A short-acting opioid anesthetic and analgesic derivative of FENTANYL. It produces an early peak analgesic effect and fast recovery of consciousness. Alfentanil is effective as an anesthetic during surgery, for supplementation of analgesia during surgical procedures, and as an analgesic for critically ill patients.
Ultrashort-acting anesthetics that are used for induction. Loss of consciousness is rapid and induction is pleasant, but there is no muscle relaxation and reflexes frequently are not reduced adequately. Repeated administration results in accumulation and prolongs the recovery time. Since these agents have little if any analgesic activity, they are seldom used alone except in brief minor procedures. (From AMA Drug Evaluations Annual, 1994, p174)
Drugs that block nerve conduction when applied locally to nerve tissue in appropriate concentrations. They act on any part of the nervous system and on every type of nerve fiber. In contact with a nerve trunk, these anesthetics can cause both sensory and motor paralysis in the innervated area. Their action is completely reversible. (From Gilman AG, et. al., Goodman and Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 8th ed) Nearly all local anesthetics act by reducing the tendency of voltage-dependent sodium channels to activate.
Labor Stage, First
Relief of PAIN, without loss of CONSCIOUSNESS, through ANALGESIC AGENTS administered by the patients. It has been used successfully to control POSTOPERATIVE PAIN, during OBSTETRIC LABOR, after BURNS, and in TERMINAL CARE. The choice of agent, dose, and lockout interval greatly influence effectiveness. The potential for overdose can be minimized by combining small bolus doses with a mandatory interval between successive doses (lockout interval).
Anesthesia Recovery Period
Encyclopedias as Topic
A local anesthetic that is chemically related to BUPIVACAINE but pharmacologically related to LIDOCAINE. It is indicated for infiltration, nerve block, and epidural anesthesia. Mepivacaine is effective topically only in large doses and therefore should not be used by this route. (From AMA Drug Evaluations, 1994, p168)
The prototypical analgesic used in the treatment of mild to moderate pain. It has anti-inflammatory and antipyretic properties and acts as an inhibitor of cyclooxygenase which results in the inhibition of the biosynthesis of prostaglandins. Aspirin also inhibits platelet aggregation and is used in the prevention of arterial and venous thrombosis. (From Martindale, The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 30th ed, p5)
Intravenous anesthetics that induce a state of sedation, immobility, amnesia, and marked analgesia. Subjects may experience a strong feeling of dissociation from the environment. The condition produced is similar to NEUROLEPTANALGESIA, but is brought about by the administration of a single drug. (From Gilman et al., Goodman and Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 8th ed)
Depressive Disorder, Treatment-Resistant
An intravenous anesthetic agent which has the advantage of a very rapid onset after infusion or bolus injection plus a very short recovery period of a couple of minutes. (From Smith and Reynard, Textbook of Pharmacology, 1992, 1st ed, p206). Propofol has been used as ANTICONVULSANTS and ANTIEMETICS.
Health Care Sector
Transdermal nitroglycerine enhances spinal sufentanil postoperative analgesia following orthopedic surgery. (1/224)BACKGROUND: Sufentanil is a potent but short-acting spinal analgesic used to manage perioperative pain. This study evaluated the influence of transdermal nitroglycerine on the analgesic action of spinal sufentanil in patients undergoing orthopedic surgery. METHODS: Fifty-six patients were randomized to one of four groups. Patients were premedicated with 0.05-0.1 mg/kg intravenous midazolam and received 15 mg bupivacaine plus 2 ml of the test drug intrathecally (saline or 10 microg sufentanil). Twenty to 30 min after the spinal puncture, a transdermal patch of either 5 mg nitroglycerin or placebo was applied. The control group received spinal saline and transdermal placebo. The sufentanil group received spinal sufentanil and transdermal placebo. The nitroglycerin group received spinal saline and transdermal nitroglycerine patch. Finally, the sufentanil-nitroglycerin group received spinal sufentanil and transdermal nitroglycerine. Pain and adverse effects were evaluated using a 10-cm visual analog scale. RESULTS: The time to first rescue analgesic medication was longer for the sufentanil-nitroglycerin group (785+/-483 min) compared with the other groups (P<0.005). The time to first rescue analgesics was also longer for the sufentanil group compared with the control group (P<0.05). The sufentanil-nitroglycerin group group required less rescue analgesics in 24 h compared with the other groups (P<0.02) and had lesser 24-h pain visual analog scale scores compared with the control group (P<0.005), although these scores were similar to the sufentanil and nitroglycerin groups (P>0.05). The incidence of perioperative adverse effects was similar among groups (P>0.05). CONCLUSIONS: Transdermal nitroglycerine alone (5 mg/day), a nitric oxide generator, did not result in postoperative analgesia itself, but it prolonged the analgesic effect of spinal sufentanil (10 microg) and provided 13 h of effective postoperative analgesia after knee surgery. (+info)
A double-blind comparison of 0.125% ropivacaine with sufentanil and 0.125% bupivacaine with sufentanil for epidural labor analgesia. (2/224)BACKGROUND: This study intends to evaluate the benefits of the administration of intermittent bolus doses of ropivacaine (0.125%) compared with bupivacaine (0.125%) after addition of sufentanil for analgesia during labor. METHODS: One hundred thirty American Society of Anesthesiologists physical status 1 or 2 parturients were studied. The 90 initial patients were assigned randomly to receive 10 ml bupivacaine, 0.125%, plus 7.5 microg sufentanil (initial bupivacaine 0.125% group) or ropivacaine, 0.125%, plus 7.5 microg sufentanil (ropivacaine 0.125% group). Forty additional patients were recruited and received 0.125% bupivacaine plus 7.5 microg sufentanil (additional bupivacaine 0.125% group) or 0.100% bupivacaine plus 7.5 microg sufentanil (additional bupivacaine 0.100% group). The duration of analgesia, visual analogue scores for pain, motor blockade (using a six-point modified Bromage scale), patient satisfaction scores, nausea, pruritus, heart rate, and blood pressure were recorded. RESULTS: Bupivacaine 0.125% and ropivacaine 0.125% coadministered with sufentanil provided rapid and complete analgesia. Onset of analgesia occurred after +/-15 min and lasted +/-90 min. After the third epidural injection, patients in the ropivacaine group experienced significantly less severe motor blockade than patients in the initial bupivacaine 0.125% group. At this point, 93% of the patients in the ropivacaine group were free from motor impairment versus 66% in the bupivacaine group (P<0.05). Comparable levels of motor blockade were obtained in both additional groups. Patients' evaluation of their analgesia was worst in the bupivacaine 0.100% group. CONCLUSIONS: Ropivacaine 0.125% with sufentanil affords reliable analgesia with minimal motor blockade. (+info)
Effects of propofol, propofol-nitrous oxide and midazolam on cortical somatosensory evoked potentials during sufentanil anaesthesia for major spinal surgery. (3/224)Recording of cortical somatosensory evoked potentials (CSEP) enables monitoring of spinal cord function. We studied the effects of propofol, propofol-nitrous oxide or midazolam during sufentanil anaesthesia on CSEP monitoring during major spinal surgery. Thirty patients with normal preoperative CSEP were allocated randomly to one of the following anaesthesia regimens: propofol (2.5 mg kg-1 followed by 10-6 mg kg-1 h-1) with or without nitrous oxide, or midazolam (0.3 mg kg-1 followed by 0.15 mg kg-1 h-1) combined with sufentanil 0.5 microgram kg-1 h-1 in the propofol and midazolam groups, or 0.25 microgram kg-1 h-1 in the propofol-nitrous oxide group. CSEP were elicited by alternate right and left tibial posterior nerve stimulation and recorded before and after induction (15 min, 1, 2 and 3 h), and during skin closure. CSEP latencies were not significantly modified in the three groups. CSEP amplitude decreased significantly in the propofol-nitrous oxide group (from mean 2.0 (SEM 0.3) to 0.6 (0.1) microV; P < 0.05) but not in the propofol (from 1.8 (0.6) to 2.2 (0.3) microV) or midazolam (1.7 (0.5) to 1.6 (0.5) microV) groups. The time to the first postoperative voluntary motor response (recovery) delay was significantly greater in the midazolam group (115 (19) min) compared with the propofol and propofol-nitrous oxide groups (43 (8) and 41 (3) min, respectively). Consequently, the use of propofol without nitrous oxide can be recommended during spinal surgery when CSEP monitoring is required. (+info)
Intrathecal neostigmine and sufentanil for early labor analgesia. (4/224)BACKGROUND: Recent efforts to improve the combined spinal epidural (CSE) technique have focused on adding opioids to other classes of analgesics. In this study, the authors used intrathecal neostigmine in combination with intrathecal sufentanil to investigate the usefulness of neostigmine for reducing side effects and prolonging the duration of sufentanil. METHODS: One hundred six healthy pregnant women in labor were enrolled in this study, which was divided into four phases. In all phases, patients received a CSE anesthetic while in the lateral position. In phase I, three groups of six women each received intrathecal neostigmine, 5, 10, or 20 microg, in an open-label, dose-escalating safety assessment. In phase II, 24 women received intrathecal sufentanil alone to establish an ED50 (dose that produces > 60 min of labor analgesia in 50% of patients). In phase III, an ED50 was established for sufentanil combined with a fixed dose of neostigmine (10 microg). In phase IV, 40 women received either twice the ED50 of sufentanil alone or twice the ED50 of sufentanil plus neostigmine, 10 microg. RESULTS: Neostigmine alone had no adverse effects on maternal vital signs, fetal heart rate, or Apgar scores. Neostigmine, 20 microg, produced analgesia in one patient and severe nausea and vomiting in another. The ED50 for intrathecal sufentanil alone was 4.1 +/- 0.31 microg, and the ED50 for intrathecal sufentanil combined with neostigmine, 10 microg, was 3.0 +/- 0.28 microg. The duration of analgesia and side effects from double these ED50s (sufentanil, 9 microg, or sufentanil, 6 microg, plus neostigmine, 10 microg) were similar between groups. CONCLUSIONS: The 10-microg intrathecal neostigmine dose alone produced no analgesia or side effects, but reduced the ED50 of intrathecal sufentanil by approximately 25%. Additionally, doses approximately double these ED50s each produced a similar duration of analgesia and side effects, indicating intrathecal neostigmine shifts the dose-response curve for intrathecal sufentanil to the left. (+info)
Alfentanil causes less postoperative nausea and vomiting than equipotent doses of fentanyl or sufentanil in outpatients. (5/224)BACKGROUND: The relative potencies of alfentanil, fentanyl, and sufentanil as a risk factor for postoperative nausea and vomiting have not been determined. They were compared in a randomized study designed to obtain equipotent plasma concentrations of these three opioids at the beginning of the recovery period. METHODS: The study included 274 patients treated on an outpatient basis. The steady state opioid plasma concentration providing a predicted 50% reduction of the minimum alveolar concentration of isoflurane was used to determine the relative potency of the opioids. The opioids were prepared in equal volumes at concentrations of alfentanil 150 microg/ml, fentanyl 50 microg/ml, and sufentanil 5 microg/ml and were administered in vol/kg. Anesthesia was induced in a blinded fashion with a bolus of the study opioid (0.05 ml/kg) and 4-6 mg/kg thiopental and was maintained with isoflurane (0.6-1%) in a nitrous oxide-oxygen mixture with a continuous infusion of the study opioid (0.06 ml x kg(-1) x h(-1)). If necessary, up to five additional boluses of opioid (0.02 ml/kg) could be given. This opioid administration protocol was tested by pharmacokinetic simulations. RESULTS: The incidence of postoperative nausea and vomiting was not different in the postanesthesia care unit, but in the ambulatory surgery unit it was significantly lower for alfentanil compared with fentanyl and sufentanil (12, 34, and 35%, respectively P < 0.005). Pharmacokinetic modeling showed that the end-anesthesia opioid plasma concentrations were approximately equipotent in the three groups. However, modeling does not support that the difference between groups in the postoperative period can be explained by a more rapid disappearance of alfentanil from the plasma. CONCLUSIONS: Alfentanil, compared with approximately equipotent doses of fentanyl and sufentanil, is associated with a lower incidence of postoperative nausea and vomiting in outpatients. (+info)
Comparative spinal distribution and clearance kinetics of intrathecally administered morphine, fentanyl, alfentanil, and sufentanil. (6/224)BACKGROUND: Despite widespread use, little is known about the comparative pharmacokinetics of intrathecally administered opioids. The present study was designed to characterize the rate and extent of opioid distribution within cerebrospinal fluid, spinal cord, epidural space, and systemic circulation after intrathecal injection. METHODS: Equal doses of morphine and alfentanil, fentanyl, or sufentanil were administered intrathecally (L3) to anesthetized pigs. Microdialysis probes were used to sample cerebrospinal fluid at L2, T11, T7, T3, and the epidural space at L2 every 5-10 min for 4 h. At the end of the experiment, spinal cord and epidural fat tissue were sampled, and each probe's recovery was determined in vitro. Using SAAM II pharmacokinetic modeling software (SAAM Institute, University of Washington, Seattle, WA), the data were fit to a 16-compartment model that was divided into four spinal levels, each of which consisted of a caternary arrangement of four compartments representing the spinal cord, cerebrospinal fluid, epidural space, and epidural fat. RESULTS: Model simulations revealed that the integral exposure (area under the curve divided by dose) of the spinal cord (i.e., effect compartment) to the opioids was highest for morphine because of its low spinal cord distribution volume and slow clearance into plasma The integral exposure of the spinal cord to the other opioids was relatively low, but for different reasons: alfentanil has a high clearance from spinal cord into plasma, fentanyl distributes rapidly into the epidural space and fat, and sufentanil has a high spinal cord volume of distribution. CONCLUSIONS: The four opioids studied demonstrate markedly different pharmacokinetic behavior, which correlates well with their pharmacodynamic behavior. (+info)
Involvement of the cyclic AMP system in the switch from tolerance into supersensitivity to the antinociceptive effect of the opioid sufentanil. (7/224)1. We have previously demonstrated that chronic and simultaneous treatment of rats with the mu-opioid receptor agonist sufentanil and the Ca(2+) channel blocker nimodipine, not only prevented tolerance development, but the animals became supersensitive to the antinociceptive effect of the opioid. The focus of the present work was to determine the possible involvement of cross interactions between the adenylyl cyclase pathway and L-type voltage-sensitive Ca(2+)-channels, in modulating the switch from opioid tolerance into supersensitivity. 2. The modulatory effect of sufentanil on adenylyl cyclase activity was determined by measuring cyclic AMP production in slices from the cortex of rats rendered tolerant or supersensitive to the antinociceptive effect of the opioid. Tolerance was induced by chronic infusion of sufentanil, at a rate of 2 microg h(-1), for 7 days. Supersensitivity was induced by concurrent infusion of sufentanil (2 microg h(-1)) and nimodipine (1 microg h(-1)) for 7 days. Antinociception was evaluated by the tail-flick test. 3. Tolerance to the analgesic effect of sufentanil was associated with a significant reduction in the response of adenylyl cyclase to forskolin. Furthermore, the effect of the opioid on forskolin-induced cyclic AMP accumulation was abolished. On the other hand, supersensitivity to the analgesic effect of the opioid was associated with an increase in both, the adenylyl cyclase response to forskolin, and the opioid inhibition of cyclic AMP production. 4. We suggest that sustained L-type Ca(2+) channel blockade may result in changes in the adenylyl cyclase effector system triggered by mu-opioid receptor activation, leading to the switch from opioid tolerance into supersensitivity. (+info)
The dose-response of intrathecal sufentanil added to bupivacaine for labor analgesia. (8/224)BACKGROUND: Regional analgesia for labor often is initiated with an intrathecal injection of a local anesthetic and opioid. The purpose of this prospective, randomized, blinded study was to determine the optimal dose of intrathecal sufentanil when combined with 2.5 mg bupivacaine for labor analgesia. METHODS: One hundred seventy parous parturients with cervical dilation between 3-5 cm were randomized to receive intrathecal 0 (control), 2.5, 5.0, 7.5, or 10.0 microg sufentanil combined with 2.5 mg bupivacaine, followed by a lidocaine epidural test dose, for initiation of analgesia (34 patients in each group). Visual analog scores and the presence of nausea, vomiting, and pruritus were determined every 15 min until the patient requested additional analgesia. Fetal heart rate tracings were compared between groups. RESULTS: Groups were similar for age, height, weight, oxytocin dose, duration of labor, and baseline visual analog scores. Duration of action was significantly shorter for control patients (39 +/- 25 min [mean +/- SD]) compared with those administered sufentanil, all doses (93 +/- 32, 93 +/- 47, 94 +/- 33, 97 +/- 39 min), but was not different among groups administered 2.5, 5.0, 7.5, or 10.0 microg sufentanil. More patients who received 10 microg sufentanil reported nausea and vomiting than did control patients. The severity of pruritus increased with administration of 7.5 and 10.0 microg sufentanil. There was no difference in fetal heart rate changes among groups. CONCLUSIONS: Intrathecal bupivacaine (2.5 mg) without sufentanil did not provide satisfactory analgesia for parous patients. However, bupivacaine combined with 2.5 microg sufentanil provided analgesia comparable to higher doses, with a lower incidence of nausea and vomiting and less severe pruritus. (+info)
Sufentanil infusion before extubation suppresses coughing on emergence without delaying extubation time and reduces...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Sufentanil infusion before extubation suppresses coughing on emergence without delaying extubation time and reduces postoperative analgesic requirement without increasing nausea and vomiting after desflurane anesthesia. AU - Lee, Jea Yeun. AU - Lim, Byung Gun. AU - Park, Hye Yoon. AU - Kim, Nan Sook. N1 - Copyright: Copyright 2012 Elsevier B.V., All rights reserved.. PY - 2012/6. Y1 - 2012/6. N2 - Background: Coughing, hypertension, tachycardia, and even laryngospasm can occur due to airway irritation during emergence from anesthesia. We investigated the effect of maintaining a sufentanil infusion during emergence from anesthesia by evaluating the incidence of cough and recovery profiles at extubation. Methods: In total, eighty-four patients undergoing an elective laparoscopic hysterectomy were randomly divided into two sufentanil groups and a control group. During emergence, sufentanil was administered in the sufentanil groups at a rate of 0.2 μg/kg/hr (Group S1) or 0.3 ...
Sufentanil - Wikipedia
Sufentanil (R30730, brand name Sufenta) is a synthetic opioid analgesic drug approximately 5 to 10 times more potent than its parent drug, fentanyl, and 500 times as potent as morphine. Structurally, sufentanil differs from fentanyl through the addition of a methoxymethyl group on the piperidine ring (which is believed to reduce duration of action), and the replacement of the phenyl ring by thiophene. Sufentanil first was synthesized at Janssen Pharmaceutica in 1974. Sufentanil is marketed for use by specialist centers under different trade names, such as Sufenta and Sufentil. Sufentanil with and without lidocaine or mepivacaine is available as a transdermal patch similar to Duragesic in Europe under trade names such as Chronogesic. The main use of this medication is in operating suites and critical care where pain relief is required for a short period of time. It also offers properties of sedation and this makes it a good analgesic component of anesthetic regimen during an operation. It is ...
Remifentanil versus Sufentanil em infusão contínua em intervenções cirúrgicas videolaparoscópicas: estudo comparativo
SIMONI, Ricardo Francisco; PEREIRA, Antônio Márcio Sanfim Arantes; BOREGA, Renato dos Santos and SIMOES, Daniel Caldeira Pereira. Remifentanil versus Sufentanil em infusão contínua em intervenções cirúrgicas videolaparoscópicas: estudo comparativo. Rev. Bras. Anestesiol. [online]. 2008, vol.58, n.3, pp.193-201. ISSN 0034-7094. http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/S0034-70942008000300001.. JUSTIFICATIVA E OBJETIVOS: A infusão contínua (IC) de remifentanil na técnica de anestesia venosa total é prática comum. Já o sufentanil em IC para cirurgias de curta/média duração tem sido pouco utilizado. O objetivo desse estudo foi comparar duas técnicas de anestesia venosa total, utilizando remifentanil ou sufentanil em IC, quanto ao comportamento anestésico no intra-operatório e às características da recuperação anestésica em pacientes submetidos à videolaparoscopia. MÉTODO: Participaram desse estudo 60 pacientes divididos em 2 grupos iguais (GR e GS). O GR foi induzido com remifentanil IC ...
Sufentanil - Side Effects, Uses, Dosage, Overdose, Pregnancy, Alcohol | RxWiki
Sufentanil - Get up-to-date information on Sufentanil side effects, uses, dosage, overdose, pregnancy, alcohol and more. Learn more about Sufentanil
Global and Chinese Sufentanil Industry (CAS 56030-54-7) 2019 Analysis of Key Manufacturer and Forecasts: RnR Market Research
This is a professional and in-depth study on the current state of the Global Sufentanil Industry with a focus on the Chinese market. The report provides key statistics on the market status of the Sufentanil manufacturers and is a valuable source of guidance and direction for companies and individuals interested in the industry.. Firstly, the report provides a basic overview of the industry including its definition, applications and manufacturing technology. Then, the report explores the international and Chinese major industry players in detail. In this part, the report presents the company profile, product specifications, capacity, production value, and 2009-2014 market shares for each company. Through the statistical analysis, the report depicts the global and Chinese total market of Sufentanil industry including capacity, production, production value, cost/profit, supply/demand and Chinese import/export. The total market is further divided by company, by country, and by application/type for ...
HEMODYNAMIC EFFECTS OP BW A938U IN CORONARY ARTERY BYPASS GRAFT AND VALVE REPLACEMENT PATIENTS RECEIVING OXYGEN SUFENTANIL...
Craig M. Stoops, Charles A. Curtis, David A. Kovach, Richard L. McCammon, Robert K. Stoelting, Thomas M. Warren; HEMODYNAMIC EFFECTS OP BW A938U IN CORONARY ARTERY BYPASS GRAFT AND VALVE REPLACEMENT PATIENTS RECEIVING OXYGEN SUFENTANIL ANESTHESIA. Anesthesiology 1987;67(3):A368. Download citation file:. ...
European Medicines Agency Begins Evaluation of Marketing Application for Sublingual Sufentanil 30 mcg Tablet (ARX-04) for...
The Companys follow on product candidate, ZALVISO® (sufentanil sublingual tablet system), designed for the management of moderate-to-severe acute pain in adult patients in the hospital setting, is currently enrolling patients in a Phase 3 clinical trial, IAP312. ZALVISO delivers 15 mcg sufentanil sublingually through a non-invasive delivery route via a pre-programmed, patient-controlled analgesia device. ZALVISO is approved in the EU for the management of acute postoperative pain in a hospital setting and is investigational and in late-stage development in the U.S ...
Effect of intrathecal sufentanil on hemodynamic change in spinal anesthesia with lidocain 5% for cesarean section - Journal of...
مجله علمی دانشگاه علوم پزشکی و خدمات درمانی بیرجند . داراي رتبه علمي- پژوهشي از كميسيون نشريات علوم پزشكي كشور Journal of Birjand University of Medical Sciencesfrom iran
Sufentanil Test | Toxicology | Neogen
Neogens Sufentanil ELISA (Enzyme-Linked ImmunoSorbent Assay) test kit is a qualitative one-step kit designed for use as a screening device for the detection of Sufentanil and Carfentanil. The kit was designed for screening purposes and is intended for forensic use only.. ...
Global Sufentanil (API) Market Professional Survey Report 2017 : ReportsnReports
[100 Pages Report] Check for Discount on Global Sufentanil (API) Market Professional Survey Report 2017 report by QYResearch Group. This report studies Sufentanil (API) in Global market, especially in...
Individual Probability of Allogeneic Erythrocyte Transfusion in Elective Spine Surgery:The Predictive Model of Transfusion in...
Patients scheduled to undergo elective spine surgery were included. More than 50% of the patients had an American Society of Anesthesiologists physical status of II or III. Exclusion criteria were exclusive cervical spine surgery, one-level laminectomy, and polytrauma. Clinical management was at the discretion of the attending anesthesiologists and surgeons. In the operating room, patients were continuously monitored with electrocardioscopy, blood pressure monitoring, pulse oximetry, capnography, and esophageal temperature monitoring. A Bair Hugger device (Arizant, Eden Prairie, MN) was used, and fluids were warmed. Anesthesia was induced with propofol (1.5-2.5 mg/kg), sufentanil (15 μg), and atracurium (0.7 mg/kg) and was maintained by a continuous infusion of sufentanil and atracurium, with desflurane in a 50%-50% vol/vol O2-N2O gas mixture. The rate of the sufentanil infusion and the inspired concentration of desflurane were adjusted to maintain mean blood pressure between 50 and 70 mm Hg ...
A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of the Sufentanil NanoTab...
This pivotal phase III trial investigated the efficacy and tolerability of sublingual sufentanil [ARX 01] in patients with acute postoperative pain after
Effect of Delivery Route on the Pharmacokinetics of Sufentanil NanoTab(R) in Healthy Subjects - AdisInsight
This trial compared the pharmacokinetics of sufentanil administered via four routes (intravenous, sublingual, buccal and oral), in healthy subjects.
Sublingual Sufentanil Demonstrates Efficacy for Acute Pain in ER Patients - MPR
AcelRx announced topline results from the Phase 3 SAP302 study of ARX-04 (sufentanil sublingual tablet) for the treatment of moderate-to-severe acute pain associated with trauma or injury in patients presenting to the emergency department.
Sufentanil Citrate (Professional Patient Advice) - Drugs.com
Professional guide for Sufentanil Citrate. Includes: pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, contraindications, interactions, adverse reactions and more.
Leki refundowane - Cena i zamienniki leku Sufentanil Citrate
Sprawdź ile zapłacisz za lek Sufentanil Citrate w aptece, znajdź tańsze zamienniki leku. Określ swoje uprawnienia i sprawdź jakie zniżki Ci przysługują.
sufentanil | Ligand page | IUPHAR/BPS Guide to PHARMACOLOGY
The IUPHAR/BPS Guide to Pharmacology. sufentanil ligand page. Quantitative data and detailed annnotation of the targets of licensed and experimental drugs.
Effect of Epidural Anesthesia and Analgesia on Patients' Outcomes After Liver Resection - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials...
A thoracic epidural catheter (T8-10) was placed in group E. A bolus of 8ml 1% lidocaine with 0.375% ropivacaine was administered 15min before skin incision, followed by 5-8 ml/hr infusion during surgery in group E.. Postoperative analgesia by PCEA in group E (concentration: 0.1% ropivacaine + 0.1μg/ml sufentanil, loading dose: 4ml, infusion rate: 8ml/hr, bolus: 4ml, 1hr limit: 16ml) and lasting for 48hr and PCIA in group G (concentration: 1μg/ml sufentanil, loading dose: 4ml, bolus: 2ml, 4hr limit: 30ml).. Both group received general anesthesia maintaining with 1-2% end tidal sevoflurane together with TCI of propofol (target plasma concentration, 2-3µg/ml), continuous infusion of remifentanil (0.10 - 0.20 μg/kg/min) and cis-atracurium intermittently as needed. ...
Regional Anesthesia by Ashley Lamb on Prezi
Zhang, W., Fang, C., Li, J., Geng, Q. T., Wang, S., Kang, F., ... & Wei, X. (2014). Single-Dose, Bilateral Paravertebral Block Plus Intravenous Sufentanil Analgesia in Patients With Esophageal Cancer Undergoing Combined Thoracoscopic-Laparoscopic Esophagectomy: A Safe and Effective Alternative. Journal of cardiothoracic and vascular anesthesia, 28(4), 978-984 ...
Pharmaceutical Intermediates Powder Ocfentanil Acetylfentanyl Fentanyl Hcl Trefentanil Sufentanil - WANKE BIO-TECH CO., LIMITED...
1. Hot sale products: 10.Products list: * Fentanyl products: 2,5-Dimethylfentanyl 3-Allylfentanyl 3-Methylbutyrfentanyl p-fluoroisobutyrfentanyl p-chloroisobutyrfentanyl Cyclopentylfentanyl Furanylethylfentanyl Methoxyacetylfentanyl Thenylfentanyl...
WHEN HEPATITIS C WAS TRANSMITTED FROM PATIENT TO PATIENT - The anesthesia consultant
Clinical Case for Discussion: An anesthesia colleague of yours dilutes a 50-microgram ampoule of sufentanil with 9 cc of normal saline, so the final syringe concentration is 5 micrograms per cc. He then injects 10 micrograms of sufentanil from this syringe into the clean IV line of three different patients during his OR day. Is…
A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of the Sufentanil NanoTab...
SPID-48 is the sum of the pain intensity difference (PID) over the 48 hour time period. A pain intensity score of 0 (no pain) to 10 (worse possible pain) is obtained before starting the study and throughout the 48 time period. The pain score at each assessment time is subtracted from the baseline pain score to provide the total sum score or SPID-48. A higher SPID-48 is better and indicates a reduction in pain intensity compared to the baseline score. The range of SPID48 scores were -232 to 326.. Time-weighted SPID48 = ∑ [T(i) - T(i-1)] x PID(i), where T(0) = Time 0 (baseline), T(i) is the scheduled or unscheduled assessment time, and PID(i) is the PID score at time i for i=0 to 48 hours.. Note: Active group n=114 and placebo group n=58, instead of active n=115 and placebo n=57, due to one active patient receiving placebo inadvertently. ...
Author: Spadavecchia, C. / Subject: pain - PubAg Search Results
The purpose of this study was to compare four epidural protocols for peri-operative analgesia in dogs undergoing tibial plateau levelling osteotomy. Forty client-owned dogs were randomly assigned to one of four treatments - groups R0.5 and R1 received 0.5mg/kg and 1mg/kg ropivacaine, respectively. Group SR0.5 received 1μg/kg sufentanil plus 0.5mg/kg ropivacaine, and group SER0.5 received 1μg/kg su ...
Anaesthesia UK : Oral case 119
Intraoperative Course. I. Selection of monitors. 1. Compare invasive vs noninvasive monitors.. 2. When would you place the monitors?. 3. Discuss interpretation of PETCO2.. 4. How does this help with anesthetic management?. 5. Give reasons for discrepancy between paCO2 and PETCO2?. 6. What other monitors would you use? Explain.. 7. How will you decide if myocardial ischemia is occurring intraoperatively?. II. Selection and management of anesthetic techniques. 1. Do you prefer sufentanil for induction? Explain.. 2. What are your goals for induction?. 3. What are your drug choices for induction? Discuss your sequence, including reasons.. 4. You are unable to intubate initially, and the blood pressure increases to 180 systolic. What is the significance of this?. 5. What is your management?. 6. Marked bradycardia after intubation occurs. What are possible causes?. 7. Discuss your management.. 8. Should nitrous oxide be used? Explain your reasons.. 9. What are advantages and disadvantages of inhaled ...
At one point in AKA Its Called Whiskey, Jessica Jones saves her junkie neighbor Malcolm (Eka Darville) from a beating and he thanks her by saying, Youre a good person, Jessica Jones. Her response is quick, dismissive, and correct: Youre high. But is Jessica Jones a good person? Sure, shes trying to stop a mind-controlling maniac and save a young woman from a life behind bars, but are her noble intentions enough to make up for her less admirable choices? Does hunting Kilgrave excuse Jessica sleeping with the former husband of a woman she murdered while under Kilgraves control? Does getting her hands on Kilgraves weakness, the surgical anesthetic sufentanil, excuse her exploitation of Malcolm in order to acquire the drug? Jessica herself says no. During her date with Luke Cage (does going out for a meal between wild sex sessions count as a …. ...
Anæstesi til gynækologisk explorativ laparotomi + postoperativ smertebehandling
Medicinblanding. Ropivacain 0,1% med Sufentanil 0,4 µg/ml i et totalt volumen på 100 ml. Programmering. Programmeret intermitterende bolus 6 ml. Interval 45 min. PCEA 5 ml. Lockout 10 min. Maksimal dosis 25 ml/time. OBS! Afhængigt af indgrebets størrelse og patientprofil pauseres den epidurale smertebehandling efter 1-3 dage. Efter 3-4 timers forløb evalueres, hvorvidt man kan seponere katetret, eller om der er behov for yderligere et par dages epidural analgesi. ...
5??-Reductase | Beneficial Effects of RAF Inhibitor i
In most pre-clinical animal research investigating stem cell therapy in severe myocardial infarction (AMI), the administered stem cells are isolated from healthy donors. sufentanil (50?g/kg) and medetomidine (150?m/kg) subcutaneously. Because these trials acquired to end up being performed under different aneasthesia, as hypnorm/dormicum was no obtainable much longer, an additional healthy control group was included. […]. ...
Sulfentanil Citrate - Anesthetics, Intravenous, Narcotics, Adjuvants, Anesthesia, Analgesics, Opioid, ...
Sufentanil is a synthetic opioid analgesic. Sufentanil interacts predominately with the opioid mu-receptor. These mu-binding sites are discretely distributed in the human brain, spinal cord, and other tissues. In clinical settings, sufentanil exerts its principal pharmacologic effects on the central nervous system. Its primary actions of therapeutic value are analgesia and sedation. Sufentanil may increase the patients tolerance for pain and decrease the perception of suffering, although the presence of the pain itself may still be recognized. In addition to analgesia, alterations in mood, euphoria and dysphoria, and drowsiness commonly occur. Sufentanil depresses the respiratory centers, depresses the cough reflex, and constricts the pupils ...
Institute of Biomedical Engineering (IBT) - Publications
Abstract:. PURPOSE: There is controversy about relevant EEG signal changes indicating adequate or inadequate anaesthesia. Differences of drug-induced and nociceptive mediated signal changes have not been studied in detail. The present study investigates whether signal changes during decreases of depth of anaesthesia due to surgical stimulation depend on different isoflurane concentrations during sufentanil anaesthesia. METHODS: Following IRB approval and written informed consent 28 patients (ASA: I; age 43 +/- 11 y) scheduled for elective abdominal surgery were included in the study. Anaesthesia: propofol (2.0 mg/kg) and sufentanil (1.0 micrograms/kg). Following endotracheal intubation (vecuronium 0.1 mg/kg) patients were normoventilated (P(ET)CO2: 36-38 mmHg). Randomly assigned to steady-state anaesthesia (group 1: P(ET)Isoflurane 0.2%, (14n); group 2: P(ET)Isoflurane 0.6%, (14n) during the start of surgery. Monitoring: heart rate (HF), mean arterial blood pressure (MAP), P(ET)CO2, arterial ...
Dexmedetomidine with sufentanil in intravenous patient-controlled analgesia for relief from postoperative pain, inflammation...
Patients were sent to the surgical room without any premedication 30 min before the surgery. Standard monitoring consisted of five-lead electrocardiography (ECG), oxygen saturation (SpO2) and non-invasive blood pressure measurements. The anesthesiologist administering the anesthetic prepared a 50-ml syringe containing 4 μg/ml of DEX. A 20-gauge intravenous cannula was inserted in the dorsum of each patients left hand; 0.6 μg/kg of DEX was administered, and was changed to 0.4 μg/kg/h for maintenance after 15 min. Preoxygenation with 100% oxygen was administered before induction, which was delivered through a facial mask for no less than 3 min. After the arterial line was inserted under local anesthesia, general anesthesia was induced with 0.3 mg/kg of etomidate, 0.5 μg/kg of sufentanil and 1.2 mg/kg of rocuronium. Manual facemask ventilation was continued for no less than 4 min until the jaw was relaxed and the Bispectral Index Monitoring (BIS) was less than 50 to allow the double-lumen tube ...
Sufentanil Drug Interactions - Drugs.com
772 medications are known to interact with sufentanil. Includes Acetylsalicylic Acid (aspirin), alfentanil, Baricon (barium sulfate).
Braz J Cardiovasc Surg - Sufentanil Reduces Emergence Delirium in Children Undergoing Transthoracic Device...
Xu N, Chen Q, Huang S, Sun K, Cao H. Sufentanil Reduces Emergence Delirium in Children Undergoing Transthoracic Device Closure of VSD After Sevoflurane-Based Cardiac Anesthesia. Braz J Cardiovasc Surg. Ahead of Print ...
Process for the Preparation of Sufentanil Base and Related Compounds - Patent application
0009] The present disclosure is still further directed, in one preferred embodiment, to a process for preparing sufentanil base. The process comprises: (i) preparing a purified 4-(methoxymethyl)-N-phenyl-1-(2-(thiophen-2-yl)ethyl)piperidin-4-amine, the process comprising: (a) combining (4-phenylamino)-1-(2-(thiophen-2-yl)ethyl-piperidin-4-yl)methanol with a dispersion comprising about 60% by weight sodium hydride in the presence of an alcohol catalyst to form a first reaction mixture; (b) heating the first reaction mixture to a temperature between about 65° C. and about 70° C. for about 2 hours to deprotonate the (4-phenylamino)-1-(2-(thiophen-2-yl)ethyl-piperidin-4-yl)methanol; (c) adjusting the temperature of the resulting mixture containing the deprotonated (4-phenylamino)-1-(2-(thiophen-2-yl)ethyl-piperidin-4-yl)methanol to between about 5° C. and about 10° C.; (d) adding an alkylating agent to the temperature adjusted solution, while maintaining the temperature thereof to between about ...
AcelRx Pharmaceuticals to Participate at Four Upcoming Investor Events in February | AcelRx Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
The Companys follow on product, ZALVISO® (sufentanil sublingual tablet system), designed for the management of moderate-to-severe acute pain in adult patients in the hospital setting, is currently enrolling patients in a Phase 3 clinical trial, IAP312. ZALVISO delivers 15 mcg sufentanil sublingually through a non-invasive delivery route via a pre-programmed, patient-controlled analgesia device. ZALVISO is approved in the EU and is investigational and in late-stage development in the U.S ...
Intranasal Sufentanil/Midazolam Versus Ketamine/ Midazolam for Analgesia/Sedation: METHODS
The University Ethics Committee approved the study, and the parents signed written consent forms. Fifty healthy ASA status 1 children, free of any nasopharyngeal or respiratory problems, aged 5-7 years, weighing 15-20 kg, and having 6 or more teeth extracted, were eligible for participation in the study. Exclusion criteria were as follows: the use of analgesics or central nervous system depressants over the previous 24 hours; the use of anticoagulants; hypersensitivity to opioids, benzodiazepines, and ketamine, or any other medication likely to interfere with the study drugs. At a presurgery visit, patients were evaluated for inclusion, and baseline assessments (including a medical history) were performed. Patients were randomly allocated before surgery according to a computer-generated randomization list to 1 of 2 treatment groups. Children were fasted for 8 hours beforehand with only sips of clear fluid allowed 3-4 hours preinduction. In the S/M group, 25 children received intranasal ...
Sufentanil influenced after glyburide started leaving the stage?
legacy pharmaceuticals packaging llc becomes first and only company to receive fda approval provided for generic glyburide. In view instead of this, experimental premedication with an iv dose of glyburide 30 min prior conduct to clotrimazole administration has supposedly been implemented clinically. This case discusses a pharmacokinetic interaction between the prodrug sirolimus and glyburide.
Sabinet | Attenuation of the haemodynamic response to placement of the Mayfield skull pin head holder : alfentanil versus scalp...
Introduction : Application of the Mayfield clamp causes a significant haemodynamic response. Different methods have been used to attenuate this response. We compared two of these methods, namely alfentanil bolus (Group A) and nerve block of the scalp (Group B). <br>Method : Twenty-two patients entered the study. Anaesthesia was standardised using thiopental, sufentanil, vecuronium, isoflurane, oxygen and air. Group A patients received alfentanil 10 mg kg<sup>-1</sup> 90 seconds before clamp placement and group B patients received a scalp block with lignocaine 4-5 mg kg<sup>-1</sup> as a 1% solution after intubation. Blood pressure and pulse rate were recorded before, during and 30 s, 60 s, 120 s, 240 s and 480 s after clamp placement. <br>Results : For group A, the mean maximum changes in systolic, diastolic and mean arterial blood pressure, and heart rate were, 34%, 39%, 35% and 20% respectively. The corresponding values for Group B
Most recent papers with the keyword aortic anesthesia | Read by QxMD
OBJECTIVE: Adjustment in the doses of opioids has been a focus of interest for achieving better fast-track conditions in cardiac anesthesia, but relatively sparse information exists on the potential effect of psychologic and behavioral factors, such as stress, anxiety, and type of personality, on anesthesia requirements and patient turnover in the cardiac recovery unit (CRU); to the authors knowledge, this particular focus has not been systematically investigated. In this randomized study, the authors tested the hypothesis that low-dose sufentanil, compared with a standard dose, can improve fast-track parameters and the overall quality of recovery ...
Preoperative anxiolysis in children
Virtually add sedating / analgesic medications can be used to sedate children prior to anesthesia, the important determinants are 1) available route 2) available agents 3) type/length of procedure 4) medical condition of the patient 5) psychological considerations (both family and patient) and 6) cost. The need for premedication does not begin until ~ 9 months at the earliest. Oral midazolam is the most commonly used agent in the US (0.25 to 1 mg/kg, not to exceed 20 mg). Alternatives when no IV access is yet available include nasal sufentanil (0.25 - 0.5 ucg/kg) and IM ketamine (3-4 mg/kg). Clonidine has also been successfully used in the pediatric patient population. Combination such as IM ketamine/atropine/midazolam (2-4 / 0.02 / 0.05 mg/kg) and oral ketamine/atropine/midazolam (4-6 / 0.02 / 0.5 mg/kg) have also been used to provide enhanced sedation. Ketamine up to 10 mg/kg IM may sometimes be required.. Oral agents are disadvantageous in that bioavailability may differ, and they require ...
DURECT Corporation Announces Earnings and Reports Strong Progress on Its Business | DURECT Corporation
CUPERTINO, Calif., Feb. 16 /PRNewswire/ -- DURECT Corporation (Nasdaq: DRRX) announced today financial results for the three months and year ended December 31, 2000 and reports strong progress in the companys business operations. The company reiterated its accelerated progress in the Phase II clinical trials for DUROS sufentanil and announced that it expects to complete patient enrollment before the end of second quarter 2001, which is approximately two months ahead of its previous timelines. The company estimates that a number of physicians active in the Phase II trial will also enroll participants in the Phase III trial, with a number of potential patients already identified for treatment. During the first half of 2001, DURECT will begin discussions with a major pharmaceutical company for a U.S. and Canada distribution relationship and has already initiated conversations with potential marketing partners outside of the U.S. DURECT has completed the development of a prototype clinical system ...
HP-VAS 0.5, 5.0, and 0.5-5.0, heat-as-pain visual analog score minimal threshold, intermediate threshold, and differential...
HP-VAS 0.5, 5.0, and 0.5-5.0, heat-as-pain visual analog score minimal threshold, intermediate threshold, and differential threshold expressing pain tolerance, ...
mylan - Trust Pharmacy
20 ml Rx only 6) Morphine Sulfate 9 mg/ml Sufentanil Cit 180 mcg/ml Bupivacaine HLC 33 mg/ml vol. Product Copaxone (glatiramer acetate injection 20 mg/1 mL, 1 mL pre-filled syringe. Tags: prednisone, handbags, website, prezzo, mylan. Prednisone 25 mg mylan prezzo handbags Herbals. ...
Anaesthesiologists and their drugs
Chemical dependency is a disease that can affect all professions. Among the health care professionals, anesthesiologists represent a specific group. Numerous factors have been proposed to explain the high incidence of drug abuse among anesthesiologists. These include: easy access to potent drugs, particularly narcotics, highly addictive potential of agents with which they are in contact, and easy diversion of these agents since only small doses will initially provide an effect desired by the abuser. Opioids are the drugs of choice for anesthesiologists, and among them fentanyl and sufentanil are the most commonly used. Alcohol is mostly abused by older anesthesiologists. Propofol, ketamine, thiopental and midazolam are also abused. In fact, all but quaternary ammonium drugs can be observed. Signs and symptoms of addiction in the hospital workplace include: unusual changes in behavior, desire to work alone, refusal of lunch relief or breaks, volunteer for extra cases, call, come in early and ...
Einfluss der patientenkontrollierten epiduralen Analgesie versus der patientenkontrollierten intravenösen Analgesie auf...
Surgeries accompanied by an extensive tissue trauma are associated with intense postsurgical pain and major perioperative homeostatic disorders. Both hyper-inflammatory and immuneparalytic reactions can be observed, what can negatively effect the postoperative course. To realise an effective and safe analgesia, epidural procedures are used to an increasing degree as an alternative method to the therapy with intravenous opioids. In this prospective, randomized, double-blinded trial we compared the patient-controlled epidural analgesia and the patient-controlled intravenous analgesia with respect to the analgesic efficiency and the influence on the postoperative immune competence. 54 patients received until the morning of the fourth postoperative day either ropivacaine plus sufentanil through an intraoperatively placed epidural catheter (PCEA-group) or intravenous morphine (PCIA-group). Cortisol, populations of leukocytes and lymphocytes, cell-surface molecules of monocytes and the soluble ...
Brazilian Journal of Anesthesiology - Volume 59 / Issue 3
Rev. Bras. Anestesiol., vol.59 n3, 261-272, 2009 Epidural block for cesarean section: a comparative study between 0.5% racemic Bupivacaine (S50-R50) and 0.5% enantiomeric excess Bupivacaine (S75-R25) associated with Sufentanil Angélica de Fátima de Assunção Braga; José Aristeu F. Frias; Franklin Sarmento da Silva Braga; Rosa Inês Costa Pereira; Mayla F Blumer; Marcia F Ferreira Scientific Article ...
If somebody is suspected of having taken an overdose but has no symptoms.
Acetaminophen Poisoning Treatment Treatment in the crisis department depends upon the condition of the individual and any other medications taken. If somebody is suspected of having taken an overdose but has no symptoms, the doctor can start the following treatment: Emptying of the tummy: In the few cases when a person comes to a healthcare facility minutes after taking the overdose, the doctor may attempt to empty the tummy. This can be accomplished by inducing vomiting or by placing a large tube through the person`s mouth and in to the stomach, putting liquid in and pumping it out cheap generic cialis .. Zalviso is usually a drug-device combination product using the opioid agonist sufentanil formulated in a proprietary sublingual tablet formulation and shipped through a pre-programmed, non-invasive proprietary delivery device. AcelRx provides partnered with the Grunenthal Group to commercialize Zalviso in europe and Australia. AcelRx acquired previously announced that in July 2014, Grunenthal ...
This Week in Biotech -- The Motley Fool
Heralding the charge higher was AcelRx Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ACRX) which advanced 18% on the week after disclosing on Tuesday that its post-operative pain management system, Sufentanil NanoTab PCA, met its primary endpoint in late-stage trials and reconfirmed all previous late-stage study results. This data is strong enough for AcelRx to seek approval from the Food and Drug Administration with a new drug application filing expected next quarter. Id be cautious with AcelRx moving forward, as the possibility of an FDA rejection for opioid-based treatments is always a possibility.. Also gaining double digits on the week was the highly embattled Peregrine Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:PPHM) which rallied after the FDA approved its late-stage trial design for its second-line non-small-cell lung cancer immunotherapy, Bavituximab. While trial design approvals are rarely big news, it is in this case because mid-stage results for Bavituximab have been all over the place. At first Bavituximab demonstrated a ...
I dont use #Fentanyl to get high. It l - narcoticablog
I dont use #Fentanyl to get high. It lets me lets me live without #ChronicPain via The Globe and Mail http://htl.li/XTH030bEay2
Intraoperative and postoperative anaesthetic and analgesic effect of multipoint transcutaneous electrical acupuncture...
Methods In a blinded clinical trial, 92 patients scheduled for supratentorial craniotomy under general anaesthesia were randomly allocated into either a multipoint TEAS (n=46) or a sham TEAS group (n=46). All patients received total intravenous anaesthesia (TIVA) with propofol and sufentanil. The target concentration of sufentanil was adjusted and recorded according to mean arterial pressure (MAP), heart rate (HR) and bispectral index (BIS). Patients in the TEAS group received TEAS 30 min before anaesthesia induction and this was maintained throughout the operation at four pairs of acupuncture points. Postoperative pain, recovery and side effects were evaluated. ...
Indian Journal of Anaesthesia (IJA)
Advances in the field of labour analgesia have tread a long journey from the days of ether and chloroform in 1847 to the present day practice of comprehensive programme of labour pain management using evidence-based medicine. Newer advances include introduction of newer techniques like combined spinal epidurals, low-dose epidurals facilitating ambulation, pharmacological advances like introduction of remifentanil for patient-controlled intravenous analgesia, introduction of newer local anaesthetics and adjuvants like ropivacaine, levobupivacaine, sufentanil, clonidine and neostigmine, use of inhalational agents like sevoflourane for patient-controlled inhalational analgesia using special vaporizers, all have revolutionized the practice of pain management in labouring parturients. Technological advances like use of ultrasound to localize epidural space in difficult cases minimizes failed epidurals and introduction of novel drug delivery modalities like patient-controlled epidural analgesia (PCEA) ...
R-30490 - Wikipedia
R-30490 (also known as 4-Methoxymethylfentanyl) is an opioid analgesic related to the highly potent animal tranquilizer carfentanil, and with only slightly lower potency. It was first synthesised by a team of chemists at Janssen Pharmaceutica led by Paul Janssen, who were investigating the structure-activity relationships of the fentanyl family of drugs. R-30490 was found to be the most selective agonist for the μ-opioid receptor out of all the fentanyl analogues tested, but it has never been introduced for medical use in humans, although the closely related drug sufentanil is widely used for analgesia and anesthesia during major surgery. Side effects of fentanyl analogs are similar to those of fentanyl itself, which include itching, nausea and potentially serious respiratory depression, which can be life-threatening. Fentanyl analogs have killed hundreds of people throughout Europe and the former Soviet republics since the most recent resurgence in use began in Estonia in the early 2000s, and ...
Response to Letters Regarding Article, Perioperative Dexmedetomidine Improves Outcomes of Cardiac Surgery | Circulation
We thank Hyder and colleagues for their careful, insightful reviews and thoughtful comments on our study that demonstrated that perioperative dexmedetomidine use is associated with better outcomes after cardiac surgery.1 We reported on the impact of a dexmedetomidine infusion started in the operating room after patients were separated from cardiopulmonary bypass. Because this was a retrospective, single-center study, all of the patients in both groups were managed in a similar fashion throughout the perioperative period. Intraoperative anesthesia management was consistent among our cardiac anesthesiologists, with an institutional standard of a moderate dose of narcotic (fentanyl or sufentanil) supplemented by a volatile anesthetic agent. Similarly, postoperative sedation in the intensive care unit was at the discretion of the intensive care unit care team, but the institutional protocol is infusions of fentanyl or midazolam supplemented by propofol when necessary for patient comfort. This ...
Electrophysiological recording. In a first set of animals, quantitative electrophysiological recording terminal experiments were performed on seven adult macaque monkeys (Macaca fascicularis or M. mulatta). All procedures conformed to British Home Office and United States National Institute of Health guidelines. Animals were premedicated with atropine sulfate (0.02-0.04 mg/kg) and acepromazine maleate (0.05 mg/kg) and preanesthetized with ketamine (10-30 mg/kg, i.m.). The trachea and saphenous veins were cannulated; the animal was artificially ventilated with room air or with a 50:50 mixture of O2 and N2O; and anesthesia was maintained by continuous intravenous infusion of sufentanil citrate (4-8 μg · kg−1 · hr−1). The animals head was fixed to a stereotaxic apparatus; a small craniotomy and durotomy were made over the occipital cortex; and a tungsten-in-glass microelectrode (Merril and Ainsworth, 1972) was positioned over the exposed cortex, which was then covered with warm agar. To ...
PCEA labor analgesia
OpenAnesthesia™ content is intended for educational purposes only and not intended as medical advice.. Reuse of OpenAnesthesia™ content for commercial purposes of any kind is prohibited. ...
Fentanyl 3x 67mcg | Alpha Med Shop®
Buy Fentanyl 3x 67mcg online Product: Fentanyl 3x 67mcg Each order unit contains: Fentanyl 3x 67mcg Active substance: Fentanyl Manufacturer / Brand: Hexal AG Buy Fentanyl 3x 67mcg Hexal AG
What Kind of Drug is Fentanyl | What Is Fentanyl | Expomed
Uncover what kind of drug Fentanyl is. We cover the legal and illegal uses, chemistry, and side effects of Fentanyl. Learn more about the dangers of Fentanyl.
Pengaruh Pemberian Petidin Dan Fentanyl Sebagai Premedikasi Anestesi Terhadap Perubahan Tekanan Darah Di RSUD Prof. Dr. Margono...
Pengaruh Pemberian Petidin Dan Fentanyl Sebagai Premedikasi Anestesi Terhadap Perubahan Tekanan Darah Di RSUD Prof. Dr. Margono Soekarjo
SPECTRUM TCI 113583-35-0 - 49D081|D3101-5G - Grainger
Looking for SPECTRUM TCI 113583-35-0 (49D081)? Graingers got your back. Price:$174.00. Easy ordering & convenient delivery. Log-in or register for your pricing.
Sufentanil. Comes in free and citrate salt forms; soluble in water, ethanol and methanol; degrades upon contact with light and ...
Misuse of Drugs Act (Singapore)
... sufentanil, carfentanil, etc.) Ketamine MDMA (Ecstasy) Mescaline Methamphetamine Methaqualone Morphine and Heroin Nimetazepam ...
West JM, Estrada S, Heerdt M (July 1987). "Sudden hypotension associated with midazolam and sufentanil". Anesthesia and ...
Jaffe, A., Sharpe, L., & Jaffe, J. (1989). Rats self-administer sufentanil in aerosol form. Pharmacology, 289-293. Pilla M.; ...
Sufentanil is also sometimes used as a premedication. Clonidine is becoming increasingly popular as a premedication for ...
Methods for the synthesis of alfentanil, sufentanil, and remifentanil. US Patent 7,208,604 "From DEA website, accessed 23 Jan ...
Philbin, DM; Rosow, CE; Schneider, RC; Koski, G; D'ambra, MN (1990). ": Fentanyl and sufentanil anesthesia revisited: how much ... Alfentanil Fentanyl Remifentanil Sufentanil, which is not available in Australia. The following agents have longer onset and ...
Sufentanil Thiafentanil Valter K, Arrizabalaga P. Designer Drugs Directory (1998), p150. ISBN 0-444-20525-X Henderson GL (1988 ...
History of general anesthesia
Niemegeers, CJ; Schellekens, KH; Van Bever, WF; Janssen, PA (1976). "Sufentanil, a very potent and extremely safe intravenous ... Fentanyl was followed by sufentanil (1974), alfentanil (1976), carfentanil (1976), and lofentanil (1980). Janssen and his team ...
List of fentanyl analogues
Several jurisdictions have implemented analogue law controls of fentanyl analogues in an attempt to pre-emptively ban novel derivatives before they appear on the market. One representative example is the New Zealand provisions enacted in 1988 in response to the first wave of fentanyl derivatives. This bans a set of structures as follows; "Fentanyl analogues, in which the N-[1-(2-phenethyl)-4-piperidyl]aniline nucleus has additional radicals, either alone or in combination, attached as follows: (a) an acetyl, propionyl, butenoyl or butanoyl radical, attached to the aniline nitrogen atom: (b) 1 or more alkyl radicals, with up to 10 carbon atoms in total, attached to the ethyl moiety: (c) any combination of up to 5 alkyl radicals and/or alkoxy radicals (each with up to 6 carbon atoms, including cyclic radicals) and/or halogen radicals, attached to each of the benzene rings.". A more recent and somewhat broader example was introduced into US Federal legislation in 2018, covering the following ...
ATC 코드 N01 - 위키백과, 우리 모두의 백과사전
N01AH03 Sufentanil. N01AH04 Phenoperidine. N01AH05 Anileridine. N01AH06 Remifentanil. N01AH51 Fentanyl, combinations. N01AX 기타 ...
Loftus JR, Hill H, Cohen SE (August 1995). "Placental transfer and neonatal effects of epidural sufentanil and fentanyl ...
Sufentanil is another opiate, 5 to 10 times more potent than Fentanyl. Bupivacaine is markedly toxic if inadvertently given ... Common opioids include hydromorphone, morphine, fentanyl, sufentanil, and pethidine (known as meperidine in the United States ... Epidural analgesia typically involves using the opiates fentanyl or sufentanil, with bupivacaine or one of its congeners. ... Epidural infusion pump with opioid (sufentanil) and anesthetic (bupivacaine) in a locked box ...
Niemegeers CJ, Schellekens JH, van Bever WF, Janssen PA (1976). "Sufentanil, a very potent and extremely safe intravenous ...
Meperidine is a fully synthetic opioid, and other members of the phenylpiperidine family like alfentanil and sufentanil are ... Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid in the phenylpiperidine family, which includes sufentanil, alfentanil, remifentanil, and ...
4-Phenylfentanyl Lofentanil (3-methylcarfentanyl) N-Methylcarfentanil Sufentanil Thiafentanil Opioid comparison R-30490 (4- ...
Meert TF, Lu HR, van Craenndonck H, Janssen PA (September 1988). "Comparison between epidural fentanyl, sufentanil, carfentanil ... and short-acting derivatives such as sufentanil or remifentanil being preferred for medical use in human surgical procedures. ...
... and less bradycardia than sufentanil in the dog". Anesthesia and Analgesia. 90 (6): 1359-64. doi:10.1097/00000539-200006000- ...
Sufentanil, which is not available in Australia.. The following agents have longer onset and duration of action and are ... Philbin, DM; Rosow, CE; Schneider, RC; Koski, G; D'ambra, MN (1990). ": Fentanyl and sufentanil anesthesia revisited: how much ...
This is seen in examples such as the NSAID lornoxicam, the thiophene analog of piroxicam, and sufentanil, the thiophene analog ...
... remifentanil TCI vs sufentanil TCI in morbid obesity. Br J Anaesth. 2007;99(3):404-411. Michelsen LG, Hug CC Jr. The ...
Sufentanil List of fentanyl analogues Bao-Shan Huang, Ross C. Terrell, Kirsten H. Deutsche, Linas V. Kudzma, Nhora L. Lalinde ( ...
... sufentanil, pizotyline etc.). One synthesis began by making the monobenzyl ester of 3-Thienylmalonic acid, converting this to ...
Other commonly used premedication agents include opioids such as fentanyl or sufentanil, gastrokinetic agents such as ...
Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs
... beta-hydroxy-3-methylfentanyl fentanyl 3-methylfentanyl 3-methylthiofentanyl para-fluorofentanyl remifentanil sufentanil ...
... propiram psilocine psilocybine racemethorphan racemoramide racemorphan remifentanil rolicyclidine secobarbital sufentanil ...
List of opioids
N-Methylcarfentanil Mirfentanil Ocfentanil Ohmefentanyl Parafluorofentanyl Phenaridine R-30490 Remifentanil Sufentanil ...
Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
Sufentanil (N-[4-(methoxymethyl)-1-[2-(2-thienyl)ethyl]-4-piperidyl] propionanilide) Thiofentanyl (N-[1-[2-(2-thienyl)ethyl]-4- ...
Oxycodone Hydrocodone Methadone Propoxyphene Meperidine Fentanyl Codeine Carfentanil Remifentanil Alfentanil Sufentanil Opium ...
Sufentanil - Wikipedia
"Sufentanil". Drug Information Portal. U.S. National Library of Medicine. "Sufentanil citrate". Drug Information Portal. U.S. ... Sufentanil first was synthesized at Janssen Pharmaceutica in 1974. Sufentanil is marketed for use by specialist centers[ ... Sufentanil, sold under the brand names Dsuvia and Sufenta, is a synthetic opioid analgesic drug approximately 5 to 10 times as ... Sufentanil with and without lidocaine or mepivacaine is available as a transdermal patch similar to Duragesic in Europe under ...
Sufentanil Chiesi - Drugs.com
A list of US medications equivalent to Sufentanil Chiesi is available on the Drugs.com website. ... Sufentanil Chiesi is a medicine available in a number of countries worldwide. ... Ingredient matches for Sufentanil Chiesi. Sufentanil. Sufentanil is reported as an ingredient of Sufentanil Chiesi in the ... Sufentanil citrate (a derivative of Sufentanil) is reported as an ingredient of Sufentanil Chiesi in the following countries:. ...
Sufentanil - Wikipedia
Sufentanil first was synthesized at Janssen Pharmaceutica in 1974. Sufentanil is marketed for use by specialist centers[ ... Sufentanil, sold under the brand names Dsuvia and Sufenta, is a synthetic opioid analgesic drug approximately 5 to 10 times ... Sufentanil has been associated with extremely rare instances of life-threatening anaphylaxis. ... Sufentanil with and without lidocaine or mepivacaine is available as a transdermal patch similar to Duragesic in Europe under ...
Sufentanil Drug Interactions - Drugs.com
772 medications are known to interact with sufentanil. Includes Acetylsalicylic Acid (aspirin), alfentanil, Baricon (barium ... Show all medications in the database that may interact with sufentanil.. Check for interactions with sufentanil. Type in a drug ... There is 1 alcohol/food interaction with sufentanil. sufentanil disease Interactions. There are 12 disease interactions with ... A total of 772 drugs (4265 brand and generic names) are known to interact with sufentanil. ...
Sufentanil (Sufenta) | Davis's Drug Guide
Find information on Sufentanil (Sufenta) in Daviss Drug Guide including dosage, side effects, interactions, nursing ... SUFentanil is a topic covered in the Daviss Drug Guide. To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription. ... "SUFentanil." Daviss Drug Guide, 16th ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2019. Washington Manual, www.unboundmedicine.com/ ... washingtonmanual/view/Davis-Drug-Guide/51817/11.0/SUFentanil. Quiring C, Sanoski CA, Vallerand AH. SUFentanil. Daviss Drug ...
Search of: 'Melanoma' | 'Sufentanil' - Modify Search - ClinicalTrials.gov
DailyMed - SUFENTANIL CITRATE- sufentanil citrate injection, solution
Sufentanil Citrate Injection, USP is a sterile, nonpyrogenic solution of sufentanil citrate in water for injection. Sufentanil ... SUFENTANIL CITRATE (UNII: S9ZFX8403R) (SUFENTANIL - UNII:AFE2YW0IIZ). SUFENTANIL. 50 ug in 1 mL. ... Sufentanil Citrate Injection contains sufentanil, a Schedule II controlled substance. As an opioid, Sufentanil Citrate ... Sufentanil Citrate Injection, USP equivalent to 50 mcg/mL sufentanil is supplied in the following single-use containers:. Unit ...
Drug Shortage Detail: Sufentanil Injection
Hikma stopped marketing sufentanil injection in October 2018.. *Pfizer had sufentanil injection on shortage due to ... Sufentanil Injection. Reason for the Shortage. * *Akorn had Sufenta injection on shortage due to increased demand for the ... Sufentanil solution for injection, Pfizer, 50 mcg/mL, 1 mL vial, 10 count, NDC 00409-3382-21 ... Sufentanil solution for injection, Pfizer, 50 mcg/mL, 2 mL vial, 10 count, NDC 00409-3382-22 ...
Dsuvia (Sufentanil Sublingual Tablet): Side Effects, Interactions, Warning, Dosage & Uses
Sufentanil Sublingual Tablet) may treat, uses, dosage, side effects, drug interactions, warnings, patient labeling, reviews, ... Sufentanil citrate has a molecular weight of 578.4 (molecular weight of free sufentanil base is 386.55), its empirical formula ... The concomitant use of DSUVIA with all cytochrome P450 3A4 inhibitors may result in an increase in sufentanil plasma ... In addition, discontinuation of a concomitantly used cytochrome P450 3A4 inducer may result in an increase in sufentanil plasma ...
Intranasal sufentanil/ketamine analgesia in children
Sufentanil/ketamine nasal spray provided rapid onset of analgesia for a variety of painful procedures with few adverse effects ... Intranasal sufentanil/ketamine analgesia in children Paediatr Anaesth. 2014 Feb;24(2):170-80. doi: 10.1111/pan.12268. Epub 2013 ... Conclusion: Sufentanil/ketamine nasal spray provided rapid onset of analgesia for a variety of painful procedures with few ... Sufentanil/ketamine nasal spray was effective (procedural pain intensity scores ≤5 (0-10)) in 78% of the painful procedures. ...
Epidural Levobupivacaine-sufentanil Versus Epidural Levobupivacaine and Intravenous Ketamine - No Study Results Posted -...
Neoplasms, Pancreatic Completed Phase Trials for Sufentanil (DB00708) - DrugBank
Remifentanil versus Sufentanil em infusão contínua em intervenções cirúrgicas videolaparoscópicas: estudo comparativo
Já o sufentanil em IC para cirurgias de curta/média duração tem sido pouco utilizado. O objetivo desse estudo foi comparar duas ... A IC de sufentanil promoveu melhor controle da dor no pós-operatório com menor consumo de analgésico de resgate; ... A IC de remifentanil era desligada ao fim da cirurgia, enquanto a IC de sufentanil, 20 minutos antes. Os pacientes receberam no ... Keywords : ANESTÉSICOS, Venoso [remifentanil]; ANESTÉSICOS, Venoso [sufentanil]; CIRURGIA, abdominal, videolaparoscópica. · ...
Possible involvement of multiple cytochrome P450S in fentanyl and sufentanil metabolism as opposed to alfentanil
... which was not observed for fentanyl or sufentanil. Differences in pharmacokinetic parameters of alfentanil have previously … ... sufentanil, and alfentanil are commonly used as opioid analgesics. Alfentanil clearance has previously been shown to exhibit an ... Fentanyl, sufentanil, and alfentanil are commonly used as opioid analgesics. Alfentanil clearance has previously been shown to ... Possible involvement of multiple cytochrome P450S in fentanyl and sufentanil metabolism as opposed to alfentanil Biochem ...
Leki refundowane - Cena i zamienniki leku Sufentanil Citrate
AcelRx Announces Successful Completion Of End-of-Phase 2 Meeting On ARX-01, Sufentanil NanoTab PCA System For Post-Operative...
About ARX-01 Sufentanil NanoTab PCA System. Acute pain management in the hospital, in particular post-operative analgesia, ... The ARX-01 Sufentanil NanoTab PCA System avoids many of the limitations of IV PCA by providing a non-invasive, pre-programmed, ... The ARX-01 Sufentanil NanoTab PCA System is a novel drug/device combination product candidate designed for use in hospital ... Sufentanil is a high therapeutic index opioid approved for intravenous and epidural administration. Although the analgesic ...
Einseitige Spinalanästhesie mit 4,0 mg Bupivacain 0,5 % hyperbar und 1,0 mg Sufentanil : eine prospektive, konsekutive...
0 mg Sufentanil : eine prospektive, konsekutive klinische Studie. [Slawomir Gucwa;] ... 0 my-g Sufentanil.. schema:name "Einseitige Spinalanästhesie mit 4,0 mg Bupivacain 0,5 % hyperbar und 1,0 my-g Sufentanil."@de ... Add tags for "Einseitige Spinalanästhesie mit 4,0 mg Bupivacain 0,5 % hyperbar und 1,0 mg Sufentanil : eine prospektive, ... schema:name "Einseitige Spinalanästhesie mit 4,0 mg Bupivacain 0,5 % hyperbar und 1,0 mg Sufentanil eine prospektive, ...
Global and Chinese Sufentanil Industry (CAS 56030-54-7) 2019 Analysis of Key Manufacturer and Forecasts: RnR Market Research
8.3 Effects to Sufentanil Industry. Chapter Nine Market Dynamics of Sufentanil Industry. 9.1 Sufentanil Industry News. 9.2 ... 1.2 Development of Sufentanil Industry. 1.3 Status of Sufentanil Industry. Chapter Two Manufacturing Technology of Sufentanil. ... 6.2 2014-2019 Sufentanil Industry Cost and Profit Estimation. 6.3 2014-2019 Global and Chinese Market Share of Sufentanil. 6.4 ... 2.2 Analysis of Sufentanil Manufacturing Technology. 2.3 Trends of Sufentanil Manufacturing Technology. Chapter Three Analysis ...
Sufentanil Sublingual Tablet Well-Tolerated, According to Pooled Safety Data - MPR
AcelRx announced new data from a pooled analysis of clinical studies assessing the safety of sufentanil sublingual tablet ( ... Sufentanil Sublingual Tablet Well-Tolerated, According to Pooled Safety Data Da Hee Han, PharmD ... Sublingual Sufentanil Demonstrates Efficacy for Acute Pain in ER Patients. *FDA Approves Two New Strengths of Apadaz for Pain ... AcelRx announced results from a pooled analysis of clinical studies assessing the safety of sufentanil sublingual tablet ( ...
Phase 2b study of Transdur-sufentanil patch for chronic pain - MPR
... announced positive results from a 74 patient Phase 2b clinical trial conducted by Endo Pharmaceuticals of Transdur-sufentanil, ... Phase 2b study of Transdur-sufentanil patch for chronic pain * Share on Facebook ... After achieving an endpoint of adequate, stable pain control and an acceptable safety profile on Transdur-sufentanil, patients ... Close more info about Phase 2b study of Transdur-sufentanil patch for chronic pain ...
Sufentanil Citrate | Certified Solutions Standards | Certified Reference Materials
A373 SUFENTANIL REDUCES ALL COMPONENTS OF HEART RATE VARIABILITY | Anesthesiology | ASA Publications
A373 SUFENTANIL REDUCES ALL COMPONENTS OF HEART RATE VARIABILITY T W Latson, MD; D C Martin, MD; C H Hhitten, MD; K H Klein, MD ... A373 SUFENTANIL REDUCES ALL COMPONENTS OF HEART RATE VARIABILITY You will receive an email whenever this article is corrected, ... T W Latson, D C Martin, C H Hhitten, K H Klein, J Elmore; A373 SUFENTANIL REDUCES ALL COMPONENTS OF HEART RATE VARIABILITY. ... A373 SUFENTANIL REDUCES ALL COMPONENTS OF HEART RATE VARIABILITY. Anesthesiology 9 1990, Vol.73, NA. doi:https://doi.org/ ...
SUFENTANIL PHARMACOKINETICS IN PATIENTS WITH CIRRHOSIS | Anesthesiology | ASA Publications
SUFENTANIL PHARMACOKINETICS IN PATIENTS WITH CIRRHOSIS M. Chauvin, M.D.; C. Ferrier, M.D.; J. P. Haberer, M.D.; C. Spielvogel, ... SUFENTANIL PHARMACOKINETICS IN PATIENTS WITH CIRRHOSIS You will receive an email whenever this article is corrected, updated, ... SUFENTANIL PHARMACOKINETICS IN PATIENTS WITH CIRRHOSIS. Anesthesiology 9 1988, Vol.69, A458. doi: ... M. Chauvin, C. Ferrier, J. P. Haberer, C. Spielvogel, J. C. Levron, P. Duvaldestin; SUFENTANIL PHARMACOKINETICS IN PATIENTS ...
Global Sufentanil (API) Market Professional Survey Report 2017 : ReportsnReports
This report studies Sufentanil (API) in Global market, especially in... ... 100 Pages Report] Check for Discount on Global Sufentanil (API) Market Professional Survey Report 2017 report by QYResearch ... 5.2 China Sufentanil (API) Market Analysis. 5.2.1 China Sufentanil (API) Market Overview. 5.2.2 China 2012-2017E Sufentanil ( ... 5.5 Japan Sufentanil (API) Market Analysis. 5.5.1 Japan Sufentanil (API) Market Overview. 5.5.2 Japan 2012-2017E Sufentanil ( ...
Sufentanil - Side Effects, Uses, Dosage, Overdose, Pregnancy, Alcohol | RxWiki
Get up-to-date information on Sufentanil side effects, uses, dosage, overdose, pregnancy, alcohol and more. Learn more about ... NALTREXONE/SUFENTANIL*PHENELZINE/SUFENTANIL*RASAGILINE/SUFENTANIL*SELEGILINE/SUFENTANIL*SODIUM OXYBATE/SUFENTANIL*SUFENTANIL/ ... How was your experience with Sufentanil?. First, a little about yourself. Male Female ... SUFentanil falls into category C:. In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with ...
Sufenta (sufentanil) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more
... sufentanil), frequency-based adverse effects, comprehensive interactions, contraindications, pregnancy & lactation schedules, ... encoded search term (sufentanil (Sufenta)) and sufentanil (Sufenta) What to Read Next on Medscape ... unintentional intrathecal injection of sufentanil/bupivacaine epidural doses and volume could produce effects of high spinal ... unintentional intravascular injection of sufentanil could result in a potentially serious overdose, including acute truncal ...
Sufentanil citrate | definition of sufentanil citrate by Medical dictionary
What is sufentanil citrate? Meaning of sufentanil citrate medical term. What does sufentanil citrate mean? ... Looking for online definition of sufentanil citrate in the Medical Dictionary? sufentanil citrate explanation free. ... sufentanil citrate. Also found in: Dictionary. sufentanil citrate. [sufen′tənil] an analgesic and anesthetic. indications It is ... contraindications Hypersensitivity to sufentanil prohibits its use. It should be used with caution in people with respiratory ...
AcelRx Announces Primary Endpoint Met in Phase 3 Non-Inferiority Study of Sublingual Sufentanil NanoTab PCA System vs. IV PCA...
AcelRx Announces Primary Endpoint Met in Phase 3 Non-Inferiority Study of Sublingual Sufentanil NanoTab PCA System vs. IV PCA ... About ARX-01, the Sufentanil NanoTab PCA System. ARX-01 is an investigational pre-programmed, non-invasive, handheld system ... A high therapeutic index opioid: ARX-01 uses the high therapeutic index opioid sufentanil; it offers post-operative pain ... It was impressive to observe the ease of set-up and use of the Sufentanil NanoTab PCA System by both nurses and patients ...
These highlights do not include all the information needed to use SUFENTANIL CITRATE INJECTION, safely and effectively. See...
Sufentanil Citrate Injection, USP is a sterile, nonpyrogenic solution of sufentanil citrate in water for injection. Sufentanil ... Sufentanil Citrate Injection contains sufentanil, a Schedule II controlled substance. As an opioid, Sufentanil Citrate ... SUFENTANIL CITRATE (UNII: S9ZFX8403R) (SUFENTANIL - UNII:AFE2YW0IIZ) SUFENTANIL. 50 ug in 1 mL. ... Sufentanil Citrate Injection, USP equivalent to 50 mcg/mL sufentanil is supplied in the following single-use containers:. Unit ...
SufentaDsuviaPatient-controlleAlfentanilPropofolAnalgesicsAnesthesiaCitrate InjectionInjectionAnalgesiaOpioidsDavis's Drug GuideEffects of sufentanilAdministration of sufentanilMorphineSafety of sufentanil sublingualDoseTabletAnalgesic effectIntranasalNanoTab PCA SystemSpinal2018KetaminePharmacokineticsPatients receivingEfficacy of sufentanilMidazolam and sufentanilFormulation of sufentanilCombination with sufentanilDosageIntravenous and epiduralSublingual tabletsIntrathecallyConcentrationsDrugsDosesTransdermal patchPotentCarfentanilMethoxymethylInfusionDexmedetomidineConsumptionMetabolismClinicalCONTRAINDICATIONS2019IntravenouslyConclusionsOpioid analgesicJanssen Pharmaceutica
- Sufentanil , sold under the brand names Dsuvia and Sufenta , is a synthetic opioid analgesic drug approximately 5 to 10 times more potent than its parent drug , fentanyl , and 500 times as potent as morphine . (rug.nl)
- Sufentanil is marketed for use by specialist centers [ clarification needed ] under different trade names, such as Sufenta and Sufentil. (rug.nl)
- This certified solution standard is applicable to use in clinical toxicology, pain prescription monitoring, or forensic analysis by LC-MS/MS or GC/MS. Sufentanil is sold under the trade name Sufenta. (cerilliant.com)
- Sufentanil is marketed for use by specialist centres under different trade names, such as Sufenta and Sufentil (India, by Claris Lifesciences Ltd.). Sufentanil was discovered at Janssen Pharmaceutica. (wikia.org)
- The concomitant use of DSUVIA with all cytochrome P450 3A4 inhibitors may result in an increase in sufentanil plasma concentrations, which could increase or prolong adverse drug reactions and may cause potentially fatal respiratory depression. (rxlist.com)
- DSUVIA contains one 30 mcg sufentanil tablet housed in a disposable single-dose applicator (SDA). (rxlist.com)
- AcelRx announced results from a pooled analysis of clinical studies assessing the safety of sufentanil sublingual tablet ( Dsuvia ) for the short-term management of moderate-to-severe acute pain in medically supervised settings. (empr.com)
- The sufentanil sublingual tablet 30 mcg , administered by a healthcare professional from a pre-filled, single-dose applicator (DSUVIA, from AcelRx Pharmaceuticals, Inc), utilizes the sublingual route of delivery, enabling rapid analgesia (decrease in pain intensity within 15 minutes) while avoiding the time, discomfort and cost of setting up an IV line. (mdmag.com)
- The approved prescribing information for DSUVIA states that sufentanil clearance is not impacted by mild-to-moderate renal impairment. (mdmag.com)
- The Food and Drug Administration on Nov. 2 approved sufentanil (Dsuvia) for managing acute pain in adult patients in certified, medically supervised health care settings. (mdedge.com)
- Dsuvia, recently approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, is a sufentanil pill that is placed under the patient's tongue with the applicator shown above. (cbc.ca)
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has drawn fire since it gave the go-ahead to Dsuvia - a pill containing sufentanil that is placed under a patient's tongue - as an alternative to administering the powerful narcotic intravenously during or after surgery. (cbc.ca)
- The ARX-01 Sufentanil NanoTab PCA System is a novel drug/device combination product candidate designed for use in hospital settings to provide non-invasive patient-controlled analgesia and maximize patient satisfaction with post-operative pain management. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Dose determination of sufentanil for intravenous patient-controlled analgesia with background infusion in abdominal surgeries: A random study. (bioportfolio.com)
- The present study evaluated the effect of dexmedetomidine (DEX) added to sufentanil in intravenous patient-controlled analgesia (PCA) on the relief of pain and inflammatory responses during postoperative recovery of patients undergoing a combined thoracoscopic-laparoscopic esophagectomy (TLE). (portlandpress.com)
- The authors studied the efficacy of sufentanil patient-controlled epidural analgesia (PCEA) for postoperative analgesia after cesarean delivery and compared these results to a morphine intravenous-patient-controlled-analgesia (IV-PCA) regimen. (elsevier.com)
- A handheld, non-invasive patient-controlled analgesia product currently under US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) review for management of moderate-to-severe acute pain - the sufentanil sublingual tablet system - allows patients to self-administer sufentanil 15 mcg tablets with a 20-minute lockout period and may be well-suited for obese patients given their ability to self-titrate based on body weight and need. (anesthesiaexperts.com)
- Fentanyl, sufentanil, and alfentanil are commonly used as opioid analgesics. (nih.gov)
- Alfentanil clearance has previously been shown to exhibit an important interindividual variability, which was not observed for fentanyl or sufentanil. (nih.gov)
- Microsomes prepared from different human liver samples were compared for their abilities to metabolize fentanyl, sufentanil and alfentanil, and it was found that disappearance of the three substrates was well correlated with immunoreactive CYP3A4 contents but not with other CYPs, including CYP1A2, CYP2A6, CYP2C8, CYP2C9, CYP2D6 and CYP2E1. (nih.gov)
- Uptake of sufentanil, alfentanil and morphine in the lungs of patients about to undergo coronary artery surgery. (semanticscholar.org)
- We have studied the pulmonary extraction and retention of sufentanil, alfentanil and morphine using a double indicator technique in 30 patients undergoing elective aortocoronary bypass surgery. (semanticscholar.org)
- Patients were allocated to three groups (10 each) to receive sufentanil 43 micrograms, alfentanil 672 micrograms or morphine 1887 micrograms, mixed with indocyanine green as indicator. (semanticscholar.org)
- The bispectral index (BIS) and a sedation score were used to determine and compare the effect of propofol in the presence of fentanyl, alfentanil, remifentanil and sufentanil. (elsevier.com)
- Seventy-five non-premedicated patients were assigned randomly into five groups (15 in each) to receive fentanyl, alfentanil, remifentanil, sufentanil or placebo. (elsevier.com)
- Samples were stored at -80 C and drug concentration for sufentanil, propofol, midazolam and cefazolin were measured using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS). Drug concentrations measured in the reservoir and the auto-transfused blood were compared and the relative reduction was calculated for each patient. (eur.nl)
- For sufentanil 34% (median, IQR 27-50) of drug concentration was retained from the reservoir in the auto-transfused blood, for midazolam 6% (median, IQR 4-10), for cefazolin 5% (median, IQR 2-6) and for propofol 0% (median, IQR 0-0) respectively. (eur.nl)
- In a prospective study midlatency somatosensory evoked potentials (SEP) were investigated in relation to explicit memory function during recovery from propofol/sufentanil anaesthesia. (biomedcentral.com)
- Anaesthesia was induced with 0.5 μg/kg sufentanil, 2 mg/kg propofol and 0.1 mg/kg vecuronium. (biomedcentral.com)
- All patients received total intravenous anaesthesia (TIVA) with propofol and sufentanil. (bmj.com)
- In our study, we aimed to assess whether the addition of propofol, midazolam, or halo-peridol infusion decreased or not the sufentanil requirements using the bispectral index (BIS). (biomedcentral.com)
- Immediately after, Group S received 0.25 mg/kg sufentanil infusion, Group SP received sufentanil infusion + propofol 25 mg/kg/min infusion, Group SM received sufentanil infusion + midazolam 0.04 mg/kg/hour infusion, and Group SH received sufentanil infusion + haloperidol 3 mg/kg/hour infusion for 6 hours. (biomedcentral.com)
- We aimed to determine the effect of propofol, midazolam, or haloperidol infusion when added to sufentanil infusion in a short period of time, and found that propofol, midazolam, or haloperidol infusion decreased sufentanil requirements in ICU patients. (biomedcentral.com)
- Propofol and sufentanil were administered to the sedative group, not allowed for the routine group. (biomedcentral.com)
- Propofol and sufentanil may independently affect the sleep quality of patients after sedative of diagnostic UGE for only one week. (biomedcentral.com)
- Sufentanil plus methyl prednisolone reduced pain and use of supplementary analgesics effectively. (sid.ir)
- Sufentanil is used for anesthesia during surgical procedures. (rxwiki.com)
- Patients were allocated to 3 groups receiving IV sufentanil, intraarticular sufen- tanil 10µg, or sufentanil 10µg plus methylpredni- solone 40mg at the end of arthroscopy during general anesthesia. (sid.ir)
- Fifty patients were randomized into two groups to receive sufentanil PCEA or morphine IV-PCA after cesarean delivery under epidural anesthesia. (elsevier.com)
- Sufentanil was administered intravenously to maintain anesthesia. (bioscirep.org)
- Silverman, David G. / Intradermal sufentanil does not improve lidocaine-induced local anesthesia . (elsevier.com)
- Sufentanil is indicated for use in invasive surgical procedures as a pain relieving agent alongside general anesthesia. (therecoveryvillage.com)
- We aimed to evaluate the additive effects of dexmedetomidine on spinal anesthesia with sufentanil in patients undergoing lower abdominal or lower limb surgery. (ac.ir)
- Conclusion: The sufentanil and dexmedetomidine combination in spinal anesthesia caused the earlier onset and later regression of sensory and motor blocks, longer postoperative analgesia, and lower analgesic use without significant side effects or hemodynamic changes, which appears to be due to the combined effects of sufentanil and dexmedetomidine. (ac.ir)
- Grass, JA & Sakima, NT 1994, ' A dose-response comparison of epidural fentanyl and sufentanil after cesarean section ', Regional Anesthesia , vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 57. (elsevier.com)
- Sufentanil__mcg/Ml, D/T/I Label for Anesthesia department. (medipress.com.au)
- The aim of the present study is to evaluate the efficacy of sufentanil as a preoperative medication for the reduction of anxiety in pediatric patients in addition to its effects on the children's behaviour during the induction of anesthesia. (unesp.br)
- Conclusions - Intranasal sufentanil in the doses used in this study did not prove to be efficient in the reduction of the anxiety level nor did it improve the quality of the induction of anesthesia when the period between the drug administration and separation from the parents was only ten minutes. (unesp.br)
- Observation period was divided into twodistinct phases: the first one comprised the interval between intrathecal injection of sufentanil and general anesthesia induction, and the second one unrolled from anesthesia induction until six minutes after orotracheal intubation. (usp.br)
- Sufentanil Citrate Injection exposes users to risks of addiction, abuse, and misuse, which can lead to overdose and death. (nih.gov)
- These highlights do not include all the information needed to use SUFENTANIL CITRATE INJECTION, safely and effectively. (nih.gov)
- See full prescribing information for SUFENTANIL CITRATE INJECTION. (nih.gov)
- Sufentanil Citrate Injection, USP should be administered only by persons specifically trained in the use of intravenous anesthetics and management of the respiratory effects of potent opioids. (nih.gov)
- Discontinue Sufentanil Citrate Injection if serotonin syndrome is suspected. (nih.gov)
- Avoid use with Sufentanil Citrate Injection because they may reduce analgesic effect of Sufentanil Citrate Injection or precipitate withdrawal symptoms. (nih.gov)
- Infants exposed to Sufentanil Citrate Injection through breast milk should be monitored for excess sedation and respiratory depression. (nih.gov)
- Initiate epidural injection for labor and delivery at 10 to 15 mcg of sufentanil administered with 10 mL bupivacaine 0.125% with or without epinephrine. (nih.gov)
- Hikma stopped marketing sufentanil injection in October 2018. (ashp.org)
- Pfizer had sufentanil injection on shortage due to manufacturing delays. (ashp.org)
- BACKGROUND: Intrathecal injection of sufentanil offers labour pain relief of short duration. (afar.info)
- Sufentanil/ketamine nasal spray provided rapid onset of analgesia for a variety of painful procedures with few adverse effects and has promising features for use in pediatric procedural pain management. (nih.gov)
- The investigators study the efficacy of epidural sufentanil/ropivacaine for analgesia labor in primiparas so as to decrease perinatal complications of analgesia labor. (bioportfolio.com)
- We chose sufentanil because of its greater lipophilic characteristics, which should provide a faster onset of analgesia than morphine. (sid.ir)
- Although sufentanil PCEA provided satisfactory sustained postoperative analgesia, sufentanil PCEA appears to offer no clear advantage over morphine IV-PCA beyond the effects of the initial physician-administered loading dose. (elsevier.com)
- A randomised double-blind evaluation of adenosine as adjunct to sufentanil in spinal labour analgesia. (afar.info)
- This double-blind randomised study evaluates if the combination of adenosine to sufentanil could give relevant prolongation (40%) of the duration of sufentanil spinal analgesia. (afar.info)
- Duration of analgesia was not increased by adenosine + sufentanil, 99 +/- 54 min, vs. sufentanil, 89 +/- 56 min. (afar.info)
- CONCLUSIONS: During early labour, equipotent low concentrations of levobupivacaine, ropivacaine and bupivacaine, all with the addition of sufentanil 10 microg, produced similar pain relief and motor block, but levobupivacaine and ropivacaine produced a longer lasting analgesia. (afar.info)
- Epidural analgesia with sufentanil in relation to OPRM1 and ABCB1 polymorphisms. (cdc.gov)
- Conclusion: The addition of dextrose 3.5% to intrathecal sufentanil reduced the incidence of pruritus without affecting the duration or quality of analgesia in parturients in early labour. (utmb.edu)
- Sufentanil is one of the inhibitors of P-glycoprotein (P-gp) [ 8 ], which belongs to the superfamily of ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporters and is the most important efflux transporter of exogenous opioids [ 9 ]. (bioscirep.org)
- Sufentanil is often the analgesic of choice when treating people who are heavily tolerant to opioids. (therecoveryvillage.com)
- If barbiturates, benzodiazepines, inhalation agents, other opioids, or other central nervous system depressants are used in conjunction with Sufentanil, doses should be adjusted according to the patient's response. (therecoveryvillage.com)
- In this study the analgesic effect of two different opioids (fentanyl and sufentanil) will be compared when given either intrathecally or epidurally in primiparous parturients during early phase of the labour. (trialbulletin.com)
Davis's Drug Guide1
- SUFentanil is a topic covered in the Davis's Drug Guide . (unboundmedicine.com)
Effects of sufentanil3
- Depending on the amount administered, it can reverse the respiratory depression and, if enough is administered, completely reverse the effects of sufentanil. (rug.nl)
- The doses and side effects of sufentanil consumed 6 h (T1), 24 h (T2) and 48 h (T3) after surgery were recorded. (bioscirep.org)
- Recent studies found that single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of OPRM1 significantly influence the analgesic effectiveness and side effects of sufentanil [ 5-7 ]. (bioscirep.org)
Administration of sufentanil4
- The handheld component of ARX-01 allows for convenient patient self-administration of Sufentanil NanoTabs sublingually for oral transmucosal absorption. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Conclusion: Intraarticular administration of sufentanil alone and combination of sufentanil and methylpred-nisolone after knee menisectomy are effective, reliable, and well tolerated analgesic techniques. (sid.ir)
- Nasal administration of sufentanil or midazolam is effective for preinduction of pediatric patients, but there are no data on which to base a choice between them. (elsevier.com)
- Results - The level of anxiety was not lower ten minutes after the administration of sufentanil and no improvement in the quality of the anesthetic induction was observed. (unesp.br)
- Utilizing a randomized, open-label, parallel-group design, this Phase 3 study enrolled 359 adult patients at 26 U.S. sites and compared efficacy and safety of AcelRx's investigational ARX-01 sublingual Sufentanil NanoTab PCA System (15 mcg/dose) to the commonly used IV PCA with morphine (1 mg/dose) for the treatment of acute post-operative pain immediately following major abdominal or orthopedic surgery. (fiercebiotech.com)
- 0.001) and Overall Ease of Care (4.26 vs. 3.82, p=0.018) with the Sufentanil NanoTab PCA System compared to IV PCA morphine. (fiercebiotech.com)
- The observation group was given dexmedetomidine combined with sufentanil,while the control group was given midazolam combined with morphine. (cnki.com.cn)
- Sufentanil, which is metabolized by the cytochrome P450 3A4 (CYP3A4) enzyme, does not have active metabolites, possibly reducing the potential for delayed adverse effects that are common for morphine and hydromorphone (Dilaudid), both of which have active glucuronide metabolites. (mdmag.com)
- Development of the sufentanil sublingual tablet was partially supported by the Department of Defense to replace intramuscular (IM) morphine for pain relief on the battlefield. (mdmag.com)
Safety of sufentanil sublingual1
- AcelRx Pharmaceuticals announced the publication of a pooled analysis in the peer reviewed journal, Pain Management, analyzing the results of AcelRx's clinical studies to assess safety of sufentanil sublingual tablets for the short-term treatment of moderate-to-severe acute pain in medically supervised settings. (epgonline.org)
- Conclusion: The rs1799971 and rs1323040 polymorphisms of the OPRM1 gene and rs2032582 and rs1128503 polymorphisms of the ABCB1 gene are related to the analgesic effect and consumed dose of sufentanil in Chinese Han patients undergoing radical operation of lung cancer. (bioscirep.org)
- However, elderly patients are more likely to have confusion and severe drowsiness and age-related liver, kidney, heart, or lung problems, which may require caution and an adjustment in the dose for patients receiving sufentanil. (drugstip.com)
- The objective of the safety analysis was to evaluate the pooled data from AcelRx's clinical studies of sufentanil sublingual tablets (SSTs) administered at 30 mcg dose equivalents over less than 72 hours for moderate-to-severe acute pain management in both postoperative and emergency room patients. (epgonline.org)
- Epidural dose of either fentanyl or sufentanil delivered through an epidural catheter. (trialbulletin.com)
- 5 micrograms of intrathecally administered sufentanil in a single dose. (trialbulletin.com)
- 20 micrograms of epidurally administered sufentanil in a single dose. (trialbulletin.com)
- Efeito da dose do sufentanil intratecal na resposta ao estresse após intubação o. (usp.br)
- After administration of 0,05 mg/Kg intravenous midazolam, all patients received the previous selected dose of intrathecal sufentanil. (usp.br)
- Palmer, Pamela P. 2018-06-01 00:00:00 BackgroundPharmacological properties of the sufentanil sublingual tablet 30mcg (SST 30mcg) could offer potential analgesic advantages in settings requiring noninvasive, acute pain management. (deepdyve.com)
- I was the lead author on the recently published safety profile of the sufentanil sublingual tablet in over 800 patients, which demonstrated that this analgesic is well tolerated across a wide range of demographic subgroups, including patients who are elderly (11% ≥ 75 years), obese (42% body-mass index ≥ 30 kg/m 2 ), and/or have comorbidities (52% ASA class II or class III). (mdmag.com)
- 1. Hutchins JL, Leiman D, Minkowitz HS, Jove M, DiDonato KP, Palmer PP. An open-label study of sufentanil sublingual tablet 30 mcg in patients with postoperative pain. (dsuvia.com)
- Sufentanil, an opioid analgesic manufactured by AcelRx Pharmaceuticals, was approved as a 30-mcg sublingual tablet. (mdedge.com)
- Objective: To study the effects of single-nucleotide polymorphisms of the OPRM1 and ABCB1 genes on the analgesic effect and consumption of sufentanil after thoracoscopic-assisted radical resection of lung cancer. (bioscirep.org)
- T, on the analgesic effect and consumption of sufentanil in patients treated with thoracoscopic-assisted radical resection of lung cancer. (bioscirep.org)
- Conclusions: These results suggest that intradermal sufentanil alone has no analgesic effect. (elsevier.com)
- Further, in combination with lidocaine, sufentanil does neither potentiate nor prolong the analgesic effect of lidocaine. (elsevier.com)
- To investigate a pediatric formulation of intranasal sufentanil 0.5 mcg·kg(-1) and ketamine 0.5 mg·kg(-1) for procedural pain and to characterize the pharmacokinetic (PK) profile. (nih.gov)
- These results support previous conclusions that intranasal midazolam and sufentanil are effective preinduction sedatives, and demonstrate that midazolam is preferable to sufentanil for most patients. (elsevier.com)
- Methods - Thirty patients whose ages ranged from 1 to 9 years old, physical status ASA 1, submitted to elective surgeries participated in the study and received sufentanil (2 μg.kg-1) by the intranasal route as preoperative medication. (unesp.br)
NanoTab PCA System1
- The ARX-01 Sufentanil NanoTab PCA System avoids many of the limitations of IV PCA by providing a non-invasive, pre-programmed, handheld PCA solution. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) voted to approve the narcotic sufentanil for sublingual use in November of 2018. (theanesthesiaconsultant.com)
- This method allowed for the detection of serum surfentanil in the terminal elimination phase of sufentanil in a patient receiving 1.5 μg/kg and will allow for studies to determine the pharmacokinetics and metabolism of sufentanil in a wide variety of patient groups now receiving this agent. (elsevier.com)
- POCD was significantly lower in patients receiving oxycodone up to the 3rd postoperative day, compared to patients receiving sufentanil, but cognition was adversely impacted by both drugs to some extent. (medsafetyaustralia.com.au)
Efficacy of sufentanil1
- The FDA reviewed a package based on positive Phase 2 clinical study results from three Phase 2 trials which demonstrated the functionality of the ARX-01 device and the safety and efficacy of Sufentanil NanoTabs(TM) for the treatment of moderate-to-severe acute pain following knee replacement surgery and abdominal surgery. (medicalnewstoday.com)
Midazolam and sufentanil1
- Sedation with midazolam or a combination of midazolam and sufentanil induces a deterioration of vasomotion and microvascular response to ischaemia, raising the question of whether this effect may further alter tissue perfusion when already compromised, as in septic patients. (springer.com)
Formulation of sufentanil1
- Why do we need an oral formulation of sufentanil - a more potent form of fentanyl that's been approved for intravenous and epidural use in the U.S. since 1984 - on the market? (mdedge.com)
Combination with sufentanil1
- Epidural levobupivacaine, ropivacaine and bupivacaine in combination with sufentanil in early labour: a randomized trial. (afar.info)
- AcelRx Pharmaceuticals, Inc announced that it has successfully completed an End-of-Phase 2 meeting with the FDA for ARX-01, a drug/device combination product based on the company's proprietary NanoTab(TM) dosage form, which enables delivery of sufentanil by the non-invasive oral transmucosal (sublingual) route. (medicalnewstoday.com)
Intravenous and epidural1
- Sufentanil is a high therapeutic index opioid approved for intravenous and epidural administration. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Sufentanil sublingual tablets pooled analysis for short term pain management published in Pain Management. (epgonline.org)
- First-pass pulmonary retention of sufentanil at three different background blood concentrations of the opioid. (semanticscholar.org)
- For these patients, Sufentanil may be the only medication capable of compensating for the baseline opioid concentrations in the blood. (therecoveryvillage.com)
- Safety assessments over the 12-hour study period included vital signs, oxygen saturation, adverse events, and use of concomitant medications, as well as plasma concentrations of sufentanil. (dsuvia.com)
- A total of 772 drugs (4265 brand and generic names) are known to interact with sufentanil . (drugs.com)
- The possible in vivo interaction of fentanyl and sufentanil with other drugs catalyzed by CYP3A4 is also discussed. (nih.gov)
- Sufentanil is one of the 'main potent drugs' used to manage intense surgical pain in hospitals, he said, and its intravenous delivery makes it difficult to take away and abuse. (cbc.ca)
- Results: The sufentanil doses at T1, T2 and T3 were significantly higher in radical-operation lung cancer patients with mutant homozygous rs1799971 and rs1323040 loci in the OPRM1 gene and rs2032582 and rs1128503 loci in the ABCB1 gene. (bioscirep.org)
- Sufentanil with and without lidocaine or mepivacaine is available as a transdermal patch similar to Duragesic in Europe under trade names such as Chronogesic. (rug.nl)
- A transdermal patch version of Sufentanil is in stage III of clinical trials for the relief of chronic pain. (therecoveryvillage.com)
- Currently sufentanil is the most potent opioid painkiller available for use in humans. (rug.nl)
- Although more potent narcotic pain medications do exist, all medications stronger than sufentanil are approved for veterinary use only. (rug.nl)
- Because sufentanil is very potent, practitioners must be prepared to reverse the effects of the drug should the patient exhibit symptoms of overdose such as respiratory depression or respiratory arrest . (rug.nl)
- Sufentanil is a synthetic opioid analgesic drug approximately 5 to 10 times more potent than fentanyl . (wikia.org)
- Sublingual sufentanil is 5-10 times more potent than fentanyl, and dissolves under the tongue in seconds. (theanesthesiaconsultant.com)
- Canadian doctors specializing in pain management say a pill form of sufentanil - an opioid related to fentanyl but even more potent that was recently approved in the United States - could do more harm than good. (cbc.ca)
- Sufentanil is five to 10 times more potent than fentanyl and is currently only approved for intravenous use in acute pain management in Canadian hospitals. (cbc.ca)
- Sufentanil is five to 10 times more potent than fentanyl, but less potent than carfentanil, which was made as a veterinary opioid and never intended for human use. (cbc.ca)
- Neogen's Sufentanil ELISA (Enzyme-Linked ImmunoSorbent Assay) test kit is a qualitative one-step kit designed for use as a screening device for the detection of Sufentanil and Carfentanil. (neogen.com)
- Structurally, sufentanil differs from fentanyl through the addition of a methoxymethyl group on the piperidine ring (which is believed to reduce duration of action  ), and the replacement of the phenyl ring by thiophene . (rug.nl)
- The IUPAC chemical name for sufentanil is N-[4-(methoxymethyl)-1-[2-(2-thienyl)ethyl]-4-piperidinyl]-Nphenylpropanamide citrate. (rxlist.com)
- Arterial pressure, heart rate, cardiac output determined by transthoracic impedance, transcutaneous oxygen (tcPO 2 ) and carbon dioxide (tcPCO 2 ) pressures, and microcirculatory blood flow determined by laser Doppler flowmetry at rest and during a reactive hyperaemia challenge were measured before sedation (NS period), one hour after midazolam infusion (H period), and one hour after midazolam-sufentanil infusion (HS period). (springer.com)
- 05). Conclusion Dexmedetomidine combined with sufentanil has excellent analgesic and sedative effect on children with craniocerebral injury. (cnki.com.cn)
- Average BIS values were kept in the range of 61-80 by decreasing or increasing sufentanil levels in all groups, and hourly sufentanil consumption was determined. (biomedcentral.com)
- Durect Corporation announced positive results from a 74 patient Phase 2b clinical trial conducted by Endo Pharmaceuticals of Transdur-sufentanil, a proprietary seven day patch under development for the treatment of chronic pain. (empr.com)
- A transdermal sufentanil patch called Transdur-sufentanil is currently in Stage I clinical trials by ENDO pharmaceuticals for the relief of chronic pain, and has the advantage over fentanyl patches such as Duragesic of only needing to be applied once per week. (wikia.org)
- contraindications Hypersensitivity to sufentanil prohibits its use. (thefreedictionary.com)
- 2019. https://www.unboundmedicine.com/washingtonmanual/view/Davis-Drug-Guide/51817/11.0/SUFentanil. (unboundmedicine.com)
- The report then estimates 2014-2019 market development trends of Sufentanil industry. (pitchengine.com)
- Overall, the report provides an in-depth insight of 2009-2019 global and Chinese Sufentanil industry covering all important parameters. (pitchengine.com)
- In some countries sufentanil is only indicated for epidural use, despite this, it is often used off-label both intravenously and intranasally. (wikia.org)
- Conclusions Multipoint TEAS at both proximal and distal points combined with TIVA can significantly decrease intraoperative sufentanil requirements, increase pain relief on postoperative day 1 and improve postoperative recovery of patients during supratentorial tumour resection, with no significant increase of side effects. (bmj.com)
- Sufentanil is a short acting synthetic opioid analgesic most commonly used for pain relief during medical operations. (cerilliant.com)
- Sufentanil first was synthesized at Janssen Pharmaceutica in 1974. (rug.nl)