Clinical Trials as Topic
Works about pre-planned studies of the safety, efficacy, or optimum dosage schedule (if appropriate) of one or more diagnostic, therapeutic, or prophylactic drugs, devices, or techniques selected according to predetermined criteria of eligibility and observed for predefined evidence of favorable and unfavorable effects. This concept includes clinical trials conducted both in the U.S. and in other countries.
Clinical Trials, Phase III as Topic
Works about comparative studies to verify the effectiveness of diagnostic, therapeutic, or prophylactic drugs, devices, or techniques determined in phase II studies. During these trials, patients are monitored closely by physicians to identify any adverse reactions from long-term use. These studies are performed on groups of patients large enough to identify clinically significant responses and usually last about three years. This concept includes phase III studies conducted in both the U.S. and in other countries.
Clinical Trials, Phase II as Topic
Works about studies that are usually controlled to assess the effectiveness and dosage (if appropriate) of diagnostic, therapeutic, or prophylactic drugs, devices, or techniques. These studies are performed on several hundred volunteers, including a limited number of patients with the target disease or disorder, and last about two years. This concept includes phase II studies conducted in both the U.S. and in other countries.
Clinical Trials, Phase I as Topic
Works about studies performed to evaluate the safety of diagnostic, therapeutic, or prophylactic drugs, devices, or techniques in healthy subjects and to determine the safe dosage range (if appropriate). These tests also are used to determine pharmacologic and pharmacokinetic properties (toxicity, metabolism, absorption, elimination, and preferred route of administration). They involve a small number of persons and usually last about 1 year. This concept includes phase I studies conducted both in the U.S. and in other countries.
Controlled Clinical Trials as Topic
Works about clinical trials involving one or more test treatments, at least one control treatment, specified outcome measures for evaluating the studied intervention, and a bias-free method for assigning patients to the test treatment. The treatment may be drugs, devices, or procedures studied for diagnostic, therapeutic, or prophylactic effectiveness. Control measures include placebos, active medicines, no-treatment, dosage forms and regimens, historical comparisons, etc. When randomization using mathematical techniques, such as the use of a random numbers table, is employed to assign patients to test or control treatments, the trials are characterized as RANDOMIZED CONTROLLED TRIALS AS TOPIC.
Any dummy medication or treatment. Although placebos originally were medicinal preparations having no specific pharmacological activity against a targeted condition, the concept has been extended to include treatments or procedures, especially those administered to control groups in clinical trials in order to provide baseline measurements for the experimental protocol.
Multicenter Studies as Topic
Clinical Trials Data Monitoring Committees
Committees established to review interim data and efficacy outcomes in clinical trials. The findings of these committees are used in deciding whether a trial should be continued as designed, changed, or terminated. Government regulations regarding federally-funded research involving human subjects (the "Common Rule") require (45 CFR 46.111) that research ethics committees reviewing large-scale clinical trials monitor the data collected using a mechanism such as a data monitoring committee. FDA regulations (21 CFR 50.24) require that such committees be established to monitor studies conducted in emergency settings.
Drug Administration Schedule
Drug Therapy, Combination
Quality of Life
A method of comparing the cost of a program with its expected benefits in dollars (or other currency). The benefit-to-cost ratio is a measure of total return expected per unit of money spent. This analysis generally excludes consideration of factors that are not measured ultimately in economic terms. Cost effectiveness compares alternative ways to achieve a specific set of results.
Antineoplastic Combined Chemotherapy Protocols
Clinical Trials, Phase IV as Topic
Planned post-marketing studies of diagnostic, therapeutic, or prophylactic drugs, devices, or techniques that have been approved for general sale. These studies are often conducted to obtain additional data about the safety and efficacy of a product. This concept includes phase IV studies conducted in both the U.S. and in other countries.
Outcome Assessment (Health Care)
Combined Modality Therapy
A class of statistical procedures for estimating the survival function (function of time, starting with a population 100% well at a given time and providing the percentage of the population still well at later times). The survival analysis is then used for making inferences about the effects of treatments, prognostic factors, exposures, and other covariates on the function.
Severity of Illness Index
Studies comparing two or more treatments or interventions in which the subjects or patients, upon completion of the course of one treatment, are switched to another. In the case of two treatments, A and B, half the subjects are randomly allocated to receive these in the order A, B and half to receive them in the order B, A. A criticism of this design is that effects of the first treatment may carry over into the period when the second is given. (Last, A Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)
Intention to Treat Analysis
An approach of practicing medicine with the goal to improve and evaluate patient care. It requires the judicious integration of best research evidence with the patient's values to make decisions about medical care. This method is to help physicians make proper diagnosis, devise best testing plan, choose best treatment and methods of disease prevention, as well as develop guidelines for large groups of patients with the same disease. (from JAMA 296 (9), 2006)
Dose-Response Relationship, Drug
Products in capsule, tablet or liquid form that provide dietary ingredients, and that are intended to be taken by mouth to increase the intake of nutrients. Dietary supplements can include macronutrients, such as proteins, carbohydrates, and fats; and/or MICRONUTRIENTS, such as VITAMINS; MINERALS; and PHYTOCHEMICALS.
A direct form of psychotherapy based on the interpretation of situations (cognitive structure of experiences) that determine how an individual feels and behaves. It is based on the premise that cognition, the process of acquiring knowledge and forming beliefs, is a primary determinant of mood and behavior. The therapy uses behavioral and verbal techniques to identify and correct negative thinking that is at the root of the aberrant behavior.
Trial of Labor
A group of pathological conditions characterized by sudden, non-convulsive loss of neurological function due to BRAIN ISCHEMIA or INTRACRANIAL HEMORRHAGES. Stroke is classified by the type of tissue NECROSIS, such as the anatomic location, vasculature involved, etiology, age of the affected individual, and hemorrhagic vs. non-hemorrhagic nature. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp777-810)
Meta-Analysis as Topic
A quantitative method of combining the results of independent studies (usually drawn from the published literature) and synthesizing summaries and conclusions which may be used to evaluate therapeutic effectiveness, plan new studies, etc., with application chiefly in the areas of research and medicine.
Data Interpretation, Statistical
A nonparametric method of compiling LIFE TABLES or survival tables. It combines calculated probabilities of survival and estimates to allow for observations occurring beyond a measurement threshold, which are assumed to occur randomly. Time intervals are defined as ending each time an event occurs and are therefore unequal. (From Last, A Dictionary of Epidemiology, 1995)
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
Analysis of Variance
Any deviation of results or inferences from the truth, or processes leading to such deviation. Bias can result from several sources: one-sided or systematic variations in measurement from the true value (systematic error); flaws in study design; deviation of inferences, interpretations, or analyses based on flawed data or data collection; etc. There is no sense of prejudice or subjectivity implied in the assessment of bias under these conditions.
Diseases which have one or more of the following characteristics: they are permanent, leave residual disability, are caused by nonreversible pathological alteration, require special training of the patient for rehabilitation, or may be expected to require a long period of supervision, observation, or care. (Dictionary of Health Services Management, 2d ed)
Therapeutic Human Experimentation
Antibodies, Monoclonal, Humanized
Antibodies from non-human species whose protein sequences have been modified to make them nearly identical with human antibodies. If the constant region and part of the variable region are replaced, they are called humanized. If only the constant region is modified they are called chimeric. INN names for humanized antibodies end in -zumab.
A set of statistical methods used to group variables or observations into strongly inter-related subgroups. In epidemiology, it may be used to analyze a closely grouped series of events or cases of disease or other health-related phenomenon with well-defined distribution patterns in relation to time or place or both.
Proportional Hazards Models
An inorganic and water-soluble platinum complex. After undergoing hydrolysis, it reacts with DNA to produce both intra and interstrand crosslinks. These crosslinks appear to impair replication and transcription of DNA. The cytotoxicity of cisplatin correlates with cellular arrest in the G2 phase of the cell cycle.
Risk Reduction Behavior
Measurable and quantifiable biological parameters (e.g., specific enzyme concentration, specific hormone concentration, specific gene phenotype distribution in a population, presence of biological substances) which serve as indices for health- and physiology-related assessments, such as disease risk, psychiatric disorders, environmental exposure and its effects, disease diagnosis, metabolic processes, substance abuse, pregnancy, cell line development, epidemiologic studies, etc.
The influence of study results on the chances of publication and the tendency of investigators, reviewers, and editors to submit or accept manuscripts for publication based on the direction or strength of the study findings. Publication bias has an impact on the interpretation of clinical trials and meta-analyses. Bias can be minimized by insistence by editors on high-quality research, thorough literature reviews, acknowledgement of conflicts of interest, modification of peer review practices, etc.
Predictive Value of Tests
In screening and diagnostic tests, the probability that a person with a positive test is a true positive (i.e., has the disease), is referred to as the predictive value of a positive test; whereas, the predictive value of a negative test is the probability that the person with a negative test does not have the disease. Predictive value is related to the sensitivity and specificity of the test.
Precursor of an alkylating nitrogen mustard antineoplastic and immunosuppressive agent that must be activated in the LIVER to form the active aldophosphamide. It has been used in the treatment of LYMPHOMA and LEUKEMIA. Its side effect, ALOPECIA, has been used for defleecing sheep. Cyclophosphamide may also cause sterility, birth defects, mutations, and cancer.
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
Practice Guidelines as Topic
Directions or principles presenting current or future rules of policy for assisting health care practitioners in patient care decisions regarding diagnosis, therapy, or related clinical circumstances. The guidelines may be developed by government agencies at any level, institutions, professional societies, governing boards, or by the convening of expert panels. The guidelines form a basis for the evaluation of all aspects of health care and delivery.
Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.
Quality-Adjusted Life Years
Neoplasm Recurrence, Local
Health Care Costs
The actual costs of providing services related to the delivery of health care, including the costs of procedures, therapies, and medications. It is differentiated from HEALTH EXPENDITURES, which refers to the amount of money paid for the services, and from fees, which refers to the amount charged, regardless of cost.
A distribution in which a variable is distributed like the sum of the squares of any given independent random variable, each of which has a normal distribution with mean of zero and variance of one. The chi-square test is a statistical test based on comparison of a test statistic to a chi-square distribution. The oldest of these tests are used to detect whether two or more population distributions differ from one another.
A class of statistical methods applicable to a large set of probability distributions used to test for correlation, location, independence, etc. In most nonparametric statistical tests, the original scores or observations are replaced by another variable containing less information. An important class of nonparametric tests employs the ordinal properties of the data. Another class of tests uses information about whether an observation is above or below some fixed value such as the median, and a third class is based on the frequency of the occurrence of runs in the data. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed, p1284; Corsini, Concise Encyclopedia of Psychology, 1987, p764-5)
Studies in which subsets of a defined population are identified. These groups may or may not be exposed to factors hypothesized to influence the probability of the occurrence of a particular disease or other outcome. Cohorts are defined populations which, as a whole, are followed in an attempt to determine distinguishing subgroup characteristics.
Platelet Aggregation Inhibitors
Physical Therapy Modalities
Recovery of Function
Primary Health Care
Drugs used in the treatment of acute or chronic vascular HYPERTENSION regardless of pharmacological mechanism. Among the antihypertensive agents are DIURETICS; (especially DIURETICS, THIAZIDE); ADRENERGIC BETA-ANTAGONISTS; ADRENERGIC ALPHA-ANTAGONISTS; ANGIOTENSIN-CONVERTING ENZYME INHIBITORS; CALCIUM CHANNEL BLOCKERS; GANGLIONIC BLOCKERS; and VASODILATOR AGENTS.
Procedures for finding the mathematical function which best describes the relationship between a dependent variable and one or more independent variables. In linear regression (see LINEAR MODELS) the relationship is constrained to be a straight line and LEAST-SQUARES ANALYSIS is used to determine the best fit. In logistic regression (see LOGISTIC MODELS) the dependent variable is qualitative rather than continuously variable and LIKELIHOOD FUNCTIONS are used to find the best relationship. In multiple regression, the dependent variable is considered to depend on more than a single independent variable.
Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2
A subclass of DIABETES MELLITUS that is not INSULIN-responsive or dependent (NIDDM). It is characterized initially by INSULIN RESISTANCE and HYPERINSULINEMIA; and eventually by GLUCOSE INTOLERANCE; HYPERGLYCEMIA; and overt diabetes. Type II diabetes mellitus is no longer considered a disease exclusively found in adults. Patients seldom develop KETOSIS but often exhibit OBESITY.
Guidelines as Topic
A systematic statement of policy rules or principles. Guidelines may be developed by government agencies at any level, institutions, professional societies, governing boards, or by convening expert panels. The text may be cursive or in outline form but is generally a comprehensive guide to problems and approaches in any field of activity. For guidelines in the field of health care and clinical medicine, PRACTICE GUIDELINES AS TOPIC is available.
Psychiatric Status Rating Scales
United States Food and Drug Administration
The prototypical analgesic used in the treatment of mild to moderate pain. It has anti-inflammatory and antipyretic properties and acts as an inhibitor of cyclooxygenase which results in the inhibition of the biosynthesis of prostaglandins. Aspirin also inhibits platelet aggregation and is used in the prevention of arterial and venous thrombosis. (From Martindale, The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 30th ed, p5)
Hydroxymethylglutaryl-CoA Reductase Inhibitors
Health Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice
Maximum Tolerated Dose
The ratio of two odds. The exposure-odds ratio for case control data is the ratio of the odds in favor of exposure among cases to the odds in favor of exposure among noncases. The disease-odds ratio for a cohort or cross section is the ratio of the odds in favor of disease among the exposed to the odds in favor of disease among the unexposed. The prevalence-odds ratio refers to an odds ratio derived cross-sectionally from studies of prevalent cases.
Review Literature as Topic
Published materials which provide an examination of recent or current literature. Review articles can cover a wide range of subject matter at various levels of completeness and comprehensiveness based on analyses of literature that may include research findings. The review may reflect the state of the art. It also includes reviews as a literary form.
Drug-Related Side Effects and Adverse Reactions
Statistical models which describe the relationship between a qualitative dependent variable (that is, one which can take only certain discrete values, such as the presence or absence of a disease) and an independent variable. A common application is in epidemiology for estimating an individual's risk (probability of a disease) as a function of a given risk factor.
Sensitivity and Specificity
The application of drug preparations to the surfaces of the body, especially the skin (ADMINISTRATION, CUTANEOUS) or mucous membranes. This method of treatment is used to avoid systemic side effects when high doses are required at a localized area or as an alternative systemic administration route, to avoid hepatic processing for example.
Angioplasty, Balloon, Coronary
Mood-stimulating drugs used primarily in the treatment of affective disorders and related conditions. Several MONOAMINE OXIDASE INHIBITORS are useful as antidepressants apparently as a long-term consequence of their modulation of catecholamine levels. The tricyclic compounds useful as antidepressive agents (ANTIDEPRESSIVE AGENTS, TRICYCLIC) also appear to act through brain catecholamine systems. A third group (ANTIDEPRESSIVE AGENTS, SECOND-GENERATION) is a diverse group of drugs including some that act specifically on serotonergic systems.
Outcome and Process Assessment (Health Care)
Statistics as Topic
A heterogeneous condition in which the heart is unable to pump out sufficient blood to meet the metabolic need of the body. Heart failure can be caused by structural defects, functional abnormalities (VENTRICULAR DYSFUNCTION), or a sudden overload beyond its capacity. Chronic heart failure is more common than acute heart failure which results from sudden insult to cardiac function, such as MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION.
Comparative Effectiveness Research
Conduct and synthesis of systematic research comparing interventions and strategies to prevent, diagnose, treat, and monitor health conditions. The purpose of this research is to inform patients, providers, and decision-makers, responding to their expressed needs, about which interventions are most effective for which patients under specific circumstances. (hhs.gov/recovery/programs/cer/draftdefinition.html accessed 6/12/2009)
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
John Lynch (Fenian)
... denoted as "B") in the Irish Republican Brotherhood. Both were found guilty, based primarily on the testimony of informants ... The trial of John Lynch and co-defendant Brian Dillon starting on 18 December 1865 with Isaac Butt as their legal counsel. The ...
In English law, the term state trials primarily denotes trials relating to offences against the state. In practice it is a term ... Cobbett's State Trials State Trials (New Series), edited by Macdonell, Volume 1, 1820-1823 Volume 2, 1823-1831:    ... 1850-1853 State Trials, Political and Social, vol. 1, edited by Sir Harry Lushington Stephen State Trials, Political and Social ... This edition is in thirty-three volumes; twenty-one of them, giving the more important state trials down to 1781, were edited ...
For Indoor driving trials, carriages should be a minimum of 125 cm for all phases. In 2001 the FEI introduced a new World Cup ... CAIs are primarily for individual athletes. However, at World Championships, competitions for national teams of three or four ... If pony classes are involved, the letter P is added to the classification (e.g. CAIP-A). Numbers denote the arrangement of ... Pre-novice and novice drivers are judged primarily on safety and fit of the harness and vehicle and a three-phase or marathon ...
The role of a Master in the High Court of Justice of England and Wales is concerned primarily with trial and case management of ... The abbreviation QBD (or KBD) in legal citation is used in the Law Reports to denote cases heard in the Queen's (or King's) ... They hear civil trials and have equal standing with Justices when doing so. ... criminal cases to be heard in the shires were set down for trial in Westminster Hall "unless before" (nisi prius) the justice ...
Na'vi has a singular, dual, trial and plural number. The dual prefix is me+, the trial is pxe+ and the general plural ay+. All ... Na'vi verbs primarily use affixes to modify their meaning. They do not conjugate for person, but for tense. Each affix has a ... to denote a prefix that causes lenition. Since Na'vi does not make the distinction between long and short vowels, if the ... If it is a prefix, and the noun is plural, they will combine and become pem+ (dual), pep+ (trial) or pay+ (plural). Na'vi ...
The role of the law enforcement chaplain deals primarily with law enforcement personnel and agencies. The chaplain responds to ... They will always wear distinguishing insignia or markings to denote their chaplain rather than lawman status. Chaplains working ... whose primary ministry is to those who are incarcerated either awaiting trial or after conviction. ...
Emet (geographic region)
The word Emet in contemporary Kalenjin as used to denote a country derives from this term. Ehret posits that the Emet ... The Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1909, p.4 & p.48 The Kalenjin are on trial, not Sang, says lawyer online. ... primarily served as a territorial identity, it had limited military mobilization capacity and played no administrative ...
Judge Advocate General's Corps, U.S. Navy
Trial Service Offices (TSO) providing courts-martial prosecution, court reporting and administrative trial support; and Staff ... Oak leaves denote a corps, and symbolize strength, particularly the strength of the hulls of the early American Navy, which ... Prior to 2005, JAG Corps personnel primarily worked in one of three offices: Navy Legal Service Offices (NLSO) providing ... In 2005, the Judge Advocate General of the Navy approved a pilot program which resulted in the merger of the navy's Trial ...
History of eugenics
The trial lasted less than a year, and later became known as The Eastview Birth Control Trial, demonstrating the influence of ... She was accused of illegally providing birth control materials and knowledge to her clients, primarily poor women. The defense ... and often their scores denoted them as having impaired intellectual functioning. As a result, many of those sterilized under ... Trials for babies included bathing them in wine and exposing them to the elements. To Sparta, this would ensure only the ...
NAIA Men's Basketball Championships
Denotes each overtime. ** - Denotes new tournament format. NAIA Division II Men's Basketball National Championship was held ... In 1947, Coach John Wooden of Indiana State refused the invitation to the NAIA National Tournament primarily because Clarence J ... of the reasons that the NAIA tournament was so prestigious was that the champion was invited to compete at the Olympic trials ... Denotes each overtime. NAIA Basketball Tournament Most Valuable Player NAIA Men's Division I Championship History "New ...
Paul v. Davis
The protection of private personality, like the protection of life itself, is left primarily to the individual States under the ... The Court previously held in Meyer v. Nebraska that "Without doubt, [liberty] denotes not merely freedom from bodily restraint ... this holding is that no due process infirmities would inhere in a statute constituting a commission to conduct ex party trials ...
The N2pc is primarily sensitive to the directional focus of attention over time. However, research has found a variety of ... The "N" denotes a negative polarity; "2" describes its latency in the waveform (i.e., the second negative deflection, typically ... Subjects viewed arrays containing 4-12 items, one of which was a target on 50% of trials. Compared to the waveform over cortex ... However, researchers have primarily used the N2pc in visual search paradigms to study the deployment of attention over time and ...
The Lizzie Bennet Diaries
As the show primarily takes place in Lizzie's bedroom, many major events happen offscreen and are retold by Lizzie, with her ... With the help of her friend Charlotte Lu, she starts a vlog series for her thesis, discussing the trials and tribulations of ... Occasionally they perform reenactments, using a recurring costume to denote who's who (such as a cap and bowtie for Darcy, a ...
Law of evidence in South Africa
Evidence at a trial within trial is not per se admissible at the main trial, whether the confession is allowed or excluded. If ... "Consent" refers to the consent of the opposing party; it clearly does not denote the consent of the witness in question. " ... The answer seems to be that this phrase refers to the issue of whose credibility the probative value rests upon primarily. ... "trial within a trial," on the basis of evidence led by the parties on this specific issue, in a form similar to that of a trial ...
The Senate refused to meet to hold an impeachment trial before the end of the old term, so the trial was held over until the ... He devised a $16 billion stimulus package primarily to aid inner-city programs desired by liberals, but it was defeated by a ... The term "ethnic cleansing" was used as an alternative to "genocide" to denote not just ethnically motivated murder but also ... The Senate finished a twenty-one-day trial on February 12, 1999, with the vote of 55 not guilty/45 guilty on the perjury charge ...
NZR 56-foot carriage
This primarily reflected the carriages use - second class (X25480), first-class, first and second-class composite (X25916) or ... All these upgraded carriages were running on new bogies, after a successful trial of a new "deluxe" bogie under 56-foot ... the O for observation denoted the large panoramic windows, and subsequent carriages followed this classification. Further ... primarily on the TranzAlpine. The second servery car upgraded to this large window configuration was to be numbered AS2517 but ...
Maha Hatfield on May 24, 2019, and embarked on sea trials and crane load tests afterwards. Sea trials were completed in late ... "DF" denotes dual-fuel, which means the engines can operate on either low-sulfur Marine Gas Oil (MGO) or liquefied natural gas ( ... Heerema intends to use primarily LNG fuel, except where terminals lack the infrastructure to provide LNG bunkers. SCR will be ... During sea trials, SSCV Sleipnir reached a speed of 12.2 kn (22.6 km/h; 14.0 mph). Cruising speed is rated at 10 kn (19 km/h; ...
List of people from Holyoke, Massachusetts
B) denotes that the person was born there. Lois Green Carr (1922-2015), American historian whose work primarily focused on ... Ray D'Addario (1920-2011), American photographer best known for his work as the chief photographer of the Nuremberg trials, ... "Board Certified Criminal Trial Attorneys" in the Commonwealth. (B) François A. Pouliot (1896-1990), member of the Legislative ... whose portraits are found in all contemporary news reports and history books covering the postwar trial of Nazi leadership. (B ...
Nuovo Trasporto Viaggiatori
Comfort: this class has 2x1 seating primarily in airline style, with footrests. Prima: also offers 2x1 seating with soft ... This card has three tiers: Ambassador, Supporter and Friend (denoting the frequency of travel). Furthermore, in addition to ... by which point the trainset was participating in certification trials ahead of entering passenger service. Further Pendolinos ...
Timothy Joseph McGhee
In a separate trial in 2007, McGhee was sentenced to 75 years to life for leading a 2005 prison riot. He is awaiting his ... they denoted his primary alias as Joe McGhee. McGhee was raised in the neighborhood of Atwater Village, a lower middle class ... primarily Toonerville Rifa (TVR), The Avenues (AVES), and Frogtown Rifa (FTR). Though smaller in number, Thee Rascals are just ... This did not deter the prosecution in his eventual trial. In the fall of 2002, a task force of as many as 60 local and federal ...
These trials were primarily for the purpose of evaluating the vehicles' performance on different types of local terrain; while ... now denoted as the Rooikat. In its final form the Rooikat incorporated several features adopted directly from the Eland-90, ... These prototypes were trialled in March 1984 and the Cheetah Mk2 was accepted by the South African Army. The Armoured Corps had ... when three 8X8 prototypes were built by Sandock-Austral and trialled in Potchefstroom. The prototypes were built using the ...
Olympic Athletes from Russia at the 2018 Winter Olympics
There were no trials as the team was chosen by the Russian Olympic Committee. The Olympic Athletes from Russia team won the ... Men Women * - Denotes the driver of each sled Russia qualified 12 athletes, seven male and five female. Distance Men Women ... consisting primarily of SKA and CSKA players of a Russia-based KHL and featuring ex-NHL all-stars Pavel Datsyuk, Ilya Kovalchuk ... The representatives were determined at the 2017 Russian Olympic Curling Trials. The Russian team consists of Victoria Moiseeva ...
Life Is Good (Nas album)
He primarily worked with hip hop producers No I.D. and Salaam Remi, a frequent collaborator of Nas. Remi said that he wanted ... Music journalist Evan Rytlewski denotes "boom-bap drums, lush keyboards, smooth saxophones, and the occasional Run-D.M.C. and ... "the trials and tribulations of adult relationships". Brandon Soderberg from Spin asserts that his lyrics "constantly remind ...
As a food additive, it is used as an acidity regulator and can be denoted by the E number E297. It is generally used in ... primarily dimethyl fumarate, and marketed as Fumaderm by Biogen Idec in Europe. Biogen would later go on to develop the main ... significantly reduced relapse and disability progression in a phase 3 trial. It activates the Nrf2 antioxidant response pathway ...
In the timeline below, blue bars denote provincial laws while pink bars denote national laws. Medieval Scandinavian laws ... Three of the Scanian Law chapters in this manuscript deal with trial by ordeal. In these portions, the script is influenced by ... who instead stressed loyalty primarily to the area of their thing. When a rebellion broke out Scania, with demands that the ... and trial by ordeal has been abolished. Besides provisions reflecting older customs, the manuscripts contain law provisions ...
He uses solid blocks of color to denote shadows, along with depth and shade. His painting style appears to be very rudimentary ... It included the 1877 anti-Chinese Sand Lot riots, the 1934 San Francisco Waterfront Strike, and the Trial of trade unionist Tom ... After completing the hospital mural, Refregier's work became primarily government-sponsored projects. These included the ...
"SMS" stands for "Seiner Majestät Schiff" (English: His Majesty's Ship) The "S" in S116 denoted the shipbuilder who constructed ... reached during sea trials. 102 tonnes (100 long tons) of coal was carried, giving a range of 980 nautical miles (1,810 km; ... the German navy saw their role as primarily torpedo attack against opposing fleets, rather than defending their own fleet ...
After sea trials, the submarines now named Iquique and Antofogasta were refused by the Chilean officials as they had failed to ... Their refit in September and October 1914 was primarily focused on three problems. The first problem was the instability while ... in front of the class to denote Australia, the two submarines purchased by Canada, resembling British C-class submarines, had ... in sea trials in November 1917. An order for two submarines had originally been placed by Chile in 1911 with the Electric Boat ...
Loudoun County Fire and Rescue Department
PVFC is run primarily by LCFR staffing 24/7, with several volunteers. PVFC is the only station in LCFR to operate two tankers, ... All units have a 3-4 digit designator, with the first digit denoting what agency the unit is from. 000 series Washington, D.C. ... Under the President are usually a Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Committee Directors, and a Trial Board. The Operations ... Used primarily by LC-CFRS for station fills in the western end of the county, such as Purcellville or Round Hill. Likewise, ...
It can, similarly, denote supporters of extensive government intervention to transform society. It is unabashedly used by ... There the term Jacobin linked primarily to The Mountain of the French Revolutionary governments and was popular among the ... Further, they were linked to ongoing trials of prominent members of the Terror involved in atrocities in Nantes, especially ... during which time well over ten thousand people were put on trial and executed in France, many for political crimes. Initially ...
State trials - Wikipedia
In English law, the term state trials primarily denotes trials relating to offences against the state. In practice it is a term ... Cobbetts State Trials State Trials (New Series), edited by Macdonell, Volume 1, 1820-1823 Volume 2, 1823-1831:    ... 1850-1853 State Trials, Political and Social, vol. 1, edited by Sir Harry Lushington Stephen State Trials, Political and Social ... This edition is in thirty-three volumes; twenty-one of them, giving the more important state trials down to 1781, were edited ...
John Lynch (Fenian) - Wikipedia
Aquarium Invertebrates: Nutritional Value Of Live Foods For The Coral Reef Aquarium, Part 1 - Advanced Aquarist | Aquarist...
Omega-6 fatty acids are primarily derived from animal sources, while Omega-3 fatty acids derive primarily from plants. Omega-6 ... Small, non-zero numbers are denoted by , 0.01.. Item. Saturated Fat. LA (18:2). ALA (18:3). EPA (20:5). DHA (22:6). ... All animals require some amount of certain polyunsaturated fatty acids in their diet, but in clinical trials two specific types ... the name denotes their chemical structure), but the fact that they are required for normal growth and development, as well as ...
Nebulized heparin is associated with fewer days of mechanical ventilation in critically ill patients: a randomized controlled...
aDenotes acute requirement for mechanical ventilation primarily due to acute lung injury, pneumonia, influenza, aspiration, ... Dixon B, Santamaria JD, Campbell DJ: A phase 1 trial of nebulised heparin in acute lung injury. Crit Care 2008, 12: R64. ... aDenotes sputum reported as yellow, green, dirty, or purulent. bPatients on therapeutic heparin were excluded from this ... High-dose antithrombin III in severe sepsis: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA 2001, 286: 1869-1878. 10.1001/jama.286.15.1869 ...
JCI - Advances in stem cell therapy for spinal cord injury
... approved the first human ES cell trial in 2009. This phase I safety trial in SCI sponsored by Geron Corp. began in 2010 after ... We have shown that these NSPCs primarily differentiate into oligodendrocytes in vitro (46) and in vivo (47, 48). ... where A is a complete SCI and E denotes normal sensory and motor function. Acute treatment often involves surgical management, ... Table 2 summarizes completed trials of stem cell therapy for SCI; Table 3 indicates ongoing trials. Recently, Stem Cells Inc. ...
A trial lasted 10 s, and the RF stimulation (100 Hz for 1 s) was delivered 1 s after the trial started. The whisker stimulus ... In all of the figures, gray is used to denote the activated state, and black is used to denote the quiescent state. The ... During the quiescent state, when the spontaneous activity of the cell was low, the cell responded primarily to whiskers C6 and ... the onset of the whisker stimulation also occurred at 2 s after the beginning of the trial, and a trial lasted 10 or 5 s. The ...
Identification of the Human UDP-Glucuronosyltransferases Involved in the Glucuronidation of Combretastatin A-4 | Drug...
Chicago Drugstore: Generic viagra in the usa with trial pills!
from psycho(logy) + greek -oeides denoting resemblance of the most common cause of more sex-drive, more muscle, more energy, ... mg q4-5h morphine is to correct hypovolemia and excessive hip adduct thigh prolonged hip efferent medial thigh primarily ... to denote a seemingly significant coincidence in time is omitted, or when managing postpartum hemorrhage. The genitofemoral ...
Your Drugstore: Neuontin express delivery wide pills range!
Testosterone concentration: Performed primarily as an antiemetic speeds up the back might denote multiple vertebral fractures. ... but instead provides one criterion for schizophrenia but controlled trial in patients with thyroid cancer. Persistent aloofness ... neuontin express delivery Understanding controlled trials: What is the time of delivery. Transcutaneous electronic nerve ...
Baltimore Personal Injury Attorney Brian J. Nash Receives Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating
He is a member of prestigious trial organizations-the American College of Trial Lawyers and the American Board of Trial ... Attorneys at the law firm of Nash & Associates, LLC primarily focus on the following areas: *Birth Injuries *Medical ... The General Ethical Standards Rating denotes adherence to professional standards of conduct and ethics, reliability, diligence ...
In a typical experiment, we imaged at least five trials each of swimming and crawling. Swimming and crawling trials were ... 1 F,G). For crawling, we arbitrarily denoted the peak of elongation as 0° (Fig. 1 F, red points) and the peak of contraction as ... It appears to be a paired neuron that arborizes primarily ipsilateral to the soma location. It projects a process through an ... Trials at this frame rate were 60 s in duration. In the 2 Hz configuration, the excitation light was shuttered off in between ...
Tourette Syndrome: Get the Facts on Treatment and Symptoms
Clinical trials: A number of clinical trials in Tourette syndrome have recently been completed or are currently underway. These ... The abbreviated term ADHD denotes the condition commonly known as: See Answer Is Tourette syndrome inherited?. ... These medications are used primarily for hypertension but are also used in the treatment of tics. The most common side effect ... Smaller trials of novel approaches to treatment such as dopamine agonist and GABAergic medications also show promise. ...
Download Overcoming Deficits Of Aging: A Behavioral Approach 1982
This download Overcoming does on a specific heat that it must leave near it to get its trials, which address primarily analysis ... This excellence is comorbid to denoting hit, reading the assertion of its monetary ones. Sacred Huntress: This takes another l ... But he did primarily without reading individual terrain between what ignored very white in it and what included here and here ... world and problem do American products that would read every economy primarily long in a technological format; D state just not ...
Frontiers | Age-Based Differences in Strategy Use in Choice Tasks | Neuroscience
... tasks that differed in the degree to which rewards for each option depended on the choices made on previous trials. In the ... tasks that differed in the degree to which rewards for each option depended on the choices made on previous trials. In the ... The Delta-Rule model assumes that the EV for the option chosen on each trial, denoted as option i, is updated on each trial ... Learning is primarily mediated by a prediction error between the reward received and the EV for the chosen option (the ...
Metabolic suppression during protracted exposure to hypoxia in the jumbo squid, Dosidicus gigas, living in an oxygen minimum...
Oxygen availability to the tissues under more extreme hypoxia must be dependent primarily on the low tissue PO2, in conjunction ... Data are presented as equivalents of Trolox (means ± s.e.m., N=5 independent trials on tissue from different animals). Data ... asterisks denote values are significantly different from controls, P,0.05. ... Histograms show mean normalized band densities (±s.e.m., N=5 independent trials on tissue from different animals). Data were ...
β Epochs occur primarily when old rats arrive at the reward zone. A, Example of a single trial spectrogram after a lever press ... Star denotes significance (p , 0.05). D, Example distribution of β power over trials in a daily session of a probability ... each starting with forced choice trials followed by free choice trials. Forced choice trials are defined as trials in which ... Trial design. Timeline of trials on the probabilistic discounting task. A trial began with a 2-s cue-light on, above the ...
A pilot trial to study the availability and effect of post-OP IV ketorolac on ovarian, fallopian tube or primary peritoneal ... Arrowheads denote the gelatin degradation sites. D, quantification of the gelatin degradation area in SKOV3ip cells. E, ... The pain relieving activity is ascribed primarily to the S-enantiomer, which is a known nonselective COX1/COX2 inhibitor (27, ... A phase 0 trial investigating the use of postoperative ketorolac was reviewed and approved by the University of New Mexico ...
ImmPort, toward repurposing of open access immunological assay data for translational and clinical research | Scientific Data
To aid in the secondary use of ImmPort data, RImmPort implements a data model based on the CDISC clinical trial data standards ... The solid line denotes an example flow of cytometry data across the four applications. ... Data Analysis provides a graphic interface for open source data management and analysis tools primarily focused on flow ... Clinical Trials. Clinical data sharing practices have come under increasing scrutiny with calls for improvements including the ...
Frontiers | Fermentation couples Chloroflexi and sulfate-reducing bacteria to Cyanobacteria in hypersaline microbial mats |...
... primarily as organic acids. Across mats, although oxygenic and anoxygenic phototrophs were detected, cyanobacterial [NiFe]- ... primarily as organic acids. Across mats, although oxygenic and anoxygenic phototrophs were detected, cyanobacterial [NiFe]- ... denotes distributions for which the Shapiro-Wilk test p , 0.05. "+" denotes significantly different to all other GN-S trials ( ... primarily during the daylight period and into the water column (positive) primarily during the nighttime period, consistent ...
The Prognostic Value of Histopathologic Lesions in Native Kidney Biopsy Specimens: Results from the Boston Kidney Biopsy Cohort...
Global glomerulosclerosis and IFTA, for example, may denote focal nephron loss and adaptive responses of surviving nephrons ... We did not include readjudication of electron microscopy or immunofluorescence results primarily due to logistic constraints. ... is an area in need of more research and clinical trials. It is tempting to speculate that kidney biopsies could provide value ...
Each of these six faces was a target on 10 trials per block, randomly distributed over the block. Note that any fields denoted ... GNU Octave is software featuring a high-level programming language, primarily intended for numerical computations. This package ... Note that any fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required. Block anonymous calls on. // select trials from block 1 and ... Between-trial page reloads take time, a problem which jsPsych doesnt suffer from, as full trial blocks can be ran within one ...
A systematic survey shows that reporting and handling of missing outcome data in networks of interventions is poor | BMC...
We conducted a systematic survey including all published systematic reviews of randomized controlled trials comparing at least ... were among the eligible trials. Since the methodology to handle MOD has been developed primarily in the context of standard ... one primary outcome for each systematic review that explicitly or implicitly denoted the presence of MOD in the included trials ... Only 55 (20%) out of 273 NMAs provided extractable MOD at arm- or trial-level for every included trial (Table 2) with most ...
Download The Spirit\\\'s Book: The Principles Of Spiritist Doctrine
primarily related co-morbid saatgut-technologie.de or glibuzole computer. Additional: denotes to the and accounts. sexual free ... or surgical trials due as development, heart, and measurement. been anyway Shop Картографирование По Космическим Снимкам И ... The Principles of Spiritist of cardiac Web inputs contain urinary inhibitor denoting CAM and refractory rays. training Sp ...
Do current approaches to assessing therapy related adverse events align with the needs of long-term cancer patients and...
Basket trials and the evolution of clinical trial design in an era of genomic medicine. TL - 33. J Clin Oncol [Internet]. 2015; ... Over the last 10 years, quantitative efforts to capture the impact of treatment-related adverse events have primarily taken the ... Grade 4 indicates very severe toxicities (like liver failure), and grade 5 denotes death associated with an adverse treatment ... Clinical trial subjects compared to real world patients: Generalizability of renal cell carcinoma trials. , 2014 ASCO Annual ...
Diagnosis and management of asthma in preschoolers: A Canadian Thoracic Society and Canadian Paediatric Society position paper ...
Therapeutic trial for documenting reversibility of airflow obstruction. Child presentation. Agent. Dose. Doses/day. Time to. ... In school-age children and adults, guidelines recommend the use of lung function tests, primarily spirometry, to confirm the ... The wide spectrum of labels commonly used in preschoolers, denoting either a suggestive pathophysiology (eg, bronchospasm or ... A trial of a medium-dose ICS (Table 5) for determination of reversibility of airflow obstruction is suggested because daily ICS ...
JCI - Alefacept provides sustained clinical and immunological effects in new-onset type 1 diabetes patients
26 for complete details; the trial protocol is available in the Supplemental Materials; the trial profile is shown in Figure 1 ... Subjects to the right of the dotted line (,0% change) are denoted complete responders; subjects to the right of the broken line ... the cells thought to be primarily responsible for β cell destruction in T1D (3). Alefacept interrupts CD2-mediated T cell ... Although the trial was too small to detect uncommon AEs, alefacept has been widely used in psoriasis for over a decade with a ...
Motor cortical control of vocal interaction in neotropical singing mice | Science
C) Song raster plot of all trials with either saline (top) or muscimol (bottom); each row denotes a different session. Ticks ... 3E), consistent with the hypothesis that the vocal patterning is primarily driven by a pathway independent of the OMC. In ... For every trial, we used the 10 notes preceding the perturbation to estimate the note durations that would be expected in an ... The colored arrows denote the onset time of the three corresponding notes from (B). (D) Trajectory plot in which individual ...
Angiotensin Receptor Blockers May Increase Risk of Myocardial Infarction | Circulation
... for each trial; (5) relative weight/contribution of each trial to meta-analysis; and (6) OR (95% CI) for each trial. Testing ... Could this be a random play of chance denoted by the probability value (P=0.025)? On the side of a treatment benefit, the play ... Diabetes mellitus is associated with an increased incidence of vascular complications, which are attenuated primarily by ACEIs ... An aspect that is often discussed relates to the uniqueness of the CHARM-Preserved trial, ie, no similar trial has been done ...
Elsenburg College of Agriculture which was founded on 15 May 1912 was visualised as being primarily a training facility for ... The minutes of the Senate Meeting on 12 September 1917, denoted Neethlings Department as Plant Breeding. At a Senate Meeting ... Among noteworthy reports regarding fruit and viticulture trials, mention is made of 378 wheat varieties, which were evaluated ...
Incidence and Outcome of CPAP Failure in Preterm Infants | American Academy of Pediatrics
Whiskers denote 5th and 95th centiles. A, 25-28 weeks gestation; B, 29-32 weeks. Black bars: intubated primarily; hatched bars ... Carlin JB; COIN Trial Investigators. . Nasal CPAP or intubation at birth for very preterm infants. N Engl J Med. 2008;358(7): ... Davis P, et al; Caffeine for Apnea of Prematurity Trial Group. . Caffeine therapy for apnea of prematurity. N Engl J Med. 2006; ... A trial comparing noninvasive ventilation strategies in preterm infants. N Engl J Med. 2013;369(7):611-620pmid:23944299. ...
ResemblanceAcuteTumorsClinical Trials RegistryPlacebo-controlled trialPhoticLimitationsPracticeMetabolitesOccur primarilyMutationsCancerImmune responseLungVaccineDiseaseCompoundRespiratoryFeasibilityTreatmentFoundTermSymptomsPhasePodcastsTherapeuticInterventionsRetrospectiveProteinInterventionFindingsGuidelineFree TrialResponsibleGeneAttorneysResultsSearchProfessionalMETHODSBaselinePatientsConductEarlyDouble-blindBasicNormalDrugstoreLargeDiabetesHigh-riskEffectsSpecificStageSurvivalIndirectDepartmentSeriesDrugFruitStudiesLevel
- from nor + greek -oeides denoting resemblance of the ligament. (yogachicago.com)
- Purpose We assessed and compared clinical trials which test advice for acute LBP to practice guidelines for their completeness of reporting and concordance on the content, method of delivery and treatment regimen of advice interventions. (chiro.org)
- The recommendations made in guidelines of advice for acute LBP were often not concordant with the results of clinical trials. (chiro.org)
- To address this knowledge gap we compared clinical trials which test advice for acute LBP to practice guidelines which provide advice recommendations for acute LBP. (chiro.org)
- Combretastatin A-4 prodrug phosphate is a leading vascular disrupting agent and is currently being evaluated in multiple clinical trials as a treatment for solid tumors. (aspetjournals.org)
- Pegylated arginine deiminase (ADI-PEG20), which degrades extracellular arginine, resulting in arginine deprivation, has shown favorable results in clinical trials for treating arginine-auxotrophic tumors. (aacrjournals.org)
- Tumors frequently provoke innate and adaptive immune recognition, but the development of clinically evident disease denotes a failure of host defense ( 1 ). (pnas.org)
- Patient prognosis depends primarily on the stage of disease, but survival is reduced among those who are older than 60 years, are symptomatic at the time of diagnosis, have lesions of the middle and lower third of the vagina, or have poorly differentiated tumors. (cigna.com)
- 8,12,13] "Modified" Chang staging is the current standard and refers to the addition of imaging to stage these tumors, which were originally staged only surgically.Medulloblastoma is denoted as having greater or lesser risk, according to the likelihood of disease recurrence, although the terms associated with risk vary in the literature. (cancernetwork.com)
Clinical Trials Registry2
- Fifty patients expected to require mechanical ventilation for more than 48 hours were enrolled in a double-blind randomized placebo-controlled trial of nebulized heparin (25,000 U) or placebo (normal saline) 4 or 6 hourly, depending on patient height. (biomedcentral.com)
- Further investigation of EPA plus DHA for breast cancer prevention in a placebo-controlled trial in premenopausal women is warranted. (aacrjournals.org)
- photic trials experienced from techniques degraded to deliver as alterations. (intervista-institute.com)
- Before beginning each block, participants completed 16 practice trials with feedback. (capaccionelpallone.it)
- Authors: Combarros D, Cadiergues MC, Simon M Abstract Human filaggrin (FLG) plays a key role in epidermal barrier function, and loss-of-function mutations of gene are primarily responsible for the development of human atopic dermatitis (AD). (medworm.com)
- Ask, and document perinatal mortality the subjects are not cowper glands have a predilection for anogenital cancers is unchanged, but the interpreta- tion of gonadotrophins, but instead provides one criterion for schizophrenia but controlled trial in patients with thyroid cancer. (norfolkspca.com)
- trials) this searches for the phrase 'kidney cancer' in the title as well as either the word 'trial' or 'trials' in description. (medworm.com)
- My Cancer Genome has released its new and improved cancer clinical trials search tool on our beta website. (mycancergenome.org)
- The National Lung Screening Trial (NLST) is a lung cancer screening trial sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and conducted by the American College of Radiology Imaging Network (ACRIN) and the Lung Screening Study group. (cancer.gov)
- The NLST researchers found approximately 15 percent to 20 percent fewer lung cancer deaths among trial participants screened with low-dose helical CT relative to chest X-ray. (cancer.gov)
- The 15 percent to 20 percent lower lung cancer death rate is equivalent to approximately three fewer deaths per 1,000 people screened in the CT group compared to the chest X-ray group over an average of 6.5 years of follow-up in the trial (17.6 per 1,000 versus 20.7 per 1,000). (cancer.gov)
- Finally, many participants in the trial died of lung cancer despite receiving CT screening. (cancer.gov)
- Cancer survivorship denotes the phase following primary treatment until end-of-life care or death. (hindawi.com)
- The most promising candidate vaccine, RTS,S/ASO1, currently in Phase III trials, boosts this natural pre-erythrocytic immune response [ 4 , 5 ]. (royalsocietypublishing.org)
- A 'cytokine storm' most often denotes an injurious and hyperactive immune response characterized by the release of interferons, interleukins, tumor-necrosis factors, chemokines, and several other mediators. (dsm.com)
- Submission of a report does not necessarily denote that the vaccine caused the adverse event. (cdc.gov)
- The incidence rates of vaccine-preventable diseases in the United States have decreased dramatically since the mid-1950s, primarily because of the availability and widespread public acceptance of effective vaccines (5). (cdc.gov)
- As part of a larger, phase II clinical trial, we evaluated the ability of a recombinant canarypox HIV-1 vaccine to induce CTL that can be detected in both the systemic and mucosal compartments following i.m. immunization in 12 low- and high-risk HIV-1 seronegative volunteers. (jimmunol.org)
- The wide spectrum of labels commonly used in preschoolers, denoting either a suggestive pathophysiology (eg, 'bronchospasm' or 'reactive airway disease'), symptoms (eg, 'wheeze' or 'chronic cough'), vague diagnoses ('wheezy bronchitis' or 'happy wheezer') or, possibly, inappropriate diagnoses (eg, repeated 'bronchiolitis' or 'recurrent bronchitis or pneumonia')  , attests to the need for clarity. (cps.ca)
- Blunted affect denotes that nearly half of toxicity of this disease extremely difficult. (secureserver.net)
- Originally, the medical community limited the term to denote persons who remained alive and disease-free for a minimum of five years, thus reflecting "cure. (hindawi.com)
- Clinical trials have demonstrated that women with cyclic mastalgia [ 9 ] or fibrocystic disease [ 8 ] can have symptomatic relief from treatment with molecular iodine (I 2 ). (medsci.org)
- With only one exception, all of the prospective clinical trials in this disease have been done in the pediatric population, and therefore therapy for adult medulloblastoma has been either extrapolated from the pediatric literature or based on retrospective reviews. (cancernetwork.com)
- 9] Patients with M0-1 and T1-2 disease fared best, and only 1 patient of 30 was denoted to have M2 or M3 disease. (cancernetwork.com)
- With enrollment complete in its Phase 3 trial of a compound that treats post-operative pain, and an infusion of cash from a new partnership with a major pharmaceutical corporation, one analyst has initiated coverage of this California-based company, and another has reiterated his investment thesis. (streetwisereports.com)
- Indeed, throughout propositional logic, the algebraic symbols used almost invariably denote arbitrary propositions, simple or compound. (binaryoptionsxpert.com)
- Data from clinical trials support the use of continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) for initial respiratory management in preterm infants, but there is concern regarding the potential failure of CPAP support. (aappublications.org)
- Results of large clinical trials favor continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) for initial respiratory management in preterm infants. (aappublications.org)
- However, the E2F decoy trials did establish the clinical feasibility of using a 30-min intraoperative window to treat the graft tissue ex vivo and support further development of prophylactic therapies, such as the one described here, that can be applied with precise dosing and negligible systemic drug exposure. (sciencemag.org)
- The purpose of this pilot trial was to assess feasibility and explore the effects of high-dose EPA and DHA on blood and benign breast tissue risk biomarkers before design of a placebo-controlled phase IIB trial. (aacrjournals.org)
- This complexity inherently stems from the additional assumptions required to integrate different pieces of evidence from multiple trials in a single analysis and obtain internally coherent relative treatment effects for all pairwise comparisons [ 25 ]. (biomedcentral.com)
- Concordance between clinical trials and guidelines was assessed by comparing the number of trials that found a statistically significant treatment effect for an intervention that included a specific advice topic against the number of guidelines recommending that topic. (chiro.org)
- The current treatment for menopause primarily involves HRT, which is a combination of oestrogen and progesterone. (sophiaschoice.co.uk)
- Thrombolytic treatment Thrombolytic treatment is used primarily for maintaining catheter patency and in the management of thromboembolism that threatens the viability of the affected organ. (binaryoptionsxpert.com)
- While robust evidence for the treatment of Covid-19 patients with IV ascorbic acid is not yet available, several clinical trials are underway. (dsm.com)
- Both were found guilty, based primarily on the testimony of informants although John Warner's account was very weak and unsatisfactory under cross examination. (wikipedia.org)
- Specifically, the administration of the medication, amiodarone, an antiarrhythmic, among adults suffering from ventricular fibrillation (VF) or polymorphous ventricular tachycardia (pVT) in out-of-hospital trials was found to be more effective in improving survival to hospital administration. (advancedmedicalcertification.com)
- In addition, four trials of magnesium administration versus a placebo found no impact on ROSC or survival until discharge. (advancedmedicalcertification.com)
- TRAP is found primarily within the sporozoite's micronemes and on the sporozoite surface [ 16 ]. (royalsocietypublishing.org)
- In English law, the term state trials primarily denotes trials relating to offences against the state. (wikipedia.org)
- 24 This report focused on a 19% relative increase in MI with valsartan (compared with amlodipine) in the 15 245-patient Valsartan Antihypertensive Long-term Use Evaluation (VALUE) trial. (ahajournals.org)
- The city's name derives from sela nad ( cera nad ), a term denoting the visit of an early Cera king. (britannica.com)
- The Look AHEAD trial is evaluating the effects of a lifestyle intervention (calorie control and increased physical activity for weight loss) compared to diabetes support and education on long-term cardiovascular and other health outcomes. (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- Testimonials implicating long-term aspartame intake as the cause of conditions ranging from migraine headaches, epilepsy, bi-polar disorder, fibromyalgia, to chronic fatigue syndrome exist, yet clinical trials consistently verify aspartame s safety after both short-term and long-term usage. (kon.org)
- On a scale of 1 to 4, with 4 denoting incapacitating tinnitus, the mean value of symptoms fell from 3.8 to 1.5. (tinnitusformula.com)
- In a June 22 press release , DURECT Corp. (DRRX:NASDAQ) announced that it has completed enrollment for its Phase 3 PERSIST trial for Posimir, "an investigational locally acting, non-opioid analgesic intended to provide up to three days of continuous pain relief after surgery. (streetwisereports.com)
- DURECT remains responsible for the completion of the ongoing PERSIST Phase 3 clinical trial for POSIMIR as well as FDA interactions through approval," the June 19 press release states. (streetwisereports.com)
- Before approval by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), vaccines are evaluated for efficacy and safety using large Phase III randomized controlled trials. (nap.edu)
- This allows you to search for specific titles primarily, however as many podcasts include their topic in the title, you can effectively use it to search (albeit crudely) by genre too. (thenextweb.com)
- However, in children with no wheezing (or other signs of airflow obstruction) on presentation, reversibility may be determined by convincing parental report of a symptomatic response to a three-month therapeutic trial of a medium dose of inhaled corticosteroids with as-needed SABA (alternative method), or as-needed SABA alone (weaker alternative method). (cps.ca)
- We conducted a systematic survey including all published systematic reviews of randomized controlled trials comparing at least three interventions from January 1, 2009 until March 31, 2017. (biomedcentral.com)
- Network meta-analysis (NMA) is an extension of pairwise meta-analysis that allows direct (i.e., trials investigating the same comparison) and indirect (i.e., different sets of trials that compare each intervention with a common comparator) evidence to be synthesized simultaneously in a single analysis in order to yield relative intervention effects for all possible comparisons and by extent, to rank the multiple competing interventions [ 24 ]. (biomedcentral.com)
- 13 ] This checklist was developed to guide reporting of interventions in randomised controlled trials (RCT). (chiro.org)
- To date no studies have used TIDieR to assess concordance between the advice interventions recommended in guidelines to those evaluated in trials. (chiro.org)
- Notwithstanding the authors' vast experience, one must recognize that the conclusions are derived from a retrospective analysis of a huge database installed primarily for clinical quality management reasons and not for this particular study purpose. (ahajournals.org)
- 9] In the present day, T staging does retain a prognostic role in adult medulloblastoma, as suggested in a prospective trial and in a large retrospective series. (cancernetwork.com)
- As we observed, the high rate of formation of CA-4 glucuronide ( V max = 12.78 ± 0.29 nmol/min/mg protein) and the low K m (6.98 ± 0.65 μM) denoted that UGT1A9 was primarily responsible for the in vitro glucuronidation of CA-4. (aspetjournals.org)
- Current drugs in development primarily target the Smoothened (Smo) protein. (pnas.org)
- These reports should also be concordant with the clinical trials that have previously shown the advice intervention to be effective. (chiro.org)
- Next to that, there's a settings icon, which allows you to upgrade from the free trial (14 days) for $9 (plus tax, where applicable - for example, the total is $10.80 including VAT in the UK), check out the FAQs or log out. (thenextweb.com)
- denote as for your visual Free Trial purely! (pflege-fachwissen.de)
- The pattern in mice was attributed to a division of labor where front legs are primarily responsible for rotation and hindlegs responsible for deflection, which also takes advantage of the lower rotational inertia of the body at forelimb-to-hindlimb step transitions. (biologists.org)
- In case-control studies, adequately controlled trials have not confirmed a drug target gene? (secureserver.net)
- This weblog is intended primarily for other attorneys. (patentdocs.org)
- Results The Median (IQR) completeness of reporting for clinical trials and guidelines was 8 (7-9) and 3 (2-4) out of 9 items on the TIDieR Checklist, respectively. (chiro.org)
- If the use of a preparation has become well established, full documentation of the results of pharmacological and toxicological investigations or clinical trials may be replaced by data from published scientific literature. (who.int)
- If the product has not been used traditionally, the application has to be supplemented with a specific product-related documentation, and results of clinical trials and pharmacological studies presented. (who.int)
- Search you primarily are to receive this file? (pflege-fachwissen.de)
- The General Ethical Standards Rating denotes adherence to professional standards of conduct and ethics, reliability, diligence, and other criteria relevant to the discharge of professional responsibilities. (prweb.com)
- extensive denotes professional spatial house. (intervista-institute.com)
- This column will provide an overview of CPT coding basics for the coding professional who is primarily experienced in inpatient coding. (advanceweb.com)
- RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS -A total of 314 Caucasian adults without diabetes received either 500 mg calcium citrate and 700 IU vitamin D 3 or placebos daily for 3 years in a double-blind, randomized, controlled trial designed for bone-related outcomes. (diabetesjournals.org)
- To describe the baseline food and nutrient intake of the Look AHEAD trial participants, compare participant intake to national guidelines, and describe demographic and health characteristics associated with food group consumption. (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- Moreover, as Ed Arce, an analyst with H. C. Wainwright, noted in a June 23 research report, the trial enrolled more rapidly than anticipated, and also included more patients. (streetwisereports.com)
- The expected enrollment number for PERSIST was 264 patients, [but] actual enrollment was notably higher, at 296 patients, as a result of rapid enrollment toward the end of the trial," Arce wrote. (streetwisereports.com)
- Lately, some of the patients with rectourethral bulbar fistula have been repaired primarily during the newborn period without a pro- tective colostomy. (top5binarybrokers.com)
- These causes may relate to the design and conduct of the clinical trial or be completely irrelevant to the clinical trial structure. (biomedcentral.com)
- Periods of high-power β developed over training days in the aged rats, and was greatest in early trials of a session. (eneuro.org)
- Given this profile, the assumption early on, even before major clinical trials were conducted, was that ARBs would have similar if not greater systemic effects than might result from the use of ACEIs, because AT I blockade would offer a more complete inhibition of the RAS. (ahajournals.org)
- many have been used in double blind placebo controlled trials and have been shown to be just as effective. (sophiaschoice.co.uk)
- At the most basic level, the major difference between CPT and ICD-9 is that while ICD-9 classifies procedures primarily by the service itself (e.g. (advanceweb.com)
- Additional in vitro and in vivo animal studies must be conducted to further identify gaps in basic knowledge before clinical trials in humans can be conducted. (binaryoptionsxpert.com)
- Reductionism , in philosophy , a view that asserts that entities of a given kind are collections or combinations of entities of a simpler or more basic kind or that expressions denoting such entities are definable in terms of expressions denoting the more basic entities. (britannica.com)
- The ASIA Impairment Scale (AIS) ranges from A to E, where A is a complete SCI and E denotes normal sensory and motor function. (jci.org)
- For this FOA, applications should be thought of as large pilot or preliminary studies rather than definitive trials. (nih.gov)
- Two large clinical trials tested topical, ex vivo delivery of coronary and peripheral vascular vein grafts with an E2F transcription factor decoy designed to prevent smooth muscle proliferation, but these trials were unsuccessful at preventing graft failure ( 1 , 3 ). (sciencemag.org)
- Clinical trials have shown that the drug indeed cures diabetes. (rexresearch.com)
- On February 29, 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) denoted it in a high-risk category, and on March 11, 2020, this virus was designated pandemic, after its declaration being a Public Health International Emergency on January 30, 2020. (medworm.com)
- Paradoxically, rates of MI in some trials have actually increased with ARBs, 13,16 which suggests that ARBs and ACEIs may exert distinctive effects on both the coronary circulation and atherosclerotic plaque stability. (ahajournals.org)
- Due to its low molecular weight it exerts its effects primarily in the capillaries, the very small vessels that feed the inner ear. (tinnitusformula.com)
- With respect to safety, consideration should be given primarily to the experience of corresponding earlier use of the product or constituents, in which no harmful effects have arisen or been suspected. (who.int)
- Spironolactone is a specific pharmacologic antagonist of aldosterone, acting primarily through competitive binding of receptors at the aldosterone-dependent sodium-potassium exchange site in the distal convoluted renal tubule. (nih.gov)
- Because HIV-1 infection is acquired primarily through mucosal routes, the presence of virus-specific CD8 + CTL at the site of viral entry may be critical in restricting viral dissemination to the lymphoid tissue and the blood. (jimmunol.org)
- Add-on codes are used to denote a code that is closely related to a previous code in the same section and may be identified by specific language in the code description, such as "each additional" or "(List separately in addition to primary procedure). (advanceweb.com)
- The Chang staging system ( Table 1 ) was published in 1969 and denoted T stage, the size and invasiveness of the tumor at resection, as well as M stage, the extent of spread outside of the posterior fossa. (cancernetwork.com)
- The epidermis primarily provides protection from the SA node is no single unifying mechanism of the clinical course of IV drug administration for Survival (PARTNERS) program, shaken vigorously, where A = FDka/[VD(ka - k)]) and 4 to a two-dose series given 28 days apart. (secureserver.net)
- while rootstocks are thought to have an indirect effect on fruit composition by primarily influencing the vegetative growth of the grafted wine, including vine vigor, canopy size, and fruit yield (e.g. (ajevonline.org)
- The minutes of the Senate Meeting on 12 September 1917, denoted Neethlings' Department as Plant Breeding. (sun.ac.za)
- Two clinical trials conducted at the ENT Department at the University of Genoa in Genoa, Italy have used sodium enoxaparin (trade name Lovenox) to treat this blockage. (tinnitusformula.com)
- A new series, under the direction of a parliamentary committee, was projected in 1885, with the object of bringing the trials down to a later date. (wikipedia.org)
- it is primarily used buy drug meridia 10mg with visa in the manufacture of nylon fibers, which are processed into textiles and engineering plastics. (tudortech.co.za)
- Among noteworthy reports regarding fruit and viticulture trials, mention is made of 378 wheat varieties, which were evaluated for stem rust resistance at Elsenburg and Robertson Experimental Stations by Dr EA Nobbs. (sun.ac.za)
- It is primarily an agricultural area specializing in fruit, coffee, cotton, and peanuts (groundnuts). (britannica.com)
- If satisfactory proof of safety is not provided, then it should be established by means of clinical trials and/or pharmacological and toxicological studies. (who.int)
- Arrow denotes apparently constant threshold level. (williamcalvin.org)