The group of celestial bodies, including the EARTH, orbiting around and gravitationally bound by the sun. It includes eight planets, one minor planet, and 34 natural satellites, more than 1,000 observed comets, and thousands of lesser bodies known as MINOR PLANETS (asteroids) and METEOROIDS. (From Academic American Encyclopedia, 1983)
Chemical and physical transformation of the biogenic elements from their nucleosynthesis in stars to their incorporation and subsequent modification in planetary bodies and terrestrial biochemistry. It includes the mechanism of incorporation of biogenic elements into complex molecules and molecular systems, leading up to the origin of life.
The interdisciplinary science that studies evolutionary biology, including the origin and evolution of the major elements required for life, their processing in the interstellar medium and in protostellar systems. This field also includes the study of chemical evolution and the subsequent interactions between evolving biota and planetary evolution as well as the field of biology that deals with the study of extraterrestrial life.
Coroners and Medical Examiners
An alkaloid ester extracted from the leaves of plants including coca. It is a local anesthetic and vasoconstrictor and is clinically used for that purpose, particularly in the eye, ear, nose, and throat. It also has powerful central nervous system effects similar to the amphetamines and is a drug of abuse. Cocaine, like amphetamines, acts by multiple mechanisms on brain catecholaminergic neurons; the mechanism of its reinforcing effects is thought to involve inhibition of dopamine uptake.
A class of statistical methods applicable to a large set of probability distributions used to test for correlation, location, independence, etc. In most nonparametric statistical tests, the original scores or observations are replaced by another variable containing less information. An important class of nonparametric tests employs the ordinal properties of the data. Another class of tests uses information about whether an observation is above or below some fixed value such as the median, and a third class is based on the frequency of the occurrence of runs in the data. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed, p1284; Corsini, Concise Encyclopedia of Psychology, 1987, p764-5)
The purified, alkaloidal, extra-potent form of cocaine. It is smoked (free-based), injected intravenously, and orally ingested. Use of crack results in alterations in function of the cardiovascular system, the autonomic nervous system, the central nervous system, and the gastrointestinal system. The slang term "crack" was derived from the crackling sound made upon igniting of this form of cocaine for smoking.
Miller Fisher Syndrome
A variant of the GUILLAIN-BARRE SYNDROME characterized by the acute onset of oculomotor dysfunction, ataxia, and loss of deep tendon reflexes with relative sparing of strength in the extremities and trunk. The ataxia is produced by peripheral sensory nerve dysfunction and not by cerebellar injury. Facial weakness and sensory loss may also occur. The process is mediated by autoantibodies directed against a component of myelin found in peripheral nerves. (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p1313; Neurology 1987 Sep;37(9):1493-8)
Condition in which no acceleration, whether due to gravity or any other force, can be detected by an observer within a system. It also means the absence of weight or the absence of the force of gravity acting on a body. Microgravity, gravitational force between 0 and 10 -6 g, is included here. (From NASA Thesaurus, 1988)
Sleep Apnea Syndromes
Disorders characterized by multiple cessations of respirations during sleep that induce partial arousals and interfere with the maintenance of sleep. Sleep apnea syndromes are divided into central (see SLEEP APNEA, CENTRAL), obstructive (see SLEEP APNEA, OBSTRUCTIVE), and mixed central-obstructive types.
Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats
Adaptive antiviral defense mechanisms, in archaea and bacteria, based on DNA repeat arrays called CLUSTERED REGULARLY INTERSPACED SHORT PALINDROMIC REPEATS (CRISPR elements) that function in conjunction with CRISPR-ASSOCIATED PROTEINS (Cas proteins). Several types have been distinguished, including Type I, Type II, and Type III, based on signature motifs of CRISPR-ASSOCIATED PROTEINS.
Inverted Repeat Sequences
Copies of nucleic acid sequence that are arranged in opposing orientation. They may lie adjacent to each other (tandem) or be separated by some sequence that is not part of the repeat (hyphenated). They may be true palindromic repeats, i.e. read the same backwards as forward, or complementary which reads as the base complement in the opposite orientation. Complementary inverted repeats have the potential to form hairpin loop or stem-loop structures which results in cruciform structures (such as CRUCIFORM DNA) when the complementary inverted repeats occur in double stranded regions.
Sweet food products combining cane or beet sugars with other carbohydrates and chocolate, milk, eggs, and various flavorings. In the United States, candy refers to both sugar- and cocoa-based confections and is differentiated from sweetened baked goods; elsewhere the terms sugar confectionary, chocolate confectionary, and flour confectionary (meaning goods such as cakes and pastries) are used.
Abnormal cardiac rhythm that is characterized by rapid, uncoordinated firing of electrical impulses in the upper chambers of the heart (HEART ATRIA). In such case, blood cannot be effectively pumped into the lower chambers of the heart (HEART VENTRICLES). It is caused by abnormal impulse generation.
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (U.S.)
Component of the NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH. It conducts and supports research program related to diseases of the heart, blood vessels, lung, and blood; blood resources; and SLEEP WAKE DISORDERS. From 1948 until October 10, 1969, it was known as the National Heart Institute. From June 25, 1976, it was the National Heart and Lung Institute. Since October 1997, the NHLBI has also had administrative responsibility for the NIH Woman's Health Initiative.
3,7-Dimethylxanthine. The principle alkaloid in Theobroma cacao (the cacao bean) and other plants. A xanthine alkaloid that is used as a bronchodilator and as a vasodilator. It has a weaker diuretic activity than THEOPHYLLINE and is also a less powerful stimulant of smooth muscle. It has practically no stimulant effect on the central nervous system. It was formerly used as a diuretic and in the treatment of angina pectoris and hypertension. (From Martindale, The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 30th ed, pp1318-9)
Aczel's anti-foundation axiom
A set theory obeying this axiom is necessarily a non-well-founded set theory. An accessible pointed graph is a directed graph ... Goertzel, Ben (1994). "Self-Generating Systems". Chaotic Logic: Language, Thought and Reality From the Perspective of Complex ... Non-well-founded sets. CSLI Lecture Notes. 14. Stanford, CA: Stanford University, Center for the Study of Language and ... Journal of Intelligent Information Systems. 6 (1): 5-31. CiteSeerX 10.1.1.49.6800. doi:10.1007/BF00712384.. ...
History of virtual learning environments in the 1990s
GeoMetrix Data Systems founded. They produce the learning management system called TrainingPartner. [LearnFrame] of Draper, ... TUSK is a combination learning management system, content/knowledge management system and course management system. The system ... a competency management system, an assessment system, and a training management system. The University of Lincoln and ... access to system libraries, authentication for system security (Kerberos), naming-for linking system components together ( ...
1980 in aviation
Ballistic Recovery Systems is founded. Summer 1980 - The British Aerospace Sea Harrier enters operational service with the ... airport security screening system. January 28 - A hijacker commandeers a Middle East Airlines Boeing 720 flying from Baghdad, ... consisting of four E-3A Sentry Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) aircraft, two KC-135 Stratotanker tanker aircraft, ...
"Hoffman Video Systems". Company Founding. Akama.com. Retrieved 2013-02-21. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) " ... Hoffman found large quantities of yellow Plexiglas used in aircraft. Since it was low price he bought large quantities. However ... Hoffman Video Systems was the only segment of Hoffman Electronics Corporation that remained with the Les Hoffman legacy. Les ... It became a standard navigation system used in U.S. military aircraft, including the U.S. Space Shuttle program. Parts of TACAN ...
Samuel D. Waksal
Waksal founded ImClone Systems in 1984. The company was engaged in several research and development projects before filing its ... Samuel D. "Sam" Waksal (born September 8, 1947) is the founder and former CEO of the biopharmaceutical company ImClone Systems ...
Arthur Whitney (computer scientist)
In 1993, Whitney left Morgan Stanley and co-founded Kx Systems with Janet Lustgarten, to commercialize his k programming ... McDonald, Clare (June 1, 2011). "Janet Lustgarten, CEO at Kx Systems, on Shampoo Apps, Databases and Founding Her Own Company ... and for co-founding the U.S. companies Kx Systems and Shakti Software. Whitney studied pure mathematics at the graduate level ... At the outset of the contract Whitney developed the kdb database built on k. In 2003, Kx Systems released q, a new vector ...
Aylett, founded by A.F. Holleman; continued by Egon Wiberg; translated by Mary Eagleson, William Brewer; revised by Bernhard J ... Weidman, S. W.; Kaiser, E. T. (December 1966). "The Mechanism of the Periodate Oxidation of Aromatic Systems. III. A Kinetic ... ISBN 012126601X.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link) Hill, Arthur E. (October 1928). "Ternary Systems. VII. The ...
Timeline of the open-access movement
Public Knowledge Project founded in Canada. Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition founded in North America. ... Open Journal Systems free software published. SPARC Europe established to promote open access in Europe. 2002 14 February: ... 2004 UK Digital Curation Centre founded. Bielefeld Academic Search Engine launched by Bielefeld University, Germany. Publisher ... Confederation of Open Access Repositories founded. 2010 "Beall's list" of predatory open access publishers begins circulating. ...
Comet Systems was founded in 1997. Its most famous product, Comet Cursor, was released the same year for free. When installed, ... Comet Cursor was a software program written by Comet Systems. It allowed users of the Microsoft Windows operating system to ...
In February 2005, he founded the company iVALET Systems Inc. to develop an advanced parking system. On November 3, 2006, Alex ... "About us". iVALET Systems: About us. Archived from the original on 2006-05-09. Retrieved 2006-05-12. "Alex Garden joins Nexon ... In 2016 Garden founded Zume Pizza. Keefer, John (March 31, 2006). "GameSpy Retro: Developer Origins". p. 6. Archived from the ... Alex Garden is the CEO of Vancouver-based game developer Relic Entertainment, which he co-founded with Luke Moloney and 5 other ...
December 10 - Cisco Systems is founded. December 19 - The People's Republic of China and United Kingdom sign the Sino-British ... The Bell System in the United States is broken up. January 7 - Brunei becomes the sixth member of the Association of Southeast ... June 20 - The biggest exam shake-up in the British education system in over 10 years is announced, with O-level and CSE exams ... His dead body is found in a reservoir 11 days later on October 30. October 20 - Monterey Bay Aquarium is opened to the public ...
This system is currently in operation in Taiwan. NetSys was founded as Network Systems. The name was changed in 1988 to a ... The CoreMet system of UK NATS at the Heathrow communication centre is an example of such a site. This system is also ... Many airports require a larger and integrated system. Normally this involves connecting a number of fringe systems and ... NetSys was founded for the purpose of developing network communications equipment and automatic message switching systems. The ...
Carmel High School (Mundelein, Illinois)
"Page Not Found". ihsa.org. Retrieved 16 July 2015. Cite uses generic title (help) Lissau, Russell (24 June 2009), "Director of ... "System - Error 404". www.carmelhs.org. Retrieved 3 April 2019. Berger, Susan. "School gets 4th Blue Ribbon: Carmel Catholic is ... "System - Error 404". www.carmelhs.org. Retrieved 3 April 2019. NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement ... Only four other high schools nationwide have won the award four times." "System - Error 404". www.carmelhs.org. Retrieved 3 ...
ISBN 978-1-85628-087-7., no reviews found. Ncube, Mthuli; Ndou, Eliphas (2013). Monetary Policy and the Economy in South Africa ... ISBN 978-1-920334-02-4. Ncube, Mthuli (2008). Financial Systems and Monetary Policy in Africa. Nairobi, Kenya: African Economic ... ISBN 978-0-7962-3386-8., no reviews found. Wuite, Rudy (2009). Ncube, Mthuli (ed.). South African Dictionary of Finance. ... ISBN 978-9966-778-30-7., no reviews found. Ncube, Mthuli (1991). Development Dynamics: Theories and Lessons from Zimbabwe. ...
Patni Computer Systems was founded in 1976. This marked the beginning of an evolution in Patni's model from offshore data ... Narendra Kumar Patni (9 March 1942 - 3 June 2014) was an entrepreneur and IT visionary who founded Patni Computer Systems and ... "Patni Computer Systems History , Patni Computer Systems Information - The Economic Times". economictimes.indiatimes.com. ... "systems analysis approach to complex corporate systems" In 1972, Patni was president of Forrester Consulting Group, which ...
Edwin Thompson Jaynes
December 1973). "The Well-Posed Problem" (PDF). Found. Phys. 3 (4): 477-492. Bibcode:1973FoPh....3..477J. doi:10.1007/ ... September 1968). "Prior Probabilities" (PDF). IEEE Transactions on Systems Science and Cybernetics. 4 (3): 227-241. doi:10.1109 ...
Franke Coffee Systems UK are based in St Albans, Hertfordshire and sell and service bean-to-cup, pod and traditional style ... In 2012, the Franke Group had a total turnover of CHF 2,012.4 million. Hermann Franke founded a sheet metal ... Sissons were one of the first companies to manufacture stainless steel sinks in the 1930s, and were founded in Sheffield, ... Production of components for propulsion systems began. Franke saw its first foreign investment in Germany and by 1955 had 500 ...
In 1995, he founded Brocade Communications Systems. Neiman served as a lead investor and board member of various broadband ... Neiman was a system architect at Maxitron Corporation in Marin County during the mid-1980s, and then Vice President of Product ... He has been Chairman of the Board of eSilicon Corporation since 2011, and a Director at AlephCloud Systems Inc. since 2013. He ... history, 1994 Dahlgren Control Systems acquisition "Seth Neiman". Web page bio. Venture Beat. Archived from the original on ...
Vernon L. Grose
Grose founded Omega Systems Group in 1995. He served as the chairman of the organization from 1981-83, and again from 1986 to ... During this time, he taught classes in Risk Management, System Safety, Medical Risk, Systems Management. In 1981, he was ... Omega Systems Group is known for developing management risk methodology for use by organizations in a variety of fields. Under ... The system has been used by AT&T, Exxon, NASA, and the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority. (need details and ...
He co-founded his first company, Cambridge Interactive Systems Ltd. (CIS) in 1977. CIS was part of what became known as 'The ... Newell co-founded Smallworld Systems in 1988. The company was successfully floated, on NASDAQ in 1996 and was subsequently sold ... Newell held the position of Chairman of both CIS and Smallworld Systems. He is currently a Non-Executive Director of ... and Geographic Information Systems (GIS). Newell holds degrees in Civil Engineering and Numerical Analysis and a PhD in ...
Xie's grandson Ming Hsieh founded Cogent Systems. 民國人物小傳11，傳記文學出版社，1981年 劉壽林等編，民國職官年表，北京：中華書局，1995年
German Aerospace Center
Other German space organizations include the Institut für Raumfahrtsysteme (IRS; Institute for Space Systems), founded in 1970 ... "Institute of System Dynamics and Control". Retrieved 14 February 2018. "Institute Networked Energy Systems". Retrieved 18 ... the Institute of Space Systems (German: Institut für Raumfahrtsysteme) was founded in Bremen on 26 January 2007. In the future ... Institute of Flight Systems Engineering Institute of Transportation Systems Institute of Software Engineering German-Dutch Wind ...
Ladd founded Concord Media Systems in 1991. That company was the Assignee for US Utility Patent 5355161, an "Identification ... The three-piece system included a video recording unit, a nine-inch monitor and a Concord video camera. Ladd said the system ... Its unique drive system employed the turntable platter as the rotor of the motor. With no electrical connections to the rotor, ... The system retailed for $1500 (equivalent to $11,820 in 2019). In 1968, Ladd sold Concord Electronics to the New York based ...
Millersport was founded in 1833. The community was named for its founder, Stephen McDonald Miller. Millersport is located at 38 ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Millersport, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological ... ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3. This village was founded in 1833... Wilson, George R. (1910). History of Dubois County from Its ...
Florida was founded in 1856. It likely took its name from the state of Florida. A post office was established at Florida in ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Florida, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological ...
Goshen Primitive Baptist Church
The congregation was founded in 1792. Its brick church building was built in c.1850. It was added to the National Register of ... "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. March 13, 2009. "Kentucky ...
Tularosa Original Townsite District
Tularosa was founded in 1862. Architecture: Pueblo, California Bungalow Historic function: Domestic Historic subfunction: ... "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. November 2, 2013. Ellen ...
Tennessee Manufacturing Company
The company was founded by Samuel Morgan. The buildings have been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since June ... "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. July 9, 2010. "National ...
National Register of Historic Places listings in Erie County, Ohio
"Found! A.B. Wayne". Ohio Shipwrecks. Retrieved 8 April 2018. Location of boundary increase derived from the area figure, which ... "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. April 24, 2008. The eight- ... which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to ... digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, ...
The station was founded in 2000; however, it did not begin broadcasting until August 15, 2004. The station's digital signal is ... multiplexed: "Assignments". Licensing and Management System. Federal Communications Commission. March 31, 2021. Retrieved April ...
GENESIS, a general neural simulation system.. Conferences. *Computational and Systems Neuroscience (COSYNE) - a ... Blue Brain, a project founded by Henry Markram from the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, aims to construct a ... Abbott, L. F.; Dayan, Peter (2001). Theoretical neuroscience: computational and mathematical modeling of neural systems. ... Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS)- a leading annual conference covering other machine learning topics as well. ...
Socialist Sunday School
Founded in 1892, the Workmen's Circle was reorganized in 1901 and had grown to a membership of 6,700 by 1905. By 1924 the ... That the present social system is devoid of the elements of love or justice, since, as an organisation, it ignores the claims ... In tandem with the Socialist Party of America's network of Sunday Schools there existed a system of radical Sunday Schools ... during which the ills of the capitalist system and the proposed alternative of socialism were expounded. An 1888 front page ...
Ariosa v. Sequenom
T]he panel's decision striking down Sequenom's noninvasive prenatal test strikes at the very heart of the patent system. ... And patent challengers, empowered by convincing PR spin and misdirection about harm to patients, have found all too sympathetic ... 101 progressively weakens the patent system, especially in the life sciences. And each case seems to present a new low in terms ... "adequately promote the fundamental policies underlying the patent system," and she asks: Would innovators find that scope of ...
This article has been nominated to be checked for its neutrality. Discussion of this nomination can be found on the talk page. ... A clinician user of NIR HEG, Jeffrey Carmen, adapted Toomim's system for migraines in 2002 by integrating peripheral thermal ... This section has been nominated to be checked for its neutrality. Discussion of this nomination can be found on the talk page. ... NIR was found to have a greater impact on attention, while PIR had greater efficacy in the realms of emotional regulation and ...
Lady Margaret Beaufort
As Somerset was a tenant-in-chief of the crown, the wardship of his heir fell to the crown under the feudal system. Somerset ... A copy of her signature can be found carved on one of the buildings (4 staircase, 1994) within the College. In 1511, St. John's ... She is credited with the establishment of two prominent Cambridge colleges, founding Christ's College in 1505 and beginning the ... where she also founded two colleges, one dedicated to Christ, and the other to St John, the Evangelist." ...
"The Johns Hopkins Hospital, and Johns Hopkins Health System.. *^ de Jong T, Bannink N, Bredero-Boelhouwer HH, van Veelen ML, ... Biomechanical factors include fetal head constraint during pregnancy. It has been found by Jacob et al. that constraint ... Blount JP, Louis RG, Tubbs RS, Grant JH (October 2007). "Pansynostosis: a review". Child's Nervous System. 23 (10): 1103-9. doi ... Renier D, Lajeunie E, Arnaud E, Marchac D (November 2000). "Management of craniosynostoses". Child's Nervous System. 16 (10-11 ...
Some have argued that particular patterns she found may be only a part or a subset of the whole cultures. For example, David ... Doi stated that this claim clearly implies the former value system is inferior to the latter one. ... Americans found themselves unable to comprehend matters in Japanese culture. For instance, Americans considered it quite ... Other Japanese who have read this work, according to Margaret Mead, found it on the whole accurate but somewhat "moralistic". ...
"The acreage of swamps and bottomlands ... found in the Galveston Bay system ... [is] about 36,000 acres...". Eubanks (2006), p ... Houston is buffered by Galveston Island - which sits in the way of the surge - and the bay system. Spinner, Kate (May 31, 2009 ... Baytown's climate is classified as humid subtropical (Cfa in Köppen climate classification system). Spring supercell ... In 1916, the Humble Oil and Refining Company, founded by one-time Texas governor Ross S. Sterling and his associates, in ...
Charles Putnam founded a trading post at the site in 1861. It became known as Putnam's, and later Little Pine from the ... a b U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Independence, California ...
Holy Roman Empire
Cities that were founded in the 12th century include Freiburg, possibly the economic model for many later cities, and Munich. ... The Golden Bull also set forth the system for election of the Holy Roman Emperor. The emperor now was to be elected by a ... The founding territories retained their separate governance codes and laws. In 1519, already reigning as Carlos I in Spain, ... Each of the affiliated cities retained the legal system of its sovereign and, with the exception of the Free imperial cities, ...
I've already tried with that IP editor, but it seems they are set on gaming the system. Boomer VialHolla! We gonna ball! ... in the space of two hours I found four more, surely you'd just say "at least"! But I guess that is the state of journalism (or ...
Type 2 diabetes
"In Lee M (ed.). Basic Skills in Interpreting Laboratory Data (5th ed.). Bethesda, MD: American Society of Health-System ... A 2016 systematic review found potential harm to treating to targets lower than 140 mmHg, and a subsequent review in 2019 ... Rosiglitazone, a thiazolidinedione, has not been found to improve long-term outcomes even though it improves blood sugar levels ... Diseases of the endocrine system (ICD-10 Chapter IV: Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases - Endocrine diseases, E00- ...
In the Nordic System of labour market regulation, the government's legislative role is limited in the same way as in the Anglo- ... Several studies have found evidence that trade unions can reduce competitiveness due to a reduction of business profit, which ... Saxon system. However, in contrast to the countries in the Anglo-Saxon system category, this is a much more widespread network ... In the Baltic states trade unions were the part of the Soviet Union trade union system and closely connected with the party in ...
Liquefied natural gas
"An innovative vision for LNG Fuel System for MD Diesel Dual Fuel Engine(DDF+LNG)" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on ... which found that the proposed natural gas export project could be built and operated safely. Another LNG terminal is ... "THREE-POINT SYSTEM COMPARES US LNG EXPORT PROJECTS". 2012-12-03. Archived from the original on 12 February 2015. Retrieved 17 ... "LNG Tank System Analysis". Archived from the original on 22 May 2015. Retrieved 17 April 2015.. ...
Cage Rage Championships
The 10-point must system is use for all Cage Rage fights; three judges score each round and the winner of each receives ten ... Andy Geer Left the group he founded in April 2008, and was replaced by former King of the Cage boss Christopher Cordeiro. ...
Other magnet schools select all students who apply or use a lottery system, or a system combining some elements of competitive ... With a wide range of magnet schools available, a suitable program could be found for more children than only the "bright" ones ... In the U.S. education system, magnet schools are public schools with specialized courses or curricula. "Magnet" refers to how ... One approach that educators within the public school system came up with was open schools. During the Open Schools movement of ...
Carnivorous mammals have a simple digestive tract because the proteins, lipids and minerals found in meat require little in the ... Young babies eat pureed baby foods because they have few teeth and immature digestive systems. Between 8 and 12 months of age, ... "Ghrelin, Hormone That Stimulates Appetite, Found To Be Higher In PWS". Archived from the original on 31 May 2012. Retrieved 29 ... By 18 months, babies often have enough teeth and a sufficiently mature digestive system to eat the same foods as adults. ...
Arya Samaj in Singapore
... has existed in Singapore since 1927 and runs Hindi classes at its premises through the Dayanand Anglo-Vedic Schools System.[ ... Founding of modern Singapore (1819-1826). *Straits Settlements (1826-1942). *Japanese occupation (1942-1945) ...
Fludd also wrote against The Tillage of Light (1623) of Patrick Scot; Scot like Mersenne found the large claims of hermetic ... his memory system (which she describes in detail in The Art of Memory, pp. 321-341) may reflect the layout of Shakespeare's ... Much of Fludd's writing, and his pathology of disease, centered around the sympathies found in nature between man, the ... he was also a believer that real wisdom was to be found in the writings of natural magicians. His view of these mystical ...
Harold E. Palmer
He founded the Institute's Bulletin. In 1935, he was awarded D.Litt. by Tokyo Imperial University. In 1936, he returned to ... Palmer, H. E. (1927). Specimen of One Complete Unit in the Reader System. Tokyo, Institute for Research in English Teaching. ...
"Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.. *^ "Calipatria (city) QuickFacts". United States Census ... The Imperial Valley Farm Lands Association founded the town as Date City in 1914. The first post office at Calipatria opened ... According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Calipatria has a hot desert climate, abbreviated "Bwh" on climate maps.[ ... and was founded by Irish American and Irish Mexican soldiers, who deserted both in the Mexican-American War (1850's) and from ...
N ratios are much higher in terrestrial systems while N:P ratios are equal between the two systems. Mineral ... Ecologists employ stoichiometry to analyze the ratios of the main elements found in all organisms: carbon (C), nitrogen (N), ... Another name for food web is consumer-resource system. Ecologists can broadly lump all life forms into one of two categories ... Elton organized species into functional groups, which formed the basis for the trophic system of classification in Raymond ...
United States Merchant Marine Academy
Marine Engineering Systems, and Marine Engineering and Shipyard Management, graduates are also qualified to sit for the ... Instrumental in overseeing founding of Academy. *United States Merchant Marine. *United States Maritime Service ... Marine engineering students learn about the function of the ship's engines and its supporting systems. These majors lead to the ... The three "Engine Majors" are Marine Engineering, Marine Engineering Systems, and Marine Engineering and Shipyard Management. ...
They started to test L-735,524 on animals a couple months later and found that it was safe for animals. Consequently, the ... Because of its limited supply, Merck decided to adopt a single distributor system in which they would send indinavir to only ... Because the company used a single distributor system to sell their drugs, the retail price was marked up 37% by the pharmacy ... and they did not have enough supplies to sell it through a normal distributor system. Activists protested against this price ...
Metropolitan State Hospital (Massachusetts)
Founded in 1927, it was at one time the largest and most modern facility of its type in Massachusetts. It was closed in ... after the Kirkbride Plan and the cottage/colony system. It also reflected the advent of roads rather than railroads as major ... The Metropolitan State Hospital's founding originated in legislation passed by the state in 1900, mandating that the state take ... "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.. .mw-parser-output cite. ...
"An alternative medical system is a set of practices based on a philosophy different from Western biomedicine." ... 2.5 billion spent, no alternative cures found". Alternative Medicine. NBCNews.com. Associated Press. 2009-06-10.. ... Unscientific belief systems. Alternative medicine, such as using naturopathy or homeopathy in place of conventional medicine, ... Boundaries within CAM and between the CAM domain and the domain of the dominant system are not always sharp or fixed." ...
Making Waves (software)
... the original programmer and developer of Making Waves as well as a founding director of Perceptive Solutions, Spacehead Systems ... "Stephen John Steele, Director, Perceptive Solutions, Making Waves Software and Spacehead Systems Limited", OpenCorporates, UK, ...
... s are a family of proteins found in complexes with cadherin cell adhesion molecules of animal cells. The first two ... On the other hand, some treatment concepts involve upregulating the E-cadherin/catenin adhesion system to prevent disruptions ... Hirohashi S, Kanai Y (July 2003). "Cell adhesion system and human cancer morphogenesis". Cancer Sci. 94 (7): 575-81. doi: ... is to use inhibitors of Ras activation in order to enhance the functionality of these adhesion systems. Other catenin, cadherin ...
An example of clastic environment would be a river system in which the full range of grains being transported by the moving ... Clay mineral groups are mostly present in mudrocks (comprising more than 60% of the minerals) but can be found in other ... Chemical cements vary in abundance but are predominantly found in sandstones. The two major types, are silicate based and ...
Highway 1 (Australia)
Highway 1 was created as part of the National Route Numbering system, adopted in 1955. The route was compiled from an ... and huge tropical swamps are some of the variety of landscapes that can be found along the route. ...
23 Places We've Found Water in Our Solar System
Turns out the Solar System isnt so parched. We survey the moons and planets where scientists are finding water in all its ... 23 Places Weve Found Water in Our Solar System. Oceans, Ices, Vapors: Turns out the Solar System isnt so parched. We survey ... Titan has some of the most abundant pools of liquid found anywhere in the solar system, but those come in the form of methane, ... There are hundreds more places in the solar system where water can be found, whether tiny, ice packed moonlets never given ...
Eureka! Complex organic molecules found in a young star system - LA Times
ALMA telescope reveals the same complex organic molecules floating around a nearby star as are found in comets in our own solar ... These types of molecules, made of carbon, nitrogen and hydrogen, are also found in comets in our own solar system. Comets, ... since its difficult to know from a single system whether it was just luck or whether we saw it in the single system because ... Our solar system may not be as special as we thought. A new study of a young stars protoplanetary disk finds the same kinds of ...
Incredible 'Hypatia' Stone Contains Compounds Not Found in the Solar System
The mysterious Egyptian rock contains mico-mineral compounds not found on Earth, in any meteorite or comet, or elsewhere in the ... Stone Contains Compounds Not Found in the Solar System. The mysterious Egyptian rock contains micro-mineral compounds not found ... The team found pure metallic aluminum, an occurance that is "extremely rare on Earth and the rest of our solar system, as far ... A Meteorite as Old as the Solar System Found in the Outback ... They found that many compounds in the stone seem to have formed ...
'Saturn on Steroids': 1st Ringed Planet Beyond Solar System Possibly Found |...
Saturn on Steroids: 1st Ringed Planet Beyond Solar System Possibly Found. By Charles Q. Choi 12 January 2012. ... This would be the first system of discrete, thin dust rings detected around a very low-mass object outside our solar system, he ... "Our inner solar system couldve looked like this long ago in its first tens of millions of years." ... "Amateur astronomers can really look at this star with a backyard telescope and help us learn more about this system through ...
Whitney Houston Cause of Death Revealed -- Cocaine Found in System | TMZ.com
Whitney Houston had cocaine in her system when she died -- this according to the L.A. County Coroner.The L.A. County Coroner ... Whitney Houston Cause of Death Revealed -- Cocaine Found in System. Whitney Houston had cocaine in her system when she died -- ... Whitney was found dead in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton hotel last month and several pills were found on the scene -- ... Investigators found NO EVIDENCE of cocaine in the hotel room.. Law enforcement sources have told us from the beginning they did ...
Oldest Nervous System Found in 520-Million-Year-Old Fossil | Live Science
... of a shrimp-like creature that crawled on the ocean bottom 500 million years ago preserve the oldest known nervous system in ... Oldest Nervous System Found in 520-Million-Year-Old Fossil. By Mindy Weisberger 2016-03-01T00:51:18Z. Animals ... The researchers also found that the ganglia were associated with pairs of legs, which also reduced in size as they progressed ... Other structures in C. kunmingensiss nervous system - dozens of nerves that emerged at regular intervals from the nerve cord ...
New clues found to immune system's misfiring in autoimmune diseases | EurekAlert! Science News
A persons genetic makeup plays a role in autoimmune diseases that develop when the body is attacked by its own immune system. ... New clues found to immune systems misfiring in autoimmune diseases Gene variants mapped to DNA regions that regulate immune ... New clues found to immune systems misfiring in autoimmune diseases. Washington University School of Medicine ... Furthermore, the researchers found that the super-enhancers contained many genetic variants associated with autoimmune diseases ...
Engine Coolant Compatibility with the Nonmetals Found in Automotive Cooling Systems
... Published: 0 ... Coolant impact on elastomer integrity as well as elastomer-induced changes in fluid chemistry were found to be independent of ... compatibility, cooling system, elastomer, engine coolant, organic acid, physical properties, rubber compounds, silicate ... coolants on the physical properties of a variety of elastomeric and thermoplastic materials found in automotive cooling systems ...
Freaky New Role Found for the Immune System: Controlling Social Interaction
Could immune system problems contribute to an inability to have normal social interactions? The answer appears to be yes, and ... Freaky New Role Found for the Immune System: Controlling Social Interaction. Of profound importance for proper social ... pathogens and the immune system. Part of our personality may actually be dictated by the immune system."Newswise - In a ... Researchers determine that the immune system affects - and even controls - social behavior.• Blocking a single type of immune ...
wkyc.com | Coroner: Cocaine among drugs found in Carrie Fisher's system
Toxicology tests also found other opiates in Fishers system, including morphine, although the report states the morphine could ... Coroner: Cocaine among drugs found in Carrie Fishers system. Coroners officials ruled Fisher died from sleep apnea and a ... but investigators could not determine what impact the cocaine and other drugs found in her system had on her death. ... It also found traces of heroin and MDMA, which is also known as ecstasy, but that they could not determine when Fisher had ...
Toxins from furniture and flooring found to linger in children's systems
A recent study found that homes that have vinyl flooring or furniture treated with certain chemicals are a greater danger to ... Toxins from furniture and flooring found to linger in childrens systems. Researchers found traces of chemicals in childrens ... often found on furniture and vinyl flooring -- is lingering in childrens systems. ... Similarly, in homes that had sofas treated with polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs), traces of the chemicals were found in ...
Coroner: Cocaine, heroin, ecstasy found in Carrie Fisher's system | PennLive.com
Coroner: Cocaine, heroin, ecstasy found in Carrie Fishers system. Updated on June 20, 2017 at 11:42 AM. Posted on June 19, ... but investigators could not determine what impact the cocaine and other drugs found in her system had on her death. ... It also found traces of heroin and MDMA, which is also known as ecstasy, but that they could not determine when Fisher had ... LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Carrie Fishers autopsy report shows the actress had cocaine in her system when she fell ill on a plane ...
'Smokeless' Cannabis Delivery System Found 'Safe And Effective,' Study Says -...
"Smokeless" Cannabis Delivery System Found "Safe And Effective," Study Says. * by NORML ... Abstracts of the study, "Vaporization as a smokeless cannabis delivery system: a pilot study," are available online at: https ... which found that the device delivered vapor of high purity with practically no toxic tars or hydrocarbons. ...
Legionella bacteria found in Morris County jail water system
... was found in water system at Morris County jail. ... was found in water system at Morris County jail. Check out this ... MORRIS TOWNSHIP - Legionella bacteria has been found in the Morris County jail water system, making it the third county-owned ... Corrective plan launched after Legionella bacteria that can lead to Legionnaires disease, was found in water system at Morris ... Morris County jail starts corrective plan after bacteria that leads to Legionnaires disease found in water system Peggy Wright ...
Reef system with 10,000 km2 found at the Amazon River mouth | EurekAlert! Science News
Researchers from Brazil and the US mapped and characterized an extensive reef system in an unlikely area of the Brazilian coast ... Reef system with 10,000 km2 found at the Amazon River mouth Researchers mapped a reef system in the most unlikely area of the ... Reef system with 10,000 km2 found at the Amazon River mouth. University of Sao Paulo Scientific Outreach Unit ... None suggested the existence of a reef system underneath the river plume. Surprisingly, the researchers found reefs in a ...
Coroner: Cocaine among drugs found in Carrie Fisher's system - Orange County Register
Toxicology tests also found other opiates in Fishers system, including morphine, although the report states the morphine could ... A news release issued Friday mentioned drugs were found in Fishers system, but it did not provide details. ... but investigators could not determine what impact the cocaine and other drugs found in her system had on her death. (The ... but investigators could not determine what impact the cocaine and other drugs found in her system had on her death. ...
Bacterial Wilt Found on Winter Squash - Alabama Cooperative Extension System
Bacterial wilt was recently found in Chilton County. Bacterial wilt is a destructive disease of cucumber and cantaloupe. It can ... 2019 by the Alabama Cooperative Extension System. All rights reserved.. www.aces.edu. This content printed from the website ... The Alabama Cooperative Extension System operates as the primary outreach organization that ensures all people have access to ... The Alabama Cooperative Extension System (Alabama A&M University and Auburn University) is an equal opportunity educator and ...
2 divers found dead in Florida cave system | WTKR.com
... including two who were found Monday, have had fatal incidents inside the Eagles Nest cave dive area in Western Florida since ... 2 divers found dead in Florida cave system. Posted 9:35 pm, October 18, 2016, by CNN Wire ... Search and rescue divers found their bodies the next day in a "very dangerous and complex area of the cave system," the ... Ten people, including two who were found Monday, have had fatal incidents inside the Eagles Nest cave dive area in Western ...
Hundreds of Black Holes Found in a Distant Star System
A clever computer simulation just found hundreds of black holes in a distant star system By Dyllan Furness September 12, 2016 ... "When we compared the results, we found that the simulation without black holes couldnt recreate what we see in NGC 6101," ... running cosmological computer simulations to see whether a black hole here or there can make sense of a systems structure and ... and let the program reenact the star systems 13 billion-year history. What they discovered made sense of its physical dynamics ...
New route to Parkinson's found in cells' "garbage disposal" system
New route to Parkinsons found in cells "garbage disposal" system. 16.12.2004 ... They found in studies with rats that BAG5 enhances the death of the dopaminergic neurons targeted by Parkinsons and that ... This inhibition, they found, enhances the formation of protein aggregates, and this formation was inhibited when the ... Parkin is part of the cells "garbage disposal" system that rids the cell of unwanted proteins by degrading them. Mutations of ...
Steroids Found in System of Chris Benoit - The Hollywood Gossip
Pro wrestler Chris Benoit had steroids and other drugs in his system when he killed his wife and young son last month before ... Steroids Found in System of Chris Benoit. by Mischalova at July 17, 2007 9:28 am. . Comments ... Anabolic steroids were found in the home, raising questions about whether the drugs played a role in the killings. Some experts ... Pro wrestler Chris Benoit had steroids and other drugs in his system when he killed his wife and young son last month before ...
PCBs found on Reliance site - City discovers a leak in storm drainage system
... News provided by ... PCBs found on Reliance site - City discovers a leak in storm drainage system Français ... If soils are found to be contaminated, the government will ensure that the premises are decontaminated as well as any ... in the storm drainage system in front of the Reliance site on Hymus Boulevard. ...
Sperm whale found in Spain had 64 pounds of trash in its digestive system - The Washington Post
A dead sperm whale was found with 64 pounds of trash in its digestive system. ... A young male sperm whale that was found dead off the coast of Spain had 64 pounds (29 kilograms) of garbage in its digestive ... The amount of human trash in its system had become so enormous that the whale was unable to expel the garbage from its ... Last month, a 29-foot sperm whale was found dead on Indonesias Lombok Island, east of Bali, though its unclear how it died. ...
Researchers have found that mimiviruses, a class of giant viruses, have an immune system reminiscent of the CRISPR system used ... Professor Raoult and his team suspected this resistance might have its origins in an immune system similar to that found in ... A few years ago, the researchers, led by Professor Didier Raoult of Aix-Marseille University in France, found that a type of ... The team that developed the CRISPR/Cas9 DNA-editing technique have now developed a new system that could allow RNA editing.... ...
Astronomers Just Found the Most Distant Object in Our Solar System, So They Named It 'Farout'
A slow-moving distant object in our solar system dubbed Farout is about 120 astronomical units away, or around 11,160,000,000 ... Astronomers Just Found the Most Distant Object in Our Solar System, So They Named It Farout By ... If you wanted to see the most distant known object in our solar system, youd have to walk 120 astronomical units. (And by the ... This scale shows, in astronomical units, the distance from the sun to other known bodies in our solar system. Roberto Molar ...
Found: Vessels That Let Your Immune System Control Your Personality - Atlas Obscura
Found: Vessels That Let Your Immune System Control Your Personality. The brain and lymph system are connected after all. by ... But one crucial part of the body, scientists thought, was cut off from the lymph system: no connection had ever been found ... Found: A Dead Bat in a Pre-Packaged Salad Even for gross things found in food, this one is weird. ... One of the the most important systems in the human body is the lymph system, through which immune cells travel to places where ...
Infant found with fractured skull, cocaine in system | News | Palo Alto Online
... after she brought her 11-month-old daughter to the hospital last weekend with a fractured skull and cocaine in her system, ... Infant found with fractured skull, cocaine in system. East Palo Alto woman charged with child abuse. ... after she brought her 11-month-old daughter to the hospital last weekend with a fractured skull and cocaine in her system, ...
No Sex Difference Found: Cues of Sexual Stimuli Activate the Reward System in both Sexes. - PubMed - NCBI
No Sex Difference Found: Cues of Sexual Stimuli Activate the Reward System in both Sexes.. Stark R1, Klein RS2, Kruse O3, ... Department of Psychotherapy and Systems Neuroscience, Justus-Liebig-Universität Giessen, Otto-Behaghel-Str. 10H, 35394 Giessen ... Department of Psychotherapy and Systems Neuroscience, Justus-Liebig-Universität Giessen, Otto-Behaghel-Str. 10H, 35394 Giessen ... Department of Psychotherapy and Systems Neuroscience, Justus-Liebig-Universität Giessen, Otto-Behaghel-Str. 10H, 35394 Giessen ...
Programmable DNA scissors found for bacterial immune system
"For the Type II CRISPR/Cas system, we found that crRNA connects via base-pairs with a trans-activating RNA (tracrRNA), to form ... Programmable DNA scissors found for bacterial immune system. by Lynn Yarris, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory ... There are three distinct types of CRISPR/Cas immunity systems. Doudna and her colleagues studied the Type II system which ... Evidence found of magnetic reconnection generating spicules on the sun. Nov 15, 2019 ...
Dark chocolate, olive oil combination found to protect the cardiovascular system - NaturalNews.com
Dark chocolate, olive oil combination found to protect the cardiovascular system. Saturday, September 02, 2017 by: Russel Davis ... www.naturalnews.com/2017-09-02-dark-chocolate-olive-oil-combination-found-to-protect-the-cardiovascular-system.html",Dark ... www.naturalnews.com/2017-09-02-dark-chocolate-olive-oil-combination-found-to-protect-the-cardiovascular-system.html. ... The research team found that the olive oil-enriched dark chocolate spurred larger increased EPC concentrations compared to the ...
Lymphatic systemAutonomic nervous systemFisher'sTracesDrainageStudyGenes2017CometsDigestiveFossilsBody's2016HeroinSearchPlanetaryCave systemImmune systemsNervous systemsScientists foundAstronomersDistantPlanetsOrbitsSalivaNewsSolar system formedCoronerToxicologyGeneticConsistsResearchers also foundDustCardiovascularVesselsNewlySequencesSpeciesMother'sPatient'sReproductiveChemicals foundColleagues foundInhibitionDrugs foundBacterialBehaviorImmunityUniversityHumansFindingsResultsTeamOrganicNeuralMorphine
- Evolutionary Forces at Work It was only last year that Kipnis, the director of UVA's Center for Brain Immunology and Glia, and his team discovered that meningeal vessels directly link the brain with the lymphatic system. (newswise.com)
- The involvement of the lymphatic system in this process is a new concept," says Fuchs, "and might potentially provide new therapeutic targets for lymph-related conditions such as wound-healing defects and hair loss . (medicalxpress.com)
- The left-hand image below shows the old map of the lymphatic system and the updated version is on the right. (spring.org.uk)
- The plumbing system of the brain, which Dr. Nedergaard has dubbed the "glymphatic system," solves a mystery that has long puzzled brain researchers - how does the brain get rid of metabolic byproducts without the help of the lymphatic system, which performs that job in the rest of the body? (lww.com)
Autonomic nervous system2
- Now, the Institute has published new research which suggests that daily autonomic nervous system activity not only responds to changes in solar and geomagnetic activity, but also synchronizes with the time-varying magnetic fields associated with geomatic field-line resonances and Schumann resonances. (sott.net)
- First the participants were asked to lie down while their autonomic nervous system activity was tracked. (healthrising.org)
- Carrie Fisher's autopsy report shows the actress had cocaine in her system when she fell ill on a plane last year, but investigators could not determine what impact the cocaine and other drugs found in her system had on her death. (wkyc.com)
- Toxicology tests also found other opiates in Fisher's system, including morphine, although the report states the morphine could have been a byproduct of heroin. (wkyc.com)
- A news release issued Friday mentioned drugs were found in Fisher's system, but it did not provide details. (ocregister.com)
- It also found traces of heroin and MDMA, which is also known as ecstasy, but that they could not determine when Fisher had taken those drugs. (wkyc.com)
- Researchers from Duke University conducted a study that found children's blood and urine contained traces of toxic chemicals when the furniture in their homes was treated with these substances. (consumeraffairs.com)
- Similarly, in homes that had sofas treated with polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs), traces of the chemicals were found in the children's blood at a rate six times higher than those whose sofas weren't treated with the substance. (consumeraffairs.com)
- Using a zebrafish model, Wayne and her colleagues found that exposure to low levels of BPA and BPS - equivalent to the traces found in polluted river waters - altered the animals' physiology at the embryonic stage in as quickly as 25 hours. (planetsave.com)
- POINTE-CLAIRE, QC , Aug. 26, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - Morris Trudeau, Mayor of Pointe-Claire , would like to inform the population that municipal authorities have discovered a leak of PCBs (polychlorinated biphenyl) in the storm drainage system in front of the Reliance site on Hymus Boulevard. (newswire.ca)
- Authorities of the City of Montreal and of the City of Pointe-Claire reacted swiftly to make sure that the leak in the storm drainage system would pose no risk to the environment and, in particular, to Lake Saint-Louis. (newswire.ca)
- Blue Bell Creameries found listeria contamination last year in some equipment at its Brenham plant and believes it spread in the drainage system of its Oklahoma plant, the company said in a report for the Food and Drug Administration. (nbcdfw.com)
- At its facility in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, Blue Bell said it believed listeria was spread through the drainage system and released into the air. (nbcdfw.com)
- Hair-follicle stem cells control the behavior of lymphatic capillaries by secreting molecules that act as an on-off switch for drainage, the scientists found, enabling them to control the composition of fluids and cells in the surrounding locale and ultimately synchronize regeneration across the tissue. (medicalxpress.com)
- Archaeologists have discovered remains of pottery pipelines that look like a modern drainage system. (ecns.cn)
- A new study of a young star's protoplanetary disk finds the same kinds of complex organic molecules that are found on the comets in our own solar system. (latimes.com)
- Öberg and her colleagues had been using a radio telescope array called the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array in Chile to study a star system called MWC 480, which lies roughly 455 light-years away in the constellation Taurus. (latimes.com)
- A new study led by geologists at the University of Johannesburg found that compounds in the Hypatia stone are distinct from anything discovered in the solar system. (popularmechanics.com)
- After we ruled out the eclipse being due to a spherical star or a circumstellar disk passing in front of the star, I realized that the only plausible explanation was some sort of dust ring system orbiting a smaller companion - basically a Saturn on steroids," said study co-author Eric Mamajek of Cerro Tololo Inter-American Observatory in Chile and the University of Rochester. (space.com)
- Fossils of an ancient creature resembling a shrimp with an armored head contain the oldest and best-preserved nervous system ever found, which could help scientists decipher the evolution of nervous systems in animals alive today, according to a new study. (livescience.com)
- Prior studies from this period described fossils providing evidence of these arthropod ancestors' brains , but this study is the first to describe a complete nervous system from this ancient time, and with a level of detail that has never been seen before, the researchers said. (livescience.com)
- Photo (c) Ulza - Getty Images Many parents take great pains to make sure that their children stay safe, but a new study explored how flame-retardant chemicals -- often found on furniture and vinyl flooring -- is lingering in children's systems. (consumeraffairs.com)
- The efficacy of the Volcano vaporizer was initially reported in a 2004 study co-sponsored by NORML and the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) , which found that the device delivered vapor of high purity with practically no toxic tars or hydrocarbons. (norml.org)
- A study published last year found 83 percent of samples of water from more than a dozen nations were contaminated with plastic fibers. (washingtonpost.com)
- The research team found that the olive oil -enriched dark chocolate spurred larger increased EPC concentrations compared to the apple-enriched chocolate at the end of the study. (naturalnews.com)
- In another study, Spanish health experts found that following a Mediterranean diet that is high in olive oil helps mitigate the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases by improving the function of good cholesterol. (naturalnews.com)
- Another recent study published in the Journal of Clinical Investigation found that dental pulp stem cells (extracted from both baby teeth and wisdom teeth) appeared to work in 3 ways to repair spinal cord injury in a rat model: they stopped the nerve cells from dying, helped regenerate the severed nerves, and promoted the growth of other cells that support the spinal cord. (prweb.com)
- the study found no such association in endothelial cells, which might depend on signals from surrounding cells. (rxpgnews.com)
- The drug was found to drastically boosting immune responses against many different cancers, reports a new study. (zmescience.com)
- It's not every day you get to discover something new in the inner solar system," said Marc Kuchner, an author on the Venus study and astrophysicist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland. (phys.org)
- What's more, several of the findings appear to implicate genes that have little-known function in the brain, but are present in cells that are important in the immune system, which could mean completely new avenues for study. (theconversation.com)
- EDGEWOOD, MD (August 15, 2016) - Nutramax Laboratories Consumer Care, Inc. announced today the results of a study published in the American Journal of Immunology that reports a novel glucan-sulforaphane combination, equivalent to the active ingredients found in Avmacol Immune ™ , has been found to stimulate the immune system better than glucans alone. (nutramaxlabs.com)
- The authors of the study, Vetvicka and Vetvickova, correctly hypothesized that the combination of beta-glucans and sulforaphane would enhance the immune system when presented with a viral challenge. (nutramaxlabs.com)
- We were anticipating general immune health support outcomes - induction of macrophage and natural killer cell activity - and were very pleased to observe not only a substantial decrease in viral load and increased antibodies directed against the virus but significant survival advantage in the group that received the glucan-sulforaphane combination as found in Avmacol Immune compared to the study control. (nutramaxlabs.com)
- The study found that a considerably high 95% of the pollutants found in the sharks were microfibres. (mcsuk.org)
- The participants underwent a parallel, double-blind, placebo-controlled randomized study to determine the effects of aged garlic extract on the immune system. (naturalnews.com)
- We found that six weeks of [aged garlic extract] supplementation was able to modulate immune cell distribution and prevent the increase of serum concentrations of…factors that play important roles in the development of obesity-induced inflammation," the authors wrote in their study. (naturalnews.com)
- Another, however, not so comforting fact was found during the study. (steadyhealth.com)
- The objective of the present study was to compare the content of selected bioactive compounds in organically and conventionally grown crops, and to evaluate if the ability of the crops to synthesize selected secondary metabolites was systematically affected by growth systems across different growth years as well as soil types. (orgprints.org)
- The aim of this study was to explore traditional healers' views on their collaboration with biomedical health systems so as to inform the implementation of strategies to improve access to CAMH services in Uganda. (springer.com)
- Week 7 Digestion Lecture Study Guide Based on information found in the lecture folder or other sources, answer the following questions. (bartleby.com)
- Furthermore, adjacent to these stretches, the team found two genes encoding enzymes with the ability to unwind and slice DNA - just like in the CRISPR/Cas system. (bionews.org.uk)
- Drs Robert Bradley and Stephen Tapscott at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Centre in Washington, mined the genetic profiles of 9759 cancer samples from 33 different cancer types (from the NIH Cancer Genome Atlas programme) to find genes that regulate interactions between tumours and the immune system. (bionews.org.uk)
- Bernard Friedenson, associate professor of biochemistry and molecular genetics at UIC, looked at the DNA sequences of breast cancers from 21 different women and found mutations in genes involved in immunity in every one of them. (healthcanal.com)
- The finding suggests that mutations affecting the immune system play an important role in the development of breast cancer, contrary to the prevailing notion that mutations in the genes that regulate cell division are primarily responsible. (healthcanal.com)
- If we know which genes are damaged in a breast cancer patient's immune system, prevention or even therapy can be tailored by giving vaccines or perhaps antiviral drugs to reduce the chances of recurrence," said Friedenson. (healthcanal.com)
- They found about 400 genes whose expression patterns varied with the cells' original location. (rxpgnews.com)
- A coroner's report released Monday, June 19, 2017, shows that Fisher had cocaine, ecstasy and heroin in her system when she became ill on a London to Los Angeles flight in December. (pennlive.com)
- House Report 114-537, accompanying a bill for the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017, included a provision for GAO to review DOD's progress in implementing PSMs and integrating them in the lifecycle management of major weapon systems. (gao.gov)
- The stuff in the protoplanetary disk will eventually coalesce to form planets, moons, asteroids, comets - the typical denizens of a fully fledged planetary system. (latimes.com)
- These chemicals were found pretty far from the star, ranging from about 30 to 100 astronomical units (also known as the Earth-sun distance), which is right around where icy comets should be forming out of MWC 480's protoplanetary disk. (latimes.com)
- These types of molecules, made of carbon, nitrogen and hydrogen, are also found in comets in our own solar system. (latimes.com)
- Comets, which reside so far from the sun that they've remained relatively unchanged, are fossils from our young solar system, when it was just 1 million to 10 million years old, Öberg said. (latimes.com)
- Interstellar dust is also found in comets and meteorites that have not been heated up for a prolonged period in their history. (popularmechanics.com)
- The dust consists of crushed-up remains from the formation of the solar system, some 4.6 billion years ago-rubble from asteroid collisions or crumbs from blazing comets. (phys.org)
- A young male sperm whale that was found dead off the coast of Spain had 64 pounds (29 kilograms) of garbage in its digestive system. (washingtonpost.com)
- The amount of human trash in its system had become so enormous that the whale was unable to expel the garbage from its digestive system. (washingtonpost.com)
- There are still a lot of unknowns regarding the functions of each individual species of microorganisms residing in the digestive system, she said, but a technique called DNA sequencing has allowed researchers to quickly identify the various bacteria. (dailytexanonline.com)
- A new report released this week shows clear evidence of microplastics and synthetic materials making their way into the digestive systems of UK sharks. (mcsuk.org)
- In total, their digestive systems were found to contain 379 particles of microplastics and synthetic microfibres. (mcsuk.org)
- Fox and Scott had found individual canine fossils with similar grooves, but they didn't know which species of animal the loose fossils came from. (bio-medicine.org)
- Researchers haven't yet been able to date the fossils from the Lesedi Chamber, which include one of the most complete skeletons of an early human found to date. (alaska-native-news.com)
- The Rising Star team maintains that the lack of animal remains found at the site, and the absence of injury to or erosion of the human fossils, rules out predatory or natural causes of accumulation. (alaska-native-news.com)
- The new Lesedi fossils include the skull of an adult male that is more complete than one found in Dinaledi. (alaska-native-news.com)
- Basically, these drugs inhibit the p110δ enzyme, boosting the body's immune system, enabling it to kill more tumor cells. (zmescience.com)
- Avmacol Immune is a patent-pending, sulforaphane-producing supplement that works in combination with beta-glucans to support your body's natural detoxification system and provide immune support. (nutramaxlabs.com)
- Thirteen of them were found near the state of Schleswig-Holstein in northern Germany in 2016, according to National Geographic. (washingtonpost.com)
- But when we looked at planetary formation, every solar system we looked at had the same elemental building blocks as Earth, and not just one in three. (ras.org.uk)
- Observers trying to ascertain the chemical make-up of planetary systems have tended to look at large planets orbiting very bright stars, which can lead to uncertainties of 10 or 20 per cent. (ras.org.uk)
- And European astronomers find an unusual planetary system. (voanews.com)
- Tulum, Mexico's Sac Actun underwater cave system was dubbed "the most important underwater archaeological site in the world," but the site is being threatened with pollution. (nydailynews.com)
- A diver from the Great Mayan Aquifer Project (GAM) observes human remains believed to be from the Pleistocene era in the Sac Actun underwater cave system near Tulum, Mexico. (nydailynews.com)
- The find includes the remains of two adults and a child in the Lesedi Chamber of the Rising Star Cave system, expanding the fossil record originally reported from a different chamber of the cave in 2015. (alaska-native-news.com)
- Further excavation of the cave system is planned, an undertaking that requires excavators who can squeeze through passages as narrow as 7 ½ inches and spend hours 100 feet underground. (alaska-native-news.com)
- The relationship between people and pathogens, the researchers suggest, could have directly affected the development of our social behavior, allowing us to engage in the social interactions necessary for the survival of the species while developing ways for our immune systems to protect us from the diseases that accompany those interactions. (newswise.com)
- The county also hired experts to test water systems at its other facilities where people whose immune systems may be compromised live and bathe, Bonanni said. (northjersey.com)
- These bacteria can make you sick, and are a particular concern for people with weakened immune systems. (barnstablepatriot.com)
- They may pose a special health risk for infants, young children, some of the elderly, and people with severely compromised immune systems. (barnstablepatriot.com)
- Other structures in C. kunmingensis 's nervous system - dozens of nerves that emerged at regular intervals from the nerve cord near the underside of the body - resembled those found in certain types of modern worms, but were absent in modern arthropods, offering clues to the scientists about how nervous systems adapted as different forms of life in these related lineages evolved. (livescience.com)
- Heart rate variability tests and muscle sympathetic nerve activity (MSNA) indicated if the status of their autonomic nervous systems changed. (healthrising.org)
- The latest finding by top epidemiologist Zhong Nanshan's team sheds light on the transmission and prevention of the epidemic, another breakthrough after scientists found isolated novel coronavirus strains from samples of infected patients' feces. (globaltimes.cn)
- Amateur astronomers can really look at this star with a backyard telescope and help us learn more about this system through monitoring it for more eclipses from the ring system," Mamajek said. (space.com)
- Astronomers have found seven Earth-sized planets around a cool red dwarf, all of which have the potential for liquid surface water. (skyandtelescope.com)
- Astronomers have studied two very intriguing planets beyond our solar system -- one super hot, one super windy. (caltech.edu)
- That's why the hunt for extraterrestrial life (quite doubtfully of an intelligent sort, though we've found some quite remarkable octopuses on Earth) has turned from distant solar systems to our own cosmic backyard. (popularmechanics.com)
- If you wanted to see the most distant known object in our solar system, you'd have to walk 120 astronomical units. (treehugger.com)
- Before the discovery of Farout, the most distant known object in our solar system was Eris, a dwarf planet discovered in 2005, located some 96 AUs from the sun. (treehugger.com)
- While these three rough anatomical divisions don't provide the precise coordinates of a global-positioning system, they do help explain similarities between the skin on the palms of the hands and the relatively distant soles of the feet. (rxpgnews.com)
- The discovery of 2012 VP113 led Sheppard and Trujillo to notice similarities of the orbits of several extremely distant Solar System objects, and they proposed the presence of an unknown planet several times larger than Earth-sometimes called Planet X or Planet 9-orbiting the Sun well beyond Pluto at hundreds of AUs. (carnegiescience.edu)
- The object was discovered as part of the team's ongoing hunt for unknown dwarf planets and Planet X. It is the largest and deepest survey ever conducted for distant Solar System objects. (carnegiescience.edu)
- These distant objects are like breadcrumbs leading us to Planet X. The more of them we can find, the better we can understand the outer Solar System and the possible planet that we think is shaping their orbits-a discovery that would redefine our knowledge of the Solar System's evolution," Sheppard added. (carnegiescience.edu)
- This gravitational shepherding could explain why the most-distant objects in our Solar System have similar orbits. (carnegiescience.edu)
- It will be an excellent hunting ground for planets because the system is very close to Earth, which makes it a lot easier to see any planets orbiting either of the brown dwarfs. (spaceref.com)
- Our own solar system went through the same process, and so MWC 480 offers something of a snapshot into what our sun's protoplanetary disk might have looked like before the planets were formed. (latimes.com)
- They found that many compounds in the stone seem to have formed prior to the sun and planets. (popularmechanics.com)
- The planets in our solar system formed from a similar disk of gas and dust captured by our sun. (ras.org.uk)
- Minerals made from building blocks of carbon, oxygen, magnesium, and silicon are thought to control the landscape of rocky planets that form in solar systems around Sun-like stars. (ras.org.uk)
- Several dust rings circle the Sun. The rings trace the orbits of planets, whose gravity tugs dust into place around the Sun, as it drifts by on its way to the center of the solar system. (phys.org)
- By studying this dust-what it's made of, where it comes from, and how it moves through space-scientists seek clues to understanding the birth of planets and the composition of all that we see in the solar system. (phys.org)
- Knowing where this boundary is can tell scientists about the composition of the dust itself, and hint at how planets formed in the young solar system. (phys.org)
- Artist's concept of what the sky might look like from one of the seven known terrestrial planets in the TRAPPIST-1 system. (skyandtelescope.com)
- The discovery roller-coaster began when the team found that what it had thought was a combined transit of planets #2 and #3 was in fact the crossing of three planets. (skyandtelescope.com)
- All of the seven exoplanets discovered around TRAPPIST-1 orbit much closer to their star than Mercury does to the Sun, as shown here in this comparison of the TRAPPIST-1 orbits with the Galilean moons of Jupiter and the planets of the inner solar system. (skyandtelescope.com)
- During the infancy of our solar system, when our planets had not yet settled down into their orbits, this was a dange. (caltech.edu)
- Dust is dispersed throughout the entire solar system, but it collects at grainy rings overlying the orbits of Earth and Venus, rings that can be seen with telescopes on Earth. (phys.org)
- One of the wonderful things about this system is that the exoplanets' orbits are resonant with one another. (skyandtelescope.com)
- The most commonly found bacteria in canine saliva are Actinomyces, Streptococcus, and Granulicatella species, reports the Journal of Clinical Microbiology. (reference.com)
- Amylase Is An Enzyme Commonly Found In Human Saliva. (bartleby.com)
- Amylase is found in one's saliva and pancreas, and Porcrine Pancreatic α-Amylase is amylase that has been isolated from the pancreas of a pig. (bartleby.com)
- An Arizona couple who were once TV news personalities is facing drug charges after tests revealed there was cocaine in their baby's system. (kshb.com)
- Natural News ) Researchers from the University of Florida Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences have found that aged garlic extract can significantly reduce inflammation among obese patients. (naturalnews.com)
- What do you think about the news that Bobbi Kristina's system was loaded with illegal drugs? (celebdirtylaundry.com)
- A news release issued Friday mentioned drugs were found in Fisher's system, but it did not provide details. (fox26houston.com)
Solar system formed2
- The researchers therefore conclude that parts of the rock formed before the solar system, and if these compounds are not presolar, the prevailing idea that the solar system formed from a nebula of homogenous gas is called into question. (popularmechanics.com)
- The cloud out of which the solar system formed has approximately twice as many atoms of oxygen as carbon, and roughly five atoms of silicon for every six of magnesium. (ras.org.uk)
- Whitney Houston had cocaine in her system when she died -- this according to the L.A. County Coroner. (tmz.com)
- STUART, Fla. (AP) - The Florida college student accused of randomly killing a couple and chewing on the dead man's face had no detectable hallucinogenic drugs in his system, according an FBI toxicology report released Wednesday. (wsvn.com)
- A person's genetic makeup plays a role in autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis that develop when the body is attacked by its own immune system. (eurekalert.org)
- Surprisingly, the regions of DNA that make up these master switches include numerous genetic variants linked to a range of autoimmune diseases, the researchers found. (eurekalert.org)
- Furthermore, the researchers found that the super-enhancers contained many genetic variants associated with autoimmune diseases such as diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. (eurekalert.org)
- To survive, the microbes deploy an adaptive-type nucleic acid-based immune system that revolves around a genetic element known as CRISPR, which stands for Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats. (phys.org)
- The closest star system consists of: Alpha Centauri, found to be a neighbor of the sun in 1839 at 4.4 light-years away, and the fainter Proxima Centauri, discovered in 1917 at 4.2 light-years. (spaceref.com)
- The system consists of seven universities entrusted to the Society of Jesus, which together function to fulfill the mission of the educational work of the Mexican Province of the Society of Jesus. (wikipedia.org)
Researchers also found2
- The researchers also found that the ganglia were associated with pairs of legs, which also reduced in size as they progressed along the animal's body. (livescience.com)
- In other test tube studies, the researchers also found that BAG5 inhibited parkin's ability to protect cells against proteasome dysfunction and cell death. (innovations-report.com)
- Not only that, but the mineral matrix of Hypatia also contains a significant amount of interstellar dust not generally seen in the rocky stuff of the solar system. (popularmechanics.com)
- Even more unusual, the matrix contains a high amount of very specific carbon compounds, called polyaromatic hydrocarbons, or PAH, a major component of interstellar dust, which existed even before our solar system was formed," says Kramers. (popularmechanics.com)
- An artist's illustration of a dust disk resembling Saturn's rings found around an object 420 light-years from Earth. (space.com)
- This would be the first system of discrete, thin dust rings detected around a very low-mass object outside our solar system, he noted. (space.com)
- Human exposure to them is widespread, particularly for young children who spend most of their time indoors and have greater exposure to chemicals found in household dust. (consumeraffairs.com)
- But when the dust settles in the solar system, it's often in rings. (phys.org)
- Two recent studies report new discoveries of dust rings in the inner solar system. (phys.org)
- So far, no evidence has been found of dust-free space, but that's partly because it would be difficult to detect from Earth. (phys.org)
- Fruits and vegetables exert their protective effects through plant polyphenols, which are found in cocoa, olive oil, and apples…We found that small daily portions of dark chocolate with added natural polyphenols from extra virgin olive oil was associated with an improved cardiovascular risk profile. (naturalnews.com)
- But one crucial part of the body, scientists thought, was cut off from the lymph system: no connection had ever been found between lymph vessels and the brain. (atlasobscura.com)
- Now, though, scientists at the University of Virginia have discovered lymph vessels in the brain, along with evidence that these pathways could allow the immune system to control behavior and personality, ScienceAlert reports . (atlasobscura.com)
- This was a new detail of mammalian anatomy, and the team found evidence that these vessels were present in the human meninges, as well. (atlasobscura.com)
- The brain is directly connected to the immune system by vessels previously thought not to exist, new research reports. (spring.org.uk)
- Because the brain is like every other tissue connected to the peripheral immune system through meningeal lymphatic vessels. (spring.org.uk)
- As CRISPR has been adapted by scientists as a powerful genome-editing tool, the finding raises the possibility that this newly discovered system - dubbed MIMIVIRE - could be harnessed in a similar way. (bionews.org.uk)
- Every day, we highlight one newly found object, curiosity or wonder. (atlasobscura.com)
- The newly found object, called 2015 TG387, was announced Tuesday by the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center. (carnegiescience.edu)
- Part of this stretch was also repeated another four times, but was not found in non-resistant mimiviruses, leading the researchers to conclude that the sequences are linked to immunity against virophages. (bionews.org.uk)
- Programmable DNA scissors: A double-RNA structure in the bacterial immune system has been discovered that directs Cas9 enzymes to cleave and destroy invading DNA at specific nucleotide sequences. (phys.org)
- The system is an habitat for 73 species of fishes and six species of lobsters. (eurekalert.org)
- In a sample of 46 sharks, of 4 different species, it was found that 67% had ingested human-made fibres and microplastics. (mcsuk.org)
- The team has named the Lesedi skeleton Neo, and consider it more complete, too, than that of Lucy, the remains of an earlier species known as Australopithecus afarensis that were found in Ethiopia in 1974. (alaska-native-news.com)
- It also adds to the understanding of early embryo development, as the researchers hypothesised that this gene may also protect the embryo from the mother's immune system. (bionews.org.uk)
- Harrouff apparently walked to his mother's house nearby, where she said she found him about to drink cooking oil. (wsvn.com)
- Medical Xpress)-A team of researchers at the University of Nottingham in the U.K. has found that artificial intelligence systems can be better at gauging a patient's risk of a heart attack than doctors using a standard protocol. (medicalxpress.com)
- however, sharp changes in solar and geomagnetic activity and geomagnetic storms can stress these regulatory systems, resulting in alterations in melatonin/serotonin balance, blood pressure, immune system, reproductive, cardiac, and neurological processes. (sott.net)
- In a finding that should surprise exactly no one with any critical faculties remaining, it turns out that the replacement for BPA used in "BPA-free" plastic - BPS (Bisphenol S) - is itself involved in reproductive system disruption and altered embryonic development. (planetsave.com)
- Yet new UCLA research demonstrates that BPS (Bisphenol S), a common replacement for BPA, speeds up embryonic development and disrupts the reproductive system. (planetsave.com)
- In a second finding, the team discovered that the number of endocrine neurons increased up to 40 percent, suggesting that BPA overstimulates the reproductive system. (planetsave.com)
- Wayne suspects that overstimulation of the neurons that regulate reproduction could lead to premature puberty and disruption of the reproductive system. (planetsave.com)
- Harrouff, 19, was hospitalized for two months after the killings for a burned esophagus, possibly from ingesting chemicals found in the couple's garage. (wsvn.com)
- Andrea Lozano, Senior Scientist at the Toronto Western Research Institute, of University Health Network and Professor of Surgery at the University of Toronto and colleagues found that the protein produced by a gene called BAG5 inhibits parkin activity and the action of another protein, called Hsp70, a "chaperone" that works with parkin. (innovations-report.com)
- This inhibition, they found, enhances the formation of protein aggregates, and this formation was inhibited when the researchers shut down the activity of BAG5. (innovations-report.com)
- ollowing p110δ inhibition, the immune system develops a sort of memory, enabling it to be more efficient with cancer in future battles, massively reducing relapse rates. (zmescience.com)
- LOS ANGELES (AP) - Carrie Fisher's autopsy report shows the actress had cocaine in her system when she fell ill on a plane last year, but investigators could not determine what impact the cocaine and other drugs found in her system had on her death. (fox26houston.com)
- We've discovered the mechanism behind the RNA-guided cleavage of double-stranded DNA that is central to the bacterial acquired immunity system," says Doudna, who holds appointments with UC Berkeley's Department of Molecular and Cell Biology and Department of Chemistry, and is an investigator with the Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI). (phys.org)
- It is well-established that CRISPR systems can be transplanted into heterologous bacterial strains," she says. (phys.org)
- We investigated transmission of this bacterium from HCUs to the surgical field by using a thermic anemometer and particle counter, videotape of an operating room equipped with an ultraclean laminar airflow ventilation system, and bacterial culture sedimentation plates in a nonventilated room. (cdc.gov)
- You do not need to boil your water or take other corrective actions because system wide chlorination is being conducted to prevent further bacterial growth and the tank where the E. coli was detected was taken out of service November 2, 2010. (barnstablepatriot.com)
- es found that the beads and the bacterial aggregates collided up to a million times more frequently than predicted using the standard "ideal" particle approach. (bio-medicine.org)
- Researchers determine that the immune system affects - and even controls - social behavior. (newswise.com)
- Newswise - In a startling discovery that raises fundamental questions about human behavior, researchers at the University of Virginia School of Medicine have determined that the immune system directly affects - and even controls - creatures' social behavior , such as their desire to interact with others. (newswise.com)
- In 1969, well-known developmental biologist Lewis Wolpert authored a famous treatise that described two possible ways for cells to know where they are in the body: Either they infer their location and adjust their behavior based on interactions with nearby cells, or they deduce their "positional identity" through the use of some type of coordinate system. (rxpgnews.com)
- The premise of reductionism is that systems can be broken down into constituent pieces and studied independently, then reassembled to understand the behavior of the system as a whole. (santafe.edu)
- However, reductionism is not universally applicable for natural complex systems found in biology where behavior is driven, not by few factors acting independently, but by complex interactions between many components acting together in time - nonlinear dynamic systems. (santafe.edu)
- There are three distinct types of CRISPR/Cas immunity systems. (phys.org)
- A few years ago, the researchers, led by Professor Didier Raoult of Aix-Marseille University in France, found that a type of virophage (a virus that infects other viruses) could infect mimiviruses and stop them replicating. (bionews.org.uk)
- Now scientists at the Stanford University School of Medicine have discovered that specialized skin cells use a similar mapping system to identify where they belong in the body and how to act once they arrive. (rxpgnews.com)
- Cardiff University provides funding as a founding partner of The Conversation UK. (theconversation.com)
- A tiny fossil found more than 10 years ago in central Alberta has proved to be the key to answering a long unsolved evolutionary question, say researchers from the University of Alberta. (bio-medicine.org)
- The security vulnerabilities - in the Internet Express software used on Tru64 servers and HP's Openview authentication systems - were discovered by a US university. (computerweekly.com)
- The Jesuit University System (SUJ) is a network of private universities that belong to the Mexican Province of the Society of Jesus, Jesuits, who have universities around the world joined by such associations. (wikipedia.org)
- This is also called Jesuit University of Guadalajara, and was founded in 1957. (wikipedia.org)
- After the whale's death, government officials in Spain's Murcia region, where the animal was found, launched a campaign to raise awareness of humans' consumption of plastic and disposal of garbage in bodies of water. (washingtonpost.com)
- In their paper uploaded to the open access site PLOS ONE , the team describes how they tested four AI systems against humans using a protocol, what they found, and why they believe there is still room for improvement. (medicalxpress.com)
- Of the bacteria that researchers found in dogs' mouths, only 28 percent were similar to the bacteria usually present in the mouths of humans. (reference.com)
- When we compared the results, we found that the simulation without black holes couldn't recreate what we see in NGC 6101," Peuten said. (digitaltrends.com)
- No results found. (newswire.ca)
- The results showed that contents of neither polyacetylenes and carotenoids in carrots, flavonoids in onions, nor phenolic acids in carrots and potatoes were significantly influenced by growth system. (orgprints.org)
- New results from the Spitzer Space Telescope hint that other solar systems may be even more exotic than we've ever im. (caltech.edu)
- Professor Raoult and his team suspected this resistance might have its origins in an immune system similar to that found in bacteria. (bionews.org.uk)
- The team that developed the CRISPR/Cas9 DNA-editing technique have now developed a new system that could allow RNA editing. (bionews.org.uk)
- It was very much a team effort, and I'm just thankful that we found the kiddo. (chron.com)
- Back in 1991 Dr. Richard Fox and his research team found a 60 million. (bio-medicine.org)
- Back in 1991, Dr. Richard Fox and his research team found a 60 million year-old incomplete skull fossil that they now believe is the first evidence of an extinct mammal with a venom delivery apparatus. (bio-medicine.org)
- The fossil that Fox's research team found expressed a deep groove in the upper canines, and, Fox noted, the groove resembled the grooved poison fangs found in some kinds of modern venomous snakes. (bio-medicine.org)
- Barcelona, Spain -A prospective, standardized system that has been used to report complications of several urologic procedures can also be utilized for reporting complications during percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL), a team of Romanian researchers reported at the European Association of Urology annual congress here. (urologytimes.com)
- The researchers report that all four AI systems did better than the human average using the ACC/AHA guidelines, ranging from 74.5 percent to 76.4 percent correct, which, the team noted, possibly amounted to 355 patients whose lives could have been saved had they known they were at risk. (medicalxpress.com)
- Understanding and developing effective and valid activation criteria is perhaps the most crucial component of the RRS 2 , even though the rapid response team (efferent limb) is essential to the success of these systems. (apsf.org)
- In a letter to New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, the scientists said "It will be practically impossible" for drinking-water systems to protect against the chemicals, which include benzene, toxic metals, radioactive materials and surfactants and organic biocides. (blogspot.com)
- This organization - nerve cord, ganglia and dozens of nerves extending along each side - is similar to the neural systems of modern arthropods, Ortega-Hernández said. (livescience.com)
- They set up four such AI systems: logistic regression, random forest, neural networks and gradient boosting. (medicalxpress.com)
- Roy Halladay had morphine in his system when the plane he was piloting crashed and he tragically died in November, according to Halladay's autopsy report, released Friday. (baseballthinkfactory.org)