The transmission and reproduction of transient images of fixed or moving objects. An electronic system of transmitting such images together with sound over a wire or through space by apparatus that converts light and sound into electrical waves and reconverts them into visible light rays and audible sound. (From Webster, 3rd ed)
Advertising as Topic
Wit and Humor as Topic
Motion Pictures as Topic
Medicine in Literature
Cartoons as Topic
A broad category of sleep disorders characterized by either hypersomnolence or insomnia. The three major subcategories include intrinsic (i.e., arising from within the body) (SLEEP DISORDERS, INTRINSIC), extrinsic (secondary to environmental conditions or various pathologic conditions), and disturbances of circadian rhythm. (From Thorpy, Sleep Disorders Medicine, 1994, p187)
Play and Playthings
A status with BODY WEIGHT that is grossly above the acceptable or desirable weight, usually due to accumulation of excess FATS in the body. The standards may vary with age, sex, genetic or cultural background. In the BODY MASS INDEX, a BMI greater than 30.0 kg/m2 is considered obese, and a BMI greater than 40.0 kg/m2 is considered morbidly obese (MORBID OBESITY).
Child Nutrition Sciences
Behaviors expressed by individuals to protect, maintain or promote their health status. For example, proper diet, and appropriate exercise are activities perceived to influence health status. Life style is closely associated with health behavior and factors influencing life style are socioeconomic, educational, and cultural.
Use of marketing principles also used to sell products to consumers to promote ideas, attitudes and behaviors. Design and use of programs seeking to increase the acceptance of a social idea or practice by target groups, not for the benefit of the marketer, but to benefit the target audience and the general society.
Cookbooks as Topic
Body Mass Index
An indicator of body density as determined by the relationship of BODY WEIGHT to BODY HEIGHT. BMI=weight (kg)/height squared (m2). BMI correlates with body fat (ADIPOSE TISSUE). Their relationship varies with age and gender. For adults, BMI falls into these categories: below 18.5 (underweight); 18.5-24.9 (normal); 25.0-29.9 (overweight); 30.0 and above (obese). (National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
A status with BODY WEIGHT that is above certain standard of acceptable or desirable weight. In the scale of BODY MASS INDEX, overweight is defined as having a BMI of 25.0-29.9 kg/m2. Overweight may or may not be due to increases in body fat (ADIPOSE TISSUE), hence overweight does not equal "over fat".
How can videolaparoscopy be used in a peritoneal dialysis programme? (1/796)BACKGROUND: Recently videolaparoscopy is considered to have a vaster use in surgery due to the undeniable benefits such as low operatory traumatism, quick recovery of canalization, a short stay in the hospital and minor scarring. METHODS: Forty patients were treated with peritoneal dialysis (PD); 15 videolaparoscopic procedures were performed on 13 patients before starting PD and two during the course of PD. The videolaparoscopy procedure was started by inducing pneumoperitoneum after initiation of general anaesthesia through endotracheal intubation. RESULTS: Peritoneal catheter placement was carried out in 11 ESRD patients showing abdominal scars due to previous laparotomies; their abdominal condition precluded safe PC placement using conventional non-laparoscopic procedures with local anaesthesia. Release of adhesions was performed only in two patients. Videolaparoscopy was also used in three patients for elective cholecystectomy; 2/3 underwent concomitant PC insertion. One patient was submitted to cholecystectomy during the course of CAPD; following the procedure we left the peritoneum dry overnight and then we started temporary IPD, using small volumes, avoiding haemodialysis (HD). Regular CAPD was resumed 6 days later. Finally, videolaparoscopy was also used for diagnostic purpose i.e. in one 59-year-old man patient who had a peritoneal catheter obstruction. Repeated rescue attempts using urokinase solution to irrigate the peritoneal catheter had been used in vain attempts prior to the procedure. CONCLUSIONS: Videolaparoscopy proves to be a useful tool in a PD programme. Firstly, it may be used as a technique for catheter implantation, not as a routine procedure but in patients with extensive abdominal scars due to previous laparotomy, i.e. at risk for accidental viscera perforation due to the possibility of adhesions between intestinal loops and parietal peritoneum. Secondly, videolaparoscopy used for abdominal surgery allows the resumption of PD immediately after surgical procedure and thus avoiding HD. Videolaparoscopy is fundamental for diagnosis and rescue of catheter dysfunction and has an integral role in the successful management of these patients in extending catheter function and permitting safe replacement of peritoneal catheter if it becomes necessary. Along with the undeniable advantages, remains the disadvantages that it must be carried out by an expert surgeon in an operating theatre while the patient is under general anaesthesia. (+info)
The reach and effectiveness of a national mass media-led smoking cessation campaign in The Netherlands. (2/796)OBJECTIVES: This study examined the reach, effectiveness, and cost-effectiveness of a mass media-led smoking cessation campaign including television shows, a television clinic, a quit line, local group programs, and a comprehensive publicity campaign. METHODS: A random sample of baseline smokers (n = 1338) was interviewed before and after the campaign and at a 10-month follow-up. A nonpretested control group (n = 508) of baseline smokers was incorporated to control for test effects. RESULTS: Most smokers were aware of the campaign, although active participation rates were low. Dose-response relations between exposure and quitting were found. The follow-up point prevalence abstinence rate attributable to the campaign was estimated to be 4.5% after control for test effects and secular trends. The cost per long-term quitter was about $12. CONCLUSIONS: In spite of a massive rise in tobacco promotion expenditures prior to the campaign and the absence of governmental control over the media, the campaign under study may have increased normal cessation rates substantially. (+info)
Effects of a drug overdose in a television drama on presentations to hospital for self poisoning: time series and questionnaire study. (3/796)OBJECTIVES: To determine whether a serious paracetamol overdose in the medical television drama Casualty altered the incidence and nature of general hospital presentations for deliberate self poisoning. DESIGN: Interrupted time series analysis of presentations for self poisoning at accident and emergency departments during three week periods before and after the broadcast. Questionnaire responses collected from self poisoning patients during the same periods. SETTING: 49 accident and emergency departments and psychiatric services in United Kingdom collected incidence data; 25 services collected questionnaire data. SUBJECTS: 4403 self poisoning patients; questionnaires completed for 1047. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Change in presentation rates for self poisoning in the three weeks after the broadcast compared with the three weeks before, use of paracetamol and other drugs for self poisoning, and the nature of overdoses in viewers of the broadcast compared with non-viewers. RESULTS: Presentations for self poisoning increased by 17% (95% confidence interval 7% to 28%) in the week after the broadcast and by 9% (0 to 19%) in the second week. Increases in paracetamol overdoses were more marked than increases in non-paracetamol overdoses. Thirty two patients who presented in the week after the broadcast and were interviewed had seen the episode-20% said that it had influenced their decision to take an overdose, and 17% said it had influenced their choice of drug. The use of paracetamol for overdose doubled among viewers of Casualty after the episode (rise of 106%; 28% to 232%). CONCLUSIONS: Broadcast of popular television dramas depicting self poisoning may have a short term influence in terms of increases in hospital presentation for overdose and changes in the choice of drug taken. This raises serious questions about the advisability of the media portraying suicidal behaviour. (+info)
Health education in television entertainment--Medisch Centrum West: a Dutch drama serial. (4/796)World-wide a number of groups have sought ways to incorporate health messages into television entertainment like popular drama and soap serials. In the Netherlands, the Heart Foundation incorporated its cardiovascular health message in several episodes of a popular Dutch hospital serial called Medisch Centrum West. To obtain greater insight into the impact of this so-called 'entertainment-education (E & E) strategy', an evaluation study was carried out. Medisch Centrum West was both entertaining and informative at the same time. Although viewers were well aware that the programme included a health message, they did not find it intrusive to their enjoyment of the storyline. It was interesting to learn that fans were more tolerant and positive towards the E & E strategy than non-fans. Age, sex and education level explained only 5% of the variance. (+info)
Effect of closed circuit television on urban violence. (5/796)OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the effect of city and town centre closed circuit television (CCTV) surveillance on violence in terms of accident and emergency (A&E) department and police assault data. METHODS: A&E department and local police assault data in three centres in Wales (Cardiff, Swansea, and Rhyl) two years before and two years after the installation of CCTV were studied. British Crime Survey and police crime statistics were used as control data. RESULTS: A&E records of 24,442 assault patients and 3228 violent offences recorded by the police were studied. Data from two A&E departments (Swansea (+3%) and Rhyl (+45%)) showed increases in recorded assaults after CCTV installation but a decrease (12%) in the largest centre, Cardiff. There was an overall reduction in town/city centre violence from the A&E department perspective of 1% in the two years after CCTV installation. In contrast, police data demonstrated changes in the opposite direction (-44%, -24%, and +20% respectively) contributing to an overall decrease of 9%. British Crime Survey and police statistics for England and Wales demonstrated no overall change and a 16% increase respectively. CONCLUSIONS: City centre CCTV installation had no obvious influence on levels of assaults recorded in A&E departments. There was a negative relationship between police and A&E recording in all three centres. A&E departments are important and unique sources of information about community violence. (+info)
Ultrasonic videodensitometric analysis of myocardium in end-stage renal disease treated with haemodialysis. (6/796)BACKGROUND: The aim of this study was to investigate videodensitometric parameters of the myocardium, in dialysis patients, who represent a complex pathophysiological model of pressure volume overload, and in essential hypertensive patients with the same level of left ventricular mass. METHODS: We compared a group of male dialysis patients (D) with two groups: hypertensive patients (H) with comparable left ventricular mass and normotensive healthy subjects as controls (C). The groups (n=15 each) were age- (53 +/- 9 years) and gender-matched. Quantitative analysis of echocardiographic digitalized imaging was performed to calculate the mean grey level (MGL) and cyclic variation index (CVI). RESULTS: The haemodialysis patients had a significantly lower CVI compared with hypertensives and controls both for septum (D): -2.5 +/- 17.4% vs (H); 11.8 +/- 17% vs (C); 43.2 +/- 15.4% (P<0.001) and for posterior wall (D): -10.1 +/- 261% vs (H); 14.2 +/- 14.7% vs (C); 46.6 +/- 17.2% (P<0.001). A significant inverse relationship was found between intact parathyroid hormone (iPTH) and CVI. CONCLUSION: Abnormalities of two-dimensional echocardiographic grey level distribution are present in both haemodialysis patients and hypertensive patients, but seem unrelated to the degree of echocardiographic hypertrophy. These videodensitometric myocardial alterations are significantly higher in dialysis patients than in hypertensive patients with the same extent of left ventricular hypertrophy. The iPTH level may play a role in the development of the ultrasonic myocardial alterations, which probably represent an early stage of uraemic cardiomyopathy. (+info)
Regional ischemia in hypertrophic Langendorff-perfused rat hearts. (7/796)Myocardial hypertrophy decreases the muscle mass-to-vascularization ratio, thereby changing myocardial perfusion. The effect of these changes on myocardial oxygenation in hypertrophic Langendorff-perfused rat hearts was measured using epimyocardial NADH videofluorimetry, whereby ischemic myocardium displays a high fluorescence intensity. Hypertrophic hearts, in contrast to control hearts, developed ischemic areas during oxygen-saturated Langendorff perfusion. Reoxygenation of control hearts after a hypoxic episode resulted in a swift decrease of fluorescence in a heterogeneous pattern of small, evenly dispersed, highly fluorescent patches. Identical patterns could be evoked by occluding capillaries with microspheres 5.9 micrometer in diameter. Ten seconds after reoxygenation there were no more dysoxic areas, whereas reoxygenation in hypertrophic hearts showed larger ischemic areas that took significantly longer to return to normoxic fluorescence intensities. Hypothesizing that the larger areas originate at a vascular level proximal to the capillary network, we induced hypoxic patterns by embolizing control hearts with microspheres 9.8 and 15 micrometer in diameter. The frequency distribution histograms of these dysoxic surface areas matched those of hypertrophic hearts and differed significantly from those of hearts embolized with 5.9-micrometer microspheres. These results suggest the existence of areas in hypertrophic Langendorff-perfused hearts with suboptimal vascularization originating at the arteriolar and/or arterial level. (+info)
The impact of television on attitudes towards organ donation--a survey in a German urban population sample. (8/796)BACKGROUND: The stagnation or decrease in organ donation rates since 1992 in Germany has partly been attributed to the negative impact of reports about organ donation periodically presented by German television between 1992 and 1997. This study was performed to elucidate the impact of the media on the public's attitudes towards organ donation. METHODS: A questionnaire concerning different aspects of organ donation was sent to the parents of pupils of a high school in a German city in 1994 and 1998. RESULTS: In 1994, 940 adults could be identified who had (TV+, n = 546) or had not (TV-, n = 394) followed at least one television discussion about the topic. In 1998, the group consisted of 756 (TV+, n = 443 and TV-, n = 313) adults. The discriminating question was of sufficient strength to reveal significant differences between TV(+) and TV(-) respondents. Contrary to an assumed negative impact of TV, differences between the groups were detectable mainly in questions regarding information, but not in those which dealt with personal fears and concerns. The main results obtained in both surveys were identical. Furthermore, from 1994 to 1998 there was a trend in favour of information and organ donation for TV(+) but not for TV(-) respondents. CONCLUSION: The assumption that TV has had a negative impact on donation rates must be rejected. Therefore, the stagnation/decline in donation rates must be attributed to other factors. (+info)
Television viewing time and mortality: the Australian Diabetes, Obesity and Lifestyle Study (AusDiab) | Read by QxMD
BACKGROUND: Television viewing time, the predominant leisure-time sedentary behavior, is associated with biomarkers of cardiometabolic risk, but its relationship with mortality has not been studied. We examined the associations of prolonged television viewing time with all-cause, cardiovascular disease (CVD), cancer, and non-CVD/noncancer mortality in Australian adults.. METHODS AND RESULTS: Television viewing time in relation to subsequent all-cause, CVD, and cancer mortality (median follow-up, 6.6 years) was examined among 8800 adults , or =25 years of age in the Australian Diabetes, Obesity and Lifestyle Study (AusDiab). During 58 087 person-years of follow-up, there were 284 deaths (87 CVD deaths, 125 cancer deaths). After adjustment for age, sex, waist circumference, and exercise, the hazard ratios for each 1-hour increment in television viewing time per day were 1.11 (95% confidence interval [CI], 1.03 to 1.20) for all-cause mortality, 1.18 (95% CI, 1.03 to 1.35) for CVD mortality, and ...
Television Viewing Time and Mortality | Circulation
These novel findings from a large population-based cohort of Australian men and women indicate that prolonged television viewing time is associated with an increased risk of all-cause and CVD mortality. Each 1-hour increment in television viewing time was found to be associated with an 11% and an 18% increased risk of all-cause and CVD mortality, respectively. Furthermore, relative to those watching less television (,2 h/d), there was a 46% increased risk of all-cause and an 80% increased risk of CVD mortality in those watching ≥4 hours of television per day, which were independent of traditional risk factors such as smoking, blood pressure, cholesterol, and diet, as well as leisure-time exercise and waist circumference.. Insufficient moderate- to vigorous-intensity exercise has long been recognized as a predictor of chronic disease and premature death.1 However, until recently, the relationship between too much sitting and mortality had not been investigated. The HR observed for all-cause ...
LOG PROCESSING - Patent application
9. A system, comprising: a data processing apparatus; and a memory device in data communication with the data processing apparatus and storing instructions being executable by the data processing apparatus and upon such execution cause the data processing apparatus to perform operations comprising: receiving insertion data describing television advertisement airings for television advertisements that were aired by a television provider, the insertion data describing, for each television advertisement airing of a television advertisement, the television advertisement that aired, a display time of the television advertisement and a channel identifier of a channel on which the television advertisement was aired; for each television advertisement airing, defining a respective impression time window measured from the display time of the television advertisement and that expires when a time duration that is measured from the display time of the television advertisement is equal to the impression time ...
Television viewing time and mortality from stroke and coronary artery disease among Japanese men and women - The Japan...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Television viewing time and mortality from stroke and coronary artery disease among Japanese men and women - The Japan collaborative cohort study. AU - JACC Study Group. AU - Ikehara, Satoyo. AU - Iso, Hiroyasu. AU - Wada, Yasuhiko. AU - Tanabe, Naohito. AU - Watanabe, Yoshiyuki. AU - Kikuchi, Shogo. AU - Tamakoshi, Akiko. AU - Mori, Mitsuru. AU - Sakauchi, Fumio. AU - Motohashi, Yutaka. AU - Tsuji, Ichiro. AU - Nakamura, Yosikazu. AU - Mikami, Haruo. AU - Kurosawa, Michiko. AU - Hoshiyama, Yoshiharu. AU - Tanabe, Naohito. AU - Tamakoshi, Koji. AU - Wakai, Kenji. AU - Tokudome, Shinkan. AU - Suzuki, Koji. AU - Hashimoto, Shuji. AU - Kikuchi, Shogo. AU - Kawamura, Takashi. AU - Watanabe, Yoshiyuki. AU - Ozasa, Kotaro. AU - Miki, Tsuneharu. AU - Date, Chigusa. AU - Sakata, Kiyomi. AU - Kurozawa, Yoichi. AU - Yoshimura, Takesumi. AU - Fujino, Yoshihisa. AU - Shibata, Akira. AU - Okamoto, Naoyuki. AU - Shio, Hideo. AU - Group, Jacc Study. N1 - Publisher Copyright: © 2015, Japanese ...
Patent US5355162 - Multi-standard cable television system - Google Patents
A cable television system has a multiplicity of television program sources providing television signals in various predefined television signal formats. The program sources include continuous television sources provided to all users free of charge as well as pay-per-view program sources transmitted to users only upon request. Each television has a multi-standard receiver for receiving television signals in those predefined television signal formats, and is coupled to a transmission medium such as a coaxial cable. A television signal switch transmits the television signals from various ones of the program sources onto the transmission media in assigned respective frequency channels. Hidden behind each television, or elsewhere out of view of the user, is a converter coupling the respective television to the transmission media. The only connection from the converter to the television is a cable connected to the televisions cable or antennae input port. Each converter includes a controller for selecting a
Television viewing time and reduced life expectancy: A life table analysis
Background Prolonged television (TV) viewing time is unfavourably associated with mortality outcomes, particularly for cardiovascular disease, but the impact on life expectancy has not been quantifi ed. The authors estimate the extent to which TV viewing time reduces life expectancy in Australia, 2008. Methods The authors constructed a life table model that incorporates a previously reported mortality risk associated with TV time. Data were from the Australian Bureau of Statistics and the Australian Diabetes, Obesity and Lifestyle Study, a national population-based observational survey that started in 1999-2000. The authors modelled impacts of changes in population average TV viewing time on life expectancy at birth. Results The amount of TV viewed in Australia in 2008 reduced life expectancy at birth by 1.8 years (95% uncertainty interval (UI): 8.4 days to 3.7 years) for men and 1.5 years (95% UI: 6.8 days to 3.1 years) for women. Compared with persons who watch no TV, those who spend a ...
The reverse pyramid: a quali-quantitative study about food advertising inside childrens television programmes.
Considering how eating habits affect the health of children and taking into account the influence of advertising messages, we wanted to investigate the quantity and the typology of advertising on air during childrens television programmes. The
Childrens television programs (Form) - Montpelier Harrison Township Public Library
div class=citation vocab=http://schema.org/,,i class=fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw,,/i, Data from ,span resource=http://link.mhtpl.lib.in.us/resource/Ba7V1wBfPLc/ typeof=Enumeration http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Form,,span property=name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label,,a href=http://link.mhtpl.lib.in.us/resource/Ba7V1wBfPLc/,Childrens television programs,/a,,/span, - ,span property=offers typeOf=Offer,,span property=offeredBy typeof=Library ll:Library resource=http://link.mhtpl.lib.in.us/#MHTPL,,span property=name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label,,a property=url href=http://link.mhtpl.lib.in.us/,Montpelier Harrison Township Public Library,/a,,/span,,/span,,/span,,/span,,/div ...
278 billion worldwide television advertising industry to 2026 - Broadcast and CableSat
Television represents one of the most popular and widespread forms of media worldwide with around 1.6 billion households having one or more television sets. The prevalence of television makes it a preferred choice for advertisements for both large and small businesses. Television offers advertisers the ability to use motion, colour and audio to send a strong and persuasive message to the audience. The audio-visual effects also help in creating a long-lasting and emotional impact depending on the services and audience of the advertisement. According to the publishers latest report the global television advertising market reached a value of US$ 278 Billion in 2020. In spite of the competition from new media platforms, television is expected to remain as the largest advertisement segment. Moreover, the increasing penetration of television in emerging markets, such as Latin America, Eastern Europe, Africa, Middle-East, China and India is also expected to drive the television advertisement market in ...
Associations of Physical Activity and Television Viewing Time with Retinal Vascular Caliber in a Multiethnic Asian Population |...
The finding of narrow arteriolar caliber among females who watched ,1 hour of TV per day differed from that of the MESA and the AusDiab studies, which showed higher levels of TV viewing time to be associated with wider venular caliber in the overall population and in males, respectively. 25,27 Greater time spent in sedentary behaviors such as TV viewing could have potent deleterious effects on biological attributes such as lipoproteins and C-reactive protein. 24,42 However, the reasons for the association of CRAE with TV viewing among females in our study remain speculative. Sex differences have been noted in the associations of TV viewing time with cardiometabolic biomarkers, in which relationships were stronger in females than those in males. 18,43,44 In the ARIC study and subsequent meta-analysis, 5,45 the relationship between retinal vascular caliber and incident coronary heart disease was stronger in females than that in males, and may reflect the greater contribution of small vessel ...
National television violence study - Sage Publications, inc - Google Books
The National Television Violence Study is the most thorough and comprehensive study of violence on television to date. The Study responds to enormous public concern about the harmful effects of television on society. In 1993, Senator Paul Simon of Illinois issues a challenge to the television industry to voluntarily pursue an independent assessment of violence on television. In 1994, the cable television industry accepted Simons challenge by commissioning a prestigious group of media effects researchers from four major universities to conduct a three-year study of TV violence. The project includes an oversight council of representatives from 18 leading public health, legal, medical, research, and entertainment industry policy organizations. Based on the largest and most representative sample of television content ever evaluated by a single scientific study, National Television Violence Study, Volume 2 offers a commentary on the state of violence on American television for viewers, policymakers, the
JYX - Tracking of Television Viewing Time during Adulthood : The Young Finns Study
Purpose: The aim of this study was to investigate the tracking of television viewing (TV) time as an indicator of sedentary behavior among adults for a period of 25 yr. Methods: A random sample of 1601 subjects (740 men) age 18, 21, and 24 yr participated in the Cardiovascular Risk in Young Finns Study in 1986. TV time during leisure time was measured with a single self-report question at baseline and in 2001, 2007, and 2011. Tracking of TV time was analyzed using Spearman rank correlations and simplex models. Level and change of TV time were examined using linear growth modeling. Results: The 4- and 6-yr integrated TV time stability coefficients, adjusted for measurement errors, were Q0.60 in adulthood and quite similar for both men and women. The stability coefficients tended to decline as the time interval increased. The stability of the indirect estimation of TV time for a 25-yr period was moderately or highly significant for both genders in most age groups. Younger age, but not gender, was ...
Does Childhood Television Viewing Lead to Attention Problems in Adolescence? Results From a Prospective Longitudinal Study |...
CONTEXT. There is controversy over whether childhood television viewing causes attention problems. The findings from cross-sectional and longitudinal studies have been mixed. To our knowledge, no longitudinal studies have assessed the impact of childrens television viewing on attention problems in adolescence. The objective of this study was to assess this association.. DESIGN, PARTICIPANTS, AND SETTING. Study members were a general population birth cohort of 1037 participants (502 female) born in Dunedin, New Zealand, between April 1972 and March 1973. Parental estimates of childrens television-viewing time were obtained at ages 5, 7, 9, and 11 years. Self-, parent-, and teacher-reported attention problems in adolescence were obtained at ages 13 and 15 years.. RESULTS. The mean of hours of television viewing during childhood was associated with symptoms of attention problems in adolescence. These associations remained significant after controlling for gender, attention problems in early ...
List of childrens television series by country - Wikipedia
The following is a partial list of television productions for children listed by their country of origin. Childrens television programs are often broadcast in multiple countries and may be animated or live-action. Baghch-e-Simsim Koche Sesame Adrar 13 Algeria, History and Civilization Atomo Inspector Mergou Inspector Tahar Kalila and Dimna Maher The Return of Inspector Tahar Rua Sésamo Chiquititas Hijitus Mi familia es un dibujo Plim Plim Ace Day Jobs Active Kidz Adventure Island The Adventures of Blinky Bill The Adventures of Bottle Top Bill and His Best Friend Corky The Adventures of the Bush Patrol The Adventures of Long John Silver The Adventures of Sam Adventures of the Seaspray The Adventures of Skippy The Adventures of the Terrible Ten Adventures on Kythera The Afternoon Show Agros Cartoon Connection All About Animals All for Kids Alpha Scorpio A*mazing Andra Animal Park Animal Shelf Animalia Arthur! and the Square Knights of the Round Table As the Bell Rings Auskickn Around Backyard ...
Sex and the Tv: how television evolved from pregnancy scandals to pegging - CAT INFO FACTS
Bob Thompson, a professor of television and popular culture at Syracuse University, agrees that there is more extreme sexuality on television than ever before. There is more sex on television because there is more everything on television. There is just more television, he says pointing not just to the rise of scintillating images on cable and premium channels like HBO, but also the original programming thats being created by Netflix, Hulu and Amazon. Also, unlike network television or even cable, all of these new places for television content dont have the same rules and limiteds about how graphic they can be.. Because of that proliferation of television , is not merely are the stakes higher than ever to get attention, but so is the competition. After 15 to 16 years of these great depicts like The Sopranos, The Wire and Breaking Bad, writing a TV indicate now and making an effort to have it stand out and doing original things is getting harder and harder to do, Thompson says. One of the ways ...
System and method for simultaneous network recording and playback of digital television programs - Patent application
0040]FIG. 3 is a schematic diagram of a system in which a television program is received over a network connection 130 or 132 within a LAN 100 from a STB 110, 112, or 114 by a network storage server 122. The LAN network 100 can include a wired network connection 130 or a wireless network connection 132. The received television program data can be encoded in various transport formats, such as MPEG transport streams etc. and may be provided using a variety of protocols, such as, for example, UDP, RTP, or TCP/IP. The TCP/IP implementation is described in detail here. After reception of the television program data, the data can be stored on one or more permanent memory storage devices 124 within the network storage server 122 for later distribution to STB devices 110, 112, and 114 for playback on display devices 116, 118, or 120. The memory device 124 can be, for example, a magnetic storage medium (e.g., a hard disk), an optical disk, or a flash memory. Thus, the storage device 124 can act as a ...
Television Programme Producers in Mali - Manufacturers, Exporters and Suppliers - Mali Yellow Pages Online
Manufacturer of Television Programme Producers, Suppliers of Television Programme Producers, Dealers of Television Programme Producers in Mali
Childrens television viewing and cognitive outcomes: a longitudinal analysis of national data
There are modest adverse effects of television viewing before age 3 years on the subsequent cognitive development of children. These results suggest that greater adherence to the American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines that children younger than 2 years not watch television is warranted.
lcd televisions - Sell Leads for lcd televisions - lcd televisions Manufacturers, lcd televisions Suppliers, lcd televisions...
lcd televisions Sell Leads from Asian manufacturers, exporters and suppliers - lcd televisions, lcd televisions Manufacturers, lcd televisions Suppliers, lcd televisions Exporters, Companies, Factories, Categories, Asia, China, Asian, Taiwan, Indian - lcd televisions Directory, Catalog, OEM/ODM, B2B, trades, agents, Product, Factory
You Cant Do That on Television - Season 7 - TV.com
You Cant Do That on Television season 7 episode guide on TV.com. Watch all 20 You Cant Do That on Television episodes from season 7,view pictures, get episode information and more.
Television Viewing Increases Risk of Type 2 Diabetes, Cardiovascular Disease, and Mortality | Clinical Diabetes
American adults watch an average of 5 hours of television daily, and TV watching time seems to increase with age.1 TV viewing time varies across other Western countries, with those in European countries watching an average of 2-3 hours per day.2 In an era in which television watching is the predominant sedentary activity, this meta-analysis by Grontved et al. provides valuable information about the health risks associated with television watching.. It is well known that sedentary behaviors, including television watching, place one at risk for obesity,3-5 and one study showed that adults gain an average of 0.3 lb per hour of TV watching.4 Other studies have shown that television watching is associated with increased blood pressure, LDL cholesterol, and triglyceride levels and lower HDL cholesterol levels.6-9. This is the first meta-analysis to directly quantify the effects of TV viewing on health outcomes. TV watching is a sedentary activity and is also associated with higher caloric intake and ...
Creator: United States. Surgeon Generals Scientific Advisory Committee on Television and Social Behavior / Format: Text /...
You searched for: Creator United States. Surgeon Generals Scientific Advisory Committee on Television and Social Behavior Remove constraint Creator: United States. Surgeon Generals Scientific Advisory Committee on Television and Social Behavior Format Text Remove constraint Format: Text Subject Tobacco Smoke Pollution Remove constraint Subject: Tobacco Smoke Pollution ...
Creator: United States. Surgeon Generals Scientific Advisory Committee on Television and Social Behavior / Genre: Official...
You searched for: Creator United States. Surgeon Generals Scientific Advisory Committee on Television and Social Behavior Remove constraint Creator: United States. Surgeon Generals Scientific Advisory Committee on Television and Social Behavior Genre Official reports Remove constraint Genre: Official reports Subject Tobacco Smoke Pollution Remove constraint Subject: Tobacco Smoke Pollution ...
Yandex develops gesture-controlled television screens
by Gavril Mankoo Reaching out for the remote placed below your television screen beats the purpose of being a couch potato-turnip-pumpkin, right? Well, soon you simply will not have to use a remote control to flick the channels and control the television screens volume! Behold, gesture control! Better known as Russias own Google, Yandex has pulled the veil off what could soon be termed as yet another cause of modern day obesity and lethargy, the gesture-controlled television screen! The screen allows a viewer to surf through channels without getting up from his/her seat and walking around the look for the remote control ...
Dispatches from the War: Epidemics are staged on Television « Jon Rappoports Blog
Network also shows us the audience becoming actor, player, participant. The audience is jumping out of its skin to be recognized, courted, and adored as a mighty rolling force embodying no particular meaning.. Audience wants to be a star. Audience wants to BE news; audience wants its actions to be shown on television. That establishes its legitimacy. Nothing else is necessary.. Diana knows it, and she is more than willing to accommodate this frantic desire, if only her bosses will let her go all the way.. The best film ever made about televisions war on the population, Network stages only a few minutes of on-air television.. The rest of the film is dialogue and monologue about television. Thus you could say that, in this case, word defeats image. Which was scriptwriter Paddy Chayefskys intent.. Even when showing what happens on the TV screen, Network bursts forth with lines like these, from newsman Howard Beale, at the end of his rope, on-camera, speaking to his in-studio audience and millions ...
Insufficient Physical Activity and Overweight: Does Caregiver Screen-Viewing Matter?<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Insufficient Physical Activity and Overweight. T2 - Does Caregiver Screen-Viewing Matter?. AU - Lin, Yi Ching. AU - Fung, Xavier C.C.. AU - Tsai, Meng-Che. AU - Strong, Carol. AU - Hsieh, Yi Ping. AU - Lin, Chung Ying. PY - 2019/1/15. Y1 - 2019/1/15. N2 - Physical activity (PA) is essential for childrens health and well-being, yet many children around the world do not meet the recommended PA levels. Screen-viewing behavior is one of the possible factors leading to low levels of PA and being overweight. Although research in Western countries shows that caregivers screen-viewing behavior and rule-setting are associated with their childrens screen-viewing behavior, these results may not be generalizable to East Asian populations. Therefore, the current study proposed two mediation models to investigate whether insufficient physical activity mediates the relationship between childrens screen viewing behavior and overweight status, and whether such screen-viewing behavior mediates ...
Articles about Revelations Television Program - latimes
Revelations Television Program News. Find breaking news, commentary, and archival information about Revelations Television Program From The latimes
Articles about Jonas Television Program - latimes
Jonas Television Program News. Find breaking news, commentary, and archival information about Jonas Television Program From The latimes
Television programs - Find Television programs Articles, Blogs, Slideshow, Videos
Television programs - find articles, blogs, slideshow, videos and discussion based on God. Speakingtree.in is the Indias first and largest online spiritual network that offers one on one interaction between spiritual masters and seekers.
Television New Unexpected Triumph Digital PDF E2ab4928d - The Link
This Television Is the New Television: The Unexpected Triumph of Old Media in the Digital Age book is not really ordinary book, you have it then the world is in your hands. The benefit you get by reading this book is actually information inside this reserve incredible fresh, you will get information which is getting deeper an individual read a lot of information you will get. This kind of Television Is the New Television: The Unexpected Triumph of Old Media in the Digital Age without we recognize teach the one who looking at it become critical in imagining and analyzing. Dont be worry Television Is the New Television: The Unexpected Triumph of Old Media in the Digital Age can bring any time you are and not make your tote space or bookshelves grow to be full because you can have it inside your lovely laptop even cell phone. This Television Is the New Television: The Unexpected Triumph of Old Media in the Digital Age having great arrangement in word and layout, so you will not really feel ...
List of films based on television programs - Wikipedia
This a list of television programs that were later adapted into films. 100 Things to Do Before High School 101 Dalmatians: The Series (101 Dalmatians Christmas) Aladdin (The Return of Jafar and Aladdin and the King of Thieves were the pilot and series finale to the series respectively) All Grown Up! (started off as a one-hour TV movie coinciding with Rugrats 10th anniversary before being spun off into its own series) The Amazing Spider-Man American Dad! (short film pilot episode, Inside the CIA) The Andy Griffith Show and Mayberry R.F.D. (TV movie reunion episode, Return to Mayberry (1986)) Angela Anaconda (opening segment of Digimon: The Movie) As Told by Ginger Atlantis: Milos Return (originally conceived as the pilot for a proposed series that was never realised) Avatar: The Last Airbender Battlestar Galactica (TV pilot edited into a big screen release) Belles Magical World (originally conceived as the pilot for a proposed series that was never realised) Ben Casey (TV movie reunion ...
CULVER CITY, Calif., September 28, 2015 - STEVE MOSKO NAMED CHAIRMAN, SONY PICTURES TELEVISION | Press Release | Sony Pictures
CULVER CITY, CA - September 28, 2015] Sony Entertainment CEO Michael Lynton today named Steve Mosko as Chairman, Sony Pictures Television. Previously President, Sony Pictures Television, Mosko will continue to oversee all television operations for Sony Pictures Entertainment worldwide, reporting to Lynton. Lynton made the announcement today at a studio all-staff meeting.. Under Steves leadership, Sony Pictures Television has become the industrys largest independent television studio, said Lynton. Our media networks business has expanded to over 150 channel feeds around the world and the company is well-positioned for growth in both production and distribution. Steve is a remarkable executive and we are proud to have him at the helm of Sony Pictures Television. Mosko added, I am honored to be named Chairman, and grateful to Michael, my colleagues at Sony Pictures, and to the incredible team at Sony Pictures Television, whose hard work and dedication has built the successful global business ...
Royal Television Society (RTS) Bursary - University of Bradford
If you choose to study the BA (Hons) Film and Television Production course at the University of Bradford, you may be eligible to apply for a Royal Television Society Bursary.. The Royal Television Society is an educational charity and the leading forum for discussion and debate on all aspects of television. The Society runs the Television Production and Broadcast Journalism Bursary, which aims to promote access to careers in television, support the industry to recruit talented graduates, and to build links between broadcasters and education providers.. The bursary provides £1,000 a year to support living expenses, membership of the Royal Television Society and affiliate membership of the Hospital Club.. This bursary provides support for students from low-income households by helping them to build a network of contacts, providing financial help and opportunities for skills development and mentoring. All of RTSs successful bursary applicants have demonstrated ability and commitment to their ...
TV-AM - Television Anté Meridian (UK, Morning Television) | AcronymFinder
How is Television Anté Meridian (UK, Morning Television) abbreviated? TV-AM stands for Television Anté Meridian (UK, Morning Television). TV-AM is defined as Television Anté Meridian (UK, Morning Television) very rarely.
E-sports on Television. Would you watch it? - Page 7
If there was an E-Sports channel equivalent to ESPN would you watch it? What games would you like to see? And what kinds of shows might be interesting enough to draw in non-gamers? If there were an E-sports channel on television, it would be the only thing on my television ever.... well except when Im playing my own video games. My personal favorite E-sport is Starcraft 2, but I also think League of Legends and Call of Duty would do well too. For programs other than live games, I think
disability on television | FWD/Forward
Ive been rather behind on my television viewing lately, and I only recently caught up on Selfish, the second episode of the new season of House (please be advised that this post contains significant spoilers for said episode). After watching it, I needed several weeks to ponder it before I could write about it, because it was an awful episode, and it had a whole lot of problems going on with it. I knew I wanted to open up discussion about it here, but had trouble getting a handle on how to begin.. The episode opens with a scene of a skateboarder in an indoor facility, showing off tricks for a group of wheelchair users and seemingly nondisabled adults. Shredding for a Cure, a banner hanging in the facility alerts us. The skateboarder comes to a halt and volunteers to push one of the wheelchair users, who turns out to be her brother, around.. My hackles went up pretty much immediately. House, like seemingly every other show on television, cant wrap its head around the idea that wheelchair ...
Room at the Top: Empowering Women in Broadcast News Leadership. The purpose of this qualitative study of current and former women television news directors is to understand how the organizational culture of television news supports or fails to support women as news managers. Through in-depth interviews with women who are or have been news directors in local television markets, this study seeks to explore the issues that contribute to the relatively low percentage of women in news director roles in the industry. By revealing the lived experiences of some of these women, this study seeks to describe existing barriers and opportunities in management. The results of this research have the potential to empower women in television news and invigorate the recruitment and retention of women news directors. Diversity in the newsroom, among both staff and management, is essential to practicing responsible journalism that truly reflects and benefits the audience. Read More ...
Judy Ann Santos Asked About the Short Stint of Starla on Television
Kami.com.ph News ☛ Judy Ann Santos is one of the most acclaimed film and television actresses in the Philippines. In a recent interview, she revealed the real reason why her latest project only has a short stint on television.
Fast-food restaurant advertising on television and its influence on childhood obesity (eBook, 2005) [WorldCat.org]
Get this from a library! Fast-food restaurant advertising on television and its influence on childhood obesity. [Shin-Yi Chou; Inas Rashad; Michael Grossman; National Bureau of Economic Research.] -- Abstract: Childhood obesity around the world, and particularly in the United States, is an escalating problem that is especially detrimental as its effects carry on into adulthood. In this paper we ...
Does eating family meals and having the television on during dinner correlate with overweight? A sub-study of the PRO GREENS...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Does eating family meals and having the television on during dinner correlate with overweight?. T2 - A sub-study of the PRO GREENS project, looking at children from nine European countries. AU - Roos, Eva. AU - Pajunen, Tuuli. AU - Ray, Carola. AU - Lynch, Christel. AU - Kristiansdottir, Asa Gudrun. AU - Halldorsson, Thorhallur I. AU - Thorsdottir, Inga. AU - Te Velde, Saskia J. AU - Krawinkel, Michael. AU - Behrendt, Isabel. AU - de Almeida, Maria Daniel Vaz. AU - Franchini, Bela. AU - Papadaki, Angeliki. AU - Moschandreas, Joanna. AU - Ribič, Cirila Hlastan. AU - Petrova, Stefka. AU - Duleva, Vesselka. AU - Simčič, Irena. AU - Yngve, Agneta. PY - 2014/11. Y1 - 2014/11. N2 - OBJECTIVE: Family meals have been negatively associated with overweight in children, while television (TV) viewing during meals has been associated with a poorer diet. The aim of the present study was to assess the association of eating family breakfast and dinner, and having a TV on during dinner, with ...
The Neurocritic: July 2007
This study was inspired by the rise in television targeting toddlers and preverbal infants (e.g., Teletubbies, Baby Mozart). Overall, we investigated if very young children who are in the early stages of language acquisition can learn vocabulary quickly (fast map) from television programs. Using a fast mapping paradigm, this study examined a group (n = 48) of toddlers (15-24 months) and their ability to learn novel words. Utilizing a repeated measures design, we compared childrens ability to learn various novel words in 5 different conditions. These included the presentation and identification of a novel word by an adult speaker via live presentation when the toddler was attending (i.e., joint reference), an adult via live presentation when the toddler was not attending, an adult speaker on television, and an edited clip from a childrens television program (Teletubbies). Overall, the toddlers were most successful in learning novel words in the joint reference condition. They were significantly ...
Understanding Socialist Television: Concepts, Objects, Methods
There are several methodological aspects of socialist television research that I could discuss here, but I shall focus only on one, namely the problem of methodological nationalism - namely, the tendency to treat the nation-state as a natural unit of analysis. I shall argue that the study of socialist television offers a particularly good basis for developing an original alternative to methodological nationalism. However, to develop that alternative, we need to step a bit further than just examining the transnational aspects of socialist television.. The vast majority of existing research on socialist television is based on national case studies, and although at least some of the studies do acknowledge televisions transnational dimensions - for instance by noting foreign programme imports, professional exchanges, cultural influences, or simply similarities with developments elsewhere - the overall narrative is one that focuses on developing a national television history. The most immediate ...
Chinese detergent maker apologises for racist television advertisement - The Financial Express
A Chinese detergent maker has apologised for a television advertisement that many in China and around the world called racist, but also blamed the media for causing the public outcry.
Search Results | National Longitudinal Surveys
Banning fast food advertisements from childrens television programs would reduce the number of overweight children in the U.S. by 18 percent and decrease the number of overweight teens by 14 percent, economists have estimated in a new study. The researchers used several statistical models to link obesity rates to the amount of time spent viewing fast food advertising, finding that viewing more fast food commercials on television raises the risk of obesity in children. The study appears in this months issue of The Journal of Law and Economics. There is not a lot of evidence that overweight kids are more likely to watch TV than other kids, said Michael Grossman, professor of economics at the City University of New York. Were arguing the causality is how many messages are aired -- seeing more of these messages is leading people to put on weight. The studys co-authors are Shin-Yi Chou, an economist at Lehigh College, and Inas Rashad, an economist at Georgia State University. But the ...
Televised liquor ads draw Congressional attention - The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press
WASHINGTON, D.C.-Rep. Joe Kennedy (D-Mass.) in early October asked the Federal Communications Commission to investigate the effects hard liquor television advertisements could have on children and requested a public hearing on the matter after Seagram America began airing commercials in June in Texas and New Hampshire. Kennedy had previously introduced legislation - titled the Just Say No Act - that would have banned hard liquor advertisements on television.. In a letter to FCC Chairman Reed Hundt, Kennedy requested an immediate investigation of the problem.. We believe television advertising of hard liquor is clearly detrimental to our children and the public interest, Kennedy wrote.. For the past 48 years, the liquor industry has abided by a voluntary ban of television advertising established by the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States. Seagrams decision to air commercials for Crown Royal whiskey on a Corpus Christi, Texas television station is the first time a hard liquor ...
Digital Screen Media and Cognitive Development | SUPPLEMENT ARTICLES | Pediatrics
By ∼2.5 years of age, children are able to comprehend and learn from age-appropriate, child-directed television programs, although comprehension of more complex television programming continues to increase at least up to ∼12 years of age.15 Once comprehension is established, television begins to influence child knowledge and, therefore, cognitive development more generally. This influence can be both positive and negative. On the positive side, numerous evaluations of preschool educational television programs such as Sesame Street have found a positive impact on vocabulary, literacy, social behavior, and academic knowledge.16 Educational television viewing is associated with greater school readiness and increased academic performance that is traceable through high school.17,18 There is little question from a large amount of research that educational television has a positive impact on cognitive development.. Beyond the preschool years, however, most television watched by children is ...
College footballs return boosts television ratings - KSNF/KODE - FourStatesHomepage.com
NEW YORK (AP) - Television viewers are ready for some football.. Three college matchups scored among the Nielsen companys four most-watched television programs last week. Only an episode of NBCs Americas Got Talent broke through.. The most popular game was ABCs Saturday night telecast where Georgia handed third-ranked Clemson a loss in Charlotte, North Carolina. The other popular matchups paired Notre Dame and Florida State and Ohio State and Minnesota.. Its all a warmup act for pro football, which starts its season this week and promises to dominate live television viewing.. Since it showed two of the three games, ABC was the weeks most-watched network in prime time, with an average of 4.4 million viewers. CBS had 2.6 million, NBC had 2.53 million, Fox had 2.49 million, Univision had 1.5 million, Ion Television had 1.1 million and Telemundo had 1 million.. Fox News Channel led the cable networks, averaging 2.59 million viewers in prime time. MSNBC had 1.218 million, ESPN had 1.217 ...
Access to Emergency Information on Television | Federal Communications Commission
This page contains important information and activities pertaining to the Commissions rules regarding access to emergency information on television, including rules, guides, orders, public notices, notices and press releases.
An essay on television a boon or a bane - Multiple Choice Questions - pazarce.info
An essay on television a boon or a bane. Capstone Writing. On a holistic level, I felt that this should be a standard requirement for all scientists, since scientific literature is becoming more and more inaccessible (due to poor communication)--giving way to pseudoscience purely because it is better written and accessible.
The Museum of Broadcast Communications - Encyclopedia of Television - Violence and Television
Underlying concern for the level of violence in society, often brought into focus by particular historical events, has lead authorities in several countries to set up investigative bodies to examine the portrayal of violence on television. In 1969 the U.S. Surgeon General was given the task of exploring evidence of a link between television and subsequent aggression. The research that was a product of this inquiry attempted to find a scientific answer to the issue of whether television violence causes aggressive behavior, in much the way an earlier investigation had examined the link between cigarettes and lung cancer. The conclusions of the report were equivocal and while some saw this as a reflecting vested interests in the membership of the committee, research over the following 20 years has not silenced the debate. While in 1985 the American Psychological Association stated a belief that the overwhelming weight of evidence supports a causal relation, there is not unanimity even among ...
Internet television should not be confused with Smart TV, IPTV or with Web TV. Smart television refers to the television set ... A television set, also called a television receiver, television, TV set, TV, or "telly", is a device that combines a tuner, ... Smart TV should not to be confused with Internet TV, Internet Protocol television (IPTV) or with Web TV. Internet television ... A smart television, sometimes referred to as connected TV or hybrid TV, is a television set or set-top box with integrated ...
Westward TV' caption, with 'TV' in red. The tune that accompanied the colour television ident was originally a nautical fanfare ... Television in England, Mass media in Plymouth, Devon, Television channels and stations established in 1961, Television channels ... Independent Television 1970, London: Independent Television Authority, p. 215 Croston, Eric (editor) Television and Radio 1975 ... He closed Westward Television with this announcement: Many thanks to our friends at Scottish Television, north of the border. ...
1939 British television series endings, Lost BBC episodes, BBC Television shows, British live television series, Black-and- ... Television Surveys is a British television series which aired in 1939 on the BBC. It consists of live telecasts from different ... 1930s British television series, 1939 British television series debuts, ... None of the episodes still exist, as methods to record live television were not developed until late 1947 and were used very ...
"I', addicted to television": the personality, imagination, and TV watching patterns of self-identified TV addicts". www.bnet. ... Television (Behavioral addiction, Television studies, Television terminology, Digital media use and mental health). ... Addiction Social aspects of television Television consumption Video game addiction TV Addiction: Characteristics and Treatment ... Healthline How Viewers Grow Addicted To Television - The New York Times Television addiction: Implication for enhancing media ...
This contrasts with broadcast television (also known as terrestrial television), in which the television signal is transmitted ... is used in the US for cable television and originally stood for Community Access Television or Community Antenna Television, ... is a television network available via cable television. When available through satellite television, including direct broadcast ... At each television, the subscriber's television or a set-top box provided by the cable company translates the desired channel ...
... can refer to: Rogers Television, a network of community television in Canada Télévision Rogers, sister ... network in French This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Television Rogers. If an internal link led ...
... and an SSA with WXXA-TV WRIC-TV in Richmond, Virginia WBAY-TV in Green Bay, Wisconsin KWQC-TV in Davenport, Iowa KELO-TV in ... "Gray Television, Atlanta". TVNewsCheck. Retrieved July 10, 2018. "Gray Television SEC Filing". Gray Television. "Gray ... KRON-TV in San Francisco, California, WATE-TV in Knoxville, Tennessee, and WLNS-TV in Lansing, Michigan, the latter two due to ... Gray launched WALB-TV in 1954. In 1960, Gray purchased WJHG-TV in Panama City, Florida, and followed it later in the decade ...
Television networks in China, Television channels and stations established in 2006, All stub articles, Asian television station ... Hubei Television, (simplified Chinese: 湖北电视台; traditional Chinese: 湖北電視台; pinyin: Húběi Diànshìtái) is a television network in ... Articles using infobox television channel, Articles containing simplified Chinese-language text, Articles containing ...
... counterprogramming is the practice of offering television programs to attract an audience from another television station ... "AEW TV deal: Weekly show to air live on TNT with Turner also streaming pay-per-views". CBS Sports. Retrieved May 21, 2019. ... "TV ratings: Super Bowl on pace for a record audience". Zap2It. Archived from the original on January 12, 2014. Retrieved ... "How TV Networks Are Accidentally-and Purposefully-Trolling Trump on Inauguration Day". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 27 January 2017 ...
... may refer to: A student television station, one run by students The National Student Television Association ... Carolina at Chapel Hill Student Television This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Student television ...
The company, like the other cable TV operators in Burgas, provides analogue television, digital television, Internet access and ... Television networks in Bulgaria, Television channels and stations established in 1992, Bulgarian-language television stations, ... Skat Television (Bulgarian: Национална телевизия Скат) is a Bulgarian national cable television company. The company was ... In 2005 Skat television became a center of controversy caused by the company's hosting of programs and shows supporting ...
... , LLC was a television station holding company founded by Providence Equity Partners and Sandy DiPasquale in ... As of October 10, 2007, Newport had agreed to sell KION-TV, KMUV-LP, K44DN, KKFX-CA, KCOY-TV to Cowles Publishing Company for $ ... Variety Television Network (VTV) "Clear Channel Agrees to Sell Television Station Group to Providence Equity Partners". ... In September 2007, Newport agreed to sell KFTY and KVOS-TV to LK Station Group LLC for $26.6 million. The deal was set to be ...
Kingfisher Television') is a Bangladeshi Bengali-language satellite and cable television channel owned by the Square Group. It ... Along with Bangladesh Television and GTV, Maasranga Television broadcast the 2016 Asia Cup for Bangladeshi audiences. Maasranga ... "Maasranga TV". "Maasranga Television Company Profile". 'রুদ্র' এবার যুক্ত হচ্ছে বাংলাদেশেও. Bangla Tribune (in Bengali). 29 ... Maasranga is the first television channel in Bangladesh to broadcast on high-definition television. In July 2015, in observance ...
The term "advanced television" was first used at the MIT Media Lab in the early 1990s to explain why high-definition television ... Advanced television is an array of features enabled by digital technology that significantly change analog television as it has ... In 1996, David Weiss defined "advanced television" in his book, Issues in Advanced Television Technology to describe "an ... Weiss, David (1996). Issues in Advanced Television Technology. ISBN 0-240-80250-0. Weiss, David, Issues in Advanced Television ...
The television was launched on October 1, 1959. And it is one of the earliest launched televisions in People's Republic of ... LRTV now has 6 radio channels and 8 TV channels for the public and 5 Pay TV channels for all the viewers in China. LRTV ... Television networks in China, Television channels and stations established in 1959, Mass media in Shenyang). ... Liaoning Radio and Television or LRTV is located in Shenyang, Liaoning province, China. ...
... was a British limited company which operated television studios in Aston, Birmingham from 1956 to 1970. The ... in the process becoming Thames Television. As a result, ABC decided to sell their stake in Alpha Television to ATV as their ... A History of Independent Television in the Midlands, 2007, p.114 ITV 1968, Independent Television Authority, London, 1967 UK ... ABC Weekend Television lost its Midlands weekend contract as the authority decided to create a seven-day licence for the area, ...
... also owns a mobile phone operator called U Mobile. List of Malaysian television stations Mega TV (non-operational ... U television is therefore able to broadcast even during inclement weather. U television is largely owned by Tan Sri Vincent Tan ... Television channels and stations established in 2005, Pay television, Mass media in Kuala Lumpur, Privately held companies of ... U Television Sdn. Bhd. (formerly known as U Telecom Media Holdings Sdn. Bhd. and MiTV Corporation Sdn. Bhd.) is Malaysia's ...
The Company plans to launch a Video On Demand product in 2007 and broadband television product (IPTV) in early 2008. Television ... Voyages Television is a global platform for the marketing of luxury travel destinations and the distribution of travel products ... The original service was launched in TaiChung on the 4th of April 2002 to 520,000 cable television homes. Voyages' point of ... across television, the Internet, Internet television (IPTV) and Video on Demand. The Company's focus is on the six major ...
... is an American television network specializing in the sale of jewelry for both men and women. On-air and ... Jewelry Television airs 24 hours a day, although programming hours vary between each region, based on the local TV provider. In ... In 2006, Jewelry Television bought competitor Shop at Home and its assets from Scripps. On June 21, 2006, Jewelry Television ... "About JTV (Jewelry Television) , JTV.com". www.jtv.com. Retrieved May 11, 2019. "Jewelry Television Celebrates "The Wendy ...
A television director is in charge of the activities involved in making a television program or section of a program. They are ... In a television show composed of individual episodes, the television director's role may differ from a film director's in that ... Factual or documentary TV directors may take any number of roles in the television production process, or combine several roles ... In an episodic television production, the major creative control will likely reside with the television producer(s) of the show ...
... Co., Ltd (株式会社テレビ岩手, Kabushiki-gaisha TV Iwate), also known as TVI, is a Japanese broadcast network affiliated ... Television stations in Japan, Nippon News Network, Television channels and stations established in 1969, Mass media in Morioka ... Iwate, All stub articles, Asian television station stubs, Japanese television stubs). ... Morioka(Main Station) 35ch Morioka(Main Station) 18ch 5kigenTV NEWS PLUS 1 IWATE Television Iwate v t e (Articles with short ...
... who was producing shows and TV movies under the logos of Columbia Pictures Television and TriStar Television. In 1997, it was ... Mandalay Television is a television production company, founded in 1995, which is part of producer and businessman Peter ... The television unit was founded at the same time as the parent studio Mandalay Entertainment. It originally had an exclusive ... In 1999, the deal with Columbia TriStar Television was extended. In 2000, Elizabeth Stephen, who moved off from theatrical ...
... original programming, Anhui Television, Television networks in China, Television channels and stations ... Anhui Television (AHTV; Chinese: 安徽卫视), is a television network in the Hefei and Anhui province. It was founded and started to ...
The television director is usually responsible for directing the actors and other filmed aspects of a television production. ... In television, a television producer can be given one of the following titles: Associate producer The associate producer ... The composer occasionally writes theme music for a television show. A television program's theme music is a melody closely ... In television, the sound editor deals with audio editing, adjusting and fixing of the soundtrack. They usually have a major ...
Fox Television Studios (FTVS) was formed in 1997 alongside 20th Century Fox Television and 20th Television under executive ... Foxstar Productions was a division of Fox Television Studios. The original iteration of Touchstone Television was a television ... Low, Elaine (August 10, 2020). "Disney Rebrands TV Studios, 20th Century Fox TV to Become 20th Television". Variety. Retrieved ... The second incarnation of Touchstone Television (formerly known as Fox 21 Television Studios) was an American television ...
Defunct television networks in the United States, Asian-American television, Comcast, Television channels and stations ... AZN Television (formerly called International Channel) was a cable TV channel which promoted itself as "the network for Asian ... popjapan.tv (Japanese music videos and interviews from Sony Music Japan artists) Punjabi Variety (Other variety/music) Rang TV ... Farewell to AZN Television from YouTube (Articles with short description, Short description matches Wikidata, Use mdy dates ...
... proper can trace its genesis to local TV news programs in the UK and USA, which have featured ghost ... Paranormal television is a genre of reality television that purports to document factual investigations of the paranormal ... "TV Skeptic: 'Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files' looks at the real 'Battle of L.A.' - latimes.com". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved ... The earliest TV show devoted exclusively to the paranormal was One Step Beyond which broadcast 96 episodes on the ABC network ...
British anthology television series, BBC television dramas, Social realism, Television genres, Television plays). ... Television plays became less common from the 1980s, because of a trend in 1980s television drama towards the television film ... A television play is a television programming genre which is a drama performance broadcast from a multi-camera television ... the period of live TV dramas which framed the Golden Age of Television. In the Soviet Union the broadcast-only TV plays were ...
RTÉ television channels, Defunct British television channels, Television channels and stations established in 1997, Television ... Tara Television (or Tara TV) was an Irish cable and satellite channel aimed primarily at Irish people living in Britain, it was ... of the Republic of Ireland Television in Ireland List of defunct Irish television channels List of defunct British television ... Tara Television wound up in High Court', 19 March 2002 RTÉ press release: Liquidator appointed to Tara TV, 19 March 2002 BBC ...
Waisbord, S (2004). "Mc TV: Understanding the global popularity of television formats". Television & New Media. 5 (4): 359-383 ... "FMPD: TV show 'COPS' to start filming in Fort Myers next week". Retrieved July 7, 2018. "Rachel Antony appointed Greenstone TV ... "Reality TV is About Surveillance"; Mark Adrejevic, The New York Times, October 21, 2012 "Reality TV, Or The Secret Theatre of ... Reality TV: Remaking television culture (pp. 243-259). 2nd ed., New York and London: New York University Press. Grazian, D. ( ...
Danielle Redlick takes the stand in murder trial
... has partnered with a handful of agricultural social media influencers whom we have dubbed The New Crop. These folks have ... RFD-TV has partnered with a handful of agricultural social media influencers whom we have dubbed The New Crop. These folks have ... From great gospel music to the joy and wonder of toy trains, special RFD-TV programs will bring the best of the Christmas ... Long before the days of the internet and online streaming, families gathered around their television on Sunday evenings and ...
Television antenna - Wikipedia
A television antenna (TV aerial) is an antenna specifically designed for use with a television receiver (TV) to receive over- ... "Digital TV". www.digitaltv.gov.hk.. *^ a b "Combining or Stacking Two TV Antennas - Stallions Satellite and Antenna". tvantenna ... the-air broadcast television signals from a television station. Television reception is dependent upon the antenna as well as ... "Antennas Direct - FAQs About HD Television Antennas". www.terrestrial-digital.com.. *^ "Lightning Protection for TV and Radio ...
Frontline (American TV program) - Wikipedia
"TV Worth Watching. Retrieved September 29, 2022.. *^ Gregory, Sean (October 7, 2013). "New Book, and PBS Documentary, Details ... David Zurawik of The Baltimore Sun wrote that the episode "Inside the Meltdown", was "one of the finest hours of non-fiction TV ... Main article: List of Frontline (American TV program) episodes. See also. *Timothy Grucza, an award-winning ... The show is produced by the WGBH Educational Foundation, the parent company of WGBH-TV in Boston, which is solely responsible ...
TV Review: Disney's 'Descendants'
Shortland Street (TV Series 1992- ) - IMDb
Producer at Hearst Television
WBAL TV has an opening for a strong, take-charge producer who knows how to create memorable newsc... ... About Hearst Television. Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the ... Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets ... WBAL TV has an opening for a strong, take-charge producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts. The right candidate will ...
Who Invented Television? - HISTORY
By the 1950s, television had truly entered the mainstream, with more than half of all American homes owning TV sets by 1955. As ... Early TV Technology: Mechanical Spinning Discs. No single inventor deserves credit for the television. The idea was floating ... Televisions origins can be traced to the 1830s and 40s, when Samuel F.B. Morse developed the telegraph, the system of sending ... Decade after decade, TV technology has steadily advanced: Color arrived in the 1960s, followed by cable in the 70s, VCRs in ...
Penske Media Corporation Acquires ATX TV Festival. The deal will put PMC in charge of the ATX Television Festival, though the ... Fall TV Preview: The 20 Shows Youll Want to Watch * White Lotus Season 2 Sets Premiere Date: All the Details for the Series ... Is Yellowstone the Next Law & Order? A Hard Look at the Taylorverse and What It Means for TV. Taylor Sheridan is building a ... Mark Burnett Exits MGM Worldwide Television. Burnett has been with the company since 2015. ...
Stories About Reality TV - CBS News
TV | SHOWstudio
TV | SHOWstudio
Laser Television | MIT Technology Review
... plasma TV lovers. Later this year, -Mitsubishi and -Samsung could be selling TVs that use lasers to provide more, and more ... Watch out, plasma TV lovers. Later this year, -Mitsubishi and -Samsung could be selling TVs that use lasers to provide more, ... The first commercial products to use the Novalux technology will be televisions that have 72 lasers each. But mobile gadgets ...
TH-49LX1K Television - Panasonic Malaysia
This TV is designed for you. It features indirect lighting in order to maintain comfortable viewing circumstances even in a ... Television - Do you sometimes turn off the room lights to enjoy movies or sports? ... Smart TVs Get Easier to Use with Firefox OS. The "Simple, Easy and Customisable" concept supported by Firefox OS lets you enjoy ... A New Lifestyle Experience with Gentle Lighting 4K TV. Do you sometimes turn off the room lights to enjoy movies or sports? ...
television - The television channel | Britannica
Most cable television programs are distributed over communications satellites.. A cable television system begins at the head ... Cable television. In the United States, about two-thirds of homes obtain their broadcast television over coaxial cable systems ... The television channel. When the band of frequencies in the picture signal is imposed on the high-frequency broadcast carrier ... The standard broadcast television channels of the United States are assigned 6 megahertz each in the following segments of the ...
Television Violence | C-SPAN.org
Members of Congress first talked about legislation they intend to introduce which would require televisions to be manufactured ... Members of Congress first talked about legislation they intend to introduce which would require televisions to be manufactured ... A panel of technology representatives demonstrated devices for television sets which would allow parents to control family ... A panel of technology representatives demonstrated devices for television sets which would allow parents to control family ...
Jerry Bruckheimer Television
... breaking news and the latest updates about Jerry Bruckheimer Television at Deadline Hollywood. ... Latest in Jerry Bruckheimer Television KristieAnne Reed Sets Her TV Development Team At Jerry Bruckheimer Television Jerry ... Jerry Bruckheimer Television Inks Overall Deal With CBS TV Studios Fourteen months after Jerry Bruckheimer Television left ... Television after 15 years, the company has signed a three-year overall deal with CBS Television Studios. At the time of the ...
Television | America Magazine
BAFTA Television Awards
The official destination for discovering the best in British and international television as seen in the UK ... BAFTA Television: The Winners. See the full list of winners for the Virgin Media BAFTA TV Awards and TV Craft Awards ... Winners Portraits: BAFTA Television 2020. This years Virgin Media British Academy Television Awards and Television Craft ... Television Awards Information. General InformationTelevision Awards TimetablesAwards CategoriesAwards Entry Guidelines ...
Television review: 'Game Change' - Los Angeles Times
Television review: Game Change By Mary McNamara, Los Angeles Times Television Critic ... Previously she was assistant managing editor for arts and entertainment following a 12-year stint as television critic and ... Rating: TV-MA (may be unsuitable for children under the age of 17) ... the unfortunate reality television show - Palin did indeed speak directly to people who felt politically disenfranchised. And, ...
TV Chip and Joanna Gaines Magnolia Empire Is Huge. Its About to Get Way Bigger By Andrew Wallenstein 1 week ... Intel Pushes Internet TV Launch to 2014 as It Seeks Partners: Source ... The Best Cyber Week Tech Deals Have Arrived - Save Big on TVs, Laptops & Headphones ... Frank Fouce Jr., Pioneer of Spanish-Language U.S. TV, Dies at 85 ... TV 9 years Will Breaking Bad Join TVs Best Finales of All- ...
Sharethrough Launches Sharethrough.tv
PRNewswire/ -- Sharethrough, a native video advertising platform, today announced the launch of Sharethrough.tv, the industrys ... Sharethrough.tv quickly cuts through all the crap so you can get to the best work out there," said Jason Harris, President/CEO ... Sharethrough.tv is a smart extension of that mission. It is a great application for clients to view the best creative work, and ... Sharethrough.tv allows users to quickly drill down to the specific videos they are looking for, whether its by a particular ...
Directing TV Movies for Kids. With the booming market for TV movies for teens and tweens, more and more directors are learning ... Women Directors on TV. Most people in the industry agree the number of female directors in episodic TV is appalling. We asked ... Television. Feature stories about the craft and challenges of directors and their teams in episodic television, movies for ... Recent TV Hall of Fame inductee Jay Sandrich emerged as a pioneering sitcom director, and he was generous in paying his ...
Cult Television - University of Minnesota Press
Exploring the definition and appeal of cult TV from Emma Peel to Buffy ... Cult Television is a very useful book that is taking a serious topic-how television shows work as both art and commerce-very ... In Cult Television leading scholars examine such shows as The X-Files; The Avengers; Doctor Who, Babylon Five; Star Trek; Xena ... A television series is tagged with the label "cult" by the media, advertisers, and network executives when it is considered ...
Television, Pop! Vinyl Figures - Entertainment Earth
Buy Television toys, collectibles and fun stuff at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible ... V TV Show Diana Pop! Vinyl Figure. Item #: FU52029. V TV Show Diana Pop! Vinyl Figure: This V TV Show Diana Pop! Vinyl Figure ... MAD TV Alfred E. Neuman Pop! Vinyl Figure. Item #: FU52004. MAD TV Alfred E. Neuman Pop! Vinyl Figure: This MAD TV Alfred E. ... V TV Show Exposed Alien Pop! Vinyl Figure. Item #: FU52030. V TV Show Exposed Alien Pop! Vinyl Figure: This V TV Show Exposed ...
Prophet Amos Tv
ABINADAB TV GH A-JAE TV RCI/ AGCI TV ANDAM TV FRESH TV KADE UPCI GH TV HSTV SOFO AMOAKO TV RUSH TV DARKOA TV GH PULSE TV NORVAN ... THE BASE TV NET2 TV KESSBEN TV K A TELEVISION FLOODLIGHT TV MIGHTY TV NSEMPAFIE TV S24 TV DE GOD SON TV KUMASI ONLINE TV OKB ... BIGJOE TV TMZUS TV OBISS TV ASANTEMAN MEDIA TV RANSGINA MEDIA GH JESUS SAVES TV GH GLOBAL WORSHIP TV LORDSON TV NPP TV ... AKORA TV NESTER TV DW NEWS KENTE GH HOPE4LIFE TV VINYL TV ADINKRA TV NY DOVE DEAF TV KOVS TV ...
Repeaters - Chesapeake Amateur Television CATS) W3BAB
This output can be conveniently seen on a cable ready television, connected to an outside antenna on cable television channel ... or DVB-T video on 439.25 mzh with output of FM satellite television format on 1.291 ghz. Scientific Atlanta 9660 receivers are ... The Towson W3BAB output is streamed to the British Amateur Television Club (BATC) website. On the left side is Open Broadcast ... web stream to the British amateur television club (BATC) website. ...
Samsung smart TVsContentAndroid2021Television'sOriginalsIndustry'sStreaming2020SeriesShowsEpisodesApple TVViewersOLEDAppsProgrammeVideoMoviesNewsCompany'sChromecastWatchBroadcast televisionHiresSlateAudiencesNewerNetworkStationsLive TVLaunchTimeDevicesFindViolenceStar TrekFilmBehaviorMediaVeteranProfessionallyCable TelevisionPeopleScreenReviewTruthDigitalSmart TV2018Depends
Samsung smart TVs2
- The show is produced by the WGBH Educational Foundation , the parent company of WGBH-TV in Boston, which is solely responsible for its content. (wikipedia.org)
- Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more. (mediabistro.com)
- Sharethrough.tv is a tool for brand marketers, advertising agencies, producers, press, bloggers and anyone with a passion for great video content to stay on top of the most recent brand videos spreading through pop culture. (prnewswire.com)
- In the past, searching for examples of brand video content was a slog, but with Sharethrough.tv, brands and agencies now have a highly-curated database of branded video content at their fingertips. (prnewswire.com)
- Sharethrough.tv is our response to these requests and something we feel will further facilitate the creation of branded video content," said Allan Johnson , Content Strategist at Sharethrough. (prnewswire.com)
- When you add in the fact that Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu are all branching into original scripted content with exciting new series and overseas acquisitions, it seems network TV might be a dinosaur struggling to survive post-meteor, while all around, fidgety little mammals are thriving in a very different landscape. (avclub.com)
- After months of anticipation, Apple's $299 Apple TV , a set-top box for syncing and streaming iTunes content between a Mac or Windows PC and a television, has finally seen the light of day. (macworld.com)
- Designed to provide the missing link between the media files in your iTunes library and today's modern televisions (and their accompanying audio-visual components), the Apple TV nicely simplifies the occasionally daunting process of viewing computer-based content on a television. (macworld.com)
- With Unlimited DVR, store Live TV recordings for up to nine months and fast-forward through your DVR content. (hulu.com)
- The agency has a division, Newcast, dedicated to creating TV and online video content opportunities for its clients. (beet.tv)
- Watch two videos at once, browse other content, or use AirPlay to send a video from another device to your Apple TV. (apple.com)
- Apple on Thursday introduced its new Apple TV 3.0 software, which features a redesigned main menu that makes navigating content simpler and faster, the company says. (appleinsider.com)
- The new software for Apple TV features a simpler and faster interface that gives you instant access to your favorite content," said Eddy Cue, Apple's vice president of Internet Services. (appleinsider.com)
- The redesigned main menu on Apple TV gives users instant access to their favorite content. (appleinsider.com)
- Recently rented or purchased movies, as well as other content including TV shows, music, podcasts, photos and YouTube, are accessible directly from the new main menu. (appleinsider.com)
- Earlier Thursday, Apple updated the terms of service for its iTunes Store, noting that Apple TV 3.0 was necessary to view iTunes LP and iTunes Extras content via the set top box device. (appleinsider.com)
- The content is designed for a 1280 by 720 pixel resolution, which exactly fits the HDTV output resolution of Apple TV, and could even scale down to a 480p display. (appleinsider.com)
- Aim: This study evaluated the food advertisement content of Brazilian open access television channels during children's programming, analyzed the nutritional value of these products and the use of children's characters for marketing, evaluated if these advertisements were promoting healthy habits during the programming, and if the foods promoted were in accordance with the Brazilian dietary guidelines. (bvsalud.org)
- As you build your Android app for TVs, pay special attention to how the user actually navigates around your app when using remote control buttons instead of a touch screen. (android.com)
- Sharp: Android TV Philips Android TV. (slideshare.net)
- Purchase Movies Anywhere eligible films from Microsoft Movies & TV and watch on supported platforms: Xbox, Windows, iOS, Android, and streaming devices. (microsoft.com)
- You can watch via the Microsoft Movies & TV app on Xbox or Windows or the Movies Anywhere website or app on iOS and Android, Amazon, Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Roku devices. (microsoft.com)
- It spent $60 million on national TV advertising from Nov. 2021-Nov. 2022. (mediapost.com)
- The purpose of the antenna is to intercept radio waves from the desired television stations and convert them to tiny radio frequency alternating currents which are applied to the television's tuner , which extracts the television signal. (wikipedia.org)
- HBO Max is a stand-alone streaming platform that bundles all of HBO together with even more TV favorites, blockbuster movies, and new Max Originals for everyone in the family. (hbomax.com)
- Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. (mediabistro.com)
- SAN FRANCISCO , June 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sharethrough , a native video advertising platform, today announced the launch of Sharethrough.tv , the industry's first interactive discovery app designed expressly to find brand videos and the agencies that created them. (prnewswire.com)
- To that, I say this: The existence of cable networks like FX and AMC, and of the aforementioned streaming sites, is directly attributable to the success of network television. (avclub.com)
- For all the excitement of streaming platforms, the bottom line is that streaming currently is still far behind legacy TV platforms in terms of consumer spending. (mediapost.com)
- Should Iger push on to boost streaming efforts, shifting focus away from linear TV? (mediapost.com)
- Get 85+ top channels on Hulu (With Ads) + Live TV with your favorite live sports, news, and events - plus the entire Hulu streaming library. (hulu.com)
- Whether it's streaming the best of Live TV and On Demand with DIRECTV STREAM SM , or enjoying live sports coverage on DIRECTV, we got you covered in Sterling, MA. (directv.com)
- Monetization in online streaming platforms: an exploration of inequalities in Twitch.tv. (bvsalud.org)
- O Elmo, capacete respiratório desenvolvido em força-tarefa público-privada no Ceará, é pauta do Jornal Jangadeiro, da TV Jangadeiro, do dia 07.05.2020. (bvsalud.org)
- Nowadays, people are actually lining up to be embarrassed on reality TV shows-and this week, there are three new series speciﬁcally designed to humiliate the shit out of their characters. (thestranger.com)
- A television series is tagged with the label "cult" by the media, advertisers, and network executives when it is considered edgy or offbeat, when it appeals to nostalgia, or when it is considered emblematic of a particular subculture. (umn.edu)
- Vinyl Figure and Buddy: Celebrate the live action dark coming-of-age television series with this Pop! (entertainmentearth.com)
- Find your next binge in our growing library of the most obsession-worthy series, reality shows, and iconic TV favorites. (hbomax.com)
- With great image quality, smart TV and an improved design, the affordable 6-Series remains the mainstream TV to beat. (cnet.com)
- In the 21st century, viewers are just as likely to watch shows on cell phones, laptops and tablets as on a TV set. (history.com)
- 1995-08-27T11:10:55-04:00 https://ximage.c-spanvideo.org/eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwaWN0dXJlcy5jLXNwYW52aWRlby5vcmciLCJrZXkiOiJGaWxlc1wvNzA2XC8xOTk1MDgyNzEyMjEwNzAwMl9oZC5qcGciLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJyZXNpemUiOnsiZml0IjoiY292ZXIiLCJoZWlnaHQiOjUwNn19fQ== The committee examined ways to restrict the airing of violent television shows in the home. (c-span.org)
- The committee examined ways to restrict the airing of violent television shows in the home. (c-span.org)
- TV shows rarely get it right when depicting priests or men and women religious-but "The Sister Boniface Mysteries" offers a welcome look at a believable and positively portrayed woman in religious life. (americamagazine.org)
- While there are a lot of good-to-great shows on network TV, there are only one or two whose cancellation would make me despair, and the cable model generally produces more daring and exciting television at the moment. (avclub.com)
- Cult Television is a very useful book that is taking a serious topic-how television shows work as both art and commerce-very seriously indeed. (umn.edu)
- Cracked Archive - Top 10 movie lists, movie clips, 80's TV shows, funny parodies of your favorite Hollywood stars, and that s just a taste. (cracked.com)
- Check out Cracked s take on the new TV lineup, game shows, reality TV, cartoons and more! (cracked.com)
- Tap "Sign me up" below to receive our weekly newsletter with updates on movies, TV shows, Rotten Tomatoes podcast and more. (rottentomatoes.com)
- HD movies and HD TV shows from iTunes have been a huge hit with Apple TV customers, and with Apple TV 3.0 they get great new features including iTunes Extras, Genius Mixes and Internet radio. (appleinsider.com)
- Click the Faces view and Apple TV shows you a corkboard featuring a snapshot of each person named in a photo collection. (appleinsider.com)
- You need the Premium status to see the TV guide with shows older than 14 days. (onlinetvrecorder.com)
- Link your TV provider to stream full episodes and live TV. (bravotv.com)
- Users can also choose from a selection of 11 million songs, 10,000 music videos and over 50,000 TV episodes to purchase directly from their Apple TV or browse and enjoy the iTunes Store podcast directory of over 175,000 free video and audio podcasts. (appleinsider.com)
- Mutations in the MT-TV gene are a very rare cause of mitochondrial encephalomyopathy, lactic acidosis, and stroke-like episodes (MELAS). (medlineplus.gov)
- While limited in significant ways, the Apple TV is a solid first step in what I hope is a long line of increasingly capable Apple-branded AV peripherals. (macworld.com)
- About the size of a personal-size pizza (7.75 inches square, and just over an inch tall), the Apple TV ships with the bare necessities. (macworld.com)
- While the Apple TV supports component and HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) video output and analog and Toslink digital audio, you'll find no cables in the box to help you make these connections. (macworld.com)
- The back of the Apple TV also sports a 10/100Base-T Ethernet connector and a USB 2.0 port. (macworld.com)
- Inside the Apple TV is a 40GB hard drive-33GB of which you can use to store video, audio, and still images. (macworld.com)
- The Apple TV can play video encoded as MPEG-4 and H.264 and supports the same audio formats iTunes does (AIFF, WAV, MP3, AAC, and Apple Lossless). (macworld.com)
- Powered by an Intel processor and an Nvidia graphics card, the Apple TV also carries a wireless card that's capable of using 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n networking protocols. (macworld.com)
- The Apple TV will output video to your TV at 1080i 60/50Hz, 720p 60/50Hz, 576p 50Hz (PAL format), 480p 60Hz, or, though not listed among Apple's specifications, 480i, so it will work with standard definition televisions that sport component connectors. (macworld.com)
- The Apple TV makes it easy to couple your iTunes library with your television. (macworld.com)
- Simply make the proper cable connections-string an HDMI cable between the Apple TV and your television, for example-and plug in the Apple TV's power cord. (macworld.com)
- The Apple TV then checks for a network connection. (macworld.com)
- If you've attached an Ethernet cable, the Apple TV attempts to use it before looking for a wireless connection. (macworld.com)
- Once connected to the network, the Apple TV projects a five-digit PIN number on your TV screen. (macworld.com)
- Meander over to the computer you want to sync your data from, launch iTunes 7.1 or later, select the Apple TV icon that appears in iTunes' Source list, and enter that PIN number. (macworld.com)
- Få en av disse tjenestene i tre måneder på Apple TV 4K. (apple.com)
- Siri Remote er kompatibel med Apple TV 4K og Apple TV HD. (apple.com)
- Thread-basert tilbehør krever et Thread-kompatibelt hjemknutepunkt, for eksempel en Apple TV 4K, eller en tredjeparts Thread border-ruter. (apple.com)
- Use AirPlay to share videos, photos, or the entire screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Apple TV. (apple.com)
- With the Apple TV Remote in Control Center, you can control your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. (apple.com)
- You and a friend can both connect AirPods or Beats wireless headphones to your Apple TV and listen at the same time. (apple.com)
- Pair up to two wireless game controllers to your Apple TV to play supported games from Apple Arcade and the App Store. (apple.com)
- Set up your Apple TV 4K for the best 4K, HDR, or Dolby Vision experience. (apple.com)
- If you've saved passwords on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can autofill account passwords on Apple TV. (apple.com)
- Learn about features and discover all that your Apple TV can do. (apple.com)
- Learn more about Apple TV+ and the Apple TV app. (apple.com)
- Users can now watch iTunes Extras and iTunes LP in fullscreen with their Apple TV, as well as listen to Genius Mixes and Internet radio through their home theater system. (appleinsider.com)
- The new Apple TV software is available immediately free of charge to existing Apple TV owners. (appleinsider.com)
- Access special features, watch interviews and trailers, view photos, and more right from Apple TV. (appleinsider.com)
- The visual experience of the record album returns with iTunes LP. Download select albums and experience a beautifully designed interactive world - many are created by the artists - full screen on your Apple TV. (appleinsider.com)
- Apple TV brings the ease and organization of iPhoto to the big screen with Events and Faces. (appleinsider.com)
- Apple TV now includes stations in high-quality HE-AAC formats for your listening pleasure. (appleinsider.com)
- Meanwhile Apple TV 3.0 users also gain the ability to listen to Genius Mixes through their home theater system and hear up to 12 endless mixes of songs that go together, automatically generated from their iTunes library. (appleinsider.com)
- In total, Apple TV users have direct access to a catalog of over 8,000 Hollywood films on iTunes including over 2,000 in HD video available for rent or purchase. (appleinsider.com)
- Got a first generation Apple TV laying around and wondering what to do with it? (yankodesign.com)
- The networks know it, the people who write about TV professionally know it, and even the casual viewers of network TV know it. (avclub.com)
- From smartphones to big screen TVs, reach your viewers where you know they like to be. (uscreen.tv)
- We report here relevant results from a national survey of local television news viewers in the United States. (cdc.gov)
- Working with Survey Sampling International (available from http://www.surveysampling.com ), we recruited by email a nationally representative sample of regular television news viewers. (cdc.gov)
- Participants represented a reasonable cross-section of the general US population of television news viewers. (cdc.gov)
- LG Display has unveiled its transparent TV, with an OLED display and what the company touts as potential safety benefits amid the pandemic. (cnn.com)
- You can also design your own home screen with Live TV, your favourite apps, web bookmarks, and frequently used devices. (panasonic.com)
- TV devices provide a limited set of navigation controls for apps. (android.com)
- The following principles will set a baseline for a consistent and intuitive user experience across TV apps. (android.com)
- This research-intensive master's programme is designed for students who want to explore a specialised area of film, theatre or television. (reading.ac.uk)
- Sharethrough.tv allows users to quickly drill down to the specific videos they are looking for, whether it's by a particular brand, agency, video type or industry vertical. (prnewswire.com)
- Our job as the leading platform in the native video industry is to move the industry forward with innovative products like Sharethrough.tv. (prnewswire.com)
- or DVB-T video on 439.25 mzh with output of FM satellite television format on 1.291 ghz. (qsl.net)
- We think internet advertising will overtake TV for the very first time in 2018," ZenithOptimedia forecasting head Jonathan Barnard tells Beet.TV in this video interview. (beet.tv)
- The demand is obviously there," ZenithOptimeda Group strategy director Chris de Cruz tells Beet.TV in this video interview. (beet.tv)
- With the booming market for TV movies for teens and tweens, more and more directors are learning the secrets of working with young actors. (dga.org)
- Microsoft Movies & TV now supports Movies Anywhere! (microsoft.com)
- Sync your accounts to access your entire Movies Anywhere library on Microsoft Movies & TV, no matter where you purchased. (microsoft.com)
- 3. All eligible movies will now appear in your Microsoft Movies & TV account to access on Xbox and Windows. (microsoft.com)
- He stars in the hit TV show 'The Big Bang Theory' and memorable movies like 'Hidden Figures. (medlineplus.gov)
- In related news, a similar device is also in development which allows its user to control almost all features of your television and associated equipment using a single thumb, although those involved in development are unsure they'll find a market for this "remote," as it were. (engadget.com)
- Philadelphia Inquirer's History of Eyewitness News to Be Adapted for TV by Red Crown Prods. (variety.com)
- 18 years of age and those who watched local television news show at least twice a week in recent months contributed to the final survey. (cdc.gov)
- 5. Approximately 42% of respondents chose the highest level, indicating it was very important for local television news to cover this angle of the story. (cdc.gov)
- 5 on the 7-point scale, thought the television news should focus on the connection of avian flu to other issues, such as business and travel. (cdc.gov)
- Equally as striking are the demographic characteristics of those who believe that local television news should cover the process of scientific discovery in this arena. (cdc.gov)
- We conducted a simple regression analysis to predict 1 of the items noted above, i.e., perceived importance of television news discussion of how avian flu spreads and of the efforts of scientists. (cdc.gov)
- Vizio has skyrocketed to the leading position in the U.S. LCD TV market, as cash-strapped consumers snatch the company's low-cost sets from store shelves during the economic recession, a market research firm says. (informationweek.com)
- 12. Google ChromeCast Maak van elk (HDMI) beeldscherm een "smart-tv" Chromecast is een mediastreaming-apparaat dat je kunt aansluiten op de HDMI-poort van je tv. (slideshare.net)
- 19. Stievie Via tablet en smartphone (op tv via ChromeCast of AppleTV) 10 Vlaamse zenders. (slideshare.net)
- Werkt ook met Chromecast en AppleTV. (slideshare.net)
- The way people watch television has changed dramatically since the medium first burst onto the scene in the 1940s and '50s and forever transformed American life. (history.com)
- Watch out, plasma TV lovers. (technologyreview.com)
- Enter challenges, watch videos, and take part in our annual vote to decide the best film, TV show and game of the year. (bafta.org)
- You are a sophisticated television viewer, and you probably only watch a couple of programs on network television. (avclub.com)
- On Friday night, I was reading my new book, but my brain got tired, so I decided to watch some television instead. (goodreads.com)
- Qi said statistics show that people in Europe and the US watch, on average, four to five hours of TV per day. (medscape.com)
- A television antenna ( TV aerial ) is an antenna specifically designed for use with a television receiver (TV) to receive over-the-air broadcast television signals from a television station . (wikipedia.org)
- Jerry Bruckheimer Television CEO KristieAnne Reed has set her TV development team with two new hires and two other key JBTV execs. (deadline.com)
- Tim Slate, a television industry veteran, has joined Leitch in a new marketing position. (tvtechnology.com)
- What is the future of TV advertising, now that buyers can deliver targeted campaigns to connected television devices, as well as to traditional linear audiences? (beet.tv)
- The grainy black and white images from Apollo 11 -- later moon missions used color cameras -- captured the first step by humankind on another planetoid, and mesmerized TV audiences on July 21, 1969. (roadsideamerica.com)
- Starting in 2006, many countries in the world switched from broadcasting using an older analog television standard to newer digital television  (DTV). (wikipedia.org)
- While most newer televisions have a QAM tuner pre-installed, certain brands may not. (uwm.edu)
- Let's save network television! (avclub.com)
- Network television is dying. (avclub.com)
- Increasingly, network television is about managing its own decline, about deciding whether it wants to put the whole business model in a home, or provide in-house hospice care. (avclub.com)
- The great paradox that keeps network heads awake at nights is that more people are watching TV, but not necessarily watching network TV. (avclub.com)
- If network television is to survive, you might argue, why doesn't it take lessons from these new species? (avclub.com)
- Why can't network TV adapt and thrive? (avclub.com)
- The idea of chasing the mass audience-the very idea behind network television-is dying as surely as the mass audience did 15 years ago. (avclub.com)
- We are a nation of subcultures now, and whatever your fancy, there's a TV network for it. (avclub.com)
- Daystar Television Network is an award winning, faith-based network dedicated to spreading the Gospel 24 hours a day, seven days a week - all around the globe, through all media formats possible. (daystar.com)
- Outdoor antennas are more expensive and difficult to install, but are necessary for adequate reception in fringe areas far from television stations. (wikipedia.org)
- Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. (mediabistro.com)
- Regional restrictions, blackouts and Live TV terms apply. (hulu.com)
- Live TV plan required. (hulu.com)
- Live TV is available for those live local, regional, and national channels available in your area, which are subject to change. (hulu.com)
- Live TV is available in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia only. (hulu.com)
- Live TV may vary by subscription and location. (hulu.com)
- Jonathan Littman , who helped launch Jerry Bruckheimer Television and has led the prolific TV company for the past 25 years, most recently as CEO, is leaving and plans to launch his own production company. (deadline.com)
- The holiday season is a great time to save on a massive 75-inch TV. (cnet.com)
- While Vizio's low-price strategy has made it a top-selling LCD TV vendor for some time, the weak economy has given the vendor an extra boost. (informationweek.com)
- At the same time, Samsung and Sony were selling 40-inch LCD TVs with the same configuration for $1,000 and $1,090, respectively. (informationweek.com)
- To examine the association between TV time and dietary practices in 2-year-olds, the researchers conducted a secondary analysis of data from 529 children who presented for their 2-year-old well-child visit at a single center. (medscape.com)
- The median time spent watching TV daily was 42 minutes. (medscape.com)
- However, the results suggest that "increased screen TV time and mealtime TV were both associated with poor dietary practices in 2-year-old children," she said. (medscape.com)
- Future research should include analysis of passive screen time, as well as the relationship between screen time and diet with other digital devices beyond TV, she added. (medscape.com)
- Cite this: TV Time Related to Poor Eating in Toddlers - Medscape - Apr 27, 2022. (medscape.com)
- March 14, 2012 (San Diego, California) - Increasing leisure-time activity and reducing sedentary behaviors such as watching television will both independently attenuate genetic predisposition to obesity, a new study reveals . (medscape.com)
- And he says those who increased physical activity didn't necessarily reduce TV viewing time. (medscape.com)
- He and his colleagues set out to examine whether leisure-time TV watching and physical activity modify the genetic predisposition to elevated adiposity in women and men, using data from the Nurses' Health Study (7740 women with genotyping data) and the Health Professionals Follow-up Study (4564 men with genotyping data). (medscape.com)
- They assessed body-mass index (BMI) and average weekly time spent watching TV and performing physical activity, both self-reported and validated (with an r=0.97 between reported BMI and measured BMI). (medscape.com)
- Members of Congress first talked about legislation they intend to introduce which would require televisions to be manufactured with "v-chips", or other parental control devices. (c-span.org)
- A panel of technology representatives demonstrated devices for television sets which would allow parents to control family television watching when they are absent. (c-span.org)
- For example, a creative agency can use Sharethrough.tv to quickly find examples of documentary-style branded videos in the auto vertical, and use those videos to inspire their client and creative team before going into production. (prnewswire.com)
- I find television very educating. (goodreads.com)
- In the last panel communication, psychology and law experts testified about various studies of television violence. (c-span.org)
- MARTIN RAMIREZ, J. . Television and violence . (bvsalud.org)
- In spite the many observational and experimental studies on the relations between television and violence found in the literature, there is still no agreement about an eventual causal relationship. (bvsalud.org)
- She is the author of the forthcoming book Small Screen, Big Universe: Star Trek and Television . (umn.edu)
- Interviews with leading film and TV creators about their process and craft. (indiewire.com)
- BAFTA's destination for youngsters to come and discover the magical worlds of film, television and games. (bafta.org)
- Explore the British Academy´s Film and Television Arts. (bellaonline.com)
- Pursue flexible postgraduate research with our MA by Research Film, Theatre & Television. (reading.ac.uk)
- Work alongside expert academics in the Department of Film, Theatre & Television , where 100% of our research was judged to be of international standing . (reading.ac.uk)
- You will also have a dedicated supervisor to oversee your dissertation or practical project in film, theatre or television. (reading.ac.uk)
- We cannot change genes, but we can do something to change the influence of genes, by doing some exercise and by reducing our sedentary behavior, primarily by watching television less," lead author Dr Qibin Qi (Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA) told heart wire . (medscape.com)
- Qi says he and his team's work is the first to study the modifying effect of TV watching, "which is the most common sedentary behavior," on genetic predisposition to obesity based on a risk score. (medscape.com)
- RFD-TV has partnered with a handful of agricultural social media influencers whom we have dubbed The New Crop. (rfdtv.com)
- This year's Virgin Media British Academy Television Awards and Television Craft Awards were socially distanced affairs owing to the impact of Covid-19. (bafta.org)
- Sara Gwenllian-Jones is a lecturer in television and digital media at Cardiff University and coeditor of Intensities: The Journal of Cult Media . (umn.edu)
- Beet.TV is published by Beet Media, LLC. (beet.tv)
- TV Tech is part of Future US Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. (tvtechnology.com)
- Jerry Bruckheimer Television veteran KristieAnne Reed has been promoted to CEO of the company from her current position as President. (deadline.com)
- She has written professionally about TV since 2000. (hubpages.com)
- All University Housing residents receive a cable television package provided by Apogee/MyResNet. (uwm.edu)
- Whatever came after - the appalling gaps in knowledge, the questionable record, the divisive politics, the unfortunate reality television show - Palin did indeed speak directly to people who felt politically disenfranchised. (latimes.com)
- In a few cases, MT-TV mutations were found in people with signs and symptoms that did not appear until adulthood. (medlineplus.gov)
- So an additional goal is to try to get people to exercise while watching TV, "at least stand up and move around," he suggests. (medscape.com)
- I have a sears television that has a line across middle of screen and black on top and bottom. (doityourself.com)
- Other folks who write about TV-and are far smarter than I-have made these arguments, and there's some truth in them. (avclub.com)
- The company is focused on using set-top box data to help blend TV and digital planning, says Travis Lusk, VP of Inventory at Collective, in an interview with Beet.TV. (beet.tv)
- The "Simple, Easy and Customisable" concept supported by Firefox OS lets you enjoy Smart TV every day. (panasonic.com)
- This makes Smart TV much easier and more fun. (panasonic.com)
- This report summarizes the results of a 2018 survey of food and beverage marketing to children via television in the Republic of Kazakhstan. (who.int)
- Creating an effective navigation scheme for your TV app depends on understanding these limited controls and the limits of users' perception while operating your app. (android.com)