Policy Making: The decision process by which individuals, groups or institutions establish policies pertaining to plans, programs or procedures.Health Policy: Decisions, usually developed by government policymakers, for determining present and future objectives pertaining to the health care system.Politics: Activities concerned with governmental policies, functions, etc.European Union: The collective designation of three organizations with common membership: the European Economic Community (Common Market), the European Coal and Steel Community, and the European Atomic Energy Community (Euratom). It was known as the European Community until 1994. It is primarily an economic union with the principal objectives of free movement of goods, capital, and labor. Professional services, social, medical and paramedical, are subsumed under labor. The constituent countries are Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom. (The World Almanac and Book of Facts 1997, p842)Environmental Health: The science of controlling or modifying those conditions, influences, or forces surrounding man which relate to promoting, establishing, and maintaining health.Public Health: Branch of medicine concerned with the prevention and control of disease and disability, and the promotion of physical and mental health of the population on the international, national, state, or municipal level.United StatesEvidence-Based Medicine: An approach of practicing medicine with the goal to improve and evaluate patient care. It requires the judicious integration of best research evidence with the patient's values to make decisions about medical care. This method is to help physicians make proper diagnosis, devise best testing plan, choose best treatment and methods of disease prevention, as well as develop guidelines for large groups of patients with the same disease. (from JAMA 296 (9), 2006)Health Services Research: The integration of epidemiologic, sociological, economic, and other analytic sciences in the study of health services. Health services research is usually concerned with relationships between need, demand, supply, use, and outcome of health services. The aim of the research is evaluation, particularly in terms of structure, process, output, and outcome. (From Last, Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)Organizational Policy: A course or method of action selected, usually by an organization, institution, university, society, etc., from among alternatives to guide and determine present and future decisions and positions on matters of public interest or social concern. It does not include internal policy relating to organization and administration within the corporate body, for which ORGANIZATION AND ADMINISTRATION is available.Policy: A course or method of action selected to guide and determine present and future decisions.Decision Making: The process of making a selective intellectual judgment when presented with several complex alternatives consisting of several variables, and usually defining a course of action or an idea.Environmental Policy: A course of action or principle adopted or proposed by a government, party, business, or individual that concerns human interactions with nature and natural resources.Hospital Shared Services: Cooperation among hospitals for the purpose of sharing various departmental services, e.g., pharmacy, laundry, data processing, etc.Capacity Building: Organizational development including enhancement of management structures, processes and procedures, within organizations and among different organizations and sectors to meet present and future needs.Chemistry, Pharmaceutical: Chemistry dealing with the composition and preparation of agents having PHARMACOLOGIC ACTIONS or diagnostic use.United Nations: An international organization whose members include most of the sovereign nations of the world with headquarters in New York City. The primary objectives of the organization are to maintain peace and security and to achieve international cooperation in solving international economic, social, cultural, or humanitarian problems.Schools, Nursing: Educational institutions for individuals specializing in the field of nursing.Delayed-Action Preparations: Dosage forms of a drug that act over a period of time by controlled-release processes or technology.Potyviridae: A family of RNA plant viruses with flexuous, filamentous particles and consisting of six genera: POTYVIRUS; Ipomovirus; Macluravirus; Rymovirus; Tritimovirus; and Bymovirus. All members of the family form cytoplasmic cylindrical inclusion bodies during infection.Manihot: A plant genus of the family EUPHORBIACEAE that is perennial with conspicuous, almost palmate leaves like those of RICINUS but more deeply parted into five to nine lobes. It is a source of a starch after removal of the cyanogenic glucosides. The common name of Arrowroot is also used with Maranta (MARANTACEAE). The common name of yuca is also used for YUCCA.Health Planning Technical Assistance: The provision of expert assistance in developing health planning programs, plans as technical materials, etc., as requested by Health Systems Agencies or other health planning organizations.Security Measures: Regulations to assure protection of property and equipment.Computer Security: Protective measures against unauthorized access to or interference with computer operating systems, telecommunications, or data structures, especially the modification, deletion, destruction, or release of data in computers. It includes methods of forestalling interference by computer viruses or so-called computer hackers aiming to compromise stored data.Social Security: Government sponsored social insurance programs.Greenhouse Effect: The effect of GLOBAL WARMING and the resulting increase in world temperatures. The predicted health effects of such long-term climatic change include increased incidence of respiratory, water-borne, and vector-borne diseases.Climate Change: Any significant change in measures of climate (such as temperature, precipitation, or wind) lasting for an extended period (decades or longer). It may result from natural factors such as changes in the sun's intensity, natural processes within the climate system such as changes in ocean circulation, or human activities.Climate: The longterm manifestations of WEATHER. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)Global Warming: Increase in the temperature of the atmosphere near the Earth's surface and in the troposphere, which can contribute to changes in global climate patterns.Geological Phenomena: The inanimate matter of Earth, the structures and properties of this matter, and the processes that affect it.Income: Revenues or receipts accruing from business enterprise, labor, or invested capital.ChicagoTerrorism: The use or threatened use of force or violence against persons or property in violation of criminal laws for purposes of intimidation, coercion, or ransom, in support of political or social objectives.Awards and PrizesAmerican Heart Association: A voluntary organization concerned with the prevention and treatment of heart and vascular diseases.Health Planning Councils: Organized groups serving in advisory capacities related to health planning activities.Speech: Communication through a system of conventional vocal symbols.American Dental Association: Professional society representing the field of dentistry.Great BritainReference Standards: A basis of value established for the measure of quantity, weight, extent or quality, e.g. weight standards, standard solutions, methods, techniques, and procedures used in diagnosis and therapy.Nutritional Requirements: The amounts of various substances in food needed by an organism to sustain healthy life.Sick Building Syndrome: A group of symptoms that are two- to three-fold more common in those who work in large, energy-efficient buildings, associated with an increased frequency of headaches, lethargy, and dry skin. Clinical manifestations include hypersensitivity pneumonitis (ALVEOLITIS, EXTRINSIC ALLERGIC); allergic rhinitis (RHINITIS, ALLERGIC, PERENNIAL); ASTHMA; infections, skin eruptions, and mucous membrane irritation syndromes. Current usage tends to be less restrictive with regard to the type of building and delineation of complaints. (From Segen, Dictionary of Modern Medicine, 1992)Building Codes: Standards or regulations for construction which are designed to ensure safety against electrical hazards, fires, etc.Veterans Disability Claims: Disorders claimed as a result of military service.ColoradoTooth Preparation: Procedures carried out with regard to the teeth or tooth structures preparatory to specified dental therapeutic and surgical measures.Salaries and Fringe Benefits: The remuneration paid or benefits granted to an employee.Faith Healing: The use of faith and spirit to cure disease.Tooth Preparation, Prosthodontic: The selected form given to a natural tooth when it is reduced by instrumentation to receive a prosthesis (e.g., artificial crown or a retainer for a fixed or removable prosthesis). The selection of the form is guided by clinical circumstances and physical properties of the materials that make up the prosthesis. (Boucher's Clinical Dental Terminology, 4th ed, p239)Biological Science Disciplines: All of the divisions of the natural sciences dealing with the various aspects of the phenomena of life and vital processes. The concept includes anatomy and physiology, biochemistry and biophysics, and the biology of animals, plants, and microorganisms. It should be differentiated from BIOLOGY, one of its subdivisions, concerned specifically with the origin and life processes of living organisms.Dissertations, Academic as Topic: Dissertations embodying results of original research and especially substantiating a specific view, e.g., substantial papers written by candidates for an academic degree under the individual direction of a professor or papers written by undergraduates desirous of achieving honors or distinction.Education, Graduate: Studies beyond the bachelor's degree at an institution having graduate programs for the purpose of preparing for entrance into a specific field, and obtaining a higher degree.Book ImprintsFamous PersonsBiography as Topic: A written account of a person's life and the branch of literature concerned with the lives of people. (Harrod's Librarians' Glossary, 7th ed)HistoryHistory, 18th Century: Time period from 1701 through 1800 of the common era.
Peace Support Operations; the operational art; Foreign and Defence policy making; the roles and tasks of the New Zealand ... Canberra: Australian Strategic Policy Institute. ISBN 978-1-921302-10-7. Simons, Murray (2010). Holistic Professional Military ... the provision of lecture support to other agencies, and the establishment of key linkages within the neighbouring defence and ...
... to build trust and inform ongoing learning and adaptation of strategy. Backbone Organization: Ongoing support provided by an ... Build Public Will; Advance Policy; and Mobilize Funding. Collective impact initiatives have, and are currently, being employed ... The concept of collective impact hinges on the idea that in order for organizations to create lasting solutions to social ... Partners in Progress (PIP), an initiative of the Citi Foundation and the Low Income Investment Fund, has been supporting a ...
Inamete, Ufot Bassey (2001). Foreign Policy Decision-Making in Nigeria. Susquehanna University Press. p. 94. ISBN 1-57591-048-9 ... "National Think Tank pledges support for Omehia". The Tide Online. Rivers State Newspaper Corporation. 10 October 2007. ... The NIAA is an organisation focusing on Nigerian foreign policy; while he was Director-General, it was involved in promoting ... In August 2007, President Umaru Yar'Adua appointed him to the newly created Electoral Reform Panel. Shaw, Timothy M.; Julius ...
... supporting complex policy decision-making; and changing the submission review paradigm". "Telba Irony, PhD", Speaker biography ... Information Extraction and Decision Making a Bayesian Approach to Some Engineering Problems supervised by Richard E. Barlow. ... 37th Annual Meeting of the Society for Medical Decision Making, 2015, retrieved 2017-11-17 "Telba Irony, FDA", Speaker ... Information Extraction and Decision Making a Bayesian Approach to Some Engineering Problems", Hathitrust Digital Library, ...
"Iranian Defense Doctrine and Decision Making" (PDF). Institute for Policy and Strategy. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 ... Antony Preston (August 2001). "Yards Compete for Denmark's Command and Support Vessels". Navy League of the United States. ... Rachel Ingber (14 August 1997). "Khatami's Cabinet Choices: On the Record" (Policy Watch 264). Retrieved 28 August 2013. ...
NGOs and all members of society can participate in policy-making. "Consultative support for national minority NGOs has been ... Nowadays, the Harmony Party supports making naturalization and citizenship for some categories of non-citizens easier to obtain ... Most of the ruling parties support the status quo. LPP and LC claimed in 2007, that they support voting rights for non-citizens ... The Latvian Russian Union, supportive of these steps, also supports the idea of a "no option". On the other side, the National ...
Predictions are used to support decision-making processes and policy decisions. During phases 3 and 4, data is often visualized ... and educational policy makers to make informed decisions about how to interact with, provide, and manage educational resources ... Humans can make inferences about data that may be beyond the scope in which an automated data mining method provides. For the ... This resource was created for those that are interested in participating in the educational data mining community. In 2010, the ...
The new policies made were aimed towards assimilation. Federal benefits and support services were eliminated. Public Law 280 ( ... The Alturas Indian Rancheria was created as a result of the intensified US Federal Indian Policy of Reorganization known as ... Men wore skirt-like materials made from animal hides while women wore shorts and skirts made usually from deer-hide. Men ... That was to make friends with all things. No doubt there were many things that watched me in the night.... They must have been ...
Macintosh, A. (2006). eParticipation in Policy-making: the research and the challenges. In P. Cunningham and M. Cunningham (eds ... 2005-2006 Computer Supported Argument Visualisation. 2004-2006 e-community council funded by the Scottish Executive. 2004- 2006 ... 2010-2012 IMPACT: Integrated Method for Policy making using Argument modelling and Computer assisted Text analysis. European ... Macintosh, A. (2004). Characterizing E-Participation in Policy-Making Proceedings of the Thirty-Seventh Annual Hawaii ...
making policy requests to local governments. giving support to member unions when they were in a labour dispute. promoting ... These policies created insecurity in employment by breaking down institutional regulatory and political support for unions. ... Thus, US community unions rely on politics and public policy in creating change for members (wages, hours, working conditions ... Supporting this idea, Hess also agrees that community factors have always been a part of unionism in "Community as a Factor in ...
... also supported the Supreme Court of India's judgement in Shah Bano case to make the right to maintenance of ... He is actively involved in policy making and Islam reformation. He has written various books and given multiple lectures. He is ... Khan quit the BJP in 2007 because he was "being ignored in the party". Mohammad Arif Ahmad has always supported reformation ...
To provide knowledge support to policy-making bodies to develop inclusive policies. To provide knowledge support to ... To provide knowledge-support to civil society organisations at the grassroot, state and national levels. Yadav, Bhupendra (6 ... To undertake research on policies to overcome discrimination, particularly 'exclusion and discrimination-induced deprivation' ... international development and funding agencies to enable them to shape their approach and funding policies towards problems of ...
... has been successful in influencing Indian policy making at various levels. The organization was instrumental in ... Educational Support Program Prerana instituted the first comprehensive Educational Support Program (ESP) in the country for ... Training and Capacity Building - for State bodies and other organizations on issues related to anti-trafficking. The Night Care ... 1990 The first ever Educational Support Program was designed to suit the needs of children living in the red light areas. 1998 ...
These changes have made clear the need for support for parents or their surrogates. As traditional structures dissipate and new ... Strengthening home-visiting intervention policy: Expanding reach, building knowledge. In Haskins, R. and Barnett, W. S. (eds). ... Parent education and support programmes not only include services that help parents in their role but may also include ... Parenting education and support has always existed (e.g. through informal kinship and family networks), but formal recognition ...
Olcott Built upon Withycombe's defense and state safety policies. His administration managed to obtain U.S. Army air patrols ... He narrowly won the Republican nomination, but lost the general election to the Klan-supported Democratic state senator Walter ... Once in office, Governor Olcott continued Withycombe's road-building agenda. Today's policy of leaving a protected buffer of ... He managed to make a sizeable profit from gold prospecting, allowing him to move back to Oregon. Olcott's good friend Oswald ...
The Executive Board is charged with policy-making for the organization and takes input and recommendations from committee ... They help school personnel support student education and solve their related learning problems. They also work with parents of ... CASP represents the profession to legislative audiences, government, and other policy-making bodies. Publications of CASP ...
Canning, however, successfully built wide public support for his policies. Historian Paul Hayes argues that he scored major ... He gave support to the growing campaign for the abolition of slavery. Canning continued many of Castlereagh's foreign policies ... His policies ensured a major trading advantage to British merchants and supported the Americans' Monroe Doctrine. Canning was ... In November Canning spoke out openly in support of Pitt in the Commons. One observer thought that Canning made incomparably the ...
To monitor and actively participate in public policy-making processes that impact the profession. To collect, analyze and ... It is supported solely by the voluntary contributions of the FICPA's members and others. The objective of the Florida CPA/PAC ... and monitor and actively participate in the public policy-making process. Chairs Mia Thomas (2015-16) Jeff Barbacci (2014-15) ... They created an accountancy exam. FLORIDA SOCIETY OF ACCOUNTANTS: In April 20, 1905, they organized into a group of accountants ...
... decision support and paradigms of decision making". European Journal of Operational Research. 170 (1): 156-171. doi:10.1016/j. ... policy simulation and decision support" (PDF). Journal of the Operational Research Society. 58 (5): 691-694. doi:10.1057/ ... an integrated approach for policy support". European Journal of Operational Research. 253 (2): 524-541. doi:10.1016/j.ejor. ... Productivity includes creating better agreements that are more likely to be implemented, and realizing (to the extent possible ...
Research Decision-making tools supporting the federal mobility and transport policy ; Innovative themes in collaboration with ... It makes studies and projections on economic, social and environmental policy issues and on their integration within the ... The FPB makes projections and evaluates past or intended policy in the following areas: Macroeconomic forecasting, projections ... Other studies are made at the request of the government, social partners and parliament. The FPB can also undertake projects at ...
"Using knowledge brokering to promote evidence-based policy-making: The need for support structures". Bulletin of the World ... public policymaking, and knowledge-translation processes: Canadian efforts to build bridges". The Journal of continuing ... Venture capitalists Consulting firms Evidence-informed decision making support organizations (e.g., Health EvidenceTM, which ... permanent dead link] R. C. Brownson, J. G. Gurney & G. H. Land (September 1999). "Evidence-based decision making in public ...
The Labor Government of Bob Hawke continued with these policies during the 1980s and early 1990s, and were further supported by ... According to Blainey, such policies created divisions and threatened national cohesion. He argued that "the evidence is clear ... Prime Minister John Curtin Supported White Australia policy, saying "This country shall remain forever the home of the ... Another leader of the Labor Party, Arthur Calwell (1960-1967) supported the White European Australia policy. This is reflected ...
Attaining Universal Health Coverage - A research initiative to support evidence-based advocacy and policy-making. EGEA 2010. ... Rockhopper TV has made a documentary about one aspect of Nishtar's work, which involves building systems for change. The ... "Journal of Pharmaceutical Policy and Practice - Journal Editors Profile: Sania Nishtar". Journal of Pharmaceutical Policy and ... She also founded Pakistan's Health Policy Forum, a civil society policy platform for health experts that has garnered ...
The Board of Director is responsible for overseeing and making policy decisions for the ECCK. The Advisory Board consist of 23 ... The European Chamber of Commerce in Korea (ECCK) is a non-profit, non-political organization, established to support European ... The ECCK provides expansive range of supporting programs and services. Through its various activities, the ECCK advocates for ... Herald, The Korea (2017-01-17). "Political crisis has made business in Korea more difficult: ECCK". Retrieved 2017-07-12. " ...
Overall, ISCA hopes to improve the general health and well being of individuals in creating a united society. Supporting cross- ... To fulfill the above, ISCA concentrates on three key areas: activities, education, and policy-making. In addition to event ... having a good time and making friends. Moreover, it is ISCA's philosophy that sport regulates social behavior and creates a ... the ISCA has an instrumental role in the public debate on sport and culture while striving to influence policies in these areas ...
Reducing integrated circuit test cost through improvements in multisite testing and built-in self-test, Abdullah O. Al-Obaidi ... The effects of social support, social networks, and functional ability on life satisfaction among oldest old adults, Rotem ... Educational Leadership and Policy Studies. *Human Development and Family Studies. *Kinesiology. *School of Education ... 3D printing of cellulose derivatives based-biogel matrices as the drug delivery system and support structure, Yiliang Cheng ...
Argument: Dont Make African Nations Borrow Money to Support Refugees Dont Make African Nations Borrow Money ... ... Dont Make African Nations Borrow Money to Support Refugees. Poor countries have borne the brunt of the refugee crisis. ... But when Tanzania finally approached international donors for support to make this approach sustainable at the first and second ... The CRRF is the operational pillar of a new U.N. Global Compact on Refugees, and one of its main aims is to better support ...
Find a collection of key briefings and reports across a range of cancer policy areas. ... The Macmillan Policy team demands better for people affected by cancer by working across the UK to develop, drive and support ... The Macmillan Policy team demands better for people affected by cancer by working across the UK to develop, drive and support ... Change for the latest analysis and insight from Macmillan Cancer Supports researchers, policy analysts and public affairs ...
Development Account projects aim at capacity-building through sub-regional, regional and interregional economic and technical ... The proposed project will build on the efforts to integrate the development agenda into national strategies and to build the ... The project will build on existing regional networks and projects, such as the ECA peer learning review/knowledge network on ... In particular, it will enable a mutual review of policies and projects facilitating scaling-up and possible regional ...
Using findings from a public opinion poll to build political support for tobacco control policy in Kenya ... Using findings from a public opinion poll to build political support for tobacco control policy in Kenya ... Objective To assess the level of public support for tobacco control policies and to discuss how these findings could be used to ... That information from this survey should be made available to researchers, policy analysts as long as the terms and conditions ...
Under the umbrella of Capacity Building in Support of Security and Development (CBSD), the EU seeks to enable the financing of ... Capacity Building in Support of Security and Development (CBSD): securitising EU development policy?. ... Under the umbrella of Capacity Building in Support of Security and Development (CBSD), the EU seeks to address this funding gap ... In the medium term, the EU should create a dedicated instrument that separates CBSD activities from funding for civilian ...
Support programs to provide students with a nutritious breakfast in the cafeteria, from grab and go carts in hallways, or in ... School and district level zero tolerance policies. Require school officials to apply predetermined consequences for certain ... low income or at-risk public school students and their families with information about social services and health care supports ...
Support programs to provide students with a nutritious breakfast in the cafeteria, from grab and go carts in hallways, or in ... School and district level zero tolerance policies. Require school officials to apply predetermined consequences for certain ... School-wide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (Tier 1). Teach positively stated behavior expectations to all ... SWPBIS is tier one of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) ...
How to build support for climate policies?. February 10, 2015. Stephan LewandowskyMark Hurlstone ... "The effect of framing and normative messages in building support for climate policies", was recently published in the open- ... We anticipated that policy support would be higher in the latter group than the former, and across both studies that is ... To make our studies ecologically valid, the policies were based on real economic modelling conducted by the Australian Treasury ...
... Login ... Weaknesses in policy to support technology diffusion : a study of additive manufacturing in South Africa. en_ZA. ... Kunniger, D. & Walwyn, D.R. 2017, Weaknesses in policy to support technology diffusion : a study of additive manufacturing in ... Policy instruments in support of doing, using and interacting need to be considerably strengthened if further decline in the ...
Make mental health support a feature of more insurance policies, says RedArc, prior to World Suicide Prevention Day (10 ... "All insurers should be looking at ways in which they can build mental health support services into their policies. In practice ... Direct and employer-sponsored insurance policies could help reduce the UKs suicide rate ... suicide is a desperately tragic event and we believe that if more insurers include support for mental health in their policies ...
With the continued support of the Malawi Ministry of Health and the Evidence-Informed Policy Network, KTPMalawi can continue to ... build on its role in facilitating the use of evidence in the development and refinement of health policy in Malawi. ... its intention to utilize a knowledge translation platform methodology to support evidence-informed national health policy. A ... and Asia to further evidence-informed national health policy. In this commentary, we discuss the approaches, activities and ...
â ¢ supporting electric vehicles,. â ¢ forging groundbreaking state-local partnerships to build municipal clean energy capacity ... Cuomo Can Build on Strong Clean Energy & Climate Policies. January 11, 2016 Kit Kennedy ... By creating such a plan to incentivize offshore wind power, though, New York can jumpstart a new industry that can create tens ... Making the States Energy Efficiency and Climate Goals Official: Last year, Governor Cuomo put forward important, additional ...
WIC and CACFP to support access to these programs for low-income families with young children. ... RWJF aims to fund research that will help guide decision-making about changes related to federal nutrition policies/programs ... Equity-Focused Policy Research. Building Evidence on Nutrition Supports for Low-Income Families with Young Children. Release ... RWJF is supporting research on the two other policy areas addressed in the research agenda-access to income supports and ECE- ...
Research Support, N.I.H., Extramural; Research Support, Non-U.S. Govt; Research Support, U.S. Govt, P.H.S. ... To examine policy makers public policy priorities related to physical activity and the built environment, identify classes of ... Priorities of Municipal Policy Makers in Relation to Physical Activity and the Built Environment: A Latent Class Analysis.. ... Publication types, MeSH terms, Grant support. Publication types. *Research Support, N.I.H., Extramural ...
Supporting policy-making. Impacting lives.. The FAO Global Forum on Food Security and Nutrition (FSN Forum) is an inclusive, ... neutral platform for people and institutions to share knowledge and support policy-making. ...
We Need Your Support. to Make Change Happen. We can ensure that decisions about our health, safety, and environment are based ... Successful application of science has played a large part in the policies that have made the United States of America the ... Over the next four years, 15,000 U.S. scientists added their names in support of restoring scientific integrity in policymaking ... In making the invalid claim that Iraq had sought to acquire aluminum tubes for uranium enrichment centrifuges, the ...
We are more confident than ever in our role bridging media, policy, and the public. And we thank you for your support. ... EU policy on Kenyan exports creating a local health crisis. EU policy on Kenyan exports creating a local health crisis. By Bob ... Your financial support helps build the future of our network of newsrooms across Europe. ... Crisis hits support for development aid. Support for development aid among French citizens was high in 2016, according to the ...
Building support for national climate policies. Photo: Eric E Johnson/Flickr Extreme heat, drought, storms, and other weather ... We Need Your Support. to Make Change Happen. We can reduce global warming emissions and ensure communities have the resources ... To support this effort, UCS regularly sends policy experts, scientists, and climate economists to international climate treaty ... Learn more about these policies - and what you can do to help support them - in these regional pages:. California & Western ...
Support Us. We cant do this work alone.. Donate Stay Updated. Sign up for updates ... Policy Impact Specialist, Georgia Health Policy Center. Stephany De Scisciolo. Senior Director of Knowledge, Impact & Strategy ... Building the Case: Low-Income Housing Tax Credit and Health. When. December 13, 2017 from 1:15 pm to 2:45 pm EST Where. ... Bipartisan Policy Center. 1225 Eye Street, NW Suite 1000. Washington, D.C. 20005 202 - 204 - 2400 [email protected] Working to ...
Support. Support Urban Institute. Your support helps Urban scholars continue to deliver evidence that can elevate debate, ... Fat wasnt the smoking gun, and reducing fat, or at least reducing fat without making other changes to diet and lifestyle, was ... POLICY CENTERS & INITIATIVES , Narrow your search by Policy Center or Initiative.. Select Center. Health Policy Center. Housing ... Other studies supported, and to some extent, continue to support this conclusion. Policymakers, heeding the evidence, responded ...
The 2017 Chicago Council Survey is made possible by the generous support of the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, ... US Public Not Convinced that Trumps Policies Will Make America Safer. September 11, 2017. By: Dina Smeltz, Senior Fellow, ... But the overall public is not convinced that the Trump administrations policies will make the United States safer from ... Fellow, Public Opinion and Asia Policy. Karl Friedhoff is a fellow in public opinion and Asia policy at the Chicago Council on ...
In this article, we suggest four questions that can be used to guide the monitoring and evaluation of policy or programme ... managers and other stakeholders whether a new policy or programme is being implemented in accordance with their expectations. ... is a specific attempt to try to determine whether the observed changes in outcomes can be attributed to a particular policy or ... This article is part of a series written for people responsible for making decisions about health policies and programmes and ...
SymptomsBiologicalEffectsSystemsImplementationPolicymakers2020PracticesInnovation2017ProgrammesProgrammePractitionersHealth2016ImplementEvidenceSustainabilityEmissionsInitiativesInterventionsSustainablePracticeTrumpPublic policyAimsLegislationGoalsResearchStatus quoGovernmentsWorkplacesGovernmentImplicationsApproachesRegulationsLegislatorsFrameworkWorld'sGovernanceMinistryDecisionsAdvocacyOrganizationsAfricaAdoption2019NationalBodiesCutsComplianceStakeholdersOperationalContentMainSolutionsEnforcementAdditive
- Sick building syndrome ( SBS ) is a medical condition where people in a building suffer from symptoms of illness or feel unwell for no apparent reason. (cantiumscientific.com)
- The symptoms tend to increase in severity with the time people spend in the building, and improve over time or even disappear when people are away from the building. (cantiumscientific.com)
- These symptoms appear to be linked to time spent in a building, though no specific illness or cause can be identified. (cantiumscientific.com)
- SBS is also used interchangeably with "building-related symptoms", which orients the name of the condition around patients rather than a "sick" building. (cantiumscientific.com)
- A 2015 study concerning the association of SBS and indoor air pollutants in office buildings in Iran found as CO 2 levels increase in a building, symptoms like nausea, headaches, nasal irritation, dyspnea, and throat dryness have also been shown to increase. (cantiumscientific.com)
- that sick building syndrome could be caused by inadequate ventilation, deteriorating fiberglass duct liners, chemical contaminants from indoor or outdoor sources, and biological contaminants, air recycled using fan coils, traffic noise, poor lighting, and buildings located in a polluted urban area. (cantiumscientific.com)
- However, there can be lingering effects of various neurotoxins , which may not clear up when the occupant leaves the building. (cantiumscientific.com)
- Many volatile organic compounds, which are considered chemical contaminants, can cause acute effects on the occupants of a building. (cantiumscientific.com)
- Knowledge translation platforms bring together policymakers, researchers, implementers, civil society groups, and other key health system stakeholders to facilitate the utilization of the best available local and international evidence to improve policy, its implementation and in refining national health research agendas. (biomedcentral.com)
- For those who support policymakers (Scenarios 2 and 3), this article suggests a number of questions to consider when planning how to monitor the implementation of policies and programmes, and the evaluation of their impacts. (biomedcentral.com)
- In addition, working with the California Health Benefit Exchange, known as Covered California, he is using the California Simulation of Insurance Markets (CalSIM) micro-simulation model to determine eligibility and likely enrollment in the subsidized marketplace created by the implementation of the ACA in 2014. (dukeupress.edu)
- The Office of Delivery Systems Innovation aligns and integrates clinical resources and policies to support the implementation of the coordinated care model throughout all provider and payer organizations, including the Health Authority. (oregon.gov)
- The chief medical officer's focus is to direct and guide implementation of clinical services so they support quality improvement outcomes and integrate delivery of behavioral, physical, and oral health care. (oregon.gov)
- The Office of Health Policy analyzes and develops policy options, facilitates stakeholder discussions, coordinates strategic and implementation planning efforts, and conducts health services research and policy evaluation for the Governor's Office, the Legislature, the Oregon Health Policy Board (OHPB), OHA, and other participants in Oregon's health system transformation work. (oregon.gov)
- By building on this momentum, federal and state policymakers can further opportunities for encouraging multi-sector implementation of trauma-informed models. (chcs.org)
- At the request of the WFP Executive Board, WFP provides regular updates on implementation of its HIV and AIDS policy . (wfp.org)
- Policy evaluations apply evaluation principles and methods to examine the content, implementation or impact of a policy. (ohpe.ca)
- ILO Employment Specialist Mr Luca Fedi elaborated the salient features of the National Employment Policy and identified ways for its implementation to enhance employment outcomes for the Somali population. (ilo.org)
- If health sector managers and policymakers overlook evidence on the root causes of problems or effective potential solutions to address these problems in different contexts, they risk wasting precious resources on inadequately designed programmes and policies. (biomedcentral.com)
- Evidence generated through funded projects should inform practice and policy and guide practitioners and policymakers (federal, state, and local) in setting priorities and allocating resources. (rwjf.org)
- The term monitoring is commonly used to describe the process of systematically collecting data to inform policymakers, managers and other stakeholders whether a new policy or programme is being implemented in accordance with their expectations. (biomedcentral.com)
- For policymakers (Scenario 1), this article suggests a number of questions that their staff might be asked when planning the monitoring and evaluation of a new policy. (biomedcentral.com)
- Policymakers and other stakeholders will often need to know whether a new policy or programme has been implemented in accordance with their expectations. (biomedcentral.com)
- Last updated: April 6, 2020 Urgent: CBSA is working with policymakers and business leaders to support our ecosystem during the COVID-19 pandemic and offer our community's expertise. (cobioscience.com)
- Instead, policymakers should be emphasizing the small effect that nudges have, and making it clear that wide-scale policies like a carbon tax are what's necessary to combat climate change. (fastcompany.com)
- Policymakers increasingly recognize the impact of trauma and adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) on lifelong physical, emotional, and social health and are beginning to support efforts for incorporating trauma-informed care (TIC) into the health and social service sectors. (chcs.org)
- A new tool integrates these barriers into model scenarios of future energy demand, enabling policymakers to optimise their policies so as to overcome this challenge. (europa.eu)
- According to Prof. Mavrakis: 'This allows policymakers to update and fine-tune the policies, and ultimately create the best policy recommendations. (europa.eu)
- Thanks to the HERON DST, policymakers at all government levels - local, regional and national - can identify the optimal policy mix. (europa.eu)
- This provides a pathway for relevant policymakers in all EU countries to adopt the most effective combination of policies for overcoming behavioural barriers,' he concludes. (europa.eu)
- Small and medium-sized enterprises are critical for emerging economies like Indonesia but simultaneously challenging for policymakers looking to support their growth. (rand.org)
- Given the magnitude and importance of these programs, policymakers are constantly looking for solutions to ensure the right care and social supports are provided at the right time and at the right cost. (sas.com)
- What our policymakers and health leaders need are stronger insights that allow for evidence-based decision making. (sas.com)
- Mounting data volumes and complexity make it difficult for policymakers to harness the desired insight. (sas.com)
- But about 15,000 Kenyan farmers that sell their wares on the international markets, and who make up 10% of all horticultural growers in the country, have increasingly become responsive to the demands of the European market, implementing practices like judicious application of pesticides, integrated pest management that embraces biological pest control and harvesting at the right time. (euractiv.com)
- Building practices, technology and construction techniques are constantly evolving. (www.gov.uk)
- On the job, healthcare administrations are bringing forth fresh ideas for policies, practices and patient care. (franklin.edu)
- Proposed state and federal legislative, regulatory, and contracting policies aimed at reducing trauma and toxic stress and promoting resiliency and trauma-informed practices are burgeoning. (chcs.org)
- In addition, the 2017 NCSL scan identified 20 approved statutes in 15 states that referenced ACEs and trauma-informed policies and practices. (chcs.org)
- The number of federal legislative proposals explicitly referencing trauma-informed practices has grown significantly in the last eight years since the first such bill, the Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking Deterrence and Victims Support Act of 2010 , was introduced in 2009. (chcs.org)
- The OECD Review of Policies and Practices for Monitoring and Evaluating Quality in Early Learning and Development was developed during 2013/14. (oecd.org)
- Organizational commitment to information security practices should be codified in a written policy. (informit.com)
- The information security policy is an authoritative document that informs decision making and practices. (informit.com)
- Rapid and pervasive technology diffusion presents one of the more difficult challenges for innovation policy and South Africa is no exception. (up.ac.za)
- Kunniger, D. & Walwyn, D.R. 2017, 'Weaknesses in policy to support technology diffusion : a study of additive manufacturing in South Africa', International Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 137-152. (up.ac.za)
- Moreover, computations made by the European Technology and Innovation Platform PV (ETIP-PV/ etip-pv.org ) show that it is economically viable to invest in solar-generated electricity from day one, provided you consume the electricity yourself", he says. (sintef.no)
- Organizations are continually evolving to build a strong, talented team that will propel their businesses forward while creating a desirable workplace that fosters creativity and innovation. (nyas.org)
- Make sure the next economic downturn results in an innovation upturn for your business, follow these 12 steps. (grantthornton.com)
- The 2017 Chicago Council Survey finds that majorities of Americans continue to think that international terrorism is the most critical threat to the United States (along with North Korea), and majorities continue to support US airstrikes, though not ground troops, to combat violent Islamic extremists. (thechicagocouncil.org)
- Thank you for trusting your child(ren) to our care and partnering with us to make 2017-2018 a great school year! (google.com)
- It also conducts strategic planning for the Department and coordinates research and development activities, including the management of Member State Support Programmes. (iaea.org)
- He said that 70% Somali population is less than 35 years of age and they need active policies and programmes to engage them in nation building and productive activities - and save them from falling into anti-social activities. (ilo.org)
- Elements in the mainstreaming task include staffing, budgeting, training programmes, policy procedures and guidelines. (wikibooks.org)
- The focus needs to turn from small projects to national programmes, supported by national policy commitments. (wikibooks.org)
- When the term impact evaluation is used, this usually implies that there is a specific attempt to try to determine whether the observed changes in outcomes can be attributed to a particular policy or programme. (biomedcentral.com)
- In this article, we suggest four questions that can be used to guide the monitoring and evaluation of policy or programme options. (biomedcentral.com)
- This policy brief summarizes the main points of the mitigation analysis of the EPIC programme for Zambia. (fao.org)
- This case study discusses the training and mentoring programme that took place at Jimma University between 2015 and 2016 to build the Ethiopian Federal Ministry of Health's capacity for using evidence in policy making. (inasp.info)
- The Minister also reaffirmed that the Policy will be implemented through a National Employment Programme with the support of UN Agencies. (ilo.org)
- For example, 95% of the respondents supported smoking restrictions in all enclosed public places and workplaces, 94% supported visible health warnings on tobacco product packages, 83% supported a ban on advertisements of cigarettes and tobacco products and 69% supported a ban on sponsorship of events by tobacco companies. (bmj.com)
- Every suicide is a desperately tragic event and we believe that if more insurers include support for mental health in their policies, and more employers are prepared to offer those policies to staff, we could see a real reduction in the suicide rate. (redarc.co.uk)
- All insurers should be looking at ways in which they can build mental health support services into their policies. (redarc.co.uk)
- The business case for employers is just as strong: employers need to understand exactly what additional benefits are provided within their group insurances and consider switching away from policies that do not provide mental health support. (redarc.co.uk)
- Our Mind and Body Toolkit , Assessment, and information on mental health conditions & treatment are designed to provide information and support. (redarc.co.uk)
- With the support of the World Health Organization's Evidence-Informed Policy Network, knowledge translation platforms have been developed throughout Africa, the Americas, Eastern Europe, and Asia to further evidence-informed national health policy. (biomedcentral.com)
- Through ongoing leadership, as well as financial and administrative support, the Malawi Ministry of Health has strongly signalled its intention to utilize a knowledge translation platform methodology to support evidence-informed national health policy. (biomedcentral.com)
- With the continued support of the Malawi Ministry of Health and the Evidence-Informed Policy Network, KTPMalawi can continue to build on its role in facilitating the use of evidence in the development and refinement of health policy in Malawi. (biomedcentral.com)
- Policy and decision making in public health can be a difficult undertaking, as health policies developed and implemented by ministries of health affect large populations. (biomedcentral.com)
- The purpose of this funding opportunity is to support action-oriented research that advances health equity, builds the knowledge base, and informs policymaking to increase access to nutrition supports and reduce nutrition disparities . (rwjf.org)
- New analysis from the Bipartisan Policy Center shows that the LIHTC also has the potential to improve health behaviors, health outcomes, and potentially reduce health care costs. (bipartisanpolicy.org)
- Join us for a panel discussion exploring innovative ways to leverage LIHTC policy to improve health, the promising research on the linkages between affordable housing and health, critical research gaps, and the implications for federal policy moving forward. (bipartisanpolicy.org)
- Dylan H. Roby is assistant professor of health policy and management in the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Fielding School of Public Health and director of the Health Economics and Evaluation Research Program in the UCLA Center for Health Policy Research. (dukeupress.edu)
- He is co-principal investigator of the UC Berkeley-UCLA California Health Policy Research Program. (dukeupress.edu)
- His research focuses on health care coverage, low-wage work, and labor standards policies. (dukeupress.edu)
- In addition, he is a graduate student researcher at the UCLA Center for Health Policy Research, working on the Low Income Health Program Transition for California's Department of Health Care Services. (dukeupress.edu)
- He is also a teaching assistant for health politics and policy in the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health. (dukeupress.edu)
- Gerald F. Kominski is professor of health policy and management and director of the UCLA Center for Health Policy Research in the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health. (dukeupress.edu)
- J Health Polit Policy Law (2014) 39 (4): 887-900. (dukeupress.edu)
- This article explores the creation, design, and execution of a university-based collaboration to provide responsive research and evidence to a group of diverse health care, labor, and consumer stakeholders through convening a funded series of deliberative meetings, research briefs, peer-reviewed journal articles, ad hoc data analyses, and policy analyses. (dukeupress.edu)
- Despite recent progress made by New Jersey to keep health care coverage more affordable, the Trump administration continues to come up with new and harmful ways to do just the opposite. (njpp.org)
- These newest actions would further undermine the health care marketplace, make insurance unaffordable for many more New Jerseyans, and could even increase the uninsured rate, which has dropped by about a third due to the Affordable Care Act (ACA). (njpp.org)
- Local community leaders, public officials, and influencers can amplify clear, empowering messages that support case investigation and contact tracing activities and encourage community members to take responsibility for their health and the health of their community by following guidance from public health agencies. (cdc.gov)
- On Thursday, the Department of Health Care Policy and Financing held a virtual stakeholder meeting to provide an update on the progress of Colorado's Canadian drug importation program. (cobioscience.com)
- Clinical decision support systems (CDSS) are computer-based programs that analyze data within EHRs to provide prompts and reminders to assist health care providers in implementing evidence-based clinical guidelines at the point of care. (cdc.gov)
- The Health Policy and Analytics Division (HPA) under the leadership of Jeremy Vandehey, provides agency-wide policy development, strategic planning, clinical leadership, development of statewide delivery system technology tools to support care coordination, CCO and delivery transformation support, and health system performance evaluation reports. (oregon.gov)
- This is accomplished through six main functions within Health Policy and Analytics. (oregon.gov)
- These services help Oregon identify opportunities, articulate program options, implement policy, and assess its progress toward achieving the triple aim of better health, better care, and lower costs. (oregon.gov)
- PEBB designs, contracts for, and administers health plans, group policy and flexible spending accounts for over 130,000 Oregonians. (oregon.gov)
- The bill has received significant support from a number of national, state, and local organizations, indicating growing awareness of the impact of trauma on health and behavior and the need for it to be addressed. (chcs.org)
- The United Nations' 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development , which created the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), considers that achieving zero hunger (SDG 2) and good health and wellbeing (SDG 3) for all requires a whole society approach and the engagement of all stakeholders (SDG 17). (isdi.org)
- Building healthy public policy is one of five key action areas under the Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion . (ohpe.ca)
- This article will highlight how to use Public Health Ontario's Ten Steps for Conducting an Evaluation to evaluate a healthy public policy. (ohpe.ca)
- But most importantly we need to be part of the SAME puzzle-the puzzle for democratic, egalitarian social change that respects our ecological limits, rather than the puzzle that intentionally or unintentionally supports the status quo that only creates more and more problems for our democracy, our health, our society, and our environment. (nffc.net)
- Enforcement of these policies was carried out by mandatory monthly gynecologic exams, and special state agents were stationed in health settings to investigate illegal abortions. (guttmacher.org)
- Combined with numerous other coercive incentives and disincentives, these policies reaped disastrous health consequences. (guttmacher.org)
- Interventions addressing structural and environmental conditions that have an impact on health, including the built environment, as well as the community environment. (cdc.gov)
- Governments make thousands of policy decisions each year that affect the health and well-being of millions of Americans. (sas.com)
- But deploying this data to create insights has historically been a challenge for health agencies. (sas.com)
- Ready to make data-driven health policy decisions? (sas.com)
- SAS offers industry-leading software to integrate your data, generate insights and share compelling visualizations for evidence-based decision making across the health care spectrum. (sas.com)
- By aggregating and managing data, applying sophisticated analytics and making those analytical insights easily consumable through visualization, health policy leaders and their IT groups are unlocking transformational insights that can improve health outcomes within a single generation. (sas.com)
- Jeffrey D. Sachs, Professor of Sustainable Development and Professor of Health Policy and Management at Columbia University, is Director of Columbia's Center for Sustainable Development and of the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network. (project-syndicate.org)
- Support for development aid among French citizens was high in 2016, according to the French Development Agency (AFD). (euractiv.com)
- On November 16, 2016, the Forum on Synthetic Biology of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine's Committee on Science, Technology, and Law (CSTL) hosted a workshop titled Making the Living World Engineerable: Science, Practice, and Policy . (nap.edu)
- This year, we need to codify and implement these goals, in order to create the regulatory certainty that will help businesses, utilities, and public officials fully invest in the state's low-carbon economy. (nrdc.org)
- Now as we work to implement broad reforms, we call upon the president and Congress to create conditions conducive to a thriving scientific enterprise that will serve our democracy with integrity and bring the full fruits of science to all Americans and to the world. (ucsusa.org)
- When participants could only implement the carbon tax, 70.3% said they supported it. (fastcompany.com)
- But when a green energy nudge became available to implement, only 55% supported implementing the carbon tax along with the nudge, or on its own. (fastcompany.com)
- The Linux FreeS/WAN project attempts to provide a practical means to implement this policy. (ietf.org)
- Each Community of Practice's mandate is to gather and synthesize the best available global and local evidence and produce evidence briefs for policy that have been used as the primary input into structured deliberative dialogues. (biomedcentral.com)
- Your support helps Urban scholars continue to deliver evidence that can elevate debate, transform communities, and improve lives. (urban.org)
- Scenario 3: You work in a unit supporting the government in its use of evidence in policymaking. (biomedcentral.com)
- Determine effectiveness and build an evidence base. (ohpe.ca)
- Around Washington, her diverse schedule is seen as evidence of an ambition that has taken her from early marriage and motherhood, through a devastating divorce, to a professorship at Georgetown University and finally to being a key member of the President's foreign policy team, one who has a shot at becoming the most senior female official in United States history. (nytimes.com)
- Innovative HHS agencies are overcoming these challenges and achieving evidence-based policymaking through the use of enterprise analytics platforms. (sas.com)
- This case study reports on the impact of evidence-informed policy making training developed through the VakaYiko project and the impact of this training on the Research, Statistics and Information Management Directorate of Ghana's Ministry of Employment and Labour Relations. (inasp.info)
- We raise awareness through our advocacy and campaigns and build the evidence base for social enterprises through our research. (socialenterprise.org.uk)
- It aims at designing and piloting online platforms that create awareness of sustainability problems and offer collaborative solutions. (europa.eu)
- We exist to increase the profile of the sector and to develop supportive ecosystems and the markets for social enterprises -We work with some of the UK's biggest companies to support them to expand their social impact and sustainability. (socialenterprise.org.uk)
- The paper reports a media analysis of the framing of Australia's carbon pricing scheme along with two studies exploring approaches to building public support for reducing emissions. (shapingtomorrowsworld.org)
- However, there is low willingness amongst the public to prioritise climate policies for reducing emissions. (shapingtomorrowsworld.org)
- The provision of a normative message identifying Australia as one of the world's largest CO 2 emitters did not increase the amount by which individuals were prepared to reduce emissions (Study 1), whereas a normative message revealing the emission policy preferences of other Australians did (Study 2). (shapingtomorrowsworld.org)
- The results suggest that framing the costs of reducing emissions as a smaller increase in future income and communicating normative information about others' emission policy preferences are effective methods for leveraging public support for emission cuts. (shapingtomorrowsworld.org)
- Our paper builds on previous work by Hatfield-Dodds and Morrison (2010) who found that a significant minority of Australians believe that taking action to reduce Australia's carbon emissions will cause future incomes to decrease. (shapingtomorrowsworld.org)
- The researchers suggested that this " worse-off" fallacy -the misbelief that people will be financially "worse-off" by reducing emissions-could be a pivotal factor underpinning people's reluctance to support climate policies. (shapingtomorrowsworld.org)
- Taking climate action can bring significant benefits to the United States , and the economic facts clearly support U.S. action to curb global warming emissions - including the prohibitive costs of doing nothing . (ucsusa.org)
- Several states and regions have already established climate policies aimed at curbing global emissions, notably in California and the Northeast. (ucsusa.org)
- To really reduce emissions, we need big, sweeping policies like a carbon tax. (fastcompany.com)
- Nudges, Hagmann says, are not in themselves bad policy-they do encourage individual engagement on climate issues, and they deliver small-scale emissions benefits. (fastcompany.com)
- There is also a close link between future reductions in pollutant emissions and EU climate and energy policy, which drives growth in renewables and the switch towards cleaner fuels in the remaining power plants. (europa.eu)
- In line with EU legislation, Member States report information on their policies and measures to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. (europa.eu)
- Funding The study was funded by the International Institute for Legislative Affairs, a not-for-profit non-governmental organisation that supports initiatives for tobacco control policy development in Kenya. (bmj.com)
- It offers many examples of new policy initiatives adopted in the ECEC field. (oecd.org)
- In addition, ISDI supports voluntary self-regulatory initiatives adopted by relevant industry associations subject to the applicable antitrust regulations. (isdi.org)
- CIOs are building relationships as trusted business partners who help drive and measure strategic initiatives, transforming IT from a cost center to a trust center. (grantthornton.com)
- But policies that frame nudges as a feasible alternative to larger interventions like a carbon tax are detrimental, he says. (fastcompany.com)
- The West Indian Ocean Deltas Exchange and Research Network (WIoDER) aims to support research, training, and pilot interventions in up to four Western Indian Ocean river deltas under pressure from human activity. (idrc.ca)
- The Policy on Country Strategic Plans provides a framework for WFP to align relief, recovery and development interventions, while upholding its commitment to prioritizing the needs of the most vulnerable people in. (wfp.org)
- Create a 360-degree, whole-person view of each member to identify high-risk populations and target interventions where they are needed most. (sas.com)
- Technology-enhanced learning approaches can improve the reach and scale of capacity development interventions to support research and higher education. (inasp.info)
- But when Tanzania finally approached international donors for support to make this approach sustainable at the first and second International Conference on Assistance to Refugees in Africa in 1981 and 1984, major donor countries made pledges but failed to deliver. (foreignpolicy.com)
- Your generous support helps develop science-based solutions for a healthy, safe, and sustainable future. (ucsusa.org)
- Collective impact argues that organizations should form cross-sector coalitions in order to make meaningful and sustainable progress on social issues. (wikipedia.org)
- Fair Transport" targets is a new policy model for the sector, which seeks to build on and extend the somewhat abstract and often ambiguous concept of sustainable transport or sustainable mobility. (yahoo.com)
- Somalia's national employment policy which lays out a strong foundation to provide sustainable employment opportunities for Somali population has been finalized. (ilo.org)
- The Employment Policy lays out a strong foundation to provide sustainable employment opportunities for the Somali population, said the Federal Minister for Labour & Social Affairs, Mr Salah Jama. (ilo.org)
- During opening remarks, planning committee chair Jef D. Boeke (New York University Langone Medical Center) noted the sponsors' interest in facilitating a discussion that considers scientific and technical progress made to date, how the current policy landscape is affecting the science and practice of synthetic biology, and what the current state of affairs means for federal policy. (nap.edu)
- first as innovator and second as educator, bringing forth new ideas for policy, practice and patient improvements. (franklin.edu)
- But the overall public is not convinced that the Trump administration's policies will make the United States safer from terrorism. (thechicagocouncil.org)
- Nearly two-thirds (64%) of Republicans think that the Trump administration's approach will make the United States safer versus just 13 percent of Democrats. (thechicagocouncil.org)
- While Americans divide on the security impacts of the Trump administration's policies, they are united in their sense of threat from terrorism. (thechicagocouncil.org)
- SACRAMENTO - The Trump administration may appear to control climate policy in Washington, but the nation's most dynamic environmental regulator is here in California. (nytimes.com)
- Although scientific input to thegovernment is rarely the only factor in public policy decisions, this input should always be weighed from an objective and impartial perspective to avoid perilous consequences. (ucsusa.org)
- He earned his PhD in public policy from George Washington University and has a BA in geography from UCLA. (dukeupress.edu)
- He holds a PhD in public policy analysis from the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School and a BA from the University of Chicago. (dukeupress.edu)
- Pew applies a rigorous, analytical approach to improve public policy, inform the public, and invigorate civic life. (pewtrusts.org)
- Her research focuses on economic inequality and public policy, specifically employment, social policy, and family economic well-being and her latest book is Finding Time: The Economics of Work-Life Conflict from Harvard University Press. (epi.org)
- Make a difference in public policy. (acs.org)
- Founded in 1980, the CCPA is one of Canada's leading progressive voices in public policy debates. (policyalternatives.ca)
- We have led public policy for 15 years, helping pass the Social Value Act, and act as a strategic partner to governments from across the political spectrum. (socialenterprise.org.uk)
- This publication focuses on quality issues: it aims to define quality and outlines five policy levers that can enhance quality in ECEC. (oecd.org)
- WFP's engagement in resilience-building aims to enhance the ability of vulnerable people to absorb, adapt and transform in the face of shocks and stressors. (wfp.org)
- This review exercise aims to build an understanding of how parliamentarians in Ghana obtain information to make decisions. (inasp.info)
- RWJF is supporting research on the two other policy areas addressed in the research agenda-access to income supports and ECE-through separate calls for proposals. (rwjf.org)
- This includes, as resources permit, the hosting of forums and seminars on relevant issues, the publication of academic papers, contributions to journals, research and other exchanges with regional defence colleges, the provision of lecture support to other agencies, and the establishment of key linkages within the neighbouring defence and business communities. (wikipedia.org)
- IDRC supports research in developing countries to create real and lasting change. (idrc.ca)
- Explore more than 1,000 research projects we've supported over the past decade. (idrc.ca)
- Women supporting Women" is an applied research project led by Fundación Democracia y Desarrollo. (idrc.ca)
- She previously served as chief economist for Hillary Clinton's transition team, and as an economist for the Center for American Progress, the Joint Economic Committee of the U.S. Congress, the Center for Economic and Policy Research, and the Economic Policy Institute. (epi.org)
- Many important decisions have been made without full research. (chinadaily.com.cn)
- The UNT Libraries serve the university and community by providing access to physical and online collections, fostering information literacy, supporting academic research, and much, much more. (unt.edu)
- The Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives is an independent, non-partisan research institute concerned with issues of social, economic and environmental justice. (policyalternatives.ca)
- A look at Ethiopia's background, research landscape, higher education system and the extent of use of research in policy making. (inasp.info)
- With a boom of these new start up social enterprises, an increasing consensus that mutual models can rebalance our economy and deliver inclusive growth, and the never-more urgent need of the social enterprise model across the world, SEUK's new membership model will strengthen the collective voice of the sector, build the research base and support a bigger mandate for social and economic change. (socialenterprise.org.uk)
- These theories may have seemed logical, but in fact supported the status quo where all questions were boiled down to what was best for individuals, sometimes including corporations. (nffc.net)
- This will not only require a political revolution, but a revolution in how we think and how we unconsciously support the status quo. (nffc.net)
- And we should do that not only when embarking on "social experiments" (i.e., making changes) but also when continuing a high-cost and potentially unsustainable status quo policy. (washingtonmonthly.com)
- They need support from financial services providers, the NHS, Governments and beyond. (macmillan.org.uk)
- Governments and healthcare leaders must set clear and ambitious plans to improve care and support for people affected by cancer. (macmillan.org.uk)
- It is important that they have access to the support they need from financial services providers, the NHS, Governments and beyond. (macmillan.org.uk)
- Data sharing statement This application requests support to collect public-use data from a survey of more than 2000 Kenyans seeking to hear about their opinions on the harm resulting from tobacco, their support for tobacco control policies and their assessment of governments concern for tobacco control. (bmj.com)
- The online version of the Quality Toolbox presents the five policy levers found to enhance quality in ECEC and contains several components not found in the publication, including a web page that compiles a sample of approaches used by governments to improve ECEC within their country. (oecd.org)
- Farmers in other countries were being told by their governments and scientists that the reason they could not make a living on their farms was because they farmed too few acres or hectares or fed too few head of livestock. (nffc.net)
- The government has been clear that it supports refugees but rejected the plan on principle because it wants rich countries to pay Tanzania rather than forcing it to borrow. (foreignpolicy.com)
- It is clear to me, having recently spoken with government officials and leaders of nongovernmental organizations, that Tanzania is a country committed to supporting refugees but which feels that international lenders and the United Nations have consistently let it down. (foreignpolicy.com)
- Tanzania's government gave refugees access to land, making it one of the most progressive refugee-hosting countries in the world. (foreignpolicy.com)
- We work with government and politicians to improve care and support at every stage of the cancer journey. (macmillan.org.uk)
- Conclusions There was overwhelming public support for tobacco control policies and a general view that government was not doing enough in implementing policies to protect the public from tobacco harm. (bmj.com)
- This is a copy of a document that stated a policy of the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government. (www.gov.uk)
- The previous URL of this page was https://www.gov.uk/government/policies/providing-effective-building-regulations-so-that-new-and-altered-buildings-are-safe-accessible-and-efficient . (www.gov.uk)
- The Department for Communities and Local Government ( DCLG ) has enacted a package of deregulatory changes to the building regulations in 2012 to make sure they continue to be up to date and effective. (www.gov.uk)
- The government has simplified the planning system so councils have the freedom to make decisions in the best interests of their area. (www.gov.uk)
- While all those things are important, changes in government policies are going to be necessary for the world to rapidly decarbonize the economy over the next decade. (fastcompany.com)
- Merely reminding people of their own past actions to reduce energy consumption has been found to decrease support for government action on climate change," the study authors write. (fastcompany.com)
- The mass media's role in informing the American public is critical to public support for government policies. (unt.edu)
- 27 Jul 20 - Instead of blaming protected newts for thwarting the build, build, build agenda, politicians and developers must incorporate green thinking into the design of new infrastructure, according to the chair of the UK government s conservation watchdog. (carbonnews.co.nz)
- Finally, he emphasized on importance of data and labour market analysis for sound employment policies and affirmed that the Government will institutionalize regular Labour Force data collection. (ilo.org)
- Educational leaders typically work closely with teachers, faculty, students, parents, and government bodies to create stability and effectiveness in school systems. (gradschools.com)
- Furthermore, in advocating policies that are not scientifically sound, the administration has sometimes misrepresented scientific knowledge and misled the public about the implications of its policies. (ucsusa.org)
- Hagmann and his team's findings have significant implications for how climate policies should be designed going forward. (fastcompany.com)
- Build a clean energy economy by investing in efficient energy technologies, industries, and approaches. (ucsusa.org)
- The authors present the diversity of approaches to dealing with environmental complexity and then encourage readers to make comparisons between these approaches and between different disciplines. (wiley.com)
- Building regulations contain the rules for building work in new and altered buildings to make them safe and accessible and limit waste and environmental damage. (www.gov.uk)
- We need to make sure that building regulations are fair, efficient, up to date and effective. (www.gov.uk)
- DCLG also carries out many ongoing actions to provide effective building regulations. (www.gov.uk)
- The first set of national building standards were introduced in the Building Regulations 1965. (www.gov.uk)
- The Building Act 1984 brought fundamental changes to the building regulations regime. (www.gov.uk)
- The department published on 18 December 2012 a combined summary of responses (PDF 1.11MB) to the building regulations consultation package issued on 31 January 2012. (www.gov.uk)
- The consultation contained a range of proposals to improve the building regulations regime in England. (www.gov.uk)
- Following this challenge, DCLG launched a review of the building regulations framework and voluntary housing standards in October 2012. (www.gov.uk)
- A system of State regulations and serious support for the country's agro-industrial complex is envisaged. (un.org)
- ISDI supports the setting of high standards on safety and quality, and strongly endorses the adoption of internal governance procedures by its members and manufacturers in the industry to ensure compliance with local regulations and legal accountability to relevant competent authorities. (isdi.org)
- This includes food safety and quality of specialised nutrition products developed or manufactured by our members for people with special nutritional needs, as well as all policies and regulations relevant to our sector. (isdi.org)
- Successful application of science has played a large part in the policies that have made the United States of America the world's most powerful nation and its citizens increasingly prosperous and healthy. (ucsusa.org)
- The Department of Safeguards carries out the IAEA's duties and responsibilities as the world's nuclear inspectorate, supporting global efforts to stop the spread of nuclear weapons. (iaea.org)
- With the complexity of healthcare economics, policies, governance and quality, today's influencers are taking on a more visionary role, helping shift the way our nation's healthcare system works. (franklin.edu)
- Risk management, governance, and information policy are the basis of an information program. (informit.com)
- Had Richard Nixon also based his decisions on such calculations he would not have supported the Clean Air Act of 1970, which in the following 20 years prevented more than 200,000 premature deaths and millions of cases of respiratory and cardiovascular disease. (ucsusa.org)
- It is also important for supporting policy evaluation and informing policy decisions. (europa.eu)
- The Plan is expected to strengthen and develop the policy decisions adopted earlier on ecological problems, and to integrate environmental problems into specific programs and the projects. (un.org)
- Unfortunately, resources can be a major factor in decisions made in subsequent steps. (ohpe.ca)
- In this step, you will further prioritize and refine these questions based on time and resources, decisions to be made based on the results, and existing information or evaluations. (ohpe.ca)
- The specific idea behind Fair Transport is to move beyond generalities and instead come up with a number of specific criteria, sign posts and tests to guide investments, decisions and actions in the transport field, and in particular those that are funded through taxpayer contributions or which require public support or authorization. (yahoo.com)
- We are convinced that no public or publicly supported projects should be carried out without these tests being applied and the results made openly and publicly available in time to make, support or eventually block or modify the go-ahead decisions that traditionally have been made more or less in isolation in central places. (yahoo.com)
- The concept of collective impact hinges on the idea that in order for organizations to create lasting solutions to social problems on a large-scale, they need to coordinate their efforts and work together around a clearly defined goal. (wikipedia.org)
- Continuous Communication: Frequent communications over a long period of time among key players within and across organizations, to build trust and inform ongoing learning and adaptation of strategy. (wikipedia.org)
- Supports Delivery and Operational organizations. (mail-archive.com)
- During the anti-colonial liberation wars of the 1960s and 1970s, Nyerere offered an open-door policy to hundreds of thousands of people fleeing southern African nations including South Africa and what was then Rhodesia. (foreignpolicy.com)
- Policy instruments in support of doing, using and interacting need to be considerably strengthened if further decline in the manufacturing sector of middle-income countries such as South Africa, is to be avoided. (up.ac.za)
- Utilizing a methodology developed and tested by knowledge translation platforms across Africa, a stakeholder mapping exercise and initial capacity building workshops were undertaken and a multidisciplinary Steering Committee was formed. (biomedcentral.com)
- Most of the burden of a carbon tax, after all, will be born by large emitters like manufacturers, and emphasizing the relatively minimal costs to everyday people-as well as the substantial benefits to the planet-of supporting such a policy could lead to more ready adoption. (fastcompany.com)
- Europe is leading efforts to design policies that encourage energy efficiency in the buildings sector, but many obstacles - such as lack of funds or fear of technology - still compromise the adoption of these policies. (europa.eu)
- The project will address this need by supporting the establishment of regional knowledge networks, developing capacity through a portal for Member States and establishing stronger links among countries at the regional level, including National Voluntary Presentation countries. (un.org)
- Given the current political situation in Washington, it is unlikely that any broader national climate policies will emerge from Congress in the near-term future - continued and growing public demand for climate action will be essential to enact effective global warming solutions in the years to come. (ucsusa.org)
- Dodson says that airlines damaging or losing wheelchairs or scooters is so common that when Paralyzed Veterans of America hold their annual National Veterans Wheelchair Games, the group makes sure wheelchair repair technicians are on hand with as many spare-parts as possible to deal with the inevitable problems. (motherjones.com)
- These scholars, in their media agenda-building theory, argued that the success of media effect on national agenda is dependent on group support. (unt.edu)
- He highlighted the level of effort gone into the process for developing National Employment Policy - with a focus on inclusivity, participation and ownership by the relevant stakeholders of Somalia. (ilo.org)
- The National Employment Policy will open up opportunities for Somali population - particularly youth, women and vulnerable groups, to access decent employment opportunities. (ilo.org)
- In this study, the diffusion of additive manufacturing (AM) in a single geographic cluster of the main manufacturing province was studied. (up.ac.za)
- The term performance monitoring is often used when the main focus of an evaluation is comparing "how well a project, program, or policy is being implemented against expected results" [ 2 ]. (biomedcentral.com)