Automobiles: A usually four-wheeled automotive vehicle designed for passenger transportation and commonly propelled by an internal-combustion engine using a volatile fuel. (Webster, 1973)Automobile Driving: The effect of environmental or physiological factors on the driver and driving ability. Included are driving fatigue, and the effect of drugs, disease, and physical disabilities on driving.Accidents, Traffic: Accidents on streets, roads, and highways involving drivers, passengers, pedestrians, or vehicles. Traffic accidents refer to AUTOMOBILES (passenger cars, buses, and trucks), BICYCLING, and MOTORCYCLES but not OFF-ROAD MOTOR VEHICLES; RAILROADS nor snowmobiles.Industrial Oils: Oils which are used in industrial or commercial applications.Air Bags: Automotive safety devices consisting of a bag designed to inflate upon collision and prevent passengers from pitching forward. (American Heritage Dictionary, 1982)Seat Belts: Restraining belts fastened to the frame of automobiles, aircraft, or other vehicles, and strapped around the person occupying the seat in the car or plane, intended to prevent the person from being thrown forward or out of the vehicle in case of sudden deceleration.Gasoline: Volative flammable fuel (liquid hydrocarbons) derived from crude petroleum by processes such as distillation reforming, polymerization, etc.Vehicle Emissions: Gases, fumes, vapors, and odors escaping from the cylinders of a gasoline or diesel internal-combustion engine. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed & Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed)Industry: Any enterprise centered on the processing, assembly, production, or marketing of a line of products, services, commodities, or merchandise, in a particular field often named after its principal product. Examples include the automobile, fishing, music, publishing, insurance, and textile industries.Technology: The application of scientific knowledge to practical purposes in any field. It includes methods, techniques, and instrumentation.Legislation as Topic: The enactment of laws and ordinances and their regulation by official organs of a nation, state, or other legislative organization. It refers also to health-related laws and regulations in general or for which there is no specific heading.Motor Vehicles: AUTOMOBILES, trucks, buses, or similar engine-driven conveyances. (From Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed)Drug Industry: That segment of commercial enterprise devoted to the design, development, and manufacture of chemical products for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease, disability, or other dysfunction, or to improve function.Accident Prevention: Efforts and designs to reduce the incidence of unexpected undesirable events in various environments and situations.Occupational Exposure: The exposure to potentially harmful chemical, physical, or biological agents that occurs as a result of one's occupation.Occupational Diseases: Diseases caused by factors involved in one's employment.Eye Injuries: Damage or trauma inflicted to the eye by external means. The concept includes both surface injuries and intraocular injuries.Mechanics: The branch of physics which deals with the motions of material bodies, including kinematics, dynamics, and statics. When the laws of mechanics are applied to living structures, as to the locomotor system, it is referred to as BIOMECHANICAL PHENOMENA. (From Dorland, 28th ed)Inhalation Exposure: The exposure to potentially harmful chemical, physical, or biological agents by inhaling them.Biomedical Technology: The application of technology to the solution of medical problems.Environmental Monitoring: The monitoring of the level of toxins, chemical pollutants, microbial contaminants, or other harmful substances in the environment (soil, air, and water), workplace, or in the bodies of people and animals present in that environment.Wounds and Injuries: Damage inflicted on the body as the direct or indirect result of an external force, with or without disruption of structural continuity.Whiplash Injuries: Hyperextension injury to the neck, often the result of being struck from behind by a fast-moving vehicle, in an automobile accident. (From Segen, The Dictionary of Modern Medicine, 1992)Air Pollution, Indoor: The contamination of indoor air.Incineration: High temperature destruction of waste by burning with subsequent reduction to ashes or conversion to an inert mass.Public Policy: A course or method of action selected, usually by a government, from among alternatives to guide and determine present and future decisions.Technology Transfer: Spread and adoption of inventions and techniques from one geographic area to another, from one discipline to another, or from one sector of the economy to another. For example, improvements in medical equipment may be transferred from industrial countries to developing countries, advances arising from aerospace engineering may be applied to equipment for persons with disabilities, and innovations in science arising from government research are made available to private enterprise.New MexicoSafety: Freedom from exposure to danger and protection from the occurrence or risk of injury or loss. It suggests optimal precautions in the workplace, on the street, in the home, etc., and includes personal safety as well as the safety of property.Human Engineering: The science of designing, building or equipping mechanical devices or artificial environments to the anthropometric, physiological, or psychological requirements of the people who will use them.Automobile Driver Examination: Government required written and driving test given to individuals prior to obtaining an operator's license.Wounds, Nonpenetrating: Injuries caused by impact with a blunt object where there is no penetration of the skin.United StatesAir Pollutants, Occupational: Air pollutants found in the work area. They are usually produced by the specific nature of the occupation.Metallurgy: The science, art, or technology dealing with processes involved in the separation of metals from their ores, the technique of making or compounding the alloys, the techniques of working or heat-treating metals, and the mining of metals. It includes industrial metallurgy as well as metallurgical techniques employed in the preparation and working of metals used in dentistry, with special reference to orthodontic and prosthodontic appliances. (From Jablonski, Dictionary of Dentistry, 1992, p494)Air Pollutants: Any substance in the air which could, if present in high enough concentration, harm humans, animals, vegetation or material. Substances include GASES; PARTICULATE MATTER; and volatile ORGANIC CHEMICALS.Technology Assessment, Biomedical: Evaluation of biomedical technology in relation to cost, efficacy, utilization, etc., and its future impact on social, ethical, and legal systems.Marketing: Activity involved in transfer of goods from producer to consumer or in the exchange of services.Tobacco Industry: The aggregate business enterprise of agriculture, manufacture, and distribution related to tobacco and tobacco-derived products.Equipment Design: Methods of creating machines and devices.AcroleinPolycyclic Hydrocarbons, Aromatic: A major group of unsaturated cyclic hydrocarbons containing two or more rings. The vast number of compounds of this important group, derived chiefly from petroleum and coal tar, are rather highly reactive and chemically versatile. The name is due to the strong and not unpleasant odor characteristic of most substances of this nature. (From Hawley's Condensed Chemical Dictionary, 12th ed, p96)Carcinogens, Environmental: Carcinogenic substances that are found in the environment.Transportation: The means of moving persons, animals, goods, or materials from one place to another.Thoracic Injuries: General or unspecified injuries to the chest area.Polycyclic Compounds: Compounds consisting of two or more fused ring structures.Commerce: The interchange of goods or commodities, especially on a large scale, between different countries or between populations within the same country. It includes trade (the buying, selling, or exchanging of commodities, whether wholesale or retail) and business (the purchase and sale of goods to make a profit). (From Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed, p411, p2005 & p283)Advertising as Topic: The act or practice of calling public attention to a product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers, magazines, on radio, or on television. (Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed)Conflict of Interest: A situation in which an individual might benefit personally from official or professional actions. It includes a conflict between a person's private interests and official responsibilities in a position of trust. The term is not restricted to government officials. The concept refers both to actual conflict of interest and the appearance or perception of conflict.MichiganMedical Laboratory Science: The specialty related to the performance of techniques in clinical pathology such as those in hematology, microbiology, and other general clinical laboratory applications.Environmental Exposure: The exposure to potentially harmful chemical, physical, or biological agents in the environment or to environmental factors that may include ionizing radiation, pathogenic organisms, or toxic chemicals.Aerosols: Colloids with a gaseous dispersing phase and either liquid (fog) or solid (smoke) dispersed phase; used in fumigation or in inhalation therapy; may contain propellant agents.Occupational Health: The promotion and maintenance of physical and mental health in the work environment.Time Factors: Elements of limited time intervals, contributing to particular results or situations.Housing: Living facilities for humans.Questionnaires: Predetermined sets of questions used to collect data - clinical data, social status, occupational group, etc. The term is often applied to a self-completed survey instrument.Educational Technology: Systematic identification, development, organization, or utilization of educational resources and the management of these processes. It is occasionally used also in a more limited sense to describe the use of equipment-oriented techniques or audiovisual aids in educational settings. (Thesaurus of ERIC Descriptors, December 1993, p132)Ethics, Business: The moral obligations governing the conduct of commercial or industrial enterprises.Occupational Health Services: Health services for employees, usually provided by the employer at the place of work.Air Pollution: The presence of contaminants or pollutant substances in the air (AIR POLLUTANTS) that interfere with human health or welfare, or produce other harmful environmental effects. The substances may include GASES; PARTICULATE MATTER; or volatile ORGANIC CHEMICALS.Lead: A soft, grayish metal with poisonous salts; atomic number 82, atomic weight 207.19, symbol Pb. (Dorland, 28th)Smoking: Inhaling and exhaling the smoke of burning TOBACCO.Risk Factors: An aspect of personal behavior or lifestyle, environmental exposure, or inborn or inherited characteristic, which, on the basis of epidemiologic evidence, is known to be associated with a health-related condition considered important to prevent.Investments: Use for articles on the investing of funds for income or profit.Food Industry: The industry concerned with processing, preparing, preserving, distributing, and serving of foods and beverages.Technology, Dental: The field of dentistry involved in procedures for designing and constructing dental appliances. It includes also the application of any technology to the field of dentistry.Biotechnology: Body of knowledge related to the use of organisms, cells or cell-derived constituents for the purpose of developing products which are technically, scientifically and clinically useful. Alteration of biologic function at the molecular level (i.e., GENETIC ENGINEERING) is a central focus; laboratory methods used include TRANSFECTION and CLONING technologies, sequence and structure analysis algorithms, computer databases, and gene and protein structure function analysis and prediction.Tobacco Smoke Pollution: Contamination of the air by tobacco smoke.Technology, High-Cost: Advanced technology that is costly, requires highly skilled personnel, and is unique in its particular application. Includes innovative, specialized medical/surgical procedures as well as advanced diagnostic and therapeutic equipment.Public Relations: Relations of an individual, association, organization, hospital, or corporation with the publics which it must take into consideration in carrying out its functions. Publics may include consumers, patients, pressure groups, departments, etc.Patents as Topic: Exclusive legal rights or privileges applied to inventions, plants, etc.
The company's first project was a futuristic car combat game titled, Driving Force. Before the game could be finished Sony ... Lodestone Games specialised in the development of both online PC games and client/server technology for online PC games. ... Unlike the cancellation of Driving Force Sony Online Entertainment had no other work to give to Lodestone. As a result of this ... Driving Force (Unreleased) PlanetSide Soul Forge (Unreleased) Lorin Jameson, President and Technical Director, now at Sony ...
His companies 510 Systems and Anthony's Robots were later bought into Google. Levandowski worked on Google's self-driving car ... He is known for his work in the advancement of self-driving technology. On May 15, 2017, United States District Judge William ... "The Self Driving Car Whiz Who Fell From Grace". Wired. Retrieved 29 September 2017. "Uber to deploy self-driving cars in ... "Auto Correct". The New Yorker. Retrieved 13 September 2016. "Google self-driving car vets take on automated trucks". CNN Money ...
... the company worked with 25 self-driving car programs. David Hall founded Velodyne in 1983 as an audio company specializing in ... Snavely, Brent (28 August 2016). "Tech firm Velodyne moves from audio to self-driving cars". Detroit Free Press. USA Today. ... began testing self-driving cars on the streets in the San Francisco Bay Area using Velodyne's LiDAR technology. Alphabet's ... "How Google's Self-Driving Car Works". spectrum.ieee.org. Retrieved 2016-04-29. "Google's Waymo invests in LIDAR technology, ...
Subaru B5 TPH
"Subaru Hybrid Concept Vehicle Makes North American Debut; New Technologies Point to Brand's Hybrid Strategy - Company continues ... "Subaru B5-TPH Concept". Automobile. 1 February 2006. Retrieved 2 June 2017. Murphey, Paula (October 2006). "Dream Cars". Boys' ... "Subaru Hybrid Electric Vehicles and the Quest for Electric Power". Drive. Subaru. Winter 2006. Archived from the original on 26 ... The concept behind the B5-TPH was to design a car "for long-weekend [getaways] for couples." Contemporary news articles were ...
"Dutch Company Drives New Solar Power". Following the Solar Brick Road singularityhub.com Reich, J.E. (July 27, 2015). "The ... This will also be used to transfer the energy to cars as they drive over the strip to recharge the battery. The Missouri ... The technology was demonstrated on a stretch of highway in Brabant, Netherlands. Snowmelt systems using electricity or hot ... atop solar cells that charge driving cars". Electrek. Retrieved January 15, 2018. Steve Hanley (December 30, 2017). "China ...
"Google's former car guru Chris Urmson is working on his own self-driving company". recode.net. Retrieved 30 August 2017. ... Chris Urmson is an engineer known for his work pioneering self-driving car technology. He has previously worked with Alphabet ... "Tesla's former Autopilot head is launching a self-driving-car company - and it could have a big advantage". businessinsider.com ... on their self-driving car project and is CEO of the start-up company Aurora Innovation. Urmson was an assistant professor and ...
Google had begun testing the self-driving car project in 2009. Alphabet describes Waymo as "a self-driving tech company with a ... "Hidden Obstacles for Google's Self-driving Car". "Google Self-Driving Car Chief Wants Tech on the Market Within Five Years". ... "Intel is collaborating with Waymo on self-driving car technology". Business Insider. Retrieved 2017-12-12. Google Self-Driving ... Self-Driving Car Test: Steve Mahan. YouTube. Retrieved February 7, 2013. Urmson, Chris (August 7, 2012). "Self-driving Car Logs ...
Automotive navigation system
Association of Electronic Technology for Automobile Traffic and Driving) in Japan. 1980: Electronic Auto Compass with new ... 1981: The earlier research of CATC leads to the first generation of automobile navigation systems from Japanese companies Honda ... External link in ,publisher= (help) In-Car Positioning and Navigation Technologies-A Survey, I. Skog, and P. Händel, . ... They used dead reckoning technology. 1981: Honda's Electro Gyro-Cator was the first commercially available car navigation ...
"Cortica Will Apply 'Unsupervised Learning' AI Tech to Help Self-Driving Cars Get Smarter". The Drive. Retrieved 2017-09-07. ... Together, the founders developed the company's core technology while at Technion - Israel Institute of Technology. By combining ... "The 25 coolest tech companies in Israel". Business Insider. Retrieved 2017-09-07. "Cortica, Numenta Hold Top Patents In ... Business Insider ranked Cortica as one of the coolest tech companies in Israel. CB Insights has identified Cortica as the top ...
Mount Elliott Tool and Die
It was built in 1938 by Briggs Manufacturing Company. Chrysler purchased the plant in 1956 and it became Outer Drive Stamping ... The facility was then renamed Outer Drive Manufacturing Technology Center. After the "Pilot Operations" and "Advanced Stamping ... Mount Elliott Tool and Die is a Chrysler automobile factory in Detroit, Michigan. ...
... technology, and warranty to the battery switch station company. Contract with battery switch company could subsidize the ... Unlimited driving range where there are battery switch stations available. The driver does not have to get out of the car while ... The company has announced a partnership with Rabobank to make electric car charging available for free to owners of Tesla ... Other cars that can make use of same charging technology are welcome. The SPARC (Solar Powered Automotive ReCharging Station) ...
The partnership went on to develop mixed gasoline-electric drive cars. In 1909 Lohner decided the company should make airplanes ... technology and expectations in the automobile age (Geschiedenis van de Auto van Morgen), Johns Hopkins University Press, pp. 22 ... Company, and inherited it when his father died in 1892. In 1897, the company began manufacturing electric automobiles. Lohner ... Ludwig Lohner (15 July 1858 - 14 July 1925) ran his family's company as it became one of the first manufacturers of cars and ...
Ronn Motor Group
The Bird of Prey, a hybrid car featuring Formula One electric drive technology, was offered exclusively as part of the ... Ronn Motor Group was founded in 2007 when founder Ronn Maxwell came up with the idea for the company's first car, the Ronn ... The car can reach 200 miles per hour and can go from 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. It averages 40 miles per gallon. The Scorpion has a ... Maxwell was inspired by a business trip to China when he saw the growing demand for vehicles and knew carbon-burning cars would ...
The company produces electric vehicle drive systems featuring high performance, high efficiency induction motors and integrated ... company to build the car. Tom Gage and Alan Cocconi had built the t zero, which is essentially the prototypical Tesla Roadster ... One way to look at this is the real technology visionaries were the folks at AC Propulsion, but they lacked the entrepreneurial ... "AC Propulsion - Creating electric vehicles that people want to drive". "AC Propulsion, Inc.: Private Company Information - ...
Nissan installed its autonomous car technology in a Nissan Leaf for demonstration purposes. The car was demonstrated at Nissan ... The company is building in Japan a dedicated autonomous driving proving ground, to be completed in 2014. ... Green Car Journal Editors (2010-01-26). "Nissan Leaf Electric Car Wins 2010 Green Car Vision Award". Green Car Journal. ... The Leaf won the 2011 World Car of the Year, and was a finalist for the 2011 World Green Car. Ward's Auto listed the Leaf's 80 ...
... a low-speed electric car for city driving. Actual sales figures of this model are yet to be seen. The company has done past ... The founders of the company, Dr. Sankar Das Gupta and Dr. Jim Jacobs, began their research into battery technologies in 1983. ... pertaining to its SuperPolymer 2.0 battery technology and various system architectures. Electrovaya technology has been used by ... The car could go up to 120 miles (190 km) on one charge of its lithium-ion battery system. Miljø Grenland Tata Indica "Tiny ...
History of plug-in hybrids
"Drive the Future with Fisker Automotive, A New Green American Premium Car Company" (PDF). 5 September 2007. Archived from the ... In August, four companies - Raser Technologies, Maxwell Technologies, Electrovaya, and Pacific Gas and Electric - formed the ... "BYD Auto To Begin Sales of F3DM Plug-in to Individuals". Green Car Congress. 2010-03-23. Retrieved 2010-03-27. "BYD Auto to ... Volvo Cars Press Release (2014-04-24). "Volvo Cars adds R-Design version of V60 diesel Plug-in Hybrid". Green Car Congress. ...
... and founder of Lotus Cars. In 1952 he founded the sports car company Lotus Cars. Chapman initially ran Lotus in his spare time ... It was Clark, driving a Lotus 38 at the Indianapolis 500 in 1965, who drove the first ever mid-engined car to victory at the " ... Lotus had been an early adopter of this technology with the 1958 Lotus Elite. The modified monocoque body of the car was made ... The DeLorean car company subsequently collapsed, during which administrators discovered that £10 million of British taxpayers' ...
Along with EVs, one of the most important technological innovations to affect the carsharing market is self-driving cars. It is ... Several car rental companies launched their own car sharing services beginning in 2008, including Avis On Location by Avis, ... "Car hire and car clubs - Driving your car". Which? Car. 2014. Retrieved 6 February 2016. Bergen, Mark (8 August 2013). "Indian ... Carsharing or car sharing (AU, CA, & US) or car clubs (UK) is a model of car rental where people rent cars for short periods of ...
Trondheim Toll Scheme
It was impossible for anybody driving a car to get in for free weekdays between 6am and 6pm. The charge was NOK 15 for cars and ... The systems has been designed to be user friendly through AutoPASS technology developed by the local company Q-Free, involving ... This communicates with the toll booth when the car passes through, deducting money from the user's account. Those who ( ... a radio-transmitted registration of passing cars, allowing cars to pass the toll booths at 60 km/h (but at most toll booths the ...
"Electric cars? Triple lifespans? Warp drive? Sign me up!" (February 13, 2015). Times Standard. Retrieved 24 December 2015. ... Calico (company) SENS Research Foundation Kelly, Caitlin (September 15, 2012). "Forgoing College to Pursue Dreams". The New ... Leber, Jessica (February 3, 2012). "Too Young to Fail". MIT Technology Review. Retrieved 24 December 2015. Henderson, J. ... Segran, Elizabeth (August 25, 2014). "The Eternal Problem Silicon Valley Can't Solve". Fast Company. Retrieved 24 December 2015 ...
... uses technology licensed from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory to capture 3D data at regular intervals while driving. ... is a company located in Berkeley, California devoted to "indexing reality". The company uses vehicle mounted camera rigs to ... Collection is accomplished with the MARS collection system, which employs a set of cameras mounted to the roof of a car. As of ... "Mars Mapping Technology Brings Main Street to Life". NASA Tech Briefs. May 1, 2009. Retrieved 2009-11-04. Fortt, Jon (Jan 25, ...
"Development of basic drive technology improve innovative transportation capacity of the elevator "circulating multi-car ... Staedter, Tracy (June 2006). "Lifts in Loops". Fast Company (106). p. 35. Retrieved 11 November 2016. " ... out of service after a passenger was killed when a car left its guide rail at the top of its journey and forced the two cars ... In April 2006, Hitachi announced plans for a modern paternoster-style elevator with computer-controlled cars and standard ...
Its hybrid-drive system was licensed from Toyota's hybrid technology; the company asserted that subsequent hybrid models would ... "2009 Nissan Maxima - Test drive and new car review - 2009 Nissan Maxima". Cars.about.com. 2010-06-11. Retrieved 2010-11-02. " ... "2010 Nissan Altima - Test drive and new car review - 2010 Nissan Altima". Cars.about.com. 2010-06-11. Retrieved 2010-11-02. " ... JB car pages. Retrieved 2009-09-28. "2002 Nissan Altima Specs and Features - MSN Autos". Autos.msn.com. 2010-02-22. Retrieved ...
"GM Poised to Thrive with New Cars, Tech, Reuss Says" (Press release). Traverse City, Michigan: General Motors Company. 2011-08- ... "Power-Dense Engines Drive the Cadillac ATS" (Press release). Detroit, Michigan: General Motors Company. 2012-01-08. Archived ... The car gets a handful of new technologies, that will roll across Cadillac's 2015 models including 4G LTE connectivity with a ... Csere, Csaba (July 2012). "2013 Cadillac ATS - First Drive Review". Car and Driver. Source Interlink Media. ISSN 0008-6002. ...
Shenyang Modern Tram
November 25[year needed]- the night of the 2nd line of a car fails twice in a row. Afterwards by the operating company to ... September 2[year needed]- Hunnan hail, silver calories tracks submerged, some streetcars forced drove back. October 20[year ... Railway-Technology. Retrieved 30 January 2015. Great photos of new tramway system in Shenyang. ... Each tram has three cars. It takes electricity via pantograph. Line 3 is under construction. It will run from Century Building ...
"Crash test: The tech driving down car insurance fraud - BBC News". bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-12-08. "Octo U app uses GPS to ... The company has offices in Boston, Rome, Stuttgart, Madrid, and Sao Paulo. Globally, they currently have four million connected ... The technology is also used to detect insurance fraud, by giving insurers a complete understanding of a crash. If the devices ... The Octo U is a smartphone app, it uses GPS and smartphone sensors to track how safely a car is driven. Octo's Link programme ...
The car is also equipped with day/night inside rear view mirror for efficient night time driving. The audio system is high tech ... The Creta is based on the company's new Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 concept. The fluidic concept was also used for the design of ... The car's Electronic Stability Control (ESC) feature allows for right amount of braking force to each wheel so that the car ... Indian Autos Blog. Indian Autos Blog. launched/1/452855.html "Hyundai launches compact SUV Creta at Rs 8.59 lakh" Check ,url= ...
Dunder Mifflin Infinity
While driving back to the office, Michael misinterprets his rental car's GPS map system's directions and drives into Lake ... Each manager they encounter refuses to consider returning to Dunder Mifflin unless the company improves its technology, such as ... "Dunder Mifflin Infinity" received mixed reviews from critics, with Michael driving his car into the lake being particularly ... Ryan introduces "Dunder Mifflin Infinity," his initiative to revitalize the company with new technology. Michael Scott (Steve ...
Wright, R.T. (2008). Technology. Goodheart-Wilcox Company, 5th edition, ISBN 1590707184. ... texts while driving. In this context, mass media and technology have a negative impact on people, on both their mental and ... Gregersen, Erik (2012). The Complete History of Wheeled Transportation: From Cars and Trucks to Buses and Bikes. New York City ... Theories of technology often attempt to predict the future of technology based on the high technology and science of the time. ...
Internet of things
Google's parent company), the EFF argues this sets a "terrible precedent for a company with ambitions to sell self-driving cars ... Auto-ID Labs. Auto Identification Center. Networked RFID (radiofrequency identification) and emerging sensing technologies. ... Its founding board is made from technology providers and telecommunications companies. In addition, large IT companies are ... Enabling technologies for IoT. There are many technologies that enable the IoT. Crucial to the field is the network used ...
Winter Park, Florida
An orange grove, known as the Temple Grove, stood on the south side of Palmer Avenue just east of Temple Drive. The temple ... In 1885, a group of businessmen started the Winter Park Company and incorporated it with the Florida Legislature; Chase and ... Apparently the site that once took expensive cars without their owners' permission had become a place to dispose of unwanted ... "Winter Park Tech". Wpt.ocps.net. 2011-04-14. Retrieved 2012-01-05.. ...
Occupational health psychology
New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company. *^ a b Houdmont, J., & Leka, S. (2010). An introduction to occupational health ... However, personality disorders can also bring about above-average work abilities by increasing competitive drive or causing the ... Bennett, J.B., Cook, R.F., & Pelletier, K.R. (2011). An integral framework for organizational wellness: Core technology, ... Arthur Kornhauser's work in the early 1960s on the mental health of automobile workers in Michigan also contributed to the ...
The Anglo-Persian Oil Company was in the proposed path of Ottoman ambitions, and owned the exclusive rights to work petroleum ... driving the Ottoman army before it. Bitlis was the last defence point for the Ottoman Army to prevent the Russians from moving ... accompanied by armored cars. ... the British government had contracted with the company for the ...
This has led tech sites to publish ways to get around this feature of Notes. For IBM Notes 9.0 and IBM iNotes 9.0, the IBM ... IBM Notes and Domino compete with products from other companies such as Microsoft, Google, Zimbra and others. Because of the ... Currently, the software still does not have an auto-correct option - or even ability - to reverse accidental use of caps lock. ... When PC network technology began to emerge, Ozzie made a deal with Mitch Kapor, the founder of Lotus Development Corporation, ...
ادرار کردن - ویکیپدیا، دانشنامهٔ آزاد
The technique can help children to urinate discreetly inside cars and in other places without being seen by others. ... MBI Publishing Company. pp. 63-. ISBN 978-0-89658-295-8. Retrieved 25 December 2012.. ... Sterling Publishing Company, Inc. ISBN 978-1-4027-5039-7. Retrieved 17 October 2013.. ... Brooks/Cole Publishing Company. ISBN 978-0-8185-0388-7. Retrieved 17 October 2013.. ...
University of Cambridge - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Students are also not allowed to drive a car while they are in Cambridge. ... Technology. Academic year[change , change source]. The year is divided into three parts. The first one is Michaelmas Term, ... Between 1960-2010 there have been 1,500 new companies and 40,000 new jobs in Cambridge just thanks to the University. ...
... drove a methanol-fueled car, which also leaked following the crash. While this car burned from the impact of the first fireball ... Swedish Motor Fuel Technology Co. (1986). Alcohols and alcohol blends as motor fuels, Vol II A & Vol II B. State-of-the-Art" ... Carbon Recycling International, an Icelandic-American company, completed the first commercial scale renewable methanol plant in ... economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/energy/oil-gas/niti-aayog-may-test-drive-plan-to-run-petrol-cars-on-15-methanol/ ...
Singapore American School
Dowd, Heather; Green, Patrick (17 August 2016). Classroom Management in the Digital Age: Effective Practices for Technology- ... Michael P. Fay: SAS teen convicted of vandalism and theft in 1994 for spray-painting a car and stealing road signs. Fay was ... In 1962 the school moved to a purpose-built K-12 facility on King's Road, as it had outgrown the Rochalie Drive campus. ... Hussein N. El Lessy (class of 1985): engineer-scientist for the Boeing Company and NASA; Flight Lead for space flights; worked ...
"Auto-types.com. Retrieved 2014-06-20.. *^ Logan (September 23, 2011). "New car: 2012 Daihatsu Mira e:S". Motor Mania. Retrieved ... "Next-Gen Ford Fiesta ST Debuts 200 PS, 3 Cylinder, 1.5-Litre EcoBoost Engine And Drive Modes For Ultimate Fun-To-Drive". 2017- ... The Triumph Rocket III, has a 2,294 cc (140.0 cu in) straight-three engine and the company has produced a number of other ... "HR12DDR Engine , NISSAN , TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES". Nissan-global.com. Retrieved 2014-06-20.. ...
Emerging technologies in materials scienceEdit. Emerging technology Status Potentially marginalized technologies Potential ... Cullity, B.D. (1978). Elements of X-Ray Diffraction (2nd ed.). Reading, Massachusetts: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company. ISBN ... Radical materials advances can drive the creation of new products or even new industries, but stable industries also employ ... No loss conductors, frictionless bearings, magnetic levitation, lossless high-capacity accumulators, electric cars, heat-free ...
Science and technology. Main article: Science and technology in Ivory Coast ... And in that context the challenge of eradicating child labor feels immense, and the chocolate companies' newfound commitment to ... French technicians contributed to the "Ivoirian miracle". In other African nations, the people drove out the Europeans ... Armed Ivorians next to a French Foreign Legion armoured car, 2004. In January 2003, Gbagbo and rebel leaders signed accords ...
South West England
The Colt Car Company UK (who distribute Mitsubishi Motors) are in Cirencester, and Corin Group make artificial joints on the ... On the A361 in Highworth north-east of Swindon, TS Tech make car seats for Honda, also with a site at the Renault Centre on the ... In 876 King Alfred the Great trapped a Danish fleet at Arne and then drove it out; 120 ships were wrecked at Studland. ... The Met Office is in Exeter as is Pennon Group, the water company, Pedigree Dolls & Toys (Sindy doll), and Thrifty Car Rental ...
Southern Pacific Transportation Company
Several cars made contact with the water, including a tank car. Early in the morning of 15 July, it became apparent that the ... "A" indicates one driving axle, "B" two, "C" three, "1" idler; "DS" for Diesel Switcher, "DF" Freight, "DP" Passenger; ... Blake R Van Leer, President of Georgia Tech, United States Army Officer and Hydraulic process inventor ... The system was operated by various companies under the names Southern Pacific Railroad, Southern Pacific Company and Southern ...
Avro Canada VZ-9 Avrocar
The turbine drove the compressor using gearing, rather than a shaft. The resulting engine was arranged in the form of a large ... Nevertheless, company designer John Frost applied for a number of patents in Canada, the UK and the U.S. that established the ... "Wankel Rotary Powered Flying Car", TV episode covering the Moller Aircraft has several clips demonstrating the "hubcapping" ... technology utilizing the buried ducted fan à la-Avrocar. The XM-2, the first of the series looked remarkably like a miniature ...
Each year, the Telluride Tech Festival honors Nunn, inventor Nikola Tesla, and Westinghouse, along with current day technology ... Montrose, CO: Western Reflections Publishing Company. ISBN 1-932738-02-9. .. Pera, Davine (2000). Conversations at 9,000 feet ... At one point, a serious effort was made to ban cars from the city limits and force visitors to use horse-drawn carts. The 1970s ... A view of a mountain while driving above Telluride on one of its many trails. The town of Telluride sits in the valley. Near ...
Uniflow steam engine
Advanced steam technology. References. *^ a b c The Museum of Retro Technology - Uniflow Steam Locomotives. Retrieved ... Many car ferries on the Great Lakes were so equipped, one of which is still operating, SS Badger of 1952. The Casablanca-class ... driving the piston. Near the end of the stroke, the piston will uncover a ring of exhaust ports mounted radially around the ... evolution of the uniflow engine occurred in the United States during the late 1930s and 1940s by the Skinner Engine Company ...
Many city of New Orleans households own no personal automobiles. In 2015, 18.8% of New Orleans households were without a car, ... Dow Chemical Company, Bridgeline, FMP, Tejas, Texaco, UTP). Several energy companies have regional headquarters in the ... According to the 2016 American Community Survey, 67.4% of working city of New Orleans residents commuted by driving alone, 9.7 ... located within the University of New Orleans Research and Technology Park in Gentilly, Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base New ...
Women's suffrage in states of the United States
Lenna Lowe Yost of Basnettville, West Virginia, was WVSEA president and had organized the petition drive as well as the "living ... Stanton, Elizabeth Cady, & Anthony, Susan B., & Gage, Matilda Joslyn, History of Women's Suffrage II, Ayer Company Publishers ... the CWSA sponsored a month-long automobile tour in 1911 that established a number of new local chapters. In 1914, it was the ... Jennie Bradley Roessing, President of the Pennsylvania Woman Suffrage Association, drove the Justice Bell to campaign events in ...
... employing nearly 280,000 tech workers from around the world and containing over 60% of Canada's high tech industry. ... Hamilton harbour, which can be seen as one drives the QEW Skyway bridge, is an industrial wasteland; U.S. Steel-owned Stelco ... The Ford Motor Company of Canada was established in 1904. General Motors Canada was formed in 1918. The motor vehicle industry ... Ontario surpassed Michigan in car production, assembling 2.696 million vehicles in 2004. Ontario has Chrysler plants in Windsor ...
They were made from car radiators (or more commonly, a car's heater core), aquarium pumps and home-made water blocks, ... Less commonly, Northbridges, Southbridges, hard disk drives, memory, voltage regulator modules (VRMs), and even power supplies ... More recently a growing number of companies are manufacturing water-cooling components compact enough to fit inside a computer ... After disassembly of the rack, advanced technology quick release couplings eliminate spillage for the safety of operators and ...
"New Yorkers and Cars". New York City Economic Development Corporation. April 5, 2012. Retrieved July 6, 2016. According to the ... New York, Chicago: Lewis Historical Publishing Company, Inc.. *^ "New York State History". Genealogy Inc. 1999. Archived from ... Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology is a private, cutting edge, degree-granting institution located across the Grand ... 52nd Drive, and 52nd Court), often confusing non-residents. Also, incongruous alignments of street grids, unusual street ...
CarsEdit. See also: Dieselgate. Diesel-powered cars generally have a better fuel economy than equivalent gasoline engines and ... Critical Fuel Technology, Inc. 2012. Retrieved 9 October 2014.. *^ Microbial Contamination of Diesel Fuel: Impact, Causes and ... such as driving use), the user can be fined (e.g. US$10,000 in the US). In the United Kingdom, Belgium and the Netherlands, it ... a trademarked name by the local oil company Pertamina. ... "Auto Express. 30 October 2017.. *^ "U.S. Prime Supplier Sales ...
The Mobile Web Initiative (MWI) was set up by the W3C to develop the best practices and technologies relevant to the mobile web ... The .mobi sponsored top-level domain was launched specifically for the mobile Internet by a consortium of companies including ... Faster speeds, smaller, feature-rich devices, and a multitude of applications continue to drive explosive growth for mobile ... The mobile web was first popularized by the silicon valley company, Unwired Planet. In 1997, Unwired Planet, Nokia, ...
An Austrian company, Gaskoks, obtained the technology from the South African Agricultural Engineers; the company erected the ... "Biodiesel to drive up the price of cooking oil". Biopower London. 2006. Retrieved 2008-04-03.. ... The use of the specified biodiesel type in its cars will not void any warranty. ... "Technology: High Yield Carbon Recycling". GreenFuel Technologies Corporation. Archived from the original on 2008-09-21. ...
Grey Trace, a mechanic, asks his wife Asha to help him return a refurbished car to his client Eron Keen, a renowned tech ... Returning home, Grey and Asha's self-driving car malfunctions and crashes. Four men attack the couple. Asha is killed and Grey ... STEM uses Grey to drive to Fisk, causing an automated car to malfunction and crash into Cortez', who is tailing them. Cortez ... The website's critical consensus reads, "Like its augmented protagonist, Upgrade's old-fashioned innards get a high-tech boost ...
Liquefied natural gas
... technology and the Linde technology. APCI technology is the most-used liquefaction process in LNG plants: out of 100 ... Major international oil companies (IOCs) such as ExxonMobil, Royal Dutch Shell, BP, Chevron, Total and national oil companies ( ... "The US Drives Forward To Become A Player On The World LNG Market". Archived from the original on 1 July 2016. Retrieved 1 July ... This phenomenon is also called auto-refrigeration. Boil-off gas from land based LNG storage tanks is usually compressed and fed ...
Digital single-lens reflex camera
"Journal of the Society of Photographic Science and Technology of Japan. 55 (1): 15-19. Archived from the original on 2018-07-17 ... At Photokina in 1986, Japanese company Nikon revealed a prototype for the first DSLR camera, the Nikon SVC. In 1988, ... and Auto HDR" (Press release). Sony. 2010-08-24. Archived from the original on 2010-08-30. Retrieved 2010-09-12.. ... Digital images were stored on a tethered hard drive and processed for histogram feedback to the user. This camera was created ...
Beychok, M.R., Process and environmental technology for producing SNG and liquid fuels, U.S. EPA report EPA-660/2-75-011, May ... However, currently in the United States, several companies offer gasifiers to operate small engines. ... which drives a second reaction that converts further organic material to hydrogen and additional carbon dioxide. Further ... For the automobile device, see Wood gas generator.. Part of a series about. ...
Connected Car in Europe - Strategies and Technologies for Connected Driving | PAC - a teknowlogy Group company
Home / Connected Car in Europe - Strategies and Technologies for Connected Driving. back -A +A ... Connected Car in Europe - Strategies and Technologies for Connected Driving. Whitepaper , 26 Feb 2015 ... With the connected car topic the automotive industry is about to experience a technological leap that will substantially change ... The study explores the strategies of the automotive industry to develop and launch connected car technologies and services and ...
Tesla Is A Technology Company That Wraps Batteries In Cars
Tesla makes amazing battery and battery-charging technology ... the American electric car that just startled Wall Street by ... Tempe Police release in-car video from fatal self-driving Uber crash. Engadget ... If, by then, battery technology has improved, Tesla will be in a great position to sell electric cars to mainstream car buyers. ... Tesla makes amazing battery and battery-charging technology, and then wraps the batteries in cars. Because Tesla is better at ...
Taxi Wars: Uber Rolls Out Program in NYC That Will Cut Fares By Half
... riders going the same way can hop in a car together and split the fee. ... Arizona Governor Suspends Ubers Self-Driving Car Tests. Jeff Bezos Jeff Bezos Is Quietly Betting on These 15 Companies -- Why ... Uber Is Building a Flying Taxi Technology Center in Paris. Uber ... The company does have carpooling options in San Francisco, ... Thats why Uber says, starting tomorrow, riders in New York City will be able to share a car if they are going the same way. ...
The Most Popular Markets for Home Flipping
Other tech companies make it difficult.. Yahoo Finance. *. Tempe Police release in-car video from fatal self-driving Uber crash ... The size of the county also plays a role in driving home flip totals, since a higher number of residents generally indicates a ... Stocks tumble, bonds and yen gain as trade war fears drive rush to safety. Reuters ...
Information technology (IT) in the Middle East | | IT News Archive | ComputerWeekly.com | Page 3
Road to safety: Self-driving cars in the Middle East The Middle East could improve its poor record on road safety through the ... Suppliers fail to impress as companies ramp-up HR tech A major survey of European firms shows that few believe HR technology ... Information technology (IT) in the Middle East. * June 26, 2017 26 Jun17 Dubai-based logistics company automates backup ... Etisalat signs deal with technology company to offer its customers a mobile wallet service, as fintech expands in the Middle ...
The Business Of ADAS Calibration
Popular Articles & Stories for March 31, 2012 - latimes
Saturday Drive: 2012 Porsche Panamera S Hybrid By David Undercoffler, Auto Critic, Los Angeles Times. ... Facebooks Timeline format spells trouble for some companies By Mike Swift. *. UC Berkeley lab receives $10 million to fund ... Tech firms data gathering worries most Californians, poll finds By David Sarno, Los Angeles Times. ...
Join the Bill Jacobs Auto blood drive and receive a free ... ( JOLIET Ill. Jan. 15 2014 /-& (P...)
Auto,blood,drive,and,receive,a,free,oil,change,biological,advanced biology technology,biology laboratory technology,biology ... Heartland Blood Center conducts nearly 2000 blood drives per year in ...,Join,the,Bill,Jacobs, ... Breaking Biology Technology:.  Lajollacooks4u Rebrands Company, Unveils New Website Parks Associates: More Than 26 ... For more information or to schedule an appointment for the Bill Jacobs Auto blood drive, fill out the contact us form on the ...
Usage-Based Insurance Rewards Good Drivers - Forbes Advisor
As long as you dont mind your insurance company tracking your driving habits. Heres what to know before you sign up. ... you may be able to snag some savings by joining a usage-based auto insurance program. ... Phone use while driving. The technology used to track your cars telematics data depends on your car insurance company. ... Car Insurance Best Car Insurance Companies Best Cheap Car Insurance Rates Compare Car Insurance Quotes List Of Car Insurance ...
near production AUDI Q8 concept car premieres in detroit at NAIAS 2017
technology. affecting the metals chemicals, different heated temperatures cause the cars steel body to change in shade. ... the AUDI e-tron sportback debuts as companys second electric car. nov 20, 2019 ... first drive: SUV meets urban life with the AUDI A1 citycarver in hamburg. oct 31, 2019 ... north american international auto show (NAIAS) 2017: at the NAIAS 2017 in detroit, AUDI is set to debut its Q8 concept which ...
Self-driving cars: how good is the technology? | Auto Trader UK
... and the technology is well on its way, legislation still needs to be sorted out before youll see a fully driverless car on the ... Although the various levels of autonomous driving are now well-established, ... Other companies are now catching up fast. The leading German brands have been steadily ramping up the abilities of their in-car ... Self-driving cars: how good is the technology?. Although the various levels of autonomous driving are now well-established, and ...
US Senate Panel Approves Self-Driving Car Legislation - Slashdot
Senate Commerce Committee on Wednesday unanimously approved a bill to speed self-driving cars to market without human controls ... Trumps Next Immigration Move To Affect H-1B Visas; Require Tech Companies To Try To Hire Americans First: Bloomberg. Trump ... When self-driving cars can navigate a snow covered road, with other snow covered cars, snow covered trees, and a layer of ice ... Companies are doing this to make money, not to make driving safer. It will probably not ever make driving safer. ...
State Bans Texting While Driving - Slashdot
The state of Washington yesterday became the first in the nation to ban text-messaging while driving. The law could use sharper ... Automobile associations. Insurance companies. Theres an entire field of research dedicated to this sort of study called "Risk ... Sure, texting while driving using todays technology is pretty stupid. It takes forever, and it definitely distracts from the ... "Oh, hes driving like that because hes black.". *"Oh, shes driving like that because shes a woman. Them women cant drive." ...
Human drivers will bully robot cars, says CEO of Mercedes-Benz USA - Los Angeles Times
Car company heads say theyre doing all they can to help prevent texting-and-driving accidents. ... Its not technology, he tells them. Thats advancing fast.. Its not insurance and liability issues. "I do believe in lawyers ... It seems like every other car company at the L.A. Auto Show has a new on-demand app to publicize. Most involve small-scale ... When Jessica Chou drove her 2003 Volkswagen Jetta into the Los Angeles Auto Show, the people checking her in seemed confused. ...
Google Get Serious About Self-Driving Cars -- Tech Roundup. Apple and Google both take steps to solidify their self-driving car ... News Corp announced today that John Elkann will step down from the Board of Directors of the company, effective immediately. ... News Corporation (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) today announced that Kelly Ayotte has been elected to the companys Board ... News Corp To Participate In The Morgan Stanley 2017 Technology, Media & Telecom Conference. News Corp announced today that News ...
House panel approves legislation to speed deployment of self-driving cars | Reuters
House committee on Thursday approved a revised bipartisan bill on a 54-0 vote that would speed the deployment of self-driving ... cars without human controls and bar states from blocking autonomous vehicles. ... Automakers and technology companies believe chances are good Congress will approve legislation before year end. They have been ... Current federal rules bar self-driving cars without human controls on U.S. roads and automakers think proposed state rules in ...
Audi gets first permit to test self-driving cars on California roads - LA Times
Audi is officially the first automaker to get a permit from the state of California to test self-driving cars on public roads. ... A lot of the technologies and companies involved in self-driving vehicles are based here. It makes a lot of sense to see the ... But Audi is not the only car company testing the self-driving autos. Nissan, Mercedes-Benz, Toyota, Ford and General Motors are ... Indeed, GM plans to start selling cars that can drive partially in an auto-pilot mode - and can exchange speed and safety data ...
SEMI-MEMS & Sensors Industry Group Blog | Just another Solid State Technology Sites site
When Will Self-Driving Cars Become a Reality? Leave a reply By Stephen Breit, Senior Director, MEMS Business, Coventor, a Lam ... Research Company. Self-driving cars have been all the rage in both the trade and popular press in recent years. I prefer the ... When will self-driving cars become a reality? Aside from the provocative question that got you to read this far, I dont have a ... I must admit that I did not fully grasp the enthusiasm for self-driving cars until last year. First, Ive always enjoyed ...
CES 2012: Sonomax's Eers rebranding comes Straight Outta Compton | Financial Post
... to help the companys custom-fitting earphones go mainstream in the United States ... Montreal headphone maker Sonomax Technologies has turned to rap star Arabian Prince, an original member of the legendary ... BlackBerry to debut new product at Detroit auto show as company focuses on self-driving car tech. ... As well, the company is looking to partner with other headphone manufacturers to incorporate the SonoFit technology into their ...
Intel Buys Computer Vision Company Itseez in Self-Driving Car Push | CRM Daily
The chipmaker is acquiring computer vision software company Itseez. ... The latest acquisition by Intel could give it a big leg up in the race to develop IoT and autonomous driving tech. ... Self-Driving Cars, Driverless Cars, Autonomous Vehicles, Automotive Technology, Acquisition, Technology News ... Autonomous driving technology appears to be on the brink of a revolution, with companies from Google to Uber to Tesla either ...
Canada Drives - Wikipedia
Car dealers must pass a screening to become certified dealer partners of Canada Drives. Currently, the company has around 300 ... Canada Drives. "Secrets of Canadas Fastest-Growing Company". Profit. September 15, 2016. "Has Vancouvers booming tech sector ... As of July 2017 the company employed 300 people. Canada Drives helps customers get car loans regardless of previous credit ... Canada Drives is a Canadian fintech company founded in 2010 and based in Vancouver. Cody Green founded Canada Drives in 2010. ...
Liberty Mutual Insurance: Auto, Home & Renters | Bankrate
Liberty Mutual is working on the companys technological innovation. Now, you can file your claim online or from its mobile app ... Driving discounts: Get rewarded for your safe driving record. Most notable is Liberty Mutuals RightTrack program, which uses a ... which the company sends a driver to both deliver your replacement car while your car is being repaired and to take your car to ... Want to upgrade your ride? Buy their Better Car Replacement™ coverage and if your car is totaled, it will replace it with a car ...
India Auto Expo: Carmakers chase electric dream
Nearly all the companies at the countrys biennial Auto Expo, which opens Friday, have at least one electric vehicle on display ... Mahindra & Mahindra is the only company in India currently selling electric cars directly to consumers, but Goenka expect ... Mahindra, the only firm in India selling electric cars for personal use, unveiled new models and concept cars.. ... Its not just cars. Motorcycle and scooter manufacturers unveiled more than a dozen electric models at the show. India is the ...
Tesla, Ford, Amazon Hint At Cloudy Future For Cars - Slashdot
... once the most analog of technologies, is rapidly becoming a smartphone on wheels: Amazon announced Feb. 13 that Ford SYNC ... I think any company smart enough to be capable of building a viable self-driving car is probably also smart enough to foresee ... Self-driving cars are not a bad idea. Self-driving cars that roll on tires are stupid. We have long had the technology to guide ... manual transmission car but self driving cars are something I want. I may be a good driver (have not damaged a car in driving ...
Self-driving cars should leave us all unsettled. Here's why. - The Washington Post
The reality of a driverless car is one of the most startling manifestations of the future unknowns we all face in this age of ... And then I realize I am looking at a Google car. The technology giant is headquartered in Mountain View, and the company is ... such as whether an autonomous car should drive off a cliff to spare a busload of children at the cost of killing the cars ... Googles self-driving car on the road in Austin in 2015. It is a warm autumn morning, and I am walking through downtown ...
Uber Fires Former Google Engineer at Heart of Self-Driving Dispute - The New York Times
The ride-hailing service had acquired Anthony Levandowskis company last year. He was accused of stealing product plans from ... in exchange for the companys technology and a team of experienced self-driving technology engineers. Mr. Levandowski and his ... The Race for Self-Driving Cars. There are increasing signs that autonomous cars have arrived - and may be driving on our city ... a star engineer brought in to lead the companys self-driving automobile efforts who was accused of stealing trade secrets when ...
BAC Calculator to Calculate Blood Alcohol Level |Driving Under Influence
Effects from alcohol chart courtesy of Lifeloc Technologies.. See Insure.coms Best Car Insurance Companies ... youll find that car insurance after a DUI will result in much higher car insurance premiums - if youre allowed to drive at ... by getting behind the wheel of a car. Though your car insurances liability would cover damages you do to others (though low ... It is a crime in all states to drive with a BAC at or above 0.08 percent, but additional laws and penalties vary widely from ...
Voters may be asked to tax SF tech companies - by j sabatini - June 27, 2016 - The San Francisco Examiner
San Francisco five years ago lured technology companies like Twitter to the mid-Market area with tax breaks worth millions of ... Driving strangers around in your car!. Letting them live in your home!. Making or delivering their salads and fresh juices!. ... 101 I agree-Tech companies have big money and will fight back before they pull out and take half the city with them. More ... A tax on technology companies that could go before San Francisco voters in November is expected to generate $120 million ...
14 Best Car Shippers in Sacramento, CA | ConsumerAffairs
Use our guide to compare the best car transport companies in Sacramento to avoid wear and tear on your car. ... Address: 9300 Tech Center Drive, Ste. 190, Sacramento, CA 95826. *Phone: (916) 999-1234 ... luxury cars, antique cars, muscle cars, exotic cars, vintage cars, trucks and motorcycles. The company offers professional ... Move Auto Read Author Review Share your experience with this company Provides moving services for cars, trucks, exotic cars, ...
UberTesla2018AutomakersGoogle'sSilicon ValleyWaymoDetroitFully autonomous carCarmakersFleetCar'sSectorsBillions of dollars2021BlockchainStartupSpeed approval of selHydrogen fuelAutomakerUber'sFutureDriverless technologyRoboticEngineersPeopleAccidentsDriver'sFintechNewsYearsPublic roadsMercedes-benzStreetsZooxBreakthroughDaimlerLidarRoadsFranciscoMakeElectric carsMobilityRoadResearchSupercarsVehicleSelf-Driving CarsAmbitionsManufacturersFirmsEcosystemTimeTrendsToyotaCrashesConventionalArtificialFord's
- That's why Uber says, starting tomorrow, riders in New York City will be able to share a car if they are going the same way. (entrepreneur.com)
- In addition to the less expensive fares, Uber is touting the program's environmental benefits, making the case that having people share rides will ultimately take extra cars off the road . (entrepreneur.com)
- The Uber announcement comes on the heels of the company taking heat for its so-called "surge pricing," where riders are charged at higher rates for cars during rush hour and peak travel times. (entrepreneur.com)
- In other Uber news, the company announced a partnership with America Movil , billionaire Carlos Slim's telecommunications giant in Latin America. (entrepreneur.com)
- Autonomous driving technology appears to be on the brink of a revolution, with companies from Google to Uber to Tesla either developing their own platforms or looking to partner with other companies. (crm-daily.com)
- We will begin sharing our cars, in a logical extension of Uber and Lyft. (washingtonpost.com)
- Travis Kalanick, the chief executive of Uber, left, with Anthony Levandowski, a vice president of technology at Uber, whose firing was announced to staff members on Tuesday. (nytimes.com)
- SAN FRANCISCO - Uber said Tuesday that it had fired Anthony Levandowski, a star engineer brought in to lead the company's self-driving automobile efforts who was accused of stealing trade secrets when he left a job at Google. (nytimes.com)
- What Mr. Levandowski did when he quit Google to start his own company, Otto, which was acquired by Uber for nearly $700 million last year, is the key question in a closely watched lawsuit that pits one of the world's most powerful companies against Uber, a richly financed up-and-comer. (nytimes.com)
- Uber agreed to pay $680 million - mostly in company equity - in exchange for the company's technology and a team of experienced self-driving technology engineers. (nytimes.com)
- Mr. Levandowski and his staff would also be entitled to a small percentage of any profits earned from an Uber-owned, self-driving trucking business developed under Mr. Levandowski's direction. (nytimes.com)
- But just months after the acquisition, Waymo sued Uber in civil court, claiming that Uber was using trade secrets stolen from Google to develop Uber's self-driving vehicles - a plan Waymo alleges was aided by Mr. Levandowski. (nytimes.com)
- Uber has pressured Mr. Levandowski to cooperate for months, but after he missed an internal deadline to hand over information, the company fired him. (nytimes.com)
- Over the last few months Uber has provided significant evidence to the court to demonstrate that our self-driving technology has been built independently," Angela L. Padilla, Uber's associate general counsel for employment and litigation, wrote in an email to employees. (nytimes.com)
- But firing Mr. Levandowski could mean that he becomes a witness against Uber if he were to claim, for example, that Uber executives looked the other way while he used proprietary information from Waymo to advance Uber's self-driving car efforts. (nytimes.com)
- Uber has repeatedly said that it has developed its autonomous car technology on its own. (nytimes.com)
- Volvo Cars presented a fully electric robo-taxi on Wednesday, as the company races to meet an ambitious target for driverless vehicle sales with its Uber supply deal on hold. (cdrinfo.com)
- Tech companies such as Uber and Alphabet's Waymo are pouring billions of dollars into autonomous car development, while auto manufacturers such as Daimler are testing prototypes. (cdrinfo.com)
- So far, Volvo's self-driving ambitions have been closely linked with Uber, which was operating a fleet of autonomous Volvo XC90s until a recent fatal collision with a pedestrian brought the program to a halt. (cdrinfo.com)
- Aurora, a startup company led by three veterans of Google, Tesla and Uber, has signed deals with both Volkswagen and Hyundai with the goal of putting autonomous vehicle technology on the market within three years - and doing so "quickly, broadly and safely. (scpr.org)
- FBN's Gerri Willis on Uber safety concerns after one of the company's self-driving cars hit and killed a pedestrian. (foxbusiness.com)
- The Uber self-driving test vehicle that struck and killed an Arizona pedestrian in March was operating with its automatic braking system disabled, according to federal investigators. (foxbusiness.com)
- As FOX Business reported, Uber said Wednesday that it would stop testing its self-driving cars in Arizona. (foxbusiness.com)
- Uber has suspended testing of its self-driving cars after one struck and killed a female cyclist in Phoenix. (sky.com)
- This video was produced by Uber to promote the company's self-driving car program being piloted in Pennsylvania and Arizona. (cnet.com)
- Various companies from Tesla and Alphabet to Uber and Ford have invested heavily in what Intel projects will spur $7 trillion of spending by 2050. (openthemagazine.com)
- Some of Uber's heaviest users woke up to an email Wednesday inviting them to test out the company's new self-driving cars, the centerpiece of a fully autonomous fleet that Uber plans to use in the long run to replace human drivers. (pressherald.com)
- A self-driving Uber car travels through a neighborhood Wednesday in Pittsburgh. (pressherald.com)
- About 1,000 Uber customers were offered a free ride in an automated car, each of which had a safety driver and a vehicle operator in the front seats. (pressherald.com)
- Those who join will receive an update to their Uber apps that will let them summon a driverless car via UberX. (pressherald.com)
- Meanwhile, Uber has said its test vehicles are still grounded and that the company will be assisting local, state, and federal authorities in any way it can. (thetruthaboutcars.com)
- The other three-Tesla, Uber, and Waymo (owned by the same company as Google)-are newcomers from the digital technology world of Silicon Valley and have to build a mass manufacturing capability. (singularityhub.com)
- In town for a leadership summit, Mr. Khosrowshahi and other Uber executives were briefed on the state of the company's self-driving vehicle research, which is based in Pittsburgh. (abc15.com)
- They left the meeting energized, convinced that Uber needed to forge ahead with self-driving cars, the people said. (abc15.com)
- In recent months, Uber has started talking with a few auto manufacturers about potential partnerships, including supplying Uber's autonomous driving technology for use in Toyota's minivans, according to one person familiar with the talks. (abc15.com)
- Uber first made its interest in self-driving cars public when it hired about 40 researchers and scientists from the National Robotics Engineering Center at Carnegie Mellon University in 2015. (abc15.com)
- At the time, the company's chief executive was one of the founders of Uber, Travis Kalanick, who had decided to bet big on self-driving vehicles. (abc15.com)
- He wanted to prepare Uber for a future when fleets of driverless cars could move passengers efficiently and safely around the clock. (abc15.com)
- Yahoo Autoblog editor Justin Hyde has an interesting take on Tesla (TSLA) , the American electric car that just startled Wall Street by reporting an unexpected profit in the first quarter. (yahoo.com)
- Tesla makes amazing battery and battery-charging technology, and then wraps the batteries in cars. (yahoo.com)
- Because Tesla is better at doing this than any other company, it has been successful in an arena in which everyone else has failed. (yahoo.com)
- Tesla Pays Back Washington: Do You Know Anyone Who Drives One? (yahoo.com)
- Tesla also succeeded by targeting the perfect segment of the market in which to sell all-electric cars. (yahoo.com)
- But Tesla built its first cars for affluent buyers in areas in which innovation and environmentally conscious thinking and behavior are prized. (yahoo.com)
- And most Tesla owners also likely have another car in their household, thus allowing owners to avoid the range and time limitations of today's electric cars. (yahoo.com)
- In the future, Hyde says, batteries and battery-charging technology will improve--and Tesla will be perfectly positioned to take advantage of that. (yahoo.com)
- Tesla also plans to introduce a lower-priced car for less-affluent drivers. (yahoo.com)
- If, by then, battery technology has improved, Tesla will be in a great position to sell electric cars to mainstream car buyers. (yahoo.com)
- Tesla has gone all-out with driverless tech since the launch of the Model S in 2012. (autotrader.co.uk)
- Just a couple of years ago, Tesla had this technology all to itself. (autotrader.co.uk)
- General Motors Co ( GM.N ), Alphabet Inc ( GOOGL.O ), Tesla Inc ( TSLA.O ), Volkswagen AG ( VOWG_p.DE ) and others have been lobbying for legislation to speed deployment of self-driving cars. (reuters.com)
- Tesla recently released what might be the world's most expensive software download-a $2500 update that turns the Model S into the world's first consumer-available self-driving car. (techrepublic.com)
- On Monday, Elon Musk welcomed investors to Tesla's Palo Alto headquarters for the company's first Autonomy Day, where he made some serious news: He promised an all-electric, 1-million-car fleet of self-driving Tesla taxis would roam the earth by next year. (wired.com)
- Tesla, General Motors, and a slew of other tech and auto companies are racing to get self-driving vehicles on the road. (businessinsider.com)
- They lie at the heart of every significant technology revolution e.g. the electric light bulb (patented by Thomas Edison), AC motors (patented by Nikola Tesla) and flight control (patented by the Wright brothers). (just-auto.com)
- Apple co-founder and CEO Steve Jobs had plans to design and build a car, according to Apple board member and J.Crew Group CEO Mickey Drexler, who said that discussions about the concept surfaced around the time that Tesla Motors debuted its first car. (wikipedia.org)
- Reports indicate that the company has been offering incentives to Tesla employees to join Apple. (wikipedia.org)
- The first major car manufacturer to come from Silicon Valley, Tesla was also the first to introduce Level 2 autopilot back in 2015 . (singularityhub.com)
- The measure, the first significant federal legislation aimed at speeding self-driving cars to market, would allow automakers to win exemptions from current safety rules that prohibit vehicles without human controls. (slashdot.org)
- The bill would allow automakers to obtain exemptions to deploy up to 25,000 vehicles without meeting existing auto safety standards in the first year, a cap that would rise to 100,000 vehicles annually over three years. (reuters.com)
- Automakers and technology companies believe chances are good Congress will approve legislation before year end. (reuters.com)
- Current federal rules bar self-driving cars without human controls on U.S. roads and automakers think proposed state rules in California are too restrictive. (reuters.com)
- The measure, the first significant federal legislation aimed at speeding self-driving cars to market, would require automakers to submit safety assessment reports to regulators, but would not require pre-market approval of advanced vehicle technologies. (reuters.com)
- Automakers say that without changes in regulations, U.S. self-driving car testing could move to Europe and elsewhere. (reuters.com)
- Will it make the self-driving car system available to automakers free - as Google does with its Android smartphone software - in return for getting Apple Music and iMessage into cars? (financialpost.com)
- NIO is part of a wave of fledgling automakers - all backed at least in part by Chinese investors - that are propelling the electric vehicle industry's latest trend: ultra-high-performance cars. (phys.org)
- Analysts say the economic outlook may have made mergers and acquisitions folk more cautious, but "deal fundamentals remain strong," and automakers are focused on "strategic investments" in new tech. (wired.com)
- Although we're still several years away before a fully autonomous car could hit the market, automakers are already exploring how the tech could change vehicles themselves. (businessinsider.com)
- Companies are exploring how cars might look without a driver's seat, but that doesn't mean all automakers are sold on the notion that driver controls need to go. (businessinsider.com)
- That's why automakers and tech companies have been designing innovative car features from holographic dashboards to rotating chairs. (flipboard.com)
- For the most part, it's been a bonanza for tech firms and automakers wanting to test on the open road. (thetruthaboutcars.com)
- A recent trend is that automakers like Toyota and Honda are lacking specialised personnel to develop the necessary technology for driverless cars. (medium.com)
- And who could forget Google's self-driving car ? (slashdot.org)
- Google's self-driving car on the road in Austin in 2015. (washingtonpost.com)
- Google was a pioneer in autonomous car technology and has spent nearly a decade and hundreds of millions of dollars on its effort, which is now run through Waymo, a subsidiary of Google's parent company, Alphabet. (nytimes.com)
- At least not to Cyrano Sciences , a California-based company that is hard at work developing an electronic nose that will come pre-programmed with a database of all sorts of smells-a database like the one at the heart of Google's joke. (washingtonpost.com)
- That project has since been transferred to Google's parent company, Alphabet. (triplepundit.com)
- Coppin kicked off his presentation with Google's self-driving car. (aviationtoday.com)
- In some ways, Uber's self-driving car works better than Google's. (pressherald.com)
- Waymo, a division of Google's parent company Alphabet, has worked with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles to create a self-driving version of the Chrysler Pacifica minivan. (sfchronicle.com)
- Google's fully self-driving vehicle will be leaving the company's testing facilities and hitting the open road. (dynamicbusiness.com)
- Though I live in Silicon Valley, the reality of a driverless car is one of the most startling manifestations of the future unknowns we all face in this age of rapid technology development. (washingtonpost.com)
- The company recently began testing a car equipped with its technology in Silicon Valley. (businessinsider.com)
- NIO, a Chinese-Western hybrid with bases in Shanghai, London and Silicon Valley, created it to showcase the company's technology and had no sales plans. (phys.org)
- So it makes sense that Detroit auto companies and Silicon Valley technology companies would eventually try to figure out how to combine these two parts of American society. (kqed.org)
- Has Vancouver's booming tech sector turned us into Silicon Valley North? (wikipedia.org)
- A Silicon Valley tech company recently posted a video front and center on its website that may startle some Sacramentans. (sacbee.com)
- Last month's acquisition of Israeli autonomous vehicle technology company Mobileye by Intel, for a record setting $15.3 billion, shined a spotlight on Israel as a world leader in the rapidly growing field of driverless car technology, rivaling only Silicon Valley. (nocamels.com)
- Waymo will build self-driving cars in Detroit. (wired.com)
- Waymo was the first to put forth a real vision for a totally driverless car with its Firefly prototype, which lacked a steering wheel and pedals. (businessinsider.com)
- That technology incubation phase led the self-driving car to headline it's own company, Waymo. (aviationtoday.com)
- At the show, Waymo reiterated that it doesn't plan to make its own cars, but wants to partner with established auto companies and others. (sfchronicle.com)
- Self-driving cars - especially those from Waymo - are getting smarter and more street-savvy as they rack up more miles on the road. (sfchronicle.com)
- Autonomous cars from Waymo, the recently renamed offshoot of Google, showed a fourfold improvement in their ability to handle tricky situations, according to the report. (sfchronicle.com)
- We've been able to make dramatic improvements to our technology because we use each of these disengages to teach and refine our car (that's why we set our thresholds for disengages conservatively)," wrote Dmitri Dolgov, head of Waymo self-driving technology, in a blog post. (sfchronicle.com)
- Alphabet-owned company Waymo will be releasing a fleet of self-driving Chrysler Pacifica minivans on public roads in California and Arizona. (sfchronicle.com)
- Unlike previous technology, Waymo revealed that the cars are capabale of completely driving themselves in-house. (sfchronicle.com)
- We're driving it round Detroit, on public roads, a lot so we can collect data. (wired.co.uk)
- Detroit Electric, a revival of a pioneering U.S. electric car brand founded in 1907, launched a sports car venture this year with a Chinese battery maker and the government of Yixing, west of Shanghai. (phys.org)
- The announcements give car advocates fuel for their arguments that the technology is ready if Detroit will commit. (sun-sentinel.com)
- Detroit is a good place for cars, but I believe that, in the future, the central heart for the car industry will be in California. (dailybreeze.com)
- The Detroit Free Press reports that "consumer concerns about the system" had caused Ford's cars to "drop precipitously" in Consumer Reports quality scores. (technologyreview.com)
- Detroit has been known as "the motor city" ever since it became the center of the automobile industry at the beginning of the twentieth century. (nocamels.com)
Fully autonomous car1
- Rather than sell an iCar, then, Apple is leaving itself room to license its technology to other carmakers, buy an auto manufacturer or find some other way to bring the automotive world a little Apple magic. (financialpost.com)
- With Aurora's help, the carmakers hope to jump to a new level of automated driving, pushing beyond the need for a driver to monitor the vehicle on streets and highways. (scpr.org)
- The world's biggest carmakers and technology companies are spending billions of dollars to perfect your ability to drive without thinking. (japantimes.co.jp)
- The internal debates are unfolding at a time when many companies can ill afford to pause on autonomous technology given stiff competition from carmakers and other tech companies. (abc15.com)
- Fleet and insurance bodies campaign for additional safety technologies to be part of the car's spec. (fleetnews.co.uk)
- If the self-driving shuttles prove popular, the fleet could grow. (xconomy.com)
- Some automotive analysts have gone as far as predicting that on the existing trajectory, today's 1.2 billion strong global car fleet could double by 2030. (mckinsey.com)
- The Cruise AV will have no steering wheel or pedals to allow a human to take over and be part of a large fleet of driverless taxis the company plans to operate in big cities. (singularityhub.com)
- It has also partnered with Volvo to create a self-driving fleet of cars and with Toyota to co-create a ride-sharing autonomous vehicle . (singularityhub.com)
- Apple is to supply autonomous driving technology, while the car maker provides a commercial vehicle fleet. (appleinsider.com)
- The technology used to track your car's telematics data depends on your car insurance company . (forbes.com)
- For example, Liberty Mutual Insurance RightTrack offers you the choice among a tag, plug-in or mobile phone, while State Farm Drive Safe & Safe lets you choose between a smartphone app or your car's OnStar system. (forbes.com)
- On that test drive, the autonomous vehicle 'saw' a potential accident situation far sooner than the car's occupants did and made a casual, safe adjustment. (latimes.com)
- And how will we program the machines to make the right decisions when faced with impossible choices - such as whether an autonomous car should drive off a cliff to spare a busload of children at the cost of killing the car's human passenger? (washingtonpost.com)
- Our ride began like many ongoing test drives in autonomous cars, with a human driver behind the wheel and with another human in the passenger's seat monitoring the car's sensors and autonomous driving systems. (businessinsider.com)
- Granted, the car's human supervisors had scripted these scenarios, but at no time did the car go rogue or drive in an unsafe manner. (xconomy.com)
- Among the policy and procedure questions they may ponder: Will they need a warrant before accessing a self-driving car's data? (slate.com)
- This means the car's computer will handle all driving functions, but a human has to be ready to take over if necessary. (singularityhub.com)
- The effort included motorized car doors and a complete rethinking of what a car's interior should include - and not include. (appleinsider.com)
- The fund will look for scale-up companies across enterprise, consumer, fintech, and healthcare IT sectors, the firm said in a statemen t, adding that this was the third fund of its kind. (nocamels.com)
- It provides the latest market size data 2011-2015, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. (marketresearch.com)
- Global Recovery in Automobile, Industrial, and Aerospace Sectors to Drive the Global Bearings Market, According to New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc. (prweb.com)
- Key end use sectors, including industrial machinery and automotive, would continue to drive the bearings market. (prweb.com)
- You can go into BIOS and change the AUTO DETECT to the hard drives geometry (heads/clyinders/sectors). (techrepublic.com)
- While this is not a new phenomenon for those familiar with pharmaceuticals or even the technology, media and telecoms sectors, the balance has only recently shifted for retail, financial service and now the automotive sector. (just-auto.com)
- Including driverless cars (manufacturing sector), together these two sectors will have a market value of JPY 42.65 trillion or 49 percent of the total forecasted market value. (medium.com)
- Castrol continues to drive new technology and lead the agenda in automotive, industrial, aviation, marine, and mining sectors. (castrol.com)
Billions of dollars1
- Volvo, whose first stand-alone autonomous car is due in 2021, is exploring a listing this year. (cdrinfo.com)
- Self-driving Hyundai models will be on the market by 2021, the company says. (scpr.org)
- From less than one camera per car on average in 2015, there will be more than three cameras per car by 2021, which means 371 million automotive imaging devices. (slideshare.net)
- Solid state lidar is well talked about and will start to be found in high end cars by 2021. (slideshare.net)
- Kia previously said it would begin testing autonomous cars in "smart cities" in 2021, but so far its efforts have been on a smaller scale than other companies. (digitaltrends.com)
- The car - a late-model Toyota Prius - was a test vehicle equipped with technology from AImotive , a Hungarian startup (Hungary is primarily known in the automotive world for its tiny, toy-like "microcars" ). (businessinsider.com)
- The company is partnering with Aurora, a U.S. startup, to boost its autonomous vehicle program. (scpr.org)
- Startup NIO has the car: An electric two-seater with muscular European lines and a top speed of 195 miles per hour (313 kilometers per hour). (phys.org)
- Take a trip inside the Mountain View headquarters of Kitty Hawk, the Larry Page-funded startup desperate to flee traffic by "going 3D"-and building honest-to-goodness flying cars . (wired.com)
- Also in November 2015, after unknown EV startup Faraday Future announced a $1 billion U.S. factory project, some speculated that it might actually be a front for Apple's secret car project. (wikipedia.org)
- Hi-Tech Robotic is a Gurugram-based tech startup that works in the driverless technology space. (openthemagazine.com)
- Israel has earned the name the "Startup Nation" thanks to its thriving high-tech sector and entrepreneurial spirit, powered historically by veterans of technology units in the military. (nocamels.com)
Speed approval of sel1
- Our hydrogen fuel cell technology, comprehensive service network, and commitment to providing cost-savings for customers has enabled Plug Power to become a trusted partner to many in the industry and we are excited to begin working with Amazon. (triplepundit.com)
- After a lull in the number of hydrogen fuel-cell related patents being filed, companies are now scrambling to protect advances in fuel-cell development. (autoblog.com)
- Audi is the first automaker to get a permit from California to test self-driving cars on public roads. (latimes.com)
- The automaker already has a specially equipped A7 autonomous car in the San Francisco area that it said it will begin testing immediately. (latimes.com)
- The Indian automaker Tata has promised to produce a car powered solely by compressed air, although that uses a different technology, developed by Motor Development International. (nytimes.com)
- The 200-member Hybrid Air team, led by Karim Mokaddem, a Peugeot engineer, appears to be moving the fastest of any at a global automaker to bring this alternative hybrid technology to production. (nytimes.com)
- The 750-person automaker is dedicated to building electrics that Americans just might get behind-namely, pickup trucks and big, ol' SUVs-and it's leading a pack of auto-tech upstarts hoping to change the industry game . (wired.com)
- The automaker believes artificial-intelligence technology that can recognize human emotions is the way to do that. (digitaltrends.com)
- It will likely use a commercial vehicle from an automaker, with Apple testing the autonomous driving technology that it develops. (sfgate.com)
- Citing sources familiar with Apple's "Project Titan," The New York Times reports the company will partner with an established automaker on a self-driving shuttle testbed. (appleinsider.com)
- And Travis Kalanick, Uber's chief executive, has said the future of his ride-hailing company, privately valued at nearly $70 billion, hinges on work being done to create cars that can drive themselves. (nytimes.com)
- and Chief Technical Officer Drew Bagnell, who helped to start both Carnegie Robotics and Uber's Advanced Technology Center. (scpr.org)
- Two years ago, when Uber's then chief Travis Kalanick came visiting, he said India would be the last place on earth to get self- driving cars. (openthemagazine.com)
- Having now tested out both, I can say firsthand that Uber's car is better at accelerating and braking like a real human being. (pressherald.com)
- The accident threw Uber's autonomous vehicle efforts into flux, immediately forcing the suspension of its self-driving car tests in cities including Tempe, Pittsburgh, and Toronto. (abc15.com)
- Months later, Uber's executives are divided over what to do with the autonomous business, according to the people familiar with the company. (abc15.com)
- While one camp is pushing Mr. Khosrowshahi to seek partnerships or even a potential sale of the unit, known as the Advanced Technologies Group, a rival contingent is arguing that developing self-driving technology is crucial to Uber's future, the people said. (abc15.com)
- In recent months, top engineers have left Uber's self-driving project for lucrative opportunities elsewhere. (abc15.com)
- This question helped form the basis of the Automobility L.A. Design and Developer Challenge, which invited creative and unexpected collaborations to conceptualize autonomous cars of the future. (latimes.com)
- But as the latest technology migrates into automobiles, it could well be the future we're going to receive. (slashdot.org)
- With the help of architecture firm Perkins+Will and transportation consultants Nelson/Nygaard, the ride-sharing company has reimagined a street for the future. (cnn.com)
- According to the company, the new Volvo 360c concept is a holistic view of a future of travel that is autonomous, electric, connected and safe. (cdrinfo.com)
- Eliminating drunk driving once and for all will hopefully save thousands of lives in the future. (seriousaccidents.com)
- In the future, we anticipate that people will be able to use our mobility app or digital virtual assistant to hail a self-driving electric vehicle to drive them conveniently door-to-door, or use our Volkswagen OneButton which has GPS, connectivity and a compass, as a small beautiful key fob with maximum convenience. (scpr.org)
- We know the future of transportation is autonomous, and autonomous driving technology needs to be proven in the real-world to accelerate deployment in a safe and scalable manner," said Hyundai Motor Vice Chairman Woong Chul Yang. (scpr.org)
- This Rolls-Royce concept is designed for a future where autonomous cars are the norm. (businessinsider.com)
- Warehouse operations aren't the most exciting sector in the auto industry, but the new Amazon forklift deal could make a big difference for the future of fuel cell electric cars. (triplepundit.com)
- But the DLR researchers want to change that: They want to optimize production technologies so that more sandwiches could be on the streets in the future. (disclose.tv)
- A few lines in a seemingly routine RAND Corp. report on the future of technology and law enforcement last week raised a provocative question: Should police have the power to take control of a self-driving car? (slate.com)
- We have developed the READ system to create an interactive future mobility in-cabin space by converging cutting-edge vehicle control technology and A.I.-based emotional intelligence," Albert Biermann, head of research and development at Kia, said in a statement. (digitaltrends.com)
- After 2030, the last generation of diesel and gasoline engines will be launched," said Degenhart, outlining a possible roadmap for future drive systems. (continental.com)
- Whereas cars today require more than 100 million lines of software code for their functions, the amount of software required for future functions will increase tenfold. (continental.com)
- A UTOPIAN FUTURE of driverless cars is apparently close at hand, where roads will be safer and road space more efficiently managed. (openthemagazine.com)
- In this future, car ownership will be a thing of the past. (openthemagazine.com)
- Though it hasn't yet brought a viable model to market, Faraday workers are developing technologies they believe will be key to the future auto industry. (dailybreeze.com)
- The future is really autonomous driving and connectivities - what kind of service the car can provide. (dailybreeze.com)
- The pilot project, which is the first in the United States to include members of the public, offers a taste of a technological future thousands have only read about. (pressherald.com)
- That said, they may also set the stage for a dystopian future where manual driving is illegal , companies endlessly advertise to you in-car , and hackers can assume total control of your vehicle . (thetruthaboutcars.com)
- Toyota Motor Corp., Asia's biggest carmaker, is preparing for a potential future where people don't buy cars. (japantimes.co.jp)
- In future, all new Audi cars will be online and feature Audi connect as standard equipment. (audi.com)
- With another successful test completed of this vehicle platoon project, a future where cars operate without individual drivers is nearing. (reuters.com)
- If you're Ford, you throw out your old visions of the future and design for the new world where, on the one hand, an aging population is in search of cars that allow them to remain mobile, and on the other hand, a generation of young people increasingly prizes connectivity over freedom. (metropolismag.com)
- The technology company already employs some 49,000 engineers worldwide, more than a third of whom have a software background. (continental.com)
- A n official with Kashmir's state-owned telecom company, Bharat Sanchar Nigam, said engineers were still working on shutting down the 22 sites, including Facebook and Twitter, but so far had been unable to do so without freezing the internet across the Himalayan region. (telegraph.co.uk)
- The company now employes 1,000 skilled engineers and other workers. (dailybreeze.com)
- The only thing needed for this to be a good idea is less average damage to people in accidents with self-driving cars than in human-controlled ones. (slashdot.org)
- People like you who don't have the education or direct experience working with the specific technology in this case are not in any way shape or form qualified to be commenting on how safe or beneficial it'll be. (slashdot.org)
- When Jessica Chou drove her 2003 Volkswagen Jetta into the Los Angeles Auto Show, the people checking her in seemed confused. (latimes.com)
- As the fifth-largest property and casualty insurer in the U.S., it's the insurer of choice for many people looking to protect homes, cars, motorcycles, boats, pet, rentals and businesses. (bankrate.com)
- Learning to drive is a rite of passage for people in materially rich nations (and becoming so in the rest of the world): a symbol of freedom, of power, and of the agency of adulthood, a parable of how brains can overcome physical limitations to expand the boundaries of what is physically possible. (washingtonpost.com)
- The "SonoFit" technology behind Sonomax's custom fit headphones enables people to create earbuds molded to the shape of their inner ear. (financialpost.com)
- Auto transportation services help many people moving to Sacramento. (consumeraffairs.com)
- We see that the boom in technology has brought a housing crunch where everyday people can't afford to stay in their homes," said Kung Feng, lead organizer with Jobs With Justice San Francisco. (sfexaminer.com)
- This one is aimed at people who are trying to use technology to get work done, make their businesses and their professional lives more efficient, and improve society. (techrepublic.com)
- We deliver the top business tech news stories about the companies, the people, and the products revolutionizing the planet. (techrepublic.com)
- In Los Angeles today, 68% of people drive alone. (cnn.com)
- Tumlin believes if people see public transportation or biking as a good alternative to driving, they're less likely to rely on their car. (cnn.com)
- What most people do not know is that it is possible to get PTSD from a car accident. (seriousaccidents.com)
- Might LA's redesign of its bus system prompt the city to become less a city for cars and more a city for people? (wired.com)
- The sleek, bullet-shaped shuttles, which look a little like overgrown smart cars, are a "critical research project that will help us understand … this type of mobility service and how people interact with it," said Huei Peng, Mcity's director, during remarks at the demo day event. (xconomy.com)
- Caltrans officials had for years shied away from committing to the project, partly because of the cost, but also because most policymakers and planners in the Sacramento region agree that widening freeways generally has the adverse effect of inviting people to drive more, which ends up causing more long commutes and more congestion in the long term. (sacbee.com)
- Many people entering the global middle class will want to buy cars: automobile sales are expected to increase from about 70 million a year in 2010 to 125 million by 2025, with more than half forecasted to be bought in cities. (mckinsey.com)
- If you read here often enough then you know I address this topic from time to time as companies and people do cheat with their software. (blogspot.com)
- If cars can reliably drive themselves, people will suddenly have more free time. (digitaltrends.com)
- I believe that, in five to 10 years, people will not talk about buying a car for its power or performance. (dailybreeze.com)
- Hideo Tsurumaki watched the giant tsunami crash onto Japan's northeast coast on March 11, 2011, sweeping away cars as people tried to escape from them. (japantimes.co.jp)
- The group was impressed by the progress its autonomous division had made in testing driverless cars in Pittsburgh and in Arizona, according to three people familiar with the ride-hailing company, who were not authorized to speak publicly. (abc15.com)
- Mr. Khosrowshahi remains undecided, the people said, though he has expressed a desire to partner with other companies on autonomous technologies. (abc15.com)
- By dismissing them to park outside of the city center, and even by cutting road lanes, signage, and other street furniture intended to accommodate traditional cars, there'd be even more room for the people themselves. (slashgear.com)
- SOUNDBITE (English) VOLVO PRODUCT PLANNING VICE PRESIDENT, TOSCAN BENNET SAYING: "People do not think twice about getting into an airplane with auto-pilot or getting in to a train without a person controlling it. (reuters.com)
- As one of Ford's P.R. people phrased it in an email to Technology Review , "Operating like a technology company, Ford leverages software to continuously update and upgrade the driver experience, moving at a pace similar to that seen in the consumer electronics industry. (technologyreview.com)
- Most people with diabetes wear devices like this next to the skin, which can make it difficult to check insulin levels while buckled into a car. (metropolismag.com)
- That's why people in the business of designing and producing self-driving cars have begun considering the ethics of so-called crash-optimization algorithms. (slate.com)
- BTW, we have two forms of evidence: the numbers on accidents that we get from companies making self-driving systems and the willingness of at least some of those companies to accept full liability for any accidents caused by their systems. (slashdot.org)
- NHTSA believes that DADSS can prevent an estimated 9,000 wrongful deaths caused by car accidents where drunk driving was the cause of the crash. (seriousaccidents.com)
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), car accidents are the top killers of 10-24 year olds worldwide, costing approximately 400,000 lives per year. (seriousaccidents.com)
- Auto accidents are the number one cause of death for teens in Florida and the nation. (sun-sentinel.com)
- Even though they got involved in accidents and file for claims, the insurance company will still gain much because the amount of claims will never surpass the amount of profits. (autoquotenow.com)
- Driverless car might be said a new technology to us, but you can read in the news, currently giant auto manufacturers are developing their autonomous technology , pushing technology forward to reduce road accidents with self-driving cars. (tuvie.com)
- Although research indicates that self-driving cars will crash at rates far lower than automobiles operated by humans, accidents will remain inevitable, they will be unavoidable, and their outcomes will have important ethical consequences . (slate.com)
- I've ridden in a car with no one in the driver's seat. (businessinsider.com)
- The early phase has already been conducted focusing on finding technologies that can tell what a driver's blood alcohol content is without getting in the driver's way - while being reliable, durable, repeatable and cost effective, the biggest element of MADD's Campaign to Eliminate Drunk Driving. (seriousaccidents.com)
- But self-driving cars move to the proverbial ethicist's armchair what used to be decisions made exclusively from the driver's seat. (slate.com)
- But it does require that individuals involved in the design, production, purchase, and use of self-driving automobiles take the view from both the armchair and driver's seat. (slate.com)
- Apple is shifting strategy a bit to prioritize self-driving car technology, though it hasn't given up work on designing and making its own car, my Bloomberg News colleagues reported on Thursday. (financialpost.com)
- It's part of "the reinvention of mobility and the automobile," Volkswagen Chief Digital Officer Johann Jungwirth said in a news release . (scpr.org)
- So the news that concept car designer Rinspeed would unveil a new aquatic car at the Geneva Motor Show in 2008 didn't seem likely to make a huge splash. (howstuffworks.com)
- Digital Trends helps readers keep tabs on the fast-paced world of tech with all the latest news, fun product reviews, insightful editorials, and one-of-a-kind sneak peeks. (digitaltrends.com)
- Sign-up to our email newsletter for daily perspectives on car design, trends, events and news, not found elsewhere. (torquenews.com)
- Torque News is an automotive news provider by Hareyan Publishing, LLC, dedicated to covering the latest news, reviews and opinions about the car industry. (torquenews.com)
- Despite all the negative political-related news, there were 10 tech trends this year that positively transformed humanity. (singularityhub.com)
- With safety as its prime motivation, expect Volvo to become a self-driving pioneer in the next couple of years. (autotrader.co.uk)
- Analyst Koslowski, who had his first autonomous vehicle experience in a Google test car two years ago, said the safety implications are enormous. (latimes.com)
- A man driving a lorry in the UK who was sending a test message to his girlfriend and killed another driver received 5 years in prison back in 2001. (slashdot.org)
- How the hell do Ford/BWM/GM et al know what technology I'll want in a car 10 years from now. (slashdot.org)
- Years before an Apple car might hit the roads, though, the company is hitting some speed bumps. (financialpost.com)
- A car isn't a product that Apple can just cook in a lab for 10 years until everything is perfect and then spring it on the world with a dramatic on-stage reveal. (financialpost.com)
- The idea of using so-called hybrid hydraulics to power a car has been around for years. (nytimes.com)
- Technology has created new opportunities, and for the last three years, the NHTSA has been working with leading auto makers as well as the Automotive Coalition for Traffic Safety to create a program called DADSS or "Driver Alcohol Detection System for Safety. (seriousaccidents.com)
- Scientists from Tel Aviv University, Stanford, and the University of California, Berkeley announced a joint initiative to collaborate on medical and information technology research over the next five years. (nocamels.com)
- To put this in perspective, consider that just a few years ago it was difficult to get investors interested in fuel cell technology. (triplepundit.com)
- as we continue to drive down our costs, we should be at parity with IC [internal combustion] engines in five to six years, at which point we'll be ready to expand into other areas. (triplepundit.com)
- Those who drive the SLRV for ten years only pay about ten cents per kilometer - significantly less than for conventional cars. (disclose.tv)
- You probably haven't, but visionary car designer Frank M. Rinderknecht thought about it for 30 years, and his James Bond -inspired dream is now a reality. (howstuffworks.com)
- I am assuming the HD is a recent one (within the 8 years or so) as this was a fault found on some vintage drives that could only be found after a delay to spin them up to speed. (techrepublic.com)
- And it's likely to become more urgent in the coming years as self-driving cars attempt to cross the bridge from research project to commercial reality. (slate.com)
- To celebrate 60 years of selling exotic sports cars in America, Ferrari has unveiled a special car for the United States. (flipboard.com)
- Continental will be shaping the mobility ecosystem in three fields of technology in the next 20 years: alternative drive systems, autonomous driving, as well as interconnectivity and the cloud along with data management. (continental.com)
- Our professional team of reporters have many years of experience covering the latest cars, trucks, upcoming new-car launches and car shows. (torquenews.com)
- Dietmar Exler, chief executive of Mercedes-Benz USA, is often asked why it's taking so long to develop self-driving cars. (latimes.com)
- Mercedes-Benz teased something big - figuratively and literally - for CES 2015, and the F 015 Luxury in Motion autonomous car ticks both boxes. (slashgear.com)
- The way Mercedes-Benz sees it, gaining traction for autonomous cars is all about adding value to everybody on the road and in urban environments. (slashgear.com)
- A Mercedes-Benz self-driving car on March 13 at the Dam square in Amsterdam. (slate.com)
- it won't begin to test it on city streets (a more challenging environment for autonomous cars) until early next year. (businessinsider.com)
- It should start by narrowing streets and planting trees where cars currently drive. (cnn.com)
- As we slowly wound our way through Mcity's streets, the car was able to "read" when traffic lights went from green to yellow, and then slow down accordingly. (xconomy.com)
- It was a dry, sunny day, however, and we didn't climb any of the city's big hills or drive on any poorly marked streets. (pressherald.com)
- Amazon is reportedly close to buying the self -driving car company, Zoox. (yahoo.com)
- Zoox Level 4 Mobility Company is an autonomous vehicle for the next generation. (tuvie.com)
- Zoox Level 4 Mobility Company features bi-directionality driving system that allows this vehicle to be driven equally in either direction. (tuvie.com)
- The cabin layout of Zoox Level 4 Mobility Company allows you to recline, enjoy the view, and interact with each other comfortably. (tuvie.com)
- While some skeptics wonder if the Hybrid Air is truly a breakthrough technology, the Peugeot and Citroën research cars powered by it may prove to be some of the more intriguing models on display this week at the Geneva motor show. (nytimes.com)
- Today, the sector is poised for another breakthrough with the advent of cars that drive themselves. (singularityhub.com)
- Agile's patented SILENTstep, is claimed to be a breakthrough hybrid technology drive for stepper-motors. (theengineer.co.uk)
- For more than a century, we have refined our original technologies and complemented them with breakthrough inventions developed by other 3M businesses. (3m.com)
- Investors ranged from power generators to automotive manufacturers like Daimler and BMW with a clear interest in protecting their businesses as electric cars replace fossil-fuel propelled ones. (forbes.com)
- Daimler has invested heavily in electric cars and they will need somewhere to charge. (forbes.com)
- ChargePoint said new investors in the latest round include American Electric Power, Chevron Technology Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Daimler Trucks & Buses, and Quantum Energy Partners. (forbes.com)
- AImotive is developing self-driving car technology that relies on inexpensive cameras, rather than a pricey Lidar system. (businessinsider.com)
- Cameras cost a small fraction of Lidar systems, and the company is betting that by using them instead, its partners will be able to deploy self-driving cars faster and at a lower price. (businessinsider.com)
- Even at this early stage in the era of self-driving cars however, the sight of a vehicle without lidar is almost as jarring as that of a car without a steering wheel. (businessinsider.com)
- From the outside, you wouldn't expect the humble Ford Fusion to contain technology that could upend the global transportation paradigm-until you notice the LIDAR unit whirring on its roof. (xconomy.com)
- LIDAR, which stands for Light Detection and Ranging, is a remote sensor technology that uses pulses of light to produce a 3D picture of the surrounding environment. (xconomy.com)
- Manufactured by the French firm Navya , the ARMA shuttles are fully electric, equipped with cameras and WiFi for easier data collection, and rely on a combination of LIDAR and GPS technologies for navigation. (xconomy.com)
- Lidar is supposed to be the golden goose for autonomous technology, allowing for digital imaging beyond what the human eye is capable of. (thetruthaboutcars.com)
- Although the various levels of autonomous driving are now well-established, and the technology is well on its way, legislation still needs to be sorted out before you'll see a fully driverless car on the roads. (autotrader.co.uk)
- Representative Frank Pallone said the phase-in period was essential so "millions of exempted cars will not hit our roads all at once. (reuters.com)
- Global venture firm Eight Roads Ventures Europe (ERVE) announced that it was setting up a $375 million fund to invest in fast-growing tech companies in Israel and Europe. (nocamels.com)
- Eight Roads said it has been investing in Israeli entrepreneurs for close to a decade, noting companies like AppsFlyer, a global leader in mobile marketing attribution, and Hibob, an emerging leader in human resources for small and medium enterprises. (nocamels.com)
- cars and trucks roll along the roads, while bicycles and scooters jostle for space. (mckinsey.com)
- The company does have carpooling options in San Francisco, Chicago and San Diego, and is announcing an expansion of shared rides in Washington D.C. and Boston this week, a Sidecar spokesperson says. (entrepreneur.com)
- The chipmaker signed an agreement yesterday to acquire computer vision software company Itseez Inc. The 11-year-old San Francisco-based firm will become part of Intel's IoT Group (IOTG). (crm-daily.com)
- Although the California rapper was skeptical when he first met the Montreal businessman, Mr. Nazel said he decided to join the company after testing out Sonomax's custom fit headphone system for himself in a San Francisco airport. (financialpost.com)
- A tax on technology companies that could go before San Francisco voters in November is expected to generate $120 million annually. (sfexaminer.com)
- The measure would impose a 1.5 percent surtax on tech companies' payroll within San Francisco, according to those involved in the discussions. (sfexaminer.com)
- The company later said it was suspended its self-driving car tests in Phoenix, Pittsburgh, San Francisco and Toronto. (sky.com)
- Other tech companies make it difficult. (yahoo.com)
- Nor is it clear how Apple will make money from its car project. (financialpost.com)
- Other companies are applying the technology to garbage trucks, which, like U.P.S. vans, are big, make frequent stops and can benefit from recovering energy otherwise wasted in heat generated by the brakes. (nytimes.com)
- The best way to make driving possible is to make it easy for drivers to do something other than driving," Tumlin told CNN. (cnn.com)
- 3. Volkswagen Group debuted a concept car in March that looks like a pod on wheels because it only needs to make space for passengers. (businessinsider.com)
- Rolled it down hill to make it look like it was driving under its own power. (disclose.tv)
- If you live in an area with high theft rates with the make and model of your car, then you have to pay higher premium. (autoquotenow.com)
- The first thing everyone wants to know when they see the sQuba is: Why the heck would you make an underwater car a convertible ? (howstuffworks.com)
- Google plans to make its self-driving cars unit, which will offer rides for hire, a stand-alone business under the Alphabet corporate umbrella next year, a person briefed on the strategy told Bloomberg . (fantasycars.com)
- Volkswagen to make electric car cells, battery packs in U.S. (autoblog.com)
- How to make a city great , McKinsey & Company, September 2013. (mckinsey.com)
- The Apple electric car project, codenamed "Titan", is an electric car project allegedly undergoing research and development by Apple Inc. To date, Apple has yet to comment on any plans to make an electric car. (wikipedia.org)
- Biermann is the former BMW executive Kia hired to make its production cars more exciting to drive. (digitaltrends.com)
- It's possible that companies will not only use new technology to make the experience more pleasant, but to try to sell things to passengers. (digitaltrends.com)
- GM has the same problem most other global companies have, car lovers are not running but financial 'experts' who make final decision based on ROI. (torquenews.com)
- While the battery pack is relatively small, and we expect the driving range to be relatively short, fast charging support can make up for that in a big way. (torquenews.com)
- Ford wants to catch some of the reflected glow of the sorts of companies that make our Most Innovative Companies list, like Apple, Facebook, and Google. (technologyreview.com)
- AI is a technology that utilises machine intelligence and human-thinking ability to process various data to make predictions, recommendations and decisions. (medium.com)
- The big weakness of electric cars, Hyde points out, is their limited range and the time required to charge time. (yahoo.com)
- And they have prevented all-electric cars from going mainstream. (yahoo.com)
- Mahindra, the only firm in India selling electric cars for personal use, unveiled new models and concept cars. (cnn.com)
- The transformation to electric cars is inevitable in India," said Sumit Sawhney, who heads Renault's ( RNLSY ) Indian business. (cnn.com)
- Mahindra & Mahindra is the only company in India currently selling electric cars directly to consumers , but Goenka expect others will join the party soon. (cnn.com)
- Volvo expects autonomous cars to account for a third of its sales by 2025, the company said in June, while fully electric cars claim 50 percent. (cdrinfo.com)
- Unfortunately, big cities are an ideal spot for small electric cars. (eetimes.com)
- A Canadian electric utility company demonstrated a device designed to achieve higher efficiency in electric cars by making the motor part of the wheel. (sun-sentinel.com)
- The recession has had a very positive effect on electric cars, unfortunately at the expense of traditional gasoline car makers, Saab being no stranger to this. (torquenews.com)
- Are those smaller players that were, let's be honest ruined by larger car makers in the middle of a catastrophic recession key assets for electric cars, EVs? (torquenews.com)
- The race to provide a reliable and ubiquitous network to power the new fleets of electric cars is led in Europe by Chargepoint, which competes against companies like French electric utility Engie, RWE of Germany's Innogy, Britain's E.ON, and FastNed of Holland. (forbes.com)
- The trouble is, the move to embrace electric cars is only gathering pace slowly, despite some persuasive efforts by governments. (forbes.com)
- ChargePoint will be hoping sales of electric cars will soon accelerate away. (forbes.com)
- Any perceived shortage of charging spaces and worries about range will undermine demand for electric cars in the marketplace. (forbes.com)
- We recognize the positive and negative impacts that various types of technology and mobility can have as we devise ways to ensure the former outweigh the latter. (coolhunting.com)
- As more of the world's cities become congested and polluted, new business models and technologies are emerging to solve the mobility challenge. (mckinsey.com)
- He added: "In terms of technology, organization and mentality, we are already fully focused on tomorrow's mobility. (continental.com)
- Although the various levels of autonomous driving are now well-established - Level 1 at its simplest, through to the currently theoretical (at least on the open road) Level 5 - today's most advanced machines are still hovering in the vicinity of Level 3, offering lots of assistance, but not taking full control. (autotrader.co.uk)
- The technology giant is headquartered in Mountain View, and the company is road-testing its diminutive autonomous cars there. (washingtonpost.com)
- Residents in neighborhoods such as River Park, Westlake and Gateway West often use auto transport services to move their exotic cars safely and avoid road damage. (consumeraffairs.com)
- It also takes 10 times as much road space to move someone in a car as any other mode of transportation, according to Jeff Tumlin, director of strategy at Nelson/Nygaard. (cnn.com)
- This week, the state Legislature is considering a bill that would set up rules for putting self-driving cars on the road. (kqed.org)
- That hurdle, convincing the general public to hand their car keys over to a computerized chauffeur, may be bigger than the technological challenges that need to be solved before self-driving cars can hit the open road. (xconomy.com)
- There is no shortage of announcements on the road to electrification, connectivity and autonomous driving. (just-auto.com)
- I don't think you will be able to bring the technology existing elsewhere and just slap it into a car for an Indian road," Sharma says. (openthemagazine.com)
- These autonomous cars won't get drunk or doze off, jump signals, get distracted with phones or have fits of road rage. (openthemagazine.com)
- These feature "high automation," where the car can drive entirely on its own but not in certain conditions such as when the road surface is poor or the weather is bad. (singularityhub.com)
- They serve more of a purpose than just lighting up the road ahead, too: if the car is under manual control, they turn white, while in autonomous mode they switch to blue, indicating status to other drivers. (slashgear.com)
- Sept. 21 - A new era of autonomous driving may be drawing nearer following successful trials of the Safe Road Trains for the Environment (SARTRE) project, sponsored by the European Union. (reuters.com)
- SOUNDBITE (English) VOLVO AUTONOMOUS DRIVE ENGINEER, STEFAN SOLYOM SAYING: "Okay now we are the third car and we are trying to join the road train. (reuters.com)
- The cars communicate with each other via cameras, radar and laser sensors, forming road trains behind a lead vehicle operated by a professional driver. (reuters.com)
- He maintains that the high cost and inefficiencies of owning a car and sitting in traffic, as well as the large numbers of road fatalities around the world, prove this. (nocamels.com)
- If this is true, the result will be fewer self-driving cars on the road. (slate.com)
- Audi is a driving force behind the research taking automated driving from science fiction to pre-production readiness,' Scott Keogh, president of Audi of America, said in a statement. (latimes.com)
- Finding the right company to transport your car requires planning and careful research . (consumeraffairs.com)
- Three companies have begun the technology research to create prototypes to be sent to experts in late spring or early summer. (seriousaccidents.com)
- An electroencephalogram ( EEG ), technology that records brain activity, has been built into headrests produced by Changhong Research Labs and Freer Logic . (wired.co.uk)
- And that, says Wayne Williams, a member of Ford's autonomous vehicle research team, is probably the best possible outcome for a self-driving car demonstration. (xconomy.com)
- The next section of the paper will define advanced technology firms, and the following section will provide an overview of the research that provides the theoretical foundation for the framework. (usitc.gov)
- In November 2015, various websites reported that suspected Apple front SixtyEight Research had attended an auto body conference in Europe. (wikipedia.org)
- The trend towards multi-party collaborations will increase as there are limits to what individual companies can research and utilise AI on their own. (medium.com)
- In fact, many major tech companies including Microsoft, Apple and Google all have research and development facilities in Israel. (nocamels.com)
- The Audi R8 is a brilliant car that put far more established supercars' noses out of joint when it was launched in 2007. (cnet.com)
- From basic cars to supercars, Castrol has reached the highest levels of recognition and success while also maintaining the highest standards in environmental safety. (castrol.com)
- Usage-based insurance programs collect vehicle "telematics" data that comes from cellular, GPS or other technology. (forbes.com)
- Traditional auto insurance pricing factors are also still generally built into your rate, such as your driving record, credit, vehicle type and location. (forbes.com)
- Nearly all the companies at the country's biennial Auto Expo, which opens Friday, have at least one electric vehicle on display. (cnn.com)
- Our guide to local auto transport companies in Sacramento helps you find reputable car shipping and protect your vehicle. (consumeraffairs.com)
- Relocates your vehicle on company trucks or contracted carriers. (consumeraffairs.com)
- The program will attempt to correct several issues in a broad range in addition to developing new technology to prevent drunk drivers from enter a vehicle without getting in the way of normal driving by sober drivers. (seriousaccidents.com)
- Our target is to be the first Chinese-based vehicle company to sell worldwide," said Lam. (phys.org)
- An electric car manufacturer unveiled the nation's first vehicle made of lightweight composite materials and designed for mass production. (sun-sentinel.com)
- A company that makes batteries that are recharged by replacing the fuel pack disclosed plans for a large-scale electric-vehicle test by the German postal service. (sun-sentinel.com)
- They say electric vehicle technology is still not ready for drive time. (sun-sentinel.com)
- Solectria's manufacturing partners will include subsidiaries of Dow Chemical, United Technologies, Development of the Sunrise was coordinated by the Northeast Alternative Vehicle Consortium, a group financed by the Pentagon and other federal and state agencies. (sun-sentinel.com)
- Modern vehicle tracking systems commonly use Global Positioning System (GPS) or Global Navigation Satellite System (GLONASS) technology for locating the vehicle, but other types of automatic vehicle location technology can also be used. (openpr.com)
- Officer Rodriguez gestured for the car to stop, and the self-driving vehicle rolled to a halt behind the crosswalk. (slate.com)
- The question here is which drive system is the most eco-efficient for the respective vehicle use. (continental.com)
- Apple had already made it clear that it is putting off any notion of an Apple-branded autonomous vehicle, working instead on the underlying technology. (sfgate.com)
- A wireless communication unit allows cars to mimic the lead vehicle autonomously. (reuters.com)
- The vehicle is fully automatic and you do not have to worry about driving anymore. (reuters.com)
- After massive investments into self-driving car technology, Apple is transitioning away from a branded vehicle in favor of a shuttle service that will transport employees between corporate buildings, according to an in-depth report published Tuesday. (appleinsider.com)
- Senior threat researcher Rainier Link talks about smart car security, the role of car manufacturers in securing vehicle systems, and security as a top consideration when creating new tech. (trendmicro.com)
- Self-driving cars: how good is the technology? (autotrader.co.uk)
- Self-Driving Cars Really Will Revolutionize the Economy. (slate.com)
- Consumer advocates want more changes, including giving the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration quicker access to crash data and more funding to oversee self-driving cars. (reuters.com)
- Self-driving cars should leave us all unsettled. (washingtonpost.com)
- MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. - Covering the development of self-driving cars has offered some unique experiences. (businessinsider.com)
- The view during my ride inside one of AImotive's self-driving cars. (businessinsider.com)
- A reality check on self-driving cars . (wired.com)
- That may seem far-fetched, but consider that Google began dabbling in the related field of self-driving cars in 2015 and is now a burgeoning leader in the space. (triplepundit.com)
- RAND report: Self-driving cars could give police new powers. (slate.com)
- Should Cops Be Allowed to Take Control of Self-Driving Cars? (slate.com)
- It's reasonable to expect that self-driving cars would do the same. (slate.com)
- It's clear, then, that police officers should have some power over the movements of self-driving cars. (slate.com)
- What control police should have over self-driving cars was just one of numerous questions raised in the 32-page report, and it merited only a few paragraphs of discussion. (slate.com)
- I asked the report's lead author, RAND Corp. operations researcher John S. Hollywood, whether he got the sense that the law enforcement representatives on the panel were eager to push for law enforcement control of Internet-connected and self-driving cars. (slate.com)
- That, along with the potential to reduce crashes, is a major impetus for self-driving cars. (digitaltrends.com)
- The government has offered almost no oversight in the hopes that self-driving cars will get here sooner. (thetruthaboutcars.com)
- Mercedes envisages the current trend of low-emission zones in cities to extend to "safety zones" where only self-driving cars can roam. (slashgear.com)
- What does this mean for self-driving cars and technologies? (trendmicro.com)
- Self-driving cars' crash-optimization algorithms offer an ethical quandary. (slate.com)
- So perhaps self-driving cars should be programmed to choose crashes where the occupants will probabilistically suffer the least amount of harm. (slate.com)
- But it's worth considering that many individuals, including me, would probably be reluctant to purchase self-driving cars that are programmed to sacrifice their owners in situations like the one we're considering. (slate.com)
- And since self-driving cars will probably crash less, this would result in more traffic fatalities than if self-driving cars were adopted. (slate.com)
- My worries are not only financial, it's also that Apple may be doing harm to its car ambitions by fogging the project in its typical top secret, tighter-than-the- NSA secrecy. (financialpost.com)
- Some Japanese companies have sought outside partners to further their ambitions, for instance SoftBank and Toyota. (medium.com)
- Automotive manufacturers are increasingly considering the integration of information technology and external services in their cars. (pac-online.com)
- As well, the company is looking to partner with other headphone manufacturers to incorporate the SonoFit technology into their products. (financialpost.com)
- To address this issue and give parents peace of mind, auto manufacturers like Ford Motor Company are developing new technologies that encourage safe teen driving like Ford's MyKey® technology. (sun-sentinel.com)
- This trend is most beneficial to companies like Omnivision at sensor level and Panasonic and Valeo, which have become the main manufacturers of automotive cameras. (slideshare.net)
- Cost reduction will be a key driver as the push for semi-autonomous driving will be felt more strongly by car manufacturers. (slideshare.net)
- The car manufacturers are reliant on private companies to drive this forward," Evans said. (forbes.com)
- Kobe Steel Ltd. raises fresh concern about the integrity of Japanese manufacturers after disclosing it falsified data on aluminum used in products ranging from cars to bullet trains. (japantimes.co.jp)
- Castrol's strength lies in its partnerships and in the development of technology, which has been created to fit the specific needs of manufacturers. (castrol.com)
- In an example at the technology show , the two firms demonstrated the headrest working. (wired.co.uk)
- This paper presents a framework that can be used to analyze the competitiveness of advanced technology durable goods manufacturing firms. (usitc.gov)
- The ability of manufacturing firms to compete in advanced technology industries is increasingly driven by a broad range of competencies, some of which were only minor considerations a generation ago. (usitc.gov)
- Modern technology-driven firms, however, also need to supply value-added services, provide effective cybersecurity, use advanced data analytics, and generate innovative products and processes in order to be competitive. (usitc.gov)
- In order to assess the relative competitiveness of these advanced technology firms in relation to each other, it is helpful to have a comprehensive outline of the factors needed to compete in advanced technology industries. (usitc.gov)
- This paper, therefore, provides a framework to analyze competition among advanced technology durable goods manufacturing firms, laying out the major factors that need to be considered in an analysis of firm competitiveness. (usitc.gov)
- The framework in this paper is designed to assess the competitiveness of advanced technology firms, rather than advanced technology industries. (usitc.gov)
- The authors also reviewed factors of competition that firms self-identified, including through a review of company financial reports. (usitc.gov)
- Finally, the authors reviewed competitiveness factors identified for advanced technology industries and firms in U.S. International Trade Commission (Commission) studies. (usitc.gov)
- The purpose of this paper is to develop a framework that applies to advanced technology durable goods manufacturing firms. (usitc.gov)
- And it's not just automotive -- it's also relevant to the companies which will provide the infrastructure for the ecosystem, [they] need to come together with us ," he added. (cnn.com)
- We are confident that with the right help the European ecosystem can systematically create $10bn+ global tech businesses. (nocamels.com)
- These programs generally measure speeding, acceleration and harsh braking, along with mileage and the time of day you drive. (forbes.com)
- How your driving habits affect your car insurance rates will depend on your insurer, but in a typical UBI plan, your driving habits are tracked over a certain period of time. (forbes.com)
- It is time for the government to put in place a clear policy, time-frame and the necessary infrastructure to enable [companies] to be adequately prepared," he added. (cnn.com)
- The economic need for autonomous trucks is huge due to the high cost and shortage of drivers, regulatory limits on driving time, and the fuel efficiency gained from convoys travelling close together in peloton formation. (xconomy.com)
- For example, several busy domestic air routes, such as New York to Washington DC, Houston to Dallas and Los Angeles to San Diego, are more time-consuming by air than by car when including things such as travel to the airport, security checks and waiting times. (cdrinfo.com)
- The scooter-share company Wheels, which rents sit-down scoots, has a new solution for those who don't just happen to carry one around all the time: a "smart helmet" that locks into the back of each scooter. (wired.com)
- Americans spend much of their time sitting in two places: behind the wheel of their cars and in front of their computer screens. (kqed.org)
- And the Council says summer driving tends to be more recreational, and not as purposeful as teens spend more time with friends instead of driving to school or work. (sun-sentinel.com)
- The driver could then flick on autonomous mode and watch the car do all the work, but easily grab a hold of the steering wheel if they want to take advantage of its sub-four-second, 0-60 mph acceleration time. (businessinsider.com)
- The hydrogen economy dream was hitting a harsh reality -- namely that the technology was not quite ready for prime time. (triplepundit.com)
- Time is money, is it cheaper to clone the hard drive to a new one or to troubleshoot the old one? (techrepublic.com)
- Kia is working with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's Media Lab's Affective Computing group to develop a system called READ, short for Real-time Emotion Adaptive Driving. (digitaltrends.com)
- At the same time, Degenhart spoke out against populism with regards to the topic of drive systems: "Populism just fuels emotions. (continental.com)
- The 2014 Chevy Spark EV, to be unveiled at the LA Auto Show, is shaping up to be a very fast electric car, that will be the first to support the SAE DC Fast Charging system, which will give it a 20 minute recharge time. (torquenews.com)
- Ahead of the LA Auto Show, GM is announcing details about the Spark EV , with today's announcement showing the Spark EV to have high performance, and to be the worlds first electric car to support the new SAE DC Fast Charging standard giving it a 20 minute recharge time. (torquenews.com)
- At a meeting in Pittsburgh on Aug. 8, according to a person briefed on the event, Mr. Khosrowshahi did not address what he would do with the self-driving efforts but told employees there that it "is a big-time hardware manufacturing, software problem at scale. (abc15.com)
- Latest in the German marque's F line of prototypes and proofs-of-concept, the F 015 is a luxury lounge on wheels, as Mercedes flirts not only with how cars of tomorrow might pilot themselves, but what those inside will do with the extra time they've suddenly had handed to them. (slashgear.com)
- The car has to be running the whole time, so you may want to do this on your next long highway drive, unless you don't mind babysitting your car in the driveway or curbside for an hour. (technologyreview.com)
- For a long time, Japanese companies have developed their technology in-house to protect their intellectual property. (medium.com)
- I've come to realize that this emotional admixture reflects the countercurrents that the bow waves of these technologies are rocking all of us with: trends toward efficiency, instantaneity, networking, accessibility, and multiple simultaneous media streams, with consequences that include unemployment, cognitive and social inadequacy, isolation, distraction, and cognitive and emotional overload. (washingtonpost.com)
- In this post, enjoy the top 10 tech trends of the past 12 months and why they are important to you. (singularityhub.com)
- Peugeot says a compact model like a Citroën C3 equipped with the technology, which combines hydraulic drive with a conventional gasoline engine, will get about 81 miles per gallon in city driving. (nytimes.com)
- The whole system is significantly lighter than a conventional electric drive, say the researchers. (disclose.tv)
- 3M's first commercial application for this technology is a high-strength overhead electrical conductor that can carry more than twice the power of conventional lines of the same size. (3m.com)
- Castrol provides technically superior synthetic, semi synthetic and conventional engine oils and specialty lubricants for your car, motorcycle, truck and bakkie. (castrol.com)
- Eventually autonomous technology is going to replace our conventional car. (tuvie.com)
- Artificial intelligence has an unprecedented impact on every digital leader's ability to drive measurable results in moving consumers on the journey from brand discovery, to interest, to emotional connection, to action. (adobe.com)
- Kia calls the system a world first, claiming it can analyze a person's emotional state through "bio-signal recognition technology" and artificial intelligence. (digitaltrends.com)
- Volkswagen has invested in taxi-hailing app Gett and partnered with chip-maker Nvidia to develop an artificial intelligence co-pilot for its cars. (singularityhub.com)
- Artificial intelligence technology is a convergence of various technologies, algorithms and approaches. (medium.com)
- It's also the foundational technology powering Ford's experimental autonomous car . (xconomy.com)