Indians, North American
United States Indian Health Service
Health Services, Indigenous
It is a form of protection provided by law. In the United States this protection is granted to authors of original works of authorship, including literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, and certain other intellectual works. This protection is available to both published and unpublished works. (from Circular of the United States Copyright Office, 6/30/2008)
Protective measures against unauthorized access to or interference with computer operating systems, telecommunications, or data structures, especially the modification, deletion, destruction, or release of data in computers. It includes methods of forestalling interference by computer viruses or so-called computer hackers aiming to compromise stored data.
Encyclopedias as Topic
Consumer Health Information
Pharmacopoeias as Topic
Authoritative treatises on drugs and preparations, their description, formulation, analytic composition, physical constants, main chemical properties used in identification, standards for strength, purity, and dosage, chemical tests for determining identity and purity, etc. They are usually published under governmental jurisdiction (e.g., USP, the United States Pharmacopoeia; BP, British Pharmacopoeia; P. Helv., the Swiss Pharmacopoeia). They differ from FORMULARIES in that they are far more complete: formularies tend to be mere listings of formulas and prescriptions.
Employee Retirement Income Security Act
List of rivers of Australia
Rivers are ordered alphabetically, by state. The same river may be found in more than one state as many rivers cross state ... See also: List of rivers of New South Wales (A-K) and List of rivers of New South Wales (L-Z) ... Rivers by state or territory. The following is a list of rivers located within Australian states and territories. Where a ... Longest rivers in each state or territory. (December 2012). State/territory. River name. Length. Source. ...
List of children's hospitals
36 United States *36.1 Alabama. *36.2 Alaska. *36.3 Arkansas. *36.4 Arizona. *36.5 California ... United States. Alabama. *Children's of Alabama, Birmingham. *Huntsville Hospital for Women and Children, Huntsville ...
Outline of music
Saint Pierre and Miquelon United States Alabama • Alaska • Arizona (Tucson) • Arkansas • California (Los Angeles) • Colorado ... State of Palestine • Qatar • Saudi Arabia • Syria • Turkey • United Arab Emirates • Yemen Caucasus (a region considered to be ... Sri Lanka India States of India: Andhra Pradesh • Arunachal Pradesh • Assam • Bihar • Chhattisgarh • Goa • Gujarat • Haryana • ... United States Virgin Islands Oceania (includes the continent of Australia) Australasia Australia (Adelaide, Perth, Sydney) ...
United States Government Printing Office. p. 497. Walker, Tom (2007). "Alaska". Kantishna: Miners, Mushers, Mountaineers. ... There, he mined on Seventymile Creek and helped lay out the town of Eagle, Alaska. He also carried freight and mail with ... While Stuck had been traveling in Alaska for several years for his work and had experience mountain climbing, Karstens had the ... John Fredson was one of two young Gwich'in Alaska Natives who supported the party. Harry Karstens was born in Chicago, Illinois ...
Arctic National Wildlife Refuge; United States; Alaska. Retrieved 2016-03-06. "Schaffer for Senate". Archived from the original ... is a Republican former member of the United States House of Representatives from the State of Colorado in the 105th Congress ... "Schaffer to chair state education board - The Denver Post". Denverpost.com. 2009-01-14. Retrieved 2016-12-30. "2 new Colo. ... Schaffer served for nine years as a Colorado State Senator in the Colorado General Assembly. Schaffer was only 25 years old in ...
Miss America's Outstanding Teen 2015
"Alaska". Retrieved 2018-08-30. Reports, Staff. "Pageant contenders have good showing at state". Parker Pioneer. Retrieved 2018- ... "Miss Wyoming USA & Teen USA state pageant results". Pageant Update Results. "Crowning of Miss Wyoming USA 2019". YouTube. ...
Outline of sports
Saint Pierre and Miquelon United States Alabama • Alaska • Arizona • Arkansas • California • Colorado • Connecticut • Delaware ... Excludes the US state of Hawaii, which is distant from the North American landmass in the Pacific Ocean, and Easter Island, a ... The state is commonly known as simply "China", which is subsumed by the eponymous entity and civilization (China). Hong Kong is ... Macri, Kenneth J. (2012). "Not Just a Game: Sport and Society in the United States". Inquiries Journal. 4 (08). Hayhurst, ...
... state of Alaska. Its peak reaches 3,924 feet (1,196 m). It is heavily glaciated and is made primarily of high alumina basalt ... United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-02-09. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Moffett". Global Volcanism ... ISBN 1-84162-298-2. Wood, Charles Arthur Wood; Kienle, Jürgen (1992). Volcanoes of North America: United States and Canada. ... Terpening, Traveler T. (2010). Alaska. Bradt Travel Guides. ...
"Shoup Glacier". Alaska Guide. Retrieved 2021-04-27. "Shoup Bay State Marine Park". dnr.alaska.gov. Retrieved 2021-04-27.. ... Located eight miles west of Valdez, Alaska, United States, it is fed by Shoup Glacier, as well as McCallister Creek, Palmer ... Shoup Bay State Marine Park is located five miles southwest of the Port of Valdez. The primary access is by boat, although an ... The bay itself opens into the Valdez Narrows and is included as part of the Shoup Bay State Marine Park. Shoup Bay is a but its ...
List of people from Portland, Oregon
Corvallis OR: Oregon State University Press. pp. 242-244. "Anchorage 1910 - 1935". Alaska History. Archived from the original ... United States Congress. "Julia Butler Hansen (id: H000174)". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. Archived ... ISBN 978-0-062-73189-0. United States Congress. "Pettingill, Samuel Barrett". Biographical Directory of the United States ... A Series of Biographical Sketches of Living Eminent Women in the Eleven Western States of the United States of America. p. 159 ...
Alaska Democrats Page Alaska State Legislature Page Legislative Facebook Page Follow the Money Page Jonathan Kreiss-Tomkins at ... "NEWS: House Minority Praises the Signing of a Bill Designating 20 Alaska Native Languages as Official State Languages". Alaska ... "Kreiss-Tomkins Committee Membership". Alaska State Legislature. Retrieved December 7, 2017. " ... making each of the twenty Native languages in Alaska an official language of the state. The act, which was passed by large ...
It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is- from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept ... They're in the state that I am the executive of. And there in Russia- COURIC: Have you ever been involved with any negotiations ... may be thinking and doing when you live up there in Alaska?' Believe me, Alaska is like a microcosm of America. The interviews ... Alaska isn't a foreign country, where, it's kind of suggested and it seems like, 'Wow, how could you keep in touch with what ...
The Koyuk River (also spelled, Kuyuk) is a river on the Seward Peninsula of western Alaska, in the United States. The river ... United States. Bureau of Reclamation (1952). Alaska: A Reconnaissance Report on the Potential Development of Water Resources in ... Under the Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act (ANILCA) (P.L 96-487) the Koyuk River is categorized as "Freshwater ... In 1879, a trading post for furs was established at the river's mouth by the Alaska Commercial Company. During the gold rush, ...
Ruth Carol Taylor
Conrard, Don (November 16, 2005). "Promoting Diversity". Alaska's World. Alaska Airlines. Archived from the original on March ... Ruth Carol Taylor (born December 27, 1931) was the first African-American flight attendant in the United States. Born in Boston ... In 2008, fifty years after her historic flight, her accomplishments were formally recognized by the New York State Assembly. ... Carol Taylor!" The New York State Senate, July 28, 2009. "Flight Attendants in Labor History", Femininity in Flight. Booneville ...
Johns Hopkins Glacier
... state of Alaska. It begins on the east slopes of Lituya Mountain and Mount Salisbury, and trends east to the head of Johns ... United States Geological Survey. Lawson, Daniel E. "An Overview of Selected Glaciers in Glacier Bay" (PDF). National Park ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Johns Hopkins Glacier: One of Few Advancing Glacier". alaska.org. Retrieved October 16 ...
List of alternative metal artists
"Alaska State Fair concert lineup announced". Alaska Dispatch. Retrieved September 22, 2012. Greg Prato. "CKY". AllMusic. " ...
USRC Thomas Corwin (1876)
Sitka, Alaska; Alaska's Digital Archives, Wickersham State Historic Site. Photographs. ASL-P277-018-095 Dictionary of American ... United States Geological Survey Geographic names identification system query Corwin (state=Alaska). Vanderlip, Washington Baker ... Baker United States Geological Survey Natural Resources Canada Alaska State Museums; Captain Mountain survived the sinking of ... Alaska State Museums (2006) Bulletin (24) Fall 2006 p3. Anonymous (1910) Freighting from steamer Corwin with dog teams; ...
Steve M. Thompson
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Steve Thompson for State House". Thompson for State House. Fairbanks, Alaska. 2020. ... is a retired businessman and Republican politician from the US state of Alaska. He has been a member of the Alaska House of ... Thompson at Wikimedia Commons Alaska State Legislature - Representative Steve Thompson official government website Steve ... Alaska Court System. Archived from the original on April 2, 2012. Retrieved October 13, 2011. "Steve M. Thompson - Biography". ...
Joseph B. Foraker
Mount Foraker, the second highest peak in the Alaska Range, and the third highest peak in the United States, was named for him ... It is the second highest mountain in the Alaska Range, and the third highest in the United States. Historian Allan Nevins, in ... received few votes outside the states known to back him. Sherman's southern support was discounted, as those states would not ... Foraker came to Columbus just before the 1883 state convention, and sounded out state Republican leaders such as Sherman and ...
1958 Lituya Bay earthquake and megatsunami
... a very similar event in 2015 List of earthquakes in 1958 List of earthquakes in Alaska List of earthquakes in the United States ... 1970). Earthquake History of the United States. United States Department of Commerce/Department of the Interior. p. 108. ... Lituya Bay is a fjord located on the Fairweather Fault in the northeastern part of the Gulf of Alaska. It is a T-shaped bay ... Ketchikan, Alaska. Retrieved April 22, 2016. Mader, Charles L.; Gittings, Michael L., MODELING THE 1958 LITUYA BAY MEGA-TSUNAMI ...
Mail delivery by animal
Unusual Delivery Methods - United States Postal Service. Accessed 11 August 2006. Báiki. "Alaska Chronology". Accessed 2 August ... The village of Supai, in the bottom of the Grand Canyon of Arizona, United States, is served by a regular mule train from the ... From around 1899 reindeer were used to deliver mail in Alaska for the U.S. postal service. The first route was established by ... Dogsled mail saw limited use in the northern parts of Alaska and Canada during the Klondike gold rush (1896-1903) In the early ...
Alaska Department of Fish and Game. Medred, Craig (July 8, 2010). "Legendary state wildlife biologist retires". Alaska Dispatch ... "Alaska Wildlife News Online Magazine". Wildlifenews.alaska.gov. ... Sinnott is a former Anchorage-area biologist for the Alaska ...
List of elections in 1970
... state)) 1970 Australian Senate election 1970 South Australian state election. ... in Alaska ... in California ... in Florida ... in New York ... in North Dakota ... in Massachusetts ... in South Carolina 1970 ... United States Senate elections ... in Florida ... in Massachusetts ... in New York ... in North Dakota 1970 Alabama ... 1970 South Carolina gubernatorial election The Battle of Aspen 1969-70 New Orleans mayoral election 1970 New York state ...
Wells Fargo History Museum
"Museums: Alaska". Wells Fargo History. Retrieved 24 February 2015. "B.F. Hastings Building". California State Railroad Museum ... Alaska Heritage Museum in Anchorage, Alaska, which features a large collection of Alaskan Native artifacts, ivory carvings and ... "Old Town State Historic Park i". San Diego History Center. Retrieved 24 February 2015. Wells Fargo History Museums Coordinates ... The Wells Fargo History Museum is a group of museums operated by Wells Fargo in several states that feature exhibits about the ...
Governor" (PDF). State of Alaska. Retrieved June 16, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "AK State House 33 2002". ... Kelly J. Wolf (born August 3, 1961) is an American politician from the state of Alaska. He served in the Alaska House of ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "AK State House 30 - R Primary 2016". Our Campaigns. Retrieved June 16, 2017. CS1 maint ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "2014 Primary Elections August 19, 2014 Official Results". State of Alaska Division of ...
Conservation and restoration of totem poles
Many totem poles originate from Alaska and Canada. Over the last decade, the care and conservation of poles has been a newly ... On May 17, 1977, entrance poles to the Tulalip Indian Reservation in the State of Washington were cut down with a chainsaw. ... Poles that were capped in Sitka Historical Park in Sitka, Alaska "were found in much better condition than the poles that were ... Ketchikan, Alaska. Kate Brugioni-Painted Totem Poles at the American Museum of Natural History: Treatment Challenges and ...
562 et al., Petitioners, v. UNITED STATES". LII / Legal Information Institute. Retrieved 2020-09-15. "United States of America ... from Alaska. The 6-story series covered the oil companies, the decision to build the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System, an 800-mile ... Congress, United States (1969). Congressional Record: Proceedings and Debates of the ... Congress. U.S. Government Printing ... "Alaska series". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. 1969-12-05. p. 1. Retrieved 2020-09-15.. ...
Automatic ballot referral
"Alaska's Constitution." (n.d.): n. pag. Alaska Legislative Affairs Agency. Web. 24 Dec. 2016. "Constitution of the State of ... Fourteen states' constitutions state that they must give voters a chance to decide if they want to amend the constitution. The ... "Hawai`i State Constitution - Article 17". lrbhawaii.org. Retrieved 2016-12-26. "The Constitution of the State of Iowa". ... "State of Rhode Island General Assembly". www.rilin.state.ri.us. Retrieved 2016-12-26.. ...
Olsen, Chet (5 June 2001). "Sorry, no second year for these TV attorneys". Alaska Journal. Retrieved 2 August 2015. CS1 maint: ... Egypt and came to the United States when he was two, growing up in New Jersey. He grew up in New Jersey and attended Monmouth ... giving presentations to large groups throughout the United States. Anise is the founder of the American Lawyers Public Image ... discouraged parameter (link) "Briefs". Oregon State Bar. Retrieved 1 August 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) " ...
... lies within the McNeil River State Game Sanctuary, created in 1967 by the State of Alaska to protect the numerous Alaska brown ... Dictionary of Alaska Place Names: Geological Survey Professional Paper 567 (PDF). University of Alaska Fairbanks. United States ... So well-known has the area become as a bear-viewing area, that in 1973 the State of Alaska began limiting the number of summer ... "Alaska Panel Calls Off Brown Bear Hunt Near State Game Sanctuary". The Seattle Times. Associated Press. March 12, 2005. ...
"United States Food and Drug Administration. April 2015. Archived from the original on 18 September 2015. Retrieved 7 March 2016 ... Melega, WP; Cho, AK; Schmitz, D; Kuczenski, R; Segal, DS (February 1999). "l-methamphetamine pharmacokinetics and ... The active ingredient in some OTC inhalers in the United States is listed as levmetamfetamine, the INN and USAN of ... Kuczenski, R; Segal, DS; Cho, AK; Melega, W (February 1995). "Hippocampus norepinephrine, caudate dopamine and serotonin, and ...
In the United States, the 1974 Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act (CAPTA) required that for states to receive federal ... Regulation and licensing of alternative medicine ranges widely from country to country, and state to state. In Austria and ... All states require that applicants for MD licensure be graduates of an approved medical school and complete the United States ... Incidents of heavy metal poisoning have been attributed to the use of these compounds in the United States. ...
United States Agency for International Development Iraq Marshlands Restoration Program Final Report, Chapter 1 Archived 2014-11 ... A report by the United States Agency for International Development noted that while some Maʻdān had chosen to return to their ... Ak Koyunlu. *Safavids. *Ottoman Iraq (Mamluk dynasty). *Mandatory Iraq. *Kingdom of Iraq ...
White House COVID-19 Response Team (United States). *Great American Economic Revival Industry Groups (United States) ...
2000 United States Census
Alaska 550,043 626,932 76,889 14.0% 49 Vermont 562,758 608,827 46,069 8.2% - District of Columbia 606,900 572,059 -34,841 -5.7 ... State rankingsEdit. Rank. State. Population as of. 1990 Census. Population as of. 2000 Census. Change. Percent. change. ... The state of Utah then filed another lawsuit alleging that the statistical methods used in computing the state populations were ... "United States Census Bureau. December 28, 2000. Retrieved August 24, 2012.. *^ "Ranking Tables for Incorporated Places of ...
List of U.S. National Historic Landmarks by state:. *Alabama. *Alaska. *Arizona ... While touring across the United States, the band members in the rock music "mockumentary" This Is Spinal Tap gather around ... Graceland is a mansion on a 13.8-acre (5.6-hectare) estate in Memphis, Tennessee, United States, once owned by singer and actor ... On August 6, 2010, Prince Albert II, the Principality of Monaco's Head of State, and his then fiancée and now Princess of ...
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z aa ab ac ad ae af ag ah ai aj ak al am an ao ap aq ar as at "Ebola virus ... United States. Archived from the original on 14 September 2012. Retrieved 14 September 2012.. CS1 maint: ref=harv (link). ... An Ebola vaccine, rVSV-ZEBOV, was approved in the United States in December 2019. It appears to be fully effective ten days ... Tom Clancy's 1996 novel, Executive Orders, involves a Middle Eastern terrorist attack on the United States using an airborne ...
Breathing is thus extremely sensitive to the internal state of the organism. The pre-Bötzinger complex is a rhythm generating ... Viemari JC, Tryba AK (April 2009). "Bioaminergic neuromodulation of respiratory rhythm in vitro". Respiratory Physiology & ... Rubin JE, Shevtsova NA, Ermentrout GB, Smith JC, Rybak IA (April 2009). "Multiple Rhythmic States in a Model of the Respiratory ... When under a low oxygenated state (hypoxia) the respiratory network responds by transitioning into an augmentation followed by ...
National Volunteer Week
Bush, George (January 29, 1991). State of the Union Address (Speech). State of the Union. Washington, D.C. Retrieved December 3 ... Alaska Day (AK). *Child Health Day (36). *General Pulaski Memorial Day. *German-American Day ... federal) = federal holidays, (state) = state holidays, (religious) = religious holidays, (week) = weeklong holidays, (month) = ... In the United States it is organized by the Points of Light foundation and in Canada by Volunteering Canada. It is held in ...
State of Alaska. July 16, 2015. Retrieved August 29, 2015.. *^ "Where the states stand on Medicaid expansion". www.advisory.com ... The annual cost of care will vary state to state depending on state approved Medicaid benefits, as well as the state specific ... Benefits vary from state to state, and because someone qualifies for Medicaid in one state, it does not mean they will qualify ... As a result, the eligibility rules differ significantly from state to state, although all states must follow the same basic ...
... is currently legal in the United States except for the state of Florida, which has currently banned domestic ownership of ... in North America its range extends from southern and central Alaska to Mexico, the Hawaiian Islands, across the Palearctic, ... The mallard is a rare example of both Allen's Rule and Bergmann's Rule in birds. Bergmann's Rule, which states that polar ... it winters south to the southern United States and northern Mexico, but also regularly strays into Central America and ...
Paul Island, Alaska" (PDF).. *^ Gamble, Clive (1990), El poblamiento Paleolítico de Europa, Barcelona: Editorial Crítica. ISBN ... New York, United States: Nova Publishers. ISBN 1-60021-247-6.. Pages 98 to 109 ... Human societies from the Paleolithic to the early Neolithic farming tribes lived without states and organized governments. For ... as accounts or representations of altered states of consciousness though some other scholars interpret them as either ...
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z aa ab ac ad ae af ag ah ai aj ak al am an Soll J, Schleiff E (March 2004 ... "Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 76 (1): 41-5. Bibcode:1979PNAS...76...41K. doi ... "Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 91 (15): 6795-801. Bibcode:1994PNAS...91.6795C ... "Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 99 (19): 12246-51. Bibcode:2002PNAS...9912246M ...
Most hospitals in the United States are required by state law to apply eye drops or ointment soon after birth to prevent the ... Mallika, PS; Asok, T; Faisal, HA; Aziz, S; Tan, AK; Intan, G (2008-08-31). "Neonatal Conjunctivitis - a Review". Malaysian ...
Rzadzinska AK, Schneider ME, Davies C, Riordan GP, Kachar B (2004). "An actin molecular treadmill and myosins maintain ... Listener fatigue is not a clinically recognized state, but is a term used by many professionals. The cause for listener fatigue ...
Obnoviteľný zdroj energie - Wikipédia
Ak rieky za svoju doterajšiu životnosť vymyli určité priepasti tak sa dajú potom použiť na výstavbu vodnej elektrárne. A ... The challenge is to expand the market for biofuels beyond the farm states where they have been most popular to date. Flex-fuel ... Veľký nárast na trhu sa predpokladá ak sa zvýši efektivita. Nasledujúce príklady sa zaoberajú tým, že ktorý obnoviteľný zdroj ...
Wells, Martin J.; Wells, J. (1972). "Optic glands and the state of the testis in Octopus". Marine Behaviour and Physiology. 1 ( ... "Alaska Pacific University. Archived from the original on 15 November 2012. Retrieved 9 April 2017.. ... Fowler's Modern English Usage states that the only acceptable plural in English is "octopuses", that "octopi" is misconceived, ... such as those off of Alaska, it may take as much as 10 months for the eggs to completely develop.:74 The female aerates the ...
The airline stated that their decision to bring forward the date was in part due to the downturn in air travel following the ... However, it marked 2019 as its centenary based on predecessor companies. After almost 13 years as a state company, BA was ... With the creation of an Open Skies agreement between Europe and the United States in March 2008, British Airways started a new ... When asked by reporters for more information on the ongoing problems, British Airways stated "The root cause was a power supply ...
All tornadoes in the Contiguous United States, 1950-2013, plotted by midpoint, highest F-scale on top, Alaska and Hawaii ... "Colorado State University. 2008. Retrieved 2008-01-30.. *^ Paul M. Markowski (April 2002). "Hook Echoes and Rear-Flank ... In the United States, tornadoes are around 500 feet (150 m) across on average and travel on the ground for 5 miles (8.0 km).[24 ... A large portion of these tornadoes form in an area of the central United States known as Tornado Alley. This area extends ...
List of rivers of Virginia
USGS Hydrologic Unit Map - State of Virginia (1974). *. Salmon, Emily J.; Edward D. C. Campbell, Jr., eds. (1994). The Hornbook ... This is a list of rivers in the U.S. state of Virginia. ... Rivers of the United States. States. *Alabama. *Alaska. * ...
a b Panda A, Gamanagatti S, Jana M, Gupta AK (2014). "Skeletal dysplasias: A radiographic approach and review of common non- ... as the widely abundant statistics from these countries clearly state) is about 179 centimetres (5 ft 10 in) for men and 166 ...
... some of whom have been detained by the United States government for sixty-six years since their ship crashed in Alaska, while ... Lisa Vidal as Christina Martinez - the First Lady of the United States. In the final episode, it is revealed that the First ... Linda Stasi of the New York Post stated that "if 24, Lost, and The 4400 had a baby, it would be The Event". ... Near the end of World War II, a craft of undetermined origin crashed in the Brooks Range of northern Alaska. It carried ...
Salt Lake City, den frie encyklopædi
Fx "100 North" eller "2000 South Temple". Øst og vest regnes fra "State Street" ...
Joe E. Brown
In 1961, Bowling Green State University renamed the theatre in which Brown appeared in Harvey in the 1950s as the Joe E. Brown ... as well as the Caribbean and Alaska. He was the first to tour in this way and before Bob Hope made similar journeys. Brown also ... The couple had four children: two sons, Don Evan Brown (December 25, 1916 - October 8, 1942; Captain in the United States Army ...
Joseph Taylor Robinson
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z aa ab ac ad ae af ag ah ai aj ak al am an ao ap aq ar "U.S. Senate: Art & ... Democratic Party members of the United States House of Representatives. *Democratic Party state governors of the United States ... Democratic nominee for Vice President of the United States. 1928 Succeeded by. John N. Garner ... Once the United States entered World War I, Robinson denounced those senators who opposed the war effort. After La Follette ...
Barbados-United States relations
White 79.96%, black 12.85%, Asian 4.43%, Amerindian and Alaska native 0.97%, native Hawaiian and other Pacific islander 0.18%, ... The United States Department of State - Barbados. *The Embassy of the United States of America (Covering both Barbados and the ... The United States and Barbados have had cordial bilateral relations since Barbados' independence in 1966. The United States has ... This article incorporates public domain material from the United States Department of State website https://www.state.gov/r/pa/ ...
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z aa ab ac ad ae af ag ah ai aj ak al am an ao ap aq ar as at au av aw ax ay ... "Oregon State University. Retrieved 26 August 2016.. *^ Solomon, Robert E. (2002). Fire and Life Safety Inspection Manual. Jones ... 1 oxidation state that is characteristic of the other alkali metals and is also the main oxidation state of all the known ... United States. Bureau of Mines. 1995.. *^ Burt, R. O. (1993). "Caesium and cesium compounds". Kirk-Othmer encyclopedia of ...
Resurrection Creek, near Hope, Alaska was the site of Alaska's first gold rush in the mid-1890s. Other notable Alaska Gold ... See also: Gold mining in the United States. The first significant gold rush in the United States was in Cabarrus County, North ... The California gold rush led directly to the settlement of California by Americans and the rapid entry of that state into the ... Mount Baker Gold Rush, Whatcom County, Washington, United States (1897-1920s). *Klondike Gold Rush, centered on Dawson City, ...
Maiers M, Gragert L, Klitz W (September 2007). "High-resolution HLA alleles and haplotypes in the United States population". ... Hjelmström P, Giscombe R, Lefvert AK, et al. (1995). "Different HLA-DQ are positively and negatively associated in Swedish ...
Baháʼí Faith by country
United States 84,000 in 2001 512,864 175,000 in 2014 (excluding Alaska and Hawai'i); 77,290 with good addresses ... "United States Department of State. Retrieved 2020-11-01.. *^ "Central Bureau of Statistics". National Planning Commission ... "Official website of the Baháʼís of the United States. National Spiritual Assembly of the Baháʼís of the United States. June 11 ... In the 1930s the Baháʼís of the United States and Canada began requiring new adherents to sign a declaration of faith, stating ...
Lead - State Programs - Alaska | CDC
In fiscal year 2019, the State of Alaska received $263,678 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for childhood ... Alaska Division of Public Health. Section of Epidemiology. Environmental Public Health Program. Lead Surveillance Program ... To learn more about these efforts in Alaska, contact the program below. ...
I love Alaska. I really do. Not the political jurisdiction; the geographical entity that Michelle shocked felt compelled to ... No other state receives so much federal assistance as Alaska. In 2004, for example, it took in $12,200 per person, which was ... To be fair, Alaska has no state sales or income tax. (I realize youre mirroring Palins unfortunate comment re: climate change ... The health of the states primary economic engine doesnt prevent the country from treating Alaska as developing nation, ...
Category:Alaska State Troopers - Wikimedia Commons
English: Alaska State Troopers (AST), officially Division of Alaska State Troopers: State police of the U.S. state of Alaska ... Alaska State Defense Force, Alaska National Guard and Alaska State Troopers man checkpoint.jpg 1,246 × 513; 247 KB. ... States of the United States: Alaska · Arizona · Arkansas · California · Colorado · Connecticut · Delaware · Florida · Georgia · ... Alaska State Troopers and Juvenile Justice officers patrolling at the 2012 Tanana Valley State Fair.jpg 3,828 × 3,228; 7.08 MB ...
Skagway | Alaska, United States | Britannica
Alaska Marine Highway). The area was originally inhabited by the Tlingit, and its name derives from the ... southeastern Alaska, U.S. Lying 90 miles (145 km) northeast of Juneau and situated at the north end of the Lynn Canal, it is ... Alaska. Alaska. , constituent state of the United States of America. It was admitted to the union as the 49th state on January ... Haines (with Skagway) is the terminus of the Inside Passage (Alaska Marine Highway) and is linked by road with the Alaska ...
Cyndi's List - United States - Alaska
Category:Alaska, United States • FamilySearch
Pages in category "Alaska, United States". The following 43 pages are in this category, out of 43 total. ... Media in category "Alaska, United States". The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total. ... Retrieved from "https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/index.php?title=Category:Alaska,_United_States&oldid=2380924" ...
Repsol suffers spill at Alaska exploration well - state | Reuters
A ruptured hose at an Alaska well on Tuesday sprayed about two-thirds of an acre of snow-covered tundra and forced Spanish oil ... firm Repsol to halt exploration tests briefly at the North Slope prospect, state environmental officials said. ... ANCHORAGE, Alaska (Reuters) - A ruptured hose at an Alaska well on Tuesday sprayed about two-thirds of an acre of snow-covered ... The blowout spewed 42,000 gallons of drilling mud, according to state officials. Repsol wound up drilling only two wells last ...
Juneau - Alaska - United States - Latest News
Juneau Alaska United States news - latest news direct from companies - read online or subscribe to feed or by email - press ... 1384 views, By Alaska Travel Adventures. Alaska Travel Adventures begins the Alaska summer travel season with several new ... Juneau Latest News (Alaska, United States). + Alert. + Feed Exclusive News. Topics Locations Industries Dates. Committee Forms ... 1538 views, By Alaska Travel Adventures, Inc. Chris Meier to Succeed Kelli Grummett as Alaska Travel Adventures President and ...
United States congressional delegations from Alaska
From then to January 3, 1959, it was the Alaska Territory.. Members from The State of Alaska. Notes. Key. *Log in / create ... United States Senate. House of Representatives. Delegates from Alaska Territory. From May 17, 1884 to August 24, 1912, Alaska ... These are tables of congressional delegations from Alaska to the United States Senate and United States House of ... was designated as the District of Alaska. ... United States Secretary of Labor. List of professional sports ...
Palmer | Alaska, United States | Britannica.com
... southern Alaska, U.S. Located near the mouth of the Matanuska River, it lies 42 miles (68 km) northeast of Anchorage. The area ... Alaska. Alaska. , constituent state of the United States of America. It was admitted to the union as the 49th state on January ... United States. United States, country in North America, a federal republic of 50 states. Besides the 48 conterminous states ... the United States includes the state of Alaska, at the northwestern extreme of North America, and the island state of Hawaii, ...
List of United States Representatives from Alaska - Wikipedia
The following is an alphabetical list of members of the United States House of Representatives from the state of Alaska. For ... Alaskas past and present Representatives, Senators, and Delegations. Recent U.S. House elections in Alaska: 2006, 2008, 2010, ... List of United States Representatives from Alaska. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ... see United States Congressional Delegations from Alaska. The list of names should be complete (as of January 3, 2015), but ...
EmailMe Form - 2018 Alaska State Doubles
2018 Alaska State Doubles. The 2018 Alaska State Doubles sponsored by Scotts Plumbing and Heating (Thank You Scott Pillans) & ... 2018 We will be using the Penn HD Purple ball for both Alaska State Tournaments, Divisions will be offered to Women, Men, and ... Penn Balls (Official ball of USA Racquetball) will take place at the Alaska Club East January 11-14, ...
Named Entity Browser, College (Alaska, United States)
And yet I am confident that Kansas will be a free State. But we have before us a long season of excitement and ribald debate, ... Enter the name of a place, like "Springfield" or "Athens", to find all locations matching the name, or enter a state ("Illinois ... You may also enter more than one of these to narrow your search ("Athens, Greece" or "Springfield, Illinois, United States"). ... ") or country ("Canada") to find all places within that state or nation. ...
Alaska, United States Genealogy Genealogy - FamilySearch Wiki
Alaska Information. Alaska became the forty-ninth state of the United States on 3 January 1959. It was the Territory of Alaska ... The U.S. state of Alaska is not divided into counties, as 48 other states are (Louisiana having parishes instead), but it is ... Alaska Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of Alaska ... Alaska Genealogy - extensive directory of Alaska genealogy records. *Alaska Research Outline - Original Family History Library ...
Alaska Chapter | United States | ACP
About the Alaska Chapter Find information regarding your Chapter Governors, Chapter Leadership, Membership and more. More News ... Alaska Chapter. About the Alaska Chapter. Find information regarding your Chapter Governors, Chapter Leadership, Membership and ... AK Chapter Executive Director. PO Box 672149. Chugiak, AK 99567. 907-350-2351 - office. E-mail: [email protected] ... The Alaska Chapter is a 2019 Gold Level Chapter Excellence Award Winner! ...
Alaska, United States - Weather Forecasts | Maps | News - Yahoo Weather
Communications Access Jobs in Alaska, United States - Idealist
Named Entity Browser, "Big Creek (Alaska, United States)"
Enter the name of a place, like "Springfield" or "Athens", to find all locations matching the name, or enter a state ("Illinois ... You may also enter more than one of these to narrow your search ("Athens, Greece" or "Springfield, Illinois, United States"). ... ") or country ("Canada") to find all places within that state or nation. ...
1984 United States House of Representatives election in Alaska - Wikipedia
The Alaska Congressional election of 1984 was held on Tuesday, November 6, 1984. The term of the states sole Representative to ... 1984 United States House of Representatives election in Alaska, At-large district. ... 1984 United States House of Representatives election in Alaska. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ... This Alaska elections-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.. *v ...
Ramps in Alaska, United States
United States. Free marina reservations and marina reviews worldwide. ... Alaska, United States Ramps. Browse Ramps in Alaska, United States by city. You can access images, information and interactive ... maps for Ramps in Alaska, United States. Make Free Marina Reservations, Leave Marina Reviews and Contact Marinas. Leave Ramps ... boaters services and marina information in Alaska, ...
Alaska: State Of Emergency - The Rumpus.net
United States Alaska Office of Marine Pollution Assessment [WorldCat Identities]
United States. Alaska Office of Marine Pollution Assessment. Arctic Project Office. United States. Ocean Assessments Division. ... United States. Office of Marine Pollution Assessment. Alaska Field Office. United States. Office of Marine Pollution Assessment ... United States Alaska Office of Marine Pollution Assessment Overview. Works:. 6 works in 9 publications in 1 language and 369 ... Most widely held works by United States Alaska OCSEAP newsletter( ). in English and held by 274 WorldCat member libraries ...
FACT CHECK: Will Alaska Pay You $2,000 Not to Leave the State?
A partially accurate meme claimed that Alaska will pay you more than $2,000 not to move away, provided you live there 190 days ... All Alaska residents who live in the state 190 days a year and who are not felons receive $2,000 a year. See Example( s ) ... The Alaska Constitution states that the Funds principal cannot be spent. The dividend can only be paid from Fund earnings. If ... If you live there 190 days a year and arent a convicted felon, you get an annual check from the state of Alaska just for not ...
State leaders convene dialogue on Alaska's future in Fairbanks - Anchorage Daily News
... where more than 200 Alaskans have gathered to discuss an increasingly bleak financial future for the state -- and hopefully ... State leaders convene dialogue on Alaskas future in Fairbanks * Author: Nathaniel Herz. ... Opening presentation explaining Alaskas current fiscal predicament by Gunnar Knapp from the University of Alaska Anchorages ... FAIRBANKS -- For 35 years, former state Sen. Rick Halford said, Alaskans havent worried much about how to pay for state ...
Will Alaska's unfunded pension, health liabilities swamp future state budgets? - Anchorage Daily News
Whats known as the unfunded liability of the Alaskas Public Employee Retirement System (PERS) and the Teacher Retirement ... Will Alaskas unfunded pension, health liabilities swamp future state budgets? * Author: Pat Forgey. ... Can Alaska earn 8 percent?. Alaska has since dramatically increased its contribution to its pension plans, but the years of ... Moodys has also recommended ending use by state retirement plans, including Alaskas, of a process known as asset "smoothing ...
Drunk and Dangerous Facts - Alaska State Troopers Article - National Geographic Channel
Alaska State Constitution Article VII - Health, Education and Welfare - Everything2.com
The legislature shall by general law establish and maintain a system of public schools open to all children of the State, a... ... Alaska State Constitution Article VIII - Natural Resources. Alaska State Constitution Article VI - Legislative Apportionment. ... SECTION 2. STATE UNIVERSITY. The University of Alaska is hereby established as the state university and constituted a body ... The University of Alaska shall be governed by a board of regents. The regents shall be appointed by the governor, subject to ...
Hotel Deals in Fairbanks, Alaska, United States - Airfarewatchdog
Alaska State Fossil | Woolly Mammoth
The woolly mammoth was designated the official state fossil of Alaska in 1986; giant grass-eaters of the Ice Age tundra, woolly ... Official State Fossil of Alaska. The woolly mammoth was designated the official state fossil of Alaska in 1986. All State ... Nebraska also designates the mammoth as a state symbol, and Michigan recognizes the giant mastodon. ...
Alaska's2019LegislatureFairbanksTroopersState's2016201720182020AlaskansKodiakCalifornia1959SearchDepartmentAmericaNativesFishermen of AlaskaPermanent Fund'sStatehoodTrans-Alaska PFederalKetchikanPalmerNational GuardOfficialsCapitolGulf of AlaBoard of regeMedicaidAlaskanSlope49thCongressionalSitkaTerritoryGovernorWest VirginiaSupreme CourtBering SeaKenai PeninsulaPuerto RicoContentAnchorage DailBoroughsNewsHouse of RepresentatiYearLeasesHealthProgramLawmakers1949LibrariesDefenseCityMunicipality1998SkagwayDepartment'sObesity ratesNative ChildrenYear'sArticleDecisions
- Many of the more densely populated parts of the state are part of Alaska's nineteen boroughs, which function somewhat similarly to counties in other states. (familysearch.org)
- Will Alaska's unfunded pension, health liabilities swamp future state budgets? (adn.com)
- Alaska's retirement woes continue to grow, with underfunding of pension and health care plans growing by an additional $800 million this year, a problem likely to further strain future state budgets. (adn.com)
- The annual report found that Alaska's adult obesity rate is 28.4 percent and rates only increased in six states in the past year - (Alaska, Delaware, Idaho, New Jersey, Tennessee and Wyoming) - and did not decrease in any. (healthyamericans.org)
- Alaska's larger cities could see a drop in state funding as Community Revenue Sharing is scaled down. (alaskapublic.org)
- And like Cher, Alaska's policy makers believed the state had enough oil wealth. (alaskapublic.org)
- Joint Task Force-Alaska is the military component of Alaska's integrated response, and its primary missions are to provide military support to civilian agencies when those agencies are overwhelmed, and to defend Alaska's borders from unauthorized entry. (northcom.mil)
- Due to the wide range of state and federal agencies involved in fisheries, it is challenging to understand the many different positive impacts and revenues that Alaska's fisheries provide throughout the state and beyond. (thefishsite.com)
- Some highlights for 2015: the seafood industry remains Alaska's largest private sector employer creating over 63,000 direct jobs throughout the state. (thefishsite.com)
- Known as Alaska's starting point (the town's slogan is "Alaska starts here"), Seward is the beginning of the Iditarod Trail. (daily-jeff.com)
- For more information about Alaska's overall state tax burden on retirees, see the complete guide to taxes on retirees in Alaska . (kiplinger.com)
- Alaska's 2017 unemployment rate of 7.2% is well ahead of the 4.4% national rate and a full percentage point higher than the next highest state. (freep.com)
- In fiscal year 2019, the State of Alaska received $263,678 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for childhood lead poisoning prevention programmatic activities. (cdc.gov)
- Alaska Gov. Mike Dunleavy speaks to reporters as his administration rolls out his budget plan in Juneau, Alaska, Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2019. (rcinet.ca)
- As of 2019, 5 states have 0.000% sales tax: Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, and Oregon do not impose state sales taxes, but each state has its own regulation on excise taxes, income taxes, and taxes imposed on tourist locations - as well as local sales taxes that may be imposed by cities or municipalities. (investopedia.com)
- Earlier in May, the state legislature voted to spend $2 million of its citizens' money to fund and promote an "academic based" conference on contrarian climate research. (scienceblogs.com)
- The state Legislature is looking to hire a few good polar bear scientists. (scienceblogs.com)
- The Alaska State Capitol is the building that hosts the Alaska Legislature, Governor of Alaska and Lieutenant Governor of Alaska. (wikipedia.org)
- After Alaska gained statehood, the building became home to the Alaska Legislature, a function it has retained ever since. (wikipedia.org)
- The State Library coordinates library services throughout the state and serves as the information resource for the state government and the Legislature. (wikipedia.org)
- The Alaska Legislature this year passed a deficit budget for the first time in years, as lawmakers took steps to cut oil taxes, limiting future state revenues. (adn.com)
- The legislature shall by general law establish and maintain a system of public schools open to all children of the State, and may provide for other public educational institutions. (everything2.com)
- Or may the Alaska Legislature intercept that decision in an effort to ensure that such persons remain alive, regardless of their wishes, until the ravages of disease reach their ultimate, painful conclusion? (thebody.com)
- It will certainly change the look of Alaska, and I don't know if the legislature has really thought that out," Wasserman said. (alaskapublic.org)
- Excited and grateful to tackle the issue, my administration and the 25th State Legislature owe it to Alaskans to determine the value of Alaskan-owned resources, declare that value and move the state forward as we share that value with producers of our resources. (petroleumnews.com)
- 1:28:50 PM REPRESENTATIVE ANDI STORY, Alaska State Legislature, sponsor of SS HB 116 , stated that the bill seeks to simplify the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) lease renewal process for aquatic farms. (ak.us)
- 1:29:51 PM GREG SMITH, Staff, Representative Andi Story, Alaska State Legislature, directed attention to a DNR document included in the committee packet that answers the committee's questions from the bill's previous hearing. (ak.us)
- The state legislature is permitted to appropriate money to the state Unemployment Compensation Fund. (bls.gov)
- FAIRBANKS -- For 35 years, former state Sen. Rick Halford said, Alaskans haven't worried much about how to pay for state government. (adn.com)
- But that has to change, he told more than 200 Alaskans who gathered at the University of Alaska Fairbanks Friday night at the opening of a three-day event to discuss how Alaska can deal with a new era of reduced revenue brought on by long-term oil production declines and a more drastic drop in oil prices since last fall. (adn.com)
- FAIRBANKS -- It's that time of year when the state Department of Fish and Game urges anglers in the Fairbanks area to go out and kill fish before they -- the fish -- die. (juneauempire.com)
- The State of Alaska would finance $355 million of a liquefied natural gas project on the North Slope to support an LNG trucking operation as well as LNG re-gasification facilities near Fairbanks, Gov. Sean Parnell announced Dec 7. (alaskajournal.com)
- The project would be large enough to serve not only Fairbanks but other communities as well, including utilities in Southcentral Alaska and Anchorage. (alaskajournal.com)
- They mushed to the mountain from Fairbanks, Alaska, most of them in their 40s with a lifetime of mining experience but hardly any climbing experience. (daily-jeff.com)
- Our route would take a half-circle through the Kenai Peninsula, then back through Anchorage and the Matanuska-Susitna Valley, into Denali National Park, through Fairbanks, then down the Richardson Highway into Valdez, Alaska, and back to Anchorage. (daily-jeff.com)
- 5 / 9 Show Caption + Hide Caption - U.S. Army Alaska Aviation Task Force, in conjunction with Alaska State Troopers and Wilderness Search and Rescue, conduct medical evacuation training Mar. 25, 2015 at Linengood, Alaska. (army.mil)
- They are performed in conjunction with state and local partners, like the Alaska National Guard, the FBI, the Municipality of Anchorage, the Alaska State Troopers, and many others. (northcom.mil)
- The health of the state's primary economic engine doesn't prevent the country from treating Alaska as developing nation, however. (scienceblogs.com)
- The term of the state's sole Representative to the United States House of Representatives expired on January 3, 1985. (wikipedia.org)
- The commissioner of the state's Department of Administration, Sheldon Fisher, carpooled from the airport with Marc Luiken, the state transportation commissioner, who drove. (adn.com)
- Accountants measure what actually exists -- we are measuring something that hasn't happened yet," said Dave Slishinsky of Buck Consultants, the state's actuarial consultant, who helps Alaska determine how much money it will need in the future. (adn.com)
- Following previous flawed estimates from the state's previous actuary, Alaska now contracts with Buck Consulting, a Xerox subsidiary, to provide estimates on how much its retirement trust funds will need to meet future pension and health-care obligations. (adn.com)
- State Sen. Bert Stedman, R-Sitka, has followed retirement issues closely and praised a decision a few years ago to reduce the state's expected investment returns each year from 8.25 percent to 8 percent, which he described as more realistic, even if it required the state to contributed more to its pension plans. (adn.com)
- We're in the midst of an enormous social and legal shift," organizers wrote in the Alaska Dispatch News, the state's largest newspaper. (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- The state's chief medical officer says there are no confirmed cases of swine flu in Alaska, but he says it's probable the deadly flu will make its way to the state. (alaskapublic.org)
- State legislation included provisions to prohibit noncharging of benefits when erroneous payments are made to an individual on the basis of employer fault, assess penalties on fraudulent overpayments due to claimants, and deposit penalty recovery into the state's Unemployment Trust Fund. (bls.gov)
- Health officials in the state's largest county on Sunday ordered the closure of nonessential businesses, including hair salons and many retail stores, to curtail the spread of the coronavirus as the number of cases in the state grew to more than 155. (desmoinesregister.com)
- 1 / 9 Show Caption + Hide Caption - AH-64 Apache aviators from 1st Attack Reconnaissance Battalion, 25th Combat Aviation Brigade conduct pilot certification training Jan. 20, 2016, at Fort Wainwright, Alaska. (army.mil)
- 6 / 9 Show Caption + Hide Caption - A CH-47 Chinook from Bravo Company, 1st Battalion, 52nd Aviation Regiment lifts a Small Unit Support Vehicle off the flight line at Fort Wainwright, Alaska, Feb. 22, 2016. (army.mil)
- 8 / 9 Show Caption + Hide Caption - An MQ-1C Gray Eagle, assigned to Delta Company, 25th Aviation takes-off from Ladd Army Airfield April 12, 2016 at Fort Wainwright, Alaska. (army.mil)
- Franzwillie Roldan, an AH-64D Armament/Electrical/Avionics Systems Repairer in 1st Attack Reconnaissance Battalion, 25th Combat Aviation Brigade places a training missile into an Apache wing rocket missile pod, April 4, 2016 at the Forward Area Rearming Point, FARP, at Yukon Training Area, Alaska. (army.mil)
- Lt. Col. Aaron Kelsey, deputy director of operations for the Alaska National Guard, briefs exercise participants in the Joint Operations Center during Exercise Arctic Eagle 2017 at the National Guard Armory on Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska, Feb. 24, 2017. (dvidshub.net)
- JOINT BASE ELMENDORF-RICHARDSON, Alaska - The Alaska National Guard participated in Arctic Eagle 2017, a command post and tabletop exercise, Feb. 22 - 26. (dvidshub.net)
- Arctic Eagle 2017 provided a platform for participants to practice operations in a collaborative environment and integrate new and emerging capabilities for responding to a state emergency in the harsh terrain and weather conditions of northern environments and challenging geographical locations. (dvidshub.net)
- In 2017, 85.7 percent of eligible children in Alaska participated in either Medicaid or CHIP. (nashp.org)
- Regarding the question about how many aquatic farm lease renewals are approved by DNR each year, he said the document states zero in 2014, seven in 2015, ten in 20 16, one in 2017, and zero in 2018 with twelve applications submitted. (ak.us)
- This year's exercise was in preparation for Arctic Eagle 2018, a major emergency response exercise that will occur next year, which will test the capabilities and effectiveness of a multi-national, multi-agency response to a major incident in the state. (dvidshub.net)
- The countries of Denmark and Canada partnered with the Alaska National Guard, the Alaska State Defense Force and other agencies, in collaboration with U.S. Northern Command's Alaskan Command, to apply and respond to scenarios that will prepare them for the 2018 exercise. (dvidshub.net)
- Income Eligibility Levels as a Percentage of the Federal Poverty Level for Children and Pregnant Women by State, April 2018," and information from the state. (nashp.org)
- Alaska reported on 17 measures for federal fiscal year 2018. (nashp.org)
- 2020 Alaska DOT shipping laws, rules, regulations for oversize and heavy haul trucking. (wideloadshipping.com)
- Alaskans living near or on military bases across the state may see a heightened level of activity during this exercise, potentially including emergency response vehicles, warning sirens, unannounced gate closures, and increased flying and maritime operations. (northcom.mil)
- Department of Administration Commissioner Kelley Tshibaka responded that the state would not delay implementation but intended "to help Alaskans, not penalize them. (usatoday.com)
- added new this year are breakdowns for the Nome and Wade Hampton Census Areas, as well as for Washington, Oregon and California, which rank as the top three states for nonresident fishermen in Alaska. (thefishsite.com)
- Handling firearms or firearms parts can expose you to lead and other petroleum products known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. (palmettostatearmory.com)
- A gust of 209 mph was recorded atop a peak Sunday, a potential state record that wowed forecasters monitoring a cold storm that moved south through California dumping snow, rain and hail. (yahoo.com)
- The sales tax for California, the highest tax imposed by any state in the U.S. Puerto Rico, which is a non-state territory, levies an 11.5% sales tax. (investopedia.com)
- in chemical engineering in 1922 from Oregon State College, he went on to an appointment as a Teaching Fellow in Chemistry in the California Institute of Technology. (timeanddate.com)
- California women make 89 cents for every dollar a man makes - certainly not perfect, but a higher rate than in any other state. (freep.com)
- From then to January 3, 1959, it was the Alaska Territory . (princeton.edu)
- Alaska became the forty-ninth state of the United States on 3 January 1959. (familysearch.org)
- It hosted federal services until 1959, where the Alaska Statehood Act granted Alaska permission to settle in the building. (wikipedia.org)
- Alaska got its Statehood on May 16, 1959, as the 49th US state. (theflowerexpert.com)
- Search on Alaska 's testing sites locator map. (yahoo.com)
- CDC funds the Alaska State health department to assess health-risk behaviors that contribute to the leading causes of death and disability among youth and adults. (cdc.gov)
- STD - In Alaska, CDC funds the state health department to reduce STDs through science-based prevention and control services that are high impact, scalable, cost effective, and sustainable. (cdc.gov)
- TB - In Alaska, CDC funds the State health department for TB prevention and control activities. (cdc.gov)
- The early morning spill, of about 6,600 gallons of crude oil, produced-water and other fluids, occurred during a flow-back test at the exploration well, one of three Repsol drilled this winter on the North Slope, the Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation said. (reuters.com)
- More information is available on the Alaska Department of Labor web site. (familysearch.org)
- Alaska is attempting to pay down the unfunded liability by adding an additional amount to the cost of each employee to the department, city, school district, or other employer. (adn.com)
- Agency Description - Please review the description below and revise as appropriate (e.g., state executive agency, agency with appointed board, department or division within agency, etc. (sheeo.org)
- The Alaska Department of Health and Social Services recommends a number of developmental screening tools, including the Ages and Stages Questionnaire, the Battelle Developmental Inventory Screening Tool, and Parents' Evaluation of Developmental Status. (nashp.org)
- Kevin Sampson, a retired auditor for the Alaska Department of Revenue who served in the U.S. Air Force and graduated from the University of Alaska, was diagnosed HIV positive in 1985. (thebody.com)
- Alaska Governor Mike Dunleavy's proposed budget for the Department of Corrections cuts $19 million from this year's budget. (rcinet.ca)
- Ardent Sentry is designed to challenge the coordination between Department of Defense, federal, state, local and private agencies in a series of challenging scenarios ranging from natural disasters to terrorist incidents. (northcom.mil)
- Gen. Craig Campbell, commissioner of the Alaska Department of Military & Veterans Affairs. (northcom.mil)
- Media interested in covering Alaska Shield/Northern Edge 2007 can call the Department of Military & Veterans Affairs Public Affairs Office at 428-6031 or the Joint Task Force-Alaska Media Center at 552-0592. (northcom.mil)
- The Division of Statewide Aviation within the Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities administers the Certificate of Compliance program. (alaska.gov)
- The Commissioner of the Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development is authorized to allow the use of electronic filing methods of certain information in addition to other filing methods. (bls.gov)
- Flu activity has been high in Arkansas, and the state Department of Health says at least 36 people have died from the flu this season. (yahoo.com)
- Cases of COVID-19 have spiked more than 50% in one day , the state Department of Health reported Monday. (desmoinesregister.com)
- Upon the purchase of Russian America, Sitka, Alaska became the Territory Capital in 1867. (wikipedia.org)
- Washington, D.C., September 4, 2014 - Alaska now has the 28th highest adult obesity rate in the nation, according to The State of Obesity: Better Policies for a Healthier America , a report from the Trust for America's Health (TFAH) and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF). (healthyamericans.org)
- You can send flowers of your choice to your loved ones living in Alaska or from Alaska to other locations across the United States of America through these popular Alaska Online Florists . (theflowerexpert.com)
- NORAD is a bi-national United States and Canadian organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning and aerospace control for North America. (northcom.mil)
- Click to skip ahead and see the top 5 states with the lowest diabetes rates in America . (yahoo.com)
- 10 States with the Lowest Diabetes Rates in America is originally published at Insider Monkey. (yahoo.com)
- CDC also supports a project to study the natural history and prevention of viral hepatitis among Alaska Natives. (cdc.gov)
- Anthropologists believe that today's Alaska Natives originated in Asia, either crossing over the Bering land bridge from Siberia or traveling by watercraft along the shorelines. (theflowerexpert.com)
- Alaskan Natives have a higher threshold against diabetes which is one of the reasons why it has done well and the prevalence of the disease in the state is low. (yahoo.com)
Fishermen of Alaska2
- That ARM Board return exceeded the Alaska Permanent Fund's slight loss for 2012 in what was a difficult period for markets worldwide. (adn.com)
- Served as Representative-elect in 1957 and 1958 under the Alaska-Tennessee Plan , pending Alaskan statehood. (wikipedia.org)
- During construction of the Trans-Alaska Pipeline in the 1970's, oil companies flooded state coffers with money paid for leases to explore and secure drilling rights. (snopes.com)
- Here in Alaska, we like Pi because it's useful in (among other things) helping describe the area of a 48" diameter circle (like, say, the Trans-Alaska Pipeline! (geocaching.com)
- The latest affront to reason to emerge from Alaska comes in the form of a lawsuit challenging the federal government's long-delayed but inescapable decision to add the polar bear to the the endangered species list, thanks to the threat posed by disappearing habitat in the form of dwindling ice cover on the Arctic Ocean. (scienceblogs.com)
- No other state receives so much federal assistance as Alaska. (scienceblogs.com)
- Outside the building is a replica of the Liberty Bell, of the type given to all states and territories by the federal government in 1950 to help raise support for savings bond drives. (wikipedia.org)
- The State Library administers federal and state grants for public library construction and services. (wikipedia.org)
- Dual status command is an important and necessary function during defense support to civil authority response, as it enables simultaneous command and control of both federal and state military forces by one commander. (dvidshub.net)
- The inspection last August was a routine effort by the state and federal Environmental Protection Agency. (peninsulaclarion.com)
- In separate CHIP programs, states have substantial flexibility in designing CHIP benefit packages within broad federal guidelines. (nashp.org)
- Within federal parameters, states can set CHIP program premium and cost sharing levels. (nashp.org)
- The federal CHIP match rate returns to states' regular enhanced match rate in FFY 2021 and beyond. (nashp.org)
- We intend to present the compelling needs and arguments for constitutional protection of assisted dying to the state courts where the state constitution bestows broader and more specific guarantees of privacy and liberty than the federal constitution does. (thebody.com)
- ELMENDORF AIR FORCE BASE, Alaska - Joint Task Force-Alaska and the State of Alaska are among several federal, state, local government and private sector agencies that are participating in exercise Alaska Shield/Northern Edge 2007 beginning Monday and continuing through May 18. (northcom.mil)
- This exercise is an opportunity to show how the local, state and federal partnership in Alaska provides the highest level of security and response. (northcom.mil)
- The sales tax laws for states within the United States are not subject to federal regulation. (investopedia.com)
- The federal government established benchmarks in mid-May for state and local officials to determine when nursing home visits could resume, but urged "extreme caution" and said the facilities should be "among the last to reopen" in communities lifting pandemic-related restrictions. (aarp.org)
- But guidance for nursing homes and assisted living facilities has been similar at the federal and state levels, and visiting access to assisted living also varies between states and even between neighboring communities. (aarp.org)
- The participants converged at UAF from around the state, from Kotzebue on the northwest coast to Ketchikan in Southeast. (adn.com)
- Results from Saturday's opening day of the Alaska School Activities Association's Class 4A State Wrestling Championships at Ketchikan High School's Clarke Cochrane Gymnasium. (juneauempire.com)
- Palmer , city, southern Alaska , U.S. Located near the mouth of the Matanuska River, it lies 42 miles (68 km) northeast of Anchorage . (britannica.com)
- George Palmer established a trading post along the river about 1890, and in 1916 the town was established as a station on the Matanuska branch of the Alaska Railroad. (britannica.com)
- Although many farms failed during the social experiment, Palmer survived as the sole Alaska city whose economy is dominated by farming. (britannica.com)
- originally Palmer Community College), a campus of the University of Alaska Anchorage. (britannica.com)
- Palmer hosts the annual Alaska State Fair. (britannica.com)
- The Alaska National Guard and other agencies assessed their ability to conduct effective and sustained operations in Arctic conditions. (dvidshub.net)
- It's important that we are proficient, equipped and effective at providing support to civil authorities as requested," said Col. Tony Stratton, Alaska National Guard joint staff director of operations, training and exercises. (dvidshub.net)
- ANCHORAGE, Alaska (Reuters) - A ruptured hose at an Alaska well on Tuesday sprayed about two-thirds of an acre of snow-covered tundra and forced Spanish oil firm Repsol to halt exploration tests briefly at the North Slope prospect, state environmental officials said. (reuters.com)
- The blowout spewed 42,000 gallons of drilling mud, according to state officials. (reuters.com)
- It's unlikely the violations threatened the public health, state officials said. (peninsulaclarion.com)
- Some who have spent time in private prisons out of state say officials need to consider more than finances. (rcinet.ca)
- State Chamber members will tour Sitka, learn about the Sitka economy and meet with local chamber members, city staff and elected officials. (akbizmag.com)
Gulf of Ala3
- The intent of this document is to provide the reader with a single-source means of accessing OCSEAP research results from the Gulf of Alaska region. (worldcat.org)
- The Yukon River travels 2,300 miles from its origin, 30 miles off the Gulf of Alaska, to its end in the Bering Sea. (nationalgeographic.com)
- Other cuts proposed by the same committee include $600,000 for a mapping project by the Marine Exchange of Alaska to identify vessel tracking gaps in the Gulf of Alaska, Western Alaska and the Arctic. (thefishsite.com)
Board of rege2
- There were a total of 120,611 beneficiaries enrolled in Alaska Medicaid as of July 2011. (nashp.org)
- Through this project Alaska is working to develop medical homes for children enrolled in Alaska Medicaid and Denali Kid Care as a way to increase access to EPSDT services. (nashp.org)
- Alaska Medicaid covers all dental services for children on a fee-for-service basis. (nashp.org)
- Each state has the option to cover its CHIP population within its Medicaid program, design and structure a separate CHIP program, or establish a combination program using both options. (nashp.org)
- States that operate Medicaid expansion CHIP programs must follow Medicaid rules, providing all Medicaid-covered benefits to enrolled children, including the Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic, and Treatment (EPSDT) services benefit. (nashp.org)
- Alaska Medicaid uses a fee-for-service delivery system. (nashp.org)
- Alaska operates a Medicaid expansion CHIP program. (nashp.org)
- Despite the emergency declaration, Florida, unlike some other states, hasn't tapped Medicaid to help pay for drug treatment. (capeandislands.org)
- The Alaska State Library: promotes and coordinates library services to the community of Alaskan libraries, serves as the primary research library for state government, and collects, preserves, and makes accessible Alaska-related materials. (wikipedia.org)
- As Governor, and as an Alaskan, I'm thrilled you're interested in exploring Alaska. (travelalaska.com)
- Late that day the Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority, the state development finance corporation, issued a Request for Letters of Interest for parties to make proposals to develop a North Slope LNG project with a capacity to process up to 20 billion cubic feet per year of natural gas to LNG. (alaskajournal.com)
- The budget plan also eliminates state support for public broadcasting and proposes changes in petroleum property tax collections that will benefit the state but affect areas like the North Slope Borough. (rcinet.ca)
- Alaska now ranks 49th in rates of P&S syphilis among 50 states. (cdc.gov)
- These are tables of congressional delegations from Alaska to the United States Senate and United States House of Representatives . (princeton.edu)
- For chronological tables of members of both houses of the United States Congress from the state (through the present day), see United States Congressional Delegations from Alaska . (wikipedia.org)
- The Alaska Congressional election of 1984 was held on Tuesday, November 6, 1984. (wikipedia.org)
- This year the State Chamber will be traveling to Sitka, Alaska for its rural outreach trip on September 23. (akbizmag.com)
- In a young state whose history is filled with tales of boomtowns and ghost towns, Sitka has the distinctive character of a place that has been settled for thousands of years. (akbizmag.com)
- It includes members who have represented both the state and the Territory , both past and present. (wikipedia.org)
- It was the Territory of Alaska before being admitted to the Union. (familysearch.org)
- Between 2008 and 2011, 18 states and one U.S. territory experienced a decline in obesity rates among preschoolers from low-income families. (healthyamericans.org)
- The Alaska Governor and Lieutenant Governor's offices are located on the third floor. (wikipedia.org)
- In June 2012, the Governor of Alaska signed legislation classifying synthetic cocaine, which is marketed as bath salts, as a Schedule IIA controlled substance. (nationalgeographic.com)
- Other fisheries related items include a 40% cut in the $7.5 million the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute receives in state funds, double what Governor Walker had proposed. (thefishsite.com)
- Alaska is part of the Tri-State Child Health Improvement Consortium (T-CHIC), in which it is collaborating with Oregon and West Virginia as part of the Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act (CHIPRA) Quality Demonstration Project . (nashp.org)
- Rates of obesity are above 35 percent for the first time ever in two states (Mississippi and West Virginia), are at or exceed 30 percent in 20 states and are not below 21 percent in any. (healthyamericans.org)
- While the 1975 Alaska Supreme Court decision protected personal marijuana possession and a 1998 initiative legalized medicinal marijuana, state lawmakers twice criminalized any possession over the years, creating an odd legal limbo. (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- But Nick fears that the initiative, in combination with a 1975 state Supreme Court decision that legalized marijuana use inside homes - could open doors to drug abuse. (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Compassion's cases decided last year at the United States Supreme Court, Washington v. Glucksberg and Vacco v. Quill , achieved remarkable success in stimulating an intense national dialogue. (thebody.com)
- Decisions of the (Alaska Supreme) court suggest that the court may likely view the right of competent terminally ill adults to control the manner in which they die as fundamental. (thebody.com)
- The state Supreme Court in November struck down an earlier version of the mental competency law. (usatoday.com)
- Alaska is the only state to have coastlines on three different seas, namely Arctic Ocean, Pacific Ocean and Bering Sea. (theflowerexpert.com)
- Our first stop was about 100 miles south of Anchorage through the Kenai Peninsula on the Seward Highway to, you guessed it, Seward, Alaska. (daily-jeff.com)
- Listed below are additional legal holidays observed by the various states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and the territories of American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. (thefreedictionary.com)
- The content of this article and web site may not be copied, replaced, distributed, published, displayed or transferred in any form or by any means except with the prior written permission of Petroleum Newspapers of Alaska, LLC (Petroleum News)(PNA). (petroleumnews.com)
- they show overwhelmingly that this is a good thing," Annette Marley, manager of the Alaska Native Health Board's Trampling Tobacco Project, told the Anchorage Daily News. (juneauempire.com)
- The U.S. state of Alaska is not divided into counties, as 48 other states are (Louisiana having parishes instead), but it is divided into boroughs. (familysearch.org)
- However, unlike county-equivalents in the other 49 states, the boroughs do not cover the entire land area of the state. (familysearch.org)
House of Representati2
- A partially accurate meme claimed that Alaska will pay you more than $2,000 not to move away, provided you live there 190 days a year and aren't a felon. (snopes.com)
- All Alaska residents who live in the state 190 days a year and who are not felons receive $2,000 a year. (snopes.com)
- If you live there 190 days a year and aren't a convicted felon, you get an annual check from the state of Alaska just for not leaving. (snopes.com)
- The available funds are also reduced by prior-year dividend obligations, PFD operation expenses, and other state agency program appropriations. (snopes.com)
- An avalanche of free money strikes Alaska on Thursday as the oil-rich state government deposits $1,884 into the bank account of nearly every year-round resident. (snopes.com)
- In 2012, the State of Alaska undertook a 4-year, $33 million project to provide seismic upgrades to the building as well as further restore the building to its original appearance. (wikipedia.org)
- In the current fiscal year, which began July 1, the state has had to contribute an additional $634 million to meet those costs. (adn.com)
- GRS firm told the ARM Board this year that it found only insignificant differences in interpretation with the work Buck had performed for the state. (adn.com)
- this past year, only six states experienced an increase. (healthyamericans.org)
- Baby Boomers (45-to 64-year-olds)* have the highest obesity rates of any age group - and 31.7 percent of Baby Boomers in Alaska are obese. (healthyamericans.org)
- Gray Eagle arrived in Alaska late last year to enhance the tactical capabilities of commanders in USARAK Aviation, Stryker and Airborne units, along with joint partners. (army.mil)
- On a lighter note - Rep. Bryce Edgmon of Dillingham has filed a bill to make August 10 of each year Alaska Wild Salmon Day. (thefishsite.com)
- It would "celebrate the enormous bounty that wild king, sockeye, coho, chum, and pink salmon bring to the state every year," the bill says, and "may be observed by educational and celebratory events, projects, and activities. (thefishsite.com)
- Regarding the length of salmon hatchery leases, he said the document states that there is a 25-year lease and a 30-year lease. (ak.us)
- Each year, state epidemiologists, other Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists members, and CDC staff members collaborate in determining for which diseases universal national case reporting yields important data and therefore should remain on the list of nationally notifiable diseases. (cdc.gov)
- This enactment amends the Social Security Act to require states to use the Internal Revenue Service Treasury Offset Program to recover a covered unemployment compensation debt that is uncollected a year after the debt was determined due. (bls.gov)
- It is published twice a year by the University of Alaska, Anchorage. (poets.org)
- Alaska Day is an official holiday in Alaska, the United States, on October 18 each year. (timeanddate.com)
- Regarding the question about the range in sizes of aquatic farm leases, Mr. Smith said the document states the range is from less than one acre on up to 127 acres of state-owned tide and submerged lands. (ak.us)
- Regarding the questions on salmon hatcheries that have DNR general leases, he said the document states yes, there are some. (ak.us)
- The two companies that won the U.S. Bureau of Land Management leases already have access to other plots of state and private land nearby where they plan to drill that aren't covered by the lawsuit. (yahoo.com)
- Viral Hepatitis - In Alaska, CDC supports projects to improve the delivery of primary and secondary viral hepatitis prevention services in health-care settings and public health programs that serve at-risk adults and adolescents. (cdc.gov)
- The survey was conducted by Ivan Moore this month for the Alaska Native Health board. (juneauempire.com)
- Alaska contracts with Xerox State Healthcare LLC, which maintains the Alaska Medical Assistance Health Enterprise Porta l to support providers. (nashp.org)
- Alaska, through its contractor Qualis Health, provides case management services designed for patients with serious illness, injuries, and some chronic conditions. (nashp.org)
- A growing number of cities and states have reported decreases in obesity among children, showing that when we make comprehensive changes to policies and community environments, we can build a Culture of Health that makes healthy choices the easy and obvious choices for kids and adults alike. (healthyamericans.org)
- CDC analyzed cancer incidence data from the United States Cancer Statistics American Indian and Alaska Native Incidence Analytic Database (USCS AIAD), which includes data from central cancer registries that have been linked with the Indian Health Service (IHS) patient registration database ( 4 ). (cdc.gov)
- States can develop Health Services Initiatives (HSIs) to improve the health of low-income children and youth by using a portion of their existing CHIP administrative dollars. (nashp.org)
- States have used HSIs to support poison control centers, school health services, lead abatement efforts, and other unique prevention and intervention projects. (nashp.org)
- Nome, Alaska - The Norton Sound Health Corp. opened the doors to its new, state-of-the-art hospital Wednesday. (akbizmag.com)
- This is a state-of-the-art facility that people of the region will make their health care provider of choice. (akbizmag.com)
- This project is a collaboration between ASHNHA and the Alaska Office of Rural Health. (ashnha.com)
- Overdoses from heroin and other opioids have led six states to declare public health emergencies. (capeandislands.org)
- Massachusetts was the first state to declare opioids a public health emergency in 2014. (capeandislands.org)
- Will Humble , executive director for the Arizona Public Health Association says with that declaration, the state began gathering badly needed data on the crisis. (capeandislands.org)
- NNDSS is a public health surveillance system that collects data on nationally notifiable diseases in the United States and its territories ( 3 ). (cdc.gov)
- The spike came as Banner Health opened several coronavirus testing sites in the state. (desmoinesregister.com)
- Click or tap on a state to find tools and support for everything from health, legal and financial assistance to respite care. (aarp.org)
- Decisions about testing are made by state and local health departments or healthcare providers. (yahoo.com)
- You can visit your state or local health department's website to look for the latest local information on testing. (yahoo.com)
- To learn more about these efforts in Alaska, contact the program below. (cdc.gov)
- The annual distribution soon became the most popular program of state government. (snopes.com)
- The program serves the entire state and is free to those who are eligible. (wikipedia.org)
- After covering regular CHIP program administrative costs, states can use any remaining funds - within the 10 percent cap - for an HSI project. (nashp.org)
- Under its Community Revenue Sharing program, the state paid some municipalities millions of dollars. (alaskapublic.org)
- Now Vandenhuerk is part of a Christian-based treatment program at the Anchorage Correctional Complex, in southcentral Alaska. (rcinet.ca)
- Also on the chopping block: the Alaska Farm to School program run by the Dept. of Natural Resources. (thefishsite.com)
- The small program promotes local use of farm and seafood products in state schools. (thefishsite.com)
- Two young harbor seals are back where they belong after being rehabilitated through the Alaska SeaLife Center's Wildlife Response Program and released into Kachemak Bay. (usatoday.com)
- More information about your testing program will come directly from your state. (act.org)
- The state commits to the program, signing an agreement to proceed. (act.org)
- Many lawmakers felt that the money distributed as dividends could be more beneficially spent on public programs and, particularly, on capital projects which would increase the physical infrastructure of roads, harbors, airports, power generation, etc. in the state-investments considered to be a necessary pre-requisite for economic development. (snopes.com)
- Our trade show is an exceptional opportunity to promote your products and services to business leaders and key lawmakers from across Alaska, Canada and the Pacific Northwest. (akbizmag.com)
- This is done through the Documents Depository, which distributes the publications to depository libraries throughout the state. (wikipedia.org)
- It coordinates the Alaska Library Network (ALN), which provides interlibrary loans, cooperative collection development, and resource sharing among libraries. (wikipedia.org)
- Starting in November, Phoenix's public library system will join a growing number of libraries around the United States that have dropped overdue book fees, becoming the nation's largest metropolis to dump the fines. (usatoday.com)
- Because of its size and strategic importance, Alaska is unique in hosting a military command focused on the defense and, when requested, support of the state," said Lt. Gen. Fraser. (northcom.mil)
- The city lies adjacent to Chugach State Park (a popular recreation area for hiking, skiing, climbing, and many other activities), and Independence Mine State Historical Park (comprising two former gold mines) is just north of the city. (britannica.com)
- Browse Ramps in Alaska, United States by city. (marinas.com)
- Those are costs that we should have paid in the past, but which we didn't for whatever reason," said Kristin Erchinger, a member of the Alaska Retirement Management Board and finance director for the city of Seward. (adn.com)
- The financing would also include an expanded gas distribution system in the Interior Alaska city, Parnell said in a press release. (alaskajournal.com)
- Bob Bartholomew, Juneau's finance director, said the capital city relies on numerous funding sources from the state. (alaskapublic.org)
- What is the worst city to live in your state? (freep.com)
- Skagway , municipality, southeastern Alaska , U.S. Lying 90 miles (145 km) northeast of Juneau and situated at the north end of the Lynn Canal , it is the northernmost point on the Inside Passage (Alaska Marine Highway). (britannica.com)
- On December 15, 1998 Compassion in Dying Federation launched the second phase of its Litigation Project and filed a lawsuit in Alaska Superior Court at Anchorage. (thebody.com)
- The Department's other major cost-saving strategy is to close the half of the Wildwood Correctional Center in Kenai (southcentral Alaska) that houses and provides programming for inmates who are serving their sentences. (rcinet.ca)
- To describe the prevalence of medical home among American Indian and Alaska Native children (AIAN) compared to non-Hispanic white (NHW) children and identify areas for improvement in the provision of care within a medical home. (cdc.gov)
- This year's increase comes from a combination of growing costs and lagging investment returns, and it adds to the woes Alaska has had with its public employee retirement plans recently. (adn.com)
- The new numbers were officially adopted by the Alaska Retirement Management Board in June, and will be factored into next year's budgets, straining state finances further. (adn.com)
- In last year's report, only one state, Arkansas, experienced an increase in its adult obesity rate. (healthyamericans.org)
- Pink outputs - Forecasts for this year's salmon season have been trickling in over the past months, and state fishery managers will announce the official projections in a couple of weeks. (thefishsite.com)
- This Alaska elections -related article is a stub . (wikipedia.org)
- Either Alaska isn't paying attention, or it knows that invoking exemption 4(d) won't stand up in court, because the Endangered Species Act specifically requires decisions be based exclusively on science, not economics. (scienceblogs.com)
- We will either be a state in which we believe that we can be a society divided and still somehow make progress," he said, or we can be a society in which people know they can disagree but "come together to make the decisions that build a better Alaska for every single one of us. (adn.com)