SyriaMiddle East: The region of southwest Asia and northeastern Africa usually considered as extending from Libya on the west to Afghanistan on the east. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988)Chemical Warfare: Tactical warfare using incendiary mixtures, smokes, or irritant, burning, or asphyxiating gases.Visual Perception: The selecting and organizing of visual stimuli based on the individual's past experience.Chemical Warfare Agents: Chemicals that are used to cause the disturbance, disease, or death of humans during WARFARE.United States Government Agencies: Agencies of the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT of the United States.World War I: Global conflict primarily fought on European continent, that occurred between 1914 and 1918.Chemical Terrorism: The use of chemical agents in TERRORISM. This includes the malevolent use of nerve agents, blood agents, blister agents, and choking agents (NOXAE).Intelligence: The ability to learn and to deal with new situations and to deal effectively with tasks involving abstractions.Politics: Activities concerned with governmental policies, functions, etc.Judaism: The religion of the Jews characterized by belief in one God and in the mission of the Jews to teach the Fatherhood of God as revealed in the Hebrew Scriptures. (Webster, 3d ed)IraqNational Health Insurance, United StatesWar: Hostile conflict between organized groups of people.Biological Warfare: Warfare involving the use of living organisms or their products as disease etiologic agents against people, animals, or plants.Africa, Northern: The geographical area of Africa comprising ALGERIA; EGYPT; LIBYA; MOROCCO; and TUNISIA. It includes also the vast deserts and oases of the Sahara. It is often referred to as North Africa, French-speaking Africa, or the Maghreb. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p856)Wounds, Gunshot: Disruption of structural continuity of the body as a result of the discharge of firearms.RussiaPersonnel Delegation: To entrust to the care or management of another, to transfer or to assign tasks within an organizational or administrative unit or structureDenial (Psychology): Refusal to admit the truth or reality of a situation or experience.Delegation, Professional: The process of assigning duties to a subordinate with lesser qualifications.Medical Secretaries: Individuals responsible for various duties pertaining to the medical office routine.Calcaneus: The largest of the TARSAL BONES which is situated at the lower and back part of the FOOT, forming the HEEL.Cartoons as Topic: Images used to comment on such things as contemporary events, social habits, or political trends; usually executed in a broad or abbreviated manner.CartoonsWit and Humor as Topic: The faculty of expressing the amusing, clever, or comical or the keen perception and cleverly apt expression of connections between ideas that awaken amusement and pleasure. (From Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed)Caricatures as Topic: Portraying in a critical or facetious way a real individual or group, or a figure representing a social, political, ethnic, or racial type. The effect is usually achieved through distortion or exaggeration of characteristics. (Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing, 2d ed)American Civil War: 1861-1865 conflict between the Union (Northern states) and the 11 Southern states that seceded and were organized as the Confederate States of America.Military Personnel: Persons including soldiers involved with the armed forces.Costs and Cost Analysis: Absolute, comparative, or differential costs pertaining to services, institutions, resources, etc., or the analysis and study of these costs.Military Medicine: The practice of medicine as applied to special circumstances associated with military operations.Hospitals, Military: Hospitals which provide care for the military personnel and usually for their dependents.Military Facilities: Areas designated for use by the armed forces personnel.Health Care Costs: The actual costs of providing services related to the delivery of health care, including the costs of procedures, therapies, and medications. It is differentiated from HEALTH EXPENDITURES, which refers to the amount of money paid for the services, and from fees, which refers to the amount charged, regardless of cost.Risk Sharing, Financial: Any system which allows payors to share some of the financial risk associated with a particular patient population with providers. Providers agree to adhere to fixed fee schedules in exchange for an increase in their payor base and a chance to benefit from cost containment measures. Common risk-sharing methods are prospective payment schedules (PROSPECTIVE PAYMENT SYSTEM), capitation (CAPITATION FEES), diagnosis-related fees (DIAGNOSIS-RELATED GROUPS), and pre-negotiated fees.Strikes, Employee: Work-related situations in which the employees as a group refuse to work until certain conditions of employment are granted by the employer.New YorkMesocricetus: A genus of the family Muridae having three species. The present domesticated strains were developed from individuals brought from Syria. They are widely used in biomedical research.Lightning Injuries: Accidental injuries caused by brief high-voltage electrical discharges during thunderstorms. Cardiopulmonary arrest, coma and other neurologic symptoms, myocardial necrosis, and dermal burns are common. Prompt treatment of the acute sequelae, including cardiopulmonary resuscitation, is indicated for survival.Health Priorities: Preferentially rated health-related activities or functions to be used in establishing health planning goals. This may refer specifically to PL93-641.Facies: The appearance of the face that is often characteristic of a disease or pathological condition, as the elfin facies of WILLIAMS SYNDROME or the mongoloid facies of DOWN SYNDROME. (Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed)Commodification: The social process by which something or someone comes to be regarded and treated as an article of trade or commerce.United States
"Claims of new poison gas attack in Syria". BBC. 12 April 2014. Anadolu Agency. "Anadolu Agency April Bucket". Getty Images. "13 ... "Rescuers say Syria town near downed Russian chopper hit by poison gas; airstrikes pound Aleppo rebels". The Japan Times. ... "Syria using chlorine gas to attack town, activists say". aljazeera.com. "Syria conflict: Barrel bomb hits Aleppo nursery ... Fears of poisoned water in Aleppo, syriadirect.org. Anadolu Agency. "Syrian Civil War Continues". Getty Images. "Syria army ...
"ISIS used poison gas in northeast Syria: Kurds, monitor". 18 July 2015. Retrieved 5 August 2015. "In Moscow, Syrian minister ... "Kurdish YPG drives ISIS out of Syria's Hasakah". TRT World (in Turkish). Retrieved 25 May 2016. "Syria army 'pushes IS back ... containing poison gas at areas in the city of Al-Hasakah, and at YPG positions south of the town of Tel Brak to the northeast ... "Thousands displaced as battles rage in Syria's Hasakah". Retrieved 22 July 2015. "176 killed as ISIS advance in northeast Syria ...
"Nusra terrorists use poison gas in Hama: Syria TV". Nasr TV. 13 April 2014. "Syria rebels, government confirm poison gas attack ... "Claims of new poison gas attack in Syria". BBC News. Retrieved 12 September 2014. "New rebel, government claims of poison gas ... "Kafr Zeita Poison Gas Claims". NBC News. Retrieved 12 September 2014. "Third report of the OPCW Fact-Finding Mission in Syria ... "Syria chemical weapons: how the Telegraph found evidence of chlorine and ammonia gas bombs". Telegraph.co.uk. 29 April 2014. ...
... looking into reports of poison gas use, dailystar.com.lb. UN called on to investigate poisonous gas usage in Syria, ... "Syria violence flares ahead of possible truce". Retrieved 25 October 2014. "Dozens killed as Syria cease-fire ends within hours ... During the Syrian Civil War, it was one of the earliest rebel-held cities in Syria (see Battle of Douma and Rif Dimashq clashes ... It has a population of 34,184 as of 2007[update], making it the 43rd largest city per geographical entity in Syria. ...
The Syrian army claimed that hundreds of deaths from poison gas exposure occurred. There has been no independent confirmation ... "Assad regime accused of string of Syria massacres in UN report". Telegraph.co.uk. 11 September 2013. Retrieved 25 October 2014 ... "US denies Syrian army claim that US-led airstrike hit Isis poison gas supplies, killing 'hundreds including many civilians'". ... the Syrian Army claimed chemical weapons stored by ISIL in Hatla were bombed by the American-led intervention in Syria. The ...
"UPDATE 3-Islamic State used poison gas in northeast Syria -Kurds, monitor". Reuters. "Report: Khartoum Possibly Arming Rebels ... Conflict Armament Research has researched alleged chemical weapon attacks that Kurdish forces say used chlorine gas. CAR ...
Poison Gas Frederic Joseph Brown (2005). "Chapter 3: The Evolution of Policy 1922-1939 / Geneva Gas Protocol". Chemical warfare ... U.N. confirms sarin used in Syria attack; U.S., UK, France blame Assad Syria chemical weapons: watchdog confirms Telegraph ... The use of deadly poison gas was not only limited to combatants in the front but also civilians as nearby civilian towns were ... Civilians living in towns rarely had any warning systems about the dangers of poison gas as well as not having access to ...
"Claims of new poison gas attack in Syria". BBC. 12 April 2014. "Gas attack alleged in Syria". CNN. 23 May 2014. "Syrian state ... "Testing Confirms ISIS Used Mustard Gas in Syria". Arutz Sheva. 16 August 2015. "ISIL suspected of using mustard gas in Syria's ... looking into reports of poison gas use, dailystar.com.lb. UN called on to investigate poisonous gas usage in Syria, ... "Islamic State used poison gas in northeast Syria -Kurds, monitor". Reuters. 17 July 2015. "ISIS Steps Up Use Of Chemicals In ...
"New Report of ISIS Using Poison Gas in Syria". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2016-01-06. "Syria's Hospitals Go ... UNFPA Regional Syria Response Hub. December 2014. Retrieved 2016-01-08. With Syria Partners With Syria Campaign Sengupta, ... House witnesses describe use of chlorine gas in barrel bombs by Assad regime in Syria Washington Post "Doctor Testifies to ... "Syria Has a Massive Rape Crisis". The Atlantic. Hayley Romer. Retrieved 2016-01-06. Program brings dental care to Syrians "Deah ...
... have argued dead children from an alleged government chlorine gas attack in 2015 were likely killed by a poison other than ... Swedish Group to Discredit Reports of Syria Gas Attack". Coda Story. Retrieved 2017-05-10. ""White Helmets Oscar is a farce" - ... Regarding the Syria conflict, articles in The Indicter, which claimed to analyze videos released by the White Helmets, ... "White Lies: 'Syria Civil Defense' Caught Faking Rescues, Doctoring Dead Children". sputniknews.com. Retrieved 2017-05-04. ...
... a town in Iraqi Kurdistan and the site of 1988 poison gas attack Aleppo (disambiguation). ... Halab is the ancient name of Aleppo in northern Syria. Halab may also refer to: Aleppo Governorate, Syria Halab, Iran, a city ...
"Syria war: Sarin used in Khan Sheikhoun attack, OPCW says". BBC News. 2017-04-20. Retrieved 2017-04-20. "Syria 'toxic gas' ... The town was reported to have been struck by an airstrike by government forces followed by massive civilian chemical poisoning ... "Tahrir al-Sham: Al-Qaeda's latest incarnation in Syria". BBC News. 28 February 2017 "Death toll rises in Syria 'gas attack'". ... "Putin Applies MH17 False-Flag Template To Syria's Gas Attack To Convince Russian Public". Forbes. 13 April 2017. "Syria war: US ...
Chlorine, a common industrial chemical which would later allegedly be used in poison-gas attacks inside Syria in 2014, is not ... its use as a poison gas would violate the Chemical Weapons Convention, which Syria joined in 2013. Various parties, including ... Barnard, Anne (2 May 2017). "April nerve gas attack in Syria appears to be one in a series". The Age. Retrieved 13 January 2018 ... Chlorine, a common industrial chemical, was allegedly used in poison-gas attacks by the Assad government in 2014. Chlorine is ...
... and in Syria in the 2014 Kafr Zita chemical attack. There have been many instances of mass chlorine gas poisonings in ... which was the most common poison gas exposure; the year before they reported about 5,500 cases of chlorine gas poisoning ... Chlorine gas poisoning is illness resulting from the effects of exposure to chlorine beyond the threshold limit value. The ... A person with chlorine gas poisoning may also have nausea, vomiting, or a headache. Chronic exposure to relatively low levels ...
Editions Plon Paris 1989 The Poison Gas Connection: The Chemical Weapons Programs of Iraq and Libya Simon Wiesenthal Center Los ... He also wrote monographs for the Simon Wiesenthal Center on efforts by Iraq, Syria and Libya to acquire weapons of mass ... Syria and Libya Simon Wiesenthal Center Los Angeles 1992 Shakedown: Exposing the Real Jesse Jackson Regenery Washington DC 2002 ...
"Russia accuses U.S. of backing Syrian rebels who use poison gas on civ". 4 August 2016. Retrieved 19 January 2018 - via Reuters ... "Syria war: Dozens killed in 'US-led strikes' on Manbij". www.aljazeera.com. Retrieved 22 July 2016. "An airstrike in Syria ... "UN Syria envoy tells Russia: Leave Aleppo corridors 'to us'". Retrieved 1 August 2016. "Syria: Reports of civilian deaths in US ... "Syria conflict: 'Dozens of civilians killed' in US-led strikes near Manbij". BBC. July 19, 2016. Retrieved July 21, 2016. "Up ...
Carter immediately returns to the sanatorium and kills Dr Six and his cronies with Pierre - the poison gas bomb. Carter leaves ... He manages to escape and lies in wait for Gonzalez as he crosses a river separating Turkey from Syria. As the caravan ... Carter and Mija are parachuted into Urfa (Sanliurfa, Edessa, Mesopotamia) close to the border with Syria to intercept the opium ...
"Syria: Britain calls emergency UN Security Council on 'poison gas attack'". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 22 August 2013. " ... Syria Over Gas Attack". Huffington Post. 27 August 2013. Retrieved 27 August 2013. "Germany: A chemical attack in Syria 'cannot ... Sweden - Foreign Minister Carl Bildt wrote on his blog that the attack was poison gas and a UN team must investigate ... "Iran ex-president says Syria government launched gas attacks: news agency". Reuters. Retrieved 4 September 2013. Caroline ...
"Vesicant/Blister Agent Poisoning: Toxic Syndrome Description". CDC.gov. United States Centers for Disease Control and ... Enemy soldiers would smell the chemical and realize their eyes were watering, and would put on gas masks to protect themselves. ... More recently, in September 2015, the United States said that the terrorist group The Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) ... Mustard agents are also called "sulfur mustards" or "mustard gas." They are a group of blister agents that have sulfur in them ...
They have also conducted raids into Israel including an attack on the tourist area of Eilat and a gas pipeline. In November ... In October 2014, he is believed to have traveled to Syria with about 20 followers when security forces clamped down on ... Poison their food... surveil them at home and in the street... destroy their homes with explosives if you can." In the summer ...
Sarin is a nerve gas, a deadly poison. It was designed as a chemical weapon for use in war by Nazi Germany. ... "Chemical weapons 101: Six facts about sarin and Syria's stockpile". CS Monitor. 21 August 2013.. .mw-parser-output cite. ... Exclusive: CIA files prove America helped Saddam as he gassed Iran. Foreign Policy (magazine).  ... In medicine, the acronym SLUDGE is used to remember some of the symptoms of sarin poisoning: ...
A soldier in Syria, with an AK-47 rifle and a gas mask ... Poison gas is any gas that is also a poison. Poison gases can ... Many toxic liquids are also volatile and their vapors are poison gas. "Poison gas" can refer to poisons in chemical weapons, ... several poison gases cause a poisoning. In a poisoning, medical help is often necessary; simply removing the victim from the ... All gases other than oxygen can displace air, and cause death by asphyxiation. This does not make them poison gases. Nitrogen ...
On 27 March, the OPCW announced that 49% of the raw materials used for poison gas and nerve agents were sent abroad for ... "UN Syria Resolution: As good as it gets". New Republic. Retrieved 2013-09-29. "Syria: UNSC Resolution 2118; What just happened ... "Syria weapons 'could be destroyed at sea'". Al Jazeera English. 2013-11-23. Retrieved 2013-11-23. "US offers to destroy Syria's ... "Syria chemical weapons to be destroyed at sea". Retrieved 8 September 2016. "UK pledges to help destroy Syria chemicals". ...
Chemical Arms; Navy Report Asserts Many Nations Seek Or Have Poison Gas , New York Times, March 10, 1991, Accessed August 9 ... A UN report said there was evidence that North Korea had been exporting nuclear technology to Burma, Iran and Syria. Based on ...
Michael Duffy (22 August 2009). "Weapons of War: Poison Gas". Firstworldwar.com. Retrieved 28 March 2011. Mallinson 2009, p. ... "UK Operations in Syria and Iraq" (PDF). 2015. "Operations in the UK: Defence Contribution to Resilience" (PDF). Ministry of ... disabling and poison gases) added to the devastation. The Second World War broke out in September 1939 with the Russian and ... "UK military operations in Syria and Iraq" (PDF). Retrieved 18 March 2017. "The UK and UN Peace Operations: A Case for Greater ...
Palmach units attacked eleven road and railway bridges along the borders with Lebanon, Syria, Transjordan, and Egypt to suspend ... Collins subsequently died from chloroform poisoning, as the chloroform had been improperly administered by his captors.[ ... "the dirty Nazi-British assassins suffocated this innocent victim with gas." ...
... revealed how Syria built its capabilities. Part II catalogues Syrias present CBW stocks, investigates ... This is Part II of a two-part examination of Syrias chemical and biological weapons (CBW). Part I, which appeared in the ... But Syria "has surface-to-surface missiles that are neatly organized and can cover the whole country with nerve gas." The ... Poisoned Missiles: Syrias Doomsday Deterrent. by Dany Shoham. Middle East Quarterly. Fall 2002, pp. 13-20 ...
It began as the funeral procession of Ibrahim Salqeeni, a respected scholar in Aleppo, who was poisoned by the Assad regime, ... With its continued reliance on Iranian gas supplies, continued problems between the political and military leaderships, and ... Category: Syria Watch. Due to the dire nature of the situation in Syria, Impunity Watch has elected to dedicate an entire page ... Worldwide Release of "S.O.S. - Siege on Syria": A Short Film Highlighting the Atrocities in Syria and a Call to Action. Syrian ...
Islamic State used poison gas in northeast Syria. By REUTERS JULY 18, 2015 01:31 ... said it had also documented the use of poison gas by Islamic State in northeastern Syria on June 28.. ... The YPG militia said poison gas had been used in attacks on June 28 and June 29 against YPG-held areas in the northeastern ... militia said on Saturday the Islamic State jihadist group had used poison gas in attacks in late June in northeastern Syria. ...
The cargo is part of a 1,300-ton stockpile of toxins removed from Syria under an international deal brokered last year and ... Vessel to Tote Poison Gas From Syria to Sea. Image. The Cape Ray on Wednesday began loading toxic chemicals from Syria at a ... U.S. Vessel to Tote to Sea Poison Gas From Syria. Order Reprints , Todays Paper , Subscribe ... Syria, under pressure from Russia, its main international patron, and from the United States, agreed to the removal of the ...
Syria Russia Covering Up Assads Poison Gas Use in Syria, Chemical Warfare Experts Claim Rebel groups have used chemical ... First Stop: Syria The Mossad Ran a Fake Diving Resort for Tourists in Sudan. This Is the Incredible Story Behind It Top Secret ... after what rescue workers described as a suspected gas attack in the town of Khan Sheikhoun in rebel-held Idlib, Syria April 4 ... also skeptical of the Russian claim that the regime struck a weapons depot which the rebels had been using to store poison gas ...
Russia Lashes Out As Britain Readies Response Over Nerve-Agent Poisoning * 3 War Hero Savchenko Accused Of Terror Plot, ... But if its a matter of pouring gasoline on the fire on the civil war in Syria, that is certainly not productive, he said. ... He said that even though the United States and Russia shared the desire to expel IS from Syria, the United States continued to ... Halabja Gas-Attack Survivors Fight For Lives, Justice 30 Years On * 8 The Daily Vertical: Election? What Election? ...
... with a special session scheduled to discuss the crisis in Syria. ... Halabja Gas-Attack Survivors Fight For Lives, Justice 30 Years ... Russia Lashes Out As Britain Readies Response Over Nerve-Agent Poisoning * 3 War Hero Savchenko Accused Of Terror Plot, ... News agencies quoted Italian Foreign Minister Angelino Alfano as saying the session devoted to Syria was called in an effort to ... Tillerson is likely to be grilled by his G7 counterparts to clearly set out U.S. policy in Syria. ...
... come under barrage of shells filled with mustard gas ... in eastern Syria say Islamic State militants used poison gas ... Syrian Kurdish leaders sent a specialized investigation team to the alleged gas attack site in the Salihiya area of Syrias ... there have been persistent claims that forces loyal to President Bashar al-Assad have also been using poison gas mainly in ... "I felt the gas; it was really pungent and had a nasty smell. I was barely breathing and I thought I was choking," a civilian ...
Rescue workers in a Syrian rebel-held enclave near Damascus accused government forces of launching an attack with chlorine gas ... Filed under activism , attacks , poison , syria Share this article:. Share this:. *Facebook ... Syrian regime suspected of another poison gas attack on children By Yaron Steinbuch ... The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said a gas also was used during a rocket attack last week on the enclave. ...
0 thoughts on "Straight, No Chaser: Breaking News You Can Use - Sarin Nerve Gas Poisoning in Syria" * LaShaundra says: ... Straight, No Chaser: Breaking News You Can Use - Sarin Nerve Gas Poisoning in Syria. Share on Facebook Share ... Its 500 times more toxic than cyanide poisoning and can kill you in a minute. It rapidly gets converted from liquid to gas ... The Washington Post did an article the other day that was a brief synopsis of what is going on in Syria. I think that it goes ...
The international chemical weapons watchdog opened an investigation on Monday to determine whether dozens of people were gassed ... Poison gas can seep down into the hiding places bombs cannot reach. ... Freed hostages who were evacuated from the rebel-held city of Douma are seen in a bus at Wafideen camp in Damascus, Syria April ... OPCW inspectors have been attacked on two previous missions to the sites of chemical weapons attacks in Syria and were not ...
The poisoning deaths of many hundreds of people took place only three days after a team of UN chemical weapons experts arrived ... Clock ticks while experts kept away from Syria gassing site The poisoning deaths of many hundreds of people took place only ... Chemical weapons experts say there is little doubt that it was exposure to poison gas of some kind that killed the hundreds of ... "Were being exterminated with poison gas while they drink their coffee and sit inside their hotels," said Bara Abdelrahman, an ...
What smart man makes poison? I remember CS gas.. It was VERY bad.. My uniform smelled like sick burning choking death for days ... Syria needs to be dealt with too, before IRan. Were on the way. Syria needs to be left alone. They are finding out that these ... Syria: Poisonous gas sprayed in a rebel-held neighbourhood in Homs!. page: 1 ... When things like this happen that are blamed on Syria, but would benefit the opposition more, I have my doubts that Syria would ...
Samples taken from site of suspected gas attack in Syria. Read more ... A British policeman was also poisoned when he went to help them and remains in a serious but stable condition. ...
A U.N. team is in Syria investigating allegations that both rebels and army forces used poison gas in the past, one of the main ... ALLEGED CHEMICAL WEAPON ATTACKS IN SYRIAS CIVIL WAR. In July 2012, the Syrian government admitted that Syria had stocks of ... Syrias darkest hour: Hundreds of childrens bodies piled high after nerve gas attack near Damascus leaves up to 1,300 dead. * ... Syrias darkest hour: Hundreds of childrens bodies piled high after nerve gas attack near Damascus leaves up to 1,300 dead. * ...
Officials Claim Poison Gas Attack in Syria "100% Fabrication" By Paul Ebeling on April 13, 2017. Paul Ebeling, Politics, Top ... Officials Claim Poison Gas Attack in Syria "100% Fabrication" Thursday, the US-led coalition against IS denied a Syrian army ... in 4 April Sarin Gas Attack in Syria A declassified French intelligence report showing the 4 April Sarin Gas attack in Syria ... Obamas Failure Resulted in 4 April Sarin Gas Attack in Syria By Paul Ebeling on April 27, 2017. Middle East, Paul Ebeling, ...
If Trump and his cronies really cared about children killed by noxious gases, they wouldnt be trying to spew ever more CO2 ... The gas attack in Syria on April 4 consumed the worlds attention and galvanized the Trump White House, leading to the launch ... The Other Poison Gas Killing Syrians: Carbon Dioxide Emissions. The Other Poison Gas Killing Syrians: Carbon Dioxide Emissions ... Some 15 percent of this poison gas will be in the atmosphere for thousands of years. Even the CO2 that is more quickly washed ...
President Barack Obama is right to ask Congress to vote on attacking Syria. A strike against dictator Bashar Assad is stronger ... U.S. officials say the victims were poisoned by the deadly nerve gas sarin. ... No wonder Obama made it clear over the past week that the United States should take military action in Syria. He reiterated a ... President Barack Obama right to ask Congress to vote on attacking Syria: Editorial. U.S. President Barack Obama is right to ask ...
"Men, women, children lying in rows, killed by poison gas. Others foaming at the mouth, gasping for breath," Obama told the ... complete and verifiable action to ensure never again can Assad use poison gas.. "Under ideal conditions, complete Syrian ... In U.S. arsenal, lessons for Syria chemical weapons. FILE - In this Jan. 21, 2010 file photo Debra Michaels, Chemical ... The Syrian regime has more than 1,000 tons of sulfur, mustard gas and the ingredients for sarin and the nerve agent VX, Kerry ...
... "poison gas." The Observatory reported 18 people suffered breathing difficulties, without attributing a cause.. It was the ... Ingy Sedky, the ICRC spokeswoman in Syria, said most of the aid from a 46-truck convoy was delivered to the town of Douma in ... Meanwhile, Turkeys Foreign Ministry said the country plans to establish camps in nine locations in northern Syria to house ... Violence halts rare aid delivery to Syrias eastern Ghouta. International News. Mar 6, 2018 ...
President Bashar al-Assad agreed to dismantle Syrias chemical weapons stockpile. Five years later, attacks using chemical ... April 2014: Poison Gas. An attack in the village of Kfar Zeita sent streams of choking patients to hospital, and Syrian state ... Analysts have said that the use of poison gas, a war crime under international law, is integral to Mr. Assads scorched-earth ... Syrias Chemical Weapons Have Been Destroyed. So, Why Do Chlorine Gas Attacks Persist?. ...
On the night of February 4, 2018, regime helicopters dropped two cannisters of chlorine gas on a suburb of Saraqib. Poisoned ... He returned to Syria just before the revolution and soon became a fixture at the Friday protests. He was at home when the ... Syrias Last Bastion of Freedom. Amid the brutal civil war, a town fought off the regime and the fundamentalists-and dared to ... Syrias Last Bastion of Freedom. Amid the brutal civil war, a town fought off the regime and the fundamentalists-and dared to ...
Hundreds of people were killed in a poison gas attack on Damascus suburb last Wednesday. ... Obama makes case for punishing Syria over gas attack. Updated: 2013-08-29 09:13 ( Agencies) ... On top of that, Britain - a key player in any air assault on Syria - changed its stance on Wednesday, saying the UN Security ... "I have no interest in any open-ended conflict in Syria, but we do have to make sure that when countries break international ...
Kurdish doctors report suspected Turkish gas attack in Syria. Six civilians suffered breathing difficulties and other symptoms ... indicative of poison gas inhalation.. Ask Amy Dad wants new wife and kids to meet. Advice from Amy Dickinson. ...
As President Barack Obama appeals to Congress to authorize a limited military strike against Syria, he has focused on ... Wisconsin Law Review, BANNING POISON GAS AND GERM WARFARE: SHOULD THE UNITED STATES AGREE? 1969 ... White House, President Obamas Decision on Syria, Aug. 31, 2013. White House, Statement by the President on Syria, Aug. 31 ... But Syria has been less cooperative since then, as one of the only holdouts to 1992s Chemical Weapons Convention. (The United ...
DamascusCiviliansRebelsDoumaAssad'sPoisonous gasDeadlyVictimsRussiaBarack ObamaSymptomsStockpileMilitantsREUTERSIdlibRegimeOfficialsLethalPutinIslamic StateAleppoNerve gasesInspectorsUnited NationsDonald Trump2017AirstrikesIraqRetaliationSarin nerveAftermathChemical warfareRebelHomsSkripalTrumpKurdishSecurity CouncilActivistsDeathsJohn Kerry
- Syria, under pressure from Russia, its main international patron, and from the United States, agreed to the removal of the toxic substances after chemical weapons killed hundreds of people in an attack on the outskirts of Damascus last August. (nytimes.com)
- Rescue workers in a Syrian rebel-held enclave near Damascus accused government forces of launching an attack with chlorine gas Monday that affected at least 13 people, according to reports. (nypost.com)
- Freed hostages who were evacuated from the rebel-held city of Douma are seen in a bus at Wafideen camp in Damascus, Syria April 8, 2018. (reuters.com)
- AMSTERDAM/LONDON- The longer chemical weapons inspectors wait in a Damascus luxury hotel for permission to drive up the road to the site of what appears to be the worst poison gas attack in a quarter century, the less likely they will be able to get to the bottom of it. (jpost.com)
- We're being exterminated with poison gas while they drink their coffee and sit inside their hotels," said Bara Abdelrahman, an activist in one of the Damascus suburbs where rebels say government rockets brought the poison gas that killed hundreds of people before dawn on Wednesday. (jpost.com)
- The world has looked on in horror as graphic images emerged showing the aftermath of a dawn poison gas attack in the suburbs of Damascus that wiped out 1,300 people as they lay sleeping in their beds. (dailymail.co.uk)
- This photo released by the Syrian Red Crescent shows civilians gathering near a convoy of vehicles of the Syrian Red Crescent in Douma, eastern Ghouta, a suburb of Damascus, Syria, Monday, March. (tribtoday.com)
- Hundreds of people were killed in a poison gas attack on Damascus suburb last Wednesday. (chinadaily.com.cn)
- Analysts have said that the use of poison gas, a war crime under international law, is integral to Mr. Assad's scorched-earth drive to regain control of the rebel-held areas near Damascus. (nytimes.com)
- Suspected chemical attack in Syria - A man mourns over the bodies of those killed in a suspected chemical weapon attack in a suburb of Damascus, Syria, on Wednesday, August 21. (cnn.com)
- Suspected chemical attack in Syria - People attend to the victims of the attack on August 21 in Damascus. (cnn.com)
- Suspected chemical attack in Syria - Victims of the attack are laid in the back of a truck in the Hamoria area of Damascus on August 21. (cnn.com)
- Suspected chemical attack in Syria - A young survivor takes shelter in a mosque in the Duma neighborhood of Damascus on August 21. (cnn.com)
- Suspected chemical attack in Syria - Victims are buried in a suburb of Damascus on August 21. (cnn.com)
- Suspected chemical attack in Syria - Pigeons' bodies litter the ground in the Damascus suburbs of Arbeen on Saturday, August 24. (cnn.com)
- Suspected chemical attack in Syria - Syrian soldiers are deployed in the Jobar neighborhood of Damascus on August 24. (cnn.com)
- Suspected chemical attack in Syria - Syrian President Bashar al-Assad speaks with the Russian newspaper Izvestia in Damascus, Syria, on Monday, August 26. (cnn.com)
- Rebels who accuse Assad of the attack have suggested he had learned of fighters' plans to advance on Damascus, his seat of power, and ordered the gassing to prevent that. (hindustantimes.com)
- U.N. chemical weapons experts are transported on Monday to the scene of a poison gas attack last week in Damascus. (theweek.com)
- The goal would be to impose a cost on Assad that outweighs whatever he thinks he gained by gassing hundreds of people near Damascus last week, as he is accused of doing. (theweek.com)
- In 2013, a team of U.N. chemical weapons inspectors confirmed that sarin had been used in an attack that killed as many as 1,400 men, women and children in Ghouta, a suburb on the outskirts of Damascus, Syria. (time.com)
- Following the 2013 Damascus attack, Syria joined the international Chemical Weapons Convention under a U.S.-Russian deal and agreed to hand over its stockpile of about 2.8 million pounds of toxic weapons as well as disable its chemical weapons program. (time.com)
- Now, it would be very problematic for them to declare a no-fly-zone over Syria and engage in airstrikes over Damascus and Aleppo and other cities throughout the country because they have the support of other countries that have said they will not allow the US or UN to carry out bombing operations over Syria. (rt.com)
- President Barack Obama declared use of poison gas by Damascus would be a red line, and indicated military retaliation. (leesvilledailyleader.com)
- WASHINGTON - The White House said for the first time that there was evidence Syria had used chemical weapons in its civil war, but administration officials called for a broader United Nations investigation and edged away from declaring Damascus had crossed a "red line" that might trigger U.S. intervention. (latimes.com)
- Rebel groups and the Assad government have traded accusations about three alleged uses of poison gas: in Homs in December, and in Aleppo and outside Damascus, Syria's two largest cities, in March. (latimes.com)
- Damascus - Washington warned Syria it would face action over the "moral obscenity" of a gruesome chemical weapons attack, as UN inspectors braved sniper fire to gather evidence about the incident. (news24.com)
- Obama blames forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad for the August 21 poison gas attack in the Damascus suburbs that killed up to 1,400 people. (cnbc.com)
- United Nations inspectors spent about two weeks investigating an alleged poison gas attack that occurred August 21 in the Damascus suburb of Ghouta. (sott.net)
- Hidden in the report's back pages: proof that the poison gas missiles were launched from the Assad elite's stronghold in Damascus. (balloon-juice.com)
- UN chemical weapons experts inspect one of the sites of an alleged poison gas attack in the southwestern Damascus suburb of Mouadamiya on Aug 26, 2013. (straitstimes.com)
- Gas supplies to parts of Damascus are also cut . (globalresearch.ca)
- Wadi Barada is a river valley some 10 miles west of Damascus at the mountain range between Lebanon and Syria. (globalresearch.ca)
- If the U.S. attacks Syria over its alleged use of chemical weapons, Israel fears Damascus may respond by firing missiles at Israel, a close American ally. (nypost.com)
- After the August 21, 2013 sarin gas attack near Damascus in Syria, the Zetas predicted the outcome. (ning.com)
- This Hell drifted through the streets on Aug. 21, 2013, when the residents of Ghouta, Syria, a suburb on the outskirts of Damascus controlled by antigovernment rebels, were awakened by a series of blasts, followed by an invisible cloud of Sarin gas. (popularmechanics.com)
- Mattis said Sunday that "right now" the United States is "getting reports" that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's forces are using chlorine gas in their three-week advance against the rebels outside the capital, Damascus, that has left nearly 1,000 dead, including 200 children. (voanews.com)
- Lebanese and Syrian civilians take part in a candlelight vigil in solidarity with Syrian civilians killed by a gas attack in the suburbs of Damascus, in front of the offices of the U.N. headquarters in Beirut August 21, 2013. (thestar.com)
- According to the diplomat who spoke to The Associated Press, Syria claims that the insurgent attacks on storage sites near the city of Homs and in a Damascus suburb were repelled. (townhall.com)
- As the situation developed, within a mere seven weeks after the chemical weapons attacks in the Ghouta district just outside Damascus on August 21, Syria became the 190th party to the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC). (armscontrol.org)
- Opposition activists and a doctor in Idlib said it was the worst incident since the 2013 gas attack on the Damascus suburb of Ghouta that killed hundreds of civilians and which a U.N. investigation said used sarin gas. (wyff4.com)
- This discovery comes as the French daily Le Monde , in its edition dated May 28, published a five-part report by Jean-Philippe Rémy and Laurent Van Der Stockton " certifying " the use of gas by the Army Syrian Arab against the " rebellion " in Jobar (district of Damascus). (voltairenet.org)
- The UNSC unanimously passed a resolution ordering the destruction of Syria's chemical weapons and condemning a poison gas attack in Damascus. (rendon.com)
- The accusation came as civilians in the northern Syrian town of Marea, 10 kilometers from the Turkish border, also said they have, for the second time in recent weeks, come under a barrage of shells filled with mustard gas. (voanews.com)
- Six civilians suffered breathing difficulties and other symptoms indicative of poison gas inhalation. (bostonglobe.com)
- The United States should be using its own resources to determine, as quickly as possible, whether the opposition's reports of large-scale use of gas against civilians are accurate. (theamericanconservative.com)
- If they are, Mr. Obama should deliver on his vow not to tolerate such crimes - by ordering direct U.S. retaliation against the Syrian military forces responsible and by adopting a plan to protect civilians in southern Syria with a no-fly zone. (theamericanconservative.com)
- The civilians murdered by poison gas are just as dead as those murdered by bullets. (theamericanconservative.com)
- That 2013 attack was the most lethal use of chemicals in global warfare since the 1988 Halabja massacre , where Iraqi forces led by dictator Saddam Hussein killed thousands of their own civilians by using the gas. (time.com)
- On September 12, Putin said Russia had found the men suspected of carrying out the poisoning but described them as 'civilians' and claimed they had nothing to do with the attack. (thesun.co.uk)
- While his army is accused of using gas on civilians, the Islamist rebels have murdered Christians, massacred captives and engaged in public acts of cannibalism on dead Syrian soldiers. (humanevents.com)
- State media cited an Aleppo hospital director saying three dozen people - civilians and soldiers - had suffered suffocation in the alleged rebel gas attack, but did not report any deaths. (reuters.com)
- UNITED NATIONS/MOSCOW (Reuters) - Diplomats from five key nations kicked off talks on Tuesday on a Western-drafted U.N. Security Council resolution to eliminate Syria's chemical weapons even as France and Russia clashed over Moscow's insistence that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's is innocent in an August 21 poison gas attack on civilians. (yahoo.com)
- Daryl Kimball of the Arms Control Association says the use of chemical weapons in Syria could constitute a war crime - especially if used deliberately against civilians. (capradio.org)
- The allegation came as President Donald Trump is weighing options in Syria, where the U.S. attacked a government air base last month in response to an alleged chemical weapons attack on civilians. (haaretz.com)
- Tensions between the United States and Russia heightened after President Donald Trump ordered a cruise missile strike in April against a Syrian air base that the United States said had been used to launch a poison gas attack on civilians. (haaretz.com)
- World leaders expressed shock and outrage Tuesday at reports of a suspected chemical attack in northwestern Syria that killed scores of civilians, with one UK official suggesting the incident amounted to a war crime. (cnn.com)
- Yet dead just the same, wearing blank, frozen expressions reminiscent of survivor accounts of Halabja, Saddam Hussein's infamous 1988 toxic gas bombardment of Kurdish civilians in northern Iraq. (thestar.com)
- Carrying on Milkshake's point, there was a large amount of testing of gases (and other far less pleasant things) by the Japanese on Chinese civilians and Allied PoWs and they left a load of nerve agents lying around the place that are still there. (sciencemag.org)
- As a result, over 250 individuals have been blacklisted by the EU for their role in the horrific chemical attack on civilians in Syria, including high ranking Syrian military officials and scientists. (amnesty.org.uk)
- The ostensible reason for the attack is that Syria has been accused of using a toxic nerve agent against its own civilians on Tuesday, killing upwards of 100 people. (peakprosperity.com)
- As you're flooded over the next few days with emotional material (the very definition of propaganda) about the horror of the Syria gas attack, please remember that it was only last week that a US coalition, and the US specifically, that dropped bombs in Iraq that killed 240 civilians . (peakprosperity.com)
- Which brings me to Syria, which the President wants to bomb as punishment for the Syrian military's use of poison gas against civilians believed to support the rebels in the civil war that has been raging for more than two years and that has caused some 100,000 deaths and a flood of refugees. (becker-posner-blog.com)
- It is something of a puzzle that poison gas should be considered a weapon of mass destruction that no nation should be permitted to have, because it is not a very effective weapon-except against civilians. (becker-posner-blog.com)
- Clearly the same bullets used to assault contractors, civilians and soldiers are the same that Syria sold to Iraq. (abovetopsecret.com)
- Other evidence for the gassing of civilians is cumulatively convincing: large gas cylinders, like those used in past chlorine gas attacks, were filmed on the roof of the building where most bodies were found. (counterpunch.org)
- Dr. Dany Shoham, an expert on biological and chemical weapons, is also skeptical of the Russian claim that the regime struck a weapons depot which the rebels had been using to store poison gas. (haaretz.com)
- Regarding Russian claims that chemicals were been released when an airstrike hit a weapons warehouses belonging to the anti-regime rebels, Shoham says it highly unlikely that the rebels were in possession of nerve gas. (haaretz.com)
- Shoham says that while the rebels have also used chemical weapons in the past - mainly chlorine, but also mustard gas - and may have those agents, in principle the likelihood that they have nerve gas is very low. (haaretz.com)
- It's unclear how that colossal task could be carried out when there's distrust of Syria in the international community, uncertainty about the weapons' locations and ongoing fighting between Assad's forces and rebels. (morningjournal.com)
- The US is conveniently ignoring accusations that the Syrian rebels themselves might have engaged in crimes against humanity, while throwing blame at Syria for unproven chemical weapon use to justify further military, political and diplomatic pressure against the Syrian government. (rt.com)
- Former chief UN War Crimes Prosecutor Carla Del Ponte said that in the latest report, there are strong suspicions that sarin gas has been used by the rebels and not the country's authorities. (rt.com)
- McCain and Sen. Lindsey Graham came out of the Oval Office saying Obama was open to wider strikes on Syria and more lethal support for the rebels. (humanevents.com)
- Secretary of State John Kerry said Sunday there was ample proof that Assad's regime used sarin gas against rebels. (sott.net)
- AMMAN/BEIRUT (Reuters) - Syrian rebels opened a new front in Aleppo as fighting spread on the third day of a major insurgent counter-attack to break the government's siege of the opposition-held part of the city, and each side accused the other of using poison gas. (reuters.com)
- Rebels denied that, and said government forces had fired poison gas on another frontline. (reuters.com)
- The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a UK-based organisation that reports on the war, said it had confirmed reports of suffocation among government fighters in two frontline areas shelled by rebels, but it did not know if chlorine gas was the cause. (reuters.com)
- Since launching the large scale assault on Friday, the rebels have deployed numerous suicide car bombs undertaken by radical Islamic groups, including the Turkistan Islamic Party in Syria, a jihadist group operating in Syria. (reuters.com)
- On the other hand, rebels fighting on the mountainous western edge of the enclave said on Sunday that the army had shelled them with poison gas, leading some to suffer choking symptoms. (euractiv.com)
- Russian warplanes attacked rebel-held areas in northern Syria for the first time in weeks on Sunday, as Syrian officials said more than 100 people were treated at hospitals for what they allege was a poison gas attack by rebels in the northern city of Aleppo. (chicagotribune.com)
- It would be announced that the rebels did it, and no attack on Syria would occur. (ning.com)
- Syria: Rebels captured a military post on the border with Jordan after four days of fighting. (rendon.com)
- Ingy Sedky, the ICRC spokeswoman in Syria, said most of the aid from a 46-truck convoy was delivered to the town of Douma in eastern Ghouta but the mission was cut short before the rest of the supplies could be unloaded. (tribtoday.com)
- The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) claimed the UN's security team was shot at in Douma, Syria, while attempting to investigate chemical weapon use. (infowars.com)
- International chemical weapons inspectors had hoped to carry out an investigation at the location of the suspected chemical gas attack in Douma, before gunshots left them fleeing from the scene on Tuesday. (infowars.com)
- And NBC News cited two unnamed U.S. officials who said blood and urine samples taken from a victim and smuggled out of Douma show signs of poisoning from a nerve agent and chlorine gas. (democracynow.org)
- This photo released by the Syrian Civil Defense White Helmets, which has been authenticated based on its contents and other AP reporting, shows smoke rising after Syrian government airstrikes hit in the town of Douma, in Syria, Saturday, April. (911forum.org.uk)
- Russia & Syria have not yet allowed access to Douma. (cbsnews.com)
- Earlier, Russian officials had suggested the inspectors couldn't go to Douma due to security concerns caused by the U.S. and allied strikes early Saturday morning in Syria. (cbsnews.com)
- the US tries to undermine the credibility the Fact-finding mission in Syria even before it arrives at Douma. (cbsnews.com)
- The DG of #OPCW has updated the members of the EC @OPCW special meeting on Douma on the mission to Syria. (cbsnews.com)
- According to Syria and Russia, security on the ground cannot be guaranteed & the FFM team has not yet been able to reach Douma. (cbsnews.com)
- This email has since been used to call into question the impartiality and effectiveness of the OPCW's conclusion about the alleged chemical weapon attack in Douma, Syria. (mailonsunday.co.uk)
- This rule appears to hold good in the case of the poison gas attack on the city of Douma on 7 April, which killed at least 34 people and possibly twice as many. (counterpunch.org)
- They have already won militarily in Douma and the second of two convoys carrying thousands of Army of Islam fighters and their families left for Turkish-controlled northern Syria today. (counterpunch.org)
- Syrian activists accuse President Bashar al-Assad's forces of launching the nerve gas attack in what would be by far the worst reported use of poison gas in the two-year-old civil war. (dailymail.co.uk)
- Now, as the U.S. and others push Syria to surrender its arsenal, the steep challenges that have hindered America's efforts for a generation illustrate the daunting task of securing and ultimately dismantling Assad's stockpiles in the middle of a civil war. (morningjournal.com)
- Although the death toll in Syria from conventional weapons has surpassed 100,000, it wasn't until the U.S. said it determined that Assad's government had used chemical weapons on a large scale that President Barack Obama seriously threatened military action. (morningjournal.com)
- Why everyone's wrong about Assad's zombie gas. (foreignpolicy.com)
- According to a White House letter to Congress, U.S. intelligence agencies assessed "with varying degrees of confidence" that President Bashar Assad's forces had used small amounts of sarin gas, a deadly nerve agent banned by international treaty. (latimes.com)
- Tony Blair has warned that action should be taken against Bashar al-Assad's regime if Syria does not give up its chemical weapons. (telegraph.co.uk)
- They didn't use gas, but our leaders' outrage at Assad's alleged gas attack looks a little contrived if they keep such company. (thetruthseeker.co.uk)
- We even had good relations with Saddam Hussein before he invaded Kuwait (relations unperturbed by his poison gas attack on the Kurds in 1983, which killed two or three times as many persons as Assad's recent attack killed). (becker-posner-blog.com)
- An irony of our threatened bombing of Syria is that it may strengthen Assad's position by doing little damage and thus making it look as if he's successfully defied the United States, and by inducing Russia, China, and Iran to increase their aid to him in order to make us look ineffectual. (becker-posner-blog.com)
- Syria: Poisonous gas sprayed in a rebel-held neighbourhood in Homs! (abovetopsecret.com)
- They say he inhaled poisonous gas sprayed by regime forces in the rebel-held al-Bayada neighbourhood. (abovetopsecret.com)
- The Obama administration, searching for support from a divided Congress and skeptical world leaders, says its own assessment is based mainly on satellite and signal intelligence, including indications in the three days prior to the attack that the regime was preparing to use poisonous gas. (hindustantimes.com)
- The consulate's own contacts reported that victims had symptoms that were 'consistent with poisonous gas inhalation. (foreignpolicy.com)
- Airstrikes hit the rebel-held city of Khan Sheikhoun in Idlib province on Tuesday morning, giving off a "poisonous gas," according to Anas al-Diab, an activist with the Aleppo Media Center. (cnn.com)
- Yet the president and most of his party are committed to increasing the daily release of hundreds of thousands of tons of a far more deadly gas-carbon dioxide. (thenation.com)
- WASHINGTON - US President Barack Obama vowed on Wednesday that the Syria n government would face "international consequences" for last week's deadly chemical attack, but made clear any military response would be limited to avoid dragging the United States into another war in the Middle East. (chinadaily.com.cn)
- Syria is widely believed to have one of the largest stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons in the world , including stores of deadly sarin, mustard, and VX gases. (humanitarian.net)
- The U.S. and U.K. have threatened a "serious response" if the inspection supports opposition activists' claim that the deadly gas attack was carried out by the Syrian military. (theweek.com)
- Britain and Australia offered strong backing to the US missile strike on Syria , ordered in response to a deadly chemical attack in the country this week, but Russia described it as "thoughtless" and called for an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council in response. (irishtimes.com)
- It is not necessary to use only the most deadly gasses: gasses can be used which cause great inconvenience and would spread a lively terror and yet would leave no serious permanent effects on most of those affected. (sciencemag.org)
- Syrians bury the bodies of victims of a a suspected toxic gas attack in Khan Sheikhun, a rebel-held town in Idlib province, April 5, 2017. (haaretz.com)
- Just when I thought I was done with toxins for a while… U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry has announced that autopsies of victims in Syria are testing positive for the presence of Sarin, a powerful and volatile nerve agent created around the time of WWII in Germany. (jeffreysterlingmd.com)
- Chemical weapons experts say there is little doubt that it was exposure to poison gas of some kind that killed the hundreds of victims, although exactly what chemicals were used could not be determined from just looking at images. (jpost.com)
- Suspected chemical attack in Syria - Constricted pupils was listed as a symptom in victims of the alleged attack on August 21. (cnn.com)
- US officials on Saturday released a compilation of videos showing victims, including children, exhibiting what appear to be symptoms of nerve gas poisoning. (hindustantimes.com)
- Some information contradicts statements from witnesses near the scene: For example, reporters told consulate staff the missiles released 'clouds of white smoke,' but two doctors who treated victims on the scene told The Cable that the gas was colorless but that several victims reported a pungent odor. (foreignpolicy.com)
- Both said that they used Atropine on the victims and that it improved their conditions, which would mean that BZ was not the gas used. (foreignpolicy.com)
- The consulate's report also noted that one contact did not believe the gas could have been tear gas or phosphorous because none of the victims had burns on their bodies, as would be common with a phosphorous attack. (foreignpolicy.com)
- Do you want to add a number of innocent victims in Syria, which will be decapitated or shot, it does not matter which side? (freelists.org)
- Lots of the victims, including many children, were poisoned as they slept in their beds. (amnesty.org.uk)
- He said that even though the United States and Russia shared the desire to expel IS from Syria, the United States continued to support Ukraine and condemn Russia's military actions in the country. (rferl.org)
- Under a tenuous diplomatic deal being coordinated by Russia, which holds the world's largest remaining chemical weapons stockpile, Syria would join the Chemical Weapons Convention, declare its stockpiles and hand them over to the international community for destruction, all to avert a punitive U.S. military strike. (morningjournal.com)
- Syria agreed to the destruction of its chemical weapons through a deal brokered by Russia and the US after a sarin gas attack on August 21. (rt.com)
- Russia has a long history of involvement in the volatile region, especially Syria. (leesvilledailyleader.com)
- Trump has frequently urged improved relations with Russia, strained under Obama over Syria, Ukraine and other issues, was hosting Chinese President Xi Jinping at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida on Thursday night when the attack occurred. (cyprus-mail.com)
- Russia later vowed to shoot down any smart missiles the U.S. and its allies might fire into Syria, and even attack the warships that fired them. (blackchristiannews.com)
- Russia vows to shoot down any and all missiles fired at Syria. (blackchristiannews.com)
- America and Russia differ over whether any draft should allow force - or other punishment - if Syria breaks the deal. (telegraph.co.uk)
- The current draft leaves the door open to the use of force in the event of non-compliance by Syria, though diplomats said Russia would almost certainly demand such provisions be deleted. (yahoo.com)
- Russia asserted the deaths resulted from a gas released when a regime airstrike hit a "terrorist" chemical weapons factory on the ground. (cnn.com)
- Bombing Syria for killing their own citizens is not going to change things, but it will more than likely bring Iran into the conflict, which then brings Russia into the situation. (blogspot.com)
- When asked whether Russia had deactivated its own anti-missile defence systems in Syria before the missile strike, Mr Peskov declined to comment. (irishtimes.com)
- The nighttime Syria assault was carefully limited to minimize civilian casualties and avoid direct conflict with Syria's key ally, Russia, but confusion arose over the extent to which Washington warned Moscow in advance. (chicagotribune.com)
- The latest wave of shelling and airstrikes in northern Syria is the most serious violation of a truce reached by Russia and Turkey that brought relative calm to the country's north for the past two months. (chicagotribune.com)
- Russia & Syria must cooperate. (cbsnews.com)
- As the threat of US-led strikes loom, Russia is understood to have been readying for a naval battle off the coast of Syria. (thesun.co.uk)
- The US President chaired a cabinet meeting on Wednesday where he is said to have held Syria and Russia responsible for the chemical weapons attack. (thesun.co.uk)
- Surreal doesn't quite describe yesterday's goings on with Syria, the United States, and, apparently, the international community's new white knight: Russia. (tabletmag.com)
- Speaker of the House John Boehner, centre, and National Security Advisor Susan Rice listen as US President Barack Obama delivers a statement on Syria during a meeting with members of Congress at the White House in Washington, D.C., Tuesday. (thestar.com)
- As President Barack Obama appeals to Congress to authorize a limited military strike against Syria, he has focused on intelligence that the country killed its own citizens in a chemical attack . (politifact.com)
- President Barack Obama and his administration pursued a largely rhetorical approach to the ongoing brutal Syria civil war. (mpnnow.com)
- U.S. President Barack Obama faced growing pressure from Russia's Vladimir Putin and other world leaders on Thursday to decide against launching military strikes in Syria, which many of them fear would hurt the global economy and push up oil prices. (cnbc.com)
- President Barack Obama said he has decided that the United States should take military action against Syria but will seek congressional authorization for the use of force. (nypost.com)
- WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is going all out to convince war-weary Americans that limited strikes against Syria are needed for the United States' long-term safety, while his national security team is attempting to reassure skeptical legislators that the United States is not heading toward another Iraq or Afghanistan. (yahoo.com)
- Althouse: "With his new offensive against Islamic State terrorists in Syria, Barack Obama has a chance to revive his presidency, but the only way he can do that is to become a brand-new president. (blogspot.com)
- Health officials said people had symptoms that "suggest they have been exposed to chlorine gas inhalation. (nypost.com)
- A reporter for the Syria Life Network (SLN) told the consulate staff the symptoms included burning eyes, temporary blindness, relaxed and numb joints, unresponsiveness, nausea, unconsciousness, difficulty breathing, and temporary paralysis affecting the spine. (foreignpolicy.com)
- Those exposed to a low or medium dose of sarin gas by breathing contaminated air, eating contaminated food, drinking contaminated water or touching a contaminated surface may experience symptoms within seconds, according to the Centers for disease Control and Prevention in the US (CDC). (thesun.co.uk)
- Atropine, an antagonist to muscarinic acetylcholine receptors, is given to treat the physiological symptoms of poisoning. (cogwriter.com)
- Working from video footage shot in the immediate aftermath of the attack, experts have observed symptoms consistent with nerve gas poisoning. (amnesty.org.uk)
- However, back in November last year, Belgium ruled itself out as a candidate to destroy Syria's poison gas stockpile. (rt.com)
- Also Thursday, Germany said it would help destroy Syria's stockpile of chemicals used as the raw materials for poison gas and nerve agents. (townhall.com)
- Syria: UN adopts binding resolution on weapons stockpile. (rendon.com)
- Kurdish commanders in eastern Syria say Islamic State militants used poison gas Wednesday to attack Kurdish fighters. (voanews.com)
- Both sides fear a failed state in Syria could provide a base for hostile militants willing to strike around the world. (tradearabia.com)
- U.S. warplanes frequently attack Islamic State militants in Syria and come close to Russian forces. (cyprus-mail.com)
- Syrian state media said militants had fired shells containing chlorine gas at a residential area of the government-held western part of the city, al-Hamdaniya. (reuters.com)
- The militants were preparing to use the sarin gas inside both Turkey and Syria. (voltairenet.org)
- The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, quoting local medical and other sources, said "gases" released during a dawn rocket attack caused "cases of suffocation," Reuters reported. (nypost.com)
- AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - The international chemical weapons watchdog opened an investigation on Monday to determine whether dozens of people were gassed to death in an attack near the Syrian capital, possibly by a poisonous cocktail of sarin and chlorine. (reuters.com)
- Inside Syria, where rebel groups have disparate views, a military commander, Abdeljabbar al-Oqaidi, told Reuters, 'If the regime were present, I do not believe we would want to attend. (tradearabia.com)
- In another development, French Interior Minister Manuel Valls is reported ((by Reuters)) to have said Sunday that France will not take action alone against Syria, and will wait for a decision by U.S. Congress as Paris needs to be part of a coalition. (cogwriter.com)
- The province of Idlib, a pocket of rolling olive groves and shimmering wheat fields in northern Syria, is home to three million people who, since 2015, have been effectively trapped. (newyorker.com)
- In Sarmin, near Idlib, in 2015, after the monitoring group Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said a gas, possibly chlorine, had been discharged from barrel bombs. (nytimes.com)
- Abdel Hay Tennari, a doctor working in an Idlib hospital, told TIME that he was sure the attack was the result of sarin or a highly similar gas. (time.com)
- It's clear to any specialist that the decision to launch a strike was taken in Washington before the events in Idlib [the province where the gas poisoning took place] which were simply used as a pretext for a show of force," the ministry said. (irishtimes.com)
- Many thousands have been trying to flee violence in northwest Syria, the United Nations said on Thursday (23 May), due to an army assault on the last big rebel territory, Idlib. (euractiv.com)
- A displaced Syrian child sleeps on a mat laid out on the floor in an olive grove in the town of Atmeh, Idlib province, Syria. (euractiv.com)
- Horrific reports of chemical weapons attack in #Idlib #Syria . (cnn.com)
- In April 2017, a chemical attack in Idlib, Syria killed more than 80 people and injured hundreds. (amnesty.org.uk)
- On Tuesday 4 April, a chemical attack targeted the city of Khan Sheikhoun in Idlib, Syria, killing more than 80 people and injuring hundreds more. (amnesty.org.uk)
- In interviews with Israeli news outlets over the past few months, the Syrian opposition members have "clearly expressed their vision for the future of Syria and their interest in establishing relations with the Tel Aviv regime," according to informed sources in Syria. (abovetopsecret.com)
- An opposition fighter fires a rocket propelled grenade on August 26, 2013 during clashes with regime forces over the strategic area of Khanasser, Syria. (nypost.com)
- When you look at the amount of sarin gas used, the vectors, the techniques behind such an attack, as well as other aspects, it seems to leave no doubt that the regime is behind it," Fabius said. (yahoo.com)
- Early assessments by U.S. intelligence officials, Doctors Without Borders and the U.N. health agency suggested that chlorine gas and traces of sarin were used in the bombing, which President Donald Trump called an "affront to humanity. (time.com)
- Senior military officers from Western and Muslim countries started gathering in Jordan Monday to discuss the regional impact of the war in Syria, Jordanian officials said. (news24.com)
- Turkish officials seized 1,400 rifles and pistols and some 30,000 bullets as well as gas masks apparently for chemical protection, the daily said. (straitstimes.com)
- French military officials confirmed the frigate Chevalier Paul, which specializes in anti-missile capabilities, as well as the hulking transport ship Dixmude were in the Mediterranean for training and operational preparations but denied any link to possible Syria operations. (nypost.com)
- Top administration officials, including Secretary of State John Kerry, Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel and U.S. ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power, planned to brief lawmakers ahead of the Wednesday vote on a resolution that would authorize the "limited and specified use" of U.S. armed forces against Syria for no more than 90 days. (yahoo.com)
- As of Saturday, neither Syria nor its Russian or Iranian allies retaliated, Pentagon officials said. (chicagotribune.com)
- The military's work to analyze potential military options for Syria has been quietly going on for several weeks, two administration officials confirm to CNN. (cnn.com)
- Well, things initially got kooky once Kerry said that any U.S. attack against Syria would be "unbelievably small," but then things really got bizarre when some Syrian officials, goaded by their Russian allies, seemed to endorse the plan, giving it some patina of legitimacy. (tabletmag.com)
- It was an idea that was quickly praised by top officials in Syria and some lawmakers in the United States. (tabletmag.com)
- A Danish frigate, which is part of a joint Danish-Norwegian task force that will assist in overseeing the transportation of lethal chemical agents out of Syria, docks at Limassol port, December 14, 2013. (rt.com)
- A U.S. official further told The Cable that the document made a 'compelling case' that lethal poison gas was used. (foreignpolicy.com)
- If sarin was present in an aerosol form, the aerosol would have condensed into the pores in the masks and evaporated into a highly lethal gas as the individuals inhaled through the masks. (informationclearinghouse.info)
- President Obama publicly warned Syria last year that use or transfer to terrorists of lethal chemical agents would prompt an unspecified U.S. response. (latimes.com)
- The lethal poison Ricin (best known as a weapon of bioterrorism), Diphtheria toxin (the causative agent of a highly contagious bacterial disease), and the widely used antibiotic tetracycline have one thing in common: They specifically target the cell's translational apparatus and disrupt protein synthesis. (nottingham.ac.uk)
- The decision last year by Putin to intervene with military force in the brutal combat in Syria furthered this expansion of regional influence. (leesvilledailyleader.com)
- This bears directly on diplomatic efforts by Putin for international collaboration regarding Syria. (leesvilledailyleader.com)
- Putin seized the opportunity and persuaded Syria to abandon chemical weapons. (leesvilledailyleader.com)
- The decision by Vladimir Putin in 2015 to intervene with military force in the brutal combat in Syria has led to sustained expansion of Russia's influence in the region. (mpnnow.com)
- At a summit of the Group of 20 (G-20) developed and developing economies in St. Petersburg, Putin greeted Obama with a thin smile and a businesslike handshake, a clear sign of the strains between them over how to respond to a chemical weapons attack in Syria. (cnbc.com)
- The first round at the summit went to Putin, as China, the European Union, the BRICS emerging economies and a letter from Pope Francis all warned of the dangers of military intervention in Syria without the approval of the U.N. Security Council. (cnbc.com)
- Putin was isolated on Syria at a Group of Eight meeting in June, the last big summit of world powers, but could now turn the tables on Obama, who recently likened him to a "bored kid in the back of the classroom" who slouches at meetings. (cnbc.com)
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel saw no chance of agreement between Putin and Obama on Syria. (cnbc.com)
- Any G20 decision on Syria would not be binding but Putin would like to see a consensus to avert military action in what would mark a significant - but unlikely - personal triumph for the Russian leader. (cnbc.com)
- The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a UK-based group that reports on the war using an activist network on the ground, said it had also documented the use of poison gas by Islamic State in northeastern Syria on June 28. (jpost.com)
- U.S.-backed forces in Syria have declared victory in the city of Raqqa, the self-proclaimed capital of the Islamic State. (pbs.org)
- There were growing signs, however, that the timeline for launching any military strike on Syria could be complicated not only by the UN weapons inspectors' continued presence there but by the Obama administration's efforts to coordinate with international partners and growing demands for consultation with US lawmakers. (chinadaily.com.cn)
- On top of that, Britain - a key player in any air assault on Syria - changed its stance on Wednesday, saying the UN Security Council should see findings from weapons inspectors before any military action is taken and that the British parliament should vote on the matter twice. (chinadaily.com.cn)
- Suspected chemical attack in Syria - A convoy of inspectors from the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons prepares to cross into Syria at the Lebanese border crossing point of Masnaa on Tuesday, October 1. (cnn.com)
- Earlier today, United Nations weapons inspectors finally reached the scene of last week's alleged poison-gas massacre in Syria, after their convoy was delayed by sniper fire. (theweek.com)
- Christi Parsons and Patrick J. McDonnell at the Los Angeles Times note that regardless of what the U.N. inspectors find - and experts say the evidence of nerve gas use disappears quickly - the Obama administration has condemned Syria so clearly that it would find it difficult to back down now. (theweek.com)
- They say Syria hampered inspectors, gave them incomplete or misleading information, and turned to using chlorine bombs when its supplies of other chemicals dwindled. (reuters.com)
- Other chemicals found by inspectors but not reported by Syria include traces of nerve agent VX, the poison ricin and a chemical called hexamine, which is used to stabilise sarin. (reuters.com)
- Syria told inspectors in 2014-2015 that it had used 15 tonnes of nerve gas and 70 tonnes of sulphur mustard for research. (reuters.com)
- U.N. chemical weapons inspectors arrived in the Netherlands with samples the team collected during four days of on-site Syria visits. (nypost.com)
- He said about 1,000 international and U.N. staff remain in Syria, and the United Nations is just as concerned about their welfare as it was about the inspectors. (nypost.com)
- MIT professor Noam Chomsky has warned that an attack on Syria without United Nations support would be a war crime. (sott.net)
- He added that a U.S. strike against Syria without approval from the United Nations would be a "very serious" war crime. (sott.net)
- Sarin gas is a chemical weapon banned by the United Nations in 1991. (voltairenet.org)
- In the summer of 2017, for the first time anywhere in Syria since 1954, the residents of the town of Saraqib decided to seize control of their future-and hold a genuinely free election. (newyorker.com)
- My first report was titled A Quick Turnaround Assessment of the White House Intelligence Report Issued on April 11, 2017 About the Nerve Agent Attack in Khan Shaykhun, Syria, and my second report was an addendum to the first report. (informationclearinghouse.info)
- To disclose that information would raise wider questions, such as the role of Saudi Arabia and others in the Gulf region in supplying and financing the terrorist activity in Syria and Iraq. (globalresearch.ca)
- The Islamic State's spread now threatens not only Iraq and Syria but also essential U.S. allies, including Jordan and Turkey. (blogspot.com)
- Iraq Unloading WMD Into Syria. (abovetopsecret.com)
- The current administration has been harping about Syria aiding the Iraq insurgence but if one looks at the facts, the outlandish claims do have a shred of truth. (abovetopsecret.com)
- The report uses documented facts to illustrate how Syria helped ramp up the Iraq army leading up to war and how these weapons could end up in the hands of insurgents. (abovetopsecret.com)
- Syria has made billions from aiding Saddam and will continue to turn a profit selling illicit weapons to the Iraq insurgence. (abovetopsecret.com)
- Its time to wake up, whether you agree with Iraq or not, Syria is a clear Middle East agressor. (abovetopsecret.com)
- In special reports, this week's files cover: NASA Boss says There's Life on Mars, Extraterrestrial Life Exists, Ancient Nephilim Rising from Obscurity, Lockheed Develops New Technology, ISIS in Syria and Iraq, Abductee Thumper is a Sweet Dude, and New Spaceplane. (nationalufocenter.com)
- A declaration that use of poison gas by Syria would lead to military retaliation proved hollow. (mpnnow.com)
- A very sudden drumbeat toward some kind of US and/or allied retaliation against Syria seemed to be getting louder. (news24.com)
- Israeli forces unleashed a heavy bombardment against Iranian military installations in Syria on Thursday in what Israel called retaliation for an Iranian rocket barrage on its positions in the occupied Golan Heights, the most serious military. (chicagotribune.com)
- SUFFERING: The aftermath of a chlorine gas attack on Kansafra village in May, 2015. (reuters.com)
- Subscribe: http://smarturl.it/reuterssubscribe Graphic amateur video purports to show the aftermath of an alleged poison gas attack on the town of Kfar Zaita, which opposing sides blame on each other. (nottingham.ac.uk)
- On December 23, [Bureau of Conflict and Stabilization Operations (CSO)] implementing partner ARK reported through their media project BASMA on a possible chemical weapons attack in Homs, Syria,' the secret cable stated. (foreignpolicy.com)
- The cable says that BASMA reported an odorless and colorless gas was dispersed in three areas in Homs: the Old City, Al Bayda, and Al Khalidiya. (foreignpolicy.com)
- In this image taken from video obtained from the Shaam News Network, smoke rises from buildings from heavy shelling in Homs, Syria, on Dec. 27, 2012. (newser.com)
- A secret State Department cable obtained by Foreign Policy makes the case that a Syrian tank fired a shell loaded with a poison gas known as Agent 15 during fighting in Homs on Dec. 23. (newser.com)
- If Trump and his cronies really cared about children killed by noxious gases, they wouldn't be trying to spew ever more CO 2 into the atmosphere. (thenation.com)
- Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin, in Florida with Trump, said on Friday the United States would announce additional sanctions on Syria in the near future but offered no specifics. (cyprus-mail.com)
- The defense chief said, "I just want to reiterate that it would be very unwise for them to use weaponized gas, and I think President Trump made that very clear early in his administration. (voanews.com)
- The Syrian Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG) militia claimed ISIS had fired "makeshift chemical projectiles" containing poison gas at areas in the city of Al-Hasakah, and at YPG positions south of the town of Tel Brak to the northeast of Hasakah city. (wikipedia.org)
- #Turkey has built a 764-kilometer (475-mile) wall along its border with Syria in fear of Kurdish "terrorists. (euractiv.com)
- So why does it want to control Kurdish land inside Syria under the guise of a "buffer zone? (euractiv.com)
- Suspected chemical attack in Syria - The U.N. Security Council votes to approve a resolution that will require Syria to give up its chemical weapons during a meeting on Friday, September 27. (cnn.com)
- Despite the delays, the UN Security Council expects Syria to meet the June deadline. (rt.com)
- The Security Council is deadlocked over a resolution that would compel Syria to keep the agreement to surrender its chemical weapons. (telegraph.co.uk)
- The U.N. Security Council scheduled an emergency meeting for Wednesday in response to the strike, which came on the eve of a major international donors' conference in Brussels on the future of Syria and the region. (wyff4.com)
- FILE - A woman, affected by what activists say was a gas attack, receives treatment inside a makeshift hospital in Kfar Zeita village in the central province of Hama May 22, 2014. (voanews.com)
- Activists wearing gas masks bag a dead cat as they collect samples for chemical weapon use in Zamalka area. (hindustantimes.com)