Clinical evaluation and treatment options for herniated lumbar disc. (1/565)Degeneration of the intervertebral disc from a combination of factors can result in herniation, particularly at the L4-5 and L5-S1 levels. The presence of pain, radiculopathy and other symptoms depends on the site and degree of herniation. A detailed history and careful physical examination, supplemented if necessary by magnetic resonance imaging, can differentiate a herniated lumbar disc from low back strain and other possible causes of similar symptoms. Most patients recover within four weeks of symptom onset. Many treatment modalities have been suggested for lumbar disc herniation, but studies often provide conflicting results. Initial screening for serious pathology and monitoring for the development of significant complications (such as neurologic defects, cauda equina syndrome or refractory pain) are essential in the management of lumbar disc herniation. (+info)
Incorporating advance care planning into family practice [see comment]. (2/565)Despite widespread support for the concept of advance care planning, few Americans have a living will or a health care proxy. Advance care planning offers the patient the opportunity to have an ongoing dialog with his or her relatives and family physician regarding choices for care at the end of life. Ultimately, advance care planning is designed to clarify the patient's questions, fears and values, and thus improve the patient's well-being by reducing the frequency and magnitude of overtreatment and undertreatment as defined by the patient. An advance directive consists of oral and written instructions about a person's future medical care in the event he or she becomes unable to communicate. There are two types of advance directives: a living will and a health care power of attorney. Family physicians are in an ideal position to discuss advance care plans with their patients. By introducing the subject during a routine office visit, physicians can facilitate a structured discussion of the patient's wishes for end-of-life care. At the next visit, further discussion can include the patient and his or her proxy. A document that clearly delineates the patient's wishes is then developed. The patient should be assured that the directive can be changed at any time according to the patient's wishes. The advance care plan should be reviewed periodically to make sure the specifications continue to be in line with the patient's wishes. (+info)
Evaluation and treatment of childhood obesity. (3/565)The prevalence of childhood obesity in the United States has risen dramatically in the past several decades. Although 25 to 30 percent of children are affected, this condition is underdiagnosed and undertreated. Hormonal and genetic factors are rarely the cause of childhood obesity; unnecessary diagnostic evaluations can be avoided with a careful history and physical examination. Because obese children may suffer life-long physical and emotional consequences, it is imperative to discuss prevention with parents during well-child examinations. All obese children should be screened for cardiac risk factors, as well as for possible orthopedic, dermatologic and psychiatric sequelae. Treatment should be initiated when the trend in increasing weight obviously surpasses the trend in increasing height. Treatment plans should include reasonable weight-loss goals, dietary and physical activity management, behavior modification and family involvement, which may include weight loss in the parents. Anorexiant medications are not approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for use in pediatric populations. (+info)
Esophageal atresia and tracheoesophageal fistula. (4/565)Esophageal atresia, with or without tracheoesophageal fistula, is a fairly common congenital disorder that family physicians should consider in the differential diagnosis of a neonate who develops feeding difficulties and respiratory distress in the first few days of life. Esophageal atresia is often associated with other congenital anomalies, most commonly cardiac abnormalities such as ventricular septal defect, patent ductus arteriosus or tetralogy of Fallot. Prompt recognition, appropriate clinical management to prevent aspiration, and swift referral to an appropriate tertiary care center have resulted in a significant improvement in the rates of morbidity and mortality in these infants over the past 50 years. (+info)
Topical psoriasis therapy. (5/565)Psoriasis is a common dermatosis, affecting from 1 to 3 percent of the population. Until recently, the mainstays of topical therapy have been corticosteroids, tars, anthralins and keratolytics. Recently, however, vitamin D analogs, a new anthralin preparation and topical retinoids have expanded physicians' therapeutic armamentarium. These new topical therapies offer increased hope and convenience to the large patient population with psoriasis. (+info)
Gastroesophageal reflux disease: diagnosis and management. (6/565)Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is a chronic, relapsing condition with associated morbidity and an adverse impact on quality of life. The disease is common, with an estimated lifetime prevalence of 25 to 35 percent in the U.S. population. GERD can usually be diagnosed based on the clinical presentation alone. In some patients, however, the diagnosis may require endoscopy and, rarely, ambulatory pH monitoring. Management includes lifestyle modifications and pharmacologic therapy; refractory disease requires surgery. The therapeutic goals are to control symptoms, heal esophagitis and maintain remission so that morbidity is decreased and quality of life is improved. (+info)
Congenital adrenal hyperplasia: not really a zebra. (7/565)Congenital adrenal hyperplasia was once considered a rare inherited disorder with severe manifestations. Mild congenital adrenal hyperplasia, however, is common, affecting one in 100 to 1,000 persons in the United States and frequently eluding diagnosis. Both classic and nonclassic forms of the disease are caused by deficiencies in the adrenal enzymes that are used to synthesize glucocorticoids. The net result is increased production from the adrenal gland of cortisol precursors and androgens. Even mild congenital adrenal hyperplasia can result in life-threatening sinus or pulmonary infections, orthostatic syncope, shortened stature and severe acne. Women with mild congenital adrenal hyperplasia often present with hirsutism, oligomenorrhea or infertility. Congenital adrenal hyperplasia is diagnosed by demonstration of excess cortisol precursors in the serum during an adrenal corticotropic hormone challenge. Diagnosis of congenital adrenal hyerplasia in fetuses that are at risk for congenital adrenal hyperplasia can be determined using human leukocyte antigen haplotype or by demonstration of excess cortisol precursors in amniotic fluid. Treatment includes carefully monitored hormone replacement therapy. Recognition of the problem and timely replacement therapy can reduce morbidity and enhance quality of life in patients that are affected by congenital adrenal hyperplasia. (+info)
Primary nocturnal enuresis: current. (8/565)Primary nocturnal enuresis sometimes presents significant psychosocial problems for children and their parents. Causative factors may include maturational delay, genetic influence, difficulties in waking and decreased nighttime secretion of antidiuretic hormone. Anatomic abnormalities are usually not found, and psychologic causes are unlikely. Evaluation of enuresis usually requires no more than a complete history, a focused physical examination, and urine specific gravity and dipstick tests. Nonpharmacologic treatments include motivational therapy, behavioral conditioning and bladder-training exercises. Pharmacologic therapy includes imipramine, anticholinergic medication and desmopressin. These drugs have been used with varying degrees of success. (+info)
Teaching materials". Oriental Institute in collaboration with Chicago Web Docent and eCUIP, The Digital Library. Retrieved 5 ... The most widespread material in Sumer was clay, as a result many Sumerian objects are made of clay. Metals such as gold, silver ... The Sumerian language continued as a sacerdotal language taught in schools in Babylonia and Assyria, much as Latin was used in ... Brick was the ordinary building material, and with it cities, forts, temples and houses were constructed. The city was provided ...
"Islam in Spain after the Reconquista". Teaching Materials. The Hagop Kevorkian Center for Near Eastern Studies at New York ...
The main departments in the journal were: Articles; Reports; Materials; History teaching; Criticism and bibliography; Chronicle ... In the period from 1929 to 1935, about 65-70% of all materials were published by employees of the Institute of History of the ... The "History Teaching" department published reports by members of the methodological section of the Society of Marxist ... The magazine constantly published reviews of the "Materials on the History of the Peoples of the Soviet Union" published by the ...
"Islam in Spain after the Reconquista". Teaching Materials. The Hagop Kevorkian Center for Near Eastern Studies at New York ... Amanat said that Kamala sees much of herself in Lunella and, by teaching her, learns much about herself. In November 2016, ...
"Teaching materials". Snohomish Historical Society. Archived from the original on 2007-09-29. Retrieved 2007-08-15. DeLong, Dan ...
"Islam in Spain after the Reconquista". Teaching Materials. The Hagop Kevorkian Center for Near Eastern Studies at New York ... Shı'a Imam Ja'far al-S.adiq is reputed to have said, "Our teaching is the truth, the truth of the truth; it is the exoteric and ... not disclosing their association with the Imams when this could put them in danger and protecting the esoteric teachings of the ... the persistence and prosperity of the community today owes largely to the careful safeguarding of the beliefs and teachings of ...
Reflections on a Gift of Watermelon Pickle... and other Modern Verse
"Teaching Materials". English Journal. 58 (8): 1268. JSTOR 811561. Somers, Albert B. (1999). Teaching Poetry in High School. ... "become one of the more popular high school literature materials". Another commentator in 1999 called it "[t]he most widely used ...
"Islam in Spain after the Reconquista". Teaching Materials. The Hagop Kevorkian Center for Near Eastern Studies at New York ... contestants are often immersed in displays of great material wealth or may have to conceal their class status. The perception ...
"Teaching". www.epfl.ch. Retrieved 2021-04-09. Bornoz, Pauline; Prévot, Mathieu S.; Yu, Xiaoyun; Guijarro, Néstor; Sivula, Kevin ... "Self-assembled 2D materials for cheaper solar energy storage". Nanowerk. Retrieved 2021-04-09. "L'EPFL développe une solution " ... The development of economical and robust semiconducting materials that can be processed by rapid roll-to-roll techniques into ... He directs the Laboratory for Molecular Engineering of Optoelectronic Nanomaterials and teaches courses in transport phenomena ...
Entertainment in education
An important teaching technique of education is to use variety, by utilizing various mediums such as video, in-class skits, ... Entertainment, Educational materials). ... They may be used to teach academic lessons or help students ... "Professor Teaching Model". Professormbird.com. 2007-08-11. Archived from the original on 2011-07-15. Retrieved 2011-05-30. ( ...
Yale romanization of Cantonese
"CUHK Teaching Materials". Retrieved 2016-10-27. Ng Lam & Chik 2000: 515. "Appendix 3: Tones. The student of Cantonese will be ... Students attending The Chinese University of Hong Kong's New-Asia Yale-in-China Chinese Language Center are taught using Yale ...
National Technological University - Córdoba Regional Faculty
Physics of Materials. Projects Management This NTU College is one of the 24 regional faculties of the Universidad Tecnológica ... Master of University Teaching. Master of Automatic Control Engineering. Master of Information Systems Engineering. ... Mention in Materials. Master's degree: Master of Quality Engineering. Master of Business Administration. Master of ... Specialization in University Teaching. Specialization in Automatic Control Engineering. Specialization in Information Systems ...
List of refractive indices
"Absolute Refractive Index". Materials Teaching Educational Resources. MATTER Project. Archived from the original on 12 October ... Many materials have a well-characterized refractive index, but these indexes often depend strongly upon the frequency of light ... There are also weaker dependencies on temperature, pressure/stress, etc., as well on precise material compositions (presence of ... Sellmeier equation Corrective lens#Ophthalmic material property tables Optical properties of water and ice Zajac, Alfred; Hecht ...
Standing Advisory Council on Religious Education
... design supplementary teaching materials; contribute to teacher training and teachers' in-service training, and; foster ... monitor quality of RE teaching and SMSCD provision and assisting where necessary or informing head teachers or governing bodies ...
... teaching and educational materials; and a platform for communication. The section 'News Around Europe' provides a round-up of ...
SPIE: Materials and Optics for Solar Energy Conversion and Advanced Lightning Technology. Materials and Optics for Solar Energy ... "Technology Day 1996 - "Miracle or Mirage: Technology at the Horizon" , Teaching Excellence at MIT". Teaching Excellence at MIT ... His 2009 US patent #8381985 (assigned to Intel Corporation) teaches the use of two cameras and electronic image processing to ... "Designing Bits & Pieces: Creativity; Design & Materials; and Sensors, Actuators & Displays - MIT Media Lab". MIT Media Lab. ...
Basics and teaching materials. M. Grossfeld-Schmitz, C. Donath, R. Holle, J. Lauterberg, S. Ruckdaeschel, H. Mehlig, P. Marx, S ...
Teaching and Research Materials. Edited by Frida - Association for the Promotion and Networking of Women's Information and ... KolloquiA was published in 2001 and presents an inventory of available materials, research facilities and teaching references ... 607 p. Materials for the Advancement of Women in Science; 11) - ISBN 3-85224-059-X] (PDF). Bibliothek Forschung und Praxis (in ... A limitation on the material is that it is mostly available in the German language. The collections of Ariadne contain works by ...
Lithium aluminium hydride
The pure powdered material is pyrophoric, but not its large crystals. Some commercial materials contain mineral oil to inhibit ... "Reduction Reactions" (PDF). Teaching Resources - 4th Year. University of Birmingham. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 23 ... This material can be purified by recrystallization from diethyl ether. Large-scale purifications employ a Soxhlet extractor. ... Cycling only reaction R2 - that is, using Li3AlH6 as starting material - would store 5.6 wt% hydrogen in a single step (vs. two ...
Hocąk Teaching Materials (2010). Volume 1: Elements of Grammar/Learner's Dictionary. Helmbrecht, J., Lehmann, C., SUNY Press, ... Helmbrecht, Christian; Lehmann, Christian (2010). Hocak Teaching Materials, Volume 1. SUNY Press. ISBN 978-1-4384-3339-4. Miner ... This is true for homįk, which can refer to a verb 'to lie in' or a noun 'bed.' More recent learning materials refer to the ha- ... In Nebraska, the Ho-Chunk Renaissance program teaches the language in local and reservation schools. Both tribal governments ...
"Chapter 5: Parabolic Trough Technology" (PDF). Advanced CSP Teaching Materials. 5 (12): 10. Archived (PDF) from the original on ...
"Materials for teaching Spanish". Diplomas.cervantes.es. Retrieved 2 May 2015.  Archived December 4, 2013, at the Wayback ... Teachers preparing students for the examination can also find teachers' guides and other teaching materials and resources on ... For example: universities, teaching centres of Spanish, academies, embassies and consulates could also serve as examination ... In order to prepare for the examination, sample examination papers and audio material can be obtained at the official website ...
Dogme language teaching
Maley, A (2003). "Creative Approaches to Writing Materials". In Tomlinson, B (ed.). Developing Materials for Language Teaching ... Dogme teaching has therefore been criticized as not offering teachers the opportunity to use a complete range of materials and ... As such, Dogme is seen to reflect Tharp's view that "to most truly teach, one must converse; to truly converse is to teach". ... The Dogme approach considers that student-produced material is preferable to published materials and textbooks, to the extent ...
... and teaching and training materials. Each database entry contains standard bibliographic information and an abstract. Many ... 2006 - materials produced for two adult literacy and learning programs funded by the Australian Department of Education, ... VOCEDplus contains extensive Australian materials and includes a wide range of international information, covering outcomes of ... materials produced by Reframing the Future (RTF) a vocational education and training workforce development initiative of the ...
Abingdon Boys School discography
"Teaching Materials: Abingdon Boys School". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved September 1, 2010. Mika, Yuu (November 22, 2009). "Interview ...
Clodoaldo Soto Ruiz
Material to Complement the Teaching of Quechua as a Second Language, April 18, 1995. Center for Latin American and Caribbean ... 1995: Cuzco Quechua Teaching Materials. Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies, University of Illinois. 1993: Quechua ... He taught Quechua for more than 25 years at the University of Illinois. He published dictionaries, a grammar book on Ayacucho ...
Sociology of Jewry
"The Sociology of Jewry: Syllabi and Instructional Materials." ASA Resource Materials For Teaching. American Sociological ... Wolff's aim was to provide an aid to including material on Jews in courses on race relations, social disorganization, ...
All teaching materials are digital. From its opening in 2005 until 2007, Ørestad Gymnasium resided in premises belonging to the ... Avoiding level changes makes the organisational flexibility as high as possible, and enables the different teaching and ...
Koreans in Japan
"ExEAS - Teaching Materials and Resources". www.columbia.edu. Retrieved 2017-11-20. Rummel, R. J. (1999). Statistics of Democide ... They teach a strong pro-North Korean ideology and allegiance to Kim Il-sung, Kim Jong-il and Kim Jong-un. The textbooks include ...
Library of Congress Classification:Class N -- Fine Arts
Aesthetics of the visual arts 81-390......................................Study and teaching. Research 400-3990 ... Technique and materials 1630-1662..............................Examination and conservation of paintings 1700-2495 ... Other materials used in relief printing 1400-1879..............................Metal engraving 1400-1422 ... Graphic art materials 930........................................Conservation and restoration of drawings 950-(996 ...
Francis W. Kirkham
In 1937, Kirkham published a compilation of these works as Source Material on the Book of Mormon. This material also was the ... Kirkham then taught at Brigham Young University (BYU), which had formerly been BYA, for two years. He next entered law school ...
Guimaras State University
Technology Master of Arts in Teaching (Philippine History and Government) Master of Arts in Teaching (ASEAN History and ... Material Science, Technology, and Management Bachelor of Science in Fish Medicine Bachelor of Science in Green Technology ... Most of the University's teaching activities take place at the Salvador Campus, which occupy a 5-hectare site with billowing ... teaching, and public engagement on the island, in the West Visayas, and beyond. The Guimaras State University has two annexes: ...
Lift Every Voice and Sing
Sing a song full of the faith that the dark past has taught us, Sing a song full of the hope that the present has brought us; ... that would not have a material impact on the league's pursuits of social justice. Lift every voice and sing, 'Til earth and ... they became teachers and taught it to other children. Within twenty years it was being sung over the South and in some other ...
Chamber Symphony (Schreker)
The musical material is partly derived from an abandoned opera project entitled Die tönenden Sphären for which Schreker wrote ... The work was composed in 1916 for the centenary of the Vienna Music Academy where Schreker had been teaching since 1912. ...
Developed prior to the existence of written sources, study of this period is based on the material remains and vestiges of the ... There were also other artists who were not from the University of Chile's School of Art - like the self-taught Pablo Domínguez ... The Jesuits were among the first to teach the native peoples European artistic techniques and worked to preserve the symbolism ... Instead, his most successful students, such as Pedro Lira and Antonio Smith, did not care for his teachings and migrated ...
Robert A. Leonard
He previously taught at Columbia. The New Yorker wrote that Leonard "has emerged as one of the foremost language detectives in ... This includes analyzing legal material work such as notes, audio and video tape recordings, contracts, and confessions. Prior ...
... "abandoned his school in Kentucky to study theology and teach elementary courses at the seminary".: 56 Later he taught at ... Archival materials of Lane are located at the Presbyterian Historical Society in Philadelphia. Side A: The Lanes, Baptist ... They expect to teach a year, and them take up their course in the seminary again, when others will no doubt be ready to take ... For a number of days he rejected from ten to twenty daily, because he could not teach them. This induced the other dear brother ...
He served in St George's Anglican Church Borupai Kano until he was sent to teach in St. Francis of Assisi Theological College, ... He is the BOT Chairman of LIST the registered body working on translation of Bible, Jesus Film and literary materials in ... Nigeria Bible Translation Trust and Seed company to produce literary materials and translate the Bible and Jesus film into 10 ...
His railwayman father arranged Bartel to be an apprentice to fitter who taught in craft school. This allowed Bartel to continue ... However, war delayed the printing and ultimately caused the destruction of all materials. In the 1950s, The second book was ...
Thomas Jefferson Park
... and low-cost construction materials. To fit the requirement for cheap materials, each building would be built using elements of ... The farm gardens, taking up 2 acres (0.81 ha), were used to teach children horticultural skills. A grove of trees, dedicated to ... The recreation center was also praised for using "simple materials simply disposed". The New York City Board of Aldermen first ...
Frege had friendly relations with Jews in real life: among his students was Gershom Scholem, who greatly valued his teaching, ... Works by or about Gottlob Frege at Internet Archive Frege at Genealogy Project A comprehensive guide to Fregean material ... Help book for teaching German to children from 9 to 13 years old), the first section of which dealt with the structure and ...
Jama Omar Issa
In the early 1960s, Aw Jama moved to Mogadishu to teach and continue to collect the poems of Mohammed Abdullah Hassan, known in ... This collection of poetry served as material for interpretation and analysis in his next book, Taariikhdii Daraawiishta iyo ...
Terrestrial analogue sites
This site was chosen to test the materials in a desolate environment with rugged terrain, dust storms, extreme temperatures... ... Expeditions to surface sites also help teach geology to astronauts, who mostly trained as pilots. Space analogues may have ...
He taught himself to code at age 19. In 2010, at the age of 20, he began studying law at the London School of Economics, ... He subsequently provided testimony and materials to a range of inquiries and legislatures around the world, and his revelations ...
Eunice Blanchard Poethig
She worked for the Ellinwood Malate Church and taught at the Ellinwood Bible School (1957-61) and Philippine Women's University ... Eunice contributed as a Christian educator developing material more culturally relevant for a Philippine context. ...
This article contains material from the equivalent article on Italian Wikipedia v t e (Articles with short description, Short ... He held the office until 1887, restoring the society's scientific objectives, promoting the teaching of geography in schools ...
In 2009, Behring made a $1.9 million donation to National History Day, intended to "improve the teaching and learning of ... In his memoir, Behring describes himself as an "average man who achieved extraordinary material success doing a few simple ...
Girls were typically raised by their mothers, taught to spin, weave and help with daily tasks, whereas boys were taught by ... In many cases, the materials sold by Assyrian colonists came from far-away places; the textiles sold by Assyrians in Anatolia ... I set above them as supervisors and guides to teach them how to work properly and respect the gods and the king. Although the ... often written on perishable materials like leather scrolls or papyrus. The ancient Assyrian language did not disappear ...
While studying in Frankfurt, Kluge befriended the philosopher Theodor W. Adorno, who was teaching at the Institute for Social ... Includes, in addition to a large amount of new material: Schlachtbeschreibung; Unheimlichkeit der Zeit; Lernprozesse mit ...
Steven now teaches World Civilizations at Grand Valley State University. His grandson, Chris, taught at Scarsdale High School. ... audio/visual materials related to CORE's work in black power and black economic development (Use mdy dates from August 2015, ... His son, Steven, previously taught history at Horace Greeley High School in Chappaqua, New York. ...
He taught at the Riverside Art Center and the Idyllwild Arts Foundation (the latter then a part of USC). In 1957 a nine-foot ... was mysteriously covered with a curtain or drapery material. In 2000 the same work, which weighs 480 pounds and was completed ... He was taught by Francis de Erdely. He has won more than 35 awards and been exhibited in more than 80 museums and galleries. ...
ISBN 978-1-4798-8890-0. Gee, J.P. (2017). Teaching, learning, literacy in our high-risk high-tech world: A framework for ... The authors refer to the material dimension as the most cited concern regarding introducing technology as part of the ... 2018) highlight the concept of digital apartheid as a multidimensional process with three dimensions - a material dimension ( ...
Thomas Allen Harris
Harris has taught, written and lectured widely on media. He has curated for Gay and Lesbian film festivals including Mix and ... archival material, and a cast of first time South African actors engaging with the archive; É Minha Cara/That's My Face (2001 ... where he is teaching courses titled "Family Narratives/Cultural Shifts" as well as "Archive Aesthetics and Community ... 2000 Outstanding Teaching Award, UCSD African and African-American Studies Project, 1999 New Visions: Video 1999 Award and ...
Photos taken by participants are then used as reference material to guide a formal interview. One advantage of photovoice is ... In the 21st century, some university professors have used the photovoice model to teach social work students. In addition, it ... "Engaging Youth through Photovoice" (PDF). Oden, Melissa (September 2013). "Using Photo Voice to Teach Social Issues With ...
He worked for his father for a time, and at 12 he became an apprentice to his brother James, a printer, who taught him the ... When his brother was jailed for three weeks in 1722 for publishing material unflattering to the governor, young Franklin took ... They decided the new-model college would focus on the professions, with classes taught in English instead of Latin, have ... In July 1784, Franklin met with Mirabeau and contributed anonymous materials that the Frenchman used in his first signed work: ...
El Monte Thai Garment Slavery Case
Retrieved 5 May 2015 Chen, Edith and Glenn Omatsu (2006). "Teaching about Asian Pacific Americans." P. 208 The Rowman & ... in the criminal prosecution of their captors as the workers were now designated by the United States federal court as material ...
National Spiritualist Association of Churches
Children's materials have been developed and many churches have an active lyceum (Sunday school) program. Such efforts have ... We consider Jesus the Christ to be our Wayshower and Elder Brother, and embrace the teachings of other Masters, such as the ... To these reasons, early leaders added the material support of spirit mediums and healers, just as other religious groups ... by means of mediumship and who endeavors to mould his or her character and conduct in accordance with the highest teachings ...
PLATO (computer system)
... had published training materials that taught instrumental music teachers to visually identify typical problems demonstrated by ... Courses were taught in a range of subjects, including Latin, chemistry, education, music, Esperanto, and primary mathematics. ... The goal of this system was to provide tools for music educators to use in the development of instructional materials, which ... In 1969, G. David Peters began researching the feasibility of using PLATO to teach trumpet students to play with increased ...
Geissner began his career at the Johann W. Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main, before teaching at the Saarland University ... Companion material for the television series in Southwest German Television") Stuttgart 1975, Deutsche Verlags-Anstalt, ISBN 3- ... After his retirement he continued to teach at various institutions, including the University of Zürich and the University of ... " ("Materials for Rhetorical Studies"), Munich 1978, Bayerischer Schulbuch-Verlag, 4th edition, ISBN 3-7627-2110-6 Rhetorik und ...
Chen is self-taught in carving wood, but started showing interest in our paper culture as a viable material for art - ... The type of materials he acquires in a sense determines the sculpture he creates. While in New York, he scoured the streets of ... For Chen, using recycled materials to make art stresses the challenges presented by endless human consumption and waste, as ... And now, living in Taipei, Chen obtains his material from university libraries and bookstores, publishing companies, ...
... Last updated 2011/12 © J.H.H. Weiler and S. Cho. Professors and lecturers involved in the teaching of NAFTA ... Please feel free to send us your comments on the teaching materials. ... law are most welcome to use these materials for their course(s) and if necessary, adapt them to their needs. ...
... Dear Teacher:. Welcome to the Teachers Corner to help educators find helpful PowerPoint presentations, ... Although the insurance curriculum is targeted for eighth grade, the material is appropriate for junior high and high school age ... It contains enough material to be covered during two 50-minute class periods. ... this series is made available to those who teach fire safety. ...
The Material Exams Cannot Teach | ACP Online
The Material Exams Cannot Teach. I was accepted to medical school almost exactly one year ago. While I often cant remember ... The numbers will not provide comfort to the suffering or teach you how to tell families their loved one is gone. It is, of ... I urge future students to realize sooner than I did that there is much more to learning medicine than the material in textbooks ...
JMP Teaching Materials from SAS Education | JMP
Faculty who use JMP in a course may be eligible for valuable teaching resources from SAS. Let us help make your job simpler. ... Access Teaching Materials. Use of these materials is strictly limited to course use at degree granting academic institutions. ... The teaching materials are an electronic copy of the content used in SAS Educations corporate JMP courses, including chapter- ... Join the SAS Educator Portal to access JMP teaching materials from SAS (scroll down to see a listing of available JMP courses ...
Teaching Robots the Craft of Manipulating Materials - Tech Briefs
Teaching Robots the Craft of Manipulating Materials. A new system lets robots manipulate soft, deformable material into various ... With undefined, smooth material, the whole structure needs to be accounted for before you can do any type of efficient and ... In the long run, we are thinking about using various tools to manipulate materials," said Li. "If you think about dumpling or ... The inner workings of the system relies on three parts to shape soft material into, say, an "R." ...
Teaching materials - Danish Standard
For this purpose, we have compiled a range of materials that can be used in education. ... Teaching materials. At Danish Standards we are contacted by an increasing number of businesses and students who demand basic ... Below you will find an overview of the range of materials we make available and which you are welcome to use. ... Hence, we offer you to use the various materials developed by Danish Standards, so that you can incorporate knowledge about ...
Browsing by Subject "Teaching Materials"
Group items tagged favorite - K-12 Government/Election Teaching Materials | Diigo Groups
The American Classical League > Products > REDI Teaching and Learning Materials > Books >...
Teaching Fellows Program in MSE | Materials Science & Engineering Program | University of Colorado Boulder
Participants will develop critical teaching skills that will help prepare them for an academic or teaching career. ... two-year program with the goal of enhancing the teaching skills for PhD students and post-doctoral associates in the Materials ... The Teaching Fellows Program is a two-year program to enhance teaching skills for PhD students and post-doctoral associates in ... As a participant, you will develop critical teaching knowledge and abilities to help prepare you for an academic or teaching ...
Information and Teaching Materials for an Environmentally Conscious Use of Pharmaceuticals
To this end, freely available teaching materials are developed for university teaching, for professional trainings and for ... Information and Teaching Materials for an Environmentally Conscious Use of Pharmaceuticals. Project. Duration. Oct 2021. - Sep ... This project created information and teaching materials for veterinarians and farmers, in order to make them aware of how... ... Another focus of the project is the creation of teaching materials for pharmaceutical and medical education (vocational schools ...
Course Materials Due NOW - Summer/Fall 2022 - Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching
As your teaching assignments come in for Summer and Fall 2022, dont forget to submit your course materials. You can review the ... All course materials should be submitted to your designated department academic coordinator. You can also contact Emma Hartman ... Course Materials Due NOW - Summer/Fall 2022. Posted on April 12, 2022. ... The federal deadline for submission is March 1 or upon receiving your teaching assignment. ...
Materials for Teachers and Students: Teaching Guides and Educational Games on History of the Physical Sciences | American...
Materials for Teachers and Students: Teaching Guides and Educational Games on History of the Physical Sciences ... Teaching Guides. Over 50 teaching guides on the history of physics, astronomy, and other physical sciences, highlighting ... Legacy Materials. Provide Feedback. All content is subject to usage conditions due to copyright and/or other restrictions and ... A teaching guide typically includes a lesson plan, discussion questions, and an answer key, as well as other readings and ...
Materials Similar to Physics Learning Assistants' Views on Expert Teaching: Toward an Understanding of PCK
home » Detail Page » Similar Materials Materials Similar to Physics Learning Assistants Views on Expert Teaching: Toward an ... 43%: Rethinking Tools for Training Teaching Assistants. *43%: Strong preference among graduate student teaching assistants for ... 40%: Graduate and Undergraduate Students Views on Learning and Teaching Physics. *40%: The Effect of an Inquiry-Based Early ... 40%: Role-plays for preparing physics teaching assistants and learning assistants. *39%: Analysis of Former Learning Assistants ...
Montessori Teaching Materials , Kindergarten Manual Weave Cloth , Baby Early Learning Education Toys ,Teaching Aids | Sadoun.com
34259 Montessori Teaching Materials , Kindergarten Manual Weave Cloth , Baby Early Learning Education Toys ,Teaching Aids ... Montessori Teaching Materials , Kindergarten Manual Weave Cloth , Baby Early Learning Education Toys ,Teaching Aids. $8.00. ... 1 New Teaching Kindergarten Manual DIY Weave Cloth Montessori Materials Baby Early Learning Education Toys Teaching Aids Math ... New Teaching Kindergarten Manual DIY Weave Cloth Montessori Materials Baby Early Learning Education Toys Teaching Aids Math ...
Research Assistant (Meta-Material and Meta-Surfaces), Education / Teaching / Trainers at Al Ain, Jobs on GoDubai.com
Education / Teaching / Trainers (72). Engineering (333). Entertainment (0). FMCG (46). General Trading (20). Government (58). ... Research Assistant (Meta-Material and Meta-Surfaces). The Role Job Description The Electrical Engineering Department at the ... More jobs with Role : R&D , More Jobs from Education / Teaching / Trainers. ... United Arab Emirates University is seeking a research assistant in the area of High Frequency Meta-Material and Meta-Surfaces. ...
How to create accessible material for online use. - link - Teaching + Learning
How Online Teaching is Different: A Conversation Teaching in the online environment is different than teaching in a face-to- ... When teaching Humber students about the potential of Virtual Reality, instructors dont have the time or resources to teach ... instructed by a professor that preparatory materials will be posted in advance of a class and that use of those materials is ... are largely coming to class without having used the materials. Lack of use of preparation material leaves students unprepared ...
dots Teaching Materials - Mindfulness in Schools Project
Teaching and Learning Resources - Selecting Appropriate Materials: Policy | education.vic.gov.au
Material about which there is a consensus that it is unacceptable.. Teaching and learning resources. The teaching and learning ... Controversial material. Material about which opinions can differ.. Inappropriate organisations. Inappropriate organisations are ... the Curriculum Programs Foundation to Level 10 policy for further information on what must be taught in Victorian government ... Schools may utilise resources that contain the Nazi symbol when teaching Holocaust Education, or for other genuine educational ...
STEM-integrated physics digital teaching material to develop conceptual understanding and new literacy of students - Eurasia...
The solution to solve the problem is to develop STEM-integrated physics digital teaching material (PDTM). The research ... Niam, M. A., Asikin, M., Ainun, M., & Asikin, M. (2021). The importance of STEM aspects in teaching materials for mathematics ... 2020). Need analysis to develop science learning material based on thematic teaching by integrating the new literacy. Journal ... Asrizal A, N A, Festiyed F, Ashel H, Amnah R. STEM-integrated physics digital teaching material to develop conceptual ...
Trauma Informed Teaching / Workshop Materials and Links
District Mission Statement: The Lake Shore Central School District in partnership with our students, families and school community, will cultivate engaging, diverse, and challenging educational opportunities and learning environments to promote lifelong learning and achievement in preparation for high school graduation, college and careers. ...
Creating CLIL materials for teaching civics and citizenship in English
Gray teaches with enthusiasm. *Dr. Gray is excellent at communicating the material. She is very knowledgeable about these ... TEACHING PHILOSOPHY. I currently teach courses in Communication and Social Technologies here at ASU-New College. I am currently ... IMPROVING TEACHING EFFECTIVENESS. I have also taken advantage of professional development to improve my teaching effectiveness ... In Fall 2016, I taught Gender & Media and taught "Marginalized Masculinities" in Spring 2017. At my previous institution (EKU ...
Teaching materials - Mailo
Integrity Ethics Module 5 Additional Teaching Tools
Additional teaching tools. This section includes links to relevant teaching aides such as PowerPoint slides and video material ... Video materials. *Short video with Neil MacGregor, head of the British Museum, describing the Cyrus Cylinder. ... Interview: How to use E4Js tool in teaching on TIP and SOM ... that could help the lecturer teach the issues covered by the ...
ADDITIONAL MATERIALS - KRIGOLSON TEACHING
Additional Material. Please note that all of the material here is "additional" - it is not required course content - it is here ... ADVANCED MATERIAL. 1. LTP and Neural Plasticity. Video: LTP. Website: LTP. Video: LTP. Article: Hebbian Learning and Decision ... Administrative Material. EPHE 245 Exam One Two Grading Rubric. EPHE 245 Final Exam Grading Rubric. Sample Long Answer (NOTE: ... INTRODUCTORY MATERIAL. 1. Repetition and Expertise. Paper: Ericcson, Krampe, and Tesch-Roemer, 1993. Paper: Deliberate Practice ...
Subjects: Teaching Materials - Digital Collections - National Library of Medicine Search Results
Start Over You searched for: Subjects Teaching Materials ✖Remove constraint Subjects: Teaching Materials ... Teaching Materials 9. Family planning communication: low cost media Publication: [Paris, France] : UNESCO,  Subject(s): ... Teaching Materials 3. [Two dolls dressed as midwives] Publication: Bethesda, MD : U.S. National Library of Medicine, National ... Teaching Materials. Kenya. India 10. The motion picture in medical education Publication: United States : The Association, [ ...
Bookmark Collection Search Results
Potential courses/materials for review to use in my teaching Potential courses/materials for review to use in my teaching ... Add a Material to MERLOT. Create Materials with Content Builder. Create a Course ePortfolio. ... Add a Material to MERLOT Create Materials with Content Builder Create a Course ePortfolio ... Materials. Members. Learning Exercises. Bookmark Collections. Course ePortfolios. Peer Reviews. Virtual Speakers Bureau. View ...
PracticeFellowsSearchGraduateAssignmentsCaregiversCurriculumDisciplinesSemesterPost-submission materialsEducationResearchLesson plansStudentsTeachersInstructorsPhysicsGuidelinesGuidanceResourcesScienceKnowledgeMethodsCoursesDigitalUniversitySendProjectLearnSchoolsProgramsPageToolsProgramDepartmentGrantDevelopCreateMediaTypeGuideMake
- The teaching materials are an electronic copy of the content used in SAS Education's corporate JMP courses, including chapter-by-chapter instructor's notes, PowerPoint slides, data sets, and practice exercises. (jmp.com)
- The goal is to teach pupils theory and practice about the Internet in general and e-mail in particular. (mailo.com)
- The Teaching Fellows Program is a two-year program to enhance teaching skills for PhD students and post-doctoral associates in the Materials Science & Engineering Program. (colorado.edu)
- Teaching Fellows will spend on average 10 hours per week or a maximum of 150 hours during the semester. (colorado.edu)
- Search our library of hundreds of materials about eye diseases and conditions. (nih.gov)
- I am currently teaching "New Media" and will teach a graduate seminar entitled "Games as Social Technology" in Spring 2018. (kishonnagray.com)
- Instead, they teach children and their caregivers creative ways to recycle by making art. (nih.gov)
- Although the insurance curriculum is targeted for eighth grade, the material is appropriate for junior high and high school age students as well. (texas.gov)
- All North American dental schools include teaching and placement of PFM restorations in their curriculum , but only one-third teach ceramic -based crowns . (bvsalud.org)
- Given the convergence of disciplines reflected in my teaching and scholarship, I am enabled to combine identity, justice, and digital media in ways that enhance the curricula of each department, open new areas of interest to the students enrolled in my courses, and enrich my research. (kishonnagray.com)
- Show and tell : a worldwide directory of nutrition teaching-learning resources = Disciplines d' éveil, répertoire mondial de matériaux d' enseignement de d' apprentissage de la nutrition = Mostrar y contar, repertorio mundial de materiales de enseñanza sobre la nutrición. (who.int)
- For the full list of allowable post-submission materials, see Post-Submission Application Materials on NIH's Submission Policies page. (nih.gov)
- All post-submission materials must conform to NIH policies on font size, margins, and paper size. (nih.gov)
- Your Authorized Organizational Representative (AOR) must concur with sending post-submission materials and send either his or her concurrence to you or the materials directly to your Scientific Review Officer (SRO). (nih.gov)
- You or your AOR must submit post-submission materials as a PDF attachment to your SRO at least 30 calendar days before the peer review meeting, unless otherwise stated in the NOFO. (nih.gov)
- For this purpose, we have compiled a range of materials that can be used in education. (ds.dk)
- Another focus of the project is the creation of teaching materials for pharmaceutical and medical education (vocational schools, universities, training). (ecologic.eu)
- In a second step, it provides concrete recommendations for the integration of the topic into teaching (studies and vocational training), continuing education and training. (ecologic.eu)
- The workshop was titled 'Embedding the topic 'Pharmaceuticals in the Environment' in pharmaceutical and medical university teaching as well as in continuing education and professional training', and discussed with stakeholders different approaches to foster the uptake of this topic in teaching curricula. (ecologic.eu)
- Schools may utilise resources that contain the Nazi symbol when teaching Holocaust Education , or for other genuine educational purposes. (vic.gov.au)
- Looking for more outreach and education materials? (nih.gov)
- After extensive research and testing, with the help of teachers from across the state, this series is made available to those who teach fire safety. (texas.gov)
- The Role Job Description The Electrical Engineering Department at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking a research assistant in the area of High Frequency Meta-Material and Meta-Surfaces. (godubai.com)
- Just as in my research, I am also committed to interdisciplinary teaching. (kishonnagray.com)
- Themed lesson plans incorporating art, literacy, movement and music support a multi-disciplinary approach to teaching young children and adults. (nih.gov)
- The SAS Global Academic Program provides JMP course materials to qualified professors teaching degree seeking students. (jmp.com)
- The purpose of this policy is to outline department policy and guidance on selecting suitable teaching and learning resources for students. (vic.gov.au)
- Schools must ensure that teaching and learning resources provide students with challenging and engaging programs that do not offend students or the wider school community due to their obscene, offensive or controversial nature. (vic.gov.au)
- students and parents know they can raise objections to the teaching and learning resources. (vic.gov.au)
- I believe in encouraging students to engage course material from their personal, social, and cultural frameworks in addition to the academic frameworks we employ. (kishonnagray.com)
- Surveys completed by some of the students show that the vast majority were satisfied or very satisfied with the overall quality of training and instruction they received in SBIRT and with the materials provided. (medscape.com)
- The department provides guidelines to inform teachers' and principals' decisions regarding the selection of teaching and learning resources, available on the Guidance tab . (vic.gov.au)
- Study of assistance development of thematic learning material by integrating new literacy and disaster literacy on science teachers. (ejmste.com)
- Instructors may use some or all of materials provided, and can tailor the materials to meet the needs of the class. (jmp.com)
- The solution to solve the problem is to develop STEM-integrated physics digital teaching material (PDTM). (ejmste.com)
- These guidelines also outline how schools should respond to objections raised about the use of specific teaching and learning resources. (vic.gov.au)
- Schools must ensure that teaching about religious and cultural beliefs and practices are handled with sensitivity, consistent with this policy and guidance. (vic.gov.au)
- Schools must not use teaching and learning resources created by inappropriate organisations for classroom use - refer to the definition section for a list of inappropriate organisations. (vic.gov.au)
- Principals may consult with school council or other members of the school community regarding the selection of teaching and learning resources. (vic.gov.au)
- make every effort to resolve objections to the use of specific teaching and learning resources through discussion and conciliation. (vic.gov.au)
- Discover and share the vast health-related teaching resources supported by NIH. (nih.gov)
- At my previous institution (EKU), I also had the pleasure of teaching in three distinctly different academic departments: Cultural Studies (Women & Gender Studies, Rural Studies, African/African-American Studies), the Department of Computer Science (Games and Culture), and the School of Justice Studies. (kishonnagray.com)
- Hence, we offer you to use the various materials developed by Danish Standards, so that you can incorporate knowledge about standards and standardization into your teaching. (ds.dk)
- I truly understand that learning requires consumption of knowledge, but we have moved beyond the banking model within teaching. (kishonnagray.com)
- Tooth -supported fixed dental prostheses (FDPs) remain an extensive therapeutic option, with new materials and a digital fabrication process gradually replacing traditional methods . (bvsalud.org)
- Data were collected using an online questionnaire including theoretical and practical teaching regarding clinical courses , restorative materials, and new fabrication methods , which was sent to 58 dental schools in North America . (bvsalud.org)
- I currently teach courses in Communication and Social Technologies here at ASU-New College. (kishonnagray.com)
- When possible, I employ digital technologies to operationalize my teaching philosophy. (kishonnagray.com)
- In a retrospective study from 1985-1989, records of preterm infants at two teaching hospitals (Imam Hossein and Loghman Hakim Hospitals, of Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences) in Teheran were examined. (who.int)
- Learn about when NIH will accept late applications or allow you to send application materials after you submit. (nih.gov)
- The project "Information and teaching materials for an environmentally conscious use of pharmaceuticals", led by Ecologic Institute, aims to promote an environmentally responsible use of human pharmaceuticals and to anchor the topic of pharmaceuticals and the environment in pharmaceutical and medical teaching. (ecologic.eu)
- Since COVID-19 impacted the way in which we teach and learn, I have been conducting my classes as close to the live, in-class model as possible. (humber.ca)
- Teaching New Materials and Techniques for Fixed Dental Prostheses in Dental Schools in the United States and Canada: A Survey. (bvsalud.org)
- The variety of advances calls for dental schools to expand the teaching of this field. (bvsalud.org)
- All the schools teach theoretical and practical porcelain -fused-to- metal (PFM) restorations, and almost all the schools teach full- metal FDPs. (bvsalud.org)
- For example, the use of images of deceased Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons should be avoided, except where permission to use an image has been provided or where appropriate warnings about the images are given, and images of the prophet Muhammad should not be used in teaching and learning programs. (vic.gov.au)
- While at MIT, I had the pleasure of teaching in the Comparative Media Studies and Women's and Gender Studies Programs. (kishonnagray.com)
- A one-page statement describing why you are interested in becoming a Teaching Fellow and your long-term career goals. (colorado.edu)
- In the long run, we are thinking about using various tools to manipulate materials," said Li. (techbriefs.com)
- Attend at least three teaching workshops offered by the Center for Teaching & Learning during your tenure in the program. (colorado.edu)
- All course materials should be submitted to your designated department academic coordinator . (iastate.edu)
- Your SRO uploads acceptable materials into the official electronic grant file maintained in the eRA Commons. (nih.gov)
- As a co-instructor, you will develop and teach two weeks of lectures, create new homework and exam problems and solutions. (colorado.edu)
- How to create accessible material for online use. (humber.ca)
- In Fall 2016, I taught Gender & Media and taught "Marginalized Masculinities" in Spring 2017. (kishonnagray.com)
- With undefined, smooth material, the whole structure needs to be accounted for before you can do any type of efficient and effective modeling and planning. (techbriefs.com)
- Stories to Reach, Teach, and Heal: A Guide for Diabetes Health Educators [PDF - 3M] was written with the hope that sharing stories can build connections on paths toward wellness, especially for people affected by diabetes. (cdc.gov)
- When we recycle, we make a new product out of waste materials. (nih.gov)