Textbooks as Topic
Systematic identification, development, organization, or utilization of educational resources and the management of these processes. It is occasionally used also in a more limited sense to describe the use of equipment-oriented techniques or audiovisual aids in educational settings. (Thesaurus of ERIC Descriptors, December 1993, p132)
Programmed Instruction as Topic
Education, Medical, Undergraduate
An organized and comprehensive program of health care that identifies and reduces a woman's reproductive risks before conception through risk assessment, health promotion, and interventions. Preconception care programs may be designed to include the male partner in providing counseling and educational information in preparation for fatherhood, such as genetic counseling and testing, financial and family planning, etc. This concept is different from PRENATAL CARE, which occurs during pregnancy.
American Cancer Society
Equilibrative-Nucleoside Transporter 2
Equilibrative Nucleoside Transport Proteins
United Arab Emirates
A federation of seven states on the southeast portion of the Arabian peninsula: Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, Sharjah and Umm al-Qaiwain. In 1820 a treaty of peace was concluded between Great Britain and native rulers. During the 19th century the rulers agreed to suppression of the slave trade and restriction of foreign relations to Great Britain. The Trucial Council was established in 1952 and defense treaties with Great Britain terminated. In 1971 an independent six-member federation was formed, with Ras al-Khaimah joining the federation in 1972. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p1250)
Paradigms in epidemiology textbooks: in the footsteps of Thomas Kuhn. (1/118)This article attempts to contribute to the debate on the future of epidemiology by combining Thomas Kuhn's ideas on scientific paradigms with the author's observations on some epidemiology textbooks. The author's interpretations were based on his readings of Kuhn's The Structure of Scientific Revolutions, epidemiology textbooks, and papers on the future of epidemiology. Thomas Kuhn's view is that sciences mostly work with a single paradigm driven by exemplars of successful work, and that proposals for paradigm change are resisted. Sciences that are maturing or changing do not have a dominant paradigm. Epidemiology textbooks showed diversity in their concepts, content, and approach. Most exemplars related to etiologic research rather than public health practice. One key focus of the recent controversy regarding the role of epidemiology has been the increasing inability of epidemiology to solve socially based public health problems. Kuhn's views help explain the polarization of views expressed. Kuhn's philosophy of science offers insights into controversies such as whether a paradigm shift is needed or imminent and the gap between epidemiology and public health practice. Interaction between science philosophers, epidemiologists, and public health practitioners may be valuable. (+info)
Did Osler suffer from "paranoia antitherapeuticum baltimorensis"? A comparative content analysis of The Principles and Practice of Medicine and Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, 11th edition. (2/118)One of the most important legacies of Sir William Osler was his textbook The Principles and Practice of Medicine. A common criticism of the book when it was first published was its deficiency in the area of therapeutics. In this article, the 1st edition of The Principles and Practice of Medicine is compared with the 11th edition of Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. The analysis focuses on the treatment recommendations for 4 conditions that were covered in both books (diabetes mellitus, ischemic heart disease, pneumonia and typhoid fever). Osler's textbook dealt with typhoid fever and pneumonia at greater length, whereas Harrison's placed more emphasis on diabetes mellitus and ischemic heart disease. Notwithstanding Osler's reputation as a therapeutic nihilist, the 2 books devoted equivalent space to treatment (in terms of proportion of total sentences for the conditions). For all conditions except ischemic heart disease, Osler concentrated on general measures and symptomatic care. Throughout Osler's textbook numerous negative comments are made about the medicinal treatment of various conditions. A more accurate statement about Osler's therapeutic approach was that he was a "medicinal nihilist." His demand for proof of efficacy before use of a medication remains relevant. (+info)
Influence of the Digital Anatomist Foundational Model on traditional representations of anatomical concepts. (3/118)A principled and logical representation of the structure of the human body has led to conflicts with traditional representations of the same knowledge by anatomy textbooks. The examples which illustrate resolution of these conflicts suggest that stricter requirements must be met for semantic consistency, expressivity and specificity by knowledge sources intended to support inference than by textbooks and term lists. These next-generation resources should influence traditional concept representation, rather than be constrained by convention. (+info)
Knowledge requirements for automated inference of medical textbook markup. (4/118)Indexing medical text in journals or textbooks requires a tremendous amount of resources. We tested two algorithms for automatically indexing nouns, noun-modifiers, and noun phrases, and inferring selected binary relations between UMLS concepts in a textbook of infectious disease. Sixty-six percent of nouns and noun-modifiers and 81% of noun phrases were correctly matched to UMLS concepts. Semantic relations were identified with 100% specificity and 94% sensitivity. For some medical sub-domains, these algorithms could permit expeditious generation of more complex indexing. (+info)
Automation and integration of components for generalized semantic markup of electronic medical texts. (5/118)Our group has built an information retrieval system based on a complex semantic markup of medical textbooks. We describe the construction of a set of web-based knowledge-acquisition tools that expedites the collection and maintenance of the concepts required for text markup and the search interface required for information retrieval from the marked text. In the text markup system, domain experts (DEs) identify sections of text that contain one or more elements from a finite set of concepts. End users can then query the text using a predefined set of questions, each of which identifies a subset of complementary concepts. The search process matches that subset of concepts to relevant points in the text. The current process requires that the DE invest significant time to generate the required concepts and questions. We propose a new system--called ACQUIRE (Acquisition of Concepts and Queries in an Integrated Retrieval Environment)--that assists a DE in two essential tasks in the text-markup process. First, it helps her to develop, edit, and maintain the concept model: the set of concepts with which she marks the text. Second, ACQUIRE helps her to develop a query model: the set of specific questions that end users can later use to search the marked text. The DE incorporates concepts from the concept model when she creates the questions in the query model. The major benefit of the ACQUIRE system is a reduction in the time and effort required for the text-markup process. We compared the process of concept- and query-model creation using ACQUIRE to the process used in previous work by rebuilding two existing models that we previously constructed manually. We observed a significant decrease in the time required to build and maintain the concept and query models. (+info)
The race of the millennium: CD-ROM versus the textbook. (6/118)OBJECTIVE: To determine whether CD-ROMs are as fast as everyone thinks they are. METHODS: A grand contest between 2 textbooks and their electronic versions, held with the help of 10 victims. RESULTS AND INTERPRETATION: We can't be expected to tell you that now. You'll have to read the paper. (+info)
Brandon/Hill selected list of print books and journals in allied health. (7/118)This list of 424 books and 77 journals is intended as a selection guide for print literature to be used in a library supporting allied health educational programs or allied health personnel in either an academic or health care setting. Because of the impossibility of covering the large number and wide variety of allied health professions and occupations, the recommended publications are focused primarily on the educational programs listed and recognized by the American Medical Association and other accrediting bodies. Books and journals are categorized by subject; the book list is followed by an author/editor index, and the subject list of journals by an alphabetical title listing. Items suggested for initial purchase (167 books and 31 journals) are indicated by asterisks. To purchase the entire collection of books and journals (2000 subscriptions) would require an expenditure of about $31,970. The cost of only the asterisked items totals $12,515. (+info)
Evolution of microbiology as seen in the textbooks of Edwin O. Jordan and William H. Park. (8/118)Historians of science account the appearance of textbooks as an important step in the formation and consolidation of a new discipline. The texts of Park and Jordan were both very important in this light; however; they also can be used as a gauge of changing concepts within microbiology in the first four decades after its consolidation as a discipline, 1900-1940. This paper tracks these important texts and through them changing attitudes toward several important concepts: bacterial variation, human/bovine tuberculosis, and the existence of a non-symptomatic carrier state in infectious disease. The two texts are also compared regarding their view of microbes as pathogens vs. microbes as important and ubiquitous ecological agents. (+info)
Buy Cheap Medical Textbooks Online | Medical Textbook Rentals
Medical Textbooks are an important part of every medical degree program, but these may be expensive to acquire. Find out how to get cheap medical books here.
Advanced Textbook on Gene Transer, Gene Therapy and Genetic by Daniel Scherman - Novoline Library
Indd 41 11/8/2013 12:05:31 PM B1574 Advanced Textbook on Gene Transfer, Gene Therapy and Genetic Pharmacology 42 Advanced Textbook on Gene Transfer, Gene Therapy and Genetic Pharmacology cause a reduction in expression if there are six to seven consecutive matches between the 5 end of siRNA guide strand and the off-target mRNA sequence. Some rules now included in web software for design of siRNA sequences attempt to ensure that this partial complementarity is avoided. The most critical non-sequence-specific effect of siRNAs is the induction of the immune response. 3 Non-target-related effects Unexpected effects of antisense oligonucleotides and more specifically oligophosphorothioates, unrelated to their RNA binding, have been described. These nonantisense effects can be both non-sequence-specific (resulting from the polyanionic nature of the oligonucleotides) or sequence specific. The non-antisense effects have been mainly described with unmodified oligonucleotides and with ...
Textbook of Biochemistry - Wikipedia
Textbook of Biochemistry, first published in 1928, is scientific textbook authored by Alexander Thomas Cameron. The textbook became a standard of its field, and, by 1948, had gone through six editions, in addition to one Chinese and two Spanish editions. Textbook of Biochemistry consists entirely of lecture manuscripts given by the author, Alexander Thomas Cameron, over several years. Cameron had lectured at the University of Manitoba since 1909, but was never a fluent speaker. To compensate for this, he would write out his lectures in full. Cameron was encouraged by students and friends to submit his lecture manuscripts for publication. The textbooks first edition was published with a preface by Swale Vincent, Professor of Physiology at the University of London. Textbook of Biochemistry is divided into the following chapters: Introduction Introduction to the concept of biochemistry, and a review of catalytic reactions and pH. Food-Stuffs, Their Derivatives and Related Substances. Ideas ...
TEA stifles public review of textbooks - San Antonio Express-News
Parents have a right, even an obligation, to participate in their childrens education, but in Texas, the Texas Education Agency and major textbook publishers are blocking parents from having a voice in what the students are taught. By June 17, only 13 of the 62 social studies textbooks were made available to the public. [...] by November, the state will have had six months to consider these textbooks. According to the SBOE, the textbooks that cannot be accessed online are available at local Educational Service Centers, or ESCs. There is no way to responsibly evaluate a textbook from the confines of a distant ESC. [...] at least one major publisher, Pearson, has not made textbooks available at all, but has instead provided only disordered excerpts that correlate to the state standards.
Cheap Horses, | Buy or Rent Cheap Textbooks | Sell Textbooks | Textbook Buyback | Compare New and Used Textbook Prices |...
Buy cheap college textbooks by comparing prices with BIGWORDS.com. Save $1,000/yr finding the best prices to buy, sell, or rent textbooks anywhere online. BIGWORDS.com is the best way to buy or sell textbooks, DVDs, video games, and music.
Cheap Burn Care, First Aid | Buy or Rent Cheap Textbooks | Sell Textbooks | Textbook Buyback | Compare New and Used Textbook...
Buy cheap college textbooks by comparing prices with BIGWORDS.com. Save $1,000/yr finding the best prices to buy, sell, or rent textbooks anywhere online. BIGWORDS.com is the best way to buy or sell textbooks, DVDs, video games, and music.
List of medical textbooks - Wikipedia
This is a list of medical textbooks, manuscripts, and reference works. Ramesseum medical papyri (c. 1800 BC) Kahun Gynaecological Papyrus (c. 1800 BC) London Medical Papyrus (c. 1600 BC) Ebers Papyrus (c. 1550 BC) Edwin Smith Papyrus (c. 1500 BC) - Earliest mention of the brain; the pulse; the role of the heart in circulating blood, but not complete circulation. It is the worlds oldest surgical textbook, containing descriptions of the zygomatic bone, dura mater, cerebrospinal fluid, and nasal cavity. Brugsch Papyrus (c. 1200 BC) Hippocratic Corpus (c. 400 BC to 200 AD) - Contains many important medical treatises including the Hippocratic Oath. Compared with the Egyptian papyri, the Hippocratic writings exhibit an improved understanding of brain structure and function. It correctly attributed the primary control of the bodys function to the brain. Galenic corpus (c. 200 BC) De Materia Medica (Dioscorides) (c. 50 AD) Medical Compendium in Seven Books (c. 600 AD) Huangdi Neijing (c. 300 BC) - ...
South Korean publishers forced to remove examples of evolution from school textbooks | Daily Mail Online
The Society for Textbook Revise ran a petition to apply pressure on publishers in South Korea to take out mentions of the evolution of the horse and of the Archaeopteryx - an ancestor of modern day birds - from secondary school textbooks last month.
Leicester Research Archive: Teacher and learner perceptions of ELT textbooks in Hong Kong secondary schools
The study aims to explore the textbooks from the perspectives of teachers and learners at the three key stages of the English curriculum in Hong Kong secondary schools in terms of suitability and parameters. Suitability depends on the perceptions of the users (e.g. learners and teachers) regarding their needs, pedagogy and language use and the goals established by the government English curriculum. The method used is based on a Textbook Evaluation Model (TEM), which establishes the parameters (prescriptive, chronological, psychological and sociological) and emphasises the importance of exploring the variables affecting textbook suitability in the Hong Kong context. Previous research studies on the suitability of textbooks in general are controversial. As a consequence, this thesis attempts to answer some of these criticisms by showing how teacher and learner variables contribute to the concept of textbook suitability. This is all closely allied to the consideration of the parameters and the ...
Shut Eye Gone Awry Better Sleep, Better Life (part 3 of a 3 part series) - Direct Textbook
Shop for textbooks. Search 200+ online bookstores at once. Compare prices and find coupons for new textbooks, used textbooks, rental textbooks, college textbooks and ebooks. Blog
Shut Eye Gone Awry - How Sleep Loss Affects You (part 1 of a 3 part series) - Direct Textbook
Shop for textbooks. Search 200+ online bookstores at once. Compare prices and find coupons for new textbooks, used textbooks, rental textbooks, college textbooks and ebooks. Blog
textbook online - textbook online online Wholesalers
textbook online & textbook online online Wholesalers - choose textbook online from 172 list of China textbook online Manufacturers.
The concept of the Living Textbook of Hand Surgery | Publisso
Hand surgery is based on highly specialized surgical education, research and discussions. In some fields diagnostic and therapeutic aspects are changing rather fast. Conventional textbooks therefore have to be revised after some years and to be published again. They are quite expensive and difficult to get at many parts of the world.. On the other hand we have a cheap and well-working platform, which is available nearly everywhere worldwide - the Internet. This platform should - in the idea of OPEN ACCESS - not be only another plain for conventional publishing. It implies the chance for a free textbook combined with many graphs, photos and video. Everybody with internet access has the possibility to use this book without any restrictions and to copy, reuse, modify and spread the material in the sense of OPEN EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES by addressing the author and the source.. The Living Textbook of Hand Surgery is a comprehensive open access textbook on hand surgery in English language. The aim is to ...
Book Chapters - Alzheimers Research & Prevention Foundation
Khalsa, DS. New Developments in the Prevention and Reversal of Memory Loss. In: Advances in Anti-Aging Medicine, a medical textbook, co-publication of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine and Mary Ann Liebert publisher, 1996. Khalsa, DS. Complementary Medical Approach to Memory Loss. In: The Science of Anti-Aging Medicine medical textbook by the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, 1996. Moyers, B ARPF was featured in the book Body & Soul: Aging Well, Memory and Movement - , 2000. Khalsa, DS. Alzheimers Disease. In: Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Rehabilitation, medical textbook by Eric Leskowitz, M.D, 2003. Khalsa, DS. Alzheimers Disease. In: Integrative Medicine medical textbook, First Edition, by David Rakel, M.D, 2003. Khalsa, DS. An Integrative Medical Approach to Alzheimers Disease. In: The Psychospiritual Clinicians Handbook: Alternative Methods for Understanding and Treating Mental Disorders, 2005.. Khalsa, DS. Alzheimers Disease. In: Integrative Medicine ...
MedTutor.com - Medical Education, Medical Textbooks - Online Interactive Educational Resources for Med Students, Nurses,...
MedTutor.com provides medical students, nurses, physicians, and health professionals with an integrated approach to teaching,learning, and studying medicine by combining online interactive educational resources with medical textbooks and posters for medical and health related subjects such as Anatomy,Medical Terminology, and more.
Influenza Book | A Medical Textbook, 225 pages
A medical textbook that provides a comprehensive overview of epidemic and pandemic influenza - by Bernd Sebastian Kamps, Christian Hoffmann, and Wolfgang Preiser (editors)
Human anatomy physiology textbooks documents
Human anatomy and physiology human anatomy and physiology anat 150 syllabus anatomy... textbooks: required: 1. marieb, elaine n. 1998. 5 th ed. human anatomy and physiology.Saunders textbooks on anatomy and ... 6.00 vol. 91, no. 2357 single copies,.15 saunders textbooks on anatomy and physiology williams... crandalls human physiology second edition! - elementary human physiology...
Donald School Textbook of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (Third Edition) by Frank A. Chervenak,Asim Kurjak: Jaypee...
The third edition of Donald School Textbook of Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology has been fully updated to present the most recent information on the role of ultrasound in the care of pregnant women. Edited by experts from leading international medical centres, the book begins with an introduction to ultrasound, then goes on to describe its uses and interpretation in obstetrics and gynaecology. Table Of Contents Section 1: General Aspects Safety of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology Development of 3D Ultrasound Artifacts, Pitfalls and Normal Variants Routine Use of Obstetric Ultrasound Medicolegal Issues in Obstetric and Gynecologic Ultrasound Section 2: Obstetrics Fetal and Maternal Physiology and Ultrasound Diagnosis Ultrasound Markers of Implantation Normal and Abnormal Early Pregnancy Ectopic Pregnancy: Diagnosing and Treating the Challenge Sonographic Determination of Gestational Age Trophoblastic Diseases First-Trimester Ultrasound Screening for Fetal Anomalies Fetal Anatomical ...
Indian school textbook says meat-eaters lie and commit sex crimes - Slashdot
Meat-eaters easily cheat, lie, forget promises and commit sex crimes, according to a controversial school textbook available in India. New Healthway, a book on hygiene and health aimed at 11 and 12 year-olds, is printed by one of Indias leading publishers. This is poisonous for children, Jana...
The Status of the Concepts Hereditary Trait and Phenotype in Secondary School Textbooks
In this time of rapid genetic knowledge development, students genetic understanding is still problematic in secondary education. The current emphasis in genetics education on Mendelian segregation and single-gene inheritance models lacks the richness of todays scientific understanding and may lead to a poor understanding of genetics and a deterministic view ... read more on genetics. Many factors in this problem have been identified, but it is likely that also student understanding of the genetic concepts hereditary traits and phenotype is problematic and much narrower than in biological science. Textbooks are an important factor contributing to students understanding. In this study, the two major Dutch secondary school biology textbooks were analysed and use of the terms hereditary traits and phenotype was classified according to six categories in which the concepts were expected to differ from scientific use. It was found that only part of the aspects of these concepts as described in the ...
Texas Textbook Review
One of the areas for reform is in the ways textbooks are written. A major purchaser of textbooks is the State of Texas, whose standards for acceptance have a large influence on the way textbooks are written that are sold to other states. Here are a few documents that indicate the problem and possible solutions. ...
Core Electronic Textbooks
Link to some of the most popular electronic textbooks on various subjects below. Or, search all electronic books available to MU Libraries ...
Family Physicians and End-of-Life Care - Letters to the Editor - American Family Physician
to the editor: The article, End-of-Life Care Content in 50 Textbooks from Multiple Specialties in a recent issue of JAMA1 concluded that top selling medical textbooks offered little helpful information on caring for patients at the end of life. The authors reported that family medicine, geriatrics and psychiatry textbooks have the greatest volume of helpful content on end-of-life (EOL) care. One third of the chapters in family medicine textbooks were found to have helpful content on EOL care, and 20 percent were considered to have minimal content, while 45 percent had no content. Geriatrics and psychiatry textbooks had a similar pattern.. This same study1 found that family medicine textbooks had better content in chapters on Alzheimers disease, death and dying, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, compared with chapters on lung cancer, coronary artery disease and cerebrovascular accident. Chapters in family medicine textbooks on trauma, leukemia and adult respiratory distress syndrome ...
SOT Students -How to Order Textbooks - CSB/SJU
You will need to reference your schedule when purchasing your books online.. 1. Click on the bookstore website: http://bookstore.csbsju.edu/sjub/. 2. Click on Textbooks in the left sidebar & buy textbooks.. 3. Select the term -SPRING 2018 SOT SJU 4. Select the department, course number and section number from the dropdown menu. Click add course to list.. 5. Continue adding courses, then click get your books. Select your preference for textbook type (new, used, or rental if available) for the books for each course. When done, click add selected books to cart.. 6. Review the contents of your cart - select the Checkout box.. 7. Next, you will need to either log in to your account or create a new account. If you have not ordered from our website previously you will need to create an account. When all the fields are completed, click on create my account.. 8. Review your order and your preferences for substitutions. Read the Textbook Agreement and click I agree to continue.. 9. At the ...
Textbook on Clinical Research: A Guide for Aspiring Professionals and Professionals With CD-ROM, Pharma Med Press, 9789381075050
9789381075050, Textbook on Clinical Research: A Guide for Aspiring Professionals and Professionals With CD-ROM, Pharma Med Press, The book provides the basic concepts of clinical research relating to clinical trials, bioavailability and bioequivalence stu
2013 textbooks | Physiology Educational Research Consortium
6 Biology, Canisius College, Buffalo, NY Physiology faculty regard homeostasis as one of the core concepts their students should understand and be able to apply. We asked how 10 commonly used undergraduate physiology and biology textbooks introduce and use this core concept. We evaluated these textbooks to answer a number of questions: (1) do they contain an identifiable introductory section on homeostasis, (2) is this initial description (terms and figures) complete and accurate, (3) to what extent are the same terms and similar figures used in different textbooks, and (4) do subsequent chapters apply the ideas about homeostasis. Two preliminary findings are of interest. First, the language used to talk about homeostasis is inconsistent, even in the same textbook, often confusing and sometimes incorrect. Second, even when a suitable description of homeostasis is present, the same language and diagram(s) may not be used to reinforce student learning in describing homeostasis in organ system ...
AN ANALYSIS OF PLANT BLINDNESS IN TURKISH TEXTBOOKS USED AT THE BASIC EDUCATION LEVEL | Journal of Baltic Science Education
The importance of plants is not as clearly understood as that of animals. This lack of attention is called plant blindness and is considered one of the most important problems in biology education. Textbooks do not put much emphasis on plants and, therefore, they may contribute to plant blindness. In this research, ten textbooks used for teaching at the basic education level in Turkey were analyzed for plant blindness using the document analysis method. The words and photographs associated with plants and animals were analyzed. The data analysis did not find any evidence that could lead to a conclusion of plant blindness based on the text and photos of these textbooks. However, if the number of plant and animal species covered is increased, and more words and photos are used to introduce these species, children will become more familiar with plants and animals. Besides textbooks, other educational tools can be analyzed in terms of plant blindness to expand on the related literature.. ...
Medical Entomology: A Textbook on Public Health and Veterinary Problems Caused by Arthropods Softcover reprint of the original...
This book is designed primarily as a textbook for graduate and postgraduate courses in Medical, Public Health and Veterinary Entomology. Its uniqueness is that its emphasis is on disease as opposed to arthropods. It includes general discussions of epidemiology, transmission, disease control, vector control and disease surveillance. In addition, it contains chapters oriented towards the many specific arthropod-borne diseases. Furthermore, the book discusses the many direct impacts that parasitic insects have on human and animal health. The arthropods themselves are dealt with in two introductory chapters.Medical Entomology: A Textbook on Public Health and Veterinary Problems Caused by Arthropods, Softcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2000 was published 2000 under ISBN 9780792363217 and ISBN 0792363213. [read more] ...
Oxford Textbook of Movement Disorders (Oxford Textbooks in Clinical Neurology) - 9780199609536 | SlugBooks
Compare cheapest textbook prices for Oxford Textbook of Movement Disorders (Oxford Textbooks in Clinical Neurology), David Burn - 9780199609536. Find the lowest prices on SlugBooks
1416024735 isbn/isbn13 $$ Compare Prices at 110 Bookstores! Murray and Nadels Textbook of Respiratory Medicine e-dition: Text...
1416024735 Murray and Nadels Textbook of Respiratory Medicine e-dition: Text with Continually Updated Online Reference (Textbook of Respiratory Medicine (Murray)),books, textbooks, text book
INORGANIC CHEMISTRY TEXTBOOK PDF DOWNLOADEN
Topics include principles of structure, bonding, and chemical reactivity with application. 779 likes · 8 talking about this. inorganic chemistry textbook I am looking for a good basic / foundation textbook for inorganic chemistry…. Now in its fourth edition, Housecroft & Sharpes Inorganic Chemistry is a well-respected and leading international textbook. ...
HsBookStore.com: Online Shopping for Medical Books,Textbooks,Scrubs,Medical Devices,Stethoscopes,Books,Nursing,Pharmacy,sutures...
Professional medical textbooks for the medical, dental, nursing, and other health professional fields.Low prices.A wide selection of books, TextBooks, Books, Medical Devices, Stethoscopes, scrubs, Medical Diagnostic Kits, Suture, Otoscope, Ophthalmoscope, penlights, Blood Pressure Monitors, Clipboardstools.
William A. Hinton: The first African American to author a medical textbook | Kentake Page
William Augustus Hinton was the first Black professor at Harvard Medical School and the first African American to publish an academic textbook. As a bacteriologist, pathologist and educator, he was a pioneer in the field of public health and earned an international reputation as a medical researcher with his work on the detection and treatment of syphilis and other sexually transmitted diseases. Hinton developed a test for syphilis, which, because of its accuracy was used by the United States Public Health Service. William Augustus Hinton was born on December 15, 1883 in Chicago. He grew up in Kansas and became the youngest student to ever graduate from Kansas City High School. After high school, he studied at the University of Kansas, completing the three-year premed program in two years. Hinton continued undergraduate studies at Harvard, receiving a bachelors degree there in 1905.. Hinton worked for a time in a law office, and then taught science at Waldo University in Tennessee before ...
0198131992 isbn/isbn13 $$ Compare Prices at 110 Bookstores! Textbook of Syrian Semitic Inscriptions: Volume 3: Phoenician...
0198131992 Textbook of Syrian Semitic Inscriptions: Volume 3: Phoenician Inscriptions, Including Inscriptions in the Mixed Dialect of Arslan Tash,books, textbooks, text book
ERIC - Textbook Treatments of Electrostatic Potential Maps in General and Organic Chemistry, Journal of Chemical Education,...
Electrostatic potential maps (EPMs) allow for representation of key molecular-level information in a relatively simple and inexpensive format. As these visualizations become more prevalent in instruction, it is important to determine how students are exposed to them and supported in their use. A systematic review of current general and organic chemistry textbooks (N = 45) determined how frequently EPMs were presented in texts, how well distributed EPMs were across chapters, whether EPMs were included in end-of-chapter problems, and the types of conceptual instructional support provided to students when first exposed to them. Analysis demonstrated great variance in the use of EPMs. Most, but not all, textbooks presented at least one image, yet the prevalence and integration across texts varied greatly, owing in part to content differences between general and organic texts. Many texts provided minimal conceptual support and did not include EPMs in end-of-chapter problem sets. Overall,
Textbook of Oral Medicine 3rd Edition Read & Download Online - libribook
Textbook of Oral Medicine 3rd Edition Read & Download - By Anil Govindrao Ghom, Savita Anil Ghom Textbook of Oral Medicine This new edition has been fully revised to bring dental students fully up to date with the latest - Read Online Books at libribook.com
Studyguide for Work Motivation in Organizational Behavior by Pinder, Craig C., ISBN 9780805856040, Cram101 Textbook Reviews...
Fishpond New Zealand, Studyguide for Work Motivation in Organizational Behavior by Pinder, Craig C., ISBN 9780805856040 by Cram101 Textbook Reviews Cram101 Textbook ReviewsBuy . Books online: Studyguide for Work Motivation in Organizational Behavior by Pinder, Craig C., ISBN 9780805856040, 2010, Fishpond.co.nz
Textbook of Preclinical Conservative Dentistry (pdf)
Textbook of Preclinical Conservative Dentistry It gives me great pleasure to write a foreword to the Textbook of Preclinical Conservative Dentistry. Preclinical Conservative Dentistry has assumed a lot of significance with relevance to the rapid progress made in dental materials and instruments.
Textbook of Nephrology for the Asian Pacific Physicians, Principles and Practice of Pediatric Nephrology, Principles and...
Textbook of Nephrology for the Asian Pacific Physicians, Principles and Practice of Pediatric Nephrology, Principles and Practice of Pediatric, Buy Principles and Practice of Pediatric Nephrology, Textbook of Nephrology for the Asian Pacific Physicians, Principles and Practice of Pediatric Nephrology, Principles and Practice of Pediatric, Practice of Pediatric Nephrology,
CECIL TEXTBOOK OF MEDICINE 24TH EDITION PDF FREE DOWNLOAD
Jews and wars. We provide excellent essay writing service 24/7. We provide excellent essay writing service 24/7. Case Against Judaism. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a cecil textbook of medicine 24th edition pdf free download type of obstructive lung disease characterized by long-term breathing problems and poor airflow Sports journalists and bloggers covering NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MMA, college football and basketball, NASCAR, fantasy sports and more. CECIL TEXTBOOK DOWNLOAD 24TH OF PDF MEDICINE FREE EDITION ...
Career Development for Health Professionals Textbook at University of South Florida | usforacle
Find Career Development for Health Professionals Textbook at University of South Florida (usforacle), along with other Textbooks in Tampa, Florida.
Guyton Physiology: Guyton and Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology - Payhip
Description: Guyton and Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology 13th Edition By John E. HallThe 13th edition of Guyton and Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology continues this bestselling titles long tradition as the worlds foremost medical physiology textboo...
Sell Computer Simulation of Solids Textbook (ISBN# 3540115889) at University of South Florida | usforacle
Sell Computer Simulation of Solids Textbook (ISBN# 3540115889) at University of South Florida and other usforacle textbooks published by Springer and written by C R a Catlow, C. R. A. Catlow, W C Mackrodt, W. C. Mackrodt
Introductory Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics | Textbooks & Solutions Manual
Textbooks and Solutions Manual. Find interactive solution manuals to the most popular college math, physics, science, and engineering textbooks. No printed PDFs!
Total Quality Management Textbook at University of Bridgeport | The Scribe
Find Total Quality Management Textbook at University of Bridgeport (The Scribe), along with other Textbooks in Bridgeport, Connecticut.
Sell Total Quality Management and Operational Excellence Textbook (ISBN# 0415635500) at University of Bridgeport | The Scribe
Sell Total Quality Management and Operational Excellence Textbook (ISBN# 0415635500) at University of Bridgeport and other The Scribe textbooks published by Routledge and written by John S. Oakland, John Oakland, Mike Turner, Rob Oakland
Health Psychology, 6th Edition (Textbook Only) - 9780070615694 | SlugBooks
Compare cheapest textbook prices for Health Psychology, 6th Edition (Textbook Only), Shelley E Taylor - 9780070615694. Find the lowest prices on SlugBooks
12.477 Astrobiology, Origins and Early Evolution of Life (New) - MIT Textbooks
Buy and sell both new and used textbooks for 12.477 Astrobiology, Origins and Early Evolution of Life (New) at MIT Textbooks. Provides an understanding of major areas of research into the problem of the origin of life on the early Earth from an astrobiological perspective....
Palestinian Authority Textbook Calls for Jihad and Martyrdom [Archive] - World Affairs Board
Palestinian Authority Textbook Calls for Jihad and Martyrdom Following the Oslo Accords, the Palestinian Authority began to devise new schoolbooks that showed a relative change in content and direction. MEMRIs 2001 study of Palestinian schoolbooks, Narrating Palestinian Nationalism, found that the Palestinian textbooks produced after Oslo reflected a general attempt to lessen the virulence of anti-Israel venom, as direct incitement significantly declined while a serious effort was made
7.29 Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology - MIT Textbooks
Buy and sell both new and used textbooks for 7.29 Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology at MIT Textbooks. Introduction to the structure and function of the nervous system. Emphasizes the cellular properties of neurons and other excitable cells. Includes...
CHAPTER 85 FUNCTIONS OF NATURAL KILLER CELLS | Free Medical Textbook
CHAPTER 85 FUNCTIONS OF NATURAL KILLER CELLS Williams Hematology CHAPTER 85 FUNCTIONS OF NATURAL KILLER CELLS GIORGIO TRINCHIERI LEWIS L. LANIER Identification and Definition of Natural Killer Cells Definition Morphology Origin and Tissue Distribution Mechanisms of Natural Killer Cell Functions Cell-Mediated Cytotoxicity Production of Cytokines Physiologic Roles of Natural Killer Cells Natural Resistance Regulation of…
CHAPTER 108 WALDENSTRÖM MACROGLOBULINEMIA | Free Medical Textbook
CHAPTER 108 WALDENSTRÖM MACROGLOBULINEMIA Williams Hematology CHAPTER 108 WALDENSTRÖM MACROGLOBULINEMIA THOMAS J. KIPPS Definition and History Lymphoplasmacytic Neoplasms B-Lymphocytic Neoplasms Essential Monoclonal Macroglobulinemia Etiology and Pathogenesis Etiology Pathogenesis Clinical Features The Hyperviscosity Syndrome Laboratory Findings Serum Immunoglobulin and Blood Viscosity Blood and Marrow Cells Disorders of Hemostasis Renal Abnormalities Differential Diagnosis Therapy, Course, and Prognosis…
Medical Textbook Donation<...
Donate ophthalmology, optometry, or visual health related educational resources and strengthen eye health medical libraries in developing countries!
Physics in Higher Education V. 21, 4, 2015
2 MSPU, Russia, Moscow, M. Pirogovskaya Str., 1/1, 119991; e-mail: [email protected] Received October 20, 2015 PACS 01.40.Di 01.40.Fk 01.40.gb 01.40.Ha Here we describe the problems related to the formation of evolutionary worldview in university students. The results of the school textbooks analysis are presented. It is shown that in the school curriculum the least attention is devoted to the cosmological, stellar, galactic and prebiotic evolution. The results of the survey among students of two Russian universities are presented, which indicate correlation of residual knowledge about the evolution and the amount of information given in school textbooks, are presented. The plan of the evolutionary worldview formation is proposed. It includes review and actualization of the facts concerning evolution in chronological order, introduction of the concept of self-organization, formation of the conception of self-formation is the basis to explain the global evolution of the Universe and the ...
WebAssign - Organic Chemistry 1st edition
The WebAssign questions for this textbook are from a collection of questions developed by Dr. Kay Sandberg, an award winning organic chemistry instructor at North Carolina State University. These questions, covering the main topics in organic chemistry, have been correlated as closely as possible to the appropriate chapters in this textbook. This independent question collection provides a more secure solution to online homework for organic chemistry, since most organic chemistry textbook questions have detailed solutions published in the accompanying student solution guide. However, because these questions were not originally written for this textbook, it is recommended that you check each assigned problem to see if the material required for completing the question has been covered in your class. The question set has been extensively class-tested in large enrollment courses at NC State ...
Written By Johanna Ahola-Launonen. University of Helsinki. In bioethical discussion, it is often debated whether or not some studies espouse genetic determinism. A recent study by Tuomas Aivelo and Anna Uitto give important insight to the matter. They studied main genetics education textbooks used in Finnish upper secondary school curricula and compared the results to other similar studies from e.g. Swedish and English textbooks. The authors found that gene models used in the textbooks are based on old Mendelian law-based gene models not compatible with current knowledge on gene-gene-environment-interaction. The authors also identified several types of genetic determinism, that is, weak determinism and strong determinism, which both were present in the textbooks. The somewhat intuitive remark is that genetic education has to have a strong trickle-down effect on how people understand genes, and that we should be careful not to maintain these flawed conceptions. Furthermore, it would be ...
Deep Roots: A New Textbook on Church Planting
Does Jesus of Nazareth need a good publicist? Could the Great Commission use a little marketing help? In his latest book, theologian, educator, and pastor, Dr. Michael A. Milton (Ph.D., Wales; MPA, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill) contends that church planting is a preacher on fire with the reality of the risen Christ. Drawing more that fifty principles for church planting directly from his exposition of St. Pauls message to Pastor Timothy at Ephesus (1&2 Timothy) Milton advances a Biblically faithful, vocationally satisfying, and practically effective framework for the obedient response to make disciples through the parish church. Fortified with careful exegesis, strong scholarly support, and expanded with questions for reflection, Deep Roots is the perfect study for churches planting churches or ministers and teams called to participate in Gods mission in the world today. ...
Computer animations stimulate contagious yawning in chimpanzees | Proceedings of the Royal Society of London B: Biological...
Empathy in humans (Homo sapiens) is so highly developed that humans empathize with fictitious depictions of human behaviour (e.g. theatre in its many live and recorded forms), and even non-living representations of humans and animals, such as puppets, cartoons and computer animations (Paiva et al. 2005). Our emotional engagement with the characters in the various media is why we experience suspense at their predicaments and happiness, sadness or other emotions that ensue. The perception-action model (PAM) proposes that our emotional connection derives from an activation of neural representations associated with our own experiences (Preston & de Waal 2002). Recently, imitation of computer-generated animations has been put to clinical use in children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD; Shane & Albert 2008) and has also been a cause for concern over violent video games (Bartholow et al. 2006).. Three-dimensional computer animation is of potential interest for studying the cognition, emotion and ...
Download Guide To Computer Animation For Tv Games Multimedia And Web Focal Press Visual Effects And Animation
This download guide to computer animation for tv games multimedia and web focal press visual effects and animation turns in its federal guerrilla. This download guide to computer animation for tv games multimedia and matters no susceptible present introduced to it but may add acceptance journals in the ControllerServlet probability or the problem implements themselves. efficiently developed on download and support risk.
Difference between revisions of Math/Stat 831 -- Theory of Probability - UW-Math Wiki
Course description: This is the first semester of a two-semester graduate-level introduction to probability theory and it also serves as a stand-alone introduction to the subject. The course will focus on discrete-time stochastic processes and cover at least the following topics: foundations (probability spaces and existence of processes), independence, zero-one laws, laws of large numbers, weak convergence and the central limit theorem, conditional expectations and their properties, and martingales (convergence theorem and basic properties). Textbook: Richard Durrett: Probability: Theory and Examples The fourth edition of the book will be published at the end of August, 2010. If you are not able to get the new edition, the third will also suffice. There are several good textbooks on probability and it might help to have a look around. An excellent reference book (which was actually used as the textbook for 831 recently) is: Olav Kallenberg: Foundations of Modern Probability. Prerequisites: ...
This topic last updated: Dec 10, 2018. Robert V Rouse (2010-01-31). "Hyperplastic Polyp of the Colon and Rectum". Stanford ... 2015). Sabiston Textbook of Surgery E-Book (19th ed.). Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Elsevier Saunders. ISBN 978-1-4377-1560-6 - ... Sabiston Textbook of Surgery. Elsevier.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)[page needed] Finlay A Macrae. "Overview ...
Several textbooks have been written on this topic. Onconephrology: cancer, chemotherapy and the kidney by Jhaveri and ... Topics that are usually of interest to onco-nephrologists are: 1. Electrolyte disorders of malignancy 2. Secondary Glomerular ...
Textbook of Performing Arts Medicine. New York: Raven Press, 1991. (p. 197) Karin Rosenkranz, Aaron Williamon, et al. " ... "Writer's Cramp - an overview , ScienceDirect Topics". www.sciencedirect.com. Retrieved 2020-08-24. Sataloff, Robert Thayer, ...
Emergency Medicine Topics and Problems. Blackwell Science Asia 1999. ISBN 9780867930139 Cameron PC, Jelinek GA, Kelly AM, ... ISBN 9781855860148 Cameron PC, Jelinek GA, Browne GJ, Everitt I, Raftos J (editors). Textbook of Paediatric Emergency Medicine ... Freeman, Peter (July 2001). "Textbook of adult emergency medicine". Emergency Medicine Journal. BMJ/Emergency Medicine Journal ... Murray L, Brown AFT, Heyworth J (editors). Textbook of Adult Emergency Medicine. Churchill Livingstone; London 2000. Second ...
Textbooks from Wikibooks *. Resources from Wikiversity *International Reading Association official website at Reading.org ... topics. *Dyslexia research. *Irlen filters. *Learning Ally. *Learning problems in childhood cancer ...
Outline of biology
Textbooks from Wikibooks. *. Resources from Wikiversity. Wikibooks has more on the topic of: Outline of biology. ...
Textbooks from Wikibooks *. Travel guide from Wikivoyage *. Resources from Wikiversity Scholia has a topic profile for Burkina ...
"Health topics: Environmental health". Retrieved 10 January 2015. Landrigan PL and Etzel RA. (2014). Textbook of Children's ...
Taboo topics and the alternative textbook. It's for Teachers, Issue 3. February 2002. 35-37. Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf? ... He has also published many school textbooks (and their associated workbooks and teachers' guides), mostly for Pearson Longman ... His approximately 15 textbooks for beginning and intermediate learners have been published by major academic presses, including ... also the title of one of his methodology books-is often described as being strongly anti-textbook. Currently, ...
"Topic of Evolution in Secondary School Biology Textbooks: 1900-1977". Science Education. 63 (5): 621-640. Bibcode:1979SciEd..63 ... science textbooks which included the teaching of evolution. Almost half the nation's high schools were using textbooks based on ... In response to this ruling, drafts of the creation science school textbook Of Pandas and People were edited to change ... The teaching of evolution was gradually introduced into more and more public high school textbooks in the United States after ...
Bounded type (mathematics)
ISBN 0-387-94460-5. Rosenblum, Marvin; Rovnyak, James (1994). Topics in Hardy classes and univalent functions. Birkhauser ... Advanced Texts: Basel Textbooks. Basel: Birkhauser Verlag.. ...
George R. Klare
Student reactions to topics in general psychology. (With A. H. Fuchs and M. S. Pullen.) American Psychologist, 1957,12, 219-221 ... Selecting textbooks: Some preliminary thoughts. (With M. Macdonald-Ross.) In J. E. Merritt (Ed.), New Horizons in Reading. ... Textbooks. (With J. Hartley.) In D. J. Unwin and R. MacAleese (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Educational Media, Communication and ... There were over 1,000 published studies on this topic. Klare's contribution to that effort came both in his critical reviews of ...
Topics studied. Some of the common topics in historiography are: *Reliability of the sources used, in terms of authorship ... Barry Joyce, The First U.S. History Textbooks: Constructing and Disseminating the American Tale in the Nineteenth Century ( ... The historiography of a specific topic covers how historians have studied that topic using particular sources, techniques, and ... Loewen, James W. Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong, (1996) ...
Clouding of consciousness
A Textbook of Neuropsychiatry. John Wiley & Sons. p. 5. ISBN 9780470675076. Fang Gao Smith (April 2010). Core Topics in ... John Noble; Harry L. Greene (1996). Textbook of Primary Care Medicine. Mosby. p. 1325. Plum and Posner's diagnosis of stupor ... Yudofsky & Hales (2008). The American Psychiatric Publishing textbook of neuropsychiatry and behavioral neurosciences. American ...
Anandi Gopal (film)
Nevertheless, she graduated with an MD in March 1886; the topic of her thesis was "Obstetrics among the Aryan Hindoos." The ... thesis utilized references from both Ayurvedic texts and American medical textbooks. On her graduation, Queen Victoria sent her ...
A Guide to the Classification Theorem for Compact Surfaces
Many other graduate algebraic topology textbooks include coverage of the same topic. However, by focusing on a single topic, ... However, as a textbook, it lacks exercises, and reviewer Bill Wood suggests its use for a student project rather than for a ... Other topics in topology discussed as part of this presentation include simplicial complexes, fundamental groups, simplicial ... A Guide to the Classification Theorem for Compact Surfaces is a textbook in topology, on the classification of two-dimensional ...
Vibal Publishing House
In 1977, English Reader textbook was published and released. It contains topics on mathematics, science, and values education. ... Vibal is a textbook, reference materials, and multimedia products publisher and is the biggest in the country. In 2011, in ... Two years later, the Vibal achieved the Quality Seal Award for two of its textbooks: Rainbows in English Grade 5 and Excelling ... In 1963, it published the science textbook called the Science and Health for Everyone and Science and Health for Better Living ...
A textbook on the topic freely available at NCBI.. ...
Topological vector space
Compact Textbooks in Mathematics. Cham: Birkhäuser Basel. ISBN 978-3-030-32945-7. OCLC 1145563701. Wilansky, Albert (2013). ... Valdivia, Manuel (1982). Nachbin, Leopoldo (ed.). Topics in Locally Convex Spaces. 67. Amsterdam New York, N.Y.: Elsevier ...
Allan, Rutger J. "Changing the Topic: Topic Position in Ancient Greek Word Order." Mnemosyne: Bibliotheca Classica Batava 67.2 ... Athenaze: An Introduction to Ancient Greek (Oxford University Press). [A series of textbooks on Ancient Greek published for ...
Max Friedrich Meyer
He went on to publish two journal articles about the topic. His work studies in the nervous system and behaviour came to the ... Meyer published important monographs, textbooks and journal articles in both music and psychology. Meyer also contributed to ...
Tom M. Apostol
He was the author of several influential graduate and undergraduate level textbooks. Apostol was the creator and project ... director for Project MATHEMATICS! producing videos which explore basic topics in high school mathematics. He helped popularize ... best known as the author of widely used mathematical textbooks. Apostol was born in Helper, Utah. His parents, Emmanouil ...
Society for Scholarly Publishing
Topics cover journals, textbooks, open access, metrics, and research libraries. The blog was founded in 2008 by Kent Anderson, ...
Textbook of Consultation Liaison Psychiatry ([APA] Press); and the Columbia University Electronic Textbook, Cardinal Topics in ... Kornfeld also contributed chapters to textbooks in general psychiatry, consultation liaison psychiatry, medicine, and surgery. ... and on the editorial boards of the Lippincott Textbook of Psychiatry; Medical Psychiatric Practice, ...
Convexity in economics
Convexity is an important topic in economics. In the Arrow-Debreu model of general economic equilibrium, agents have convex ... Convex analysis is the standard tool for analyzing textbook economics. Non‑convex phenomena in economics have been studied with ... Starrett discusses non‑convexities in his textbook on public economics (pages 33, 43, 48, 56, 70-72, 82, 147, and 234-236): ... Mathematical economics texts [Advanced textbooks in economics]. San Francisco: Holden-Day, Inc. [North-Holland]. pp. 375-401. ...
Mathematical topics in fluid mechanics. Vol. 2. Compressible models. Oxford Lecture Series in Mathematics and its Applications ... Textbooks Lions, Pierre-Louis. Generalized solutions of Hamilton-Jacobi equations. Research Notes in Mathematics, 69. Pitman ( ... Mathematical topics in fluid mechanics. Vol. 1. Incompressible models. Oxford Lecture Series in Mathematics and its ...
... is its main topic; his descriptions of the island, people and history are lively observations of life before the Mont Pelèe ... Textbooks. from Wikibooks. *. Quotations. from Wikiquote. *. Source texts. from Wikisource. *. Learning resources. from ...
Another textbook to be published, Gender and Communication, was the first textbook to discuss the topic of its subject. Other ... List of full text books and articles on the topic of psychology of gender. ... Some of these works included textbooks, as they were an important way that information was compiled and made sense of the new ... In 1978 Women and sex roles: A social psychological perspective was published, one of the first textbooks on the psychology ...
Most statistical mechanics textbooks like Huang still treat the topic using Boltzmann's original arguments. To derive the ...
... no special topic for sets was accepted for inclusion in school textbooks. Transformation approaches were accepted in teaching ... Curriculum topics and teaching practices were changed in the U.S. shortly after the Sputnik crisis. The goal was to boost ... In his book, Why Johnny Can't Add: the Failure of the New Math, Morris Kline says that certain advocates of the new topics " ... Topics introduced in the New Math include set theory, modular arithmetic, algebraic inequalities, bases other than 10, matrices ...
Bona, Constantin; Francisco A. Bonilla (1996). "5". Textbook of Immunology. Martin Soohoo (2 ed.). CRC Press. p. 102. ISBN 978- ... http://global.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/463540/plasma-cell. *^ a b Neuberger, M. S.; Honjo, T.; Alt, Frederick W. (2004). ...
Labor in America: A History (2004), textbook, based on earlier textbooks by Dulles. ... Please note: What is considered a human right is controversial and not all the topics listed are universally accepted as human ... International Maritime Human Resource Management textbook modules. Available at: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid= ...
... teaching includes such topics as doctor-patient communication, ethics, the art of medicine, and engaging in complex ... medical education in established medical schools in the US has generally not included alternative medicine as a teaching topic. ... Textbooks from Wikibooks *. Resources from Wikiversity *. Data from Wikidata Library resources about Alternative medicine ...
Hoaas, David J.; Madigan, Lauren J. (1999), "A citation analysis of economists in principles of economics textbooks", The ... Topics. Articles. Hodgson2007. Corning2002. Thermoeconomics. Economics and energy. Textbooks2004. ... "Economics without Entrepreneurship or Institutions: A Vocabulary Analysis of Graduate Textbooks" (PDF). Econ Journal Watch. 1 ...
2009). Textbook of gastroenterology (5th ed.). Chichester, West Sussex: Blackwell Pub. p. 814. ISBN 978-1-4051-6911-0. Dolin, [ ... Many pseudoscientific claims by proponents of alternative medicine surround the topic of candidiasis. Oral candidiasis is ... Textbook of oral pathology. New Delhi: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers. pp. 498, 508-514. ISBN 9788184484021. Williams, D; ...
Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Mathematics
Wikipedia is an encyclopedia, not a textbook. Wikipedia articles are not supposed to be pedagogic treatments of their topics. ... For the discipline of topology, which topics can be included and excluded? If a topic appears in Munkres' Topology, then one ... What should 'big topic' articles like this cover? Is there any thing that you feel is necessary or standard for such articles? ... It looks like we could have an article, or at least a section of an article, on the topic, but the existing draft text would ...
OpenTechComm is a program that is dedicated to "open access, open use, and open edits- text book or pedagogical resource that ... It is an invitation for anyone to provide information about various topics. The open-source tools even allow libraries to ... However, within the discussion forums of open-source projects the topic of gender diversity can be highly controversial and ...
"Times Topics. The New York Times Company. Retrieved November 20, 2010.. *^ Theiss, Evelyn (2005-10-30). "How Kucinich Found ... Textbooks from Wikibooks *. Resources from Wikiversity *Re-Elect Congressman Kucinich official campaign site ...
Herman Boerhaave is sometimes referred to as a "father of physiology" due to his exemplary teaching in Leiden and textbook ' ... while the Ebers Papyrus dating back to 1500 BCE is akin to a textbook on medicine. ...
Perhaps someone who knows the topic should write the article photosynthetic bacteria. Also, can someone check what is the ... though I can't remember if it was the textbook's preference or the teacher's to use BGA by default. In grad lab this decade we ... which aims to improve Wikipedia's coverage of the photosynthetic organisms commonly called algae and related topics. If you ... a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of palaeontology-related topics and create a standardized, informative, ...
... whereas previous writers had usually treated compound interest briefly in just one chapter in a mathematical textbook. Witt's ...
Palmer DD (1910). The Chiropractor's Adjuster: Text-book of the Science, Art and Philosophy of Chiropractic for Students and ... List of topics characterized as pseudoscience. *Chiropractic education. *Chiropractic schools. *Councils on Chiropractic ...
Quader MA, Sawmiller CJ, Sumpio BE (2000). "Radio Contrast Agents: History and Evolution". Textbook of Angiology. pp. 775-783. ...
Topics in Current Chemistry. 124/1984. pp. 91-133. doi:10.1007/3-540-13534-0_3. ISBN 978-3-540-13534-0. .. ... Kahlenberg, Louis (2008). Outlines of Chemistry - A Textbook for College Students. READ BOOKS. pp. 324-325. ISBN 978-1-4097- ... Kumar De, Anil (2007). A Text Book of Inorganic Chemistry. New Age International. p. 247. ISBN 978-8122413847. ...
Throughout his life Bell put these skills to great use, personally illustrating his many textbooks. In 1809 he went to ... delving deeper into a greater number of topics and making the Museum more accessible to a wider range of age and interest ... classes and workshops on an increasing variety of topics. The Public Engagement Outreach programme started in 2013. ...
Science In Medicine: The JCI Textbook Of Molecular Medicine. Jones & Bartlett Learning. pp. 1061 ff. ISBN 0763750832.. ... Randolph Clarke (1996). "Agent Causation and Event Causation in the Production of Free Action". Philosophical Topics. 24 (2): ...
... while the first textbooks (Willan's, 1798-1808) and atlases (Alibert's, 1806-1814) appeared in print during the same period of ... Related topics. *Alternative medicine. *Allied health (Dentistry. *Podiatry. *Physiotherapy). *Molecular oncology. * ...
Pope John XXIII
In regards to the topic of divorce, John XXIII said that human life is transmitted through the family which is founded on the ... Textbooks from Wikibooks. *. Learning resources from Wikiversity. *Bibliowiki has original media or text related to this ...
History of the periodic table
... is considered to be the first modern textbook about chemistry. Lavoisier defined an element as a substance that cannot be ... topics might be controversial. ...
Alfred Marshall provides a still widely cited definition in his textbook Principles of Economics (1890) that extends analysis ... Energy economics is a broad scientific subject area which includes topics related to energy supply and energy demand. Georgescu ... Archived from the original (PDF contains full textbook) on 6 October 2016.. ... and it has opened way into current textbooks. Although far from unanimous, most mainstream economists would accept some ...
George W. Crane
One of them, "Tests for Husbands and Wives," remains a topic of discussion even into the 21st century. This ... He wrote a psychology textbook entitled "Psychology Applied" which was in print from 1932 to 1967. ...
The comprehensive textbook of healthcare simulation, 73-84. Springer New York.. *^ a b c d e f g h i j k l Eppich, W., & Cheng ... A process which draws these beliefs & ideas out, with the intent of re-examining & re-testing them against a topic in order to ... While textbooks are sufficient for certain diagrams and process flow explanations, certain high quality animations created in ... However, performance can often be a difficult topic to broach with participants, as criticism or constructive feedback often ...
The Feynman Lectures on Physics
... is a physics textbook based on some lectures by Richard P. Feynman, a Nobel laureate who has ... Some of the problems are sophisticated and difficult enough to require an understanding of advanced topics, such as ... The textbook comprises three volumes. The first volume focuses on mechanics, radiation, and heat, including relativistic ... General readers are fortunate that Feynman chose to present certain key topics in largely qualitative terms without formal ...
Conservatism in the United States
Other topics. Russell Kirk's principles of conservatism. Russell Kirk developed six "canons" of conservatism, which ... textbooks, churches, labor unions, industry, and universities.. ... 6 Other topics *6.1 Russell Kirk's principles of conservatism. ...
Major topics of the letters include medical care for the soldiers and the poor, the role of nursing, and sanitation and public ... Bostridge points out that in the early 1880s Nightingale wrote an article for a textbook in which she advocated strict ... It appeared at a time when the simple rules of health were only beginning to be known, when its topics were of vital importance ...
Strauss speaks frequently to audiences throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East on topics related to diabetes, HIV disease ... Safety in Family Medicine', The European Textbook of Family Medicine, eds. M Bisconcin, G. Maso, N. Mathers. 2006: Passoni ...
... of subsidence potentially caused by the draining of natural marsh in the New Orleans area and southeast Louisiana is a topic of ... Textbooks from Wikibooks *. Travel guide from Wikivoyage *. Resources from Wikiversity *Official website *Archive index at the ...
National Museum of Health and Medicine
... with topics ranging through a spectrum of medical, scientific, and historical subjects. ...
ಕೆನ್ನೇರಳೆ - ವಿಕಿಪೀಡಿಯ
Textbooks from Wikibooks ಟೆಂಪ್ಲೇಟು:Shades of violet *REDIRECT Template:Color topics. *v ... Louis Bevier Spinney (1911). A Text-book of Physics. Macmillan Co.. *↑ Charles A. Poynton (2003). Digital video and HDTV. ...
"2011 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations". 12.ststcan.gc.ca. Archived from the original on July 4, 2016. Retrieved June 7 ... Textbooks from Wikibooks *. Travel guide from Wikivoyage *Government of Ontario. *Tourism Ontario ...
2016-17 California textbook controversy over South Asian topics - Wikipedia
... there was a significant debate on how topics related to South Asia were represented in California middle school textbooks-a ... which help guide the textbooks that publishers develop for us in schools. Starting in 2016, groups submitted textbook revisions ... "California textbooks: The next stage of the battle". The Indian Express. 2016-07-10. Retrieved 2018-10-02. "Viewpoint: Why ... "California Passes Textbook Standards Including Comfort Women, Sikhs". NBC News. Retrieved 2018-10-02. "Theres a new battle ...
Special Topics in African American History Textbooks - Textbooks.com
Choose from used and new textbooks or get instant access with eTextbooks and digital materials. ... Find Special Topics in African American History Textbooks at up to 90% off. Plus get free shipping on qualifying orders $25+. ... Textbooks , Buy Textbooks , History & Geography Textbooks , History Textbooks , History Of The U.S. & Canada Textbooks , ... Hello, inbox! Get the latest email updates & exclusive deals on cheap textbooks ...
Textbook recommendations, for a variety of topics. | Physics Forums - The Fusion of Science and Community
Geometry Textbook recommendations on geometry & topology Mar 3, 2018. Textbook recommendations on semiconductor fabrication? ... Forums , Science Education , Science and Math Textbooks , * Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial ... While these topics probably appear in some form or other in physics, Ive found that I understand them much better when Ive ... An excellent fluid dynamics textbook is Elementary Fluid Dynamics by Acheson. Some schools use An Introduction to Fluid ...
A Textbook of Preconceptional Medicine and Management | Topic | GLOWM
How school history textbooks position a textual community through the topic of racism
Textbook analyses of related topics. The issue of race and racism and related topics in textbooks have been studied by authors ... See E.B. Johnsen, "In the Kaleidoscope: Textbook Theory and Textbook Research", in S. Selander (ed.), Textbooks and Educational ... Van Eeden has investigated the topic of globalism in grade 12 textbooks and found that the textbooks lacked solid content and ... History textbooks, when they discuss racism and race, need to show the complexities of the topic, while also taking a moral and ...
Interview with Islam scholar Riem Spielhaus: #MeTwo: "Itʹs a topic for German textbooks" - Qantara.de
Comments for this article: #MeTwo: "Itʹs a topic for German textbooks". More depth, please. I think more depth is required here ... MeTwo: Itʹs a topic for German textbooks. Mesut Ozils withdrawal from the German national football team sparked a wide- ... More on this topic. Mesut Ozil and #MeTwo: When are you German enough?Islamophobia in Germany: "We need a new debate about ... Related Topics. AfD , Alternative for Germany, Football and integration, Migration, Migration in Germany, Multiculturalism, ...
Stirling Forum Home Page • View topic - 100 Year Old Thermodynamics Text Book
Response to 100 Year Old Thermodynamics Text Book. Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:08 pm ... Sorry about Off Topic diatribe, but it explains (partially) why were in this energy dilemma. (pacificstirling). ... Response to 100 Year Old Thermodynamics Text Book. Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:14 pm ... 100 Year Old Thermodynamics Text Book. Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:57 am ...
Chemistry Revision/Practice School Textbooks & Study Guides | eBay
Textbook Of Transpersonal Psychiatry And Psychology by Bruce W. Scotton
Textbook Of Transpersonal Psychiatry And Psychology book. Read 4 reviews from the worlds largest community for readers. This ... Textbook Of Transpersonal Psychiatry And Psychology book. Read 4 reviews from the worlds largest community for readers. This ... There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one » ... Textbook Of Transpersonal Psychiatry And Psychology. by Bruce W. Scotton. Problem:. Its the wrong book. Its the wrong edition ...
A Close Look at Some Evangelical Textbooks - Sociological Images
Posts by Topic. Select Tag *about socimages (2). *courseguides (2). *sample assignments (1). *updates (100). abortion/ ... Textbook Bias: When does a book go too far? « differenttogether - July 1, 2012. [...] other textbooks from the A Beka series ... On the other hand, most of the textbooks we used at my school were religion-free. The one BJU textbook that got consistent ... I used the A Beka text books for some of my schooling. I thought they were pretty hilarious, but also very sad that the people ...
Statistics and Probability books, ebooks, and academic textbooks | Cambridge University Press
... and academic textbooks from Cambridge University Press, including machine learning, stochastic networks, econometrics, theory ... Institute of Mathematical Statistics Textbooks. IMS Textbooks give introductory accounts of topics of current concern suitable ... IMS Textbooks give introductory accounts. of topics of current concern. Read more ... This series of high quality upper-division textbooks and expository monographs covers all areas of stochastic applicable ...
Textbook of Pulmonary Diseases | Annals of Internal Medicine | American College of Physicians
American Cancer Society Text Book of Clinical Oncology | Annals of Internal Medicine | American College of Physicians
American Cancer Society Text Book of Clinical Oncology. Ann Intern Med. 1992;116:351. doi: 10.7326/0003-4819-116-4-351_2 ... Beyond the advent of new therapeutic and diagnostic tools, the number of oncology textbooks available has grown considerably. ... one of the best sources of information about cancer was the American Cancer Societys Clinical Oncology textbook. Although ...
Why don't textbooks show DNA with its hydrating water? | Page 1 | Naked Science Forum
This topic title is, why isnt water included in textbook pictures of DNA? I am showing water is not just an inert solvent but ... You havent provided any source for your claim that textbooks leave out water; you merely produce one picture from one textbook ... You havent provided any source for your claim that textbooks leave out water; you merely produce one picture from one textbook ... Similar topics (5) How do roots growing in water differ from roots growing in soil? Started by neilepBoard Plant Sciences, ...
TNCC Provider Manual, Textbook | allnurses
The problem is, the price of the textbook is outrageous! Especially when ... and Id like to get my hands on the textbook to prepare myself. ... Must Read Topics. * 6 Suture Training for Nurses * 4 Discharge ... Im going to take the TNCC in December, and Id like to get my hands on the textbook to prepare myself. The problem is, the ... Im going to take the TNCC in December, and Id like to get my hands on the textbook to prepare myself. The problem is, the ...
Buy or Rent Nursing Textbooks | allnurses
I usually rent my textbooks but one of the nurses that ... renting or buying when it comes to the actual nursing textbooks ... Must Read Topics. * 36 Not sure how to deal with this future classmate... ... I purchased all of my textbooks either brand new or like new, for the same reasons as stated in the above quote. I dont want ... Renting my textbooks saved me $710 during nursing school. As we were not allowed to work, that money helped me greatly. We had ...
Neurosurgery for the Third Millennium (Neurosurgical Topics), , Good Book 9781879284081 for sale online
Rewriting the oncology textbook with cell-based immunotherapies
Topics: biostatistics, Oncology, Phase 1, Phase 3, Clinical Development Strategy, Adaptive Clinical Trials ... The main body of the cancer treatment textbook will be devoted to therapies that manipulate the immune system to tip the ... I believe that in the next decade, the textbook of cancer treatment will relegate chemotherapy and older therapies to ...
Wheeless' Textbook of Orthopaedics
FA 2008 | JUDAIC 417 - Topics in Judaic Studies | Section 001 - Exile and Homecoming in Modern Hebrew and Jewish Literature
FA 2018 | PHRMACOL 646 - Special Topics | Section 001
Adoption | education | Britannica
10.56 Advanced Topics in Surfactant Science - MIT Textbooks
Buy and sell both new and used textbooks for 10.56 Advanced Topics in Surfactant Science at MIT Textbooks. Introduces ... Login To MIT Textbooks. In order to login to MIT Textbooks, you must have your personal certificates installed in your browser ... MIT 10.56 Advanced Topics in Surfactant Science On The Web. http://www.google.com/search?&q=MIT+%2B+10.56&btnG=Google+Search& ...
MARKETNG 2505 - Market Research II | Course Outlines
Lecture & Workshop Topics*. Textbook Chapters. Tutorial Program & Small Group Discovery. Assignments or tasks due. ... The content covered will include the topics addressed in the prescribed textbook and any material covered in lectures and ... TEXT BOOK. Marketing Research (4th Asia-Pacific Edition) by Zikmund, DAlessandro, Winzar, Lowe, B., and Babin. Published by ... Both the MyUni course site and the textbook website are valuable resources for this course. MyUni will be the primary form of ( ...
Screwing Students Through Pointless Textbook Bundles | Techdirt
Back on topic though; the campus book stores are more of a racket than a service. They have you by the short hairs and know it. ... UNBUNDLING OF COLLEGE TEXTBOOKS FROM SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS.-A publisher that sells a college textbook and any supplemental ... A publisher that sells a college textbook and any supplemental material accompanying such college textbook as a single bundle ... i pirate my textbooks :/ the first text book i got was 80 dollars and it didnt even come bound, it was literately a stack of ...
Robotic-Assisted Minimally Invasive Surgery - A Comprehensive Textbook | Shawn Tsuda | Springer
This textbook covers all fields of surgery that use robotic platforms to facilitate a minimally-invasive approach to procedures ... About this Textbook Minimally invasive surgery has impacted the outcomes of surgery more than any technology since the ... This textbook is a complete resource for robotic-assisted minimally invasive surgery, covering the history, current state, ... The first section of this textbook, Surgical Robots, covers the history, economics, training, and medico-legal aspects of ...
Integrative Human Biochemistry - A Textbook for Medical Biochemistry | Andrea T. Da Poian | Springer
About this Textbook This book covers in detail the mechanisms for how energy is managed in the human body. The basic principles ... "This textbook provides a modern and integrative perspective of human biochemistry and will be a faithful companion to health ... A Textbook for Medical Biochemistry. Authors: Da Poian, Andrea T., Castanho, Miguel ... This textbook will be a most useful tool for the teaching community." ...
APA - American Psychiatric Association Publishing Textbook of Substance Abuse Treatment Sixth Edition
Part VIII: Special Topics. Chapter 50. Testing for Substances of Abuse. Chapter 51. Forensic Addiction Psychiatry. Chapter 52. ... The section devoted to special populations has been revamped, and the topics have been thoroughly updated, some now covered by ... Finally, the editors have included a section devoted to critically important topics in public health, including the U.S. opioid ... New sections address important topics that have gained prominence or become the focus of increased research attention since the ...
education-inequality | Salon.com
Education - Heart Anatomy - Apple (AE)
Introduce the topic.. Digital textbooks and sketching apps quicken the pulse of learning.. Before iPad, some of Jodies ... Using iPad, iTunes U, digital textbooks, and a suite of apps, shes discovered amazing new ways to help her students understand ... Jodies students are grounded in the anatomy and function of the complex heart muscle like never before with iBooks textbooks ... But with iBooks textbooks and creativity tools on iPad, the details become captivatingly clear. ...
2016OncologyChaptersCurriculumContentIPadSearch1991NeurosurgeryCalculusRewritingBooks2019PublishersIllustrationsPsychiatricLoginBookGeneticsBundleBiology TextbooksPearsonTeachExplainsClimate changeComprehensiveEducationActivistsStudentsEditionScienceCoversRacismIntroductionIncludeEditionsPhysicsClassroomConceptsDraftDefineStudySectionOrganizationAccessELECTRICITYHistoryReferenceEducationalBiochemicalSchoolIntroduceControversial topicReadNotes
- In 2016 and 2017, there was a significant debate on how topics related to South Asia were represented in California middle school textbooks-a follow-up to a related set of debates that took place from 2005 to 2009. (wikipedia.org)
- Following the success of the 1st and 2nd edition of the Textbook of Gynaecological Oncology, the 3rd edition published in Sep 2016 and launched at the ESGO State of Conference in Antalya , has taken this highly acclaimed publication a step further. (esgo.org)
- For me, as a medical student and house officer, one of the best sources of information about cancer was the American Cancer Society's Clinical Oncology textbook. (annals.org)
- Beyond the advent of new therapeutic and diagnostic tools, the number of oncology textbooks available has grown considerably. (annals.org)
- This article views chapters from history textbooks as a glimpse into a particular zeitgeist of the current South African educational milieu. (scielo.org.za)
- A robust revision, including many entirely new chapters addressing policy, the latest treatment approaches, and special topics, the Sixth Edition of The American Psychiatric Association Publishing Textbook of Substance Use Disorder Treatment offers a comprehensive and compelling review of this ever-evolving field. (appi.org)
- The book covers not only classical chapters such as anesthesia for pediatric heart surgery and management of pulmonary hypertension in intensive care unit, but also currently "hot" topics consisting of strategies of blood conversation and heparin induced thrombocytopenia. (openaccessbooks.com)
- In a traditional organic text, the majority of biochemical topics are relegated to the final few chapters of the book. (teachthemechanism.com)
- Many instructors have told me that they have to rush just to get through the "standard" organic chemistry topics and, at best, they have maybe a lecture or two to cover any of the topics from the biomolecules chapters. (teachthemechanism.com)
- The third problem I have is that there is too much material in those biomolecules chapters, a large percentage of which constitutes significant portions of a biochemistry-specific textbook, so many instructors feel that a lot of the material simply doesn't belong in an organic textbook. (teachthemechanism.com)
- In my textbook, I tackle the problem in an entirely different way by placing biochemically-related topics in the main part of the text, but in self-contained sections at the ends of select chapters, beginning with Chapter 1. (teachthemechanism.com)
- The California Department of Education runs a public process to update the history and social sciences curriculum frameworks, which help guide the textbooks that publishers develop for us in schools. (wikipedia.org)
- After debate, the Sikh Coalition praised the final textbook curriculum for retaining the language. (wikipedia.org)
- However, National Geographic, one of the publishers who developed a textbook based on the curriculum, dropped references to Nanak's opposition to the caste system. (wikipedia.org)
- Crawford asserts that understanding the curriculum through the forms in which it is publicly presented, e.g. textbooks, requires identifying, analysing and critiquing its construction by investigating the work of authors, editors, publishers, teachers and students as they struggle to create meanings. (scielo.org.za)
- The curriculum might still be enriched in various ways: covering topics more in-depth and with more vigor than the provincial one, or covering a broader selection of topics. (ourkids.net)
- The Department of Education made final decisions on the topics in 2017, retaining content on the caste system, and referring to all of historical South Asia as India, among many other decisions. (wikipedia.org)
- Sikh groups pointed to a Hindu American Foundation employee credited in the textbook as a "reviewer of religious content. (wikipedia.org)
- But it's not always obvious how to collate the content on any given topic into a coherent whole. (technologyreview.com)
- Given the advances in artificial intelligence in recent years, is there a way to automatically edit Wikipedia content so as to create a coherent whole that is useful as a textbook? (technologyreview.com)
- The Ministry of Education in early January launched a nationwide check on the content of all university constitutional law textbooks, according to posts on the Jiangxi and Zhejiang province Education Ministry websites. (reuters.com)
- Accordingly, the content of present textbook mainly covers various topics related to perioperative period in cardiac surgery. (openaccessbooks.com)
- Textbook content is provided through Google Books. (free-ed.net)
- Using iPad, iTunes U, digital textbooks, and a suite of apps, she's discovered amazing new ways to help her students understand and demonstrate the complexity of the human heart. (apple.com)
- But with iBooks textbooks and creativity tools on iPad, the details become captivatingly clear. (apple.com)
- Jodie's students are grounded in the anatomy and function of the complex heart muscle like never before with iBooks textbooks on iPad. (apple.com)
- There are quite a few subjects in pure mathematics and physics that I'm quite interested in, and I would appreciate any help with the search for textbooks on them. (physicsforums.com)
- 34,986 Textbook clip art vector EPS images available to search from thousands of royalty free stock art and stock illustration creators. (canstockphoto.com)
- According to the Project On Government Oversight (POGO) and The New York Times , Dr. Charles B. Nemeroff, chairman of psychiatry at the University of Miami medical school since 2009 and Emory University before that, and Dr. Alan F. Schatzberg, the chairman of psychiatry at the Stanford University School of Medicine from 1991 until 2009 co-wrote a psychiatric textbook intended for primary care physicians - or did they? (psychcentral.com)
- The textbook 'Essentials of Neurosurgery' is only 402 pages. (newsmax.com)
- The phrase "rewriting the textbooks" is more than a cliché to me, because that's what I do. (plos.org)
- The other set of groups were organized as "South Asian Histories for All, an inter-caste, multi-faith group of activists," which "cited inaccuracies regarding caste and other issues in the textbook material, and called for a delay on the books' approval so that they could be submitted for further editing. (wikipedia.org)
- The central question is how these sampled books position a textual community as mediated by the topic of race theories impacting the twentieth century in various regions. (scielo.org.za)
- Also see our earlier post on a Texas textbook standards advisor explaining that books should emphasize the positive, such as how minorities ought to be really grateful to Whites for giving them rights. (thesocietypages.org)
- I usually rent my textbooks but one of the nurses that I work with says she regrets not keeping her books, so now I'm wondering if I should buy them to keep as reference for later. (allnurses.com)
- I would buys the textbooks, I start my first semester in the fall and I bought all my books. (allnurses.com)
- My First Chemistry Textbooks are hardcover children's books, each with 32 or more full color paper pages. (kickstarter.com)
- So the team created an algorithm that looked at each automatically selected article for a given topic and then determined whether including it in a Wikibook would make the network structure more similar to human-generated books or not. (technologyreview.com)
- However, while a number of books have concentrated on individual aspects of this field, known as psychoacoustics, there has been no comprehensive introductory coverage of the multiple topics encompassed under the term. (mit.edu)
- Publishers design their books around what goes on in Sacramento and Austin," says Gilbert T. Sewall, director of the American Textbook Council. (salon.com)
- Mathematics: Core Topics HL has been written for the IB Diploma Programme courses Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches HL, and Mathematics: Applications and Interpretation HL, for first teaching in August 2019, and first assessment in May 2021. (ibbookshop.co.uk)
- I received no funding, but welcome any from small textbook publishers with deep pockets. (mja.com.au)
- My genetics textbook had two illustrations of the biochemical pathway that porphyria variegata interrupted in the unstable leader. (plos.org)
- Evidence-based, down to earth, and meticulously edited, the new Sixth Edition of The American Psychiatric Association Publishing Textbook of Substance Use Disorder Treatment is an essential resource for clinicians who treat SUDs in a variety of settings-from examining rooms to emergency departments, and from hospitals to recovery facilities. (appi.org)
- With its focus on educational tools including over 100 figures, easy-to-use DSM-5 criteria table, and quick-guide appendices, this textbook is specially designed to educate readers on the psychiatric evaluation, treatment, and management of a wide range of sexual disorders. (google.com)
- In order to login to MIT Textbooks, you must have your personal certificates installed in your browser. (mit.edu)
- Some of the schools approved for the voucher program in Louisiana, as well as other states, use textbooks produced by several evangelical organizations, including A Beka Book and Bob Jones University. (thesocietypages.org)
- Deciding what to include in such a textbook is a difficult task, which is perhaps why the book is so huge. (technologyreview.com)
- Upon the completion of this book, students progress to the particular HL textbook for their course: either Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches HL, or Mathematics: Applications and Interpretation HL. (ibbookshop.co.uk)
- The first book focuses on topics both in preoperative and early postoperative periods of cardiac surgery. (openaccessbooks.com)
- Textbook of Surgery is a core book for medical and surgical students providing a comprehensive overview of general and speciality surgery. (wiley.com)
- The textbook presents a compact and contemporary overview and is not so much a reference book as a working tome suitable for familiarization with current trends in treatment and diagnosis in these various areas. (wiley.com)
- I was generously given a C in the class due to the curve, and am now looking for a better textbook to brush up on what I didn't pick up or master what I failed to do with Serway's book before attempting the next semester of general physics. (physicsforums.com)
- This book gives an opportunity to authors literally from all over the world to present their medical expertise and express their opinion on selected interesting topics in hypothyroidism. (openaccessbooks.com)
- Blank book, textbook, booklet or notebook mockup. (canstockphoto.com)
- The tale was in all editions of my human genetics textbook until the most recent, the twelfth, published last year. (plos.org)
- A publisher that sells a college textbook and any supplemental material accompanying such college textbook as a single bundle shall also make available the college textbook and each supplemental material as separate and unbundled items, each separately priced. (techdirt.com)
- How Should Biology Textbooks Teach Race in High School? (theatlantic.com)
- Most American biology textbooks and curricula don't discuss race at all-nor do they grapple with the biology of sexual orientation or gender, for that matter. (theatlantic.com)
- Early-20th-century biology textbooks, after all, were replete with ignorant racial and gender stereotyping and classifications purporting to be scientific-and some even extolled the virtues of racial purity. (theatlantic.com)
- Early- and mid-20th-century American biology textbooks drew freely on racial pseudoscience, parceling up the world into discrete racial categories with very little regard for rigorous evidence-but plenty of recourse to tired stereotypes. (theatlantic.com)
- Pearson Education-the largest educational publisher in the world-has cut material from a proposed Texas social-studies textbook that cast doubt on the human causes of global warming. (theatlantic.com)
- This is an online magazine by Bovee & Thill, authors of the leading textbooks in business communication and business writing, published by Pearson, featuring resources about application letters, resumes, career planning, and a variety of employment issues. (scoop.it)
- One advantage is that it affords an instructor the opportunity to teach these topics much earlier in the year-as early as the first week or two of class in the first semester. (teachthemechanism.com)
- Their approach at that time was to say, 'What we really have to do is just throw ourselves all in and really teach this topic right,'" says Ann Morning, a sociologist at New York University who has studied the history of racial representation in American science textbooks. (theatlantic.com)
- Sorry about Off Topic diatribe, but it explains (partially) why we're in this energy dilemma. (stirlingengine.com)
- The existing human species has five varieties or races," explains a 1913 high-school biology textbook published by Macmillan, "Caucasian, American Indian, Mongolian, Malay, [and] Ethiopian-each with certain peculiarities. (theatlantic.com)
- Brain surgeons are trusted to use their judgment and the textbook explains only the techniques rather than detailing how to respond to every possible scenario. (newsmax.com)
- I've already blogged about (and the joint TFN/NCSE press release detailed ) how ideologically-driven textbook reviewers tried to undermine Texas textbooks' coverage of evolution and climate change . (ncse.com)
- When the proposed Texas textbooks were released in September, the National Center for Science Education heavily criticized the assertion that "scientists disagree about what is causing climate change. (theatlantic.com)
- Scientists do not disagree about what is causing climate change," NCSE wrote in an analysis of the textbooks. (theatlantic.com)
- The revised textbook provides students with the reliable science they need to understand the social debates surrounding climate change. (theatlantic.com)
- Today, pitched battles over evolution and climate change in textbooks often make national news. (theatlantic.com)
- The first comprehensive textbook of its kind on this subject, explaining not only "how does this disease or condition affect pregnancy? (glowm.com)
- The second section of this textbook, Robotic Procedures, will contain a comprehensive catalogue of procedures that have been performed robotically in general surgery, gynecology, urology, plastic surgery, cardiothoracic, and otolaryngology. (springer.com)
- Here we provide two comprehensive reviews on this controversial topic. (openaccessbooks.com)
- Which Business Communication Textbooks Have the Most Comprehensive Coverage of Employment Topics? (scoop.it)
- The textbook is the most comprehensive and up to date reference in the field, a must have for every professional, fellow or trainee. (esgo.org)
- CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-105 Official Cert Guide , Academic Edition is a comprehensive textbook and study package that provides you with an introduction to foundational networking concepts and hands-on application. (ciscopress.com)
- Lewis's Child and Adolescent Psychiatry: A Comprehensive Textbook, 4th ed. (psychiatrictimes.com)
- According to The Caravan, there were two main set of advocacy groups: One set of groups "was led by the Hindu American Foundation…and the Hindu Education Foundation…heavily critical of certain parts of the textbooks, which they felt denigrated Hinduism. (wikipedia.org)
- 2 This was more recently echoed in a speech by the Minister of Basic Education, Angelina Motshekga, who opined that the textbook is the most effective tool to ensure better quality instruction. (scielo.org.za)
- However, US education fell into a pit when states centralized local school boards and allowed the rise of educational textbook makers to pander to administrative bozos. (stirlingengine.com)
- While some schools and teachers are looking for ways to make education, and especially textbooks, cheaper for students, others seem bent on doing everything possible to keep prices artificially high . (techdirt.com)
- With all the attention that high college tuition prices get in the media, one would think that the textbook industry would be a prime target for an area to reduce the cost of an education for students. (techdirt.com)
- A new textbook is the first of its kind to define and codify this third pillar of medical education and provide a framework for its implementation nationwide. (ama-assn.org)
- Topics in the Structural Steel Design Education Module include the steel design, detailing, fabrication and erection processes. (cdc.gov)
- Reviewers whose only agenda is to find ways to work in their pet issues should not be allowed to rewrite the textbooks and science education standards, let alone introduce falsehoods. (ncse.com)
- The revision arrives one week ahead of a final vote by the Texas Board of Education to adopt the textbook as part of the board's consideration of a new set of social-studies textbooks. (theatlantic.com)
- Textbooks tend to be this kind of collection of official discourse in science," says Jesse Bazzul, a social theorist at the University of Regina in Canada who studies science education. (theatlantic.com)
- Including and instructing students with disabilities in the general education classroom became a topic of heightened interest following the Regular Education Initiative (Will 1986) and provides powerful implications for rethinking education for all students. (ascd.org)
- That's one of the eight STD-prevention steps listed in one of the four high-school and middle-school health textbooks approved for state adoption last week by the Texas State Board of Education (SBOE). (salon.com)
- The McGraw-Hill textbook also asks students to analyze "two different points of view" on global warming, a mental exercise activists say is problematic. (theatlantic.com)
- Because colleges essentially have the textbook market cornered, they can require students to purchase just about anything in order to bring in more revenue. (techdirt.com)
- This textbook provides a modern and integrative perspective of human biochemistry and will be a faithful companion to health science students following curricula in which this discipline is addressed. (springer.com)
- Instead of taking traditional notes while discussing textbook material, Jodie's students use apps like Notability and SketchBook Express to create "sketch notes" that show her their level of understanding. (apple.com)
- The Textbook of Clinical Sexual Medicine utilizes the biopsychosocial approach to inform physicians, practitioners, residents, trainees, and students about the latest science has to offer today for the evaluation and treatment of sexual dysfunctions especially the utilization of the full armamentarium of assessment methods and treatment interventions in order to restore of sexual health and enhance quality of life. (google.com)
- Outlined below are topics that all successful Math 543 students should understand well. (byu.edu)
- Students and faculty may be interested additionally in two textbooks for which electronic links are provided through the Biomedical Library. (upenn.edu)
- One way to do this is by exposing students to some biochemical topics. (teachthemechanism.com)
- Second, because those asides often give cursory presentations of relatively complex biochemical phenomena, it is difficult for students to come away with a true appreciation of the topic. (teachthemechanism.com)
- The topics are chosen to satisfy two criteria: (1) They relate directly to the organic chemistry material discussed in the chapter, which will have been introduced in the context of smaller and simpler organic molecules, and (2) they are topics that the ACS exam and the MCAT tend to expect students to have learned. (teachthemechanism.com)
- Additionally, instructors can feel more comfortable asking their students to spend time on these sections, given the relevance of the topics to the ACS and MCAT 2015 exams. (teachthemechanism.com)
- But other topics were muddier, and on several questions-including number five-the students split nearly 50-50. (theatlantic.com)
- Student are expected to sit at the tables provided for students working from textbooks. (google.com)
- Indiana is one of eight states in the country that charges students for textbook rentals. (indianapublicmedia.org)
- Learn about the different forms of cyberbullying and how teachers can cover this topic with students. (google.com)
- Classroom takeaways from this video include teaching with a clear learning objective, encouraging perspective taking and connecting topic of bullying with students lives. (google.com)
- For those of you who've taken the TNCC before, is there a significant difference between the fifth and sixth edition textbooks? (allnurses.com)
- New sections address important topics that have gained prominence or become the focus of increased research attention since the Fifth Edition was released. (appi.org)
- The section devoted to special populations has been revamped, and the topics have been thoroughly updated, some now covered by new contributors and others completely new to this edition. (appi.org)
- In this edition, new authors have worked on a number of new topics. (esgo.org)
- Interested to access the entire ebook edition of the new textbook? (esgo.org)
- eBook edition of the new textbook is now available on myESGO only to members. (esgo.org)
- The third edition of the Textbook of Contact Dermatitis is the most thorough coverage yet of every conceivable aspect of the modern-day management of contact dermatitis. (springer.com)
- As an educator who still considers textbooks essential tools because of their utility as starting points for learning and exploration, I am pleased that the new edition of Lewis's Child and Adolescent Psychiatry has arrived. (psychiatrictimes.com)
- Why stay dumbed down and not upgrade the textbooks to the latest proven science? (thenakedscientists.com)
- The My First Chemistry Textbook series provides that context to introduce science and chemistry to kids of all ages! (kickstarter.com)
- Flagship textbooks are among the most consumed science texts in the world. (theatlantic.com)
- For American science textbooks, the tone toward eugenics did change after World War II. (theatlantic.com)
- I would like to find a textbook that covers general relativity, but perhaps also some of these other applications of tensors. (physicsforums.com)
- Covers a topic of worlwide importance: an obesity epidemic is upon us. (google.com)
- Each module covers a single topic and is divided into five sections: preface, background, policies and guidelines, case studies, and comments/resources. (upenn.edu)
- The Textbook also covers epidemiology, the computerization of patch test data and patient information systems, non-invasive techniques for quantification of contact dermatitis, methods of skin testing other than patch testing, skin penetration, quantitative risk assessment, the histopathology and ultrastructure of both irritant and allergic contact dermatitis, subjective reactions and medicolegal aspects. (springer.com)
- To contextualise the topic, we provide a brief overview of similar studies and present some voices in current debates about the meaning and relevance of conceptions of race and racism. (scielo.org.za)
- This carefully written textbook is an introduction to the beautiful concepts and results of complex analysis. (ebay.com.au)
- Topics include auditory processing, perception, and recognition. (mit.edu)
- Topics include study design, sampling methods, data collection and measurement, data cleaning (edit, imputation) and the analysis of complex survey data. (helsinki.fi)
- At the beginning of each school year, families in Indiana's public schools are hit with bills that include activity fees, class fees and the largest line item- textbook fees. (indianapublicmedia.org)
- Teachers editions are annotated versions of the textbooks that include additional information along with teaching guidelines and suggestions. (salon.com)
- Before that, the story threaded through six editions of my intro biology textbook Life . (plos.org)
- While these topics probably appear in some form or other in physics, I've found that I understand them much better when I've had some exposure to a pure maths treatment. (physicsforums.com)
- With practically every type of historical or educational material you can think of using in your classroom, this web site delivers a complete digital toolbox for teaching history well beyond the textbook . (classroom20.com)
- to make the links between core concepts and more advanced topics clearer. (booktopia.com.au)
- It's hard to believe their defense when an initial draft of the textbook was provided . (psychcentral.com)
- Since the only document POGO had was a single initial draft and a letter that lays out a possible timeline for the textbook, their proof was a little thin in supporting the accusation of ghostwriting. (psychcentral.com)
- Standard medical dictionaries, textbooks, and federal law, all define pregnancy as starting at implantation. (ncse.com)
- In the table below the textbooks used in this study are identified. (scielo.org.za)
- Topics of Part 1 (Seppo Laaksonen): Study design, basic sampling techniques, data collection modes, treatment of nonresponse, reweighting, imputation techniques (single and multiple imputation), use of secondary data (data archives, administrative and register data sources). (helsinki.fi)
- Tornado electricity is a topic well deserving of further study. (madsci.org)
- Finally, the editors have included a section devoted to critically important topics in public health, including the U.S. opioid epidemic, cannabis policy and use, HIV/AIDS and hepatitis C, nicotine and public health, and the prevention of SUDs. (appi.org)
- The second major problem I see with this organization is that there is often not enough time in the semester to cover these biochemical topics. (teachthemechanism.com)
- History textbooks have a significant role to play, especially in South African classrooms, where many teachers have no access to any other media or subject knowledge. (scielo.org.za)
- One Trigonometry class I took required the purchase of a $75 access code to the online textbook and quizzes. (techdirt.com)
- It is a Wikibook, a textbook that anyone can access or edit, made up from articles on Wikipedia, the vast online encyclopedia. (technologyreview.com)
- This link provides student-specific access to on-line training in select topics through the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI). (upenn.edu)
- Tornado electricity was a favorite topic of Dr. Bernard Vonnegut , a renowned weather physicist, recently deceased. (madsci.org)
- South Asian Histories for All and Dalit American groups argued for inclusion of the word "Dalit," and for retaining the history of the caste system in history textbooks. (wikipedia.org)
- 3 Against this background, this article aims to show how texts discursively construct or encode a cultural mindset prevailing in a particular Zeitgeist , namely as represented in some of the recently published history textbooks for grade 11. (scielo.org.za)
- This textbook is a complete resource for robotic-assisted minimally invasive surgery, covering the history, current state, technical and clinical aspects, and future considerations that may be of interest to any who has a role, stake, or curiosity regarding robotic surgery. (springer.com)
- Cicero is divided into 15 historical units with over 325 history lessons at the high school, middle school and elementary school levels with topics starting from the Greek and Roman philosophies and ending with the present times and the War on Terror. (classroom20.com)
- It is very readable and is convenient enough to use as a basic textbook or as a reference. (psychiatrictimes.com)
- Advance your professional development with ESGO's Congress, State of the Art topic Conference, Masterclass or special educational events in gynaecological cancers. (esgo.org)
- How Should Biochemical Topics Be Treated in an Organic Textbook? (teachthemechanism.com)
- One way is to fully integrate the biochemical discussions throughout the main narrative of the text in each chapter, using biomolecules and biochemical processes as contexts in which to introduce organic topics. (teachthemechanism.com)
- Renting my textbooks saved me $710 during nursing school. (allnurses.com)
- One high-school textbook from 1936 devotes an entire chapter to the promise of eugenics. (theatlantic.com)
- How do direct costs of going to school − from textbooks to tuition − hit a parent or student's bottom line? (indianapublicmedia.org)
- Introduce the topic. (apple.com)
- Inclusion has been a controversial topic among special and general educators (Fuchs & Fuchs 1994) and simply mentioning the word evokes strong emotions. (ascd.org)
- Some other topics I hope to read about some day are Set Theory & Logic, Category Theory, Complex Analysis and an axiomatic treatment of Statistics (although this probably comes under measure theory (I recently discovered Kolmolgorov's axioms on Wikipedia - fascinating! (physicsforums.com)
- found this textbook very informative and a pleasure to read. (wiley.com)
- I rented all of my textbooks and just recorded the lectures and highlighted the notes I took on my laptop in class. (allnurses.com)