Mothers: Female parents, human or animal.Pregnancy: The status during which female mammals carry their developing young (EMBRYOS or FETUSES) in utero before birth, beginning from FERTILIZATION to BIRTH.Mother-Child Relations: Interaction between a mother and child.Infant, Newborn: An infant during the first month after birth.Receptor Cross-Talk: The simultaneous or sequential binding of multiple cell surface receptors to different ligands resulting in coordinated stimulation or suppression of signal transduction.Breast Feeding: The nursing of an infant at the breast.Maternal-Fetal Exchange: Exchange of substances between the maternal blood and the fetal blood at the PLACENTA via PLACENTAL CIRCULATION. The placental barrier excludes microbial or viral transmission.Infectious Disease Transmission, Vertical: The transmission of infectious disease or pathogens from one generation to another. It includes transmission in utero or intrapartum by exposure to blood and secretions, and postpartum exposure via breastfeeding.Fathers: Male parents, human or animal.Surrogate Mothers: Women who allow themselves to be impregnated with the understanding that the offspring are to be given over to the parents who have commissioned the surrogate.Pregnancy Complications: Conditions or pathological processes associated with pregnancy. They can occur during or after pregnancy, and range from minor discomforts to serious diseases that require medical interventions. They include diseases in pregnant females, and pregnancies in females with diseases.Infant Care: Care of infants in the home or institution.Prenatal Exposure Delayed Effects: The consequences of exposing the FETUS in utero to certain factors, such as NUTRITION PHYSIOLOGICAL PHENOMENA; PHYSIOLOGICAL STRESS; DRUGS; RADIATION; and other physical or chemical factors. These consequences are observed later in the offspring after BIRTH.Pregnancy Complications, Infectious: The co-occurrence of pregnancy and an INFECTION. The infection may precede or follow FERTILIZATION.Communication: The exchange or transmission of ideas, attitudes, or beliefs between individuals or groups.Maternal Age: The age of the mother in PREGNANCY.Single Parent: A natural, adoptive, or substitute parent of a dependent child, who lives with only one parent. The single parent may live with or visit the child. The concept includes the never-married, as well as the divorced and widowed.Postnatal Care: The care provided to women and their NEWBORNS for the first few months following CHILDBIRTH.Birth Weight: The mass or quantity of heaviness of an individual at BIRTH. It is expressed by units of pounds or kilograms.Depression, Postpartum: Depression in POSTPARTUM WOMEN, usually within four weeks after giving birth (PARTURITION). The degree of depression ranges from mild transient depression to neurotic or psychotic depressive disorders. (From DSM-IV, p386)Parent-Child Relations: The interactions between parent and child.Signal Transduction: The intracellular transfer of information (biological activation/inhibition) through a signal pathway. In each signal transduction system, an activation/inhibition signal from a biologically active molecule (hormone, neurotransmitter) is mediated via the coupling of a receptor/enzyme to a second messenger system or to an ion channel. Signal transduction plays an important role in activating cellular functions, cell differentiation, and cell proliferation. Examples of signal transduction systems are the GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID-postsynaptic receptor-calcium ion channel system, the receptor-mediated T-cell activation pathway, and the receptor-mediated activation of phospholipases. Those coupled to membrane depolarization or intracellular release of calcium include the receptor-mediated activation of cytotoxic functions in granulocytes and the synaptic potentiation of protein kinase activation. Some signal transduction pathways may be part of larger signal transduction pathways; for example, protein kinase activation is part of the platelet activation signal pathway.Questionnaires: Predetermined sets of questions used to collect data - clinical data, social status, occupational group, etc. The term is often applied to a self-completed survey instrument.Infant Behavior: Any observable response or action of a neonate or infant up through the age of 23 months.Bottle Feeding: Use of nursing bottles for feeding. Applies to humans and animals.Child Development: The continuous sequential physiological and psychological maturing of an individual from birth up to but not including ADOLESCENCE.Lactation: The processes of milk secretion by the maternal MAMMARY GLANDS after PARTURITION. The proliferation of the mammary glandular tissue, milk synthesis, and milk expulsion or let down are regulated by the interactions of several hormones including ESTRADIOL; PROGESTERONE; PROLACTIN; and OXYTOCIN.Maternal Welfare: Organized efforts by communities or organizations to improve the health and well-being of the mother.Pregnancy in Diabetics: The state of PREGNANCY in women with DIABETES MELLITUS. This does not include either symptomatic diabetes or GLUCOSE INTOLERANCE induced by pregnancy (DIABETES, GESTATIONAL) which resolves at the end of pregnancy.Maternal Exposure: Exposure of the female parent, human or animal, to potentially harmful chemical, physical, or biological agents in the environment or to environmental factors that may include ionizing radiation, pathogenic organisms, or toxic chemicals that may affect offspring. It includes pre-conception maternal exposure.Prenatal Care: Care provided the pregnant woman in order to prevent complications, and decrease the incidence of maternal and prenatal mortality.Parents: Persons functioning as natural, adoptive, or substitute parents. The heading includes the concept of parenthood as well as preparation for becoming a parent.Child Rearing: The training or bringing-up of children by parents or parent-substitutes. It is used also for child rearing practices in different societies, at different economic levels, in different ethnic groups, etc. It differs from PARENTING in that in child rearing the emphasis is on the act of training or bringing up the child and the interaction between the parent and child, while parenting emphasizes the responsibility and qualities of exemplary behavior of the parent.Child of Impaired Parents: Child with one or more parents afflicted by a physical or mental disorder.Socioeconomic Factors: Social and economic factors that characterize the individual or group within the social structure.Motivational Interviewing: It is a client-centered, directive method for eliciting intrinsic motivation to change using open-ended questions, reflective listening, and decisional balancing. This nonjudgmental, nonconfrontational interviewing style is designed to minimize a patient's resistance to change by creating an interaction that supports open discussion of risky or problem behavior.Risk Factors: An aspect of personal behavior or lifestyle, environmental exposure, or inborn or inherited characteristic, which, on the basis of epidemiologic evidence, is known to be associated with a health-related condition considered important to prevent.Pregnancy Outcome: Results of conception and ensuing pregnancy, including LIVE BIRTH; STILLBIRTH; SPONTANEOUS ABORTION; INDUCED ABORTION. The outcome may follow natural or artificial insemination or any of the various ASSISTED REPRODUCTIVE TECHNIQUES, such as EMBRYO TRANSFER or FERTILIZATION IN VITRO.Object Attachment: Emotional attachment to someone or something in the environment.Parity: The number of offspring a female has borne. It is contrasted with GRAVIDITY, which refers to the number of pregnancies, regardless of outcome.Infant Nutritional Physiological Phenomena: Nutritional physiology of children from birth to 2 years of age.Health Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice: Knowledge, attitudes, and associated behaviors which pertain to health-related topics such as PATHOLOGIC PROCESSES or diseases, their prevention, and treatment. This term refers to non-health workers and health workers (HEALTH PERSONNEL).Pregnancy in Adolescence: Pregnancy in human adolescent females under the age of 19.Immunity, Maternally-Acquired: Resistance to a disease-causing agent induced by the introduction of maternal immunity into the fetus by transplacental transfer or into the neonate through colostrum and milk.Gestational Age: The age of the conceptus, beginning from the time of FERTILIZATION. In clinical obstetrics, the gestational age is often estimated as the time from the last day of the last MENSTRUATION which is about 2 weeks before OVULATION and fertilization.Delivery, Obstetric: Delivery of the FETUS and PLACENTA under the care of an obstetrician or a health worker. Obstetric deliveries may involve physical, psychological, medical, or surgical interventions.Crying: To utter an inarticulate, characteristic sound in order to communicate or express a feeling, or desire for attention.Longitudinal Studies: Studies in which variables relating to an individual or group of individuals are assessed over a period of time.Infant Welfare: Organized efforts by communities or organizations to improve the health and well-being of infants.Fetal Blood: Blood of the fetus. Exchange of nutrients and waste between the fetal and maternal blood occurs via the PLACENTA. The cord blood is blood contained in the umbilical vessels (UMBILICAL CORD) at the time of delivery.Family: A social group consisting of parents or parent substitutes and children.Infant, Premature: A human infant born before 37 weeks of GESTATION.Time Factors: Elements of limited time intervals, contributing to particular results or situations.Infant Food: Food processed and manufactured for the nutritional health of children in their first year of life.Speech: Communication through a system of conventional vocal symbols.Interviews as Topic: Conversations with an individual or individuals held in order to obtain information about their background and other personal biographical data, their attitudes and opinions, etc. It includes school admission or job interviews.Infant, Newborn, Diseases: Diseases of newborn infants present at birth (congenital) or developing within the first month of birth. It does not include hereditary diseases not manifesting at birth or within the first 30 days of life nor does it include inborn errors of metabolism. Both HEREDITARY DISEASES and METABOLISM, INBORN ERRORS are available as general concepts.Videotape Recording: Recording of visual and sometimes sound signals on magnetic tape.Maternal-Child Health Centers: Facilities which administer the delivery of health care services to mothers and children.Infant Mortality: Postnatal deaths from BIRTH to 365 days after birth in a given population. Postneonatal mortality represents deaths between 28 days and 365 days after birth (as defined by National Center for Health Statistics). Neonatal mortality represents deaths from birth to 27 days after birth.Attitude to Health: Public attitudes toward health, disease, and the medical care system.Child Care: Care of CHILDREN in the home or in an institution.Stress, Psychological: Stress wherein emotional factors predominate.Educational Status: Educational attainment or level of education of individuals.Cross-Sectional Studies: Studies in which the presence or absence of disease or other health-related variables are determined in each member of the study population or in a representative sample at one particular time. This contrasts with LONGITUDINAL STUDIES which are followed over a period of time.Perinatal Care: The care of women and a fetus or newborn given before, during, and after delivery from the 28th week of gestation through the 7th day after delivery.Social Support: Support systems that provide assistance and encouragement to individuals with physical or emotional disabilities in order that they may better cope. Informal social support is usually provided by friends, relatives, or peers, while formal assistance is provided by churches, groups, etc.Maternal Nutritional Physiological Phenomena: Nutrition of a mother which affects the health of the FETUS and INFANT as well as herself.Cohort Studies: Studies in which subsets of a defined population are identified. These groups may or may not be exposed to factors hypothesized to influence the probability of the occurrence of a particular disease or other outcome. Cohorts are defined populations which, as a whole, are followed in an attempt to determine distinguishing subgroup characteristics.Fetus: The unborn young of a viviparous mammal, in the postembryonic period, after the major structures have been outlined. In humans, the unborn young from the end of the eighth week after CONCEPTION until BIRTH, as distinguished from the earlier EMBRYO, MAMMALIAN.Adaptation, Psychological: A state of harmony between internal needs and external demands and the processes used in achieving this condition. (From APA Thesaurus of Psychological Index Terms, 8th ed)Maternal Health Services: Organized services to provide health care to expectant and nursing mothers.Fetal Death: Death of the developing young in utero. BIRTH of a dead FETUS is STILLBIRTH.Nurse-Patient Relations: Interaction between the patient and nurse.Women, Working: Women who are engaged in gainful activities usually outside the home.Placenta: A highly vascularized mammalian fetal-maternal organ and major site of transport of oxygen, nutrients, and fetal waste products. It includes a fetal portion (CHORIONIC VILLI) derived from TROPHOBLASTS and a maternal portion (DECIDUA) derived from the uterine ENDOMETRIUM. The placenta produces an array of steroid, protein and peptide hormones (PLACENTAL HORMONES).Congenital Abnormalities: Malformations of organs or body parts during development in utero.Professional-Family Relations: The interactions between the professional person and the family.Eugenics: The attempt to improve the PHENOTYPES of future generations of the human population by fostering the reproduction of those with favorable phenotypes and GENOTYPES and hampering or preventing BREEDING by those with "undesirable" phenotypes and genotypes. The concept is largely discredited. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)Nuclear Family: A family composed of spouses and their children.United StatesMutation: Any detectable and heritable change in the genetic material that causes a change in the GENOTYPE and which is transmitted to daughter cells and to succeeding generations.Father-Child Relations: Interaction between the father and the child.HIV Infections: Includes the spectrum of human immunodeficiency virus infections that range from asymptomatic seropositivity, thru AIDS-related complex (ARC), to acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).Qualitative Research: Any type of research that employs nonnumeric information to explore individual or group characteristics, producing findings not arrived at by statistical procedures or other quantitative means. (Qualitative Inquiry: A Dictionary of Terms Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, 1997)Verbal Behavior: Includes both producing and responding to words, either written or spoken.Premature Birth: CHILDBIRTH before 37 weeks of PREGNANCY (259 days from the first day of the mother's last menstrual period, or 245 days after FERTILIZATION).Poverty: A situation in which the level of living of an individual, family, or group is below the standard of the community. It is often related to a specific income level.Physician-Patient Relations: The interactions between physician and patient.Child Behavior Disorders: Disturbances considered to be pathological based on age and stage appropriateness, e.g., conduct disturbances and anaclitic depression. This concept does not include psychoneuroses, psychoses, or personality disorders with fixed patterns.Lactation Disorders: Disturbances of MILK secretion in either SEX, not necessarily related to PREGNANCY.Cesarean Section: Extraction of the FETUS by means of abdominal HYSTEROTOMY.Family Characteristics: Size and composition of the family.Family Health: The health status of the family as a unit including the impact of the health of one member of the family on the family as a unit and on individual family members; also, the impact of family organization or disorganization on the health status of its members.Logistic Models: Statistical models which describe the relationship between a qualitative dependent variable (that is, one which can take only certain discrete values, such as the presence or absence of a disease) and an independent variable. A common application is in epidemiology for estimating an individual's risk (probability of a disease) as a function of a given risk factor.Pregnancy Trimester, Third: The last third of a human PREGNANCY, from the beginning of the 29th through the 42nd completed week (197 to 294 days) of gestation.Cell Communication: Any of several ways in which living cells of an organism communicate with one another, whether by direct contact between cells or by means of chemical signals carried by neurotransmitter substances, hormones, and cyclic AMP.Animals, Newborn: Refers to animals in the period of time just after birth.Professional-Patient Relations: Interactions between health personnel and patients.Maternal-Fetal Relations: The bond or lack thereof between a pregnant woman and her FETUS.Birth Certificates: Official certifications by a physician recording the individual's birth date, place of birth, parentage and other required identifying data which are filed with the local registrar of vital statistics.Attitude: An enduring, learned predisposition to behave in a consistent way toward a given class of objects, or a persistent mental and/or neural state of readiness to react to a certain class of objects, not as they are but as they are conceived to be.Intergenerational Relations: The interactions between individuals of different generations. These interactions include communication, caring, accountability, loyalty, and even conflict between related or non-related individuals.Age Factors: Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.Models, Biological: Theoretical representations that simulate the behavior or activity of biological processes or diseases. For disease models in living animals, DISEASE MODELS, ANIMAL is available. Biological models include the use of mathematical equations, computers, and other electronic equipment.Pedigree: The record of descent or ancestry, particularly of a particular condition or trait, indicating individual family members, their relationships, and their status with respect to the trait or condition.Language Development: The gradual expansion in complexity and meaning of symbols and sounds as perceived and interpreted by the individual through a maturational and learning process. Stages in development include babbling, cooing, word imitation with cognition, and use of short sentences.Prospective Studies: Observation of a population for a sufficient number of persons over a sufficient number of years to generate incidence or mortality rates subsequent to the selection of the study group.Social Environment: The aggregate of social and cultural institutions, forms, patterns, and processes that influence the life of an individual or community.Cells, Cultured: Cells propagated in vitro in special media conducive to their growth. Cultured cells are used to study developmental, morphologic, metabolic, physiologic, and genetic processes, among others.Rural Population: The inhabitants of rural areas or of small towns classified as rural.Patient Acceptance of Health Care: The seeking and acceptance by patients of health service.Focus Groups: A method of data collection and a QUALITATIVE RESEARCH tool in which a small group of individuals are brought together and allowed to interact in a discussion of their opinions about topics, issues, or questions.Nonverbal Communication: Transmission of emotions, ideas, and attitudes between individuals in ways other than the spoken language.Kangaroo-Mother Care Method: A method of continuously holding a partially wrapped baby to the chest, involving skin-to-skin contact. Originally it was a method of caring for LOW-BIRTH-WEIGHT INFANT in developing countries and is now more widespread in developed nations. Aside from encouraging breast feeding, the extra sleep that the infant gets assists in regulating body temperature, helps the baby conserve energy, and redirects calorie expenditures toward growth and weight gain.Tape Recording: Recording of information on magnetic or punched paper tape.Interpersonal Relations: The reciprocal interaction of two or more persons.Prevalence: The total number of cases of a given disease in a specified population at a designated time. It is differentiated from INCIDENCE, which refers to the number of new cases in the population at a given time.Illegitimacy: The state of birth outside of wedlock. It may refer to the offspring or the parents.Counseling: The giving of advice and assistance to individuals with educational or personal problems.Single-Parent Family: A household that includes children and is headed by one adult.Fetal Development: Morphological and physiological development of FETUSES.Birth Order: The sequence in which children are born into the family.Case-Control Studies: Studies which start with the identification of persons with a disease of interest and a control (comparison, referent) group without the disease. The relationship of an attribute to the disease is examined by comparing diseased and non-diseased persons with regard to the frequency or levels of the attribute in each group.Puerperal Disorders: Disorders or diseases associated with PUERPERIUM, the six-to-eight-week period immediately after PARTURITION in humans.Anxiety: Feeling or emotion of dread, apprehension, and impending disaster but not disabling as with ANXIETY DISORDERS.Fetal Diseases: Pathophysiological conditions of the FETUS in the UTERUS. Some fetal diseases may be treated with FETAL THERAPIES.Prenatal Nutritional Physiological Phenomena: Nutrition of FEMALE during PREGNANCY.Urban Population: The inhabitants of a city or town, including metropolitan areas and suburban areas.Social Class: A stratum of people with similar position and prestige; includes social stratification. Social class is measured by criteria such as education, occupation, and income.Truth Disclosure: Truthful revelation of information, specifically when the information disclosed is likely to be psychologically painful ("bad news") to the recipient (e.g., revelation to a patient or a patient's family of the patient's DIAGNOSIS or PROGNOSIS) or embarrassing to the teller (e.g., revelation of medical errors).Molecular Sequence Data: Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.Analysis of Variance: A statistical technique that isolates and assesses the contributions of categorical independent variables to variation in the mean of a continuous dependent variable.Milk: The white liquid secreted by the mammary glands. It contains proteins, sugar, lipids, vitamins, and minerals.Depression: Depressive states usually of moderate intensity in contrast with major depression present in neurotic and psychotic disorders.Paternal Behavior: The behavior patterns associated with or characteristic of a father.Midwestern United States: The geographic area of the midwestern region of the United States in general or when the specific state or states are not indicated. The states usually included in this region are Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin.Abnormalities, Drug-Induced: Congenital abnormalities caused by medicinal substances or drugs of abuse given to or taken by the mother, or to which she is inadvertently exposed during the manufacture of such substances. The concept excludes abnormalities resulting from exposure to non-medicinal chemicals in the environment.Sex Factors: Maleness or femaleness as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from SEX CHARACTERISTICS, anatomical or physiological manifestations of sex, and from SEX DISTRIBUTION, the number of males and females in given circumstances.Adolescent Behavior: Any observable response or action of an adolescent.Diabetes, Gestational: Diabetes mellitus induced by PREGNANCY but resolved at the end of pregnancy. It does not include previously diagnosed diabetics who become pregnant (PREGNANCY IN DIABETICS). Gestational diabetes usually develops in late pregnancy when insulin antagonistic hormones peaks leading to INSULIN RESISTANCE; GLUCOSE INTOLERANCE; and HYPERGLYCEMIA.Feeding Behavior: Behavioral responses or sequences associated with eating including modes of feeding, rhythmic patterns of eating, and time intervals.Child Welfare: Organized efforts by communities or organizations to improve the health and well-being of the child.Parturition: The process of giving birth to one or more offspring.Follow-Up Studies: Studies in which individuals or populations are followed to assess the outcome of exposures, procedures, or effects of a characteristic, e.g., occurrence of disease.Temperament: Predisposition to react to one's environment in a certain way; usually refers to mood changes.Motivation: Those factors which cause an organism to behave or act in either a goal-seeking or satisfying manner. They may be influenced by physiological drives or by external stimuli.Sex Ratio: The number of males per 100 females.Sexuality: The sexual functions, activities, attitudes, and orientations of an individual. Sexuality, male or female, becomes evident at PUBERTY under the influence of gonadal steroids (TESTOSTERONE or ESTRADIOL), and social effects.Fetal Growth Retardation: The failure of a FETUS to attain its expected FETAL GROWTH at any GESTATIONAL AGE.Family Relations: Behavioral, psychological, and social relations among various members of the nuclear family and the extended family.Adult Children: Children who have reached maturity or the legal age of majority.Prenatal Diagnosis: Determination of the nature of a pathological condition or disease in the postimplantation EMBRYO; FETUS; or pregnant female before birth.Pregnancy Complications, Cardiovascular: The co-occurrence of pregnancy and a cardiovascular disease. The disease may precede or follow FERTILIZATION and it may or may not have a deleterious effect on the pregnant woman or FETUS.Phosphorylation: The introduction of a phosphoryl group into a compound through the formation of an ester bond between the compound and a phosphorus moiety.Animals, Suckling: Young, unweaned mammals. Refers to nursing animals whether nourished by their biological mother, foster mother, or bottle fed.Vocabulary: The sum or the stock of words used by a language, a group, or an individual. (From Webster, 3d ed)Colostrum: The thin, yellow, serous fluid secreted by the mammary glands during pregnancy and immediately postpartum before lactation begins. It consists of immunologically active substances, white blood cells, water, protein, fat, and carbohydrates.Coma, Post-Head Injury: Prolonged unconsciousness from which the individual cannot be aroused, associated with traumatic injuries to the BRAIN. This may be defined as unconsciousness persisting for 6 hours or longer. Coma results from injury to both cerebral hemispheres or the RETICULAR FORMATION of the BRAIN STEM. Contributing mechanisms include DIFFUSE AXONAL INJURY and BRAIN EDEMA. (From J Neurotrauma 1997 Oct;14(10):699-713)Health Education: Education that increases the awareness and favorably influences the attitudes and knowledge relating to the improvement of health on a personal or community basis.Phenotype: The outward appearance of the individual. It is the product of interactions between genes, and between the GENOTYPE and the environment.Labor, Obstetric: The repetitive uterine contraction during childbirth which is associated with the progressive dilation of the uterine cervix (CERVIX UTERI). Successful labor results in the expulsion of the FETUS and PLACENTA. Obstetric labor can be spontaneous or induced (LABOR, INDUCED).BrazilMarriage: The social institution involving legal and/or religious sanction whereby individuals are joined together.Body Weight: The mass or quantity of heaviness of an individual. It is expressed by units of pounds or kilograms.Smoking: Inhaling and exhaling the smoke of burning TOBACCO.Pregnant Women: Human females who are pregnant, as cultural, psychological, or sociological entities.Maternal-Child Nursing: The nursing specialty that deals with the care of women throughout their pregnancy and childbirth and the care of their newborn children.IndiaMaternal Mortality: Maternal deaths resulting from complications of pregnancy and childbirth in a given population.Child Custody: The formally authorized guardianship or care of a CHILD.Infant, Small for Gestational Age: An infant having a birth weight lower than expected for its gestational age.Family Conflict: Struggle or disagreement between parents, parent and child or other members of a family.Infant Nutrition Disorders: Disorders caused by nutritional imbalance, either overnutrition or undernutrition, occurring in infants ages 1 month to 24 months.Hispanic Americans: Persons living in the United States of Mexican (MEXICAN AMERICANS), Puerto Rican, Cuban, Central or South American, or other Spanish culture or origin. The concept does not include Brazilian Americans or Portuguese Americans.Pilot Projects: Small-scale tests of methods and procedures to be used on a larger scale if the pilot study demonstrates that these methods and procedures can work.Obstetric Labor Complications: Medical problems associated with OBSTETRIC LABOR, such as BREECH PRESENTATION; PREMATURE OBSTETRIC LABOR; HEMORRHAGE; or others. These complications can affect the well-being of the mother, the FETUS, or both.Midwifery: The practice of assisting women in childbirth.Child Nutritional Physiological Phenomena: Nutritional physiology of children aged 2-12 years.Weaning: Permanent deprivation of breast milk and commencement of nourishment with other food. (From Stedman, 25th ed)Transcription Factors: Endogenous substances, usually proteins, which are effective in the initiation, stimulation, or termination of the genetic transcription process.Language: A verbal or nonverbal means of communicating ideas or feelings.Adoption: Voluntary acceptance of a child of other parents to be as one's own child, usually with legal confirmation.Social Adjustment: Adaptation of the person to the social environment. Adjustment may take place by adapting the self to the environment or by changing the environment. (From Campbell, Psychiatric Dictionary, 1996)Mathematical Concepts: Numeric or quantitative entities, descriptions, properties, relationships, operations, and events.Obesity: A status with BODY WEIGHT that is grossly above the acceptable or desirable weight, usually due to accumulation of excess FATS in the body. The standards may vary with age, sex, genetic or cultural background. In the BODY MASS INDEX, a BMI greater than 30.0 kg/m2 is considered obese, and a BMI greater than 40.0 kg/m2 is considered morbidly obese (MORBID OBESITY).Pregnancy Complications, Parasitic: The co-occurrence of pregnancy and parasitic diseases. The parasitic infection may precede or follow FERTILIZATION.Sudden Infant Death: The abrupt and unexplained death of an apparently healthy infant under one year of age, remaining unexplained after a thorough case investigation, including performance of a complete autopsy, examination of the death scene, and review of the clinical history. (Pediatr Pathol 1991 Sep-Oct;11(5):677-84)Twins: Two individuals derived from two FETUSES that were fertilized at or about the same time, developed in the UTERUS simultaneously, and born to the same mother. Twins are either monozygotic (TWINS, MONOZYGOTIC) or dizygotic (TWINS, DIZYGOTIC).Diet: Regular course of eating and drinking adopted by a person or animal.Health Promotion: Encouraging consumer behaviors most likely to optimize health potentials (physical and psychosocial) through health information, preventive programs, and access to medical care.Perception: The process by which the nature and meaning of sensory stimuli are recognized and interpreted.Patient Education as Topic: The teaching or training of patients concerning their own health needs.Odds Ratio: The ratio of two odds. The exposure-odds ratio for case control data is the ratio of the odds in favor of exposure among cases to the odds in favor of exposure among noncases. The disease-odds ratio for a cohort or cross section is the ratio of the odds in favor of disease among the exposed to the odds in favor of disease among the unexposed. The prevalence-odds ratio refers to an odds ratio derived cross-sectionally from studies of prevalent cases.Regression Analysis: Procedures for finding the mathematical function which best describes the relationship between a dependent variable and one or more independent variables. In linear regression (see LINEAR MODELS) the relationship is constrained to be a straight line and LEAST-SQUARES ANALYSIS is used to determine the best fit. In logistic regression (see LOGISTIC MODELS) the dependent variable is qualitative rather than continuously variable and LIKELIHOOD FUNCTIONS are used to find the best relationship. In multiple regression, the dependent variable is considered to depend on more than a single independent variable.Fetal Macrosomia: A condition of fetal overgrowth leading to a large-for-gestational-age FETUS. It is defined as BIRTH WEIGHT greater than 4,000 grams or above the 90th percentile for population and sex-specific growth curves. It is commonly seen in GESTATIONAL DIABETES; PROLONGED PREGNANCY; and pregnancies complicated by pre-existing diabetes mellitus.Great BritainEarly Intervention (Education): Procedures and programs that facilitate the development or skill acquisition in infants and young children who have disabilities, who are at risk for developing disabilities, or who are gifted. It includes programs that are designed to prevent handicapping conditions in infants and young children and family-centered programs designed to affect the functioning of infants and children with special needs. (From Journal of Early Intervention, Editorial, 1989, vol. 13, no. 1, p. 3; A Discursive Dictionary of Health Care, prepared for the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce, 1976)NorwayCell Line: Established cell cultures that have the potential to propagate indefinitely.Tobacco Smoke Pollution: Contamination of the air by tobacco smoke.
Increasingly, in her talks and interviews, she has been exploring what she has called "mattering theory" as an alternative to ... A fictional mother, daughter, and granddaughter introduced in two of the stories in that collection became the main characters ... "Strange Attractors: Stories". Dickstein, Lore (October 29, 1995). "World of Our Mothers". The New York Times. McAlpin, Heller ( ... a right-wing talk show host, an affective neuroscientist, and others. In addition to Barnard, Goldstein has taught at Columbia ...
Mothers Talk Back: Momz Radio. Toronto: Coach House Press, 1991 Brown, Brenda Lee. Ed. Bringing it Home: Women Talk about ... Through this research, she wrote a book by the same name, Momz Radio: Mothers Talkback. Dragu has created video art for YouTube ... She created a radio show, Momz Radio which focused on interviewing mothers about their experiences with motherhood. ...
"Mississippi Senate Candidate Says He Didn't Speak at Neo-Confederate Conference". Mother Jones. Mother Jones. Retrieved June 10 ... Talking Points Memo. Retrieved June 10, 2014. "McDaniel, others refute story about him at Confederate event". www.clarionledger ... McDaniel made statements on his talk show in 2006 or 2007 on reparations for slavery, race, and women that Politico, The Wall ...
Roth, Zachary (March 2, 2010). "Tea Party Leader Was Involved With GOP-Tied Political Firm". Talking Points Memo. Retrieved ... Mencimer, Stephanie (October 19, 2010). "Is the Tea Party Movement Like a Pyramid Scheme?". Mother Jones. Retrieved January 4, ... Sarlin, Benjy (2011-12-15). "Tea Party Leader Mark Meckler Arrested With Handgun At Airport". Talking Points Memo. Retrieved 13 ... Mencimer, Stephanie (2012-01-13). "Go Ahead, Make Mark Meckler's Day". Mother Jones. Retrieved 13 April 2014. ...
Fear of Music
access-date= requires ,url= (help) Pareles, Jon (May 1982). "Talking Heads Talk". Mother Jones. p. 38. Charone, p. 27 Bowman, p ... "Fear of Music - Talking Heads". AllMusic. Retrieved September 23, 2009. Kot, Greg (May 6, 1990). "Talking Heads On The Record ... A limited edition UK LP included a live version of "Psycho Killer" and "New Feeling" from Talking Heads' debut album, Talking ... Talking Heads' second album More Songs About Buildings and Food, released in 1978, expanded the band's sonic palette. The ...
John M. Snyder
6 (6): 7. Roth, Kristin (2000-09-29). "Queens of the Stone Age Talk Tour". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2011-02-21. Elan, Priya ( ... Talbot, David (July 1981). "New Wave Rockettes!". Mother Jones. Foundation for National Progress. ... Iyall was observed by Mother Jones to be among a new group of female fronted rock bands that displayed a "tough, wry, street- ...
Remain in Light
Pareles, Jon (May 1982). "Talking Heads Talk". Mother Jones. pp. 36-39. Wilcox, Tyler (October 3, 2016). "Talking Heads' Road ... "Remain in Light - Talking Heads". AllMusic. Retrieved January 25, 2011. Kot, Greg (May 6, 1990). "Talking Heads On The Record ... Robertson, Sandy (October 11, 1980). "Talking Heads: Remain In Light". Sounds. p. 27. "Top Album Picks: Talking Heads-Remain In ... from Talking Heads' debut album, Talking Heads: 77, into the lyric "Look at the hands of a government man". The "rhythmical ...
"Mother Love Show". LA Talk Radio. "Justin Chart's "Los Angeles The Song"". Los Angeles Times. "Theme song for Los Angeles to ... Chart credits his mother as an early influence to his music career. Chart started playing piano at the age of 5 and by the age ... His mother was a professional opera singer. As an opera singer, she performed mainly in New York, Chicago, Illinois, and Los ...
Frances Hughes Glendening
Young Animal (DC Comics)
"MOTHER PANIC #1 , DC". Dccomics.com. 2016-11-09. Retrieved 2017-01-20. "Gerard Way and Jon Rivera Talk DC's Young Animal: "What ... Mother Panic - by Jody Houser and Tommy Lee Edwards - is about Violet Paige, a temperate girl that no one suspects to be ... "Gerard Way Talks New DC Comics Imprint". "SHADE, THE CHANGING GIRL #1 , DC". Dccomics.com. 2016-10-05. Retrieved 2017-01-20. " ...
Pillars of Adventism
They talk science, and the enemy comes in and gives them an abundance of science; but it is not the science of salvation. It is ... 1T 39.2} "But, mother," said I, "do you really believe that the soul sleeps in the grave until the resurrection? Do you think ... LS80 170.3} "'But mother,' said I, 'Do you really believe that the soul sleeps in the grave until the resurrection? Do you ... 625, Sermons and Talks vol. 1 pp. 344, Manuscript Releases no.760 pp. 9, Review and Herald May 25, 1905 par.28, Counsels to ...
Scott Sims (veterinarian)
He was in talks for a second season when he was diagnosed with bladder cancer. Sims was writing a book, Eating Horses Don't Die ... Miller, Gerri (March 20, 2015). "Meet the island-hopping doctor behind 'Aloha Vet'". Mother Nature Network (MNN). Retrieved ... Talking Animals. March 18, 2015. Retrieved 2015-08-02. "Dr. Scott Sims". The Pegasus Foundation. Retrieved 2015-08-02. Stallard ...
Dead & Buried (House)
However, Taub talks to the patient's mother, who admits because Iris is so moody, she gives her diazepam and tells her it's ... The father dismisses the idea because the mother, his ex-wife, would never agree to it. However, House talks to him about how ... The diazepam the mother gave her masked the illness, but removing it made it more apparent. The mother admits giving her ... He reassures the mother all they have to do is keep her off the drugs and she will be fine. However, Iris starts vomiting. Taub ...
Paboo & Mojies
Moji Tree: A talking tree of Mojies Town. Moji Train: The Mojies train that takes Paboo and his friends anywhere. Kate Kangaroo ... Pat Panda: Paboo's mother. She is often kind and loves to make pancakes. Paul Panda: Paboo's father. Also the mail-carrier. ... Rachel Rabbit: Rosie's mother. Rose Rabbit: Rosie's cousin. She also loves getting into mischief. Hiehie Chan: A female robot ... Kerry's mother. Ellen Elephant: Emma's older sister. Eddie Elephant: Emma's father and the doctor of the Mojies hospital. ...
NASA Clean Air Study
Talk about setting herself up for a fall. Just like her mother." http://perfectblend.net/reference/charactercounts/index.htm ... Several weeks later, Debbie receives a phone call while on 5th Avenue and talks with Philip. Debbie returns home in the wake of ... that there has been a car accident and their mother is dead. Julie helps look after the children and she eventually marries ...
Maureen Scott Harris
"Jenny Hutt talks Star diet". "CNN Newsroom". 2013-10-30. "CBS Press Express". 2013-09-29. "CNN Transcripts, Dr. Drew". 2013-04- ... "Like Mother, Like Daughter". 2006-08-14. "Martha Stewart's Work With Hallmark". 2010-09-19. "Jennifer Hutt Is a Satellite Radio ... From 2005 to 2011, Hutt co-hosted Whatever with Alexis and Jennifer, a daily radio talk show on SiriusXM with Alexis Stewart. ... and CBS's The Talk. For several months in 2013 and 2014, she co-hosted on HLN's Dr. Drew on Call. In 2011, Hutt co-authored a ...
The term womanish was commonly used in Black daily language by mothers to describe adolescent daughters who act outrageous and ... ISBN 978-0-15-144525-7. Williams, Delores S. (1995). Sisters in the Wilderness: The Challenge of Womanist God-talk. Maryknoll, ... Maryknoll, New York: Orbis Books (published 2014). ISBN 978-1-60833-199-4. Walker, Alice (1983). In Search of our Mothers' ... In Search of Our Mothers' Gardens: Womanist Prose. In this text, she makes the point that "A Womanist is to feminist as purple ...
Family & Life
"About Us , Mothers and Fathers Matter". Retrieved 24 February 2017. Dr Thomas Finegan. Thomas publishes in the areas of areas ... "X-Case/Abortion Public Talk with Clare Daly T.D & Sen. Ronan Mullen". Sen. Ronan Mullen has had to cancel, a last minute- ... Tom Finnegan, legal advisor to Family and Life, was advisor to Mothers and Fathers Matter, the main campaign group against the ... Minihan, Mary (17 April 2015). "Mothers and Fathers Matter launches No referendum campaign". The Irish Times. Tom Finnegan, an ...
Man and Boy: Dada
Michael's mother won't allow Kurt to visit while he is sick, and he gets interviewed by a BBC newswoman who likes to hear ... They get to talking about their collections. Schwitters invites Michael to come to his apartment to see them. Michael refuses ... Michael's mother is horrified that he would do what she perceives as a practical joke to a boy. His motivation was completely ... Although Michael's mother hates all Germans, she makes an exception for the artist, who gradually earns her trust. Michael and ...
Je ne parle pas français
There they talked about literature 'but not only of literature'; by the end of the dinner, Dick sang his song again, and Raoul ... Dick's mother Mouse, Dick's girlfriend. The opening speech by Orsino in Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare, through the use ... The jacket for Bliss included these lines: "BLISS is the 'something new' in short stories that men will read and talk about and ... Rudyard Kipling is mentioned when Raoul talks about literary soirées. Raoul refers to Puccini's opera Madame Butterfly upon ...
Paul Ray Ramsey
Clash (Thai band)
... said Bank when he was interviewed on the Thai TV Talk Show "Bangkok Rama". Bank's mother died in 2007. The song, "Wung Won" is ... I don't know to what amount it's going to cost, but whatever it is, I will try and make it so that my mother will be better ... "I feel 100x times more pain than my mother. When I am with her and see her beautiful smile, it gives me the inspiration and the ... So far, Bank has paid millions for her treatment; to the point where he has to take his mother to the hospital for blood ...
Andrew Sherwood (politician)
Ariosa v. Sequenom
Please see the Talk page for this Article. *^ a b Ariosa Diagnostics, Inc. v. Sequenom, Inc.. , 788 F.3d 1371 (Fed. Cir. 2015 ... There was a problem, however, of how to ascertain which DNA in the sample was that of the fetus and which was the mother's ( ... This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to ... The inventors realized that the fetus had DNA derived from the father as well as the mother, and that paternal DNA was not ...
2009-10 United States network television schedule
How I Met Your Mother Accidentally on Purpose Two and a Half Men (12/8.9) The Big Bang Theory (14/8.5). (Tied with Criminal ... "Fringe" Talks Leonard Nimoy, "American Idol" Backlash, Cross-Dressing and More Archived April 26, 2009, at the Wayback Machine ... "How I Met Your Mother Renewed For Sixth Season - Ratings". TVbytheNumbers. January 25, 2010. Retrieved February 6, 2014.. ... How I Met Your Mother- Renewed for a sixth season on January 25, 2010. ...
The Name of the Wind
The Drinkard Singers
In 1938 mother, Delia, suffered a stroke and died of cerebral hemorrhage three years later. Nitcholas died of stomach cancer in ... Another sister, Lee Drinkard Warrick, the mother of Dee Dee and Dionne Warwick, served as the group's manager. ... Nitcholas Drinkard was born to a part Dutch, part African-American, mother Susan Bell Drinkard (née Fuller, b. 1876) and a full ...
Type 2 diabetes
Arya Samaj in Singapore
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to ... She was kept busy playing what she considered mediocre roles she called "Mothers for Metro". After Meet Me in St. Louis (1944 ... Astor's mother, who had always wanted to be an actress, taught drama and elocution. Astor was home-schooled in academics and ... Taylor was engaged, and in love, and talking on the telephone most of the time (which is fine normally, but not when the ...
For the majority of her life, she lived with her mother, Sibbie. From 1926 to 1930, Borden was romantically involved with actor ... The Monkey Talks Olivette 1927 The Secret Studio Rosemary Merton Lost film ... she persuaded her mother to take her to Hollywood to pursue a career in show business. To support themselves they opened a ... Borden's father died when she was a baby and she was raised by her mother, Sybil ("Sibbie"), in Norfolk and Baltimore, ...
Many cadres ate the livers of their victims and tore unborn foetuses from their mothers for use as kun krak talismans. The ... Cambodians were encouraged to talk about themselves in the plural "we" rather than the singular "I". While working in the ... Sâr's mother, Sok Nem, was locally respected as a pious Buddhist. Sâr was the eighth of nine children (two girls and seven ... He concluded that the Khmer Rouge should start talking openly about its commitment to making Cambodia a socialist society and ...
Sneaky Pete Kleinow
His mother, Philomena Lynott was born in Dublin and his father, Cecil Parris, was from Georgetown, British Guiana. ... No matter where he went in the world, if we were talking to a journalist and they got something wrong about Ireland, he'd give ... The move was important, as the presence of Frank gave him a father figure for the first time in his life. His mother stayed ... He was discovered by his mother, who was not aware of his dependence on heroin. She contacted his wife Caroline, who knew about ...
In 1999, UNESCO recognized 21 February as International Mother Language Day in recognition of the language movement in East ... The day has since been observed as Language Movement Day in Bangladesh and was proclaimed the International Mother Language Day ... the only language in the world to be also known for its language movements and people sacrificing their life for their mother ...
a b Climategate: What Really Happened?, Mother Jones, Apr. 21, 2011 *^ Koprowski, Gene J (April 28, 2010). "EXCLUSIVE: ... "In Climate Hack Story, Could Talk of Cover-Up Be as Serious as Crime?". Archived from the original on 2010-03-10. Retrieved ... wrote Kate Sheppard at Mother Jones in 2011. "Emails from this period show the scientists lashing out against McIntyre. He ...
Sacred trees and groves in Germanic paganism and mythology
Sacred trees and groves are widely attested among the records of the ancient Germanic peoples. Some scholars hypothesize that they even predated the development of temples (according to Rudolf Simek, "there were sacred woods long before there were temples and altars"). In his Germania, Tacitus says that the Germanic peoples "consecrate woods and groves and they apply the name of gods to that mysterious presence which they see only with the eye of devotion", Tacitus describes the grove of the Semnones and refers to a castum nemus ('chaste grove') in which the image of the goddess Nerthus was hallowed, and other reports from the Roman period also refer to rites held by continental Germanic peoples in groves, including the sacrifices in forest clearings of survivors by the Cherusci after their victory at the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest, recounted by Tacitus in his Annals based on a report by Germanicus. Such groves were sometimes dedicated to a particular deity: in addition to the case ...
National Volunteer Week
America in the King Years
Prince Andrew, Duke of York
"Prince Andrew talks of Falklands horror". Glasgow Herald. 14 November 1983. p. 2.. ... "His mother's subjects seated around the table roared their approval. He then went on to 'these (expletive) journalists, ... "Prince Andrew Talks of His Dangerous Falklands Experiences". MercoPress. 12 June 2001.. ...
The baby's eyes are contaminated during passage through the birth canal from a mother infected with either Neisseria ... Single injection of ceftriaxone IM or IV should be given to infants born to mothers with untreated gonococcal infection. ... Antenatal measures include thorough care of mother and treatment of genital infections when suspected. ... the organism is transmitted from the genital tract of an infected mother during birth or by infected hands. ...
In 2000, she also performed in the Broadway premiere of Eric Bogosian's Talk Radio, starring Liev Schreiber, in 2007. She also ... In 1938, her great-grandmother, Ruby Webster March, founded the West Texas Mother's Health Center, which later became part of ... her mother married Robert Derby. In 1996, March graduated from Northwestern University, where she was a member of Kappa ...
Abductive logic programming
Health in Nepal
HDI 2010 index from article Let's Talk Human Development - Data challenges in estimating the HDI: The cases of Cuba, Palau and ... Other improvements include: Mortality rate during childbirth: From 850 in 100,00 mothers in 1990 to 190 in 2013. Under-five ... Policy - Mother's Milk Substitutes (Control of Sale and Distribution) Act, 2049 (1992). https://extranet.who.int/nutrition/gina ...
Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
Talk:mother - Wiktionary
mother. Alt form of moth-er (moth-catcher). Already discussed at Talk:mother, where CFI-compliant citations could not be found ... "my mother", "their mother", etc. Consider a phrase like "a face that only a mother could love", where "mother" is implied to be ... My sister-in-law has just become a mother.. I am visiting my mother today.. *1988, Robert Ferro, Second Son He had something of ... b) My sister-in-law has just become a mother.. (c) Nutrients and oxygen obtained by the mother are conveyed to the fetus. * * ...
God Talk - Mother Jones
Mother Jones. 1.Were a nonprofit.. Make a donation.. One-Time Gift Monthly Gift ... If you value what you get from Mother Jones, please join us with a tax-deductible donation so we can keep on doing the type of ... Mother Jones was founded as a nonprofit in 1976 because we knew corporations and the wealthy wouldnt fund the type of hard- ... Kevin is a political blogger for Mother Jones. Email Kevin [email protected] For more of his stories, click here or follow him ...
Michael Pollan Talks Turkey - Mother Jones
Michael Pollan Talks Turkey. My guests were skeptical of my heritage bird. Until they had a chance to taste it.. Michael Pollan ... Mother Jones. 1.Were a nonprofit.. Make a donation.. One-Time Gift Monthly Gift ... Mother Jones was founded as a nonprofit in 1976 because we knew corporations and the wealthy wouldnt fund the type of hard- ... If you value what you get from Mother Jones, please join us with a tax-deductible donation today so we can keep on doing the ...
Mothers Talk - Wikipedia
"Mothers Talk (US Remix)" (4:14) 12": Vertigo / SOVX 2366 (Canada) "Mothers Talk (Beat of the Drum Mix)" (8:54) "Mothers Talk ( ... "Mothers Talk (Beat of the Drum Mix)" (8:54) "The Marauders" (4:14) "Mothers Talk (Extended Version)" (6:15) "Mothers Talk" (3: ... "Mothers Talk (Short Version)" (3:53) "The Way You Are (Extended Version)" (7:33) "Mothers Talk (Beat of the Drum Mix)" (8:54) " ... "Mothers Talk (US Remix)" (4:14) "Sea Song" (3:52) 12": Mercury / IDEA712 (United Kingdom) / 818 838-1 (Europe) "Mothers Talk ( ...
Mother's Day Puzzler Vacation! | Car Talk
Free Talking Mother's Day eCards | Blue Mountain
Send a free mothers day ecard to anyone. Visit Bluemountain.com today for easy and fun mothers day ecards. ... Mothers Day eCards for My Mom Mothers Day Cards Mothers Day eCards Funny Mothers Day eCards ... Celebrate the mothers in your life with Blue Mountains Talking Mothers Day eCards. Youll be sure to put a smile on their ... Talking Card card type. large preview. https://ak.imgag.com/imgag/product/thumbs/ecards-mothers-day-all-hail-the-queen-talking- ...
Need a pep talk please - tetanus | Mothering Forum
Mothering Forum. A forum community dedicated to all mothers and inclusive family living enthusiasts. Come join the discussion ... Talk Amongst Ourselves Life With a Baby Im Pregnant Life with a Toddler Trying To Conceive ... www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/nod.gif style=border:0px solid; title=nod,,br,,br,. Makes sense! ... files.mothering.com/images/smilies/computergeek2.gif style=,,span, ,/span,,br,,span, ,/span,,/p,,/div,,/div, ...
Climate talks spark frustration | MNN - Mother Nature Network
... negotiators at global climate talks in Qatar made only modest steps toward h ... Climate talks spark frustration. Global climate talks in Doha have ended with small steps forward, but none significantly curbs ... A long-term agreement is on the horizon, based on a decision made last year at talks in Durban. Under the timeline, the ... The talks at Doha started to relatively low expectations, said Travis Franck, senior scientist and policy analyst for the ...
Hilary Duff Talks Parent Pressure In Mothers Day Essay
And most of all, honoring that in each other, on Mothers Day and EVERY day. So, please share your stories about what its like ... After both of my children, it took me a second to find myself again, and realize that my desires outside of being a mother are ... Mercury retrograde is one of the most talked-about transits in astrology. Even if youre not into the cosmos, you know that ... I think Ive always felt pretty confident in how I mother, but theres obviously times, or people, that make you question ...
'Mother Teresa of Our Age' Talks to Her.meneutics | Christianity...
Mother Teresa of Our Age Talks to Her.meneutics Dr. Catherine Hamlin, 87, has saved countless Ethiopian womens lives through ... New York Times columnist Nicholas Kristof dubbed her the Mother Teresa of our age, and Oprah has featured her story. However ... trip to launch Hamlin Fistula USA-the newest member of Hamlin Fistula International-87-year-old Hamlin sat down with me to talk ...
Talking to Children About Tragedy: How Temperaments Help - Mothering
Talking to Children About Tragedy: How Temperaments Help. by Marcy Axness on September 11, 2014 Share ... When talking to children about tragic events, understanding individual temperament can be a great help. In Part I, I focused ... Wait until the temper calms down before talking to him or her about the cause of their outburst. In times of stress or crisis ... What nurturance looks like to one child will feel like smothering to another; what presence feels like to one mother will feel ...
The Talking Mother Goose - Wikipedia
The Talking Mother Goose was an animated character toy created by Alchemy II and Worlds of Wonder in 1986, capable of telling ... Mother Goose moved her eyes, beak, and, unlike most of the toys, Mother Goose was able to move her head from side-to-side. Both ... Hector used 4 "AA" batteries and a double ended patch cord to work with Mother Goose. He worked only with the initial Worlds of ... As with Grubby in the Teddy Ruxpin line and Goofy in the Talking Mickey Mouse line, he could not function alone. With Hector, ...
Ryan Lewis talks mother's battle with HIV on 'CBS This Morning' - latimes
Lewis and his mother, Julie, talked to Ben Tracy about her initial diagnosis and her fear that she might have infected her ... To celebrate his mothers 30th year of survival, Lewis said that the first 30/30 Project health center will be built in a ... He also talked about the familys 30/30 Project, which supports the cause of making HIV treatment available in disadvantaged ... Wednesday morning, Ryan Lewis furthered that loving image by appearing with his mother on "CBS This Morning" to discuss her 30- ...
Hypertension in Expecting Mothers - Let's Talk Health
The treatment of pre-eclampsia concentrates on wellbeing of mother and preventing any kind of complications to mother and her ... Introducing Lets Talk Health, an initiative from Apollo Hospitals, where our endeavor is to share knowledge which you can use ... High BP can cause swelling in the brain of the mother and if unchecked can lead to brain haemorrhage. The same condition of ... This is probably due to the changes experienced by a mothers body because of the presence of a foetus. However, pre-eclampsia ...
Why are mothers still dying from childbirth? | Smart Talk | witf.org
Why are mothers still dying from childbirth? Smart Talk. Smart Talk provides a platform for lively and thoughtful conversation ... Listen to Smart Talk. 9-10am weekdays and a repeat at 7pm Coming Up on Smart Talk. Topics and tentative airdates Host: Scott ... What is killing these mothers? Are these deaths preventable? Appearing on Smart Talk to discuss factors affecting maternal ... Smart Talk. Earth Day Road Trip to Chars focuses on climate change Living with Autism Affordable housing in PA Alzheimers ...
Monologue: A Mother Gives Her 30-Something Daughter "The Talk." - McSweeney's Internet Tendency
... whats said during the Talk stays in the Talk. Bring your father into the loop, and well wind up with Mother-Father-Daughter ... Before you roll your eyes any harder, know that Ive taken careful notes since our last Mother-Daughter Talk, when your father ... This years Talk, though, is special. Because youre turning thirty-something soon, I figured it was high time we had it. ... Youll remember our first Talk, which took place on the sidewalk outside a Home Depot while your father was buying a lathe. I ...
Internet Talk Radio | In Search of Fertility - Single Mother by Adoption | WebTalkRadio.net
Charlottesville victim's mother refusing to talk to Donald Trump | BreakingNews.ie
The mother of a woman who was killed while demonstrating against a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, has ... Grieving mother says Conor McGregor should apologize to road victims over video. The mother of Jake Brennan who died after ... Mother of 13 children kept in filthy conditions perplexed at police interest. The mother of 13 children kept locked in filthy ... Susan Bro, the mother of Heather Heyer, said she initially missed the first few calls to her from the White House. ...
BILD talked with Gene Simmons about his mothers liberation from German concentration camp - Gene Simmons
BILD talked with Gene Simmons about his mothers liberation from German concentration camp. May 03, 2020 ... My Mother, Flora Klein was 14 years old when she was taken into the camps, along with the rest of our family. Only my Mother ... He also said that his mother hardly ever talked about her time in the concentration camps. "I knew almost nothing." ... "I lost my mother. My mentor. My moral compass," the KISS singer wrote, deeply saddened, when she died. He thinks of her and her ...
"Mother Earth": Holistic healer talks produce - The...
"Mother Earth": Holistic healer talks produce. November 3, 2015 4:26 pm 0. ... What was she talking about again? Right-produce.. Anyway, she really knows how to handle that kind of thing. After all, she ... Machuga is a modern-day witch doctor who cant sit still, talks in riddles and always wears a grin, as if she knows something ... Going one by one down the line, she talks about astrology during what may be her only down time this week (and I was ...
IST Austria | Plant mothers talk to their embryos via the hormone auxin
Plant mothers talk to their embryos via the hormone auxin. Scientists solve long-standing question about signal that regulates ... not least that the embryo develops in close connection with the mother. In animals, a whole network of signals from the mother ... When the researchers set up a cross between plants so that the mother does not produce auxin but the embryo does, the same ... "We show that the mother is the source of auxin which regulates early embryo development." Auxin is a hormone that plays many ...
Six mothers who lost their children to fentanyl and carfentanil talk about what needs to change | Watch News Videos Online
Watch Six mothers who lost their children to fentanyl and carfentanil talk about what needs to change Video Online, on ... Six mothers who lost their children to fentanyl and carfentanil talk about what needs to change ... United in grief and a determination to change the system, six mothers who have lost their children to opioids come together in ... Mothers losing children to fentanyl overdoses speak out on small community in crisis. ...
Yvonne Perry: "My Mother's Bipolar, So What Am I?" Let's talk!
A great book of short entertaining stories, which also shares some of lifes triumphs and troubles shared by all mothers of ... Dying and Afterlife is a book that address topics that many people are not comfortable talking about such as suicide, the near- ... "My Mothers Bipolar, So What Am I?" she also learned the power of writing from the heart. Our greatest creativity comes when ...
Letters from Otto von Waldstein talking about WWI and WWII and his mother's blindness. January 6, 1917
Gourmet magazine editor Ruth Reichl talks about her mother, her serotonin and the brown bananas in her freezer
She is talking to the Globe and Mails restaurant critic, Joanne Kates, about her most recent book (Not Becoming My Mother and ... Gourmet magazine editor Ruth Reichl talks about her mother, her serotonin and the brown bananas in her freezer. ... Gourmet magazine editor Ruth Reichl talks about her mother, her serotonin and the brown bananas in her freezer ... The mother in question has been a subject of amusement and introspection since Reichls first book, Tender at the Bone, ...
MOTHER Study Babies Thrive at Three Years; AT Forum Talks With Lead Authors - Addiction Treatment Forum
MOTHER Study Babies Thrive at Three Years; AT Forum Talks With Lead Authors. April 17, 2018. ... Mothers Had "Minimal to No" Substance Use The published article noted that the MOTHER sample was unique in that there was ... The Mother-Infant Dyad. "Too often, people want to separate the mother and infant dyad," Dr. Kaltenbach said. "They focus on ... Instead, she said, we need to provide for the mother and the infant together. "We need a healthy mother in order to have a ...
ERIC - A Longitudinal Study of Conflict and Inner State Talk in Children's Conversations with Mothers and Younger Siblings,...
... inner state talk (IST). Each measure was coded as a proportion of total talk, using transcripts from 57 three- to six-year-olds ... more often with younger siblings than with mothers; and (2) conflict was more strongly associated with talk about childrens ... At each time point: (1) children talked about inner states (especially others inner states) ... dyadic play with younger siblings and unstructured routine interactions with mothers). Frequencies of conflict and IST did not ...
Talk of the Day -- Touching stories unveiled as Mother's Day nears | Talk of the Day | FOCUS TAIWAN - CNA ENGLISH NEWS
Not only mothers are being cited for supporting their families in the midst of great adversity. Grandmothers and even a great- ... When Hsueh gave a pep talk at the award ceremony, telling other mothers that "there is no hardship that cannot be overcome," ... Talk of the Day -- Touching stories unveiled as Mothers Day nears. 2012/05/06 20:49:26 ... She said her only wish for Mothers Day is that all three of her young ones will grow up in safety and in good health. Four of ...
LoveShack.org Community Forums - Boyfriend's mother died, he pushed me away and now won't talk
Boyfriends mother died, he pushed me away and now wont talk. Im starting a new thread to focus on a specific issue not ... The next day, his mother died, and at first he did want to talk to me about everything and wanted me to be there with him, but ... The next day, his mother died, and at first he did want to talk to me about everything and wanted me to be there with him, but ... Something died when his mother died. His sorrow is overwhelming. You have not lost a parent. I have. I know what Im talking ...
Mother Trying To Attract Father's Attention To Daughter While He Is Busy Talking To Phone. Mother by FancyStudio
Mother by FancyStudio on VideoHive. Mother trying to attract fathers attention to daughter while he is busy talking to phone. ... Buy Mother Trying To Attract Fathers Attention To Daughter While He Is Busy Talking To Phone. ... Mother (Stock Footage) Mother Trying To Attract Fathers Attention To Daughter While He Is Busy Talking To Phone. Mother (Stock ... Mother trying to attract fathers attention to daughter while he is busy talking to phone. Mother indignanting. Professional ...
2018Children'sMother'sHardestChildrenBabiesDonald TrumpPregnantDeaths1983ChildBirthFamilyTrumpDaughterGiveBabyExclusion criteriaLoveYearsShareClimateChildbirthTimeResearchersEmbryoSurvivesCuriositySonsOccurFatherLivePregnancyNewsNonprofitWomenQueen motherFetusTeddyFathersMakeFeelFullShowPantsLifeYearForumUnlikeWomanLineTearsWorldHealthyPage
- This study examined developmental change and variation across social context in the quality of children's conversations, with a dual focus on (1) conflict and (2) inner state talk (IST). (ed.gov)
- and (2) conflict was more strongly associated with talk about children's own inner states within conversations with mothers (mean r = 0.46) than with younger siblings (mean r = 0.02). (ed.gov)
- These talks occur twice a year and take place at Seattle Children's main campus . (seattlechildrens.org)
- Celebrate the mothers in your life with Blue Mountain's Talking Mother's Day eCards. (bluemountain.com)
- NYM Curl Talk Gel-Let your curls do the talking with Not Your Mother's Curl Talk Frizz Control Sculpting Gel. (fredmeyer.com)
- Transcription for Letters from Otto von Waldstein talking about WWI and WWII and his mother's blindness. (afb.org)
- Following are excerpts of reports by major Taiwanese newspapers on these laudable mothers and their touching stories, to coincide with the approach of May 13, Mother's Day. (focustaiwan.tw)
- He told police he saw the men attack his mother, and when they left he bolted the door, took some money from his mother's purse and escaped. (sify.com)
- In addition to all of the nutrients flowing from mother to fetus, some of the developing child's cells pass back into the mother's body. (scientificamerican.com)
- One is something that mothers say to their children about pulling faces. (wikipedia.org)
- When talking to children about tragic events, understanding individual temperament can be a great help. (mothering.com)
- The mother of 13 children kept locked in filthy conditions was "perplexed" about why police came to their home. (breakingnews.ie)
- United in grief and a determination to change the system, six mothers who have lost their children to opioids come together in a moving conversation about what happened and what needs to change. (globalnews.ca)
- Hsueh was one of the 24 "self-strengthening" mothers selected from among 24,000 poor families that the Taiwan Fund for Children and Families has been supporting. (focustaiwan.tw)
- Mothers often get blamed for the way their children turn out, and a new study gives additional weight to that accusation. (juniorsbook.com)
- Research from the United Kingdom shows that the way mothers talk to their children at a young age influences their social skills later in childhood. (juniorsbook.com)
- The study, funded by the Economic and Social Research Council, found that children whose mothers often talked to them about people's feelings, beliefs, wants and intentions developed better social understanding than children whose mothers did not. (juniorsbook.com)
- In the first part of the study, mothers were asked to talk to their 3-year-old children about a series of pictures depicting scenes such as a child coming out of school looking happy and people waiting in line. (juniorsbook.com)
- Children whose mothers talked about the mental state of characters in the picture tended to perform better on social understanding tasks, the researchers found. (juniorsbook.com)
- The 12-year-olds, however, generally did as well as their mothers on social understanding tasks, indicating that children at this age can be as "socially sophisticated" as adults, the authors said. (juniorsbook.com)
- For example, they may show videotapes modeling the way mothers communicate "mental state" talk to children. (juniorsbook.com)
- When they began the study 14 years ago, researchers focused on mothers because it was difficult to find fathers who spent as much time at home with their young children. (juniorsbook.com)
- Weisman recommends to her patients that they use opportunities such as television shows and movies to talk to children about what the characters may be feeling as a result of the actions on screen. (juniorsbook.com)
- It's essential for both mothers and fathers to give children a vocabulary of feelings, said Dawn Huebner, a psychologist in Exeter, New Hampshire, who sees children ages 6 to 12. (juniorsbook.com)
- Children who showed the most sophisticated social skills in this study also behaved the most negatively toward their mothers in the team task of steering a model car around a race track. (juniorsbook.com)
- The finding underscores the need to not only talk about feelings and mental states but to also indicate to children how to deal with those feelings, she said. (juniorsbook.com)
- The film spends little time with the two as children, though, and we quickly jump forward to a time where the sons are now grown twentysomething men, played by Xavier Samuel and James Frecheville , and like their mothers they too share a close friendship. (collider.com)
- What the family planner cannot provide the mother with is an alibi to explain to her remaining children where the joyously awaited babe has gone. (haaretz.com)
- In 1963, while five weeks pregnant, Helfand's mother was prescribed diethylstilbestrol (DES), a drug used to prevent miscarriage that was later proven to cause reproductive malformations and cancers in the children of mothers who took it. (go.com)
- Context: Mothers living with HIV (MLH) and their children face predictable challenges: maintaining physical and mental health, parenting while ill, and addressing HIV-related stressors. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Many, perhaps all, people harbor a small number of cells from genetically different individuals--from their mothers and, for women who have been pregnant, from their children. (scientificamerican.com)
- The years-in-the-making conclusion to the story of exactly how Ted Mosby (Josh Radnor) met the mother of his children will finally come to its conclusion on Monday, March 31. (dailypress.com)
- PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - Federal immigration officials have released a Guatemalan mother of two young children after an outcry by her supporters in Rhode Island. (washingtontimes.com)
- Like any mother, she loves her children. (samoaobserver.ws)
- As a mother, I have to be strong for my family especially my children. (samoaobserver.ws)
- I know my role as a mother is to nurture our children so that they grow up and be successful where they will not encounter the hardships we are going through. (samoaobserver.ws)
- But a key question has confronted the addiction-treatment field for years: If mothers-to-be undergo MAT, will it affect their unborn babies? (atforum.com)
- If the MOTHER study babies have done so well, physically and mentally, why have other studies reported or suggested problems? (atforum.com)
- When she met U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama recently, Samela spoke about m2m's work helping to eliminate mother-to-child transmission of HIV, keeping mothers and babies healthy, and empowering women. (m2m.org)
- The family planner isn't the only one in my neighborhood who sees the mothers of Down syndrome babies as a charitable cause. (haaretz.com)
- Babies are controlling the way their mothers speak to them, according to a new Australian study. (abc.net.au)
- Adults have to engage in baby talk, regardless of the language they speak, so that babies can learn to talk like adults. (scientificamerican.com)
- Pre-eclampsia, if left untreated, can be detrimental to both the mother as well as the unborn child. (apollohospitals.com)
- The treatment of pre-eclampsia concentrates on wellbeing of mother and preventing any kind of complications to mother and her unborn child. (apollohospitals.com)
- You will hear about both today when Erica talks about adopting a child as a single mother. (webtalkradio.net)
- If someone is yelling at the supermarket, this is another chance to talk to a child about other people's feelings, she said. (juniorsbook.com)
- Breastmilk has long been understood to be a pathway towards long-term health for both mother and child. (lactspeak.com)
- How does such a mother feel when her neighbor welcomes gladly the smile of a son, the hug of a daughter, the glad exclamation of a child, "Hello, Grandmother. (lds.org)
- But Healthy Mother, Healthy Child is not just about yoga. (additudemag.com)
- The two squaws, calling at the cabin in the woods, are given food and lodging by the father and mother of the little child who had furnished Bright Eyes' child with a drink a few days before. (imdb.com)
- The data comes from the Norwegian Mother and Child Cohort Study (in Norwegian) which is one of the largest health studies in the world. (uia.no)
- Then, the family planner will put an ad in the local Orthodox paper, Yated Ne'eman, ("Wanted: Mother") to find a home for the child since the hospital extends its hospitality to healthy newborns for just one month. (haaretz.com)
- No one mentioned a wife, a child, a brother or sister, a mother or father. (psychologytoday.com)
- A hug from Mom can help soothe a stressed child, but new research shows that just hearing her voice can initiate the same biochemical responses-even if the mother is speaking over the phone. (scientificamerican.com)
- He is an only child and seems to have a bit of a mother obsession. (mumsnet.com)
- The mother and child were taken to Mountain View Hospital in Payson where "They are doing well," the hospital's communications director, Nate Black, told ABC News. (yahoo.com)
- It's not easy being the mother of a dead child. (therumpus.net)
- A picture that would be more unambiguously about the central/etymological concept (see below) of "mother" might show some animal giving birth or suckling young. (wiktionary.org)
- Whereas someone who's given birth (to live young) is more permanently considered a mother (even if her offspring dies later). (wiktionary.org)
- NEW YORK - When Dacheca Fleurimond decided to give birth at SUNY Downstate Medical Center earlier this year, her sister tried to talk her out of it. (propublica.org)
- Researchers have found that women who deliver at these so-called "black-serving" hospitals are more likely to have serious complications - from infections to birth-related embolisms to emergency hysterectomies - than mothers who deliver at institutions that serve fewer black women. (propublica.org)
- We understand talking about birth injuries can be very sensitive and emotional. (jmw.co.uk)
- We provide legal advice and representation to mothers who have suffered an injury as a result of a mistake by a medical professional before, during or after birth. (jmw.co.uk)
- Introducing Let's Talk Health , an initiative from Apollo Hospitals, where our endeavor is to share knowledge which you can use to keep yourself and your family fit & healthy. (apollohospitals.com)
- My Mother, Flora Klein was 14 years old when she was taken into the camps, along with the rest of our family. (genesimmons.com)
- After a mother leaves the hospital, her first stop before returning home - strangely empty-handed - is the ultra-Orthodox "family planner," a well-known figure who is a pillar of trust and discernment in such a matter. (haaretz.com)
- Helfand's ground-breaking film sprang from her video diary, which was shot from 1990 to 1995, and chronicles mother-daughter love, family renewal, survival, political awakening and community activism. (go.com)
- Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Billings manager Sue Poisson relies on getting the dirt from her mom - not really but her mother is the source of all family information. (sliferdesigns.com)
- Monologue: A Mother Gives Her 30-Something Daughter "The Talk. (mcsweeneys.net)
- Before you roll your eyes any harder, know that I've taken careful notes since our last Mother-Daughter Talk, when your father left the house for half an hour to buy a whole suckling piglet. (mcsweeneys.net)
- Bring your father into the loop, and we'll wind up with Mother-Father-Daughter Talk, which kind of sounds like an abomination. (mcsweeneys.net)
- Mother Trying To Attract Father's Attention To Daughter While He Is Busy Talking To Phone. (videohive.net)
- Mother-daughter relationships can be challenging, and I sensed that their journey together hasn't always been smooth. (wqad.com)
- There are activities every day and lots of people who want to meet her, but she's furious and dramatic, insulting me every time I talk to her, telling me what a horrible daughter I've been. (psychologytoday.com)
- The consequences were devastating for mother and daughter. (go.com)
- He said to give it some time and that we'd talk more. (loveshack.org)
- We never had a chance to talk about anything because I was trying to give him space to grieve. (loveshack.org)
- Treatment demonstrations follow the testimonial to give us a glimpse into the "Fairy Facial Mother" Cryo experience. (zimmerusa.com)
- The toast that I have to give is, 'Our mothers. (lds.org)
- When my mother tries to give me advice about dating , I shut her out. (psychologytoday.com)
- When bad mothers give us hope. (newsweek.com)
- Let's celebrate our mothers this weekend, share a laugh, enjoy a meal and give a gift that is as special as she is. (sliferdesigns.com)
- I feel that a simple mother-and-baby picture may be better, because that painting seems to suggest royalty/monarchy more than motherhood. (wiktionary.org)
- Mothers who entered the study early, and had urine test results that consistently showed no illicit drug use, could earn vouchers to use for baby supplies, household items, rental deposits, etc. (atforum.com)
- Not only do these messenger RNA communicate important genetic information to the baby via breastmilk, changes in the mothers body via mRNA occur during lactation responding to a new "mothering" focus during the period of lactation. (lactspeak.com)
- The book is organized into four parts: B.O.N.D. - Keys to Bonding B-Be-ing O-Observing N-Nourishing D-Deciding The keys relate to the concept of being able to B.O.N.D. This connection is imperative to the baby, the mother, and the partner for overall health and wellness. (lactspeak.com)
- The flavor, dubbed "Baby Gaga," is made from the breast milk of a mother from nearby Leeds , Madagascan vanilla pods and lemon zest, according to the International Business Times . (nydailynews.com)
- I watched Kathy's eyes beam with pride as Katy talked about her "triplets" - running 2 businesses and a baby that came all in the same year. (wqad.com)
- there are plenty of eager mothers willing to raise the baby, until it becomes too much of a burden and is passed to another home. (haaretz.com)
- She had miscarried in her third pregnancy and, like an estimated 5 million other white, middle-class mothers, was convinced she was giving her baby "the best prenatal care money could buy," Helfand said. (go.com)
- She would finally be a mother to a healthy baby girl. (go.com)
- A mother in Florida was arrested after allegedly cursing and throwing her 10-month-old baby against a wooden fence at about 6 p.m. on Saturday, May 11. (theepochtimes.com)
- Fund officials said motherly love is the "greatest force" in the world, a force that they said has been demonstrated by the 24 "sample" mothers. (focustaiwan.tw)
- My mother falls in love for the first time at 93. (psychologytoday.com)
- Daddy issues aren't at the center of a "How I Met Your Mother" spinoff so much as a need for a love story repository. (dailypress.com)
- If you liked this show, you should follow Dr Mother Love. (blogtalkradio.com)
- Listen in as Doctor Mother Love gives her insight on the Kidnapped Nigerian Girls in 2014. (blogtalkradio.com)
- Frustrated Obama obsessives, unable to believe that the rest of the country doesn't share their paranoid suspicion that the president has dark secrets lurking under his amiable exterior, have finally stooped to slurring his mother through the time-honored method of calling her a slut. (slate.com)
- After spending nine months intricately joined together, mother and infant share more than just common features. (scientificamerican.com)
- Global climate talks in Doha have ended with small steps forward, but none significantly curbs the world's greenhouse gas emission. (mnn.com)
- Even as warnings of the potentially catastrophic effects of global warming mounted, negotiators at global climate talks in Qatar made only modest steps toward halting warming as they came to an end over the weekend. (mnn.com)
- The talks at Doha started to relatively low expectations, said Travis Franck, senior scientist and policy analyst for the nongovernmental group Climate Interactive, who attended part of the conference. (mnn.com)
- The conversation concerned the fate of his mother during the Nazi time - a fate that was mostly unknown to him. (genesimmons.com)
- He also said that his mother hardly ever talked about her time in the concentration camps. (genesimmons.com)
- Going one by one down the line, she talks about astrology during what may be her only down time this week (and I was interrupting it). (udreview.com)
- I can't see it being practical for a full time working mother. (city-data.com)
- Each measure was coded as a proportion of total talk, using transcripts from 57 three- to six-year-olds, filmed at home at two time points (12 months apart) in two distinct contexts (dyadic play with younger siblings and unstructured routine interactions with mothers). (ed.gov)
- Finally, about a week after his birthday, he sent me an email that just said there's not a possibility of us getting back together, and that there needs to be considerable time and distance between us before we ever talk again. (loveshack.org)
- His mother told RFE/RL's Tatar-Bashkir Service that in the time he has spent at Guantanamo Bay, his wife has remarried and the son they had together, Yusuf, has grown up without a father. (rferl.org)
- Katy's mother Kathy recently joined the business as a full-time partner. (wqad.com)
- As every new mother knows, it will create an impression that time can never erase. (haaretz.com)
- In 2003, San Francisco Opera opened its 80th anniversary season with a new production of The Mother of Us All, Luana DeVol assuming the role of Susan B. Anthony for the first time. (wikipedia.org)
- When the researchers set up a cross between plants so that the mother does not produce auxin but the embryo does, the same defects in embryo development are seen - proving that auxin from the mother is the key developmental signal. (ist.ac.at)
- How smiles-and pouts-are helping researchers probe the essence of the complex mother-infant bond. (scientificamerican.com)
- While pregnancy in humans and seed development in plants look very different, parallels exist - not least that the embryo develops in close connection with the mother. (ist.ac.at)
- In animals, a whole network of signals from the mother is known to influence embryo development. (ist.ac.at)
- Plant scientists at the Institute of Science and Technology Austria (IST Austria), Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC) and the University of Freiburg have now found that a plant hormone, called auxin, from the mother is one of the signals that pattern the plant embryo. (ist.ac.at)
- Plant scientists have been trying to figure out the nature of the signal between mother and embryo for decades", explains Jiri Friml, Professor at IST Austria and one of the corresponding authors. (ist.ac.at)
- We show that the mother is the source of auxin which regulates early embryo development. (ist.ac.at)
- However, auxin is not the only maternal signal influencing the embryo, Friml explains: "When we stop the supply of auxin from the mother to the embryo, the embryo grows abnormally, but it still manages to develop somehow. (ist.ac.at)
- You'll remember our first Talk, which took place on the sidewalk outside a Home Depot while your father was buying a lathe. (mcsweeneys.net)
- I think I just heard your father in the kitchen, so I'll wrap up the Talk with this last remark: what's said during the Talk stays in the Talk. (mcsweeneys.net)
- Hearken unto thy father that begat thee," wrote Solomon, "and despise not thy mother when she is old. (lds.org)
- The director, Joel Gilbert, argues that Obama's real father is Frank Marshall Davis, a labor activist and poet, and that Davis took bondage photos of Obama's mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, that he then sold to nudie magazines. (slate.com)
- When my father has a stroke, at 50, my mother cries. (psychologytoday.com)
- Samela echoes that sentiment, "I hope that all first ladies reach out to the people and get to know how other mothers, less fortunate mothers, live their lives and do something to improve their well being. (m2m.org)
- I have tried to watch a single episode of Mother Angelica Live without falling asleep. (imdb.com)
- men who live with their mothers. (mumsnet.com)
- I ask the question because I am one of 4, and don't live with my parents anymore, and due to my age, wonder if this relationship can go anywhere while mother is still so important. (mumsnet.com)
- Men who live with their mothers at such an age (for whatever reason and I note too that his dad is still around) are not relationship material at all and its really not going anywhere. (mumsnet.com)
- I live with my mother. (yahoo.com)
- Mother Book by Dentsu Japan is a pregnancy diary with stunning, dynamic design. (slate.com)
- The Mother Book from Japan is a handcrafted pregnancy diary with a sophisticated, dynamic design that allows its belly to grow along with the expectant mother who uses it. (slate.com)
- Mothers who eat a diet of fruits and berries, whole grains, potatoes, root vegetables, fish and low-fat dairy products have a healthier weight development after pregnancy, research shows. (uia.no)
- Many mothers struggle to get back their pre-pregnancy weight. (uia.no)
- MOTHER EARTH NEWS evaluating the best garden soil tests for 1985. (motherearthnews.com)
- There came to mind the grief-stricken mother of each fallen man as she held in her hand the news of her precious son's supreme sacrifice. (lds.org)
- In news that has prompted an outcry from film geeks across the Internet, indie darling Greta Gerwig has been cast in the pilot for CBS' "How I Met Your Mother" spinoff, "How I Met Your Dad. (dailypress.com)
- The Mother she meant is motherwort, a locally common weed and a treasured ally to women stressed by menopausal problems. (wisewomantradition.com)
- A ProPublica analysis shows that women who deliver at hospitals that disproportionately serve black mothers are at a higher risk of harm. (propublica.org)
- Just yesterday two women were whispering about her, how she doesn't talk, and she finally drew herself up and said, "I can hear you, you know, and I most certainly do talk," and then they were quiet. (psychologytoday.com)
- Women talk about everything and anything. (psychologytoday.com)
- Women talk freely about their troubles personnel or personal. (psychologytoday.com)
- Do Women Talk Like Little Girls? (psychologytoday.com)
- Following her first stroke on 5 Sep 2001, Mother Angelica returns to taping her show twice a week on 25 Sep 2001. (imdb.com)
- Rivers was the man of this night, putting on a show of shows in the third quarter en route to a playoff career-high 25 points that sparked the Clippers to a 124-99 Game 3 thumping of the Rockets on Friday night at Staples Center. (latimes.com)
- or in my case, talking about how holistic healing changed her life while she digs in her worn jean pockets for quarters at the Newark Laundromat. (udreview.com)
- More Than Meets the Eye: True Stories about Death, Dying and Afterlife is a book that address topics that many people are not comfortable talking about such as suicide, the near-death experience, end of life decisions, and euthanasia. (blogspot.com)
- He said that maybe he should be alone for the rest of his life - but this may just be grief talking, perhaps fear of losing another person he loves. (loveshack.org)
- A long-term agreement is on the horizon, based on a decision made last year at talks in Durban. (mnn.com)
- During her trip to launch Hamlin Fistula USA -the newest member of Hamlin Fistula International -87-year-old Hamlin sat down with me to talk. (christianitytoday.com)
- Wednesday morning, Ryan Lewis furthered that loving image by appearing with his mother on "CBS This Morning" to discuss her 30-year battle with HIV. (latimes.com)
- WATTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A vigil was held Thursday night for 2-year-old twin boys who died in a house fire in Watts, and their mother talked about her loss. (abc7.com)
- Now his mother, 75-year-old Zuhra Waliullina, says she has lost hope of ever seeing her son again. (rferl.org)
- Their experiences have struck fear in Mingazov, whose mother told RFE/RL last year that he was afraid to come home. (rferl.org)
- A 17-year-old boy in Britain was on Tuesday found guilty of stabbing his mother 94 times after he lost his temper. (sify.com)
- The character is portrayed as a goose, rather than the woman of the Mother Goose stories. (wikipedia.org)
- I understand the visceral reaction - drinking milk from a woman other than your mother is a pretty big taboo in many cultures. (nydailynews.com)
- In one of our training programs, one woman said she talked to her sister on the phone for an hour, and when she was done, her husband exclaimed, "You just talked to your sister about nothing for an hour! (psychologytoday.com)
- Roland Orzabal While America saw "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" as the first single release from the Songs from the Big Chair LP, "Mothers Talk" was eventually released there as the fourth and final single from the album in April 1986, peaking at no. 27 on the Billboard Hot 100. (wikipedia.org)
- The United Nations talks' modest progress contrasted with the simultaneous alarms related to global warming, ranging from extreme events - most recently, the Bopha typhoon in the Philippines and Hurricane Sandy along the U.S. East Coast - to reports, such as one from the World Bank , which outlined the havoc a 7.2-degree Fahrenheit (4-degree Celsius) increase in global temperatures would wreak. (mnn.com)
- He also talked about the family's 30/30 Project, which supports the cause of making HIV treatment available in disadvantaged communities around the world. (latimes.com)
- With Hector, Worlds of Wonder finally came into the world of nursery rhymes, with Hector being the main character and Mother Goose being the supporting narrator. (wikipedia.org)
- There is no stopping the high-tech transformation of the world economy -- except by Mother Nature, of course, with one of her standard cataclysms (a perennial Paglia prophecy). (salon.com)
- Label: New World Records Virgil Thomson: The Mother of Us All - Noragh Devlin (as Susan B. Anthony), Scott Russell (Daniel Webster), Alexander Frankel (Jo the Loiterer), Addison Hamilton (Constance Fletcher), Carlton Moe (John Adams), et al. (wikipedia.org)
- The vision of Mother Raw is rooted in the company's belief that what goes on plants and veggies should be as healthy as plants and veggies. (edmontonsun.com)
- For whatever reasons his mother has never let her darling boy actually grow up and they are actively dependent on one another, theirs is not a healthy relationship at all but an unhealthy and dysfunctional one. (mumsnet.com)