Microclimate: The climate of a very small area.Clothing: Fabric or other material used to cover the body.Wind: The motion of air relative to the earth's surface.Environment, Controlled: A state in which the environs of hospitals, laboratories, domestic and animal housing, work places, spacecraft, and other surroundings are under technological control with regard to air conditioning, heating, lighting, humidity, ventilation, and other ambient features. The concept includes control of atmospheric composition. (From Jane's Aerospace Dictionary, 3d ed)Acer: A plant genus of the family ACERACEAE, best known for trees with palmately lobed leaves.Meteorological Concepts: The atmospheric properties, characteristics and other atmospheric phenomena especially pertaining to WEATHER or CLIMATE.Dibutyryl Cyclic GMP: N-(1-Oxobutyl)-cyclic 3',5'-(hydrogen phosphate)-2'-butanoate guanosine. A derivative of cyclic GMP. It has a higher resistance to extracellular and intracellular phosphodiesterase than cyclic GMP.Jejunum: The middle portion of the SMALL INTESTINE, between DUODENUM and ILEUM. It represents about 2/5 of the remaining portion of the small intestine below duodenum.Climate: The longterm manifestations of WEATHER. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)Trees: Woody, usually tall, perennial higher plants (Angiosperms, Gymnosperms, and some Pterophyta) having usually a main stem and numerous branches.Humidity: A measure of the amount of WATER VAPOR in the air.Plant Transpiration: The loss of water vapor by plants to the atmosphere. It occurs mainly from the leaves through pores (stomata) whose primary function is gas exchange. The water is replaced by a continuous column of water moving upwards from the roots within the xylem vessels. (Concise Dictionary of Biology, 1990)Skin Temperature: The TEMPERATURE at the outer surface of the body.Air Microbiology: The presence of bacteria, viruses, and fungi in the air. This term is not restricted to pathogenic organisms.Ecosystem: A functional system which includes the organisms of a natural community together with their environment. (McGraw Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)Monosaccharides: Simple sugars, carbohydrates which cannot be decomposed by hydrolysis. They are colorless crystalline substances with a sweet taste and have the same general formula CnH2nOn. (From Dorland, 28th ed)Dithiothreitol: A reagent commonly used in biochemical studies as a protective agent to prevent the oxidation of SH (thiol) groups and for reducing disulphides to dithiols.Cities: A large or important municipality of a country, usually a major metropolitan center.Body Temperature Regulation: The processes of heating and cooling that an organism uses to control its temperature.Hydrogen-Ion Concentration: The normality of a solution with respect to HYDROGEN ions; H+. It is related to acidity measurements in most cases by pH = log 1/2[1/(H+)], where (H+) is the hydrogen ion concentration in gram equivalents per liter of solution. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)Dipeptides: Peptides composed of two amino acid units.Microelectrodes: Electrodes with an extremely small tip, used in a voltage clamp or other apparatus to stimulate or record bioelectric potentials of single cells intracellularly or extracellularly. (Dorland, 28th ed)Intestinal Absorption: Uptake of substances through the lining of the INTESTINES.Intestinal Mucosa: Lining of the INTESTINES, consisting of an inner EPITHELIUM, a middle LAMINA PROPRIA, and an outer MUSCULARIS MUCOSAE. In the SMALL INTESTINE, the mucosa is characterized by a series of folds and abundance of absorptive cells (ENTEROCYTES) with MICROVILLI.Seasons: Divisions of the year according to some regularly recurrent phenomena usually astronomical or climatic. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)Amiloride: A pyrazine compound inhibiting SODIUM reabsorption through SODIUM CHANNELS in renal EPITHELIAL CELLS. This inhibition creates a negative potential in the luminal membranes of principal cells, located in the distal convoluted tubule and collecting duct. Negative potential reduces secretion of potassium and hydrogen ions. Amiloride is used in conjunction with DIURETICS to spare POTASSIUM loss. (From Gilman et al., Goodman and Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 9th ed, p705)Temperature: The property of objects that determines the direction of heat flow when they are placed in direct thermal contact. The temperature is the energy of microscopic motions (vibrational and translational) of the particles of atoms.GeorgiaHomeless Persons: Persons who have no permanent residence. The concept excludes nomadic peoples.PhilippinesBees: Insect members of the superfamily Apoidea, found almost everywhere, particularly on flowers. About 3500 species occur in North America. They differ from most WASPS in that their young are fed honey and pollen rather than animal food.Data Collection: Systematic gathering of data for a particular purpose from various sources, including questionnaires, interviews, observation, existing records, and electronic devices. The process is usually preliminary to statistical analysis of the data.Homeless Youth: Runaway and homeless children and adolescents living on the streets of cities and having no fixed place of residence.Oceanography: The science that deals with the ocean and its phenomena. (Webster, 3d ed)Digestive System Processes: Biological actions and events that constitute the functions of the DIGESTIVE SYSTEM.Earth (Planet): Planet that is the third in order from the sun. It is one of the four inner or terrestrial planets of the SOLAR SYSTEM.Hydrology: Science dealing with the properties, distribution, and circulation of water on and below the earth's surface, and atmosphere.Climate Change: Any significant change in measures of climate (such as temperature, precipitation, or wind) lasting for an extended period (decades or longer). It may result from natural factors such as changes in the sun's intensity, natural processes within the climate system such as changes in ocean circulation, or human activities.Awards and PrizesNobel PrizeAggression: Behavior which may be manifested by destructive and attacking action which is verbal or physical, by covert attitudes of hostility or by obstructionism.Social Dominance: Social structure of a group as it relates to the relative social rank of dominance status of its members. (APA, Thesaurus of Psychological Index Terms, 8th ed.)Competitive Behavior: The direct struggle between individuals for environmental necessities or for a common goal.Tilapia: A freshwater fish used as an experimental organism and for food. This genus of the family Cichlidae (CICHLIDS) inhabits Central and South America (one species extends north into Texas), West Indies, Africa, Madagascar, Syria, and coastal India.Cyprinodontiformes: An order of fish with eight families and numerous species of both egg-laying and livebearing fish. Families include Cyprinodontidae (egg-laying KILLIFISHES;), FUNDULIDAEl; (topminnows), Goodeidae (Mexican livebearers), Jenynsiidae (jenynsiids), Poeciliidae (livebearers), Profundulidae (Middle American killifishes), Aplocheilidae, and Rivulidae (rivulines). In the family Poeciliidae, the guppy and molly belong to the genus POECILIA.Indigo Carmine: Indolesulfonic acid used as a dye in renal function testing for the detection of nitrates and chlorates, and in the testing of milk.Fantasy: An imagined sequence of events or mental images, e.g., daydreams.Pseudotsuga: A plant genus in the family PINACEAE, order Pinales, class Pinopsida, division Coniferophyta. They are coniferous evergreen trees with long, flat, spirally arranged needles that grow directly from the branch.BooksScience: The study of natural phenomena by observation, measurement, and experimentation.Books, Illustrated: Books containing photographs, prints, drawings, portraits, plates, diagrams, facsimiles, maps, tables, or other representations or systematic arrangement of data designed to elucidate or decorate its contents. (From The ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science, 1983, p114)Medicine in Literature: Written or other literary works whose subject matter is medical or about the profession of medicine and related areas.
Sussex County, New Jersey
H. "Weather; Microclimates, Big Variations.", The New York Times, January 30, 2005. Accessed September 21, 2014. "In places ... As of 2015[update], SCCC reported an enrollment of 2,738 students of which 55% attend full-time and 45% attended part-time. ... At that time the western part of Sussex County was under a shallow inland sea. Fossils of sea shells and fish can be found west ... At the time of European encounter, the Munsee Indians inhabited the region. The Munsee were a loosely organized division of the ...
Sussex County Snow Belt
H. "Weather; Microclimates, Big Variations." New York Times. January 30, 2005 Carney, Leo. H. "Weather; Microclimates, Big ... The Sussex County Snow Belt is a microclimate snowbelt region in Sussex County, New Jersey in northwest New Jersey. The belt is ... Variations." New York Times. January 30, 2005 "Surprise Snowstorm Slushes, slops way through East, Closing schools." Eugene ...
Leo H. Carney, "Weather; Microclimates, Big Variations.", The New York Times, January 30, 2005. Retrieved October 17, 2015. ... Maps and documents at the time of the American Revolution often render the name as Pepocottin or Pepper-Cotton. The name was ... The Kittatinny Valley to the north of Newton experiences a snowbelt phenomenon and has been categorized as a microclimate ... of the time in summer and 48% in winter. Prevailing winds are typically from the southwest for most of year; but in late winter ...
Newton, New Jersey
H. "Weather; Microclimates, Big Variations.", The New York Times, January 30, 2005. Accessed September 21, 2014. "In places ... The school had an enrollment of 3,012 students of which half attended full-time and half attended part-time. Newton is located ... "A three-time All-Ivy League first team selection, the native of Newton, N.J. earned the Fletcher Award for most team points in ... At the time of Green's survey, northwestern New Jersey was populated with bands of the Munsee, the northern branch of the Lenni ...
At that time the track was called the East Tamaki Racing Course. In the summers of the 1920s, car owning Aucklanders would make ... This created a micro climate suitable for Kumara and gourds. There are many mussel beds around the SW shore so landing is ... This area was made into a stone garden by Maori in pre European times. The dark volcanic rocks were piled up to clear the ... Phoenix palms were planted along Eastern Beach at this time to give the peninsula an exotic atmosphere. After World War I two ...
Leonard J. Buck Garden
Enys family of Enys in Cornwall
In 2013 the house was opened to the public for the first time. John Davies Enys greatly enriched Enys with seeds and plants he ... Probably the most valuable asset to the garden is its microclimate. It is virtually frost free, and this, together with the ... The Enys family have lived at Enys, which lies on the northern outskirts of Penryn, Cornwall, time out of mind. The Enys Trust ... This area is believed to be undisturbed since ancient times, and contains many trees of a great age. The formal gardens still ...
There are diverse microclimates in the county. Summers are dry while heavy rains are experienced during the winter. Climate ... The area has been populated since Paleolithic times dating back 10,000 to 30,000 years ago. As argued by various archaeologists ... The area had no special importance in Illyrian and classical times. In 1510, Marin Barleti, an Albanian Catholic priest and ... was built in 1822 and was the tallest building in Tirana at the time. Fortress of Bashtovë is a 15th century castle situated ...
At that time Świdnik developed as a spa, due to its unique microclimate. Świdnik's district of Adampol was popular among ... First documented mention of Świdnik comes from the year 1392, and at that time the village was called Świdnik Wielki (Maior ... in which its residents went for walks with their families and children at the time of the main news broadcast (Dziennik ...
The microclimate responds to the given location transforming it into a habitat. Isolated, the duplicity of organization in ... with time, develop new genotypes and cannot be bred with exception to natural hybridization. Localized geology becomes harder ... for resources is more competitive-both in the number of species and the height of surrounding plants-there are times when it is ... Pachypodium form through geology and location significant variation where over evolutionary time a new species might develop, ...
He came back in 739 to capture for a second time Avignon and chase the duke Maurontus to his stronghold of Marseille. The ... Within Provence there are micro-climates and local variations, ranging from the Alpine climate inland from Nice to the ... AOC Bellet; at the time of the French Revolution, the little town of Saint Roman de Bellet (now part of Nice) was the center of ... Since that time, cultivation of poorer varieties has been reduced and new technologies and methods have improved the quality ...
The lake, some 4,000 square kilometres (1,500 sq mi) in size, at that time would have been seventy times larger than the ... On the Altiplano the microclimate of the surroundings of Lake Iguaque produces a páramo. The Altiplano Cundiboyacense is formed ... Two other expeditions that were taking place at the same time; of De Belalcázar from the south and Federmann from the east, ... The leaders of the Confederation at the time of conquest were zipa Tisquesusa, zaque Quemuenchatocha, iraca Sugamuxi and ...
Robert Frost Trail (Massachusetts)
Microclimate ecosystems, rare plant habitats, vernal pools, caves, and abrupt cliffs are the fare. Also located on this trail ... The southernmost section of the Robert Frost Trail weaves over and around the trap rock Holyoke Range several times. It follows ... The 110-mile (180 km) Metacomet-Monadnock Trail intersects the Robert Frost Trail several times, as do a lengthy network of ... The trap rock Holyoke Range hosts a combination of microclimates including dry oak savannas, moist ravines dense with eastern ...
Mole Creek Karst National Park
These changes in microclimate can be devastating, and in fact have been shown to adversely affect the organisms living in the ... Banbury and de Freitas found that carbon dioxide builds up in caves over time, and can reach levels that are dangerous for ... This is an example of the fickle nature of a caves microclimate, and how important it is to the species who rely on it. It has ... The presence of humans alone is enough to influence the microclimate of a cave. Carbon dioxide and water are expelled by groups ...
Badacsony wine region
At the same time new varieties were also introduced to the area. The soil is a mixture of clay, loess, and sand on top of ... The reflection of the sunshine makes that the micro-climate is ideal for grape cultivation. The following villages belong to ... The special soil conditions and the microclimate of the Badacsony wine region made that Szürkebarát differs from Pinot gris. In ...
This increase in development time is likely a response to the environment, allowing larvae more time to accumulate glycogen, ... Some caterpillars preferentially feed on the underside of leaves, where microclimate has higher relative humidity. In a highly ... Survival time is determined by initial water content, and can be calculated by dividing water loss tolerance (the maximum ... Because it binds up to five times its weight in bulk water, insects with increased levels of body glycogen also have higher ...
Undercliff (Isle of Wight)
Ventnor's microclimate is also created by the shelter of St. Boniface Down. The stable section of the Undercliff has evidence ... Although inhabited, the Undercliff is an area prone to landslips and subsidence, with accompanying loss of property over time. ... Its sheltered south-facing location gives rise to a microclimate considerably warmer than elsewhere on the island. ...
Sima de las Cotorras
The wider reserve serves as a buffer area for the microclimate of the Sima de las Cotorras. Outside the sinkhole and up to its ... Major formations include the La Venta River Canyon, the Arch of Time (Arco del Tiempo) and El Aguacero Falls. The Sima de las ... Numbers and types of birds present depends on the time of year, due to migratory patterns. ...
During months in which ice is not a risk, all-time lows are much milder than during adjacent months. These cold snaps are rare ... The area has a distinct microclimate, with relatively low precipitation for the reference period of 1961-1990. In spite of it ... The drastic cooling in winter months has resulted in an all-time cold record of −28 °C (−18 °F), typical of inland locations, ... Open fires, serving as beacons, have been lit at the site since early times. Landsort is the southernmost point of the ...
Around this time a small boat was found, about 10 meters (33 ft) long. The boat had a pointed bow and a square stern. It had ... The lake has its own microclimate and is protected from wind by the crater walls. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Lord Byron and ... By this time the water level had dropped more than 20 meters (66 ft) with over 40 million cubic meters of water removed. As a ... Nemi did not exist in Roman times. The name Nemi derives from the Latin nemus Aricinum (grove of Ariccia), Ariccia being an ...
This provided an economic boost for the city in a short period of time. During the late Byzantine era in the seventh century, ... Amman has extreme examples of microclimate, and almost every district exhibits its own weather. It is known among locals that ... Built at roughly the same time as the theatre, the Odeon had 500 seats and is still in use today for music concerts. ... Many of the immigrants from al-Salt from that time were originally from Nablus. The 1948 war caused an exodus of urban Muslim ...
Wallowa County, Oregon
... east/Mountain Time Border Adams County, Idaho - southeast/Mountain Time Border Baker County (south) Union County (southwest) ... The microclimate is somewhat different from the surrounding areas and provides a cool retreat during the summer. Other ... The New York Times. Retrieved April 28, 2014. Media related to Wallowa County, Oregon at Wikimedia Commons Official website ...
At one time, they held spears and shields, but those have not been found. Additionally, Warrior B once wore a helmet pushed up ... The bronzes are on display inside a microclimate room on top of an anti-seismic Carrara marbled platform. Along with the ... They are two of the few surviving full-size ancient Greek bronzes (which were usually melted down in later times), and as such ... names of Classical times have been proposed in this connection", Brunilde Sismondo Ridgeway writes, noting that she finds it ...
Invading species have been shown to adapt to their new environments in a remarkably short amount of time. The population ... This increase in heterogeneity can create microclimates in sparse and eroded ecosystems, which then promotes the growth and ... Holden, Matthew H.; Nyrop, Jan P.; Ellner, Stephen P. (2016-06-01). "The economic benefit of time-varying surveillance effort ... during which time half the menus invasive species offerings were conceptual because invasive species were not yet commercially ...
In modern times, hydrometers are still widely used, but where greater accuracy is required, an electronic oscillating U-tube ... This ability to easily measure Brix in the field makes it possible to determine ideal harvesting times of fruit and vegetables ... Beer, conversely, exhibits a change with temperature about three times this much. It is important, therefore, that users of ...
"Gulf Times. Retrieved 23 March 2018.. *^ a b Butler, C (2005). "Feral Parrots in the Continental United States and United ... possibly to reduce the conspicuousness of the nesting site or to create a favourable microclimate. In most cases, both ... In ancient times and current, parrot feathers have been used in ceremonies and for decoration. They also have a long ... For a time, Argentina offered a bounty on monk parakeets for that reason, resulting in hundreds of thousands of birds being ...
Pr converts to Pfr during the day time and Pfr slowly reverts back to Pr during the night time. When nights are short, an ... Jones, Hamlyn G. (1992). Plants and Microclimate: A Quantitative Approach to Environmental Plant Physiology. Cambridge ... "Photoreceptors and Regulation of Flowering Time". Plant Physiology. 123 (1): 39-50. doi:10.1104/pp.123.1.39. PMC 1539253. PMID ... excess amount of Pfr remains in the day time and during long nights, most of the Pfr is reverted back to Pr. ...
The idea of growing plants in environmentally controlled areas has existed since Roman times. The Roman emperor Tiberius ate a ... Different techniques are then used to evaluate optimality-degrees and comfort ratio of greenhouse micro-climate (i.e., air ... Solar energy can be captured from periods of relative abundance (day time/summer), and released to boost the temperature during ... cooler periods (night time/winter). Waste heat from livestock can also be used to heat greenhouses, e.g., placing a chicken ...
Arthur Hill Hassall
During this time he wrote extensively on climatic treatments for tuberculosis, works such as the 1879 San Remo and the Western ... On the basis of his experience of the microclimate of the Undercliff, he established the National Cottage Hospital for ... From 1878 onward, aiming to rest in warmer climates, he spent most of his time in Europe, gaining permission to practise both ...
This allows the mollusks to survive solely by photosynthesis for several months at a time. Some of the genes from the ... Jones HG (2014). Plants and Microclimate: a Quantitative Approach to Environmental Plant Physiology (Third ed.). Cambridge: ... Over time, the term photosynthesis came into common usage as the term of choice. Later discovery of anoxygenic photosynthetic ... The radiation climate within plant communities is extremely variable, with both time and space. ...
Because of a special micro climate, a small weather station near the town of Stetten am kalten Markt is known as the "coldest ... Since water often needed to be stored over a long time, it was often stagnant. Thus disinfection via alcohol was very popular ... The various roles are often claimed to have been defined in pre-Christian times and here the exact traditions vary from village ... A modern water supply system (outstanding for its time) was built in the late 1880s, which eased the situation. ...
Spread of disease in this way is enhanced by the extended time during which a tick remains attached, during which time the ... According to these studies, certain features of a given microclimate - such as sandy soil, hardwood trees, rivers, and the ... "New York Times. Retrieved 15 December 2016.. *^ a b "Disease transmission". CVBD: Companion Vector-Borne Diseases. Retrieved 9 ... Argasid ticks, unlike ixodid ticks, may go through up to seven nymphal stages (instars), requiring a meal of blood each time.[ ...
Agriculture in Indonesia
"The Straits Times. Archived from the original on 13 October 2015. Retrieved 13 October 2015.. ... It is located near the equator and with numerous mountainous regions across the islands which creates suitable micro-climates ... Located in the tropical region, Indonesia enjoys abundant rain and sunshine most of the time, which are important elements for ... Those spices from mainland Asia were introduced early, in ancient times, thus they became integral ingredients in Indonesian ...
At the same time, the bark on the trunk becomes loose and detaches easily. The greatest number of dead trees (18 to 26 percent ... in a microclimate protected from arctic winds and moderated by the Gulf Stream. In the North Island, Māori cultivated selected ... Kāuru could be stored dry until the time came to add it to fern root and other foods to improve their palatability. The sugar ... Once the trunk has been damaged by animals, it seldom heals and the wounds get bigger over time. Eventually the tissue in the ...
Smith, Linda (2008). GMOs - A Crop Technology Whose Time Has Come. Fleishman and Hillard.. ... regulating microclimate, regulating water flow, controlling pests, and detoxification of waste products. However, modern ... Agroecosystems can achieve this equilibrium by arranging a suitable combination of crops in space and time, given the type of ... One seed at a time, protecting the future of food TED talk ... fruiting time, and flavor. Crops can also vary in less obvious ...
During this time the wine industry was sustained by the domestic consumption of cheap vino de mesa. By the early 1970s, per ... Traditionally considered too cold for plantings, there are micro-climates (e.g. the irrigated Chubut Valley area near the ... During this time the missionaries and settlers in the area began construction of complex irrigation channels and dams that ... New York Times: THE WORLD; For Argentina, Inflation and Rage Rise in Tandem, 4 June 1989 ...
"New York Times Upfront. 14 November 2011. Archived from the original on 9 February 2015. Retrieved 9 February 2015.. ... A number of wine tours of Cape Verde's various microclimates began to be offered in spring 2010 and can be arranged through the ... In ancient times these islands were referred to as "the Islands of the Blessed" or the "Fortunate Isles". Located 570 ... which is only the second time it has happened to a country), is currently the 10th best ranked country in Africa in its ...
In 1758, the fortress of Louisbourg was laid siege for a second time within 15 years, this time by more than 27,000 British ... Yarmouth in Nova Scotia has significant marine influence to have a borderline oceanic microclimate, but winter nights are still ... Senators being appointed for life at this time, these coveted seats rarely went unfilled for a long period of time anywhere in ... the second time in history (the only other time being the Diefenbaker sweep). In 2015 the Liberals won every seat in The ...
"The New York Times. Retrieved 29 November 2015.. *^ Brown, Dwayne; Cabbage, Michael; McCarthy, Leslie; Norton, Karen (20 ... Climate is the statistics of weather over long periods of time. It is measured by assessing the patterns of variation in ... It reflects changes in the variability or average state of the atmosphere over time scales ranging from decades to millions of ... The instruments used to study weather over the modern time scale, their known error, their immediate environment, and their ...
Coffee production in Indonesia
Coffee at the time was also grown in East Indonesia- East Timor and Flores. Both of these islands were originally under ... creating well-suited microclimates for the growth and production of coffee. ... Agricultural systems in Java have changed considerably over time. A rust plague in the late 1880s killed off much of the ...
"Metro Times Detroit. Retrieved 2010-02-07.. *^ a b Wasacz, Walter (January 30, 2007). "Big Ideas for Shrinking Cities". Model D ... the warmer microclimate in cities offers a more suitable habitat than the surrounding rural areas (it is thought that the tree ... At that time as well as now, ailanthus was common in neglected urban areas. She writes:. ... It was one of the first trees brought west during a time when chinoiserie was dominating European arts, and was initially ...
It has been found that large blue butterflies are three times less likely to survive in nests that have queen ants present. ... The presence of differing sites and varied ecological structures provides differing microclimates that can make a huge impact ... The cuckoo strategy has been shown to result in six times more butterflies per nest than the predatory strategy. While this ... This is due to the fact that in this time the caterpillars become larger than the size range of the Myrmica ant larvae. ...
Colémbolos, a enciclopedia libre
"Face Time" (PDF). American Entomologist 51 (2): 68-69. doi:10.1093/ae/51.2.68. Arquivado dende o orixinal (PDF) o 04 de marzo ... "Effects of manipulated soil microclimate on mesofaunal biomass and diversity" (PDF). Soil Biology and Biochemistry 28 (3): 313 ... "Impact of warming and timing of snow melt on soil microarthropod assemblages associated with Dryas-dominated plant communities ... "Turning northern peatlands upside down: disentangling microclimate and substrate quality effects on vertical distribution of ...
At the time of the Renaissance perfume manufacturers began production of gloves, handbags and belt (clothing), to meet the new ... Grasse's particular microclimate encouraged the flower farming industry. It is warm and sufficiently inland to be sheltered ... are trained or have spent time in Grasse to distinguish over 2,000 kinds of scent. Grasse produces over two-thirds of France's ...
University of Oxford Botanic Garden
The tank in the lily house built in 1851 by Professor Charles Daubeny, Keeper of the Garden at the time, is the oldest existing ... The borders along the foot of the wall contain collections that thrive in the microclimate, many of these plant collections are ... Another Oxford professor and author, J. R. R. Tolkien, often spent his time at the garden reposing under his favourite tree, ... Carnivory has evolved several times in plants and this collection displays many of the mechanisms required to trap insect prey ...
North Water Polynya
Every time an object is handled, it is at risk for damage. Although high standards for general housing and for packing help ... Druzik, James; Bent Eshoj (2007). "Museum Lighting: Its Past and Future Development". Museum Microclimates. National Museum of ... Many times if a catastrophe strikes, collections cannot be returned to their previous condition, and large numbers of objects ... All objects brought into the collection should be isolated for a time until it can be confirmed that no pests have traveled ...
Over time it has been attributed to phases of the moon as well as both good and evil spirits. ... Like the Niagara Peninsula, Prince Edward County's terroir and micro-climate are well suited for cool climate grapes where ... Australian sparkling wine production has come a long way in a very short period of time, according to Wine Australia 2014-2015 ... There are quality standards that all producers adhere to voluntarily, apart from the minimum time on the lees (nine months) and ...
R22 (also known as HCFC-22) has a global warming potential about 1,800 times higher than CO2. It was phased out for use in ... Such systems might be the right solution for maintaining the microclimate in several offices, shops, large living spaces. Just ... Since prehistoric times, snow and ice were used for cooling. The business of harvesting ice during winter and storing for use ... Over time, air conditioning came to be used to improve comfort in homes and automobiles as well. Residential sales expanded ...
Citizen Science Urban Microclimate Project Pilot Parramatta Jubilee 13th Dec 18 Tickets, Thu, 13/12/2018 at 2:00 pm | Eventbrite
UNSW Built Environment presents Citizen Science Urban Microclimate Project Pilot Parramatta Jubilee 13th Dec 18 - Thursday, 13 ... Date and Time. Thu. 13 December 2018. 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm AEDT ... Citizen Science Urban Microclimate Project Pilot Parramatta ... Citizen Science Urban Microclimate Project Pilot Parramatta Jubilee 13th Dec 18 at Jubilee Park 7A Parkes Street, Parramatta, ...
Atmosphere | Free Full-Text | Microclimate Variation and Estimated Heat Stress of Runners in the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Marathon |...
This study focuses on the marathon races, which are held outside for a prolonged time, and evaluates the potential heat stress ... Microclimate Variation and Estimated Heat Stress of Runners in the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Marathon by Eichi Kosaka 1,*, Akiko Iida ... Based on data from the worst-case scenario and August 9, the Sun will be high in the sky at race time, and the building shadow ... However, if the race time is an hour earlier, e.g., as on August 25, the building shade reaches the left lane. Therefore, it ...
microclimate | Atlanta Progressive News
AT 711 - Microclimate - Spring 2003 | CIRES
AT 711 - Microclimate - Spring 2003. Course: AT 711 - Microclimate. Credits: 2. Location: 100 Atmospheric Science. Time: 10:00 ... Added: 4/14/03 Davey, C.A., and R.A. Pielke Sr., 2004: Microclimate exposures of surface-based weather stations - implications ... Class tasks will include a course project, and a paper on a microclimate issue. ...
KSBY Microclimate Weather - Android app on AppBrain
KSBY Microclimate Weather: Android app (4.1 ★, 10,000+ downloads) → KSBY is proud to announce a full featured weather app for ... Each subscription will automatically renew 3 days before the expiration date for the same time period. Subscriptions can be ... KSBY Microclimate Weather KSBY is proud to announce a full featured weather app for Android. ... Current weather updated multiple times per hour. • Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models. • ...
Frontiers | Microclimate Data Improve Predictions of Insect Abundance Models Based on Calibrated Spatiotemporal Temperatures |...
... microclimate dataset). We developed a statistical procedure to calibrate all datasets to monthly and yearly variation in ... microclimate dataset). We developed a statistical procedure to calibrate all datasets to monthly and yearly variation in ... and air minute temperature over 250m radius disks for the microclimate dataset). Then, we computed pest performances based on ... and air minute temperature over 250m radius disks for the microclimate dataset). Then, we computed pest performances based on ...
Garden Climate and Temperature | HowStuffWorks
These are called microclimates. Even a small deck will usually have several microclimates. The part closest to the house may ... Some regions, such as the Midwest, are hot in summer but icy cold in winter; some are either hot or cold all the time; and ... Microclimates in your yard allow you to grow plants that might not otherwise thrive in your zone. ... Microclimate. Within every garden, you can find areas with different kinds of exposure to the elements. ...
Hardiness (plants) - Wikipedia
Sussex County, New Jersey - Wikipedia
H. "Weather; Microclimates, Big Variations.", The New York Times, January 30, 2005. Accessed September 21, 2014. "In places ... As of 2015[update], SCCC reported an enrollment of 2,738 students of which 55% attend full-time and 45% attended part-time. ... At that time the western part of Sussex County was under a shallow inland sea. Fossils of sea shells and fish can be found west ... At the time of European encounter, the Munsee Indians inhabited the region. The Munsee were a loosely organized division of the ...
Shelterbelt characteristics - Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Microclimate modifications. Reduced wind velocity behind a shelterbelt changes the microclimate within the protected zone. ... A shelterbelt can reduce soil erosion on the leeward side to near zero within 10 times the height of the leeward side of the ... On the windward side of a shelterbelt, wind speed reductions are measurable upwind for a distance of two to five times the ... At a distance beyond 10 times the shelterbelt height, air temperature near the ground tends to be cooler during the day. ...
VM124/VM091: Broiler Management?The First 24 Hours
The Chicks Microclimate. The newly hatched chicks surroundings should be as close to ideal as possible. This environment ... Ideally, the chicks should be placed at the farm and provided water and feed in less than 8 hours from time of hatch. Longer ... Microclimate management also includes consideration of the availability of high quality feed and water. Water should be at ... After a poor start, there is little time to compensate for the lost growth as a chicks life is only approximately 1000 hours. ...
Planting Time for Tomatoes | LoveToKnow
Planting time for tomatoes varies both by region and by cultivar. You do not need to be a slave to nature, however, as there ... Microclimate. While USDA gardening zones give a general indication of planting opportunities and limitations for your region, a ... Planting time for tomatoes varies both by region and by cultivar. You do not need to be a slave to nature, however, as there ... By adjusting planting time and choosing a suitable cultivar, you should be able to enjoy the fruits of your own labor no matter ...
Microclimates - little.red.boat
I read several books on the matter that explained how, and why, San Francisco was a city of microclimates. I even went so far ... By the time we got to the other side of the city, I had goosepimples on my arms. We stepped down and went for a walk on the ... The first time I crossed the city without expecting it. I came out of the house wearing light clothes, sunglasses, flip flops ... And knowing about microclimates in theory is a very different thing to experiencing them in practice. They said that weather in ...
New Microclimate Data Technology Points to Increased Urban Temperatures
I always think of that time as one of the most fruitful and invigorating times in my research, with great collaborators and ... DecNew Microclimate Data Technology Points to Increased Urban Temperatures. *OctCommunity-Based Approach for Reporting Back ... Using an innovative multi-site "micro-climate" data collection technology to capture temperature data in the Kibera slum in ... They also used Landsat8 data from the same time period to assess vegetation and other surface characteristics that could ...
Cloud immersion alters microclimate, photosynthesis and water relations in Rhododendron catawbiense and Abies fraseri seedlings...
This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain. ... Cloud immersion alters microclimate, photosynthesis and water relations in Rhododendron catawbiense and Abies fraseri seedlings ... Cloud immersion alters microclimate, photosynthesis and water relations in Rhododendron catawbiense and Abies fraseri seedlings ... Cloud immersion alters microclimate, photosynthesis and water relations in Rhododendron catawbiense and Abies fraseri seedlings ...
Frontiers | Mitigating Heat Wave and Exposure Damage to "Cabernet Sauvignon" Wine Grape With Partial Shading Under Two...
Leaf gas exchange was measured between 1130 and 1430 h local time 4 times (51, 82, 107, and 113 DAF) throughout the season, ... Leaf Gas Exchange and Microclimate. Net carbon assimilation (AN) was reduced in leaves under the partial shading (Figure 5A). ... Fruit Zone Microclimate. Spectral radiation in the fruiting zone were quantified using a spectrometer with a cosine-corrected ... Table 1. Timing of irrigation amounts for the two treatments applied and parameters used to calculate crop evapotranspiration. ...
Announcing The Winners Of The 2017 World Changing Ideas Awards
Real-time energy stats. Students Finalists. Modular Indoor Micro-Climate (MIMiC). Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Center for ... Each time a Shazam user identifies a song containing lyrics that depict rape or aggression toward women, theyll receive an ... Modular Indoor Micro-Climate (MIMiC). Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Center for Architecture Science and Ecology. ... GridOSs data analysis software models the impacts in real time, bringing greater visibility "inside" the grid. The Ontario- ...
Sierra Ladrones Study Basin (SLSB) Sediment Micro Climate Research in Watersheds at the Sevilleta National Wildlife Refuge, New...
All probes were initially buried at 20 cm but this depth must surely have changed with time and stream flow. Temperature probes ... Sierra Ladrones Study Basin (SLSB) Sediment Micro Climate Research in Watersheds at the Sevilleta National Wildlife Refuge, New ... At the time of departure, both temp probes were reading similar temps. ... were buried at the same time and the same depth as the gypsum blocks. Tipping bucket rain gauges were installed at sites 23 and ...
Publications - Norwegian Polar Institute
Mind the wind: microclimate effects on incubation effort of an arctic seabird. Peer-reviewed Høyvik Hilde et al. 2016 - Ecology ... Walruses in a Time of Climate Change. Report contribution Kovacs et al. 2015 - Arctic Report Card: Update for 2015 ... Later at higher latitudes: large-scale variability in seabird breeding timing and synchronicity. Peer-reviewed Burr et al. 2016 ... Reliability of VHF telemetry data for measuring attendance patterns of marine predators: a comparison with time depth recorder ...
Microclimate tunnel - Tourismusinformation Bad Bleiberg
Sleeping bag fee for the therapy time € 15. The therapies take place daily, in groups under therapeutic supervision.. If you ... Microclimate tunnel "Thomas". As a guest at the Vivea Gesundheitshotel Bad Bleiberg, you can use the tunnel, which is located ... The microclimate tunnel is a state-recognized natural healing resources in Bad Bleiberg. Humidity of 99% and constant ... The therapy in the microclimate tunnel is suitable for chronic and chronic respiratory diseases, bronchial asthma, chronic ...
Water Sprinkling Market Pigs in a Stationary Trailer. 1. Effects on Pig Behaviour, Body Temperature and Trailer Micro-climate |...
1. Effects on Pig Behaviour, Body Temperature and Trailer Micro-climate. Disease and welfare Pig Welfare Husbandry Feed and ... sprinkled pigs spent more time lying (P,0.05) and had fewer drinking bouts than controls (P,0.001), regardless of ambient ... Water sprinkling in barns is used to control microclimate resulting in pig body temperature reduction and improved welfare; ... 1. Effects on pig behaviour, gastrointestinal tract temperature and trailer micro-climate. Livestock Science. Published online ...
Uncertain Allies, Book by Mark Del Franco (Mass Market Paperback) | chapters.indigo.ca
Excuse me if Im having a hard time with your credibility."For months now, I had been letting his attitude slide. His father ... Plus, this pit creates its own microclimate. Were out of the wind, so the temperature will scale differently in here.""Isnt ... Witnesses say its like a fast-moving cloud that sweeps up people.""Anyone killed?"Death was only a matter of time in the ... this a bit late for you?" I asked.She scribbled a note on her pad: the time of my arrival and where I entered the pit. "I heard ...
Improving microclimate pays | Beef Magazine
At the same time, its experimenting with G-3, a product that could benefit row crops. That type of product is likely at least ... Improving microclimate pays. The logic Chuck Kupatt lays out is simple. The big opportunity to increase crop yields is in ... Push yields higher: Chuck Kupatt believes products that help plants thrive in their microclimate will be part of the answer to ... Kupatt is chief technology officer for a company called Crop Microclimate Management Inc., known as CMM Inc. So far, the ...
Climate Change-Related Alterations in Spring Onset Timing Linked to Increased Allergic Disease Burden in the US
NIEHS-funded researchers linked changes in the timing of spring onset affected by ongoing climate variability, with increased ... DecNew Microclimate Data Technology Points to Increased Urban Temperatures. *OctCommunity-Based Approach for Reporting Back ... The timing of spring onset can be a sensitive indicator of ecosystem responses to climate variability and change. The study was ... Using national-level data, NIEHS-funded researchers reported that changes in the timing of spring onset is linked to increased ...
Stuart Hardegree : USDA ARS
Hydrothermal indices for classification of seedbed microclimate - (Abstract Only) Hardegree, S.P., Cho, J., Roundy, B., Moffet ... Characterization of within-day beginning times of storms for stochastic simulation - (Peer Reviewed Journal) ... Hydrothermal assessment of temporal variability in seedbed microclimate - (Peer Reviewed Journal) Hardegree, S.P., Cho, J., ... Microclimate constraints and revegetation planning in a variable environment. (abstract) 7th Internation Conference on the ...
Katheryn Winnick brings fighting spirit to 'Vikings' role - Orlando Sentinel
You guys werent roughing it the whole time were you?. It was a tough shoot. The climate is very tricky. They have a lot of ... different micro-climates. You can never tell what youre gonna get in a given day. We were laughing--you have like four ... But I think it all helped with getting into character and really trying to understand who they were and dive into their time ... That probably just only helps as youre getting into character and thinking about these people who lived in really rough times. ...
Part II - COUNTRY REPORTS
No record of any serious sunn pest outbreaks is available after this time. Varietal susceptibility to sunn pest No studies on ... Wheat is produced in regions whose microclimate is favourable to sunn pest. The biology of the pest must be closely studied to ... Damage varies according to population density and the timing of infestation. VARIETAL SENSITIVITY TO SUNN PEST All wheat and ... It was recorded for the first time in 1909 at Muaret Numan, where it caused severe damage. In the spring of 1924, sunn pest ...
Where does the Sun-IBM deal failure leave Sun? | ZDNet
Whats different this time is that Suns top execs seem to have forgotten that were in the middle of a recession. It might be ... because Silicon Valley has its own mental micro-climate. I was there a couple of months back, talking to venture capitalists ... "chief executive officer Jonathan Schwartz and chairman Scott McNealy have contracts that mean they would receive three times ...
bettiweiss | Indiegogo
Real-time SMS, Talk, Share Map W/O Receptions, No Monthly Fees, 100% Waterproof , 4 Mile Range ,SOS ... Evapolar cools, humidifies and cleans the air creating your local perfect microclimate. ... Real-time Tracking. Off-grid Messaging. One-Button SOS. Geofencing. Meshnet. No SIM Card Needed. ... Real-time tire pressure data. First ever slow leak detection. Easy install. ...
TemperatureSoilClimateWarmerHardinessExposuresClimaticSpeciesTemperaturesHumidityThermalVegetationSuitableCaliforniaAtmosphereRespiratoryIncorporateCropApproachesVeggiesUrbanBlanketsFertilizersShadeCreatePlantsWarmAreasWeatherHeat stressFrostEfficiencyLaysPeriods of timeGardenGoodGrowAmountConditionsYardShort timeFactorsWaterSmallImpact on localAreaSimulationDataNatural
- For this, we used three different climatic data sets: (i) the WorldClim dataset (global dataset), (ii) air temperature recorded using data loggers (weather station dataset), and (iii) air crop canopy temperature (microclimate dataset). (frontiersin.org)
- We developed a statistical procedure to calibrate all datasets to monthly and yearly variation in temperatures, while keeping both spatial and temporal variances (air monthly temperature at 1 km² for the WorldClim dataset, air hourly temperature for the weather station, and air minute temperature over 250 m radius disks for the microclimate dataset). (frontiersin.org)
- Temperature probes were buried at the same time and the same depth as the gypsum blocks. (lternet.edu)
- The aim of this study was to observe the effect of sprinkling pigs in trailers on behaviour and body temperature during transport and lairage, as well as to observe the effects on trailer microclimate. (thepigsite.com)
- Senior co-author Professor Gianluca Ranzi, from The University of Sydney, said: "Many studies have investigated and confirmed the health implications of bushfires, as biomass burning is a major source of ambient particulate matter (PM). But underexplored is the impact on local urban microclimates, concerning not just temperature, but factors including solar and UV radiation, relative humidity, wind patterns and gusts, and urban heat island intensity. (eurekalert.org)
- Development time and prey consumption of Scymnus ( Neopullus ) camptodromus Yu and Liu (Coleoptera: Coccinellidae) larvae by instar, strain, and temperature were evaluated. (usda.gov)
- The microclimate is primarily a function of the amount of shading provided by the grape vine canopy as this affects the temperature, light intensity and humidity experienced by the bunch. (aromadictionary.com)
- Deadspace microclimate temperature and humidity were also measured in FFR trials. (cdc.gov)
- Monitoring air temperature and humidity with MicroClimate units in the greenhouse to optimize energy use. (agrisense.io)
- Preventing frost based on local air temperature, humidity and pressure monitoring with MicroClimate units. (agrisense.io)
- The temperature and humidity are constantly maintained to keep the rooms at the microclimate of a natural salt cave. (beliefnet.com)
- Frost-prone and shady areas aren't the only temperature-related microclimates. (maximumyield.com)
- Over time, this can also result in soil salination and loss of agricultural productivity. (innovations-report.com)
- A good, thick stand of wheat, such as this one near McCook provides a warmer microclimate near the soil surface that reduces the potential for freeze injury. (unl.edu)
- Most landscapes have several different microclimates, or combinations of light exposure, soil types, moisture, wind exposure and temperatures. (missouri.edu)
- Some of this variability is not easily ex- plained, but many of the gradational features are understood as consequences of interdependent variations in the geologic, climatic, topographic, and biotic factors that affect soil formation through time. (slideshare.net)
- Identify effects of biochar and other amendments on soil carbon, nitrogen, and micronutrient budgets and water availability over time. (usda.gov)
- Inhabitat spoke with CEO and founder James Rogers about the product, which forms a micro-climate around each piece of food so it lasts around double the amount of time it would untreated - at least. (inhabitat.com)
- It's tempting to want to start gardening, but if you select plants for your zone and plant at the appropriate time for your climate, you'll be more successful. (highcountrygardens.com)
- A large body of literature has recently recognized the role of microclimates in controlling the physiology and ecology of species, yet the relevance of fine-scale climatic data for modeling species performance and distribution remains a matter of debate. (frontiersin.org)
- A microclimate is a location where the prevailing climatic conditions vary slightly from the norm. (maximumyield.com)
- We can now show for the first time that such relationships in the extremely species-rich subtropics and tropics follow their own dynamics. (upi.com)
- After the event, nursery stock from heat-tolerant parents showed two to three times less bleaching across species than nursery stock from less tolerant parents. (pnas.org)
- Such locations provide abundant light, warm microclimate and diverse structure which result in high species diversity. (birdlife.org)
- However, with time the vegetation will develop into scrub and then forest losing a great number of rare and threatened species on the way. (birdlife.org)
- At the same time, there is an opportunity to promote biodiversity of species and habitats that are rare in Germany and across Europe. (birdlife.org)
- In general, higher PM concentration was recorded for night-time and early morning, especially after daytime overheating events (with temperatures above 35°C). We also found that long-transport mechanisms and complex interactions between prevailing and local winds could have played a major role, making it difficult to establish definite correlations between PMs and single environmental parameters. (eurekalert.org)
- Also, these results cannot address the question of whether the recent warming is exceptional over the long term -- borehole temperatures are highly smoothed by diffusion, and the farther back in time, the greater the diffusion. (realclimate.org)
- Your outdoor landscape likely contains a variety of microclimates, where temperatures vary slightly from the norm, which you can use to customize your planting strategies and maybe even broaden your planting options. (maximumyield.com)
- It also aims to Iind out the available methods to increase the outdoor pedestrian thermal comIort level in hot and dry urban microclimates, in addition to understand how CFD simulation method can inIluence the urban space design and planning processes. (scribd.com)
- 2003). Pedestrian satisIaction level with the thermal environment is one oI the important subjective indications that determine the amount oI time to spend in outdoor public spaces. (scribd.com)
- The three best proxies for thermal tolerance were response to experimental heat stress, location on the reef, and thermal microclimate. (pnas.org)
- The increasing number oI buildings in a city, reduction oI vegetation areas and the use oI warm building and ground surIace materials aIIect the conditions oI microclimate in urban spaces, which can inIluence the use oI outdoor space. (scribd.com)
- Regression models that explicitly accounted for a time lag between neighborhood socio-economic characteristics and vegetation response explained more variation in vegetation cover than models that ignored the effects of time. (springer.com)
- Over time, housing density had a positive relationship with vegetation cover, reflecting an increase in vegetation as neighborhoods develop. (springer.com)
- The brushy vegetation there provides a suitable microclimate for these vector ticks as well as food and cover for the animals that serve as hosts for the ticks' subadult stages. (cdc.gov)
- The therapy in the microclimate tunnel is suitable for chronic and chronic respiratory diseases, bronchial asthma, chronic bronchitis, COPD, chronic inflammation of the upper respiratory tract such as nose, throat, larynx, paranasal sinuses, especially if they are due to allergic causes. (bad-bleiberg.at)
- Kupatt is chief technology officer for a company called Crop Microclimate Management Inc., known as CMM Inc. So far, the company has targeted high-value crops, mostly outside the U.S. It's beginning to work in high-value crops in the key growing regions for specialty crops in the U.S., such as California. (beefmagazine.com)
- Monarchs on the west coast find similar conditions, known as a microclimate, in California. (sj-r.com)
- It can be challenging to incorporate microclimate review into a postural and mobility assessment under inevitable clinic time pressures. (medicco.cz)
- It will take a little time to re-do this diagram to incorporate a more accurate cross-section and I'll update this when I get a chance. (climateaudit.org)
- The high variability within and among riparian areas poses challenges in developing efficient sampling and modeling approaches that accurately quantify riparian forest structure and riparian microclimate. (usda.gov)
- That is, one of the most powerful approaches in managing microclimate is the same approach integral in skin management more generally - use of 24-hour program to relieve contact with seating surfaces. (medicco.cz)
- Citizen Science Urban Microclimate Project Pilot Parramatta Jubilee 13th De. (eventbrite.com.au)
- Due to rapid and intensiIied urbanisation in cities, the characteristics oI outdoor urban microclimates have been detrimentally inIluenced, altering the perception and satisIaction oI pedestrians, especially in hot and dry climates. (scribd.com)
- Microclimates in your yard allow you to grow plants that might not otherwise thrive in your zone. (howstuffworks.com)
- Plants have evolved all over the world, adapting over the course of time to local conditions, whether temperate or tropical, wet or dry, loamy or rocky, sunny or shady. (howstuffworks.com)
- Plants may also die if the winter changes from balmy to exceptionally cold in a short period of time. (wikipedia.org)
- These plants have a shorter growing season, and carry out pollination and fruit production within a single, short time frame. (lovetoknow.com)
- The microclimate around plants plays a big part in their final yield. (beefmagazine.com)
- Chuck Kupatt believes products that help plants thrive in their microclimate will be part of the answer to getting higher yields. (beefmagazine.com)
- The microclimate is ideal for some plants that typically suffer in the heat of summer. (latimes.com)
- Mixing ornamentals and vegetables throughout the garden instead of dividing it into separate sections means you'll save time and take advantage of the benefits of companion planting-growing different plants closely that benefit each other. (popularmechanics.com)
- You'll use less water and be able to maintain all the plants in one section at the same time rather than running to the four corners of your garden. (popularmechanics.com)
- This study focuses on the marathon races, which are held outside for a prolonged time, and evaluates the potential heat stress of marathon runners using the COMFA (COMfort FormulA) Human Heat Balance (HBB) Model. (mdpi.com)
- Set up sprinklers well in advance of anticipated heat stress because cattle take time to adapt to changes. (ndsu.edu)
Periods of time1
- While USDA gardening zones give a general indication of planting opportunities and limitations for your region, a good microclimate can often give you some wiggle room within these guidelines. (lovetoknow.com)
- Friday, Feb. 24, and Saturday the 25th, will stick in my memory for a good long time. (mvtimes.com)
- It's also a good time to plant bougainvillea, but investigate any variety you are considering to see if it grows well in your particular microclimate. (latimes.com)
- We develop detectors to localize cold air pools in both time and space, and carry out simulation studies to assess their performance under different microclimatic and sensor-performance conditions. (oregonstate.edu)
- Think of indoor gardening as a premier, man-made microclimate, a limited area within a larger locale where somewhat different atmospheric conditions are in effect. (maximumyield.com)
- For each case of cooling vests, and supplying water through the CCBA masks, were inves- heat illness, many cases of impairments to judgment and reaction times tigated. (cdc.gov)
- Evaluate your water supply lines and ensure you have sufficient water pressure and flow capacity to keep troughs full during times of peak water consumption. (ndsu.edu)
- Fill it twice each time you water. (latimes.com)
- Sow or sod lawns Kids, dogs and lack of water can leave bald spots in lawns, and this month is the perfect time to try a patch or repair. (latimes.com)
Impact on local1
- Worth noting is that while some tree rings are used (which can't be avoided, as there simply aren't any other data for some time periods), the reconstruction relies equally on coral records, which are not subject to the same potential (though often-overstated) issues at low frequencies. (realclimate.org)
- Data were analyzed by two-way (Trials x Time) repeated measures ANOVA. (cdc.gov)