Subset of helper-inducer T-lymphocytes which synthesize and secrete interleukin-2, gamma-interferon, and interleukin-12. Due to their ability to kill antigen-presenting cells and their lymphokine-mediated effector activity, Th1 cells are associated with vigorous delayed-type hypersensitivity reactions.
A state in western Australia. Its capital is Perth. It was first visited by the Dutch in 1616 but the English took possession in 1791 and permanent colonization began in 1829. It was a penal settlement 1850-1888, became part of the colonial government in 1886, and was granted self government in 1890. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p1329)
A state in south central Australia. Its capital is Adelaide. It was probably first visited by F. Thyssen in 1627. Later discoveries in 1802 and 1830 opened up the southern part. It became a British province in 1836 with this self-descriptive name and became a state in 1901. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p1135)
Red flag warning
A strong Santa Ana wind event is expected tonight through Thursday, and could be one of the strongest of recent memory. ... A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior. && $$ ... A RED FLAG WARNING IS ISSUED WHEN DRY LIGHTNING OR THE COMBINATION OF STRONG WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITIES ARE IMMINENT OR OCCURRING ... Extreme' warning issued ahead of hurricane-force Santa Ana winds, the strongest since 2007 "Three Wildfire Terms You Should ...
Particularly dangerous situation
Location and timing of strongest wind gusts...The strongest wind gusts will be along the 395 corridor tonight into Wednesday ... A WIND CHILL WARNING MEANS THE COMBINATION OF VERY COLD AIR AND STRONG WINDS WILL CREATE DANGEROUSLY LOW WIND CHILL VALUES. ... A WIND CHILL WARNING MEANS THE COMBINATION OF VERY COLD AIR AND STRONG WINDS WILL CREATE DANGEROUSLY LOW WIND CHILL VALUES. ... In addition to the risk of strong tornadoes, very large hail and damaging winds are likely in the strongest cells. The tornado ...
Under Planing Conditions (strong winds, more than appr. 12 kts or 6 m/s). ... Fall Recovery: In strong winds it is difficult to uphaul the sail (pulling it out of the water while standing on the board) so ... Generally, a sail is trimmed more (flatter shape) for stronger winds. More downhaul tension loosens the upper part of the leech ... 4.2 Under Planing Conditions (strong winds, more than appr. 12 kts or 6 m/s) ...
Tornado outbreak sequence of May 2003
Large hail and strong winds were reported across south-central Nebraska on May 4, including gusts as strong as 80 mph (130 km/h ... Eastern Oklahoma was impacted by tornadoes and strong thunderstorms on May 4. Strong winds reportedly tumbled four to six rail ... Atop the northward surface winds, the upper-level jet stream blew almost perpendicular, creating strong wind shear across ... with a maximum occurring in western Missouri The SPC received 869 reports of strong winds or wind damage, including a maximum ...
"Four Strong Winds". Madlidasan. Retrieved 8 November 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Williams, Mark. "Retrospect ... While he had lost most of the influence he possessed prior to 1888, Uto remained strong in local politics and tried to gain the ...
List of Southern Hemisphere tornadoes and tornado outbreaks
1] "Tornadoes of Africa". For Strong Winds. For Strong Winds. October 2013. Retrieved 9 October 2013.  de Coning, E; Adam B ... "For Strong Winds: Tornadoes of Australia and New Zealand". Islandnet.com. Retrieved 2014-01-22. "EMA Disasters Database". ...
Master Man (Fawcett Comics)
The leader character in the anthology Master Comics, he was described as "...the world's greatest hero: Master Man! Stronger ... than untamed horses! Swifter than raging winds! Braver than mighty lions! Wiser than wisdom, kind as Galahad is Master Man, the ... The boy becomes the strongest man on earth! Upon the highest mountain peak he built a solid castle made of solid rock! From ... there he sees all evil in the world and races to destroy it instantly!" Master Man could not fly but was super strong and could ...
"Duo defy strong winds". Daily Express. 29 August 2009. "Team Ireland Golf Trust announces grants". Raidió Teilifís Éireann. 23 ...
Hurricane Calvin (1993)
"Strong winds lash Acapulco". The Times-News. Associated Press. July 7, 1993. p. 7. Retrieved May 11, 2013. CS1 maint: ... Banana, mango, and corn plantations were also destroyed by the strong winds. Coconut trees were reportedly brought down as well ... via Lexis Nexis (subscription required) Bill Comier (July 6, 1993). "Strong Winds Lash Acapulco as Hurricane Calvin Heads ... via Lexis Nexis (subscription required) "Strong Winds Lash Acapulco as Hurricane Calvin Heads Toward Coast". International news ...
1933 Treasure Coast hurricane
The storm produced the strongest winds in the city since the 1928 Okeechobee hurricane. Winds were not as strong farther from ... strong winds leveled the old Olympia Inn, a gas station, and the second floor of a pharmaceutical building. Winds also tore the ... Strong winds snapped many light poles in the city, and trees and shrubs were broken or uprooted. As in Lake Worth, officials in ... In Florida, the strong winds of the cyclone blew buildings off their foundations, and numerous trees were prostrated in citrus ...
Sharp, Scott (May 10, 2006). "Pushing for a strong finish". The Oklahoman. p. 3C. Giles, Les (April 2, 2007). "The winds of ...
... with an average of 12.5 days of strong winds. The least windy month is September, with 7 days of strong winds. In winter, the ... One distinctive feature of the Toulon climate is the wind, with 115 days a year of strong winds; usually either the cold and ... See Winds of Provence.) The windiest month is January, ... was built in 1604-1610 to protect ships from the wind and sea. ... characterised by abundant and strong sunshine, dry summers, and rain which is rare but sometimes torrential; and by hot summers ...
Wind; these clouds may produce strong winds especially during a downburst Hail; these clouds can sometimes produce hail The ... Strong updrafts may form pileus or thin vertical stripes may protrude upwards out of the cloud. When upper parts of the cloud ... extensive wind damage, microbursts, hail, and occasionally a tornado. v t e. ... cumulonimbus calvus can further grow larger if the updraft is strong. It can form into a cumulonimbus incus, and bring more ...
Francena H. Arnold
Moody published her next six novels: Then Am I Strong (1951), Three Shall Be One (1953), The Road Winds On (1955), Jack-O'- ... "Then Am I Strong". Library of Congress Catalog Record. Moody Press. Retrieved 2 February 2013. Arnold, Francena. "Three Shall ... "The Road Winds On". Library of Congress Catalog Record. Moody Press. Retrieved 2 February 2013. Arnold, Francena. "Jack-o'- ...
North Tibetan Plateau-Kunlun Mountains alpine desert
Winds are strong and persistent. The harsh environment supports only specialized plants and animals capable of managing the ...
Effects of the 1947 Fort Lauderdale hurricane in Florida
Strong winds unroofed the 11,000-seat Hialeah race track, damaging its barns and paddocks and leaving many of its famed ... Although it was north of the strongest winds, West Palm Beach was battered by conditions equivalent to a Category 2 hurricane; ... "Strong Winds Expected Here Today". Daytona Beach Morning Journal. September 16, 1947. "Hurricane Warnings Issued, Lauderdale to ... Yet while Fort Lauderdale suffered the majority of losses, this was because the strongest winds affected smaller communities to ...
2008-09 Australian bushfire season
Strong winds initially made containing the fire difficult. In Western Australia, bushfires were started by lightning strikes in ... The dry conditions and high temperatures were paired with strong wind gusts of 100-120 km/h and by mid afternoon hundreds of ... The fire was driven by high temperatures (43 degrees Celsius; 109 degrees Fahrenheit) and strong north-westerly winds. A total ... "Strong winds fan Flinders fire". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. 15 September 2008. Retrieved 27 August 2010. " ...
Hurricane Gordon (2006)
Its motion became just south of due east, causing the strongest winds to remain south of the islands. Around 09:00 UTC on ... The remnants of Gordon affected the United Kingdom with strong winds, including gusts to 97 km/h (60 mph) in the Isles of ... Initially, the NHC faced difficulties in forecasting the future of the system due to the potential for resumed strong wind ... While passing northwest of Spain, the remnants of Gordon produced strong wind gusts, reaching 183 km/h (114 mph) at Punta ...
List of sources of the National Christmas Tree (United States)
"Strong Winds Topple National Christmas." Associated Press. February 19, 2011. Office of Communications. "National Park Service ...
Aviogenex Flight 130
Strong winds worsened the situation. The wind was also blowing in a direction from the tail to the nose, further slowing the ...
Flora of the Sierra Nevada alpine zone
Winds are strong and constant. The constant wind makes unsheltered areas colder than sheltered spots, depositing snow in some ... Above the tree line, extreme winds preclude tree-like growth. Constant winds hitting the plants limits their size and flattens ... The constant wind increases loss of water from the plants to the atmosphere (transpiration). Sunlight is intense. Soils are ... The plants are influenced by having to endure long and very cold winters, poor to no soils, constant high winds, intense ...
2009 Great Britain and Ireland floods
On 14 November, strong winds and showers affected southern Great Britain, with winds gusting up to 50 miles per hour (80 km/h) ... "Strong winds prompt lorry parking". BBC News Online. 18 November 2009. Archived from the original on 21 November 2009. ... In Kent, ferry services from Dover were affected by strong winds on 18 November. Services operated by LD Lines, Norfolkline, P& ... Éanna Ó Caollaí (25 November 2009). "Dublin airport hit by strong winds". The Irish Times. Retrieved 27 November 2009. Fergus ...
Strong winds of 25 km/h were also recorded. The cloudy and chilly weather also affected people and crops. On December 3, the ... "Strong winds, heavy rains lash Matara". The Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). November 29, 2017. Retrieved December 4, 2017. "Rains, ... The Department of Meteorology also issued a weather advisory for heavy rain, strong winds, and rough seas on the morning of ... The disturbance was located within an area of warm sea surface temperatures and moderate to strong vertical wind shear, with ...
National Christmas Tree (United States)
New, stronger cables were used to help brace the tree against high winds. The bronze plaque at the base of the tree was altered ... "Strong Winds Topple National Christmas." ''Associated Press.'' February 19, 2011". Washingtonpost.com. Retrieved May 15, 2012.[ ... Gravel was placed in each engine and car so that wind could not blow them off the tracks. By 2008, sponsorship of the train had ... The weekend before the tree lighting ceremony, the tree blew over in high winds and several cut branches had to be attached to ...
... strong winds (especially in spring); and monsoonal influence. The coldest month is January, with a daily mean of −11.0 °C (12.2 ... In 127 BC, it was from Yunzhong that General Wei Qing led a 40,000-men strong cavalry force and conquered the modern Hetao and ... Just northeast of Guihua the Qing built the strong garrison town of Suiyuan (traditional Chinese: 綏遠; simplified Chinese: 绥远; ...
Winter storm warning
... all of the above warning types may also include verbiage indicative of a wind advisory to indicate strong winds that are ... Strong winds are also expected. && $$ Severe weather terminology (United States) "Winter Storm Warning In Effect". WDOR. 2014- ... "winter storm warning for heavy wet snow and strong winds"). The generic "winter storm warning" terminology may be used on its ... Winter Storm Warnings can include verbiage indicative of a wind chill advisory or a wind chill warning, if potentially life- ...
2005 Indaiatuba tornado
At least 400 houses were damaged; and strong winds knocked down walls, roofs, metal structures, poles, sheds, and trees. There ... The wind tossed parts of the roofs of several sheds, which were found at a distance of up to three kilometers. Some structures ... The winds surpassed 125 mph. Three high-voltage towers were destroyed by the tornado in the region near the Toyota building. In ... The force of the wind knocked down and derailed 18 wagons that were empty and parked on the Ferroban lines in the Pimenta ...
Wee Jeck Seng
Tan, Joceline (2 June 2010). "Winds of change in Cabinet". The Star. Star Publications. Retrieved 4 June 2010. "Touting Malay ... wave, doctor poses strongest challenge yet to MCA's last bastion". Malaysiakini. 5 May 2018. Retrieved 22 July 2018. "Barisan ...
ŚLIWIŃSKA, MAŁGORZATA; Ciaranek, Dominika (2015). "VERY STRONG FOEHN WINDS IN THE TATRA MOUNTAINS (POLISH CARPATHIAN MOUNTAINS ... In May 1968 a destructive halny known as Wind of the Century where winds reportedly reached 288 km/h, destroyed large areas of ... when denoting the wind. Wind is of masculine gender in Polish: wiatr. The terms halny and wiatr halny are synonymous. Halny is ... Halny[Note 1] is a foehn wind that blows in southern Poland and in Slovakia in the Tatra Mountains of the Carpathians. The most ...
Colloquial Welsh adjectives
du); gwyntoedd cryfion - 'strong winds' (sing. cryf. But in normal everyday speech (and writing) 'black horses' would be ... strong mares'. and masculine plurals never cause mutation: tai bychan - 'small houses', etc. However, these feminine forms of ... wind'] niwlog - 'foggy' [< niwl 'fog'] The -us suffix forms adjs. from nouns: anffodus - 'unfortunate' [< anffawd 'misfortune, ... ceffylau du not ceffylau duon; 'strong objections' would be gwrthwynebiadau cryf not ... cryfion. One adjective, however, which ...
"WIND - AVERAGE SPEED (mph)". Department of Meteorology, University of Utah. 1993. Archived from the original on December 9, ... "Wide Ike and shallow coast mean strong surge". NBC News. September 12, 2008. Houston is buffered by Galveston Island - which ... Prevailing winds from the south and southeast bring heat from the deserts of Mexico and moisture from the Gulf of Mexico. ... The city's proximity to the bay and the winds that it generates moderate the area's temperatures and ease the effects of the ...
While there, enjoying a whirlwind social life, she met the playwright George S. Kaufman, who was in a strong but open marriage ... but her small part in a dream sequence wound up on the cutting room floor. Paramount let her contract lapse. She then appeared ...
The alternative sector is a highly profitable industry with a strong lobby, and faces far less regulation over the use and ... Alternative medicine is a highly profitable industry, with a strong lobby. This fact is often overlooked by media or ... and some aspects of standard care do not have a strong evidence base." ...
Each would try to wound the other on the head, shoulders, or back, by stabbing or tearing with his upper canines. The fight is ... It appears that the deer's strong preference for a particular habitat - tall reed and grass areas in rich alluvial deltas - has ...
Maria-sama ga Miteru
Critics have praised the series for its strong characterization, even among peripheral characters, and for its emphasis on ... Shining Tears X Wind (2007). *Tōka Gettan (2007). *You're Under Arrest: Full Throttle (2007-2008) ...
Wikipedia:In the news/Candidates/December 2006
Writing in caps lock doesn't make your arguments any stronger, and Wikipedia is not a chat room. Yes, simply receiving a large ... "Prevailing winds could then send the ice island southwards, deep into the Beaufort Sea. "Over the next few years this ice ...
Strong wind forces may result in diminished leaf number and surface area, which while reducing drag, involves a trade off of ... Divided and compound leaves reduce wind resistance and promote cooling.. *Hairs on the leaf surface trap humidity in dry ... Plants respond and adapt to environmental factors, such as light and mechanical stress from wind. Leaves need to support their ... Both leaf blade and petiole structure influence the leaf's response to forces such as wind, allowing a degree of repositioning ...
At this distance the solar wind becomes strong enough to blow the gas and dust away from the coma, enlarging the tail. ... The X-rays are thought to be generated by the interaction between comets and the solar wind: when highly charged ions fly ... The solar wind plays a minor role in the destruction of water compared to photochemistry. Larger dust particles are left ... When the hydrogen atoms are ionized they are especially swept away by the solar wind. ...
... are preferred for women with acne due to their stronger antiandrogenic effects. Studies have shown a 40 to 70% ... and its wound healing properties. Topical and oral preparations of zinc are suggested treatments for acne; evidence to ... Hypertrophic scars remain within the original margins of the wound, whereas keloid scars can form scar tissue outside of these ... is a procedure in which an instrument with multiple rows of tiny needles is rolled over the skin to elicit a wound healing ...
Despite strong preclinical rationale, efforts to demonstrate efficacy of SP antagonists in inflammatory disease have been ... and it was shown that substance P could promote wound healing of non-healing ulcers in humans. SP and its induced cytokines ...
Obnoviteľný zdroj energie - Wikipédia
... winds are strong and constant. On the ground, wind is often unreliable - the biggest problem for ground-based wind turbines. ... Analysis of Wind Energy in the EU-25 (EWEA Executive summary) [online]. European Wind Energy Association, [cit. 2007-03-11]. ... Evaluation of global wind power. ". Overall, the researchers calculated winds at 80 meters [300 feet] traveled over the ocean ... Global Wind Map Shows Best Wind Farm Locations (URL prístup 30. január, 2006). ...
The ingress of water is achieved by contraction of radial muscles in the mantle wall, and flapper valves shut when strong ... The haemocytes play an important role in the recognition and elimination of foreign bodies and wound repair. Captive animals ...
Everest (2015 film)
After the Wind, a book by Lou Kasischke detailing his experiences as a client on Rob Hall's expedition. ... "Sony's Sizzling 'Spectre', 'Hotel Transylvania 2' Top Charts in Strong Frame - Intl Box Office Update". Deadline Hollywood ...
The overall curvature of the roof helps protect the building from the damaging effects of strong winds. ...
They used hand, horse, wind, and water power, and made their own furniture, clothes, and other goods. The community voted to ... but has strong influences of American English. For example, the word for rhubarb is Piestengel, combining the English word "pie ...
It had strong hind limbs with short thighs and rather long feet, indicating that it was likely a swift runner. The foot had ... Because of the size and angles of the wound, it is likely that they were obtained in a fight with another Herrerasaurus. ... paleoenvironment of the Ischigualasto Formation was a volcanically active floodplain covered by forests and subject to strong ...
Battle of Lützen (1813)
Although the wound was minor, owing to the hasty retreat it could not be tended to soon enough. Infection set in and he died as ... Meanwhile, he sent Ney reinforcements which would take up strong, defensive positions in and around two villages south of the ... leading the main 110,000 strong French force, would come around the allied flank and counterattack. ... and to quickly defeat this new alliance before it became too strong. ...
... kicked up by the tornado's strong winds at the surface. The wind of the tornado has a much wider radius than the funnel itself. ... Spring and fall experience peaks of activity as those are the seasons when stronger winds, wind shear, and atmospheric ... Most tornadoes produce strong winds at the surface while the visible funnel is still above the ground, so it is difficult to ... They form when a strong convective updraft is formed near the ground on a hot day. If there is enough low level wind shear, the ...
Wind and animals dispersals are two major mechanisms involved in the dispersal of conifer seeds. Wind bore seed dispersal ... A presentation at the North American Forest Tree Nursery Soils Workshop at Syracuse in 1980 provided strong contrary evidence: ... To fertilize the ovum, the male cone releases pollen that is carried on the wind to the female cone. This is pollination. (Male ... The gymnosperm male gametophytes (pollen grains) are carried by wind to a female cone and are drawn into a tiny opening on the ...
It also has a rich equestrian heritage, which remains strong due to the influence of the many horse farms and of Myopia Hunt ... The town includes many historic houses, pastoral landscapes, and old stone walls that accompany winding tree-lined roads. ...
Death of Dale Earnhardt
confident after strong showing in Sprint All-Star Race". aol.sportingnews.com. aol.sportingnews.com. Retrieved February 5, 2013 ... As the laps wound down, Waltrip and Earnhardt, Jr. were running in first and second place, with Earnhardt Sr. behind them, ...
For example; When dandelion seeds are dispersed by wind, random distribution will often occur as the seedlings land in random ... This pattern of dispersion is characterized by the lack of any strong social interactions between species. ... Populations within a species are translocated through many methods, including dispersal by people, wind, water and animals. ...
רוח ruach (literally "wind"), נשמה neshamah (literally "breath"), חיה chayah (literally "life") and יחידה yechidah ( ... The concept of the soul has strong links with notions of an afterlife, but opinions may vary wildly even within a given ... The "sentient soul", centering on sensations, drives, and passions, with strong conative (will) and emotional components; ... The "intellectual" or "mind soul", internalizing and reflecting on outer experience, with strong affective (feeling) and ...
Bengal famine of 1943
... the movement was strongest in the Tamluk and Contai subdivisions of Midnapore district, where rural discontent was well- ... and wind and torrential rain damaged 3,200 square miles (8,300 km2). For nearly 2.5 million Bengalis, the accumulative damage ...
... and in zones where fog and strong wind are known to occur. The system comprises variable traffic signs used to communicate ...
Fluorescence in situ hybridization
Wound healing. Cellular adaptation. Atrophy. Hypertrophy. Hyperplasia. Dysplasia. Metaplasia Squamous. Glandular. Cell death. ... These secondary components are selected so that they have a strong signal. ...
On one hand, humans have a strong sense of freedom, which leads us to believe that we have free will. On the other hand ... if a person is like other mechanical things that are determined in their behavior such as a wind-up toy, a billiard ball, a ... The first one, strong theological determinism, is based on the concept of a creator deity dictating all events in history: " ... Strong theological determinism is not compatible with metaphysical libertarian free will, and is a form of hard theological ...
Wikipedia:Makala za msingi za kamusi elezo/Zote 1000, kamusi elezo huru
Strong interaction * sw:Strong interaction. Submarine * sw:Submarine. Sudan * sw:Sudan. Suez Canal * sw:Suez Canal. Sufism * sw ... Wind * sw:Upepo. Wine * sw:Divai. Winston Churchill * sw:Winston Churchill. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart * sw:Wolfgang Amadeus ...
... both of which would ultimately wind up on their reunion album Back to the Rhythm in 2007. ... The other band members have voiced their strong objection to this move and said that "Jack Russell does not have the right to ...
These forestry techniques cannot be used on species which do not possess strong epicormic growth abilities. ... such as through wind or fire. ...
Strong Winds - Wikipedia
ESA - AMASE student blog: Strong winds
The wind has blown of most of the snow from the mountains surrounding us, but due to the wind, and the fact that they cannot ... only problem is that its absolutely freezing and the wind is very strong so its almost impossible to stay on deck for more ... This afternoon around 16:00 the wind died down a bit and our management decided to take whoever wanted to, to shore. Most of us ... AMASE student blog: Strong winds. 21/08/2007 250 views 0 likes ... winds, so everything should be strapped down good for tonight ...
Four Strong Winds - Wikipedia
"Four Strong Winds" is a song written by Ian Tyson and recorded by Canadian folk duo Ian and Sylvia. Tyson has noted that he ... "Four Strong Winds / Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame Inductee". Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame. Retrieved 2019-07-28. Tyson ... Canadian singers Gordon Lightfoot and Ian Tyson perform "Alberta Bound" and Four Strong Winds. Wood, James (April 5, 2013). " ... Ian & Sylvias second Vanguard LP titled Four Strong Winds (stereo: VSD-2149; monaural: VRS-9133), released July 1963, entered ...
Storms, Strong Winds Cause Havoc Throughout Balkans
Two days of storms and strong winds have caused havoc throughout the Balkans -- flooding villages, disrupting power supplies ... In Croatia, most roads connecting the Adriatic coast with the central parts of the country were closed due to strong winds and ... Two days of storms and strong winds have caused havoc throughout the Balkans -- flooding villages, disrupting power supplies ... The winds were expected to ease during the weekend.. The Balkans are still recovering from massive flooding that killed nearly ...
Strong winds driving forest fires in southern France
Weather forecasters said strong winds would persist for another day or two days at least, heightening the risk that even spots ... Strong winds driving forest fires in southern France Updated / Tuesday, 25 Jul 2017 16:31 ... Firefighters battled wind-whipped infernos along the French Riviera coast as the flames torched vegetation on hills overlooking ...
Strong winds expected today, temperature drops
There is also a forecast for thundery rain, strong winds and high ... Strong winds are expected in parts of the country today, the ... There is also a forecast for thundery rain, strong winds and high seas in offshore areas today.. Northwesterly winds will blow ... Strong winds are expected in parts of the country today, the Qatar Met department has said. ... Offshore, too, northwesterly winds will blow at 14-23 knots, reaching a high of 30 knots at times.. The detailed forecast for ...
Strong Winds and Light Snow - December 11th-12th, 2010
... Weather.gov , Springfield, MO , Strong Winds and Light Snow - December ... Strong Winds and Light Snow - December 11th-12th National Weather Service, Springfield, MO. ... with wind chills dipping to near zero at many locations during the morning of the 12th. In addition to the gusty winds, light ... The gusty winds continued through the overnight hours and into the day on the 12th, ushering in much colder temperatures, ...
Strong winds warning from Denbighshire to Anglesey | Wales - ITV News
Wind is Japan's strongest alternative to nuclear | New Scientist
That is most likely to mean wind, according to a report released last month by the Ministry of the Environment. There is "an ... Taking into account wind strength, available land and the potential for offshore farms, the report estimates that Japan could ... "The potential of wind is huge because of the contribution from offshore generation with Japans long coastline," agrees ... At present, Japan produces just 3 per cent of its electricity from renewables: solar, wind and geothermal. Nuclear ...
Strong winds damage 200 houses in Sultan Kudarat | Philstar.com
Strong winds amid heavy rains damaged around 200 houses, toppled electric posts and uprooted trees in Tacurong City, Sultan ... KORONADAL CITY, Philippines - Strong winds amid heavy rains damaged around 200 houses, toppled electric posts and uprooted ... He said strong winds also affected several barangays in nearby President Quirino town. - John Unson ...
Australia Braces For Bushfires As Strong Winds Create Severe Conditions
... as strong winds and high temperatures created severe fire conditions. ... Australia Braces For Bushfires As Strong Winds Create "Severe" Conditions With Sydney and several other cities again cloaked in ... Australians braced for deadly bushfires to spread and intensify Tuesday, as strong winds and high temperatures created "severe ... "Westerly winds have pushed smoke toward the coast. Smoke has settled over the city of Sydney. It will continue to linger until ...
Strong winds held back birds' escapes from hunters | The Fresno Bee
Even though the howling winds arrived a few days too late, last weekends waterfowl hunting opener didnt completely disappoint ... Strong winds held back birds escapes from hunters By Marek Warszawski / The Fresno Bee ... For hunters who made it out Wednesday, the conditions were even better thanks to strong winds that hampered the birds ability ... "The wind volume was so high that it turned into one of the better hunting days well see all year." ...
Nor'easter may bring heavy snow, strong winds to NH Friday | New Hampshire
Forecasters are warning New Hampshire residents to brace for a powerful Noreaster that could bring strong winds and dump at ... Noreaster may bring heavy snow, strong winds to NH Friday. By JASON SCHREIBER. Union Leader Correspondent February 06. 2013 12 ... Jensenius said the southern and southeastern part of the state could see the highest snow totals with the strongest winds near ... Forecasters are warning New Hampshire residents to brace for a powerful Noreaster that could bring strong winds and dump at ...
Sticky when wet: Strong adhesive for wound healing | EurekAlert! Science News
A team of researchers from the Wyss Institute at Harvard University has created a super-strong tough adhesive that is non- ... sticky-when-wet-strong-adhesives-for-wound-healing More in Medicine & Health. * Reminding people about vaccinations can ... Sticky when wet: Strong adhesive for wound healing Slug-inspired, flexible medical bio-glue sticks to wet surfaces without ... Sticky when wet: Strong adhesive for wound healing. Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard ...
Strong Wound Healing Center - University of Rochester Medical Center
At the Strong Wound Healing Center, our professional staff is highly trained in the specialized, comprehensive care of problem ... Wound Healing Center at Strong West. 156 West Avenue. Brockport, NY 14420 ... Strong Wound Healing Center. 160 Sawgrass Drive, Suite 130. Rochester, NY 14620 ... If you suffer from a chronic or non-healing wound, ask your physician about a referral to our Wound Center, or contact us ...
Wound-healing biomaterials activate immune system for stronger skin | NSF - National Science Foundation
Current wound healing hydrogels available for clinical use sit on the surface of the wound, where they act as a dressing and ... creating a porous structure that provides support for cells as they grow across the wound site. As the wound closes, the gel ... "NSF funding played a major part in developing this biomaterial, which quickly degrades once a wound has closed and demonstrates ... that activating an immune response can trigger regenerative wound healing, leaving behind stronger and healthier skin," said ...
Strong Winds Cause Travel Disruption On South Coast - Heart Hampshire
Travel plans have been disrupted across the south coast this morning after strong winds and heavy rain within minutes of each ... Travel plans have been disrupted across the south coast this morning after strong winds and heavy rain within minutes of each ... Engineers are working to restore power after strong winds brought down power lines across Hampshire and Dorest this morning ... Strong Winds Cause Travel Disruption On South Coast. 29 December 2017, 05:08 ...
Queenslanders warned to brace for weekend flooding and strong wind
Queenslanders are being urged to brace for flooding and damaging winds this weekend as a wet weather system makes its way ... Queenslanders are being urged to brace for flooding and damaging winds this weekend as a wet weather system makes its way ... Heavy rainfall, flooding and damaging winds are possible as the system moves through central and southern Queensland, he said. ...
A strong partner for the wind industry - Liebherr
A strong partner for the wind industry. As a strong partner of the wind power industry, Liebherr offers the suitable solution ... Mixing plants from Liebherr are used to produce prefabricated concrete parts for the towers of wind turbines. In the field of ... These include components which are used as pitch and yaw adjustment systems in wind turbines. Liebherr supplies mobile cranes, ... crawler cranes and heavy-duty offshore cranes for the assembly of wind turbines. The hoisting equipment section is supplemented ...
Colorado weather: Copious hail, strong wind gusts possible under severe thunderstorm warning Tuesday
Colorado weather: Copious hail, strong wind… Share this:. *Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window) ... Colorado weather: Copious hail, strong wind gusts possible under severe thunderstorm warning Tuesday A storm moving south to ... The Boulder weather service said tornadoes, lime-sized hail and strong wind gusts were possible throughout the day. ... with ping pong-sized hail and 60 mile per hour wind gusts, according to the weather service ...
Cyclonic Tauktae: Sea bridge ruptured following strong coastal wind in Thiruvananthapuram
... and the strong coastal winds led to the sea bridge rupture in Thiruvananthapurams Valiyathura on May 15. High waves and strong ... winds have been reported in coastal areas. In view of cyclone, India Meteorological Department (IMD) issued red alert for ... and the strong coastal winds led to the sea bridge rupture in Thiruvananthapurams Valiyathura on May 15. High waves and strong ... It has a strong online presence and caters to customers across India. The company looks forward to grow internationally while ...
Strong winds, heavy rain and rough sea
There is a possibility for sudden increase of wind speed up to (50-60) kmph in North-western, Western, Sabaragamuwa, Central ... Temporarily strong gusty winds and rough seas can be expected during thundershowers.Naval and fishing communities are requested ... There may be temporary localized strong winds during thundershowers. General public is kindly requested to take adequate ... There may be temporary localized strong winds during thundershowers. General public is kindly requested to take adequate ...
Ministry warns of strong winds, high waves in coastal regionsPhnom Penh Post
Ministry warns of strong winds, high waves in coastal regions Voun Dara. , Publication date 05 August 2019 , 08:09 ICT ... We are expecting strong winds of 15 to 20 metres per second, one to two metre waves and flooding, especially in Koh Kong and ... It said the effects of the monsoon began on Saturday and will continue until Tuesday, with heavy rain and strong winds, ... The heavy rains and strong winds over the last few days had damaged houses in several districts, he said. ...
Ferry services across south China's Qiongzhou Strait fully suspended due to strong winds - Xinhua | English.news.cn
Ferry services across south Chinas Qiongzhou Strait fully suspended due to strong winds Source: Xinhua, 2018-08-10 18:57:27, ... Boats are harboured in a safe haven to shelter from strong wind in Qionghai City, south Chinas Hainan Province, Aug. 10, 2018 ... Ferry services across south Chinas Qiongzhou Strait were fully suspended starting from 10 p.m. Thursday due to strong winds. ...
Frequently Asked Questions - Strong Wound Healing Center - University of Rochester Medical Center
How do I Get a Consultation from the Wound Care Center?. You may call the Wound Care Center directly or be referred by your ... While youll be receiving treatment for your wound from the Wound Care Center, youll continue to receive all of your routine ... Does Insurance Cover Specialized Wound Care Treatments?. Many health plans cover Wound Care Center treatments. Call us to ... In fact, the Wound Care Center prefers to work with your physician or medical specialist during the treatments. We even keep ...
Swimmers brave the December sea at Boscombe, Bournemouth, as strong winds affected parts of the UK. | Pictures of the Day: 10...
NCAR, CU-Boulder study: Strong winds could have parted Red Sea - Boulder Daily Camera
... and the Lord caused a strong wind to blow through the night from the east, parting the waters and allowing the Israelites to ... According to the Bible, Moses stretched out his hand over the Red Sea, and the Lord caused a strong wind to blow through the ... NCAR, CU-Boulder study: Strong winds could have parted Red Sea. Scientists find new possibility for the crossing of Moses and ... High of 50 with strong winds today in Boulder. *Louisville council approves churchs plans to build columbarium within ...
Red Flag Fire Alert day issued as strong winds batter the state | KFOR.com
Crews are warning Oklahomans about increased fire danger as strong winds batter the state. Shortly after 2 p.m., Mustang ... Red Flag Fire Alert day issued as strong winds batter the state. Posted 2:26 pm, February 8, 2016, by KFOR-TV and K. Querry ... It sounded like an earthquake: Strong winds rip off portion of Del City Fire Departments roof. ... MUSTANG, Okla.. - Crews are warning Oklahomans about increased fire danger as strong winds batter the state. ...
Illinois braces for strong storms, wind, hail | SaukValley.com
... say hot weather could give way to violent storms across parts of Illinois and are warning residents to be prepared for strong ... Quad Cities forecasters say winds could top 80 mph.. The storm system is expected to strike a region from Iowa to Maryland and ... hot weather could give way to violent storms across parts of Illinois and are warning residents to be prepared for strong winds ... could even spawn an unusual weather event with strong straight-line winds called a derecho. ...
Lasers Promote Faster, Stronger Wound Closure - Veterinary Practice News
Lasers Promote Faster, Stronger Wound Closure. Through increased cellular oxygenation and metabolism, lasers promote fibroblast ... collagen regulation and a host of positive enzymatic changes that lead to faster and stronger wound closure. Simultaneously ... Notice that this is a very clean wound even six days after that debridement. This wound remains clean and the infection has ... At the core of every wound there is a region that has a very high concentration of collagen, through which there is minimal ...
Gusts2020TornadoesHailGusty windsTemperaturesWesterlyNortherly windsSevereStormsTurbinesWidespreadOvernightNASA-NOAA's Suomi NPP2018SweptBatterThunderyWavesNewsFirefightersDebridementSEASAfternoonDownwindChillsSnowThundershowersForecastWindyThunderstormsWhipOffshore windBlowForecastersOfficialsCoastalPossibilityHeavy rain and strongWeatherExpected to easeDistrictsRough at timesBlewShearSurgicalPartsBlowsAdhesiveChronicPhysicianDaysDamageDeadlySearchBracesCaliforniaTurbineRootsCenter
- As that front passed, northwest winds increased to 25 to 35 MPH, with gusts between 35 at 45 MPH at many locations. (weather.gov)
- The Boulder weather service said tornadoes, lime-sized hail and strong wind gusts were possible throughout the day. (denverpost.com)
- According to the National Weather Service, mild temperatures and scattered showers are on tap for the first half of the week, but a period of heavy rain and strong wind gusts is possible for Thursday into Friday. (masslive.com)
- Other high wind gusts around the area Sunday were 154 mph on Sheep Mountain, 90 mph at the top of Eaglecrest Ski Area, 75 mph at the Federal Building downtown and 70 mph at Mayflower Island near Douglas. (juneauempire.com)
- Strong westerly wind gusts of up to 80 km/h are expected to develop late this afternoon and early this evening as a vigorous cold front crosses the southern Interior. (kelownacapnews.com)
- The risk for the strongest gusts are in the early evening across 100 Mile, South Thompson, Nicola, Shuswap and North and Central Okanagan districts, with winds are expected to ease through the evening. (kelownacapnews.com)
- Wind gusts of over 100km/hr have been recored in the alpine areas. (3aw.com.au)
- The weather service said Monday that many areas will continue to see gusts topping 50 mph, with even stronger winds on the coast and in north-central and northeastern Washington. (go.com)
- Officials in Virginia detected 70 mph wind gusts in the area of Leesburg, Dulles International and Washington Reagan National airports.At Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport, wind gusts were observed at 66 mph at about 11:20 p.m. (wbaltv.com)
- No twisters were reported, but very strong wind gusts were observed statewide.Despite the rain, temperatures in Baltimore remained hot, and the forecast for Saturday mimicked a repeat of Friday, just a bit "cooler" because of some cloud cover. (wbaltv.com)
- Rising demand for wind power as a response to the transition towards non-polluting energies drove Siemens Gamesa's commercial activity in the first quarter of FY 2020. (evwind.es)
- CHICAGO (AP) - Forecasters say hot weather could give way to violent storms across parts of Illinois and are warning residents to be prepared for strong winds, hail and even tornadoes. (saukvalley.com)
- Strong winds and isolated tornadoes predicted for NC. (newsobserver.com)
- Storms predicted for the Triangle bring the possibility for hail, strong winds and tornadoes Friday afternoon and evening, according to the National Weather Service. (newsobserver.com)
- The line of storms was capable of producing hail up to the size of quarters, along with winds in excess of 80 mph.About 45 minutes later, the storms extended from Hampstead to Sykesville moving east at 45 mph. (wbaltv.com)
- The gusty winds continued through the overnight hours and into the day on the 12th, ushering in much colder temperatures, with wind chills dipping to near zero at many locations during the morning of the 12th. (weather.gov)
- In addition to the gusty winds, light snow began to overspread portions of the area very late on the 11th and into the early morning hours of the 12th. (weather.gov)
- Temporarily strong gusty winds and rough seas can be expected during thundershowers.Naval and fishing communities are requested to be vigilant in this regard. (news.lk)
- Australians braced for deadly bushfires to spread and intensify Tuesday, as strong winds and high temperatures created "severe" fire conditions. (ndtv.com)
- A strong high-pressure system settling over the region Friday and through the weekend will bring extreme temperatures even to the typically blazing Southwest. (yahoo.com)
- Severe thunderstorms with strong winds swept through Maryland late Friday evening, capping off a very hot day that saw 100-degree temperatures.Baltimore Gas and Electric called the storm a "massive situation that caused 438,000 customers to lose power. (wbaltv.com)
- Severe thunderstorms with strong winds swept through Maryland late Friday evening, capping off a very hot day that saw 100-degree temperatures . (wbaltv.com)
- Behind the snow, temperatures will fall into the teens by Sunday afternoon and in combination with biting northwest winds, dangerous wind chills of -10 degrees or colder can be expected, the coldest air to sweep into the Chicago area since last February. (wgntv.com)
- Along with the fresh covering of snow will be gusty northerly winds which could pass 40 mph at times causing areas of blowing and drifting. (wgntv.com)
- The Department of Meteorology has issued a severe weather advisory warning of a high possibility of strong winds over the island and neighboring sea areas. (nation.lk)
- Severe weather warnings have been issued for damaging winds in for the Central, East Gippsland, South West, North Central, West and South Gippsland and parts of Northern Country, North East and Wimmera Forecast Districts. (3aw.com.au)
- The region woke to extreme winds today as other parts of the country were also affected with severe weather. (becclesandbungayjournal.co.uk)
- Two days of storms and strong winds have caused havoc throughout the Balkans -- flooding villages, disrupting power supplies and traffic, and leading to the death of a motorist. (rferl.org)
- The first of a series of storms expected to hit the Pacific Northwest, Monday's heavy rain and strong winds -- which reached up to 70 mph -- caused thousands of power outages and left widespread damage including downed trees in the Seattle area. (go.com)
- The storms were capable of producing winds in excess of 70 mph. (wbaltv.com)
- Taking into account wind strength, available land and the potential for offshore farms, the report estimates that Japan could install wind turbines with a capacity of up to 1500 gigawatts. (newscientist.com)
- These include components which are used as pitch and yaw adjustment systems in wind turbines. (liebherr.com)
- Liebherr supplies mobile cranes, crawler cranes and heavy-duty offshore cranes for the assembly of wind turbines. (liebherr.com)
- Mixing plants from Liebherr are used to produce prefabricated concrete parts for the towers of wind turbines. (liebherr.com)
- Ground models remove the unknowns associated with macro siting ("what if we shifted the wind turbines across the lease area? (haleyaldrich.com)
- The deep waters off the west coast of the U.S. and in the Gulf of Maine make it necessary to use mooring concepts to anchor floating offshore wind turbines. (haleyaldrich.com)
- These larger wind turbines lead to larger foundation design loads and an increased focus on coordination between the structural engineers (who design the offshore wind turbine tower) and the geotechnical engineers (who design the foundation). (haleyaldrich.com)
- sm wind turbines on car.generate electric to battery pack that power car,which in motion activates turbines.also solar cells for. (inhabitat.com)
- it would be nice if this was a precursor to a new technology that could make real wind turbines both practical to use and install and inexpensive so that all homeowners, or apartment dwellers, could afford to buy and use them. (inhabitat.com)
- After Irma, we found widespread but not catastrophic damage, mainly due to high winds over a long time," Schumann said. (beeculture.com)
- However, Mrs Sharples warned that strong winds similar to this morning could return overnight on Saturday into Sunday. (becclesandbungayjournal.co.uk)
- Thousands of people lost power in western Washington state after high winds swept through overnight, and the National Weather Service says more strong winds are expected. (go.com)
NASA-NOAA's Suomi NPP1
- NASA-NOAA's Suomi NPP satellite passed over Tropical Depression Nora on October 14 and saw strong wind shear pushing the bulk of clouds and showers northeast of the center. (eurekalert.org)
- Across eastern Kansas and the Missouri Ozarks, a strong cold front swept across the region during the morning and early afternoon of December 11th. (weather.gov)
- MUSTANG, Okla.. - Crews are warning Oklahomans about increased fire danger as strong winds batter the state. (kfor.com)
- There is also a forecast for thundery rain, strong winds and high seas in offshore areas today. (gulf-times.com)
- And with the waves crashing against it… only problem is that it's absolutely freezing and the wind is very strong so it's almost impossible to stay on deck for more than a few minutes even when you're packed in down jackets etc. (esa.int)
- High waves and strong winds have been reported in coastal areas. (yahoo.com)
- We are expecting strong winds of 15 to 20 metres per second, one to two metre waves and flooding, especially in Koh Kong and Preah Sihanouk provinces," the ministry's statement said. (phnompenhpost.com)
- It came after a day of gloomy weather, with strong winds and high waves leading to a ferry sinking and causing a waterspout near the Ting Kau Bridge. (sott.net)
- The interaction between the structure and the seabed can be highly sensitive to structural dynamics and the environmental loading from wind and waves. (haleyaldrich.com)
- Extreme waves aside, many expert windsurfers will ride the same waves as surfers do (wind permitting). (wikipedia.org)
- More than a dozen wildfires ignited around Los Angeles Wednesday as strong Santa Ana winds prompted the National Weather Service to issue "extreme red flag warnings" for Los Angeles and Ventura counties, BBC News reported . (ecowatch.com)
- Keep up to date with the latest news on the heavy rain and strong winds affecting the region. (itv.com)
- 2. A strong majority of Californians - 64 percent - support a proposed tax on oil drilling in the state, the Bay Area News Group$ reports, citing a new poll commissioned by NextGen Climate Action, a group formed by billionaire environmental activist Tom Steyer. (eastbayexpress.com)
- Firefighters battled wind-whipped infernos along the French Riviera coast as the flames torched vegetation on hills overlooking glitzy Mediterranean resorts thronged by summer holiday makers. (rte.ie)
- Weather forecasters said strong winds would persist for another day or two days at least, heightening the risk that even spots where firefighters were close to containing the flames could fall prey to another flare-up. (rte.ie)
- Notice that this is a very clean wound even six days after that debridement. (veterinarypracticenews.com)
- Products in the 'advanced' segment of wound care, encompassing drugs, physical stimulation devices, enzymatic debridement, tissue engineered skin substitutes and others, represent areas of the greatest market growth in this arena. (prweb.com)
- The 2005 MedMarket Diligence report on wound management details the current and emerging technologies and products spanning dressings, closure devices, debridement, pharmacological products, tissue engineered products and others. (prweb.com)
- A team of researchers from the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering and the John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) at Harvard University has created a super-strong "tough adhesive" that is biocompatible and binds to tissues with a strength comparable to the body's own resilient cartilage, even when they're wet. (eurekalert.org)
- The key feature of our material is the combination of a very strong adhesive force and the ability to transfer and dissipate stress, which have historically not been integrated into a single adhesive," says corresponding author Dave Mooney, Ph.D., who is a founding Core Faculty member at the Wyss Institute and the Robert P. Pinkas Family Professor of Bioengineering at SEAS. (eurekalert.org)
- Other researchers have tackled the question of whether the wind could have parted the seas before the Israelites, but they have differed on where the Israelites were when they made their dry-land escape. (dailycamera.com)
- Offshore areas, too, are likely to see strong winds today along with high seas, according to the weather report. (gulf-times.com)
- This afternoon around 16:00 the wind died down a bit and our management decided to take whoever wanted to, to shore. (esa.int)
- Northwesterly winds will blow at speeds of 12-22 knots inshore, going up to 30 knots in some places by the afternoon. (gulf-times.com)
- With those gusty west winds, it will feel like it's down into the 30s at times later Sunday afternoon. (wingatewire.com)
- Strong winds blowing out of the north have caused the massive Swan Lake fire near Sterling to grow this week, sending smoke southward and creating hazardous air conditions for communities downwind, the Alaska Division of Forestry said . (adn.com)
- Highs only warm into the 50s, with wind chills mainly in the 30s and 40s. (wtop.com)
- The wind has blown of most of the snow from the mountains surrounding us, but due to the wind, and the fact that they cannot set the zodiacs in the water in these conditions, it seems we may be moving on today. (esa.int)
- In Croatia, most roads connecting the Adriatic coast with the central parts of the country were closed due to strong winds and snow. (rferl.org)
- Forecasters are warning New Hampshire residents to brace for a powerful Nor'easter that could bring strong winds and dump at least a foot of snow on parts of the state Friday. (unionleader.com)
- Forecasters expected the system to pass directly over Juneau, which would have brought more snow and less wind, but it hit land north of Sitka and traveled over Hoonah, then over the Lynn Canal towards Haines. (juneauempire.com)
- A significant winter storm appears likely to blast the metro area with snow late today through tomorrow morning along with strong winds and possibly blowing snow. (washingtonpost.com)
- Snow declines, wind picks up. (washingtonpost.com)
- Periods of moderate to heavy snow are possible throughout the night before winding down early Monday morning. (washingtonpost.com)
- There may be temporary localized strong winds during thundershowers. (news.lk)
- Low visibility is expected in the country in the early hours of Thursday due to fog, followed by thundershowers and strong winds later in the day, the Qatar Met department has said. (gulf-times.com)
- The MET department says that due to active clouds in the south- east of Sri Lanka, heavy showers or thundershowers and strong winds may occur in the eastern - south eastern shallow and deep sea areas in the next 36 hours. (hirunews.lk)
- Windy and dusty weather resulting in poor visibility is expected to continue at most of the inshore areas in Qatar Saturday, while strong wind and high sea is the offshore forecast. (gulf-times.com)
- A gust of wind broke records at Juneau International Airport Sunday night, and windy weather elsewhere caused harbor damage and a power outage in the Mendenhall Valley. (juneauempire.com)
- Meanwhile, the deputy director of the Disaster Management Center, Pradeep Kodipilli noted that the public should be cautious of strong windy conditions prevailing. (hirunews.lk)
- EDT) on Oct. 14 infrared data from the Visible Infrared Imaging Radiometer Suite or VIIRS instrument that flies aboard Suomi NPP revealed most of the depression's thunderstorms were being pushed northeast of the center from strong southwesterly vertical wind shear. (eurekalert.org)
- Strong winds whip up dust. (3aw.com.au)
- Opportunity for future projects through The Crown Estate's Offshore Wind Leasing Round 4. (thecrownestate.co.uk)
- This is the first time that rights have been awarded for floating wind in Wales, marking a significant moment for the Welsh offshore wind sector. (thecrownestate.co.uk)
- The project comes forward as part of The Crown Estate's ongoing Offshore Wind Test and Demonstration opportunity, designed to facilitate pre-commercial innovation through the trial of new and emerging technologies in live conditions. (thecrownestate.co.uk)
- Floating technologies, which are better suited to deeper waters than traditional 'fixed' foundations, are set to play a key part in the sustainable future of UK offshore wind, unlocking new areas of seabed. (thecrownestate.co.uk)
- Today's announcement builds on two further significant offshore wind developments in Wales. (thecrownestate.co.uk)
- The first is The Crown Estate's award of seabed rights for the proposed extension to the Gwynt y Môr offshore wind farm (known as Awel y Môr), located off the coast of North Wales. (thecrownestate.co.uk)
- The second, confirmed last year, is the inclusion of areas of Wales's seabed in The Crown Estate's Offshore Wind Leasing Round 4 - the first major UK leasing round in a decade. (thecrownestate.co.uk)
- Welsh waters are home to a thriving offshore wind industry and as this continues to evolve and mature, innovation will be vital to unlocking a sustainable pipeline of new capacity over the longer term. (thecrownestate.co.uk)
- For offshore wind projects , we say "Start off with the right foundation. (haleyaldrich.com)
- A significant part of the early planning process, offshore wind turbine support structures and foundations can account for one-quarter to one-third of an offshore wind project's capital cost. (haleyaldrich.com)
- Before choosing the type of offshore wind turbine foundation for your project, it's necessary to understand the soil conditions of the seabed in the lease area. (haleyaldrich.com)
- The scale of offshore wind farms is growing globally - from hundreds of square miles to thousands of square miles - making it extremely difficult to characterize the soil conditions of the seabed across such large areas. (haleyaldrich.com)
- The need for large-scale seabed characterization has led to a revolution in the industry approach to ground modeling, with advanced methods using machine learning algorithms to predict soil conditions across offshore wind lease areas. (haleyaldrich.com)
- For offshore wind turbine foundations, tower movement influences foundation performance and vice versa. (haleyaldrich.com)
- A 30 hectare area at Egmere, near the former North Creake airfield, between Wells and Fakenham is being earmarked for a Local Development Order which would fast-track schemes relating to offshore wind energy. (edp24.co.uk)
- Offshore, too, northwesterly winds will blow at 14-23 knots, reaching a high of 30 knots at times. (gulf-times.com)
- According to the Bible, Moses stretched out his hand over the Red Sea, and the Lord caused a strong wind to blow through the night from the east, parting the waters and allowing the Israelites to flee Egypt across dry land. (dailycamera.com)
- Quad Cities forecasters say winds could top 80 mph. (saukvalley.com)
- WINDS of almost 50mph have battered Suffolk today - and forecasters warn more could be ahead. (becclesandbungayjournal.co.uk)
- Some of the strongest parts of the high pressure system are expected to be parked over the area through the weekend, where forecasters are calling for lightning but little to no precipitation, Smith said. (yahoo.com)
- Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala), May 15 (ANI): The weather condition has intensified into a deep depression of cyclonic storm 'Tauktae' and the strong coastal winds led to the sea bridge rupture in Thiruvananthapuram's Valiyathura on May 15. (yahoo.com)
- It said the effects of the monsoon began on Saturday and will continue until Tuesday, with heavy rain and strong winds, particularly in coastal provinces. (phnompenhpost.com)
- The department noted that coastal areas around the island can be very rough at times as the wind speed may increase upto 60-70 kmph at times. (hirunews.lk)
- There is a possibility for sudden increase of wind speed up to (50-60) kmph in North-western, Western, Sabaragamuwa, Central and Southern provinces and (40-50) kmph in North-central province and in Trincomalee district. (news.lk)
Heavy rain and strong1
- On Monday heavy rain and strong winds reached up to 70 mph. (go.com)
- Queenslanders are being urged to brace for flooding and damaging winds this weekend as a wet weather system makes its way across the state. (brisbanetimes.com.au)
- The storm system is expected to strike a region from Iowa to Maryland and could even spawn an unusual weather event with strong straight-line winds called a derecho. (saukvalley.com)
- Another low-pressure system is expected to begin affecting Juneau's weather today, but will not bring high wind. (juneauempire.com)
- High winds were recorded in other Southeast Alaska communities Sunday, including a gust of 77 mph in Craig and 72 mph in Hydaburg, according to the National Weather Service. (juneauempire.com)
- The low-pressure weather system forms at areas of wind divergence in the upper layer of the troposphere. (reference.com)
Expected to ease1
- The winds were expected to ease during the weekend. (rferl.org)
- The heavy rains and strong winds over the last few days had damaged houses in several districts, he said. (phnompenhpost.com)
- Yellow code for strong wind is in force for 12 districts in the country, the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology (NIMH) at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences has reported. (bnr.bg)
- This follows strong winds and rain that battered various districts like Trichy and Pudukkottai last night. (newsonair.com)
Rough at times2
- The deep sea area extending from Puttalam to Colombo will be fairly rough at times as the wind speed will increase up to (50-55) kmph at times. (news.lk)
- Naval and fishing communities are requested to be vigilant as deep and shallow sea areas around the island will be very rough at times with strong southwesterly wind up to 70-80 kmp/h, the department added. (nation.lk)
- When the wind blew from the east, the water would split around the bend -- you can imagine that peninsula cutting the water like a ship's prow. (dailycamera.com)
- When he did, he found that if a 63 mph wind blew for 12 hours, the 6-foot-deep water in the east-facing bend would have been pushed back, creating a dry passage more than two miles long and three miles wide. (dailycamera.com)
- Sunday's high winds blew tree branches into power lines that caused an outage for 7,695 customers, said Alaska Electric Light & Power Co. spokeswoman Gail Wood. (juneauempire.com)
- Five people were injured today when a marquee on the Three Counties Showground in Malvern blew over in strong winds. (wmas.nhs.uk)
- The latest University of Wisconsin- Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies vertical wind shear analysis showed 44 knots (50.6 mph/ 81.4 kph) of wind shear from the southwest and ships guidance showed 34 knots (39.1 mph/62.9 kph) of shear from the same direction. (eurekalert.org)
- Globally, the market for the diverse array of products in surgical, chronic and acute wound management stands at $13 billion, with aggregate growth at 7% annually. (prweb.com)
- Strong winds are expected in parts of the country today, the Qatar Met department has said. (gulf-times.com)
- Swimmers brave the December sea at Boscombe, Bournemouth, as strong winds affected parts of the UK. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Low pressure pushing eastward will generate strong winds over parts of the Rockies and Plains through Saturday with some light precipitation. (weather.gov)
- A strong wind blows in the trees around the boardwalks of Lower Geyser Basin. (nps.gov)
- The polymers bond to biological tissues via three mechanisms - electrostatic attraction to negatively charged cell surfaces, covalent bonds between neighboring atoms, and physical interpenetration - making the adhesive extremely strong. (eurekalert.org)
- If you suffer from a chronic or non-healing wound, ask your physician about a referral to our Wound Center, or contact us directly for an assessment. (rochester.edu)
- No. In fact, the Wound Care Center prefers to work with your physician or medical specialist during the treatments. (rochester.edu)
- While you'll be receiving treatment for your wound from the Wound Care Center, you'll continue to receive all of your routine care from your primary physician. (rochester.edu)
- Winds caused damage to docks at Aurora Harbor near downtown as finger piers failed and broke away, said Harbor Master Lou McCall. (juneauempire.com)
- Strong winds on Saturday caused damage throughout the Chicago area, including north suburban Skokie where a tree came crashing onto a sport-utility vehicle. (cbslocal.com)
- A system designed to protect citrus trees from the deadly greening disease withstood the ravaging winds of Hurricane Irma last year, University of Florida scientists say. (beeculture.com)
- When Drews began to search for a likely place for the crossing of Moses and his followers, he used the Bible's literal description of the wind blowing from the east as his guide. (dailycamera.com)
- Archer Christiansen, 3, braces himself against wind and a breaking wave as he walks with his parents in a windstorm along the Puget Sound, Nov. 13, 2017, in Seattle. (go.com)
- The new fires come as California has been battling wind-driven blazes and enduring preventative power outages for about a week . (ecowatch.com)
- The growth in wind turbine size is a critical factor as well, with 10 MW units now on order for most projects in the pipeline and indications that 15 MW units on the design table. (haleyaldrich.com)
- wooohhh its cool and i love this i am also interested in the wind turbine so its a very good kit to be demonstrated. (inhabitat.com)
- it is very useful to show the general public about the wind turbine i would certainly use this kit to show to the students to grow the interest among them if i had. (inhabitat.com)
- How far can you flex in the wind while keeping your roots secure? (ey.com)
- At the Strong Wound Healing Center, our professional staff is highly trained in the specialized, comprehensive care of problem wounds, using the most up-to-date approaches in the science of wound care. (rochester.edu)
- The image shows regenerated hair follicles (in green) at the center of a wound. (nsf.gov)
- How do I Get a Consultation from the Wound Care Center? (rochester.edu)
- You may call the Wound Care Center directly or be referred by your doctor. (rochester.edu)
- Many health plans cover Wound Care Center treatments. (rochester.edu)
- But now researchers at the National Center for Atmospheric Research and the University of Colorado have found a location in the Nile River's ancient delta where an east wind -- blowing at 63 mph for 12 hours -- could have pushed back the waters and exposed a muddy land bridge. (dailycamera.com)
- The track created high winds for Juneau since the city was not directly in the center of the storm, Fritsch said. (juneauempire.com)