That portion of the electromagnetic spectrum immediately below the visible range and extending into the x-ray frequencies. The longer wavelengths (near-UV or biotic or vital rays) are necessary for the endogenous synthesis of vitamin D and are also called antirachitic rays; the shorter, ionizing wavelengths (far-UV or abiotic or extravital rays) are viricidal, bactericidal, mutagenic, and carcinogenic and are used as disinfectants.
Vitamin D Deficiency
A nutritional condition produced by a deficiency of VITAMIN D in the diet, insufficient production of vitamin D in the skin, inadequate absorption of vitamin D from the diet, or abnormal conversion of vitamin D to its bioactive metabolites. It is manifested clinically as RICKETS in children and OSTEOMALACIA in adults. (From Cecil Textbook of Medicine, 19th ed, p1406)
A vitamin that includes both CHOLECALCIFEROLS and ERGOCALCIFEROLS, which have the common effect of preventing or curing RICKETS in animals. It can also be viewed as a hormone since it can be formed in SKIN by action of ULTRAVIOLET RAYS upon the precursors, 7-dehydrocholesterol and ERGOSTEROL, and acts on VITAMIN D RECEPTORS to regulate CALCIUM in opposition to PARATHYROID HORMONE.
Disorders caused by interruption of BONE MINERALIZATION manifesting as OSTEOMALACIA in adults and characteristic deformities in infancy and childhood due to disturbances in normal BONE FORMATION. The mineralization process may be interrupted by disruption of VITAMIN D; PHOSPHORUS; or CALCIUM homeostasis, resulting from dietary deficiencies, or acquired, or inherited metabolic, or hormonal disturbances.
Abnormal responses to sunlight or artificial light due to extreme reactivity of light-absorbing molecules in tissues. It refers almost exclusively to skin photosensitivity, including sunburn, reactions due to repeated prolonged exposure in the absence of photosensitizing factors, and reactions requiring photosensitizing factors such as photosensitizing agents and certain diseases. With restricted reference to skin tissue, it does not include photosensitivity of the eye to light, as in photophobia or photosensitive epilepsy.
Carcinoma, Basal Cell
A malignant skin neoplasm that seldom metastasizes but has potentialities for local invasion and destruction. Clinically it is divided into types: nodular, cicatricial, morphaic, and erythematoid (pagetoid). They develop on hair-bearing skin, most commonly on sun-exposed areas. Approximately 85% are found on the head and neck area and the remaining 15% on the trunk and limbs. (From DeVita Jr et al., Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology, 3d ed, p1471)
Sun Protection Factor
Dose-Response Relationship, Radiation
The processes by which organisms utilize organic substances as their nutrient sources. Contrasts with AUTOTROPHIC PROCESSES which make use of simple inorganic substances as the nutrient supply source. Heterotrophs can be either chemoheterotrophs (or chemoorganotrophs) which also require organic substances such as glucose for their primary metabolic energy requirements, or photoheterotrophs (or photoorganotrophs) which derive their primary energy requirements from light. Depending on environmental conditions some organisms can switch between different nutritional modes (AUTOTROPHY; heterotrophy; chemotrophy; or PHOTOTROPHY) to utilize different sources to meet their nutrients and energy requirements.
The group of celestial bodies, including the EARTH, orbiting around and gravitationally bound by the sun. It includes eight planets, one minor planet, and 34 natural satellites, more than 1,000 observed comets, and thousands of lesser bodies known as MINOR PLANETS (asteroids) and METEOROIDS. (From Academic American Encyclopedia, 1983)
The synthesis by organisms of organic chemical compounds, especially carbohydrates, from carbon dioxide using energy obtained from light rather than from the oxidation of chemical compounds. Photosynthesis comprises two separate processes: the light reactions and the dark reactions. In higher plants; GREEN ALGAE; and CYANOBACTERIA; NADPH and ATP formed by the light reactions drive the dark reactions which result in the fixation of carbon dioxide. (from Oxford Dictionary of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 2001)
Eye Protective Devices
A plant family of the order Lamiales. It is characterized by simple leaves in opposite pairs, cystoliths (enlarged cells containing crystals of calcium carbonate), and bilaterally symmetrical and bisexual flowers that are usually crowded together. The common name for Ruellia of wild petunia is easily confused with PETUNIA.
25-Hydroxyvitamin D 2
Vitamin D status in different subgroups of British Asians. (1/1331)To assess the effect of religious dietary practices and social customs on the vitamin D status of Asian immigrants, we kept records of the dietary intake and time spent out of doors of 81 Ugandan Asian men, women, and girls (9-19 years old). Sera were analysed for 25-hydroxycholecalciferol (25-OHD3), and 28% of the subjects were found to have levels below the lower limit of normal. The (vegetarian) Hindus had the lowest dietary intakes, least time out of doors, and lowest serum 25-OHD3. The Goan (Roman Catholic) Asians, despite more pigmentation, had 25-OHD3 levels similar to those found among indigenous British people and had the most satisfactory vitamin D intakes. Among Asians, whose exposure to sunlight may be limited, dietary vitamin D becomes the major determinant of serum 25-OHD3. (+info)
Histologic analysis of photochemical lesions produced in rhesus retina by short-wave-length light. (2/1331)The photopathology of retinal lesions produced by extended exposure (1000 sec) to low corneal power levels (62 microW) of blue light (441 nm) was investigated by light microscopy in 20 rhesus eyes over an interval ranging from 1 hr to 90 days after exposure. Results indicate a nonthermal type of photochemical lesion originating in the retinal pigment epithelium and leading to a histological response with hypopigmentation which requires 48 hr to appear. This type of lesion helps to explain solar retinitis and eclipse blindness and has significance for aging and degenerative changes in the retina. (+info)
Absorption of solar radiation by an ellipsoid sensor simulated the human body. (3/1331)Assessment of heat gain in man caused by solar radiation is one of the most important problems in research of the human heat balance outdoors. The purpose of the present study was to investigate a new method for estimation of solar heat income. Absorption of short wave radiation (direct, diffuse and reflected) was measured with an ellipsoid sensor representing a simple, physical model of man. Measurements were performed in climatic chamber with the use of an iodide CSI solar lamp. The absorbed quantity of solar radiation varied as a result of sun altitude as well as of a colour and insulation of fabric covering the ellipsoid sensor. The new coefficients derived from our investigations for estimating doses of absorbed solar radiation should be applicable for a standing man. They correlate better with mean skin temperature observed on subjects outdoor than previous results obtained based on a cylinder as an analogue model of man. The ellipsoid sensor covered by a black fabric absorbed about 6 times more of solar radiation than when covered by a white textile. (+info)
Merkel cell carcinoma and melanoma: etiological similarities and differences. (4/1331)Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC) of the skin and cutaneous malignant melanoma can now be compared epidemiologically through the use of population-based data not previously available for MCC. The results may provide new clues to etiology. In this study, United States data covered by the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program were from nine areas of the United States (approximately 10% of the population). In 1986-1994, 425 cases of MCC were registered. The annual age-adjusted incidence per 100,000 of MCC was 0.23 for whites and 0.01 for blacks; among whites, the ratio of melanoma to MCC was approximately 65 to 1. Only 5% of MCC occurred before age 50, unlike the lifelong risk of nodular and superficial spreading melanoma. Regional incidence rates of both cancers increased similarly with increasing sun exposure as measured by the UVB solar index. The most sun-exposed anatomical site, the face, was the location of 36% of MCC but only 14% of melanoma. Both cancers increased in frequency and aggressiveness after immunosuppression and organ transplantation (36 cases from the Cincinnati Transplant Tumor registry and 12 from published case reports) and after B-cell neoplasia (5 cases in this study; 13 from case series in the literature). The SEER data contained reports of six patients with both types of cancer; 5 melanomas before the diagnosis of MCC and 1 after diagnosis. MCC and melanoma are similarly related to sun exposure and immunosuppression, but they differ markedly from one another in their distributions by age, race, and anatomical site, especially the face. (+info)
p53 mutations in human cutaneous melanoma correlate with sun exposure but are not always involved in melanomagenesis. (5/1331)In melanoma, the relationship between sun exposure and the origin of mutations in either the N-ras oncogene or the p53 tumour-suppressor gene is not as clear as in other types of skin cancer. We have previously shown that mutations in the N-ras gene occur more frequently in melanomas originating from sun-exposed body sites, indicating that these mutations are UV induced. To investigate whether sun exposure also affects p53 in melanoma, we analysed 81 melanoma specimens for mutations in the p53 gene. The mutation frequency is higher than thus far reported: 17 specimens (21%) harbour one or more p53 mutations. Strikingly, 17 out of 22 mutations in p53 are of the C:G to TA or CC:GG to TT:AA transitional type, strongly suggesting an aetiology involving UV exposure. Interestingly, the p53 mutation frequency in metastases was much lower than in primary tumours. In the case of metastases, a role for sun exposure was indicated by the finding that the mutations are present exclusively in skin metastases and not in internal metastases. Together with a relatively frequent occurrence of silent third-base pair mutations in primary melanomas, this indicates that the p53 mutations, at least in these tumours, have not contributed to melanomagenesis and may have originated after establishment of the primary tumour. (+info)
In situ repair of cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers and 6-4 photoproducts in human skin exposed to solar simulating radiation. (6/1331)DNA repair is crucial to the integrity of the human genome. The ultraviolet radiation portion of solar radiation is responsible for the rising incidence of skin cancer, one of the most common types of cancer in humans. We applied a recently developed 32P-postlabeling technique to measure the in situ DNA repair efficiency of solar-simulated radiation induced cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers and 6-4 photoproducts in the skin of nine healthy volunteers with skin type II. Our results show about 6-fold interindividual variations in the level of DNA damage after exposure to an equal biologic dose - 2 minimal erythema doses. The kinetics of DNA repair indicated a base sequence dependence of the repair process. The DNA repair efficiency showed a 20-fold difference in volunteers. An age-related decrease of DNA repair capacity was observed; however, the data are limited due to a small number of subjects and a narrow age range. The variable response in DNA damage levels and individual differences in DNA repair efficiency suggest a susceptible subgroup of people probably with a higher skin cancer risk. (+info)
Is sunlight an aetiological agent in the genesis of retinoblastoma? (7/1331)The incidence of unilateral, but not bilateral, retinoblastoma in human populations at different geographical locations increases significantly with ambient erythemal dose of ultraviolet B radiation from sunlight. This supports the hypothesis that sunlight plays a role in retinoblastoma formation. (+info)
Ineffective vitamin D synthesis in cats is reversed by an inhibitor of 7-dehydrocholestrol-delta7-reductase. (8/1331)Changes in plasma 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25-OHD) were used as an index of vitamin D status of cats. Plasma 25-OHD concentration of kittens given a purified vitamin D-free diet and exposed to direct summer sun for 15 h/wk declined at a similar rate as kittens given the same diet kept indoors. Similarly, plasma 25-OHD of kittens exposed to ultraviolet (UV) lamps declined at a similar rate as kittens not exposed, and these kittens developed clinical signs of vitamin D deficiency. Eight weaned kittens were given the vitamin D-free purified diet until their plasma concentrations of 25-OHD were < 5 nmol/L. They then had the hair on their backs clipped at weekly intervals and were paired on the basis of skin color and exposed to UV light for 2 h/d. One member of each pair was given an inhibitor of 7-dehydrocholesterol (5, 7-cholestradien-3beta-ol)-delta7-reductase (EC 220.127.116.11) in the diet. Cats receiving the inhibitor had a progressive increase in 25-OHD concentration of plasma with time to 91 +/- 22 nmol/L (mean +/- SEM), whereas cats not receiving the inhibitor had plasma 25-OHD concentrations that were not detectable (P < 0.001). Biopsy samples of skin from cats receiving the inhibitor had more than five times the concentration of 7-dehydrocholesterol (P < 0.001) than the skin of control cats. Low concentration of 7-dehydrocholesterol (presumably due to high activity of the reductase) in the skin of cats is the major impediment to effective vitamin D synthesis. Analysis of wild caught potential prey of cats indicated that these animals could supply adequate vitamin D to meet the requirement of growing kittens. (+info)
solar irradiance map australia
To make the above maps, the multiyear solar irradiance was calculated from the NSRDB. v1.1.2 (May 2019) Added 2018 option to Start and End Dates for Interannual data. Solar Flagships Program at a cost of $1.5 billion as part of its Clean Energy Initiative to support the construction and demonstration of large scale (up to 1000 MW) solar power stations in Australia. This solar irradiance calculator takes data collated over a 22 year period to provide monthly average irradiance figures. Solar irradiance is the power per unit area (watt per square metre, W/m2), received from the Sun in the form of electromagnetic radiation as reported in the wavelength range of the measuring instrument. Solar irradiance is often integrated over a given time period in order to report the radiant ener While the solar resource in Saudi Arabia and the Arabian Peninsula was believed to be significant based on limited past data, understanding the spatial and temporal variability requires significantly more data and ...
The Sunlight On The Garden Poem by Louis Macneice - Poem Hunter
The Sunlight On The Garden by Louis Macneice. .The sunlight on the garden Hardens and grows cold We cannot cage the minute Within its nets of gold When all is told We cannot beg for pardon. Our . Page
Planting in Direct Sunlight - Knowledgebase Question - Garden.org
I Live in Upstate NY and have to redo a small garden in the front of my house. It receives direct sunlight from around 11:00 in the morning until 6 or 7 in the evening. The soil is an average type soil (somewhat on the dry side) that has been mixed with peat moss over the years. I would like to plant several small bushes with some ground cover and flowers. Do you have any suggestions on what types of shrubs, ground cover and flowers would grow in the direct sunlight. The area is approximately 6 x 20. Thanks for your advice ...
Solar Ultraviolet Radiation Dosimetry and Epidemiology - National Cancer Institute
Dr. Elizabeth Cahoon presents an overview on solar ultraviolet radiation (UVR) dosimetry and epidemiology and its public health importance. (Radiation Epidemiology and Dosimetry Course 2019)
Epub Stratospheric Ozone Reduction, Solar Ultraviolet Radiation And Plant Life
epub Stratospheric Ozone Reduction, Solar Ultraviolet Radiation and Plant Life only to be the connection and get parents of Astro Fibonacci planets. technology not to delight how to start grains regression for past payment. astrological Motion proves a small astro for rates and topics.
Wholesale Solar Light ☆ Find 3,891 solar light products from 1,211 manufacturers & suppliers at EC21. ☆ Choose quality solar light manufacturers, suppliers & exporters now - EC21
Harbor seals basking in the warm sunlight on a rocky island Stock Photo - Alamy
Download this stock image: Harbor seals basking in the warm sunlight on a rocky island - DF02PB from Alamys library of millions of high resolution stock photos, illustrations and vectors.
Sunlight On Green Mountain Farm stock photo 94323624 | iStock
Download this Sunlight On Green Mountain Farm photo now. And search more of the webs best library of royalty-free stock images from iStock.
Sunlight on the lawn - Beverley Nichols Hardback - musicMagpie Store
Looking for Sunlight on the lawn - Beverley Nichols Hardback? Visit musicMagpie for great deals and super savings with FREE delivery today!
The Best Disinfectant Is Sunlight - Wondr
In 1929, architect Richard Neutra built the famous Health House in the Hollywood Hills of Los Angeles. His brief was to design a home that strengthened the health and well-being of its owner, Dr. Philip Lovell. The Health House provided Dr. Lovell with access to plenty of sunlight and fresh air. Such thinking informed the work of other architects of the period, such as Le Corbusier. In his influential manifesto The Athens Charter, Le Corbusier argued bringing in the sun was the architects new and most urgent duty.. However, many years before Neutra and Le Corbusier - and before the effects of sunlight exposure were investigated scientifically - Florence Nightingale had already identified sunlight as key to promoting health in hospitals. She wrote:. Direct sunlight, not only daylight, is necessary for speedy recovery, except, perhaps in certain ophthalmic and a small number of other cases.. Florence Nightingale insisted on sunlight because she believed it helped her patients get better and ...
Vegetables That Dont Need Full Sunlight | Home Guides | SF Gate
Vegetables That Dont Need Full Sunlight. Just as sleep is vital for people, sun is vital for vegetables. All vegetables require partial sun, with many requiring nothing less than full sun. Those that can tolerate partially shady conditions may produce a yield smaller than if they were grown in full sun. During ...
Effect of season and sunlight on viral kinetics during hepatitis C virus therapy | BMJ Open Gastroenterology
This is the first study to establish a link between the season of initiating interferon/ribavirin-based therapy for CHC and viral response to treatment. Our results suggest that viral response to treatment was influenced by the hours of sunlight, and by inference, sunlight exposure, a surrogate marker of vitamin D levels.. The most striking finding in our cohort of patients from different latitudes was that a different viral response was observed according to the season of initiating peginterferon/ribavirin-based treatment. In fact, patients starting treatment during the season with the highest daily hours of sunlight, according to the State Meterological Agency,17 showed the highest rate of RVR. We believe our findings are coherent for different reasons. First, the rate of viral response correlated well with the effectiveness of treatment since the largest difference in the response pattern was observed in patients receiving lead-in therapy instead of direct-acting antiviral agents from the ...
Effects of above average summer sun exposure on serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D and calcium absorption
The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of summer sun exposure on serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D], calcium absorption fraction, and urinary calcium excretion. Subjects were 30 healthy men who had just completed a summer season of extended outdoor activity (e.g. landscaping, construc …
Indoor Plants That Will Tolerate Direct Sunlight | Home Guides | SF Gate
Indoor Plants That Will Tolerate Direct Sunlight. Houseplants add life and color to any home, but if yours has a sunroom, porch or large windows, you need to choose sunlight-loving varieties. Ignore this step and you will see your hopes for lush, healthy plants wither. When shopping for a new home, or designing one to ...
Re: [IP] Insulin and Sunlight
Does being in the sun at the beach or playing sports in the sun in the , heat affect insulin ? Ginny who Has to stay out of the sun. ----- Yes, the sun will affect insulin. First there is the heat from the sun which will affect its viability. Then there is the effect of the sunlight on the cresol preservative, not on the insulin crystals. The sunlight tends to turn the cresol a not-lovely shade of brown. I guess Lilly Co. figures no one wants to inject a brown insulin, so they warn us to avoid sunlight on insulin. George ---------------------------------------------------------- for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: [email protected] send a DONATION http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org/donate.shtml ...
Privacy & Confidentiality : Lisinopril Direct Sunlight
Save On Prescription Drugs Online Or By Mail Order. Discreet Packaging Via Recorded Delivery. Great Prices For Bulk Orders. Lisinopril Direct Sunlight.
MacOdrum Library - Carletons Institutional Repository: Occupational exposure to solar ultraviolet radiation and the risk of...
Objectives Preventable risk factors for prostate cancer are poorly understood; sun exposure is a possible protective factor. The goal of this study was to investigate prostate cancer risk in outdoor workers, a population with high sun exposure. Methods Prostate cancer cases and controls from a large study (conducted between 1994 and 1997) were used for this analysis. A job exposure matrix ( JEM) was used to assign solar ultraviolet radiation (UVR) at work as moderate (2 to ,6 hours outside/day) or high (≥6 hours). Average daily satellite UV-B measures were linked to the latitude/longitude of the residences of each participant. Several other exposure metrics were also examined, including ever/never exposed and standard erythemal dose by years (SED×years). Logistic regression was used to evaluate the association between solar UVR exposure and the odds of prostate cancer. Results A total of 1638 cases and 1697 controls were included. Men of Indian and Asian descent had reduced odds of prostate ...
Instructions for Solar Lights | eHow
Outdoor solar lights use the energy provided by sunlight to charge preinstalled batteries. Most have sensors that will turn the light on automatically when the sun begins to go down and off when the sun comes up. Some solar lights are mounted on ground spikes or stakes, and others are simply placed on the ground.
Sunlight - Ultraviolet (UV) Radiation - OHS Reps
Many outdoor workers are exposed to dangerous levels of ultraviolet radiation, sometimes over many years. If not detected early enough, sun damage can lead to fatal cancers. The problem in Victoria is very serious. According to the Cancer Council Victoria,Australia and New Zealand have the highest rates of melanoma in the world. More than 10,000 people are diagnosed with melanoma in Australia every year. Melanoma of the skin is the fourth most common cancer in both men and women. It accounts for 10 per cent of all cancer diagnoses. One in 19 Australians will be diagnosed with melanoma before age 85, and it is the most common type of cancer in young Australians aged 15 to 44 (20 per cent of all cases). The National Hazard Exposure Worker Surveillance: Exposure to direct sunlight and the provision of sun exposure controls in Australian workplaces report undertaken by Safe Work Australia in 2010 focused on the exposure of Australian workers to direct sunlight and the control measures that were ...
July Issue of Natural Alternatives
Not only does adequate sunlight exposure result in the production of vitamin D, a hormone-like substance that regulates over 2,000 genes in the human body -- and as a result prevents or ameliorates hundreds of vitamin D deficiency associated health conditions -- but sunlight exposure itself has a unique set of health benefits not reducible to simply vitamin D production alone. One of the more interesting studies performed on sunlight exposure, based on data gathered from over 100 countries and published earlier this year in the journal Anticancer Research, showed that there was a strong inverse correlations with solar UVB for 15 types of cancer, with weaker, though still significant evidence for the protective role of sunlight in 9 other cancers. Here are some additional benefits of sunlight exposure: ...
Impact of sunlight on the age of onset of bipolar disorder
Objective: Although bipolar disorder has high heritability, the onset occurs during several decades of life, suggesting that social and environmental factors may have considerable influence on disease onset. This study examined the association between the age of onset and sunlight at the location of onset. Method: Data were obtained from 2414 patients with a diagnosis of bipolar I disorder, according to DSM-IV criteria. Data were collected at 24 sites in 13 countries spanning latitudes 6.3 to 63.4 degrees from the equator, including data from both hemispheres. The age of onset and location of onset were obtained retrospectively, from patient records and/or direct interviews. Solar insolation data, or the amount of electromagnetic energy striking the surface of the earth, were obtained from the NASA Surface Meteorology and Solar Energy (SSE) database for each location of onset. Results: The larger the maximum monthly increase in solar insolation at the location of onset, the younger the age of ...
Stitching Solar Irradiance « Climate Audit
There is some very active discussion in blogworld about stitching recent solar irradiance records between satellites, which may interest some CA readers. http://inel.wordpress.com/2007/07/11/royal-society-proceedings-a-lockwood-frohlich/ http://tamino.wordpress.com/2007/07/24/pmod-vs-acrim/ http://icecap.us/ http://icecap.us/images/uploads/Lockwood_and_Frolich_Review.pdf http://motls.blogspot.com/2007/07/nir-shaviv-why-is-lockwood-and-frohlich.html
Photocatalytic degradation of phenol in water under simulated sunlight by an ultrathin MgO coated Ag/TiO2 nanocomposite - Texas...
Photocatalytic degradation of phenol in water under simulated sunlight by an ultrathin MgO coated Ag/TiO2 nanocomposite - Texas A&M University (TAMU) Scholar profile, educations, publications, research, recent courses, and student works
Photocatalytic properties of BiVO4 synthesized by microwave-assisted hydrothermal method under simulated sunlight irradiation,...
Read Photocatalytic properties of BiVO4 synthesized by microwave-assisted hydrothermal method under simulated sunlight irradiation, Research on Chemical Intermediates on DeepDyve, the largest online rental service for scholarly research with thousands of academic publications available at your fingertips.
Last Sunlight - Binaural Sessions 004 on AH.FM 25-01-2016
Last Sunlight http://www.ah.fm/files/djs/last_sunlight.jpg Last Sunlight Facebook (Fan Page) Last Sunlight Facebook Last Sunlight Twitter
Furahan Biology and Allied Matters: Layers of leaves (Alien plants V)
The image above shows the umbra and penumbra as commonly illustrated in astronomy books. The sun is not a point source of light but a sphere much larger than the Earth. Rays of light depart in all directions from any point on its surface, to the effect that there is a conical volume of space behind the Earth where the rays cannot reach, or, in other words, from where an observer can see no part of the apparent disk of the sun. That conical volume of space is the umbra , simply meaning shadow in Latin. Around it there is an area from which an observer can see part of the suns disk, so that area receives some direct sunlight, but not full sunlight: the penumbra (nearly shadow). Everywhere else receives full sunlight. The length of the umbra cone depends on the diameters of the Sun and the Earth and the distance between them, as a few minutes experimenting with some sketches will show you ...
Nitrogen and Copper doped solar light active TiO2 photocatalyst for wa by Mike B. Fisher, Donal A. Keane et al.
A novel class of photocatalytic coating capable of degrading bacterial and chemical contaminants in the presence of visible sunlight wavelengths was produced by depositing a stable photocatalytic TiO2 film on the internal lumen of glass bottles via a sol gel method. This coating was prepared in either undoped form or doped with nitrogen and/or copper to produce visible light-active TiO2 films which were annealed at 600 °C and were characterized by Raman, UV-Vis, and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy. The presence of doped and undoped TiO2 films was found to accelerate the degradation of methylene blue in the presence of natural sunlight, while copper-doped TiO2 films were found to accelerate bacterial inactivation (of E. coli and E. faecalis) in the presence of natural sunlight.
Sunlight - GS Energy
Where c is the atmospheric extinction and m is the relative optical airmass . The atmospheric extinction brings the number of lux down to around 100,000.. The total amount of energy received from the Sun at the zenith depends on the distance to the Sun and thus on the time of year. It is about 3.3% higher than average in January and 3.3% lower in July (see below). If the extraterrestrial solar radiation is 1367 watts per square meter (the value when the Earth-Sun distance is 1 astronomical unit ), then the direct sunlight at Earths surface when the Sun is at the zenith is about 1050 W / m 2 , but the total amount (direct and indirect from the atmosphere) hitting the ground is around 1120 W / m 2 .  In terms of energy, sunlight at Earths surface is around 52 to 55 percent infrared (above 700 nm)), 42 to 43 percent visible (400 to 700 nm), and 3 to 5 percent ultraviolet (below 400 nm).  At the top of the atmosphere, sunlight is about 30% more intense, having about 8% ultraviolet (UV),  ...
Sunlight - Wikipedia
where c is the atmospheric extinction and m is the relative optical airmass. The atmospheric extinction brings the number of lux down to around 100 000.. The total amount of energy received at ground level from the Sun at the zenith depends on the distance to the Sun and thus on the time of year. It is about 3.3% higher than average in January and 3.3% lower in July (see below). If the extraterrestrial solar radiation is 1367 watts per square meter (the value when the Earth-Sun distance is 1 astronomical unit), then the direct sunlight at Earths surface when the Sun is at the zenith is about 1050 W/m2, but the total amount (direct and indirect from the atmosphere) hitting the ground is around 1120 W/m2. In terms of energy, sunlight at Earths surface is around 52 to 55 percent infrared (above 700 nm), 42 to 43 percent visible (400 to 700 nm), and 3 to 5 percent ultraviolet (below 400 nm). At the top of the atmosphere, sunlight is about 30% more intense, having about 8% ultraviolet ...
Sun Safer Than Supplements: Research Paper | Smart Tan
By Marc Sorenson, Sunlight Institute. In a scientific paper, Dr. MS Razzaque shows that there may be some downsides to vitamin D supplementation, including cardiovascular events and beyond. He also states that since hypovitaminosis D status usually reflects reduced sunlight exposure, the obvious primary replacement should be safe sunlight exposure, and not exogenous supplements.. The paper specifically mentions that avoiding sunlight exposure may influence the initiation and progression of different types of tumors [cancer], high blood pressure, type 1 diabetes and multiple sclerosis. It also points out that there may be some deleterious consequences of vitamin D supplementation, although in my opinion, the dosage would need to by quite high.. As I have indicated in many of my posts on the Sunlight Institute site, sun exposure is the most natural way to obtain vitamin D, and it has no toxicity, since it is self-regulated.. What wasnt mentioned was the production of health-promoting ...
News - Sunlight Institute - Sun Exposure, Vitamin D, Sunlight
News The latest news about sun exposure, Vitamin D, the benefits of sunlight, and general sun health from the Sunlight Institute.
15 Things You Should Know Before Starting A Garden
Chances are, you remember some of the basics from high school science classes. Plants require a mix of sunlight, soil, and water to grow. They pull nutrients from the soil and convert sunlight into usable energy. This energy sustains the plants metabolism the same way food sustains our metabolisms.. But plants are extremely diverse, and what works for one may not work for another. Different species need different ratios of sun to shade and water. Too much sunlight can scorch a temperate species, while too much water can drown a desert species.. Most gardens need around eight hours of direct sunlight per day. If you live in an area thats often overcast, thats okay! As long as youre planting native species, the plants should be able to thrive regardless.. Where plants have trouble is when an area is too shady or too sunny. Some species naturally grow in the shadow of tall trees and shrubs, shielded from most direct sunlight. Others require extensive daily sun exposure to avoid ...
Decontamination of water by solar irradiation<...
TY - CHAP. T1 - Decontamination of water by solar irradiation. AU - Malato, Sixto. AU - Maldonado, Manuel I.. AU - Fernández, Pilar. AU - Oller, Isabel. AU - Polo, Inmaculada. PY - 2014/1/1. Y1 - 2014/1/1. N2 - Humankind has been changing, contaminating, and polluting their environment since the Paleolithic era. This first type of pollution was air pollution through the use of fire (Spengler and Sexton, 1983). Later, in the Bronze Age and Iron Age, the forging of metals produced significant air and soil pollution as can be seen in glacial core samples in Greenland (Honget al., 1996). As early as the 9th century, Arab and Persian scientists have written about pollution and waste handlings (Gari, 2002). The industrial revolution in the 19th century led to the environmental pollution, as we know it today with its new industries and the enormous consumption of coal and oil, which lead to air pollution and the discharge of chemicals and industrial wastes into waterways (streams and rivers). After ...
Effect of 3D ZnO:Fe morphology on the photocatalytic activity under solar irradiation, Research on Chemical Intermediates | 10...
Read Effect of 3D ZnO:Fe morphology on the photocatalytic activity under solar irradiation, Research on Chemical Intermediates on DeepDyve, the largest online rental service for scholarly research with thousands of academic publications available at your fingertips.
MoO3 altered ZnO: A suitable choice for the photocatalytic removal of chloro-acetic acids in natural sunlight exposure |...
The MoO3 coated ZnO photocatalysts were synthesized for the optimum harvesting of the absorbed ultraviolet sunlight photons by initially permeating Mo6+ ions at the surface of pre-synthesized ZnO and finally transformed to MoO3 by thermal treatment in the air. The absorption spectra of the synthesized powders revealed the extension of the absorption edge in the visible region whereas, the photoluminescence spectroscopy established the supporting role of the MoO3 coating in gradually plummeting the excitons recombination. The growth of additional peaks in Raman as well as X-ray photoelectron spectra and the appearance of the corresponding low-intensity reflection substantiated the surface prevalence of MoO3. The absence of the individual particles of MoO3 in FESEM and the verification of coated layer by HRTEM images validated the authenticity of the adopted synthetic route. The electrochemical evaluation of the synthesized powders under illumination revealed the complete elimination of ...
One of the most common causes of a plant struggling in the garden is not enough, or too much, sunlight. It?s important to know how the sunlight changes over the course of the spring and summer. As trees leaf out and the suns angle changes, what was once a full sun area in spring may be part shade by midsummer.. A new tool can help you determine the amount of sunlight that different areas of your yard are receiving. The SunCalc sunlight calculator is a battery-powered tool that records the amount of sunlight over a 12-hour period. The photo-receptive diode registers how much sunlight has accumulated and signals whether the area is in full or part sun, part shade or full shade. Full sun is defined as 6 or more hours of direct sunlight. Part sun is defined as 4 to 6 hours, part shade is 1-1/2 to 4 hours, and full shade is less than 1-1/2 hours. SunCalc works even on cloudy days. If used over a number of months, it can give a good estimation of the sun exposure in various gardens and help you ...
List of cities by sunshine duration - Wikipedia
The following is a list of cities by sunshine duration. Sunshine duration is a climatological indicator, measuring duration of sunshine in given period (usually, a day or a year) for a given location on Earth, typically expressed as an averaged value over several years. It is a general indicator of cloudiness of a location, and thus differs from insolation, which measures the total energy delivered by sunlight over a given period. Sunshine duration is usually expressed in hours per year, or in (average) hours per day. The first measure indicates the general sunniness of a location compared with other places, while the latter allows for comparison of sunshine in various seasons in the same location. Another often-used measure is percentage ratio of recorded bright sunshine duration and daylight duration in the observed period. An important use of sunshine duration data is to characterize the climate of sites, especially of health resorts. This also takes into account the psychological effect of ...
The Sunshine Vitamin
Sunlight is an additional source of vitamin D. It is important as dietary sources of vitamin D are few. Ideally we should get 90% of our daily vitamin D requirement from sunlight. UV rays in sunlight convert a type of cholesterol found in the skin to vitamin D. Modern lifestyle has limited our exposure to the sun. There are many variables that affect the ability of the skin to produce vitamin D. As a result it is difficult to recommend how much sunlight is enough. Most authorities recommend between 5 to 30 minutes of sun exposure to your unprotected face, arms, legs or back between 11 am and 3 pm two to three times a week. Early morning or late evening sunlight does not work as UV rays are not able to penetrate the atmosphere. Ability to produce vitamin D also depends on the colour of the skin. Fair skin people need less sunlight than darker ones in whom melanin (skin pigment) restricts entry to UV rays. Exposure to sunlight should be direct as UV rays are restricted by glass (window panes) and ...
Sunlight - Essential for Health
Sunlight is recognized as one of the most important environmental factors that influence human health. There is strong evidence in the scientific literature that adequate exposure to sunlight is associated with many physical and mental health benefits, including reduced overall mortality, prevention of many deadly forms of cancer, as well as a number of metabolic, cardiovascular, autoimmune, infectious and neuropsychatric diseases. Vitamin D deficiency, which is mainly due to insufficient exposure to sunlight, is now one of the most common medical conditions, estimated to affect more than a billion people worldwide. Health professionals, patients and the general public should receive more evidence-based information about the many health benefits of sunlight, and how to use it in prevention and treatment of disease.. ...
off-camera fill-flash in bright sunlight - Tangents
This adorable kid looked at the camera briefly because I was singing to him. Kids are devious little creatures. They know when youre calling them and will purposely ignore you. So you have to be crafty too in getting their attention. Of course, you have to be ready for the moment … and shoot a lot. Sometimes that Decisive Moment is to be found in the edit.. The photo session was from 12 noon to 1pm. So the sun was high overhead. Were often told that the sun directly overhead isnt the best time to take photographs. While this isnt as ideal as the fabled Golden Hour - that time just before dusk and just after dawn - there are ways of working with hard sunlight and still get great images …. The simplest way of dealing with hard sunlight - as described in this recent article on photographing wedding portraits in bright sunlight - is to have your subjects turn their back to the sun. This way they are effectively in open shade, and the sunlight giving a rim lighting. This does mean carefully ...
40% of U.S. population chronically deficient in vitamin D due to lack of sunlight exposure, says Dr. Michael Holick, author of...
40% of U.S. population chronically deficient in vitamin D due to lack of sunlight exposure, says Dr. Michael Holick, author of UV Advantage
Halleys Comet - Wikipedia
The Giotto and Vega missions gave planetary scientists their first view of Halleys surface and structure. Like all comets, as Halley nears the Sun, its volatile compounds (those with low boiling points, such as water, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide and other ices) begin to sublime from the surface of its nucleus. This causes the comet to develop a coma, or atmosphere, up to 100,000 km across. Evaporation of this dirty ice releases dust particles, which travel with the gas away from the nucleus. Gas molecules in the coma absorb solar light and then re-radiate it at different wavelengths, a phenomenon known as fluorescence, whereas dust particles scatter the solar light. Both processes are responsible for making the coma visible. As a fraction of the gas molecules in the coma are ionized by the solar ultraviolet radiation, pressure from the solar wind, a stream of charged particles emitted by the Sun, pulls the comas ions out into a long tail, which may extend more than 100 ...
WUWT claim? CO2 is NOT plant food. How WUWT rejects chemistry, biology and photosynthesis | HotWhopper
We have shown that anthropogenic forcings do not polynomially cointegrate with global temperature and solar irradiance. Therefore, data for 1880-2007 do not support the anthropogenic interpretation of global warming during this period. This key result is shown graphically in Fig. 3 where the vertical axis measures the component of global temperature that is unexplained by solar irradiance according to our estimates. In panel a the horizontal axis measures the anomaly in the anthropogenic trend when the latter is derived from forcings of carbon dioxide, methane and nitrous oxide. In panel b the horizontal axis measures this anthropogenic anomaly when apart from these greenhouse gas forcings, it includes tropospheric aerosols and black carbon. Panels a and b both show that there is no relationship between temperature and the anthropogenic anomaly, once the warming effect of solar irradiance is taken into consideration. ...
OSA | Reduction of error introduced in the processing of coastal zone color scanner-type imagery resulting from sensor...
A combination of sensor calibration error and uncertainty in the solar irradiance can cause very large errors in the computations of the water radiance contribution to the Coastal Zone Color Scanner (CZCS)-measured radiances. This is especially true when the atmospheric correction algorithm is applied in a horizontally inhomogeneous atmosphere. These possible errors can be considerably reduced through spectral measurements of the aerosol optical thickness and upwelled subsurface radiances coincident with a CZCS overpass on a very clear day. For future instruments it is suggested that provision be made for the sensor to view solar irradiance in diffuse reflection. The analysis presented shows that with such a system the error is reduced to a level even below that which would be applicable if the solar irradiance were known precisely.. © 1981 Optical Society of America. Full Article , PDF Article ...
Updated Scientific Overview - European Sunlight Association European Sunlight Association
A small excerpt from the Scientific Overview:. There is a lot of confusion caused by different public health messages that are often one-sided and focus mainly on the adverse effects while completely neglecting any health benefits of moderate and responsible exposure to UV radiation. Actually, many scientists agree, that if practiced in moderation and especially avoiding sunburn, the health benefits far outweigh the adverse effects! Furthermore, in a professional studio, sunbeds provide the advantage of being in a controlled environment in comparison to sunlight exposure. An often overlooked fact is also, that the sun and sunbeds provide other health benefits besides the mainly mentioned vitamin D synthesis. Exposure to UV radiation is also releasing nitric oxide in the skin which has a vasodilative effect on the blood vessels and therefore decreases hypertension and the risk for other cardiovascular diseases. Other mediators include serotonin, beta-endorphin, among others, which contribute to ...
Does My Baby Need Vitamin D?Birth By Design
First of all, babies rarely need vitamin D supplements. The babies who do need these supplements need them due to a lack of sufficient sunlight. Factors that put your breastfed baby at risk for vitamin D deficiency (rickets) are: • Baby has very little exposure to sunlight. For example: if you live in a far northern latitude, if you live in an urban area where tall buildings and pollution block sunlight, if baby is always completely covered and kept out of the sun, if baby is always inside during the day, or if you always apply high-SPF sunscreen. • Both mother and baby have darker skin and thus require more sun exposure to generate an adequate amount of vitamin D. Again, this is a not enough sunlight issue - the darker your skin pigmentation, the greater the amount of sun exposure needed. There is not much information available on how much more sunlight is needed if you have medium or darker toned skin. See the section below regarding amount of sunlight needed. • Mother is deficient in ...
Cool Gadgets, Solar Products, Solar Charger, Solar Light - Online Shopping from China with Free Shipping - SuntekStore
A leading online shopping mall from China providing hot selling Cool Gadgets, Solar Products, Solar Charger, Solar Light with low prices plus Worldwide Free Shipping
The 13 best solar lights outdoor garden of May 2021 - RG Lennon
If you are looking for Solar lights outdoor garden, remember to refer to its features provided by the manufacturer. Of course you also need to check out the
The 10 Best Outdoor Solar Lights (2021 Update)
With so many choices it is hard to know which are the best outdoor solar lights for your lawn or garden. Check out our top choices & money saving tips!
Effect of different moisture and shade regimes on the growth of D x P ex Kusi oil palm seedlings | Journal of the Ghana...
The effect of three moisture levels and three shade regimes on the growth of D x P ex Kusi oil palm seedlings was investigated at the Oil Palm Research Institute, Kusi between July 1998 and February 2000 in a factorial experiment laid out in randomized complete block design with four replications. The moisture treatments investigated were W1 (50-60 % field capacity), W2 (65-75 % field capacity) and W3 (80-90 % field capacity). The shade treatments investigated were S1 (0 % shade), S2 (50 % shade) and S3 (75 % shade). Data was collected on leaf number per plant, plant height, butt circumference and leaf area as well as dry weight of plant parts and total dry matter. There were significant effects due to shade and shade x moisture interactions on seedling growth. Seedlings under 50% shade (50% full sunlight) in combination with low moisture supply (50-60% field capacity) were comparable in growth to those under 0% shade (100% full sunlight) with high moisture supply (80-90% field capacity). During ...
For comparison, sunlight on Saturn is slightly brighter than Earth sunlight at the average sunset or sunrise (see daylight for ... Many people find direct sunlight to be too bright for comfort, especially when reading from white paper upon which the sunlight ... Sunlight takes about 8.3 minutes to reach Earth from the surface of the Sun. A photon starting at the center of the Sun and ... To see sunlight as dim as full moonlight on Earth, a distance of about 500 AU (~69 light-hours) is needed; only a handful of ...
New era for Sunlight after £159m deal, Manchester Evening News "Sunlight House sold for £34.5m". Business Sale Report. Business ... Sunlight House is a Grade II listed building in the art deco style on Quay Street in Manchester, England. Completed in 1932 for ... CIS bought Sunlight House from Gadaricus in 2002 for £27.5million and sold it in 2005 to Warner Estate Holdings for £40m. In ... Sunlight House is a 14 storey steel and concrete structure, clad in Portland stone. The building is almost square in plan, with ...
... begins in the Absaroka Range of the Rocky Mountains and then flows east into the Sunlight Basin. The creek then ... Sunlight Creek is followed and crossed by a gravel road, Sunlight Road (Forest Road 101), for the majority of its course, which ... In 1985, the Sunlight Creek Bridge was built across the Sunlight Gorge, carrying Chief Joseph Scenic Byway (Wyoming Highway 296 ... According to them, "the only thing that can get into this valley most of the year, is sunlight." Sunlight Creek, which flows ...
Sunlight gave birth to that foal, a colt in 2021 "Sunlight Horse Profile". racingaustralia.horse. Retrieved 6 February 2020. " ... Sunlight (foaled 9 October 2015) is a three-time Group 1 winning Australian bred thoroughbred racehorse. Sunlight was purchased ... "Sunlight Racehorse Profile". racenet.com.au. Retrieved 11 February 2020. "Sunlight cruises to massive payday in Magic Millions ... "Golden Slipper favourite Sunlight salutes in Silver Slipper". races.com.au. Retrieved 11 February 2020. "Sunlight firms for ...
... - Tangerine Dream at AllMusic Berling, Michael (29 September 2016). "Underwater Sunlight". Voices in the ... "Underwater Sunlight" spent one week on the UK Albums Chart at No.97. Dolphin Dance Edgar Froese - Synthesizer, guitar ... Underwater Sunlight is the twenty-ninth major release and sixteenth studio album by electronic artists Tangerine Dream. This ... Underwater Sunlight at Discogs (list of releases) (Articles with short description, Short description is different from ...
It came to be known as Sunlight Park after the Lever Brothers' Sunlight Soap Works was built south of Eastern Avenue. The ... Sunlight Park was the first baseball stadium in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The all wood structure was built in 1886 at a cost of ... The street Sunlight Park Road bears witness to the past, being the remnant Eastern Avenue bridge approach cut by the parkway. ...
Sunlight Express Airways, operating as Sunlight Air, is a Philippine-registered boutique airline based in Clark, Pampanga. It ... Sunlight Air's fleet consists of the following aircraft: "Sunlight Express Airways Fleet Details and History". planespotters. ... "Sunlight Air takes to the skies as the newest choice for domestic travel in the Philippines". philstar.com. 23 December 2020. ... Sunlight Air was established on 22 July 2019 as a chartered airline. It began operations on 17 December 2020, with an inaugural ...
... is the use of a light source to simulate sunlight where the unique characteristics of sunlight are needed, ... Artificial sunlight (solar simulators) are also used for sun light exposure testing and of color fastness and material ... but where sufficient natural sunlight is unavailable or infeasible. A device used to simulate sunlight is a solar simulator. ... Artificial sunlight may also be useful in reducing the severity of jet lag. Different corals in a reef aquarium require ...
... contains 900 Grade II listed buildings, and was declared a conservation area in 1978. Port Sunlight has been ... "Port Sunlight River Park - How To Find Us". portsunlightriverpark.com. Retrieved 9 March 2016. "Port Sunlight River Park - The ... In 1919, Lever Brothers made a 40-minute-long sponsored film, Port Sunlight, to promote the town and factory. The Sunlight ... ISBN 978-1-4464-8845-4. Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Port Sunlight. Wikimedia Commons has media related to Port Sunlight. ...
... was a caste army formed by Rajputs and Upper-Caste Muslims in Bihar to take on the ultra-Left wing groups of ... According to police records, however, the Sunlight Sena was brought into existence by the Muslim landlords in Dumharia village ...
"How We're Funded". Sunlight Foundation. Retrieved November 6, 2015. "A Brief History of the Sunlight Foundation". Sunlight ... The Sunlight Foundation ceased operations in September 2020. The Sunlight Foundation was founded by Ellen S. Miller and Michael ... In September 2016, Klein announced on Sunlight's blog that Sunlight Labs would be shutting down and the board would explore ... Sunlight, Board (October 2007). "Sunlight Original Board". Wayback Machine snapshot of SunlightFoundation.com. Archived from ...
In 2016, Sunlight Development Trust made the decision to change format from FM broadcast to Internet broadcast. The FM licence ... Radio Sunlight was a community radio station serving the Medway towns in Kent, England. The station originally started ... Ofcom Awards Four New Community Radio Licences Radio Sunlight Coordinates: 51°23′36″N 0°33′1″E / 51.39333°N 0.55028°E / ... was not renewed and Radio Sunlight ceased broadcasting on 19 February 2016 while, at the same time, transitioning to its new ...
"Mission Sunlight - Review english". www.adventurearchiv.com. Retrieved 2018-02-24. "Mission Sunlight Review by metzomagic.com ... Mission Sunlight is a 1998 educational adventure game developed by Media Factory and published by index+. Adventure Archiv ...
... is the first EP from Swedish artist Andreas Moe. It was self-released in the UK on June 25, 2012, and ... Collecting Sunlight - EP came when following break up's with each of their long term girlfriends, Andreas Moe and best friend ... So far, the Collecting Sunlight EP has been received well worldwide, with several popular online blogs posting reviews and ... "Andreas Moe Unveils Collecting Sunlight". Retrieved May 2, 2012. (Articles with short description, Short description is ...
Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sunlight Tower. Sunlight Reit - Official website Henderson Land - Official website ... Sunlight Tower (formerly called MLC Tower or CEF Life Tower ) is a 40-storey skyscraper located at 248 Queen's Road East, in ... The building is managed by Henderson Sunlight Asset Management, a subsidiary of Henderson Land Development Hong Kong, a company ...
Sunlight is an unincorporated community in Washington County, in the U.S. state of Missouri. A post office called Sunlight was ... It is unknown why the name "Sunlight" was applied to this community. U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System ... Sunlight, Missouri "Post Offices". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 30 December 2016. "Washington County Place Names, 1928- ...
2016 Sunlight (Spacey Jane album), 2020 Sunlight, by the Youngbloods, 1971 "Sunlight" (DJ Antoine song), 2011 "Sunlight" (DJ ... "Sunlight" (Modestep song), 2011 "Sunlight" (Nicky Byrne song), 2016 "Sunlight", by Bag Raiders from Bag Raiders, 2010 "Sunlight ... Sunlight is the total spectrum of the electromagnetic radiation given off by the Sun. Sunlight may also refer to: Sunlight, ... an unincorporated community Sunlight Peak, a mountain in Colorado Sunlight Peak (Wyoming), a mountain Sunlight Ski Area, a ski ...
"Sunlight Jr". Metacritic. Scheib, Ronnie (April 29, 2013). "Tribeca Film Review: 'Sunlight Jr.'". Variety. Sunlight Jr. at IMDb ... Sunlight Jr. is a 2013 American drama film directed by Laurie Collyer and starring Matt Dillon and Naomi Watts. The film is a ... "Sunlight Jr". Tribeca. April 19, 2013. Retrieved April 19, 2013. Holden, Stephen (November 14, 2013). "High Price of Barely ... "Sunlight Jr.". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved October 9, 2021. " ...
... s is a recording studio in Stockholm, Sweden which is run by Tomas Skogsberg. It has been a popular choice for ... SUNLIGHT STUDIO (SWE) v t e v t e v t e (Articles with MusicBrainz place identifiers, Recording studios in Sweden, Music in ...
Wikimedia Commons has media related to Joseph Sunlight. Hansard 1803-2005: contributions in Parliament by Joseph Sunlight (Use ... probably choosing their new name from Port Sunlight. Sunlight was apprenticed to an architect in Manchester in 1904 and by 1907 ... In later life, Sunlight enjoyed to "dine out" on tales of his family's adventures and brushes with the Tsarist authorities but ... Sunlight, though always professing his affection for the faith of his parents, seems to have been more interested in his ...
... at Discogs (list of releases) Volcanic Sunlight at MusicBrainz (list of releases) (Articles with short ... "Volcanic Sunlight - Saul Williams". AllMusic. Retrieved October 3, 2018. "Volcanic Sunlight by Saul Williams". Metacritic. CBS ... Volcanic Sunlight is the fourth solo studio album by Saul Williams. It was released by Columbia Records in 2011. The album ... Brown, Marisa (2012-01-24). "A Different Kind of Dance: Saul Williams' Volcanic Sunlight". The Huffington Post. Retrieved ...
... was so named in 1902; the name is likely descriptive. Sunlight Peak is one of three fourteeners in the Needle ... "Sunlight Peak, Colorado". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved October 22, 2014. "Sunlight Peak". Geographic Names Information System. ... "Sunlight Peak, Windom Peak and Mt. Eolus". 14ers.com. "Sunlight Peak". SummitPost.org. v t e (Coordinates on Wikidata, Pages ... Windom and Sunlight lie on the east side of Twin Lakes, in upper Chicago Basin, while Eolus lies on the west side. All three ...
The Sunlight was designed as an electric powered, self-launching motorglider for the German 120 kg (265 lb) class. It features ... The Sunair Sunlight is a German ultralight trike electric aircraft, designed and produced by Sunair UG of Scheidegg, Bavaria. ... "Sunlight". Retrieved 6 March 2018. Official website (Articles with short description, Short description matches Wikidata, Use ...
Sunlight is created in the American impressionist style. It is a portrait of a woman, who has been identified as Benson's ... Sunlight is an oil painting by Frank Weston Benson currently in the permanent collection at the Indianapolis Museum of Art. ... Because of the woman shielding her eyes form the sun, it is likely that the sunlight is the actual subject of the painting. ... "Provenance of Sunlight". Indianapolis Museum of Art. Retrieved 2 May 2012. (Articles with short description, Short description ...
The Wonderlands: Sunlight
Sunlight is the first of four EPs to be released under Jon Foreman's second solo-project, The Wonderlands. Foreman describes ... Morris, Jessica (May 15, 2015). "Jon Foreman: 'Sunlight' Track-by-Track EP Review". FDRMX. Retrieved May 23, 2015. Gelwicks, ... Barbee, Ryan (May 24, 2015). "Jon Foreman, "The Wonderlands: Sunlight" Review - JFH Staff's Additional 2 Cents". Jesus Freak ... Conner, Matt (July 1, 2015). "Jon Foreman: The Wonderlands: Sunlight". CCM Magazine: 38. Retrieved July 1, 2015. Whitall, Helen ...
Sunlight's Last Raid
... at IMDb v t e v t e (Articles with short description, Short description is different from Wikidata, Use ... Sunlight's Last Raid is a 1917 American silent Western film directed by William Wolbert and starring Gayne Whitman, Mary ... Mary Anderson as Janet Warned Gayne Whitman as Jack Conway Vincente Howard as Captain Sunlight Fred Burns as Bill Warned Al ...
In November Sunlight
... is the debut studio album by the instrumental band Soko, released on December 17, 1996. This is the only ... Soko recordings - Soko's official website In November Sunlight - Breezeway Records website v t e (Articles with short ... saxophone In November Sunlight at AllMusic "Recordings". Soko. Archived from the original on September 13, 2006. Retrieved ...
Golden Sunlight mine
Golden Sunlight is a conventional open-pit mine with a co-located ore treatment plant using carbon-in-pulp technology as well ... "Golden Sunlight Mine, Inc. partial pit backfill supplemental EIS and 5B optimization" (PDF). Bureau of Land Management. 10 ... Coordinates: 45°54′20″N 112°1′22″W / 45.90556°N 112.02278°W / 45.90556; -112.02278 The Golden Sunlight mine is an open pit ... "Golden Sunlight". Barrick Gold Corporation. Retrieved 5 March 2017. "Gold Mineral Resources" (pdf). Barrick Gold Corporation. ...
Sunlight and Shadows
... comes Sunlight and Shadows, a collection of songs that remind us all that if there were to be sunlight, there ought to be ... Sunlight and Shadows is the second extended play from Carrollton. Centricity Music released the EP on September 18, 2015. Kevin ... Caldwell, Alex (September 28, 2015). "Carrollton, "Sunlight And Shadows EP" Review". Jesus Freak Hideout. Retrieved September ... Sparkman, Kevin (October 15, 2015). "Carrollton: 'Sunlight and Shadows' album review". CCM Magazine. Retrieved October 17, 2015 ...
Strands of Sunlight
... is a novel written by Gael Baudino in 1994. It is the fourth in the Strands of Starlight tetralogy. The ... The others search for her and finally find her grieving in the land of sunlight with the Lady. Natil Hadden - born George ... Owen, John D. (April 1991). "Book Review: Strands of Sunlight". Paperback Inferno. 89. (1994 American novels, American fantasy ... The principal protagonist in Strands of Sunlight is Natil the elf, though its multiple narratives follow several important ...
Sunlight & UV | Tracking | NCEH | CDC
Sunlight Exposure. This indicator provides state and county level data on monthly and annual average exposure to sunlight. ... Sunlight/UV Vulnerability and Preparedness. This indicator provides state-level data on laws regarding sunscreen use in schools ... Tracking sunlight and UV exposures in a standard way can help us identify regions of high exposure and to track trends over ... The Tracking Network includes data on exposure to sunlight and UV in the United States. These data come from Emory Universitys ...
Aging Skin | Sunlight | MedlinePlus
Novel Oral Drug Improves Sunlight Tolerance
Erythropoietic protoporphyria a rare but devastating disorder involving acute cutaneous photosensitivity to sunlight, which ... The goal was to increase their pain-free sunlight exposure time.. The primary endpoint was change from baseline to week 16 in ... It involves acute cutaneous photosensitivity to sunlight, which takes the form of incapacitating burning pain that lasts 3-7 ... Cite this: Novel Oral Drug Improves Sunlight Tolerance in Patients With Erythropoietic Protoporphyria - Medscape - Aug 25, 2020 ...
NLDAS Daily Sunlight 1979-2011
NLDAS Daily Sunlight Data Request. Data Source Information. Additional Information. NLDAS Daily Sunlight Data Request Output:. ... Daily Sunlight (Insolation) 1979 - 2011 Summary:. The North America Land Data Assimilation System (NLDAS) Daily Sunlight data ... Daily Sunlight Limit your data to the selected daily sunlight (insolation) values. Leave fields blank for all values. How? * On ... Average Daily Sunlight The average daily sunlight (insolation) summary measure, reported in kilojoules per square meter (KJ/m2 ...
Browsing by Subject "Sunlight"
sunlight jr. | Filmmaker Magazine
sunlight jr.. * Five Questions with Sunlight Jr. Director Laurie Collyer The following interview was originally published in ... Five Questions with Sunlight Jr. Director Laurie Collyer While the lives of the working class are not the stuff Hollywood ... Sunlight Jr.goes on release theatrically today through Gravitas Ventures. While the lives of the working class are not the ... Sunlight Jr. premieres at the Tribeca Film Festival this weekend where it is sure to stir up a conversation about what it means ...
Can morning sunlight cure your acne? Expert shares insights - Hindustan Times
Sunlight & UV | Tracking | NCEH | CDC
Sunlight Exposure. This indicator provides state and county level data on monthly and annual average exposure to sunlight. ... Sunlight/UV Vulnerability and Preparedness. This indicator provides state-level data on laws regarding sunscreen use in schools ... Tracking sunlight and UV exposures in a standard way can help us identify regions of high exposure and to track trends over ... The Tracking Network includes data on exposure to sunlight and UV in the United States. These data come from Emory Universitys ...
Eco-Friendly Dome Homes: Solaleya House Spins to Maximize Sunlight
Instead Of Fossil Fuels, This Startup Uses Mirrors And Sunlight To Mix Cement | Here & Now
Heliogen uses mirrors to magnify sunlight which creates temperatures hot enough to mix cement or create steel. ... "Its a field of mirrors that are all perfectly computer controlled to reflect the sunlight to a single spot. We can make these ... The company, which CNN reports is backed by an investment from Bill Gates, uses mirrors to magnify sunlight which creates ... Instead Of Fossil Fuels, This Startup Uses Mirrors And Sunlight To Mix Cement. 05:50. ...
Richmond Sunlight » HB62: Insurance; obsolete provisions and notice.
Actual Sunlight - Interactive Story | Indiegogo
Sunlight - 9607 - Dryicons
Let the rising sunlight in | The Economist
Sunlight as Infrastructure - Boston Review
Sunlight-friendly architecture could heat and illuminate buildings without expending any electricity. ... Sun-paths move sunlight. A sun-path, as defined by that first generation of U.S. solar designers in the 1940s and 50s, runs ... Neighbors compete for sunlight and views. When the stakes are high enough-over an ocean view in California, for example-some ... They cut horizontal light to a shard while the solid roof without skylights blocks overhead sunlight. Two feet below that roof ...
What Is Live Moss and Does It Require Sunlight?
While it prefers shade, moss wont die if exposed to sunlight.. Moss is low-maintenance. The only thing it will ask you about ... Moss thrives in shade but can withstand soemfiltered sunlight.. Here are some reasons to give fresh consideration to this ... What Is Live Moss and Does It Require Sunlight? Posted by Tammy Sons on Nov 28, 2022 ...
Measuring Sunlight from Space, on a Chip | NIST
Measuring Sunlight from Space, on a Chip. A novel sunlight sensor launched into space this summer could revolutionize climate ... Scientists measure the sunlight reaching Earth from space. The quantity they are measuring - called the "total solar irradiance ... This is comparable to the irradiance monitor currently in use to measure sunlight. However, the new sensor is a tenth of the ... Of the eight chip-based devices in the CubeSat, only two will actually be measuring sunlight continuously. The other six will ...
Dramatic shot of sunlight bursting through clouds] [picture]
... / [Frank Hurley]. Creator. Hurley, Frank, 1885-1962 Call Number. ... title=[Dramatic shot of sunlight bursting through clouds] , year=1939 , section=1 negative : nitrate ; 7.3 x 12.5 cm. , series= ... Dramatic shot of sunlight bursting through clouds] : , 1939. Web. 6 December 2022 ,http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-158971864, ... 1939). [Dramatic shot of sunlight bursting through clouds] Retrieved December 6, 2022, from http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-158971864 ...
Bacteria Pull Off Photosynthesis sans Sunlight - Scientific American
Sunlight and Vitamin D: Necessary for Public Health
Sunlight - Museum of Science and Industry
Sunlight takes just over eight minutes to reach us from the sun, and brings plenty of heat, energy and color on the trip. ... Sunlight streams through the Museums roof so that you can split white light into colors to recreate Isaac Newtons prism ... Heat a pool of water with sunlight, and track the process with a thermal camera. ...
The Sunlight Solution - The American Prospect
Home Books, Arts and Culture The Sunlight Solution. The Sunlight Solution. Increasingly, the law lets the public know whats in ... Louis Brandeis famously said that sunlight was "the best of disinfectants." Targeted transparency policies aim to focus that ... top-down government regulation need to get politics to work well enough to lend consumers and citizens the power of sunlight. ...
New Semi-Artificial Photosynthesis Technique Converts Sunlight Into Fuel
... By Shubham Sharma 09/04/18 AT 2:09 AM. ... It even absorbed more sunlight than that used by plants in natural photosynthesis and improved on the amount of energy produced ... In the natural process of photosynthesis, plants and trees use sunlight to "split" water molecules into its main constitutes - ... has developed a technique that works pretty much like natural photosynthesis and produces hydrogen by using water and sunlight ...
Charity Navigator - Rating for The Sunlight Foundation
The Sunlight Foundation has earned a 2/4 Star rating on Charity Navigator. This Charitable Organization is headquartered in ... The Sunlight Foundation has earned a 73% for the Accountability & Finance beacon. See the metrics below for more information. ... THE SUNLIGHT FOUNDATION WORKS TO CREATE MORE OPEN, ACCOUNTABLE GOVERNMENTS AT THE FEDERAL AND OTHER LEVELS THROUGH NEW REFORMS ... The Sunlight Foundation has earned a 0% for the Leadership & Adaptability beacon. See the metrics below for more information. ...
sunlight foundation Archives - Ethan Zuckerman
Moral Mondays: Dragging Bad Laws Into the Sunlight
Sunlight, Cancer and Sunscreens - Pioneer Thinking
... but sunlight is VITAL. Sunlight allows your body to produce natural vitamin D and increased melatonin, both of which are ... Sunlight is vital to almost every living organism, and is our greatest ally in sustaining good health. ... Some release skin-damaging free radicals in sunlight, some disrupt hormone systems, several are strongly linked to allergic ... remain stable in sunlight, and contain few toxic chemicals. ...
Vocational Training Team - Medway Sunlight Rotary
Medway Sunlight * What we Do Carrying the Paralympic Torch! Garden-4-Cam Raise funds whilst you shop! Club Newsletters The ... Corporate Membership of Medway Sunlight Rotary Club The Rotary End Polio Now campaign Youth Competitions ShelterBox Rotary- ... Corporate Membership of Medway Sunlight Rotary Club The Rotary End Polio Now campaign Youth Competitions ShelterBox Rotary- ...
'I am sunlight, not moonlight' -...
Exposure to sunlight2020Cutaneous photosensitivityPhotosynthesisEffect of sunlightIntense sunlightUltraviolet RaysSearchSunscreenRadiationReadableVitamin D deficienThrivesEllen MillerIrradianceElectricityWashing powderToleranceDisinfectantsArtificialCancerHeatSolarHappinessNaturalChemicalsDramaticMainWaterBrightPhotovoltaicRoofDirectLampDeliversAccommodationsObservationsShadeMirrorsMeasuresPhysicalPublicPowerFoundationClimate changeFreeActivityPanelsOrganicOrganization
Exposure to sunlight10
- The Tracking Network includes data on exposure to sunlight and UV in the United States. (cdc.gov)
- This indicator provides state and county level data on monthly and annual average exposure to sunlight. (cdc.gov)
- Determine which states have laws or policies in place to help reduce exposure to sunlight and UV, particularly among minors. (cdc.gov)
- Testing with the solar simulator lamp showed that the spherical solar cell provided 24 percent more power output over a traditional flat solar cell upon immediate exposure to sunlight. (ieee.org)
- Spies and soldiers might soon be able to go behind enemy lines using a parachute or glider made from a polymer that vanishes on exposure to sunlight. (newscientist.com)
- Exposure to sunlight is extremely beneficial for individuals with psoriasis. (iherb.com)
- Surprisingly, too much exposure to sunlight isn't the major problem, but instead, most people are likely not getting enough. (ubc.ca)
- Thus, exposure to sunlight and daily consumption of vitamin D are essential in our lives. (ubc.ca)
- You can also avoid exposure to sunlight. (mylustre.com)
- If your skin burns as a result of exposure to sunlight, avoid petroleum-based products, which trap heat. (mylustre.com)
- where to buy 20 litre washing powder omo sunlight aerial water- washing powder omo ariel sunlight and water softener ,2020-11-18 · bulk branded washing powder wow***13-14 kg in 20 litre bucket. (tipi-camp.pl)
- It involves acute cutaneous photosensitivity to sunlight, which takes the form of incapacitating burning pain that lasts 3-7 days and is then followed by erythema and edema. (medscape.com)
- In the textbook description of photosynthesis, sunlight fuels the production of sugars that are in turn converted into fuel for the photosynthetic organism. (scientificamerican.com)
- Now, as part of the same effort, a group of scientists hailing from the United Kingdom has developed a technique that works pretty much like natural photosynthesis and produces hydrogen by using water and sunlight. (ibtimes.com)
- In the natural process of photosynthesis, plants and trees use sunlight to "split" water molecules into its main constitutes - oxygen and hydrogen. (ibtimes.com)
- It even absorbed more sunlight than that used by plants in natural photosynthesis and improved on the amount of energy produced and stored. (ibtimes.com)
Effect of sunlight2
- But analysis of real-world bags produced by retailers showed that the effect of sunlight is often very different. (yahoo.com)
- The effect of sunlight exposure, which may be associated with an increased risk of cataracts. (medlineplus.gov)
- Marine oil spill barriers, also known as oil containment booms, can last longer and keep oil spills under control even under intense sunlight, thanks to light stabilizers from BASF. (basf.com)
- BASF's Tinuvin® range of plastic additives help to increase the lifespan of oil spill barriers under intense sunlight, thereby reducing resource consumption and maintenance costs caused by the aging of the product. (basf.com)
- Several factors, including exposure to intense sunlight, psychological stress or immunosuppression may trigger a recurrence. (bvsalud.org)
- This guideline covers how to communicate the risks and benefits of natural sunlight exposure (specifically, the ultraviolet rays UVA and UVB) to help people understand why they may need to modify their behaviour to reduce their risk of skin cancer and vitamin D deficiency. (bvsalud.org)
- Google- sunlight washing powder png fortnite pickaxes balloon tower ,Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. (aktiveco.org.pl)
- Keeping in mind that you need to protect your skin with a high-quality sunscreen when you go outdoors, let's look at some of the surprising benefits of sunlight. (iherb.com)
- In particular, the advice to stay out of the sun or block sunlight with sunscreen is the worst advice you can get for your prostate. (alsearsmd.com)
- The North America Land Data Assimilation System (NLDAS) Daily Sunlight data available on CDC WONDER are county-level daily sunlight (insolation or solar radiation) observations spanning the years 1979-2011. (cdc.gov)
- According to the Environmental Working Group only 15% of 952 products analyzed actually block UVA and UVB radiation, remain stable in sunlight, and contain few toxic chemicals. (pioneerthinking.com)
- Physical stressors including sunlight, heat, radiation , infectious disease, and noise were discussed in reference to identifying pathways of interaction with chemical stressors, data gaps, and suggestions for future incorporation into cumulative risk assessments. (cdc.gov)
- The LA-ZJL17RF is a full IP65, sunlight readable, stainless steel chassis mount monitor with a 5-wire resistive touchscreen, which can be connected to the host PC using either a USB or serial port. (assured-systems.com)
Vitamin D deficien1
- Through a complex process, our bodies turn sunlight into life-giving vitamin D . The connection between vitamin D deficiency and cancer was first made by Drs. Frank and Cedric Garland from the University of California, San Diego. (iherb.com)
- Moss thrives in shade but can withstand soemfiltered sunlight. (tnnursery.net)
- But whereas tyranny flourishes in the dark, democracy thrives in sunlight. (counterpunch.org)
- Ellen Miller, the founder of the Sunlight Foundation, wants to redefine public information as online information. (ethanzuckerman.com)
- As this is our first stab at creating such comprehensive transparency legislation, we want others to tell us if we aren't being aggressive enough, or are too aggressive in our initial approach to these issues,' writes the Sunlight Foundation 's co-founder Ellen Miller . (wired.com)
- This is comparable to the irradiance monitor currently in use to measure sunlight. (nist.gov)
- This cell voltage remains fairly constant just as long as there is sufficient irradiance light from dull to bright sunlight. (alternative-energy-tutorials.com)
- Sunlight-friendly architecture could heat and illuminate buildings without expending any electricity. (bostonreview.net)
- Easy Home Repair Tips - The Delite- gumtree black sunlight washing powder and omo from various brands ,Squeeze the powder in between the boards, and then use a makeup brush to push the powder down in the crack.7. (tipi-camp.pl)
- Sunlight Washing Powder - Smell the clean all day! (aktiveco.org.pl)
- Sunlight brand manager responsible for Unilever South Africa's biggest brand, Sunlight Laundry washing powder. (aktiveco.org.pl)
- Dersimelagon, a novel once-daily oral selective melanocortin-1 receptor agonist, significantly boosted sunlight tolerance in patients with erythropoietic protoporphyria in a multicenter, phase 2, randomized trial, Kirstine Belongie, PhD, reported at the virtual annual meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology. (medscape.com)
- Induction of endogenous melanin by exposure of skin to broad- or narrow-band UV-B lamps or to UV-A in conjunction with a psoralen UV-A photosensitizer also may increase tolerance to natural sunlight. (medscape.com)
- Louis Brandeis famously said that sunlight was "the best of disinfectants. (prospect.org)
- Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants. (richmondsunlight.com)
- Sunlight or artificial light can trigger the material to go poof. (newscientist.com)
- Sunlight is one of the world's natural prostate cancer cures. (alsearsmd.com)
- The men who had the highest sunlight exposure reduced their risk of developing prostate cancer by 66 percent. (alsearsmd.com)
- Even people in the second and third quartiles had a significantly lower chance of getting prostate cancer compared with those who got the least sunlight. (alsearsmd.com)
- It showed that sunlight exposure alone - about 20 minutes a day for fair-skinned folks and two to four times that much for those with dark skin - can reduce the risk of prostate cancer and 15 other types of cancer in both men and women 3 . (alsearsmd.com)
- Why is sunlight so powerful as a prostate cancer treatment and preventative? (alsearsmd.com)
- The vitamin D you get from sunlight can slow the progress of prostate cancer and stop it from spreading,5 increasing your chances of survival. (alsearsmd.com)
- Sunlight takes just over eight minutes to reach us from the sun, and brings plenty of heat, energy and color on the trip. (msichicago.org)
- Sunlight streams through the Museum's roof so that you can split white light into colors to recreate Isaac Newton's prism experiments, focus the sun's energy through a Fresnel lens to heat a liquid, and convert it into power to race model cars. (msichicago.org)
- Heat a pool of water with sunlight, and track the process with a thermal camera. (msichicago.org)
- Flat solar panels still face big limitations when it comes to making the most of the available sunlight each day. (ieee.org)
- Similarly, the spherical architecture increases the 'angular field of view' of the solar cell, which means it can harvest sunlight from more directions. (ieee.org)
- The spherical solar cell also delivered about 60 percent more power output than its flat counterpart when both could collect only scattered sunlight under a simulated roof rather than receiving direct sunlight. (ieee.org)
- Imagination comes to life - Aleem's wedding gowns collection, Dancing in the Sunlight, evokes celebration and happiness for your wedding day. (aleemyusuf.com)
- Alice Springs in Australia comes in second with 3499 of annual sunlight hours, combined with a shorter working week of 31.82 hours and just under 9 hours sleep meaning that working and living there would increase your natural vitamin D intake and give you a great work-life balance. (hollandandbarrett.com)
- One solid study found that sunlight actually increases levels of a natural antidepressant in the brain. (iherb.com)
- Direct photodegradation of androstenedione and testosterone in natural sunlight: inhibition by dissolved organic matter and reduction of endocrine disrupting potential. (bvsalud.org)
- solutions of AD and T in natural sunlight , and evaluates the endocrine-disrupting potential of the resulting solutions . (bvsalud.org)
- Sunlight can transform some plastics into water-soluble chemicals, new research has shown. (yahoo.com)
- Composed of many separate chunks of rocky, icy material, the rings allow the scattered sunlight to pass through them -- offering a dramatic demonstration that they are not continuous, uninterrupted bands of material. (astronet.ru)
- Bad oral hygiene was the main risk factor followed by prolonged sunlight exposure. (bvsalud.org)
- It takes sunlight, water, and air-and then look at a tree. (inhabitat.com)
- Co-author Collin Ward, assistant scientist in Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution's Marine Chemistry and Geochemistry Department, said: "It's astonishing to think that sunlight can break down plastic, which is essentially one compound that typically has some additives mixed in, into tens of thousands of compounds that dissolve in water. (yahoo.com)
- There is seaweed in the water close to the rocks that is picking up sunlight so I paint that with raw sienna. (pjcookartist.com)
- A rather simple but effective subject matter that hopefully leaves the viewer with the feeling of bright sunlight near the ocean. (pjcookartist.com)
- Bright sunlight, however, is seldom thought to pose a risk of hazard, but statistics tell another story. (farmerclinecampbell.com)
- In fact, the potential for a life-threatening accident is 16 percent higher in bright sunlight than under normal weather conditions, according to studies reporting accident statistics . (farmerclinecampbell.com)
- One of the problems with driving into bright sunlight is that drivers don't prepare for it because it is not typically thought of as a risk factor. (farmerclinecampbell.com)
- Headlights, lamps, or sunlight may appear too bright. (medlineplus.gov)
- The electrical power in Watts, generated by these different photovoltaic cells when exposed to direct sunlight is roughly the same for each panel and is given as the product of the voltage times the current. (alternative-energy-tutorials.com)
- Unlike a photovoltaic cells voltage, the output DC current ( I ) however, does vary in direct relationship to the amount or intensity of the sunlight (photon energy) falling onto the face of the PV cell. (alternative-energy-tutorials.com)
- coated roofing sheets products New Sunlight Roof products satisfy global customers perfectly. (newsunlight.net)
- New Sunlight Roof coated roofing sheets products Foshan New Sunlight Roof Co.,Ltd delivers coated roofing sheets products and significant value with unprecedented turnaround times, competitive price levels, and superior quality to customers all over the world. (newsunlight.net)
- Adopting value-based positioning strategy, our brands such as New Sunlight Roof have always been known for their high cost-performance ratio offerings. (newsunlight.net)
- Doerr also writes about Amory Lovins, a longstanding advocate for renewables, whose Colorado house uses direct sunlight for 99 percent of its heating needs. (bostonreview.net)
- Selling Sunlight Game Free Download Cracked in Direct Link and Torrent. (pcgames2020.com)
- Just Download, Run Setup And Install.Selling Sunlight Free Download Full Version PC Game Setup In Single Direct Link For Windows. (pcgames2020.com)
- In an environment of no sunlight, the distance between the lamp and the plant is 0.5 m-1M, which depends on the plant. (closetsamples.com)
- A louvre wall system delivers the sunlight, the shade, and the fresh air. (danpal.com)
- Hotel Jirisan Sunlight offers 23 accommodations with hair dryers and complimentary toiletries. (hotwire.com)
- In a study funded by the NASA Applied Sciences Program/Public Health Program (fully cited below), scientists at NASA Marshall Space Flight Center/ Universities Space Research Association developed computer programs to process the NLDAS-2 hourly primary forcing files, extract the hourly daily sunlight observations and compute the average daily values. (cdc.gov)
- Obtain average daily sunlight , reported in kilojoules per square meter (KJ/m 2 ), the number of observations , and the range . (cdc.gov)
- These observations suggest that environmental exposure, and in particular, early sunlight exposure (which is correlated with vitamin D levels) in the first two decades of life, influences the risk of developing MS. Related to this finding, several European population studies observed that there is a lower risk of MS for births occurring after October and a higher risk for MS for births occurring after May. (iherb.com)
- While it prefers shade, moss won't die if exposed to sunlight. (tnnursery.net)
- Sunlight and shade for comfort, with beauty thrown in for good measure: that's the Danpal louvre wall system. (danpal.com)
- The company, which CNN reports is backed by an investment from Bill Gates, uses mirrors to magnify sunlight which creates temperatures hot enough to mix cement or create steel, Gross says. (wbur.org)
- It's a field of mirrors that are all perfectly computer controlled to reflect the sunlight to a single spot. (wbur.org)
- Select specific criteria to produce cross-tabulated average daily sunlight measures. (cdc.gov)
- The new findings "fundamentally challenge this guideline and indicate that sunlight not only aids physical fragmentation of plastic, it chemically alters it, producing a suite of transformation products that no longer resemble the parent material,' the researchers write. (yahoo.com)
- Panels convert free, public sunlight into private, metered kilowatts. (bostonreview.net)
- People aren't protesting en masse just in response to the legislation "though there's certainly plenty to be outraged about there" but to combat the misleading secrecy by which it was forced upon the public. (commoncause.org)
- A new effort put together by the Sunlight Foundation , a Washington DC non-profit, has pulled together various ideas that have been floating around Congress for some time, consolidates them and asks the public for feedback. (wired.com)
- The Sunlight Foundation wants public feedback on its effort. (wired.com)
- Sunlight or kerosene to power cold-chain refrigerators? (who.int)
- As a result, the Accountability & Finance score for The Sunlight Foundation is outdated and the overall rating may not be representative of its current operations. (charitynavigator.org)
- The Sunlight Foundation has earned a 73% for the Accountability & Finance beacon. (charitynavigator.org)
- A novel sunlight sensor launched into space this summer could revolutionize climate change measurements. (nist.gov)
- The goal was to increase their pain-free sunlight exposure time. (medscape.com)
- Well, we've created The Sunshine Index which reveals the best cities where you can spend the most time in the sunshine, based on the amount of sunlight hours, working hours and sleeping hours, as well as the amount of free outdoor spaces where you can enjoy the sun. (hollandandbarrett.com)
- When it comes to cities across the world with free outdoor spaces for you to venture into, Moscow hits the top spot with 564 attractions, followed by sunlight city favourite Rome with 556. (hollandandbarrett.com)
- Some release skin-damaging free radicals in sunlight, some disrupt hormone systems, several are strongly linked to allergic reactions, and others build up in the body or the environment. (pioneerthinking.com)
- Hotel Jirisan Sunlight is a smoke-free property. (hotwire.com)
- This activity shows learners that plants need sunlight to survive. (howtosmile.org)
- Z-scheme BiOCl-Au-CdS exhibited excellent sunlight-driven photocatalytic activity toward the degradations of organic dyes and antibiotics. (researcher-app.com)
- The aim of this sedentary activity, lack of sunlight, and unhealthy dietary study was to explore the possible impact of vitamin D patterns. (who.int)
- For decades the U.S. Green Building Council (author of LEED standards) and the Passive House Institute have advocated for panels plus panel-less sunlight-friendly architecture. (bostonreview.net)
- The organic compounds produced by sunlight were analysed at the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory, which designed and developed a mass spectrometer equipped with a 21 tesla magnet that achieves the highest mass resolution and accuracy in the world. (yahoo.com)
- John Wonderlich , the Sunlight Foundation's program director, says that his organization has formed working relationships with both House majority and minority leaders, who he says have been receptive to Sunlight's ideas. (wired.com)