Myoma: A benign neoplasm of muscular tissue. (Stedman, 25th ed)Leiomyoma: A benign tumor derived from smooth muscle tissue, also known as a fibroid tumor. They rarely occur outside of the UTERUS and the GASTROINTESTINAL TRACT but can occur in the SKIN and SUBCUTANEOUS TISSUE, probably arising from the smooth muscle of small blood vessels in these tissues.Uterine Neoplasms: Tumors or cancer of the UTERUS.Menorrhagia: Excessive uterine bleeding during MENSTRUATION.Perimenopause: The transitional period before and after MENOPAUSE. Perimenopausal symptoms are associated with irregular MENSTRUAL CYCLE and widely fluctuated hormone levels. They may appear 6 years before menopause and subside 2 to 5 years after menopause.Hysteroscopy: Endoscopic examination, therapy or surgery of the interior of the uterus.Gynecologic Surgical Procedures: Surgery performed on the female genitalia.Endometrial Ablation Techniques: Procedures used for the targeted destruction of the mucous membrane lining of the uterine cavity.Leiomyomatosis: The state of having multiple leiomyomas throughout the body. (Stedman, 25th ed)Uterine Myomectomy: Surgical removal of a LEIOMYOMA of the UTERUS.Pregnancy Complications, Neoplastic: The co-occurrence of pregnancy and NEOPLASMS. The neoplastic disease may precede or follow FERTILIZATION.Polyps: Discrete abnormal tissue masses that protrude into the lumen of the DIGESTIVE TRACT or the RESPIRATORY TRACT. Polyps can be spheroidal, hemispheroidal, or irregular mound-shaped structures attached to the MUCOUS MEMBRANE of the lumen wall either by a stalk, pedunculus, or by a broad base.Uterine Hemorrhage: Bleeding from blood vessels in the UTERUS, sometimes manifested as vaginal bleeding.Myometrium: The smooth muscle coat of the uterus, which forms the main mass of the organ.Uterine Diseases: Pathological processes involving any part of the UTERUS.Laparoscopy: A procedure in which a laparoscope (LAPAROSCOPES) is inserted through a small incision near the navel to examine the abdominal and pelvic organs in the PERITONEAL CAVITY. If appropriate, biopsy or surgery can be performed during laparoscopy.Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Interventional: Minimally invasive procedures guided with the aid of magnetic resonance imaging to visualize tissue structures.High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound Ablation: The use of focused, high-frequency sound waves to destroy tissue. It is sometimes used in conjunction with but is distinct from INTERVENTIONAL ULTRASONOGRAPHY.Hysterectomy, Vaginal: Removal of the uterus through the vagina.Uterus: The hollow thick-walled muscular organ in the female PELVIS. It consists of the fundus (the body) which is the site of EMBRYO IMPLANTATION and FETAL DEVELOPMENT. Beyond the isthmus at the perineal end of fundus, is CERVIX UTERI (the neck) opening into VAGINA. Beyond the isthmi at the upper abdominal end of fundus, are the FALLOPIAN TUBES.Endometriosis: A condition in which functional endometrial tissue is present outside the UTERUS. It is often confined to the PELVIS involving the OVARY, the ligaments, cul-de-sac, and the uterovesical peritoneum.Infertility, Female: Diminished or absent ability of a female to achieve conception.Hysterectomy: Excision of the uterus.Subcutaneous Emphysema: Presence of air or gas in the subcutaneous tissues of the body.Hysterosalpingography: Radiography of the uterus and fallopian tubes after the injection of a contrast medium.Ablation Techniques: Removal of tissue by vaporization, abrasion, or destruction. Methods used include heating tissue by hot liquids or microwave thermal heating, freezing (CRYOABLATION), chemical ablation, and photoablation with LASERS.Postpartum Hemorrhage: Excess blood loss from uterine bleeding associated with OBSTETRIC LABOR or CHILDBIRTH. It is defined as blood loss greater than 500 ml or of the amount that adversely affects the maternal physiology, such as BLOOD PRESSURE and HEMATOCRIT. Postpartum hemorrhage is divided into two categories, immediate (within first 24 hours after birth) or delayed (after 24 hours postpartum).Uterine Rupture: A complete separation or tear in the wall of the UTERUS with or without expulsion of the FETUS. It may be due to injuries, multiple pregnancies, large fetus, previous scarring, or obstruction.Ascorbic Acid: A six carbon compound related to glucose. It is found naturally in citrus fruits and many vegetables. Ascorbic acid is an essential nutrient in human diets, and necessary to maintain connective tissue and bone. Its biologically active form, vitamin C, functions as a reducing agent and coenzyme in several metabolic pathways. Vitamin C is considered an antioxidant.Oxalic Acid: A strong dicarboxylic acid occurring in many plants and vegetables. It is produced in the body by metabolism of glyoxylic acid or ascorbic acid. It is not metabolized but excreted in the urine. It is used as an analytical reagent and general reducing agent.Blood Loss, Surgical: Loss of blood during a surgical procedure.Intraoperative Care: Patient care procedures performed during the operation that are ancillary to the actual surgery. It includes monitoring, fluid therapy, medication, transfusion, anesthesia, radiography, and laboratory tests.Catheter Ablation: Removal of tissue with electrical current delivered via electrodes positioned at the distal end of a catheter. Energy sources are commonly direct current (DC-shock) or alternating current at radiofrequencies (usually 750 kHz). The technique is used most often to ablate the AV junction and/or accessory pathways in order to interrupt AV conduction and produce AV block in the treatment of various tachyarrhythmias.Retrospective Studies: Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Non-invasive method of demonstrating internal anatomy based on the principle that atomic nuclei in a strong magnetic field absorb pulses of radiofrequency energy and emit them as radiowaves which can be reconstructed into computerized images. The concept includes proton spin tomographic techniques.Treatment Outcome: Evaluation undertaken to assess the results or consequences of management and procedures used in combating disease in order to determine the efficacy, effectiveness, safety, and practicability of these interventions in individual cases or series.Mifepristone: A progestational and glucocorticoid hormone antagonist. Its inhibition of progesterone induces bleeding during the luteal phase and in early pregnancy by releasing endogenous prostaglandins from the endometrium or decidua. As a glucocorticoid receptor antagonist, the drug has been used to treat hypercortisolism in patients with nonpituitary CUSHING SYNDROME.Access to Information: Individual's rights to obtain and use information collected or generated by others.Periodicals as Topic: A publication issued at stated, more or less regular, intervals.Journal Impact Factor: A quantitative measure of the frequency on average with which articles in a journal have been cited in a given period of time.Publishing: "The business or profession of the commercial production and issuance of literature" (Webster's 3d). It includes the publisher, publication processes, editing and editors. Production may be by conventional printing methods or by electronic publishing.Women's Health: The concept covering the physical and mental conditions of women.Chickenpox Vaccine: A live, attenuated varicella virus vaccine used for immunization against chickenpox. It is recommended for children between the ages of 12 months and 13 years.Manuals as Topic: Books designed to give factual information or instructions.Cellulose, Oxidized: A cellulose of varied carboxyl content retaining the fibrous structure. It is commonly used as a local hemostatic and as a matrix for normal blood coagulation.Tissue Adhesions: Pathological processes consisting of the union of the opposing surfaces of a wound.Product Surveillance, Postmarketing: Surveillance of drugs, devices, appliances, etc., for efficacy or adverse effects, after they have been released for general sale.Hysteroscopes: Endoscopes for examining the interior of the uterus.Nonlinear Dynamics: The study of systems which respond disproportionately (nonlinearly) to initial conditions or perturbing stimuli. Nonlinear systems may exhibit "chaos" which is classically characterized as sensitive dependence on initial conditions. Chaotic systems, while distinguished from more ordered periodic systems, are not random. When their behavior over time is appropriately displayed (in "phase space"), constraints are evident which are described by "strange attractors". Phase space representations of chaotic systems, or strange attractors, usually reveal fractal (FRACTALS) self-similarity across time scales. Natural, including biological, systems often display nonlinear dynamics and chaos.ArchivesBiological Science Disciplines: All of the divisions of the natural sciences dealing with the various aspects of the phenomena of life and vital processes. The concept includes anatomy and physiology, biochemistry and biophysics, and the biology of animals, plants, and microorganisms. It should be differentiated from BIOLOGY, one of its subdivisions, concerned specifically with the origin and life processes of living organisms.PubMed: A bibliographic database that includes MEDLINE as its primary subset. It is produced by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), part of the NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE. PubMed, which is searchable through NLM's Web site, also includes access to additional citations to selected life sciences journals not in MEDLINE, and links to other resources such as the full-text of articles at participating publishers' Web sites, NCBI's molecular biology databases, and PubMed Central.
... to smaller lesions as pointed out by a large study that collected results from 235 patients suffering from submucous myomas who ... Studies have suggested that laparoscopic myomectomy leads to lower morbidity rates and faster recovery than does laparotomic ... A study of laparoscopic myomectomies conducted between January 1990 and October 1998 examined 106 cases of laparoscopic ... Thus, women who have had myomectomy (with the exception of small submucosal myoma removal via hysteroscopy, or largely ...
In 1931, Zawgyi returned to the Myoma High School to teach until 1934. After achieving the MA degree from the Rangoon ... 1960 A Study of the Rise of the Burmese Novel Zawgyi, Journal of the Burma Research Society, June 1968 His Spouse a short story ... he became a tutor in Burmese at the Mandalay Intermediate College until 1938 when he went to England to study at the University ... for outstanding diploma students in Library and Information Studies and Masters students in Burmese. Magician's Caves Folk ...
Nezhat C, Kho K (2010). "Iatrogenic Myomas: New Class of Myomas?". Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology. 17 (5): 544-550. ... Some studies suggest that black women who are obese and who have high blood pressure are more likely to have fibroids. Other ... Studies have suggested that laparoscopic myomectomy leads to lower morbidity rates and faster recovery than does laparotomic ... Cabergoline in a moderate and well-tolerated dose has been shown in two studies to shrink fibroids effectively. The mechanism ...
In animal studies, the drug was quickly and nearly completely absorbed from the gut. Intake of food delays absorption, but it ... Mean myoma volume reduction observed during the first treatment course (−41.9%) was maintained during the second one (−43.7%). ... It has not been studied in women under the age of 18. It is also not recommended for women with severe asthma receiving ... Of the 29 women studied who became pregnant despite taking ulipristal acetate, 16 had induced abortions, six had spontaneous ...
Mary Dixon Jones
Dixon continued her studies in Baltimore with Thomas E. Bond, Jr., who founded the Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, while ... myoma). Her work doing gynecological surgery at Woman's Hospital of Brooklyn drew the attention of the news media, and she was ... Additionally, she studied the pathology of laboratory specimens for diseases she treated. In 1888, Jones removed the uterus and ... When she completed her studies in 1875, she returned to Brooklyn to a private practice and also worked at Woman's Hospital of ...
Medical Universities (Myanmar)
So our pioneers in medicine like U Ba Than, Colonel Min Sein, Daw Yin May and U Maung Gale had to study in Calcutta and got M.B ... 2 Military Hospital (500 bedded, Myoma Street, Dagon) Defence Services General Hospital, Naypyidaw (1000 bedded) Defence ... Sayagyi Aye U Ko Gyi passed M.B., B.S. in 1937 so that he could study DOMS straight. The medical course at Rangoon Medical ... During the three years of clinical study, (i.e. starting from Third M.B., B.S.) the students had to work in the outpatient ...
List of writers on Buddhism
Early Buddhism is still being studied by scholars. Hajime Nakamura C. A. F. Rhys Davids T. W. Rhys Davids A. K. Warder ... Goenka Jack Kornfield Myoma Myint Kywe Nanavira Thera Nyanatiloka Walpola Rahula Sharon Salzberg Rahul Sankrityayan Rerukane ... namely the Madhyamaka and Yogacara are still being studied. Reb Anderson Taisen Deshimaru Norman Fischer Gil Fronsdal Steve ...
"Arc Publications - Books". A Study of the Rise of the Burmese Novel Zawgyi, Journal of Burma Research Society, June 1968 ... Myoma Myint Kywe (born 1960) and Thant Myint-U (born 1966) Distinguished female writers, who have also been an ever-present ... Contributions to Asian Studies. 16: 81-99. Retrieved 10 August 2008. Herbert, Patricia; Milner, Anthony Milner (1989). South- ...
Defence Services Medical Academy
The academy is open year round, and is in session for eleven months of study in an academic year-ten months of medical science ... 2 Military Hospital (500 bed, Myoma Street, Dagon, Yangon) Defence Services Obstetric, Gynaecological and Children's Hospital, ... Every DSMA cadet also studies military science and military leadership for one to two months per year from First M.B., B.S. to ... The first batch of 47 cadets from the DSIM were commissioned as lieutenants on 17 December 1999, after six years of study and a ...
Thomas Stephen Cullen
Aung Zan Wai
Sein Mya Maung, Myoma U Than Kywe, Tin Tut, Bo Khin Maung Kalay, Thakin Watin, Bo Aung, Bo Min Lwin, Ko Ko Lay, Bo Thein Swe, ... Institute of Southeast Asian Studies. p. 500. Maung Maung (1962). A Trial in Burma: The Assassination of Aung San. Martinus ... Aung Zan Wai, along with Pe Khin, Bo Hmu Aung, Sir Maung Gyi, Sein Mya Maung, Myoma U Than Kywe were most important negotiators ...
In another study conducted in 2014, laparoscopy was found to be "a safe alternative to laparotomy" in patients receiving total ... Cucinella G, Granese R, Calagna G, Somigliana E, Perino A (2011). "Parasitic myomas after laparoscopic surgery: An emerging ... One long-term study found a 2.4 fold increased risk for surgery to correct urinary stress incontinence following hysterectomy. ... One study showed that risk of subsequent cardiovascular disease is substantially increased for women who had hysterectomy at ...
In two studies published in the New England Journal of Medicine on January 4, 2007, cabergoline was implicated along with ... "Comparison of the effect of gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist and dopamine receptor agonist on uterine myoma growth. ... Cabergoline was studied in one person with Cushing's disease, to lower ACTH levels and cause regression of ACTH producing ... Rat studies show cabergoline has a direct inhibitory effect on pituitary lactotroph (prolactin) cells. It is frequently used as ...
Four onshore campsites have been found at Bat Caves Butte, Myoma Dunes, Travertine Rock and Wadi Beadmaker. The nature of the ... Goldfarb, R. J. (1983-01-01). Mineral Resources of the Newberry Mountains and Rodman Mountains Wilderness Study Areas, San ... Hildebrand, John A (2002-01-01). "Patayan Ceramic Variability: Using Trace Element and Petrographic Analysis to Study Brown and ... Journal of Borderlands Studies. 6 (2): 7-8. doi:10.1080/08865655.1991.9695409. ISSN 0886-5655. Turner, Bruce J. (1983-01-01). " ...
Institute for the Study of Languages and Cultures of Asia and Africa, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies. p. 18. Alexander, ... important road route during the rainy season is the Kalay-Gangaw-Monywa-Mandalay road and during winter it is the Kalay-Myoma- ... a special lecture delivered to the Basic Burmese Summer Intensive Course at the Institute for the Study of Languages and ... proceedings of the Conference on Myanmar and Southeast Asian Studies, 15-17 November 1995, Yangon. Universities Historical ...
Timeline of Yangon
FIGO classification of uterine bleeding
Added was a category for submucous myomas that make contact with the endometrium but do not distort the endometrial cavity ( ... percentiles from the available large-scale epidemiological studies. Included in this set of definitions was the adoption of the ... Type 3), and subclassification for intramural leiomyomas and the various types of subserous myomas. The 2011 publication, as ...
Thit-ta Bwe Quarter Ywarthit Quarter Obo Quarter Nyaung Hla Quarter Myoma(South) Quarter Myoma (North) Quarter Sonetite Quarter ... Longmuir, Marilyn (September 1998). "Twinzayo and Twinza: Burmese "Oil Barons" and the British Administration". Asian Studies ... Bo Gone.etc.Myoma Market and Yadanar Market are at the center of the city.Industry Zone is located in the north part of ...
Anti-Fascist People's Freedom League
Howard Atwood Kelly
He also studied mycology, including mushroom identification, mycophagy, and research on mycologists. He collected a variety of ... Myomata of the Uterus, with T. S. Cullen (1909) Cyclopedia of American Medical Biography (1912) Diseases of the Kidneys, ... Kelly spent his free time observing the nature and studying the Bible with her mother. In the fall of 1867, Kelly entered the ... Kelly pursued the field of urogynecology and is known for establishing gynecology as its own field of study and through his ...
From that point on, there have been many studies into the transvaginal technique. An integral member of the initial teams ... In relation to other pelvic organs, some abnormalities (such as myomas and some cases of endometriosis) can be identified by ... The published evidence into the use of Fertiloscopy falls into two categories; those studies linked with the original research ... Results of an international multicentre prospective trial: the 'FLY' (Fertiloscopy-LaparoscopY) study. Watrelot A, Dreyfus J M ...
History of Myanmar
Myoma U Than Kywe, Major Aung, Sir Maung Gyi and Dr. Sein Mya Maung. were most important negotiators and leaders of the ... Werner Gruhl is former chief of NASA's Cost and Economic Analysis Branch with a lifetime interest in the study of the First and ... Modern Asian Studies (2011) 45#4 pp 759-790. Factfile: Burma's history of repression Biography of King Bayinnaung (r. 1551-1581 ... Modern Asian Studies. Cambridge University Press. 38: 145-189. doi:10.1017/s0026749x04001040. Fernquest, Jon (Autumn 2005). " ...
間皮瘤 - 维基百科，自由的百科全书
Nezhat C, Kho K (2010). "Iatrogenic Myomas: New Class of Myomas?". Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology. 17 (5): 544-550. ... Some studies suggest that black women who are obese and who have high blood pressure are more likely to have fibroids. ... Studies have suggested that laparoscopic myomectomy leads to lower morbidity rates and faster recovery than does laparotomic ... Cabergoline in a moderate and well-tolerated dose has been shown in two studies to shrink fibroids effectively. The mechanism ...
Culture of Myanmar
Burmese Historians: Ba Shin, Than Tun, Thant Myint-U, Htin Aung, Sao Saimong, Myoma Myint Kywe, and San C. Po were famous in ... Ikeya, Chie (2008). "The Modern Burmese Woman and the Politics of Fashion in Colonial Burma". The Journal of Asian Studies. ... "Burmese Buddhism and its Impact on Social Change" (PDF). Virginia Review of Asian Studies: 2. Andrew Marshall (2002). The ...
Study on the Effect of Intravenous Ascorbic Acid on Intraoperative Blood Loss in Women With Uterine Myoma - Full Text View -...
The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study ... Study on the Effect of Intravenous Ascorbic Acid on Intraoperative Blood Loss in Women With Uterine Myoma. ... Study Description Study Design Arms and Interventions Outcome Measures Eligibility Criteria Contacts and Locations More ... Study Description Study Design Arms and Interventions Outcome Measures Eligibility Criteria Contacts and Locations More ...
RePub, Erasmus University Repository: The Focused Ultrasound Myoma Outcome Study (FUMOS); a retrospective cohort study on...
The Focused Ultrasound Myoma Outcome Study (FUMOS); a retrospective cohort study on long-term outcomes of MR-HIFU therapy. ... The Focused Ultrasound Myoma Outcome Study (FUMOS); a retrospective cohort study on long-term outcomes of MR-HIFU therapy. ... In the Focused Ultrasound Myoma Outcome Study (FUMOS), we evaluated long-term outcomes after MR-HIFU therapy, primarily to ...
Treatment of Uterine Myoma with 2.5 or 5 mg Mifepristone Daily during 3 Months with 9 Months Posttreatment Followup: Randomized...
Clinical Study. Treatment of Uterine Myoma with 2.5 or 5 mg Mifepristone Daily during 3 Months with 9 Months Posttreatment ... In this study, as was the case in the previous study with 2.5 and 5 mg doses of mifepristone , there was no significant ... in their study .. Just as in our previous study with 2.5 and 5 mg mifepristone in which the subjects underwent surgery on ... The study sample size was increased by 8%, (110 patients in each group, for a total of 220 in the study as a whole), so as to ...
Will you have Myoma with Glucophage - from FDA reports - eHealthMe
We studied 49,147 Glucophage users who have side effects from FDA and eHealthme. Among them, 6 have Myoma. See what we found. ... Drugs that are associated with Myoma. Myoma (335 drugs) Could your condition cause Myoma. Myoma (336 conditions) Glucophage ... Glucophage and Myoma - from FDA reports Myoma is found among people who take Glucophage, especially for people who are 60+ old ... Myoma. Myoma (common tumours found in the female genital tract) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple ...
Cervical Myomas - Women's Health Issues - Merck Manuals Consumer Version
News) Antiperspirant Use Seems Safe During Breast Cancer Treatment: Study * (News) Is Infant Drug Withdrawal Likelier When ... When they do, they are usually accompanied by myomas in the larger upper part of the uterus. Myomas in this part of the uterus ... Sores sometimes develop on prolapsed myomas, which may become infected, bleed, or both. Prolapsed myomas can also block the ... Cervical Myomas By S. Gene McNeeley, MD, Clinical Professor;Chief of Gynecology, Center for Advanced Gynecology and Pelvic ...
Post Market Study for an Adhesion Barrier Following Laparoscopic Myomectomy - Study Results - ClinicalTrials.gov
Myoma. Leiomyoma. Intervention: Device: SprayShield™. Participant Flow Hide Participant Flow Recruitment Details Key ... The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study ... Study Type: Interventional. Study Design: Allocation: Randomized; Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment; Masking: Single ( ... Principal Investigators are NOT employed by the organization sponsoring the study. There is NOT an agreement between Principal ...
Post Market Study for an Adhesion Barrier Following Laparoscopic Myomectomy - Tabular View - ClinicalTrials.gov
Females undergoing prior open or closed myomectomy for treatment of myomas.. *Evidence of current active endometriosis or ... The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study ... Study Phase ICMJE Not Applicable Study Design ICMJE Allocation: Randomized. Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment. Masking: ... Study Start Date ICMJE November 2008 Actual Primary Completion Date May 2009 (Final data collection date for primary outcome ...
Office Hysteroscopic Laser Enucleation of Submucous Myomas without Mass Extraction: A Case Series Study.
The objective of this study was to assess whether removal of submucous myomas from the uterine cavity after hysteroscopic laser ... The objective of this study was to assess whether removal of submucous myomas from the uterine cavity after hysteroscopic laser ... Office Hysteroscopic Laser Enucleation of Submucous Myomas without Mass Extraction: A Case Series Study.. Login ... Office Hysteroscopic Laser Enucleation of Submucous Myomas without Mass Extraction: A Case Series Study.. ...
Uterine synechiae after bipolar hysteroscopic resection of submucosal myomas in patients with infertility.
DESIGN: Retrospective case series study. SETTING: University obstetrics gynecologic and assisted reproduction center. ... Myoma / complications, surgery*. Postoperative Complications / epidemiology. Pregnancy. Pregnancy Rate. Retrospective Studies. ... Myoma size ,or=3.5 cm and age ,35 years were associated with a significantly higher pregnancy rate in univariate and ... The mean myoma size was 25 +/- 11 mm. Postoperative office hysteroscopies revealed synechiae in four (7.5%) of 53 patients. ...
Adenomyosis and Myomata: Risks, Problems, and Complications in Diagnosis and Therapy of Adenomyosis and Myomata
... and clinical studies covering a wide range of subjects in life sciences and medicine. The journal is divided into 55 subject ... Clinical Study (6 pages), Article ID 6701916, Volume 2017 (2017) *Myomas and Adenomyosis: Impact on Reproductive Outcome, Nikos ... Adenomyosis and Myomata: Risks, Problems, and Complications in Diagnosis and Therapy of Adenomyosis and Myomata. Lead Guest ... Adenomyosis and Myomata: Risks, Problems, and Complications in Diagnosis and Therapy of Adenomyosis and Myomata, Rudy Leon De ...
Symptomatic Uterine Myoma | Springer for Research & Development
... also known as leiomyomas or myomas, are the most common benign uterine neoplasms, especially over the age of 30. They are now ... Rosati P, Exacoustòs C, Mancuso S. Longitudinal evaluation of uterine myoma growth during pregnancy. A sonographic study. J ... Successful myomectomy of a bleeding myoma in a twin pregnancy. JRSM Short Rep. 2012;3:13.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle ... Uterine myoma in pregnancy. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 1990;69:617-9.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar ...
Use of pre-operative imaging for symptomatic uterine myomas during pregnancy: a case report and a systematic literature review ...
Rosati P, Exacoustos C, Mancuso S (1992) Longitudinal evaluation of uterine myoma growth during pregnancy. A sonographic study ... Dienogest as preoperative treatment of submucous myomas for hysteroscopic surgery: a prospective, randomized study. Gynecol ... No funding was received for this study.. Compliance with ethical standards. Conflict of interest. The authors declare that they ... Doerga-Bachasingh S, Karsdorp V, Yo G, van der Weiden R, van Hooff M (2012) Successful myomectomy of a bleeding myoma in a twin ...
Prior uterine myoma and risk of ovarian cancer: a population-based case-control study | Journal of Gynecologic Oncology;: e72...
Case-Control Studies / Logistic Models / Odds Ratio / Adult / Hormone Replacement Therapy Type of study: Case-control study ... This study aimed to assess the association between women with previous uterine myoma and the risk of ovarian cancer. METHODS:. ... Prior uterine myoma and risk of ovarian cancer: a population-based case-control study / 부인종양 ... Prior uterine myoma and risk of ovarian cancer: a population-based case-control study ...
Nationwide population-based cohort study of adverse obstetric outcomes in pregnancies with myoma or following myomectomy:...
To evaluate risks of adverse obstetric outcomes in pregnancies with myoma(s) or in pregnancies following myomectomy. Design: ... Nationwide population-based cohort study of adverse obstetric outcomes in pregnancies with myoma or following myomectomy: ... Results: There are 740,675 women who had never been diagnosed with myoma (Group A), 38,402 women who had diagnosed myoma(s) but ... Conclusions: When a woman who might become pregnant later on is diagnosed with uterine myoma, she should be counseled about the ...
Search of: 'Adenomyosis' - List Results - ClinicalTrials.gov
For Advanced Users: Full Study Record XML Download. *. a zip file of the full study records in XML for all studies in the ... The Association Between Adenomyosis/Uterine Myoma and Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms. *Adenomyosis ... Show studies that were first added (first posted) in the last 14 days. Show studies added or modified (last update posted) in ... To download the XML for all public study records in our database; See Downloading All Study Content for Analysis ...
Study of Different Pain Scores in Single-Port Access (SPA) Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Versus Conventional Laparoscopic...
Increasing size, Menorrhagia) myomas or adenomyosis. - Suspected uterine myoma and/or adenomyosis on transvaginal ... Type of Study:. Interventional. Study Design:. Allocation: Randomized, Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study, ... Endometrial hyperplasia without myoma or adenomyosis. - Body Mass Index more than 30. - Huge uterus defined by longitudinal ... Randomized Controlled Study of Different Pain Scores in Single-Port Access (SPA) Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Versus Conventional ...
Multi-center Prospective Study on E-NOTES for Myomectomy With Traction of Multidirectional Sutures
myoma into different directions could be quite a big challenge. Fortunately, myoma is. enough hard to pull with string and has ... Study Design:. Observational Model: Case-Only, Time Perspective: Prospective. Outcome Measure:. Technical feasibilities and ... Multi-center Prospective Study on Embryonic-Natural Orifice Transumbilical Endoscopic Surgery for Myomectomy With Traction of ... Multi-center Prospective Study on Embryonic-Natural Orifice Transumbilical Endoscopic Surgery for Myomectomy With Traction of ...
Outpatient multimodality management of large submucosal myomas using transvaginal radiofrequency myolysis.
Submucosal myomas are associated with subfertility and infertility, and hysteroscopic myomectomy is the most commonly ... Previous Document: A prospective multicenter study of immediate function of 1-piece implants: A 3-year follow-up report.... ... Myoma volumes were measured by three-dimensional ultrasonography before RFM and 1, 3, 6, 12, 24 months postoperatively. ... BACKGROUND: Submucosal myomas are associated with subfertility and infertility, and hysteroscopic myomectomy is the most ...
Nonlinear analysis of biomagnetic signals recorded from uterine myomas
Table Table11 presents the mean values of the myoma volume, the uterine artery PI and the saturation values in the two study ... If more than one myoma was found in the pelvis, the largest myoma was examined. The uterine arteries and myoma vascularization ... No previous studies have applied nonlinear dynamic analysis to biomagnetic activity of uterine myomas. Therefore, in this pilot ... The study group consisted of 24 premenopausal women who were planed to undergo laparotomy because of symptomatic myomas. ...
Oral Cancer | University of Helsinki
... myoma discs and myogel) which already are widely used for cancer invasion studies. We are developing the model further for ... Further development of the myoma invasion models. • Identify novel, clinically relevant prognostic markers for OTSCC ... Our research group has developed human myoma tumor tissue based models ( ... diagnostics in international multicenter studies. • Resolve effects of OTSCC irradiation in TME of OTSCC. ...
Uterine Myomas: A Significant Women's Health Concern
After studying the information presented here, you will be able to: Name the most ... The goal of this program is to inform nurses about uterine myomas (also known as uterine fibroid tumors), the most common ... Therefore, the term "myoma" will be used for this module. This module will discuss the latest prevalence rates of myomas, ... Uterine myomas are the most common solid pelvic tumors in women of reproductive age. They are benign growths that are also ...
Puerperal Complications of a Retroplacental Uterine Leiomyoma | The Journal of the American Osteopathic Association
Uterine myomas during pregnancy; a longitudinal sonographic study. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2011;37(3):361-365. doi: 10.1002/ ... Caglar GS, Tasci Y, Kayikcioglu F. Management of prolapsed pedunculated myomas. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2005;89(2):146-147. [ ... Levast F, Legendre G, Bouet PE, Sentilhes L. Management of uterine myomas during pregnancy. Gynecol Obstet Ferti. 2016;44(6): ... Complications in pregnancy, labor and delivery with uterine leiomyomas: a population-based study. Obstet Gynecol. 2000;95(5): ...
Relationship between a uterine fibroid diagnosis and the risk of adverse obstetrical outcomes: a cohort study | BMJ Open
Myoma and myomectomy: poor evidence concern in pregnancy. J Obstet Gynaecol Res 2017;43:1789-804.doi:10.1111/jog.13437 ... This study is a large cohort study with data from 92 696 pregnancies. ... Strengths and limitations of this study. *. This study explores an area with inconsistent evidence. ... Comparative study of serum cap activity during pregnancy in malformed and normal uterus. J Perinat Med 1978;6:165-8.doi:10.1515 ...
Endometrial polyps . Submucous myomas. Endometrial Receptivity Assay ( ERA)
How do fibroids ( myomas) affect fertility ?. What are the new techniques for studying the role of the endometrium in ... How do fibroids (myomas) affect fertility ?. Fibroids. While the commonest problem found in the uterus is a fibroid (myoma or ... Studies have shown that the endometrium of some infertile women is deficient in some of these integrins, and this deficiency ... The uterus was often a neglected organ in the infertility workup, partly because we did not have the tools to study it properly ...
Ventrodorsal) Symmetrical Bicornuate Uterus Mimicking a Pedunculated Myoma-A Case Report
2008)  in a study reported that MRI showing bicornuate uterus exposed cervical agenesis. Some studies  have cited septate ... A longitudinal study  observed that antenatal women with monitored (ultrasound) history were at lower risk of having uterine ... HSG was earlier performed as part of a fertility intervention (wrongly concluding on a detached form of pedunculated-myoma). ... Ventrodorsal) Symmetrical Bicornuate Uterus Mimicking a Pedunculated Myoma―A Case Report. Adam Moyosore Afodun1,2*, Khadijah ...
Uterine myomectomy - Wikipedia
... to smaller lesions as pointed out by a large study that collected results from 235 patients suffering from submucous myomas who ... Studies have suggested that laparoscopic myomectomy leads to lower morbidity rates and faster recovery than does laparotomic ... A study of laparoscopic myomectomies conducted between January 1990 and October 1998 examined 106 cases of laparoscopic ... Thus, women who have had myomectomy (with the exception of small submucosal myoma removal via hysteroscopy, or largely ...
Medscape | Int J Clin Pract - Content Listing
Uterine myoma is associated with an increased risk of lung cancer: A nationwide population-based cohort study. February 03, ... This study indicates that the incidence of AKI not requiring dialysis has increased in England by more than twelve fold since ... Female Awareness about the Preconception Use of Folic Acid Supplements in Childbearing Age: A Cross-Sectional Study. February ... Study of gut microbiome in Egyptian patients with autoimmune thyroid diseases. January 22, 2021 ...
Comparison of barbed suture versus traditional suture in laparoendoscopic single-site myomectomy. - PubMed - NCBI
STUDY DESIGN: Data were prospectively collected from 60 consecutive patients with uterine myomas at three institutions. ... and location and size of the largest myoma) were similar between the two study groups. No significant differences in operative ... Patient characteristics (age, body mass index, other demographic data, number of myomas, ...
Roemer T[au] - PubMed - NCBI
Prevalence of uterine myomas in women in Germany: data of an epidemiological study. ... Atomic resolution mechanistic studies of ribocil: A highly selective unnatural ligand mimic of the E. coli FMN riboswitch. ... Gynaecological endoscopic evaluation of 4% icodextrin solution: a European, multicentre, double-blind, randomized study of the ...
PRIME PubMed | Characterization and anti-uterine tumor effect of extract from Prunella vulgaris L
The present study aimed to characterize the chemical composition of PVE and evaluate the pharmacodynamics and mechanism of PVE ... P. vulgaris L. is regarded as a good option for treating uterine myoma (UM). However, scientific evidence of anti-UM activity ... The present study aimed to characterize the chemical composition of PVE and evaluate the pharmacodynamics and mechanism of PVE ... P. vulgaris L. is regarded as a good option for treating uterine myoma (UM). However, scientific evidence of anti-UM activity ...
Largest myomaSubmucous myomaRetrospective cohorHysterectomyMenorrhagiaSubmucosalTypes of myomasAdenomyosisFibroidsEndometrialObstetricsFibroidInfertilityType of myomaMenstrualTumorLarge myomasSmall myomasMultiple myomasCervicalUnderwentPostoperativeAbstractClinicalComplicationsUterine volumePelvic PressurePregnanciesUltrasoundCohort studyTumors typicallyPrevalenceWomenRobot-assisted laparoscopicResectionEndometriosisObservational studySurgicalProspectiveTransvaginalFindingsDiagnosisTissueSymptomsINTERVENTION
- The present results indicate that leaving laser-enucleated submucous myoma in the uterine cavity is a feasible and safe therapeutic option. (upf.edu)
- You can also cause formation of a submucous myoma. (bigsurlandtrust.org)
- Endometriosis is commonly found in the endometrium superficial to a submucous myoma and may manifest with all of its classic findings: pain, fever, and uterine tenderness. (glowm.com)
- We present a case of a 36-year-old woman (Gravida 0, Para 0) with abnormal uterine bleeding-leiomyoma and resultant anemia, undergoing hysteroscopic resection of a large submucous myoma. (medworm.com)
- Sex Differences in Long-Term Cardiovascular Outcomes Among Patients With Acute Myocardial Infarction: A Population-Based Retrospective Cohort Study. (medscape.com)
- N. (of or relating to a retrospective cohort study in experimental studies of contraceptive efficacy with bilateral sensorineural hearing pulsatile: Carotid stenosis, arteriovenous loss from the transected end of the pelvis as described by the thyroidal uptake before administration of primaquine, only a small object such as exists in two ways: Where drug is not so metabolised. (bigsurlandtrust.org)
- DENVER -- Women with a body mass index outside the normal range -- either higher or lower -- have worse outcomes from in vitro fertilization, a retrospective cohort study showed. (medpagetoday.com)
- Safety of laparoscopic surgery for benign diseases during pregnancy: a nationwide retrospective cohort study. (bioportfolio.com)
- However, if myomas are large, removal of the entire uterus (hysterectomy) may be necessary. (merckmanuals.com)
- All women underwent hysterectomy or excision of the myoma and histologic diagnosis of a benign uterine myoma was made for all of them. (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- Biopsy can be done during hysterectomy in order to study the tissue involved in the mutation. (nursingcrib.com)
- This is a case study of a patient who died within a year from the "rapid progression" of glandular cancer only a year after receiving manual morcellation during a laparoscopic hysterectomy. (monheit.com)
- The subject of this study suffered from heavy pelvic bleeding and sought treatment by a laparoscopic hysterectomy aided by a power morcellator. (monheit.com)
- Around 600,000 women in the United States each year undergo a hysterectomy operation, with benign reasons such as menorrhagia, myoma uteri, pelvic pain and uterine prolapse being the major indications . (termedia.pl)
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy is a surgical method mainly used for benign disease, particularly uterine myoma, adenomyosis, endometrial hyperplasia, and emmeniopathy. (oatext.com)
- Sessions on treatment for myomas, or benign tumors of the uterus, were some of the most well-attended due to the current trend toward uterus-conserving procedures unlike the past standard of care being that of hysterectomy for fibroids which was embraced by many even as recently as five years ago. (bioworld.com)
- ANCHOR=],[LINK=]) , ([FOOTNOTE=Aydin C, Yildiz A, Kasap B, Yetimalar H, Kucuk I, Soylu F. Efficacy of electrosurgical bipolar vessel sealing for abdominal hysterectomy with uterine myomas more than 14 weeks in size: a randomized controlled trial. (medtronic.com)
- Randomized study of bipolar vessel sealing system versus conventional suture ligature for vaginal hysterectomy. (medtronic.com)
- A total hysterectomy was performed and histopathological examination of specimens confirmed myoma and ectopic pregnancy. (biomedcentral.com)
- A review of the literature by Buttram and Reiter 1 reveals that 30% of patients with myomas present with menstrual abnormalities, predominantly menorrhagia. (glowm.com)
- Understanding of the pathogenesis of this symptom is lacking, because only 5% of myomas are submucous and could not account directly for the menorrhagia. (glowm.com)
- Interference of myomas with uterine contractility may also explain the occurrence of menorrhagia in the absence of submucous myomas. (glowm.com)
- Recent studies contend that menorrhagia associated with myomas is related to endometrial changes caused by the myoma, 2 venous congestion, 3 and the increased surface area of the endometrial cavity in the presence of myomas. (glowm.com)
- Tsuda A, Kanaoka Y. Outpatient transcervical microwave myolysis assisted by transabdominal ultrasonic guidance for menorrhagia caused by submucosal myomas. (harvard.edu)
- Authors' reply: Rates of subsequent surgery following endometrial ablation among English women with menorrhagia: population-based cohort study. (harvard.edu)
- The three-year cumulative probability of recurrent menorrhagia was 30 percent and was not influenced by the type of myoma. (aafp.org)
- Improvement in symptoms, especially menorrhagia, and shrinkage of uterine volume and dominant myoma seemed to be more pronounced in women with decreased than in those without decreased CA 125 after treatment (p = 0.045). (elsevier.com)
- Uterine synechiae after bipolar hysteroscopic resection of submucosal myomas in patients with infertility. (biomedsearch.com)
- RESULT(S): The submucosal myomas were intracavitary class 0 (n = 12), intramural class 1 (n = 19), and intramural class 2 (n = 22). (biomedsearch.com)
- Outpatient multimodality management of large submucosal myomas using transvaginal radiofrequency myolysis. (biomedsearch.com)
- In the present retrospective observational study, we report our experience with a group of patients who underwent transvaginal radiofrequency myolysis (RFM) with or without combined hysteroscopy for large submucosal leiomyomas with a substantial intramural portion, with an emphasis on the safety and efficacy of this procedure in the outpatient department. (biomedsearch.com)
- CONCLUSIONS: Radiofrequency myolysis with or without hysteroscopy is an effective treatment modality for patients with large myomas with deep intramural positioning, and it seems safe for all patients with submucosal myoma-related symptoms. (biomedsearch.com)
- Tsuda A, Kanaoka Y. Submyometrial vasopressin injection before microwave ablation of vascular-rich submucosal myomas: a preliminary case study. (harvard.edu)
Types of myomas2
- Female volunteers, 18-year old or older, with uterine fibroids were eligible for the study. (hindawi.com)
- Uterine fibroids, also known as leiomyomas or myomas, are the most common benign uterine neoplasms, especially over the age of 30. (springer.com)
- Earlier studies suggest women who eat more meat are at a heightened risk for fibroids. (ask4ufe.com)
- PregLem announced positive Phase III data from its second pivotal study (PEARL I) for its lead product Esmya (ulipristal acetate), as an effective treatment for uterine fibroids (myoma). (bionity.com)
- PregLem announced positive Phase III results of EsmyaTM(ulipristal acetate) for the treatment of symptomatic uterine fibroids (myoma). (bionity.com)
- Why fibroids develops a mystery, although some studies indicate a genetic component. (4collegewomen.org)
- A retrospective study provides preliminary evidence that laparoscopic radiofrequency ablation for fibroids may be safe for future pregnancies. (mdedge.com)
- But no genetic study taking into account polymorphism of COL1A2 in uterine fibroids has been undertaken. (frontiersin.org)
- In this study, repeated dinucleotide GT n of intron 1 COL1A2 was highlighted in 55 patients with uterine fibroids (UF). (frontiersin.org)
- Uterine fibroids (UF), more commonly known as myomas or uterine leiomyomas, are the most common benign tumors of female reproductive organs. (frontiersin.org)
- If vaginal expulsion of submucous fibroids can be viewed as a side effect, we should pay close attention to women with submucous myomas, especially within 2 months of LAUD. (elsevier.com)
- This study concluded that the most common uterine abnormality was endometrial polyp (18.4%), followed by uterine septum in 6.9% of patients. (who.int)
- In controlled clinical studies, LUPRON DEPOT 3.75 mg monthly for six months was shown to be comparable to danazol 800 mg/day in relieving the clinical sign/symptoms of endometriosis (pelvic pain, dysmenorrhea, dyspareunia, pelvic tenderness, and induration) and in reducing the size of endometrial implants as evidenced by laparoscopy. (nih.gov)
- 1 , 8 , 11 Endometrial vascular disturbance and inflammation associated with myomas can also result in implantation failure or miscarriage. (glowm.com)
- Spontaneous abortion may result from increased uterine irritability, altered blood supply to the endometrium, and distortion of the endometrial cavity with subsequent interference with implantation, and molecular changes in the endometrium overlying the myoma. (glowm.com)
- Moreover, in a randomized study of a low-dose vaginal estradiol ring delivering estradiol 7.5 µg/day, estradiol levels increased less than 1 pg/mL above baseline ( P =0.59)and endometrial lining thickness at 12 months was similar to baseline, with a mean (SD) change of −0.14 (0.53) mm ( P =0.54). (cbw.com)
- Collectively, these studies demonstrate that low-dose vaginal estrogen therapy, including assessments of three different estradiol preparations at 12 months of evaluation, does not seem to have significant endometrial impact beyond the local vaginal estrogenic effects. (cbw.com)
- Further studies can include ultrasound, CT, MRI - but cost must be weighed against benefit, endometrial sampling or D & C (especially when dealing with an older pt to exclude possibility of cancerous growth), and hysteroscopy (allows direct visualization of the fibroid - especially submucus type). (ispub.com)
- Although the risk of any myoma being cancerous is extremely low, he said he feels it is important to first rule out cancer by performing an endometrial biopsy. (bioworld.com)
- OBJECTIVE: The aim of our study was to analyze a group of patients referred for endometrial biopsy. (bvsalud.org)
- INTERVENTION(S): Patients underwent bipolar hysteroscopic resection of myomas between 2001 and 2006, and an outpatient hysteroscopy was performed 2 months after the fibroid resection. (biomedsearch.com)
- The goal of this program is to inform nurses about uterine myomas (also known as uterine fibroid tumors), the most common tumors affecting the female reproductive tract. (nurse.com)
- Studies have shown that women who eat more dairy are at a reduced fibroid risk. (ask4ufe.com)
- Out of 941 patients who underwent the uterine fibroid treatment involving use of a morcellator, 10, or 1.1% were later diagnosed with uterine sarcomas or parasitic myomas. (aboutlawsuits.com)
- Between June 2009 and April 2013, all outpatients with symptomatic myomatosis (bleeding, pelvic pain, and infertility) assessed ultrasonographically were eligible to participate in a prospective study. (upf.edu)
- Data conflict about whether IUD use is associated with infertility among nulliparous women, although well-conducted studies suggest no increased risk ( 1--9 ). (cdc.gov)
- 1 , 2 Any or all of these findings could explain how myomas cause infertility. (glowm.com)
- Infertility patients with myomas need to be evaluated in the same fashion as any infertility patient. (glowm.com)
- Despite the many studies reporting normal and uncomplicated pregnancies in patients who received this treatment - , the main discussion around the use of AEM is about its possible effects on the endometrium that could lead to infertility. (scirp.org)
- Very small myomas may not cause infertility, but this fact is not clear. (healthcaremagic.com)
- Also, infertility depends on the position and number of myomas. (healthcaremagic.com)
- Study and management of Infertility and endocrine disorders. (nmc.ae)
- Maternal and Paternal Infertility Disorders and Treatments and Autism Spectrum Disorder: Findings from the Study to Explore Early Development. (semanticscholar.org)
Type of myoma3
- She performed a Meta analysis using the Cochrane library to attempt to determine how each type of myoma procedure would affect future pregnancies. (bioworld.com)
- The type of myoma did not appear to influence the probability of recurrence. (aafp.org)
- Some infertile patients conceived following surgery, with rates between 16 and 46 percent, depending on the type of myoma resected. (aafp.org)
- Studies show an average reduction of 20-46% in menstrual blood flow. (medscape.com)
- Diagnosis and management of most frequent gynaecological disorders like abnormal vaginal bleeding, menstrual disorders, HPV, myomas, ovarian cysts. (nmc.ae)
- Vercellini and colleagues studied the long-term effect of the procedure on menstrual patterns and fertility. (aafp.org)
- Our research group has developed human myoma tumor tissue based models (myoma discs and myogel) which already are widely used for cancer invasion studies. (helsinki.fi)
- In cases that the myoma cannot be completely diagnosed with transvaginal ultrasound, a magnetic resonance imaging is used in order to help in assessing the depth of the tumor. (nursingcrib.com)
- Introduction: Myoma is the most common pelvic tumor and an enormous healthcare concern in women. (who.int)
- The comparison of the saturation values in the biomagnetic recordings of large and small myomas may be a valuable tool in the evaluation of functional changes in their dynamic behavior. (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- Some studies have supported the advantages of administration of GnRH analogs before operation since these medications have the potential to decrease the volume of distension fluid and the overall surgical time, but some other literatures have shown that these analogs may increase the recurrence of myomas because they make small myomas less visible during the surgery [ 5 , 6 ]. (alliedacademies.org)
- Cervical myomas are smooth, benign tumors in the cervix. (merckmanuals.com)
- Large cervical myomas may partially block the urinary tract or may protrude (prolapse) into the vagina. (merckmanuals.com)
- Most cervical myomas eventually cause symptoms. (merckmanuals.com)
- Patients with aborting myomas present with uterine cramps, abdominal pain, fever, and vaginal bleeding, and a mass can be seen protruding through the cervical os. (glowm.com)
- All patients underwent office hysteroscopic enucleation of submucous myomas. (upf.edu)
- Furthermore, a lower risk of ovarian cancer was observed in women who underwent surgical removal of the uterine myoma. (bvsalud.org)
- STUDY DESIGN: This was a case series of 7 patients with CSP-II who underwent laparoscopic surgery without auxiliary treatment between April 2014 and April 2015. (medworm.com)
- Patients who underwent LAVH for uterine disease at Inje University Haeundae Paik Hospital between March 2010 and June 2015 were included in this retrospective study. (oatext.com)
- A clinical study on the difference among proteinuria components in preeclampsia and pregnancies complicated with chronic nephrosis. (amedeo.com)
- Surveillance for improvement is based on clinical presentation, with little ability for surveillance through imaging studies. (medscape.com)
- A study from athens4 found a regimen containing h + r + -itikos resembling or marked by] phonics n. 1 a person invests money instead of tests in health and clinical findings depend on: Amount of volume loss replacement methods normal urine are essentially the same. (bigsurlandtrust.org)
- The results of a study published by the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 1 may surprise you. (ask4ufe.com)
- The variation on number, size, and location of myomas results in a spectrum of clinical symptoms and signs. (glowm.com)
- Several OVs, including poxviruses, are currently in preclinical and clinical studies and have shown to be effective in treating metastatic cancer types. (cancerjournal.net)
- This pilot clinical trial studies how well contrast-enhanced subharmonic ultrasound imaging works in improving the characterization of adnexal masses in patients undergoing surgery. (bioportfolio.com)
- Clinical investigations ( 3 - 12 ) and recent case-control ( 13 , 14 ) and retrospective cohort ( 15 - 17 ) studies have found that women with endometriosis face an ∼2-fold increased risk of developing ovarian cancers. (aacrjournals.org)
- clinical examination (abdominal and bimanual examination) may reveal characteristic qualities of a myoma: large, midline, mobile pelvic mass with an irregular contour and a "hard" or "solid" feel. (ispub.com)
- in a 17-case pilot study using 2.5 mg doses of mifepristone obtain lesser reductions in uterine volume, but a similar quality of life in comparison with 5 mg mifepristone [ 11 ]. (hindawi.com)
- There was no change in uterine volume or enlargement of preexisting myomas across 12 months. (cbw.com)
- Symptoms were improved and uterine volume and dominant myoma were reduced by LBCUV. (elsevier.com)
- Methods, participants and setting A historical cohort study based on data from the Danish National Birth Cohort, the Danish National Patient Registry and the Danish National Birth Registry (DNBR). (bmj.com)
- Uterine myoma is associated with an increased risk of lung cancer: A nationwide population-based cohort study. (medscape.com)
- If a myoma blocks the flow of urine, women may have a hesitant start when urinating, dribble at the end of urination, and retain urine. (merckmanuals.com)
- If only the myoma is removed, women can still bear children. (merckmanuals.com)
- This study aimed to assess the association between women with previous uterine myoma and the risk of ovarian cancer. (bvsalud.org)
- The results revealed that a significantly higher risk of ovarian cancer in women with previous uterine myoma, through an indirect mechanism. (bvsalud.org)
- Twenty-four women were included in the study. (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- The study group consisted of 24 premenopausal women who were planed to undergo laparotomy because of symptomatic myomas. (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- Uterine myomas are the most common solid pelvic tumors in women of reproductive age. (nurse.com)
- Among 20% to 50% women may have myoma uteri. (nursingcrib.com)
- Nomogram predicting the likelihood of live-birth rate after surgery for deep infiltrating endometriosis without bowel involvement in women who wish to conceive: A retrospective study. (amedeo.com)
- The first pivotal trial (M12-665) was a 24-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study evaluating the safety and efficacy of Elagolix in 872 women, age 18 to 49, with moderate to severe endometriosis-associated pain. (centerwatch.com)
- Together, these two studies evaluated the safety and efficacy of Elagolix in nearly 1,700 women. (centerwatch.com)
- Repros Therapeutics released results of a phase II study of Proellex for the treatment of premenopausal women with confirmed symptomatic endometriosis. (centerwatch.com)
- This study corroborated previous evidence of higher uterine leiomyomas risk in women with darker skin color, and further suggest that life-course socioeconomic position adversity does not influence this association. (scielosp.org)
- Wise and colleagues of the Slone Epidemiology Center at Boston University and the Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine looked at food questionnaire data, particularly fat intake, from over 12,000 premenopausal women participating in the Black Women's Health Study from 2001-2009. (ask4ufe.com)
- Within 7-12 weeks of therapy, a meta-analysis of prospective and retrospective studies that * necessarily menstruating women (see dysuria in women. (bigsurlandtrust.org)
- A retrospective analysis of 43 women who became pregnant after undergoing laparoscopic radiofrequency ablation of symptomatic myomas. (mdedge.com)
- To date, most studies of these relationships have been retrospective, raising issues of recall bias (spurious reporting of endometriosis or leiomyomas among women affected with cancer) and preventing accurate estimates of risks over time. (aacrjournals.org)
- These concerns are supported by at least one case-control study showing that women with leiomyomas are at an ∼3-fold increased risk of developing subsequent uterine malignancies ( 23 ). (aacrjournals.org)
- Nineteen studies were included in our systematic review with a total number of 3,900 women. (ovid.com)
- Thirty-four women required more than one surgery to complete myoma removal. (aafp.org)
- The conception rates were 46 percent in women with pedunculated lesions, 33 percent in those with sessile myomas and 16 percent in women treated for intramural lesions. (aafp.org)
- Five hundred twenty women with symptomatic myomas warranting surgical treatment, who wished to retain their uteri. (elsevier.com)
- Forty-six women (age 30-50 yrs) with symptomatic myomas and elevated CA 125 level. (elsevier.com)
- Myomas are observed in about 3-12% of pregnant women. (semanticscholar.org)
- About one third of all women over 30 years of age are affected by myomas. (weltjournal.de)
- The study was a double-blind study with endometriosis defined as a baseline BBSS Score (Biberoglu and Behrman Symptom Score) of seven or greater. (centerwatch.com)
- Epidemiologic studies show fat intake to be correlated with other hormone-driven illnesses like endometriosis, cancers of the endometrium, and ovarian. (ask4ufe.com)
- In a pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic study of endometriosis patients, intramuscular 11.25 mg LUPRON DEPOT (n=19) every 12 weeks or intramuscular 3.75 mg LUPRON DEPOT (n=15) every 4 weeks was administered for 24 weeks. (nih.gov)
- one study found elevated risks of ovarian cancer even ≥10 years following a diagnosis of endometriosis ( 16 ). (aacrjournals.org)
- A prospective multicenter study of immediate function of 1-piece implants: A 3-year follow-up report. (biomedsearch.com)
- Current factors affecting the risk of omphalitis in newborns: A prospective case-control study. (medscape.com)
- Complication of hysteroscopy: a prospective, multicenter study. (springer.com)
- Prospective study of dietary fat and risk of uterine leiomyomata. (ask4ufe.com)
- A prospective study of dairy intake and risk of uterine leiomyomata. (ask4ufe.com)
- Prospective, longitudinal study (Canadian Task Force classification II-1). (elsevier.com)
- This procedure, called transvaginal ultrasonography, is also done to check for blockage of urine flow and for additional myomas. (merckmanuals.com)
- The diagnosis of myomas was made by use of bimanual gynecologic examination as well as with both transabdominal and transvaginal gray-scale sonography. (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- This differential diagnosis is the same as for patients who do not have myomas, except for the entity of degenerating myomas. (glowm.com)
- In addition, imaging studies such as ultrasonography, MRI (magnetic resonance imagery), and CT (computed tomography) may be useful in confirming the diagnosis. (4collegewomen.org)
- Myomas are benign tumors composed partly of muscle tissue. (merckmanuals.com)
- Studies that support this allegation provide evidence that morcellators tend to disperse ground-up tissue and either speculate about or directly infer the possibility of spreading cancer if malignant tissue is morcellated. (monheit.com)
- Formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue samples from normal myometrium, leiomyomas and leiomyosarcomas were studied. (uni-muenchen.de)
- ConclusionThis study allowed us, by removing the entire septum as a whole structure, to redefine the concept of the septum as a complex structure based on islands of muscle fibers irregularly arranged in vertex, in a context of collagen tissue, similar to the structure of myomas. (medworm.com)
- Myomas that cause symptoms can be removed surgically. (merckmanuals.com)
- If myomas are small and do not cause any symptoms, no treatment is needed. (merckmanuals.com)
- Approximately 20-50% of myomas produce symptoms, but many patients are asymptomatic. (glowm.com)
- This study was designed to determine whether reflexology treatment can significantly reduce premenstrual symptoms compared to a placebo treatment. (pacificreflexology.com)