year, sometimes rice in one season and other crops in another, reducing rice's yearly ... Water provided the only reliable means of transport across most of the province during the rainy seasons, and all the time in ...
"PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases. 6 (11): e1892. doi:10.1371/journal.pntd.0001892. PMC 3486898. PMID 23133693.. ... During rainy seasons, Rio de Janeiro had regularly suffered floods, as water from the bay surrounding the city overflowed into ... Delaporte, Francois (1991). The History of Yellow Fever: An Essay on the Birth of Tropical Medicine. Cambridge: MIT Press. pp. ... The main vector (A. aegypti) also occurs in tropical and subtropical regions of Asia, the Pacific, and Australia, but yellow ...
Grammy Awards 2020
Because of the disastrous floods that occur during rainy seasons in suburban Poblacion of Nabua, Father Felix de Huertas, the ... Tropical rainforest climate. Income class. 4th city income class. Revenue (₱). 472 million (2016) . ... Acacia trees are lit with colored lights during Christmas season. Surrounding the park are business establishments and ...
The city's tropical location and high altitude combine to give it a relatively mild version of a tropical wet and dry climate. ... Temperatures rise slightly in October, but this is followed by the cool season from November to February. The cool season sees ... In the harvest season, Nashik is home to several wine festivals, such as the India Grape Harvest and SulaFest. ...
Season 1. United Kingdom. December 1969. 5:33 minutes in. BBC1.. *^ Gosnell, Raja (Director) (1997). Home Alone 3 (Motion ... Steadman, D. (2006). Extinction and Biogeography in Tropical Pacific Birds. University of Chicago Press. pp. 342-351. ISBN 978- ... The first uncontroversial parrot fossils date to tropical Eocene Europe around 50 mya. Initially, a neoavian named Mopsitta ... Parrots are found on all tropical and subtropical continents and regions including Australia and Oceania, South Asia, Southeast ...
Bioluminescence - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As a wild forage, the fruit of the previous growing season is commonly still edible when found on the ground. ... Extant examples of Engelhardioideae are generally tropical and evergreen, while those of Juglandioideae are deciduous and found ... "Grill Gourmet: The Best Wood And Food Pairings To Try This Season". Forbes. Retrieved 5 December 2018 ...
Large conventions returned. College bowl games returned for the 2006-2007 season. The New Orleans Saints returned that ... New Orleans is described as "a Caribbean city, an exuberant, semi-tropical city, perhaps the most hedonistic city in the United ... The New Orleans Hornets (now named the Pelicans) returned to the city for the 2007-2008 season. New Orleans hosted the 2008 NBA ... "Bad Girls Club' launches New Orleans season". NOLA.com. Retrieved October 22, 2017.. ...
During the wet season, the diet contains more crabs and other crustaceans, while during the dry season it contains more insects ... As a tropical animal, reproduction is not fixed to certain times of year, and takes place twice yearly. The reproductive period ... Territorialism was noticed during the dry season; during rainy seasons, when there is more food, they pay less attention to ... In the rainy season, their range moves uphill, whilst in drier times they move to lower ground. Their habitat covers all ...
The climate of Ontario varies by season and location. It is affected by three air sources: cold, dry, arctic air from the ... Tropical depression remnants occasionally bring heavy rains and winds in the south, but are rarely deadly. A notable exception ... cool to warm summers with dramatic temperature changes possible in all seasons. With no major mountain ranges blocking sinking ...
"Purdue University Tropical Horticulture Lecture 32. Archived from the original on 2005-06-24. Retrieved 28 February 2020.. ... The estimate for all Florida citrus production in the 2015-2016 season is 94.2 million boxes, a 44.3% drop. Carolyn Slupsky ... The colour of citrus fruits only develops in climates with a (diurnal) cool winter. In tropical regions with no winter at ... Being of tropical and subtropical origin, oranges, like all citrus, are broadleaved and evergreen. They do not drop leaves ...
The typical habitat for blow-flies are temperate to tropical areas that provide a layer of loose, damp soil and litter where ... active only at a certain season, or time of day), their presence in association with other evidence can demonstrate potential ... Most holarctic Sarcophagidae vary in size from 4 to 18 mm in length (Tropical species can be larger) with black and gray ...
List of birds of Malaysia
The thick-knees are a group of largely tropical waders in the family Burhinidae. They are found worldwide within the tropical ... some species show variation in colour only in the breeding season. There are 116 species worldwide and 1 species which occurs ... Found in tropical woodlands worldwide, they feed on insects and fruit, and their broad bills and weak legs reflect their diet ... Heliornithidae is a small family of tropical birds with webbed lobes on their feet similar to those of grebes and coots. There ...
2009 Northern Hemisphere tropical cyclone season - Wikipedia
2012-13 Southern Hemisphere tropical cyclone season - Wikipedia
The 2012-13 Southern Hemisphere tropical cyclone season may refer to one of three different basins and respective seasons: 2012 ... E 2012-13 Australian region cyclone season, between 90°E and 160°E 2012-13 South Pacific cyclone season, east of 160°E. ... South-West Indian Ocean cyclone season, west of 90° ...
Western Australia Tropical Cyclone Season Summary 1997-98
... About ... About tropical cyclones , FAQs. Season Overview. The effects of the strong El Niño event suppressed tropical cyclone activity ... Severe tropical cyclone Victor 08 - 17 February 1998. TC Victor formed from a tropical low that passed across northern Cape ... Details of each Tropical Cyclone in the northwest Australian region 1997-98. Severe tropical cyclone Selwyn 26 December 1997 - ...
NASA - Hurricane Season 2009: Tropical Storm Fred (Atlantic)
The remnants of former tropical storm Fred just wont quit. In fact, Freds remnants have managed to make it across much of the ... NASA Sees Tropical Storm Freds Moderate Rains in 3-D. The seventh tropical depression in the Atlantic Ocean was born yesterday ... Fred is the sixth named storm in the Atlantic Season, as one tropical depression never strengthened to get a name. The TRMM ... tropical meteorology, satellite imagery interpretation, and tropical weather analysis. As an integral part of the National ...
Western Australia Tropical Cyclone Season Summary 1993-94
About tropical cyclones , FAQs. Season Overview. Overall there were seven tropical cyclones in the Perth Tropical Cyclone ... Western Australia Tropical Cyclone Season Summary 1993-94. Western Australia Tropical Cyclone Season Summary 1993-94. About ... The cyclone season ended with TC Willy very late in the season. Willy was a category 1 cyclone that passed about 80 km west of ... Naomi was the first tropical cyclone for the 1993/94 season. After formation early on 16 December the cyclone moved southwards ...
NASA - Hurricane Season 2012: Tropical Storm Kristy (Eastern Pacific Ocean)
16 at 2:45 p.m. EDT the satellite captured Tropical Storm Kristy (at the time a tropical storm) and Hurricane Lane, located to ... The twelfth tropical depression of the Eastern Pacific Ocean hurricane season was born on Sat. Sept 15 at 11 a.m. EDT about ... NASA Sees Wind Shear Affecting Tropical Storm Kristy. NASAs Aqua satellite passed over Tropical Storm Kristy on Sept. 13 at ... The fourteenth tropical depression in the Atlantic just strengthened into Tropical Storm Nadine.. Text Credit: Rob Gutro. ...
Atlantic season's second tropical depression forms - Weather
Atlantic seasons second tropical depression forms. By Eric Berger on June 17, 2013 at 10:05 AM ... The tropical disturbance just to the east of Belize has organized further this morning, and is now a tropical depression, says ... There it has brief window to become a tropical storm before moving into Mexico for a final landfall, probably to the south of ... kztoy on Tropical Storm Claudette, of consequence to no one, forms off the North Carolina coast ...
2018 Hurricane season: Tropical depression likely to form in Gulf of Mexico
First depression of season turns fully tropical, what it means - News - The Palm Beach Post - West Palm Beach, FL
The system is no threat to the U.S., but is notable for its spin up this early in the season. Check the Palm Beach Post storm ... But in a twist, the system turned fully tropical today with a more symmetric grouping of thunderstorms and 35 mph winds - four ... Other purely tropical Atlantic systems in April were: 1 tropical depression in 1973, 2 tropical depressions in 1981 and Ana in ... First depression of season turns fully tropical, what it means. Kimberly Miller @KMillerWeather Thursday. Apr 20, 2017 at 12:01 ...
Holiday season means risk of tropical diseases in Europe
... bringing the risk of tropical diseases with them. ... Holiday season means risk of tropical diseases in Europe. * ... For the same reasons, donations of blood by those who have travelled to an endemic region for tropical diseases, like malaria, ... While data reporting by member states of the ECDC is not mandatory, the level of compliance is high on tropical diseases. ... The rising trend in cases of tropical diseases is concerning. While they are treatable, European doctors are not familiar ...
The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene | Residual Effectiveness of DDT in the Third Season after Application1
Publisher: The American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene * Source: The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and ... Residual Effectiveness of DDT in the Third Season after Application 1 * Author(s): Wilbur G. Downs, Raúl Colorado Iris and ... recommendto/form?webId=%2Fcontent%2Fjournals%2F14761645&title=The+American+Journal+of+Tropical+Medicine+and+Hygiene&issn=0002- ... The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene - Recommend this title to your library ...
The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene | Molecular Epidemiology of Cholera Outbreaks during the Rainy Season in...
... and was closely associated with the rainy season. We analyzed cholera outbreaks, characterized 67 isolates of V. cholerae ... Publisher: The American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene * Source: The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and ... Molecular Epidemiology of Cholera Outbreaks during the Rainy Season in Mandalay, Myanmar * Authors: Amonrattana Roobthaisong1, ... recommendto/form?webId=%2Fcontent%2Fjournals%2F14761645&title=The+American+Journal+of+Tropical+Medicine+and+Hygiene&issn=0002- ...
Australian Tropical Cyclone Season 2011/12 has started - WEATHER / CLIMATE - PalmTalk
The Australian Tropical Cyclone season has got off to a flying start with number 1 in the Indian Ocean - TC Alenga. Currently ... The current MJO event spawned the first tropical cyclone for the Australian cyclone season, Severe Tropical Cyclone Alenga, ... The Australian Tropical Cyclone season has got off to a flying start with number 1 in the Indian Ocean - TC Alenga. Currently ... Australian Tropical Cyclone Season 2011/12 has started Started by tropicbreeze, 8 Dec 2011. ...
Tropical Cyclone Tracks Maps : BLANCHE - Southern Hemisphere Season 1986 - 1987 Hurricanes Typhoons Joint Typhoon Warning...
Southern Hemisphere Season 1986 - 1987 Hurricanes Typhoons Joint Typhoon Warning Centre JTWC Data ... Season 1986-1987 Tropical Cyclone BLANCHE Track Map Season 1986-1987 Summaries: [BoM-AU] [JTWC-AU] [JTWC-SIO] [JTWC-SPAC] [JTWC ... Tropical cyclone tracks developed by Michael Bath using data from the Joint Typhoon Warning Centre Best Tracks and Google Maps. ... Document: tropical_cyclone_blanche.htm. Updated: 18 September 2016. ...
Tropical Cyclone Tracks Maps : WATI - Southern Hemisphere Season 2005 - 2006 Hurricanes Typhoons Joint Typhoon Warning Centre...
Southern Hemisphere Season 2005 - 2006 Hurricanes Typhoons Joint Typhoon Warning Centre JTWC Data ... Season 2005-2006 Tropical Cyclone WATI Track Map Season 2005-2006 Summaries: [BoM-AU] [JTWC-AU] [JTWC-SIO] [JTWC-SPAC] [JTWC-SH ... Tropical cyclone tracks developed by Michael Bath using data from the Joint Typhoon Warning Centre Best Tracks and Google Maps. ... Document: tropical_cyclone_wati.htm. Updated: 28 June 2017. ...
Australian Tropical Cyclone Season 2011/12 has started - Page 3 - WEATHER / CLIMATE - PalmTalk
The end of Australias Wet and TC seasons. Both the north Australian wet season and the Australian tropical cyclone season are ... Weather (particularly tropical weather) is one of my interests so I follow it closely during the season. Also keep an eye on ... Australian Tropical Cyclone Season 2011/12 has started Started by tropicbreeze, 8 Dec 2011. ... Ex Tropical Cyclone Lua has now transitioned into the tropical low and will have passed Wiluna. Strong winds are still forecast ...
Variations in Microbial Diversity and Metabolite Profiles of the Tropical Marine Sponge Xestospongia muta with Season and Depth...
Variations in Microbial Diversity and Metabolite Profiles of the Tropical Marine Sponge Xestospongia muta with Season and Depth ... Xestospongia muta Marine sponges Holobiont Symbiotic bacterial communities Depth gradient Season 16S rRNA gene Illumina deep- ... This study aimed to assess the effect of depth and season on the symbiotic bacterial dynamics and major metabolite profiles of ... There was a significant difference between the structure of the microbial communities in respect to season (autumn to spring), ...
Punta Mita Wedding Venue | Puerto Vallarta | Four Seasons Punta Mita
Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita offers the ultimate resort wedding experience near Puerto Vallarta amid a variety of luxury ... Tropical Romance. *Say "I do" by magnificent Bahía de Banderas. *Dance the night away beneath the stars ... Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita México Punta Mita, Bahía de Banderas Nayarit 63734 Tel. +52 (329) 291-6000 Tel. +52 (329) 291- ...
Beach Wedding in the Amirante Islands | Four Seasons Seychelles
Four Seasons Seychelles invites couples to share vows on the picturesque beaches of Desroches Island, made perfect by our ... TROPICAL SANCTUARY. Imagine the ultimate destination wedding at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles at Desroches Island. Share this ... Four Seasons Resort Seychelles at Desroches Island. Desroches Island, Seychelles. Tel. +(248) 422-9400 Tel. +(248) 422-9400 ... A Four Seasons wedding specialist will work closely with you to bring perfection to every detail. Even here on remote Desroches ...
1932 Atlantic hurricane season - Wikipedia
Tropical storm 65 (100) 994 Nova Scotia Unknown None Eight September 18-20 Tropical storm 65 (100) 998 West South Central ... Tropical storm 45 (75) 1004 None None None Eleven October 7-15 Tropical storm 70 (110) 990 Belize, Mexico, Southeastern United ... The season began with the formation of Tropical Storm One on May 5, and ended with the dissipation of Hurricane Fourteen, also ... The 1932 Atlantic hurricane season was the period during 1932 in which tropical cyclones formed in the Atlantic Basin. It was a ...
Tropical Fruit Trees for sale | In Stock | eBay
10 alluring scents that will spice up the holiday season | New York Post
Summer Tropical Plants, Seeds & Bulbs | eBay
... s largest selection and best deals for Summer Tropical Plants, Seeds & Bulbs. Shop with confidence on eBay! ... Can be used as a winter house plant over-wintering well inside for an early start to the following season. ... Plant type: Tropical palm. Water well in hotter months but do not keep soil constantly wet during colder months. Height: Around ... Also Known as Taro this tropical plant grown primarily as a vegetable food for its edible corm, and secondarily as a leaf ...
Buy Clay Tropical Medium Watering Plants, Seeds & Bulbs | eBay
... s largest selection and best deals for Clay Tropical Medium Watering Plants, Seeds & Bulbs. Shop with confidence on eBay! ... A striking Tropical fruit tree producing thousands of long thin, waxy skinned green-yellow fruits resembling tapered candles ... This tropical fruit tree will not thrive in regions where temperature falls below 32°. ... This tropical fruit tree will not thrive in regions where temperature falls below 32°. ...
Puerto Rico's elderly brace for next storm season | Reuters Video
... braces for another hurricane season, its the elderly who are most vulnerable. ... Puerto Ricos elderly brace for next storm season. Posted As Puerto Rico, already reeling from damage caused by Hurricane Maria ... last year, braces for another hurricane season, its the elderly who are most vulnerable. ...
1910-21 Australian region cyclone seasons - Wikipedia
1911-12 cyclone season. Unnamed tropical cyclone near Port Hedland (1912). This cyclone crossed the coast just west ... 1917-18 cyclone season. 1918 Mackay cyclone. Wettest tropical cyclones and their remnants in Australia. Highest- ... Tropical Cyclones in Queensland. Retrieved on 17 July 2015. *^ "Tropical Cyclone Fletcher Impacts". Bureau of Meteorology. ... 2 1911-12 cyclone season *2.1 Unnamed tropical cyclone near Port Hedland (1912) ...
The Tropical at LHVC Resort #6712 Details : RCI
Season Information Time. Datesstart date and end date. High demand 06-Jan-2018 to 05-May-2018. ... Enclosing the pure essence of a tropical experience at a beachfront resort, we have The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation ... The Tropical at LHVC Resort (#6712) Playa Cofresi No. 1 Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic ... Resort Website The Tropical at LHVC Resort opens in a new window ... The Tropical at LHVC Resort #6712 Puerto Plata, Dominican ...
Sub-tropical Full Shade Flowering Cacti & Succulent Seeds | eBay
Free Shipping on many items across the worlds largest range of Sub-tropical Full Shade Flowering Cacti & Succulent Seeds. Find ... Seedling must be in the suitable season and the right temperature, if the high or low temperature, may cause the seeds low ... RARE SUCCULENT!! ADENIA globosa Bonsai seeds, Useful Tropical plant - 2pcs. ADENIA globosa Bonsai seeds, Useful Tropical plant ... Seedling must be in the suitable season and the right temperature, if the high or low temperature, may cause the seeds low ...
Sub-tropical Loam Partial Shade Evergreen Plants & Seedlings for sale | eBay
Get the best deal for Sub-tropical Loam Partial Shade Evergreen Plants & Seedlings from the largest online selection at eBay. ... Hera is easy to maintain, will grow side buds from the bottom, spring and autumn season, try to give enough light, full light, ... Colocasia esculenta ( Royal Hawaiian Series). We love thisamazing hybrid Colocasia ~TROPICAL STORM~ i n the garden. ~TROPICAL ... This tropical plant is not reliably winter hardy to most of southern Florida, but may be grown in the Florida keys and Puerto ...
UPS Passes Early Holiday-Season Test - WSJ
Americans Spent $100 Million on Tropical Real Estate. They Were Scammed, FTC Says. ... appears to have passed its first stress test of the holiday season, an early sign that billions of dollars of network expansion ... UPS Passes Early Holiday-Season Test. Carrier delivered 98.3% of packages on time over Thanksgiving week after upgrading ... Americans Spent $100 Million on Tropical Real Estate. They Were Scammed, FTC Says. ...
HurricaneRainy seasonCLIMATEForecastLandfallPost-tropical cycloneForecastersWindsTemperaturesPeakHurricanesDepressionsCyclone formationMonsoonFloridaResortAustralianPlantTemperatureTropicsWildfirePlantsDepression likelyRainfallArleneAlbertoDissipateTemperateRemnant low presDiseasesThreatThunderstormsSubtropicalRemnantsOutbreaksVariabilityGulf
- Despite the winds not cooperating, the National Hurricane Center says that there's "less than a 30 percent chance" that the system will re-generate into a tropical cyclone over the next 48 hours. (nasa.gov)
- The National Hurricane Center in Miami, Fla. noted that Fred's remnants continue to produce intermittent showers and thunderstorms, but the environment around Fred is not cooperating to allow them redevelop into a tropical cyclone. (nasa.gov)
- On Saturday, September 12, the National Hurricane Center (NHC) declared that Fred was indeed "dead" as a tropical cyclone. (nasa.gov)
- The Hurricane Center said that there's a small chance it may re-organize into a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours… but it's just that: a small chance. (nasa.gov)
- EDT the satellite captured Tropical Storm Kristy (at the time a tropical storm) and Hurricane Lane, located to Kristy's southwest. (nasa.gov)
- While Tropical Storm Kristy faded into a remnant low pressure area, Lane strengthened into a hurricane. (nasa.gov)
- NASA's Terra satellite caught a look at both storms when it passed overhead on Sept. 16 and showed a much tighter circulation within Hurricane Lane than in weakening Tropical Storm Kristy. (nasa.gov)
- The twelfth tropical depression of the Eastern Pacific Ocean hurricane season was born on Sat. Sept 15 at 11 a.m. (nasa.gov)
- The tropical disturbance just to the east of Belize has organized further this morning, and is now a tropical depression, says the National Hurricane Center . (chron.com)
- Mayfield, who is attending the National Hurricane Conference in New Orleans, said especially because the depression is no threat to land, the distinction between subtropical and tropical isn t a big deal. (palmbeachpost.com)
- Although it is quite early into the 2017 Altantic Hurricane season, already we've two areas to watch for slow development over the next 5 days. (blogspot.com)
- While major storms are rare this early in the summer, as we saw two weeks ago in Hurricane Season Begins - June Climatology, they are not unheard of. (blogspot.com)
- This year's forecast, released late last month by NOAA (see 2017 Tropical Outlook: Above Normal Hurricane Season Expected) calls for between 11 and 17 named storms. (blogspot.com)
- With the weekend ahead, and some active areas to watch, now is a good time to pay a visit to NOAA's Weather-Ready Nation Hurricane Preparedness Week 2017 web page, and decide what you need to do now to keep you, your family, and your property safe during the coming tropical season. (blogspot.com)
- While this blog, and many other internet sources, will cover this year's hurricane season your primary source of information should always be the National Hurricane Center in Miami, Florida. (blogspot.com)
- The 1932 Atlantic hurricane season was the period during 1932 in which tropical cyclones formed in the Atlantic Basin . (wikipedia.org)
- The season began with the formation of Tropical Storm One on May 5, and ended with the dissipation of Hurricane Fourteen , also known as the 1932 Cuba hurricane, on November 14. (wikipedia.org)
- The Atlantic hurricane reanalysis project discovered four new tropical cyclones, all of which were tropical storms, that occurred during the year. (wikipedia.org)
- A Category 5 hurricane , the first of the season, devastated areas of The Bahamas , especially the Abaco Islands . (wikipedia.org)
- A hurricane and four other tropical storms made landfalls during the season. (wikipedia.org)
- As Puerto Rico, already reeling from damage caused by Hurricane Maria last year, braces for another hurricane season, it's the elderly who are most vulnerable. (reuters.com)
- Forecasters at the U.S. National Hurricane Center in Miami said the storm system, which has already caused flooding in Puerto Rico , the Dominican Republic and Haiti , could become Tropical Storm Bonnie later Thursday and reach the Gulf of Mexico by Saturday. (csmonitor.com)
- The Atlantic hurricane season is likely to be very active , fueled by very warm ocean temperatures in the tropics, according to several forecasts including a report released April 16 by The Weather Channel. (sciencenews.org)
- Newly formed Tropical Storm Nate was blamed early Friday for at least 22 deaths across Central America as it dumped rain across the region on a path that would carry it toward a potential landfall on the U.S. Gulf Coast as a hurricane over the weekend. (sun-sentinel.com)
- Forecasters were also keeping an eye on another tropical depression off the Carolinas along with Hurricane Gaston, located about 600 miles east of Bermuda at 11 p.m. Monday. (miamiherald.com)
- VERO BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Bands of heavy rain from Isaias lashed Florida's east coast Sunday, with the tropical storm strengthening slightly and forecast to be near hurricane strength by the time it reaches the Carolinas. (yahoo.com)
- Officials dealing with surging cases of the coronavirus in Florida kept a close watch on the storm that was weakened from a hurricane to a tropical storm Saturday afternoon, but still brought heavy rain and flooding to Florida's Atlantic coast. (yahoo.com)
- MIAMI (AP) - Tropical Storm Josephine formed in the Atlantic Ocean on Thursday morning, making it the earliest "J-named" storm in a record-setting hurricane season. (ap.org)
- the earliest "J-named" storm in a record-setting hurricane season. (ap.org)
- Already smashing records, this year's hyperactive Atlantic hurricane season is about to get even nastier, forecasters predict. (ap.org)
- Jerry strengthened into a tropical storm overnight Wednesday and could become a hurricane by Thursday, according to the National Hurricane Center. (miamiherald.com)
- The fifteenth tropical depression of the Atlantic Ocean hurricane season was born on Oct. 3 an NASA's Terra satellite captured an image of it as it came to be. (innovations-report.com)
- As storms move along the Atlantic coast over the course of hurricane season, surf and currents can increase in strength, creating dangerous conditions for beachgoers and swimmers. (hstoday.us)
- This has been the year of murder hornets , massive locust invasions on two continents, and a sudden start to Atlantic hurricane season, among other oddities (not to mention the deadly pandemic). (gizmodo.com.au)
- It's the third tropical cyclone of the Atlantic hurricane season that only officially began on Monday, and marks the earliest third storm on record. (gizmodo.com.au)
- It should transition to post-tropical cyclone, a type of "cyclone that no longer possesses sufficient tropical characteristics," according to the National Hurricane Centre . (gizmodo.com.au)
- something that's happened only one other time, in 1954, when the post-tropical storm version of Hurricane Hazel reached the bay. (gizmodo.com.au)
- Hurricane season is forecast to be an active one and run until November 30, so there's unfortunately still plenty of time to set more weird milestones. (gizmodo.com.au)
- The hurricane center will issue this advisory whenever a tropical depression, storm or hurricane forms. (orlandosentinel.com)
- The hurricane center's most popular graphic shows where a tropical system could potentially roam during five days. (orlandosentinel.com)
- Available for the first time this year, it will be posted whenever a hurricane watch, or in some cases a tropical-storm watch, is issued, usually 48hours before landfall. (orlandosentinel.com)
- Hurricane season starts June 1 - are you ready? (wtop.com)
- The 2005 Atlantic Hurricane season broke record after record-most named storms, lowest pressure measured in the Atlantic, longest-lived December hurricane-and the list goes on. (nasa.gov)
- Warm ocean waters provide fuel to developing storms, and it is the cooling of the ocean that ends the hurricane season. (nasa.gov)
- Storm information in the table is from UNISYS' 2005 Hurricane/Tropical Data for the Atlantic . (nasa.gov)
- Rain showers and thunderstorms will be increasing across the Bluegrass as former Hurricane Laura, which is now a post-tropical cyclone, makes its way through. (wtvq.com)
- As I mentioned a couple days ago , what used to be Hurricane Ophelia would likely hit Ireland as an post-tropical system. (wattsupwiththat.com)
- The structure of hurricane Ophelia's eye wall is clearly shown with this close-up virtual flyby above the center of the tropical cyclone. (wattsupwiththat.com)
- EDT/AST, the National Hurricane Center in Miami, Florida issued the final advisory on Post-Tropical Cyclone Ophelia. (wattsupwiththat.com)
- The storm had transitioned from a hurricane to a post- tropical cyclone and was centered about 220 miles (355 km) southwest of Mizen Head, Ireland near 49.2 degrees north latitude and 13.3 degrees west longitude. (wattsupwiththat.com)
- The 2010 Atlantic hurricane season was the third most active Atlantic hurricane season in history, in which 19 named storms, 12 hurricanes, and 5 major hurricanes developed. (wikimedia.org)
- The 2012 Atlantic hurricane season ended with a bang not a whimper. (chron.com)
- Hurricane Sandy, the second-to-last storm of the season, hit the New York metropolitan area like a beast on Oct. 29. (chron.com)
- Other strong storms of the season were Hurricane Isaac and Tropical Storm Debby. (chron.com)
- Hurricane season ends Nov. 30. (chron.com)
- This weak storm hit in May, before the official start of hurricane season. (chron.com)
- It's the third hurricane of the Atlantic season, and while Gaston is expected to be a hurricane for several days, it, too, will move harmlessly through the open waters of the Atlantic as it curves out to sea well east of Bermuda. (cnn.com)
- The National Hurricane Center is giving the system a high chance (80%) of developing into a tropical storm by late this week as it moves through the central and eastern Bahamas. (cnn.com)
- We report here that cholera incidence in Mandalay generally exhibited a single annual peak, with an annual average of 312 patients with severe dehydration over the past 5 years (since 2011) and was closely associated with the rainy season. (ajtmh.org)
- Non-rainy season growing flowering. (ebay.ca)
- He noted that mosquito numbers are high this year because many mosquitoes have drought-resistant eggs that stayed dormant until the summer rainy season triggered them to hatch. (healthcanal.com)
- A new record of past temperature change in the tropical Atlantic Ocean's subsurface provides clues as to why Earth's climate is so sensitive to ocean circulation patterns, according to climate scientists at Texas A&M University. (eponline.com)
- It also tells us that it might be a good idea to monitor subsurface temperatures in the western tropical Atlantic to assess how the strength of the ocean conveyor might be changing over the next few decades as Earth's climate continues to warm. (eponline.com)
- It has long been known that tropical climate - by redistributing vast amounts of solar energy through welling hot air and the formation of towering cumulous clouds - influences weather in other parts of the world. (innovations-report.com)
- But our model shows that these phenomena are equally weighted, that climate and weather at higher latitudes have as much of an influence on the tropics as tropical weather and climate influence the higher latitudes. (innovations-report.com)
- But we have found that the extratropics exert a strong control on tropical climate. (innovations-report.com)
- As a result, the importance of large-scale measurements and monitoring of tropical forest structure and biomass has rapidly increased throughout the science, conservation and climate change-policy communities. (phys.org)
- Forecast track for Tropical Depression Two. (chron.com)
- Forecast models surveyed by the Bureau suggest the La Niña event is likely to persist for the majority of the north Australian wet season. (palmtalk.org)
- On the forecast track, the center of the post-tropical cyclone will move near western Ireland on Monday, Oct. 16 and then near northern Scotland Monday night. (wattsupwiththat.com)
- Weakening is forecast during the next couple of days, and the post-tropical cyclone is expected to dissipate near western Norway by Tuesday night, Oct. 17. (wattsupwiththat.com)
- There it has brief window to become a tropical storm before moving into Mexico for a final landfall, probably to the south of Tampico. (chron.com)
- Moving slowly northeast, the system became a tropical storm the next day and gradually strengthened before making landfall on Hispaniola with winds of 50 miles per hour (80 km/h) on May 7. (wikipedia.org)
- But on Monday evening forecasters were still putting the odds of tropical storm force winds at landfall at between 40 and 50 percent. (miamiherald.com)
- But if it continues to spin as cyclones do and maintains its current trajectory, Cristobal would be the first tropical or post-tropical cyclone to make landfall on Lake Superior on records that go back to the mid-1800s. (gizmodo.com.au)
- Tropical Depression Nalgae weakened rapidly when it made landfall on Hainan Island, China yesterday and NASA's TRMM satellite observed lighter rainfall rates that coincided with its lower intensity. (phys.org)
- Tropical Depression Cristobal is seen over Louisiana on Monday afternoon about a day after making landfall. (upi.com)
- Satellite data indicates that the sea surface temperatures in Lane's path are as cool as 24 Celsius (75.2 Fahrenheit), cooler than the 26.6C (80F) needed to maintain a tropical cyclone, so forecasters note that after a day, Lane should begin to weaken. (nasa.gov)
- Other researchers have also predicted above-normal activity for the year, including forecasters at Colorado State University in Fort Collins and the University of Arizona in Tucson, as well as a consortium of risk experts known as Tropical Storm Risk at University College London. (sciencenews.org)
- Forecasters issued a tropical storm warning for the north part of the coast, from Cape Lookout to the Oregon Inlet, along with Pamlico Sound. (miamiherald.com)
- Both produced gale force winds for a period along the north Kimberley coast but were not classified as tropical cyclones since the gale areas did not surround the low centres. (bom.gov.au)
- EDT, Tropical Storm Kristy's maximum sustained winds are near 50 mph (85 kmh). (nasa.gov)
- But in a twist, the system turned fully tropical today with a more symmetric grouping of thunderstorms and 35 mph winds four miles below tropical storm status. (palmbeachpost.com)
- Tropical cyclones have their strongest winds at the center and are fueled by a warm core that draws energy from evaporation of warm ocean waters. (palmbeachpost.com)
- MIAMI (AP) - Josephine continued to just barely hold on to its tropical storm status Friday as Tropical Storm Kyle formed in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of New England, packing winds near gale force but with no major population centers in its projected path. (ap.org)
- After lashing the central Gulf Coast with tropical downpours, tropical-storm-force winds and coastal flooding over the weekend, Cristobal will race northward along the Mississippi Valley and into Great Lakes into the middle of the week. (upi.com)
- Regardless of development, the storm will bring gusty winds and heavy tropical downpours to areas of the Caribbean from Puerto Rico and Hispaniola to the Bahamas. (cnn.com)
- The Asian Tiger mosquito and Yellow Fever mosquito species are now present in parts of Europe thanks to warmer temperatures, bringing the risk of tropical diseases with them. (euobserver.com)
- Below average sea surface temperatures (SSTs) and sub-surface temperatures persist across the tropical Pacific Ocean. (palmtalk.org)
- Daytime temperatures are typically cooler from December onwards, and tropical cyclone activity is usually above average between November and April. (palmtalk.org)
- All of these groups cited very high sea-surface temperatures , or SST, in the tropical Atlantic Ocean as a key reason for the expected activity ( SN: 9/28/18 ). (sciencenews.org)
- What we found was that subsurface temperatures in the western tropical Atlantic rapidly warmed during cold periods in Earth's past," Schmidt explains. (eponline.com)
- Though temperatures have cooled considerably compared to earlier in the season, a band of warm water, shown in orange, still stretches across the Atlantic from Africa to the Yucatan. (nasa.gov)
- In order for a tropical cyclone to develop, sea surface temperatures need to be above 28 degrees Celsius (82 Fahrenheit), a threshold that is shown in orange in this image. (nasa.gov)
- The relationship between sea surface temperature and storm development can be seen in the animation, which shows clouds from the GOES-12 satellite over sea surface temperatures for each day of the season, from June 1 to November 1, 2005. (nasa.gov)
- July through October is peak jackfruit season. (azcentral.com)
- Jackfruit: All you need to know to enjoy this exotic tropical fruit that's in season July through October is peak jackfruit season. (azcentral.com)
- Jackfruit is in peak season. (azcentral.com)
- The semen was collected from individual ostrich bird in two different breeding seasons (early and peak) and evaluated for macroscopical and microscopical seminal attributes. (ijapsa.com)
- The overall mean values for volume, pH, appearance, per cent motility, concentration, per cent live and abnormal spermatozoa were better in Peak season than early. (ijapsa.com)
- The maiden attempt of study ensures the possibility of semen collection in ostrich and facilitated further processing or artificial insemination of semen in peak season based on macroscopical and microscopical seminal attributes. (ijapsa.com)
- Shoulder season refers to the off-peak travel times when Vrbo vacation homeowners decrease nightly rates due to less traveler demand and changing seasons. (vrbo.com)
- La Niña periods are typically associated with above average rainfall across northern Australia during the wet season, with an earlier monsoon onset in Darwin (which usually arrives around Christmas / New Year). (palmtalk.org)
- or monsoon zones (those areas that have well defined wet/dry seasons and experience monsoons). (wikipedia.org)
- Avoid the monsoon season. (latimes.com)
- Police and lifeguards from the Town of Lantana close the beach and boardwalk, Sunday, Aug. 2, 2020, as Tropical Storm Isaias brushes past the East Coast of Florida. (yahoo.com)
- In Indian River County, north of West Palm Beach, Florida, emergency shelters were clearing out Sunday after Isaias was downgraded to a tropical storm. (yahoo.com)
- During the next six months, odds are a tropical system will take aim at Central Florida - even if temporarily. (orlandosentinel.com)
- The league's 24th season will be played at a single site in Bradenton, Florida. (wowktv.com)
- Imagine the ultimate destination wedding at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles at Desroches Island. (fourseasons.com)
- Located at the heart of French Polynesia, Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora offers overwater bungalows and island adventures. (americanexpress.com)
- Located on Barnes Bay and Meads Bay, Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla is a tropical oasis. (americanexpress.com)
- The Australian Tropical Cyclone season has got off to a flying start with number 1 in the Indian Ocean - TC Alenga. (palmtalk.org)
- The name Alenga would have come from TCWC La Reunion, the first Australian name for this season is Fina. (palmtalk.org)
- The current MJO event spawned the first tropical cyclone for the Australian cyclone season, Severe Tropical Cyclone Alenga, which formed in the Indian Ocean last week. (palmtalk.org)
- Hera is easy to maintain, will grow side buds from the bottom, spring and autumn season, try to give enough light, full light, Hera form can be more compact and beautiful, the color is more beautiful, the light is not enough, the plant is easy to grow, the leaf color turns green even The red edge disappears. (ebay.ca)
- I had a plant of 'Tri-color' (pictured at right) which was very pretty, but it only lasted 2 seasons and did not grow much for me. (davesgarden.com)
- Seedling must be in the suitable season and the right temperature, if the high or low temperature, may cause the seeds low sprout rate or even zero sprout. (ebay.ca)
- The researchers used geochemical clues in fossils called foraminifera, tiny sea creatures with a hard shell, collected from a sediment core located off the northern coast of Venezuela, to generate a 22,000-year record of past ocean temperature and salinity changes in the upper 1,500 feet of water in the western tropical Atlantic. (eponline.com)
- What is the average temperature of a tropical dry forest? (reference.com)
- The average temperature in a tropical dry forest is approximately 63 degrees Fahrenheit. (reference.com)
- A tropical rain forest is a biome that gets at least 79 inches of rain every year and has a year-round temperature of between 68 and 95 degrees Fahrenheit. (reference.com)
- We used routine multi-environment trials data of diverse tropical maize varieties to: (1) fit 82 temperature dependent phenology models and select the best model for an individual variety, (2) develop a spatial framework that uses the phenology model to predict at landscape level the length of the vegetative and reproductive phases of diverse varieties of maize in different agro-ecologies. (springer.com)
- It's shades of 2018's Tropical Depression Alberto, a pre-season tropical cyclone that made lakefall on Lake Michigan, a first-ever occurrence . (gizmodo.com.au)
- TROPICAL STORM ALBERTO: This weak storm hit in May, before the. (chron.com)
- This May 20, 2012, satellite image shows Alberto, the first tropical storm of the 2012 season off the southeastern U.S. coast. (chron.com)
- TROPICAL STORM ALBERTO: This May 20, 2012, satellite image shows. (chron.com)
Remnant low pres1
- August and September are the primary transmission season for mosquito-borne diseases. (euobserver.com)
- Warmer weather and summer travel put tropical mosquito-borne diseases on the European health authorities' radar. (euobserver.com)
- The Asian Tiger mosquito and Yellow Fever mosquito species, which can act as disease vectors between humans, have facilitated the rise in cases of tropical diseases in Southern Europe in the last decade. (euobserver.com)
- The rising trend in cases of tropical diseases is concerning. (euobserver.com)
- For the same reasons, donations of blood by those who have travelled to an endemic region for tropical diseases, like malaria, would be refused for a period of months after their return as a precaution. (euobserver.com)
- While data reporting by member states of the ECDC is not mandatory, the level of compliance is high on tropical diseases. (euobserver.com)
- Disease fact sheets for governments and healthcare professionals are important aspects of the response, given how healthcare professionals usually know little to nothing about tropical diseases. (euobserver.com)
- However, governments, academia and industry are increasingly turning their attention to finding new treatments for tropical diseases in recent years. (euobserver.com)
- NGOs have run campaigns to raise awareness and funding for the developing world on tropical diseases. (euobserver.com)
- There are also organisations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, which has provided hundreds of millions of dollars in research funding towards the prevention of tropical diseases, with programmes on bed nets and mosquito control. (euobserver.com)
- Leading philanthropists as well as African and European governments have announced more than $150m to tackle neglected tropical diseases largely unknown in western countries, but which affect 1.5 billion people - or one in five on the planet. (bellanaija.com)
- The announcements to fund the prevention and treatment of neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) were made at a star-studded festival in Johannesburg, South Africa, co-hosted by the Government of South Africa, the House of Mandela, Motsepe Foundation, and the activist network Global Citizen . (bellanaija.com)
- A new product, the tropical cyclone threat map was trialed during this event. (bom.gov.au)
- The system is no threat to the U.S., but is notable for its spin up this early in the season. (palmbeachpost.com)
- Tropical depression One is no threat to land, but notable for its early formation. (palmbeachpost.com)
- This, as a late-season tropical storm, Otto, which poses no threat to the U.S., has developed in the southwestern Caribbean. (sun-sentinel.com)
- This study aimed to assess the effect of depth and season on the symbiotic bacterial dynamics and major metabolite profiles of specimens of X. muta thriving in a tropical marine biome (Portobelo Bay, Panamá), which allow us to determine whether variability patterns are similar to those reported for subtropical latitudes. (springer.com)
- This work presents findings about the composition and dynamics of the microbial assemblages of X. muta expanding and confirming current knowledge about its remarkable diversity and geographic variability as observed in this tropical marine biome. (springer.com)
- Factors that create these biases, which reached 98 percent in the study, include placement of field inventory plots, which for practical reasons must be accessible to field teams, and the tremendous natural variability of tropical forests. (phys.org)
- The tropical low that had been crossing the base of the NT Top End from Joseph Bonaparte Gulf is expected to move into the Gulf of Carpentaria in the next couple of days with a good probability of developing into a tropical cyclone. (palmtalk.org)
- The tropical low in the Gulf of Carpentaria is intensifying with a possibility of developing into a cyclone within 24 to 48 hours. (palmtalk.org)
- A tropical storm formed on August 11 in the southern Gulf of Mexico near the Yucatán Peninsula . (wikipedia.org)
- Tropical depression racing toward the Gulf of Mexico Thursday increased pressure on BP and the US government to decide whether to evacuate dozens of ships at the site of the ruptured oil well. (csmonitor.com)
- Tropical Storm Alex could bring good news to Gulf oil spill? (csmonitor.com)
- Significant development is unlikely until this system moves into the Gulf of Mexico next week where it has a medium chance of becoming a tropical cyclone. (miamiherald.com)
- Tropical Depression Cristobal is currently churning over the Midwest after bringing torrential rain and storm surge to the Gulf Coast . (gizmodo.com.au)
- Tropical Storm Cristobal spun up on Tuesday in the Gulf of Mexico. (gizmodo.com.au)
- June 8 (UPI) -- Tropical Storm Cristobal weakened to a tropical depression early Monday hours after it arrived on shore on the Gulf Coast, lashed the Louisiana shoreline and unleashed heavy rains as far east as Florida's western coast. (upi.com)