Mountaineering: A sport involving mountain climbing techniques.Frostbite: Damage to tissues as the result of low environmental temperatures.Blogging: Using an INTERNET based personal journal which may consist of reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks.Infectious bronchitis virus: A species of CORONAVIRUS causing infections in chickens and possibly pheasants. Chicks up to four weeks old are the most severely affected.Meningism: A condition characterized by neck stiffness, headache, and other symptoms suggestive of meningeal irritation, but without actual inflammation of the meninges (MENINGITIS). Spinal fluid pressure may be elevated but spinal fluid is normal. (DeJong, The Neurologic Examination, 4th ed, p673)Photography: Method of making images on a sensitized surface by exposure to light or other radiant energy.Surgical Mesh: Any woven or knit material of open texture used in surgery for the repair, reconstruction, or substitution of tissue. The mesh is usually a synthetic fabric made of various polymers. It is occasionally made of metal.Product Packaging: Form in which product is processed or wrapped and labeled. PRODUCT LABELING is also available.Suburethral Slings: Support structures, made from natural or synthetic materials, that are implanted below the URETHRA to treat URINARY STRESS INCONTINENCE.ColoradoTraction: The pull on a limb or a part thereof. Skin traction (indirect traction) is applied by using a bandage to pull on the skin and fascia where light traction is required. Skeletal traction (direct traction), however, uses pins or wires inserted through bone and is attached to weights, pulleys, and ropes. (From Blauvelt & Nelson, A Manual of Orthopaedic Terminology, 5th ed)Beak: In some animals, the jaws together with their horny covering. The beak usually refers to the bill of birds in which the whole varies greatly in form according of the food and habits of the bird. While the beak refers most commonly to birds, the anatomical counterpart is found also in the turtle, squid, and octopus. (From Webster, 3d ed & Storer, et al., General Zoology, 6th ed, p491, 755)Colorado tick fever virus: A species of COLTIVIRUS transmitted by the tick DERMACENTOR andersonii and causing fever, chills, aching head and limbs, and often vomiting. It occurs in the northwestern United States, except the Pacific Coast.Colorado Tick Fever: A febrile illness characterized by chills, aches, vomiting, leukopenia, and sometimes encephalitis. It is caused by the COLORADO TICK FEVER VIRUS, a reovirus transmitted by the tick Dermacentor andersoni.Advisory Committees: Groups set up to advise governmental bodies, societies, or other institutions on policy. (Bioethics Thesaurus)Ethics Committees: Committees established by professional societies, health facilities, or other institutions to consider decisions that have bioethical implications. The role of these committees may include consultation, education, mediation, and/or review of policies and practices. Committees that consider the ethical dimensions of patient care are ETHICS COMMITTEES, CLINICAL; committees established to protect the welfare of research subjects are ETHICS COMMITTEES, RESEARCH.AlaskaSkiing: A snow sport which uses skis to glide over the snow. It does not include water-skiing.Durable Medical Equipment: Devices which are very resistant to wear and may be used over a long period of time. They include items such as wheelchairs, hospital beds, artificial limbs, etc.WashingtonIndians, North American: Individual members of North American ethnic groups with ancient historic ancestral origins in Asia.Head Protective Devices: Personal devices for protection of heads from impact, penetration from falling and flying objects, and from limited electric shock and burn.Skating: Using ice skates, roller skates, or skateboards in racing or other competition or for recreation.Smog: A mixture of smoke and fog polluting the atmosphere. (Dorland, 27th ed)Bays: An area of water mostly surrounded by land, usually smaller than a gulf, and affording access to the sea.Sheltered Workshops: Protective places of employment for disabled persons which provide training and employment on a temporary or permanent basis.Acid Rain: Acidic water usually pH 2.5 to 4.5, which poisons the ecosystem and adversely affects plants, fishes, and mammals. It is caused by industrial pollutants, mainly sulfur oxides and nitrogen oxides, emitted into the atmosphere and returning to earth in the form of acidic rain water.Ozone: The unstable triatomic form of oxygen, O3. It is a powerful oxidant that is produced for various chemical and industrial uses. Its production is also catalyzed in the ATMOSPHERE by ULTRAVIOLET RAY irradiation of oxygen or other ozone precursors such as VOLATILE ORGANIC COMPOUNDS and NITROGEN OXIDES. About 90% of the ozone in the atmosphere exists in the stratosphere (STRATOSPHERIC OZONE).Lakes: Inland bodies of still or slowly moving FRESH WATER or salt water, larger than a pond, and supplied by RIVERS and streams.Fresh Water: Water containing no significant amounts of salts, such as water from RIVERS and LAKES.Silver: Silver. An element with the atomic symbol Ag, atomic number 47, and atomic weight 107.87. It is a soft metal that is used medically in surgical instruments, dental prostheses, and alloys. Long-continued use of silver salts can lead to a form of poisoning known as ARGYRIA.Beauty: Characteristics or attributes of persons or things which elicit pleasurable feelings.Great Lakes Region: The geographic area of the Great Lakes in general and when the specific state or states are not indicated. It usually includes Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.Rural Health Services: Health services, public or private, in rural areas. The services include the promotion of health and the delivery of health care.Remote Consultation: Consultation via remote telecommunications, generally for the purpose of diagnosis or treatment of a patient at a site remote from the patient or primary physician.Expeditions: Usually refers to planned scientific data-gathering excursions.Snow: Frozen water crystals that fall from the ATMOSPHERE.ArchivesAcclimatization: Adaptation to a new environment or to a change in the old.Myxozoa: Single-celled, aquatic endoparasitic worms that are currently considered belonging to the phylum CNIDARIA. They have a complex life cycle and parasitize a wide range of hosts including FISHES; ANNELIDA; and BRYOZOA.Tripelennamine: A histamine H1 antagonist with low sedative action but frequent gastrointestinal irritation. It is used to treat ASTHMA; HAY FEVER; URTICARIA; and RHINITIS; and also in veterinary applications. Tripelennamine is administered by various routes, including topically.Rift Valley Fever: An acute infection caused by the RIFT VALLEY FEVER VIRUS, an RNA arthropod-borne virus, affecting domestic animals and humans. In animals, symptoms include HEPATITIS; abortion (ABORTION, VETERINARY); and DEATH. In humans, symptoms range from those of a flu-like disease to hemorrhagic fever, ENCEPHALITIS, or BLINDNESS.Parasitic Diseases, Animal: Infections or infestations with parasitic organisms. The infestation may be experimental or veterinary.Slovenia: Created 7 April 1992 as a result of the division of Yugoslavia.Encyclopedias as Topic: Works containing information articles on subjects in every field of knowledge, usually arranged in alphabetical order, or a similar work limited to a special field or subject. (From The ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science, 1983)RomaniaAustriaRanunculus: A plant genus of the family RANUNCULACEAE that contains protoanemonin, anemonin, and ranunculin.Wilderness: Environment un-modified by human activity. Areas in which natural processes operate without human interference.Government PublicationsTravel: Aspects of health and disease related to travel.BooksWilderness Medicine: Skills and knowledge required for assessment and treatment of traumatic, environmental, and medical emergencies in remote geographic or wilderness environments.Government Publications as Topic: Discussion of documents issued by local, regional, or national governments or by their agencies or subdivisions.
"NORTH POLE - LAST DEGREE - TRIP". Thomas Ulrich. Retrieved 2 May 2017. huangjuan. "Mountaineering Entrepreneuse". Women of ... "Everest Summiteer Wang Jing's book on mountaineering " Life at Altitude " launched". Travel Biz News. Retrieved 2 May 2017. " ... Wang Jing has also authored two books based on her mountaineering experiences, Life at Altitude and Silence of the Summit. The ...
BBC News Trip Video Report Heathcote, Norman (1900). St Kilda. London & New York: Longmans, Green & Co. Heathcote, Norman. " ... "Climbing in St Kilda". Scottish Mountaineering Club Journal. 6 (5): 147-152. Retrieved 1 June 2014. Heights from Haswell-Smith ... Heathcote, Norman (May 1901). "Climbing in St Kilda". Scottish Mountaineering Club Journal. 6 (5): 147-151. Retrieved 30 May ...
On the other hand, float trips on the rivers are a popular way to see the park on the Copper, Nizina, Kennicott and Chitina ... "Mountaineering". Wrangell-St. Elias National Park. National Park Service. Retrieved February 19, 2013. "Visitor Centers". ... He was killed on a return trip in 1803. The Tlingit and Eyak attacked and destroyed the Russian post at Yakutat in 1805. It was ... "River Trips". Wrangell-St. Elias National Park. National Park Service. Retrieved February 19, 2013. "Highest Alaskan Summits". ...
The hike is considered easy and takes 1-2 hours round-trip. "Bláhnjúkur - Climbing, Hiking & Mountaineering". Mountain Forecast ...
"Mountaineering Club of Alaska, Mint Hut information page". Retrieved December 5, 2012. "Alaska Jack: Bomber Traverse trip ...
Winter Sports Club Organizes backcountry skiing and winter mountaineering trips. Trips are run to local mountains in New ... Dartmouth Mountaineering Club Organizes rock and ice climbing trips and competitions. Founded in 1936 by Jack Durrance, the ... Every term, the club runs four beginner trips out to either Rumney or Winslow, one intermediate/advanced trip to Cathedral or ... Smaller trips have been funded to Rogers Pass near Revelstoke, British Columbia and the Wasatch Range in Utah. Women in the ...
It is also a base for many hiking and mountaineering trips. Grächen has a quite small ski area of 40 km (25 mi). In 2011, a ...
Their early bicycle tour narratives were better received than their mountaineering books. At the end of their cycling trip ... These longer trips were Fanny's idea. The couple's first extended tour was a 2,800-mile (4,500 km) bicycle trip across Spain in ... Writing about this trip at length in In the Ice World of the Himalayas, Fanny made efforts to include scientific information ... For this trip, the couple hired six Italian porters from the Alps, 200 local porters, and Savoye returned as guide. As Isserman ...
The trips were approved by the Young Explorers Trust and the British Mountaineering Council. As well as the mountaineering and ... The Scout County is well known for their mountaineering adventure element of their program. Over the last few years two trips ... scientific elements were also completed Away from mountaineering the county also has run in the past trips to Uganda which ... The first trip, in 2004 featured a link up to Waddecar via a Sat phone during the campsite's birthday celebrations with the ...
TROG (trips-log) is a book published by the CUTC covering events of the year. Although described as an annual it often has ... It was formed for the pursuit of outdoor activities, mainly tramping, mountaineering and climbing. Club members also go ... The club has weekly meetings during term time, and multiple trips going away most weekends. The club dates back to before 1934 ...
The area has many easy trails for hiking, while also providing access to more serious mountaineering objectives. In winter, ice ... Those on alpine touring or telemark gear should find the trip easy.[original research?] The ski touring in the area ranges from ... Several mountaineering objectives and a couple of difficult scrambles can be reached from the Elk Lakes cabin. Mounts Fox, ... easy, flat tours to advanced ski mountaineering. The ski touring is not described in any guidebooks, so you will have to use a ...
In the past this was often on exploratory trips or to make first ascents. With the advent of cheaper, long-haul air travel, ... A Report to the Mountaineering Council of Scotland *^ a b Cox, Steven M.; Fulsaas, Kris, eds. (2009) . Mountaineering: ... Styles of mountaineeringEdit. There are two main styles of mountaineering: expedition style and alpine style. ... Accessibility of mountaineeringEdit. The true accessibility of mountaineering is found in a combination of factors that can be ...
The classical sightseeing trips to Armenia are popular not only among the tourists, but also with the local population. ... Mountaineering, camping and other kinds of activities are also common. The inhabitants of neighboring and far countries were ... Tourists stay at the hotels of those towns in order to have their passive rest or engage in extended trips over all Armenia ... Christian Philippians commenced making trips to Armenia from 2015. A four-day war was in Nagorno-Karabakh, and a hostage crisis ...
Besides caving the club has a long history of mountaineering in the Alps and the greater ranges. Recent trips include... ... Founded in 1892, the YRC is still a highly active club mountaineering and caving in the UK and all over the world. On 13 July ... The Yorkshire Ramblers' Club (YRC) is the second-oldest mountaineering club in England, the oldest being the Alpine Club. ... Headingley on 6 October 1892 it was unanimously decided to form a club to organise walking and mountaineering expeditions and ...
DesLauriers met his wife, Kit in 1999 while on a mountaineering trip to Mount Belukha in Siberia. Kit DesLauriers became the ...
... youth hikes in the Sierra Nevada and also served as a volunteer on Sierra Club mountaineering base camp trips through the 1970s ... On July 6, 1930, during the Sierra Club's annual High Trip, he first teamed up with Glen Dawson to make the third ascent of Red ... That summer, Eichorn joined Adams on the Sierra Club annual High Trip, which included a climb of Alta Peak in Sequoia National ... Eichorn was the winner of the Sierra Club's Francis P. Farquhar Mountaineering Award for 1972. His personal slogan was "Music ...
On a subsequent trip, they noticed a visible retreat of the glacier's terminus. The Vaux children, William, George, Jr., and ... Wheeler and the Alpine Club of Canada built a hut near Glacier House for mountaineering use. Feuz was one of several Swiss ...
Their fall was arrested by Pete Schoening in one of the greatest feats of mountaineering. Bell went on several more Himalayan ... He made two significant return trips to Peru in 1954 and 1956. Bell also climbed in the Karakoram of Pakistan, participating in ... and he was an active participant in the Harvard Mountaineering Club. In the 1940s, he made first ascents of four peaks in the ...
The program is committed to providing opportunities to get outdoors: camping, backpacking, canoeing, mountaineering, tree ... trip planning and survival. To provide a greater appreciation of the natural resources while outdoors, Wardens are taught about ... and add to the calendar an outdoor trip once per month. This schedule is augmented by offerings through the District, Regional ...
Books relating to subjects such as mountaineering and touring trips are published under the auspices of the society. The Club's ... The Club has about 2,700 volunteers, who lead roughly 7,000 trips and activities per year. The organization publishes a number ...
The hike was to commemorate his thirty years in California and he called it "the best trip I ever made." In 1968, he led a ... He spent his formative mountaineering years on Mount Hood during the mid to late 1930s. He was present during the "Golden Age" ... he and Laurie Engel made a pilgrimage trip to all five of the most prominent Buddhist holy sites in early 1968. The pair rented ... Smoke made his first trip to the Yosemite Valley in 1937 and later that summer stumbled into the Eastern Sierra town of Bishop ...
Carter often used his second home in Jefferson, New Hampshire as a base camp for school trips to the White Mountains. Carter ... Under his tenure as editor the Journal became one of the pre-eminent worldwide journals of record for mountaineering. He ... Due his long work as editor of the American Alpine Journal, Carter became an important chronicler of mountaineering. 1934 East ... He also founded the school's Ski and Mountaineering Club, which has become the H. Adams Carter Outdoor Program. ...
DesLauriers and her husband, Rob DesLauriers, met in 1999 while on a mountaineering trip to Mount Belukha in Siberia. The ... Her ski-mountaineering feats earned her a National Geographic Adventurer of the Year award in 2015. She is the first woman to ... It was then she decided to focus on ski mountaineering and began refining her skills so that she could ski anything, anywhere ...
And he has served as physician on mountaineering trips to Kilimanjaro as well as a number of Himalayan expeditions. Wohns has ...
The following recreational activities are encouraged: camping, picnicking, hiking, mountaineering, swimming, kayaking, ... horseback riding expeditions, hunting trips and flyfishing. Located 160 kilometres southwest of Williams Lake, or 250 km north ...
A trip may also be part of a round-trip, which is a particular type of travel whereby a person moves from one location to ... "Round-trip - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary". Merriam-Webster. Retrieved 2 March 2013.. ... "A Safe Trip Abroad." Bureau of Consular Affairs, U.S. Department of State. Accessed July 2011. ... and mission trips, business travel, trade, commuting, and other reasons, such as to obtain health care or waging or ...
The multi-day trip exposes guests to rugged terrain. ... challenge with our Yoho Peaks intermediate-level mountaineering ... our aim of this guided mountaineering trip is to summit several intermediate mountaineering peaks throughout the four days. ... have completed our Snow and Ice Long Weekend Mountaineering Course for Beginners or Intro to Mountaineering Programs this trip ... Mountaineering ice axe: Your ice axe should be 55-75 cm, and should be equipped with an adze. Yamnuska provides the Petzl ...
The whole trip was wonderful, it was a great experience and also the staff was super friendly and very safe. Would definitely ... 866-886-TRIP (8747) 970-369-1153P.O. Box 3325. Telluride, CO 81435. FacebookTwitterYouTube ... We met him on the trail this past Monday and he actually scheduled a special trip Tuesday afternoon to make it work with our ... I cant wait to come back to Telluride, and Dave and Mountain Trip are big reasons why. We will definitely be back to play ...
Trip Reports. * Trip Report - Early Turns in Jumbo, BC November 8, 2019. ... I hate to say it but we have found that Crossfit is a great workout for ski mountaineering. Plus it is very team oriented and ... One such man-rat is Bryan Wickenhauser, 2x Grand Traverse winner, 3x US Ski Mountaineering Team member, 2x Power of Four winner ... He likened effective training for ski mountaineering to be closely related to training for Nordic ski racing,including strength ...
If you decide to can-cel your trip or change your itin-er-ary, MMI must be noti-fied in writ-ing. Your trip will be can-celled ... High-altitude double mountaineering boots (6000m). Plastic or hybrid rated for 6,000-meter peak climbs or winter mountaineering ... MMI strong-ly rec-om-mends trip cancellation/interruption and evac-u-a-tion insur-ance for all trips. Our insur-ance part-ner ... Pric-ing varies based on age, trip cost, trip length, and lev-el of coverage. ...
For current information on planning a mountaineering trip on Denali or Mount Foraker, please check out our mountaineering info ... Mountaineering Volunteer Program Life on High The volunteer moun-taineering patrols on Denali at-tract some of the best ... Since 1979, mountaineering rangers in Talkeetna have written reports of that years mountaineering season. These reports are ... On May 6, the NPS mountaineering patrol rope team of mountaineering ranger Ron Johnson and SCA Keith Nicholson climbed from ...
A day trip to Base Camp? Everest to get new tourist centre, hotel and helipad ... Lifes like mountaineering - never look down: the wisdom of Sir Edmund Hillary ... and hundreds of British holidaymakers have now been forced to cancel their upcoming trips to the region. One firm, Wendy Wu ...
Climbing/Mountaineering. Climbing: A Higher Calling In every backpackers life, there comes a time when you stare awestruck at ... In my fully oxygenated daytime hours, I set my sights on another critical piece of pre-trip training: resuscitating leg muscles ... Mountaineering Fitness: Climb Like Ed. Got summit fever? The skys the limit with a fitness plan and climbing tips from world- ... Not that you need a name like Tenzing or Pemba to excel at mountaineering. In 1978, Peter Habeler and Reinhold Messner became ...
Carbon Offsets for Your Ski Trip - Worth it? February 11, 2020. * Ski Mountaineering Racing - Why Not? January 17, 2020. ... Glad to know the 180 Pro works as a mountaineering pack. At first I thought it would be too heavy, but it functions so well for ... Ive given up overnight backpacking trips for stop n drop car camping with day hikes. For many years Ive found the Gregory Z- ... Another note: Ive surprised myself by how much Ive been using the organizing insert in the summer and fall for day trips. To ...
... wind and equipment are just some of the considerations that have to be addressed when undertaking a mountaineering trip in ... Mountaineering. The history of mountaineering in the Denali region predates the establishment of the park, but not by long. ... Bus trips during summer months are a great way to take in Denalis scenery and wildlife. Because private vehicles are generally ... Bicycling is a fun, challenging alternative to exploring the park road, either as a day trip or an extended bike-and-camp ...
Planning and packing food for long trips in the backcountry can be challenging and time consuming - but the last thing you want ... The longer your trip is, the stricter you should be about minimizing your food weight. Focus your meal planning on foods that ... Food Planning for Mountaineering, Part I: Strategy. Posted on December 6, 2018. December 6, 2018. by Gear Department. - Posted ... Dinner is often a social hour in mountaineering, as most of the work for the day is behind you. Youll be dining with five-star ...
The Perfect Colorado Ice Cream Road Trip Winter, spring, summer, fall…ice cream is a good idea any time of year. So pack your ... RELATED: 40 Must-See Destinations in Colorado 5 Dog-Friendly Day Trips from Boulder […] ... Colorado has plenty of eye-catching hotel options to add a one-of-a-kind experience to your trip. ...
... adventure trips in Wrangell St. Elias National Park. Book a thrill of a lifetime. Since 1978. ... Ski Trips. *Learn ski mountaineering skills or head off in search of fresh powder, new lines and incredible adventure. ... Ski Trips *Learn ski mountaineering skills or head off in search of fresh powder, new lines and incredible adventure. ... Mountaineering. *Alaska climbing trips - from basic courses to summiting spectacular, remote mountains. ...
Book a Trip. 8 Day Alaska Mountaineering Course. Mt. Francis (10,450 ft.), Kahiltna Dome (12,525 ft.), Point Ferene (9,300 ft ... All rental equipment for trips taking place internationally will be shipped to you approximately two weeks prior to your trip ... A general mountaineering ice axe. Size according to height; under 52 use a 50 cm axe, 53 to 55 use a 55 cm axe, 56 ... General mountaineering crampons. We recommend modern steel 12-point crampons with anti-balling plates. Please do not bring 10- ...
Our Intro to Mountaineering course helps beginner climbers learn mountaineering fundamentals and experienced climbers learn the ... This trip will sure-ly get you hooked on climbing.. Intro to Mountaineering Course Curriculum Includes:. *Snow climb-ing, ice ... If you decide to can-cel your trip or change your itin-er-ary, MMI must be noti-fied in writ-ing. Your trip will be can-celled ... MMI strong-ly rec-om-mends trip cancellation/interruption and evac-u-a-tion insur-ance for all trips. Our insur-ance part-ner ...
Mountain Trips 7 Day Alaska mountaineering course covers glacier mountaineering: Travel techniques, crevasse rescue, winter ... The following is a general list of required gear for Alaska Range mountaineering courses with Mountain Trip. Climbers joining ... 7-Day Alaska Mountaineering Course. A 7-Day Alaska Mountaineering Course is a great way to prepare a novice or intermediate ... For glacier trips they can be used as a chest harness. For technical climbs (Carstensz Pyramid, rock climbing trips in Colorado ...
Slough Mountaineering Group (SMoG) - a BMC affiliated mountaineering, climbing, walking, biking, caving, skiing (and most other ... Slough may not have any mountains but it does have a mountaineering club! ... Where does SMoG go on trips?. Typically we have 4 or 5 trips to Wales, 4 or 5 trips to the Lake District and a couple of trips ... In the winter we stay in mountaineering club "huts"; in summer we often camp. The trip to Europe is normally scheduled for a ...
During this trip, Shipton and Tilman made first ascents of several other peaks, including Point Peter, Point Dutton, Midget ... "Kamweti Route Trip Report". Retrieved 14 May 2009. "Vegetation zonation and nomenclature of African Mountains - An overview". ...
"NORTH POLE - LAST DEGREE - TRIP". Thomas Ulrich. Retrieved 2 May 2017. huangjuan. "Mountaineering Entrepreneuse". Women of ... "Everest Summiteer Wang Jings book on mountaineering " Life at Altitude " launched". Travel Biz News. Retrieved 2 May 2017. " ... Wang Jing has also authored two books based on her mountaineering experiences, Life at Altitude and Silence of the Summit. The ...
We were four weeks into our trip when we made it to second camp, around 6,400m up. ... Woman reveals how her love of mountaineering nearly KILLED her when her brain was starved of oxygen climbing K2. The Savage ... Once home, I still had the climbing bug, and took various trips around the globe. ...
It is well worth the drive, even for just a day trip. A long and winding drive up from Hwy. 395, in Lone Pine CA - take Whitney ... backpackBackpackingboundarycolorcontour linesdigital mapsdownloadelevationfull colorhikehikingmap outmappingmapsmountaineering ... If you have your heart set on the seeing the big trees, go do that on another trip. Mineral King is a journey and after your ... This area is definitely geared towards Sierra backpackers & equestrian trips. The parking lots are pretty roomy, plus there is ...
... altitudeCampgroundcreekEastern SierragraniteHIgh Sierrahiking lakeshorsesinyokearsarge passlakemountainsonion valleypack trips ...
Trip Report: Shasta Mountain Guides Ski Mountaineering Seminar. April 23, 2015. Chris & Jenn Leave a Comment ... Shasta, Current conditions, Hidden Valley, Shastina, ski mountaineering, West Face. Mt. Shasta Climb Report 5.14.12. May 14, ... Our first summit trip is planned on Casaval Ridge 4/15-17. With all the snow this year, this route is once again in excellent ... At 4:30 PM we arrived at the Bunny Flat parking lot tired and euphoric after 4 days and 13,000 feet of ski mountaineering on 2 ...
Shasta summit, ski mountaineering, ski mt shasta. Trip Report: Shasta Mountain Guides Ski Mountaineering Seminar. April 23, ... Shasta, Current conditions, Hidden Valley, Shastina, ski mountaineering, West Face. SMG Trip Report Denali Prep April 2015. ... The second trip of the streak was a personal trip with friends from Kirkwood, and as I returned to Horsecamp the next day, I ... 4 ski trips back to back, summits on every trip, day after day of endless corn skiing, and 12 days and 40,000 vertical feet of ...
To register for the course, register or cancel lectures and field trips, or cancel entirely from the course, visit the course ... Mountaineering: The Freedom of the Hills, 9th Edition. by The Mountaineers. $34.95 ...
I have recently discovered an interest in mountaineering and was wanting to know what the best way to start was, instead of ... both needed for mountaineering. I would assume you might be doing some overnight kayak trips. Given the weather on and around ... These are skills that are needed for mountaineering. How about self-rescue techniques? Again, this is needed for mountaineering ... Mountaineering uses a wide variety of muscle groups, so when you cant get out on the rock, ice, and hills, so whatever other ...
ClimbingSummitWestern MountaineeringClimbersBackpackingAlaska Mountaineering CourseHigh altitudeExpeditionAlpineAdventuresPeakDenaliMountainsMountaineersTerrainStrenuousCramponsWest ButtressItineraryIntroSnowClimbsTrekDifficultyMountainYear'sExpeditionsTraverseInvolvesScotlandBootsCoursesGreatNepalLightweightAltitudeHikeCampTrekkingDaysPermitsPracticeRangersTypeSummerBackcountry tripActivitiesJourneyCancellationParticipantGoodSnowdoniaYearsBeginners
- This trip will sure-ly get you hooked on climbing. (mountainmadness.com)
- Visitors must obtain special mountaineering permits and pay special use fees ($250 or $350 per climber) if they are planning on climbing Mount McKinley or Mount Foraker. (mapquest.com)
- Rock climbing , mountaineering , hill walking , scrambling , mountain biking , caving and skiing are the core SMoG activities. (google.com)
- We also arrange local walks, mountain bike rides and indoor climbing, as well as trips to the pub. (google.com)
- And then there are the extra ad-hoc trips away for climbing, biking, caving. (google.com)
- From our base camp we can attempt several different climbing objectives and put the mountaineering skills in action. (mountaintrip.com)
- Climbing Mt. Shasta is considered one of the great mountaineering objectives of the American west. (shastaguides.com)
- Once home, I still had the climbing bug, and took various trips around the globe. (thesun.co.uk)
- I have recently discovered an interest in mountaineering and was wanting to know what the best way to start was, instead of randomly going out and climbing stuff without any guidance. (trailspace.com)
- By 'mountaineering' I assume you are using the standard meaning, climbing alpine peaks that may involve snow and ice as well as technical rock, potentially with glacier travel. (trailspace.com)
- We would sea-kayak, do some day-hikes, a couple of backpacking trips, and when the weather improves, a bit of climbing and white water kayaking. (trailspace.com)
- Mountaineering-related activities include traditional outdoor climbing , hiking , skiing , and traversing via ferratas . (wikipedia.org)
- The UIAA, the International Climbing and Mountaineering Federation , is the International Olympic Committee -recognized world governing body for mountaineering and climbing, addressing issues like access, medical, mountain protection, safety, youth, and ice climbing. (wikipedia.org)
- Please contact our office to arrange this alpine mountain climbing trip as we usually do this on a private guiding basis at your convenience. (yamnuska.com)
- For us, this was the ideal preparation to now start climbing mountains on our own, covering many basic mountaineering/climbing skills. (steliasguides.com)
- Type in the number of people in your climbing party and the list of available trips will update. (rmiguides.com)
- Colorado Mountain School offers a full range of rock climbing, mountaineering, and ice climbing classes in the park, ranging from a day to a week in length. (nationalgeographic.com)
- Backcountry camping permits while climbing or mountaineering must be obtained at the Jenny Lake Ranger Station during the summer. (nps.gov)
- Price includes round-trip transfer to Talkeetna, three nights lodging in Talkeetna, Climbing Permit & Entrance Fee. (rmiguides.com)
- Climbing the Matterhorn is committing, this means it is essential you have previous alpine mountaineering experience. (mountaintracks.co.uk)
- ALPINE CLUB OF CANADA, WHISTLER SECTION Outdoor club focused on mountaineering, ski touring, climbing and hiking. (piquenewsmagazine.com)
- Altitude sickness can be a great set back to any climbing trips. (medindia.net)
- Jason is one of three guides leading our group of aspiring mountaineers in a five-day 'Expedition Seminar' conducted by the climbing school, Rainier Mountaineering, Inc. (RMI). (backpacker.com)
- Based out of the historic Stanley Mitchell Hut, our aim of this guided mountaineering trip is to summit several intermediate mountaineering peaks throughout the four days. (yamnuska.com)
- As adventure travellers (we were passing through Telluride enroute to Jackson Hole, WY to summit Grand Teton) we can be hard to impress - but the Via Ferrata route and equally as important, our guides from Mountain Trip did not disappoint. (mountaintrip.com)
- Testing the MindShift pack for ski mountaineering on the summit of Mt. Baker. (wildsnow.com)
- Wang Jing has also authored two books based on her mountaineering experiences, Life at Altitude and Silence of the Summit. (wikipedia.org)
- Our first summit trip is planned on Casaval Ridge 4/15-17. (shastaguides.com)
- These are the most common incidents that can make climbers injured during the trip up the Summit of Borneo. (mount-kinabalu-borneo.com)
- Depending on the peak, the cost of a climb ranges from SFr69 ($64) for the summit of the month to SFr299 for a trip to Nepal. (swissinfo.ch)
- NOTE: Approximately 70% of the people who do this trip actually summit. (wildernessinquiry.org)
- MEC good but Western Mountaineering are awesome. (ubc-voc.com)
- In a one-week period in April I fielded three inquiries about the Western Mountaineering AstraLite , which was released in spring 2018 and which I've used for about 30 nights while scouting the Yosemite High Route in August, guiding trips in Sequoia-Kings in September, and enduring cold-and-wet conditions in West Virginia in May. (andrewskurka.com)
- Western Mountaineering has been making premium down sleeping bags and insulated clothing since the early-1970's in San Jose, Calif. And it's still owned by Gary Schaezlein, who co-founded the brand with Jeff Jones. (andrewskurka.com)
- The AstraLite is the first sleeping quilt from Western Mountaineering. (andrewskurka.com)
- The AstraLite was launched simultaneously with the Western Mountaineering NanoLite , which is lighter (11 oz) but less warm (38 degrees). (andrewskurka.com)
- Lastly, our Pre-Trip Refreshers are designed to help Denali climbers brush up on some aspects of glacier travel that they may either lack or that have gotten rusty over the years. (mountaintrip.com)
- Heavy winter snows, volcanic ash deposits, near record numbers of climbers, few accidents and generally good weather summarizes the 1990 mountaineering season in the Alaska Range. (nps.gov)
- The British Mountaineering Council ( BMC ) is the representative body that exists to protect the freedoms and promote the interests of climbers, hill walkers and mountaineers, including ski-mountaineers. (google.com)
- Mountaineering is often called alpinism , and mountain climbers are sometimes called alpinists , although use of the term may vary between countries and eras. (wikipedia.org)
- We advise that climbers should have previously completed a minimum of one week of alpine mountaineering, this experience could have been gained on Mont Blanc or on our Alpine Introduction course. (mountaintracks.co.uk)
- To climb Mt. Everest people should be of high-altitude experience of 6,500m and above if possible, and be technically competent people with basic 'know how' and little knowledge in mountaineering requiring more than one Sherpa guide at extra cost, as this will be the expeditions for non experienced and as well for professional climbers. (encountersnepal.com)
- Your member dues go towards funding the dream trips of climbers across the country. (issuu.com)
- For me, this has been just about the right size for ski mountaineering with glacier kit, crampons, etc. and for lightweight backpacking for up to five days. (wildsnow.com)
- Camping under the stars, swimming in pristine mountain lakes, looking out over scenic vistas… A backpacking trip can be the perfect way to reconnect with nature when you need a break from the pace of the modern world. (gooverseas.com)
- A backpacking tour, by definition, involves carrying everything that you'll need for the duration of your trip with you in your backpack. (gooverseas.com)
- Regardless of what style of backpacking trip you choose, you're certain to get close to nature and experience the authentic beauty of the land and everything it has to offer! (gooverseas.com)
- Many backpacking trips along the Great Walks feature basic accommodations with indoor plumbing. (gooverseas.com)
- Most backpacking trips along this trail are about a week in duration, and they tend to involve more luxury than is usual for backpacking trips, staying in hotels with soft beds and hot showers at the end of each day's hike. (gooverseas.com)
- Backpacking trips can vary a great deal in terms of the level of intensity and level of "roughing it," so it's important to be clear about what exactly you want and what you're hoping to get out of the trip. (gooverseas.com)
- When you review guided and self-guided backpacking tour providers, be sure to consider how their style of guiding matches with your goals for the trip. (gooverseas.com)
- Backpacking trips typically range from 3 to 8 days, though it is possible to find multiweek backpacking tours as well. (gooverseas.com)
- A three day guided camping trek on the Pacific Crest Trail or similar area runs about $800-$100, whereas a one-week luxury backpacking trip with nightly hotel accommodation in Europe could run between $2,500 and $3,500. (gooverseas.com)
- Your most important piece of gear for a backpacking trip is…your backpack. (gooverseas.com)
- No previous mountaineering experience is required, however, good physical condition is a must, and strong backpacking experience is required. (steliasguides.com)
- http://www.travelandleisure.com/trip-ideas/backpacking-tripsTrekking, Walking, and BikingAlpine AscentsAdrenaline-inducing mountaineering trips that. (travelandleisure.com)
- I offer learning-intensive and adventure-rich guided backpacking trips in California, Alaska, West Virginia, southern Utah, and the Rocky Mountains. (andrewskurka.com)
- Would backpacking, which at root would appear to have much in common with mountaineering-lace boots, strap on pack, hike uphill-prepare me for what's ahead? (backpacker.com)
- The spectacular glaciated peaks of Cotopaxi (19,348') and Cayambe (18,997'), located in the Ecuadorian Andes, offer exciting and accessible high altitude mountaineering. (rmiguides.com)
- The La Sportiva Olympus Mons EVO Boot is a double boot for high altitude mountaineering. (moosejaw.com)
- Rainforest, bamboo, tarns, alpine meadows, exotic high-altitude vegetation, sunbirds, hyrax and soaring eagles make a trek on this volcano one of the most unique mountaineering experiences in the world. (wildernessinquiry.org)
- This is a superb introduction to high-altitude mountaineering, with a wide variety of terrain and skill sets to learn. (jhmg.com)
- Hilaree Nelson O'Neill 's obsession with the Peak of Evil began with a photograph given to her by a pilot during her first ever mountaineering expedition. (nationalgeographic.com)
- Wilderness and expedition trips are a unique aspect of travel because of challenging terrain, extreme weather, remote locales, and long durations. (cdc.gov)
- To investigate the efficacy of osteopathic manipulative treatment (OMT) on a patient (K.K.H.) with mountaineering-induced bilateral plantar paresthesia and to assess the association of pes planus with paresthesia in members of the mountaineering expedition party that accompanied the patient. (jaoa.org)
- To determine if pes planus was associated with mountaineering-induced paresthesia, a sit-to-stand navicular drop test was performed on members of the expedition party. (jaoa.org)
- Jonathan died when he fell from Snowdon's East Ridge during a mountaineering expedition two years ago. (dailypost.co.uk)
- At 14,259 feet, Longs Peak is the park's highest point and offers a great taste of mountaineering. (nationalgeographic.com)
- Trip: Cheam Peak - North Face Date: 6/10/2009 Trip Report: After my grade 12 graduation this past weekend I wanted to kick off my summer by doing something big and committing and to do it solo. (cascadeclimbers.com)
- Qizhi Gan, Zhisheng Wu, Xianfeng Yang, Xingzheng Zhao, and Sun Bin will be guided by Mountain trip guides Sean McManamy and Brian Muller on an attempt of the West Buttress of North America's highest peak. (mountaintrip.com)
- Gannett Peak, located in the Wind River Range of the Rocky Mountains, is the highest mountain in Wyoming at 13,804 ft. and represents a unique mountaineering challenge. (adventuremedicalkits.com)
- Infamous for its inaccessibility, Gannett Peak requires the longest round trip approach of any state highpoint, with a minimum of 40 miles covered and a 9,000 ft. vertical climb. (adventuremedicalkits.com)
- Taking on a high peak is an exciting next step on my mountaineering journey. (adventuremedicalkits.com)
- Typically, Granite Peak climbs meet at 8:00 am in Cody, Wyoming, the date prior to the start of your trip. (jhmg.com)
- Our 12-day mountaineering courses are specifically oriented toward building upon the basics covered in our 7-day course and adding necessary components so that participants will leave the course ready to join a guided ascent of Denali. (mountaintrip.com)
- For current information on planning a mountaineering trip on Denali or Mount Foraker, please check out our mountaineering info . (nps.gov)
- The history of mountaineering in the Denali region predates the establishment of the park, but not by long. (mapquest.com)
- Temperature, altitude, wind and equipment are just some of the considerations that have to be addressed when undertaking a mountaineering trip in Denali, whether you're planning to scale Mount McKinley, Mount Foraker or the rock-and-ice walls of Ruth Gorge. (mapquest.com)
- This course is provided by Mountain Trip Alaska, LLC, an authorized concessionaire of Denali National Park and Preserve. (mountaintrip.com)
- Our 7-day mountaineering courses are a great place for someone with relatively no experience in the mountains to start, and are equally applicable for someone with a solid resume of Colorado 14er ascents, but no glacier experience to add those skills to his or her repertoire. (mountaintrip.com)
- Slough may not have any mountains but it does have a mountaineering club! (google.com)
- The trip to Europe is normally scheduled for a fortnight in late July/early August, staying at campsites with good access to the mountains. (google.com)
- Mountaineering is the set of activities that involves ascending mountains. (wikipedia.org)
- While mountaineering began as attempts to reach the highest point of unclimbed big mountains, it has branched into specializations that address different aspects of mountains, depending on whether the route chosen is over rock , snow , or ice or on level ground. (wikipedia.org)
- It's set among picturesque mountains, with surrounds that offer hiking, trekking and mountaineering opportunities galore. (peregrineadventures.com)
- If you are planning a trek to the high mountains, the mountaineering gear and clothing is not your only concern. (medindia.net)
- From that medical/rescue camp, the mountaineering rangers contacted mountaineers and coordinated search and rescue activities. (nps.gov)
- My time spent with The Mountaineers was limited by the fact that their trips were made during the summer and other vacation periods when I was engaged in mine field work. (alpenglow.org)
- Take a day trip to one of our glaciers, float down a glacial river or explore this beautiful terrain by foot - you decide! (steliasguides.com)
- You might be most interested in a strenuous backcountry trip that involves camping in a tent and building your own fire each night, or you might be most interested in a walking/hiking trip over gentle to moderate terrain with hotel accommodation each night. (gooverseas.com)
- Joining him on the January trip was Tora, a snow leopard and soon-to-be gift for a child. (swissinfo.ch)
- 2006 was a heavy snow year, and even before our trip snow could be found as low as 2500 feet. (backpackinglight.com)
- It was any weatherman's guess whether the early snow this year would bring a sunny September for our big trip. (backpackinglight.com)
- Trip planning should include allowances for limited daylight, snow conditions, temperature extremes, and the number of people in the group, their experience and physical condition. (us-parks.com)
- Overnight ski and snowshoe trips during December and January are difficult due to short days, extreme temperatures, and soft snow. (us-parks.com)
- I think Roberts was remembering a different trip when he described the incident with the snow bank in his letter to Eugene Faure. (alpenglow.org)
- This quote: "The Ski Tours Committee scheduled thirteen ski tours and six ski climbs, with an average attendance of 15 per trip. (alpenglow.org)
- Attendance at a majority of training hikes & climbs beginning in April (exception may be made for out-of-state participants at the discretion of the trip leader). (cmc.org)
- I guide rock and ice climbs in the northeastern US, especially here in the Gunks, as well as early spring and late fall trips to Red Rocks and occasional visits to the Colorado Front Range where I lived from 1994-2003. (amga.com)
- Pre trip support will be given by our Operations team with first hand knowledge of Makalu to Everest GHT trek. (themountaincompany.co.uk)
- Pre trip support will be given by our Operations team with first hand knowledge of Kanchenjunga GHT trek. (themountaincompany.co.uk)
- All accommodations for Everest Sherpa Cultural Trek are on a twin-sharing basis included in the trip cost. (windhorsetours.com)
- Signup here to receive the Mountain Trip Newsletter! (mountaintrip.com)
- I can't wait to come back to Telluride, and Dave and Mountain Trip are big reasons why. (mountaintrip.com)
- Everyone at Mountain Trip was amazing to work with! (mountaintrip.com)
- I think there are other Via Ferrata guides in the area but I can't imagine them being better than Mountain Trip. (mountaintrip.com)
- On a typical weekend trip away, a number of people will walk, others will climb, scramble or mountain bike. (google.com)
- The following is a general list of required gear for Alaska Range mountaineering courses with Mountain Trip. (mountaintrip.com)
- Our approach to organising trips in the Himalayas has helped The Mountain Company win awards such as 2018 Gold Award as AITO Tour Operator of the Year and 2015 Bronze Award as AITO Tour Operator of the Year. (themountaincompany.co.uk)
- A Colorado Mountain School guide familiarizes a client with mountaineering equipment in the stunning Chasm Lake Cirque in Rocky Mountain National Park. (nationalgeographic.com)
- The Run My Mountain offering provides opportunities for mountain biking, hiking, mountaineering and - for the especially brave - paragliding. (fourseasons.com)
- We were able to spot small dirt roads, barely tracks from 4WD vehichles, record the coordinates into our GPS units before the trip, and then inform our driver that "in 1.2 kilometer, we expect to turn off the road to the right", following a smaller access track towards our target mountain etc. (uib.no)
- I was the recipient of the 2010 Marmot Scholarship for my Ski Mountaineering Guide Exam, which is my last exam towards full IFMGA Mountain Guide Certification. (amga.com)
- Since 1979, mountaineering rangers in Talkeetna have written reports of that year's mountaineering season. (nps.gov)
- The novel coronavirus pandemic has changed some things: Teaching arrangements will be considerably different in the fall, and this year's pre-orientation trips with Outdoor Pursuits have been canceled. (pacificu.edu)
- Concern over a repeat of the 1986 early closures was well publicized and a number of groups planning late expeditions to the Alaska Range either moved their trips ahead or cancelled altogether. (nps.gov)
- His tour operator, Teddy to the Top, has been organising mountaineering expeditions for stuffed toys for the past three years. (swissinfo.ch)
- These two days will be a busy day preparation for the expeditions on packing and paperwork's or for hiring of equipment and other necessary items for the trip. (encountersnepal.com)
- One such man-rat is Bryan Wickenhauser, 2x Grand Traverse winner, 3x US Ski Mountaineering Team member, 2x Power of Four winner, 2009 Five Peaks Team winner, plus a familiar face at nearly every skimo race here in Colorado. (wildsnow.com)
- Aconcagua Normal Route trip or for the Aconcagua Polish Traverse and take your mountaineering skills to a whole new level. (mountainmadness.com)
- Typically we have 4 or 5 trips to Wales, 4 or 5 trips to the Lake District and a couple of trips to Scotland. (google.com)
- Mountaineering Scotland said hillgoers north of the border will not be at risk of being fined if they need rescuing - as long as they have adhered to lockdown rules. (grough.co.uk)
- Sailing in the Hebrides is very like winter mountaineering in Scotland," opined Graham. (scotsmagazine.com)
- In the early 1970's the Slough College of Technology (now Thames Valley University) ran Mountaineering courses. (google.com)
- When the courses were no longer offered the participants decided to start up their own local mountaineering club in order to cater for the needs of outdoor sports enthusiasts in the area. (google.com)
- The whole trip was wonderful, it was a great experience and also the staff was super friendly and very safe. (mountaintrip.com)
- Our best value trip protection plan provides great benefits at a great price. (visitorsinsurance.com)
- Despite these setbacks, we had a great time, traveling some ninety miles in eight days, eventually meeting up with a couple common friends for the last two days of the trip. (trailspace.com)
- When you sign up to receive the MTS email newsletter, you'll not only get first crack at great new trips, exciting events, and enticing travel specials, but you'll have a chance to win some pretty cool travel prizes too. (mtsobek.com)
- The Alps Wasatch internal frame pack is a great quality pack for your next camping or hiking trip. (midwayusa.com)
- Trip: Dildorado - West Ridge Rapege Date: 7/3/2009 Trip Report: charlie don't surf, and joshk sure as fuck don't aid climb, so what for us star-crossed companions to do on my great big summa'thrills? (cascadeclimbers.com)
- The ski trips in winter with small groups were great fun. (alpenglow.org)
- We've had a great trip as part of our training for our Patagonia trip. (alpinismski.co.nz)
- Great weather, great organisation, and the trip from Centennial Hut to Chancellor Hut was a classic. (alpinismski.co.nz)
- This is a new, exciting trip for us and it's no understatement to say the planets aligned and the team experienced the most amazing weather and ski conditions for four days in Hidden Valley. (shastaguides.com)
- Pre-existing medical conditions are covered if you enroll in this plan within 10 days of your initial trip deposit and buy coverage for the full cost of your trip. (visitorsinsurance.com)
- Contact a park ranger at a ranger station or visitor center before you begin a ski trip-- whether for a few hours or several days. (us-parks.com)
- If you are on a hiking, skiing or mountaineering trip, try to arrive a few days early to give your body a chance to adjust. (trails.com)
- In a statement read to the jury at Caernarfon Crown Court, Mr Attwell said he had gone to the Scout Hall two days before the troop set off on their trip to Snowdonia. (dailypost.co.uk)
- Sleeping at the climber's hut at over 15,000', we use the mountain's glaciers to review and practice our mountaineering techniques. (rmiguides.com)
- Our "practice" hikes prepared us for tougher challenges, and in the end, our big trip reminded us that gear is only part of the equation, and that the wilderness seldom gives you what you expect. (backpackinglight.com)
- Par-tic-i-pant under-stands that MMI does not include any-type of insur-ance with the cost of the trip. (mountainmadness.com)
- Obtain details about the type, length, and remoteness of the trip. (cdc.gov)
- Confirm if the skill level of the participant matches the trip type: beginners in an activity such as diving, mountaineering, skiing, or sailing should participate in instructional trips. (cdc.gov)
- Confirm if the skill level of the participant matches the trip type. (cdc.gov)
- The English weekend is the occasion for countryside trips and for outdoor activities from fishing to mountaineering. (britannica.com)
- In addition to the liability coverage that the ACC provides for its members when they are participating in ACC activities, the ACC sells, through TuGo™ Travel Insurance, personal insurance for trips. (alpineclubofcanada.ca)
- MMI strong-ly rec-om-mends trip cancellation/interruption and evac-u-a-tion insur-ance for all trips. (mountainmadness.com)
- Optional plans (trip interruption, Cancellation, Accidental Death & Dismemberment) available. (ubc-voc.com)
- As a broker for TuGo, the ACC offers Emergency Medical Insurance, Trip Cancellation Insurance, Baggage Insurance and more. (alpineclubofcanada.ca)
- With trip cancellation insurance you can protect your investment. (alpineclubofcanada.ca)
- With trip cancellation insurance, if you have a medical or other emergency and you have to cancel, your fees will not be lost. (alpineclubofcanada.ca)
- Proper mountaineering training is very subjective, and we encourage you to contact us so we can work with you to develop a good training regimen for your lifestyle. (mountaintrip.com)
- What would a good mountaineering magazine be to get? (trailspace.com)
- So if you're not sure if you're in good enough shape for a trip schedule a checkup for yourself, and make sure you stock up on your prescription drugs. (gobackpacking.com)
- Good clothing for winter mountaineering in Norway is largely adequate. (uib.no)
- I carried my Bibler tent along on this trip and we made good use of it, but not on Ojos. (uib.no)
- Exercising and jogging regularly for some weeks before the trip is a good idea to enhance your strength and stability. (windhorsetours.com)
- Trips are often long: several weeks, months, or years. (cdc.gov)
- This is the first CMC trip to Turkey in many years and our first ever CMC trip to beautiful Bulgaria. (cmc.org)
- In it, you'll find more of the stories you've grown used to seeing here over the years, from first-hand accounts of grant-funded trips and conservation projects to spotlights on notable members. (issuu.com)
- Regarding ski bags: A few years ago I did a trip to Europe with a buddy where we were bringing a lot of gear. (tetongravity.com)