Any food that has been supplemented with essential nutrients either in quantities that are greater than those present normally, or which are not present in the food normally. Fortified food includes also food to which various nutrients have been added to compensate for those removed by refinement or processing. (From Segen, Dictionary of Modern Medicine, 1992)
Gene Expression Regulation, Plant
Plants, Genetically Modified
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
Iron-containing proteins that are widely distributed in animals, plants, and microorganisms. Their major function is to store IRON in a nontoxic bioavailable form. Each ferritin molecule consists of ferric iron in a hollow protein shell (APOFERRITINS) made of 24 subunits of various sequences depending on the species and tissue types.
A family of plant viruses where the VIRION possesses an unusual morphology consisting of a pair of isometric particles. Transmission occurs via leafhoppers or whitefly. Some viruses cause economically important diseases in cultivated plants. There are four genera: Mastrevirus, Curtovirus, Topocuvirus, and BEGOMOVIRUS.
Amino Acid Sequence
Multicellular, eukaryotic life forms of kingdom Plantae (sensu lato), comprising the VIRIDIPLANTAE; RHODOPHYTA; and GLAUCOPHYTA; all of which acquired chloroplasts by direct endosymbiosis of CYANOBACTERIA. They are characterized by a mainly photosynthetic mode of nutrition; essentially unlimited growth at localized regions of cell divisions (MERISTEMS); cellulose within cells providing rigidity; the absence of organs of locomotion; absence of nervous and sensory systems; and an alternation of haploid and diploid generations.
Plant Growth Regulators
Vitamin K 2
Sequence Homology, Amino Acid
A group of pathogens comprising the smallest known agents of infectious disease. They are unencapsulated and are capable of replicating autonomously in susceptible cells. Positively identified viroids composed of single-stranded RNA have been isolated from higher plants, but the existence of DNA viroids pathogenic to animals is suspected.
Pest Control, Biological
Chromatography, High Pressure Liquid
The restriction of a characteristic behavior, anatomical structure or physical system, such as immune response; metabolic response, or gene or gene variant to the members of one species. It refers to that property which differentiates one species from another but it is also used for phylogenetic levels higher or lower than the species.
Mature male germ cells derived from SPERMATIDS. As spermatids move toward the lumen of the SEMINIFEROUS TUBULES, they undergo extensive structural changes including the loss of cytoplasm, condensation of CHROMATIN into the SPERM HEAD, formation of the ACROSOME cap, the SPERM MIDPIECE and the SPERM TAIL that provides motility.
Sequence Analysis, DNA
Cucumber Mosaic Virus Satellite
A genus of plant viruses of the family BROMOVIRIDAE, which infect cucurbits and solanaceous plants. Transmission occurs via aphids in a non-persistent manner, and also via seeds. The type species Cucumber mosaic virus, a CUCUMOVIRUS, should not be confused with Cucumber green mottle mosaic virus, a TOBAMOVIRUS.
An organism of the vegetable kingdom suitable by nature for use as a food, especially by human beings. Not all parts of any given plant are edible but all parts of edible plants have been known to figure as raw or cooked food: leaves, roots, tubers, stems, seeds, buds, fruits, and flowers. The most commonly edible parts of plants are FRUIT, usually sweet, fleshy, and succulent. Most edible plants are commonly cultivated for their nutritional value and are referred to as VEGETABLES.
The arrangement of two or more amino acid or base sequences from an organism or organisms in such a way as to align areas of the sequences sharing common properties. The degree of relatedness or homology between the sequences is predicted computationally or statistically based on weights assigned to the elements aligned between the sequences. This in turn can serve as a potential indicator of the genetic relatedness between the organisms.
RNA, Ribosomal, 16S
High molecular weight polysaccharides present in the cell walls of all plants. Pectins cement cell walls together. They are used as emulsifiers and stabilizers in the food industry. They have been tried for a variety of therapeutic uses including as antidiarrheals, where they are now generally considered ineffective, and in the treatment of hypercholesterolemia.
A phylum of the most familiar marine invertebrates. Its class Stelleroidea contains two subclasses, the Asteroidea (the STARFISH or sea stars) and the Ophiuroidea (the brittle stars, also called basket stars and serpent stars). There are 1500 described species of STARFISH found throughout the world. The second class, Echinoidea, contains about 950 species of SEA URCHINS, heart urchins, and sand dollars. A third class, Holothuroidea, comprises about 900 echinoderms known as SEA CUCUMBERS. Echinoderms are used extensively in biological research. (From Barnes, Invertebrate Zoology, 5th ed, pp773-826)
Plant Viral Movement Proteins
A set of genes descended by duplication and variation from some ancestral gene. Such genes may be clustered together on the same chromosome or dispersed on different chromosomes. Examples of multigene families include those that encode the hemoglobins, immunoglobulins, histocompatibility antigens, actins, tubulins, keratins, collagens, heat shock proteins, salivary glue proteins, chorion proteins, cuticle proteins, yolk proteins, and phaseolins, as well as histones, ribosomal RNA, and transfer RNA genes. The latter three are examples of reiterated genes, where hundreds of identical genes are present in a tandem array. (King & Stanfield, A Dictionary of Genetics, 4th ed)
The initial stages of the growth of SEEDS into a SEEDLINGS. The embryonic shoot (plumule) and embryonic PLANT ROOTS (radicle) emerge and grow upwards and downwards respectively. Food reserves for germination come from endosperm tissue within the seed and/or from the seed leaves (COTYLEDON). (Concise Dictionary of Biology, 1990)
RNA sequences that serve as templates for protein synthesis. Bacterial mRNAs are generally primary transcripts in that they do not require post-transcriptional processing. Eukaryotic mRNA is synthesized in the nucleus and must be exported to the cytoplasm for translation. Most eukaryotic mRNAs have a sequence of polyadenylic acid at the 3' end, referred to as the poly(A) tail. The function of this tail is not known for certain, but it may play a role in the export of mature mRNA from the nucleus as well as in helping stabilize some mRNA molecules by retarding their degradation in the cytoplasm.
A zinc containing enzyme of the hydrolase class that catalyzes the removal of the N-terminal amino acid from most L-peptides, particularly those with N-terminal leucine residues but not those with N-terminal lysine or arginine residues. This occurs in tissue cell cytosol, with high activity in the duodenum, liver, and kidney. The activity of this enzyme is commonly assayed using a leucine arylamide chromogenic substrate such as leucyl beta-naphthylamide.
Salmonella Food Poisoning
The intracellular transfer of information (biological activation/inhibition) through a signal pathway. In each signal transduction system, an activation/inhibition signal from a biologically active molecule (hormone, neurotransmitter) is mediated via the coupling of a receptor/enzyme to a second messenger system or to an ion channel. Signal transduction plays an important role in activating cellular functions, cell differentiation, and cell proliferation. Examples of signal transduction systems are the GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID-postsynaptic receptor-calcium ion channel system, the receptor-mediated T-cell activation pathway, and the receptor-mediated activation of phospholipases. Those coupled to membrane depolarization or intracellular release of calcium include the receptor-mediated activation of cytotoxic functions in granulocytes and the synaptic potentiation of protein kinase activation. Some signal transduction pathways may be part of larger signal transduction pathways; for example, protein kinase activation is part of the platelet activation signal pathway.
Gene Expression Profiling
The region of the stem beneath the stalks of the seed leaves (cotyledons) and directly above the young root of the embryo plant. It grows rapidly in seedlings showing epigeal germination and lifts the cotyledons above the soil surface. In this region (the transition zone) the arrangement of vascular bundles in the root changes to that of the stem. (From Concise Dictionary of Biology, 1990)
Gene Expression Regulation, Enzymologic
... mackerel in tomato sauce; pickled cucumber; boiled egg, and rings of red onion. Mayonnaise mixed with peas, sliced boiled ... tomato and boiled eggs; pork liver-paste; dozens of types of cured or processed meat in thin slices, or smoked fish such as ... "Italian salad", so named because the colours match the Italian flag), remoulade or other thick sauces often top the layered ... Eel - smoked eel on dark rye bread, topped with scrambled eggs and sliced radishes or chopped chives. Leverpostej - warm rough- ...
Bazin is typically served with a tomato sauce, eggs, potatoes and mutton. This preparation method involves shaping the dough ... black pepper and tomato paste. Broad beans, lentils and potatoes may also be added. The sauce, eggs, potatoes and meat are ... Bazin may also be accompanied with a cooked pumpkin and tomato sauce mixture. When consumed, bazin may be "crumpled and eaten ... grown in Libya are widely utilized as cooked vegetable served with tomato sauce with such national starchy dishes as 'KosKos' ...
Egg "tacos" bathed with pumpkin seed sauce and tomatoes. Cochinita pibil is a marinated pork dish, by far the most renowned ... Queso Relleno is a gourmet dish featuring ground pork inside of a carved edam cheese ball served with tomato sauce Pavo en ... The slices are topped with a tomato sauce and a pumpkin seed garnish. Tamales colados is a traditional dish made with pork/ ... seasoned with roasted tomato sauce. Achiote is a popular spice in the area. It is derived from the hard annatto seed found in ...
... then hot tomato sauce, and a slice of boiled egg. Chilaquiles: Tortillas are covered in egg and deep fried. Afterwards placed ... A variant of this snack are de Chilindrinas, deep fried tortilla strips with hot tomato sauce and cheese. It is common in ... The rolled tacos are then deep fried and served with raw cabbage, hot tomato sauce, cheese and sour cream as toppings. ... Cheese, cooked chicken and hot tomato sauce with spices is then added. Again place another layer of tortillas and continue to ...
Mhajeb-flat bread stuffed with onions and tomato sauce. Shakshouka, chakshoka, shakhshosha-a mixture of onions, tomato, bell ... Chorba frik or jari-a tomato-base soup with lamb Frites-omelette-French fries with eggs Dolma-stuffed vegetables cooked in a ... Hmis or slata mshwiya-roasted salad, with bell pepper, tomato sauce and olive oil Seasonal fruits are typically served as a ... Hot salads include zaalouka, an aubergine and tomato mixture, and chakchouka, a mixture of tomatoes, smoked green peppers, ...
Papadzules, egg tacos covered in pumpkin seed sauce and tomatoes. Cochinita Pibil, a marinated pork dish and by far the most ... Queso relleno, a "gourmet" dish featuring ground pork inside of a carved Edam cheese ball served with tomato sauce and gravy. ... Salbutes are soft, cooked tortillas with lettuce, tomato, turkey, and avocado on top. Panuchos feature fried tortillas filled ...
It is usually accompanied by avocado, tomato, and special sauces. In the city of Cali, the most traditional ... For breakfast people often eat changua, a milk, scallion, and egg soup. In the Caribbean coast, seafood is ... This traditional sauce is from the city of Antioquia. Blacks and Whites' Carnival Barranquilla's Carnival Holy ... It is made with the same ingredients as rondon, without the fish. Ají picante, a spicy, cilantro-based sauce, ...
It is topped with tomato sauce or tomato purée. The dish is typically sliced after cooking occurs. In Sicily, farsu magru is ... The meat is then rolled around the eggs, tied together and cooked in an oven. The dish can also be cooked by poaching. ... Subsequently, the filling is evenly distributed, and hard boiled eggs are laid in the middle. ...
It is made by boiling and lightly mashing yam in rich tomato, chili and big red pepper sauce with palm oil or vegetable oil. It ... Yams with red stew or scrambled eggs with diced tomato and onion. Ogi/Akamu is corn pudding common in Nigeria, called ogi by ... Jollof rice is a rice dish made with pureed tomato and scotch bonnet-based sauce. Fried rice is typically mixed with an ... Dundu is usually eaten with a sauce made of groundnut or palm oil, tomatoes, chili peppers and seasoning. Ojojo is a beignet ...
The book contains an early recipe for tomato sauce-possibly the first-and the first recipe in print for Scotch eggs. Rundell ... Colquhoun states that the tomato sauce recipe was the first printed recipe for the condiment. The recipe was for five pullet ... although it does have an early recipe for tomato sauce. The fourth edition (printed in 1809) provides the first printed recipe ... "appears to be one of the earliest published English recipes for tomato sauce". In English Bread and Yeast Cookery (1977), she ...
As the Mexican version, it is covered with egg batter and fried. It is served with tomato sauce or inside a bread bun. ... A sauce may be served with them, often a tomato sauce, but this, too, varies greatly. Mexican cuisine has more than one stuffed ... covered in an egg batter, and fried. It is often served covered with a sauce, although the type of sauce varies widely. It is ... and baking or alternatively cooking them on the stove top at a slow simmer in canned tomato sauce until the peppers are soft. ...
Like the Mexican version, it is covered with egg batter and fried. It is served with tomato sauce or inside a bread bun. A ... Although it is often served in a tomato sauce, the sauces can vary. Some regional versions in Mexico use rehydrated dry chiles ... Typically the chile is then dipped in an egg white batter and either pan-fried or deep-fried. Chiles rellenos are a popular ... In 1858 it was described as a "green chile pepper stuffed with minced meat and coated with eggs". The most common pepper used ...
... tomato, onions and chillies. A typical Kurdish breakfast consists of cheese, butter, olives, eggs, tomatoes, cucumbers, green ... courgettes and potatoes in a slightly spicy tomato sauce. Tashreeb consists of layers of naan in a sauce of green pepper, ... For lunch, lamb and vegetables are simmered in a tomato sauce to make a stew usually served with rice and savory dishes are ... A common Kurdish speciality for breakfast is called menemen, which is prepared with roasted tomatoes, peppers, olive oil and ...
Beef with tomato sauce (rajská omáčka or rajská) is served with dumplings. Dill sauce (koprová omáčka or koprovka) is often on ... Boiled eggs are also popular. Stuffed eggs are made from halved, shelled, hard-boiled eggs. The yolk is carefully removed into ... and it means that the svíčková sauce is with cream. Braised beef, usually larded, with a svíčková sauce-a thick sauce of carrot ... Sweet dumplings with custard sauce (buchtičky se šodó) are small pieces of yeast pastry poured with cream made from egg yolks ...
Arroz a la cubana
In Spain, a typical dish of arroz a la cubana consists of a serving of white rice with tomato sauce and a fried egg. Sometimes ... Its defining ingredients are rice and a fried egg. A plantain or banana, and tomato sauce, are so frequently used as often to ... The modern version always includes ground beef cooked with tomatoes or tomato sauce, and this beef preparation by itself ... tomato sauce, diced potatoes, raisins, and diced carrots, plus white rice, a fried egg and a ripe native banana, sliced length- ...
In Western North Carolina, thin tomato and vinegar based sauces are common. In rural Pennsylvania, egg is sometimes used to ... In Alabama, egg or mayonnaise-based white sauces are sometimes served with barbecue chicken at the table as a dipping sauce. ... In North America, barbecue chicken is often seasoned with a spice rub, then coated with a tomato based barbecue sauce, and ... Per the same book, barbecue in Southern Alabama tends to have sauces that are tomato-based. California Pizza Kitchen, a ...
Typical sauces are hogao, a tomato onion sauce, and ají, a spicy raw cilantro-based sauce used as a condiment for many dishes ... Changua (milk soup with eggs) is a typical breakfast soup of the central Andes region of Colombia, in particular in the Boyacá ... It is usually accompanied by avocado, tomato, and special sauces. In the city of Cali, the most traditional dish is "sancocho ... a tomato and onion sauce). The city is also known for its empanadas (a fried corn dough filled with potatoes and meat), ...
... either with tomato sauce or white. Pasta, cooked al dente is mixed with raw scrambled egg and cheese, then pan fried. It can be ... From the classic "pummarola" (tomato sauce) to the simplest aglio e uoglio (garlic and oil), down to a wide variety of sauces, ... then dressed with cherry tomato sauce, or dice-fried, with no tomato Peperoni in padella, sliced peppers pan fried with black ... tomato paste). There are traditionally several ways of preparing home-made tomato preserves, either bottled tomato juice, or ...
Latin American cuisine
It refers to a sauce of tomatoes, roasted bell peppers, garlic, onions and herbs. Rice and beans are also staples in Latin ... They are eaten with various cheeses, refried beans, various forms of eggs or cereal, topped off by milk for younger ones and ... It is usually accompanied by avocado, tomato and sauces. Inland, the plates resemble the mix of cultures, inherited mainly from ... The tomato, another crop with origins in Mexico is also widely consumed and incorporated in the cuisines of most Latin American ...
Mee goreng, yellow egg noodles stir fried with ghee, tomato sauce, chilli, eggs, vegetables, and various meats and seafood. Mee ... Salted Egg crab and buttermilk crab are also common. Chilli crab, hard shell crabs cooked in chilli sauce, usually served with ... Char kway teow (炒粿条; chǎo guǒ tiáo), thick, flat rice noodles stir-fried in dark soy sauce with shrimp, eggs, beansprouts, fish ... It can be served simply with white rice and a thick dark sauce, or with braised hard-boiled eggs, preserved salted vegetables, ...
Cheese on toast
Pickled cucumber, Branston pickle, fried tomatoes, fried eggs, Worcestershire sauce and baked beans are also common. Recipe ... Further toppings are optional; the most basic being chopped onions (raw or grilled with the cheese), brown sauce or ketchup. ... "BBC recipe by Lesley Waters: cheese sauce on toast". Bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 13 January 2011. "Archived copy". Archived from the ... It is sometimes called Welsh rabbit, although that usually involves a sauce including other ingredients as well. Cheese on ...
In Argentina, a milanesa napolitana is topped with ham, melted mozzarella cheese and tomato slices or tomato sauce. Due to the ... The meat is seasoned with salt and pepper, dipped in beaten eggs and covered with flour or bread crumbs and fried in vegetable ... In Cuba, breaded cutlet is served as steak milanesa, made with a thin cut of sirloin, breaded and fried, with tomato sauce on ... If not accompanied by the tomato sauce, it is merely known as bistec empanizado, bistec empanado or empanada. It is sometimes ...
The topping is with hard-boiled egg or tomato sauce, and, also occasionally with avocado slices. Appetizers served are a shark ... an add on of hard boiled egg and butter or olive oil sauce with a banana or in the Portuguese style with tomato-onion sauce, ... usually served on Sundays with tomato sauce and olive oil). Fish chowder is considered a national dish, which is a staple food ... Dating to 1612, cassava pie is a Christmas dinner specialty, combining chicken or pork with eggs, brandy and sweet pastry. ...
It is served with yoğurt or tomato sauce and garlic. Mücver is prepared with grated squash/courgette or potatoes, egg, onion, ... Terbiyeli Sulu Köfte is another meatball speciality cooked with flour, tomato paste and water in which lemon and egg sauce is ... and peppers or potatoes served with yogurt or tomato sauce. Menemen and çılbır are typical summer dishes, based on eggs. Sheep ... Menemen consists of scrambled eggs cooked in tomato, green pepper, and can be onion and garlic. Çılbır is another traditional ...
... typically a savory white sauce on one-half and a red tomato-based sauce on the other half. Elaborate versions use the sauces to ... Bacon and egg fried rice Chaulafan is the name for Chinese fried rice in Ecuador. In Ecuador and Peru, dark soy sauce is ... Fried rice dishes can be seasoned with salt, different types of soy sauce, oyster sauce and many other sauces and spices. ... The seasonings, which may include soy sauce, sugar, salt, possibly some chili sauce, and the ubiquitous nam pla (fish sauce), ...
Common ingredients for Indian-style mee goreng may include spices, tomato sauce, potatoes, cabbage, and sweet soy sauce. A ... A typical method may involve stir-frying the noodles with vegetables, eggs, and other ingredients such as tofu and meat. ... sauce made up of twelve herbs and spices. Mee goreng exists in Sri Lankan cuisine due to historical Malay cultural influences. ...
They are then deep-fried or baked in the oven with tomato sauce. In Italy, zucchini is served in a variety of ways: fried, ... Another popular dish is oven-baked zucchini-sliced or grated-covered with a mixture of eggs, yogurt, flour, and dill. In Egypt ... zucchini may be cooked with tomato sauce, garlic, and onions. In France, zucchini is a key ingredient in ratatouille, a stew of ... Zucchini may be stuffed with meat or with other fruits such as tomatoes or bell peppers in a dish called courgette farcie ( ...
Ethiopian Jewish cuisine
Sanbat Wat is a spicy dish and is commonly seasoned with berbere, cloves, onions, tomato sauce, and other savory ingredients. ... To break the fast, it is traditional to eat a lamb or chicken stew served with eggs and potatoes. Since meat can be scarce in ... Sanbat Wat is a doro wat of chicken and hard-boiled eggs served with injera. ...
... can be also prepared without tomato sauce (supplì in bianco "white-style supplì"). They are usually eaten with the ... the whole morsel is soaked in egg, coated with bread crumbs and then fried (usually deep-fried). They are closely related to ... with tomato sauce, typical of Roman cuisine. Originally, they were filled with chicken giblets, mincemeat or provatura (a kind ...
The omelet itself is made with an ostrich egg and served with a spicy tomato-pepper sauce. Egg foo yung, a Cantonese omelette ... an egg is broken into the batter as it cooks. In Parsi cuisine, Pora is an omelette made from eggs, onion, tomato, green ... In Iran, the kind of Omelette which is about ground or chopped tomato with egg folded in, is mostly consumed or served as ... In Japan, tamagoyaki is a traditional omelette in which eggs are beaten with mirin, soy sauce, bonito flakes, sugar and water, ...
In Central Italy, there are sauces such as tomato sauce, amatriciana, arrabbiata and the egg-based carbonara. Tomato sauces are ... In Greece hilopittes is considered one of the finest types of dried egg pasta. It is cooked either in tomato sauce or with ... Northern Italian cooking uses less tomato sauce, garlic and herbs, and white sauce is more common. However Italian cuisine ... alone or in any combination with liquid eggs, frozen eggs, dried eggs, egg yolks, frozen yolks, dried yolks, alone or in any ...
A maquis normally features braised chicken and fish covered in onions and tomatoes, served with attiéké or kedjenou. ... Mafé is a common dish consisting of meat in a peanut sauce. ... with grilled fish or boiled eggs. Chicken is commonly consumed and has a unique flavor due to its lean, low-fat mass in this ...
... or sometimes called bektim is a Chinese Indonesian pork offals stewed in mild soy sauce-based soup. The stew tastes ... Vegetables, such as boiled potatoes, salted vegetables, tofu, and sometimes hard boiled egg might be added. ... Pork offals (liver, tongue, ear, intestine) and meat braised in soy sauce, garlic and Chinese herbs. ... mildly sweet and salty, made from soy sauce, garlic, and Chinese herbs. It is a popular fare street food in Indonesian ...
Ful Medames is the same as the Egyptian dish (it is not mashed though) but with the addition of tomato, parsley and onion and ... Dried broad beans are eaten boiled, sometimes combined with garlic sauce (skordalia). In Crete, fresh broad beans are shelled ... and often also a boiled or fried egg. Fool (فول) is another common breakfast dish in Iraq as well as many other Arab countries ...
... may be stir-fried with ground beef and oyster sauce, or with eggs and diced tomato. The dish pinakbet, popular in the Ilocos ... In Burmese cuisine, bitter melon is sauteéd with garlic, tomatoes, spices and dried shrimp and is served as an accompaniment to ... It is also served sliced, stir-fried with garlic and fish sauce until just tender. Varieties found in Thailand range from large ... region of Luzon, consists mainly of bitter melons, eggplant, okra, string beans, tomatoes, lima beans, and other various ...
Tomato omelette where tomatoes and a paste of flour are used to produce a vegetable omelette without the use of eggs. ... Vegetables (fresh, canned, frozen, pureed, dried or pickled); derived products such as vegetable sauces like chili sauce and ... When baking, eggs are easily replaced by ground flax seeds, applesauce, mashed bananas, or commercial egg replacer ... In Germany, Frankfurt green sauce, Klöße with vegetarian sauces (e.g., Chanterelle), cheese or vegetable stuffed Maultaschen, ...
... to intensify the colour of tomato paste, sauces, desserts, jams and jellies, ice cream, sweets, and breakfast cereals. ... Hard-boiled eggs are refrigerated in the liquid left over from pickling beets and allowed to marinate until the eggs turn a ... Betanin, obtained from the roots, is used industrially as red food colorant, to improve the color and flavor of tomato paste, ... A traditional Pennsylvania Dutch dish is pickled beet egg. ... sauces, desserts, jams and jellies, ice cream, candy, and ...
... eggs, milk, and meat. Nuts, grains and legumes provide vegetable sources of protein, and protein combining of vegetable sources ... and tomato products. It is also an excellent place for bacterial growth and food spoilage if it is not properly processed. One ... is the most widely used food colouring and is found in foods from soft drinks to soya sauce, bread, and pickles. ...
This type of tomato is grown commercially near plants that process and can tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste. They are ... Female P. operculella use the leaves to lay their eggs and the hatched larvae will eat away at the mesophyll of the leaf. ... or paste tomatoes (including pear tomatoes), are bred with a lower water /higher solids content for use in tomato sauce and ... sauce tomatoes, pizza tomatoes, and tomatoes for long-term storage. These varieties are usually known for their place of origin ...
The role of grated coconut and eggs as binding agent in bobotok seems to be replaced by beaten eggs, milk and shredded bread in ... egg, salted egg, shrimp, minced beef or even bee larvae. The botok method is used in several variant ingredients, and also ... After perfectly cooked, the grated coconut and sometimes the egg addition, acted as the binding agent of the whole botok ... quite different as it uses minced beef and eggs, with the absence of grated coconut and banana leaf package. ...
Then the sandwich is covered in a red tomato/chili pepper sauce. ... It is made with eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon, and ... This is goat or lamb meat cooked in a spicy sauce seasoned with chili peppers, ginger, cumin, black pepper, oregano and cloves. ... which is a sauce prepared with peanuts, squash and sesame seed. Bionico is a popular local dessert. The city hosts the Feria ...
... dried millipedes in tomato sauce. Millipedes have also inspired and played roles in scientific research. In 1963, a walking ... and may protect the eggs within silk cocoons. In most species, the female abandons the eggs after they are laid, but some ... Females lay from ten to three hundred eggs at a time, depending on species, fertilising them with the stored sperm as they do ... Many species deposit the eggs on moist soil or organic detritus, but some construct nests lined with dried faeces, ...
Los colonieros also produce other crops and goods originating in German culture, such as peaches, tree tomato, passion fruit, ... It usually involves the whole family, and it is customary for the children look for eggs hidden in the courtyards. The Monday ... strawberries, blackberries, figs, vegetables, bread, sausages, pastry, sauces and pasta, beer, wood, ceramics, wrought iron and ... tomatoes, peaches, garlic, peaches and other temperate crops. It has also installed ceramic craft workshops, sausage factories ...
... calls for raw egg yolk mixed with Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper. By 1938, the Ritz-Carlton Hotel ... Alcoholic writer Ernest Hemingway relied on tomato juice and beer. Other purported hangover cures include cocktails such as ... The ancient Romans, on the authority of Pliny the Elder, favored raw owl's eggs or fried canary, while the "prairie oyster ... "Raw Eggs? Hair of the Dog? New Options for the Besotted". The New York Times ...
Top Chef (season 3)
WINNER: Tre (Roasted Ostrich Filet with Heirloom Tomato Risotto & Abalone Reduction Sauce) ... WINNER: Hung (Steak & Eggs with Papaya; Banana & Grand Marnier Shake). Elimination Challenge: The contestants flew to Newark ... ELIMINATED: Joey (Tri-Colored Fusilli with Garlic & Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce & Chicken) ... WINNER: Tre (Bacon Wrapped Shrimp, Cheese Grits with Tomato Chipotle Butter). *ELIMINATED: Sara N. (Beef Sliders with ...
It is somewhat similar in taste and texture to liverwurst and, served with a nam chim (Thai dipping sauce), a popular snack in ... It is commonly sliced into small patties and pan-fried, or cooked and crumbled into scrambled eggs or gravy. Scrapple is a pork ... This is a hotdog bun with a piece of boerewors in, served with a tomato and onion relish called seshebo. Seshebo can include ... Vienna sausages are eaten as an appetizer or in hot dogs (called panchos), which are usually served with different sauces and ...
Poultry, lamb, goat, eggs, milk, cream, ice cream, butter, cheese, honey, syrup, jams, jellies, sauces, mushrooms, flowers, ... "America's Best Tomato Varieties". Mother Earth News.. *^ "Deceptive Vendors Discovered in California Farmers Markets - Organic ... The Tampa Bay Times also found that packaged foods, such as sauces, honey, jam, and beef jerky may appear to be from local ... a better variety of foods, e.g.: organic foods, pasture-raised meats, free-range eggs and poultry, handmade farmstead cheeses, ...
Tomato puree also adds thickness as well as flavour. Egg yolks are a traditional sauce thickener in professional cooking; they ... Overheating easily ruins such a sauce, which can make egg yolk difficult to use as a thickener for amateur cooks. Other ... Roux, a mixture of flour and fat (usually butter) cooked into a paste, is used for gravies, sauces and stews. Cereal grains ( ... Proteins used as food thickeners include collagen, egg whites, and gelatin. Sugar polymers include agar, carboxymethyl ...
... call for a pasta sauce or tomato sauce to be poured over the loaf to form a crust during baking. The tomato-based sauce may be ... and whole boiled eggs. The meat is molded into a roll with the sausages and hard boiled eggs set in the middle. Another ... and various spices flattened into a square loaf nd covered in either tomato sauce or tahini sauce. It is baked with the sauces ... Barbecue sauce, tomato ketchup, or a mixture of tomato ketchup and mustard may also be used. American meatloaf may be topped ...
The seasoning is as important as the fish, including salt, pepper, onion, tomato, saffron, fennel, sage, thyme, bay laurel, ... Aïoli is a thick emulsion sauce made from olive oil flavoured with crushed garlic. It often accompanies a bourride, a fish soup ... Oursinade [fr] a sauce made from sea urchins, often applied to fish. Its name refers to a "tasting" of sea urchins. ... Though it resembles a pizza, it is made with bread dough and the traditional variety never has a tomato topping. It is usually ...
Tortilla de patatas (potato omelette) and patatas bravas (a dish of fried potatoes in a spicy tomato sauce) are near-universal ... Bauernfrühstück (literally farmer's breakfast) is a warm German dish made from fried potatoes, eggs, ham and vegetables. ... "Tomato-like Fruit on Potato Plants". Iowa State University. Retrieved 8 January 2009.. ... Potato starch is used in the food industry as a thickener and binder for soups and sauces, in the textile industry as an ...
Duck as food
Duck meat is commonly eaten with scallions, cucumbers and hoisin sauce wrapped in a small spring pancake made of flour and ... Wikimedia Commons has media related to duck eggs.. Wikibooks Cookbook has a recipe/module on * Duck ... Duck à l'orange - a classic French dish in which the duck is roasted and served with an orange sauce. ... Some restaurants on Long Island serve this dish with a cherry sauce. ...
The braised duck is usually cooked with yam and shrimps; it can be served simply with plain white rice and a thick dark sauce; ... side dishes of braised hard-boiled eggs, preserved salted vegetables, or hard beancurd may be added. In addition, Teochew ... allowing the sauces to seep into the meat, making it a more pleasant experience on the whole; Hainanese chicken rice and other ...
Dairy and eggs. One of the main differences between a vegan and a typical vegetarian diet is the avoidance of both eggs ... tomato juice, tempeh, molasses, thyme, and whole-wheat bread. The related vegan diets can often be higher in iron than ... fermented foods or sauces, and alcoholic drinks. Coffee, black or green tea, chocolate, nutmeg, and any other type of stimulant ... and a lacto-vegetarian diet includes dairy products but not eggs. A vegan diet excludes all animal products, including eggs and ...
Chicken as food
Chicken eggs: The most well-known and well-consumed byproduct.. *Heart and gizzard: in Brazilian churrascos, chicken hearts are ... Buffalo wings, invented in Buffalo, New York, are chicken wings that are generally deep-fried then coated or dipped in a sauce ... Chicken and chicken eggs were, then as now, vital staples. In part this was due to a perception that both of these foodstuffs ... the unapproved antibiotic ceftiofur is routinely injected into eggs in Quebec and Ontario to discourage infection of hatchlings ...
Acidic foods such as tomato sauce which are cooked for many hours also exacerbate this effect. ... Egg hatching and fingerling survival are affected. In adult fish there are reports of histopathological damage to liver, kidney ...
Sliced sausage pieces (usually falukorv) served in a creamy tomato sauce, a cheaper Swedish variation of Beef Stroganoff. ... Open sandwich with prawns, egg and mayonnaise. Lettuce, tomato or cucumber are commonly added, usually topped with lemon and ... Patty of ground veal, cream, eggs yolks and coated in breadcrumbs. Seafood. A limited range of fish and other seafood is ... Barkis or bergis is a localised version of challah usually made without eggs and at first only available in Stockholm and ...
Meat (beef, chicken, pork), seafood, or vegetables; soy sauce, vinegar, cooking oil, garlic, black peppercorn, bay leaf. ... It does not traditionally use chilis, paprika, oregano, or tomatoes. Its only similarity to Spanish and Latin American adobo is ... hard boiled eggs, banana blossoms, and the addition of brown sugar. ... A rarer version without soy sauce is known as adobong puti ("white adobo"), which uses salt instead, to contrast it with ...
Trade and use of saffron
Other Moroccan dishes cooked with saffron include some types of tajines, kefta (meatballs with tomato), mqualli (a citron- ... which is critical in preparing baked goods or thick sauces. ... and eggs. ISaffron Icecream: Other name (Bastani sonnati), Very ...
In particular in Cologne, the traditional Himmel und Erde (Heaven and Earth) combines apple sauce, mashed potatoes and ... Sliced, it is served with kachumbari, an onion based salad consisting of tomatoes, red onions and fresh coriander, a bit of ... It is also eaten with apple sauce, brown sugar, syrup or red cabbage. As a cold cut, thin slices are eaten as a sandwich ... Green cabbage is one of the ingredients in Luxembourg's träipen which are also served pan fried with apple sauce. It is known ...
Noodles with tomato egg sauce - Wikipedia
... tomato and egg. All the three ingredients are common in daily life so noodle with tomato egg sauce is very popular with people ... Noodles with tomato egg sauce（Chinese: 西红柿鸡蛋面/番茄鸡蛋面）is a traditional Chinese dish. It is very simple to cook. Just as its name ... goods.pcbaby.com.cn/muyingseo/fs/1111/1053956.html Noodles with Tomato Egg Sauce. ...
Savory Ricotta Pancakes with Tomato-Chard Sauce - Egg Recipes
Pancakes transcend breakfast when theyre made with savory ricotta cheese and topped with an Italian tomato and Swiss chard ... Prepare Tomato-Chard Sauce: In 4-quart saucepan, heat olive oil on medium until hot. Add onion and garlic, and cook 6 to 8 ... Add tomato paste; cook 1 minute, stirring. Add tomatoes with their puree and 1/4 teaspoon salt; heat to boiling on medium-high ... Remove saucepan from heat; cover to keep sauce warm.. *Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Prepare Savory Ricotta ...
Arepas with Scrambled Eggs and Tomato and Onion Sauce Recipe - QueRicaVida.com
But, I like making a sauce out of chopped tomatoes, onions, black pepper, bell peppers, and avocado, to go with these delicious ... Yum! The final touch is cooking the scrambled eggs with a little bit of quinoa to make them unique and even more flavorful. Try ... For breakfast, theyre delicious stuffed with scrambled or fried eggs, and you can also fill them with cheeses or ham and ... In Venezuela, theyre served with a sauce called guasacaca which is incredible. ...
Curried Eggs with Spinach and Tomato Sauce | Naturally Ella
... one-pan dish with curried eggs in tomato sauce and fresh spinach. Perfect for breakfast or dinner, served with toast or over ... Eggs cooked in a spicy, curried tomato sauce makes for a perfect breakfast, lunch, or light dinner. Serve with crust bread or ... A recent conversation left me with curried eggs that were poached in tomato sauce. This recipe is a variation on that idea and ... If your diced tomatoes have more liquid, puree 1/2 cup or so of the liquid/diced tomatoes and mix back in to the tomatoes. ...
Sweet Potato Cakes with Curried Tomato Sauce and Poached Egg | Naturally Ella
This resembles the closest way I poach an egg.. *To assemble, lay sweet potato cakes, followed by tomato sauce, egg, and ... "Curried Tomato Soup with Hard-Boiled Eggs." I really hate basing a meal on tomatoes when all I have is canned (and tomato ... 29 Responses to "Sweet Potato Cakes with Curried Tomato Sauce and Poached Egg". * Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar. says: ... Sweet Potato Cakes with Makhani Tomato Sauce and Poached Egg. * Author: Erin Alderson ...
Recipes with Soy, Corn, Cornmeal, Ground beef, Tomato, Egg whites, Green pepper, Chili powder, Worcestershire sauce - Recipe...
green pepper, cornmeal, corn, tomato, worcestershire sauce, chili powder, +cayenne, +onions, +ketchup, +olives, +eggs, + ... Ingredient Informationsoycorncornmealground beeftomatoegg whitesgreen pepperchili powderworcestershire sauce ... worcestershire sauce, +onions, +celery, +parsley, +sharp cheese, +tomato juice, +salt, +cayenne, +hot sauce, +olives, +garlic ... chili powder, tomato, egg whites, ground beef, corn, green pepper, soy, cornmeal, +garlic, +milk, +onions, +salt ...
Eggs Parmesan--Dairy Free Style Recipes with Soymilk, Italian seasoning, Tomato sauce, Mozzarella cheese, Mozzarella cheese,...
Ande ki Kari (Eggs in Spicy Tomato Sauce) Recipe - NYT Cooking
... sample yours before adding it to the sauce, then stir it in to taste You can make the sauce and hard-cook the eggs a day ahead ... hard-cooked eggs are swathed in a spicy tomato gravy fragrant with cardamom, cumin and cinnamon Since garam masala spice blends ... store them in the refrigerator), but the eggs are best introduced to the pot just before serving; simply reheat them in the ... Bring sauce back to a simmer over low heat, stir in garam masala, and gently add eggs to sauce. Simmer just long enough to heat ...
Steamed Mussels with Garlic, Tomatoes, and Green Onions Recipe | Old Farmer's Almanac
Boiled Shrimp with Dipping Sauce. Rolled Stuffed Lasagna with Greens. Easy Chicken Enchiladas. ... 2 medium tomatoes (or 4 plum tomatoes), seeded and coarsely chopped*. 1 bunch green onions, sliced diagonally in 1/4-inch ... Stir in tomatoes and green onions and cook about 30 seconds; add mussels and toss just to reheat. Sprinkle generously with ...
tomatoes | BlogHer
Poached Eggs in Tomato Sauce By dcusentino Chris and I entered a Snapguide contest with this recipe. The grand prize was a ... Got tomatoes? Heres a rundown of ways to put up your maters, from basic canned tomatoes to salsa, ketchup and more. 1. CANNING ... Tomatoes smell exactly like summer sunshine. After years of eating anemic, mealy tomatoes from the grocery store, I was ... Heirloom Tomato SaladI was walking through the produce department at my local Whole Foods Market the other day when I passed ...
Truly Tender Meatballs in Rich Tomato Sauce | Onions | Boston Organics
Learn to make truly tender meatballs in rich tomato sauce and hundreds of other recipes featuring onions and other organic ... Scrape the mixture out into a large mixing bowl and add the egg. Remove the breadcrumbs from the milk, squeezing out the excess ... For the Tomato Sauce:. *28 oz. can whole peeled imported Italian plum tomatoes with juice ... breaking the tomatoes up with your fingers or a spoon.. Add the browned meatballs to the simmering tomato sauce, cover and ...
Skillet Chicken With Rhubarb - Video - NYTimes.com
Chicken A La King Recipe | Old Farmer's Almanac
Chicken Thighs in Tomato-Ginger Sauce - Recipe - FineCooking
The butter swirled into the sauce may seem like an unusual addition, but it adds richness and flavor, and softens the tomatoes ... Cloud Eggs with Spinach Salad Cloud eggs-basically a nest of baked egg whites cradling the yolk-became an Instagram thing for ... Chicken Thighs in Tomato-Ginger Sauce. By Dabney Gough Fine Cooking Issue 121 ... The butter swirled into the sauce may seem like an unusual addition, but it adds richness and flavor, and softens the tomatoes ...
Olive Oil Poached Shrimp with Ginger-Tomato Sauce - Recipe - FineCooking
Cloud Eggs with Spinach Salad Cloud eggs-basically a nest of baked egg whites cradling the yolk-became an Instagram thing for ... Distribute the tomato sauce among 4 serving plates, arrange the shrimp on top of the sauce, and serve. ... Add the tomatoes and their juices, orange juice, and sugar and simmer for 5 minutes to meld the flavors. Purée the sauce in a ... Olive Oil Poached Shrimp with Ginger-Tomato Sauce. By Molly Stevens Fine Cooking Issue 104 ...
Bulgur and Turkey Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
2 large egg whites. 2 garlic cloves, minced. Sauce:. saute medium. 1 cup finely chopped onion. 1 garlic clove, minced. 1 cup ... Bulgur and Turkey Meatballs in Tomato Sauce Refrigerating the meat mixture makes it easier to handle and helps the meatballs ... Stir in cinnamon, and diced tomatoes. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 - 15 minutes until sauce thickens. Serve meatballs over ... To prepare sauce, heat skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1 minced garlic clove; ...
Low-Calorie Dishes | Food & Wine
From goat cheese-stuffed mushrooms with bread crumbs to eggs baked in roasted tomato sauce, these healthy recipes dont ... Eggs Baked in Roasted Tomato Sauce Calories per serving: 246. Studies have shown that people who eat eggs for breakfast tend to ... From goat cheese-stuffed mushrooms with bread crumbs to eggs baked in roasted tomato sauce, these healthy recipes dont ... From goat cheese-stuffed mushrooms with bread crumbs to eggs baked in roasted tomato sauce, these healthy recipes dont ...
25 Gluten-Free Breakfast Recipes
Eggs Baked in Tomato Sauce. This one-skillet shakshuka is great for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or even dinner. Add vegetables of ... Tomato Tart. A flaky crust made with gluten-free flour provides a beautiful base to show off summers best tomatoes. Add some ... Eggs and Quiches. Eggs are an easy, versatile, gluten-free breakfast option. They are packed with protein and make a great base ... This recipes uses egg to bind protein-rich quinoa (instead of bread) into a tasty French toast-esque breakfast. Maple syrup is ...
Ande ki Kari (Eggs in Spicy Tomato Sauce) - Dining and Cooking
KariCoconut OilCorianderEggEggs in Spicy Tomato SauceGaram MasalaGarlicGheeGingerGluten FreeIndianIndian dishTomatoTomato Sauce ... Bring sauce back to a simmer over low heat, stir in garam masala, and gently add eggs to sauce. Simmer just long enough to heat ... You can make the sauce and hard-cook the eggs a day ahead (store them in the refrigerator), but the eggs are best introduced to ... grate the tomatoes through the large holes so tomato pulp falls into bowl. Discard skins. Measure out 2 cups tomato purée. ( ...
Nikki Tiani-Moroney on Flipboard
Long and gentle cooking lends a deep flavour to this rich tomato sauce.,p,We are back, temporarily, in the flat I lived in when ... Sheet Pan Egg-in-a-Hole Biscuits. Cheddar and chive biscuits go vertical! The perfect brunch item to impress on a budget: ... Authentic Italian fishballs in a rich tomato sauce. This version of a classic Italian meatball recipe makes tender white fish ...
Cheese Ravioli with Cherry Tomato Sauce | Williams Sonoma
In a bowl, stir together the ricotta, Parmigiano-Reggiano, thyme, parsley, lemon zest, salt, pepper and egg yolk. Put the egg ... Cheese Ravioli with Cherry Tomato Sauce. *bvseo_sdk, java_sdk, bvseo-4.0.0 ... Add the tomatoes and sauté, stirring occasionally, until they begin to blister and brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and ... Using a pastry brush, brush the edges of the rounds with the egg white, then place a heaping 1 tsp. filling in the center. Top ...
Tomato Sauce - Wegmans
Our Products are Free of: wheat; peanuts; soy; dairy; tree nuts; fish; egg; shellfish. Also made without casein, potato, sesame ... Best In: Casseroles, lasagna, pizza, risotto, sauces. Tuttorosso Cooking Tips: Tomato sauce is similar to puree, but flavored ... Tomato Puree (Water, Tomato Paste), Water, Less Than 2% of: Salt, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Naturally Derived Citric Acid, ... To thicken any recipe and add rich tomato flavor, use Tuttorosso Tomato Paste. For Tips & Recipes Visit: TuttorossoTomatoes.com ...
Red Gold Tomato Sauce - 15 Oz - Albertsons
Browse our wide selection of Tomato Sauce & Puree for Delivery or Drive Up & Go to pick up at the store! ... Shop Red Gold Tomato Sauce - 15 Oz from Albertsons. ... Our Products Are Free of: wheat; dairy; egg; soy; peanuts; tree ... Tomato Puree (Water, Tomato Paste from Vine-Ripened Tomatoes), Water, Less than 2% of: Salt, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, ... Tomato Sauce. 100% natural. Non GMO Project verified. nongmoproject.org. Non-BPA liner. Grown by families. Enjoyed by families ...
Meatballs and Old-Fashioned Tomato Sauce
Our recipe makes enough meatballs and sauce for 12 servings. So, make a batch to serve today, and still have enough to freeze ... Add ground turkey or pork, egg whites, grated cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper; mix just until evenly combined. ... Meanwhile, prepare Old-Fashioned Tomato Sauce:. In 6-quart Dutch oven or saucepot, heat olive oil over medium heat until hot. ... Place tomatoes with puree in large bowl. With hands, slotted spoon, or kitchen shears, break up tomatoes until well crushed. ...
Red Meat: Good or Bad? | Food Network Healthy Eats: Recipes, Ideas, and Food News | Food Network
8 Juicy Ways to Eat Peaches Before They're Gone - Summer Soiree | FN Dish - Behind-the-Scenes, Food Trends, and Best Recipes :...
One-Pot Spaghetti with Fresh Tomato Sauce. LIVE CLASS Tomorrow @ 6PM EST ... 10 Ways to Be a Tomato Whisperer - Summer Soiree A true tomato whisperer holds these 10 peak-season values true all season long ... Well take any opportunity to toss peak-season tomatoes into any salad we make; the same goes for peach wedges, which bring a ... Capitalize on the juicy-sweet perfection of peaches by taking them in their freshest from, with a Tomato Peach Salad with ...
Royal Feast Menu - Millbrae, CA Restaurant - Order Online
How To Make An Egg-Battered Fishwich on Toast with Yogurt Tartar Sauce By Rachael | Rachael Ray Show
... punched-up tartar sauce - whats not to love about this spin on the classic fish sandwich? ... Rachs Linguine With Sweet + Sour Cherry Tomato Sauce. Rach shares a linguine pasta recipe with an agrodolce (sweet & sour) ... How To Make An Egg-Battered Fishwich on Toast with Yogurt Tartar Sauce By Rachael Golden battered white fish fillets with a ... Playing How To Make An Egg-Battered Fishwich on Toast with Yogurt Tartar Sauce By Rachael ...
Bulgur and Lamb Meatballs in Tomato Sauce Recipe | MyRecipes
Roast Beef, Tomato, & Red Onion sandwich & Peppery Balsamic Vinaigrette Sauce Recipe | MyRecipes
... and Red Onion Sandwich with Peppery Balsamic Vinaigrette Sauce. MyRecipes has 70,000+ tested recipes and videos ... Layer tenderloin slices, onions, tomatoes, and arugula over sauce; drizzle with remaining sauce. Cover with bread tops. ... Roast Beef, Tomato, and Red Onion Sandwich with Peppery Balsamic Vinaigrette Sauce. ... Roast Beef, Tomato, and Red Onion Sandwich with Peppery Balsamic Vinaigrette Sauce ...
RecipeGarlicOnionsStirCupsTablespoonsPureeSimmerIngredientsPasteTablespoonOnionOliveNoodlesPastaBasilRecipesSprinkleSpoonMozzarella cheeseDishWhitesOreganoMixtureLasagnaParmesan cheeseSaltBaconRicotta cheeseCheeseFlourBreadPepperPlumSpicy tomatoBoilBeatenArugulaPreheatFlavorMeatballs with Tomato SauceVegetableChickenCombineBakeKetchupRipeFresh tomatoesCookRich Tomato SauceMinutesSaladCherry tomato
- To thicken any recipe and add rich tomato flavor, use Tuttorosso Tomato Paste. (wegmans.com)
- Our recipe makes enough meatballs and sauce for 12 servings. (goodhousekeeping.com)
- We served 1 pound spaghetti, cooked, with 8 meatballs and 3 1/3 cups sauce (one-third of recipe). (goodhousekeeping.com)
- Rach shares a linguine pasta recipe with an agrodolce (sweet & sour) fresh cherry tomato sauce. (rachaelrayshow.com)
- In this recipe, the meatballs are served with a sauce over bulgur-but they can be made as an appetizer, served over rice or pilaf, grilled and wrapped into pita bread, and more. (minnesotamonthly.com)
- Pardon my Latin, but once in a while I like to shake up my meat sauce modus operandi, and this brightly colored beef brisket cherry tomato sauce recipe is an example. (blogspot.com)
- Even though I've received hundreds of requests for my tomato sauce recipe, I've resisted filming it for a few reasons. (blogspot.com)
- Any sauce recipe is only as good as the tomatoes, and unless you're going to use a basket of sugar-sweet, vine-ripened tomatoes in the middle of summer, these are your best option. (blogspot.com)
- I hope you find some and give this sauce recipe a try. (blogspot.com)
- basil cooked for hours in a tomato sauce recipe tastes completely different than basil added at the last second to a Thai curry. (blogspot.com)
- I went looking on your site for a tomato sauce recipe a few weeks back, hoping to find something to use with the sauce tomatoes we bought. (blogspot.com)
- Try this Seafood Cakes with Creamed Tomato, Herb Garlic Sauce recipe, or contribute your own. (bigoven.com)
- Turkey sausage, sautéed vegetables, and mozzarella and ricotta cheeses are mixed with a delicious homemade tomato sauce and rolled up in lasagna noodles in this tasty makeover recipe of traditional lasagna. (eatingwell.com)
- recipe} Baked eggs with gluten-free turkey, chickpea, and spinach meatballs in smokey paprika tomato sauce - flavourful, packed with antioxidants, and makes a perfect brunch. (tastespotting.com)
- Home made passata sauce recipe. (tastespotting.com)
- Easy stir-fry recipe: cauliflower stir-fried with tomatoes and tomato sauce. (tastespotting.com)
- recipe} Master the sauté -- and then make this Greek-inspired shrimp in tomato sauce. (tastespotting.com)
- An easy and delicious recipe for homemade tomato sauce, and meatballs. (tastespotting.com)
- recipe} This Mediterranean Chicken with Garlic Tomato Sauce is a riff on Pita Jungle's Wood Fired Chicken. (tastespotting.com)
- Parmesan crusted tilapia with tomato-basil cream sauce is a quick and easy dinner recipe that the whole family will love. (lifesambrosia.com)
- To make this easy fish recipe, simply coat tilapia in parmesan and panko, pan fry to golden brown and topped with creamy tomato sauce. (lifesambrosia.com)
- Everyone needs a go-to eggs Benny recipe. (purewow.com)
- I used Ragu Robusto Six Cheese sauce and it made the recipe even better. (kraftrecipes.com)
- Tuttorosso Cooking Tips: Tomato sauce is similar to puree, but flavored with garlic, onion and bell pepper. (wegmans.com)
- His Grilled Chicken Breasts with Spicy Peach Glaze are brushed with a sweet peach glaze, made with the stone fruit's preserves, soy sauce, Dijon mustard, garlic and jalapeno, which you can make anytime of year. (foodnetwork.com)
- Herb Garlic Sauce: In sauce pot, saute shallots until transparent. (bigoven.com)
- 8. Heat the oil for 30 seconds, add the chopped garlic, cherry tomatoes and 1/2 teaspoon salt stirring until the tomatoes start to soften and blister, about 4 minutes. (philips.com)
- It might be hard to resist licking the plate but if you've got company try soaking up any leftover sauce with some crusty herb garlic bread . (lifesambrosia.com)
- To make Florida Citrus Tomato Sauce: Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil in large saucepan until tender. (foodservicedirector.com)
- Add egg, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup onions, garlic, hot pepper sauce and turkey to tomato sauce in bowl. (latimes.com)
- Before the garlic has a chance to start browning, stir it into the onions and add tomatoes. (nytimes.com)
- Breaded chicken nuggets topped on a bed of angel-hair pasta baked in cups with garlic tomato sauce with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. (tyson.com)
- I used 1/2 of the rocotta cheese it called for, and I added 2 cloves of garlic & ground beef to the sauce. (kraftrecipes.com)
- Place tomato petals on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle salt and sugar, and add some unpeeled garlic cloves and a few sprigs of thyme. (cordonbleu.edu)
- Spoon over some sauce and garnish with a dollop of Greek yogurt, a sprinkling of diced cucumber, finely chopped sweet onion, and some chopped, fresh dill, parsley, mint, or green onions. (minnesotamonthly.com)
- For the tomato sauce: In a large pot, heat the extra-virgin olive oil and cook the onions until translucent. (cookingchanneltv.com)
- Oriental Turkey Salad features ground turkey browned in a small amount of oil, then flavored with soy sauce, vinegar, Sherry, bouillon and cayenne pepper and served over lettuce with water chestnuts, carrots, mushrooms, chow mein noodles, green onions and tomatoes. (latimes.com)
- Garnish with green onions, tomato and lemon wedges. (latimes.com)
- One or several warm dishes are often served with the meats on special occasions, for example: breaded plaice filet, fried medister sausage, frikadeller with pickled red cabbage, or mørbradbøf (pork tenderloin with sauteed onions or a creamy mushroom sauce). (wikipedia.org)
- Stir in curry paste followed by diced tomatoes. (naturallyella.com)
- Stir in tomatoes and coconut milk, bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer. (naturallyella.com)
- Since garam masala spice blends vary in their chile content, sample yours before adding it to the sauce, then stir it in to taste. (nytimes.com)
- Bring sauce back to a simmer over low heat, stir in garam masala, and gently add eggs to sauce. (nytimes.com)
- Stir in the tomatoes, increase the heat to medium high, and simmer vigorously until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. (finecooking.com)
- Stir the butter into the sauce until incorporated and season to taste with salt. (finecooking.com)
- Stir in cinnamon, and diced tomatoes. (angelfire.com)
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the ravioli to the sauce, add the basil and stir to coat evenly. (williams-sonoma.com)
- Stir in 1/2 cup water, cinnamon, and diced tomatoes. (myrecipes.com)
- Stir the basil into the sauce. (lifesambrosia.com)
- Stir in soy sauce, Sherry, vinegar and cayenne. (latimes.com)
- Lower the heat and stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato purée, salt and pepper. (pbs.org)
- Or, in large bowl, stir flour with egg substitute, olive or salad oil, salt, and 1/4 cup water to form a ball. (goodhousekeeping.com)
- Stir the ricotta, eggs, parmesan, salt and pepper to taste, and a dash of nutmeg in a large bowl. (parenting.com)
- step-item number="2″ image_url="" title="" ]In medium bowl, stir together ricotta, Parmesan, and egg. (rd.com)
- Stir turkey mixture, cottage cheese and egg product into mushroom mixture. (bettycrocker.com)
- Stir in tomato paste. (canadianliving.com)
- In small bowl, stir together ricotta, eggs and pepper. (canadianliving.com)
- Stir in tomato, tomato sauce, and 1/2 cup water. (sunset.com)
- 3. Meanwhile, removed the rosemary sprig from the sauce and stir in the basil. (momswhothink.com)
- Measure out 2 cups tomato purée. (nytimes.com)
- Ladle 1 1/2 cups of tomato sauce in each of 2 large baking pans. (pbs.org)
- Ladle 2 cups of the sauce over each pan of peppers. (pbs.org)
- In food processor with knife blade attached, blend 2 1/4 cups flour with egg substitute, 1 tablespoon olive or salad oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 cup water 10 to 15 seconds to form a smooth ball. (goodhousekeeping.com)
- In 13- x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish, spread 1-1/2 cups of the meat sauce. (canadianliving.com)
- Top with 2-1/2 cups of the meat sauce, 3 noodles, ricotta mixture, 3 noodles, 2-1/2 cups of the meat sauce, 3 noodles, then remaining meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. (canadianliving.com)
- Mix ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan, parsley and egg until blended. (kraftrecipes.com)
- Drizzle about 2 tablespoons Peppery Balsamic Vinaigrette Sauce on bottom half of each loaf of bread. (myrecipes.com)
- For sauce: Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of fat in pan. (minnesotamonthly.com)
- Combine egg whites, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, the ricotta cheese, and 2 tablespoons fresh basil (if using) or 2 teaspoons dried basil (if using) in a medium bowl. (eatingwell.com)
- If your diced tomatoes have more liquid, puree 1/2 cup or so of the liquid/diced tomatoes and mix back in to the tomatoes. (naturallyella.com)
- Place tomatoes with puree in large bowl. (goodhousekeeping.com)
- Add the can of tomatoes, the puree and the stock. (copykat.com)
- Add the tomato puree and bring to a boil. (cookingchanneltv.com)
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer, covered, until sauce is thick and has a satin sheen, 7 to 12 minutes. (nytimes.com)
- Simmer just long enough to heat eggs through. (nytimes.com)
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken, reduce the heat, and simmer until just cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. (finecooking.com)
- Add the tomatoes and their juices, orange juice, and sugar and simmer for 5 minutes to meld the flavors. (finecooking.com)
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 - 15 minutes until sauce thickens. (angelfire.com)
- Mediterranean flavors such as sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, capers, artichoke hearts, tomatoes and white wine simmer together to flavor chicken breasts in this mouthwatering slow-cooker dish. (allrecipes.com)
- Now add the tomato and garam masala and simmer until the tomato thickens - roughly 5 minutes. (blogspot.com)
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens to your desired consistency. (blogspot.com)
- Cover and simmer the sauce for about 1 hour. (pbs.org)
- Simmer the sauce for about 20 minutes, or until it gets nice and thick. (leftoverqueen.com)
- Simmer for a further 10 minutes, uncovered, until you have a well reduced sauce - you don't want anything too wet for this dish as it will make the chicken soggy. (bbc.co.uk)
- Just as its name implies, it only needs three ingredients: noodles, tomato and egg. (wikipedia.org)
- All the three ingredients are common in daily life so noodle with tomato egg sauce is very popular with people in China. (wikipedia.org)
- Sauce: While the arepas are cooking, prepare the sauce by combining all of the ingredients. (quericavida.com)
- I keep the ingredients simple, using a mild curry paste and diced tomatoes as the base and add a handful or two of chopped spinach. (naturallyella.com)
- Is it me or do you use more cherry tomatoes than what's on the listed ingredients. (blogspot.com)
- We have a high bean to sauce ratio made from the finest quality ingredients with no compromise. (fairwayfoodservice.com)
- Clear a spot in the bottom of the pot and add the tomato paste, allowing it to toast briefly before stirring it through the vegetables. (bostonorganics.com)
- The general wisdom says to use pulpy "paste" tomatoes (i.e., plums), which are less watery. (seriouseats.com)
- From left are three types of plum tomato-San Marzano, Amish Paste, and Roma-and then a beefsteak at far right. (seriouseats.com)
- even the tomato paste. (blogspot.com)
- What is the Best Way to Save Leftover Tomato Paste? (rachaelrayshow.com)
- To make the sauce, in a saucepot heat the olive oil and cook the onion until it softens. (pbs.org)
- To make the sauce, heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add the onion. (bbc.co.uk)
- boiled egg, and rings of red onion. (wikipedia.org)
- Tartar - raw lean beef mince with salt and pepper, served on dark rye bread, topped with raw onion rings, grated horseradish and a raw egg yolk. (wikipedia.org)
- Spoon tomato sauce into the center of the circle and decorated with grilled onion quarters, softened courgette slices and chives. (cordonbleu.edu)
- Noodles with tomato egg sauce（Chinese: 西红柿鸡蛋面/番茄鸡蛋面）is a traditional Chinese dish. (wikipedia.org)
- Slightly sweet and meaty tomato sauce, perfect to slather over spaghetti noodles for a quick and delicious dinner. (tastespotting.com)
- Save time with no-boil lasagna noodles, bottled tomato sauce, and frozen spinach - all processed "fast" foods that are good for you because they still supply plenty of essential vitamins and cancer-defeating phytochemicals. (rd.com)
- Gently press lasagna noodles down into dish, so sauce comes up around sides. (rd.com)
- Recipes that call for pre-cooked noodles are specially developed to include enough liquid to surround and rehydrate the noodles, either by calling for more tomato sauce or for water in addition to the sauce.The convenience of no-boil lasagna noodles is twofold: You get to skip the separate step of cooking pasta, and the rigidity of the noodles makes it easier to assemble the layers. (rd.com)
- Make this terrifically cheesy dish with ricotta filling, pasta sauce and noodles today! (kraftrecipes.com)
- cover with remaining noodles and sauce. (kraftrecipes.com)
- Toss 1 lb. of hot cooked pasta (spaghetti or rigatoni work well) in the sauce to coat it, adding a splash or two of the starchy pasta water, and serve the dressed pasta and the meatballs separately, passing additional sauce at the table. (bostonorganics.com)
- Sauces like this should never be ladled over drained pasta! (blogspot.com)
- You need to let the hot pasta absorb some of the sauce before serving - so check it out, and enjoy! (blogspot.com)
- And yes, there is a technique to combining sauce and pasta. (blogspot.com)
- Enjoy this fast and easy vegetarian Carrot Spaghetti with Blistered Cherry Tomato Sauce pasta dish with the Philips Pasta Maker. (philips.com)
- 7. While the pasta is cooking, heat a medium sauce pan over medium heat. (philips.com)
- This version yields enough for leftover pasta and sauce. (nytimes.com)
- step-item number="3″ image_url="" title="" ]Spread 1 cup pasta sauce over bottom of baking dish. (rd.com)
- Spoon pasta sauce over shells. (bettycrocker.com)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine the pasta, 1 cup tomato sauce, eggs and 1 cup mozzarella cheese in a mixing bowl and divide the pasta into a well-oiled muffin tin (12-hole). (tyson.com)
- For optimum flavor, seek out vine-ripened cherry tomatoes and fresh basil at your local farmers' market to create the simple sauce for these cheese ravioli. (williams-sonoma.com)
- Crushed tomato & basil sauce. (wegmans.com)
- Meanwhile, remove rosemary sprig from sauce and add fresh basil. (cookingchanneltv.com)
- Pan fried tilapia with Parmesan and panko breading with a delectable creamy tomato-basil sauce. (lifesambrosia.com)
- That is where the basil and tomato come in. (lifesambrosia.com)
- And believe me, friends, the tomato basil cream sauce really sends this dish over the top. (lifesambrosia.com)
- It's is just creamy enough and the tomatoes and basil add a slightly sweet flavor that contrasts nicely with the salty parmesan. (lifesambrosia.com)
- add the shredded basil, ricotta, egg yolk, grated Parmesan and the 6 sliced courgette flowers. (cordonbleu.edu)
- Browsing Recipes similiar to Eggs Parmesan--Dairy Free Style . (recipepuppy.com)
- From goat cheese-stuffed mushrooms with bread crumbs to eggs baked in roasted tomato sauce, these healthy recipes don't sacrifice taste. (foodandwine.com)
- Second, tomato sauce recipes are so personal that what I may think is a perfect all-purpose sauce, you may taste and think is the worse one you ever had. (blogspot.com)
- Add the chile flakes and port, and cook for a minute or two before adding the herbs and the tomatoes with their juice, breaking the tomatoes up with your fingers or a spoon. (bostonorganics.com)
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken, garnish with the cilantro, and serve. (finecooking.com)
- Spoon the horseradish sauce in the center of each plate. (emerils.com)
- Spoon the corn and tomato salad over each cake. (emerils.com)
- Spoon the remaining sauce over the lasagna rolls. (eatingwell.com)
- Sauce will turn slightly pink and coat the back of the spoon. (lifesambrosia.com)
- Lay fish on a serving platter and spoon sauce over the top. (lifesambrosia.com)
- Spread a few spoonfuls of the tomato sauce on the bottom of the baking dish, add layer of the egg roll wrappers and then spoon a layer of ricotta cheese. (thedailymeal.com)
- After boiling and cracking them just slip a spoon between the shell and egg, run it around the egg. (backwoodshome.com)
- Spoon sauce over eggs and crumble bacon on top. (sunset.com)
- Divide tomato reserved sauce over the top of the nuggets and finish with the reserved mozzarella cheese and parmesan. (tyson.com)
- In this classic Indian dish, adapted from the cookbook author Julie Sahni, hard-cooked eggs are swathed in a spicy tomato gravy fragrant with cardamom, cumin and cinnamon. (nytimes.com)
- Cloud eggs-basically a nest of baked egg whites cradling the yolk-became an Instagram thing for good reason: the dish is fun to make and delicious to eat. (finecooking.com)
- Despite being such a slowly cooked dish, the fragrant cherry tomatoes give the sauce a surprisingly bright, fresh flavor and glow. (blogspot.com)
- These Spanish-style meatballs have a wonderful complex flavor and are perfect to enjoy as an appetizer - or to serve as a delicious main dish for dinner with some crusty bread for sopping up the savory tomato sauce - you won't want to miss a drop. (copykat.com)
- Place a thin layer of eggplant in a large glass baking dish and then put a layer of the meat sauce. (leftoverqueen.com)
- This dish was inspired by Michael Smith, a Canadian chef, who made a roasted tomato sauce to accompany his version of these pillowy, tender morsels. (blogspot.com)
- Spread the tomato sauce over the base of the dish, then top with the chicken. (bbc.co.uk)
- This dish is ideal for a light supper or breakfast instead of scrambled egg. (news24.com)
- Pour a little tomato sauce into the baking dish. (kroger.com)
- Paired with oven-roasted tomato, this mouth-watering dish is worthy of any Provençal dish. (cordonbleu.edu)
- In small bowl, with mixer on high speed, beat egg whites just until stiff peaks form when beaters are lifted. (delish.com)
- Cover and cook until the egg whites are set, 10 to 15 minutes (depends on the amount of heat in the pan). (naturallyella.com)
- To make the meringues, place the egg whites in a large bowl and, using an electric hand whisk on a low speed, begin whisking. (deliaonline.com)
- Now turn the speed to high and continue whisking until the egg whites reach the stiff-peak stage. (deliaonline.com)
- Allow to bubble fiercely until the volume of liquid has reduced by half, then add the oregano and tomatoes. (bbc.co.uk)
- Once spinach has wilted and tomatoes have thickened slightly, carefully crack 4 eggs on top of the tomato mixture. (naturallyella.com)
- Completely off the path, I've been known to toss 1/2 cup or so of cooked grains into the tomato mixture. (naturallyella.com)
- Scrape the mixture out into a large mixing bowl and add the egg. (bostonorganics.com)
- What I found with further testing, was that it was best to lightly dust the fish in seasoned flour first, then dip it in egg before finally dredging it in the Parmesan panko mixture and frying it. (lifesambrosia.com)
- dip in egg mixture, then coat with breadcrumbs. (foodservicedirector.com)
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetable mixture with the ground turkey, tomato sauce, egg substitute, and breadcrumbs. (kidshealth.org)
- Add eggs and pulse, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula, until the mixture is smooth and tacky. (nytimes.com)
- Leave a section without vegetables if you're omitting them for the kids, or use the puréed vegetable-tomato sauce mixture in place of the plain tomato sauce in a designated section of the pan. (parenting.com)
- Spread any remaining sauce or ricotta mixture on top, and distribute fresh tomato slices and olives on top of that, omitting on the kids' portion, if so desired. (parenting.com)
- Beat the eggs and salt together and pour over the fish mixture. (news24.com)
- Step 2 Combine mushroom mixture, beef, breadcrumbs and egg in a large bowl. (sydneymarkets.com.au)
- Dip the turkey in the flour, then in the egg, and finally in the crumb mixture. (kroger.com)
- Spread a thin layer of sauce over the bottom of a greased 13x9x2 inch lasagna pan. (parenting.com)
- To serve, arrange turkey on platter, top with sauce and if desired, and garnish with Parmesan cheese. (calorieking.com)
- Season with salt and pepper, reduce the heat to low and keep the sauce warm. (williams-sonoma.com)
- Pancakes transcend breakfast when they're made with savory ricotta cheese and topped with an Italian tomato and Swiss chard sauce. (delish.com)
- For breakfast, they're delicious stuffed with scrambled or fried eggs, and you can also fill them with cheeses or ham and cheese, shredded chicken, or anything you like. (quericavida.com)
- Chop up some ham and cheese and add them to the eggs before cooking. (quericavida.com)
- That looks excellent, curry + eggs, 1st of all I love fried eggs so many other ways I'm surprised I didn't try something like this in the past, 2nd the suggestion about a fried Paneer cheese definitely sounds great! (naturallyella.com)
- The crowd-pleasing Enchilada Egg Bake is made with beef franks and cheese-really. (kraftrecipes.com)
- top with remaining sauce and shredded cheese. (kraftrecipes.com)
- Dredge the cakes first in the seasoned flour, tapping off any excess, then in the egg wash, letting the excess drip off. (emerils.com)
- Season the flour and place on one plate, put the beaten eggs on another and mix the breadcrumbs, Parmesan and herbs on a third plate. (bbc.co.uk)
- Dip each chicken piece in the flour, then dust off any excess and drop into the egg. (bbc.co.uk)
- An egg fried in the center of a piece of bread-a simple preparation that elevates the union of my two favorite breakfast food groups, eggs and toast, to a whole new level. (seriouseats.com)
- What do you call an egg fried in a hole of a slice of bread? (seriouseats.com)
- Serve it up, piping hot, straight from the pan with plenty of crusty bread to mop up the sauce. (copykat.com)
- Then I served the shredded meat on top of grain free naan bread with slices tomatoes, cucumbers and arugula and then topped the whole thing off with homemade tzatziki. (leftoverqueen.com)
- Eel - smoked eel on dark rye bread, topped with scrambled eggs and sliced radishes or chopped chives. (wikipedia.org)
- And as a bonus, by replacing veal with lean turkey and reducing the amount of bread crumbs, oil, cheeses, and sauce, it simplifies the preparation. (calorieking.com)
- Coddled eggs with spicy tomato sauce and fry bread was excellent! (foursquare.com)
- More exotic spices jostle for space on a wall-mounted rack near the stove, and an enormous bag of cayenne pepper sits in the hallway, en route to a chef. (sfgate.com)
- But are plum tomatoes really the best way to go? (seriouseats.com)
- And does it matter which kind of plum tomato you use? (seriouseats.com)
- I bought four different types of tomato at the farmers market: three different varieties of plum tomato, and then common beefsteaks, which are basically never recommended for sauce due to their juiciness. (seriouseats.com)
- This long, intensely red, plum tomato variety imported from Italy can be found in any good Italian market, and most of the larger high-end grocery chains. (blogspot.com)
- Fennel bulb roasted with spicy tomato sauce. (tastespotting.com)
- Hard-boil the eggs: Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then carefully lower eggs into water. (nytimes.com)
- Add the browned meatballs to the simmering tomato sauce, cover and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cook uncovered until the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce is nicely thickened and reduced (about 30-45 minutes). (bostonorganics.com)
- Add tomato sauce and cherry tomatoes and bring to the boil. (sydneymarkets.com.au)
- Then add the arugula and the tomatoes. (leftoverqueen.com)
- Preheat oven to 100 °C. Peel and seed the tomatoes and cut into petals. (cordonbleu.edu)
- Look for a more mild curry powder to help balance the flavor of the tomatoes. (naturallyella.com)
- The butter swirled into the sauce may seem like an unusual addition, but it adds richness and flavor, and softens the tomatoes' acidity. (finecooking.com)
- cooked tomato flavor. (wegmans.com)
- First, the sauce should taste like it was made from fresh tomatoes, which means it should have the bright, fruity aroma and flavor of uncooked (or barely cooked) fruit. (seriouseats.com)
- The trouble is that retaining the tomatoes' fresh flavor means minimal cooking, while getting rid of the excess water content and caramelizing the sugars means extended cooking. (seriouseats.com)
- Some discard the watery seed jelly and cook only the tomato pulp, which I refuse to do because the seed jelly has way too much flavor to waste. (seriouseats.com)
- Those guys yield more sauce per pound of fruit and require a shorter cooking time to get rid of the liquid, which helps retain some of that fresh tomato flavor. (seriouseats.com)
- The spicy kick and multiple herbs in this sauce lend layers of flavor without fat. (cookingchanneltv.com)
- Give customers a reason to smile with risotto balls stuffed with fresh mozzarella and flavor-packed Arborio risotto rice then topped with Florida Citrus Tomato Sauce. (foodservicedirector.com)
Meatballs with Tomato Sauce1
- A great make-ahead meal: Meatballs with Tomato Sauce. (tastespotting.com)
- Put tomato sauce on the bottom to keep the chicken nice and juicy. (bbc.co.uk)
- I literally stopped in my tracks as the smell of fresh tomatoes filled my lungs. (blogher.com)
- With a little intelligent effort fresh tomatoes can be produced in this locality almost the year round. (tamu.edu)
- The first rule of making tomato sauce from fresh tomatoes is to do it in the peak of summer, when tomatoes are not only at their absolute best but also at their absolute cheapest. (seriouseats.com)
- But there's still the question of which fresh tomatoes to use when they're at their peak. (seriouseats.com)
- Remove cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes longer or until chard is tender and sauce is thickened slightly, stirring occasionally. (delish.com)
- Pour the eggs into the pan and cook, stirring until they're cooked to your liking. (quericavida.com)
- I probably did cook the eggs a little too long but I'll know for next time and it was still lovely. (naturallyella.com)
- Cook, stirring frequently, until sauce is thick and fat begins to separate, about 10 minutes. (nytimes.com)
- The brisket does take a long time to cook, but all that connective tissue adds a certain body that I love in a meat sauce. (blogspot.com)
- Add tomatoes and cook for approximately one minute. (bigoven.com)
- Add the meatballs to the sauce, cover, and cook additional 10 minutes, or until sauce has slightly thickened and meatballs have absorbed some of the sauce. (cookingchanneltv.com)
- Add cherry tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes. (lifesambrosia.com)
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes or until raw tomato taste is gone. (nytimes.com)
Rich Tomato Sauce3
- Add the tomatoes and sauté, stirring occasionally, until they begin to blister and brown, 3 to 5 minutes. (williams-sonoma.com)
- Others settle for a minimally cooked sauce that heats for just about 25 to 30 minutes, but I find this to be a compromise that fails to deliver the deep, sweet flavors we want. (seriouseats.com)
- Capitalize on the juicy-sweet perfection of peaches by taking them in their freshest from, with a Tomato Peach Salad with Ricotta that's made for peak summer eating. (foodnetwork.com)
- Italian salad", so named because the colours match the Italian flag), remoulade or other thick sauces often top the layered open sandwich, which is usually eaten with utensils. (wikipedia.org)
- I suppose that beef stock would be too rich and overwhelming for the flavour profile of the blended and unsauted cherry tomato mix? (blogspot.com)