Motion Pictures as Topic
A macrolide compound obtained from Streptomyces hygroscopicus that acts by selectively blocking the transcriptional activation of cytokines thereby inhibiting cytokine production. It is bioactive only when bound to IMMUNOPHILINS. Sirolimus is a potent immunosuppressant and possesses both antifungal and antineoplastic properties.
An approach to health care financing with only one source of money for paying health care providers. The scope may be national (the Canadian System), state-wide, or community-based. The payer may be a governmental unit or other entity such as an insurance company. The proposed advantages include administrative simplicity for patients and providers, and resulting significant savings in overhead costs. (From Slee and Slee, Health Care Reform Terms, 1993, p106)
Health Care Reform
Innovation and improvement of the health care system by reappraisal, amendment of services, and removal of faults and abuses in providing and distributing health services to patients. It includes a re-alignment of health services and health insurance to maximum demographic elements (the unemployed, indigent, uninsured, elderly, inner cities, rural areas) with reference to coverage, hospitalization, pricing and cost containment, insurers' and employers' costs, pre-existing medical conditions, prescribed drugs, equipment, and services.
Health insurance coverage for all persons in a state or country, rather than for some subset of the population. It may extend to the unemployed as well as to the employed; to aliens as well as to citizens; for pre-existing conditions as well as for current illnesses; for mental as well as for physical conditions.
Health Insurance Exchanges
Health Benefit Plans, Employee
Driscoll indicated that he intended to devote more of his efforts to Mars Hill Church, more time to his family, and less time ... Driscoll distinguishes between double and single predestination, and says that unlike John Calvin, he believes only in single ... According to the Seattle Times, "preaching and communicating lies at the heart of Driscoll's draw." In another Seattle Times ... during that time. Michael Paulson, writing for The New York Times, wrote that while Driscoll has endured criticism from the ...
Ode to Boy
When "Ode to Boy" was released as a single, this remix was selected and the "II" was dropped from its title. For the single, ... "Review: Alison Moyet Special Editions". Gay Times. 2016-11-15. Retrieved 2017-04-18. AllMusic Review by William Ruhlmann (1994- ... "Ode To Boy , Music Review , Single". Hot Press. Retrieved 2017-04-18. "Singles review". Lennox Herald. 28 October 1994. "Alison ... 40 Cassette Single "Ode to Boy" - 2:55 "Life in a Hole" - 3:45 CD Single "Ode to Boy" - 2:55 "Life in a Hole" - 3:45 " ...
Daisy (Pentagon song)
For the first time in my life, I felt that water was scary. It was so hard, but it was so much fun. But the 5 hour filming ... CUBE_PTG_JAPAN (October 22, 2020). "#PENTAGON Digital Single [Daisy]". Twitter. Jeon Hyo-jin (October 29, 2020). 펜타곤, '데이지' 일본어 ... The song also charted third on Japanese Daily Chart, 2nd on the real-time chart, and 1st on the K-pop chart on Line Music. The ... The bread is available for a limited time at Cube's bakery, Cubaker in Seongdong-gu, Seoul. The group promoted the song with a ...
The song "High" was released as the first single. "High" was released on 14 February 2017 as the album's lead single. The ... Hodgkinson, Will (14 April 2017). "Pop: Little Dragon: Season High". The Times. Retrieved 23 September 2018. CS1 maint: ... Denzel Curry & Twelve'len) [Michael Uzowuru & Jeff Kleinman Remix] - Single". "NZ Heatseeker Albums Chart". Recorded Music NZ. ... accompanying music video debuted on YouTube a day prior the single release. A music video for the song "Sweet" was released on ...
During this time, Apte became involved in theater in Pune and decided to go to Mumbai to join films. However, a few months ... About her character she said, "I play Sananda, an IT engineer, who is a single mother of a three-year-old child. Sananda had a ... During this time, Apte acted in her first film, a Marathi film called "Gho mala asala hawa" (2009). This was followed by her ... Apte recounted these times in an interview with Scoop Whoop in 2018, as a learning yet demoralizing experience, wherein she ...
Caroline (Kirsty MacColl song)
49 CD single (UK release) "Caroline" - 2:56 "El Paso" - 3:49 "My Affair" (Ladbroke Groove Mix) - 6:08 CD single (UK release) " ... Track has a toe-tapping acoustic tone that frames her vocal to maximum effect." Roch Parisien of the Times Colonist considered ... "Caroline" is a song by British singer and songwriter Kirsty MacColl, released in 1995 as a single from her compilation album ... Boehm, Mike (10 March 1995). "Kirsty MacColl on her own terms". Los Angeles Times. Davitt, Patrick (13 March 1995). "Collection ...
"Mohini Dey: I don't have any friends - Times of India". The Times of India. "The girl with the guitar". The Hindu. 12 April ... "STEVE VAI Guests On Bassist MOHINI DEY's Solo Debut; "Can You Feel Me?" Single Streaming". bravewords.com. Gomes, Michael. " ... "Mohini Dey on her upcoming Dubai concert". Khaleej Times. "Rahman and I read each other's mind: Bass phenomenon Mohini Dey". ...
On March 3, 2017, she released the single "Wait" and on March 28, she appeared on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon in the ... Music Times. Retrieved December 9, 2015. Chung, Chung (October 19, 2015). "Amy Vachal Reflects on 'Trying to Make Ends Meet' to ... "Wait - Single". iTunes - Apple. Retrieved August 28, 2017. Cantor, Brian. "Battle of the Instant Songwriters Airs On Jimmy ... She also released a single in 2013, "Catapult". After she was awarded positions in artist-in-residency programs at The Motley ...
Lopez's return to prominence the following year with her single "On the Floor"-among the best-selling singles of all time, and ... Time listed her among the 100 most influential people in the world in 2018. Her most successful singles on the US Billboard Hot ... It produced two more singles: "I'm Gonna Be Alright" and "Alive", a ballad co-written by her husband at the time, Cris Judd. In ... It was dedicated to actor Ben Affleck, her fiancé at the time. The album's lead single "Jenny from the Block", was later ...
Jackie Thomas (album)
The album's lead single "It's Worth It" preceded the album's release. The album was recorded days after Thomas became the ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Jackie Thomas crowned X Factor winner". The Southland Times. Retrieved 9 August 2013. ... Following Thomas' win on the first series of The X Factor (New Zealand) on 22 July 2013, her winner's single "It's Worth It" ... It features her highly praised audition song "Skinny Love". The lead single "It's Worth It" is the album's one original song. ...
New (No Doubt song)
20 German single "New" (Single Version) - 4:15 New & Approved Remix - 5:40 German maxi single "New" (Single Version) - 4:15 New ... Tannen, Mary (May 30, 1999). "Style; The Painted Bird". New York Times. The New York Times Company. Retrieved February 19, 2008 ... The single reached number thirty on the UK Singles Chart, becoming the band's fourth top-40 British single. In the song's music ... Originally the song was intended to be a non-album single, but because of the success of the single in the Modern Rock Tracks, ...
Only the Ones We Love
"Single Reviews". Billboard. 6 April 1991. Popkin, Helen A.S. (5 April 1991). "Once more with feeling". Tampa Bay Times. " ... single "Only the Ones We Love" - 2:47 "Me in Mind" - 3:23 "Mud in Any Water" - 3:44 CD single "Only the Ones We Love" - 2:47 " ... I used to have this desire to be by myself all the time. You need to be reflected in the people you care for and who love you. ... "Only The Ones We Love" is a song by British singer-songwriter Tanita Tikaram, released in 1991 as the lead single from her ...
... and 2000 which took a single animal group like The Frog or The Bat and focused on their relationship with people through time, ... Single won an Emmy for outstanding cinematography for The Crystal Ocean and Quinn completed his trilogy, Ice Worlds, cementing ... "Mike Single". NZcrews.tv. Retrieved 1 October 2012. "The Crystal Ocean". Off the fence. Retrieved 1 October 2012. "NHNZ scoops ... This was the first time NHNZ had worked with an international 'star'. In 1997 it was sold, and became a subsidiary of Fox ...
"Big Girl-Single". iTunes. "I'm In Love - Single". iTunes. ALEXIS MATEO on Hey Qween! with Jonny McGovern. YouTube. March 25, ... Lessner, Justin (October 7, 2020). "These Latinx 'Drag Race' Queens Are Reuniting For 'Dragueando' And It's About Time". We Are ... "RuPaul's Drag Race season 10: Everything you need to know... henny". Gay Times. February 27, 2018. Retrieved March 4, 2018. " ...
Gwen Stefani discography
The third single "Hollaback Girl" became Stefani's first US and second Australian number-one single; it was less successful ... "Gwen Stefani, Pharrell Collaboration "Shine" from 'Paddington' Leaks Online Ahead of U.S. Premiere [LISTEN]". Music Times. ... "Official Singles Downloads Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. Retrieved January 30, 2021. "Singles: Top 50 (For The Week ... "New Zealand single certifications". Recorded Music NZ. July 4, 2005. Retrieved February 27, 2017. "New Zealand single ...
Personally (P-Square song)
Digital single "Personally by P Square". iTunes. Retrieved 23 August 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "P-Square ' ... Premium Times. Retrieved 1 June 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Marshall, Rhodé (5 September 2014). "Channel O ... It was released as the second single from their sixth studio album, Double Trouble (2014). The music video for the song was ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Lescharts.com - P-Square - Personally" (in French). Les classement single.. ...
It was the second-to-last single by Adam and the Ants. Later in 1982, another of Adam and the Ants' former labels, Do It ... Roger Ebert (10 February 1975). "The Night Porter". Chicago Sun-Times. "Original Adam & The Ants - Deutscher Girls". Discogs. ... "Deutscher Girls (single)". Careers BMG. "Deutscher Girls". Songfacts.com. Plastic Surgery by Adam and the Ants on YouTube. ... Lyrics were changed from the original Jubilee version when it was released as a single three years later. The line "So, why did ...
Sreebala K. Menon
Since she was single woman, visitors to her flat were asked to jot down their names in a book, which she considered to be a ... Hindustan Times. Retrieved 4 April 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) staff (29 April 2004). "Woman complaints ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) staff (28 June 2004). "Single and OUT!". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 30 ...
... then embarked on a twenty-two date tour in May/June 2013 across the UK; this was in support of single "Something ... It was around this time the band signed a deal with BMG Chrysalis. Shortly after, in late February, the band ventured off into ... "Something Real" single". 4 Music. Retrieved 15 April 2013. "Zane Lowe's Next Hype". BBC. Retrieved 30 May 2013. "5 Seconds of ... This tour was in aid of promoting single "Help Yourself" which was premiered on BBC Radio 1 on 9 February and released 24 March ...
According to Rahman, as the film is set in different time zones, the music composed works around these time. According to ... The album for the Hindi version was unveiled on 26 November 2014; prior to its release, five days before, a single track "India ... International Business Times India. Retrieved 23 November 2014. "T-wood personalities grace Lingaa Telugu audio". The Times of ... Time and visuals might give a different perspective." Saisuresh Sivaswami of Rediff claimed, "It is sacrilege to criticise A. R ...
System of Survival
Los Angeles Times. "Single Reviews". americanradiohistory.com. Vol. 51 no. 15. Cashbox. October 17, 1987. p. 8. Hoeburger, Roe ... 9 on the New Zealand Pop Singles chart, No. 14 on the Dutch Pop Singles chart and No. 25 on the Belgian Pop Singles chart. " ... The single reached number one on both the Billboard Hot Dance Music/Club Play chart and Billboard Hot R&B Singles chart. " ... "System of Survival is a blissfully erudite single." Connie Johnson of the Los Angeles Times declared that the tune is "packed ...
Theme from Harry's Game
It was released as a single in October 1982 and became a surprise hit, reaching number 5 in the UK Singles Chart the following ... The original has also been sampled various times by artists such as Kaleef and Elate. Moya Brennan recorded a solo version at ... and it was also re-released as a single. There were two versions of the CD single, a two-track and a four-track version, both ... 7" single, cassette, 5" compact disc "Theme from Harry's Game" "Robin (The Hooded Man)" 5" compact disc "Theme from Harry's ...
Take a Bow (Madonna song)
Chola, Enio (February 8, 2012). "The Top 15 Madonna Singles of All Time". PopMatters. Retrieved March 1, 2016. Cinquemani, Sal ... "Greatest of All Time Hot 100 Songs". Billboard. Retrieved August 13, 2018. "Greatest of All Time Hot 100 Songs by Women". ... The song peaked at number two on the Italian Singles Chart; number eight on the Swiss Singles Chart; and number nine on the New ... "Top RPM Singles: Issue 7983". RPM. Library and Archives Canada. Retrieved April 12, 2016. "Top RPM Singles: Issue 7748." RPM. ...
Jason Walker (musician)
"Stars - single". Apple Music. September 2016. Retrieved 5 May 2020. Lee, Stewart (12 May 2002). "On record - Music - Pop". The ... As a writer Walker has published two biographies, Gram Parsons: God's Own Singer (2002) and Billy Thorpe's Time on Earth (2009 ... His second biography was of Billy Thorpe: Billy Thorpe's Time on Earth and released in 2009. Walker's third studio album, ... Walker's fourth studio album, All-Night Ghost Town, was release on 5 August 2016 and included the single "Stars". Walker, Jason ...
"Pretty Hurts" is set in the time signature of common time, with a slow tempo of 65 beats per minute. It is composed in the key ... "Official R&B Singles Chart Top 40". Official Charts Company. Retrieved July 21, 2014. "GFK Chart-Track". Irish Singles Chart. ... "2013-12-28 Top 40 R&B Singles Archive". Official Charts Company. Retrieved December 30, 2013. "Official Singles Chart Top 100 ... At the time, it served as an audio accompaniment for the campaign's films. On June 3, Dutch disc jockey R3hab released an ...
Leon Sylvers III
The first single, "The Second Time Around", was a hit record number one on both the US R&B charts and number eight on the US ... During this time they appeared on variety shows such as Make Room for Daddy, You Bet Your Life, and The Spike Jones Show. They ... Around the same time, Leon produced his old family group (The Sylvers), who had signed with SOLAR. Neither The Second Adventure ... The Los Angeles Times would later call him, "the creative genius behind the SOLAR sound." Sylvers started his major production ...
Rock the Boat (Aaliyah song)
Instead the label felt that songs produced by Timbaland should be released singles because "that was her sound at the time", ... At the 2002 Billboard-AURN R&B/Hip-Hop Awards the song was nominated for Top R&B/Hip-Hop Single and Top R&B/Hip-Hop Single - ... "Official R&B Singles Chart Top 40". Official Charts Company. "Official Scottish Singles Sales Chart Top 100". Official Charts ... "Dutchcharts.nl - Aaliyah - Rock the Boat" (in Dutch). Single Top 100. Retrieved November 26, 2017. "Official Scottish Singles ...
Who Is It (Michael Jackson song)
It was released by Epic Records on August 31, 1992 in the UK, and March 29, 1993 in the US, as the fifth single from Jackson's ... "Who Is It" re-entered the Switzerland music charts for the first time in over 17 years, hitting number 49 on July 12, 2009. ... It was released as the fifth single from Dangerous on August 31, 1992 in the UK, and March 29, 1993 in the US, by Jackson's ... "Top RPM Singles: Issue 1713." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. Retrieved October 23, 2014. "Top RPM Dance/Urban: Issue 0983." ...
Boomerang (Nicole Scherzinger song)
A review from The Irish Times compared the song to "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)", a 2012 single by Kelly Clarkson, calling ... CD Single. [Media Notes]. (Interscope Records) "Nicole Scherzinger: 'Boomerang' - Single review - Music Singles Review". ... debuted on the Irish Singles Chart at number nine, becoming Scherzinger's seventh top-10 single in Ireland. On March 16, 2013, ... At the time, Scherzinger was also serving as a judge on the ninth UK series of The X Factor, and brought contestants James ...
... becoming her lowest-charting single in the UK at that time. The British Phonographic Industry (BPI) certified it silver, for ... "LoveGame (The Remixes) - Single by Lady GaGa - Download LoveGame (The Remixes) - Single on iTunes". iTunes Store. May 12, 2009 ... "LoveGame" was released as the album's third single in North America and Europe and the fourth single in Australia, New Zealand ... "Official Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. Retrieved June 1, 2018. "British single certifications - Lady Gaga - ...
Single-neuron modeling. Main article: Biological neuron models. Even single neurons have complex biophysical ... One of the major problems in neurophysiological memory is how it is maintained and changed through multiple time scales. ... Experimental data comes primarily from single-unit recording in primates. The frontal lobe and parietal lobe function as ... Koch, Christof (1999). Biophysics of computation: information processing in single neurons. Oxford [Oxfordshire]: Oxford ...
Only one site at a time can be trained using current technology, whereas EEG can be applied on anywhere from 1 to as many as 19 ... Single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) assessments may also be conducted pre and post treatment, depending on the ... Around the same time Hershel Toomim was founding Toomim Biofeedback Laboratories and Biocomp Research Institute on the basis of ... and begin 2-3 times weekly in frequency. Depending on the patient, training may last from a couple of months to a couple of ...
Michael Landon, den frie encyklopædi
"Los Angeles Times. Hentet 2009-02-11. The actor who starred in "Bonanza" and "Little House on the Prairie", two of television's ... I 1962, udgav Landon en Bonanza-relateret single, "Gimme A Little Kiss/Be Patient With Me", fra Columbia Records. ... "New York Times. 2. juli 1991. Hentet 2009-02-11. Michael Landon, who won fame as Little Joe Cartwright in the television series ... Men det er få prime-time-stjerner der har opnået så meget succes som Landon. Med hele 28 aktive år som skuespiller, overhaler ...
Lady Margaret Beaufort
... "single unmarried person might or may do at any time", despite still being married. ... Bristol: Bristol Times and Mirror Ltd. pp. 6-10.. *^ National Archives. SD Margaret Beaufort Middle School, Riseley. Accessed ... When the time came for Henry to press his claim, he relied heavily on his mother to raise support for him in England. ... For a time the Staffords were able to visit Margaret's son, who had been entrusted to Jasper Tudor's care at Pembroke Castle in ...
人類基因組 - 维基百科，自由的百科全
大多數對於人類遺傳變異的研究集中在單一核苷酸多型性（single nucleotide polymorphisms；SNPs），也就是DNA中的個別鹼基變換。科學家分析估計，在人類的真染色質（富含基因的染色質）中，平均每100到1000個鹼基會出現1個 ... Nei M, Xu P, Glazko G. Estimation of divergence
Timing of surgeryEdit. The prevention of post-surgical complications, including those mentioned above, plays an important role ... If only one of the four sutures is prematurely closed (single suture craniosynostosis), the craniosynostosis is referred to as ... This time, the skull deformity can only partly be predicted using Virchow's law. Growth is arrested in the plane perpendicular ... The general consensus is to perform surgery in late infancy, i.e. between six and twelve months. Within this time frame the ...
A]ll the peoples of the earth", they point out, "are a single family and have a common origin." We all have just so many teeth ... Stanley suffered an injury that made him want to spend more time away from the city, and Benedict was not happy when the couple ... The summer after her first year teaching at the Orton School she returned home to the Shattucks' farm to spend some time in ... Margaret Mead and Ruth Benedict are considered to be the two most influential and famous anthropologists of their time.[ ...
... s can only produce a single kind of antibody in a single class of immunoglobulin. In other words, every B cell is ... meaning that the T cell is present at the time of initial contact by the B cell with the antigen) produces short-lived cells ... specific to a single antigen, but each cell can produce several thousand matching antibodies per second. This prolific ...
In 1916, the Humble Oil and Refining Company, founded by one-time Texas governor Ross S. Sterling and his associates, in ... Bobby Fuller, rock musician best known for his single "I Fought the Law"; born in Baytown ...
Reunion (genealogy software)
Reunion 7 was announced in May 2000 and among the changes seen at this time was the integration of SuperChart into a single ... Reunion application and the ability to have multiple family files open at one time. ...
The Drinkard Singers
The Drinkards owned a substantial amount of farmland during a time when it was unusual for blacks to own large portions of land ... Performing regularly in Newark, they recorded several singles. After an appearance at the 1957 Newport Jazz Festival, they ... The asset was gradually depleted as small portions of the land were sold, over time, to resolve the continued legal troubles of ...
Holy Roman Empire
Lauryssens, Stan (1999). The Man Who Invented the Third Reich: The Life and Times of Arthur Moeller van den Bruck. Stroud: ... No single/fixed capital. Vienna (Aulic Council (Reichshofrat) from 1497). Regensburg (Reichstag (Imperial Diet) from 1594, ... Taylor, Bayard; Hansen-Taylor, Marie (1894). A history of Germany from the earliest times to the present day. New York: D. ... During this time, the concept of "reform" emerged, in the original sense of the Latin verb re-formare - to regain an earlier ...
Maybe he just has a lot of time of his hands? I guess there are only so many vegetables you can make a sandwich out of. ... I'm not sure if you guys are all aware of what's been happening at the cricket project, where a few single game first class ... added a link pointing to The Times-News. It's OK to remove this message. Also, to stop receiving these messages, follow these ... If it's to one of the articles, last time I checked they didn't seem to have been all transferred over, so I'd think that an ...
Type 2 diabetes
There are a number of rare cases of diabetes that arise due to an abnormality in a single gene (known as monogenic forms of ... Type 1 and type 2 diabetes were identified as separate conditions for the first time by the Indian physicians Sushruta and ... The World Health Organization definition of diabetes (both type 1 and type 2) is for a single raised glucose reading with ... two to four times the risk of cardiovascular disease, including ischemic heart disease and stroke; a 20-fold increase in lower ...
Excluding full-time students working part-time, Swedish union density was 68% in 2019. In all the Nordic countries with a ... and is the umbrella association of several single trade unions for special economic sectors. The DBG is not the only Union ... By this time, the existence and the demands of the trade unions were becoming accepted by liberal middle class opinion. In ... A union shop (US) or a "post-entry closed shop" (UK) employs non-union workers as well, but sets a time limit within which new ...
Liquefied natural gas
van der Linde, Peter; Hintze, Naomi A. (1978). Time Bomb: LNG: The truth about our newest and most dangerous energy source. ... AP-SMR (Single Mixed Refrigerant) - designed by Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. (APCI) ... The New York Times. Archived from the original on June 11, 2013. Retrieved May 18, 2013.. ... At the same time, Pacific Basin supplies dominated world LNG trade. The worldwide interest in using natural gas-fired ...
Error correction code
"EE Times-Asia. Apparently based on "Micron Technical Note TN-29-08: Hamming Codes for NAND Flash Memory Devices". 2005. Both ... Single pass decoding with this family of error correction codes can yield very low error rates, but for long range transmission ... Hamming ECC is commonly used to correct NAND flash memory errors. This provides single-bit error correction and 2-bit error ... A simplistic example of ECC is to transmit each data bit 3 times, which is known as a (3,1) repetition code. Through a noisy ...
... while others that concentrate time and effort on specific food items or have a single strategy to obtain food are considered ... "Times of India. Retrieved 25 May 2017.. *^ Half of plate to be filled with vegetables, according to Harvard School of Public ... As time passes between meals, the body starts to take nutrients from long-term reservoirs. When the glucose levels of cells ... when lacking time to prepare food, or as a social occasion (dining club). At their highest level of sophistication, these ...
The Dream Academy
Their first single, "Life in a Northern Town" was a worldwide success and sizeable hit in the U.S., charting at No. 7 on the ... Their idea was to create a songscape different from the power pop groups popular at the time in the UK, by mixing instruments ... Reportedly, their record label initially did not want to release this single. They thought it needed more ... Laird-Clowes ultimately decided that he would not go further under the Dream Academy name, and took some time off to travel to ...
... food webs over time). A food web diagram illustrating species composition shows how change in a single species can directly and ... In a pyramid of numbers, the number of consumers at each level decreases significantly, so that a single top consumer, (e.g., a ... Pyramid structure can vary across ecosystems and across time. In some instances biomass pyramids can be inverted. This pattern ... Omnivores, for example, are not restricted to any single level. Nonetheless, recent research has found that discrete trophic ...
Merck did not have enough time to prepare enough drugs to distribute for all those who were infected. 650,000 to 900,000 people ... Because of its limited supply, Merck decided to adopt a single distributor system in which they would send indinavir to only ... it is important for users to consistently take the exact amount of the drug at the allocated times. This fear of viral ... Because the company used a single distributor system to sell their drugs, the retail price was marked up 37% by the pharmacy ...
It is time to change this." Conflicts of interest. Some commentators have said that special consideration must be given to ... with the entire group collectively marketed and promoted under the single expression "alternative medicine". ... "At the same time, people are gullible. It needs gullibility for the industry to succeed. It doesn't make me popular with the ... Parsippany, New Jersey: Time Home Entertainment. ISBN 9781933405926. .. *. Stevens, P., Jr. (November-December 2001). "Magical ...
Approximately 100 species of apes lived during this time, ranging throughout Africa, Asia and Europe and varying widely in size ... The Miocene boundaries are not marked by a single distinct global event but consist rather of regionally-defined boundaries ... The Greenland ice cap developed later, in the Middle Pliocene time, about 3 million years ago. ... "Evolution of Asian monsoons and phased uplift of the Himalaya-Tibetan plateau since Late Miocene times". Nature. 411 (6833): 62 ...
Tit for tat
A one-time, single-bit error in either player's interpretation of events can lead to an unending "death spiral": if one agent ... Grim trigger on the other hand is the most unforgiving strategy, in the sense even a single defect would the make the player ... Research has indicated that when individuals who have been in competition for a period of time no longer trust one another, the ... Conversely, if no one was killed for a time, the other side would acknowledge this implied "truce" and act accordingly. This ...
Quantitative trait locus
Moreover, a single phenotypic trait is usually determined by many genes. Consequently, many QTLs are associated with a single ... In interval mapping, each locus is considered one at a time and the logarithm of the odds ratio (LOD score) is calculated for ... The method makes use of a genetic map of the typed markers, and, like analysis of variance, assumes the presence of a single ... For instance in the "interval mapping" method the likelihood for a single putative QTL is assessed at each location on the ...
Composition includes the chemical and mineralogic make-up of the single or varied fragments and the cementing material (matrix ... In the field, it may at times be difficult to distinguish between a debris flow sedimentary breccia and a colluvial breccia, ... Cementation can occur simultaneously with deposition or at another time. Furthermore, once a sediment is deposited, it becomes ...
Highway 1 (Australia)
Since that time, all states and territories except for Western Australia have adopted (or are in the process of adopting) ... to single lane roads, such as in northern Queensland. ...
Cao, W., Demeler B. Modeling Analytical Ultracentrifugation Experiments with an Adaptive Space-Time Finite Element Solution for ... and the presence of a spreading boundary suggested that it was a single compact particle. Further application of ... This is ideal in industrial and lab settings because particles that would naturally separate over a long period of time can be ... One protein being investigated at the time was hemoglobin. It was determined to have 712 carbon, 1,130 hydrogen, 243 oxygen, ...
Cross country running shoe
When wearing new shoes for the first time, it is crucial to make sure they are "broken in" by wearing them in undemanding ... While the impacts of differences among types of footwear may be minimal on a single run, the cumulative effect on performance ... Learn To Get The Right Running Shoe Fit From Runner's World.com , Runner's World & Running Times Mike Biscoe (2010-08-19). " ... uncushioned shoes can potentially cause repetitive stress injuries if used over a long period of time. For speed workouts, ...
Later, this method was reduced to a single direct seeding of clover, barley and rice over the standing heads of rice. The ... Fukuoka avoided the creation of terraces in his farm, even though terraces were common in China and Japan in his time. Instead ...
Single parent must safeguard finances - Washington Times
Q Im a 41-year-old single mom with a 12-year-old daughter. Thankfully, her dad ,B,has a great job, is saving for her college ... By - The Washington Times - Tuesday, October 25, 2005 Q Im a 41-year-old single mom with a 12-year-old daughter. Thankfully, ... The Washington Times Comment Policy. The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM ... All site contents © Copyright 2018 The Washington Times, LLC,3600 New York Avenue NE , Washington, DC 20002 ,202-636-3000. ...
1995 Muratti Time Indoor - Singles - Wikipedia
Single-molecule real-time sequencing - Wikipedia
Single-molecule real-time (SMRT) sequencing is a parallelized single molecule DNA sequencing method. Single-molecule real-time ... Inside each ZMW, a single active DNA polymerase with a single molecule of single stranded DNA template is immobilized to the ... Single-molecule real-time sequencing may be applicable for a broad range of genomics research. For de novo genome sequencing, ... 2018). "Single Molecule Real-Time (SMRT) Sequencing Comes of Age: Applications and Utilities for Medical Diagnostics". Nucleic ...
The Danger of a Single Story - The New York Times
Follow The New York Times Opinion section on Facebook and Twitter (@NYTopinion), and sign up for the Opinion Today newsletter. ... The only way forward is to elect people who are capable of holding opposing stories in their heads at the same time, and to ... In 2009 the Nigerian writer Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie gave a fabulous TED talk called "The Danger of a Single Story." It was ... This year the problem is acute because Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders are the giants of Single Storyism. They reduce pretty ...
Quick singles | india | Hindustan Times
Single in the city...and lovin' it | entertainment | Hindustan Times
The Sex and the City star, who has been married thrice, blames her workload for her single status. ... Hollywood actress Kim Cattrall says she doesnt regret being single and childless at the age of 53. ... Single in the city...and lovin it Hollywood actress Kim Cattrall says she doesnt regret being single and childless at the age ... The Sex and the City star, who has been married thrice, blames her workload for her single status. entertainment Updated: Feb ...
Singles Day - The Japan Times
Return to The Japan Times top page JT Digital Archives The Japan Times Alpha Jobs Study in Japan JT for Women JT Bookclub ... Alibabas Singles Day sales hit $23 billion in first nine hours. Chinese retailer Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. said Monday that ... Ongoing trade war threatens American brands sold on Chinas Singles Day. U.S. brands may see a broad boycott at the worlds ... cashed a record 213.5 billion yuan ($30.7 billion) in sales Sunday during its 24-hour online retail frenzy Singles Day, but ...
Beshear reports highest single-day number of virus cases - Washington Times
Andy Beshear reported 147 new coronavirus cases in Kentucky on Tuesday, the largest single-day number since the outbreak began ... All site contents © Copyright 2020 The Washington Times, LLC , 3600 New York Avenue NE , Washington, DC 20002 , 202-636-3000. ... Andy Beshear reported 147 new coronavirus cases in Kentucky on Tuesday, the largest single-day number since the outbreak began ... due to the timing of reporting from some labs. ...
Action Time for Single Payer Healthcare - Care2 News Network
Action Time for Single Payer Healthcare. Action Time for Single Payer Healthcare. Health & Wellness (tags: healthcare, society ... Medicare for All (Single-Payer) Reform Would Be Major Stimulus for Economy 2.6 Million NewFirst-of-Its Kind Study: Medicare for ... Medicare for All (Single-Payer) Reform Would Be Major Stimulus for Economy 2.6 Million NewFirst-of-Its Kind Study: Medicare for ... A former editor of the New England Journal of Medicine, who wrote a book on the pharmaceutical industry and is pro-Single Payer ...
A Biodiversity Study Singles Out the Pinweed - The New York Times
A Biodiversity Study Singles Out the Pinweed. By LYNNE AMES. JULY 19, 1998. ... Soltesz said dates from prehuman times, lives in water and captures and eats microscopic aquatic organisms as they float by. ... You agree to receive occasional updates and special offers for The New York Timess products and services.. ... and every single species -- is an important component of a whole picture. The slender pinweed, for example, is a six-inch-high ...
Could a single vaccine work against all coronaviruses? | The Seattle Times
Could a single vaccine work against all coronaviruses? Feb. 9, 2021 at 4:10 pm Updated Feb. 9, 2021 at 4:11 pm ... The Seattle Times does not append comment threads to stories from wire services such as the Associated Press, The New York ... Its only a matter of time.. Modjarrad is one of many scientists who for years have been calling for a different kind of ... Copyright © 2021 The Seattle Times , Privacy Statement , Notice At Collection , Do Not Sell My Information , Terms of Service ...
Don't Like People / I Got This One - Single de The Damn Times en Apple Music
Turning aside risk, Democrats rally to Bernie Sanders' single-payer health plan - Los Angeles Times
Democrats have suddenly swarmed to support single-payer insurance, setting aside risks involved in any re-do of the healthcare ... But the authors of both have cast them as bridges to a time when a single government plan can gain a majority. ... "What does single payer mean? The only single payer is me," the focus group attendee said. ... She directed The Times 2012 presidential campaign coverage. Decker left The Times in 2018. ...
Single-payer healthcare is popular with Californians - unless it raises their taxes - Los Angeles Times
Single-payer healthcare is popular with Californians - unless it raises their taxes. ... As a first-time candidate there was certainly a lot to learn and I think we did a good job," Huerta said Wednesday. ... The single-payer proposal under consideration in the state Capitol, Senate Bill 562, assumes at least $50 billion in new taxes ... "Here we are, in 2017, going backwards," Brown said in an interview with the Los Angeles Times. "It cannot stand, its not right ...
BGI Adopts Single Molecule, Real-Time Sequencing from Pacific Biosciences
... has purchased its first PacBio RS II instrument and plans to purchase additional units in order to integrate Single Molecule, ... BGI Adopts Single Molecule, Real-Time Sequencing from Pacific Biosciences. Published 7:30 AM ET Mon, 4 May 2015 Globe Newswire ... Based on its novel Single Molecule, Real-Time (SMRT®) technology, Pacific Biosciences products enable: de novo genome assembly ... Data is a real-time snapshot *Data is delayed at least 15 minutes. Global Business and Financial News, Stock Quotes, and Market ...
Advanced Time-Correlated Single Photon Counting Applications | Wolfgang Becker | Springer
This book is an attempt to bridge the gap between the instrumental principles of multi-dimensional time-correlated single ... Advanced Time-Correlated Single Photon Counting Applications. Editors. * Wolfgang Becker Series Title. Springer Series in ... This book is an attempt to bridge the gap between the instrumental principles of multi-dimensional time-correlated single ... Unraveling the Rotary Motors in FoF1-ATP Synthase by Time-Resolved Single-Molecule FRET ...
Quick and easy breakfast ideas for singles - Times of India
No time to prepare upma or idli in the mornings, then try this quick breakfast idea. Take toast, generously spread ricotta ... Also, preparing muffins is not time consuming. 11. Celery sticks: Peanut butter spread on celery sticks makes a great breakfast ... For those who have no time in the morning, here are 15 breakfast ideas, which are healthy, nutritious and filling. 1. Energy ... Quick and easy breakfast ideas for singles. Trina Remedios. A healthy breakfast prevents unhealthy weight gain, but late ...
Single Payer Rises Again - In These Times
Sarah Jaffe is a former staff writer at In These Times and author of Necessary Trouble: Americans in Revolt , which Robin D.G. ... if outcomes are measured as a function of best possible outcome then all single payers fall short.. Every single payer system ... Single payer would be a disaster in some ways and a boon in others. Health care quality would go down. That is a fact when ... The last time I counted, I had seen sixty-five countries on all the continents except Antarctica. How much more of the world do ...
Single-mother pleads guilty for abusing daughter with needles and belt 24Jan18 | Asia Times
Single-mother pleads guilty for abusing daughter with needles and belt 24Jan18. Photo: iStock January 24, 2018 2:27 PM (UTC+8) ... Small cities experience real estate decline (Asia Times staff) 21-11-2018 06:49. Landspace completes B+ round financing (Asia ... Hainan Airlines cedes financial stake in Urumqi Ai (Asia Times staff) 21-11-2018 06:05. Opinion // Xis Mankind First versus ... Is Chinas auto market approaching its ceiling? (Asia Times staff) 20-11-2018 06:38. In Yemen, cities spared from war fall prey ...
Govt for single-use dialysis centres to prevent infections | Hyderabad News - Times of India
... single use dialysis centres, where the equipment will be ... Other Times Group news sites. The Economic TimesMumbai Mirror ... TimesEducation TimesFILMIPOP HindiBrand CapitalEisamayIndiatimesGujarati Economic TimesVijaya KarnatakaMalayalam SamayamTimes ... Ads 2 BookBank Exam AppET Money Finance AppCouponDuniaDineoutMagicbricksTechgigTimes JobsBollywood NewsTimes MobileBuy CarRemit ... IGN IndiaHindi Economic TimesTimes NowI am GujaratPune MirrorTamil SamayamBangalore MirrorMaharashtra TimesTelugu Samayam ...
Time in Eating and Food Preparation among Single Adults
Eating time is differentiated into primary and secondary eating time and further differentiated by location: at home vs. away ... to motivate empirical equations for eating and food preparation time. Empirical analysis is performed using data from the 2006â ... We investigate factors affecting the duration of eating and food preparation among adults in single decision-maker households. ... eating time; food preparation time; American Time Use Survey; JEL classification:. *D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior ...
Controlling Your World With a Single Neuron | TIME.com
RSS TIME Apps TIME for Kids Advertising Reprints and Permissions Site Map Help Customer Service © 2020 TIME USA, LLC. All ... Home U.S. Politics World Business Tech Health TIME Health Entertainment Science Newsfeed Living Sports History The TIME Vault ... Photography Videos The Goods Press Room TIME Guide to Happiness The 100 Most Influential People Guns in America Next Generation ... Clearly, a single neuron cannot do all that recognition work by itself, but it does seem able to set off the more complex ...
Single-machine scheduling with stepwise tardiness costs and release times
The scheduling problem is characterized as a single-machine problem with stepwise tardiness cost objectives. This is a new ... We test the formulations and heuristic algorithms on randomly generated single-machine scheduling problems and real-life data ... Single-machine bi-criterion scheduling with release times and exponentially time-dependent learning effects. Journal of ... Single-machine scheduling with stepwise tardiness costs and release times. Güvenç Şahin 1, and Ravindra K. Ahuja 2, ...
Single mother sparks moral debate - Xinhua | China Digital Times (CDT)
Xinhua reports on the controversy stirred by a blog written by a single, pregnant woman in China: Criticized by some as a ... "Ground Melon Pig", as she calls herself, has decided to become a single mother after breaking up with her boyfriend. Her blog, ... Single mother sparks moral debate - Xinhua. Posted by Sophie Beach , Oct 16, 2006 ... The postings show many people still have hard-held moral beliefs about single parenthood while others are embracing more ...
Single-cell mutagenic responses and cell death revealed in real time | PNAS
Single-cell mutagenic responses and cell death revealed in real time Message Subject (Your Name) has sent you a message from ... Real-time dynamics of mutagenesis reveal the chronology of DNA repair and damage tolerance responses in single cells - Jul 10, ... Single-cell mutagenic responses and cell death revealed in real time. Bennett Van Houten and Neil M. Kad ... 2018) Real-time dynamics of mutagenesis reveal the chronology of DNA repair and damage tolerance responses in single cells. ...
Investigating IL-1β Secretion Using Real-Time Single-Cell Imaging | SpringerLink
Confocal microscopy IL-1β secretion Lentiviral transduction IL-1β Venus Real-time single-cell imaging ... 2016) Investigating IL-1β Secretion Using Real-Time Single-Cell Imaging. In: Di Virgilio F., Pelegrín P. (eds) NLR Proteins. ... Combining this with real-time single-cell confocal microscopy using the methods described here, we have developed an effective ... Real-time single-cell imaging of protein secretion. Sci Rep 4:4736CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar ...
Single mom with 4 kids survives domestic abuse, poverty - Gainesville Times
The time she spent with her dad brought back childhood memories of abuse, her broken home and time spent in foster care after ... Now that her time at Family Promise is winding down, Hoagland thinks a lot about the future and finding a place to live. She ... "I have done so much research and spent so much time with other victims and seeing the cycle. That was the cycle I repeated. I ... Hoagland currently works part time at the Home Goods distribution center in Jefferson. She gets paid $10 an hour receiving and ...
From silencing to gene expression: real-time analysis in single cells. - PubMed - NCBI
From silencing to gene expression: real-time analysis in single cells.. Janicki SM1, Tsukamoto T, Salghetti SE, Tansey WP, ... D) Northern blot time course analysis of RNA isolated 0, 5, 10, 15, and 30 min after the induction of transcription. The last ... E) Immunoblot time course analysis of CFP-SKL expression 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 hr after the addition of doxycycline. ... Single sections from deconvolved stacks are shown.. (M-U) Factors involved in gene expression colocalize with the decondensed ...
Multiscale complex network of protein conformational fluctuations in single-molecule time series | PNAS
... approximates τ with a time resolution of 2j time steps by discarding fluctuations with time scale smaller than 2j time steps, ... A) A portion of the delay-time time series of ET single-molecule measurement for the Fre/FAD complex  and its wavelet ... 3 using the delay-time time series (denoted here by τ). The sub-SSNs, denoted by εA(n) and εD(j), are constructed from the time ... from the experimental single-molecule time series. The network topography depends on the time scale of observation; in general ...
Advanced Time-Correlated Single Photon Counting Applications by Wolfgang Becker | Waterstones
Buy Advanced Time-Correlated Single Photon Counting Applications by Wolfgang Becker from Waterstones today! Click and Collect ... Advanced Time-Correlated Single Photon Counting Applications - Springer Series in Chemical Physics 111 (Paperback). Wolfgang ... This book is an attempt to bridge the gap between the instrumental principles of multi-dimensional time-correlated single ... and other applications that require the detection of low-level light signals at single-photon sensitivity and picosecond time ...
Photon2020SMRTNeuronDetectionSequencingSensitivitySearchFluorescenceSpectroscopyAssaysIndiaPacific Biosciences2017Molecule levelFRETToward single payerJitterAvalanche diodeAngeles TimesProteinBernie SandersDynamics2019PayerNucleotideDiscrete-timeEstimateDoseContentCompletion timeDependenceUreteroscopeClinicalOpticalDelaysDelhiAngiographySignalsEpisodesMethodsWorld'sSimulationDetectIncomesRealKineticsReducesMolecularGenomesHealthcareMeasurementCoronavirusSpontaneousFunctionalHouseholdsPhysiologyCellsMethodStrandsImagingPatientsScientistsSpringerBehaviorSpectroscopicInvestigationsSystem
- This book is an attempt to bridge the gap between the instrumental principles of multi-dimensional time-correlated single photon counting (TCSPC) and typical applications of the technique. (springer.com)
- The book is recommended for all users of time-resolved detection techniques in biology, bio-chemistry, spectroscopy of live systems, live cell microscopy, clinical imaging, spectroscopy of single molecules, and other applications that require the detection of low-level light signals at single-photon sensitivity and picosecond time resolution. (springer.com)
- As an illustration, we investigate the conformational fluctutation dynamics probed by single-molecule electron transfer (ET), detected on a photon-by-photon basis. (pnas.org)
- This Thesis investigates near infrared ( ~ 1550 nm) time-correlated singlephoton counting, studying the single-photon detectors and some of the potential application areas. (bl.uk)
- Custom designed and fabricated InGaAs/InP single-photon avalanche diode detectors were characterised. (bl.uk)
- Our devices yielded single-photon detection efficiencies of ~10 %, timing jitter of 200 ps, and noise equivalent power comparable to the best commercially available avalanche photodiodes operated in Geiger-mode. (bl.uk)
- The afterpulsing phenomenon which limits the maximum count rate of InGaAs/InP single-photon avalanche diodes has been investigated in detail and activation energies calculated for the traps that cause this problem. (bl.uk)
- Finally, time-of-flight photon counting laser ranging was performed using both singlephoton avalanche diodes and superconducting nanowire single-photon detectors. (bl.uk)
- Single photon, timing jitter, reduced indistinguishability? (physicsforums.com)
- I saw in a recent review paper- Engineered quantum dot single-photon sources (Rep. Prog. (physicsforums.com)
- After all, after the quantum dot reaches its first excited state, it does not emit a photon right away, but will do this at a random time within several lifetimes, which are actually much longer than the relaxation delays. (physicsforums.com)
- Two photon emitted by identical decaying atoms should be indistinguishable, whether they are emitted at the same time or not-- This I feel reasonable. (physicsforums.com)
- The exact time of a photon emission event is not defined to a better degree than the coherence time of the transition (which is under ideal circumstances given by twice the spontaneous decay time of the QD transition in question). (physicsforums.com)
- So,loosely speaking, a single photon is stretched out in time over such a duration. (physicsforums.com)
- There is a non-zero probability for detecting a photon only during a time window of the length of the coherence time, so the delay between the two photons must be shorter than the coherence time in order to see two-photon interference events. (physicsforums.com)
- While the mechanical delay set for the first photon compensates the time delay between two excitation cycles, it cannot account for the relaxation rates of free excited carriers towards the QD states as these change from shot to shot. (physicsforums.com)
- So if the shot-to-shot fluctuations in the time these relaxation processes take is large than the temporal width of the photon, the photons just do not meet at the beam splitter and are of course not indistinguishable as you could tell which photon was emitted in which excitation cycle. (physicsforums.com)
- We demonstrate a method for time gating the standard heralded cw spontaneous parametric downconverted single-photon source by using pulsed pumping of an optical parametric oscillator below threshold. (osapublishing.org)
- Using the Time-Correlated Single Photon Counting (TCSPC) technique, the Mini-tau is supplied with our F980 software and a USB connected TCC2 electronics module to enable fast, reliable, and accurate measureme. (gmp.ch)
- Here, we present a non-line-of-sight imaging system that uses a single-pixel, single-photon avalanche diode (SPAD) to collect time-of-flight information. (osapublishing.org)
- Most of the party's potential 2020 presidential candidates have now endorsed the single-payer idea, including Sanders, Harris, Sen. Cory Booker of New Jersey, Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand and Minnesota Sen. Al Franken. (latimes.com)
- Single-molecule real-time (SMRT) sequencing is a parallelized single molecule DNA sequencing method. (wikipedia.org)
- The latter shorter-insert libraries then yield up to 50 billion bases from a single SMRT Cell. (wikipedia.org)
- MENLO PARK, Calif., May 4, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc., (Nasdaq:PACB) provider of the PacBio ® RS II Sequencing System, today announced that BGI, the world's largest genomics organization, has purchased its first PacBio RS II instrument and plans to purchase additional units in order to integrate Single Molecule, Real-Time (SMRT ® ) Sequencing into its global service business. (cnbc.com)
- We describe the direct detection of DNA methylation, without bisulfite conversion, through single-molecule, real-time (SMRT) sequencing. (nih.gov)
- Single-molecule real-time (SMRT) and bisulfite sequencing revealed that OG1RF has global 5-methylcytosine (m5C) methylation at 5′-GCWGC-3′ motifs. (asm.org)
- Clearly, a single neuron cannot do all that recognition work by itself, but it does seem able to set off the more complex series of connections that can. (time.com)
- Necessary and sufficient condition for the global stability of a delayed discrete-time single neuron model. (aimsciences.org)
- We propose a new ( in vitro ) method to measure how much information a single neuron transfers from the input it receives to its output spike train. (uva.nl)
- The arrival times and durations of the resulting fluorescence pulses yield information about polymerase kinetics and allow direct detection of modified nucleotides in the DNA template, including N6-methyladenine, 5-methylcytosine and 5-hydroxymethylcytosine. (nih.gov)
- The new MyiQ real-time PCR detection system offers an affordable alternative for the detection of common green fluorescent dyes such as FAM and SYBR Green I. This system interfaces directly with the iCycler thermal cycler, offering superior features such as thermal gradient and Peltier-effect driven performance. (bio-medicine.org)
- The MyiQ real-time PCR detection system is a perfect solution for those just getting started with this technology as well as those looking for additional instruments to handle increasing routine assay demands. (bio-medicine.org)
- The MyiQ delivers the same excellent-quality data as the iCycler iQ real-time detection system. (bio-medicine.org)
- Electrical detection of single magnetic skyrmions in metallic multilayers at room temperature, Nature Nanotechnology (2018). (phys.org)
- Nanowerk News ) Bioengineers at the University of California, Berkeley, have discovered a technique that for the first time enables the detection of biomolecules' dynamic reactions in a single living cell. (nanowerk.com)
- That's because optical absorption signals from a single biomolecule are very weak, so you need to kill hundreds to millions of cells to fish out enough of the target molecule for detection. (nanowerk.com)
- Single-molecule real-time sequencing utilizes a zero-mode waveguide (ZMW). (wikipedia.org)
- The signal from a phospho-linked nucleotide incorporated by the DNA polymerase is detected as the DNA synthesis proceeds which results in the DNA sequencing in real time. (wikipedia.org)
- We test the formulations and heuristic algorithms on randomly generated single-machine scheduling problems and real-life data sets for the hump sequencing problem. (aimsciences.org)
- E. R. Kraft, A Hump sequencing algorithm for real time management of train connection reliability ,, Journal of the Transportation Research Forum , 30 (2000), 95. (aimsciences.org)
- We used these kinetic signatures to identify adenine methylation in genomic samples and found that, in combination with circular consensus sequencing, they can enable single-molecule identification of epigenetic modifications with base-pair resolution. (nih.gov)
- Now, a team led by Sohrab Shah , Chief of Computational Oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and Samuel Aparicio , of the University of British Columbia (UBC) and BC Cancer, has developed a new approach for high-throughput single-cell DNA sequencing. (mskcc.org)
- Comstock MJ, Ha T, Chemla YR (2011) Ultrahigh-resolution optical trap with single-fluorophore sensitivity. (springer.com)
- An extension of solutions of the existing model is obtained in the presence of radiative heat loss for ignition time and critical temperature by exploiting the sensitivity of the process to large chemical activation energy. (hindawi.com)
- If two young men from a family in a village move to a city in search of work leaving their parents behind, we will get three single income households instead of one multiple-income household, she says giving an example. (indiatimes.com)
- Uphoff has elegantly applied the simple and accessible technologies of microfluidics and fluorescence microscopy to observe the binding of a yellow fluorescent protein-tagged (mYPet) MMR protein, MutL-mYPet, to replication errors arising in individual bacteria in real time. (pnas.org)
- C) DNA fluorescence in situ hybridization (DNA FISH) of 2-6-3 cells shows that there is a single integration site in the euchromatic region of chromosome 1p36. (nih.gov)
- The fluorescence lifetimes showed that the distance between flavin adenine dinucleotide (FAD) and and a nearby tyrosine (Tyr) in a single Fre molecule fluctuates on a broad range of time scales (10 −3 s to 1 s). (pnas.org)
- Joo C, Balci H, Ishitsuka Y et al (2008) Advances in single-molecule fluorescence methods for molecular biology. (springer.com)
- Ethidium bromide (EtBr) was chosen as a fluorescence probe for spectroscopic measurement of bulk cell solution and single cell imaging of bulk cells. (spiedigitallibrary.org)
- Whether you need to measure fluorescence lifetimes of time-resolved fluorescence anisotropy for research, quality assurance or teaching applications, the Mini-tau is the ideal all-inclusive, fully-integrated solution. (gmp.ch)
- In this work, we present our recent work in implementing this technique to perform time domain fluorescence-labeled investigations in preclinical settings. (spie.org)
- Optical single-molecule spectroscopy has provided unique insights into both the distribution of molecular properties and their dynamic behavior, which are inaccessible using ensemble-averaged measurements ( 1 - 5 ). (pnas.org)
- Neuman KC, Nagy A (2008) Single-molecule force spectroscopy: optical tweezers, magnetic tweezers and atomic force microscopy. (springer.com)
- Unlike fluorescent staining assays, live cell imaging provided the real-time kinetic information of transformation of membrane permeability and efflux pump machinery of three mutants. (spiedigitallibrary.org)
- Matejusova I, Bland F, Hall AJ, Harris RN, Snow M, Douglas A, Middlemas SJ (2013) Real-time PCR assays for the identification of harbor and gray seal species and sex: A molecular tool for ecology and management. (springer.com)
- Pacific Biosciences' technology provides the industry's highest consensus accuracy over the longest read lengths in combination with the ability to detect real-time kinetic information. (cnbc.com)
- Inside each ZMW, a single active DNA polymerase with a single molecule of single stranded DNA template is immobilized to the bottom through which light can penetrate and create a visualization chamber that allows monitoring of the activity of the DNA polymerase at a single molecule level. (wikipedia.org)
- The Aubin-Tam group is developing biophysical tools to track the dynamics of protein translocation at the single-molecule level. (europa.eu)
- The resulting 5-dimensional protein characterisation may open the door to real-time protein characterisation, identification, and quantification on a single molecule level in complex mixtures. (nanoporetech.com)
- Such unbiased solutions, which are data-driven instead of model-driven, have been provided in the context of single-molecule FRET experiments ( 24 ) and emission intermittency, demonstrated in resolving quantum dot blink-ing states ( 25 ), but defining the states and the corresponding networks from a single-molecule time series remains a challenging problem. (pnas.org)
- In this chapter, we describe the combination of magnetic tweezers with single-molecule FRET for orthogonal simultaneous readout to maximize the information gained in single-molecule experiments. (springer.com)
- Roy R, Hohng S, Ha T (2008) A practical guide to single-molecule FRET. (springer.com)
Toward single payer2
- 75 (2012))- a discussion about how a 'timing jitter' problem lead to reduced indistinguishability of single photons, which I find very hard to understand. (physicsforums.com)
- This approach enabled freerunning, afterpulsing-free operation at room temperature of an InGaAs/InP singlephoton avalanche diode detector for the first time. (bl.uk)
- Professor Estrich, however, recently told the Los Angeles Times: "I don't think there is any doubt that single-sex education has an important role for women. (timeshighereducation.com)
- 15 ) used a single-molecule electron transfer experiment to reveal the complexity of protein fluctuations of the NADH:flavin oxidoreductase (Fre) complex. (pnas.org)
- We are using the binding protein as an electrical transducer to detect the single molecules of the substrate', explains Maglia. (eurekalert.org)
- Scientists developed the imaging tool in single living cells by fusing a protein defining the cells' cyclical behavior to a yellow fluorescent protein that allows for visualization. (innovations-report.com)
- The resulting short-lived fluorescent fusion protein allowed Amacher and colleagues to look at single cells along with their neighbors to observe how they stayed synchronized as they did the wave. (innovations-report.com)
- This technique may replace the ubiquitous use of gel-electrophoresis for protein analysis all around the world with a chip-based approach to instantaneous protein counting that may also allow single protein sorting. (nanoporetech.com)
- This year the problem is acute because Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders are the giants of Single Storyism. (nytimes.com)
- Conventional biochemical methods have limited the investigation into the processes involved in IL-1β secretion to population dynamics, yet heterogeneity between cells has been observed at a single-cell level. (springer.com)
- the longer the time scale, the simpler the underlying SSN becomes, leading to a transition of the dynamics from anomalous diffusion to normal Brownian diffusion. (pnas.org)
- Although the overall dynamics in the distance fluctuation are non-Brownian, they reflect normal diffusion on longer time scales. (pnas.org)
- Dynamics in 30species preadtor-prey models with time delays. (aimsciences.org)
- Robust exponential attractors for population dynamics models with infinite time delay. (aimsciences.org)
- Neuronal dynamics in time varying enviroments: Continuous and discrete time models. (aimsciences.org)
- Stability conditions for a class of delay differential equations in single species population dynamics. (aimsciences.org)
- Complex dynamics in a discrete-time size-structured chemostat model with inhibitory kinetics. (aimsciences.org)
- Although live cell imaging suggests short-lived interactions at tandem gene arrays, current methods cannot measure rapid binding dynamics at single-copy genes. (sciencemag.org)
- Thus, at the single-cell level, replicative senescence comprises both deterministic cell fates and chaotic cell division dynamics. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- But to determine the earliest signs of disease progression or of stem cell proliferation, it's necessary to drill down deeper to the molecular dynamics within a single cell. (nanowerk.com)
- A former editor of the New England Journal of Medicine, who wrote a book on the pharmaceutical industry and is pro-Single Payer, Marcia Angell, M.D. (born 1939) is an American physician, author, and the first woman to serve as editor-in-chief of the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM). (care2.com)
- Teacher unions in Vermont and Oregon have endorsed HR 676, single payer healthcare legislation introduced by Congressman John Conyers (D-MI). (care2.com)
- Like passengers leaping for a departing train, leading Democrats are scrambling to support single-payer health insurance, a system that would represent a huge expansion of government control over healthcare and which the party's presidential nominee declared last year would "never, ever" come to pass. (latimes.com)
- In California, the fight has been between competing Democratic factions, leading to the threatened recall of the Democratic Assembly speaker after he set aside a single-payer bill pushed by a powerful nurses' union because, he said, its financing was insufficient. (latimes.com)
- I hate to break it to anybody, but we are realistically not within four years of having a single-payer bill or a universal coverage bill passed," said Andy Slavitt, who oversaw Medicare, Medicaid and insurance markets during the Obama administration. (latimes.com)
- Almost two of every three Californians in a new statewide poll said they like the idea of a single-payer, government healthcare system, but far fewer support the idea if it includes a tax increase. (latimes.com)
- The poll released Wednesday night by the nonpartisan Public Policy Institute of California found that 65% of adults surveyed support the creation of a single-payer state healthcare program to cover all of the state's residents, and 56% of likely voters approved of the idea. (latimes.com)
- The single-payer proposal under consideration in the state Capitol, Senate Bill 562, assumes at least $50 billion in new taxes to fund the healthcare system. (latimes.com)
- Marylanders flood Baltimore in October 2013 to support single-payer healthcare. (inthesetimes.com)
- Now, the rocky launch of the healthcare exchanges that form the cornerstone of the Affordable Care Act has helped revive interest in single-payer, says Ida Hellander, director of policy and programs for the advocacy group Physicians for a National Health Program . (inthesetimes.com)
- New York State Assemblymember Richard Gottfried, the author of a 20-year-old single-payer bill that is receiving renewed support, points out that single-payer would avoid many of the issues of the ACA's launch. (inthesetimes.com)
- Some of these efforts predate the ACA: The California Nurses Association led the charge for single-payer in the mid-2000s, twice getting a bill through the California legislature only to have it vetoed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger. (inthesetimes.com)
- And in Massachusetts, considered the laboratory for the ACA, single-payer is now on the table thanks to gubernatorial candidate Don Berwick, the former administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services under Obama. (inthesetimes.com)
- Presidential candidates might consider proposing a health care reform package that relies on a single-payer system, if results of a MedPage Today poll reflect the country's mood. (medpagetoday.com)
- When we asked visitors if it is time for the U.S. to adopt a single-payer health care system, 56% said, Yes, the current system cannot be fixed by half-way measures. (medpagetoday.com)
- A single payer system would save taxpayers millions of dollars when the middle men [in the insurance system] are cut out. (medpagetoday.com)
- Even physicians, who have traditionally opposed anything that smacks of national health insurance -- as a single-payer plan would imply -- came down heavily in the Yes column. (medpagetoday.com)
- They chose that option two-to-one over an answer that recognized that a single-payer system could mean "the end of whatever physician autonomy and patient choice still remains in this country. (medpagetoday.com)
- One doctor spelled out why he and his colleagues feel that way: "The only way to fix the system is single payer. (medpagetoday.com)
- A colleague who supports a single-payer system, however, looks at competition from another angle. (medpagetoday.com)
- Although universal coverage doesn't necessarily translate into a single-payer system, that doctor is right about the timing of this debate, he said, "I am glad that this question on health care reform comes up now, before a new president is elected. (medpagetoday.com)
- The Grand Junction Area Chamber of Commerce opposes a ballot measure that would implement a single-payer health insurance system in Colorado as a costly and risky plan that could hurt businesses and affect medical care. (thebusinesstimes.com)
- It's impractical for just one state to attempt to set up a single-payer health care system when health care, Schwenke said. (thebusinesstimes.com)
- The ZMW is a structure that creates an illuminated observation volume that is small enough to observe only a single nucleotide of DNA being incorporated by DNA polymerase. (wikipedia.org)
- Within this volume, the activity of DNA polymerase incorporating a single nucleotide can be readily detected. (wikipedia.org)
- These characteristics enable customers to access the complete spectrum of sequence variant types, from single nucleotide polymorphisms to complex structural variation, and from genomic regions that were previously inaccessible. (cnbc.com)
- For a broad class of discrete-time models we show that variability in risk across juveniles tends to stabilize the equilibrium. (aimsciences.org)
- Dynamically consistent discrete-time Lotka-Volterra competition models. (aimsciences.org)
- Dynamically consistent discrete-time SI and SIS epidemic models. (aimsciences.org)
- Global analysis of discrete-time SI and SIS epidemic models. (aimsciences.org)
- Persistence and global stability for a class of discrete time structured population models. (aimsciences.org)
- Permanence of a general discrete-time two-species-interaction model with nonlinear per-capita growth rates. (aimsciences.org)
- W.-H. Chen, X. Lu and D.-Y. Liang, Global exponential stability for discrete-time neural networks with variable delays,, Physics Letters A , 358 (2006), 186. (aimsciences.org)
- We developed a highly accurate and simple assay (BodyTime) to estimate the internal circadian time in humans from a single blood sample. (jci.org)
- By approximating the time-varying elastance curve by 2 linear functions (isovolumic contraction phase and ejection phase) and estimating the slope ratio of these, we developed a method to estimate E es on a single-beat basis from pressure values, systolic time intervals, and stroke volume. (ahajournals.org)
- The fact that the slope ratios were quantitatively correlated with contractility and loading conditions enabled us to estimate E es over a wide range of contractility and loading conditions on a single-beat basis without instantaneous ventricular volume. (ahajournals.org)
- We conclude that the ratio 7-aminodesmethylflunitrazepam to 7-aminoflunitrazepam increased with time, independent of dose, and may be used to estimate the time of intake. (diva-portal.org)
- The developer of the two-dose Russian Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine on Thursday announced that they are introducing a single-shot version of the jab which is almost 80 per cent effective against the Covid-19 disease. (indiatimes.com)
- Baltimore-Results of a prospective randomized trial conducted in Ethiopia demonstrated that a single dose of oral azithromycin (Zithromax, Pfizer) after trichiasis surgery safely and significantly reduced trichiasis recurrence compared with a 6-week course of topical treatment with tetracycline ointment, reported Sheila K. West, PhD, and colleagues. (ophthalmologytimes.com)
- Single-dose oral azithromycin is a simple, convenient, safe, and well-tolerated intervention that eliminates compliance as a concern, and in many developing countries, it is provided free through a donation program. (ophthalmologytimes.com)
- Based on those features and the outcome of our study, we believe that in trachoma-endemic areas, a single dose of azithromycin should be provided to patients immediately after trichiasis surgery in order to reduce the risk of recurrence,' she said. (ophthalmologytimes.com)
- In two arms, the surgical patient only was treated and received either a single 1-g oral dose of azithromycin or topical tetracycline twice daily for 6 weeks. (ophthalmologytimes.com)
- In the third group, a single oral dose of azithromycin was given to both the patient (1 g) and all household members (20 mg/kg up to 1 g). (ophthalmologytimes.com)
- We found that a drug (acyclovir) that has been around for 30 years was quite safe and effective in a new route," says Stephen Tyring, M.D., Ph.D., principal investigator of a phase 3 double-blind, placebo-controlled trial on Sitavig (50 mg acyclovir, BioAlliance Pharma), a muco-adhesive buccal tablet that uses a proprietary technology that effectively delivers a single low dose of acyclovir to treat labial herpes. (modernmedicine.com)
- We investigated the excretion profiles of flunitrazepam metabolites in urine after a single dose. (diva-portal.org)
- If you like what you're reading online, why not take advantage of our subscription and get unlimited access to all of Times Higher Education 's content? (timeshighereducation.com)
- Rok viewers are the first across Africa to watch new and exclusive homegrown Rok content, such as Single Ladies, before it goes anywhere else. (vanguardngr.com)
- The more time you spend on doing research (be it keyword research, competitor research or content research) the more information you can gather. (dailyblogtips.com)
- L. A. Hall, A. S. Schulz, D. B. Shmoys and J. Wein, Scheduling to minimize average completion time: Off-line and on-line approximation algorithms ,, Mathematics of Operations Research , 22 (1997), 513. (aimsciences.org)
- Single and Multiple Interruptions Increase Task Completion Time, But Don't Affect Stress, Pressure or Flow ," Working Papers 2010002, Sacred Heart University, John F. Welch College of Business. (repec.org)
- Here, we show using a modified ChIP assay with sub-second temporal resolution that the time dependence of formaldehyde cross-linking can be used to extract in vivo on- and off-rates for site-specific chromatin interactions varying over a ~100-fold dynamic range. (sciencemag.org)
- Red particles appeared more reactive than green and blue, as revealed from the larger extent of shifts and their time dependence. (rsc.org)
- Boston- A new single-use digital flexible ureteroscope (LithoVue) compares favorably in performance to reusable scopes, at least for routine urteroscopy, with a possible advantage of being more economical. (modernmedicine.com)
- The experience of two institutions using the single-use ureteroscope was reported at the AUA annual meeting in Boston. (modernmedicine.com)
- If the price of the single-use ureteroscope is $1,200 Australian or less, it will be more economical than reusable flexible ureteroscopes, whereas it would not be economical if the price exceeded $2,500 Australian. (urologytimes.com)
- I don't know if this will be the ureteroscope for every stone case at every institution, but where you have stone cases where you are at high risk of damaging your valuable reusable scope, this clearly has a role," he told Urology Times . (urologytimes.com)
- Conclusion In routine clinical practice, better collateral status is associated with better functional outcome and greater treatment benefit in EVT treated acute ischemic stroke patients, independent of time to treatment. (rug.nl)
- In this work, we use dark-field optical microscopy ( DFM ) and hyper spectral imaging (HSI) to study the interactions of single Ag and Au nanoparticles (NPs) with Hg 2+ in real time, at room temperature (25 °C). NPs were immobilized on glass substrates using 3-aminopropyltrimethoxysilane (APTMS) as the anchoring agent. (rsc.org)
- Here, we follow synthesis by individual ribosomes using dual-trap optical tweezers and observe simultaneous folding of the nascent polypeptide chain in real time. (fz-juelich.de)
- The hyperspectral single-pixel camera implements a DMD (Digital micro-mirror device) to generate optical masks for modulating the illumination field before it is delivered onto the sample and focuses the emission light signals into a multi-anode hyperspectral time-resolved PMT (Photomultiplier tube) to acquire spatial, temporal and spectral information enriched 4-D data sets. (spie.org)
- By using a single-molecule optical tweezers assay to follow in real time the codon-by-codon translation of mRNA. (gatech.edu)
- By using a single-molecule optical tweezers assay to follow in real time the codon-by-codon translation of mRNA hairpins, we conducted a quantitative characterization of the effect of the RNA structural stability on the peptide elongation rate, which revealed distinct mechanisms utilized by the ribosome to unwind mRNA structures. (gatech.edu)
- The results show that the inclusion of additional heat sink mechanism, that is, radiative heat loss, causes significant delays in the ignition time and reduces the critical temperature with respect to results of previous studies. (hindawi.com)
- Even if you change the delay between the two arms, you will still get the typical interference pattern even for single photons for temporal delays smaller than the coherence time. (physicsforums.com)
- DELHI: One would think in these times of rising inflation that more families would be relying on the power of two salaries to get by. (indiatimes.com)
- The winter season has set in with Delhi recording single-digit temperature reading - of 9.4 degrees Celsius - for the first time this season. (chennaionline.com)
- Single volume three-dimensional (3D) time-of-flight (TOF) MR angiography is the most commonly used noninvasive method for evaluating the intracranial vasculature. (nih.gov)
- A new way to visualize single-cell activity in living zebrafish embryos has allowed scientists to clarify how cells line up in the right place at the right time to receive signals about the next phase of their life. (innovations-report.com)
- UC Berkeley researchers coupled the metallic nanoparticles with biomolecules to detect chemical signals within a single living cell at unprecedented resolution. (nanowerk.com)
- This is the Single Episodes Page. (archive.org)
- This Single Episodes page is provided in case you want to sample the shows. (archive.org)
- OTRR Maintained Set -- This set contains all known episodes in the best available audio condition with the most accurate dates and titles known to be in general circulation and based on current research at the time of release. (archive.org)
- M. van den Akker, "LP-based Solution Methods for Single-Machine Scheduling Problems,", Ph.D Thesis , (1994). (aimsciences.org)
- Combining this with real-time single-cell confocal microscopy using the methods described here, we have developed an effective protocol for investigating the mechanisms of IL-1β secretion and the testing of the hypothesis that IL-1β secretion requires membrane permeabilisation. (springer.com)
- Single shot versus multi-shot is the biggest difference between our camera system and previous methods to image photonic Mach cones," Liang notes. (cosmosmagazine.com)
- Methods and Results -In 11 anesthetized dogs, we compared single-beat E es with that obtained with caval occlusion. (ahajournals.org)
- With all their efforts, however, simple, less invasive, single-beat methods that allow a precise E es estimation are still required. (ahajournals.org)
- Taylor Swift will headline Alibaba's Singles' Day next month in Shanghai, turning her considerable star wattage on the world's largest annual online shopping spree. (japantimes.co.jp)
- The song recognized as "the best-selling single of all time" was released before the pop/rock singles-chart era and "was listed as the world's best-selling single in the first-ever Guinness Book of Records (published in 1955) and-remarkably-still retains the title more than 50 years later. (express.co.uk)
- 10 −3 s) from the simulation time scales in nanoseconds. (pnas.org)
- Simulation of single-species bacterial-biofilm growth using the Glazier-Graner-Hogeweg model and the CompuCell3D modeling environment. (aimsciences.org)
- Andrew K. Dunn, Colin L. Smithpeter, Ashley J. Welch, Rebecca R. Richards-Kortum, "Finite-difference time-domain simulation of light scattering from single cells," J. Biomed. (spiedigitallibrary.org)
- Furthermore, we detect and analyse the Hall signal of a single skyrmion, which indicates that it arises from the anomalous Hall effect with a negligible contribution from the topological Hall effect. (phys.org)
- In urban areas, most households have single incomes , and their proportion is slowly increasing. (indiatimes.com)
- But even there, because of lack of opportunities, women are losing jobs and thus making families dependent on single incomes, explains Neetha. (indiatimes.com)
- Does this mean that the trend towards single incomes is because of rising prosperity? (indiatimes.com)
- In other words, single mothers are 27 hours a week worse off, in terms of control over their time, than people with two incomes and no children. (healthcanal.com)
- Data is a real-time snapshot *Data is delayed at least 15 minutes. (cnbc.com)
- From silencing to gene expression: real-time analysis in single cells. (nih.gov)
- Using this system, we are able to correlate changes in chromatin structure with the progression of transcriptional activation allowing us to obtain a real-time integrative view of gene expression. (nih.gov)
- Measuring many metabolites or drugs in the body is complicated and time-consuming, and real-time monitoring is not usually possible. (eurekalert.org)
- Real-time glucose sensors are available, but the asparagine analysis normally takes days,' he says. (eurekalert.org)
- This system was developed by the same experts at Bio-Rad who have pioneered performance in real-time PCR. (bio-medicine.org)
- The system is intended to provide highly accurate positions and attitudes (better than 5 cm and 0.5°) in real time, using lightweight components. (mdpi.com)
- Kuhlmann, H. Real-Time Single-Frequency GPS/MEMS-IMU Attitude Determination of Lightweight UAVs. (mdpi.com)
- Two routes to senescence revealed by real-time analysis of telomerase-negative single lineages. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- We have developed and applied single live cell imaging for real-time monitoring of resistance kinetics of Pseudomonas aeruginosa. (spiedigitallibrary.org)
- Real-time images of live cells in the presence of a particular substrate (EtBr) provided the first direct insights of resistance mechanism with both spatial and temporal information and showed that the substrate appeared to be accumulated in cytoplasmic space, but not periplasmic space. (spiedigitallibrary.org)
- The influential or even semi-revolutionary nature of things aren't always recognized in real-time. (express-press-release.net)
- By taking advantage of the signature frequency by which organic and inorganic molecules absorb light, the team of researchers, led by Luke Lee, professor of bioengineering and director of UC Berkeley's Biomolecular Nanotechnology Center, can determine in real time whether specific enzymes are activated or particular genes are expressed, all with unprecedented resolution within a single living cell. (nanowerk.com)
- That method can never provide a real-time view of how components function together because the cell is killed in the process of extracting its components. (nanowerk.com)
- Unlike the bulk measurement, imaging and analysis of bulk cells at single cell resolution demonstrated individual cell had its distinguished resistance kinetics and offered the direct observation of the regulation of influx and efflux of EtBr with both spatial and temporal resolution. (spiedigitallibrary.org)
- The use of a single step qPCR saves time and reduces the cost of running sex determination tests through reduction of labor and supply costs. (springer.com)
- One of the current challenges in the field of molecular machines is gaining maximal information from single-molecule experiments by simultaneously measuring translocation, conformational changes, and forces exerted by these machines. (springer.com)
- Though these scientists are looking at the molecular "clock" that defines the timing of embryonic segmentation, the findings increase understanding of cyclical behaviors in all types of cells at many developmental stages - including problem cells that cause cancer and other diseases. (innovations-report.com)
- For the first time, this nails it," said Sharon Amacher, professor of molecular genetics at Ohio State University and lead author of the study. (innovations-report.com)
- More precisely, we report on our time-resolved hyperspectral single-pixel camera for fast, wide-field mapping of molecular labels and lifetime-based quantification. (spie.org)
- Existing molecular techniques to determine sex of pinnipeds rely on multiplex PCR amplification and gel electrophoresis, and are consequently expensive, time consuming, insensitive and involve handling hazardous DNA-binding dyes. (springer.com)
- The swift embrace of a single government-run insurance program belies the long slog that veterans of the capital's healthcare wars predict would be required to sell the plan not only to a skeptical public but to legislators on Capitol Hill. (latimes.com)
- This attitude determination is based on an onboard single-frequency GPS baseline, MEMS (micro-electro-mechanical systems) inertial sensor readings, magnetic field observations and a 3D position measurement. (mdpi.com)
- When the calculations are performed according to this time measurement, single mothers in Australia had around 60 hours of 'discretionary time' per week, in contrast to 87 hours for women with a duel income and no kids," said Professor Goodin. (healthcanal.com)
- The method offers advantages in E es estimation not only of not requiring high-fidelity volume measurement but also of being applicable on a single-beat basis. (ahajournals.org)
- AP) - Gov. Andy Beshear reported 147 new coronavirus cases in Kentucky on Tuesday, the largest single-day number since the outbreak began, along with seven more virus-related deaths. (washingtontimes.com)
- Wouldn't it be better, they thought, if a single vaccine could work against SARS, MERS and any other coronavirus? (seattletimes.com)
- Reuters) - U.S. deaths from the novel coronavirus rose by more than 1,000 on Tuesday, the biggest single-day increase since early June, according to a Reuters tally. (yahoo.com)
- Thus, I picture the two photons as two very long snakes- as long as speed of light plus twice the spontaneous decay time. (physicsforums.com)
- We assessed the association between collaterals and functional outcome in EVT treated patients and investigated if this association is time dependent. (rug.nl)
- Within the 6 hour time window, a substantial proportion of patients with absent and poor collaterals can still achieve functional independence. (rug.nl)
- Single income households increased from 31% to 41% in the same period. (indiatimes.com)
- The single biggest driver of the decline of multiple-employed households is that opportunities for women's work have declined. (indiatimes.com)
- We investigate factors affecting the duration of eating and food preparation among adults in single decision-maker households. (repec.org)
- Public policies attempting to effect an increase in food preparation among low-income, single adult households with children may need to account for limited opportunities such households can have to acquire and prepare healthier foods when additional time is required. (repec.org)
- Newborns with single ventricle physiology are usually palliated with a multi-staged procedure. (inria.fr)
- To make sense out of chaos, Stephan Uphoff, in a rare single-author article ( 3 ), offers a glimpse of how individual cells adapt to deal with DNA damage and how mutations arise in bacterial cells. (pnas.org)
- Here we describe how live imaging with tetraspanin-based pH-sensitive fluorescent reporters can quantify the MVB-PM fusion rate of single cells. (nature.com)
- The finite-difference time-domain (FDTD) technique is used to compute light scattering from biological cells in two dimensions. (spiedigitallibrary.org)
- How Do Cells Tell Time? (innovations-report.com)
- Neighbor cells must be in sync with each other just as sports fans in the same section must stand and sit at the same time to effectively form a wave. (innovations-report.com)
- This research constitutes the first direct imaging of resistance mechanism of live bacterial cells at single cell resolution and opens up the new possibility of advancing the understanding of bacteria resistance mechanism. (spiedigitallibrary.org)
- DLP+ in action: A liquid suspension of single cells in a glass pipette moves in front a camera linked to a microscope. (mskcc.org)
- They arise over time as genetic changes accumulate in a population of cells. (mskcc.org)
- With DLP+, we can associate cell morphology - what cells look like - with properties of the genome at single-cell resolution," Dr. Shah says. (mskcc.org)
- They used a specially developed spectroscopic method that allowed them to measure the energy of electrons, one single electron at a time. (eurekalert.org)
- Besides the excitement of actually detecting this radiation from a single fundamental charged particle -- the electron -- the method provides a new way to potentially measure the mass of the neutrino, a subatomic particle that weighs at most two-billionths of a proton. (eurekalert.org)
- Our assay needs only a small set of blood-based transcript biomarkers and is as accurate as the current gold standard method, dim-light melatonin onset, at smaller monetary, time, and sample-number cost. (jci.org)
- One method, referred to as the time domain technique, requires only standard electrophysiological equipment and a computer. (nih.gov)
- Due to the special hardware, however, this method is not as flexible as the time domain technique. (nih.gov)
- Mirsky et al 15 16 developed a single-beat method to assess myocardial contractility by fitting a model to late systolic data and estimating the unstressed state. (ahajournals.org)
- Until now, there has been no non-invasive method that exists that can capture the chemical fingerprints of molecules with nanoscale spatial resolution within a single living cell," said Lee, who is also a faculty affiliate of the California Institute for Quantitative Biosciences and the co-director of the Berkeley Sensor and Actuator Center. (nanowerk.com)
- A significant increase of Hg concentration, by a factor of 50, at the time of HgO administration could be shown, and variation of Pt in the hair strands could be used to monitor the time and relative amount of Pt intake by the patient. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Single-pixel imaging based on compressive sensing theory has been a highlighted technique in the biomedical imaging field for many years. (spie.org)
- Better strategies are needed to prevent recurrence of trachomatous trichiasis after surgery because even in the best of circumstances, recurrence affects nearly one in six patients while the rate has been reported to be as high as 80% in some series,' Dr. West told Ophthalmology Times . (ophthalmologytimes.com)
- About 19% of the enrolled patients were found to be infected with Chlamydia trachomatis at the time of surgery. (ophthalmologytimes.com)
- If coupled with a microscope, scientists might view single-shot, full-field images of 3-D microstructures in biological systems. (cosmosmagazine.com)
- Time in eating and food preparation among single adults ," Review of Economics of the Household , Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 399-432, June. (repec.org)
- How Does Time Poverty Affect Behavior? (repec.org)
- Time-resolved in situ spectroscopic investigations of the laser-vaporization SWNT-synthesis process are described which are yielding some of the first direction determinations of carbon nanotube growth mechanisms and rates necessary to evaluate strategies for controllable synthesis and large-scale production. (spie.org)
- The tools developed in this project could advance single-molecule investigations of membrane proteins, which represent 30% of all proteins and are prime drug targets. (europa.eu)
- The investigations also revealed that the concentrations in the outer and the inner parts of the hair varied similarly with time, even though the concentration in the core of the hair is approximately 0.25 that at the surface for both Pt and Hg. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. (washingtontimes.com)
- Instead of postulating or constructing a physical model to characterize experimental results, we take a different approach to "let the system speak for itself" through the single-molecule time series. (pnas.org)
- A new camera system that can capture 100 billion frames each second has become the first to record light creating a "sonic boom" in a single shot. (cosmosmagazine.com)
- The latest refinements to the da Vinci system allows specially trained physicians to perform the Single-Site® procedure through one incision in the belly button rather 4-5 incisions required in the past. (prweb.com)
- New single available to radio programmers worldwide on Spins Tracking System and AirplayAccess . (express-press-release.net)