A colorless and flammable gas at room temperature and pressure. Ethylene oxide is a bactericidal, fungicidal, and sporicidal disinfectant. It is effective against most micro-organisms, including viruses. It is used as a fumigant for foodstuffs and textiles and as an agent for the gaseous sterilization of heat-labile pharmaceutical and surgical materials. (From Reynolds, Martindale The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 30th ed, p794)
The attempt to improve the PHENOTYPES of future generations of the human population by fostering the reproduction of those with favorable phenotypes and GENOTYPES and hampering or preventing BREEDING by those with "undesirable" phenotypes and genotypes. The concept is largely discredited. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)
Substances used on inanimate objects that destroy harmful microorganisms or inhibit their activity. Disinfectants are classed as complete, destroying SPORES as well as vegetative forms of microorganisms, or incomplete, destroying only vegetative forms of the organisms. They are distinguished from ANTISEPTICS, which are local anti-infective agents used on humans and other animals. (From Hawley's Condensed Chemical Dictionary, 11th ed)
Ionized gases, consisting of free electrons and ionized atoms or molecules which collectively behave differently than gas, solid, or liquid. Plasma gases are used in biomedical fields in surface modification; biological decontamination; dentistry (e.g., PLASMA ARC DENTAL CURING LIGHTS); and in other treatments (e.g., ARGON PLASMA COAGULATION).
Infection Control, Dental
The doctrines and policies of the Nazis or the National Social German Workers party, which ruled Germany under Adolf Hitler from 1933-1945. These doctrines and policies included racist nationalism, expansionism, and state control of the economy. (from Columbia Encyclopedia, 6th ed. and American Heritage College Dictionary, 3d ed.)
Family Planning Services
A potentially life-threatening condition in which EMBRYO IMPLANTATION occurs outside the cavity of the UTERUS. Most ectopic pregnancies (>96%) occur in the FALLOPIAN TUBES, known as TUBAL PREGNANCY. They can be in other locations, such as UTERINE CERVIX; OVARY; and abdominal cavity (PREGNANCY, ABDOMINAL).
Penetrating, high-energy electromagnetic radiation emitted from atomic nuclei during NUCLEAR DECAY. The range of wavelengths of emitted radiation is between 0.1 - 100 pm which overlaps the shorter, more energetic hard X-RAYS wavelengths. The distinction between gamma rays and X-rays is based on their radiation source.
A pair of highly specialized muscular canals extending from the UTERUS to its corresponding OVARY. They provide the means for OVUM collection, and the site for the final maturation of gametes and FERTILIZATION. The fallopian tube consists of an interstitium, an isthmus, an ampulla, an infundibulum, and fimbriae. Its wall consists of three histologic layers: serous, muscular, and an internal mucosal layer lined with both ciliated and secretory cells.
Glucose Solution, Hypertonic
Contraceptive Agents, Female
Ambulatory Surgical Procedures
Equipment and Supplies
A state in which the environs of hospitals, laboratories, domestic and animal housing, work places, spacecraft, and other surroundings are under technological control with regard to air conditioning, heating, lighting, humidity, ventilation, and other ambient features. The concept includes control of atmospheric composition. (From Jane's Aerospace Dictionary, 3d ed)
The vapor state of matter; nonelastic fluids in which the molecules are in free movement and their mean positions far apart. Gases tend to expand indefinitely, to diffuse and mix readily with other gases, to have definite relations of volume, temperature, and pressure, and to condense or liquefy at low temperatures or under sufficient pressure. (Grant & Hackh's Chemical Dictionary, 5th ed)
A complex body of social, cultural, and religious beliefs and practices evolved in and largely confined to the Indian subcontinent and marked by a caste system, an outlook tending to view all forms and theories as aspects of one eternal being and truth, and the practice of the way of works, the way of knowledge, or the way of devotion as a means of release from the round of rebirths. (From Webster, 3d ed)
A serine-rich sticky protein secreted by MOTHS. Generally, the term refers to silkworm silk gum protein secreted in the middle section of silk gland cells of SILKWORMS, Bombyx mori. Sericin acts as a cement and coating for the two fibroin filaments in a silk strand and is readily soluble in mild alkaline solution.
Family Planning Policy
Intrauterine Devices, Copper
A territory of northwest Canada, bounded on the north by the Arctic Ocean, on the south by British Columbia, and on the west by Alaska. Its capital is Whitehorse. It takes its name from the Yukon River, the Indian yu-kun-ah, meaning big river. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p1367 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p608)
Medical Waste Disposal
Management, removal, and elimination of biologic, infectious, pathologic, and dental waste. The concept includes blood, mucus, tissue removed at surgery or autopsy, soiled surgical dressings, and other materials requiring special control and handling. Disposal may take place where the waste is generated or elsewhere.
Degenerative changes in aortic root allografts placed in the right ventricular outflow tract of growing puppies. (1/814)Differently prepared aortic root allografts were implanted in the right ventricular outflow tract of growing puppies to determine the site of origin and progress of degenerative changes in these conduits. The three preparations assessed were as follows: group A, fresh and sterile grafts; group B, antibiotic sterilized grafts in nutrient medium; and group C, beta-propiolactone sterilized grafts. Although calcification of the aortic wall occurred in all groups, the aortic leaflets were minimally affected. A correlation between viability and lack of calcification and between viability and long-term function is emphasized. (+info)
Disinfection of upper gastrointestinal fibreoptic endoscopy equipment: an evaluation of a cetrimide chlorhexidine solution and glutaraldehyde. (2/814)There is little information available on the bacteriological contamination of upper gastrointestinal fibreoptic endoscopes during routine use and the effects of 'disinfecting solutions'. A bacteriological evaluation was therefore made of cleaning an endoscope and its ancillary equipment with (1) water, (2) an aqueous solution of 1% cetrimide with 0.1% chlorhexidine, and (3) activated aqueous 2% glutaraldehyde. All equipment, but particularly the endoscope itself, was found to be heavily contaminated after use with a wide variety of organisms of which 53% were Gram positive. Cleaning the endoscope and ancillary equipment with water and the cetrimide/chlorhexidine solution alone or in combination was inadequate to produce disinfection but immersion in glutaraldehyde for two minutes consistently produced sterile cultures with our sampling technique. A rapid and simple method for disinfection of endoscopic equipment is therefore recommended and we think this is especially suitable for busy endoscopy units. (+info)
A test for 'hygienic' hand disinfection. (3/814)A standardised test procedure is described in which finger-tips are inoculated with broth cultures of organisms (Staphylococcus aureus, Staphyloccocus saprophyticus, Escherichia coli, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa): counts are made from washings of hands after disinfection with various antiseptic-detergents, alcoholic solutions, or unmedicated soap. 70% alcohol, with or without chlorhexidine, was the most effective preparation. The two antiseptic detergents showed variable results, but against Gram-negative bacilli neither was significantly more effective than plain soap. Some tests were also made on the death rate of organisms dried on the skin without disinfection. (+info)
Autoclaving impairs the connector-tube bond of the laryngeal mask airway but not its airtightness. (4/814)The general-purpose laryngeal mask airway (LMA) is re-usable when undamaged, and cleaned and autoclaved correctly. We had found weakening of the silicone adhesive that bonds the connector of the LMA to the tube. We report that repeated autoclaving damaged the adhesive such that the connector could be rotated in the tube after the 12th autoclave cycle in almost all of the LMA tested. The damage to the adhesive did not affect the airtightness of the junction, which appears to be maintained by the material properties of the connector and tube and by the shape of the join. (+info)
Mass treatment of humans who drank unpasteurized milk from rabid cows--Massachusetts, 1996-1998. (5/814)Rabies is a viral zoonosis that is usually transmitted by the bite of an infected mammal. However, in Massachusetts, two incidents have been reported since 1996 of potential mass exposures to rabies through drinking unpasteurized milk. This report presents the investigations of these two incidents. (+info)
Growth from spores of nonproteolytic Clostridium botulinum in heat-treated vegetable juice. (6/814)Unheated spores of nonproteolytic Clostridium botulinum were able to lead to growth in sterile deoxygenated turnip, spring green, helda bean, broccoli, or potato juice, although the probability of growth was low and the time to growth was longer than the time to growth in culture media. With all five vegetable juices tested, the probability of growth increased when spores were inoculated into the juice and then heated for 2 min in a water bath at 80 degrees C. The probability of growth was greater in bean or broccoli juice than in culture media following 10 min of heat treatment in these media. Growth was prevented by heat treatment of spores in vegetable juices or culture media at 80 degrees C for 100 min. We show for the first time that adding heat-treated vegetable juice to culture media can increase the number of heat-damaged spores of C. botulinum that can lead to colony formation. (+info)
Use of a whole blood assay to evaluate in vitro T cell responses to new leprosy skin test antigens in leprosy patients and healthy subjects. (7/814)Development of an immunological tool to detect infection with Mycobacterium leprae would greatly benefit leprosy control programmes, as demonstrated by the contribution of the tuberculin test to tuberculosis control. In a new approach to develop a 'tuberculin-like' reagent for use in leprosy, two new fractions of M. leprae depleted of cross-reactive and immunomodulatory lipids- MLSA-LAM (cytosol-derived) and MLCwA (cell wall-derived)-have been produced in a form suitable for use as skin test reagents. T cell responses (interferon-gamma (IFN-gamma) and lymphoproliferation) to these two new fractions were evaluated in a leprosy-endemic area of Nepal using a simple in vitro whole blood test. The two fractions were shown to be highly potent T cell antigens in subjects exposed to M. leprae-paucibacillary leprosy patients and household contacts. Responses to the fractions decreased towards the lepromatous pole of leprosy. Endemic control subjects also showed high responses to the fractions, indicating high exposure to M. leprae, or cross-reactive mycobacterial antigens, in this Nepali population. The new fractions, depleted of lipids and lipoarabinomannan (LAM) gave enhanced responses compared with a standard M. leprae sonicate. The cell wall fraction appeared a more potent antigen than the cytosol fraction, which may be due to the predominance of the 65-kD GroEL antigen in the cell wall. The whole blood assay proved a robust field tool and a useful way of evaluating such reagents prior to clinical trials. (+info)
Lethality of a heat- and phosphate-catalyzed glucose by-product to Escherichia coli O157:H7 and partial protection conferred by the rpoS regulon. (8/814)A by-product of glucose produced during sterilization (121 degrees C, 15 lb/in2, 15 min) at neutral pH and in the presence of phosphate (i.e., phosphate-buffered saline) was bactericidal to Escherichia coli O157:H7 (ATCC 43895). Other six-carbon (fructose and galactose) and five-carbon (arabinose, ribose, and xylose) reducing sugars also produced a toxic by-product under the same conditions. Fructose and the five-carbon sugars yielded the most bactericidal activity. Glucose concentrations of 1% (wt/vol) resulted in a 99.9% decline in the CFU of stationary-phase cells per milliliter in 2 days at 25 degrees C. An rpoS mutant (pRR10::rpoS) of strain 43895 (FRIK 816-3) was significantly (P < 0.001) more sensitive to the glucose-phosphate by-product than the parent strain, as glucose concentrations from 0.05 to 0.25% resulted in a 2- to 3-log10 reduction in CFU per milliliter in 2 days at 25 degrees C. Likewise, log-phase cells of the wild-type strain, 43895, were significantly more sensitive (P < 0.001) to the glucose-phosphate by-product than were stationary-phase cells, which is consistent with the stability of rpoS and the regulation of rpoS-regulated genes. The bactericidal effect of the glucose-phosphate by-product was reduced when strains ATCC 43895 and FRIK 816-3 were incubated at a low temperature (4 degrees C). Also, growth in glucose-free medium (i.e., nutrient broth) did not alleviate the sensitivity to the glucose-phosphate by-product and excludes the possibility of substrate-accelerated death as the cause of the bactericidal effect observed. The glucose-phosphate by-product was also bactericidal to Salmonella typhimurium, Shigella dysenteriae, and a Klebsiella sp. Attempts to identify the glucose-phosphate by-product were unsuccessful. These studies demonstrate the production of a glucose-phosphate by-product bactericidal to E. coli O157:H7 and the protective effects afforded by rpoS-regulated gene products. Additionally, the detection of sublethally injured bacteria may be compromised by the presence of this by-product in recovery media. (+info)
Evaluation of Biological Indicators and Sterilization Process - MBL Labs
Generally a biological indicator for evaluating moist heat sterilization will contain viable spores of Bacillus subtilis, Bacillus atrophaeus or Geobacillus stearothermophilus. BI growth evaluation determines the viability of Bacillus spores after exposure to the sterilization process. This method is performed by placing spore strips or inoculated process control devices (PCD) into sterile broth; or in the case of BIs contained with their own medium system, the medium is released to contact the BI. All results are compared against an untreated spore strip or BI control.. For routine use, it is normal to examine for presence or absence of growth to ensure the sterilization process was performed adequately. It is important to include a positive control with the group of process indicator BI. ...
Data Loggers for Sterilization Methods
Data loggers for sterilization methods including steam sterilization, EO or Ethylene Oxide sterilization and dry heat sterilization.
Dry heat sterilization - Wikipedia
Dry heat sterilization of an article is one of the earliest forms of sterilization practiced. Dry heat, as the name indicates, utilizes hot air that is either free from water vapor, or has very little of it, and where this moisture plays a minimal or no role in the process of sterilization. The dry heat sterilization process is accomplished by conduction; that is where heat is absorbed by the exterior surface of an item and then passed inward to the next layer. Eventually, the entire item reaches the proper temperature needed to achieve sterilization. The proper time and temperature for dry heat sterilization is 160 °C (320 °F) for 2 hours or 170 °C (340 °F) for 1 hour. Instruments should be dry before sterilization since water will interfere with the process. Dry heat destroys microorganisms by causing denaturation of proteins. The presence of moisture, such as in steam sterilization, significantly speeds up heat penetration. There are two types of hot air convection (Convection refers to ...
Spore-Forming Bacteria Sterilization Using Plasma-Based Ion Implantation - E+E Scientific Journal
Cite as:. A main purpose of sterilization is to kill the harmful microorganisms. In food industry, the representatives of microorganisms which are difficult to sterilize are spore-forming bacteria. Because these bacteria are extremely heat resistant. So it is no exaggeration to say high-pressure / high temperature sterilization method is the only method to sterilize spore-forming bacteria. By the way, plasma sterilization method is used to sterilize the medical equipment. However the present plasma sterilization method cannot be used for food because of containing hydrogen peroxide.. In this study, the authors tried to sterilize Bacillus subtilis which is model bacteria of spore-forming bacteria using plasma-based ion implantation (PBII) method which doesnt use hydrogen peroxide. The result of experimentation, the living spore reduced from 1×108 cfu/ml to 7.8×104 cfu/ml with 20 min exposure. The authors showed that PBII treatment without hydrogen peroxide might be able to sterilize the heat ...
Dry heat sterilization financial definition of dry heat sterilization
Definition of dry heat sterilization in the Financial Dictionary - by Free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. What is dry heat sterilization? Meaning of dry heat sterilization as a finance term. What does dry heat sterilization mean in finance?
Global Moist Heat Sterilization Equipment Market 2018 - 3M Company, Belimed AG, Advanced Sterilization Products, Anderse -...
The Global Moist Heat Sterilization Equipment market report offers a detailed analysis of the global Moist Heat Sterilization Equipment market. It also highlights the novel contributors and existing players in the Moist Heat Sterilization Equipment market. This report summarizes the global Moist Heat Sterilization Equipment Market. It emphasizes on the leading performers in the global market. The global Moist Heat Sterilization Equipment market report offers comprehensive data of the principal contributors in the market by highlighting their latest developments, market shares, business review, and product contributions. The report analyzes the growth of the key market players with the help of SWOT analysis.. This report focuses on the global top players and Manufacturers, covered bellow : 3M Company, Belimed AG, Advanced Sterilization Products, Andersen Products, Inc, Sakura SI Co., Ltd., Cantel Medical Corp., Sterile Technologies, Inc., Getinge AB, Matachana Group, SteriGenics International, ...
Modelling of a post-discharge reactor used for plasma sterilization<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Modelling of a post-discharge reactor used for plasma sterilization. AU - Kutasi, K.. AU - Pintassilgo, C. D.. AU - Coelho, P. J.. AU - Loureiro, J.. PY - 2006/9/21. Y1 - 2006/9/21. N2 - A three-dimensional hydrodynamic model is developed to simulate a post-discharge reactor placed downstream from a flowing microwave discharge in N2-O2 used for plasma sterilization. The temperature distribution and the density distributions of NO(B 2Π) molecules and O(3P) atoms, which are known to play a central role in the sterilization process, are obtained in the reactor in the case of discharges at 915 and 2450 MHz, pressure range 1-8 Torr and N2-xO2 mixture composition, with x ≤ 0.2-2%. Excluding the flow direction, sufficiently low temperatures ideal for sterilization have been found in most parts of the reactor. The highest NO(B) and O(3P) concentrations at the reactor entrance are achieved at the highest pressure values investigated here. However, these larger densities rapidly ...
Biological Indicators for Steam Sterilization: Liquid Loads | Biological Indicators
Why use a liquid submersible biological indicator to test liquid loads vs. an EZTest (SCBI) or spore strip? In steam sterilization the steam typically comes
J-STORE SYSTEM(～STERILIZATION METHOD HARA, Michikazu ～)
Disclosed is a novel sterilization method which can kill microorganisms in water as well as microorganisms in gases. Specifically disclosed is a method for sterilizing a gas or a liquid, which is characterized by bringing microorganisms contained in the gas or the liquid into contact with a material comprising an amorphous carbon having a sulfo group introduced therein.
Jar Sterilization Methods Made Easy | Ready Nutrition
1]. Canning and preserving food is a rewarding and frugal way to create a reliable food pantry for your family. On the other hand, anyone who has put up food knows that it is a process in and of itself. It requires pre-planning, food preparation and above all fuel .. Because jars must be sterilized first in order to preserve food in an environment where molds and bacteria cannot grow, your fuel consumption is doubled. However, you have options that may benefit your specifics needs.. Did you know that there are certain foods that do not require jars to be sterilized? According to the USDAs handbook Home Canning: Principles of Home Canning , empty jars used for vegetables, meats, and fruits to be processed in a pressure canner need not be sterilized. It is also unnecessary to sterilize jars for fruits, tomatoes, and pickled or fermented foods that will be processed 10 minutes or longer in a boiling-water canner. For all other foods, a sterilization method needs to be used.. The ...
Isolation of Food Pathogens From Freshly Milled Palm Oil and the Effect of Sterilization on Oil Quality Parameters
The isolation and identification of food pathogens from freshly milled palm oil as well as the effect of steam sterilization on some quality parameters of palm oil was evaluated. Microbial isolations and quality parameters were carried out at day 0, day 14 and day 28. Biochemical parameters such as Peroxide value, Anisidine value, Free fatty acid, Deterioration of bleachibility index (DOBI) and Carotene value was analyzed in the same samples using the digital Palmoiltester. The most frequently isolated bacteria from the unsterilized samples were Pseudomonas aerugenosa, Bacillus subtilis, Enterococcus aerogenes, Staphylococcus saprophyticus and Micrococcus varians while the most frequently isolated fungal species were Aspergillus niger aggregate (IMI number 503810), Cochliobolus sp. (anamorphic state: Curvularia) (IMI number 503811), Penicillium citrinum (IMI number 503812) and a yeast, Meyerozyma guilliermondii (IMI number 503813). The fungal count in the
Sterilization process control in health centre Bijeljina | Antimicrobial Resistance & Infection Control | Full Text
Health Centre Bijeljina provides primary health care with eleven medical services, operating in the main facility and the units located in rural areas. Within the Centre 30 dry heat sterilizers and 2 autoclaves are being used. We have shown results of biological control of sterilization for period 4 years while the results of process, pack and equipment control were NAD. Load control - 842 spore-testing of dry heat sterilizers were performed and the number of positive test results was 10.57%.. The cause of positive test results in 83.3% cases was the human factor, improper use of equipment and the failure to follow the complete sterilization procedure.. Load control - 182 spore-testing of steam sterilization was conducted and the number of positive test results was 0. ...
Marine Drugs | Free Full-Text | Sterilization of Exopolysaccharides Produced by Deep-Sea Bacteria: Impact on Their Stability...
Polysaccharides are highly heat-sensitive macromolecules, so high temperature treatments are greatly destructive and cause considerable damage, such as a great decrease in both viscosity and molecular weight of the polymer. The technical feasibility of the production of exopolysaccharides by deep-sea bacteria Vibrio diabolicus and Alteromonas infernus was previously demonstrated using a bioproduct manufacturing process. The objective of this study was to determine which sterilization method, other than heat sterilization, was the most appropriate for these marine exopolysaccharides and was in accordance with bioprocess engineering requirements. Chemical sterilization using low-temperature ethylene oxide and a mixture of ionized gases (plasmas) was compared to the sterilization methods using gamma and beta radiations. The changes to both the physical and chemical properties of the sterilized exopolysaccharides were analyzed. The use of ethylene oxide can be recommended for the sterilization of
Global Sterilization Equipment Market Examined in New Daedal Research Report Now Available at MarketPublishers.com | Daedal...
LONDON - Growth in elderly population, increased demand for healthcare services, changes in healthcare reimbursement policies are amid the key factors affecting the global sterilization equipment market. The major markets for sterilization on a regional scale are the US and Europe. The Asian sterilization equipment market is currently on the rise and is forecast to demonstrate positive growth in the years to come, mainly in line with increased per capita income, growth of aging population and the number of surgeries.. Companies involved in the market activities are switching from moist sterilization to the progressive ethylene oxide, gamma radiation and low temperature gas plasma sterilization, and NO2-based sterilization. Ge-tinge, Steris, Sterigenics, Sakura, Advanced Sterilization Product are among the main market participants. In 2012, the market hit a USD 3 billion mark. The global sterilization equipment market is predicted to be over USD 4 billion by 2017, growing at a CAGR of more than ...
Bathroom Sets Sterilization Equipments New Rotating Mini Portable Uv Toothbrush Sterilizer - Buy Portable Toothbrush Sterilizer...
Bathroom Sets Sterilization Equipments New Rotating Mini Portable Uv Toothbrush Sterilizer , Find Complete Details about Bathroom Sets Sterilization Equipments New Rotating Mini Portable Uv Toothbrush Sterilizer,Portable Toothbrush Sterilizer,Uv Toothbrush Sterilizer,Toothbrush Uv Sterilizer from Bathroom Sets Supplier or Manufacturer-Shenzhen Goodfaith Industrial Co., Ltd.
Sterilization Wrap Market Volume Analysis, Segments, Value Share and Key Trends 2017-2027 - Webnewswire
Sterilization Wrap Market: Overview. Sterilization wrap is device intended to be used to enclose another medical device that is to be sterilized by health care professional. It is intended to allow sterilization of enclosed device and also to maintain sterility of enclosed device until instrument used. The development of high tech, complicated surgical devices especially for minimally invasive surgical procedures and increase variety of sterilization process require proper type of sterilization wrap to each device. Patient safety and positive patient outcome are the main reasons the sterilization sector of the health care departments. Hospital acquired infections and negative outcomes can impact a healthcare facilitys reputation. Woven absorbent sterilization wraps are reusable and fluid repellent. Nonwoven sterilization wraps obstruct microbial penetration. Multilayered sterilization wrap options used to package large or unusually shaped medical equipment. Sterilization wraps come in different ...
Dental Autoclave Sterilizers cheap price
Dental Autoclave Sterilizers - Get the best prices on autoclave accessories, dental autoclave sterilizers, large laboratory autoclave sterilizers and tabletop autoclave sterilizers including soft-sided carrying case for halogen and fo lights and portable dental sterilization cassette autoclave 110 v online at Medical Supplies & Equipment.
reverse osmosis water purification - ConHoo water Treatment Systems
Why UV Sterilization Is Important?. After raw water is treated, if it is to reach the drinking water standards, then it is definitely to be sterilized. The most common is uv sterilization and ozone sterilization. Water UV sterilization method is not to add any new impurities in the water, nor to make the treated water to make any chemical changes, but in a very short period of time to complete the sterilization process within its equipment. Therefore, the UV sterilization methods are mostly suitable for the production of sterile water sterilization. Microbial control of water used in the instrumentation plant includes bacteria of the genus Bacillus, wild yeasts, filamentous fungi and the like that are associated with the deterioration of the quality of the products and corruption.. ...
Patent US7247482 - Variable resistance sterilization process challenge device and method - Google Patents
A sterilization process challenge device has a sterilization indicator contained within a container; and a variable diffusion restriction into said container.
Sterilization Process - Kaizen Medical Management
We have made a detailed document regarding the standards and requirements of sterilization process in healthcare facilities which must be followed strictly, click here to view the file.. For NHRA guidelines for establishing a sterilization unit click here. ...
Biological Indicators for Steam Sterilization | Knowledge Center
Biological indicators can be used for various sterilization processes. To learn more about how they work, visit the Healthcare Knowledge Center.
Sterilization Equipment and Disinfectants Market in 2013-2019: Transparency Market Research: Transparency Market Research
According to a new market report published by Transparency Market Research Sterilization Equipment and Disinfectants Market (By Sterilization Equipment Type -Heat Sterilization, Low Temperature Sterilization, Filtration Sterilization and Radiation Sterilization,By Disinfectants Type-Low, Intermediate and High level and Oxidizing and Non-Oxidizing and By Applications- Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals and Life-Sciences) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019,in 2012, the global Sterilization Equipment and Disinfectants marketwas valued at USD 5.13 billion and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.5% during the forecast period 2013 to 2019 to reach a market value of USD 9.15 billion by 2019.. Browse Global Sterilization Equipment and Disinfectants Market Report with Full TOC at http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sterilization-equipment-market.html. Sterilization equipment and disinfectants are utilized to sterile various medical instruments, ...
The Effect of Sterilization on Plastics and Elastomers, 3rd Edition - Lamination and coextrusion
This reference guide brings together a wide range of essential data on the sterilization of plastics and elastomers, enabling engineers to make optimal material choices and design decisions. The data tables in this book enable engineers and scientists to select the right materials, and right sterilization method for a given product or application.
The Effect of Sterilization on Plastics and Elastomers, 3rd Edition - Nucleating agents
This reference guide brings together a wide range of essential data on the sterilization of plastics and elastomers, enabling engineers to make optimal material choices and design decisions. The data tables in this book enable engineers and scientists to select the right materials, and right sterilization method for a given product or application.
Sterilizer Sterilizers Sterilization Autoclave Autoclaves | Forums
Sterilizers Autoclaves, Sterilizer Autoclave Sterilizers Autoclaves Tuttnauer, Midmark, Pelton Crane, Market Forge, AMSCO, Steris, Getinge, Scican Statim
China Milk Uht Sterilizer Machine Sterilization Equipment - China Uht Sterilization Machine, Uht Sterilization Equipment
China Milk Uht Sterilizer Machine Sterilization Equipment, Find details about China Uht Sterilization Machine, Uht Sterilization Equipment from Milk Uht Sterilizer Machine Sterilization Equipment - Shanghai Ruipai Machinery Co., Ltd.
Wholesale Autoclave Food Sterilizer, China Wholesale Autoclave Food Sterilizer Manufacturers & Suppliers | Made-in-China.com
Wholesale Autoclave Food Sterilizer - Select 2018 high quality Wholesale Autoclave Food Sterilizer products in best price from certified Chinese Autoclave manufacturers, Autoclave Sterilizer suppliers, wholesalers and factory on Made-in-China.com
BIs come in many different shapes, sizes and configurations. Spore Strips have been in use for several decades and are still very widely used for a variety of sterilization processes. Self-Contained Biological Indicators (SCBIs) have become much more popular over the past 30 years, as they are more user friendly and often offer reduced incubation times. For situations where typical BIs are not appropriate, suspensions are widely used to directly inoculate product/substances and Mesas line of industrial use BIs are available to test the lethality of a sterilization cycle in a very specific area of a product or load.. ...
China UV Sterilizer Used for Tap Water Disinfection (ISO90001: 2008, SGS Certification) - China UV Sterilizers, UV Sterilizer...
China UV Sterilizer Used for Tap Water Disinfection (ISO90001: 2008, SGS Certification), Find details about China UV Sterilizers, UV Sterilizer Dust Cover from UV Sterilizer Used for Tap Water Disinfection (ISO90001: 2008, SGS Certification) - Peide Water Treatment Equipment Co., Ltd.
China UV Water Sterilizer Used for Wastewater Disinfection - China UV Sterilizers, Ultravoilet Water Sterilizer
China UV Water Sterilizer Used for Wastewater Disinfection, Find details about China UV Sterilizers, Ultravoilet Water Sterilizer from UV Water Sterilizer Used for Wastewater Disinfection - Peide Water Treatment Equipment Co., Ltd.
Wholesale Vacuum Autoclave Sterilizer, China Wholesale Vacuum Autoclave Sterilizer Manufacturers & Suppliers | Made-in-China.com
Wholesale Vacuum Autoclave Sterilizer - Select 2018 high quality Wholesale Vacuum Autoclave Sterilizer products in best price from certified Chinese Sterilizer Vacuum Machine manufacturers, High Vacuum Autoclave suppliers, wholesalers and factory on Made-in-China.com
Biological indicator evaluation resistometer - Wikipedia
A Biological Indicator Evaluation Resistometer or BIER vessel is a piece of equipment used to determine the time taken to reduce a bioload by 90% (also known as a log 1 reduction). The name derives from how the equipment is used. A BIER vessel evaluates the resistance of biological indicators to moist heat (steam) sterilization. For example, if a 90% reduction is determined to be 5 minutes for the microorganism being evaluated, then a D-value of 5 is assigned. D values are specific to starting bioload, substrate (the material the spores are on) and microbe species. BIER vessels typically cost in excess of $100 000US and therefore tend to be located where biological indicators are manufactured ...
tunnel Cactus / herbs drying machine / sterilization equipment Manufacturer
tunnel Cactus / herbs drying machine / sterilization equipment manufacturers, tunnel Cactus / herbs drying machine / sterilization equipment is dedicated to researching & Herbs and Spices Dry Sterilization Process; manufacturing industrial Herbs and Spices Dry Sterilization Process for food/chemical products/medicine sterilizing and drying. Our tunnel Cactus / herbs drying machine / sterilization equipment are highly automatic, environmentally friendly and energy-saving. Industrial Microwave Systems Co Ltd. have more than 200 national intellectual property patents
China Hand Cleaning Device UV Lamp Water Sterilizer - China Ultraviolet Sterilizer, UV Water Sterilizer
China Hand Cleaning Device UV Lamp Water Sterilizer, Find details about China Ultraviolet Sterilizer, UV Water Sterilizer from Hand Cleaning Device UV Lamp Water Sterilizer - Jiangsu YLD Water Processing Equipment Co., Ltd.
Smith & Nephew decontamination and sterilization procedures | Smith & Nephew - US Professional
Smith & Nephew decontamination and sterilization procedures for Orthopaedic devices, Endoscopic devices, and advanced surgical devices
Sterility assurance. All the efforts that go into the preparation of instruments are futile if the sterilization process itself is not successful. There are several methods at FMS to provide assurance of sterility.. Chemical indicators. Chemical indicators used at FMS, are useful in determining which packs have been properly processed versus those that have not. These color change indicators embedded on the outside of sterilization packaging materials.. Biological monitoring. FMS uses biological monitors (spore tests), as it is the most reliable method to validate that the sterilizer is functioning and that the sterilization of instruments is effective. These monitors consist of paper strips or vials impregnated with bacterial spores that are specifically resistant to the sterilization process. We reassure that biological monitoring, be conducted at least monthly.. ...
Coverage, Patient Education, and Counseling for Family Planning, Contraceptive Methods, and Sterilization Procedures
Read the AAFPs policy statement on coverage, patient education, and counseling for family planning, contraceptive methods, and sterilization procedures.
Failed outpatient sterilization procedures not associated with adverse pregnancy outcomes
While the risk of pregnancy is low after female sterilization procedures, 60 percent of pregnancies that do occur result in a live birth, according to a new study. Researchers looked at data from close to 1,000 pregnancies ...
biological indicators,biological indicators for sterilization-Product Center-Anqing Kangmingna Packaging Co., Ltd
KMNPack Biological indicators (BIs), as defined by ANSI/AAMI and ISO, are test systems containing viable microorganisms providing a defined resistance to a specific sterilization process.
Sterilization Cycles in a GMP Pharmaceutical Environment | Tuttnauer
The autoclave steam sterilization process relies on monitoring three parameters: time, temperature, and pressure. We use heat to perform sterilization and our carrier is moisture in an exact value. In order to achieve an effective sterilization process, we should have control of each one of the three parameters combined, in order to produce saturated steam.
About us - 59S UVC LED sterilization
59S Brand Concept. 59S Means EASY. Means a kind of life attitude. Means EasyLove. Life is busy, always. We dont have enough time But EVERYONE can take 59 seconds to give love to yourself and your family. Love is very simple, You only need 59S. 59S Brand Positioning: THE PIONEER OF LED STERILIZATION. 59S is the Pioneer of UV LED Sterilization in global. The First Company to make LED Sterilization products MP successfully 1 out every 2 LED beads made in the World are from 59S. The Meaning of 59S LED Sterilization: MAKE STERILIZATION EASY. Leave Moms hands-free Set Moms worry-free for childrens health Protecting Kids becomes easier from now on.. 59S Vision. Make Sterilization as EASY as washing hands. Everyone can afford it. Everyone would like to use Less disease for everyone. 59S Brand Proposition. 59S Never advocates excessive sterilization, We Just make sterilization easier for those necessary sterilization demands. Like W.H.O. advocates everyone to wash hands often, 59S reduces the harm ...
3M™ Attest™ Biological Indicator Test Pack 1276F for Steam Sterilization, Brown Cap 25 Packs/BX, 1 BX/CS | 3M United States
Biological Indicator test pack for Steam 250°F/121°C gravity displacement or 270°F/132°C vacuum assisted sterilization cycles, 48 hour readout
China Stainless Dental Sterilizer Cassette - China Sterilization Cassette, Dental Sterilizer
China Stainless Dental Sterilizer Cassette, Find details about China Sterilization Cassette, Dental Sterilizer from Stainless Dental Sterilizer Cassette - Tangshan UMG Medical Insrument Co., Ltd.
Spirit For Sterilization
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Preventions (CDC) Guideline for Disinfection and Sterilization in Healthcare Facilities 2008, when properly used, cleaning, disinfection and sterilization processes can reduce the risk for infection associated with use of invasive and noninvasive medical and surgical devices. - Eye drops should not be kept uncapped. Speaking in honor of Chen Guangcheng, she then found to her surprise that she was the recipient of the coveted Spirit of Tiananmen Award. He performed more than 30 sterilization procedures in just two hours. Henry Schein is a worldwide distributor of medical and dental supplies including vaccines, pharmaceuticals, financial services and equipment. Spirit definition, the principle of conscious life; the vital principle in humans, animating the body or mediating between body and soul. Panamanian Legislation on Sterilization Is Assailed. The Original ReproFX Spirit™ Tattoo Thermal Image Copier Paper is a quality tool for artists to ...
Common Sterilization Methods for Food Zhengzhou Hento Machinery Co., Ltd.
1. Ultra-high pressure sterilization technology Put food into the liquid, under the effect of 100~1000mpa pressure a certain period of time, so that the food will be sterilized. 2. Low-temperature sterilization Low-temperature usually use t
Rising Hospital-acquired Infections Escalate Demand for Sterilization Equipment - TMR Blog
Sterilization refers to an important procedure of infection control in various healthcare facilities, such as laboratories, clinics, and hospitals. Substantial rise in hospital-acquired infections has forced many medical practitioners to take strict regulatory actions to heal these infections with different sterilization equipment. These sterilization equipments are available for absolute destruction of microorganisms. This factor is anticipated to fuel global sterilization equipment market over the period of forecast.. Growing Number of Surgeries Necessitate Usage of Sterilization Equipment. Expanding geriatric population coupled with the rise in the number of surgeries conducted at clinics and hospitals is expected to fuel the growth for global sterilization equipment market.. Growing prevalence of diseases, such as tuberculosis and cancer, increased cases of hospital- associated/acquired (HAI) are important factors that are expected to steer the growth of global sterilization equipment ...
αποστείρωση με οξείδιο του αιθυλενίου -| EtO sterilization, EtO sterilisation, ethylene oxide sterilization, ethylene oxide...
αποστείρωση με οξείδιο του αιθυλενίου -| EtO sterilization, EtO sterilisation, ethylene oxide sterilization, ethylene oxide sterilisation, EO sterilization, EO sterilisation
Ethylene Oxide Gas Sterilization Process Sterilizing Medical Equipment , Medical Sterilizer Machine
Quality Low Temperature Plasma Sterilizer manufacturers & exporter - buy Ethylene Oxide Gas Sterilization Process Sterilizing Medical Equipment , Medical Sterilizer Machine from China manufacturer.
Anatomy of an Ethylene Oxide Sterilization Process | TechTip | STERIS AST
Learn how the ethylene oxide sterilization process works, including each step of the process & items for consideration with this tech tip from STERIS AST.
China LED Digital Steam Sterilization for Hospital - China Led Digital Steam Sterilization for Hospital, Dental Led Digital...
China LED Digital Steam Sterilization for Hospital, Find details about China Led Digital Steam Sterilization for Hospital, Dental Led Digital Autoclave from LED Digital Steam Sterilization for Hospital - Ningbo JOIDENT Electronics Technology Co., Ltd.
steam sterilization standards list - steam sterilization standards for sale
steam sterilization standards for sale - 6675 - steam sterilization standards wholesalers & steam sterilization standards manufacturers from China manufacturers.
Plasma Sterilization Using the High Voltage Pulsed Discharge at Atmospheric Pressure
Abstract: Rapid, safe and effective sterilization of harmful microorganisms is important for the public in general and hospital patients in particular. Non-equilibrium gaseous discharges have been found to be effective agents for sterilization. The ability to generate these discharges at atmospheric pressure makes the sterilization process practical and inexpensive. Cold plasmas generated by such discharges make their use suitable for applications where medium preservation is desired. In addition, these cold plasmas proved to be very effective due to the synergistic effects of active species, charged particles and UV photons which interact with the cells of microorganisms on the atomic and molecular levels. In this study, a high voltage pulsed plasma sterilization method, a simple and efficient way, was tried on the Staphylococcus aureus. ...
Buy LD food autoclave steam sterilizer/sterilizer autoclave/sterilization autoclave - Jinan Joysun Machinery Co., Ltd.
Buy LD food autoclave steam sterilizer/sterilizer autoclave/sterilization autoclave from Jinan Joysun Machinery Co., Ltd.，autoclave sterilizer Distributor online Service suppliers.
Steam Sterilization indicator ink,sterilization ink,sterilization indicator ink
Sterilization Indicatior Ink, Special Ink Steam sterilization indication ink is used to test steam sterilization effects.When the steams temperature in a disinfection cabinet is within 121°Cto135°C
BS-EN-ISO-10993-7 | Biological evaluation of medical devices. Ethylene oxide sterilization residuals | Document Center, Inc.
BS-EN-ISO-10993-7 Biological evaluation of medical devices. Ethylene oxide sterilization residuals - Biological hazards, Testing conditions, Determination of content, Sterile equipment, Calibration, Medical equipment, Formulae (mathematics), Sampling methods, Sterilization (hygiene), Gas chromatography, Aqueous extraction methods, Factor of safety, Safety measures, Precision, Solvent extraction methods, Ethylene oxide, Chemical hazards, Conformity, Dose (drug), Biological analysis and testing, Standard solutions, Temperature, Extraction methods of analysis, Chemical analysis and testing
The Validation of Vapor Phase Hydrogen Peroxide Microbial Reduction for Planetary Protection and a Proposed Vacuum Process...
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory, in conjunction with the NASA Planetary Protection Officer, has selected the vapor phase hydrogen peroxide sterilization process for continued development as a NASA approved sterilization technique for spacecraft subsystems and systems. The goal is to include this technique, with an appropriate specification, in NPR 8020.12C as a low temperature complementary technique to the dry heat sterilization process.To meet microbial reduction requirements for all Mars in-situ life detection and sample return missions, various planetary spacecraft subsystems will have to be exposed to a qualified sterilization process. This process could be the elevated temperature dry heat sterilization process (~115 C for 40 hours) which was used to sterilize the Viking lander spacecraft. However, with utilization of such elements as highly sophisticated electronics and sensors in modern spacecraft, this process presents significant materials challenges and is thus an undesirable bioburden
Ethylene Oxide Sterilization for Medical Devices | FDA
About ethylene oxide sterilization for medical devices and FDAs role in assuring that medical devices sterilized with ethylene oxide are safe and effective.
Biological evaluation of medical devices - Part 7: Ethylene oxide sterilization residuals
Online quality and compliance store. Buy Biological evaluation of medical devices - Part 7: Ethylene oxide sterilization residuals
Microwave Disposable tableware sterilization Drying and Sterilization Equipment
Microwave Disposable tableware sterilization Drying and Sterilization Equipment of the Microwave Drying and Sterilization Equipment equipment: the magnetron produce microwave, the microwave penetrate the material, the water molecule(hydrone) friction, getting the result of heating Microwave Drying and Sterilization Equipment and Microwave Disposable tableware sterilization Drying and Sterilization Equipment.Microwave Disposable tableware sterilization Drying and Sterilization Equipment is ideal for drying chemical powder, medicine, flower bud, deep drying fruit, candied fruit,vegetable, vegetable powder,subsidiary agricultural products, Microwave Disposable tableware sterilization Drying and Sterilization Equipment fresh flower, health care products, etc
Hot chili/pepper/paprika dryer and sterilizer machine/microwave drying and sterilization equipment Manufacturer
Spices Microwave Dryer Sterilizer, Floating Fish Feed Extruder from Stainless Steel Spices Microwave Dryer Sterilizer - Industrial Microwave Systems Co Ltd. manufacture a chili Hot chili/pepper/paprika dryer and sterilizer machine/microwave drying and sterilization equipment for spice company. The spice size is 40 mesh, the material moisture content is around 18%. The company target is to eliminate the pathogenic bacteria like yeast, mould, E-coli and staphylococcus as well as the Total Viable Count. Spices Microwave Dryer Sterilizer continuously pasteurizes the material in order to process a large amount of spices. We are able to manufacture different capacity microwave sterilization machines from 200kg/hour to 1000kg/hour.
Steam Tuttnauer Autoclave Sterilizer discount price
Tabletop Autoclave Sterilizers: specializing in autoclave accessories, dental autoclave sterilizers, large laboratory autoclave sterilizers and tabletop autoclave sterilizers with reasonable prices and unmatched quality at Medical Supplies & Equipment.
China Female Sterilization Procedures Outlook 2023 Report Provides Key Procedures Data | Medgadget
Summary GlobalDatas new report, China Female Sterilization Procedures Outlook to 2023, provides key procedures data on the China Female Sterilization Pr
Few women regret sterilization procedures
Women who experienced substantial conflict with their husbands before the husbands vasectomy were more than 25 times as likely to request that their husbands undergo vasectomy reversal as those who did not experience such conflict. Among couples with substantial conflict prior to tubal sterilization, the woman was about 3 times as likely to express regret and 5 times as likely to request reversal as those not reporting such conflict. The study did not ask women to specify the nature of the conflict, so the authors do not know whether the conflicts were about the sterilization procedure or about other matters ...
paprika/hot Spices Microwave LD Sterilizer pepper/chili microwave drying and sterilization equipment --industrial/agricultural...
China Stainless Steel paprika/hot Spices Microwave LD Sterilizer pepper/chili microwave drying and sterilization equipment --industrial/agricultural microwave LD and sterilizer, Find details aboutSpices Microwave Dryer Sterilizer, Floating Fish Feed Extruder from Stainless Steel Spices Microwave Dryer Sterilizer - industrial continuous microwave dryer and sterilizer equipment
coriander Microwave sterilization machine on sale
Microwave fast food heating equipment coriander Microwave sterilization machine on sale,ready to eat meal microwave snack heating equipment ,fast microwave fast food heating machine,microwave fast food heating machine ,fast microwave snack heating machine Microwave Heating Equipment are suitable for heating ,low temperature sterilizing fast food and snack,widely used in industrial enterprise, school, fast food companies, restaurants, arena, exhibition and other fast food distribution.Shandong Leader Machinery Co.,ltd. The advantages are :Microwave Heating Equipment high productivity,continuous and fast ,can finish heating in 2 minutes ,dont destory the nutritional content of food ,dont change color ,dont change the flavor.while deliverying machine coriander Microwave sterilization machine on sale,Shandong Leader Machinery Co.,ltd. will provide 2 sets spare parts freely. For the whole equipment coriander Microwave sterilization machine on sale,warranty is 12 months,within 12 months,if have ...
lemongrass Microwave sterilization machine on sale
Microwave fast food heating equipment lemongrass Microwave sterilization machine on sale,ready to eat meal microwave snack heating equipment ,fast microwave fast food heating machine,microwave fast food heating machine ,fast microwave snack heating machine Microwave Heating Equipment are suitable for heating ,low temperature sterilizing fast food and snack,widely used in industrial enterprise, school, fast food companies, restaurants, arena, exhibition and other fast food distribution.Shandong Leader Machinery Co.,ltd. The advantages are :Microwave Heating Equipment high productivity,continuous and fast ,can finish heating in 2 minutes ,dont destory the nutritional content of food ,dont change color ,dont change the flavor.while deliverying machine lemongrass Microwave sterilization machine on sale,Shandong Leader Machinery Co.,ltd. will provide 2 sets spare parts freely. For the whole equipment lemongrass Microwave sterilization machine on sale,warranty is 12 months,within 12 months,if have ...
China spices steam sterilization Manufacturers, Suppliers, Factory and Company - Qingdao Tai Foong Foods Co.,Ltd
Qingdao Tai Foong Foods Co.,Ltd is one of the best spices steam sterilization manufacturers and suppliers in China, and also a professional factory and company, welcome to wholesale high-quality spices steam sterilization from us.
factory drying fast with dried fruit drying microwave sterilization equipment
Potato chip production line has different types of factory drying fast with dried fruit drying microwave sterilization equipment,Wholesale Various High Quality Microwave Drying machine Products from Global factory drying fast with dried fruit drying microwave sterilization equipment Suppliers and Microwave Drying machine Factory.Manufacturers, Exporters & supplier of factory drying fast with dried fruit drying microwave sterilization equipment
Microwave Sterilization Equipment
Buy Microwave Sterilization Equipment, we provide quality Microwave Sterilization Equipment and by the cheap Microwave Sterilization Equipment we provide from China, we can establish long-term corporation.
UV Sterilization For Indoor Grow Houses - UV Sterilizer for Hydroponics - Aqua UV
At Aqua Ultraviolet, we have years of experience developing high-quality sterilization products for grow houses, aquaculture, pools and ponds, aquariums, and more - and we use cutting-edge technology to provide our customers with the best products. Our products are EPA-certified, and were the first UV sterilization manufacturer to receive EPA certification on our products - so you can trust in the quality, reliability, and effectiveness of our UV sterilizers for hydroponics. Contact Us For More Information About UV Sterilization For Indoor Grow Houses If youd like to get started with UV sterilization for hydroponics or grow houses, but youre not sure where to start or which UV sterilizer may be right for your facility, the team at Aqua Ultraviolet is here to help. Contact us online to speak to an expert and get the assistance you need while selecting a UV sterilizer for your facility. Well assist you throughout the entire process, and ensure you get the product thats right for your own unique
South Korea Female Sterilization Procedures Market Outlook to 2023 - Aging community and High Prevalence Rate of overweight to...
Orbis Research Market brilliance released a new research report of 18 pages on title South Korea Female Sterilization Procedures Outlook to 2023 with det
Spain Female Sterilization Procedures Outlook to 2020 | Jul 3, 2014 - ReleaseWire
Press Release issued Jul 3, 2014: Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of Spain Female Sterilization Procedures Outlook to 2020 market report to its offering
Hair Beauty Salon Tool Sterilizer, Hair Beauty Salon Tool Sterilizer Suppliers and Manufacturers at Alibaba.com
Alibaba.com offers 930 hair beauty salon tool sterilizer products. About 54% of these are sterilization equipments, 24% are other beauty equipment, and 6% are other nail supplies. A wide variety of hair beauty salon tool sterilizer options are available to you, such as ultrasonic sterilization equipments, dry heat sterilization equipments, and pressure steam sterilization equipments.
Specificity, accuracy, and interpretation of measurements of ethylene oxide gas concentrations
Effectiveness of Microwave Sterilization on Three Hard Chairside Reline Resins. Neppelenbroek, Karin Hermana; Pavarina, Ana Cláudia; Spolidorio, Denise Madalena Palomari; Vergani, Carlos Eduardo; Mima, Ewerton Garcia de Oliveira; Machado, Ana Lúcia // International Journal of Prosthodontics;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p616 Purpose: The aim of this study was to evaluate the effectiveness of microwave irradiation sterilization on hard chairside reline resins. Materials and Methods: Specimens of three reline resins (Kooliner, Tokuso Rebase, and Ufi Gel Hard) were fabricated and subjected to ethylene oxide... ...
The alternative technologies for healthcare waste disposal are steam sterilization, advanced steam sterilization, microwave treatment, dry heat sterilization, alkaline hydrolysis, biological treatment and plasma gasification.. Steam sterilization is one of the most common alternative treatment method. Steam sterilization is done in closed chambers where both heat and pressure are applied over a period of time to destroy all microorganisms that may be present in healthcare waste before landfill disposal. Among alternative systems, autoclaving has the lowest capital costs and can be used to process up to 90% of medical waste, and are easily scaled to meet the needs of any medical organization.. Advanced autoclaves or advanced steam treatment technologies combine steam treatment with vacuuming, internal mixing or fragmentation, internal shredding, drying, and compaction thus leading to as much as 90% volume reduction. Advanced steam systems have higher capital costs than standard autoclaves of the ...
Continuous Spices Microwave LD Sterilizer microwave drying and sterilization machine for pepper
China Stainless Steel Continuous Spices Microwave LD Sterilizer microwave drying and sterilization machine for pepper, Find details aboutSpices Microwave Dryer Sterilizer, Floating Fish Feed Extruder from Stainless Steel Spices Microwave Dryer Sterilizer - industrial continuous microwave dryer and sterilizer equipment
Autoclave Autoclave essay - Infinis
Autoclave. Autoclave. Autoclave,invented in 1879 by Charles Chamberland, is a pressure vessel thatsterilises supplies and equipments by subjecting them to hightemperature and pressure for some time depending on the contents andthe size of the load. Autoclave, in other words, is a steam-pressuresteriliser (Norgard, 2010). Autoclaves are useful in medicine, bodypiercing, mycology, microbiology, podiatry, veterinary science,tattooing, among others. The autoclave vessels vary in size dependingon their functions and the media to be sterilised. Pressurein the autoclave vessel influences the temperature hence, the timingof the sterilization process. According to basic principles ofchemistry, when gas pressure increases, its temperature alsoincreases proportionally. When water is boiled up to 100°C,it produces steam. If the steam is trapped and then compressed, itspressure increase hence, the temperature rises up. Normally,autoclaves have sterilizing chamber to place the components to besterilised and ...
Microwave Ceramic stereotypes drying sterilizer machine
Microwave Ceramic stereotypes drying sterilizer machine: Microwave drying sterilizer machine temperature is from 70℃to 105℃,period is from 90 to 180 seconds. Microwave drying sterilizer machine effects change the bacterial protein, make if lose nutrition, reproduction and survival conditons and death. Microwave electromagnetic field can make normal growth and stability of the genetic breeding of bacteria nucleic acidMicrowave Ceramic stereotypes drying sterilizer machine of hydrogen bonds slack, breakage and recombination,Microwave Ceramic stereotypes drying sterilizer machine inducing genetic mutations, chromosomal aberrations and even rupture.
Gas Plasma Sterilization as Alternative to Ethylene Oxide | Plasmapp
Need a quick refresher on hydrogen peroxide gas plasma sterilization? Here are 10-things to know about the best alternative to ethylene oxide (ETo)
Paper shrimp microwave sterilization equipment
Paper shrimp microwave sterilization equipmentoffers a complete range of 915 MHz Microwave thawing machine for the food industry and tunnels for tempering and thawing from -20°C to -4/-2°C. Capacity for Paper shrimp microwave sterilization equipment varies from 150 to 1500 kg per hour. Capacity for microwave tunnels varies between 2.5 and 12 T per hour. Treatment time is only a few minutes. Then the blocks can be ...Industrial Microwave Systems Co Ltd.
Product definition for Ethylene Oxide Sterilization Validation
Dear all, Im designing a sterilization validation and, in general, a sterilization assurance system. All the products in range were reviewed by a qualified...
China Household Ozone Generator/Ozone Sterilizer/Ozone Equipment HK-A1 - China Ozone Generator, Ozone Sterilizer
China Household Ozone Generator/Ozone Sterilizer/Ozone Equipment HK-A1, Find details about China Ozone Generator, Ozone Sterilizer from Household Ozone Generator/Ozone Sterilizer/Ozone Equipment HK-A1 - Guangzhou Roson Medical Devices Co., Ltd.
18l Dental Medical Autoclave Sterilizer Vacuum Steam Sterilization Automatically
Chamber capacity:Ø25×D35CM (Ø9.84×D13.78inch). Outside Size(LWH) 583936 CM. Packing Size(LWH) 644436.5CM. Sterilizer temperature/pressure121/0.12Mpa; 134/0.22Mpa. SAFETY : Heating-over protection ; safety valve. Pressure adjustment: adjust the inter pressure, if over standard value. Avoild overheat protect device: when inter temperature overheat, power break electric current automatically. Temp and Press display :Led several windows. Disinfection principleUses the vapor power emissions cold air / 2 times. Before each use, distilled water is better. Do not use any corrosive or chemical water as the disinfection. Do not share the same electricoutllet with other electrical apparetus. Please pay attention to correct voltage and frequency. Connect steam exhaust pipe with the steam ventbefore operation. The sale of this item may be subject to regulation by the U. Food and Drug Administration and state and local regulatry agencies. If the item you received is damaged or defective, Please message to ...
US eugenic sterilization on Black people was act of genocide: Study
A sterilization program that ran in North Carolina from 1929 to 1974 was explicitly designed to breed out Black citizens and met the UN definition of genocide, a study said this week.
China Widely Used Stainless Sterilizer Cassette Basic Dental Instrument - China Basic Dental Instrument, Stainless Sterilizer...
China Widely Used Stainless Sterilizer Cassette Basic Dental Instrument, Find details about China Basic Dental Instrument, Stainless Sterilizer Cassette from Widely Used Stainless Sterilizer Cassette Basic Dental Instrument - Tangshan UMG Medical Insrument Co., Ltd.
China Ozone Sterilizer of Fruits and Vegetables - China Water Purifier, Water Ozone Sterilizer
China Ozone Sterilizer of Fruits and Vegetables, Find details about China Water Purifier, Water Ozone Sterilizer from Ozone Sterilizer of Fruits and Vegetables - M Fresh High-Tech Co., Ltd.
Section 33 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
Compensation for forced sterilization. In 1998, Alberta introduced, but later abandoned, a bill that would attempt to use ... Institutional Confinement and Sexual Sterilization Compensation Act. Sections 2 and 7 to 15. Bill dropped by legislature ... Bill 26, Institutional Confinement and Sexual Sterilization Compensation Act, 2nd Sess, 24th Leg, Alberta, 1998. Available at ... approved by the Alberta Eugenics Board before the Sexual Sterilization Act was repealed. ...
Nazi human experimentation
"Sterilization Experiments". Jewish Virtual Library. Retrieved 23 March 2008.. *^ a b Vollman, Jochen; Rolf Winau. "Informed ... The targets for sterilization included Jewish and Roma populations. These experiments were conducted by means of X-ray, ... Sterilization and fertility experiments. The Law for the Prevention of Genetically Defective Progeny was passed on 14 July 1933 ... The law was used to encourage growth of the Aryan race through the sterilization of persons who fell under the quota of being ...
Sterilization and disinfection. Main articles: Ultraviolet germicidal irradiation and Germicidal lamp ... these lamps are used only as a supplement to other sterilization techniques. ...
Sterilization. If administered at appropriate levels, all forms of ionizing radiation can sterilize objects, including ... International Database on Insect Disinfestation and Sterilization, Joint FAO/IAEA Division of Nuclear Techniques in Food and ...
Cleaning and sterilization. In the UK, the current advice given by NHS Choices remains to sterilize baby bottles, ... It remains to be seen whether these materials can withstand the rigours of daily cleaning and sterilization. Another competitor ... Sterilization is also recommended in Australia, such as by Milton sterilizing fluid. A current recommendation in the US is ... and could withstand the heat of sterilization. (As these sources note, "early black Indian rubber... had a very strong pungent ...
Moist heat sterilization
See also: Sterilization (microbiology). Moist heat sterilization describes sterilization techniques that use hot water vapor as ... Pressure sterilization is the prevailing method used for medical sterilization of heat-resistant tools, and for sterilization ... Heating an article is one of the earliest forms of sterilization practiced. Moist heat sterilization processes sterilize using ... indicates that sterilization was not achieved and the sterilization cycle may need revision or improvement. ...
Sterilisation, disinfectant and antiseptic. Dental assistants play a large role in ensuring that the reusable dental ... Sterilisation process consists of *Autoclaving where moist heat kills bacteria by denaturation of high protein- containing ... Bev W (October 2013). "A Review of Pre-Sterilisation Cleaning Methods". Dental Nursing. 9: 20-24. doi:10.12968/denn.2013.9. ... Dry heat sterilization which requires a higher temperature and longer time (1-2 hours) than steam autoclave, therefore, only ...
Radiation sterilization of medical devices. Electron beam processing is commonly used for sterilization. Electron beams ... "2019 Midwest Medical Device Sterilization Workshop: Summary Report" (PDF). United States Department of Energy. November 2019.. ...
... these lamps are used only as a supplement to other sterilization techniques. ...
... increased time since sterilization, younger age at the time of sterilization, and certain methods of sterilization are all ... "Hulka Clip Sterilization via Laparoscopy". Atlasofpelvicsurgery.com. Retrieved 2013-06-25.. *^ "Silastic Band Sterilization via ... Postablation tubal sterilization syndrome. Main article: Post-ablation tubal sterilization. Some women who have undergone ... Compulsory sterilization. References. *^ a b Trussell, James (2011). "Contraceptive efficacy". In Hatcher, Robert A.; ...
These rates are comparable to tubal sterilization, but unlike sterilization the effects of the hormonal IUD are reversible. ... 2012). "Family planning: contraception, sterilization, and pregnancy termination". In Lentz, Gretchen M.; Lobo, Rogerio A.; ...
Sterilization. *Female: Essure. *Tubal ligation. Male: Vasectomy. Experimental. *Reversible inhibition of sperm under guidance ...
Sterilization. *Female: Essure. *Tubal ligation. Male: Vasectomy. Experimental. *Reversible inhibition of sperm under guidance ...
"Sterilisation for women and men: what you need to know".. *^ Griffin, T; Tooher, R; Nowakowski, K; Lloyd, M; Maddern, G (2005 ... Reilly, Phillip (1991). The Surgical Solution: A History of Involuntary Sterilization in the United States. Johns Hopkins ... "Vasectomy occlusion techniques for male sterilization". Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD003991. ... Nielsen CM, Genster HG (1980). "Male sterilization with vasectomy. The effect of the operation on sex life". Ugeskrift for ...
Sterilization. *Female: Essure. *Tubal ligation. Male: Vasectomy. Experimental. *Reversible inhibition of sperm under guidance ...
Vasectomy is a surgical procedure for male sterilization or permanent birth control. During the procedure, the vasa deferentia ...
Bill Baird (activist)
Compulsory sterilization. *Contraceptive security. *Genital integrity *Circumcision controversies. *Genital modification and ...
Instruments used in urology
Sterilization. Microbiological sterilization, disinfection, quarantine & biological waste management. Fundamental clinical ...
Etonogestrel birth control implant
In comparison, tubal sterilization has a failure rate of 0.5% and IUDs have a failure rate of 0.2-0.8%. These statistics ... Also, tubal sterilization is permanent, whereas the subdermal implant is completely reversible, required to be replaced every ... suggest that Implanon and Nexplanon are almost ten times more effective at preventing pregnancy than tubal sterilization. ...
Birth control pill formulations
Combined injectable birth control
Etonogestrel birth control implant
In comparison, tubal sterilization has a failure rate of 0.5% and IUDs have a failure rate of 0.2-0.8%. A single implant is ...
ICD-10 Chapter XXI: Factors influencing health status and contact with health services
Z30.2 Sterilization. *Z30.3 Menstrual extraction. *Z30.4 Surveillance of contraceptive drugs. *Z30.5 Surveillance of ( ...
Incentives for sterilization.. *The Denver Dollar-a-day program, i.e. paying teenage mothers for not becoming pregnant ... Largent, Mark (2008). Breeding Contempt: The History of Coerced Sterilization in the United States. New Brunswick: Rutgers ... In the past, eugenics had more to do with sterilization and enforced reproduction laws. Now, in the age of a progressively ... "Sterilization of Unfit Advocated - Feeble-minded Increasing at Disproportionate Rate in Canada - Case for Ungenics". The ...
Talk:Race and intelligence/Archive 19
Arbor's list of characteristics are for the sterilization law specifically; the T-4 program was much more flexible. But to my ... sterilization, "euthanasia"), they also integrated eugenic concerns into their racial rhetoric. After the war, it was seen that ...
Sterilization (disambiguation). Disambiguation page providing links to topics that could be referred to by the same search term ... Sterilization (microbiology), any process that eliminates or kills all forms of life from an item or field ...
Birth control - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sterilization[change , change source]. This is when a man or woman has surgery to make them not able to make babies. ... Sterilization is extremely effective, and they allow a man and woman to have intercourse that seems and feels very natural. But ... This is not applicable to sterilization, birth control due to financial hardship, or methods that deprive a woman of her right ... sterilization does involve surgery, which can cost more than other types of contraception and can be unpleasant, and unlike ...
فرابنفش - ویکیپدیا، دانشنامهٔ آزاد
... these lamps are used only as a supplement to other sterilization techniques. ...
"Ethylene Oxide Sterilization , Disinfection & Sterilization Guidelines , Guidelines Library , Infection Control ,CDC". www.cdc. ... If nothing will grow, then the spores were destroyed and the sterilization was successful. ...
"Forced/Coerced Sterilization". Stopvaw.org. Retrieved 12 April 2017.. *^ "Czech regret over sterilisation". BBC News. 2009-11- ... Further information: Forced sterilization, Forced pregnancy, and Forced abortion. Reproductive rights are legal rights and ... Forced sterilization has often targeted ethnic minority groups, such as Roma women in Eastern Europe, or indigenous ... "Peru women fight for justice over forced sterilisation". BBC News. Retrieved 12 April 2017 ...
For radiation sterilization, the process is similar to above, although it uses radiation intensity instead of heat. t = time. N ... Batch sterilization is the reduction of contaminant organisms through the heating of a vessel. The entire volume of media is ... The temperature is increased until it reaches the sterilization temperature where it is held for a set period of time. During ... When running a thermal batch sterilization, a system goes through 3 steps: heating, holding, and cooling. Heating requires the ...
Sterilization & Monitoring
Moist heat sterilization - Wikipedia
See also: Sterilization (microbiology). Moist heat sterilization describes sterilization techniques that use hot water vapor as ... Pressure sterilization is the prevailing method used for medical sterilization of heat-resistant tools, and for sterilization ... Heating an article is one of the earliest forms of sterilization practiced. Moist heat sterilization processes sterilize using ... indicates that sterilization was not achieved and the sterilization cycle may need revision or improvement. ...
Sterilization | Encyclopedia.com
sterilization* Voluntary sterilization: the clinical possibilitiesSterilization refers to the procedure performed to stop ... sterilization Voluntary sterilization: the clinical possibilities. Sterilization refers to the procedure performed to stop ... Sterilization. Sterilization is a term that refers to the complete killing or elimination of living organisms in the sample ... Sterilization. Sterilization is the result of any procedure or condition by which a person becomes incapable of reproducing. ...
sterilization News - MoneyBeat - WSJ
Liquid Chemical Sterilization | FDA
... liquid chemical sterilization is different from thermal and gas/vapor/plasma low temperature sterilization. As explained on ... FDA believes that sterilization with liquid chemical sterilants does not convey the same sterility assurance as sterilization ... using thermal or gas/vapor/plasma low temperature sterilization methods. ... Liquid Chemical Sterilization. Liquid chemical sterilization involves a two-part process:. *Devices are treated with a liquid ...
Sterilization Deaths in India
Syringe Sterilization | The BMJ
Call 832-826-7500 to make an appointment with a BCM Ob/Gyn specializing in female sterilization.... ... Hysteroscopic sterilization. In hysteroscopic sterilization, also known as the Essure procedure, a small scope is used to ... Female sterilization is a procedure that closes or blocks a womans fallopian tubes, providing permanent birth control. The ... Female sterilization does not protect against sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), including HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. ...
See Overview of female sterilization and Laparoscopic female sterilization and Hysteroscopic sterilization.) ... Female sterilization may be performed immediately after childbirth (postpartum sterilization) or at a time unrelated to a ... Most interval sterilization procedures are performed via laparoscopy.. This topic review will focus on postpartum sterilization ... Sterilization. Obstet Gynecol 2008; 111:189.. *Peterson HB, Pollack AE, Warshaw JS. Tubal sterilization. In: TeLindes ...
Disinfection, Sterilization, and Preservation - Google Livros
... sterilization, and preservation and their medical, surgical, and public health applications. More than a third of this ... pulsed-light sterilization of pharmaceuticals, and new methods for medical waste management. Close attention is given to ... sterilization, and preservation and their medical, surgical, and public health applications. More than a third of this ... pulsed-light sterilization of pharmaceuticals, and new methods for medical waste management. Close attention is given to ...
quinacrine sterilisation - sahelisite
quinacrine sterilisation QUINACRINE STERILISATION. Quinacrine Sterilisation (QS) is a non-surgical, permanent method of ... CAMPAIGN UPDATE: QUINACRINE STERILISATION Newsletter Mar 1998 QUINACRINE STERILISATION: ILLEGAL AND UNETHICAL EXPERIMENTS ON ... QUINACRINE STERILISATION. The Sordid Story of Chemical Sterilisations of Women. A Saheli Report. July 1997 / November 2000. ... NGOs and government hospitals who were brazenly subjecting women to this hazardous form of sterilisation. Finally it took a ...
Sterilization of Catheters | The BMJ
unwanted sterilization | Independent Lens | PBS
Unwanted Sterilization and Eugenics Programs in the United States. From No Más Bebés: Maria Hurtado in the abandoned maternity ... Coerced sterilization is a shameful part of Americas history, and one doesnt have to go too far back to find examples of it. ... federally-funded sterilization programs took place in 32 states throughout the 20th century. … READ MORE ...
Permanent Sterilization - Gynecology
Permanent sterilization is a method of contraception that should be considered by women who have completed their childbearing. ... Permanent sterilization entails the cutting or blocking of the fallopian tubes to prevent the egg and sperm from meeting. This ... Permanent sterilization should be considered as a birth control option in those who have completed their childbearing or in ... Permanent sterilization is attractive because it is simple, effective and minimally invasive. The success rate is generally ...
Sterilization Pouches | Staples
Choose from our wide selection of Sterilization Pouches and get fast & free shipping on select orders. ... Defend PLUS® Sanax Sterilization Pouch With Dual Indicator, 3 1/2" x 5 1/4" Item: 1612218 / Model : D2D3710 ... Defend PLUS® Sanax Sterilization Pouch With Dual Indicator, 5 1/4" x 10" Item: 1612216 / Model : D2D3720 ... Defend PLUS® Sanax Sterilization Pouch With Dual Indicator, 3 1/2" x 10" Item: 1612217 / Model : D2D3715 ...
CDC - Female Sterilization - US SPR - Reproductive Health
When Hysteroscopic Sterilization Is Reliable for Contraception. *Before a woman can rely on hysteroscopic sterilization for ... Female sterilization does not protect against STDs; consistent and correct use of male latex condoms reduces the risk for STDs ... When Hysteroscopic Sterilization Is Reliable for Contraception. *When Laparoscopic and Abdominal Approches Are Reliable for ... Fewer than 1 out of 100 women become pregnant in the first year after female sterilization (14). Because these methods are ...
Faculty of Medicine - Central Sanitation & Sterilization
Mandatory pet sterilization favored - Sun Sentinel
Palm Beach County commissioners appear ready to adopt a mandatory countywide pet sterilization policy, tapping into an ... A lower-cost option is the possibility of reviving a defunct sterilization voucher program. Tuesdays workshop drew a crowd of ... A few others, though, spoke in opposition to a mandatory sterilization plan and some criticized plans to increase various ... Palm Beach County commissioners appear ready to adopt a mandatory countywide pet sterilization policy, tapping into an ...
The sterilization of Condorito
CDC - Female and Male Sterilization - USMEC - Reproductive Health
Tubal sterilization for women and vasectomy for men are permanent, safe, and highly effective methods of contraception. In ... A comparison of womens regret after vasectomy versus tubal sterilization. Obstet Gynecol 2002;99:1073-9. PubMedExternal. ... Female and male sterilization do not protect against sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), including human immunodeficiency ... Because these methods are intended to be irreversible, persons who choose sterilization should be certain that they want to ...
Create healthcare diagrams like this example called Tubal Sterilization in minutes with SmartDraw. SmartDraw includes 1000s of ... Tubal Sterilization. Surgical steps in tubal sterilization where uterine tube is tied off (top) and incised (bottom).. LifeART ... Tubal Sterilization. Create healthcare diagrams like this example called Tubal Sterilization in minutes with SmartDraw. ...
Ethylene Oxide Sterilization for Medical Devices | FDA
About ethylene oxide sterilization for medical devices and FDAs role in assuring that medical devices sterilized with ethylene ... Report Sterilization Site Changes to the FDA. If your products are affected by the stop of operations at a sterilization ... Ethylene Oxide Sterilization Facility Updates. *FDA Innovation Challenge 1: Identify New Sterilization Methods and Technologies ... FDAs Actions to Advance Medical Device Sterilization. The FDA is actively working with sterilization experts, medical device ...
130 CMR 485.000: Sterilization Clinic | Mass.gov
Downloads for 130 CMR 485.000: Sterilization Clinic. Open PDF file, 41.82 KB, for Sterilization Clinic Regulations (PDF 41.82 ... Related to 130 CMR 485.000: Sterilization Clinic. Sterilization Clinic Manual for MassHealth Providers ... 101 CMR 313.00: Rates for Freestanding Clinics Providing Abortion and Sterilization Services 2/21/2020 ... Open DOC file, 61.5 KB, for Sterilization Clinic Regulations (DOC 61.5 KB) ...
Impoverished Bangladesh plans sterilization program - UPI Archives
As Ershad asks his countrymen to accept voluntary sterilizations for the sake of national survival, 60,000 village doctors will ... Hugo Hoogenboom, executive director of the Association for Voluntary Sterilization, said the Bangladesh birth control drive was ... The government has trained 1,200 doctors and 25,000 field workers for the sterilization program. ... to accept eventual sterilizations to slow the nations brisk birth rate of seven babies per minute. ...
Sterilization: Planned Barrenhood | Catholic Answers
North Carolina's Sterilization Program | MetaFilter
North Carolinas Sterilization Program. January 3, 2003 3:06 PM Subscribe. Against Their Will: Forced Sterilization of the " ... I dont think sterilization is wrong as long as its practiced on white and/or racist and/or republican leaders, lets see how ... The sterilization and culling is to credit for our current plummeting violent crime rate (though neither side brags this up.) ... Doctors performed sterilizations without authorization and the eugenics board backdated approval. Forsyth County engaged in an ...
Hydrogen Peroxide Vapor Sterilization | GEN
Decontamination methods such as high heat disinfection and chemical sterilization have their pros and cons, but one sterilant, ... Hydrogen Peroxide Vapor Sterilization With Its Unique Advantages, H,sub,2,/sub,O,sub,2,/sub, May Best High Heat, Outshine Other ... Various decontamination methods are available for the sterilization of cell culture equipment, related ... ...
ContraceptionVasectomyProcedureUndergo sterilizationEssureEthyleneInvoluntarySterilityDisinfectionProcessesReview of SterilizationReversalMinilaparotomyTubal ligationTransgender peoplePermanentMoist heat sterilizVoluntary Sterilization2002Female and Male SterilizationElectivePregnancyFallopian tubeSterileNorth CarolinaHydrogen peroxideWomen who underwent2019PregnanciesLaparoscopyMethodsBilateral tubalWoman'sRadiationPostpartum sterilizationCentersAbortionSurgeriesSteamForced sterilization of womenUnderwent sterilizationMedical device sterilizationSystematic forced-sterilizationInterval sterilization proceduresProceduresMethodCesareanPlasma SterilizationChemical sterilizationMandatory sterilizationUterus20th century
- Female sterilization (also referred to as tubal ligation) includes several different procedures and techniques that provide permanent contraception for women. (uptodate.com)
- The only indication for sterilization is the patient's desire for permanent contraception. (uptodate.com)
- Because these methods are intended to be irreversible, all women should be appropriately counseled about the permanency of sterilization and the availability of highly effective, long-acting, reversible methods of contraception. (cdc.gov)
- Before a woman can rely on hysteroscopic sterilization for contraception, a hysterosalpingogram (HSG) must be performed 3 months after the sterilization procedure to confirm bilateral tubal occlusion. (cdc.gov)
- A woman can rely on sterilization for contraception immediately after laparoscopic and abdominal approaches. (cdc.gov)
- After hysteroscopic sterilization, advise the woman to correctly and consistently use an effective method of contraception while awaiting confirmation. (cdc.gov)
- If compliance with another method might be a problem, a woman and her health-care provider may consider DMPA injection at the time of sterilization to ensure adequate contraception for 3 months. (cdc.gov)
- Tubal sterilization for women and vasectomy for men are permanent, safe, and highly effective methods of contraception. (cdc.gov)
- Therefore, all persons should be appropriately counseled about the permanency of sterilization and the availability of highly effective, reversible methods of contraception. (cdc.gov)
- One method of contraception is female sterilisation. (www.nhs.uk)
- You will need to use contraception until the operation is done and until your next period or for three months afterwards (depending on the type of sterilisation). (www.nhs.uk)
- What is the role of sterilization in contraception? (medscape.com)
- Sterilization is considered an elective permanent method of contraception. (medscape.com)
- In a paper online now in Contraception , the researchers say there is a 'paucity of studies evaluating IVF success in women with previous tubal sterilization. (scientificamerican.com)
- What are disadvantages of female sterilization for contraception? (medscape.com)
- While acknowledging "Sterilization is one of the most widely used forms of contraception in the world", the statement reaffirms that it must only be used with the "full, free and informed" consent of those undergoing the procedure. (ohchr.org)
- Female sterilization is the second most commonly used form of contraception in the United States. (nih.gov)
- Tubal sterilization remains the most common contraceptive method for women older than age 35 years, although oral contraceptive use superseded tubal sterilization as the leading method of contraception in the United States in 2002. (medscape.com)
- Postpartum tubal sterilization is indicated in any patient who is medically stable after a vaginal delivery (usually within 48 hours) and desires permanent contraception. (medscape.com)
- It s reassuring that such large percentages of those who chose either vasectomy or tubal sterilization were satisfied with their decisions," said one of the paper s authors, Steven Kaufman, M.D., of NICHD s Contraception and Reproductive Health Branch. (innovations-report.com)
- In counseling patients about contraceptive options, the probability of regret associated with both male and female sterilization should be addressed, as should the possibility of regret associated with unintended pregnancy for women who do not choose a highly effective method of contraception," the investigators wrote. (innovations-report.com)
- Sterilisation is a permanent method of contraception that works by stopping the eggs and sperm meeting. (brook.org.uk)
- Sterilisation is a permanent form of contraception which involves an operation to stop the sperm and egg meeting. (brook.org.uk)
- You can get information and advice on sterilisation from your GP surgery or contraception and sexual health clinics. (brook.org.uk)
- Long-acting reversible contraception is something we'd want these younger women (who get sterilized) to consider,' said Dr. Nikki Zite, from the University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine in Knoxville, who has studied trends in female sterilization. (foxnews.com)
- Female sterilization is one of the most common contraception methods worldwide. (eurekalert.org)
- Women who are undergoing tubal sterilization are at risk for various sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) if they do not use a barrier method of contraception. (nih.gov)
- Eleven million US women aged 15-44 years rely on bilateral tubal occlusion for contraception, and more than 190 million couples worldwide use surgical sterilization as a safe and reliable method of permanent contraception. (medscape.com)
- The major advantage to a couple of a vasectomy is that it is a much simpler operation than female sterilization, due to the easy access to the vas within the scrotum. (encyclopedia.com)
- A comparison of women's regret after vasectomy versus tubal sterilization. (cdc.gov)
- A vasectomy (male sterilisation) is a surgical procedure to cut or seal the tubes that carry a man's sperm to permanently prevent pregnancy. (www.nhs.uk)
- The effectiveness of vasectomy in preventing pregnancy after 1 year is slightly higher than that of female sterilization. (acog.org)
- As with female sterilization, vasectomy does not protect against STIs. (acog.org)
- Vasectomy generally is considered to be safer than female sterilization and requires only local anesthesia. (acog.org)
- Few of the women who undergo tubal sterilization or whose husbands undergo vasectomy later go on to regret either procedure, according to a study funded by the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) and conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). (innovations-report.com)
- The study found the proportion of women who experience regret was essentially the same -about 6 to 7 percent-five years after their husbands vasectomy or their own tubal sterilization. (innovations-report.com)
- The study also found that substantial conflict between a woman and her husband increases the risk of regret after either vasectomy or tubal sterilization. (innovations-report.com)
- Although earlier CREST papers addressed the probability of regret among a larger group of sterilized women, the current report is the first to evaluate regret among women whose husbands underwent vasectomy and to make comparisons to women undergoing tubal sterilization. (innovations-report.com)
- The researchers found that the chance of a woman experiencing regret within 5 years after her husband s vasectomy was only 6.1 percent, a figure which did not differ significantly from the 7.0 percent of women who, 5 years later, regretted tubal sterilization. (innovations-report.com)
- Similarly, the researchers found that the overall cumulative probability of the woman requesting that the vasectomy be reversed was low-2.0 percent-and statistically indistinguishable from the corresponding figure (2.2 percent) for women requesting reversal of tubal sterilization. (innovations-report.com)
- Male sterilisation (also called a vasectomy) this is done by cutting and sealing or tying the tube that carries sperm from the testicles to the penis. (brook.org.uk)
- There are multiple ways of having sterilization done, but the two that are used most frequently are tubal ligation for women and vasectomy for men. (wikipedia.org)
- Women that chose a tubal sterilization may have a higher risk of serious side effects, more than a man has with a vasectomy. (wikipedia.org)
- She claims the sheriff offered a 30-day reduction in jail time in exchange for "convicted misdemeanants giving up their constitutional right to procreate, by agreeing to some form of sterilization" - vasectomy for men, and a three to five-year birth-control implant for women. (courthousenews.com)
- Sterilization refers to the procedure performed to stop fertility permanently, in either the male or the female. (encyclopedia.com)
- If a sterilization procedure fails there is an increased risk of the pregnancy implanting outside the womb. (encyclopedia.com)
- Female sterilization is a procedure that closes or blocks a woman's fallopian tubes, providing permanent birth control. (bcm.edu)
- In hysteroscopic sterilization, also known as the Essure procedure, a small scope is used to insert very small spring-like coils into the fallopian tubes through the vagina and no incision is needed. (bcm.edu)
- Laparoscopic, abdominal, and hysteroscopic methods of female sterilization are available in the United States, and some of these procedures can be performed in an outpatient procedure or office setting. (cdc.gov)
- Although both female and male sterilization procedures can be reversed surgically, the surgery is technically more difficult than the original procedure and may not be successful. (medscape.com)
- Female sterilization is a procedure that involves general or regional anesthesia. (medscape.com)
- Spokesman Amon Ngavetene says that when women who are HIV-positive go to hospitals they are sometimes advised to undergo sterilization without being given a clear idea of what the procedure involves. (upi.com)
- A sterilization surgery is a procedure done to permanently prevent future pregnancies. (medlineplus.gov)
- Talk to your health care provider about all the options available to you before making the decision to have a sterilization procedure. (medlineplus.gov)
- Boyer, who has proposed a Senate committee study allegations of coerced sterilizations of Indigenous women, says she has been contacted with additional concerns about vulnerable women being subject to the medical procedure. (thestar.com)
- Concerns about the sterilization of marginalized women and the extent to which women have consented to the procedure is also on the radar of Indigenous Services Minister Jane Philpott, a physician herself. (thestar.com)
- Yes, you will still have menstrual periods after a sterilization procedure. (acog.org)
- If you have a sterilization procedure and you change your mind after the operation, you can have surgery to try to reverse it. (acog.org)
- Tubectomy, or Tubal ligation, is a surgical procedure for sterilization in which a woman's fallopian tubes are clamped or severed. (ynetnews.com)
- In the ethylene oxide gas method, a remarkable reduction of the performance of the dialyzer is sometimes encountered as a result of the sterilization procedure. (google.es)
- A bill submitted months before the audit expressly bans the practice, requires a second physician to evaluate whether sterilization is necessary, strengthens patient counseling about the procedure and toughens reporting requirements from prison medical facilities. (governing.com)
- This study is reassuring in that a comparatively small number of the women in the study experienced regret after either they or their husbands underwent a voluntary sterilization procedure," said Duane Alexander, M.D., Director of the NICHD. (innovations-report.com)
- The study did not ask women to specify the nature of the conflict, so the authors do not know whether the conflicts were about the sterilization procedure or about other matters. (innovations-report.com)
- Pregnancies after a tubal sterilization can still occur, even many years after the procedure. (wikipedia.org)
- The Essure procedure is one such transluminal sterilization technique. (wikipedia.org)
- Sterilization means any medical procedure, treatment, or operation for the purpose of rendering an individual permanently incapable of reproducing. (cornell.edu)
-  Forced sterilization occurs when a person is sterilized after expressly refusing the procedure, without her knowledge or is not given an opportunity to provide consent. (hrw.org)
- Coerced sterilization occurs when financial or other incentives, misinformation, or intimidation tactics are used to compel an individual to undergo the procedure. (hrw.org)
-  Sterilization is an irreversible medical procedure with profound physical and psychological effects. (hrw.org)
- They looked at complications within 30 days of the initial sterilization procedure, and investigated unintended pregnancies and reoperation up to three years after the initial sterilization procedure. (eurekalert.org)
- Women were eight times more likely to undergo a reoperation at two years and six times more likely at three years following the initial sterilization procedure. (eurekalert.org)
- Most importantly, insurance companies began to cover female sterilization procedures, making the procedure accessible to millions of women in the United States previously unable to afford the surgery. (medscape.com)
- In 2002, the Essure hysteroscopic sterilization procedure was approved for use in the United States. (medscape.com)
- In some countries, transgender people are forced to undergo sterilization to obtain identity documents which reflect their gender identity, as well as to access treatments such as hormone therapy or sex reassignment operations. (ohchr.org)
- Hospitals that declare themselves as religious institutions are asking women who seek to undergo sterilization to ask permission from the hospital's rabbi, while Arab women are sometimes denied altogether-in violation of medical ethics and the law. (ynetnews.com)
- Hundreds of billions of plastic food and beverage containers are manufactured each year in the U.S. All of these packages must undergo sterilization, which at present is done using high temperatures or chemicals. (innovations-report.com)
- Some countries require transgender people to undergo sterilization before gaining legal recognition of their gender , a practice that Juan E. Méndez , the United Nations Special Rapporteur on torture and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment cites as a violation of the Yogyakarta Principles . (wikipedia.org)
- Lawmakers voted in favor of a draft law on Wednesday which will no longer require transgender people to undergo sterilization or a mental health diagnosis in order for their preferred gender to be legally recognized. (rt.com)
- "The requirement to undergo sterilization or treatment involving a very high probability of sterility in order to change the entries on birth certificates was in breach of the right to respect for private life," the ECHR wrote in its April ruling . (rt.com)
- Factors associated with future condom use were younger age, black ethnicity, being unmarried, previous STD, not having a steady partner, higher number of previous sexual partners, having used condoms for disease prevention in the past, and lack of partner involvement in the decision to undergo sterilization. (nih.gov)
- Medical devices are sterilized in a variety of ways including using moist heat (steam), dry heat, radiation, ethylene oxide gas, vaporized hydrogen peroxide, and other sterilization methods (for example, chlorine dioxide gas, vaporized peracetic acid, and nitrogen dioxide). (fda.gov)
- Ethylene oxide sterilization is an important sterilization method that manufacturers widely use to keep medical devices safe. (fda.gov)
- For many medical devices, sterilization with ethylene oxide may be the only method that effectively sterilizes and does not damage the device during the sterilization process. (fda.gov)
- For ethylene oxide sterilization, two voluntary consensus standards (ANSI AAMI ISO 11135:2014 and ANSI AAMI ISO 10993-7:2008(R)2012) describe how to develop, validate, and control ethylene oxide sterilization processes for medical devices and the acceptable levels of residual ethylene oxide and ethylene chlorohydrin left on a device after it has undergone ethylene oxide sterilization. (fda.gov)
- After acquiring a contract ethylene oxide (EO) sterilization facility in Erie, PA, Cosmed Group Inc. is. (mddionline.com)
- The invention claims to be an alternative to other existing methods of sterilization, e.g. using ethylene oxide (EtO). (unibo.it)
- Biological, chemical and cleaning indicators are used to assess the effectiveness of sterilization and disinfection processes, including steam, gas, hydrogen peroxide, ethylene oxide and radiation sterilization as well as washer-disinfectors and ultrasonic cleaners. (cnbc.com)
- These include the gaseous sterilization method, which uses ethylene oxide gas, and an alternative method which involves filling with an aqueous solution of formalin. (google.es)
- Prior to the present invention, effective sterilization of, for example, surgical instruments has been accomplished in hospitals primarily by either autoclaving or by exposure of the instruments to ethylene oxide. (google.com.au)
- Sterilization by ethylene oxide requires expensive ethylene oxide chambers in which the materials can be exposed to the ethylene oxide in a vacuum for good penetration. (google.com.au)
- Historically, involuntary sterilization, as a means of achieving genetic 'strength' and implementing population control policies, has involved serious human rights violations. (ohchr.org)
- "Eliminating forced, coercive and otherwise involuntary sterilization" , a statement released by several UN agencies, describes the history of this practice, including its use as a method of mass birth control in the latter half of the 20th century in contravention of fundamental human rights principles of autonomy and dignity. (ohchr.org)
- The agencies, including the UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, have produced the research, in the form of a statement for general release, to add weight to calls for States to take action to eliminate involuntary sterilization. (ohchr.org)
- Involuntary sterilization is often based on presumptions, stereotypes, and/or misinformation about the individuals at risk. (ohchr.org)
- Assumptions that disabled people are asexual or sexually inactive is also used as justification for involuntary sterilization. (ohchr.org)
- The practice of involuntary sterilization has been widely condemned as a human rights violation, including by the United Nations. (rfi.fr)
- Involuntary sterilization gained traction in the U.S. in the early 1900s, along with the eugenics movement. (governing.com)
- In May 2014, the World Health Organization , OHCHR , UN Women , UNAIDS , UNDP , UNFPA and UNICEF issued a joint statement on Eliminating forced, coercive and otherwise involuntary sterilization, An interagency statement . (wikipedia.org)
- The report references the involuntary sterilization of a number of specific population groups. (wikipedia.org)
- The Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities provides a basis for upholding the rights of persons with disabilities and contains specific articles of relevance to the issue of involuntary sterilization. (hrw.org)
- While "sterility" implies the destruction of free-living organisms which may grow within a sample, sterilization does not necessarily entail destruction of infectious matter. (wikipedia.org)
- As explained on this webpage, FDA believes that sterilization with liquid chemical sterilants does not convey the same sterility assurance as sterilization using thermal or gas/vapor/plasma low temperature sterilization methods. (fda.gov)
- Learn more about sterilization methods in the Submission and Review of Sterility Information in Premarket Notification (510(k)) Submissions for Devices Labeled as Sterile Guidance (PDF - 386kb). (fda.gov)
- Now in its thoroughly revised, updated Fifth Edition, this volume is a comprehensive, practical reference on contemporary methods of disinfection, sterilization, and preservation and their medical, surgical, and public health applications. (google.com)
- Cleaning and disinfection are therefore prerequisites for any effective sterilization process. (ul.com)
- Appropriate disinfection and sterilization practices can help prevent healthcare-associated infections. (apic.org)
- This page contains disinfection and sterilization infection prevention resources and education for both healthcare professionals and consumers. (apic.org)
- The following links are APIC resources on disinfection and sterilization for healthcare professionals. (apic.org)
- The following resources are educational opportunities related to disinfection and sterilization. (apic.org)
- Search the American Journal of Infection Control website for more articles on disinfection and sterilization. (apic.org)
- The business will be integrated into Mesa's Sterilization and Disinfection Control Division, further deepening Mesa's presence in Germany and Eastern Europe. (cnbc.com)
- The integration of the BAG Health Care Hygiene Monitoring business into Mesa's Sterilization and Disinfection Control Division adds deep customer relationships in the German and Eastern European markets where BAG has a well-deserved reputation for providing high quality products and deep customer and technical support. (cnbc.com)
- We look forward to enhancing our direct commercial presence in Europe, expanding our participation in the hospital segment and serving new applications in sterilization and disinfection control," stated Gary Owens, President and CEO of Mesa Laboratories. (cnbc.com)
- Mesa offers products and services through four divisions (Sterilization and Disinfection Control, Instruments, Cold Chain Monitoring and Cold Chain Packaging) which help its customers ensure product integrity, increase patient and worker safety, and design innovative solutions that improve the quality of life throughout the world. (cnbc.com)
- Moist heat sterilization processes sterilize using hot air that is heavily laden with water vapor, which plays the most important role in the sterilization. (wikipedia.org)
- For the reasons stated above, FDA recommends that the use of liquid chemical sterilants be limited to reprocessing only critical devices that are heat-sensitive and incompatible with sterilization methods such as steam and gas/vapor/plasma low temperature processes. (fda.gov)
- They are generally used for monitoring traditional sterilization processes where a SAL 10-6 is achieved. (fda.gov)
- The FDA announced a new, voluntary pilot program intended to streamline the processes for sterilization providers and device manufacturers to make certain changes between sterilization sites or when making certain changes to sterilization processes that utilize reduced EtO concentrations. (fda.gov)
- The agency has issued final guidance on how it intends to address novel sterilization processes used for devices labeled as sterile and submitted for 510(k) clearance. (mddionline.com)
- Validated sterilization processes to eliminate or reduce the risk of infections. (ul.com)
- Both product categories use validated sterilization processes that can only be applied to devices that are clean and disinfected. (ul.com)
- The microbiological basic tests of UL MDT inform the manufacturer about the microbiological status of products, determine anti-infective properties of materials and disinfectants, and help to control manufacturing processes and sterilization procedures. (ul.com)
- As with most processes these days, medical device sterilization is being looked at for potential cost savings. (packagingdigest.com)
- Mosley, along with John Gillis of SGM Biotech Inc. (Bozeman, MT) and James Whitbourne of STS Duotek (Rush, NY), just published an article on this topic in the February 2002 issue of PMP News 's sister publication, Medical Device & Diagnostic Industry , titled "Calculating Equivalent Time for Use in Determining the Lethality of EtO Sterilization Processes. (packagingdigest.com)
Review of Sterilization4
- Poststerilization regret: findings from the United States Collaborative Review of Sterilization. (cdc.gov)
- US Collaborative Review of Sterilization Working Group. (cdc.gov)
- The FDA selected 11 participants to work directly with the FDA to accelerate the development and review of sterilization technology innovations. (fda.gov)
- The researchers, Denise J. Jamieson, M.D. and her colleagues, analyzed data from The U.S. Collaborative Review of Sterilization (CREST), which enrolled women ages 18 to 44 who underwent tubal sterilization at medical centers in six cities around the country between 1985 and 1987. (innovations-report.com)
- Although reversal may be possible, sterilization should not be performed if either of the partners is unsure. (encyclopedia.com)
- In regard to reversal of sterilization, success is noted to be greater with tubal reanastomosis than with reanastomosis of the vas deferens. (medscape.com)
- Among couples with substantial conflict prior to tubal sterilization, the woman was about 3 times as likely to express regret and 5 times as likely to request reversal as those not reporting such conflict. (innovations-report.com)
- Sterilisation cannot easily be reversed and reversal operations are not always successful. (brook.org.uk)
- Most postpartum sterilization procedures are performed via laparotomy, either through the cesarean laparotomy at the time of cesarean delivery or via minilaparotomy following vaginal delivery. (uptodate.com)
- Worldwide and in the United States, the most common surgical approach for postpartum tubal sterilization is by infraumbilical minilaparotomy. (medscape.com)
- Statistics confirm that a handful of tubal sterilization surgeries are performed shortly after a vaginal delivery mostly by minilaparotomy. (wikipedia.org)
- Japan's Gender Identity Disorder Special Cases (GID) Act harms transgender people who want to be legally recognized but cannot or do not want to undergo irreversible medical procedures like sterilization. (hrw.org)
- Rights activists celebrated a major victory in France on Thursday after the country passed legislation allowing transgender people to legally change their gender without undergoing sterilization. (rfi.fr)
- Belgium's parliament voted to abolish forced sterilization for transgender people who wish to change their legal gender. (rt.com)
- The move comes after the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) and the United Nations slammed the forced sterilization of transgender people as a violation of human rights. (rt.com)
- However, neither the ECHR nor the UN can make European states pass new legislation, and forced sterilization for transgender people is still taking place in a number of countries across the EU and elsewhere. (rt.com)
- Men and women requesting sterilization are usually seen at least twice by doctors prior to being sterilized, as the operation is designed to be permanent. (encyclopedia.com)
- Quinacrine Sterilisation (QS) is a non-surgical, permanent method of sterilization by the synthetic anti-malarial chemical quinacrine. (google.com)
- Permanent sterilization should be considered as a birth control option in those who have completed their childbearing or in those who have no desire for fertility. (bellaonline.com)
- Even though there are cases where permanent sterilization has been reversed it is important to have the expectation that this is not reversible. (bellaonline.com)
- Permanent sterilization entails the cutting or blocking of the fallopian tubes to prevent the egg and sperm from meeting. (bellaonline.com)
- Permanent sterilization is attractive because it is simple, effective and minimally invasive. (bellaonline.com)
- It is important to discuss the risks and benefits of permanent sterilization with your doctor. (bellaonline.com)
- Sterilization is a permanent method of birth control. (acog.org)
- Postpartum tubal sterilization is an effective permanent contraceptive option for women whether it is performed by partial salpingectomy, electrocoagulation, or the use of rings or clips. (medscape.com)
- Sterilisation is meant to be permanent. (brook.org.uk)
- There is no working "sterilization pill" that causes permanent inability to reproduce. (wikipedia.org)
Moist heat steriliz6
- Moist heat sterilization describes sterilization techniques that use hot water vapor as a sterilizing agent. (wikipedia.org)
- The various procedures used to perform moist heat sterilization process cause destruction of micro-organisms by denaturation of macromolecules. (wikipedia.org)
- Moist heat sterilization is a technique that uses heated water and superheated steam to disinfect contaminated materials, such as culture media, surgical instruments, glassware and other non-thermally sensitive items. (reference.com)
- One form of moist heat sterilization is known as autoclaving, where the most effective standard conditions include a 15-minute exposure inside a vessel that is subjected to a pressure level of 15 pounds per square inch and a temperature of 250 degrees Fahrenheit. (reference.com)
- Aside from moist heat sterilization, common heat treatments also include direct flame, dry heat, tyndallization and pasteurization. (reference.com)
- The two forms of moist heat sterilization include boiling and autoclaving. (reference.com)
- Hugo Hoogenboom, executive director of the Association for Voluntary Sterilization, said the Bangladesh birth control drive was greater than even China's on a per capita basis. (upi.com)
- In many parts of the world, women rely on access to a range of methods to control their fertility, including voluntary sterilization. (hrw.org)
- Newer approaches to female sterilization, including hysteroscopic methods, have been approved for use in the United States since 2002. (nih.gov)
Female and Male Sterilization1
- Female and male sterilization do not protect against sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), including human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), and women using these methods should be counseled that consistent and correct use of the male latex condom reduces the risk for transmission of HIV and other STDs. (cdc.gov)
- Many centers used a formula (endorsed by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists until 1969) in which age multiplied by parity had to be greater than or equal to 120 before elective sterilization could be considered. (medscape.com)
- Female sterilization may be performed immediately after childbirth (postpartum sterilization) or at a time unrelated to a pregnancy (interval sterilization). (uptodate.com)
- Unlike laparoscopic and abdominal sterilizations, pregnancy risk beyond 7 years of follow-up has not been studied among women who received hysteroscopic sterilization. (cdc.gov)
- Pregnancy risk with at least 10 years of follow-up has been studied among women who received laparoscopic and abdominal sterilizations ( 305,306 ). (cdc.gov)
- Because these methods are intended to be irreversible, persons who choose sterilization should be certain that they want to prevent pregnancy permanently. (cdc.gov)
- Sterilization is a highly effective way to prevent pregnancy. (acog.org)
- In the rare chance pregnancy does occur after tubal sterilization, there is an increased risk that it will be an ectopic pregnancy . (acog.org)
- But the risk of ectopic pregnancy occurring in women after tubal sterilization is lower than in women who do not use any birth control. (acog.org)
- Across the globe, forced sterilization is performed on young girls and women with disabilities for various purposes, including eugenics-based practices of population control, menstrual management and personal care, and pregnancy prevention (including pregnancy that results from sexual abuse). (hrw.org)
- Sterilization interrupts this process permanently, either by preventing the release of sperm or by stopping fertilization by blocking the Fallopian tube. (encyclopedia.com)
- When using biological indicators, samples containing spores of heat-resistant microbes such as Geobacillus stearothermophilis are sterilized alongside a standard load, and are then incubated in sterile media (often contained within the sample in a glass ampule to be broken after sterilization). (wikipedia.org)
- flash sterilization equipment is often kept in an operating room's sterile field , steam-penetrative protective packaging may be used to prepackage items, and specially designed rigid sterilization container systems can be reused. (wikipedia.org)
- Xenon's SteriPulse-XL surface decontamination system, a non-contact sterilization system that instantly kills microorganisms on the outside of packages to prevent the contents from becoming contaminated when opened, employs pulsed UV light to sanitize the outside of packages containing sterile contents and prevents the introduction of microorganisms to a clean room or other sterile area. (foodengineeringmag.com)
- Rich, beautifully designed site from the Winston-Salem Journal about forced sterilization in North Carolina, which continued far later than most other states due to the influence of a small group of elitist businessmen and the complicity of newspapers, politicians and doctors. (metafilter.com)
- Little in known about how the state targeted individuals for sterilization and the logistics involved, but while eugenics programs in other states tended to focus on criminals and the mentally ill, many poor and uneducated women and children were sterilized in North Carolina. (motherjones.com)
- It's estimated that California sterilized 20,000 people from 1909 to 1963, accounting for about a third of all procedures performed in the U.S. Another state with one of the nation's highest sterilization numbers was North Carolina, which in 2013 became the first to provide reparations. (governing.com)
- What happened to Riddick in North Carolina happened to more than 60,000 people in 32 states, from the 1920's to the 1970s under state-sanctioned sterilization programs aimed at cutting welfare costs. (cbsnews.com)
- Use of vaporized hydrogen peroxide (VHP) may also help device makers speed in-house sterilization. (packagingdigest.com)
Women who underwent4
- 2 Indian women who underwent sterilization surgeries receive treatment at the District Hospital in Bilaspur, in the central Indian state of Chhattisgarh, Nov. 12, 2014. (voanews.com)
- Indian women who underwent sterilization surgeries receive treatment at the District Hospital in Bilaspur, in the central Indian state of Chhattisgarh, Wednesday, Nov. 12, 2014, after at least a dozen died and many others fell ill following similar surgery. (deseretnews.com)
- They analysed data from 8,048 women who underwent hysteroscopic sterilization, and 44,278 who underwent laparoscopic sterilization in outpatient settings between 2005 and 2013 in the New York State. (eurekalert.org)
- Women who underwent hysteroscopic sterilization were more likely to be older (more than 40 years), have a history of pelvic inflammatory disease and cesarean section. (eurekalert.org)
- On November 25, 2019, the FDA provided updates on its efforts to address the need for innovation and improvements to medical device sterilization techniques. (fda.gov)
- A systematic review was conducted to identify studies that reported whether pregnancies occurred after hysteroscopic sterilization ( 308 ). (cdc.gov)
- Among women who had successful bilateral placement, most pregnancies that occurred after hysteroscopic sterilization were in women who did not have confirmed bilateral tubal occlusion at 3 months, either because of lack of follow up or misinterpretation of HSG results ( 309 - 311 ). (cdc.gov)
- Still, many experts caution that the sterilization surgeries can be a lifeline for poor women who are tired of multiple pregnancies or who want to take control of their fertility. (deseretnews.com)
- Pregnancies after hysteroscopic sterilization: a systematic review. (nih.gov)
- The objective of this systematic review was to identify evidence that assesses when and how often pregnancies occur following hysteroscopic sterilization. (nih.gov)
- The PubMed database was searched for all studies published from database inception through March 2012 that reported whether or not pregnancies occurred following hysteroscopic sterilization. (nih.gov)
- Fair-quality evidence suggests that among women who were followed beyond 3 months after hysteroscopic sterilization, pregnancies were rare and generally occurred among women who had no imaging follow-up or had inadequate confirmation of placement or occlusion. (nih.gov)
- Sterilization has been used in countries as a way to curb transmission of HIV and unwanted pregnancies. (ohchr.org)
- Prior to the 1960s, female sterilization in the United States was generally performed only for medical indications (when additional pregnancies would be hazardous to the mother). (medscape.com)
- Most interval sterilization procedures are performed via laparoscopy. (uptodate.com)
- The laparoscope allows the pelvic organs to be seen (see FAQ035 Sterilization by Laparoscopy ). (acog.org)
- This paper provides advice for clinicians in obtaining consent of women undergoing sterilisation by laparoscopy or hysteroscopy or at the time of caesarean section. (rcog.org.uk)
- Thermal sterilization methods have been studied and characterized extensively. (fda.gov)
- In addition, the survival kinetics for gas/vapor/plasma low temperature sterilization methods have also been well characterized. (fda.gov)
- New topics covered include recently identified pathogens, microbial biofilms, use of antibiotics as antiseptics, synergism between chemical microbicides, pulsed-light sterilization of pharmaceuticals, and new methods for medical waste management. (google.com)
- Dr. Van Dunn, HHC's chief medical officer, said in an interview with The Washington Times that he opposed the group's methods because sterilization is irreversible. (washingtontimes.com)
- In the field relating to sterilization of dialyzers for the living body, namely, artificial kidneys which have heretofore been used in actual practice, various methods have been used. (google.es)
- There are various sterilization methods or anti-microbial treatments. (reference.com)
- With OSHA and EPA requirements regarding EtO sterilization becoming more stringent, for instance, costs associated with particular methods aren't likely to come down. (packagingdigest.com)
- These methods rely heavily on close monitoring of sterilization parameters and dose exposure rather than on the postprocess testing of biological indicators, so product release to the marketplace is much faster by comparison. (packagingdigest.com)
- Sterilization ( also spelled sterilisation ) is any of a number of medical methods of birth control that intentionally leaves a person unable to reproduce . (wikipedia.org)
- Sterilization methods include both surgical and non-surgical, and exist for both males and females. (wikipedia.org)
- Each of the typical prior sterilization methods is very expensive, thus tending to restrict their availability to hospitals and other large institutions. (google.com.au)
- Furthermore, typical prior art sterilization methods require a long period of time, generally in excess of eight hours, to complete proper sterilization of the materials. (google.com.au)
- Therefore, a user of the prior sterilization methods must bear the added expense of owning a number of separate sets of instruments and other materials in order that there is one set on hand while the others are being sterilized. (google.com.au)
- When sterilization by the foregoing methods is impracticable, for financial or other reasons, physicians and dentists can disinfect instruments by use of cold baths of chemical solutions. (google.com.au)
- HSG confirmation is necessary to confirm bilateral tubal occlusion after hysteroscopic sterilization. (cdc.gov)
- The inserts for the hysteroscopic sterilization system available in the United States are placed bilaterally into the fallopian tubes and require 3 months for adequate fibrosis and scarring leading to bilateral tubal occlusion. (cdc.gov)
- Currently, approximately 700,000 bilateral tubal sterilizations are performed annually in the United States. (medscape.com)
- The ruling means a guardian must go through some 'significant legal hoops' before a court will order sterilization, said the woman's attorney, John Whitcomb of Equip for Equality, a disability rights group. (chicagotribune.com)
- For radiation sterilization, the process is similar to above, although it uses radiation intensity instead of heat. (rpi.edu)
- IDIDAS provides information on the doses of radiation applied for insect disinfestation and sterilization to mites and insect pests of crops and veterinary and human importance. (iaea.org)
- For instance, Carestio says that Isomedix performs dose evaluations for companies that use radiation sterilization to ensure they aren't paying for more radiation than their products actually need for sterilization. (packagingdigest.com)
- In industrial applications, oftentimes ionizing radiation is used as a sterilization method. (google.com.au)
- VERTISA Medical Waste Technology designs, manufacture, distribute and sell Medical Waste Technology for Clinics, Hospitals and Sterilization Centers. (environmental-expert.com)
- Voluntary abortion was far more effective in eliminating 'undesirables' then sponsored sterilization. (metafilter.com)
- In their declaration, the bishops compare sterilization to abortion and euthanasia, calling it "intrinsically evil. (feminist.org)
- Such an expenditure of taxpayers' money is both unconstitutional and illegal under U.S. law, which prohibits the spending of public funds for forced abortion or sterilization. (thenewamerican.com)
- Mandal said that his state had a target of 220,000 sterilizations this year and Bilaspur, the district where the botched surgeries took place, had a target of about 15,000 surgeries. (deseretnews.com)
- The surgeon who performed the operations at the government-run "health camp" in Chhattisgarh state plowed through more than 80 surgeries in six hours - a clear breach of government protocol, which prohibits surgeons from performing more than 30 sterilizations in a day, a top medical official said Wednesday. (deseretnews.com)
- Women in most Indian states are promised 1,400 rupees ($23) when they chose to have laparoscopic, or "keyhole," sterilization surgeries like those conducted in Bilaspur. (deseretnews.com)
- Other bases for compulsory sterilization have included general population growth management, sex discrimination, "sex-normalizing" surgeries of intersex persons, limiting the spread of HIV,  and reducing the population of ethnic groups. (wikipedia.org)
- A more effective method is Tyndallization , which uses three successive steam treatments to achieve sterilization over the course of three days. (wikipedia.org)
- Flash sterilization" has traditionally been used to describe steam sterilization cycles in which unwrapped medical instruments are subjected to abbreviated steam exposure then used promptly after cycle completion, without being stored. (apic.org)
- The term "immediate-use steam sterilization" more accurately reflects the current process, which this paper describes. (apic.org)
- Autoclaving is steam sterilization in which the instruments and other materials to be sterilized are exposed to high temperature and high pressure. (google.com.au)
Forced sterilization of women1
- A new report on forced sterilization of women in Uzbekistan at government clinics says the practice remains widespread across the country. (rferl.org)
- The deaths of 12 women after they underwent sterilization procedures this week have raised serious ethical questions about India's drive to curb a booming population by paying women who get sterilized. (deseretnews.com)
Medical device sterilization1
- A U.S. federal judge's opinion suggests that x-ray sterilization might not be the next big thing for medical device sterilization--at least not for a while. (mddionline.com)
- Since 1999, Uzbekistan's ongoing and systematic forced-sterilization program has affected tens of thousands of women, Antelava added. (rferl.org)
-  Widespread or systematic forced sterilization has been recognized as a Crime against Humanity by the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court in the explanatory memorandum. (wikipedia.org)
Interval sterilization procedures1
- The latter are referred to as interval sterilization procedures. (medscape.com)
- Boyer says she is hearing mounting allegations of marginalized women being coerced into sterilization procedures in Canada. (thestar.com)
- Coercive sterilization procedures continue to be used, particularly against Roma women, the statement says, without their informed consent and often in violation of the law. (ohchr.org)
- In their statement, the UN agencies offer a set of guiding principles for sterilization procedures. (ohchr.org)
- The ICW noted that women living with HIV were pressured by health care workers to provide 'informed consent' for sterilization, or provided consent after the sterilization procedures had been performed. (ohchr.org)
- Numerous countries have taken inadequate action against individuals who perform non-consensual sterilizations, and some have even sanctioned such procedures in national 'family planning' initiatives with anti-natalist undertones based on racial or ethnic discrimination," he said. (ohchr.org)
- The number of tubal sterilization procedures performed in the United States has remained relatively stable since the early 1980s at approximately 650,000 procedures annually. (medscape.com)
- [ 3 ] A retrospective cohort study that included data from 10,741 tubal sterilization procedures reported an increase in salpingectomies performed from 0.4% to 35.5% from 2011-2016. (medscape.com)
- More than one-quarter of inmate sterilizations performed in California from mid-2005 to mid-2013 followed deficient consent procedures, including 18 cases in which the waiting period between consent and surgery was potentially violated, the state auditor said Thursday. (governing.com)
- The premature death of animals that could be in loving homes or sterilization procedures that will dramatically reduce the need for euthanasia? (change.org)
- With an estimated 600,000 sterilization procedures performed in the US every year, the device based hysteroscopic sterilization has a major public health impact" write the authors. (eurekalert.org)
- During the same decade, surgical advances resulted in safe, less invasive female sterilization procedures when childbearing was no longer desired. (medscape.com)
- Therefore, boiling is an insufficient method to achieve sterilization. (wikipedia.org)
- Pressure sterilization is the prevailing method used for medical sterilization of heat-resistant tools, and for sterilization of materials for microbiology and other fields calling for aseptic technique . (wikipedia.org)
- The purpose of these experiments was to develop a method of sterilization which would be suitable for sterilizing millions of people with a minimum of time and effort. (jewishvirtuallibrary.org)
- In general, no medical conditions absolutely restrict a person's eligibility for sterilization (with the exception of known allergy or hypersensitivity to any materials used to complete the sterilization method). (cdc.gov)
- Female sterilisation is usually carried out under general anaesthetic, but can be carried out under local anaesthetic, depending on the method used. (www.nhs.uk)
- Could Ozone Emerge as Sterilization Method of Choice for Advanced Medtech? (mddionline.com)
- It takes between four weeks and at least three months for sterilisation to be effective, depending on the method used. (brook.org.uk)
- With that being said, tubal sterilization is still a method that involves surgery, so there is still a danger. (wikipedia.org)
- Laparoscopic sterilization has been the primary method for decades. (eurekalert.org)
- A sterilization apparatus and method according to which articles are sterilized by subjecting them to an ultrasonic/heat activated disinfectant liquid in the presence of heat and ultrasonic vibrations. (google.com.au)
- The present invention relates to sterilization techniques, and more particularly relates to a method and apparatus for sterilization using a heated, ultrasonic disinfectant bath. (google.com.au)
- In 1936 in Switzerland, Bosch performed the first laparoscopic tubal occlusion as a method for sterilization. (medscape.com)
- [ 2 ] In a 2015 report, data from the National Hospital Discharge Survey between 2000-2008 noted that postpartum tubal sterilizations after cesarean sections were more common in those with Medicaid coverage and in black women, older women, and nonsingle women. (medscape.com)
- [ 3 ] In addition, the South, small hospitals, and proprietary and government hospitals had a higher proportion of postpartum tubal sterilizations after cesarean section. (medscape.com)
- In 1876, Porro performed a cesarean hysterectomy with the secondary intention of sterilization. (medscape.com)
- At the U.S. Department of Energy s Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory (PPPL), a team is conducting a small-scale research project studying plasma sterilization. (innovations-report.com)
- We have experiments indicating it is possible to kill microbes using a new plasma approach," noted John Schmidt, lead scientist of PPPL s Plasma Sterilization project. (innovations-report.com)
- Physics research will be followed by considerable development work to arrive at a practical system for assembly line use," said Schmidt, who has been awarded a patent for a plasma sterilization system [see apparatus shown in sketch at right]. (innovations-report.com)
- Although the terms are similar, "liquid chemical sterilization" is different from thermal and gas/vapor/plasma low temperature "sterilization. (fda.gov)
- There are several limitations with liquid chemical sterilization. (fda.gov)
- Biological Indicators are not appropriate or required for monitoring liquid chemical sterilization process. (fda.gov)
- FDA has not cleared any biological indicators for monitoring liquid chemical sterilization process. (fda.gov)
- They responded with sentimental stories of their own affection for animals and ordered their lawyers to draft a mandatory sterilization policy that would include few exceptions. (sun-sentinel.com)
- A few others, though, spoke in opposition to a mandatory sterilization plan and some criticized plans to increase various animal-care fees, including higher charges for retrieving a pet that's been repeatedly confiscated by animal control officers. (sun-sentinel.com)
- Pat Boyd, owner of the Jupiter Tequesta Dog Club for breeders, pet exhibitors and pure-bred enthusiasts and others, acknowledged the extent of the pet overpopulation problem but said the government can't legislate a solution and that mandatory sterilization will prove unworkable. (sun-sentinel.com)
- In order to understand why mandatory sterilization of every animal that enters a shelter is the most effective solution to domestic animal overpopulation, it is imperative to first understand how explosive domestic animal reproduction truly is. (change.org)
- hint: Mandatory Sterilization for All State Sponsored Shelters is a great subject line. (change.org)
- The sterilizations -- through removal of the uterus or cutting of the fallopian tubes -- happen without the patient's knowledge and often is not learned of until much later, for example when the woman fails to get pregnant again. (rferl.org)
- The sterilizations -- through removal of the uterus or cutting of the fallopian tubes -- happen without the patient's knowledge and often is not learned of until much later. (rferl.org)
- Female sterilisation (also called tubal occlusion) is done by cutting, sealing or blocking the fallopian tubes which carry an egg from the ovary to the uterus (womb). (brook.org.uk)
- The ovaries, uterus and cervix are left in place and so your hormones are not affected by the sterilisation. (brook.org.uk)
- Used as a means of controlling "undesirable" populations - immigrants, people of color, poor people, unmarried mothers, the disabled, the mentally ill - federally-funded sterilization programs took place in 32 states throughout the 20th century. (pbs.org)
- In the second half of the 20th century, sterilization was sometimes associated with efforts by monetary authorities to "defend" the value of their currency. (wikipedia.org)