Encyclopedias as Topic
A group of Indian Ocean Islands, east of Tanzania. Their capital is Victoria. They were first claimed by the French in 1744 but taken by the English in 1794 and made a dependency of MAURITIUS in 1810. They became a crown colony in 1903 and a republic within the Commonwealth in 1976. They were named for the French finance minister, Jean Moreau de Sechelles, but respelled by the English in 1794. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p1102 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p496)
The training or bringing-up of children by parents or parent-substitutes. It is used also for child rearing practices in different societies, at different economic levels, in different ethnic groups, etc. It differs from PARENTING in that in child rearing the emphasis is on the act of training or bringing up the child and the interaction between the parent and child, while parenting emphasizes the responsibility and qualities of exemplary behavior of the parent.
Genome-Wide Association Study
The mucous membrane lining the RESPIRATORY TRACT, including the NASAL CAVITY; the LARYNX; the TRACHEA; and the BRONCHI tree. The respiratory mucosa consists of various types of epithelial cells ranging from ciliated columnar to simple squamous, mucous GOBLET CELLS, and glands containing both mucous and serous cells.
The transmission and reproduction of transient images of fixed or moving objects. An electronic system of transmitting such images together with sound over a wire or through space by apparatus that converts light and sound into electrical waves and reconverts them into visible light rays and audible sound. (From Webster, 3rd ed)
An OOCYTE-containing structure in the cortex of the OVARY. The oocyte is enclosed by a layer of GRANULOSA CELLS providing a nourishing microenvironment (FOLLICULAR FLUID). The number and size of follicles vary depending on the age and reproductive state of the female. The growing follicles are divided into five stages: primary, secondary, tertiary, Graafian, and atretic. Follicular growth and steroidogenesis depend on the presence of GONADOTROPINS.
The processes occurring in early development that direct morphogenesis. They specify the body plan ensuring that cells will proceed to differentiate, grow, and diversify in size and shape at the correct relative positions. Included are axial patterning, segmentation, compartment specification, limb position, organ boundary patterning, blood vessel patterning, etc.
INFLAMMATION of the LIVER in humans caused by HEPATITIS C VIRUS, a single-stranded RNA virus. Its incubation period is 30-90 days. Hepatitis C is transmitted primarily by contaminated blood parenterally, and is often associated with transfusion and intravenous drug abuse. However, in a significant number of cases, the source of hepatitis C infection is unknown.
She appears in stages: 1. You're paralyzed, and you see her; 2. She marks you; 3. Physical contact; 4. You see her when you're ... Mara only appears when someone is in a deep sleep; thus, Dougie only sleeps in brief intervals, keeping alarms and blaring ... The following day, Kate gets a call from Dougie; he is on stage four. Afraid to fall asleep, he attempts to cut off his eyelids ... Later that night, Dougie's generator dies, stopping his alarm clocks; at the same time, Kate enters the third stage and Mara ...
Tomlin was the first woman to appear solo in a Broadway show with her premiere of Appearing Nitely at the Biltmore theatre in ... On Stage. New York, N.Y.: Arista, 1977. Recorded live at the Biltmore Theatre, New York City. Audio book on LP. OCLC 858894156 ... Also, in the 1990s, Tomlin appeared on the popular sitcom Murphy Brown as the title character's boss. In 1995 she appeared on ... in which in addition to appearing in general sketches and delivering comic gags, she began appearing as the regular characters ...
On Stage. New York, N.Y.: Arista, 1977. Recorded live at the Biltmore Theatre, New York City. Audio book on LP. OCLC 858894156 ... Appearing Nitely. Valley Village, Calif.: Tomlin and Wagner Theatricalz, 1992. Recorded live at the Huntington Hartford Theater ...
At the end of 2005, she appeared in the BBC television adaptation of Bleak House. Tate returned to the stage for the first time ... She appeared in Bruce's Hall of Fame with Alexander Armstrong the following day. In 2016, Tate appeared in the new musical ... whilst Tate appeared as Lauren. Also at that time, she was a guest star at the 77th Royal Variety Performance and appeared ... Tate also played the role of Donna Noble in Doctor Who, a woman in a wedding dress who suddenly appears in the TARDIS at the ...
Nimrod appeared in the X-Men arcade game. It acts as the Stage 4 Boss. It also returns in Stage 7 as the fourth boss (of five) ... Nimrod is a fictional character appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character first appeared in ... Nimrod appears in Marvel: Avengers Alliance. In Chapter 2, the players fight a Nimrod Series MK IV. Nimrod is a boss in The ... Bastion appears to be reverting more and more to fully being Nimrod. Some time later, Bastion unleashes an endless horde of ...
In 1980s, she started to act in school stage when she was in grade 7 and studied dancing under Mrs. Vajira Chitrasena. Then she ... "Kadira Divyaraja who appears all deities". Dinamina. Retrieved 25 July 2019. "රක්තා හැදූ ගාමිණී සඳ දඩයම රූ ගන්වයි". Sarasaviya ... "The presidential stage where four people are competing". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 10 August 2019. "Tale of Jack and Magical Beans ... Under Chithra's guidance, she performed in a ballet Sasara staged in Rupavahini. She was introduced into the cinema by popular ...
List of megaprojects
Unknown (2019). "Incheon starts 4th-stage expansion project for new runway". The Korean Times. Archived from the original on 24 ... 1.4 Billion Galileo Mission Appears Crippled." Washington Post: A3 Archived 14 February 2017 at the Wayback Machine in Mission ... "Galileo navigational system enters testing stage". Deutsche Welle. Archived from the original on 15 October 2012. Retrieved 30 ...
Tornado Over Kansas
The composition appears "almost theatrically staged." The barn on the left and the outbuilding on the right have been ... The group initially appears to be rushing from the porch of their house, but the positioning of the son with the cat behind the ... The painting has appeared in over 150 publications, including the 1936 first issue of Life magazine and the 1996 film Twister. ... Principal figures are also given stereotypical characteristics: the father appears broad-shouldered and strong; both the mother ...
Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
Bosses appear in each of the game's stages, and as the player advances, the stages get more difficult, with enemies attacking ... The game consists of six stages, including an Extra Stage, which is unlocked if the player completes all the regular stages ... Sometimes appears in dōjinshi with Cirno. Cirno (チルノ, Chiruno) - Stage two boss, attacks with icicles. A leader of the fairies ... Sakuya Izayoi (十六夜 咲夜, Izayoi Sakuya) - Stage five boss and stage six mid-boss. The head maid of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, ...
"Rio to stage 2016 Olympic Games". BBC News. October 2, 2009. Retrieved September 17, 2017. Censorship, Index on (October 14, ... "BNP membership list appears on Wikileaks". the Guardian. October 20, 2009. Retrieved March 12, 2021. "BBC NEWS , Middle East , ...
In the Metropolis stage, he is seen fighting Kilowog. Atrocitus appears as a playable character in Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham ... Atrocitus first appears in Green Lantern vol. 4 #25 in a two-page "War of Light" spread and was created by Geoff Johns and ... Sometime later, he appeared in New York City with the feline Red Lantern Corps member, Dex-Starr in search of the emotional ... Atrocitus appears in the Justice League Action episode "Rage of the Red Lanterns", voiced by Michael Dorn. He leads the Red ...
Stanley Fields (actor)
Appeared In Vaudeville. Began Stage Career in Chorus With George M. Cohan. In Films 15 Years". New York Times. April 24, 1941. ...
Love Birds (musical)
Baalthazar appears on stage. He consoles Parker and Pewcey reminding them that Armitage is a dinosaur after all, and that one ... "on-stage" soft-shoe number. Halfway through, Baalthazar unexpectedly swoops back onto stage. Two old cronies, Baalthazar and ... In The Stage's wrap-up edition of the festival, on September 3, 2015 reporter Paul Vale declared Love Birds his "Critic's Pick ... Armitage is forced to appear before the Supreme Court where he must now stand trial in front of the Chief Justice of the land. ...
Atomic electron transition
Snizhko, Kyrylo; Kumar, Parveen; Romito, Alessandro (March 23, 2020). "The Quantum Zeno effect appears in stages". arXiv: ... It appears discontinuous as the electron "jumps" from one energy level to another, typically in a few nanoseconds or less. It ...
This performance appears on the album Upfront! Canadians Live from Mountain Stage. It was later revealed in the book Have Not ... The version recorded at that show appears on their 1999 greatest hits compilation Hit Parade. In a 1993 concert performance on ... Public Radio International's Mountain Stage series, Mann explained some of the song's backstory, stating that the song was ...
Hancock, Abby (January 13, 2009). "Miss AK prepares for national stage". The Northern Light. "A Big Night at the Miss America ... Speaking of tough odds: Miss Alaska Cari Leyva... Curtis, Paul C. (April 12, 2004). "Justine Michioka appears in 'Miss USA' ... "Miss Alaska 2014 takes the stage on Daybreak". KTVA-TV. June 4, 2014. "2015 Miss America Pageant Scholarship Winners". Miss ...
List of Pokémon anime characters
He also appears in the Pokémon Live! stage musical where he is played by Darren Dunstan. It is stated that he and Delia Ketchum ... After appearing in a few fantasy sequences and flashbacks, Chili and Cress appear one last time in the Decolore Islands arc. ... He first appears in "A Seasoned Search!" Abe appears in "Mallow and the Forest Teacher!", where Mallow runs away into the ... She is scheduled to appear in the 65th episode of Pokemon Journeys: The Series, but in the same outfit as she appears in ...
He appears in Telugu TV serials also. He was born in Vijayawada to the couple Krishna Reddy and Samrajyamma. He is married to ... He has had stage experience from 1966 to 1996. He made his debut in films with the Sobhan Babu-starrer Sarpa Yagam in 1991, ...
Viluy also appears in the stage musicals. She is voiced by Yoshino Takamori in the original anime and by Rina Honnizumi in ... as he appears in a flashback of Hotaru during the episode 168. Professor Tomoe appears in several musicals. In the Last Dracul ... The Death Mannetjes appear in the Last Dracul musical. They are homunculi created by Undead Berserk while he takes over Tomoe's ... Appearing as red feminine liquid humanoids in their natural state, the Daimons are artificially created by Tomoe and Vesselize ...
Theatre Row Building
"NY Times Theatre Row 2004 On Stage and Off". Gordon, David (18 June 2019). "Venerable off-Broadway Complex Theatre Row Reopens ... "A New and Improved Theatre Row Appears , Playbill". Playbill. Retrieved 2018-02-24. McKinley, Jesse. "Upscale March Of Theater ...
Don't Look Down (Ozark Mountain Daredevils album)
Lights and Stage Production: Dan Mayoand Rick Redford. Artist Management: Good Karma Productions, Kansas City, Missouri. Art ... Geoffrey Richardson appears courtesy of Arista Records. Recorded at Caribou Ranch, Colorado. Mixed at AIR, London Engineered by ...
Mongolian Nuclear-Weapons-Free Status
At this stage, it appears[to whom?] that the international recognition of Mongolia's nuclear-weapons-free status is complete. ...
Long Tall Sally
... making it appear for the first time to be included on a core catalogue album. The song appears in the film Backbeat. Upon ... Paul' sang Long Tall Sally in the Glasgow stage version]. It's like the Buddy Holly and Glenn Miller stories. The Buddy Holly ... On March 7, 1988, the song appeared on Past Masters, a compilation album that compiles every song commercially released by the ...
She then returned to the United States, appearing in the 1921 musical Angel Face which was staged by George Lederer for ... she worked frequently as a character actress in British cinema from 1933 to 1940 in addition to appearing on the British stage ... She remained active on Broadway for the next couple of years, appearing as Henriette Deschamps in Guy Bolton's Grounds For ... In the United States her notable stage achievements included the role of Pomposia in the original Broadway production of Lorenz ...
Rarely appeared on stage. Nakamura Kanzaburō VII (August 1750 - February 1775) - zamoto and son of Kankurō I. Rarely appeared ... Rarely appeared on stage. Son of Kanzaburō XII. Nakamura Nakazō III never formally held the name, but is counted as 14th in the ... Appeared also in TV commercials and stage musicals and comedies outside of kabuki. Died from esophageal cancer on 5 December ... Never appeared on stage. Nakamura Kanzaburō XI (April 1787 - August 1829) - zamoto son-in-law of Kanzaburō VIII. Rarely ...
Seikima II Akuma no Gyakushū!
To appear in the second stage. His instrument is a basic set of drums. Xenon Ishikawa The fourth fellow that was caught in the ... To appear in the third stage. His musical instrument is the simple bass guitar. Zeus In the final boss of the game, the enemy ... First appeared on stage. He uses the Flying V guitar as an instrument. Raiden Yuzawa Yet another fellow was caught in the name ... Coming in the fourth stage. He uses the Stratocaster guitar as an instrument. Jail O'Hashi Another fellow was caught in the ...
7 Mile (group)
He had been diagnosed with Pneumonia and Stage 4 Lung Cancer. A. ^ Also appears on the Trippin' soundtrack. Ankeny, Jason. "7 ...
List of Hyperdimension Neptunia characters
Tekken does not appear in the original series but was added to Re;Birth1. She also appears in Victory. Director Shingo Onodera ... She is energetic on stage, but very shy offstage. She represents the music company of the same name. 5pb was one of the ... In Victory she appears as a child in the V dimension for the first half of the game, where she is in the daycare of Basilicom ... He appears as a fat gold robot with green eyes, a tail, and a long red tongue that likes to lick young girls. Jack Devries of ...
Ang Probinsyano (season 5)
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Anarcon, James Patrick (August 18, 2016). "Elisse Joson and McCoy De Leon to appear in ... Jolo Revilla stages TV comeback". PEP. Retrieved April 19, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Eddie Garcia, ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Anarcon, James Patrick (April 17, 2018). "Ryza Cenon appears in first ABS-CBN show; ...
One Piece Mansion
... with each stage requiring different conditions to be met. Every few stages, a powerful rival character appears. The rival ... There are seven stages of increasing difficulty, ...
Operation delays due to COVID-19 appear non-life-threatening for early-stage disease
New study brings reassuring findings for women with early-stage breast cancer who delayed operations because of COVID-19 ... Delay in breast cancer operations due to COVID-19 pandemic appears to be non-life-threatening for women with early-stage ... The other group had small invasive tumors-stage I and limited stage II-that had not spread to nearby lymph nodes and were ER- ... Operation delays due to COVID-19 appear non-life-threatening for early-stage disease ...
West Hartford Native Matthew Macca to Appear in The Comedy of Errors at Hartford Stage - Courant Community
Hartford Stage Artistic Director Darko Tresnjak and Managing Director Michael Stotts have announced the creative team and cast ... West Hartford Native Matthew Macca to Appear in The Comedy of Errors at Hartford Stage. ... Robyn M. Zalewski (Romeo & Juliet, Private Lives at Hartford Stage) will serve as Production Stage Manager with Maria Tejadaas ... Kate at Hartford Stage); Lighting Design by Matthew Richards (Romeo & Juliet and Hamlet at Hartford Stage); and Sound Designer ...
Instagram QR Code Nametag appears to be in testing stage
Abstract 1176: Pharmacokinetic monitoring of 5-FU appears beneficial in stage II-IV colorectal cancer patients treated with...
Pharmacokinetic monitoring of 5-FU appears beneficial in stage II-IV colorectal cancer patients treated with different 5-FU- ... Abstract 1176: Pharmacokinetic monitoring of 5-FU appears beneficial in stage II-IV colorectal cancer patients treated with ... Abstract 1176: Pharmacokinetic monitoring of 5-FU appears beneficial in stage II-IV colorectal cancer patients treated with ... Abstract 1176: Pharmacokinetic monitoring of 5-FU appears beneficial in stage II-IV colorectal cancer patients treated with ...
Simon Cowell's X Factor musical will photograph 500 people hoping to appear on the West End stage during the run of I Can't...
If your dream is to appear on The X Factor, but you cant face a stage, audience and Simon Cowells judging glare, this might ... Want to appear in Harry Hills X Factor musical I Cant Sing? You may be in luck. The London Palladium production, featuring ... Alan Morrissey will appear alongside Harman and Erivo as Chenices love interest, Max, with characters based on Louis Walsh and ... Want to appear in Harry Hills X Factor musical I Cant Sing? You may be in luck ...
Syria's Assad appears on currency for the first time - Syria - Haaretz.com
Israeli Tunnel Operation in Lebanon Enters Its Explosive Stage * A Hezbollah Blitzkrieg: Tunnels on Israel-Lebanon Border ... Syrias Assad Appears on Currency for the First Time The 2,000-pound note, which bears President Bashar Assads portrait, was ... Assads father, the late President Hafez al-Assad who died in 2000, appeared on coins and on an older version of the 1,000 ... President Bashar Assad has appeared on the Syrian currency for the first time, his portrait printed on a new 2,000-pound ...
Viking Stainless Steel Appliances Appear in Design NJ Magazine, April/May 2015 - Viking Range, LLC
Stainless steel Viking appliances appear in the article, "A Shore Home for Sharing." Designer Ria Gulian creates an ideal ... Stainless steel Viking appliances appear in the article, "A Shore Home for Sharing." Designer Ria Gulian creates an ideal ... Viking Sponsors Taste Of The World Stage at New York Times Travel Show. ... Viking Professional Range Appears in Architectural Digest, February 2015. * Viking Advertises in BWM Magazine, Fall/Winter 2014 ...
Viking Appears in Sunset Magazine, December 2014 - Viking Range, LLC
Viking Professional Freestanding Ranges in Stainless Steel and White appear in the articles, "Tower Power," and "Reconcilable ... Viking Professional Freestanding Ranges in Stainless Steel and White appear in the articles, "Tower Power," and "Reconcilable ... Viking Sponsors Taste Of The World Stage at New York Times Travel Show. ... Viking Professional Range Appears in Architectural Digest, February 2015. * Viking Advertises in BWM Magazine, Fall/Winter 2014 ...
Recent reports - Palm Grove Ourimbah Creek Landcare
The divided leaves of the next stage (centre) soon appear however. The pinnate leaves of the mature tree are only produced ... Contractors finish first year The first stage of the work under the Environmental Trust grant along the creek bank was due to ... Regeneration after privet removal In the areas cleared of privet last year native seedlings have appeared, including red ash, ... Thats why we have to keep removing weeds that prevent regeneration, protect native seedlings that appear naturally, collect ...
Child development stages - Wikipedia
Legs may appear bowed; bowing gradually disappears as infant grows older.. *Fat rolls ("Baby Fat") appear on thighs, upper arms ... According to Sigmund Freud, the infant is in the oral fixation stage. The oral fixation stage is when the infant begins to root ... Landau reflex appears near the middle of this period; when baby is held in a prone (face down) position, the head is held ... More teeth appear, often in the order of two lower incisors then two upper incisors followed by four more incisors and two ...
harbor ucla medical center Archives - ScienceBlog.com
Hallucinogen appears safe, may improve mood among patients with advanced-stage cancer.... September 6, 2010. ... A pilot study suggests the hallucinogen psilocybin may be feasible and safe to administer to patients with advanced-stage ... cancer and anxiety, with promising effects on mood, according to a report published online today that will appear in the Januar ...
Inflation Is Here. Four Ways to Hedge Your Investments.
To do so, we collected a rich set of tumor and normal-appearing airway samples from 45 early-stage NSCLC patients (31 LUADs and ... Spectrum of allelic imbalance in the normal-appearing airway field of cancerization in early-stage NSCLC. We identified 255 ... in the normal-appearing airway field of cancerization of 22 of 45 early-stage NSCLC patients. Events were mainly found in small ... which may be in part due to the relatively small number of stage III samples (n = 6) in our early-stage cohort. Notably, ...
Little Mix - Oops / Touch (The X Factor UK 2016 Performance) [Feat. Charlie Puth] Music Video
Boris Johnson knows how to be popular and how to win, argues writer
Tim Herron shoots 9-under 63 to take 4-shot lead in Iowa
Wham, Lord of the Rings and Victorian orphans: the funniest reactions to the Drag Race UK finale
The moment where the eliminated queens all appeared on stage was (keyboard smash). ... When Prince Andrew suddenly re-appeared in public last weekend, giving an interview outside the Royal Chapel of All Saints in ... appears determined to extract revenge on the ambassador for daring to criticise the coup. Now he has urged Boris Johnsons ...
3 Stocks Billionaires Can't Buy, but You Can | The Motley Fool
This small-cap clinical-stage drug developer appears ripe for the picking Sean Williams (Geron): Clinical-stage biotech company ... And finally, Geron is a wholly clinical-stage drug company, which means theres potential for wild share-price swings, and the ... But this one compound demonstrated jaw-dropping results in early stage clinical trials for myelofibrosis a few years back. ...
Woman calls for more drainage on Gorleston street after flooding | Weather | Eastern Daily Press
Child development stages - Wikipedia
Legs may continue to appear bowed. "Baby fat" continues to appear on thighs, upper arms and neck. Feet appear flat as arch has ... Legs may appear bowed; bowing gradually disappears as infant grows older. Fat rolls ("baby fat") appear on thighs, upper arms, ... According to Sigmund Freud, the infant is in the oral fixation stage. The oral fixation stage is when the infant begins to root ... Stages, Child Care Resource Center The Stages of Child Development. ...
The development of the human brain from a closed neural tube at stage 13. - PubMed - NCBI
The terminal-vomeronasal crest appears. Various cranial ganglia (e.g., vestibular, superior ganglia of 9, 10) are forming. The ... The development of the human brain from a closed neural tube at stage 13.. Müller F1, ORahilly R. ... Twenty-five embryos of stage 13 (28 days) were studied in detail and graphic reconstructions of seven of them were prepared. ...
Confessions of a Book Agent; Or, Twenty Years by Stage and Rail; Being the ... - James Howard Mortimer - Google Books
Appears in 3 books from 1906-1981. Page 20 - I told him who I was and that I was looking for the message center. He took me to ... Page 1 - Twenty years by stage and rail ; being the experiences of a man who has sold $1,000,000 worth of books and remembers ... Confessions of a Book Agent; Or, Twenty Years by Stage and Rail; Being the Experiences of a Man who Has Sold $1,000,000 Worth ... Confessions of a Book Agent; Or, Twenty Years by Stage and Rail; Being the Experiences of a Man who Has Sold $1,000,000 Worth ...
Nesting biology and immature stages of the panurgine bee genera Rhophitulus and Cephalurgus (Apoidea, Andrenidae, Protandrenini...
This item appears in the following Collection(s). * American Museum Novitates Novitates (Latin for "new acquaintances"), ... Nesting biology and immature stages of the panurgine bee genera Rhophitulus and Cephalurgus (Apoidea, Andrenidae, Protandrenini ... Nesting biology and immature stages of the panurgine bee genera Rhophitulus and Cephalurgus (Apoidea, Andrenidae, Protandrenini ...
Establishment of dorsal-ventral polarity of the Drosophila egg requires capicua action in ovarian follicle cells | Development
Egfr signaling appears normal in fet ovaries at stage 10. Early stage 10 (A-H) and late stage 10 (I,J) egg chambers from wild- ... Egfr signaling appears normal in stage 10 fet ovaries. We further investigated the role of fet in grk-Egfr signaling by ... Stage 9 and stage 10B egg chambers from wild-type (A,C) and fetU6/fetE11 (B,D) ovaries were detected for pipe RNA expression. ... Cic expression appeared quite dynamic. In stage 9 egg chambers, Cic was expressed uniformly in follicle cell nuclei (data not ...
Mara (film) - Wikipedia
She appears in stages: 1. Youre paralyzed, and you see her; 2. She marks you; 3. Physical contact; 4. You see her when youre ... Mara only appears when someone is in a deep sleep; thus, Dougie only sleeps in brief intervals, keeping alarms and blaring ... The following day, Kate gets a call from Dougie; he is on stage four. Afraid to fall asleep, he attempts to cut off his eyelids ... Later that night, Dougies generator dies, stopping his alarm clocks; at the same time, Kate enters the third stage and Mara ...
Gumma: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
Endometrial Hyperplasia News, Research
A common birth control device is effective in treating early-stage endometrial cancer in morbidly obese and high-risk surgery ... Prenatal exposure to BPA appears to program uterine estrogen responsiveness in adulthood Prenatal exposure to bisphenol A, or ... Transvaginal ultrasound effective in treating early-stage endometrial cancer ...
Ramadan Calls for Book Fair Boycott - The New York Times
Understanding Liver Biopsy Results - Forum on Hepatitis and HIV Coinfection - TheBody.com
Assuming this is a scale of 0-4, Grading reflects the degree of inflammation or irritation, while Stage reflects the degree of ... Nevertheless, it appears mild. However, it is difficult to predict with certainty the likelihood of progression in a disease ... Stage 4 would indicate cirrhosis. From your description, you have mild inflammation and minimal fibrosis which is very ... Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither ...
ProgressionSymptomsImmatureSyphilisAlzheimer'sTypicallyFive StagesSeedlingsTumorRenalPathologicOccursCirrhosisSkipEvolutionaryTimeSurvivalOccurNeoadjuvantSecondary StageTwitterNearby lymph nodesDevelopmentSoresPainlessEarlyAnxietyEarliestYearsChemotherapyShowDisappearMoodEntersInfectionInfantVaginaPeopleTreatmentWeeksFindingsLegsCancerRarelySkinInitialDaysFinalSecond stageTeethPagePersonPreviously
- Global dynamics of a staged progression model for infectious diseases. (springer.com)
- CML develops in a two-or three-stage progression. (encyclopedia.com)
- We have recently developed an unsupervised machine learning algorithm, called Subtype and Staging Inference (SuStaIn) 6 , to uncover data-driven disease subtypes with distinct temporal progression patterns. (nature.com)
- How quickly do symptoms appear after infection? (cdc.gov)
- The appearance of a single chancre marks the primary (first) stage of syphilis symptoms, but there may be multiple sores. (cdc.gov)
- Skin rashes and/or mucous membrane lesions (sores in the mouth, vagina, or anus) mark the second stage of symptoms. (cdc.gov)
- The latent (hidden) stage of syphilis is a period of time when there are no visible signs or symptoms of syphilis. (cdc.gov)
- How soon do symptoms of Lyme disease appear after a tick bite? (mass.gov)
- Symptoms of early Lyme disease, described below, usually begin to appear from 3 to 30 days after being bitten by an infected tick. (mass.gov)
- If untreated, people with Lyme disease can develop late-stage symptoms even if they never had a rash. (mass.gov)
- Symptoms of chronic phase CML appear in 60%-85% of patients. (encyclopedia.com)
- The onset of the later stages of toxic alcohol intoxication can also be delayed if ethanol is coingested, prolonging the time it takes to develop metabolic acidosis and other symptoms. (medscape.com)
- Nesting biology and immature stages of the panurgine bee genera Rhophitulus and Cephalurgus (Apoidea, Andrenidae, Protandrenini). (amnh.org)
- It appears during late-stage tertiary syphilis. (medlineplus.gov)
- During 2019, there were 129,813 reported new diagnoses of syphilis (all stages), compared to 37,968 new diagnoses of HIV infection in 2018 and 616,392 cases of gonorrhea in 2019. (cdc.gov)
- 1, 2 Of syphilis cases, 38,992 were primary and secondary (P&S) syphilis, the earliest and most transmissible stages of syphilis. (cdc.gov)
- It appears at the location where syphilis entered the body. (cdc.gov)
- Rashes associated with secondary syphilis can appear when the primary chancre is healing or several weeks after the chancre has healed. (cdc.gov)
- The characteristic rash of secondary syphilis may appear as rough, red, or reddish brown spots both on the palms of the hands and the bottoms of the feet. (cdc.gov)
- Detection and staging of dementia in Alzheimer's disease. (google.com)
- Lesions typically exhibit the same stage of development in any one area of the body at any given time. (cdc.gov)
- This stage typically starts with the development of a rash on one or more areas of the body. (cdc.gov)
-  It has been found through several experiments that low levels of stage 3 sleep are observed in about 40-50% of people with acute and chronic schizophrenia (who typically experience abnormal non-rapid eye movement sleep). (wikipedia.org)
- Treatment of stage 3 breast cancer typically involves a combination of medication and surgery, based on a person's particular circumstances. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- The third stage, also called the renal stage, typically starts after 24 hours. (medscape.com)
- After five stages, who is wearing what jersey and who is leading which ranking? (cyclingnews.com)
- That's why we have to keep removing weeds that prevent regeneration, protect native seedlings that appear naturally, collect material for direct seeding, and grow key species up for planting. (google.com)
- With soil temperatures of 15-18° at a depth of 5 cm, numerous seedlings appear 8-10 days after sowing. (unodc.org)
- To do so, we conducted a genome-wide survey of multiple spatially distributed normal-appearing airways, multiregion tumor specimens, and uninvolved normal tissues or blood from 45 patients with early-stage NSCLC. (aacrjournals.org)
- As many as 60,000 American women each year are told they have a very early stage of breast cancer - Stage 0, as it is commonly known - a possible precursor to what could be a deadly tumor. (nytimes.com)
- Doctors also describe breast cancer as stage 3 if a tumor is larger than 5 centimeters and cancer has spread to any lymph nodes, but not to distant organs. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- The researchers evaluated whether longer time to surgical treatment up to one year after diagnosis had an association with final pathologic staging of the cancer or with five-year overall survival. (facs.org)
- In women with invasive early-stage breast cancer, a longer time to the initial cancer operation showed no association with pathologic upstaging, the researchers reported. (facs.org)
- Upstaging is a change to a higher cancer stage based on surgical and pathologic findings, compared with the clinical stage-what a surgeon determined from physical examination and imaging results. (facs.org)
- Stage 4 would indicate cirrhosis. (thebody.com)
- I have Hep C/ with stage 4 cirrhosis, and geno type 1. (medhelp.org)
- My question is: what is stage 4 of cirrhosis and how serious is it. (medhelp.org)
- I would just like to know how many stages of cirrhosis are there and how far along is stage 4? (medhelp.org)
- can you tell me about stage 4 of cirrhosis. (medhelp.org)
- Can I Skip Chemotherapy for My Early Stage Breast Cancer? (wtop.com)
- Based on comparisons with modern marine invertebrates, the recalcitrant life stage represented by LOEMs is interpreted as an evolutionary response to prolonged episodes of bottom water anoxia in Ediacaran shelf and platform environments. (harvard.edu)
- A longer time from diagnosis to surgical treatment does not lower overall survival of women with early-stage breast cancer who underwent delayed operations before the pandemic, according to the study results, which are published as an " article in press " on on the Journal of the American College of Surgeons website in advance of print. (facs.org)
- President Bashar Assad has appeared on the Syrian currency for the first time, his portrait printed on a new 2,000-pound banknote that went into circulation on Sunday. (haaretz.com)
- at the same time, Kate enters the third stage and Mara places her hands around Kate's neck. (wikipedia.org)
- Some breeders like to check this is the case by introducing a gloved hand with some obstetric lubricant at the time when the waters break or when the feet appear. (independent.ie)
- Receiving a stage 3 cancer diagnosis can be distressing, but life expectancy and treatments are improving all the time. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- A beautiful, comprehensive volume of Dylan's lyrics, from the beginning of his career through the present day-with the songwriter's edits to dozens of songs, appearing here for the first time. (bobdylan.com)
- At stage 3 or 4 you do NOT have time to wait. (medhelp.org)
- The Giro d'Italia heads into the mountains for the first time in stage six. (cyclingnews.com)
- The notion of the Scholiast that the οἰκέτης , who has only just quitted the stage, reappears as Pylades, is rejected by A. Müller on the ground that the actor has not had time to change his dress. (tufts.edu)
- Grouping individuals on the basis of a similar appearance on a single time-point MRI is not sufficient, as patients belonging to the same subgroup would show different abnormalities as their disease evolves and would appear different. (nature.com)
- The researchers also found no survival decrease with operative delays in women with estrogen-sensitive, early-stage breast cancer who received neoadjuvant endocrine therapy (NET). (facs.org)
- Results: Pharmacokinetic monitoring among Stage IV patients (n=17) had a trend toward improved survival. (aacrjournals.org)
- Conclusions: 5-FU dose adjustment in response to pharmacokinetic monitoring results in a trend towards improved survival of Stage IV patients. (aacrjournals.org)
- This article looks at the survival rates for stage 3 breast cancer, as well as treatment options, remission, and ways of coping with the diagnosis. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- According to the National Cancer Institute in the United States, the survival rate for women with stage 3 breast cancer over a 5-year period is approximately 72 percent . (medicalnewstoday.com)
- For men with stage 3 breast cancer, the 5-year survival rate is slightly higher, at 75 percent . (medicalnewstoday.com)
- By comparison, the survival rate for women with stage 0 or stage 1 breast cancer is almost 100 percent . (medicalnewstoday.com)
- For stage 2 breast cancer, the survival rate is about 93 percent, and for stage 4 it is about 22 percent. (medicalnewstoday.com)
-  The reported differences between the REM and NREM activity are believed to arise from differences in the memory stages that occur during the two types of sleep. (wikipedia.org)
- Stage 3 was formerly the transition between stage 2 and stage 4 where delta waves , associated with "deep" sleep, began to occur, while delta waves dominated in stage 4. (wikipedia.org)
-  This is also the stage during which parasomnias most commonly occur. (wikipedia.org)
- The first stage, called the neurologic phase, can occur in less than 1 hour after ingestion and lasts up to 12 hours. (medscape.com)
- Significant hypocalcemia can occur at this stage, with QT prolongation and associated arrhythmias. (medscape.com)
- Neoadjuvant chemoradiotherpy followed by transanal endoscopic microsurgery may be a viable alternative to conventional total mesorectal excision for patients with early-stage rectal cancer, according to results of a phase 2 feasibility study. (healio.com)
- Researchers sought to examine long-term outcomes and health-related quality of life among patients with early-stage rectal cancer who underwent neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy followed by transanal endoscopic microsurgery. (healio.com)
- However, if the infected person does not receive adequate treatment, the infection progresses to the secondary stage. (cdc.gov)
- A "controlled explosion" on the set of the new James Bond movie injured one person and damaged the stage at Pinewood Studios outside London, the film franchise's official Twitter account said Tuesday. (variety.com)
- The explosion at Pinewood caused damage to "the exterior of the 007 Stage," the Twitter post said, adding that no one was injured on the set, but "one crew member outside the stage has sustained a minor injury. (variety.com)
- If that wasn't bad enough, furious fans took to Twitter to claim that she appeared intoxicated and wasn't singing live. (hindustantimes.com)
Nearby lymph nodes2
- Child development stages are the theoretical milestones of child development , some of which are asserted in nativist theories. (wikipedia.org)
- The development of the human brain from a closed neural tube at stage 13. (nih.gov)
- It is now a fetus, the stage of development up until birth. (medlineplus.gov)
- It appears to be important for the development of the integuments of ovules, the seed coat, sepal margins, and to a lesser extent for cuticle formation in the leaf ( 19 - 21 ). (pnas.org)
- We're still in the development stage so there's no profits to speak of,' he says with a wry shake of the head. (bbc.co.uk)
- Cold sores are painful and oozing, and they always seem to appear before that wedding or class reunion. (healthline.com)
- Canker sores are ulcers that appear in your mouth, usually on the soft tissue at the sides of your teeth or on the roof of your mouth. (healthline.com)
- Canker sores appear because of a weakness in your immune system or a nutritional deficiency. (healthline.com)
- The lesion s are painless (unless they get a secondary infection) and appears 1-6 months after the appearance of the chancre. (everything2.com)
- In early-stage rectal cancer, chemoradiotherapy enables organ preservation with additional transanal endoscopic microsurgery in approximately two-thirds of patients with good long-term oncological outcome and health-related quality of life," Stijns and colleagues wrote. (healio.com)
- CHICAGO (August 6, 2020): A new breast cancer study brings reassuring findings for women with early-stage breast cancer who were forced to delay their cancer operations because of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. (facs.org)
- In March, the Consortium recommended NET for patients with ER-positive DICS and ER-positive, invasive early-stage breast cancer while they waited for their operations. (facs.org)
- To better understand the ramifications of these surgical delay tactics, the researchers conducted this study using the National Cancer Database and analyzed data for 378,839 patients with early-stage breast cancer treated from 2010 to 2016. (facs.org)
- Interpretation of these distinctive Ediacaran microfossils as resting stages in early metazoan life cycles offers additional perspectives on their functional morphology and stratigraphic distribution. (harvard.edu)
- A common birth control device is effective in treating early-stage endometrial cancer in morbidly obese and high-risk surgery patients, said Georgia Health Sciences University Cancer Center researchers, and could lead to a cost-effective treatment for all women with this cancer type. (news-medical.net)
- Treatment during the early stage prevents later, more serious problems. (mass.gov)
- It will feature a case study driven approach to introduce students to original research literature at an early stage. (kent.ac.uk)
- In the past, most women who'd been diagnosed with breast cancer had been advised to have aggressive chemotherapy in addition to surgery, radiation and hormonal therapies, but as our understanding of the nuances within breast cancer and each patient's prognosis has increased, it's opened the door to the possibility of a less-is-more approach to treating many early stage breast cancers . (wtop.com)
- A pilot study suggests the hallucinogen psilocybin may be feasible and safe to administer to patients with advanced-stage cancer and anxiety, with promising effects on mood, according to a report published online today that will appear in the Januar. (scienceblog.com)
- After years of war estimated to have killed hundreds of thousands of people, Assad appears militarily unassailable thanks in large part to direct military support from his allies Russia and Iran. (haaretz.com)
- Purpose: We examined the impact of pharmacokinetic monitoring of 5-FU in colorectal patients with Stage II- Stage IV disease, receiving different 5-FU-based chemotherapy regimens, in terms of therapeutic response and safety. (aacrjournals.org)
- While the criteria for who may qualify to forego chemotherapy may sound very specific, the upshot is that HR-positive, HER2-negative breast cancer that is diagnosed in stage 1 or 2 , before it has spread to the lymph nodes, is the most common type of breast cancer diagnosed in the United States. (wtop.com)
- But there's more to come in cumulative stages, with artists chosen by artists already in the show joining on Feb. 17 and again on April 6. (nytimes.com)
- EEG recordings tend to show characteristic " sleep spindles ", which are short bursts of high frequency brain activity,  and " K-complexes " during this stage. (wikipedia.org)
- In a new interview, Jay revealed to In Touch Weekly that it was Ashley's idea to appear on the show and that he believes "life would be different" had he not agreed to have his story documented for TLC. (theashleysrealityroundup.com)
- The Tinder incident that happened, that was staged because without drama you don't have a show," he said. (theashleysrealityroundup.com)
- Hallucinogen appears safe, may improve mood among patients with advanced-stage cancer. (scienceblog.com)
- However, without treatment, the infection will progress to the latent and possibly tertiary stage of disease. (cdc.gov)
- These appear on the genitalia (and can be inside the vagina in women and can go unnoticed). (everything2.com)
- People who do not go through the sleeping stages properly get stuck in NREM sleep, and because muscles are not paralyzed a person may be able to sleepwalk. (wikipedia.org)
- People aroused from this stage often believe that they have been fully awake. (wikipedia.org)
- To read more about these notable people named Willard, click the corresponding row of who you want to learn more about, and additional information will appear. (ranker.com)
- Yet it now appears that treatment may make no difference in their outcomes. (nytimes.com)
- A normal pregnancy lasts about 40 weeks and is grouped into three stages, or trimesters. (medicinenet.com)
- Nancy had had a normal mammogram weeks before she was diagnosed with stage 3C breast cancer in 2004. (nhregister.com)
- In his introduction, he said that the members of EODM "were robbed of their stage three weeks ago," so he wanted to share theirs, according to U2 Start . (digitaltrends.com)
- The patient may not have any other significant findings during this stage. (medscape.com)
- Abstract 1176: Pharmacokinetic monitoring of 5-FU appears beneficial in stage II-IV colorectal cancer patients treated with different 5-FU-based chemotherapeutic regimens. (aacrjournals.org)
- At stage 3, breast cancer may also spread to the chest wall or the skin of the breast. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Cancer also appears white on a mammogram, and thus tumors are often hidden behind the dense tissue. (nhregister.com)
- Very rarely will CML appear in children. (encyclopedia.com)
- A history of inebriation with associated slurred speech, ataxia, and impaired judgment is common in the initial stages of intoxication of each of these alcohols. (medscape.com)
- Twenty-five embryos of stage 13 (28 days) were studied in detail and graphic reconstructions of seven of them were prepared. (nih.gov)
- The final stage of CML is the terminal blastic phase. (encyclopedia.com)
- A second stage (17) includes a second clocked latch (20) having an enable device (T24) gated by a second signal (SL) and data switches (T28, T29) connected between second data lines (DT, DC) at the same potential as data output nodes (21, 22) of said second clocked latch and said first data lines (DLT, DLC). (google.com)
- Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. (thebody.com)
- Thus, a person who consumes large amounts of ethanol on a daily basis may appear sober at the same serum ethanol level at which a novice drinker exhibits cerebellar dysfunction. (medscape.com)
- The model, which only comes with 16GB, has been available in Apple's website since Tuesday, but it was previously unknown when it would appear in its retail locations. (macrumors.com)
- Non-rapid eye movement sleep (NREM) , also known as quiescent sleep  , is, collectively, sleep stages 1-3, previously known as stages 1-4. (wikipedia.org)
- Stage 3 - previously divided into stages 3 and 4, is deep sleep, slow-wave sleep (SWS). (wikipedia.org)
- As previously stated, the patient who consumes isopropanol may appear inebriated, as with ethanol. (medscape.com)